Speaker 1: All right. The following segment is brought to you by her Toto Barbecue locations in Mansfield, of course, there's one in there's one in Arlington, there's one in Fort Worth, and then there's two that are inside of globalife Field. There's now one in Dallas as well at the farmers Market. And it is off to an amazing start. People are so so excited to get her Totto barbecue in Dallas proper again the Dallas farmers Market. Go enjoy it. Any of those locations. If your mouth is anywhere near her Tato, go put that barbecue in your mouth. Thank us later. It's phenomenal. But right now it's time for this. Good listeners, Here comes KT fun tweets. We're around this.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 1: Let's go around the sports KG fun tweets as all the sports.
Speaker 2: Yeah, obviously, the top story in sports is golf returning to Florida for the Florida Swing. Nope, we have nine o'clock action right here on ninety seven point one the Eagle Tonight Golf, MAVs Lakers Pregam's eight thirty.
Speaker 1: It's uh yeah, Luca versus the MAVs. This is the play. Makes me feel sick.
Speaker 3: This is the place to get your local flavor because it's going to be a TNT. It's Tuesday night, it's gonna be a T and T game. So if you want to hear local broadcasting, Coop and demeris right here on ninety seven point one the Eagle.
Speaker 1: That's your best bet. Man. I'm really conflicted about all this. I think skin your approach is a healthy one. It's a smart, practical, intelligent way to look at it. I'm just still in the middle of my tantrum because I didn't I wouldn't have ever traded Luca, and I didn't never want him to be traded, and I thought we were gonna have him for the next decade. So I'm still upset about that. I know I can't change it, but it still hurts too much. I just need time to heal time. The Anthony Davis injury really makes it hard to move on to So as Luca just continues to play himself into better and better shape, find his rhythm, you are going to get a vengeance game. I would think tonight from Luca. Maybe I thought I thought he looked dynamite against the Nugs. He really looked good. The spicy nugs. I mean, I don't know if he's one hundred percent from the injury, he's back fully in shape, ready to go. I don't know, But I know that this is a guy who looks for somebody on the second row of a visiting arena or when he's going to you know, the visitors arena, who even gives him a dirty look, just something to inspire him or motive what you say to me, Okay, now I can take my game to that higher level. So he needs something, and a lot of greats have been that way. Michael Jordan was that way. He needs some sort of adversity, some conflict, Oh you doubt me, Oh you talk trash about me to take his game to the next level. In this case, getting traded from the Mavericks cost him one hundred and ten million dollars plus all the income tax he's got to pay now, which people are like, hey, why is he so sad? Like he seems so Yeah, he just lost one hundred and ten million dollars and he didn't want to go anywhere. But but how bad it sucks to move in February. But now you know, there was this thing where sources close to Luca indicate that this trade has a litle fire under him. Mm. And so now he's gonna go get in the best shape of his life, which is something we we wondered about. And if your Nico and the Mavericks, you're like, hey man, that's not fair, that's butterfly effect. Yeah, that wouldn't have happened. And we stayed on this trajectory because we were trying to get that to happen and it never happened. But now that this trade happened, you can't compare that pissed off Luca to the one we had.
Speaker 3: I think that I think that I don't know, it was just I would be shocked if they didn't ponder that that, hey, when we trade him, we're he's gonna go do everything we wanted from him. If that is really what it is, Like We're we're facing this off of reports and conversation and all this stuff. And so I would think, because like we were talking about that the night it happened, it's like, okay, well they're about to go get what you wanted, right, Like you're about to go motivate him to be everything, and you know what he can be, and you know how rare that talent is.
Speaker 1: So I have a couple questions.
Speaker 2: Hey, well, first of all, when it comes any reports about him, like working hard and all that stuff and the PCT, I think habits are developed over time, like and I think he's twenty five. And that's why I think the magage should have been more patient with that. Tonight specifically, there's a couple things. You know, Sunday, Nico was sitting in the crowd with Michael Finlay, and you know, watching the game, Luca knocks down a three. You know, maybe it's his second or third three point or whatever.
Speaker 1: Are we getting a.
Speaker 2: Little some MFN back and forth to Nico? You think that is a storyline? I think I wonder.
Speaker 1: About you think Nico is going to be visible? I mean it was an eyeshot. As a MAVs fan, I hope not. But for the story, I hope he is.
Speaker 2: If he's on the road trip and he normally does sit in the crowd, I think he will be in the crowd.
Speaker 1: Where would Nico normally sit.
Speaker 3: They usually provide seats for the GM and so it'd probably be you know, fifth row, somewhere visible to the players.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, So what do you think is gonna happen with that.
Speaker 3: I think he's gonna I think Nico's gonna stand up with his arms folded the whole time. He's gonna sit there and Luca's gonna dog cuz He's gonna stand up with his.
Speaker 1: Arms folded and he's gonna mean mug Luca. No, I don't know.
Speaker 3: That's a really good question, man. I actually, uh, what was the last game they played here? Is that the Pelicans Friday night?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Pelicans. Yeah.
Speaker 3: I turned around and you know, Nico was standing there and I hadn't seen him in person since the trade went down, and it kind of freaked me out a little bit. He's back at home games, Yeah, well where I saw him, but it was just I mean I just hadn't seen him at all. Yeah, you know, and that's part of the story, like you see him on the road. I mean, I knew he was in the building. I just personally hadn't seen him. So it was just kind of weird to see him in person because of everything that's happened, Like the man got death threats, and people were so upset that we knew that he got death threats that they started calling the Dallas Police Department to confirm whether or not he got I mean, that's how idiotic the whole story is, Like, it's insane. It is the craziest sports story of however many decades. The way it's impacting people, the entire league, I mean, the entire All Star weekend was about a trade that was two weeks old.
Speaker 1: Even still there's like the conspiracy theories. Yeah, okay, wait just on its own, there's no way this makes sense. So how did this happen? This is the league trying to the Allison's trade up so they can move the team to Vegas, and the league had to get a superstar in LA And you're like, wait what, My good buddy, I'm not gonna put his name on.
Speaker 3: Blast because he listens. Brett Lieber, My good buddy, Brett Lieber said, oh, you watch, the Lakers will be the two seed and the Maps will be the seven seed.
Speaker 1: This is what the league wants.
Speaker 2: Oh boy, there's a lot that has to happen there. That's a lot of controlling a lot of different teams. Yeah but yeah, all that, but that goes away if it's a fair trade, Like the trade is still lopsided, that that right, It brings about questions like that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and when you have new owners.
Speaker 2: It brought about the whole Vegas topic, which I don't think there's anything there, but you know, do.
Speaker 1: You know I can't throw something out there right quick. Yeah? You know what.
Speaker 3: The NBA has a history of new owners doing crazy things and partners foot in their mouth. Yeah, like it happens all the time. We just never think about it because we're not following the Sacramento Kings or we're not following the Grizzly you know what I'm saying. Like these new rich guy it's this new elite uber rich people that dominate other industries of life and they come in and real Famously, in the nineties, Frank Zach and Ellie the Mavericks were a real estate investment for Ross Pro Junior. He knew nothing about basketball. He wanted the He wanted the real estate and uptown, and so he had a real estate developer running the basketball operations. Because Keith Grant was like working for them for a week and said, uh uh, this is a joke.
Speaker 1: I'm out.
Speaker 3: So they let the real estate developer run the team, and so he traded a future Hall of Famer, the future seventy fifth greatest player of all time because the coach didn't like his fit in his offense, so the real estate developer traded him. And then the quote he gave the paper was, come on, man, it's not like this is brain surgery, or maybe he said rocket science.
Speaker 1: I can remember, and it's like, oh, it's not.
Speaker 3: And there was a really great article recently. Brad Townsend, who's been covering the Mavericks whatever still does, was talking about when Frank zach and Elly pulled him aside in the hall and said, we just traded Jason Kidd.
Speaker 1: And then he said, why do you have that look on your face?
Speaker 3: And he said, because you just told me you traded Jason Kidd and the real estate developer didn't get it. Like what I'm saying is I'm just saying the whole here's the thing. It's also like sometimes people are new to something and don't understand the ramifications of what's gonna happen.
Speaker 1: Now.
Speaker 3: I think all of us knew that it was gonna hurt, but I didn't think it would be as extreme as it the reaction as extreme as it was.
Speaker 1: I don't even think it's past tense. I think still on goal. Yeah, and there continues to be things that trigger it right when you're moving forward. Okay, eight is having a good oh my god, he's out for the year or whatever, he's out, like triggered new jump man ad on Instagram, triggered. I mean, all these things are triggering. Tonight will be incredibly triggering. So you're right, Kat, If Nico is with an ice shot of Luca, that's gonna be a whole nother delicious storyline tonight as Luca drops ninety four. Well, there's the other thing.
Speaker 2: Luca is having his way with the MAVs and he's getting buckets. Unlet's say there is there anyone on the team who he doesn't know very well.
Speaker 1: Who's got to step up and has to be an enforcer, who is going to.
Speaker 2: Look Luca is probably pretty hateable if you have to play against him. Yeah, we talked about this a million times, absolutely, like if he's doing some BS, who's gonna step up and be like nah, dude, Like, who's gonna foul him hard? I guess I guess it depends what kind of BS you're talking about. But I am interested to see what happens when Max Christy gets switched off on him. Yeah, like, yeah, what's that gonna be like because he doesn't have any ties.
Speaker 3: By the way, there's nobody on the Lakers that can cover anybody on the Mavericks, and nobody on the Mavericks that can really come. I mean, like PJ do a decent job against a couple guys, but it's gonna be one of those games, man, where just hit your shots. It could end up being like that Golden State Dallas game right before Christmas were remember both teams are just bombing threes at a prolific right.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm hoping for something like that. That'd be really fun. Well, was the other thing you were talking about the Nico and staring.
Speaker 2: Like any tension from Lucas. It can't just be all love anymore. That's my point of me. Even this is where I'm at. We have got to learn to not hate him or whatever. He's a Laker now and personally, I know there's a lot of MAVs fans. That's how Mike Goosey just put a poll ut Fox fors Mike Goosey, who you pulling for that MAVs Lakers? Lakers are winning that poll? I had so bunch of l seven wienie stuff right there. If you want the Lakers to win, you're a boob. Yeah, I can't. I can't pull for the Lakers.
Speaker 1: The Lakers, dude, it's the Lakers, Okay. I want I want Luca to have the greatest game, maybe in history, maybe one hundred and one points, but I want Kyrie to hit a buzzer beater. Yeah, win it. I'd love that. What I will be looking for is who does Luca give love to? And who does he not give love to? Does he give love to Kid or does he think Kid knew about it? Does he give love to Kyrie or does he think kind new he? Does he worry that anybody knew. I'll be watching all that. I think that's great viewing. I agree with you.
Speaker 3: I think anybody involved in this would be they need to take the mind if we can give love after the game. I hope that's what everybody takes into it. You know, I'm not saying like if the guy tries to dap, you ignore him, but like all the hugging and stuff, do that after the game, man, and I hope both teams take that into it.
Speaker 1: You know, you brought up a great point yesterday that Lebron is about to have his best game ever early in the last few years, because it does make a lot of sense that the MAVs may say, no matter what, we're not gonna let Luca beat.
Speaker 3: Us, right, and then it's just Lebron's going great, I'm running four on three, badass.
Speaker 1: So would that be Nico going to Kid and say I don't care who beats us, he doesn't beat us tonight, or like, how would that happen? Because is that even the right game plan if you just want to beat him? I think that's on I think that's on Kid and his staff. I really do, Like, what's the best way to win the game?
Speaker 3: I don't think you can take I mean, I'm not saying it's not going to happen, but I think it's super flowed to take a pr mindset in the game of like, well, we just can't have this happen because of our you know, I you know what I'm saying, Like, yeah, that's a good way to lose a game.
Speaker 1: Okay, So then do they do they hunt Luca? In other words, do they God, yes, they try to get Kyrie on Luca every chance.
Speaker 3: They every chance they get. And here's the problem for the Lakers. Like the Lakers are really bad defensive team. They're they're bad. Like, so Vanderbilt is a good defensive player. I'm sure, I don't know who, but he can't cover Kyrie Like they're gonna have to put Austin Reeves on Kyrie bro If not, it's.
Speaker 1: Luca right, But the Mavericks are missing three bigs. Yeah, I mean it's Dwight Pole back. No, I don't think so, tough man, God we need but this is super intriguing to me. This is uh the most highly anticipated regular season basketball game I can ever recall. Yeah, the Gody so far game of the year, Game of the year. I like that, Gody. Is that you did you a trademark that I haven't trademarked yet, Gotti. It's like in this course, all right, I'm gonna grab it in this commercial break, got all right coming up next. It's the only segment of the day that I don't be podcasted. You must listen live. The rest of our stuff. You can listen in one long it's not even that long. About an hour long podcast on the iHeart app, just one single serving podcast. Now search for benin Skin on the iHeart app. If you want to listen to our show without music, for instance, search benin Skin on the iHeart app and listen to the podcast one hour at a time. Full show in one hour coming up next to Today a Game