Speaker 1: Sports Page with The Orlando Sentinel at FM ninety six nine. In the games, Mike the Bulldog Beyond You on jr R.
Speaker 2: The Bulldog Sports Pages brought to you by Coffin and Lynd Injury Attorney. Special Tuesday edition of Lae Disorder with Coffin next hour. If you want to get your legal questions over to us, you can on the text line at two two five two six. A Rodger looking a little rusty in his return last night, Bulldog.
Speaker 3: Yeah. By the way, Happy Arnold Palmer's birthday to you guys. The King would have been ninety five today. So you know what the King once said, I have a tip that can take five strokes off anyone's golf game. It's called an eraser. I love that guy.
Speaker 2: Good stuff.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Aaron Rodgers, I don't know if he looked rusty or old last night. Yeah. Forty nine Ers just clobber the Jets thirty two to nineteen. Aaron Rodgers, of course, making his return. He got injured in the first game four plays into the first game. Last year, Achilles ten didn't tear he comes back last night. Jets did not look sharp at all. It's hard to tell, though, when you're playing the forty nine ers. They are so good. In fact, Christian McCaffrey their star player on offense, my star player on my fantasy team. By the way, he did not play last night. That was announced ninety minutes before kickoff. So they had this backup running back, Jordan Mason. They stuck him in their undrafted free agent. He ran for one hundred and forty seven yards and a touchdown for Yeah, had twenty yet another example of how running backs are a diamond doesn't in the NFL. Anybody who any team that drafts are running back in the first round is crazy, all right, you can get this guy's a street free agent. He was a street free agent. They you know. He works his way up playing for a good team with a good offensive line and runs for a bunch of yards. Twenty eight carries, by the way, was the most of any nine Yers player in a raw Glar's season game in thirteen years, So he definitely got the workload last night. Hopefully, hopefully McCaffrey will be back next week. So yeah, a lot of fantasy owners were not happy. Evidently, the Niners knew Friday that McCaffrey was not going to play. In this game, and yet it took it till ninety minutes before kickoff.
Speaker 1: That's not cool.
Speaker 2: Hey, To their credit, the Miami Dade Police Department did release the body cam footage of the interaction with Tyreek Killing. No, he was not arrested as as was originally reported.
Speaker 3: He was detained. Obviously, he was put in handcuffs. Yeah, you watched the video, and you know, everybody's going to make their own decision if you.
Speaker 2: Haven't seen it yet. By the way, I did throw the link on the JR. Yes book page, and yeah, make your own shock. I kind of think, I don't know what you guys. I think they're both were. Did you got two alphas going at each other here? It seemed like that's what I.
Speaker 3: Yeah, the police office, the police officers maintained that, you know, Tyreek Hill was uncooperative, which he was, and Tyreek Hill's attorney is saying that the police were over zealous. Again, make the decision for yourself.
Speaker 2: He did go flying by them, man, do you see the beginning of that video right on by Of course.
Speaker 1: He's flying by him.
Speaker 3: They you know, they told him to roll down his window, roll down his window continuously, and yeah, he he it didn't start out well because as soon as he was pulled over, Tyreek Hill says, don't knock on my window like that. You know, they're knocking on the winning to get him to roll it down. And so you know, it didn't start out well, and obviously it digressed from there.
Speaker 1: Both sides at fault. I don't care. He just watched the video Facebook page. The whole thing was avoidable. The whole thing is avoidable. It's ridiculous, right. So anyway, uh, what else we got in sports to day?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 2: The Gators.
Speaker 3: So Billy Napier obviously has a quarterback quandary because the true freshman DJ Lagway looked awesome against an undermanned opponent on Saturday, throws for four hundred and fifty six yards, which was a freshman record at Florida. But now Graham Mertz, the veteran starter, is back from concussion protocol or close to back from concussion protocol. What do you do on Saturday? Do you go back to Mertz? Do you start Lagway? And so Billy Napier said yesterday they're both gonna play.
Speaker 2: Oh boy, hey, oh, no, good problem to have.
Speaker 3: It is a good problem to have. But wow, it's it's gonna be unpopular if you trot Graham Mertz on the field in the sec opener Saturday at the Swamp and DJ Lagway, And I feel for Graham Merch because if they go three out on Saturday and he's the starter, he's gonna get booed. He's gonna get booed. That's just how college fans are, especially Gator fans in the state that they're in right now. So it's a good situation to be in. It's also a no win situation for Billy Napier because he's gonna get grief no matter what he does from Gator fans right Yeah. By the way, there's a new civil lawsuit against DeShawn Watson accusing him of a sexual assault and battery in October of twenty twenty when he was a member of the Houston Texans. We all know what happened with all the female massage therapists and they had a class action suit against him. Those lawsuits were settled, but now there's a new one out there. So not good.
Speaker 2: Speaking of another, Brown's another unhappy fan base. I'm seeing the rumblings from a lot of those Cleveland Browns fans like, hey, let's just cut ties with this guy and eat the money.
Speaker 3: God, when you really do that, And they traded six draft picks, including three first rounders, and gave him a fully guaranteed to a hundred thirty million dollar contract. I saw you it is terrible, though he was terrible the other night.
Speaker 2: Yeah. In fact, I saw I saw a variation of the famous quote you like to refer to the whole what must be done eventually, should be done immediately. Deal.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Hey, I wouldn't be surprised by October if Jameis Winston's the starting quarterback in Cleveland. Would not surprise me. So we shall see. But yeah, a mess in Cleveland, they cannot. I mean again, they should have kept Baker Mayfield and gone with him.
Speaker 2: And right, yeah, all right. Mike the Bulldog Minanchy, host of Open Mic on AM seven and FM ninety six ninety game, obviously a lot to debate and discuss over there if you want to, you know, find him there. That we're not offended because he takes time out of his show to join us here for the sports page each morning on JR. I brought you by Coffin and Lend that's right.
Speaker 3: You can listen to Under Oath with Attorney Jeff Coffin every Saturday morning on FM ninety six nine Game seven point thirty. The show starts. You can catch extended versions on your favorite streaming platform, who hoo u jintako on demand, download the iHeartRadio app