Speaker 1: Here we go. Good morning, good morning, good morning, and welcome, welcome, welcome time now for our community connection right here on K one, the one you trust, and we have our friends in from American Counseling Service and kids. How are we doing today? We've got the sports spectac you are coming up.
Speaker 2: Good, thanks for having us.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, well tell you what. It's great. We've got to Kristen and Ben in again. And how are the tickets going?
Speaker 3: Ticket sales are going great. We're getting close to selling out.
Speaker 4: We've got a ton of sponsors and we're gonna pack the pack the center there at Hilton Learn.
Speaker 3: We're gonna pack it out.
Speaker 1: It only sells out, but sometimes it's like huh oh, one ticket left, go okay, somebody could go. You guys doing that, you're kind of anagling right now. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Sometimes we have sponsors that last minute they're out of town, they can't make it, and so we have some extra tickets that come available and we'll post that if it sells out, and then they come available before the event. But I would say hurry and get your tickets because we're a few weeks away.
Speaker 1: All right. Who's our special guest this year? Who's our speaker. Yes.
Speaker 2: So the keynote speaker this year is coach J. C.
Speaker 1: Hoait.
Speaker 2: She is the head women's basketball coach at Oklahoma State.
Speaker 1: All right, this is great. Now if we do have a couple of tickets that are our for sale, what's the going price on that?
Speaker 2: Yeah, seventy five dollars for individual tickets. Yes, it is a good price. You get dinner, you get all the things, silent, live auction speaker, and.
Speaker 1: You get to wear your school favorites. Yes, and you get and in good fun kind of josh with others. The spectacular is all about.
Speaker 3: Absolutely.
Speaker 2: We do have a special guest this year as well, along with the keynote speaker.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so yeah, I mean, I don't know, he's got probably the biggest head in the room.
Speaker 3: So Pistol Pete's going to join us this year. We're yeah to be there.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we're super excited. I think this is his second trip to Bortlesville.
Speaker 3: The last couple of weeks, so I got Yeah.
Speaker 2: We'rey excited to have him. And we also have the athletic director at Oklahoma State, Chad Wiberg, son of those Oklahoma State fans stack of the day to come out there's a lot of guests coming, so it's fun.
Speaker 1: Now, this is all wonderful, and this is all a great time, but it all goes to a great class and that's all for all the wonderful work that's being done out there at American. Tell us a little bit about this American story.
Speaker 4: Yeah, So Samaranan Counseling started in nineteen seventy four, as we are celebrating our fiftieth anniversary this year.
Speaker 3: It was started out by several.
Speaker 4: Different pastors within our community that felt like there was a need for a single place for individuals to go to receive pastoral.
Speaker 3: Care and it just kind of grew from there. The need, the need grew.
Speaker 4: And expanded and we're able to provide quality individual care, counseling services to individuals.
Speaker 3: Family is marriage, all of the above, all of the above.
Speaker 4: Yeah, And so all of the funds that are raised through Sports Spectacular go back go directly towards the agency and give us the ability to be able to provide quality, affordable care to individuals.
Speaker 1: And that's great because every community needs something like this and for many people in need of that kind of help, that's their lifeline. Yes, and you know that everything's done very professional, very top notch, very confidential that you don't have to worry about anything. But you guys are kind of getting known for me a little cutting edge there. I mean, you're you're not comfortable. It's kind of resting on the laurels. You got to want to push forward to get the best treatment out.
Speaker 3: There available, definitely, so Covid.
Speaker 4: Covid kind of kind of made them push the envelope and they really stepped outside of their comfort zone started providing telemed services, so able to provide counseling services through Zoom, through video calls, telephone calls, those kinds of things, so they could still have that in person contact, but we're able to provide that support to anybody anywhere, you know.
Speaker 3: So we're super excited about that that continued opportunity.
Speaker 4: We're also looking at some new some new partnerships and adventures within within our community that.
Speaker 3: It's going to be pretty pretty cool, pretty cool.
Speaker 1: We'll just have to wait to turn the page on that one, because I understand it's still cooking now now. Christin, you're in charge of fun and games, I mean sorry, fundraising. I call it fun and games because every time you do put something together as American It's just a blast for the whole community.
Speaker 3: It is fun.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I like bringing the community together so for a good cause.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, indeed, and this is great. Now do we still have any sponsorship veils with this one?
Speaker 3: Yeah, we do.
Speaker 2: We will always take sponsorships, donations.
Speaker 1: Sponsorship if you have to correct.
Speaker 2: Yes, we can do that even if someone's not available to attend. Oftentimes that's a question that we get. I can't go, but I'd love to be able to support. We can still do those sponsorships and then you know, just not attend the event, but we can still use that as a donation online.
Speaker 1: And after the party's over, somebody still has you know, a couple of thousand.
Speaker 3: They've just been I'm.
Speaker 1: Just going to get in trouble with this. Can they call you?
Speaker 3: Absolutely? Yes.
Speaker 2: We always have the opportunity to donate on through our website and to call us at any point.
Speaker 1: Well, you know, this sports spectacular. I was told about this when I first moved to town five years ago. They said, this is just a dandy. I said, well, I kind of understand that folks are really into sports here in Oklahoma, especially at the college level, and they said, oh, oh, you you haven't lived until you've seen this. By god, they were right. But it is a lot of fun and you're going to see a lot of your friends there. You can also opportunity to meet the new people who come into the community. Absolutely.
Speaker 2: Yeah, this is our eighteenth year, so eighteen yes, wow, we guys are still young.
Speaker 4: The conversation always kind of comes back to we all thought it was just going to be kind of a filler for just a couple.
Speaker 3: Of years, and then it's eighteen years later, here we are, so, well, yeah, it's turned out to be a really cool thing.
Speaker 1: Isn't that kind of fun when we have like, I don't know, and the next thing, you know, it builds into something that we are. We're joined at the hip on this one. But you've always done a great job because it gets refreshed every year. Folks would say, well, if it's been around that long, it must be the same old thing. But you're rotate in speakers left and right, you get new faces and you get the new ways of presetting every time. Yeah.
Speaker 2: And I think one piece is what the silent auction live auction a way for local businesses to be able to interact and get their name out there as well and kind of tie that all together.
Speaker 1: Now, how does a Chilotte auction work? Is this online or in person or is it a little bit of both.
Speaker 3: We have it.
Speaker 2: We usually give teasers ahead of time so people know what to see, but it is in person and we have it opened from six o'clock when doors open all the way until about seven thirty when the speaking starts and we have some great items, and then we have maybe ten to fifteen live auction items as well, which is always.
Speaker 3: A lot of fun.
Speaker 1: Who's your auctioneer this year?
Speaker 3: So our auctioneers Rick Garrettson all are in South coffeevill So he's a childhood friend and I called him and he said absolutely, So we're looking forward to him joining us and giving us a hand this year.
Speaker 1: That's a talent. I can't I don't know how.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, our ag teacher in high school. We tried teaching us that our first year and he was the only one that got stuck. So has done really, really great with it enjoining us.
Speaker 1: You know, have the fun of going to an auction and just watching those guys and gals do the auction, yes, and then next thing you know you just accidentally sometimes on purpose buy something and that that's always good, especially when it's kind of like accidentally on purpose. Oh look at I got huh, got deal.
Speaker 2: We have a lot of things that groups can kind of come in together and get a good package. So a lot of times people sitting at tables with their friends kind of coordinate.
Speaker 3: Hey should we do this?
Speaker 2: So we have cooking classes and trips and.
Speaker 3: Unner Yeah, I mean to bring somebody along.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we do have some fun big things, so we'll try to announce those gift teasers ahead of time.
Speaker 1: Now, what's the website? I know it by heart, but not everybody does.
Speaker 2: Sure the event website is support Samaritan dot.
Speaker 1: Org very easy. Can't forget that one simple message, simple address and tell us a little bit more about Samaritan and what we do in the regular website that we can be fine to find all of the various we work to help people.
Speaker 4: Absolutely so, Samaritan Bartlesfield dot org is our website. Three three six fourteen sixty three is our phone number, and we're at two four five Southeast Madison, so right across the street from Sooner Park.
Speaker 1: Beautiful.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it really truly is.
Speaker 4: We are surrounded by beautiful old trees and it just keeps us.
Speaker 3: It creates kind of a really neat place.
Speaker 4: But like I said, we're able to provide individual counseling and child counseling, marriage couple and then we also do different workshops, different group meetings, those kinds of things. So we're very, very open to working with people in any way any capacity.
Speaker 1: Is there like a geographical circle where you anybody, anybody you can hear our boys.
Speaker 3: Yep interution her voice.
Speaker 4: We so a majority of the folks that we support are Washington, O, s Age, and Newada counties, but we have folks that travel from Southeast Kansas to see us. So yeah, we're we're we're here, we're available, and we're always always willing to listen.
Speaker 1: Just remember if you're from out of town, it's a scenic little piece of Bartlesville that's just unencumbered by a whole lot. You're gonna see a lot of green. Is going to be really peaceful when you approach. Guys are kind of spoiled out there, really a little bit, a little bit, a little bit, i'd say, But once again, when's the date for the big event?
Speaker 2: Saturday August twenty fourth.
Speaker 1: Boy, that's coming up fast.
Speaker 2: It is, yeah, six pm at the Hilton Garden.
Speaker 1: Alrighty can't miss it, folks. That is sports spectacular and it helps some Meritan counseling. Ben Christen, thank you both for being here. You guys are so good. Have come back next time when you got to other things cooking