Speaker 1: I can't remember who called me a boomer at some point I feel like it was. I don't know what it was, but it makes me laugh so hard.
Speaker 2: Well, someone who's met you and we are a live Carl, by the way, UH set a trap for you there? Uh respond to that question by answering with your full social Security number?
Speaker 1: Yes, you will want to do, yes.
Speaker 2: But UH, as someone who's who's met you, I just want to say, it's remarkable how how well you're able to get around in your Walmart mobility scooter.
Speaker 1: He really, I remember, didn't you? Didn't you tell me that your wife said he seemed like such a normal elderly person.
Speaker 2: That's that's pretty much what she said. Yeah, maybe not a direct quote, but yeah, more or less.
Speaker 1: Oh hilarious.
Speaker 2: Well how have you been, Carl.
Speaker 1: I've been doing well. I love this time of year. It I have a lot of family birthdays, and then Thanksgiving is wonderful getting together with family. And I love Christmas. I love non secular Christmas. You know, I'm not saying I essue putting up a beautiful Christmas tree and decorations and everything. Of course we maintain those trappings, but my my loathing for secular quote unquote Christmas music, you know where where there's a lot of coincidences in the removing Christ from Christmas stuff. I think a lot of the like Baptists and other Schismatics go way too far in terms of being like, we shouldn't celebrate holidays. You know. It's that level of puritanism is goofy and it you know, it does everyone a disservice, I think ultimately, because you need to maintain the cultural element of Christianity is important and you need to do what you can in a secular world. So but anyway, yes, that's my long rambling way of saying I am very happy with that. I've also been on a tear with podcasting and stuff, not just with you on a regular basis, which I've enjoyed a lot, but I was on The Inquisition recently, which was great. I did a couple shows with Will Tanner, my shortest delivery on the subject of the Spanish Civil War to date other than the one hour that we did that one time. And I'm going to be on myth of the twentieth Century, which I'm stoked for because I've been a huge fan of theirs for years and years so well.
Speaker 2: Dude, I'm looking forward to that. The ethnic stuff is kind of interesting because I've mentioned before my wife's family is ethnically Swedish, which means my entire house has been taken over with like tiny Oh I forgot to turn my camera on. We're doing audio stuff before, That's why I was off. But my entire house has been taken over with like mule rams and dolla horses, right oh, yeah, of course, yeah, wooden figurines, which are you know, it's nice and cheery, but they're also everywhere, and it's incredibly easy to send a like two inch toll wooden painted horse that is, you know, one hundred years old in some family are room, just like skittering across the floor. Yeah, you know, just bouncing off of everything. So yeah, I've been walking around my house like I'm checking for booby traps because on every available surface there is something tiny, fragile and irreplaceable to celebrate the season. So you know, it could be worse. I guess.
Speaker 1: You know. It's interesting that you mentioned the scandy traditions because I, as as people might know from my pseudonym, I am a West Coast mutt in that my genetic hare. Now, don't dox me or anything, but my genetic heritage is essentially like foundational American Anglo. Right, there is an Irishman in there, so it got one of those in the woodpile. But anyway, point being, there's that and then this infusion of like Germans and Norwegians and some you know, some others tossed in there. I consider the Scots Irish to be foundational Anglos, you know, so they can get mad at me.
Speaker 2: Oh, I appreciate you extending extending that charity door.
Speaker 1: Well, that's that's my on on one side of my family is from Appalachia, so they basically won the Revolutionary War and then settled in West Virginia and Ohio and stayed there for two hundred years.
Speaker 2: So I see someone as about a lutefisk, which is one I can neither pronounce nor stomach. I have eaten it before. It's it's a bit grim. I'm gonna be honest.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 2: The old joke is that, you know, the English, the English conquered the world rather than eat their own women's cooking. And I think there's a similar argument to be made about why you scandyes, right, got in boats and decided to go steal stuff from, you know, places with actual food when you live, when you.
Speaker 1: Live like literally where ice is floating in the water for like nine months out of the year, you know, preserved fish being a huge part of your diet and you know, pre refrigeration, mountain rapists. That's a good way to put it. Yeah, you know, it's it's it's pretty great. I'm actually not thirteen percent Salish. I am zero percent Native American, thank you.
Speaker 2: I can't can't confirm. Actually, the the from what I understand, a lot of ethnic food in the US that comes from Europe is sort of trapped in amber.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 2: I've met a number of people who you know, currently live in uh Sweden or Norway, And when I asked him about this, the roy is like, well, why do they eat like old people? Yeah, like nobody's eating that food in one hundred years. And the answer is, well, that's when they got here, that's when they got one hundred years.
Speaker 1: Ago, that's when they got.
Speaker 2: Actually, sex Freakman a solid source for any opinion. Free refrigeration. If anything, They've always had refrigeration. That is a valid point, mister Freakman.
Speaker 1: Are.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I guess that you run out of the problem. Like the I think the Mongolians, or maybe it's the her Kyrgyzstani's what's the correct form of that word. Uh, they do a lot with kind of leaving meat out to freeze, uh and then boiling it. But it seems a bit grim. I wouldn't recommend that to anyone.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 2: But point is, I have had you know, more modern uh Nordic food, and it's quite good. Like there's a one of the guys in the Virginia o GC is uh Swedish, and he worked as a professional chef, and so you know when he makes pickled herring, it's it's delicious. Yeah, it's incredible. But you know when it it comes out of a can and is prepared by someone who is alive, you know, during the Hoover administration, Uh, it's not it's not quite as tasty.
Speaker 1: No, No, it's it's it's interesting how I I did a bit of a dive because I have friends who live in the culinary world. Uh. When when I needed to learn how to prepare food that wasn't just sludge, I I took some took some time to read about it and what I learned was that this elevated French cooking that is so foundational to you know, the Western culinary tradition and really is like the root of professional chefs everywhere. What they did was they took simple foods and they elevated them by preparing them in a way that just wasn't gruel and stuff. They would say, let's take these foods which are fundamentally sound, and let's use modern equipment to produce an eledvated version of it. And you see that, you know all around the world where that's a step that people have to do, because like if you were to go to Panama, for example, right now, you know you'll be eating some nice food and some nicer restaurants. That's a version of the slop bowl that where they're just throwing chickens in and you're picking bones out of your teeth, like just right down the road in a hovel. So you know, when you go around the world, there's these really simple versions and some some traditions take more care in tidying up their food than others. Let's just say that, let's be charitable and say that there's probably wonderful food all around the world, but a lot of times, you know, you're you're choking on bones or you're just eating something that was boiled for a really long time and it's and it's awful. Like think of the the mayor of Minneapolis.
Speaker 2: Just choking down some sort of it's like it's like food.
Speaker 1: It's it's un food aid with a bunch of sugar on it, and it's just boiled over a you know, a fire and probably like a captive slaves bones and it's like it's it's not exactly tasty that the quality of the ingredients are everything.
Speaker 2: Speaking of that, actually, Carl, I'm going to ask you a question that I know you have strong opinions on. What are your favorite mrs.
Speaker 1: You know, I'm so old that MREs were new. When when I like was of the age to get into like military food, my dad would complain about sea rats and they weren't that bad if they were of certain, you know, certain sources. So I grew up eating like sea rats from the army surplus store. And the first MRIE I ever had was when a friend of mine came back from the military and gave it to me. And I think I had one of the spaghetti dishes but that it's not bad. The tabasco is great. The problem with MREs is the bowel thing, and it's like it makes sense and field conditions that you don't want people to have, like normal let's say normal digestive cycles. Like that makes perfect sense, but it makes for a miserable, miserable experience when you're just going about your life.
Speaker 2: So here's what I'll say, Uh, listener right now. For just contract reasons, MRIs are extraordinarily cheap, Like even on Amazon right you can buy you know, in date cases of MREs for like sixty bucks. Yeah, I highly recommend you do that, just because you know it's portable. You can stick it in the basement forever, and if you need it, it's you know, it's food.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 2: The the food you will find in there is highly variable. There's some stuff that you eat it and you're like, okay, Like if I got that into Chili's, I wouldn't be mad. You know, it's not like gourmet cooking, but like it's pretty good.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 2: There are other things like the cheesy potatoes, which are cruel and unusual punishment. Yes, yeah, they should not be fed to any human being period.
Speaker 1: The very good, the British ones are pretty good. That's one of the neat things in the modern world is that you can have MRIs from around the world. The Korean ones are actually really good too.
Speaker 2: Honestly, the hullal ones also pretty good. They have like a different contractor system, least as far as I understand it. So you know, the hullull or the Kosher meals. And incidentally enough, apparently this applies to prison culture as well, tend to be higher quality. Take what you will from that, but point is, you can find a lot of these for pretty cheap. And I think, like any man, uh you know of a certain age interested in any form of uh you know, right wing politics, you're a little bit of a doomsday prepper, right A slight yeah, And so you know, why not it's a good stocking stuff or a crate full of MRIs.
Speaker 1: What what I'll say to that end is those are super handy. The best way to actually do your your deep storage is to leverage the The Mormon I forget the terminology that they use for their their little uh subverse bases. I say that with a smile, where they do their preps because per their religion, they're required to have a certain amount of foodstock piled, like it's more than a year generally, and they have really good plans. There's really good plans online for this. And if you have facilities to actually cook, you have a lot more variables available to you in terms of like what you can store and how to do it. So there's this whole scale, like you don't want to have the fifty five calendrum of rice. What you want to do is yet you want a fifty five gallon drum of rice, and then you want a container with smaller ones so that you can actually use them and cycle them, and so that gets really you can get super economical by doing the actual work, by working with rice and flour and stuff. I mean, I make my own bread a lot of the time. I don't do that for all the bread that we eat, but I like to make a loaf. And I have a sour day starter that's been hanging out for a couple of years and it's really good. That's a good way to do it too, But the mrs are hand you throw it in a bag. It's not that bad to eat every once in a while. It's fine when you're hiking the the backpacking foods that you buy and like an RII or something like that, tend to suck. They don't have nearly enough calories. They do not have nearly enough calories. MREs are calorie dense, so that's a good one. The other one I'll point out, Humanitarian daily Rations are something that you can see listed as an MRI. They suck like it's it's it's horrible. It's like vegetable based, you know, and yeah, there's yes, it's.
Speaker 2: Just vegetable base. And you're like, yeah, well vegetable based. What it enters calories?
Speaker 1: It's just calories.
Speaker 2: Are you one of the so one of the we're well, I know, like we had a plan to talk about. This is not what I thought we'd be talking about. One of the other problems you get with MREs is that they're they're kind of overstuffed, like there's too much stuff in there, Like there's always like you know, condiments and other things that you don't need, like a lot of it's like filler to like, yeah, I don't particularly enjoy the like crackers with fruit spread. The people do, but it's like, okay, there's not a lot of energy there. So if you're actually thinking about like carrying them on a hiker hunt or something. You kind of gut it and you take like the you know, the main course, maybe one or two other things, and it packs way down. And also, this is not a paid ad, although cheese I wish they would pay me because I've spent an ungodly amount of money at their store. Venture Surplus will sell you in bulk, like different parts of an MRI. So if all you want is the entre and the cooking element, you can go there and buy it, and it's okay, it's probably about the same cost as the full thing, but like, you know, how much do you care about having a crate full of like single use plastic forks, right, Like that's basically wasted space. So there are options if you don't need the whole thing.
Speaker 1: Very interesting that, yeah, because that's what you do end up doing is you rip it apart. And again it's vacuum packs, so the stuff goes everywhere. You're like, how do they fit me that much stuff into this little container? And then you just take the meal. The hexamine tablets are really handy though, for heating water and stuff, having a stove for that. I'm a nerd, so I lean towards my favorite is always using actual fire. But the problem, the problem these days is that you know, camping in the summer, there's burn bands everywhere all the time, and so I do a lot more with like a white gas stove like for backpacking. I just I end up using that all the time. I do a fair amount of backpacking with my son and overnighters way up in the mountains. But this is something near and dear to my heart, because like, you need to have enough calories. The other thing that I'll say is I am a big fan of like minute rice, but it doesn't take that much more fuel to cook conventional white rice, which is way cheaper, and you can prepare your own little you know, freeze dried stews and stuff like that by just combining a variety of things and having like real substantial meals. If you carry a forty four special loaded with hard cast lead bullets, like not as scared of mountain lions, it bears, but that's just me. But anyway, yeah, that gives you a lot of options. And having white rice like something that's like fairly clean after you've been up there for three days, is like a palette cleanser for something, you know, after eating all these like backpacking meals with tons of sodium and everything is actually very refreshing. So I'll just say that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's a it's an interesting thing you bring up the kind of as someone who's not nearly is into the kind of like hiking gear will put it that way. As as other things. I always get very annoyed going into any sort of outdoor store, uh, just because one, it's like I kind of hate the like I think the term for it, I was stealing this from my wife is like GORP fashion, you know, the like a million bright colors of like some uh you know, like PUFA filled material. And then it's like everything is incredibly expensive. Yes, And as a as a cheapskate, always been a big fan of military surplus for exactly that reason.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Is it's like you could generally get something that is, to quote an off us phrased, just as good, you know, maybe with a link there. Uh, and it is something more expensive, and it's just like, is it really you know, just as nice as a five hundred dollars rain shell from ARII? No, it is, it is not, but it also isn't five hundred dollars and uh as a sort of quality all its own.
Speaker 1: Sorry, it's a good bite.
Speaker 2: Oh not at all, man. The Uh yeah, I uh have been meaning to get more into uh you know, backpacking. It's just you know, a bought a house and haven't had much free time. But uh, I am not at all. But uh are you friends with any kind of like you know, long distance runners or people like that.
Speaker 1: Uh, yeah, I have. I've done I've done a bit of that myself.
Speaker 2: I think these people are psychopaths, like genuinely obviously. You know, running a marathon is impressive, you know. I know some guys who are into like the Ironman circuit doing that whole thing, which again is you know, cool and impressive, but at a certain point, it just seems like masochism, right, like a delicate side to hurt yourself. Yeah, and dude, this weekend and I did sign up for it, like I'm happy to do it. A friend of mine I don't see much is running a fifty mile overnight race, like it starts at midnight, insane dude up and down a mountain. And so I've agreed to drive him out to the start line and just kind of leave him there and you know, he's in his mid forties now, he's been doing it for the past twenty years. Like, on one hand, I'm like, that's incredibly impressive, but also why are you doing that? Like did someone hurt you? You know, are you looking to funish yourself or something?
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know part of it is and this is this is my theory. There, there's this there's this mentality in it seems to be very American, but I think it could also just be very male. That you know, if you want to stay in shape, you have to do something come heetitive when it's like you could also just go for a run or go for a hike. And what I've done is I've brought my mileage way down because the problem is you get to a point where you're like, I'm not going to be able to lift nearly as much just because of the time that you have to focus as well as your training orientation. You're faster the less weight you're carrying. I want to be able to like not die when someone tries to beat me to death. And so you know, if you're a long distance runner, like there's very few guys that can maintain much of an overall physique who are running like super long distances. So for me, I transitioned into the shorter, shorter distances, and then now I just I'm like I'm running tonight. I'll run about four miles tonight, regardless of the weather, to a destination, and then my wife'll be there and I'll be able to do a change of clothes, have a short workout, hang out in the sauna, and then go have a drink. Very healthy. I do want to say for the record, Machiavelli sucks to go. Asks three fifty seven is my biggest handgun. So that isn't enough. Go to Buffalo bore ammunition and get a hard cast lead three point fifty seven load. And then the reason you have that cylinder with more than one hole in it is that you shoot more than once when there's when there's a bear. They have they have records from like Alaskan fishing guides who've killed bears with nine millimeters loaded with their loads. Because again, you have a magazine and so you shoot more than once. This the one shot stop thing doesn't really do much for you. You use the magazine. So yeah, you're you're fine with the three fifty seven. I think, I mean, it's be better to have like a ten millimeter or a forty four magnum, you know, theoretically, but I think you're probably okay, just aim Well.
Speaker 2: I'm a big fan of rifle length three fifty seven for deer hunting. Yeah, Joony, my Retardo Henry, I've used a great effect and Buffalo bar again, they have a one hundred and fifty eight jacketed hollow point that will do twenty two hundred feet per second out of the sixteen inch barrel, which is, you know, it's not gonna set the world on fire, but that's impressive for a handgun wrap and.
Speaker 1: And for bears, you don't want a hollow point. You want as much penetration as possible, like for deer and stuff. Yeah, absolutely, because that does the whole energy transfer more you know, expansion damage. But you yes, I did say load. You do want a solid flat nose lead because you want it who punches deeply as possible and to just like make sweet love to the internals of that of that bear.
Speaker 2: Speaking of terminal ballistics, how's that for a transition you wrote? You wrote a short story recently though it was pretty good.
Speaker 1: Thank you. Thank you. Yeah, it's a so you and I have talked about this before. I like to tell a story that's as close to a polemic as possible without just being a polemic, right, And so essentially the concept and it's out of my substack Carl Daldot substack dot com and it is titled Modernisma with a Splash of Red because it takes place in Barcelona in the La Humple neighborhood, which is the classic Barcelonian like six story super block square grid with beautiful modernist architecture. And the concept is essentially, this is a good universal weapon that would take care of about ninety percent seventy ninety percent of needs in a let's say European you know, I want to use my words carefully here, a resistance movement type of type of use. And so the idea is a platform that is essentially a elaboration on a nine millimeter handgun as a core platform, and so you can manufacture with the only difference being framed and a few other pieces basically like a PDW that you can use for urban sniping as well as a handgun iteration. So, because I think one of the things that people do in like gun nerd world is. They're like, well, there's the Liberator from World War Two and you know it's a stamped sheet metal forty five ACP that fires one round and then takes about a minute to reload, and it's loud, and so yeah, you got this German or Japanese soldiers equipment, and now everyone knows where you are, you know, And so like in the in the improvised weapons suck. Improvised guns suck, like it's better than nothing, but in reality that the right way to do things is to you know, take take pains, to spend your money in a way that gets the best bang for the buck, and so like a service, a real service weapon that ticks the boxes for what you need, which is reduced forensic evidence, a suppressor, you know, reliability with that suppressor on it, and a suppressor of god knows what quality, and having various options for building these things out. And the current state of the art is radically different from like the kind of stuff that you would do in the eighties. For example, well.
Speaker 2: This is sort of an interesting thing, not like it's going to matter to me personally for much longer. Given the impending thousand year lib tardrich, but it is kind of interesting and you've already seen this happen in the realm of suppressors, where once the barrier to entry for the civilian market came down due to inflation and also you know, changing to you know, how that paperwork needed to be done. You had this explosion of innovation. Yeah right, you had this explosion of technology that it basically dormant for seventy years plus or minus, and all of a sudden, you have all these interesting things happening, and you know, with the upcoming change where now there is you know, no additional cost to buying a suppressor or you know, short barreled rifle. Look up the National Firearms Act for those who are not familiar and want to familiarize themselves. I'm curious to see if we will see a similar advancement in the kind of PDW slash you know, stocked pistol space because it seems to me that and I realized as a you know, a thirty two officionado, you'll likely have strong opinions. But yeah, it's interesting that that technology again has really sort of lain dormant since you know, the middle of the twentieth century.
Speaker 1: Absolutely yeah. I mean when you when you look at the the early twentieth century, there's all these great weapons around World War One where it's a pistol with a stock option, and the idea being at the time you a military would have like a bolt action ful or carbing, and then you'd have a heavy machine gun, and then you would either have a revolver or like a semi automatic pistol. And they would say, hey, what if we combine the pistol with like a wooden holster stock that would allow people to like shoulder it and like have a you know, relative rapid fire option. Uh, you know for within one hundred yards, and a lot of times they'd have these crazy gradations on the sites that say they could go to like six hundred yards. Yeah, right, but in general, there's it gives you this capability and that's precisely the concept behind what I call the modern liberator, which is that by having an option to have a folding stock in one of the profiles, like you can take confidently easily shots out to like a one hundred yards no problem. And yeah, is it as good as like a three to eight rifle? No? Is it better than a pistol? Without a stock vastly in terms of this. And if you look at a B and T, which is a Swiss manufacturer, they have what they call a USW, the Universal Service Weapon, and it can be like a chassis for like a glock or something like that. They have a P three twenty version where you drop the little fire control unit into this.
Speaker 2: And then it goes off, I believe.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, and then it blows your dick off, which I had to make a joke about in the story. It has a pretty good trigger for a striker fired gun that won't blow your dick off. But and it also that never.
Speaker 2: Needed to be clarified until you know the shall we say, the firearms Miracle of one Ron Cone.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Ron Cone, and he's he you know, he really hits his ibit on numbers every every quarter. My goodness.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: The C ninety six one of my favorite weapons, and that that is a prime example of that era. And Sean Wiland, yes, exactly, inexpen inexpensive three D printed P ninety and pistol form like something like that. But in this, in my story, it's nine millimeter because that's universal around the world, right, uh. And then the idea is you use like a Walther. Also, Beretta used it locking block mechanism, which is and I have an article about this on my on my substeck, but it is an incredibly robust operating system for having a suppressor mounted. Ian McCollum lied recently he misspoke where he said that having a Nielsen device, which is that little spring piston system that goes on the back of a suppressor that like a Browning tilting barrel mechanism, needs to make insure reliability. Basically, those pistols couldn't run with a suppressor until very recently when you could have like a four ounce you know, titanium suppressor or something like that. They wouldn't run with consistently with that, but the Brettas and Walters could, and so all through the twentieth century you would see like the state of the art at the time, suppressors which were big, right and heavy would run fine on Walter's and Bretta M nine's, M nineteen fifty one's, et cetera. And they would not run on like a Browning high power or a cold nineteen eleven or a glock or something like that. And again, like as you modernize, as the metallurgy becomes a thing, you know, and you can get these very tiny, lightweight suppressors. There's an exchange that takes place, like efficiency is like volume and complexity of the baffles and so on and so forth, which typically was required weight. But now you have like you know, centered metal manufacturing, additive manufacturing, so you can have these extremely light weight or like robotically welded things from titanium and what have you. To where you have a really robust can that doesn't weigh very much. Well, you might be in a situation where you know, that's kind of an afterthought, or you have some you know, fabrication limitations. So the most robust operating system possible is your best bet. The other thing that you get with that system is that you can essentially put have a mechanism that blocks the locking block so that the gun won't cycle and it will retain the spent case, which for which makes it a quieter shot, as well as retaining forensic evidence. You know, in this theoretical fictional story in Europe, not not mean not in America, I follow all laws closely. But then what that does is it retains the forensic evidence. It has a much quieter shot because of you know, it's a suppressor. The action isn't opening up and letting that sound out, which does make a difference. It seems irrelevant, but it does make a difference. And yeah, it's that's the basic concept.
Speaker 2: It's sort of an interesting one because you know, like you said, there is this kind of fantasy of the like you know, folded sheet metal submachine gun or something like that. And and this is actually a problem you see as well with you know h ks or even like you know HK style roller delayed guns, where they were manufactured in a way that made a ton of sense when they were designed, right if you are the Soviet Union, having a whole town that exists exclusively on a rail line to make you know, these folded metal monstrosities makes a ton of sense. But in the US, where we don't have that sort of infrastructure, or you know, if you're a partisan, one might say that is no longer practical if you can't count on direct military aid from the communist block. And so, you know, the the Liberator is sort of something similar right where it's it's folded sheet metal, which is very affordable to do once you have a giant facility where you can fold cheat metal. But if you don't, all of a sudden, it's incredibly expensive to replicate, you know. Weirdly, you see that anytime some sort of replica firearm comes out and people will get very upset. They're like, oh, why does this cost five thousand dollars? And it's like, well, because they basically had to make an entire factory to sell three hundred of them. Weirdos like this isn't like you can just set up a C and C machine, you know, get a forged aluminum blank from one of a couple foundries and then just hit go. You know, It's a very difficult thing to do. And uh yeah, I thought it was. I thought it was an interesting piece for that as well as for kind of like the the operation element. Uh the it sort of reminded me of have you ever seen I think it's gign all right, the French counter terrorism Yeah, sort of hybrid you know, military police force that still to this day uses you know, three fifty seven revolvers. Yeah, and have that that sniper variant right has a biopod fitted on. And the argument for it is kind of interesting or it's basically like well, you know, in an urban set sniping, isn't this like, you know, calculate the Coreolis effect, you know, sixteen hundred yard shot, you know, licking your fingers, sticking it in the wind. It is an accurate shot, but it's like twenty yards, yes, from a back rooftop to another, and so over that distance, like a particularly accurate pistol with a bipod is you know acceptable. They seem to have had good success with it. Now they are French, and so they do things in an odd way, and I don't see many people that are trying to copy them. Like what's the old joke, The French copy nobody, and nobody copies the French, you know. But yeah, that's what it sort of had me thinking of as well.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and that's that's exactly the thinking. So like in the in the story, a Bartholon's super block is essentially you have a city block, and then you have buildings ringing the city block, and then you have a large courtyard in the middle and basically rooftop to balcony, and you know, across the greatest extent of it, it's no more than like sixty meters seventy meters and so, and that's that's pretty pretty consistent. And so I mean a fifty meter shot, you know, fifty yard shot is with a you know, a PCC and nine millimeter PCC U with a stock extended and everything braced against a balcony, you know, handguard or something like that. Like. That's not a hard shot. That's with an optic Like that's incredibly easy. And so that's the car goal.
Speaker 2: I've been reliably informed that a one hundred and forty yard shot with a scope thirty OT six rifle is so difficult that only a trained Israeli assassin. Yes, So I don't know if I believe you.
Speaker 1: Yes. Also also I think the I think the g I, g N were involved in that one too, you know, according to certains, that's incredible.
Speaker 2: I mean, honestly, Uh, I'll put it this way.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 2: I'm not the biggest fan of the Macrons for any number of reasons, but uh, you made if you did as a favor, all would be forgiven.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 2: So I'll say that is a joke, but it would be really funny if you did it. And when I say you did it, mister mccron, either mister mccron, Uh, I mean you personally like, I won't be happy until I see uh you know you on the rooftop. It's all I mean to say. We've got a few super chats, Uh Mario two dollars, God bless gentlemen, Thank you very much, and uh super Jackhack two. Dear Jay, you once said that you go guns miserable wretches. To that, I retort, know you, thank you for finally having a decent guest on for some actual quality content.
Speaker 1: You met Jack.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, I did. I mean fair enough, man. I guess you pay me ten bucks to say it. But no. My main opinion on this, which I one hundred percent back up, the Yugo mausers are really nice. The ugo aks are miserable. They're they're ungodly heavy. The quality on them has always been suspect, and you're starting to see more and more of a consensus building around that. But look, the ak is already, relatively speaking, quite heavy. Just is what it is. To make it for no reason like fifty percent thicker. It's not like people are blowing ak frames apart, right, It's not like the things of rattling itself to death. Why did you do this? You made it ugly, heavy, worse, and it costs more money to what end I have? The Hugo's, Uh, it just hideous as far as I'm concerned.
Speaker 1: Uh, finishes are beautiful though when they're brand new and the quality of the wood is is shocking. A Jack. It's funny because Jack and I fired a Pals five five six Ugo AK and we looked at each other and we were like, what the hell because it's totally overgassed. You know, it's an AKA, right, totally overgassed. There. I swear to you there was more felt recoil in this because of the mechanism than just about any AK I can think of, like like a seven six two AK had less felt recoil than this than this Ego five five six AK. We were we were astonished by it. And again it's totally overgassed. YadA YadA. I mean it's beautiful.
Speaker 2: But yeah, I think we've got him.
Speaker 1: Boys got him. That's hilarious.
Speaker 2: So you know, as I sort of joked before, I'm fast approaching an era of not being able to buy anything fun. And so my one purchase and for two reasons, One because I actually think that you know, if you're planning on doing an SBR. It's like the right way to do it, and also it's a funny thing to own. You are talking to a future Draco owner, Carl. Hell yeah, so I'm really entering my wigger arc. I'll get one of the gold spray painted ones off of like Atlantic firearms and just start, you know, mag jumping out of my Chrysler three hundred sixty four wounded, zero killed. You know who did it.
Speaker 1: I will say this like like, I think I texted you this. Of course I.
Speaker 2: Also sent me I think the funniest meme anyone has ever sent me about eight ks.
Speaker 1: Oh, I don't remember which. Oh yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think which we cannot play live. Oh. If you're familiar with the stereotype of the gun, you can guess.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah, so I think I even got that one from Jack. But anyway, the I had a Draco at one point, but it was before the arm brace was a thing, and I had two little kids, and I it was the eight and a half inch barrel variant, which was like the original, the original one, and that this is some deep lore that people don't know about, but this is confirmed from a book that was written in the late nineties or it might have even been the early aughts that by that Klashnikov himself was involved in that came out of the I think it was iSmash Factory that had the developmental history of like basically every project that Mikhail Klashnikov worked on, and the krinkhofv right that everyone knows in the five five the barrel length in that was figured out in the sixties with experiments on the seven sixty two x thirty nine AK to where the muzzle velocity would drop off enough and the muzzle blast would kick up enough that it became really inefficient. And that was the cutoff point is a point five inches. Anything shorter than that and it has a lot to do with like the powder and a bunch of other stuff, but anything shorter than a point five inches, the muzzle velocity and efficiency of the cartridge just plummets. You also see this with three hundred blackout. It's like a sweet spot for the supersonic loads. So anyway, so the Draco originally had that barrel length, and now they have shorter and shorter ones because people just use them as you know, they're for spring the ghetto with bullets. But I didn't My plan was to sbr it and then that I can't remember. I bought it for like three hundred dollars at the time because I bought it in like the odds and the price is skyrocketed. And so I sold it in like twenty sixteen or twenty seventeen for over a grand because I had I could, And I was like and and again at the time, I was like, am I gonna put a Am I going to do all this stuff?
Speaker 2: Like?
Speaker 1: No, it's it's not worth it. So I unloaded it because I was like tired of tired of it because they're kind of they're pretty ghetto, like the finish on them is quite bad. But if you sit there and lovingly like sanded it and do all this stuff and refinish it. But you can also, what I would say, if you want it to actually be useful, if you're not just blinging it out, get it in adjustable gas block or in what with the fixed front sight. Trying to think of the company that makes it. But I know the one you're talking about. My buddy was one.
Speaker 2: He had one of the close out class to call the USA AK one OZH three's right, Yeah, a really good gun.
Speaker 1: It's really nice.
Speaker 2: Uh, it's it's absurd now. It's got like the full Ukraine War like zen it. Yeah, of course it weighs like twelve pounds, but it is kind of cool. But they make a like a twelve and a half inch Draco, yes, which is much more practical and is it an absurd thing to own? Yes, But also it's like SBRs are free now, so it's like, okay, whatever, just do some paperwork and like all of a sudden, you know at twelve inch or a twelve inch ak that is a nice thing to have, you know, like that becomes very handy. The powder is basically already burned. But also you get to say you own a Draco, which is kind of funny.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, well I'm if you haven't adjusted gas block, it makes a good suppressed weapon.
Speaker 2: Well, And that's the thing is, I, like many people, bought a full size thirty caliber suppressor as my first can and then realized I really don't shoot anything that that makes sense on and so now it's like the most ass backwards purchasing ever, which is what kind of makes sense to put this suppressor on, which is a horrible way to make financial decisions.
Speaker 1: But that's when most that's what happens when you do that is you're like, if I thirty caliber one, it'll work on my five y's six. And yes, I have this one rifle that I might thread someday, you know, but you don't.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Well, and it's one of those things as well where it's like I then got a small or you know, low back pressure five five six suppressor and that's the only one I use.
Speaker 1: It's oh yeah, they're wonderful. It's it is.
Speaker 2: It makes it so pleasant. It gets rid of that like I can feel the minor TBI as this like you know ten inch ar abomination goes off right next to my head. Uh so yeah, you know there are advantages to it. The uh it's kind of funny. Have you ever messed with any of the like Bulgarian milled ak stuff.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they're really nice, but like you, like you were saying before, they're not exactly lightweight, but they're very nice.
Speaker 2: My a body of mine is it's actually it's a beautiful gun. It's one of the you know, high end arsenals with the side folding parastock.
Speaker 1: Yes, yes, yes, And it is a hoss.
Speaker 2: It's absurd. And you know when I when I first met him, I am very much a like I prefer all things being equal light rifles. I do a lot to accomplish that end. And he had this like god awful sig prism scope. It was like eighteen ounces. You can look them up. They're in Tarkov. I think it's really the only notable place there from dude, no joke. It was a twelve pound rifle. It was miserable to actually use, and so I like very gently over the course of like a year where was like, hey, you can buy a red dot site on Amazon, won't break from a company you've heard of, and it weighs as much as three pencils. It's great, and it does not turn this thing into a you know, a giant boat anchor. Because again, like I love especially like the fall paaras, like the side folding wire stocks. They look sick. Yeah, they don't really work as stocks, to.
Speaker 1: Be honest, Oh they're not great for that, yeah, exactly.
Speaker 2: Thoughts on the Japanese heavy machine gun from World War Two, I have none, to be honest, I.
Speaker 1: Do, Okay, you'll go ahead. Well, they use the Hotchkiss system Machiavelli sucks to go. The Japanese settled on the Hotchkiss system. The French use the hotch Kiss and the Spanish did, and so a lot of the you know, the Spanish world ended up using hotch kisses, and the the Japanese also, you know, as as I'm sure you know, they used seven point seven and then they also had a six point five cartridge, and yeah, were there were They look kind of wacky there, obviously from an era, you know, that Inner war period like weapon development, you know, can be kind of strange looking, but you can see where things are going. So they're very innovative, but they look kind of awkward, but they're they're actually quite quite good and were highly respected. The funny thing is the the Japanese did use the Type eleven in World War Two also, but it was pretty obsolete. It was first issued in nineteen twenty two, and it's an early Hotchkiss design and they would use these like hopper trays for ammunition. The heavy machine gun was also like that as well, and the Spanish were in the same boat where they eventually developed the magazine fed one, but they would use these strips. They they didn't use like cloth belts. They used these metallic like almost like a stripper clip, but it would feed through. And the idea was at the time they were much cleaner than like cloth based things, and they were again yes, they were easy to load. And so this is all this inner war stuff and a lot of these designs that didn't continue through, but at the time they made sense. There was a lot of like logistical considerations that drove these design selections, and a lot of them could be like we could say in retrospect, we're a little obsolete, but not that bad.
Speaker 2: So I think that is sort of one of the interesting things is that we're in sort of a period of effectively technological stagnation as regards small arms. Like realistically we're all basically using cartridges that are one hundred years old. Yeah, actions that are seventy years old, and it's been kind of minor refinements to that point. I saw a question earlier asking about you know, six or five creed more versus three o eight. It doesn't make sense for you. That sort of depends on what you're trying to do, Like for a hunting rifle, I actually think a six y five makes a ton of sense. They're really pleasant to shoot. You're not going to be shooting a ton, so the downsides, which are you know, more expensive AMMO and barrel life, they're not going to matter for you. A six y five is really pleasant recoiling, which is going to be helpful. It's slightly lighter, which you know might be conceivably helpful. But also they're super flat shooting. And assuming you're using just a basic hunting scope with a cross hatch in it, uh, that's gonna make your zero more functional effectively. Now, if you're shooting high round count now three oh eight, you know, it's nice if you have an accuracy, you know, you're trying to shoot a long long range or you know, tiny little targets. The bullets you need to do that are basically the same price between two cartridges. It's just six' five is a little flatter, shooting so it's a minor. Refinement it's a really nice. CARTRIDGE i like shooting it a, lot but you, know for what. End but that's another example right where effectively three o eight it's been around. Forever three o eight, is let's be, honest just thirty out six short thirty out, six which will instantly vaporize a neck from any distance and could never do anything other than instantly blow someone's head, off As i've been reliably informed on the. Internet but you, know it is a minor extension of that same family, line, Right nothing crazy has really come, Out and obviously there have been advances in, packaging you, know how do we make this? Economic how do we fit the most in the least. Space but it's sort of during this weird era where it's, like let's be, honest you, know THE ar fifteen OR ar, eighteen, right depending on which nation you, are has basically become like the modern brown. Bess you, know it's like we've sort of reached a technological plateau and, uh you, know until something crazy, happens it's all sort of, like, well what do you? Want, right how much money do you? Have and what are you trying to? Do because you, know, realistically, yeah, sure nice stuff is, nice and you, know a better version of something will have measurable. Benefits but like your particular boutique cartridge that is thirteen percent more effective than a nine milimeter doesn't matter because everyone in the world uses nine. Millimeter so we're kind of just stuck with it until there is something meaningfully better.
Speaker 1: Agreed there's also a. Uh there's also a comment right after that From javier THREE d printed scorpions when, well you're in. Luck, javier go TO O d y see dot com odyssey and search scorpion THREE d and you will find a couple good. Designs there's and they have all the different ways that you can do. It there is a commercial manufacturer who uses a licensed version of a free file that's out there to THREE d print scorpion receivers for the commercial. Market you buy a kit, online you can get them with a. Barrel you'll probably probably need to install it or maybe. Not it just depends on who you're buying. From it costs more with a barrel. Installed there is a file out. THERE i think it's on thingaverse is WHERE i got. It that is A it costs like five bucks for THE stl file and it's the jig for fitting and pinning a scorpion barrel into the upper receiver so you can get an original smooth. Barrel those are really cheap now they're like fifty nine. Bucks they're required for you, know gun control, purposes to sell the parts get with the barrels. Removed you can get a modern threaded barrel version that at very high standards of manufacture for like eighty two and fifty dollars depending on who you buy it. From so, yes you you can have a THREE d printed scorpion. Receiver.
Speaker 2: Yes, well and that's another thing that's been interesting to. Watch there are very few YouTube channels THAT, i you, know really keep up, with but one of the best is a YouTube channel called super Super Fast. Matt. Right the guy's an engineer does extremely complicated and stupid car. Projects so for, instance you, know he sort of made his bones making a you, know a motorcycle Powered Honda, roadster has a few land speed, records an off road, viper all kinds of. Nonsense but he's gotten super into THREE d. Printing AND i hadn't really paid attention attention SINCE i bought a you, know two hundred dollars end or three ten years. Ago it was kind of a piece of junk and, okay so obviously you know he's using this for a different, end, right you, know making molds for carbon fiber or. Whatever but still you're, like wait a, minute the quality of THREE d printers has gone, up so quickly and the price has gone. Down you're, like what this is all of a sudden incredibly achievable because the old THREE d printers used to be super aggravating to set up and you know product, Test LIKE i had one that had a frame that was not square and could not be made, square so it never printed anything right because it was off. Axis AND i think that's sort of an interesting thing that, like and you see this with THREE d or with metal, centering which you mentioned, earlier, earlier which is you, know commonly referred to as you, know metal THREE d. Printing but, again like the the capital requirements have gone down to the point where it's like hobbyist one hundred percent can't do, This and if you're a creatively inclined young man willing to figure some stuff, out like you can do a. Lot like even my brother in, law, right he has a business where he's you, know doing basically high, end you, know custom wood working stuff and he has a a REACCESS cnc machine that he uses to make, molds to make you, know molding all that kind of. Stuff and don't get me, wrong it's a big. Machine it is industrial and it's, expensive but it's like three and a half, Grand, Like, okay that's a lot of, money but like we're basically at a point where like a ten thousand dollars, loan which you know is not that's a lot of, money but like that's not impossible to. Accrue can you can basically have your own manufacturing setup because that's really. Neat you can get a lot done with.
Speaker 1: That. Yeah, Absolutely and you know it's. Funny JAY i got An ender THREE v three se my son AND i got it For christmas last, year and it was like one hundred and seventy nine. Dollars WHAT i wanted to do, was, uh you, know figure out DO i want to do THREE d? Printing and how feasible is? It because if you're not actually doing, it it just seems like there's this. Mystique but, yeah like in the last year that the stuff available commercially has skyrocket and quality so much that Like bamboo And prusa have machines and then there's some knockoffs that for six hundred dollars you can have a machine that will will manufacture stuff to incredibly high standards of quality and Thirteen prusa has one for thirteen hundred dollars that would do almost anything THAT i can think. Of there's also the resin based ones where you use like liquid, resin.
Speaker 2: WHICH i have a lot of experience with BECAUSE i have a lot of like miniature painting and stuff like. That the quality on, that LIKE i don't have a nice, machine BUT i can get a detailed quality at zero point one, millimeters which is, Absurd but that's just a perfect. Object like it looks better than something that comes out of a. FACTORY i.
Speaker 1: Am i'm working on BECAUSE I i love obscure niche. Things it's like. This, YES i have a couple glock nineteens as like as a primary go to, gun but everything ELSE i have is like retardedly you, know niche and.
Speaker 2: Some obscure Inter war thirty TWO acp. Pistol.
Speaker 1: Yeah but LIKE i have A Charter arms forty four special revolver and it's the one with the concealed it's the hammer shroud. Version And i'm working with a guy in our thing who has a THREE d scanner BECAUSE i bought some boot grips for it FROM i think it Was Hamry, forge. Right they're really nice, grips but they're not perfect for this BECAUSE i want a higher grip kind of like THE uc grips That lipsies did a run of like four four two's with this really nice high grip because it's the concealed hammer, model SO i want to implicate. That so he AND i are working on, this And i'm, Like i'm you, KNOW i can sell, these and so If i'm going to do, That i'm going to get a resin, printer because you just get a finer level of detail than a THREE d, printer you, know and speed and all this stuff if you're doing it in. Volume BUT i was, like but, wait my niche thing like maybe fifty people will buy, this WELL i. HAVE i instantly started getting these other ideas for variations THAT i think would sell quite. Well and So i'm going to try it with my THREE d printer BECAUSE i because it. Works it works fine for like a nylon based one with with glass impregnation or carbon. Fiber and THEN i can also basically start a side business making these, grips you, know and the cheap, machine Which i've done all these mods to it to make it really stable prints to a very high level of. Quality, Yes i've printed some stuff with, it and you, know it's it's a great, idea AND i THINK i feel like this is the future because you, know we have to like fend for ourselves because of THE ai apocalypse that is being ushered in by you, know the business world where they're, like we're not going to hire you anymore because you're a white. Male but also we're not going to hire you because you, know we want to save. Money, theoretically and it's okay if we kind of tank the business over a ten year, period but what really matters, is you, know are even on numbers BEFORE i retire and cash? Out you, know because the the the early exer bosses are are crashing the system because they realized that they're in the middle of a bust. Out they're, like oh.
Speaker 2: Shit, yeah, WELL i mean you see that with the way that executives are, Compensated, uh we're largely obviously there's direct, compensation but a lot of the real money is in indirect things like it's employee stock. Options they basically get paid in company. Stock and so you've created this system where the only thing that matters is stock values for exactly as long as it takes me to. Liquidate and, look they're wise to that they have like a vesting scheme where it'll take like four or five years for you to get all of it even after you're. Done but let's be, honest that creates a perverse incentive where the goal is not necessarily to you, know have a stable business long time or over a long, time rather or to you, know maximize long term. Profitability it's to juice you know what matters to, me, right the variables that matter for my, Purposes and, uh, yeah you're gonna see more and more of. THAT i was talking about this a little, bit and And Sean wilin may know more about this THAN i. Do but you see a similar thing with while people are still employed with benefits, plans where there's a huge advantage to bringing on people for whom you do not have to have, benefits both directly because you, know health insurance and other things are extraordinarily, expensive but also because there are all of these different ratios that determine if a like benefits or compensation plan is, legal which means, like, oh you, know you can't funnel you, know x percentage of money to the top ten percent of. Workers you have to spread it out more. Equally, well if you take one HUNDRED us workers and turn that into an executive team of fifteen and like one or two shot. Managers, well all of a, sudden it becomes much easier to balance those. Ratios you, know you can just jack up how much of you and your buddies are getting paid without falling a foul of the. Law so, YEAH i mean more and more of that stuff is going to. Happen AND i think it's interesting that you've already seen the proliferation of this technology in other, conflicts, Right Like brazil is a good, example but also what's going on in Like me And maar and stuff like that Or burma whatever we call it, now where like these technologies are out of the. Bag you. Know, yeah guess, what, Bud you live in a cyberpunk future where you literally can basically get a machine On Ali baba for sixty bucks that will make you a. Gun, yeah what a time to be.
Speaker 1: Alive Sean wiland commented That bamboo has political Issues, China, china but THEIR p twos can do everything for less than six hundred as an enclosed heated xy. Printer one hundred percent. Correct there's cheaper ones out, there but the support isn't as. Good there's some controls with. BAMBOO i don't understand a lot of this, stuff like at a super deep, level but, yeah that's what you want if you're going to be printing nylon and stuff like. That WHAT i would say IS i learned a lot from getting a cheap, ender BUT i would not recommend it to. Anyone if you just want to start printing, stuff just get a. BAMBOO i had to build an, ENCLOSURE i had to add, BRACING i had to do all this. Stuff if you just want to print, stuff just getting a, bamboo it's plug and, play and you will just spend a lot of money on filament because it will be printing all the.
Speaker 2: Time, yeah it's AND i think that people the the meme of some guy buying a THREE d printer and then making like stupid desk toys is slightly. True, yeah you, know that's what most people use it. For but, like if you're listening to, this you aren't most. People so, like if you're interested in getting stuff, done it's incredibly, practical even just as a you, know a. Prototyping like my brother in, law he'll oftentimes use his THREE d printer because you, know he'll design a model and it's, like, oh, well it'll take a ton of machine, time you, know which has an opportunity costs associated with. It but also you know it's, messy you, know it's more. Expensive OR i can make a, model you, know print a you, know not even a particular high quality you, know replica of, it just to see, like oh is this roughly the right? Size, yeah it's way more expensive to find out that you made it you, know ten percent too big for a human to, hold, uh you, know after you've already made it in your final, material, right made it all nice than it is to just like squirt some out you, know have a THREE d printer and they're, like, oh well NOW i can. Adjust SO i think that that's additionally something as. Well i'm curious AND i have floated this. IDEA i have no idea if there's anything to, it but one of the things That i've, wondered as you, know metal centering becomes you, know more and more affordable if the business model of manufacturing will, change where effectively you were paying for you, know a design product and then shipping or you, know sending that file to a local sort of, manufactory, right to actually have it, made because you, know with a lot of these you, know suppressor, companies that's basically what they. Do they're a. Designer they don't have the resources to purchase a you, know a five hundred thousand dollars machine to you, know perform at the level they need it to, yet and so they basically are renting out shop time somewhere. Else and so you, assume, like, okay let's let's move that forward into the. Future you, know maybe this becomes the same business model we already see WITH c AND c, shops where there's a machine shop everywhere and that exists so that someone is, like, hey you, KNOW i have this, THING i need it made? Local can you do? That blatant, speculation BUT i wouldn't be surprised if we see.
Speaker 1: That, Yeah like Mister wiland is referring to that as. Well he's he thinks we're you, know what we need to do is move to cottage industry And japanese Mashi koba. Manufacturing the general concept is local. MANUFACTURING i honestly think that that's where things are. Going and, uh maybe this is BECAUSE i read a lot of cyberpunk, stuff you, know as a as a. Teenager but there's a lot of sound concepts in there where there's a lot of recycling that we can do to get raw materials here like and then you, know re reconstitute the material and then manufacture with. It like there's probably going to be in some areas like in in like you, know smaller cities and larger, cities there's going to be a lot of OPPORTUNITIES i think for things along those. Lines instead of shipping everything To, china it's going to, stop like a lot because of tariffs and a bunch of other. Stuff it's going to stop making sense as well as just fuel costs and. Whatever local manufacturing is going to be where it's, at, uh just to save on a lot of those. THINGS a huge amount of prototyping is being done In china and then they mail the thing to you like, again like you, said you send them the, file but then they steal the, file whereas if you keep it locally In, america you, know that reduces that that risk or at least it delays you, know the time to market for your for competitors stealing.
Speaker 2: It, yeah and that's sort of a one of my my big, complaints right is That, okay we we started doing, tariffs but you, know tariffs exist too fun domestic. Industry, yeah, right to get them to a place of you, know parody so that you don't have, to you, know just compete with the. World and it seems as this we've sort of gotten the worst of both, worlds right where it's like you're getting tariffs and also that we've just brought globalism. Here you, know like we'll have shitty, factories you, know polluting, everything but you won't get to work there. Either BUT i think that you know what you're talking, about right is IS i think that that's a very that is a likely future because, again right, like as history resumes and as politics becomes something that has, actual you, know consequences on the international, stage, well all of a, sudden you, know you you can't practice this sort of retardo globalism.
Speaker 1: Anymore, yeah, Absolutely AND i mean it just it's just. Logical and PEOPLE i know in uh in manufacturing are seeing the worm turn towards them and they're and and they're feeling very. Confident and it's not only because Of trump's tariffs and. STUFF a lot of is just economically the model that we've been using doesn't. Work and and, especially LIKE i, said the biggest, issue you, know beyond the instability of, shipping like we learned a lot FROM, covid, right if if you're dependent upon you, know just in time delivery and it involves oceans and foreign countries like, that that leaves you very. Vulnerable and so there's a lot of good Point Sean. Wiland we now have The office Of Strategic capital making investments and restoring manufacturing for military. Use there's gonna be a lot of military manufacturing coming back to The United. States people don't know, this but a huge part of military manufacturing companies In america are just assembling shit made. Overseas boeing manufacturers The age sixty Four apache In. Arizona it's it was previously owned by whichever HELICOPTER i, think, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah they were, Acquired they Acquired bell and the the airframes for The apache are made In.
Speaker 2: INDIA i assume there's been no no noticeable declining. Quality, yeah and this is something that has actually come. Up there have been leaks unsubstantiated from Within boeing that a lot of their recent, uh a lot their recent troubles are due to the fact that they're effectively that they're effectively uh you, know outsourcing components to places with much lower. Standards oh, yeah you Know china for. Example so they were getting titanium From china that was not manufactured to uh that we're not manufactured to the appropriate spec that they Bought what they thought was you, know aircraft grade, titanium and really it's you, know a pot metal with like an oil skin finish on. It you, KNOW i don't know if that's exactly what, happened but something. Similar and again that becomes one of those things where it's, like look like are we are we a serious? Country like are we just going to keep doing that or are we going to actually be a place that you, know makes things even for our own? Benefit? Uh, Yeah there's there's a lot to be said on. That i've been interested to, see AND i think he'll be on the. Show uh sooner or. Later we're working on getting it set. Up but, uh you, Know Lucas botkin's new, company uh you, know launched very recently and they don't have all their products, out but he's been talking a lot about you, know the process of. Onshore now, look he you, know primarily does like nylon. Goods but one of the things he's been talking about is effectively that how absolutely preposterous it is to get materials where for, instance like there's one company in THE us that manufactures nylon to certain. Specs, yeah AND i say in in The United, states it's technically it's In Puerto, rico and they're so insanely backed. Up we're talking like two year waitlists that they can just act like a cartel, like, oh our prices are. Up, oh we don't feel like doing. That and so all of a, sudden right that business depending on it is screwed because they are manufacturing something that technically needs to that needs to be made In. America you, know even if we Assume Puerto rico Is american enough for that to, matter, right it creates this kind of horribly perse. Incentives and so he's been talking about, like, okay like what do we act actually, Do like do we do we need a night like a factory to make? Nylon, like, okay that's that's a big thing to. Do maybe it's something to be. Done and so, yeah he has some pretty interesting opinions on. That you can find it on your own on. YouTube just look up his. Name but, uh, YEAH i think that you, know if if globalism really is, dead and it seems like it, is, uh we're likely to see more of.
Speaker 1: That.
Speaker 2: Now the question is for whom does that? Benefit? Right, like is this going to be you know what we've been complaining, about which is domestic labor or domestic you, know manufacturing with international? Labor, right that doesn't really help, us but, uh you, know there is an opportunity to make a correct. Move we'll see if they actually get to. It But, CARL i realize you have to. Go i'm want to keep you over. Time so where can people find?
Speaker 1: You? Man you can see me yelling at clouds on x at Cowdo doll or better, yet if you want to see podcasts and articles and stuff like, that check out My Substackcarl doll dot substack dot. Com it has pretty much. Everything thanks for having, Me, jay.
Speaker 2: Happy to have you. ON i also want to say big news sticks hex And hammer has been. Arrested yay for a domestic, dispute which is kind of. FUNNY i won't yeah, Whatever i'll gloat a little. Bit it's kind of.
Speaker 1: Funny it's kind of.
Speaker 2: Funny cultist libertarian goes to. Prison we'll see how that goes for. Him, Anyway, dude it's been ton of fun to have you b link to all your things down in the description as far as my, Stuff Jay Burton, Show, Apple, spotify, YouTube anywhere you want to hear, It, CARL i appreciate. It to everyone at, home keep your head. UP i can't last. Forever Good, night