Speaker 1: Welcome to Wednesday's Hero. Today's hero is Richard Pittman, Lance Corporal, US Marine Corps. Name of the story is moving from rear to front. Richard Pittman was fifteen years old when he heard John F. Kennedy's ask not what your country can do for you speech and decided he would do something for his country when he got out of school. After graduation and high school in nineteen sixty three, he tried to enlist in the Army, the Navy, and the Air Force, but was turned down by each because he was legally blind in one eye. However, he managed to get accepted by the Marine Reserves. Then, at one meeting during his Marine recruiting training, an officer asked him, anyone present want to go active duty right now? Pittman immediately raised his hand. In the spring of nineteen sixty six, Lance Corporal Pittman went to Vietnam as part of the fifth Marines. By Midsummer, his unit was involved in a search and destory operations in northern part of South Vietnam, near the DMZ, which separated the south from the north. On July twenty fourth, Pittman was at the rear of his company's column near the DMZ when heavy gunfire erupted. His company had been ambushed by elements of the North Vietnamese Army in one of its first major incursions into South Vietnam. As Pittman and a Navy corman started forward, he almost colliding with the marine standing in the trail holding an M sixty machine gun. Pittman said, you going to use that weapon? The marine stared back blankly. Pittman grabbed the gun, several belts of ammunition, and moved towards the heaviest of the fighting. He was surprised by a number of dead and wounded Marines littering both sides of the trail.
Speaker 2: When his helmet was shot off, he hit the dirt.
Speaker 1: He saw the corpsman get up and tried to get to the wounded man, but he was hit and went down also. As Pittman continued on, he quickly destroyed two positions that shot at him, then standing up, cradling the machine gun in the crook of his arm and firing as he went. Pittman moved to the head of the column, where the North Vietnamese regulars were rushing his beleaguered comrades.
Speaker 2: As he reached the position.
Speaker 1: Where the leading marine had fallen. He was suddenly attacked by thirty to forty of the enemy. He calmly established a position in the middle of the trail, and with bullets whizzing past his head, he raked the advancing.
Speaker 2: Enemy with still the stading machine gun fire.
Speaker 1: He continued firing until he felt a concussion on his side. At first he thought he had been wounded, but his gun had been struck by an enemy fire and disabled. He dropped it, picked up an AK forty seven from one of the enemy soldier and he started wailing away, and he continued to fire until he ran out of ammunition. Next, he picked up a forty five pistol left by a fallen marine, and he used it to kill two more of the enemy soldiers as.
Speaker 2: They were almost on top of him.
Speaker 1: Finally out of ammunition altogether, he threw his only grenade. The remaining North Vietnamese retreated. Back at his own lines, he discovered that two thirds of his company had been killed or wounded in the intense engagement. Richard Pittman was discharged from the Marines in nineteen sixty eight, who went back home to Stockton, California, looking for work. When he learned that he was going to receive the Medal of Honor, It was presented to him by President Lyndon Johnson at the White House ceremony May fourteenth, nineteen sixty eight. Pittman re enlisted the Marines in nineteen seventy and retired for good in nineteen eighty eight, having served for a total of twenty one years.
Speaker 2: Today's Hero is Richard.
Speaker 1: Pittman born May twenty sixth, nineteen forty five, in French Camp, California. He died October thirteenth, twenty sixteen, in Stockton, California. Name of the story is moving from rear to front gets me every time.
Speaker 3: Well done, TONI and Wednesday's Hero.
Speaker 1: That first part where he looks at the marine and says, hey, you go, you're gonna use that. The Marines like you can have it. He takes it and goes up the path. And then you think of these movies you see where there's marines littered on the path as he's moving forward, right, and he goes and they're all laying there and as he's fighting, he just and that's the that's one of the reoccurring motifs of all these stories. Is that you know, once they're finished with whatever they have in AMMO, they just keep picking up the weapons of people that are dead. Whether it's the enemy's rifle or your rifle, you pick up and keep moving. It's just an amazing story. And the fact that he's like, eh, we went back to Stockton, California, needed a job. So especially the other day World War Two VET just said, you know or Vietnam Vet said they both were there and said, in World War Two you had to get on a boat and it took three weeks to get back to write home. Right, and you had you were with other guys, you talked about your experiences. You got to to to kind of level off. Right. The Vietnam guys they got on, Hey, you're out, And in twenty four hours they were standing on a street corner in San Francisco twenty four hours later, and they didn't know.
Speaker 2: That.
Speaker 1: Me. Did you hear that?
Speaker 3: I didn't hear anything in me. I didn't hear anything, Rick, did you hear anything?
Speaker 4: They saved time, But if you.
Speaker 2: Hear in here, damn it.
Speaker 1: We were gonna say, you know, I.
Speaker 3: Think you're having a stroke. I think you're having a stroke. Me Rick and I we don't hear anything.
Speaker 4: Yeah, all of my buttons are off.
Speaker 1: So if you're hearing it sound like it sounds like computer my new sound of stroke sign.
Speaker 3: Hey, if you hear a computer noise, be called number seven at five four, get hugs from Rick.
Speaker 1: Rick, find that disdained history or something like that. Find me some music that What the hell is National Geographic? Find me the National Geographic? Find me that one, find me that one, and start playing graphic music.
Speaker 3: Okay, yeah, yeah, yeah yeah right.
Speaker 1: Are you older or younger than National Geographic?
Speaker 2: Greek?
Speaker 4: Well, how is I'm younger?
Speaker 3: How does national listen hear?
Speaker 1: Uh? I'm going to say National Geographic is way way older. How old is National Geographic?
Speaker 4: All right?
Speaker 3: You know it was eight yeah.
Speaker 1: One hundred and thirty seven. So I don't think you're there yet.
Speaker 3: So it's a tie.
Speaker 1: It's a tie. Yeah, it's close. It's a push push okay.
Speaker 3: So here, here's a story. Here's part of a story. They'll come up.
Speaker 1: Okay, I hear it.
Speaker 3: Will you hear what?
Speaker 1: Okay, I'm turning everything down.
Speaker 2: It's not me.
Speaker 1: Okay, go ahead, you have this this day.
Speaker 3: I have this day in history. So let's go ahead and get going.
Speaker 1: But today Rick, today, Okay, it's Wednesday and ten twelve, it's here, it is I think. Okay, have you been drinking today?
Speaker 5: Okay, now where the goment from?
Speaker 2: Man?
Speaker 1: Okay, someone confirmed to me that they're hearing computers. Okay, what the hell is this?
Speaker 4: Well, this is not gonna work. This is mom for the suns.
Speaker 1: That's not okay, John saying he's hearing it too.
Speaker 3: I'll do it dry. No, unlike Rick.
Speaker 1: Drinking this morning, Rick is a confident silver Okay.
Speaker 3: Hey, uh hey, rig go ahead and take your time searching for there.
Speaker 1: I'm we're just on live radio.
Speaker 3: Hey, Tony, Yeah, I mean the guys obviously drinking again because you can just tell, you know.
Speaker 1: And they asked us, they said, look, if Rick starts to drink again, they need to know exactly.
Speaker 2: I wanted to.
Speaker 3: I wanted to smoke one last cigarette before we came in on the air. But I saw him in the parking garage. Alcohol was so strong I thought I'd explode.
Speaker 1: If they say, here's the funny thing, they say, you can't smell all you.
Speaker 3: Can smell it on Rick.
Speaker 1: Let's go back and talk to Rick.
Speaker 3: Hey, Rick doing a good job. I take your time on that, dude, because.
Speaker 2: Yeah, thing then.
Speaker 4: I'm still working on about okay, what everything?
Speaker 1: I don't.
Speaker 5: Know?
Speaker 1: All right, let's start off this day history.
Speaker 3: All right, it was this day, nineteen forty three, April sixteenth. All this is the wreck.
Speaker 4: There we go, I get it sooner or later.
Speaker 3: Oh wait a minute, we're out of time. Right, let's take a break. It was today, April sixteenth, nineteen forty three. A Swiss chemist by the name of Albert Hoffman, unintentionally.
Speaker 1: He's good, took the first LSD trip.
Speaker 3: Really, the first LSD trip happened today in nineteen forty three. Here's what happened.
Speaker 1: Jim Morrison said, I will take that. Thank you. For four days in a row.
Speaker 3: Albert Hoffman unintentionally discovered the hallucinogenic qualities of LSD. LSD. He created the compound in his laboratory, but a small quantity accident seeped through on his skin and his finger, yeah, causing him to take a trip.
Speaker 1: I'm not going to say that I might have an experience with that.
Speaker 3: Hey uh, hey, professor Hobbman, where did you put the McKinley file. It's over there next to that Polka Dot and elephant what.
Speaker 1: The CIA did a lot of those early nineteen seventies. They believed the tap into the real power of the mind was through LSD. They failed miserably, but people volunteered for those programs. Yeah you're like, yeah, yeah, I'll do acid for one hundred days in a row.
Speaker 3: And helped Jim Morrison outcause he came up with great lyrics like Indians bleeding on the downs Highway red and a lot we want a song about a picnic, Jim. It was today April sixteen, nineteen forty seven, the zoom lens was first demonstrated. What year nineteen forty seven?
Speaker 1: Wow, then zoom lens until forty seven.
Speaker 3: This is right up your alley. It was today. In nineteen seventy two, Apollo sixteen blasted off on a voyage, Yeah to the moon.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Apollo sixteen. That is one of the last ones. I think sixteen is when they took a car.
Speaker 3: Did you see where all the ladies went up on Amazon rocketers.
Speaker 1: It seemed pretty silly to me.
Speaker 3: It was all lady crew. You know, you can tell how the right blinker was on on this rocket all the entire time.
Speaker 1: Uh. It looks ridiculous. I mean it was they how selfies the entire time, look out the window.
Speaker 3: I wonder how many times during the rocket ship they were going, are we there yet? Are we there yet? They were Are you sure you know where you're going?
Speaker 1: Right?
Speaker 3: Do you really know where you're going?
Speaker 1: Is this gonna tell? It?
Speaker 3: Look like you think?
Speaker 1: When are we going to get there?
Speaker 3: It was today. In nineteen seventy two, the two giant pandas ling ling and sing, sing yeah, arrived in the USA from China. They were gifts to Richard Nixon from his recent visits.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, Nixon. Only Nixon can go to China.
Speaker 3: Here's two pandas. Hey. To express our gratitude, we'd like to give you this giraffe.
Speaker 1: You are a panda. You understand that I am a animal world you are a panda.
Speaker 3: Oh I am a fan like I just like fall over.
Speaker 1: They're so crazy that they roll wherever they go. They're like, I don't feel like walking, so all they do is roll head over heels and they get there. They just lay there for a minute and start eating what I'm drinking.
Speaker 3: I'm definitely a panda because all I do is eat stuff and roll around in my fat.
Speaker 1: They were trying to give the food and they were poking the panda in the back of the food, and he's it's like watching Dwight and he's laying there and he kept just hitting the guy's hand like give me alone, and he was like bang bang. But when the panda realized it was a carrot, he starts preaching for it, and he's like, but he won't, he won't roll over. He's just like, give me the carrot, Give me the carrot, Give me the carrot. And he finally gets it and slowly goes.
Speaker 3: Can't you chew it for me? Sometimes? Why my wife baby birds me?
Speaker 1: I watch Kung Fu Panda, which, by the way, that trilogy is rated as one of the greatest trilogies of all time. The Kung Fu Panda trilogy, you are put leave the weapon of you are Jack Black's panda. Watched the series and you go, oh my god, it's me to a t it's you.
Speaker 3: It was today April sixteenth, nineteen eighty three, that Emi Records began producing Yeah CDs, otherwise known as compact disc Back then, when the CDs debuted, the shelf price was twelve dollars. Yeah, I just looked up a CD on Amazon. Well, I was in there, Pink Floyd CD. How much do you think it is? Twelve dollars?
Speaker 1: Yeah, twelve dollars.
Speaker 3: But I did the I did the what do you call the inflation calculator? Twelve dollars in nineteen eighty three value today, let's take a poke at it, Tony.
Speaker 1: Oh, I don't know.
Speaker 3: Seventeen dollars rick twenty bucks, twenty six fifty three.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's quite something, all right. Yeah, I remember radio stations. I wasn't radio yet eighty three, eighty forty five. They were advertising their like this next song is played off laser disc. The clarity of a laser disc.
Speaker 3: Remember when they told us not to smoke in the KMF studio because he screwed the CDs? Yeah, okay, well we still smoked anyway. It was today in two thousand and seven. I'd forgotten about this, and shame on me for it. The Virginia tech Masker took place so far as the deadliest mass shooting in modern American history. The gunman killed thirty two people and twenty three people were injured before he committed suicide. Piece of track what year was that? Two thousand and seven?
Speaker 2: Wow?
Speaker 3: It was today? In twenty thirteen and to an envelope addressed to Senator Roger Wicker tested positive for rising, potentially a fatal poison. Also was sent to Barack Obama in a judge He later pleaded guilty with sentenced to twenty four years in prison.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I don't know what they're trying to recall. It's there because I'm a nobody and I don't answer. I don't open my own mail. What are you doing?
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 1: But most of it, if you read it, you know what it is. Tear it in half, throw it in the recycling, right, No, I know this is an auto auto insurance whatever. Tear it in half, throw it in the recycling.
Speaker 3: Let me ask you a question. When somebody gives you a birthday card, how long do you sit there and make pretend that you're reading it in front of them?
Speaker 1: How are many words there.
Speaker 3: Are that dictates it? If they write stuff, you gotta kind of make face your expressions where you go and go.
Speaker 1: But be careful because here's the deal. For years, I didn't realize that if you glance down, if you're talking to a girl, and you just because it's involuntary. It's not our fault.
Speaker 3: They're magnets.
Speaker 1: They're magnets, so you just it's the one second you think. For years, I thought I did a boot boom back up, No you can't. And they know I didn't realize that. Yeah, they till like a couple of years ago called boob dar it is and you don't know how fast. The same thing is with the money and the car. So when you open it, you can't do the side eye too? Is it two fifties?
Speaker 3: No, you got it. Listen, you never count your money while you're sitting.
Speaker 1: At the table. Just yeah, let me write that down.
Speaker 3: Let's do let's do one more and we'll get out of here. It was today. In twenty eighteen, Kendrick Lamar became the first rapper and non classical or jazz musician to win the Pulitzer Prize for his album Damn. It was a tribute album to the great Florida Evans record.
Speaker 1: Damn, Damn, Damn. That's the wrong Florida Evans, Damn Damn Damn.
Speaker 3: Then you got the Jack bid and that's this day in history. Who do we Yeah, we.
Speaker 1: Have Elan and Edland five nine twenty eight hundred man houses. I don't even know. Seriously, it's like five days. Most of these houses are for sale. Whatever price you put on it, you're gonna get it. Pay one percent commission rate. Five nine nine twenty eight hundred. Why are you laughing over there?
Speaker 3: Because our dear friend from Honor Flies, Jeff Toki, says, are you guys on drugs or ding dong?
Speaker 1: I would like ding dongs. Jeff, come on down and bring to ding dong. Why can't it be both, Jeff, ja, that's exactly right. The drugs and the ding dong sounds like a damn good Wednesday. Elin and Edland eight hundred are going to land dot com. But MAP security. After you sell your house, you get to a new house, you want to get MAP security. The drug addicts, the thieves, they're getting more bold. I don't care what neighborhood you're in.
Speaker 3: Let's just do it. Make believe scenario.
Speaker 1: Go.
Speaker 3: Let's pretend that lmpd's three hundred officers down.
Speaker 1: Let's pretend that just pretend and they don't have the officers. Uh, they just continue to break into houses around my head where fifteen years ago it didn't exist. It did not exist. Stop sticking your head in the sand. You need a security system that has the quickest way to the popo and the fire and the EMS. The popo know their name all right, so they you want that quick. So maps, like you're reading the Maps, Maps, Map Security, Ormaps, residential dot Com, get ahold of them. They'll throw in an Alexa device right that's connected to your security system, so she will help you get the popo in the EMS and the fire all that to your house quicker and they'll take care of it. Look, I'm telling you it is a new day and age. I've never thought i'd see it. No fear mongering. You could take your fear mongering and put it where you want it. You need a security system on your home, or what you can do is go order one on Amazon and put it on yourself. Don't do that, dude, seriously. Maps, Residential dot Com back after this on news radio w h S. We got it yesterday. I believe we beat Gus.
Speaker 3: Yes we did.
Speaker 2: We beat us.
Speaker 3: Even though he tried, he tried to be a saboteur.
Speaker 1: Rick. He is no sabatour, no good enough for us.
Speaker 6: I have to tell you about today's reeling guys, this was an interesting year for me. I was a top forty DJ, and I was in between women.
Speaker 1: Well, let's make it about you. Let's make it about you for sure. But hey, what do you mean you were in between women? Were you divorced or was it a marriage or was just you were shacking up?
Speaker 4: No, this is way before I got married.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so you were just shacking up with these lonely women?
Speaker 4: Hey man, pretty much?
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's just.
Speaker 4: Dump one and I picked up the new one.
Speaker 3: So his preacher might be listening.
Speaker 1: But it was easy to move in and out there. What year are you talking about?
Speaker 4: I'm not gonna tell you, all right, No, no, no, no almost thoughts.
Speaker 3: We were so close, but Rick out smart of this, all right, Rick, Here we go, reeling into the years.
Speaker 4: Baby, Okay, here's song number one, number one.
Speaker 3: Oh, we're definitely in the seventies. I can see a fish boat with a bunch of car keys in it. Look at me roller skate with my satin shorts on. Look how short they are.
Speaker 1: It really was. The boomers were just they were just a lost generation. They couldn't forget what kind of music.
Speaker 3: Did At least their ourt fists.
Speaker 1: Look, I mean, geez, they couldn't forget what kind of music it's kept changing.
Speaker 3: Hey, mister Anderson, what are you wearing. It's called a polyester pantsuit.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's one big yeah.
Speaker 1: Pull it out in the hampa. Yeah, no wrinkles.
Speaker 3: All it is is one big piece of thing that you step in. It's called a pantsuit.
Speaker 4: Okay, ready for the next one.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, okay, I have no ideas.
Speaker 4: By the way, number two.
Speaker 3: Hooked on a feeling. Baby, this is uh blo swede seventy stop this feeling deep inside of me.
Speaker 1: You know the words you got another year bro sixty nine?
Speaker 3: No, no, seventy one No, was that a question or an offer?
Speaker 1: Seventy seventy one.
Speaker 3: Let's get another one. I'm not confident on it.
Speaker 6: Okay, we're gonna get the uga chaka out of here. Okay, here we go. Song number three.
Speaker 3: Ben in the Jets, Man, I'm liking uh uh seventy four. Yeah, I'm liking Price seventy.
Speaker 1: Four, seventy four, seventy five.
Speaker 3: That first song sounded like disco. That's the only thing that threw me off on feeling. You know, Ben in the Jets, Price seventy three or four? Right, dude, I didn't see the movie. Did you watch the movie?
Speaker 1: I have no interest in seeing that movie. No.
Speaker 3: I just wear his glasses because it makes me feel pretty.
Speaker 4: Okay.
Speaker 2: One more Fedora the whatever.
Speaker 3: Sometimes I dress up like Donald Duck too, just like because he did it.
Speaker 1: We all accept you for who you are.
Speaker 3: Thank you.
Speaker 4: Okay. Last song? Where is it? Here we go?
Speaker 3: Is this number one? The number one song of the week?
Speaker 4: No, no, no, it's just a song. The instrumental was the number one song for the week.
Speaker 3: I'll go seventy four.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna go seventy five.
Speaker 3: Let's seventy five, Rick seventy bra come and get.
Speaker 4: Your Okay, your final answer is nineteen seventy.
Speaker 3: That's what we're saying. Absolutely well, Dwight, if you would have stuck with you.
Speaker 1: Nineteen seventy four, damn my bad.
Speaker 3: Let me give you a Jack Bauer. Damn it, damn it. We guys got to record.
Speaker 1: Seventy We both said seventy four right away. We should have stuck with it. But Elton John, Hey, Rick, Elton John can't push me to seventy five.
Speaker 3: Ricky may have won the battle. How's they haven't won the war. Okay, we're coming for you tomorrow.
Speaker 4: I've got two more I got two more days, so right, that's right.
Speaker 3: Who do we have?
Speaker 2: Who you got?
Speaker 4: Ricky got about the Pello windows?
Speaker 3: Bella Webb is the doors? Baby, That's what I'm spraying. How's those energy bills? How's that elgy and ease? Super high in the winter, super high in the summer. It could be Probably is the windows and doors on your home? They're old. Let's get new, beautiful Pella windows and doors, Pellow windows doors. They're not just made in the USA. No, made right here in Kentucky by your friends, your neighbors, your family, Replacement, new construction, commercial Pride, Vinyl fiberglass, woodclad windows, patio doors.
Speaker 2: And more.
Speaker 3: You won't believe these beautiful Pella windows and doors twelve nine ten Factory Lane is the showroom. Or if you're at work right now, just check them out of work Paella Louisville dot com. They make life brighter. Why Pella, I don't know. Rated number one for highest quality, number one for craftsmanship, number one for highest value. And listen this, loved ones. You can Pella now and pay later. Pello Windows and Doors stick around news at the bottom. If you get me sick, are you calling?
Speaker 1: Would you stop? Call Tony's breaking alignment. They're great. I took my car to Tony's breaking alignment a couple of years ago. I had one place to where they told me to fix your window in your son's car. It'll be twelve hundred dollars. What happened, Dwight?
Speaker 3: You went there and I think it was twenty eight to fifty it was. It was literally, I'm serious, it was twelve. It was like it was like one hundred. They're like, you just need to replace those little clips of plastic clips. You don't need any more to the motor works he had done.
Speaker 1: And I was like, oh, I never went back to the other place. Don't get off Tony's breaking alignment. Papa Level Road.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's right, gone now everyone now, everyonard stop it, every.
Speaker 1: Job hey, river Folk gone.
Speaker 3: Now you get a three year, thirty six thousand, my wards. These Tonys put your mind at rest. Go with the best. Tony's breaking the line now, yeah, get out now, well skin it for us. Hey, the clock in boys.
Speaker 1: Welcome back News Radio eight forty WHS. Jeff Tokey has not showed up with our ding dongs.
Speaker 3: No he has not.
Speaker 1: He understand how important ding dongs are in our lives.
Speaker 3: You don't just say ding dongs and run away. That's I mean, what's the matter with you tokey.
Speaker 1: Ding dong ditch? Don't do that anymore?
Speaker 2: This is why.
Speaker 1: Yeah, when my wife ran for Save the City Council. The first year I went, walked and put the little hanging things on the doorway. The second time she ran, I said, I'm not doing it. She was like why, and I was like, because it's not nineteen seventy five. People will shoot you these days.
Speaker 3: Didn't your wife run on the platform of ding dong ditch?
Speaker 1: Yes? Or was it yes?
Speaker 2: No ding no ding.
Speaker 1: Dongs no ding do Yeah.
Speaker 3: Boy, that's a good that's a firm stand.
Speaker 1: Thank you, thank you.
Speaker 3: It worked, of course it did one well. Tattoos could be leaked linked or leaked linked to cancer. A new study out Denmark looked in the possibilities of the links between tattoos and cancer.
Speaker 1: The study right, okay, this is interesting to me. Why why are they saying that because the ink?
Speaker 3: I guess, yeah, but specifically one type of ink which I found alarming. Actually two types. Specifically, it's linked to skin cancer and lymphoma and people with large.
Speaker 1: And dye number five or whatever.
Speaker 3: Are you serious that's one of them.
Speaker 1: The second Oh my gosh, I was making a joke.
Speaker 3: The second one was more alarming, and we'll get to it.
Speaker 5: Uh.
Speaker 3: Skin cancer and lymphomas was linked to and people with large tattoos by large researchers referring to body art that's bigger than the size of your hand. That's not very large. I was thinking about back place. I mean that could be, you know, like.
Speaker 1: Like I'm getting addicted to that too, like I have. You don't have any tattoo.
Speaker 3: I just got one. What do you have? It's Susan's face and it's on the lower back.
Speaker 1: Oh, I'm sorry.
Speaker 3: I never said I've seen beautiful that. Look you just muscot that just got that I did wednesday. But don't touch it, sore man.
Speaker 1: I'm sorry.
Speaker 3: And look where her mouth is. Yeah, I know, let me spread it out. Watch your saying hang on, watch it.
Speaker 1: Okay, let's get back.
Speaker 3: I think, uh, watch one more time.
Speaker 1: Yeah. That story was in the news yesterday, in the National News. I was interested about that because you see these people that sleeve up.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah yeah, and people.
Speaker 1: Well what's that sleep? Rick, old person, you know what a sleeve tattoo is?
Speaker 4: A sleeve tattoo.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well, let's inform the old people. Yeah, hey, Rick, from your shoulder all the way down to your wrist, it called a sleeve tattoos, the whole tattoo.
Speaker 4: That's good to know.
Speaker 1: All right, good?
Speaker 3: You want to see my wife's butt tattoo doesn't want to see us?
Speaker 4: Step step around the camera.
Speaker 1: You're saying, you gotta do this, don't zoom in.
Speaker 3: See how she opens her mouth. When I do that, I'm might have to get that tattooed red. Can we focus, Let's refocus, let's regroup. Here we go.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 3: Any large tattoo is it could be linked to skin cancer lymphoma. The definition of large is something bigger than the palm of your hands. They call it the dose effect, where more ink is injected, the greater chance of triggering inflammatory responses. The researchers specifically sided, like you said, the red ink. But here's the alarming there's two types of inks that were the main offenders, red ink and black ink. Every tattoo has black in it.
Speaker 1: I guess right. No, no, I don't know anything about tattoos. I don't have any tattoos. You see people walking out? Yeah, right, you're right, yeah, yeah, I look. I always thought I told you. Tony Danza, Yeah, Tony Danza. I saw a video with Tony Dancer when I was a teenager, and I said, he put it in my head. He is on trucking, He's got to keep on trucking with the guy in the zoot suit and the leg is really long, and the big feet, the big feet, and the under the keep on trucking is his leg goes the length of keep on trucking. And he goes and they're like, why are you against tattoos? And he raises his arm and he goes, I got this in nineteen seventy five, I said, he goes. Do you know how long this was? Cool? I go and the guy was like, no, he goes for three weeks in the summer of seventy five. He goes, and I have this stupid zoot suit thing on my arm forever.
Speaker 3: Remember he had the big long beard. Yeah, keep on, keep.
Speaker 1: On trucking guy, so I said, And for some reason a teenager, I was like, he's right, there's nothing. There's nothing that I would want to permanently put on my It's like buying a shirt and go wear that shirt for the rest of your life.
Speaker 3: No, I've got a shirt or too where the rest of my life.
Speaker 1: Terry Miners has got like a Paisley shirt you won't let go from the nineties. He still wears it.
Speaker 3: Well, what's the magic number when it comes to retirement? The magic number that Americans feel they need to retire money or year money?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 3: Who knows the amount of money Americans feel they need to retire comfortably in twenty twenty five has dropped by two hundred thousand dollars. Don't know why they're saying it's one million point one point twenty six million is what Americans feel they need to retire comfortably. That doesn't I mean, it seems like a.
Speaker 1: Here's here's what you need to know. Yeah, because I'm an expert on retirement, Yes you are.
Speaker 3: You're the one that Susan and I will look to for wisdom whenever we want financed.
Speaker 1: You are welcome, Yeah, advice, You're welcome free of charge.
Speaker 3: And you sure you're positive that we need to buy right now? Blockbuster video stock. Because it's low. You said say that on the radio. Oh god, I've not every ga now everybody. She I'm so sorry, dude, hang on, I give you ruined it for everybody because by now, Oh my gosh, I just ruined our for one K.
Speaker 1: Because I'm an expert. Go ahead, because I'm an expert.
Speaker 3: So stupid.
Speaker 1: Uh, you have to figure out like you and Susan probably spend eight to ten thousand dollars a month.
Speaker 3: Oh no, we probably spend three hundred and eighty two dollars a month.
Speaker 1: But if you are, for example, if you are spending six to eight to ten thousand dollars a month here, then that's what you hang on. That's what you're going to need when you retire. Do you think you're going to need less? You're going to spend six dos If you spend six thousand dollars a month, which is a low number. I know you're thinking that's a water number. No it's not. No, it's not. Look at what you're spending a month. I already found a flaw in your plan. Oh really, yeah, what is it?
Speaker 3: I have social Security to fall back on, and that's gonna give me probably twenty grand a month.
Speaker 1: And don't get me started on all security. Oh I don't don't because I saw another story on it CBS Sunday morning and he says, and they go, well, here's what's gonna happen if it starts to fail because all of the boomers are dying and there's not enough gen X to cover. That's an actual audio from the TV show.
Speaker 3: You pulled that so quick.
Speaker 1: Thank you. He goes, well, we're gonna have to raise taxes or raise the age. I went, no, no, no, no, I said, you bailed out. I said you bailed out saving into Launch, not once but twice. You're bailed out the auto industry, not once but twice. You bailed out the airline industry, not once but twice.
Speaker 2: So when it.
Speaker 5: Comes down and bailing us out as old people, you're gonna write a check. And I don't care if you have to go to Philadelphia and print out a trillion dollars your ass is gonna shore up my ass in retirement.
Speaker 4: Right on, Tony, thank you.
Speaker 3: Now just do that again at the State Capitol, like on the floor in front of everybody.
Speaker 1: Don't have to die my prayer purple and have a nosery.
Speaker 3: Anyway, Northwestern Mutual says that most Americans say that they could retire comfortably on one point two six million. So of course, unless you live in Jefferson County, that's what it's gonna cost you annually by time they get done just playing the property taxes for JCPS.
Speaker 1: I told you when my son did his semester abroad in Madrid, he was like, there are a ton of retirees here from America, because he said, look, you get a sandwich, you get a drink, and usually in Europe there's some sort of alcohol. You love Europe, Dwight. So there's some sort of alcohol in the coffee or the martine, Like, it doesn't matter what meal you're eating, there's like there's alcohol. So he's like, he's like, it's it's it's everything. The whole meal is like five dollars. And he goes to crime is not. He goes there's no violent crimes. He was like, so all these Americans are like, my dollar goes farther in Europe than it does in America. Yeah, so they're moving to Europe. Good on them.
Speaker 3: It's where the spaghetti trees are.
Speaker 1: It's true.
Speaker 3: So anyway, my wife texted me back. Evidently the host Spaghetti Tree bit that I was talking about it was an actual hoax that people believed in. At one point she said it was a famous hoax. That's why she sent it to me.
Speaker 1: And the thing is that you've blown past, is that your wife thought you thought that was true.
Speaker 3: Well, I mean, in all fairness, I'm not what's known as a mental giant. Look how shocked Rick is.
Speaker 4: Look how he just blew my whole day there.
Speaker 2: I know.
Speaker 3: See two things. First of all, I let the cat out of the bag about Blockbuster video. Oh damn, I just didn't. Again, let's get it.
Speaker 1: I have back after this.
Speaker 3: But first, yeah, got it here something I'm on pins And this is called a teas radio Teas.
Speaker 1: Barno's Pizza.
Speaker 3: Baranos Pizza is Louisville style pizza Baby, the pizza that constantly gets back to the Louisville, Southern Indiana surrounding areas. Why would you go anywhere else? Plus Barono's Pizza best pizza in the universe. NASA scientists have been trying to crack the code of the Barono's Pizza for forty plus years. Can't be done. Maybe you don't like pizza. What's the matt with you? There's more than pizza though. On the menu. There's pizza, pasta, salad, sandwiches. You won't believe the extensive menu. When's the last time you've been to your local neighborhood Baronos? Dine in, carry out the delivery. Yeah, it's that good Barono's Pizza. Workaholics Workaholics. Do you have a best friend, They'll get you out of any situation.
Speaker 1: How you got one?
Speaker 3: You know, you pop up the hood and he goes, Oh, it's just your flutor valve. He fixes it. If you're business, your best friend should be work Aholics. This organization is absolutely the best. Sure they'll move you from one building to another, but they also will reconfigure your office. Go ahead and mix things up in there. Got the artwork you need to hang, Just call Workaholics. They'll come in and do it for you. Maybe you just want to get a bunch of the junk, the old cubicles of the crap he had. Let's get it out of there. Called workaholics, they'll do it. Maybe you just need more square footage in your warehouse. Let's let them help with this as well. Workaholics has seventy two thousand square feet of listening to this secured warehouse storage for your needs. And you go month to month or you go long term. It doesn't matter to them. They just want to help you. It's your new best friend for business workaholics large enough to quote any job, but they're still small enough to care. Stick around more on the way. I think we have news, Yeah, news on news radio fort E Wha.