Speaker 1: But back at the flu, I'm gonna be so pissed off.
Speaker 2: I'm just and and if I die from the flu, I'm gonna haunt.
Speaker 3: The Okay, go ahead, fine, you do it already, all right? Uh Second hour.
Speaker 4: Jack Radio A forty w H Jack.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna hunt you too, girl.
Speaker 3: All right, So we're our number two here. Next hour we're gonna do Crusade for children, trivia with Maddie from Sales. She's gonna come in. Plus, we've got this week in music right now. That music means click at our skipping. I'll give you the gossip headlines. Tell me if work like a Nurth script, let's do it.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna guess there is a fire. What is it? Fire aid? I'll bet you a fire aid story.
Speaker 1: We raised as much money as they did for North Carolina.
Speaker 4: They should have called it Firefest.
Speaker 3: Was that the name of the debunked uh on the island, but it wasn't spelled right.
Speaker 4: Yeah it was fyr headline Travis Kelsey can't believe iHeartRadio nod for Era's tour cameo.
Speaker 1: But Tony's gonna want to.
Speaker 4: Hear it coolnew I think he's in a video.
Speaker 1: Or something.
Speaker 4: Exciting news for Travis. He's now an award nominee. A few weeks after facing the Eagles at the Super Bowl, he'll compete for Favorite Surprise Guest at the iHeart Music Awards. His competition Chapel Roone Cher and Selena Gomez. Wow. On the latest episode of New Heights, his brother Jason Kelsey shared the news, leaving the younger Kelsey stunned. What I'm up for an award? No way? He's also nominated twice.
Speaker 1: This is incredible.
Speaker 4: His appearance at a Swift concert during the Eras tour and another feature at Morgan Wallen's show are both recognized. Oh ninth, I got too clearly excited, so just stop it.
Speaker 3: Those dudes are manly, manly man Well is that him or you doing that voice?
Speaker 4: Because I can't tell? Well, this is my voice. Aarathon Award for having a good style. He's maybe the greatest tight end of all time? Makes sense not?
Speaker 3: His brother is top five centers of all time. Receive too tough guys that I'm not sure. Look, they've made a lot of money with Taylor Swift brand, right, so their their podcast is paying them a hundred million dollars. What was I think podcast is a radio show with less revenue.
Speaker 1: Are you sure he's not a wide receiver?
Speaker 4: Stop it?
Speaker 3: So they got one hundred million dollar deal for their podcast. The Wife, the offensive Lineman. His brother's wife has the most views on her podcast in the country. It's crazy she does it, but has that has their brand as tough guy. NFL Hall of Famers been damaged a little bit with the football heads.
Speaker 4: To answer your question to White in his prime, Travis Kelsey is a tight end with wide receiver skills. That's true, not so much anymore, but yeah headline. Heidi Klum and Seal's son make runway debut at Paris Fashion Week. Heidi Klum has gotta be gotta be fifty something years old, I would think, so click on it. Say what Heidi Klum's nineteen year old son, Henry Gunther Adamola dash to Samuel.
Speaker 1: My name is Henry Sami.
Speaker 4: He made his runway debut at Paris Fashion Week. He opened the Lena Erziak Hotcature show. Who named this kid? Zulander?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Gun?
Speaker 1: What's your name?
Speaker 4: Gunta? Samuel? Heidi klu Heidi Klum, how do you went full proud Mama and shared a clip of Henry's strutting his stuff in a black suit featuring an open back on the run. She rocked a second look later on as well, with another black suit, this time featuring an oversized scarf. It's probably impossible getting this story, I know.
Speaker 1: Wow, he's everywhere.
Speaker 3: Everyone's trying to attach themselves to some sort of Taylor Swift, just like a little baby toe. Can we get on a baby toe. I'll take the baby too, baby too. I'll take this little piggy. I'll take a little piggy of Taylor Swift.
Speaker 4: I don't even care. Headline logan Paul says he was robbed of three hundred thousand dollars and watches and what watches? Wow?
Speaker 3: I bet you that's two watches. Click on and I want to find out what's logan Paul is going on.
Speaker 4: He's thinking some TSA agents may have lifted them from his luggage. On his vlog with brother Jake, he informs Jake the fifty thousand dollars watch he gave him as a gift was gone. Sure it is, and he alleges the expensive time pieces were stolen at the airport. I have no reason to believe someone opened my bag during TSA and nabbed it out of there. I don't want to point any fingers, but those blanks definitely took it allegedly, in my opinion, How.
Speaker 3: Long do they have the bag goes back there, right, and they got to get it on the plane, right, So do they open Do they open it up every once in a while, Like do they rifle through your bags?
Speaker 1: Of course they do, but my locks, yeah, mine does too. I just I wonder how many people do that, they go through people's bags. Oh stop, you know you always have to take it to a fourteen year old each other on the head with it or whatnot.
Speaker 4: He's so stupid, I have like a sword fight. Stop, don't encourage David.
Speaker 1: Hey, look at me.
Speaker 4: Headline olymp is a serious Olympian. Nancy Kerrigan breaks down over the loss of skating club members in DC planes. That's very, very sad.
Speaker 1: I need to hear this.
Speaker 4: She fought back tears while speaking out at the Skating Club of Boston about the loss of its members and the stating playing crash. Not sure how to process it, she said, which is why I'm here. It involved American Airlines Flight five third and when we know the story claim the lives of skater Spencer Lane and Yena Han, their mothers Christina Lane and Jin Han, coaches Vadim Numov and ev jenny A Shoskova, previously Olympic champions for Russia. The club. Allom announced how deeply this loss has felled across the skating world, saying every rink that has skating has feelings towards this. It is tragic.
Speaker 1: I just want to say my defense. I did not know it was that story.
Speaker 4: You mean you spoke before knowing things.
Speaker 3: Jackie and I were having this conversation about that specific thing where the ice skaters were on it, and I thought, you know, in the seventies, this happened all the time, the Evansville basketball team, the Marshall football team. It's just right, these things fell out of the sky right before it landed, all the time. Leonard skanned all the time, and now it's just so rare that this happens two thousand and nine, the last one. But it wasn't just those famous ice skaters. There were a bunch of other that went out to that camp in Wichita. So our thoughts and prayers and she was cute she was. She was crying on the ice and just saying, you know, but here's what we do in ice skating is you got it.
Speaker 4: The practice has to go on.
Speaker 3: So we're all having practice today and it's just like it's really hard.
Speaker 4: Headline Emilia Perez star Carla Sophia Gascon under fire for old social media posts.
Speaker 3: Oh please, I don't even know this movie, but I got a bunch of nods from Golden Globe.
Speaker 4: So this is the one where I think the transman could win Best Actress. Well, then that's going to be your winner. Amazing large viewership for the award. They can't not I know right, they can't. Not Like six people saw it. They have to write.
Speaker 3: They have to give it to them her whatever I am them tell.
Speaker 1: Me which I don't see gender. I just say it's admirable acting person. Clicking category for best Acting person is be offensive to it?
Speaker 4: Headline. Spencer Pratt emailed Taylor Swift for help during wildfires. Still waiting on a response. Click on it. What's up? Spencer pre Spencer Pratt, He's revealed he emailed Taylor Swift for support after his home burned down in the fires, but he also revealed so far, he's gotten nothing back from her. He apparently asked multiple music industry people to help out and promote his wife's songs. If you don't get a response, that's also a response, Pratt shared while appearing on the VL file for yourself.
Speaker 3: If you don't get podcasts, radio show with less, If you don't get a response, that is a response, get over yourself.
Speaker 4: They've made over one hundred and twenty five thousand dollars through fan donation since the fire. Come on, So he's he's expecting Taylor Swift yes because his house burned down, to stop everything and promote his wife's crappy song thank You. This is where these people aren't normal in La Man. They don't think.
Speaker 3: We've had plenty of rock band friends that have gone out there and said we had to come back, like we were having a good time, but everyone out there was crazy. They're like, they're so fake, it's just insane.
Speaker 1: Now.
Speaker 3: The tragedy of that the fire is one of One of them that we haven't talked about is some of the sets and homes and some of our favorite TV shows all time burnt down. What about the Brady Bunch Home. I think it's safe. But other ones. There was a list that I saw. If I mentioned, you'd be.
Speaker 4: Like, oh, that house has gone damn. Come on, man, it'd be weird to drive down one of those streets and go, wait a minute, that house looks familiar. Yeah, it's like being in Central Park in New York and you look around. You're like, this looks like fifty movies that I've seen and I'm right in the middle of it. It's exactly right. Headline doctor Terry Dubrow.
Speaker 1: You know who that is?
Speaker 4: Who?
Speaker 1: Remember? Remember the Quiet Riot?
Speaker 2: Kevin debrou Yeah, so that's his brother and he's got a successful TV show where it's like, uh, you know botched surgery, plastic surgery.
Speaker 4: No, it's he's a surgeon. He's like a surgeon.
Speaker 1: He's one of the top plastic surgeons. He lost his.
Speaker 4: Dead, his brother, his brother, his brothers. Probably let's hear it.
Speaker 1: I want to hear it.
Speaker 4: Terry did four biopsies on Brandy Glanville to help cure her face issue. What's wrong with your face? I don't face what you fix your face? What?
Speaker 1: What Dwight said that to me today?
Speaker 4: He goes, what's wrong on your face? Was like what's what? I don't know, what's one on my face?
Speaker 2: I like to ask, like like a nano second before we go on the air, I like to say something like that to him.
Speaker 3: And then one of the sales girls goes, Tony, you look like some of the guys in the Outsiders with your tight shirt today. And Dwight has to walk by with his stupid coffee and his stupid face, and he goes, you mean the old dead guy that lives down the.
Speaker 4: Street are on this one?
Speaker 1: That's here?
Speaker 4: Yeah, former real Beverly Hill star, my friend.
Speaker 1: That brother headline.
Speaker 4: Half of Bristol Palin's face is paralyzed.
Speaker 1: Oh Crystal pal.
Speaker 3: Uh, Sarah Palin's daughter. I think so she has Bell's palsy or sometimes COVID can do that.
Speaker 4: Click on it.
Speaker 1: Is she famous or just because she married?
Speaker 3: She married the middle of honor winner from Kentucky. Yes, I think they're divorced now, but they were married for a while.
Speaker 4: I thought I had a kid or two. Former Dancing with the Stars contestant Bristol Palin suffering through it A lot of people might consider a kind of hell. She told followers on her insta service that half her face is paralyzed.
Speaker 1: Come on, it's not the audio.
Speaker 4: I woke up nine days ago with a little weird sensation in my face. My mouth was pulling this way, and it just felt a little off. She went on to say things progressively got worse. Within a couple of hours. The entire left side of my face was numb and just paralyzed. I couldn't really blink that one eye definitely had no movement on the side of my face. Went in for a CT scan, had test done, was prescribed steroids and other meds. So far only slight improvement. She thinks it's a case of Bell's palsy, maybe brought on by stress sleep. You're hoping it's temporary.
Speaker 1: I was going to say stroke.
Speaker 4: You hope it's temporary, and I think it comes back every once in a while. But that would suck.
Speaker 1: It would suck.
Speaker 4: You'd be two face, right, you'd be the guy in the Batman thing. Is somebody trying to get back in the good graces of Jennifer Garner oh headline Ben Affleck volunteers at La Homeless Encampment.
Speaker 3: All he is he's trying to get into her thing, which is she's a good person and you're a terrible person.
Speaker 4: End of story. Click on it. He joined the growing list of Hollywood notables doing their part or more in the aftermath of the fires. He was seen volunteering at a homeless encampment this week. Unclear what kind of charitable work he was doing, but every bit helps. With thousands rendered homeless as the Blazers destroyed over sixteen thousand structures, he's probably doing the big Ernie McCracken and seeing if any women need housing during this right troubling time on if jlo ever screened that in one of their fights, You're.
Speaker 3: Never gonna love be like you love Jennifer, Jennifer, Jennifer say it, Okay, I'll say it.
Speaker 4: I will never love you like I love her. She's the mother of my children.
Speaker 1: And you're not.
Speaker 4: And you're not.
Speaker 3: All you do is Instagram pictures of bikinis at pleasu.
Speaker 1: You're stinky, Jennifer.
Speaker 4: Oh, I don't think she's stinky.
Speaker 1: Yeah it is. No, I know, Jennifer Lopel. You do not on her husband fight.
Speaker 4: That is denies. She's not stinky. She's insecure, empathetic.
Speaker 1: But don't want to do this to you on the air.
Speaker 4: But I'm gonna there's the Venetti compliment right there is.
Speaker 1: Jennifer Lopezz past aggressive.
Speaker 4: I said you weren't stinky.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it says here on the Google machine she's stinky.
Speaker 4: Ah you google me one more Patrick headline. Patrick Mahomes Senior claims his X account was hacked after exchange with Bills fans. Ye, that's what everybody says. I got hacked. Click on it. Mahomes dad, I think is a quite a character. The father of Patrick got into it with the Bills fans after the Chiefs beat them to earn the birth in the Super Bowl? Or did he after the game? Mahomes Senior is X account posted today is a great day to not be from Buffalo, and that was all it took. Bills fans mobilized dragging the quarterback's dad for his multiple DUI arrests. Thing is Mahomes Senior says it wasn't him. On instat he said, I've been compromised. The Mahomes family holds the utmost respect for the Bills organization and the Bills mafia. We are actively working to resolve this case. Thank you for understanding.
Speaker 1: Good Later, the mayor of Buffalo said, let's st a buffalo chair.
Speaker 3: B Patrick Mahomes is so he's so likable, but then again so hateable because he's so good. They broke down like the Joe Montana's and the Tom Brady's in the last minute, like the last minute of games and behind and winning drives and all that, and it's like it's like sixty forty or forty sixty for the other guys, and Mahomes is like perfect, yeah, Like he doesn't lose.
Speaker 4: He doesn't ever lose. They just mess around her in the regular season and then go ahead and win another one. And when they playoff start, they're like, all right, let's lock in. And then they go sit in the hot TeV and go, ah, we win again.
Speaker 1: That's what says.
Speaker 2: Did we we get in our soll covered hot tub with a glass of number one takuila and the neighbors just look dejected and we look at them.
Speaker 4: And go, does Lenny look dejected or like Slimmy?
Speaker 1: There's no end? It's Leimmy. What did I say, Lenny?
Speaker 3: When Lemmy is looking at you, is there some descent and jealousy when you're in the tub?
Speaker 4: And and then he is not.
Speaker 1: Usually when Lemmy is out there with us.
Speaker 4: Yes, it's just this.
Speaker 1: Oh I got a rock, No, I got a stick.
Speaker 4: It's way you all get along so well.
Speaker 1: Southern Comfort hot tub.
Speaker 2: Baby, you're gonna love a vacation right there in your very own backyard. It's the way, the perfect way to in any day. It's a perfect way to reconnect with the one that you love. You're probably thinking, I can't afford a hot tub. Oh contrara bonjoor.
Speaker 1: Listen to this.
Speaker 2: Hot tubs as low as sixty five dollars a month, over one hundred and fifty tubs to choose from, and with twelve months same as cash. Southern covered hot tubs makes a vacation in your backyard a reality.
Speaker 1: It's easy.
Speaker 2: Susan and I, we've had a Southern covered hot tub as long as we've been married for thirteen years.
Speaker 1: It's the perfect way that we love ending our day. You're gonna love it too. Southern Covered hot Tub seventy five oh one. Preston Hunt.
Speaker 4: Tonight's Bernos night, isn't it?
Speaker 3: It is?
Speaker 1: Baronolds. Thank you, Dave.
Speaker 2: It's my favorite night of the week, Friday night because it's Barnos time. Tonight We're gonna be having dinner with a special someone.
Speaker 1: His name is Ian Vertrees. You might remember him.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, that's right. Baron Knows is the perfect place for special occasions. But it doesn't have to be the special occasion to go to Barons. No, when you go to Baronos, it becomes a special occasion. Pizzas, pasta, sandwich, salads, wings, so much on their extensive menu. And have you been to the third and market Baronos yet. It's the perfect place to go before any U of L game, before any concert, before any event at the center of the Arts. Absolutely beautiful dine in carry out or delivery. Yeah, it's that good. Barono's pizza stick around really. In the year straight Away News rightyway forty whas.
Speaker 3: We got it right yesterday, I believe, and we were very surprised that we got it right yesterday.
Speaker 4: I believe.
Speaker 2: Deely Dan is another Southern covered hot tub favorite. We listened to all Right Wheeling in the year's Friday edition. I think we're five hundred for the week. We're two and two. So what do we got we got.
Speaker 1: Going on to the sixties.
Speaker 4: Ah, you're always so optimistic about the sixties. I do have top twenty hits, all of these somewhere back in the day, including Cooling the Gang Victory.
Speaker 1: All right, we're not in the sixties. That's good news.
Speaker 3: Yea, hang on, hang on, this sounds nineteen eighties. Yeah, this does not sound like Cool the Gang. Now.
Speaker 1: I feel like I'm getting the flu.
Speaker 4: No, we haven't got the flu yet. We're very lucky. Oh my gosh. Yeah, this is the era of cool in the Gang where people are like, yeah, I'm out, it's not me.
Speaker 1: Watch me dance of this.
Speaker 4: It's two hands, watches shoulders. Put your hands over your head. Be careful. Wow, don't move your shoulders.
Speaker 1: Here comes the twerk gods. You ready?
Speaker 4: Please don't really look at that. You have to have at twerk. You don't have a buzz d. You're right, all right. I don't like this song, but it's eighty one. Maybe you'll like this one from Survivor.
Speaker 1: It's later.
Speaker 4: Is this Love?
Speaker 1: It's a three or four? I believe the name of this album was mm hmm.
Speaker 4: Yeah, this is lame.
Speaker 1: It's four or five.
Speaker 4: Maybe what a lame year this was? Uh, it's touched. Are you saying eighty three?
Speaker 1: I'm saying eighty four? Or five.
Speaker 4: Now, yeah, I would. I think I'm with you eighty four, eighty five. This is a good song, come on, is it?
Speaker 1: Yeah, let's get to the chorus.
Speaker 4: At least I don't know.
Speaker 1: Okay, now, I'm sorry to get into it.
Speaker 4: I cut out.
Speaker 1: It is love Mardy five or six mighty five.
Speaker 4: Or six eighty six? Maybe okay, sold you on that one. That one. So let's see what do we have here? Another rock song? We're ready?
Speaker 1: This is eighty six. Boston is nineteen eighty six. It's eighty six, but that can.
Speaker 4: Make it a Sebuary on the side of eighty seven and my.
Speaker 2: Best Jack Jack Bauer voice. Dammit, mhm, it's eighty six. That's when this record came out.
Speaker 4: At least I'm with you. I think it's eighty six, eighty seven, maybe possibly eighty eight.
Speaker 1: I was working at a car wash.
Speaker 4: You worked at a car wash? Never heard that story before? Man? Can you tell us? Was it in the South End?
Speaker 1: After the show?
Speaker 4: Can we stick around and you tell us a story about how you worked at a car wash.
Speaker 1: Here's one thing I'll tell you. I invented taking the wind as I see the trigger, Yeah, putting it right here in your pocket.
Speaker 4: You're a liar.
Speaker 2: No one did it before you did it before me and what winds was a good trick though, still use it today.
Speaker 4: I see him, I see them.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm comfortable walking in on eighty six.
Speaker 4: Yeah, We'll get you eighty seven. Here's a good hot tip song, Go shake you Dan.
Speaker 1: This is Gregory Abbit it is. This was in my sweet sweet love making tape. That's your little babe.
Speaker 3: I'll be watching you ready, Yes, you, I've been watching nineteen eighty seven year I graduated from high school. The number one album was the Beastie Boys and their debut album, and this sounds nothing like that era.
Speaker 1: But it's eighty six, eighty six for sure. Before happybe.
Speaker 4: That look in you all right? Please? Thank you? Who sings this song?
Speaker 1: Dwight Me and Gregory abbitts okay, Gregor.
Speaker 4: This song was number two this week. It's Robbie Neville say Lovey, Say Lovey, Sa lovey. I what a terrible time for music.
Speaker 1: Is there any naked scenes in the movie you're watching behind me? Yes, we give me a heads off about Viking. One comes right now. They're butchering each other right now. I just bid his face his nose off. I like to see a naked lady. That dude just bit his nose off. Are naked lady vikings, big and strong life.
Speaker 4: Look they're valkyries. They're beautiful, are they? Yeah?
Speaker 3: All right, I mean I'm okay. I'm willing to give you the eighty six. But it's January, so it's eighty seven.
Speaker 4: Number one.
Speaker 1: This is the number one.
Speaker 4: I will just mention the lead singer because of Dwight. This is Billy Vera. At this moment, what here we go?
Speaker 1: You think.
Speaker 4: At this moment, I didn't listen to any of these songs in the eight I didn't.
Speaker 1: Who did the song first? Harold Melvin the Blue Notes? Baby, that's true?
Speaker 4: Do you know that stuff?
Speaker 1: Because I'm a big teddy panagrass Harold.
Speaker 4: Music with you and like obscure TV characters from the seventies.
Speaker 1: This is eighty six. Lock me in, baby, give me the ball.
Speaker 3: It's eighty seven. I think, okay, fine. If you want to say no, no, I'm saying eighty seven. No, no, no, you say, give me the ball, right, David Way.
Speaker 4: Whatever you guys want to do, give me the ball, Give me the ball, Give me the ball. It's eighty seven, so Dwight was partially right. Third Stage Boston came out in nineteen eighty six, but the first hit was Amanda. We already came afterwards, and that was nineteen eighty seven. I told you give me your bump, let me fact gim me your bine. Clear the name. I'm going to shoot Avon.
Speaker 1: No, you're wrong, David is fact checked. Damn it hereby Jack Bauer.
Speaker 4: Damn it. Now, the weekend's gonna suck and you're gonna get the flu.
Speaker 1: Amen, don't say that stuff.
Speaker 3: But your animal might get the flu. But Jefferson Animal Hospital will help if you give blood.
Speaker 1: Did you know that your dog or your cat can get blood just like we can't, because it's true and they can save other pets lives. Listen to this. I was like, hu, I might be drinking in this morning like a toddler.
Speaker 4: Then he giggles about it.
Speaker 3: Toddlers like laugh at their own hiccups, and milk came out of his neck.
Speaker 1: Hey, if your cat is over fifty pounds and your I'm sorry what I'm sorry?
Speaker 2: My cat's over fifty If your cat's over fifty pounds, to take attentions, listen if your dog's over, the.
Speaker 4: Cat's over fifty pounds at the doorstop.
Speaker 1: If cat's over fifty pounds, call guinnis no if your dog. If your dog is.
Speaker 3: Over, I wanted to say, boy, the paws don't touch the ground so they can't run. I want to say that you just gotta screw him along with your foot. That's a really large cat. Cat fifty pounds.
Speaker 2: Listen, if your dog is over fifty pounds or your cat's over ten pounds, they may qualify to be a pet blood donor, where every donation can save four to six pet lives.
Speaker 1: There's also benefits for you and your pet as well. Listen to this. If your pet becomes a regular blood donor, you get regular examinations, blood work, vaccines all at Jefferson Animal Hospital.
Speaker 4: Can drug atic dogs get paid to give their.
Speaker 1: They have to go through a treatments.
Speaker 4: Okay, that is a great question. Thank you.
Speaker 1: That's a great question too.
Speaker 4: By the way, thank you.
Speaker 2: For more information on how your dog or cat could be a pet blood donor, called nine hundred Pats or visit pet bloodbank dot com. Stick around more on the way, including steps you could take to keep your phone from getting hacked. It's on the way news Radio forty wh Yes, yeah.
Speaker 1: Girl, get inside Dwight Wittin's nineteen seventy six Buke regal Let's tick a stroll down to the eighties.
Speaker 4: Thank you for that, Bobby Brown. People are trying to not throw up before lunch.
Speaker 1: It would go you ready, no, yeah, no.
Speaker 4: No, one's ready.
Speaker 3: No while we playing the sound shut up. Oh, we don't say shut up, and don't stay shut up in this house. We don't stay shut up in this house, mom said, Mom said, you don't have anything nice to say.
Speaker 4: You shouldn't say anything at all. You shouldn't say anything that's true.
Speaker 1: Sure was looking forward to hearing new edition.
Speaker 4: No you weren't.
Speaker 1: You just ruined it.
Speaker 4: Oh like you ruined every other song in the history of this show.
Speaker 1: Ruin it or make it better?
Speaker 4: Fine line?
Speaker 3: All right, what do you got to reason we are listening to? Actually that ruined Whitney. Whitney's life, ruined her, made it better, ruined it because she's dead.
Speaker 1: Well. The NSA.
Speaker 4: That was that was the sales meeting, the first one, first one to talk loses.
Speaker 2: Uh listen in my Bible study group where we got this text group and when I'm sitting out the other day, said hey, use this app because it's I'm like, well, we're just a Bible study.
Speaker 1: What were you talking about? What's up at no signal?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 2: Said hey, use this is encrypted. I'm like, well, we're a Bible study. But evidently China has hacked into some cell towers.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: So the NSA has put out rules, not rules, but ways to protect your privacy.
Speaker 1: If you have a cell phone. It's from the National Security Agency.
Speaker 4: So funny. If that's so funny, we're going to protect your privacy. Shut up.
Speaker 1: Meanwhile, all of these are CIA listening devices.
Speaker 4: They're listening to us.
Speaker 1: I'm the CIA. By the way.
Speaker 4: CIA also I think that, uh we support the FBI.
Speaker 1: CIA.
Speaker 4: Community Institute of America is awesome.
Speaker 1: Really no, no, no, no, no Central Intelligence Agency.
Speaker 3: But everybody graduates from there. Always say graduate from CIA. Really really, that's Culinary Institute of America.
Speaker 1: So, uh, here's some ways that you could protect your phone.
Speaker 3: You go out Bill Paxton on her. How am I going to protect my phone? He seriously, he can't be. You can will tell me one, tell me, give me one. All right, here's one a Faraday box. No restart your phone once a week and only take seconds. But it's definitely worth doing, and that's something I why I did this morning after doing this, soaprep Why separately turn your phone off, wait ten seconds to turn it back on. Doing this every week will help protect against zero click exploits where hackers can get in without you even clicking on anything file So maybe they.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 4: I understand that the old rule.
Speaker 3: Was you could open something, but you don't don't touch the attachment, touch the attachment, but I guess that rule is now out the window.
Speaker 2: I got to tell you, I wish I could just we wish you just live your life without people trying to scam you. I didn't think about this one, but I did it. Disable your Bluetooth when you don't need it. Yes, your Bluetooth always on?
Speaker 4: Mine was is always on?
Speaker 1: Yes?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 1: The NSA, Uh, the NSA advise how they get in.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: They said that hackers and scammers nearby can use it to hijack your phone if your Bluetooth is on.
Speaker 4: Yep, yep.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 1: Never thought about this one, but I never do this. When Susan and I are traveling New Mexico, always take my own charger with me. Well, that makes sense just to plug it in, you know, while we're in the airport or whatnot.
Speaker 2: But they have all these charging ports, says skip any public USB ports, And that makes sense because.
Speaker 1: Like a coffee airports, they got lines of these ports. You know.
Speaker 2: Yes, they said, it's not that it's not that common in America. But they put something on there to install malware. It's still your data.
Speaker 4: Oo, that's sneaks what I mean. And you're gonna they're gonna get you know, what are they gonna get from your phone?
Speaker 1: Well, I keep naked pictures of myself on there just to prevent getting hacked. Like I see, like they'll see it.
Speaker 3: And oh god, Lemme would be upset if he knew that that there was naked pictures of him also on there.
Speaker 1: There's like I bet I've got fifty three fould and pictures with me, Like every night we'll be sitting there on the snappers picture if you're not on Facebook.
Speaker 4: So the other night he just he did a thirty second video of why You're so Grumby, Why You're so Grumby?
Speaker 3: It's crampy, and it had like five thousand views, just like how does this not gruffy dogs?
Speaker 4: It's magic.
Speaker 2: These are ways to prevent your health, your health phone, your cell phone.
Speaker 1: That's a good word, health phone. That's my hell phone, hell phone. I love turning mine off. Uh, to prevent your cell phone from getting hacked. Don't use public Wi Fi. That's a pretty straightforward.
Speaker 4: I never get on anything. That's just uh.
Speaker 1: But here's here's the thing you don't know about them. Here's the thing where I could see you getting uh snagged up or hung up on. They won't just have different Wi fis available, they'll name them like if you're a hotel, hotel guest, like the scammers. Yes, they'll put up they'll they'll put up they'll put up a.
Speaker 2: Fraudulent there somewhere near the hotel and it's just this hotel, gas or coffee shop.
Speaker 1: And you're in there and you they can.
Speaker 4: Get your passwords, just use your data.
Speaker 1: They can.
Speaker 3: They can use your passwords to get into your banking and all the rest of it.
Speaker 2: Oh, just this morning I got a a got an email from my Grinder account right that said, uh, yeah, personal data. Okay, finally better.
Speaker 4: Is there an app better name than grinder? Hmm? Is it? I think I know what that app is for.
Speaker 1: Isn't that the gay one?
Speaker 4: I think? So that's where you buy pepper corns.
Speaker 2: I think it is because when I when I when we worked in the old office where we had people, yes years ago, I used to be on my computer and go, is anybody.
Speaker 1: Having trouble getting in their Grinder account?
Speaker 3: Because I can't put a dollar in Dave's He said, Grinder. Isn't that the pepper corns site where by peppers? You're better than that? Even that, even if you're in class, the teacher would go, Dave name lame, You're.
Speaker 1: Better than that.
Speaker 3: Man.
Speaker 1: What would Greg get you?
Speaker 4: You are?
Speaker 1: What would Greg get your thing? You just let you let him down.
Speaker 4: I don't want to disappoint Yeah, I think he chuckled.
Speaker 1: He probably did. He's not that bright of a guy. I said it about Greg.
Speaker 4: Get your hands a gun and he knows how to use it very proficiently. What else there?
Speaker 2: OK, here's the last one. These are measures you can take to prevent yourself from getting hacked. Cover your mic and your camera when you're not in use that you can get a protective case that drowns out your your phone, microphone or your phone camera that makes it.
Speaker 3: I usually put it down face down, but the cameras are now on the reverse side too. But I do have a charger that stands my phone up at night, so that definitely someone could just turn that on very easily and watch us, you know whatever.
Speaker 4: Check.
Speaker 2: You think I might because obviously they're listening to us on our microphones. I mean we get served ads. We were talking about some movie the other day and it just popped up on both our phones on.
Speaker 4: No none on our phone, on our streaming service at home. I was like, oh convenient.
Speaker 2: So I think whenever Venetti leaves the studio and we'll go buy his phone, and so going this.
Speaker 1: Don't do it, man, we finally got the nuclear bomb acquired.
Speaker 3: No, no, you'll steal magnolias, steal magnolias, steal magnolias.
Speaker 1: I'm Tony Vani. I'm so happy that I finally.
Speaker 4: We're gonna go to lots of pasta, get together the perfect Valentine's meal. Don't go out to the crowded restaurants. They have fresh pasta, you can make carbonara, meatballs, Lazani. They have fetichini, the best garlic bread. They even have Tony Caviall, I will make I do.
Speaker 3: The breakfast for Jackie for Valentine's Day. So I'll make her an omelet with smoked turkey, some smoked mozzarella, some Swiss, and then I'll cook her up with the sour dough bread, the big sour two pounds sour dough which basically has four ingredients sour dough, and I'll make French toast with that.
Speaker 4: Oh, and I my friend and Mahiro. Because lots of plastic, they have those fancy waters with the real pretty bottles. Quinton has a great, I mean great craft beer selection. And how about Tiera massoux for dessert? Ooh, make it? Oh man, I like correct dinner and then make the dessert.
Speaker 3: Thirty seven seventeen Lexington Road, in the heart of Saint Matthew's. I would be there around one thirty today, I'll tell you, because Maggie's coming in for the weekend at one and she's gonna want to go to the straight Lots of Pasta and get a sandwich.
Speaker 4: I'll I'll be around there there later this afternoon.
Speaker 3: I hope to see you there back after this tough of hour. News is coming up here in a couple of minutes on news radio eight forty w h A s