Speaker 1: This is Gary and Shannon and you're listening to KFI AM six forty, the Gary and Shannon Show on demand on the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 2: What else is going on? Time four? What's Happening? Time Will Well.
Speaker 3: What's Happening is sponsored by Abner Gap Water Damage Fire Damage parglary called Public Adjuster Abner Gap eight one eight nine one seven five.
Speaker 2: To two five s New Year saying me.
Speaker 1: They say that they don't believe there are any other suspects involved in that truck attack on Bourbon Street in New Orleans that is going to be reopening in about twenty three minutes, by the way, a half an hour before kickoff between Georgia and Notre Dame for the Sugar Bowl.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they have some people.
Speaker 4: Obviously it's media and police that are really the making up the bulk of it, but some people starting to walk their way through Bourbon Street.
Speaker 1: Now it's kind of hard seeing Anderson Cooper do coverage from Bourbon Street after, you know, another one of him and an Andy Andy Cohen's I weird New Year's celebrations.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 4: I go back and forth on whether or not he should do that. He as Anderson Cooper.
Speaker 1: I think he should because have Andy Cohen host and have like housewives and crazy thing. I mean, I don't know, I haven't watched that broadcast in five hundred years. I just know it still exists. But why not just have Andy Cohen do it? Like if you're a news guy, be.
Speaker 2: A news guy. It was odd again.
Speaker 4: I think part of it is it shows Anderson Cooper has a fun side, as fun as he gets, because he seems like he's kind of a party Cooper.
Speaker 2: You know, twenty four.
Speaker 1: Hours later he's got a report on terrorism.
Speaker 2: That's the hard part.
Speaker 4: The other bombing that took place was in Vegas. This Tesla cyber truck that exploded because it was packed with fuel and fireworks. Don't forget to mention that part of it. But the Army green beret active duty green beret who was in the driver's seat apparently shot and killed himself right before the explosion went off. They said that he rented this truck in Denver, but all the way to Vegas and killed himself while he tried to do much more damage. And to be honest, I don't know if that's a testament to the building of the cyber truck itself, or those glass doors at the Trump condominiums, because the truck did not show much signs of body damage outside of the tailgate flipping down, and I don't even know if that was done from the explosion or if it was the fire department trying to make sure that there were no other explosives inside. And the glass doors at the Trump Tower the condos there unscathed, even though this truck blew up just a few feet away.
Speaker 1: Chick fil A is celebrating the new year by bringing back some fan favorite menu items like the grilled Spicy Deluxe Sandwich, Key Lime Seasonal Beverages.
Speaker 2: Tell me more about that, the key Lime Frosted.
Speaker 1: You're a Mee Lime pie fan, right, Yeah? Yeah, you and my husband both.
Speaker 4: The Key Lime lemonade and the key Line I'm frosted lemonade.
Speaker 2: I just got diabetes.
Speaker 1: Okay, we got to stop doing food items at noon because now I want that grilled chicken sandwich.
Speaker 4: It's spicy, though, Do you like it? Do you like its spicy? Trader Joe's going to open three new stores in LA in twenty twenty five and not add one square inch of parking.
Speaker 1: Northridge Sherman Oaks, and Tarzana all in the valley.
Speaker 4: Obviously, LA tenants could see some significant rent increases for this year. A lot of LA renters face rent increases. The rent controlled properties could go up at four percent. Non rent controlled properties could go up as almost nine percent. About sixty three percent of LA residents rent their homes sixty three percent. But it could bee hundreds of dollars depending on how much you pay for rent. Obviously the percentage could have a larger impact on your budget.
Speaker 2: Well, that's a whole lot of men. That's a whole one.
Speaker 4: Hundred and fifty four thousand dollars worth of meth.
Speaker 2: That is a lot of meth. That's a surprise.
Speaker 1: I wonder what meth goes for these days.
Speaker 2: I don't even know how to ask.
Speaker 1: I don't know either. I don't think there's anyone left in the building that would know.
Speaker 2: Not actively.
Speaker 4: I mean you could ask people from like ten and fifteen years ago, surely, but sure Christmas eve chp officers and victor Ville.
Speaker 1: Love that we just took that long to go through our rolodex of people who work here to see if there was anyone who could tell us how much meth.
Speaker 2: Is going for.
Speaker 4: They saw a spotted and driver making an unsafe turning movement whatever that means, on the three ninety five near the fifteen, so they pull them over. Notice signs of alcohol and drug intoxication. Investigation conducted. Suspect arrested for dewey and one hundred and fifty four thousand dollars worth of meth amphetamine discovered in the trunk.
Speaker 2: You sound really blown away. I'm amazed by the.
Speaker 4: Forty four pounds photos in the arrestuo. The narcotics are stored in twenty large air sealed packages. Well done removing a dangerous driver and dangerous substance from the roads. According SHP, continue to drive safe during the holiday season. Designate a sober driver, especially if you're transporting drugs.
Speaker 2: Designate a sober driver so you don't get pulled over.
Speaker 1: Right, if you've got one hundred and fifty four thousand dollars worth of meth, make sure you've got a sober driver. Do you hear about the guy that jack the Waimo taxi?
Speaker 2: Is this?
Speaker 4: Would you say he did or would you say he tried to? Well, he's in it, I mean he's in, but it's not a collin anywhere, right? But are these things easy to get into?
Speaker 2: So that was gonna be my question. I've never ridden in one of these.
Speaker 4: I just assumed that if it's a driverless taxi you don't get in the driver's.
Speaker 1: See that those would be locked indefinitely. They would always be locked.
Speaker 2: But I guess you would.
Speaker 4: Could you could sit in that seat because it's since you don't need to control it, it's just another seat.
Speaker 2: I guess it is open.
Speaker 1: Maybe there shouldn't be a seat there.
Speaker 4: Or maybe it shouldn't unlock unless you're the person it's there to pick up. I have a hard time believing this guy was one of the customers, right. He was only in there for a few minutes. The police were able to get him out. They I love it they opened the door and pulled the man out.
Speaker 1: Do we have any more suggestions for you?
Speaker 2: Tooting with?
Speaker 1: Okay, we'll get to that when we come back. Gary is going to adult fantasy camp for the San Francisco Giants out there in Arizona.
Speaker 2: And we throw the.
Speaker 4: Word baseball in there, please, just to because people, I'm not going to hedonism. Ah, it's not some you know club in the Caribbean where I packed two different pairs of shore now one.
Speaker 1: Hundred and fifty four one thousand dollars worth of meth right, Gary Shitial.
Speaker 4: Kidds days in on Saint Bart's or something. There was a meeting this morning. President Biden contacted everybody at the Homeland Security Team about nine fifteen hour times, so about three hours ago they sat down and had a meeting about both of these incidents.
Speaker 2: Nothing came out of it. Nothing public came out of it.
Speaker 4: Or was released by the White House necessarily an inauguration note. President elect Trump is planning to hold a victory rally at the Capitol One Arena in Washington the day before he is sworn in January nineteenth, According to a sign up page on his inaugural website.
Speaker 1: You hear that bizarre explosion in Hawaii. Three women were killed, more than two dozen people wounded.
Speaker 2: They say it was a.
Speaker 1: Major illegal fireworks explosion at the home. Happened yesterday in Honolulu, one minute into the new year. The governor there says a cake bomb containing multiple aerial fireworks tipped over and fired explosives into the Combs carport. To take time off, the governor did from his annual retreat with Steve Gregory. Remember when he got into it. Yeah, that was so great.
Speaker 4: My brother in law and sister drove down from northern California over last weekend and as they were driving back, they were looking at rain that they were gonna have to drive back to rain. I said, we haven't had rain in months. And I thought about it, and there was an article today that said that this has been a particularly dry time in La in the downtown Metro La area from May sixth to December thirty first, we got sixteen hundreds of an inch of rain. That seven month stretch now the second driest since they began keeping records. Wow, so it's not an illusion. We have not had rain for a long, long long time.
Speaker 1: So I had some rain in New England.
Speaker 2: New England. Yeah, you guys were in Rhode Island at some point.
Speaker 1: We stay in Providence, Yeah, because it's closer to Foxborough.
Speaker 2: I had glitter on my face earlier.
Speaker 5: Hey, Gary and Shannon, we had some self proliferating glitter over the holidays, and my daughter came up with the perfect name for it. It's Arts and craft herpes.
Speaker 2: Yeah, oh, I think you should use that.
Speaker 5: It fits the tone of this.
Speaker 1: I think glitter it fits the tone of the show. I think glitter is much nicer way to say glitter.
Speaker 2: Arts and crafts herpes. Yeah, can't ever get rid of it.
Speaker 4: I have a walk up song for Gary, Yeah, cult of Personality by Living Color.
Speaker 2: It's a great.
Speaker 4: One, timing wise for you. Timing like in terms of my music growing up.
Speaker 1: To me, that would just shouts like old white guy.
Speaker 4: Right, and I know that you're right the fact it's an all black bands.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but that's like I see a guy.
Speaker 2: Trying a little too hard, Like.
Speaker 1: Who peaked when mullets were in the first time? Who's still rocking it?
Speaker 2: Okay?
Speaker 1: Maybe like a pink like a Neon pink tank top, some sort of dodge pickup truck.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, Hey it's the jam at the DA again.
Speaker 5: Hey, uh, I missed you guys, you were gone and think it.
Speaker 2: Gary should definitely play the.
Speaker 5: Tiger, all right.
Speaker 1: I love Aya the Tiger, but it's I love it like I love to run to this song, you know, because I think of Rocky and I think of not giving up.
Speaker 4: One of the other songs that I thought of was Lose Yourself by Eminem I was thinking eminem for the same reason. But it's kind of hack, isn't it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, kind of. Yeah.
Speaker 4: That's that's too bad because there's there's a lot of good ones out there.
Speaker 1: You don't want to be the guy who plays hot hot Hot in your newscast in July.
Speaker 2: We're not that guy. Happy New Year, guys. Gary.
Speaker 6: You can't use booty booty booty because I heard kyk Hernandez.
Speaker 2: Is going to be using that, oh in real baseball. Wait a minute, as well he should.
Speaker 1: Hey fine, I'm googling Key k Hernandez, but.
Speaker 2: I didn't know it was a thing. Uh, it's a barely a thing. Welcome back guys. Hey Gary, I think you should go with High Hopes from Panic in the Disco have fun, Dan and Clad You're back by. It's a fun song. That is a fun song.
Speaker 1: It's a but it doesn't say killer to me.
Speaker 4: Here's the thing well, and it also it does it does play into the whole fantasy camp thing like that's That's part of the reason why I liked I Wish from Ski Low because it was like.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but here's the thing.
Speaker 1: We're not going for a participation trophy. You need to bring home the m v P this year.
Speaker 2: That's high hopes.
Speaker 1: No, no, no no, it's not a killer song like you Gotta Go and scale of the other people. If you got to intimidate people, the m VP is going to be an intimidator.
Speaker 7: Okay, I think your walk up song should be Remember the Name by Fort Minor.
Speaker 2: Okay, this is one of those more esoteric songs.
Speaker 7: But I like it.
Speaker 2: I like it, but take a little riper.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean I guess I could ask for an edit, couldn't I I mean, can you?
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 4: Hey Gary, why don't you have a I make you a song for stud Horse Daddy Stown.
Speaker 2: That would be That would be amazing. I'd like to see when AI comes up with that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, what about Alo Black?
Speaker 2: You know the I'm the man, I'm the man, I'm the stud Horse Daddy Stallion. What I'm talking about? I do.
Speaker 1: It's in like Nike commercials and stuff. It's a little bit self important.
Speaker 3: Maybe, Hey Gary, Happy New Year? Hey Gary? Your walk up song? Yeah, Trumpets of Jesus probably wouldn't work. But how about Hell's Bells from a C d C. Yeah, Brother, or even Ace of Spades by Motorhead.
Speaker 2: Have a good day. Okay, love you, Shannon. All right, let me just give you just close your eyes. Here's this, Here's Hell's bells.
Speaker 1: I like it, but it's been done. You know you're gonna hear that in stadiums.
Speaker 2: You are going to hear that in status.
Speaker 1: The other one was, what did he say, it's like thunderstruck you know?
Speaker 2: Oh he said, Ace of Spades, my motorhead.
Speaker 1: I have an idea.
Speaker 2: Stop the presses. I like the energy.
Speaker 1: You know how you like Savannah bananas? Go on, what if we teach you the choreo for the DCC Thunderstruck routine and you get up there and you.
Speaker 2: Do the kicks.
Speaker 1: Okay before you're you step into the box.
Speaker 4: Here's my mentality. I would do that if the stadium was full of people. Now I'm not going to do it.
Speaker 2: If it's just I think it's hilarious.
Speaker 1: We'll teach you just like the just the we'll find out, we'll get the cut, we'll get the edit together. You have my you know, you don't have to be the you don't have to do the jump splits.
Speaker 2: Oh, thank you. I appreciate that.
Speaker 5: Friday.
Speaker 8: You guys are live today. Jerry, your walk up song pretty fly for a white guy by the offscreen it's funny and or maybe Pharrell's happy. You just really suit your radio face there, buddy, your personality either way happening you guys and glad.
Speaker 1: I like the idea of eminem but not that song. I'm thinking till I collapse.
Speaker 2: That's a tougher. That's a rougher song. Yeah, that's I'm Gonna f you up.
Speaker 4: Okay, this is the offspring, you know, fifty year old white guys. And then Pharrell Happy.
Speaker 1: That definitely doesn't say I'm gonna run this field.
Speaker 7: I might.
Speaker 4: It might be crazy me stretching this double into a single, right.
Speaker 2: How about drop it like it's hot?
Speaker 1: H No, I don't f with you, Big Sean, Big Sean.
Speaker 8: Oh.
Speaker 1: But then that flies in the face of their profanity role, right, And.
Speaker 4: I don't think they say no profanity. I just said they they didn't want it to be egregious, and that could be egregious. Somebody suggested sick Man from Alice in chains, this is a little too hard, especially about the guitargets.
Speaker 1: Don't say no right away, but what about tap in sweety no no no.
Speaker 2: Do you know what I'm talking about.
Speaker 4: Anything by Sweety, I'm sure is probably gonna be not appropriate.
Speaker 1: It's a great song that would be funny. I was gonna play it, but I don't know where the profanity is all over it. Maybe I don't think so they played on you. You've got a clean version. President Biden and his family were given tens of thousands of dollars in gifts from foreign leaders last year, according to to annual accounting by the State Department. First Lady Jill Biden received the single most expensive present, a twenty thousand dollars diamond from India's leader seven point five caret diamond.
Speaker 2: How do you accept that? How do you accept gifts like this? Might be rude not to.
Speaker 4: But that's the joy of becoming a politician, or in her case of politician's wife, is that you never have to work again.
Speaker 2: I guess.
Speaker 1: Biden received a number of expensive presents, including a commemorative photo album valued at seven one hundred from South Korea's recently impeached president Sukyol yun, a thirty five hundred dollars statue of Mongolian warriors from the Mongolian Prime Minister, a thirty three hundred dollars silver bowl from the Sultan of Brunei, a three thousand dollars Stirling silver tray from the President of Israel, and a collage worth twenty four hundred dollars from Voldemar Selenski.
Speaker 4: We've been tracing the developments out of New Orleans and Las Vegas. Of course, the attack in New Orleans where guy drove his truck down Bourbon Street and killed fourteen people before he was shot and killed. And then the guy who blew up a cyber truck outside the Trump Condominiums.
Speaker 2: In Las Vegas.
Speaker 4: The flags are at half staff outside the New Orleans super Dome at the State Buildings. Fans are arriving later a day later than scheduled for the college football playoff quarterfinal game between Notre Dame and Georgia there at the Sugar At the Sugar Bowl, of course, the game was postponed from yesterday from last evening to today. Many traveling fans extended their state to attend the game. The postpone it means that a lot of people will not be able to attend, so some tickets listed on resale online sites were as low as thirty bucks. In some instances, because people can't stick around for the game.
Speaker 6: Darian Shannon, I'm so glad you guys are back. I really missed you over the break and I just love the way you do the news and the way you let guys laugh with each other, and just glad you're back.
Speaker 2: Thank you bye.
Speaker 4: In terms of two last suggestions for walk up songs, I.
Speaker 2: Got the perfect walk up song for you. It's Annie the Clumsy c l U M s Y. It's called the Forehead song. Had to look it up. I had never heard of that one. My fuehead has lots of love. That's why it's so huge.
Speaker 1: Guys, We're not trying to humiliate him in front of us.
Speaker 5: Why it's so.
Speaker 2: Huge that much?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 2: My huge? Lovely? My huge?
Speaker 7: What lovely?
Speaker 2: Okay? And then the other option.
Speaker 4: I like it, but as we discussed, if I use my my fun fact about myself is that I've gone supersonic and an F sixteen this one.
Speaker 2: Do you want to double down on that?
Speaker 1: Then they'll think you're into some weird like fake Tom Cruise.
Speaker 4: Stuff, fake Tom Cruise as opposed to the real Tom Cruise.
Speaker 1: Well, we met fake Tom Cruise, I know, and we wonder what's it like living with that guy.
Speaker 4: Oh boy, do you want to do you want to listen to the president real quick and just see what he says.
Speaker 2: No, I don't, he's gonna he's gonna saying. Sure, let's see if I got him on this one tremendous. I can't keep it down, you really can't.
Speaker 9: And we're seeing that today. The sugar Bowl is back on oky cof is going to take off very shortly. If I don't get this damn thing done, we're going to be in real trouble. Oh boy street Back to local officials, security of the area has been reinforced and they should be over for business later today. The Bourbon Street people in New Orleans are sending a mistakeble message. They will not let his attack or the attacks attackers diluted ideology overcome us. None of us should fear that overcome us. What we're going to continue to let pursue.
Speaker 2: And I did not want to dip into.
Speaker 9: This, and they'll find no safe.
Speaker 2: Why shine a greater.
Speaker 9: Light in New Orleans and Las Vegas.
Speaker 1: On the President of the United States having completely lost it.
Speaker 4: At hand, And then he goes on to whatever else he was saying about the White House.
Speaker 2: I why are they continuing happy that he's going to be out of there in in a couple of weeks.
Speaker 1: Yeah, if he knows that, I don't know where we're at with how much he knows is going on.
Speaker 4: Well, he knows that Jimmy Carter passed away, right, I think someone's told him right now, right.
Speaker 2: He's going to the thing. He's doing the thing.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Saturday, I believe is when that's supposed to take place. He's going to the thing. Did you see Trump's truth social post about Jimmy Carter's death. No, it was so nice, really, I mean like it was like he could not have written that because it was something about it's it's sad. It's a very exclusive club of people who have been president of the United States, so that there's that sort of a whether you want it or not, there's a kinship there that that's unavoidable.
Speaker 2: And he was like, who did someone steal your phone?
Speaker 4: It did not make a lot of sense compared to what he had written in other other times. In people's tragic days.
Speaker 2: You mean them dying, Well, there's that.
Speaker 4: Try to find a new word for it term.
Speaker 1: Well, sign can tell us how to stay happier this year. It's where we kick it off.
Speaker 2: It's a life. It's like weird science, but strange according.
Speaker 4: To science, according books at Funny Donkey Pictures.
Speaker 2: Is that what that is? Why is there a picture of.
Speaker 1: Adults doesn't make you happy?
Speaker 2: It does, but I don't know why.
Speaker 1: Some people are born to be happier than others. But we can change our habits to coax more of it into our lives. So here are some top tips to be happier this year. We've talked about this before. Embrace friendship.
Speaker 2: Oh my sister told me about something.
Speaker 4: But there are now I don't know if this is new to me or to the world, but they are apps. It's dating apps, but just friends. Oh yeah, that's a thing of this. Yeah, it's like it's the.
Speaker 2: What's it bumble is that.
Speaker 4: It is dating apps, but it's like bumble friends.
Speaker 2: That's it. Like, it's that version of it.
Speaker 4: Nothing weird, nothing, not even a back door like way to get into the friend thing and then be like, but really, I'm here for eating.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 1: Well, if a dude is trying to be friends with a female, right, that's part of it.
Speaker 4: Red flag plus you talk about I'm married and we have three kids, and I'm happily married. But I'm looking for girlfriends or I'm looking for dudes or whatever.
Speaker 2: This reminds me.
Speaker 1: Of my space back in two thousand and five or what have you. And I was dating this guy in Seattle and he said he was going out for coffee with this with this girl. And I said, what do you mean? And he said, well, it's how I make friends on MySpace. And I was like, Blowney, you're basically seeing if there's somebody better out there well dating me. He's like, no, I can have other friends. I can make new friends. I'm not going to stop making new friends. I'm like, that is the biggest load of b I've ever heard.
Speaker 2: Right, you has been married for twelve years?
Speaker 1: Now?
Speaker 2: No, do I get that right? I don't know what year is it? Right now? It's twenty twenty five.
Speaker 1: The last Animatary free math that would have been twelve, so this will be thirteen.
Speaker 2: So you are married twelve years plus now, right? Don't get that right?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Good job? Well I remember that day very well.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well you're invited. That's why we're invited.
Speaker 4: Well, the other thing they say to be happy is to practice confelicity.
Speaker 2: What is that? I can't describe it here.
Speaker 4: Oh, it's shared happiness, they said. It's an undervalued facet of good relationships. Could be just as important as compassion. Always supporting someone else's good news.
Speaker 1: We do that here. We share happiness.
Speaker 2: I think so, I think so.
Speaker 1: Volunteer, it says, that is so true. I'll help other people. You feel so much happier.
Speaker 4: Connect with the ancestors is an interesting thing, they said, talking about knowing where you came from can have profound psychological benefits. Not just your parents, but obviously their parents and whatever journeys they took to get to where they are.
Speaker 2: Make grounded in some way.
Speaker 1: I guess, write a list, but what you're grateful for, things that you know that you're happy about.
Speaker 4: Look forward to fun activities there. That's one thing that I've noticed about vacations. If you plan a vacation long enough in advance.
Speaker 1: It's the anticipant anticipation that is the most fun part.
Speaker 4: And then you share your knit confelicity with right They're like, oh, you must be excited about your vacation.
Speaker 1: And the other thing about vacations is even if as goes to hell when you're on vacation. When you look back, you never remember that stuff. You only remember the good stuff. I guess we want to miss a flight, or oh yeah, take the wrong train, or what.
Speaker 2: Have you done that?
Speaker 4: Do nothing is one of the options comes a surprise, But worrying too much about being happy can actually be a block to feeling it that. It's okay to just have just simple downtime. Don't drink too much caffeine.
Speaker 2: That's odd.
Speaker 1: I guess it's because you get better sleep if you don't drink as much caffeine, and better sleep leads to happiness.
Speaker 2: Oh that's all scientific. Sounds like common sense crap to me. Doesn't then close up pictures of smiling.
Speaker 1: Donkeys donkeys that will all donkeys at work as well. There is a volcano that is showing signs of life under the sea. It is situated four hundred and seventy kilometers off the Oregon coast, and yes, it is predicted to erupt this year.
Speaker 4: The axial seamount is showing all the signs of impending activity. It's about thirty four hundred feet tall and is located about the three five five thousand feet below sea level, so it's way down there. It's not like we're going to see this thing explode and cause magma to or erupt from the middle of the ocean, but it could cause some problems.
Speaker 1: Over the past ten years, various devices have been tracking every rumble, shake, swell, and tilt from this in real time using a seafloor cable.
Speaker 4: They said that it is the most well instrumented submarine volcano on the planet.
Speaker 1: So what kind of problems are we talking about.
Speaker 4: Well, I mean, earthquakes are going to cause any kind of problem off the coast of the coast of off the coast of California. That we saw that earthquake out of Ferndale. Was it not too long ago that caused the caused nerves and the tsunami warning. But it was the wrong kind of earthquake to cause that kind of a tsunami. Volcano like this, depending on how much stuff it displaces, could easily cause a tsunami up and down the West coast.
Speaker 2: Not again, it's like it's so far underwater.
Speaker 4: It is so far into water, and it's so far off the coast that it's less likely to cause I guess, I mean.
Speaker 2: Listen it it.
Speaker 4: You never say never in the world of volcanology, but they said it the surface of this thing swelled to the same height in November as it did before it erupted in twenty fifteen, so that enough magma has accumulated underground and the pressure within the volcano is building. They were able to forecast the eruption back in twenty fifteen and said that it was their best forecasting success to that end, and they hope that it goes off again because then that would mean that their forecasts are good now and maybe give them more information about how to forecast in the future.
Speaker 1: Speaking of Oregon, there was an Oregon housecat that died because of the bird flu. No also a pet food recall as well. Bird flu, as you know, has been spreading for years and the wild birds, the chickens, the turkeys first confirmed and dairy cattle back in March. They say it's been causing sporadic, mostly mild illnesses and people in the US, and nearly all of those infected worked on dairy or poultry farms. They say for this cat, they traced it to frozen cat food that contained raw turkey. Doesn't sound like it's a good idea to eat raw turkey anyway.
Speaker 2: For your cat, even if it's a cat.
Speaker 1: Yeah, what did you feed Kevin? Did you feed Kevin?
Speaker 6: Oh?
Speaker 4: Now it's my responsibility to feed a cat.
Speaker 1: Well, you used to have a cat named Kevin. Did you feed him? Or did you just let him forage for himself since you gave him away?
Speaker 2: Well, he doesn't need me.
Speaker 4: He did fine, he jumped out of the second story window to find food.
Speaker 2: What does he need me for he.
Speaker 4: Did, Yeah, he jumped out of the second story window to get away from us.
Speaker 2: And where did he land on the ground? And he was fine? Well, he's a cat, Yes, he's fine.
Speaker 1: Well, I mean I get that cats can handle falls or jumps, but that significantly, that's a significant let him out the window.
Speaker 2: I didn't you have a screen on them? No, I did not have a screen on He did not have a screen on the window. I didn't know that. I'm supposed to have a screen.
Speaker 4: I didn't know a dumb cat would walk out a window on the second story.
Speaker 1: It's basically animal abuse. A lack of a screen on the second floor is what that is.
Speaker 7: You.
Speaker 4: My dog knows not to fall into the pool, so how is that different the cat should know not to The.
Speaker 1: Cat get out the window that it's on the second story.
Speaker 2: It does if it puts its head out the window.
Speaker 1: I don't think that the cat takes in information the way you take it in. I don't know if it has depth perception.
Speaker 2: Cook your meat before you give it to your animals.
Speaker 4: That's the bottom line, doctor Michael Bailey, President Elective American Veterinary Medical Association. Cooking meat pasteurizing milk destroys the bird flu virus, another disease causing germs. Cats are obviously susceptible to the bird flu virus, the type A H five and one, because of their propensity to go after birds. The La County Department of Public Health is investigating the debts of four house cats. They say it was from the raw milk, but you can get it. You can get it from a bunch of different places. Dogs seem to be less vulnerable than cats because they're tougher, and they should probably eat only thoroughly.
Speaker 2: Cooked foods as well. So just and stay away from the raw turkey and the second floor.
Speaker 4: New York Times had this massive article of how you want to sink your calendar with the solar system, where you've got vigils for Voyagers one and two. They even go through an entire calendar year and explain some of the upcoming space phenomenon that you want to keep it ion. In February, the Private Lander and the NASA orbiter could launch to thee to the Moon on the same rocket. Later that month, NASA's going to launch a sphere X mission to survey the sky. Mid March, the Moon will be eclipsed in much of the Western Hemisphere. Late March, the Sun will be partly eclipsed in areas of the US, Canada, and Europe. You can go through and sink all of these up, so you get the little tiny notifications on your phone every time one of these cool things is going to happen. Apparently not about how It's not about how Saturn is in retrograde, or it.
Speaker 1: Falls from second story windows most likely to kill or badly injure a.
Speaker 2: Cat, as opposed to it fall from a higher.
Speaker 1: Say, because cats are naturally curious, you have to put in good firm screens.
Speaker 4: Well, I am no longer in care of a cat, therefore I do not have to pay attention to that.
Speaker 2: It was before I had kids too. That's my excuse. You've been listening to the Gary and Shannon Show.
Speaker 4: You can always us live on KFI AM six forty nine am to one pm every Monday through Friday, and anytime on demand on the iHeartRadio ap