Speaker 1: Ah.
Speaker 2: Yes, it's the world famous Ben and Skin Show coming to you line from Rollertown Beer Works in Salina, Texas, a brewer we're invested in. This is a big weekend for Rollertown, the biggest weekend of the year. It's the super Bowl for Rollertown because every year around this time we release our Japanese rice Lagger House of war Lords, and to do that, we celebrate Japanese culture.
Speaker 3: And to do that, we.
Speaker 2: Hooked up at the Dallas Sumo Club and we put on a sumo tournament every weekend.
Speaker 3: It's absolutely free. It is real sumo wrestlers.
Speaker 2: So come join us, Come check it out in Selina tonight. We're gonna draft the teams. It'll be my team versus your team, right yeah? Or are we East and West? I don't even know anymore.
Speaker 3: What do you mean you want to be East and let me be West? Or what do you mean?
Speaker 4: I mean?
Speaker 3: I'm definitely East.
Speaker 2: I mean I'm gonna draft my team, and my team's gonna kick your team's ass, just like it does every year. I'm gonna try to draft my team in a way that it purposely loses. You know, there's different weight classes, there's men, there's women. The whole art of the draft is something that you know I've mastered. And I'll give you my eleven week sumo drafting course if you'd like next year.
Speaker 3: But this year I'm gonna put my throat on your neck. What percentage of your fantasy leagues have you won?
Speaker 4: Uh?
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's fair question. Let's not. We don't have time because I need to read that book. We have a time to do a deep dot.
Speaker 2: I am the reigning baseball champion of the Nolan Ryane Cup.
Speaker 3: Is right, I'll have you know how many of those do you have you racked up?
Speaker 2: If you we are in Solina or super Glad you're here with us, Man, I just had some Mueller Wago. It is so unbelievably tasty, so very very good. Uh So they're serving up food here. The sumo wrestlers are in the house. Are getting loose. Uh they're out there practicing and stuff loose? Do they get really pretty loose? The tent is set up, they're drinking beer. They got the mawashe's on right, Yep, that what they're called. And so they're they're ready for a big tournament. It's gonna be awesome, But right now it's time for this.
Speaker 1: He's interrational, quick trigger, nuclear overreactor. He's a masterful storyteller who consistently finds himself drowning in a sea of awkward. It's time for no trundin in Ben.
Speaker 2: So, I'm to the point now with my kids where I don't like being a parent. Yeah, you know, I never liked being a parent. I mean, we had one really good one who made it easy. But now he's at college and it's like, oh, yeah, these are the other ones.
Speaker 4: Don't you know that when you when you hit the mountaintop, that's when you call it quits. All right, you guys kept cranking out kids.
Speaker 2: I know what happened is our middle son was not like super affectionate and.
Speaker 4: Huggy, uh huh, And so Dot said, this one's getting too big to cuddle.
Speaker 2: Exactly, and so we're like, let's have one more. Anyways, We're so glad we did. And we got three awesome kids. And my youngest is fourteen. I got two older boys and a younger daughter. She's fourteen, and it's really cool because she loves basketball, uh huh. The thing she's most passionate about is the thing I'm most passionate about. Like, we both are in love with the game of basketball, but I can't talk to her about it. Why because she wants to know a part of it. She knows that you don't really talk hoop that good. She will come watch me play in my basketball games, and she'll come with me, she'll spend time with me in the gym and stuff. But I can't talk to her about anything why because it's one word answers, why is your day good?
Speaker 3: Why are you yelling at her so much?
Speaker 1: Not?
Speaker 3: And I just can't talk to her about it. There's nothing. And so anyways, it's a weird dynamic.
Speaker 2: She you know, she's pretty much always in a little bit of a bad mood yep around her parents and really short answers and just like in and out of the door, and we're just kind of in the way. She feels like, you guys don't offer that much. Yeah, she definitely feels like we don't offer that much. But I am not concerned by this. I'm not going to be threatened by this because I don't care about being my kids friends.
Speaker 3: Uh huh. I don't I want a mission to be their best friend.
Speaker 2: Because I want to be the adult. I want to have, you know, some discipline. I want to have some actual supervision. And so there are parents in the mix here around in these social circles who say yes to every damn thing, right, like we're going to deep out them Saturday night.
Speaker 3: I'm like, what why?
Speaker 4: It depends on what the show is. Are they going to LCD sound system?
Speaker 3: And I'm just like, dude, no, that's not cool.
Speaker 2: And so some kids I see this all the time driving through my neighborhood.
Speaker 3: Oh, by the way, is Grace fourteen? Now, yeah, she's fourteen, Okay.
Speaker 2: And so we had a golf cart for a while, and it was fun because it's kind of a golf cart community. You can drive your golf cart around and my wife would take the kids to school and the golf cart and that's a pretty cool thing. And so you make a little trips around the neighborhood. Then once they all wanted to drive it, it got real scary, yeah, because you could flip.
Speaker 3: Them really easily, super easy. And the boy, they just take turns real fast.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and they're not you know, they're out there driving and speed limits that are like forty five yeah, and a golf cart and it's not even legal other thing, and so are they rock and see, because you had that really expensive Oklahoma state golf cart. So I got rid of that. I got rid of that golf cart. When she started begging to drive it all the time. My wife was not putting up a strong resistance. I was like, let's remove this from the question. So, something I've been noticing around the neighborhood lately is tiny kids riding electric motor scooters.
Speaker 3: Okay, okay, yep, And I'm not cool with it.
Speaker 2: And I mean, if it's a bike, there's something about the like a kid could go one speed on a bike, but if they're doing it on an electric scooter, it's just more dangerous, I think, because you're not aware of the energy it takes to go fast or whatever. And so I'll be driving around and I'll see kids cross right in front of cars without ever looking.
Speaker 3: Right because they don't they're tiny kids.
Speaker 2: Yeah, kids are dumb, and they're driving these like little electric motorcycles now.
Speaker 3: And so she wants one.
Speaker 2: I'm like, no, hell no, And so the thing is morphed into her asking can I ride my friends? They only go twenty miles per hour. And I'm saying, no, am I overreacting?
Speaker 4: When does she turn fifteen December? Okay, so she's basically a year and a half away from dry.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but keep in mind, like Max, my oldest pass is driving tests the first time, like he had a conversation with the instructor like, wow, would you.
Speaker 3: Like to teach here? Yeah?
Speaker 2: The second My young my middle child had to take his driver's test seventeen times. She's going to beat his record?
Speaker 3: Right?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 3: Really? I think maybe not? And it was weird for us. Maya didn't even learn to drive till she was eighteen.
Speaker 4: She just like didn't even didn't even care. I bet that was maybe pandemic related to you know, I think at the size she is, in the age she is, I think it's probably fine.
Speaker 2: Riding a motor scooter around light farms and forty five mile per hour speed limits.
Speaker 4: If it's what I think it is, It's kind of like, is it one of those things like a skateboard with a handlebar coming out?
Speaker 3: Okay? What is it?
Speaker 2: Looks like a cross between a bike and a motorcycle. Oh so, like I think it'll go forty Okay, I don't know the one she's particularly pushing it. I guess maybe it looks more like a bike than a motorcycle, but it's not a scooter.
Speaker 3: Like Okay, so she's not listening right now, right, I don't. I don't think she wants to have anything to do with my voice.
Speaker 4: So it's basically what you and Alvarez used to drive over to my house from Apollo Junior, all the way across richards and at the same age.
Speaker 3: Yes, okay, I mean I don't know.
Speaker 2: Okay, dude, one, No, that's not it. Those are those are like little scooters. These these look like more like motorcycles, all right, And you know, I just feel like, yeah, I'm the bad guy.
Speaker 3: Now have you seen her drive it? If she has a head injury, is in a coma, I'm like, I'll be I will regret not being the bad guy. No, I know. Let's carry this over. Okay, let's carry this over.