Speaker 1: It's nice eyes. I'm going razy Boston's News Radio.
Speaker 2: All right, everybody, welcome on back as we head into our twentieth hour of the week. Twentieth hour of the week is our eleven o'clock hour on Friday nights. For those of you who are math majors, you can figure it out. We're on five nights a week, Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday. Four hours a night, so that means that means we do twenty hours. This last hour of the week, twentieth hour at eleven, and we try to do something just a little different. Let me run by what we've done this week. We talked on Monday night with some experts dealing with the power of sports for amputees. We talked about people who were homeless and we're Heading Home with Danielle Feria of that organization, the CEO of Heading Home, so they said. Marshy Crown talking about the power of what's for amputees with the State Fire Marshal Joe Davin with all the wildfires that were going on in Massachusetts, thank goodness, nothing like California. Talked with ACU weather meteorologist Brian Thompson about the nice Weather. Talk with DA Tim Cruz about a high profile arrest down in Plymouth County. We talked about the twenty four race for president on Monday night for a couple of hours. We talked about college admissions with Greg Kaplan. On Tuesday night, talked with the Mess thep Air quality head Glenn Keith dealing with the smoke issues of some of these fires. Talk with GiB Hollander gen X starting businesses. Talked to doctor Lee Richardson about haunted houses and scary movies. Talk with c J. Lecont Leconte about Question four. He's a yes on psychedelics. Young man West Point graduate who had some difficulties in the military. Talk with Emerson College poster Spencer Kimball, and then I was asking a question, how has the Donald Trump has been able to survive all of this and is so close to winning? On Wednesday night, I talked with Lyndia Downey of the Pine Street in about socktober, getting socks for people who are out in the cold. Talked with Nicole Spencer about a wall of heroes down in Massterby. Talked with doctor Serena Patil of MGH about food allergies and talk with Sabrina lemb on the Boston Globe about Halloween costumes. Talked with Dave Paleologus, a great poster about the twenty twenty four presidential race. Talk with Rachel Person, a realtor, about haunted houses in advance of Halloween, and at eleven o'clock talked about how did the country come together? How did we come together as a country. I'm not all that optimistic. Talk with Heather hop Bruce about Boston archaeological discovery she writes for the Globe. Talk with the great great grandson of Emily Post about business etiquette Daniel Post Summings sendings. Talk with Jennifer Seffert about pumpkins for peaks, Caitlin Quan about dance tutorials and murals on the sidewalks of Brookline. Talk with doctor Charles Geisler Ziesler Brigham and Women's Hospital about turning the clock backwards an hour and what that does to our circadian rhythm. To continue to talk about sleep patterns, and then we talked about last night for an hour and a half. About closings of supermarkets around Massachusetts and closings of big stores across America, thousands of stores across America have closed in the last year. And tonight we talked with doctor Michelle Deblassie about the seasonal effective disorder that's related to the clerks that are turned back. Jenny Johnson and Taste the Boston a new book mark shield drew up of Triple A about the evening commutes on Monday. Be careful on Monday. There'll be more accidents on Monday because all of a sudden, the sun has changed on Monday night, going home and talk with Laurel Houston about politics and a dating deal breaker that's for sure. And then had a bit of a discussion conversation tonight on question four with doctor Nasir Game, a psychiatrist who's opposed to question for in Emily one Shark and navy vet who is in favor of question for this is the psychedelic question. Talk with John Zogby last hour and then a great friend national pollster, and raised the question of whether or not Donald Trump would be smart to get Nikki Haley out of the campaign trail. Now at eleven o'clock, here's what I want to do. I want to hear from people who are committed one way or the other. I don't care whether you're voting for Trump. I don't care if you're voting for Harris, it doesn't matter. But if you are voting for one of them and then your gut you're really nervous, I'd like to know why. Okay, So I don't care who you're voting for. I just want to know how confident are you in who you are supporting. That's the question. We're going to get right to the call. So we're going to start off with Rochelle from Weymouth. Rochelle, you're a holdover from last hour. You can comment on Nicky Haley on the campaign trail or we're talking about this hour. Go ahead, Rochelle.
Speaker 3: Yeah. I don't think Trump will turn to Haley because I think that for like the one or two percentages of the vote, I don't think that he would see it as worth it to appear with Nikki Haley at this point at his at his rallies, because firstly, I think that she'd be booed off the stage and that that would be kind of an ugly scene so close to the election.
Speaker 2: Okay, fine, I assume you're a Trump.
Speaker 3: Voter, right, Yeah, I wouldn't do that, but there's people that would I know that also he would he would have to give her some kind of a cabinet position. And I don't think that he trusted her.
Speaker 2: I don't think he would have to.
Speaker 3: I think that I think he'd have to give her something.
Speaker 2: And I don't think she says she's not holding it out as a quid pro quote. So let me ask you, you are going to vote for Trump. Are you pretty confident he's going to win?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 3: I think. Look, it looks close right now. I think it's going to break eyes away and it's not even going to be close. But my gut, I believe it is Trump. I see the polls trending in his way. And also I think that that the American people. But you know, people are thinking enough is enough. People are tired of the gas, electricity, fuel housing.
Speaker 2: You don't need to.
Speaker 4: Make the campaign speech.
Speaker 3: So I understand, I understand.
Speaker 2: And I'm not looking for campaign speeches. I'm just looking for, as I said, what your thoughts are? You know, last hour on Nikki Haley, you gave them that to me. But we're not looking for campaign speeches. I just want to know who you're supporting, and clearly Trump is a Trump supporter, and you're confident. So that's good.
Speaker 3: Yeah, confident. I'm not saying there's no anxiety. I mean, it's an election. Everything's on the line.
Speaker 2: But so you've got a little anxiety. You got a little anxiety, not a lot.
Speaker 3: Not a lot. But I'm praying about it. And you know, you read the Bible or you.
Speaker 2: Turn to Okay, let's I'm not going to buy. I'm not going to the Bibles tonight. Rachelle. I've got to go to the next calle. Thank you so much, appreciate it. Sandra, you held on as well. I want to accommodate you. Go ahead, Sandra. Who you're voting for and how confident are you?
Speaker 5: Instead of Nikki Hayley, I think he should turn to Danica Patrick.
Speaker 6: I heard the.
Speaker 5: Most amazing little speech that she gave out in Las Vegas. I didn't realize this, but Danica Patrick has never voted.
Speaker 2: Yeah I hear I heard her say that. Yeah yeah, I mean she's building her career as a race car driver, right, yeah.
Speaker 5: Yeah, she was. She had never bothered to register and had never voted in any elections. And I was sort of astonished to hear that. But then She gave a very what I would describe as an authentic speech out in Las Vegas, and one of her best lines is, book you don't have to go to dinner with the guy.
Speaker 7: To you know.
Speaker 5: He's gathered some good people around him and he's going to make America great again.
Speaker 2: So you're going to vote from How confident are you? Sandraw? My question this hour is are you confident or do you have some butterflies?
Speaker 8: Well?
Speaker 5: I have butterflies that Kamalam, you know, if she does win, will not be the real person running the show. I mean, I have the feeling that they are. All of these handles.
Speaker 2: My question on a scale of zero to ten, you're going to vote for him, and I know that he's not going to carry Massachusetts. But in a scale of zero to ten, how much confidence do you have that he will win?
Speaker 5: I just don't know, Dan, I mean, I know that it depends on whether you know. I do believe there could be some cheating, and I believe that the last time in twenty twenty. So I'm one of those people who have actually seen it happen in Massachusetts, so I know it does happen, and I am very concerned about that. I feel that he really.
Speaker 9: Has to.
Speaker 5: Focus in these last days, and I just hope that people like dan Ka Patrick.
Speaker 2: Ti all right, but cut you down. You're a Janika Patrick fan. Okay, Thanks, Sandra, thank you so much. One by you too, have a great one. Okay, good night. So not a Nikki Haley fan, but a Danica Patrick fan. Okay. So I think you guys are getting the gist of what I'm trying to do here. I want to hear from whether you're a Harris supporter or a Trump supporter. I don't know how anybody can be confident, but I suspect that some of you are. And this is just a different way to get in a different We're not doing a poll here. We did our last poll last Friday night, and of course the only poll that counts is the one that they take on Tuesday, So that's the issue. I think it's a good question. I'd love to hear from you. Feel free to join the conversation, especially if you're a new caller. I would love to hear from you, and again this week. If you've called earlier, you have a hall passed six, use it six one seven. The only line open right now is six one seven nine back on Nightside right after this.
Speaker 1: It's night Side Boston's news radio.
Speaker 2: We got Neil and water down. Neil, You're next on nights Side. Love to know who you're voting for and how confident are you that your candidate will win?
Speaker 7: Well? I voted early. I voted for Kamala Harris. Okay, I'm not really that much of a political person, but I think it's important that everyone votes.
Speaker 2: Yep.
Speaker 7: But if I may, I hope this is your Maine.
Speaker 2: It is to be favored before we get your Maine here. How confident are you that your candidate's going to win?
Speaker 7: Well, I don't know, and I wouldn't really call her my candidate, but I think, okay, that's fair enough.
Speaker 2: So you're you're not confident, but that's fine. Go ahead. What what did you you wanted to Oftentimes you'd like to say something a little different than right ahead.
Speaker 7: Well, I voted against Donald Trump because I fear of losing the country if I'm wrong. I know you've said that the United States is too strong for that.
Speaker 2: Oh, absolutely in my opinion, in my look.
Speaker 7: But it's a ree, But I still have the fear. I mean, maybe I'm I.
Speaker 2: Have irrational fears too. I mean, look, everybody has a rational fear. Some people they walk into a dark room and they hear a board creek day of fear.
Speaker 7: Okay, but January sixth did happen, and there's a there's a conservative senator from uh, Pennsylvania. I forget his name. He's large conservatively. So when that happened, Donald Trump became unacceptable. There are people who had never voted for but there is.
Speaker 2: No conservative senator. By the way, the two senators from Pentsylvania.
Speaker 7: He's not senator anymore, and I regret I can't remember his name, saved them. He was a article about Liz Cheney and why she won't vote for Donald Trump even though she's an arch conservative, and just at that point he for me. He became honest.
Speaker 2: It got a little personal with Liz Change, but it got it got pretty personal with Liz Change. But you said you wanted to talk about something that wasn't Germaine. You go right ahead.
Speaker 7: No, I thought that was Germaine, because I thought because you wanted people, you wanted people to say how much how confident you were, And.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you answered that question. No, you answered that question very clearly. You said that you're voting for Harris, but you really don't know.
Speaker 7: And uh no, that's I mean, Harry Truman wasn't supposed to be a great president, but when he got the chance, he became a good one. Right, And is that accurate?
Speaker 2: Well, I think that he's he's listed amongst the better presidents. Yes, and I and I think that Harry Truman, you know, had been I think Roosevelt's third vice president, and he was sort of considered a habit dasher from from Missouri. And uh and with the story, I remember what Harry Truman was when he and his wife, uh and his wife Beth, they left the White House, they drove home to Missouri. I mean, it's it's it boggles the mind to think that, you know, they basically, I guess we're staying at motels along the way. I don't even think he had secret service when he left the White House.
Speaker 7: But I hope all people good well do well. And don't they surprised me? And that's that's great.
Speaker 2: And sure you give everybody a chance. Absolutely, I couldn't agree with you more. Neil, thank you much, as always, always good to hear your voice. Interesting, You're an interesting caller, my friend, and I mean, thank you, have a great night. We're gonna keep on rolling. He're gonna go next to Mark, who is from Cambridge Central Square. Actually, Mark, welcome to Nightside.
Speaker 6: How are you my call again?
Speaker 2: You're welcome. You go right ahead. What's who are you going to vote for?
Speaker 6: I voted Arlie Honey voting, and I voted for Johnald Johnald Trump. Stud Okay, I'm profident.
Speaker 4: I gotta I say on the scale, I'm gonna go with nine.
Speaker 2: Really, that's goo.
Speaker 6: You have to keep a mall shut some of the call me temate. That's all.
Speaker 4: Yeah, all right, I'm gonna keep it short and simple tonight, Jed.
Speaker 2: Thank you, Thanks Mark, and I really do appreciate it. And you have hit exactly what I was looking for. I don't care what the result is. I don't care if you if someone's wating for Harris or Trump. I just am trying to figure out what is the confidence factor here, because clearly, when you say you're a nine, that's pretty damn confident.
Speaker 4: Thanks Mark, Thank you, have a good night.
Speaker 2: You too, My friend talked to you soon. Okay, that's a great call. Let's keep rolling here. We've had a bunch of good calls. Bill is in Pennsylvania, Bill, welcome back?
Speaker 10: How are you good to be back? I was over in Italy, Dan, I took your advice and I went to see Italy.
Speaker 2: Did you really? Where'd you go?
Speaker 6: I went?
Speaker 10: I flew into Milan and uh stayed there for a few days. And I got on the train and went up up to a ski town I used to ski and when I was young, town called bore Me. It's in the Vatalina Valley. Yeah, it was a good time because there was nobody around and I can't get up real high. I got up to about eight thousand feet hike and I was just hiking around and you know the bite does they call them bike?
Speaker 6: Does?
Speaker 10: The cabins up there? They were still man so you could duck in there and get some food. And it was wonderful. It was a kind of a solitude thing and it was good for my brain.
Speaker 2: Well, I wish that you would come on the trip with us. We went to Rome in the Mouthea Coast in early August, and it was a good trip. And we'll do another one maybe next year, and maybe you'll join us on that one.
Speaker 10: Okay, I'd love to I'd love to meet you in person sometime. Dan, Hey, I can only tell you what's going on here in Pennsylvania. Yeah, excuse me. First of all, did you hear the comments by our sender, John Siderman about three days ago?
Speaker 2: Yeah, he said that I'm going to parafe here. By the way, the senator that I believe that Neil was referring to is Pat Toomey, former Republican senator from Pennsylvania a few years ago. I think that's who he was referred to. Fetterman said that that Trump really has a significant amount of He said something like that, if you have a better, more accurate quote, I'd love to hear it.
Speaker 10: Well, basically, John said that that he's seen he's never seen enthusiasm like this, and it exceeds what what the enthusiasm when in twenty sixteen was Okay, that's the first thing. The other thing is it just came out yesterday in the local in the local press, and I believe it was Philadelphia, MUCKs County and Chester County down there. Okay, Yeah, both underperforming and the fact that in the Republican early vote in those two counties, twenty one percent of the early vote in Bucks County and Chester County, in and around Philadelphia, the city of your brother in love, Okay, twenty one percent were brand new voters.
Speaker 2: I don't know how do you read that?
Speaker 10: I don't know how they do it, but anyways, no, no, how do.
Speaker 2: You read Assuming that figure is accurate, I'll accept that figure of like first time voters. What does that tell you?
Speaker 10: It tells me that people are completely disgusted with Biden Harris and they're gonna get off their butts and vote. And the last, the last thing, the last angle that nobody's talking about. There are thousands and thousands of young girls in Pennsylvania to participate in sports. Alls we've heard is the argument on the other side about the abortion people are taking for granted, Dan, that a mother okay, with a daughter, okay, does not care who who the daughter is playing against, whether it be a you know, and the other thing about you know, the way they let them let them come into their to their showers and everything. Then that that angle is not being played at all, but it's being played the suburban. The suburban mothers, okay, are really tied up in a lot of their daughter's sports.
Speaker 11: Soccer.
Speaker 2: Yeah, oh, no, Yeah, I believe me. I coached sports uh in uh in a suburb of Boston for many years, so I know how firm how strongly people feel about that. We'll have to see. I mean, if if Trump were to carry Pennsylvania, Uh, the belief is that that wins the presidency for him, because he if he carries Pennsylvania, he doesn't.
Speaker 10: I think he's gonna Wisconsin. I've always as soon as I got but back formidably and uh, and I'm confident I think that uh, you know, the press has been so unfair okay about uh, the whole thing. But I heard you say this, I think a while back in the end, Okay, if Kamala loses, you're going to see I mean if the finger pointing inside the Democrat part, it's already started, it's already started.
Speaker 11: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Well, I mean I think that the question will be why did we get rid of Biden? Because obviously Biden, although he's four years older, does have the track record of having won the twenty twenty election. And I think that I think that that that they may there may be again assume seeing how there was if it works out for the Democrats and Harris wins everyone's going to say, well, that was brilliant. We picked a candidate who could beat him. Uh if if she loses or if Trump wins. To put another way, I think there's going to be a lot of recriminations within the Democratic.
Speaker 10: Party in my opinion, and I'm with you. I'm with you all one hundred percent. Dance if Kamala wins. I'm a Trump supporter. But if Kamala wins, the country is not going to completely fall apart. But what's going to happen is we're going to have another extension of the Biden administration for the next four years.
Speaker 12: And then I.
Speaker 10: Would say that that's when the tide is really going to change against the Democrats.
Speaker 2: We'll see, We'll see. So, so you're Trump and you're.
Speaker 10: Confident, right, Yes, I'm very very confident.
Speaker 2: In scale of zero to ten, my friend Mark and Cambridge said he's a nine. Were you not zero to ten?
Speaker 6: Right?
Speaker 10: Most probably an eight. I mean, anything can happen, you know, anything.
Speaker 2: Under no absolutely, And look, there could be a mistake made this weekend. Who knows. I mean, there could be a mistake made either way. I mean, we've seen in the last few weeks the comedian New York abject stupidity that the Trump campaign didn't vet that guy. And then Joe Biden turns around and makes an equally ignorant comment. And his comment is from the President of the United States talking about Trump supporters as being garbage and so.
Speaker 10: And it's going to be a long night. It's going to be a real long night, Dan, because the Supreme Court today ruled in favor of the Democrats. As far as you know, you gotta have rules, okay, And one of the rules is when you put that ballot, the mail in ballid inside the envelope that goes you know, on the inner intervice, it has to be sealed. They're saying, now, oh no, it can come in unsealed and it'll still count. And it can come in with a wrong date on it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that that was. That was a what's what's called the procureum decision, meaning there was no written decision. It was basically it upheld what the Supreme Court in Pennsylvania. I believe that Gorsich wrote some sort of a statement on It wasn't even what you consider to be a dissent, but it wasn't like it was a six to three or five to four decisions, So court disposed of that night.
Speaker 10: It's going to be a long night, cow bill.
Speaker 2: Thank you much, chow okay, yeah, now, using a little bit of your Italian Italian lingo. That's good, except a great night. Here comes the news at the bottom of the hour. We got a half an hour left. Karen, Jeff, Maria, Jimmy. You're all set. We got two lines at six, one, seven, two, five, four, ten thirty. Who are you voting for on Tuesday or who have you voted for? And how confident are you that you got to win, that you're that you're riding a winning horse. That's my question.
Speaker 1: Coming back on Nightside, Night Dan night Side with Dan Ray on WBS, Boston's news radio. It's night Side with Dan Ray on Boston's news radio.
Speaker 2: All right, let's keep rolling here. I gotta go to Karen out at Leminster. Karen, you are next on Nightside. Get my my mouse working here and to be able to pull up Karen phone me, please, would you? Noah? Here we go, I got it. Go ahead, Karen next on Nightside.
Speaker 13: Yes, I just wanted to say that I am fairly confident about eighty percent that Trump is Donald Trump is gonna win, and I all I base my opinion on two things. I think that a lot of people are tied. You know, it's because of the economy not being good and because the people, especially seniors and people you know with anicass a lot of people just having trouble making ends meet each month, and a lot of things going to immigrants. Now some of them rightly deserves some of the things that get because they've just come into the country, but it seems as if they're getting more than we are often. But another reason I think he's going to win is the historical reason. I think this election is going to be a lot like the election and I don't remember all of it of nineteen eighty in that a lot of you know, Reagan one, and for the same reason because there was some problems with the economy. And I think some Cubans are coming in around that time.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you had the Marrior, you had the marry. There is the Mariial boat lift which Castro had imposed us, which was considered to be a weakness. Of course, Jimmy Carter had the the the Iranian hostage crisis with Yeah, that was well, and then he had he had done that speech where he talked about America was in an economic malaise and he almost was blaming the American people as opposed to his own administration. And yeah, there are some similarities there. And you had a lot of inflation and unemployment. And by the way, today you had a jobs report. They expected one hundred and twelve thousand new jobs and the number was only twelve thousand. That was really a tough number for the Fime administration.
Speaker 13: Yeah, but the only other thing I want to say was that there were a lot of people that were in the Senate and Congress that were both that were voted out. Yeah, there was, Yeah, similar thing happened this time.
Speaker 2: Oh. I think that that the Republicans will pick up a seat with Governor Jim Justice down in the Joe Mansion seat in West Virginia. He's the last of a breed of Democrats. Mansion sort of a moderate Democrat has been washed away. John chet Tester, who's a very reliable Democratic vote but sort of a more moderate guy from Montana. I think he's in trouble. I think Sherid Brown might be in trouble in Ohio with a guy named Bernie Marino, who by the way is originally from Massachusetts. Uh, he worked, he worked in the the autible. He was a car sales guy up here. And apparently he has opened up a bunch of had enough money to open up a bunch of car dealerships in Ohio designed to stand that. So we may have a massive we have an Oklahoma transplant here as a senator from Massachusetts. We might have a Massachusetts transplant as a senitor down in Ohio. We'll have to see how that. There's no guarantee there. Also, the Republicans could pick up a Senate seat in Minnesota, or rather in Michigan and possibly even Wisconsin. But again that's those are those are not favored. But I think the Republicans will have they will take control of the Senate. Well, they can hold the houses another question as well. So there's a lot going on. There's a lot of moving parts. We're going to have great coverage here on WBZ on Tuesday night.
Speaker 13: Well, thank you very much, and.
Speaker 2: Karen, thank you. Always think hear your voice, appreciate the call, Have a great night, good night. All right, let's keep rolling here. We're going to go next to let me see. Oh yeah, Maria in Plymouth Home, Maria, Welcome back to Night's side. How are you, hi, Maria?
Speaker 14: Thank you?
Speaker 2: So who are you voting for? And how confident are you?
Speaker 9: I have a strategy I was one that may my help people who haven't decided as ifs this is anybody who's in there at state.
Speaker 10: I think of it like this.
Speaker 9: You vote Republican, then we have Democrats in there now, so go Republican, go back and forth. It's kind of like a ballast to keep the country up right, I think it instead of going too far to one side, you cannot balance it out in Besides that, uh, Trump, after this year, he won't be run again. You can be sure of that. If he gets elected, he'll have If he gets elected, he'll do his four years. He's done. On the other hand, if Harris gets elected, there's a good chance she could be in there for eight years. I think it's good that in four years that she'd be able to run in Ah, you know, start from the start from the beginning like everybody else, instead of halfway through the race, and get her chance then in four years and see that people still really water.
Speaker 2: Okay, So if he gets what is your what's your percentage?
Speaker 9: Of support for I think I'm going to go seven.
Speaker 2: Okay, so not quite.
Speaker 9: Yeah. I think the Democrats get in. They're going to change the numbers on the Supreme Court. They're also going to change the way the voting has done. Popular to a popular vote, and I don't know that the that it's going to work out for the country.
Speaker 2: Well, we will see, We will see, Maria. Thank you very much. Interesting arguments, interesting reasons, and you answered my question. So you have a confidence level of about seventy percent. Sounds all right. Thanks, stay with us on Tuesday night. We'll give you great coverage, I promise you.
Speaker 9: In any case, in any case, we're going to have somebody new. That's the way it is.
Speaker 2: I do think a lot of people are ready for someone new. I don't think zipped out about that. Thank you, Marie.
Speaker 9: I think a lot of people are ready for it to be done.
Speaker 2: Doctor lad. I have a great night, can act. All right, let's keep rolling here. Where are we going to go next? Hey, let's go to Jeff up in Portland, Maine. We got a bunch of states tonight. Pennsylvania, I think we had, uh, well, California, Pennsylvania. I think we might we had one. Yeah, we got an Ohio coming up. Jeff in Portland, Maine. Hi, Jeff, how are you hey?
Speaker 6: It's been Uh this is the latest I've ever talked to you in in an election cycle for the first time and interesting.
Speaker 2: Well, I'm glad you finally got around to it.
Speaker 6: Well, I just you know, you know it was you and I have never been combative, and you know you've stated, I've stated that we're pretty close to polar opposites, but side with me.
Speaker 2: I like I I have more friends who disagree with me politically privately. But yeah, you go right ahead.
Speaker 6: So I mean I missed you in uh Manchester in uh twenty I was over with Bill wondering what happened to us.
Speaker 2: But well in twenty twenty, wait a second, twenty twenty we had a presence up in Manchester. We did not have a physical presence in Manchester.
Speaker 6: This time, right right, And I've been too busy to even touch things politically.
Speaker 2: So talk to me then about who are you going to vote for? And how confident are you that you vote is for a winner?
Speaker 6: Right question for you? Do you know what the Junior States of America is?
Speaker 2: The junior state.
Speaker 6: Junior States of America. It is one of the largest political organizations in the country, believe it or not.
Speaker 2: And it's not familiar with it, but tell us about it.
Speaker 6: Like it's basically the elected school, president's vice presidents, treasurers.
Speaker 2: The kids that are okay, fine, okay, yeah, okay, yep, this high school or.
Speaker 6: College, no high school. And they actually have conventions through the year, through the midterm years, and the president presidential election. Yes, And in twenty and sixteen they voted, you know, just a straw vote, and it came down fifty one forty nine Hillary. In twenty and twenty it came down sixty five, thirty five Joe Biden. This year seventy five, twenty five Kamala Harris. They were the ones that bought six million tickets to the Trump rally where six thousand people showed up.
Speaker 2: Okay, so we have a lot of interesting information. I got a lot of people who want to participate. I'm assuming you voted for Harris. Why don't you tell me how confident you are that she will win.
Speaker 6: Well, I'm voting for Harris on Tuesday. I'm actually going to show up on voting day.
Speaker 2: Good for you, Good for you. Okay, and how common you are you when to scale us, say zero to ten.
Speaker 6: I'd say with gen Z and the female vote, I would put it at eighty percent.
Speaker 2: Eighty percent. Okay, that's good. That's a pretty healthy confidence level. Great. I just got to keep rolling here, because as fascinating as the statistics of high school kids voting whatever, I guarantee you will not be seventy five twenty five. I think they were pretty close on Hillary. That group of students were pretty close on Hillary and Trump in twenty sixteen. Not so close on Biden. They overstated for Biden. I think they're way over for Harris. But that's interesting. I got to run. Thank you much, Jeff. We'll talk soon. Okay, call it that YouTube. Bye bye. I'm gonna take a break. We got everybody coming up. We got Jimmy, we got Laurie, we got Rick, we got Paul. Would love to have you one one line at six one seven.
Speaker 1: It's Night Side with Dan Rayy Hey, Dan, WBZ Boston's news Radio. Now back to Dan Ray live from the window World night Side Studios. I'm WBZ News Radio.
Speaker 2: We got full lines. Going to ask everybody since all of you called late, to be as quick as you can't. Starting off with Jimmy and Holberg. Jimmy, who are you going to vote for? And how confident are you that you have a winner?
Speaker 6: Hi?
Speaker 12: Dan, I'm eight year old Mille. This is my first time voting in like twenty years maybe longw Wow. So I'm actually voting for Trump? Okay, I'm I'm I'm not sure. If i'm I'm about eighty percent, I'm not sure. Like all the stuff that's going on, like we don't know if he's gonna win. Even if it's like I don't know, i'd say, yeah, everyone keeps saying that he can't win Massachusetts. Yeah, we have like Republican governors all the time. How do they win? I don't mean he found dumb. I don't know a lot about No.
Speaker 2: No, no, well, no, they're more they're different. They're different than than Trump's stylistically, what's.
Speaker 4: That are the Democratic Democratic Republicans?
Speaker 2: No, I know, I think that there's a difference between Charlie Baker, Paul Salucci, Bill Weld. They're more fiscal conservatives. They're more more liberal on social issues, but they're fiscal conservatives. And you know, I think that you that it's a different. It's a different breed of Republican up here. The tradition of the Republican Party. We have at Brook as a US senator for many years, a couple of terms, Leverett, Salton, starle you go back, and they're sort of the the establishment of Republicans, country club Republicans and Donald Trumps anything but a country club Republican, although he owns a few country clubs. So that's the example there. Your vote for John Deeton or Elizabeth Warren.
Speaker 6: I once for John Deaton.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I would expect so I think that you know, deeton is is sort of a more moderate Republican. He he claims he's a baker.
Speaker 6: I'm a big fan of Elizabeth Warren.
Speaker 12: I don't know much about Join the club.
Speaker 2: Join joined the club, Jimmy, if you listen to my show, you know how I feel about about Elizabeth Warren. Gotta run, jim do me a favorite, come on back more off and will you will have some great conversations. I promise, Thank you, all right, I got you down. Let me go to Paul and Ohio. Paul next on night Side, Who's going to win the Senate race in Ohio?
Speaker 4: Paul, Well, I'm hoping for Bernie Marino, But just like with the mainstream media is lying and there's just enough people that might be listening to him. That's what I'm afraid of. But formerly from Lynn, I talked to you a couple of times before. Still love it out here, and I vote actually counts. I'm pretty sure Trump's gonna win. But again, there's no way any of these polls are telling the truth.
Speaker 2: Okay, so how much so you're gonna vote for Trump? Yep? So what what's your what's your confidence level winning?
Speaker 4: I say about seventy fair enough? Okay, it's it's gonna be tighter than I than I think.
Speaker 6: I hope.
Speaker 2: Well, we're gonna see. We will see Tuesday night, let's see what happens. By the way, Bernie Marina was also originally a Massachusetts guy, lived up.
Speaker 4: In dan I heard that. Yeah, yeah, how about to have some rumors about him being a shady card deal of it? Sharon Brown out here?
Speaker 2: Well, yeah, look, you know what are they are? They all card dealers. I think a lot of card dealers are great people, but certainly there were superior. There was that stereotype of the car dealer, you know, all of that sort of thing.
Speaker 4: But yeah, yeah, exactly.
Speaker 2: But hey, Paul, look I got three more I gotta get you. I'll give you more time next time. Thank you for calling. Become more of a regular caller. I always loved here for folks in Ohio.
Speaker 4: Thanks all right, thank you, all right, you.
Speaker 2: Too, Thank you, Rick, Bill Ricord Rick next a nice. I go ahead, We got to be quick, Rick.
Speaker 8: Yeah, no, I'll give you some point as the new chime in afterwards are the first of all. A lot of people calling in talking with speeches like Trump's gonna but you know, win by a big landslide. I don't think that's the case. I'm nervous. I'm going to vote for him, but it could be a fifty. I'm gonna say fifty to fifty, and I will say the arrogance.
Speaker 7: We didn't.
Speaker 8: We voted for him instead of Hillary because Hillary was arrogant and a few years back, you know, eight years ago.
Speaker 2: Yeah no, let me tell you this, nobody could beat Hillary on the arrogance level.
Speaker 8: Yeah exactly. And no red wave two years ago. Remember Hannity was saying red wave, No, no red wave. Two years ago.
Speaker 2: They were a ripple. It was a ripple.
Speaker 8: Exactly exactly, and so just gather the gather your your your forces together, get a ruby on Niki. Of course he should do that, and he won't because he's He's Eric. That's about all I can tell you. And he's got O RFK now backing him. But a lot of people don't like him. I like RFK. He's one of the royalty. He's political royalty. I hope people say, hey, you know, but well, but got it you weaken you.
Speaker 2: Too, Rick, Thank you so much for calling. We'll talk soon, Okay, dot you next week. Laurie in Idaho, Laurie, welcome back. How are you?
Speaker 13: Thank you?
Speaker 14: I got dumped before I could get back in. Well, see, I'm still Trump, and I am more nervous than I've ever been. I don't know if I can put a percentage on it. I hoped it was it paleog if you had on tonight.
Speaker 2: Uh no, no, No, it was John Zogby Doby.
Speaker 14: Okay, Well, I know he said he he took care of the percentage of the Republicans that didn't talk to polsters. But I'm hoping that percentage is higher than he judged. So I'm nervous. I'm I'm a sixty percent and hope hopefully a little bit better than that.
Speaker 2: But not who's going to Who's going to win the Montana Senate race? Next door to you.
Speaker 14: Guys, who's running again?
Speaker 10: Is it Tester?
Speaker 14: And whom?
Speaker 2: Tester? And she maybe Seal and Tester's I think she's gonna Uh.
Speaker 4: I think Tess has been.
Speaker 14: There for a while, and he's been kind of right in the rails, and I think he's probably met some competition, so yeah, probably probably all right, Lauria, I.
Speaker 2: Got to make room for Glenn from thanks Laurie. All right, Glenn, we got thirty seconds for you. What do you got?
Speaker 11: I got Trump? I'm one hundred percent sure after who I'm voting for him anyway. After what happened on The View yesterday when Mark Cuban said conservative women are stupid and controlled by men, well, his boss is a conservative, Miriam Adelson, and I hope she he knows them. Don't let the door hit you with good Lord, split you.
Speaker 1: Well said fin on that one.
Speaker 11: We just sulted every woman that doesn't.
Speaker 2: I mean, it's crazy, it's crazy, the insults that are going around, and again, the intolerance, the arrogance of Mark Cuban knows no bounds.
Speaker 11: I mean, yeah, yeah, he's more arrogant than here. We Acoma will put together.
Speaker 2: I think you're right on that one. And I don't like the Dallas Mavericks. I'm a Celtics fan. All right, thanks Glenn, I got you down. You're the only one. You're the only one. What do I got left here? I'm coming up on thirty if I'm not mistaken, what do we give it to me? Quick?
Speaker 6: Noah?
Speaker 2: Thirty? Okay, I'm gonna wrap it up. Noah, nice job tonight, no doubt about that. Noel will get the podcast posted. I appreciate that, Noah. I want to thank everyone who called, everyone who listens back Monday night at eight o'clock. We got a great week coming up next week, a historic week coming up. Get some rest, we'll be ready to go. We'll give you the best coverage possible. I'm going to end tonight as always, I want to mention a friend of mine who's dog passed. George Reagan's dog passed, and he loved his dog like I loved my pal Charlie Ray. So again, hopefully they're up in heaven together, up and dog heaven. All dogs, all cats, all pets do go to heaven. That's Mike Pal Charlie Ray is along with George Reagan's dog who will be interred tomorrow at the cemetery here on Cape Cod. I just leave it like that, Thank you so much for listening. All dogs do go to heaven. That's where they all are. That's where all your dogs and pets are who passed. They loved you, you love them. I do believe you'll see them again. Thank you so much. Everybody, have a great weekend. Dan Ray for nights out to be on Facebook in a couple of minutes