Speaker 1: Phoning in. You're taking your calls on the LA Clippers right now.
Speaker 2: This is Clippers Talk on Aaron.
Speaker 3: On Demand, the Clippers Show of Record, your chance to react to everything.
Speaker 1: Clippers Clippers news happens.
Speaker 3: Let me guess it's about Kawhi.
Speaker 1: Here we are and now here.
Speaker 3: He is the host of your LA Clippers free and postgame.
Speaker 1: At follow Adam a Adam Howsley. There's no place like home. There's no place like home where you get to see James Harden drop a fifty spot here and into a dome in the Clippers return as they win over the Pistons one twenty three to one point fifteen. Welcome into Clippers Talk. I'm Adam Osland. The dome is home. Welcome back Clipper Nation. After a tumultuous eight game road trip where they went two and six, they win on the second night of a back to back without Kawhi, without DJ, without Norman Powell. What are performance from James Harden? A fifty spot his first fifty ball since twenty nineteen in all timer, If you were here, and many were, including the former President of the United States and Barack Obama, including Jared Goff, was there some golfense out there from James Harden. The Clippers dropping one hundred and twenty three points on the number one defense since January first in the Detroit Pistons. That's how you cleanse the palate. Now we're feeling a little bit better right Clipernation needed that. Great to see it. James Harden apology forms will be handed out as you're leaving the arena. He was fourteen for his last fifty his last three games. He drops fifty points in this one. Fourteen of twenty four from the field, sixteen of twenty at the Charity stripe. Just incredible. Most points obviously he has scored as a member of the Clippers. Most points scored here and into it Dome. This is the current scoring high here in this building. In his inaugural year, James Harden had fourteen of his fifty in the fourth quarter. Had twenty three points in the first quarter to lead them, twenty eight points at the half, another nine in that third quarter. I want to shout out the Clippers second unit though, and the guys who didn't completely let go when James Harden went to the bench. He plays the entire first quarter. He comes back in the second quarter, and I want to say it's around the seven minute mark. It's at the six forty three mark. He's almost out the first half of the second quarter, Clippers led by six. After he left the ballgame, they led by five. By the time he came back in at forty four to thirty nine. Big Zoo held it down. A mere coffee bogie. I believe Niko was out there, drew U Banks. Awesome. Awesome performance by the other guys who did not let the Detroit Pistons back in when Harden went to the bench. Same thing he plays the entire third quarter. After three the Clippers led by two. They closed the third quarter with a hardened layup in and one. I believe, Uh, this wasn't right. It wasn't an and one. I don't think. Oh it was the technical foul on Isaiah Stewart. Clippers went from down by one with eighteen point eight seconds left to end the third to being up by two. Big big stretch right there. Coffee also hit a jumper. Miller had to put back dunk during that stretch. So they were able to outscore them seven to two in the final minute twelve of the third quarter. But to have that two point lead. Knowing that James Harden won't be starting the fourth quarter, was big out there to start the fourth Here was the crew, U Banks, Bogie, Emir, Kobe Miller. Kobe Big put back on an a Mere Coffee miss to put him up ninety three to eighty nine to start the fourth. Cade comes back and has a layup on a Mere. He did miss an open three. Caid gets blocked on a layup by U Banks. Jordan Miller gets out, he's running, he gets fouled, but if eats a Zubots comes back in at the ten thirty nine mark. By the time James Harden comes back into the ballgame in the fourth quarter, it was at the seven to forty four mark. The Clippers trailed by two, so they went minus four. Not terrible about the first four and a half minutes of the fourth quarter without James. He took him home fourteen points in the final seven minutes and forty four seconds of the fourth quarter for James. But there were some other big shots out there. I'm talking about Bogie, a three pointer, Bogie, a fadeaway on the near side baseline. Big Zoo stayed in vague. That's what we want to see and just you get them however you take do you take them however you can get them when it comes to victories. Right now, James Harden's got to go out there and get fifty for you to take down the Pistons, the hottest team in the league. You do it. One twenty three to one fifteen was your final quick time out. We'll come back. I'll get to some of your comments here on the YouTube side at Clippers Talk. Eight sixty six ninety seven two five seventy. Eight sixty six ninety eight seven two five seventy is the phone number. I'm Ada Moslin. After the Clippers somehow, some way have one of those gut check victories where they are shorthanded and undermanned without Kawhi, without Norm, without DJ, without Ben Simmons, they win once twenty three to one fifteen thanks to fifty from James Harden. You're listening to AMP five seventy LA Sports. I love this team. I never miss a game.
Speaker 3: You're listening to LA Clippers Basketball three ball, Yes, sir, right here on the LA Clippers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: Clippers get fifty from James Harden and win one twenty three to one fifteen. Over the Detroit Pistons, back it into a dome for the first time. And I don't know, two and a half weeks, three weeks, it's been a while, it's been a long time. Big brother says, three weeks. I believe him. Yo, one, twenty three to one fifteen was your final great win, necessary win, some would say must win. There's twenty games left in the regular season. But to get this performance against this Pistons team, with the guys that were missing on the second night of a back to back, after blowing a twenty three point lead last night, special special win, Clipper Nation, and you showed up in a big way tonight here at into a dome. Give yourself some credit here. You help fuel this team. There were times where it looks like the game was getting away from the Clippers. They were down in the early third by four after a Thompson run out sixty one to fifty seven. Bogie then hit a three pointer that touched every part of the rim in the back part, and I think the basketball God said, we owe you one. We know you've been missing some gimmes. Bogee, here you go the Clippers. I believe from that point on that was in the midst of them hitting nine straight shots in the third quarter, not that the Pistons weren't hitting. Cad would get some free throws after that, but then a Zoo push shot. Clippers are down one. Kate to the rim for a bucket done to Zoo for a floater. Zuo picked up his third foul with the nine thirteen mark of the third and I got a little bit concerned, but Coach Luke kept him in smart move but Toom three. Now the Clippers are up sixty seven to sixty six, but Malik Beasley hit a three to answer. He's a forty four percent three point shooter. Zoo tough layup sixty nine, all nice, done a three off that Zoo feed. In the short roll, Clippers up by one. A Zoo layup, Clippers up by three, hard and three Beasley layup. Clippers up seventy seven to seventy four. Then a turnover and a Cad dunk. But that sequence was huge for the Clippers, so they're down by one at seventy seven to seventy six Pistons. After that, Clippers turnover to a Caid runout, then Bogie left it for Zoo on a great feed where he threw it back to him for an easy layup. Then Bogey has the deflec on the other end, Clippers get the steal Bogee no look past to done farside corner three eighty two seventy six. Clippers. That was them making nine straight shots. That was the sequence right there that might have won them the game. In some ways, that was just critical because it looked like, oh, here come the Pistons. Tie game of the half. They go up four quickly in the third quarter. Clippers showed a lot of poise and then the end of the third quarter as well, after a nine to ozho Detroit run, Emir hits a jumper to calm the waters. The Clippers are only down by one at eighty seven to eighty six. Kobe Steele and Jordan has the put back off the Kobe miss and transition Stuart push shot. Pistons back up one defensive three seconds though on the Pistons, it's eighty nine to all. Harden gets a layup before the quarter is over and before he's out of the ballgame, so the Clippers are up by two heading into the fourth at ninety one to eighty nine, and then they held it down without him. They got down by two by the time he came back around the seven minute mark of the fourth quarter, and from there Harden was cooking. Bogie was two. He hit back to back threes. The first one put him to one hundred. Shout out Ralph Lawler first to one hundred wins. Then Thompson had a turnover after Harden swiped down at the basketball created it. Bogey hits another three. Then Bogie draws the offensive foul. Clippers up one o three to ninety nine. Harden dunk going to his left, still got it said he went air force one mode with the Barack Obama and attendance, and maybe it was a little bit of a shout out or a nod to Derek Jones Junior on his bibblehead night. His bibblehead does have wings airplane mode, James Harden saying, Hey, since you can't throw it down tonight, I'll do it. Eight oh. Clippers run after that, Done has a steal on Cade, then Done to Harden for a floater one oh seven to ninety nine. Hardens at forty. Malik Beasley, he worried me all night. He hit a three pointer to bring it to one o seven to one o two. Doun hits a floater. Dennis hits a three hard and right wing three one twelve to one o five. Dennis answers with a three that goes in and out and back in. It's one twelve one oh eight. The Clippers were pushed hardened layup gets him to forty five. Thompson a turnover in the near side corner where he fell to the ground was crucial. The Clippers ended up with I thought it was a bad ISO, but what can you say about a guy who has fifty points. Harden went ISO on Dennis the menace. Dennis Shrewder lost the ball out of bounds. Clippers had it with two point two seconds left from the shot clock. They go to a beats the Zoo bots. He gets fouled, fall on Duran, so the shot clock recess to fourteen. Harden ended up missing a three, but Beasley missed on the other end fall on Zoo underneath. But it was Caine fouling James Harden and putting him at the line. This was a big foul for the Clippers to steady things a little bit. It was on the near sideline hit him in the face accidentally came over to him, asked James Harden if he was all right. I really really like Kate Cunningham. He is a great young star in this league. I was wrong. I thought Jalen Green would be better coming out. Kay is better. Harden goes to the line. Clippers are up by eight. Beasley misses bogey fade away. Clippers are up by ten. They hold on, They win one twenty three to one fifteen. Let's go to Nick leaving the game. Nick, you got thirty seconds here on Clippers Tuck, how you feeling?
Speaker 2: Hey great, thank you for taking my call. I gotta tell you, I think this is gonna be a springboard for the Clippers tonight. You know it's a must win game. I agree with you, but the fact that like we want it, let's use it as a springboard to go up the Western Conference all the way up to maybe the four or the three, or even catch the Lakers at two. I think that the Pistons coming off the extra rest and the Clippers coming off the road trip with the back to back, it's crazy that we won tonight, Adam, thank you, cousin, Armando and I had a great time at the game. I'll take all your comments off the air.
Speaker 1: Love you bye, Nack, appreciate you, Love you too, my guy. Dive home safe. I like that A victory like that like this can rally, You can have legs, can have carryover because this Pistons team, hottest team in the NBA, best defense since January first. This is a great victory by the Clippers. They responded after what happened last night. They ran through the tape. I'm telling you, I just went through some of the play by play late in the game. They were pushed, they had to close, they had to finish, They had to do what they couldn't last night. And I think a lot of this is because they're back home, sleep in your own beds, feel good home cooking, the crowd behind you into a dome, home court advantage. They've been awesome here after losing their first four. God they win eleven in a row. What was it? But the crowd definitely helped carry them at times. How far it's gonna win like this take them, We'll find out which twenty games left in order to catch a team like the Lakers or the Denver Nuggets, who are seven games up on the Clippers and have the eyebreakers against them. Those are lofty expectations. Can they catch Golden State right now? Meaning can they get out of the play in let's just start there. That's a team they have the tiebreaker over their only game back of them. They still have one more game against them. Uh, quickly, Mike in La, Mike, you're on Clipper stop without a massle.
Speaker 4: How do I couldn't agree with you more? We got to really focus that six you know, sixty we get there.
Speaker 2: That is you know, awesome.
Speaker 4: I'd be, you know, so happy. And tonight was just we needed this one. I mean, this was great. This is a great win. And I want to, you know, give some love to Chris Dunn because you know, obviously there were the guys who you know, played you know, fifty points and then you know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, bog and you know Chris, he plays key plays.
Speaker 4: Exactly, he plays, made some shots, the great defense as always got.
Speaker 2: After Christ done.
Speaker 1: All right, Mike, I appreciate the phone call. Shout out to you always being consistent calling in Chris in La. Another regular here, Chris, you're on Clippers soft with out of mauzl.
Speaker 2: Lo.
Speaker 5: I had him first time calling you since January finally got to a Clipper game into it doom.
Speaker 1: Oh you you were treated to one tonight. Royalty was in the house. It wasn't just Barack Obama, it was Chris in La.
Speaker 5: I came with my cousin. His name is Christopher.
Speaker 1: Also Chris came through and Chris Donne.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 5: So being the first timing into it doom for a Clipper game, I liked what I saw as far as you know, the video screen and the scoreboard and you know, same Clipper at with the colar fans chooting on our team.
Speaker 1: Great victory, Chris. I'm with you. Don't make it the last time the Dome is home.
Speaker 5: This is on Sunday for that lunch pop.
Speaker 1: Okay, coming on Sunday, so you know it's infectious you get in here. You want to come back immediately, Chris and La and we'll be back for the Clippers game on Sunday. That one will be against the Sacramento Kings. That's a team right next to them in the standings. The Clippers leave frogged over them as the Kings loss tonight in Denver. We'll talk more about the standings. We'll get back to your phone calls. Eight sixty six, ninety seven two five seventy on our night where Chris and La showed up and we got to watch James Harden drop fifty, set the into a dome scoring record not gonna be easy to beat. I'm outa Mosland Clippers went over the Pistons one twenty three to one fifteen, and you're listening to a five seventy LA Sports.
Speaker 3: This is the LA Clippers Audio Network.
Speaker 2: Best fans in best arena in the entire sport.
Speaker 3: Take us with you wherever you are on the iHeartRadio.
Speaker 4: Back to Clippers basketball.
Speaker 1: Dames Harden drops fifty tonight here and into a dome when the Clippers win one twenty three to one fifteen over the Detroit Pistons. Welcome back into your postgame show. I'm out of Moslin. Beautiful victory by your LA Clippers when they need it most. After losing six of their first seven games out of the All Star Break, all out on the road, and their first game back, you get a win like this over this Pistons team, with the way they've been playing, they just beat the Clippers. Hopefully this is the start of something. Got to be starting something. Hopefully Clippers only ten turnovers. I want to say they had seven or eight, and then only twelve the game before that. So they've been taking care of the basketball last three games, which is key. Guys, they have been in so many of these games that they have lost as of late. You want to see the tide turn in their favor and be able to close out and have some cold three points shooting from the opposition. Finally it happened. Pistons were only eleven of thirty five. I want to say they were one for the first thirteen. It was bad, but they hit some threes late and the Clippers didn't get rattled this time. It wasn't like what we saw yesterday in Phoenix, where they made a push and the Clippers had no counter. Tonight, on the second night of a back to back, James Harden huge counterpunches some Floyd Mayweather stuff. In thirty eight minutes, he has fifty points on twenty four shots and sixteen free throws that were made most this season. Let's go most. As a Clipper, I believe that may not be accurate. I pride myself on accuracy.
Speaker 2: Here.
Speaker 1: It's a season high in free throws made. I can tell you that much. Zubat six straight double double, his fortieth this season. Man Zubas haters still in shambles two like you got can't get away from this guy, right, I mean he's just dunking, not just on the opposition but on you, like every night. And for those who uh have listened to me and how much I think he should be involved, well you see the result when they play through zoom much more. He ended up taking twenty shots in this ball game. He had twenty two and eleven and three assists. Let's go to Arthur in La Arthur, you got thirty seconds here on Clippers sock. What's up?
Speaker 5: Yes, I'm not in the politics, but yeah, but that was a bounce back win. And how long Ben Simmons gonna be out?
Speaker 1: We don't know. Ben Simmons is day to day.
Speaker 2: Oh okay, hey, thanks Adam.
Speaker 1: All right, Arthur, appreciate the phone call. Eight sixt six nine eighty seven two five seventy is the phone number this Clippers team. I mean, I hope this cure is what ails them, because after what happened last night, I was thinking to myself, they forgot how to win. Losing a twenty three point lead. They forgot how to win. They can't close multiple games during this losing streak, they couldn't close out They should have won a game up by thirteen against the Bucks, and I believe eleven times this season they have lost a game where they were up by ten or more. It's not good. Those are bad habits. They need to rid themselves of the immediately. Tonight step in the right direction because the Pistons pushed them, and the Clippers still outscored them in the fourth quarter thirty two to twenty six, and they answered every time the Pistons made a run. That's what's most impressive to me. They didn't, you know, have some minus twenty in five minute like performance. When James Harden was out of the game. They didn't fall apart at the seams just because he wasn't on the court. At times, they fought, they did what they could. I want to give everybody credit tonight. The bench included Emir Drew, you Banks, Jordan Miller, Kobe Brown. They gave them what they needed during those times when James Harden was out. And I really liked the way Coach lou was staggering taking out of EASTA Zoobots earlier in the first quarter, earlier in the third quarter, getting him back earlier in the second, in the fourth quarter when James was still out so they could play through them. Really smart. Chris Dunn was looking for him a lot. Give coach Lou a ton of credit for everybody saying where's free TV? In the chat, where's that doomer? This team is quit on coach Lou. Do they look like they quit on coach Lou? Ooh? Kate Cunningham getting spicy post game. He was asked about how the Clippers were able to pull away and beat the Pistons. He said, they got calls. Bickerstaff upset too, didn't like how James Harden was officiated tonight. This is a rarity for anybody to accuse the Clippers of getting calls. This is this is extremely rare. This is Haley's comment stuff, guys, Jamie Bickerstaff said postgame quote. If you're not allowed to put your body on him legally talking about James, he's allowed to shoot twenty free throws, you're not gonna be able to guard him. It just makes your job extremely to difficult. Wow. Well, considering the bad whistle historically bad whistle that it seems like the Clippers have gotten throughout the existence of their franchise. You know, I got the world's smallest violin for anybody on the wrong side of the Clippers getting a good whistle for once. I ain't sweating it either. Come on, Clippers win one twenty three to one fifteen. James Harden has fifty. The Pistons are upset well, They're not used to losing lately, so I get it. And the Clippers put up one twenty three on a team that has had the best defensive ratings since January. First, more Clippers stock coming up. I'm out of Moslins. Looking for more postgame quotes eight six, six, nine eighty seven two five seventy. Also, if you want to get on, Clippers win one twenty three to one fifteen over the Pistons here on a mPire seventy LA Sports. I love this team. I never miss a game.
Speaker 3: You're listening to LA Clippers Basketball free ball, Yes, sir, right here on the LA Clippers Audio network.
Speaker 1: Clippers rev the engine a little bit on the Pistons winning one twenty three to one fifteen here and into a dome thanks to James Harden dropping a fifty piece with the former pres in Barack Obama in attendance. Welcome back in I'm out of Moslin. This is Clippers talk. AH sixty six ninety seven two five seventy. James Harden postgame had some quotes talked about scoring fifty in front of Barack Obama. Quote, I wanted my pick with Prezy after the game he left. I guess he wanted to beat traffic. We got a pretty cool relationship. We've met a few times. It's pretty cool to see him at the game. Probably the reason why I played so well. Thanks Obama giving him credit. I like it. He was also asked if it takes a lot out of him to score fifty points. He said, no, I can do it. It's not my first time. No, it's not. Talked about the Clippers bouncing back from last night's loss. Quote, that's the beauty of this league. Things aren't going well, you got to continue to work through it. Things can change for you like that. I've been in this league a long time and I've seen it. So just trying to be as much of a leader as I can and communicate that to the guys. Things aren't going our way. You got to figure out ways to fight through it and get closer and be tighter. Tonight was a good star for us. Love hearing that from James Harden postgame. That is extremely encouraging, I said pregame. As quickly as things have gone against the Clippers with coming into tonight being losers of six of their last seven games out of the All Star Break is quick. Things have gone away from them and gotten away from them. It can turn around on a dime back in their favor too. Let's not forget that. Hopefully tonight is the start of something for this Clippers team. They need it desperately right now. Have to find a way to get out of this funk. And James Harden got out of his because I'm telling you he was shooting I think twenty eight percent from the field his last three games he was fourteen of fifty, and tonight he drops fifty. Justin Russo, said James Harden. Vitezubasen, bog Don, Bogdanovich combined for sixty of the Clippers' field goal attempts on the night and ninety five of the team's one hundred and twenty three points. That's a big three right there. James Harden also became the eighth oldest player in NBA history to notch a fifty point game. Justin Russo said, it was just a three big, three game losing streak, but because there was one win sandwiched in between another three game losing streak, it felt worse than that. It really did, And because of the time off from the All Star break, you wanted to see the Clippers come out of the gates firing here. It hasn't happened. It's tonight that turning point. We'll find out on Friday. They're back home against the Knicks. But at the very least, you gotta think James Harden is gonna have a ton of confidence with his shot, with or without Barack Obama in the building here and into it dumb on Friday. Could we make I know we did a lot of this during COVID. We had cardboard cutouts all over the place. Maybe we just have one if you can't be in attendance understandably, busy man, maybe we could just have a cardboard cutout a Barack Obama next to Steve Bamer very next game. That'd be nice if that's what it takes for a fifty point game from James hard and then come on and maybe a hologram. We got the technology. Now this is into It Dome. Steve Omer has spared no expense. I just we need that aura apparently because James Harden set himself probably the reason he played so well. They're friends, you know, Barack Obama huge basketball fan. But special night here and into It Dome. Jared Goff also in attendance, former QB with the Rams at a tough out in the playoffs this season, but Detroit was the number one seed. The Commanders took him down and the crowd tonight was loud. Big brother Jake Warner took note of it. I think early pregame set that's the most people I've seen the wall is that facts like the wall was so full early on, it was rowdy. It just you know, when you have just gotten a taste of having your own home, finally having your own arena, and you're three weeks away from it, absence makes the heart grow fonder. It was so good to be back tonight and so good to see a performance like this. Just refreshing, heartening, It says some of these disheartening performance we have seen, that's all a part of this. This doesn't happen, I believe without the Clippers being heard into a dome in this setting, back home with their fan base surrounding them. This was a great, great victory and Clipper Nation, you helped push them across the finish line. You were integral to this one tonight, that moment at the end where you knew James Harden needed to hit one for throw out to get to fifty and the wall was chanting we won fifty, and James Harden looked and kind of gave like a yeah, I think I can do that smirk, looked towards the wall. The interaction there is just great to see. He was in his comfort zone. Clippers win one twenty three to one fifteen here at into it zme Clippers next game right back here. This is a home stand and these are huge games. This is three game homestand Friday against the Knicks, Sunday against the Kings. They need both ball games. Friday. We expect Kawhi Leonard to be back. You know, Norm won't be because as of yesterday he was ten days away from being reevaluated. Maybe DJ's back, maybe Ben Simmons is back. Is the cavalry on the way that could help. But build off of this, find something in this win that can propel you forward and springboard you towards a winning streak. Tip off against the Knicks. Here it into a Dome on Friday, seven thirty pregame show starting at six thirty. Before we get out of here, I do want to thank the Clippers organization, Ralph Lawler, Brian Sieman, Noah Igo, Carlo Jimmenez, Paper the Jay Warner, our head engineer here at the Dome, our producer back in Burbank, Daniel West, Thank you. Daniel. Our leads statistician Chris Taylor. Till Friday with Clippers and Knicks with ther pregame show starting in six thirty. I'm Ouda Moslin. We'll talk to you then. How about James Harden.
Speaker 3: This has been Clippers Talk right here on your home for the La Clippers Audio Network. Don't miss a single edition all season long, after every game.
Speaker 1: The volume is truly impressive.
Speaker 3: And make sure to follow wherever you podcast for special offer editions.
Speaker 5: Clippers Talk Maybe