Speaker 1: We're taking your calls on the LA Clippers right now.
Speaker 2: Is Clippers Talk on Aaron on Demand, the Clippers Show of Record, your chance to react to everything.
Speaker 1: Clippers Clippers news happens.
Speaker 2: Let me guess it's about Kawhi.
Speaker 1: Here we are and now.
Speaker 2: Here he is the host of Your LA Clippers three and postgame at follow Adam a Adam Ousley.
Speaker 1: Clippers lose one oh three to one oh one here and into a zone to a team that has now won ten straight on the road in the Oklahoma City Thunder, to a team that has the best record in the league and the MVP in SGA. I'm comfortable saying that even on a night where he went seven of twenty nine, they still the Thunder beat the Clippers, Your LA Clippers one o three to one oh one. I'm Adam Oslin's welcome into your postgame show. As we got some more sky is falling talk and fire this person. We're right back to that after the Clippers just had one of the most successful weeks but lost a club game to the OKC Thunder, who were fantastic tonight, even without SGA having a good game, even without Jdubb, even without Jet Holmgren. They're ten to zero in games without j dubb Now the other Jalen Williams. He went three of three from three, hit some huge shots four or four overall had twelve points and Aaron Wiggins had nineteen. Those are areas the game was lost tonight. James Harden just four or fourteen, six turnovers to eight assists, not good enough. Two turnovers down the stretch looking for eats zubats that were if if he had best passes ill advised at best passes, passes you can't make against this thunder team. Clippers made a lot of passes you can't make against a team this good. From early on in the ballgame, I saw they were trying for a lot of long outlet hit ahead passes and they were being intercepted or thrown out of bounce because, okay, see is different. They're the best defense in the league by a lot. They're great. You have to be more precise than the Clippers were. But this is where the game was lost. I set it in the first half. I set it at halftime if they lose the game. This is why the Clippers are up ten heading into the second quarter and Ben Simmons who looked very aggressive at times four or five with his eight points getting Downhill put it up Ben he did. He has a swooping layup, sidestepping Alex Caruso. In the first minute of the second quarter, the Clippers have a twelve point lead. Let me be as exact as possible here and go to the game log so I can tell you how long it took for them to give away a twelve point lead. You have a Hartenstein dunk bogey miss three, and Crusoe lay up on a runout bogey miss and an Aaron Wiggins layup. Clippers start one for five. Second quarter, Simmons offensive foul, another turnover, Norm turnover Wiggins three. Clippers are only up by three now Hartenstein put back, Kawhi turnover th under Ball pressure was suffocating as good as I had seen to start that second quarter. Clippers were also loose with the basketball at times and looked like they thought they were playing a different ball club, like they were still playing Memphis. Now this is okay. See that the best defense in the league by lot. That was as frustrating of a fifteen to oh run as I had seen, which took place where the Clippers from After that, Ben Simmons swooping layup to put them up thirty six to twenty four, Up by twelve at the eleven sixteen mark, the Clippers, by the let's see here seven to fourteen mark, would find themselves down thirty nine to thirty six, a fifteen oh run on them. In just over almost five minutes, they went from the eleven minute sixteen second mark to the let's see six fifty five mark at the second quarter without scoring a point. It would be a norm Pal three point or tied up. At thirty nine. They were incomplete control. They had some really bad turnovers and without Sga on the floor, they gave up a fifteen to zero run. That can't happen. That's where the game is lost. Kawhi wasn't very good during that time. He has to lead them. He had a terrible turnover, and the Clippers around him, in Ben Simmons, in Bogeye in Norm and a mere Coffee weren't good enough either. The Clippers were sloppy, they didn't execute well enough. I don't know who they thought they were playing right then, but this is the OKC thunder and you have to take care of the basketball better. Than they did, even with Sga off the floor, even a game without Jdubb, without Chet, That to me is the ballgame. Now. Did they have their chances late? Of course, you're down four heading into the fourth quarter, you're well within striking distance. It is a great back and forth, one of the better played ball games, at least from a high drama standpoint that we had seen. And late in the game, the Clippers, once again, just like in the second quarter, had some bad, bad turnovers. Okay sees up three midway through the quarter after a Caruso tough layup. After a timeout, a mere jumper put the Clippers back to within one. Aaron Wiggins finally missed a floater after having seven points to start the fourth quarter. Amir goes to the free throw line, misses the second. I believe, yeah, I think he hit both of those. Actually Sga fade away though, would have the Clippers down by one at ninety two to ninety one. Bogie airballed won where he was fouled. He had a rough ballgame in this one, surprisingly one of six h three from the outside. Zuke comes back in with the starters, but as DJ instead of done. Why because DJ was clamping Sga. At that point, Sga was one of nine against Derek Jones. Junior Kawhi has a great push shot on Carson Cason Wallace, excuse me, after he pushes him on the right block and just out muscled him. Shaye misses, but Harden has a turnover the other way, and that turnover in a game that tight down the stretch just can't happen. He forced it badly looking for Beatsa Zubas. In the role he has to make that pass, he does. The Clippers they were right there. He would have another turnover on an inbound pass to a Beatsa Zubats after a timeout in Ato. People are blaming coach Lou for that. That's on the players. James Harden has to be better there, right, That's what I saw. Clippers weren't good enough. normOn Powell another turnover looking for a beats zu Bots that was reviewed and a three pointer by Alex Caruso, who was one for six at the time of this shot, probably the biggest shot of the ball game in my mind. It happens with the one fifty four mark to put them up one hundred to ninety nine. Brutal after that you get the hard and turnover on the inbounds play on the near sideline or near side baseline looking for it, beats to Zoobots al screws Woll even missed a free throw credit the wall. Clippers are still only down by two. But then Derek Jones Junior misses a free throw on the other end, gives it right back, and then Norman Powell got a great look at a three pointer, missed it. Tip out from Zubots goes to Kawhi, dribbles down the clock, has a double team on him, takes a tough fallaway long two pointer doesn't go. Sga hits his free throws. Kawhi would have to intentionally miss the second one he does. Clippers run out of time with points six seconds left, and they lose one oh three to one oh one. Here to die Oklahoma City Thunder, but poor execution in key moments. We'll take a quick time out. We'll come back. We'll get your phone calls eight six six, nine eighty seven two five seventy eight sixty six ninety seven two five seventy. I'm out of Mosland and you're listening to Clippers talk. You're on N five seventy LA Sports Ah.
Speaker 2: And remember eat more Chicken the hell Clippers. You're listening to LA Clippers basketball, take us with you wherever you are on the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 1: Clippers lose one o three to one oh one hearing into a homes at the Oklahoma City Thunder, and everybody is just looking to blame one person. And the easiest guy to blame right now is Coach Lou because he's back and they lose their first game when he's back, even though logically it doesn't make a ton of sense. He didn't tell James Hard to throw those bad passes or Norm Powell. He didn't tell Norman Pale to not get back and guard Alex Grussol in a wide open three pointer on the far side corner. So you guys can play that game, but it's not for me. I'm going to bring up specific plays that have nothing to do with Coach Lou, like that's just they got to out execute late. There were miscues, it's a blown opportunity. I totally understand being frustrated, but I think making him the scapegoat in this game is just a complete oversimplification of what actually happened out there. Good news is Kawhi still look very good. I thought that fadeaway he had over two guys with the long two pointer was going to go. You guys are saying, well, that inbound was off an ATO from coach lou It's like, yes, do you think there's only one play on that ato to make? Like, first of all, you got to give some credit to Okay, see as well, you're the best defense by a wide margin. This stuff happens where guys get sped up, they're rushed, they have really bad turnovers, and then it's because of the accumulation of plays over forty eight minutes, because the ball pressure from OKC, the way they're giving you zero airspace. It's impressive, it really is. We'll take a quick time out, we'll come back. Clippers lose to the Thunder one oh three to one oh one. Tear it into a dumb They've still won eight of ten, guys, they's still been playing pretty darn good basketball. OKC is gonna win sixty five plus games this season. It's not the end of the world. It is one that stings because you were right there, because you played Sga even in his minutes in thirty seven minutes he was a plus zero. He was right at zero and he was seven or twenty nine from the field. I'm out of Maslim and you're listening to Clippers talk here on the Patriot amleven fifty throws.
Speaker 2: It up, the window, finishes in the fowl. Los Angeles Slipper Nation. This is your home for the LA Clippers. LA Clippers. Take us with you on the Ihearts radio app.
Speaker 1: Clippers lose one oh three to one oh one. People going after coach lou postgame. Alex Caruso hits a three pointer that was unguarded in the far side corner. That was the type of bounce that Kawhi got the Toronto Raptors against Philly. The Clippers hold the OKC thunder to one oh three, and people are like, why didn't Nico Batoum play more? For what reason? Exactly? For what reason? Their defense was spectacular overall, SGA was seven of twenty nine. I love Nico, but it's their offense that failed them, scoring just one hundred and one points. And you know why, because Okayc's really good.
Speaker 3: They have the best defense by a wide margin, and people are talking about why didn't challenge the foul on Sga.
Speaker 1: They called it out of bounds. It was a foul, but it was off of aviatsa zoobas and they called it out of bounds. The Thunder knew not to challenge it because it would have turned into a foul then on a viatza zobos. But because they called it out on OKC, Coachluke couldn't challenge it either. This wasn't on the rest. This wasn't on coach lou This is partially because OKAC is that good defensively and partially because the Clippers got sloppy to start the second quarter and then late in the ball game as well with some bad passes. They've won eight of ten. They easily could have won this game. Yes, but I think there's a lot of positives going around, and nothing's bigger than Kawhi Leonard looking like himself ten of twenty two of four from the outside, an efficient twenty five the ten boards, awesome. DJ's defense. The way they played defense on SGA in this game was incredible. Guys, they were so good. He went like one of ten or one of eleven against Derek Jones Junior, and people are saying what Nico should have been in over Derek Jones Junior. Late people are complaining about the late game lineup, and it's like, who are you taking out? Harden Kawhi zubots DJ, who's locking up SGA Norm who's one of the best fourth quarter players in the NBA. Who are you taking out? We'll take one more time out, lose one O three to one oh one at home to the OKAC Thunder and everyone's losing their minds. I'm out of Maasland and you're listening to Clippers talk. You're on the Patriot AM eleven fifty the Clippers.
Speaker 2: You're listening to LA Clippers Basketball. Take us with you wherever you are on the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 1: People are really saying the refs handed Okay, see this victory. I'm not going there. Let's see. The Clippers took twenty eight free throws. OKAC took twenty. I thought there were some interesting calls on Hartenstein. At times I thought the Clippers got a friendly whistle. Overall, there was one really bad no call underneath the basket late. Yes, SGA intentionally foul to eat the zoobots. They just called it out on Oka see instead that should have been in beats zoobots at the free throw line. But don't tell me the Clippers didn't have their chances to win this game. They missed free throws, they had three bad turnovers. Late, Caruso got an open look and okaysees defenses as advertised. It is that good. I give the ball to Kawhi every possession. I'm also seeing here on Clippers stuck on the YouTube side. They pretty much did, and then they doubled and trapped him, and then he'd find DJ in the short role. Like I don't know what game people were watching. They tried, They really did. He took the fade away long two pointer after Norm Pale missed it and Visa Zubas tips it out late, and I thought it was going into over a double team. But I get the frustration, guys. It's just there's another team out there as well. You gotta maintain perspective where the Clippers are at. They have won eight of ten. It sucks because they could have been in the sixth spot. This isn't necessarily the game I'm gonna be looking at at the end of the season if they're in the plan. There were much worse losses and way more inexcusable losses than this credit. Okay, see they win one o three to one oh one. But yeah, yes, the Clippers had their opportunities. They have to finish, they have to execute better. Hopefully they do on Wednesday in New York against the Knicks, tip off at four thirty. Before we get out of here, I do want to thank the Clippers organization. Ralph Lawler, Brian Seeman, Noah Egle, Carlo Jimenez on the call, Big Brother, Jake Warner, our head engineer, back here at into a Dome, Thanks Big Brom back in the bank, Daniel West, the callers, the listeners, satistician Joey. We will talk to you Wednesday at three point thirty with their pregame show, Clippers Taken on the Knicks in New York. I'm at a Maslin. We'll talk to you then.
Speaker 2: Guys, this has been Clippers Talk right here on your home for the LA Clippers Audio Network. Don't miss a single edition all season long after every game.
Speaker 1: The volume is truly impressive.
Speaker 2: And make sure to follow wherever you podcast for special offer editions. Clippers Talk.
Speaker 1: Maybe