Speaker 1: Caloroga Shark Media In there.
Speaker 2: I'm Johnny Man with your daily comedy news. Now, what do we make of Jimmy Fallon? Here?
Speaker 1: Is he?
Speaker 2: Uh? Does he get it? Does he realize Cobert went away and Kimmel has taken the summer off and he should go for it, because here is Jimmy Fallon doing political material.
Speaker 3: Trump is now claiming that vandals cut a three hundred foot slit in the new reflecting pool lining with a knife, which is weird because a month ago he said this about the new reflecting pool lining.
Speaker 2: You couldn't if you had a knife.
Speaker 4: I don't want to give anybody ideas if you had a knife, you can't even cut it.
Speaker 3: We're here to clear things up, as White House spokesperson Spencer Ellman.
Speaker 4: Yeah, hi, Jimmy, what a shameful day for this great nation.
Speaker 3: So you really think vandals cutting through in a foot slit in the reflecting pool lining.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we're sure of it. These maniacs took a knife and they absolutely gutted the president's perfect renovation. It's horrifying.
Speaker 3: Okay, but a month ago Trump said you couldn't cut his new reflecting pool lining with the knife.
Speaker 4: It's because you can't, Jimmy, completely impossible. I mean, this is top of the line material, totally indestructible.
Speaker 3: How can both things be true? Which two things? That they cut the reflecting pool with the knife, Yep, yeah, that happened. And you can't cut the reflecting pool with the knife.
Speaker 4: Can't do it. Knife would break.
Speaker 2: And I'm getting these from Jimmy Fallon's social I'm not going out of my way to find them. They're coming to me. These clips here once again Jimmy Fallon kind of making fun of the President of the United States.
Speaker 3: At first, Trump wanted a regime change in Iran. He told the people, you deserve a government, or as he put.
Speaker 1: It, you deserve a government.
Speaker 3: But now Trump's approval rating has plummeted. After Americans of all walks of life rose up, or as he says.
Speaker 1: Americans of all walks of life rose up.
Speaker 3: Things in the strait went terribly, but the administration keeps acting like it's not as bad as it is, or as Trump says.
Speaker 1: As bad is it meant something.
Speaker 3: The whole thing is a mess, and getting out of it will take devotion, prowess, and expertise, or as Trump calls.
Speaker 4: Them, devotion, prowess, and expertise.
Speaker 3: Meanwhile, Trump seems distracted by the reflecting pool at the Lincoln Memorial, or, as he calls.
Speaker 1: It, the Lincoln at Lincoln and you have to see this.
Speaker 3: He's also distracted by America's two hundred and fifty, which will celebrate the time our army man the ramparts, or as Trump put it.
Speaker 2: Our army manned the air, it ran the ramparts.
Speaker 3: In the end, the war has cost hundreds of billions of dollars and the only person with that kind of money is his friend Elon or as Trump calls.
Speaker 4: Him, my friend Leon, my friend Elan.
Speaker 2: I hope that helped. I think Jimmy is very smart to start to head in this direction. With Jimmy Kimmel taking the summer off on Colbert Show being over, Kimmel shows in reruns for a little bit. The guest host will start week of July sixth with Tiffany Hattish. Are you excited advantage Jimmy Fallon. Fallon may have figured it out. I'm gonna be curious to keep an eye on this. Megan Kelly waited in and said, Jimmy Kimmel's going on Vaca for two months. Do you have a two month vaka? Probably not. I'd be curious to know how much time Making Kelly gets off. By the way, do you have thirty acres and Marth's vineyard? Probably not. I wouldn't be shocked to learn Making Kelly as a place at Marth's vineyard. Well. Five months ago, a YouTube channel called life an Architectural Design did a video titled Megan Kelly's new Jersey Mansion. From twenty twenty two, we learned that the Kelly's at least then had an avalon Jersey shorehouse and if you know the Jersey shore not too bad ah. From twenty twenty five, the list dot com wrote the lavish life of former Fox News host Megan Kelly. They also mention the Jersey shorehouse. They mentioned that she flies private. Do you fly private anyway? I digress? Megan Kelly asked the question do you have two months off? Probably not? And guess who has a sub hosting for him? It's a litany of left wing comedians, most of whom you don't know very well because he's worried about his job security. Okay, then who would you like him to have sit in for him? Would you like him to have someone more famous? Should have David Letterman. I mean that would be awesome. I'm sure if David Letterman wanted to host a week of Jimmy Kimble tonight, Jimmy Kimble would say yes and not be worried about job security. Or maybe you look at it and you say Letterman's too old. I mean, who should he have on? Josh Johnson, Nate Bergetzie. Should he have Nate Bergatzy hosts the show for a week? I digress. Leslie Jones via Page six revealed that she confronted these Saturday Night Live writers over being typecast as angry and aggressive. Leslie was on the Sam Cinders Show and said, it's kind of frustrating that they'd always make me the girl that was angry and beating up people or in love with a white boy. They just always would make me angry or fighting somebody. She said she played ball because I wanted to be on the show, and at that time I didn't think that was happening until it kept happening, and then every time I would get a sketch, I was like, Okay, who am I beating up this week? Or advice to you up? And coming comedians. If you want to be there, go there because it's a great foundation. It's a great place for you still to find yourself. You can definitely get love going there. To sum up her experience, she said she loved being there and had fun, but doesn't miss the mental part of the job, which is exactly how I feel about the satellite radio Company. Robbie Hoffman admitted she stormed out of the twenty twenty five Emmys after losing to co star Julianne Nicholson. Robbie was on the Ball and the beautiful and said, we're the first award up. I immediately lost, and we woke up with all the gusto in the world. I walk in, I'm already like, where am I going to put the Emmy? We lose immediately. My sister goes, we don't need this crap and pushes me out. She grass me by the arm and says we're leaving this s word. But Robbie had a return. She had to present cinematography. Robbie said, I said, nah, I don't want to do that anymore, and they said no, it's part of the program. I was like, well, my circumstance has changed. I'm not in the mood, and they want me to read whatever's on this teleprompter. I go one thing. I know, I'm not saying whatever the f they have me on there saying. However, Hoffmann calmed down backstage and successfully presented the studio with its Outstanding Cinematography Award. Yeah, don't throw a tantrum at the Emmys. That's not going to help your career. Rob Schneider will headline the Funniest Night at Freedom Fest. It's the Punching Up Comedy Festival at Freedom Feed in Las Vegas. Are you excited? Will you be in Las Vegas at Caesar's Forum from July eighth through the eleventh. Freedom Fest includes stand up shows, a competition, podcast, game shows, and conversations with comedians and creators. A confirmed lineup includes Rob Schneider and Lou Perez. You may know from Gutfeld We Are Told. The Truth in Comedy competition at the Punching Up Comedy Festival is open to professional comics, first time comedians, and festival attendees under the theme think Funny, Think Independent, Think Free. Organizers say the competition is built around five themes free speech, political satshire, individuality, Independent Thinking and Challenging Convention Grand Prize five hundred dollars. That's right, five hundred dollars. If you win the Truth in Comedy competition at the Punching Up Comedy Festival held in Caesars in Las Vegas, five hundred dollars. You'll also get a trophy presented on the Freedom Fest main stage and a performance slot in the Punching Up Comedy Show alongside Rob Schneider. Haven't gotten around to Ryan Hamilton special yet because I'm watching three soccer games a day. I don't watch the late one unless it's Team USA, but I've been watching the others, which hasn't left and much time for anything else. But I'm seeing good reviews from Ryan Hamilton. But Geeba wrote, I had no idea who Ryan Hamilton was when I click play on as Netflix stand up special. That wouldn't be unusual if he were some young comedian who broke out in TikTok and does a lot of CrowdWork. But this guy in his fifties looks like the Smiley Guy or the love child of Jerry Seinfeld and Gilbert Gottfried and apparently commands a huge audience. I've never seen him in my life. Should listen to the show, mister Pajeeba. The fact that a lot of people don't know Ryan Hamilton is actually the first joke that he makes. It's a good start, but then he launches into a bit about getting hit by a bus. Apparently mister Pageba thought the bus section is a little long. Jeeba comments, Oh, he's one of those guys a clean comedian quote A. Currently he's also LDS, which is fine. It also explains why the entire audience appeared to be very old and very white, and it explains the whole shape of the thing. Hamilton works in the same lane as Jim Gaffigan and Brian Reagan, the observational family friendly never a curse word tradition, not true of Jim Gaffigan, where the comedian is built less on edge than on the comfort of knowing nothing will ever make you uncomfortable. Boy, this is just a terrible, terrible review. Now, putting aside the fact that you may have helped Jim Gaffigan early in his career and then he wouldn't call you back. Putting that aside, do you not have respect for Jim Gaffigan's comedy? And talk to any comedian, any comedian, any any comedian at all except maybe Rob Schneier. Actually, probably even Rob Schneider respects Brien Ring. They all respect Brian Reagan. So this whole sentence of like just being like suggesting that Gaffigan is is, I don't know what you're suggesting. No, No, everybody respects Jim Gaffigan's comedy, even if he doesn't call you back. The observational family, friendly and ever a Chris Word tradition where the comedy is built less on edge than on the comfort of knowing nothing will ever make you uncomfortable. That's a skill and there's an audience for it, but also means the bar for this bit could have ended twenty minutes ago, gets raised much higher than it should. All right, that's fair. A clean comedian working a thin premise into the ground isn't transgressive enough to be interesting and is in varied enough to stay funny. It just sits there, agreeable and overlong. None of that is a particular knock against Hamilton, but it's clearly as a type of audience that wants to see a clean LDS comedian. Why are you bringing that up again? Clean LDS comedian joke about getting hit by a bus for over half an hour, and on that front he absolutely delivers. All right, maybe that wasn't the most positive review. The great dramatic actor Adam Sandler terrible at comedy but good at romance. To mark his twenty third wedding anniversary to famous Hollywood actress and producer Jackie Sandler, the great dramatic actor Adam hired a plane to skywrite a message above them that read quote twenty three a hart j. Adam shared a photo of the skywriting message on social media. He wrote, happy twenty third d of our street to my sweetheart, Love you forever.
Speaker 1: Comedy stock Market.
Speaker 2: Thank you Burt Reynolds. By the way, the company from which I licensed Burt Reynolds now has Michael Keane. Should I have, Sir Michael Keane do the comedy stock market for a while? All right, here's who we're buying and selling this week. If you're new to the Comedy stock Market, what we try and do is we try and find value, much like you would in an actual stock market. We try and buy low and sell high. We're not saying anybody's good or bad. We're just looking at the relative value. Let's buy Jimmy Fallon. Opportunity there, and it seems like maybe he gets it. He's gonna grab it. Jimmy Fallon's tonight's show was in third place. It's moved up to second place just because of the fire and Alan garbage. So let's buy Jimmy Fallon and see if he can run down Jimmy Kimmel's guest host. I'm thinking he can. I'm gonna say I had it in my list before I did that review that I thought was positive. I'm buying Ryan Holleton. I like Ryan Hamilton a lot. I'm buying Ryan Hamilton. Let's sell Nate Brighetzi. The UFC thing kind of backfired coming off the heels of nobody liking the Breadwinner, and I mean nobody liking the Breadwinner. Have you met anyone who is like the Breadwinner? No, you haven't, So Nate not having a good run here, Let's get out on him. Let's sell Carlos Mencia.
Speaker 1: No.
Speaker 2: I don't know what happened or not, but you heard the news stories that he was arrested, and I just think in terms of value right now, nobody is going like, oh, let's book Carlos Mencia for a bunch of dates and sell out our arena. So it's time to sell Carlos. Let's buy some Mosha Casher. Obviously some terrible health news earlier in the week, but the good side of that is it got him back in the news and it reminds us all he is a fantastic comedian, and let's sell Sebastian Manascalco. I feel like other people are catching on too. Maybe the act isn't that cool or needs to mix it up, or at least stop making the stupid faces. Okay, and now what should we do with because he's got a special coming out next week? Should we buy? Should we sell? Not sure so I guess we'll just hold her. Luis c k al right is comedy Style market by Fellon by Ryan Hamilton, buy most Shaksher, hold Louis c k sell, Nate BERGHATSI sell Carlos Mencia, sell Sebastian Man of Scalco out Today a former guest from this program. He was fantastic. Dive down into the archives and listen to my conversation with Des Bishop, who's got a special Bridge and Tunnel out on Hulu today. Filmed at the Comedy Seller Does Bishop embraces his inner bridge and tunnel. That's some New York ease for people who don't live in Manhattan, Prapper. It's a bit of a dig. Bishop dives into the joys of not having kids, surviving gen X, dating, growing up Irish with a New Yorker's attitude, and finding humor in the chaos of modern adulthood. In case you don't know his story, he grew up in Queen's for a little bit and then moved to Ireland in his mid teens and has a big audience there. He was a great guest. Edie Motica you may know her from Dury Duty. She's got a special out today on Veeps. It's called I'm Just Like You and it sucks. If Beeps isn't your thing, you can hang tight until September. It'll be on YouTube, whether it be talking to stains on her aunt's carpet, making out with a pair of brothers on a cruise in two thousand and seven, or talking to a stranger about his liek girlfriend who died in a car accident. Eadie will stop it nothing to feel and spread love to the world around her. That's on Veeps. Also born and raised in New Yorker. I like it. We got a thread here today, Sally Ann Hall has a comedy special it's called Dead Wife Pretty that is out today. There is a trailer. Would you like to hear it? Let's listen.
Speaker 1: I think that if I was on like an old black and white photograph, old timy, you know, holding a rose, and then an old man came up to you showing you that photo and was like, this was mar One, I think every person in this room would be like, sir, she was beautiful. Whatever happened to her with a shame surely you know. Yeah, I'm not super model pretty, but I'm dead wife pretty.
Speaker 2: Some people are pretty or alive. Never been my thing. That's Sally Ann Hall. Available on demand, so you can check it out on Apple TV or Amazon Audio wherever you listen to your audio. And we have a day for Mary Beth Baron's a special that'll be on Netflix a month from now, Tuesday, July twenty eighth. In Galaxy Brien, Mary Beth Baron aims to shock, amuse, and a rouse. She covers a wide range of important topics, from reproductive rights to guys with tattoos. Baron says, I'm incredibly proud to speak for all women with this comedy special. Jokim Booster has a new podcast he'll take on dating, love, sex and marriage. It is called Intimacy Coordinator. He asks guests to share their stories of romance and the advice that they took from the experiences. Some of the guests that will be on the show Bowen Yang, Margaret Show, Natasha lazerro Beth Stay, Steph tolev Likes, To Kerman, and a bunch of others. And that is your comedy news for today. It's still June, so you got to share the show or I'm going to play Amy Schumer singh. So what you do is your phones in your hand right now, hit share and text with somebody. Go hey, listen to this. It's all you gotta do. Take you one second, all right? Tomorrow is one of those deep dives. We're going to talk a little Louis c k in advance of his special. That'll be tomorrow's deep dive. If you haven't caught on to this. And I got good reviews from the Facebook group Daily Comedy News Podcast Group. They said nice things about it, So I'm doing Deep Dives on Saturday in the summer. Several reasons for that, as I've explained, One it takes the edge off the production, and two, as a search has changed moving away from SEO to more AI stuff, there's a way to train AI systems to surface your program a little bit more. So I've been working on that and seeing some early results on that. Plus they're fun episodes to do, and if you guys like them and I like doing them and it helps the show, i mean, win, win, win for everybody. So that'll be tomorrow. Sunday's a normal episode. We'll talk a little past Nae Walt and we'll talk about the mare Tween Prize. And then Monday, of course a normal episode. You can follow the show on Spotify, turned notifications on so you never miss an episode and you have an awesome weekend. And I'll see you tomorrow