Speaker 1: You're listening to Bill Handle on demand from KFI AM six forty KFI AM six forty live everywhere on the iHeartRadio app. Hey everybody, it is the Bill Handle Morning Show. Wayne was having some tech problems, so I'm coming in. Look at this. Don't a plot? Come on, sit down, everybody. Jeez. He hero is a strong word, but I appreciate it. ConA knife, sayy, come on. Thanks. All right, I'll be with you until nine o'clock and we'll figure things out and hopefully everything gets back tomorrow. So I've always been kind of the person that says, politicians talk a lot, but do little. I know some of them try. That's not to say they're all bad. I'm not that guy either, but I will tell you very rarely do things affect us on our day to day lives. Now, the difference in that, one major difference in that is a Supreme Court. Okay, when presidents are appointing justices to the Supreme Court, as we've seen with Roe v. Wade, they can make decisions that affect that half the population in that particular case. But what about your taxes? When it comes to your taxes, there's two distinctive views when you start looking at the party in power, and then you have to look at not only a party in power that's in the White House, but you have to look at the House, the Senate and so on. Right, So, how is this going to affect us? Truly, we are not far and you can almost hear an audible ticking. We are not far from the election. Heard Amy talking this morning on wake up call about how she can't wait for it to be over because of every you we're bombarded everywhere. I've got stack of cardboard that come to my house every single day with someone telling me how great they are and now I should vote for them. So what really is at stake is possibly the taxes for a couple different reasons, one of which in twenty seventeen, we had some tax cuts that were put in place, and if depending on who gets in office, that might be a battle situation as to whether those are going to go away or they're going to stay. So in this particular upcoming election, who wins could be a big deal into how our taxes are going to affect us on an individual level in our homes. That really matters, not big you know, massive concepts like you know, climate change or things like that. I'm talking about day to day stuff and depending on which party cans the House, the Senate, and the White House. And I love this. We have three options. Taxes go up, taxes go down, or taxes stay the same. Yeah, like everything else in life, the price may go up, the price may go down, or it stays the same. A lot of money's evolved, and the most important money is your money, my money. That's what we're concerned about. Everyone's trying to predict what's going to happen, but there's so there's a couple of pieces that matter, and how those pieces land is gonna be huge as to what might happen. So the Republican victory, if Republicans win big, maybe they're going to keep those tax cuts I was talking about. They were put in place in twenty seventeen. They believe those helped the economy. You think they're going to change that. Probably not. They want to extend lower tax rates. They want to have some special deductions for small businesses, which would be great. God knows, California could use that kind of attitude. However, they may face challenges. Not only you think, oh well, from the other side. No, they can have challenges in their own party. We're seeing more now than ever, and it's happening to both parties. But really, really, in the GOP you have a fractured focus. Everyone says that they're all rallying, rallying around Trump, and a good number are in the whole MAGA movement, but belief in the specifics on how these things will iron out, especially things with taxes, could be much different. So they're gonna have to find a way to balance that budget. Democratic victory. I don't know if Democrats take control. We already know they're looking at a couple of things. They're gonna aim to help families. The thing that gets me, do you know what the demarcation is? They want to help families earning under four hundred thousand dollars, and the way they're gonna do that is keeping tax cuts for them. Four hundred thousand dollars we're talking about almost half a million dollars now becomes this this breaking point, that's how expensive it's getting to be just to live. So they take control, they be in the Democrats, they're going to try and help families. They're gonna want to help families earning under four hundred thousand dollars by keeping tax cuts for them. But they're very much focused on raising taxes on wealthier households. So wealthier households are four hundred thousand and one dollar a nickel. They could also push for more child tax credits, which I have a child, won't think it. But agreeing on a budget is going to be difficult as well. So you've got a divided possibility of a divided government, which puts us in a whole different category. So now if you have different parties that are controlling the White House Congress, it could be massive conflict. And why is that bigger in this particular election or this case Because you've got those tax deadlines approaching. There's a chance for both sides to find common ground fingers crossed. They've done that in past years. It is possible, but it could also get messy. And if nothing changes, if Congress doesn't act at all, many tax cuts from twenty seventeen will expire after after twenty twenty five, I think, is what it is. So that's gonna result in higher taxes for many households. So do we know what's gonna happen? No, And we're gonna have to. We're gonna have to see the pieces of the puzzle actually hit the tabletop before we're gonna know how that's gonna play out. But that's the real thing. That's the real thing that affects us immediately once someone gets into office, we shall see. Amy. Let me ask you a question. Yes you work here at iHeartRadio, Yes, I do? Or iHeartMedia, of which iHeartRadio is part of. Who's the CEO of iHeartMedia? Is it Pittman?
Speaker 2: Yes, Bob Pittman.
Speaker 1: Huh Heykno, who's the CEO of iHeartMedia?
Speaker 2: Mister Bob Pittman exact?
Speaker 1: You know? And that's from Kno. Kono knows who our CEO is as he doesn't even know how we got here. Oh, Amy, I'm glad you asked. I'm going to tell you this right now. Boar's head under under the microscope and in in the light in a way I never cared about before, to be honest with you, and it has to do with secrecy. I never knew there was some sort of Boarshead dynasty with all this sexy and titillating cheese may that is going on. So you go back in May of twenty twenty two. You have the chief financial officer of Boar's Head. Now we all know great meat processing company. We love their stuff. They're facing what should be a simple question. But during this legal proceeding, this person was asked who is the CEO of Boar's Head? And you know what his reply was, I'm not sure. How the hell can you have a company and not know who the CEO is. Everybody's eyebrows raise, especially since Bar's Head is like a massive player in the deli meat industry, right, like the massive player, earning about three billion dollars a year and employing thousands of people. But Boarshead is a privately owned company by two families, the Bronkhorsts Moubuy and the Bishkoffs. Yeh sound like wealthy people, don't they. Now they're very secretive. I never knew this. I'm the folk reporter and I didn't know this. I just like the meatss So they're super secretive. Tom Johnson is an industry expert. He noted that they are among the most secretive in the business. Ah, who would have known that? And it's been even more notable as the company has light shine on them. Why because if you remember in the summer of twenty twenty two, he had ten people die and a lot more that got sick from lasteria, that harmful bacteria we all know and love. Now they could in their cases they consumed liverwurst. It was made at a boars Head factory in Virginia. Now law enforcements still investigating, but we've talked about this on the forker Port many, many times, and even here on a foody Friday with Bill. The factory was shut down. They didn't even say, Okay, we're gonna clean it, We're gonna take care of whatever. There was so many different lists of issues, from non podable water to bugs to I think there were rodents all kinds like this is no joke. And I've been to Haffe the meat plant out in Vernon here and they were kind enough to invite me to come down, and I will tell you, and this is not hyperbole, you could eat off the floor. A proper fabricating factory of meat is gonna be one of the cleanest places you'll ever go. That's the way it should be. And I witnessed that with mine own e and I've been to a handful of them. So the fact that you have any of these things, one of those things would be a problem. So we all know about that story, right, They just shut it down. Not one family member has publicly addressed this the situation at all. As a matter of fact, there was an apology on their website and you know what was signed, sincerely Boor's head. Could you imagine that? No CEO. There's no head, there's no name on that, neither of the families the controlling parties. So who runs the company? Well, the daily operations are handled by Carlos Giraldo. He's the president. He was promoted in twenty twenty one. But in court testimony, in court testimony, rather, it was revealed that the final decisions don't come from him. They come from three family members, Bob Martin who's seventy four, his son Bob Junior, who's fifty, and their cousin Frank Bronkhorst, the third thanks, I mean that he's sixty one. Now the company's expanded, they continue to grow. Originally we're out of Brooklyn. If you don't know that, over fifteen years, family reported receiving around one point five billion in cash distributions, and there's been some infighting there's a family member who sued his cousins multiple times over company shares than that, so more each time someone sues, each time there's a problem, a little more comes to light. Back in May of two thousand and five, they Sell Or Bore His Head celebrated their one hundredth anniversary at the Waldorf Astoria Hotel in New York. Bob Martin one of the family members. He was kind of the star, real charming, wealthy guy. He presented the whole history of the company began with their horse drawn carriage selling deli meets all this stuff right, but ultimately everything keeps coming to light because of issues, new leadership, ongoing issues into the two thousands. With twenty twenty two, with the outbreak, you've got more increased scrutiny and focus. And still when they're hiring all these new food safety experts, which you think should be, you know, top of it, we're learning that we still don't know exactly who's pulling the strings. That's bizarre for an American company in twenty twenty four to not know who the CEO is. So maybe we're learning that there's more more messy, dirty stuff behind the scenes than just you know rodents or the possibility of rodents or non potable water. Stay tuned. We'll let you know what's going on the days of our borehead. Can we control the weather? I'll pause for people to go what People are becoming more and more interested in trying to control the weather. Obviously it would be a huge deal to be able to control the weather. Hurricanes are just too powerful to manage. That's the reality. However, you're saying, Neil, I know that's the reality. Bro Right, I got a seven year old boy. Right. Recently, you've got meteor meteorologists warned people about approaching hurricanes. Right, there's still some strange conspiracy theories that are spreading, because that's what we do now. We actually have evolved from them. You look back at the stupid things they believed, you know, like the sun revolved around on the Earth and all those things, right, and we, oh, my god, they're so stupid. How can they believe that? There's those stupid And then we got smarter, grew in technology and wisdom, and apparently it's an ebb and floating. We're going back to me those stupid you know. It reminds me of someone posted a screenshot of the Flat Earth Society's website that says we have you know, millions of or hundreds of thousands of member on every corner or whatever, every corner of the globe or something like that. Well, what's a globe if you're a flat earther? Any who, we believe weird things sometimes, and these conspiracies get out of hand. Some messages claim that meteorologists were working with a government to create hurricanes and aim them at specific places. Why, because now the weather is political, the government could say move a hurricane here. And this idea gained a lot of traction after Hurricane Helene as the hurricane as Hurricane Milton was approaching, and then leading to wild all kinds of accusations that storms were being used as weather weapons against certain political groups. So you know where my brain goes. My brain goes down to different parts. And I started thinking like, well, wasn't that, isn't that like parts of like didn't that happen like in movies? Right? Haven't we seen that movie? And then I looked it up. Listen to this. I know this is a total rabbit trail, but I'm sorry. I am filling in for Bill doctor Franklin. Anybody remember him epic three part series of the six mini dollar Man slash Bionic Woman crossover called kill Oscar. He was a guy who controlled I think he's the one with the fembots. He was the one who who wanted to control the weather. Nicholas Demente from Get Smart Again wanted to control the weather galaxy. It was a James Bond parody. There was a guy wanted to control the weather. And it goes on and on and on throughout movie and television history that there are people that wanted to control the weather. So it has gone through total hilarity. Next, we're gonna we're gonna say, like grew from Despicable Me, that someone's gonna try and steal the moon. Don't steal the moon. I got the moon. I got the moon. Be uh So, despite all these theories, by the way, if you don't know the conclusion of where I'm going here, zero roof meteorologists or government officials or anyone can control hurricanes in any way. Hurricanes are massive, they're huge storms. Humans cannot direct or influence. Now here's the problem, And this is how bad information gets out. And I said this millions and millions of times. There's a difference between good sound reasoning and reasons that sound good. So reasons that sound good can have little bits and pieces that are true enough to make you go, oh maybe, so so where does that come from? Can we actually mess with the weather? Sort of? Scientists have experimented for a long time the ways to change the weather. This one you may have heard of cloud seating. Have you ever heard of cloud seating where they actually put a substance in clouds to produce rain. So they it's like jiggling the cloud atually, you're doing something to make the water heavier and to drop out of the cloud, because that's how real rain works. So why we drowsed this says, And well, see that's the thing. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't, and it's not it's not a precise science at this point, but they have pride. So that's to say science is looking at ways to do that, to make it. You know, I think they should show Cloud's toy story three that does it for me, or the notebook and then yeah, there'll be plenty of rain. Dudes are like no books not said it's lame. It was it was in the little time all right, So scientists are messing one of these things. There's also some scientists that also proposed other ideas like reflecting sunlight, like to cool the earth, like that one weird neighbor who has like foil or those mirrored windows, and you think, well, yeah, I guess that would work. You're keeping the heat out. It's bouncing back, right, But they want to do that with the world. So the entire planet is going to look a little I don't know, ghetto culture, not the you know it's like, and that's not towards a specific group. I just mean that there's every group has ghetto culture. That's the I'm sorry, that's the reality. You can go and find anybody anywhere on the planet and there is a ghetto culture to that whoever that culture is. So, but hurricanes, you're not going to do it. It's like trying to knock the earth off the access with all of us jumping at the same time, or at least one hemisphere, right, So it creating hurricanes is impossible. Even cloud seating, if you think about it, you have to have clouds, so you're not even controlling the weather. You have to have clouds first, and then you're trying to manipulate the clouds that are there. So all these different things that we've even messed around with, we haven't been able to make happen, even in the simple way. So if you've got a cousin, uncle, neighbor who's calling you and telling you about the big conspiracy about the government making storms in certain areas, it's not true. Anyways. Happy to round things out today as we hand things over to Gary and Shannon shortly, So go nowhere. All right, this is meatless Monday. Let's do it.
Speaker 2: Your feet till you hand.
Speaker 3: You not mean to eat your mind needs?
Speaker 1: I got you coloring the baby on my needs anyway, you're my meat is for meatless mondays.
Speaker 3: That's just how about it's just another meat less Monday. Oh I wish it was auday.
Speaker 2: Oh probaly shouldn't sing.
Speaker 1: I probably shouldn't sing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, needless Monday's up.
Speaker 1: All right, let's do this. The Vegan Society applauds the removal of veganism from the NHS's Prevent Prevent training. So here's the thing. There are some animal activists out there that do bad things, but it doesn't mean that all vegans are. So the Vegan Society is happy to announce that veganism has been removed from certain training materials. It follows the efforts by the International Rights Network and doctor Jeannette Rowley, an legal expert on human rights. So this takes place in part in UK and the government strategy to identify people that are going to be a problem, right, that are going to be at the risk of radicalization, and anybody can I mean any group. You can have radical Christians, Muslims, are there, radical Jews? Yeah, what's the radical do you look like? Oh? You mean just maybe like Israeli who like Oh, okay, I don't know. But you can have radicals in any group. And yes, you can have radical vegans that are so focused when it comes to animal rights that they care less about human rights. And that means you. So there has been some radical behavior, some extremist behavior, but now they're taking that down. They've even been accused of some extreme not only extremeism, but terrorism. So looking back at this and in its modern time and the activities they're backing off, vegans and those considered considering veganism, they say have been unfairly targeted. I don't know about that. In the early days. There might have been some some issues, but they have the counter terrorism measures and they say stop doing that. We just care about animals, even though there has been some sabotage and things like that in the past. But good on them, all right. Second story on Meatless Monday, here's a guy and I have feeling. I got little feels about this one guy who has a disagreement with his wife wife's vegetarian diet. Now, vegans would say vegetarians are hacks. It's like pick a side, right, So the guy goes He received all this support online because he shared his difficulty with his wife's strict vegetarian diet, which is fine, but she insists that everyone in the whole family has to live by it. Now, I suppose if you're a parent, you could dictate what your kids are gonna eat. I get that, but your spouse. So he shares his post and back in August and it has over fourteenth up votes. People started this big discussion about food choices and compromise in marriage, which you have to have. So this thirty eight year old man explained that his thirty five year old wife had you know, her desired food choices, and she converted to a new religion, and that's going to be cause pressure itself, which requires her to stop eating meat, trying to think vegetarian diet. There's a couple out there, but the whole family, including their two young sons. And I'm not a fan of putting kids on these certain types of diets. I think that they're especially when they're young, there can be issues. You really have to manage it in a particular way, otherwise I think it could be quite damaging. I know people are like, oh, it's the best thing in the world. Well no, no, not necessarily. You can have an unhealthy vegan diet, a vegetarian diet, meat diet, omnivore diet, all of them. You could do it in an unhelpful way. So along with not eating meat, his wife now doesn't want to be around it. So in her home she says, swap pork for jackfruit, which is pretty tasty, and eggs for plant based substitutes. Okay, so she's not even really a vegetarian per se because she's not eating eggs either, And vegetarians could tell them ov ovo something vegetarians so use plat based substitutes. And he's just saying it's causing this massive problem, and that he's drawing a line in the sand. And so he he goes ahead and eats meat when she's gone. But see, there's a saying that if you demand someone to change, you're really demanding them to lie to you because they are who they are. Right, So in any relationship, yes, there's going to be compromised. But when the compromises do what I say, there's a problem. I mean, this isn't smoking or something you know, or drinking something detrimental. Inherently, this is food that you're eating, your choice. So what brings you joy? So any who, all I'm saying probably a whole family needs to go to therapy. Cool betterhelp dot com use code neil anii l for ten percent off your first month. Got that in? All right? Stick around for Gary and Shannon coming up, Neil sevagra in for Bill Handle today and stick around go nowhere. This is KFI and KOSTHD to a Los Angeles, Orange County you've been listening to the Bill Handle Show. Catch my show Monday through Friday six am to nine am, and anytime on demand on the iHeartRadio app.