Speaker 1: Track and check.
Speaker 2: This is the two seventeen Recovery podcast with Corey Winfield.
Speaker 3: You knows as soon as he gives a tour, he's gonna give her his heart to her too, and we'll.
Speaker 1: Have kids and getting married.
Speaker 4: That's too far.
Speaker 1: Oh boy out in Kilcaska, justin burg, How you doing fabulous? And we're just sitting next to Jesse spoke o, how you doing?
Speaker 5: I'm doing real good over here. Youngs just some things.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you're you're giving them advice and I think it's about prison.
Speaker 3: Just about thinking, because you can't you can't just say like time out.
Speaker 5: I was just kidding. I want to go home now.
Speaker 1: I thought I heard but you're cute. Yeah I heard that.
Speaker 3: I mean, you know, Curls got some pretty hair.
Speaker 1: Logan, who is with us today? Logan? How does that make you feel when he said that you're cute? Cause I think he even asked, like, did you just call me cute?
Speaker 3: I feel uncomfortable as a minor being called cute buying an adult.
Speaker 1: I think that's very understandable and I'm glad you hear this. This event today in kal Kaska. Are you excited to check out some of the art that's going on. Oh absolutely, I think it's very good pieces of art. Now, I know you can hear him because I can't too, Like over my shoulder, my right shoulder is Jesse. He's still talking about the prison stuff going No, but he cute though, But he's real cute. So we'll just walk away together in a little bit and maybe we won't have to come revisit this conversation. Mitchell O'Brien, how are you doing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm enjoying everything that's happening here today.
Speaker 5: All right, are you father?
Speaker 1: Are you proud when somebody calls your son cute?
Speaker 2: But in the context of the conversation, I was enjoying it.
Speaker 1: Yes, okay, And we're here with with little Jay. How are you doing? Are you enjoying this prison conversation? WHOA? All right, well that's the only thing I'm asking you today. Yeah, wow, all right, stuff of that now. I mean she is outside, she's using her outside voice, but into a microphone. That's probably a little much. Yeah. So yeah, so are you doing prison again?
Speaker 5: Now?
Speaker 3: We're all done with that right now.
Speaker 1: Right now, we're done with that. Right now. We start recording. He just kind of brings it down, but there's some interesting cats here today in Ko Kaska, and everybody has their boost. We're at what they call the train station I think, or the railroad whatever they call it.
Speaker 5: Railroad yeah, railroad square.
Speaker 1: Okay, railroad rear rouge square, that's what they call it.
Speaker 5: Sound like.
Speaker 1: I can't say railroad square. Railroad road roll people, roll people trying to find it. Big rectangle with the big trout on it. I didn't even see that. But inside they have like a little tents and boosts set up and it's for people in recovery to calm show their art. People in recovery. There's a lot of us that are very talented with different things. I mean, I don't know if I'm talented, but I do a little podcasting, a little media action is what I love. So that's kind of what we're bringing to That got the drone out, so I'm gonna fly that around a little bit. And it's about eighty degrees about thirty degrees, a little warmer than what I would want. But for sure there's some people out here with their little booty shorts on and they got their guns out, their shirts showing their guns, which is probably maybe the last week and are damn close to the last week and that you can do that here in twenty twenty four, so people take advantage of that. But inside, like I said, there's art and it's done by a lot of people in recovery. One lady came by our booth and was like, Hey, did you know my son Zach and or maybe his name wasn't Zach, Travis. We were all like, my brother's Travis. We do know Travis. Oh we do, yes, okay, yes, and she's like, oh, come down there because he did some of that and art from people in recovery. And then our guy who used to do the meetings, that's Travis. Oh oh yeah, yeah, we know him. We just call him the Jesus Meetings. I think I remember what we call him. That's why we know him. Yeah, we know him absolutely, we know him. She would have referred to him as the Bible of Jesus guys that I'm gonna do meetings at our place, and I'd be like, yeah, I know, like I remember names that I got you Okay, I'm not good at names. I'm cool with it. I accepted it, and.
Speaker 4: You know, Justin's going crazy, Oh yeah, this is pants are man? There's so many people here that Justin's like, oh, he's taking as we're just no because I was gonna take it. We were gonna record this video, and then somebody came up and just kind of went.
Speaker 1: Exeit the video. But I was gonna do a video, you know, talking with Jesse about like how today is a day we can find Justin. Oh yeah, wife, I would ask little Jay about that, but it would be way too loud. Yeah, we're not gonna get her response. Actually I can ask her from you and you can hear it. What do you think about that? Jay? No idea what that meant. This is referring to the pig tattoo on his booty, but it said something about you can find him a pig, So maybe she was saying we could find him a pig. Is kalkask what kind of stuff is your dad into? And Justin wants the microphone.
Speaker 5: This is getting way disturbing.
Speaker 1: It is way disturbing here with it's Justin's family, but inside there's art my point, and there's a guy with a bow and arrow or something in there. No, he's I think he's maybe selling it. Maybe I think he makes compound bows or I don't even know what that means, but it sounded pretty good. I don't think he's going to do that.
Speaker 2: Like a do a presentation with an apple. Somebody said yeah, and I don't know William. William tells it that that was talking to me earlier, said something about how he had and at first I thought she said beer, but then I thought she meant deer. She had a he had a beer picture over there. I was like, well, but then it kind of with the hunting, and I'm like, Okay, I think maybe I just heard that wrong.
Speaker 1: I think it's a deer, a picture of a deer.
Speaker 2: You got a picture a couple deer the other day.
Speaker 1: Yeah, hey, yeah, put them in a frame, bring them up here. You know, if you're in recovery and there's some people wandering around, I guess they're gonna be selling hot dogs and some chips and stuff like that, and that money is going to go to the kids.
Speaker 2: They heard the Wieners are coming out here shortly.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know, they're gonna they're gonna put some Wianers on the girl. Get them, get them nice and warmed up for you, you know, so you can eat them. Put him in your mouth. And chew them up a little bit. Yeah, the swallow them down. That's that's how you eat a hot dog. And uh yeah. So that's that's what we're doing here today, just hanging out, you know, being a part of celebrating people in recovery who do art. Like I said, some consider podcasting an art, some considering flying drones and taking pictures in art.
Speaker 2: There's a lot of recovery talent here, which is kind of what they marketed on. And there's art crafts. We got a Riki healer in the back. They're doing readings. It's like a massage. They'll do massage too.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yep.
Speaker 2: I think they got some of them stones doing stone massage.
Speaker 1: I don't know. I don't know. I had a massage a couple weeks ago. It was great. I know, you didn't want to go at first, and the first I didn't and it hurt real bad the first time, and I was sore for days. And then I was like complaining. That's what Marnie says. You're complaining like you always do, you know, the women be saying. And so then she suggested I go get another massage, and I tell you, I wasn't like, no, I was like, oh, this, Why didn't I think of that? Yeah, And then I had to like cry and bitch complain because it was like she was booked up for two weeks and I was like.
Speaker 2: Oh, you gotta you gotta work out that deep tissue issue.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And it's like she was like when she was doing It's like this is getting the toxins out, and I'm like, it hurts a man, That's what you gotta do. Is we gotta do And the woman I see does a great job. So I believe in that method of whatever you call it self care.
Speaker 5: Self care.
Speaker 2: It's a good analogy for early recovery. It might not feel good at first, you know, some of the stuff you got to go through, it's gonna hurt, but once you deal with it, it feels good after a little while.
Speaker 1: Yeah. And one of the first things for me when I got out of the hospital, I was sober, and that's the first time I'd really been sober in years. And for me to try to figure out what do I like, and I turned on Dog the Bounty Hunter. I had like tons of episodes to catch up on that and Lizard Lick Towing and just really dumb shows. And I'm like, I watched this crap like I need something to do. So I went out to hobby lobby and I bought like paint in like all kinds of little canvas and paint brushes, and I tried to paint stuff. I realized quickly I was not a good painter. I made something that they call abstract art. I'm really good at that because it doesn't look like anything. And like Marnie told me, I couldn't hang it up because she thought it was a vagina, it was not. It was more of like a spaceship kind of thing. Even my mom was like, no, why do you gotta have a picture of a china hanging on your wall. I'm like, it's because it's not a vagina, because we have a different view of a vagina than I do. You know, like that does not look to me like a vagina, like that's bound in it maybe.
Speaker 2: But I would say that I don't look that way. Have a different perspective on vaginas than That's what I'm saying. You know, they're looking at it different. And he said it was a spaceship and it was just just this side of this world.
Speaker 1: That's how it works. You know, I just told him, I just like it's abstract, and I think Marnie just stopped bringing it up. But it's not hanging in our home now. You know that Jesse wants to chime.
Speaker 3: In, like to see the painting. I mean, if it's you know, I'll put it up on my wall.
Speaker 1: And Jesse respects my art because I did want of Parker I did with the headphones on. It's really cute, wonderful.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's beautiful, beautiful artwork.
Speaker 1: You were like, I'll buy that from.
Speaker 3: You did too, and I offered.
Speaker 1: And say I look at that, like, dude, come on man, No.
Speaker 5: It was good quality work.
Speaker 3: So now I'm kind of excited to see this spaceship vagina that aout.
Speaker 1: Yeah in prison talk and.
Speaker 5: If I remember, we used to send each other abstract art when I first got out of treatment, yeah message.
Speaker 1: Because that was, like I said, like, that was one of the things that I jumped into, was the art of it all. And so that's why I was like, you know, this would be fun justin and I will have fun with it. Yeah, And I would send him pictures and he'd be like, why are you send me pictures of dicks? Man? And I'm like, it's it's art. I knew.
Speaker 2: I was trying to work in the joke like what did the art you guys sent to each other Dick pic.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, well Dick picked the art, the abstractness of art, and you know, you need something that Dick picked that. And so no, but I would I'd said that he'd send me back some crazy stuff and it was just but it was it was art. It was fun and it got him to do something than creative. Yeah, you know, and that's what it's about, man, It's about having fun. That's about being creative.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and I needed that inspiration when I first got the treatment, and it was fun. We actually had a lot of fun doing it.
Speaker 1: I mean I think just that way more fun than I did. But it was still it was a one more thing that kept you from using Yeah, you know, like, oh I got to get one field that Dick picked this weekend or whatever. It wasn't out Dick pics either, you know. But no, and sometimes you try to hide the wiener or whatever in there.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, for sure.
Speaker 1: So I don't know.
Speaker 2: Playing hide the Wiener is one of my favorite. We have a really close relationship here. Different people over the years. We have a really close relationship he at to seventeen recovery and that's why we're always having fun and recovery, and that's why we're here out in Cocaska today with all these other people doing things and showing things off that they enjoyed doing and it's fun.
Speaker 3: We're true believers of giving it to you raw and real.
Speaker 2: Yeah that you've added the raw, because I was gonna have to if you didn't. Ye, Okay, we're gonna leave that over there.
Speaker 1: That's abstract. Yeah, that's our just throw things on the ground. It could be ourt man. No, but come on by check it out. If you're probably in the area, it's probably over. But we're having fun here today is the point of it all. And we'll hopefully we'll walk around later and we'll chat with some people here and there, and if we don't get them on the podcast in some form of a podcast today, listen for it coming up in future episodes, because I know we're gonna send Jessie out with a mission to ask asks some questions. It'll be fun. It'll be fun. So thanks for listening, and we'll chat at a later time of my choosing later