Speaker 1: Alrighty, it is the croll Cast. I am carell. I have no idea what's going on.
Speaker 2: I had a whole intro prepared for you, a sixty second intro, and it played fine during rehearsals, and it's not playing fine now.
Speaker 1: So no idea, no idea how the show is gonna go. Don't know what's going on.
Speaker 2: But hey, you know, today's show is really about fears, and this is one of them that I'm a one man show, and sometimes things go wrong and I don't know how.
Speaker 1: To fix them.
Speaker 2: So we're just gonna play it by ear today. Whatever happens with the video happens with the video. I don't know how to explain that any other way other than wirecast and restream and all this technology sometimes just doesn't work.
Speaker 1: And so there we have it. Yeah, I don't get it. I don't know.
Speaker 2: I wish I could take this microphone off this mic stand and walk over there and figure it out for you today, but I can't. So, but it is a show about fear because I was thinking a lot about the news, and you know, again, we did a show or a couple of shows last week about how MAGA and liberals they're not all that different that they worry about a lot of the same stuff. It's just the way that they solve the problem that's different. And then there's other stuff that liberals don't worry about that conservatives due and has always confounded people, like gay rights or trans people. You know why a liberal or a maga worries so much about trans people when they're less than one percent of the population, And what their fear is there, I don't know, But we have moved into an era in the United States of fear based everything. Fear based marketing, fear based just fear based everything, fear based politics, fear based media. If you read headlines, those are fear based. Everything, it seems in our society is set up to scare you. Scare you into a medical test, scare you into taking a medication, scare you into taking a vaccine, scare you into this, scare you into that, scare everything is about scaring you, and even our politics. You know, during the campaign, what the Democrats really sold was that you should be afraid of Donald Trump and what Donald Trump is going to do. They didn't really base their campaign on what we're going to do and how it's going to be so much better. They really based their campaign on why you should be afraid of Donald Trump? And that's interesting to me. And as and if you look around now, if you look around in society, you will see that it's a fear based everything. You know, every headline, every newspaper, every everything basically just.
Speaker 1: Deals in fear.
Speaker 2: And it got me thinking, I wonder, you know, I spend a lot of time having anxiety, and I started to wonder, is my anxiety unique? In other words, am I the only one feeling afraid of these certain things?
Speaker 1: You know?
Speaker 2: Because I beat myself up over that a lot, I think to myself, no one else is worried about this. So we're going to try to get the video squared away, We're gonna to try to get everything going again.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 1: But it really just becomes a matter of we're talking today about.
Speaker 2: What gets you really down in your souls, what gives you the most ang guy?
Speaker 4: What is it really?
Speaker 1: Not what the media thinks it is, but what is the support the Correll cast.
Speaker 2: Then like and subscribe to YouTube videos at the Really Correl channel. Just go to YouTube dot com forward slash Really Correll, that's kr e L and subscribe to the most exciting YouTube stream available today.
Speaker 3: If you're not visiting really corell dot com daily, you're missing out. Get the podcast videos and the blug including recipes at reallycorrell dot com.
Speaker 4: Show Time is here. No time to fear. Correll is so near because showtime is here. So on with the show. Let's give it a go.
Speaker 5: Carrella is the one that you need to know. Now it's show.
Speaker 6: Signe all right in just sixty seconds. The most fabulous I mean, he's really something the best, most fabulous host will be here. He just tells the truth all the time, bigly, and he's funny, this guy.
Speaker 1: Have you heard him?
Speaker 6: Yeah, he's funny and smart, smart and funny, not like those nasty people on lamestream media. So don't go anywhere. He's almost here. I know he doesn't speak well of me, and that's okay because I mean he's really quite fabulous.
Speaker 2: Show SI alrighty, then it's my show. And if I want to start it all over again, I will. That's the beauty of not being on a network. So we're starting all over again like the beginning just never happened. Just to raise it from your minds, we're talking fear today.
Speaker 3: What Are you afraid of uncensored, unfiltered, unhinged.
Speaker 7: It's a cell cast.
Speaker 3: Listen daily on your favorite streaming service.
Speaker 1: Oh my gosh, I'm green. Look at me. I'm as green as convenient? What's going on here?
Speaker 2: See?
Speaker 1: Today just doesn't want to work, does it? Today just doesn't want to work? Oh well, there we go, there we go. Today just doesn't want to work.
Speaker 2: I'm doing a show about fear, and my biggest fears of the show just not working happen.
Speaker 1: Isn't that something?
Speaker 2: I mean, it's kind of interesting to me that this is going on today during this particular show that, you know, a show that I have about fear, and yet my fears are coming true because one of my biggest fears is that I cannot during the show address the technical issues because I'm one person.
Speaker 1: Uh and bam.
Speaker 2: You know what happens already in the chatroom at YouTube dot com forward sashually Correll, or on Instagram or on TikTok, people are saying fear sells products.
Speaker 1: Why do you suppose that is?
Speaker 2: Why do you suppose is it because retailers found out and companies found out, and so they only play to that Because I don't think fear is the only thing that sells products. I think happiness sells products. I think joy sells products. I think, you know, home or self improvement, home improvement. I think improving yourself or your environment sells products.
Speaker 1: I don't.
Speaker 2: I'm not tied to the whole thing that fear is what sells products. It does, but I don't think it's the only tool they have in their arsenal to sell those products.
Speaker 1: And and I do.
Speaker 2: Now you all know, I worry a lot about my health. I have medical anxiety today alone, I have a nuclear stress test for my heart because they haven't done one in four years now.
Speaker 1: I don't think I need one.
Speaker 2: But I'm not going to tell my cardiologists to his face that I think he's just trying to charge, you know, my insurance for a test I don't want. You know, you got to go run on a treadmill and they give you an IV and they put a radioactive tracer in you, and then they take pictures of your heart before you exercise and after you exercise to see about the blood flow. So I figure, well, it can't hurt, but I don't feel I need it, and I have fear about the outcome.
Speaker 1: Are they going to find something? You know?
Speaker 2: So fear plays a lot in my life medical anxiety. I fear a I really do. I know you shouldn't fear it, but let me rephrase. I don't fear aging. I fear aging and having something happen where I have to go into some sort of care and not having the resources that Wendy Williams does uh to go into decent care. And I don't really have a family.
Speaker 1: I do.
Speaker 2: I have niece's nephews and all of that, but I don't have someone that's gonna like take care of me. So I do have a fear that if I make it to eighty or ninety and I need, you know, care, who's going to give it?
Speaker 1: Where am I gonna? Where am I gonna get it? You know? So I do have that fear. I do.
Speaker 2: I have an economic fear. I think we all do. What happens if my income goes away? What happens you know, if social security disability goes away? What happens if the stock markets or if our monetary system just goes away? You know, all these economic fears. What happens if groceries continue to climb climb climb, climb, climb, you know, I mean, we can't afford them as they are now. And so when I sit around in the evenings to you know, think about life, or in the mornings when we wake up, I do have fears that you know, nest and so today I wanted to talk with you about those because I think you have them too. I think Maga has them. Donald Trump is in office because cisgendered, white people are basically afraid that they're losing their grip on America. And they are, I mean, their fear is founded because that demographic is changing. The other day, Steve and I were.
Speaker 1: At lunch because I allowed myself to go to lunch over the weekend.
Speaker 2: Uh, and we asked the gen Z server who was serving us if he was religious, and he wasn't. And we asked if his friends were religious, and they're not. And he's twenty six years old. And so the younger people are more tolerant of gays and buys and trans black women. They you know, they're not religious zelods, they're so these young people are coming up and they're making older white Americans afraid that they're America. They're good, God fearing white Christian America is going away. It is, and that's why Donald Trump won. It wasn't the price of eggs. It wasn't any of that. It was clear cut fear by white people. And I know they talked about the black people, of the brown people that voted for Trump. I'm telling you a majority of his voters are white, and I'm sure play of them are afraid. They're afraid, and all he tells them, and all the GOP tells them, is to be afraid. For instance, why on earth would they care about drag queens reading to their children. Why There's never been one case where anything bad has ever happened, ever happened, So why would they be afraid of drag queens reading to their children? Because they were told to be They were told to fear. They weren't told why. Fox News and News Nation and OAM and all of their propaganda never told them why to fear the drag queens. The drag queens weren't running around putting everybody in the room in drag. They weren't sexually molesting anybody. They were just reading stories. So why fear that?
Speaker 1: They don't know? Why?
Speaker 2: They just know they do? Why do they fear trans people in a bathroom. Many countries, the bathrooms are multi gender, they're not, you know, same gender. So why do you fear a trans person going into your bathroom? What's the worst thing that's going to happen. They're not going to stand there and undress in front of the sink and show off their parts. So what is the absolute worst thing that could happen about? And they're never asked that about their fear. They're never asked, well, why are you afraid? What if you know this actually happened, what's going to happen to you? Their fears are never questioned ever, and that you may say because they don't have critical thinking skills or whatever it might be. But no one ever challenges their fears and says and shows them, look, you have to be afraid of you know, there's nothing to fear from a drag queen reading a book. There's nothing to fear from a transperson using the same bathroom. No one ever wants to show them that there's nothing to fear because we look at their fears as stupid.
Speaker 1: Well, some of my fears are stupid, you know they are.
Speaker 2: I worry far too much about a future that I can't control I have genuine fear about climate change and about so many other things, and I can't control it, So fearing it, what's it matter? So so a lot of my fears are stupid. You know, they're not the only ones with stupid fears. A lot of your fears are stupid. A lot of the stuff that you worry about that gives you anxiety probably shouldn't, and yet it does. So, as the saying goes, no one's heartburn is like your heartburn. But I was wondering what you guys. I'd like to see your comments. I'd like to see in the chat room. I would like to see what you fear, you know. Is it financial? Is this money you fear running out? Is it job security? What are your biggest fears right now, this day today, I want to know.
Speaker 1: I'll tell you mine if you tell me yours.
Speaker 2: Want to support the Corell cast, then like and subscribe the YouTube videos at the really Corell channel. Just go to YouTube dot com forward slash really Correll, that's k L and subscribe to the most exciting YouTube stream available today.
Speaker 3: If you're not visiting really Corell dot com daily, you're missing out. Get the podcast videos and the blug including recipes at reallycorrel dot com.
Speaker 2: So every day we're reading something horrific about what's going on. I got to tell you I have to fly soon. And Trump firing the people at the FAA. This plane flipping. Did you see the plane that flipped over in Toronto? Did you see it?
Speaker 1: Holy Christ?
Speaker 2: There is video that people took as they're leaving the plane and they're I mean, everything's upside. All I thought about was, oh my god, if Ember and I were on that plane, how would I have you know, kept Ember from having, you know, well being killed and all this other stuff. And I just, you know, I'm getting a pretty healthy fear of flying now. I've never had a fear.
Speaker 1: Of flying ever, ever, ever, ever, ever.
Speaker 2: And never, But now I'm getting a healthy fear of flying as i age. Trump is firing people at the FAA. The skies are very very crowded. Boeing planes aren't the most reliable anymore. I know it's safe. I know in theory that I'll be okay. But I gotta tell you, I'm getting a pretty decent fear of flying because when you combine the political environment, the FAA firings, and everything else with congested skies, airplanes that are old, and you know, others that are turning over on the fricking runway, turning over. How do you freaking flip over on a runway. They didn't flip over in the air. It wasn't like they landed upside down. That thing was belly up with its landing gear up in the air, like a dead pigeon.
Speaker 1: Whose feet are just sticking up. It was horrible to see.
Speaker 2: And this one guy, this young guy that was taping it and getting off the way, he just kept.
Speaker 1: Saying, holy frack, holy frack.
Speaker 2: Using a different word that rhinds with the truck, holy frack, holy freck. What I mean, what what would you be saying? You'd be saying that very thing. And what do you do.
Speaker 1: If that wasn't your final destination?
Speaker 2: Do you get on another plane after just being turned upside down in one? I just don't think so. Hello to Teresa, Hello to Ray, Hello to others chatting in the chat rooms. I see all of your chats, so please go ahead and comment. So fear flying is really becoming a fear that I have, and that's gonna cut into my life because as an entertainer.
Speaker 1: You gotta fly. Well Barber doesn't, Aretha didn't, Whoopee doesn't. But you know, so.
Speaker 2: That that is a fear. I don't fear what's happening in Ukraine. I don't, and I know it could lead to a world war. But I don't fear a world war because if that happens, everything's gonna be so terrible that there's no sense fearing it. It's gonna have It'll be something to endure, you know. I mean, supplies will run out, and money might the banks, who knows, but you know, we'll see. But Putin's not budging, and we already had a meeting today in Saudi Arabia. Without our European allies. We're pissing off the rest of the world. They're not liking us.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 2: I'm not afraid of that either, because they're you know, their attitudes will change when the regime changes. If you know, if the regime changes, then their their anger will go away.
Speaker 1: So I don't fear world war. I don't really fear climate change. I don't fear it.
Speaker 2: I realize we have to adapt to it, and that might even mean moving somewhere to you know, be able to access fruits and vegetables and things like that. But I don't really fear climate change. That's not what gives me anxiety at night when I'm sitting around the house. And that's why I think we're very close to Maga in that respect. I think they worry about the same thing. I think they worry about their health, you know, their health care, their access to health care. And I think they worry about aging, just like I do, and you do. I think they worry about family, you know, family members, and you know family. I worry about my sister all the time. You know, I think that I think our fears are more common. And I don't know why I'm looking for common ground with Maga. I don't, I really don't. But I just hate to think that we're so different, that we're so divided, that we're so irreparably broken.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 2: I'm trying to think to myself, Well, don't they think just like you in some ways? Not always, but some ways, you know, don't they worry about their moms and their dads. You know, my maintenance guy here, Eric, he's Maga. He just lost his mom. I started to talk to him about it. He cried you know, they have emotions, they you know, it's it's just that they've been sold this, this fear based philosophy for so long that they don't know anything else.
Speaker 1: They're afraid of everything. You know.
Speaker 2: Tom Hanks does a skit on Saturday Night Live, you know, making fun of Maga, and suddenly they're denouncing him, and it's like, what are you afraid of? Why are you afraid if Tom Hanks makes fun of you? What's the harm? What's gonna happen? And that's the thing. They never think it through, their fears through. I think you and I tend to do that more than they do. We think our fears through. We're like, yeah, I'm afraid of that, But what's the worst that can happen with health? The worst that can happen is you die, and we're all going to and none of us want to, but I mean, that's the worst that can happen. Everything short of that. You might be afraid of MS, or you might be afraid of a heart condition, whatever, but if you live through it or live with it, at least you're not dead.
Speaker 1: And can we alleviate any of our fears.
Speaker 2: I used to think that having a ton of money would alleviate most of my fears.
Speaker 1: I really did.
Speaker 2: Believe that that having a ton of money would alleviate most of my fears.
Speaker 1: I don't think that anymore.
Speaker 2: I think Elon Musk is one of the most afraid people on the planet. I think he's terrified. He's terrified of losing his money. He's terrified of being irrelevant, he's terrified of not being liked. He I mean, I think he has I think he's just fear filled because look at how he acts. He acts like somebody that's terrified. People that act like Trump Trump is terrified. Trump has a lot of fear, he really does. He fears not winning. That's his biggest fear, not winning. He fears being a failure. That's his biggest fear, being a failure, and he'll do anything to not be a failure. And so by playing to the fears of Maga, he has become a success and that fills him with energy being a success. I think his biggest fear is failure, and yet he's so good at it. I don't know why he would fear it. He's failed it almost everything he ever did. But I believe it's his biggest fear. My biggest fear, I guess outside of death is sickness, a terrible sickness, MS or something cancer, something horrible that you can't control.
Speaker 1: I think think that's it. I think my biggest fear is.
Speaker 2: Being out of control, not being able to control my health, not being able to control my healthcare if I get older, and not being able to control my destiny, whether I stay in my home or have to be put somewhere. I think being in or out of control is possibly my biggest fear. But isn't that Magus. Isn't that one of maggas biggest fears, not being in control? Not having cisgendered, white, straight Christian people in control, that's also their biggest fear, not being in control.
Speaker 1: What's yours? I'd love to read it.
Speaker 2: Let's see, let's see what they're saying in the chat room. Political affiliation is used as an index for one's entire value system, which is why we speak that identify or simplifies our responses. Uh, Trump cheated and ragged everything inside of worthy fear.
Speaker 1: My kid's not having a good life when I'm gone. That's leg that's straight up legit right there. I worry about dying before Ember.
Speaker 2: That is one of my google here, and I'd like to take a moment to thank all the patrons at Patreon. Your support means the absolute world to me and the show. If you'd like to show your support for the crazy endeavors of the Carrel Cast, then please go to patreon dot com, forward slash really Corell. That's Patreon dot com forward slash, really Corell, and please help get those numbers up by subscribing to the YouTube channel YouTube dot com forward slash, Really Correll. There's so much great free content there, it's like having a network on your TV, phone or tablet. All social media is really correl Slands, Threads and Instagram, and don't forget the website that's had it all all along, really Correl dot com. Without your support, the show simply doesn't work. So please listen on all streaming services, watch and subscribe on YouTube, and support the show to Patreon at Patreon dot com, forward slash Really Correl. Thanks almost thirty years of support to the loudest, craziest, most unhinged gay guy and his little dog.
Speaker 1: And let's keep the party going as long as we can.
Speaker 2: You know, in the chat room, someone said some of their fears. My kid's not having a good life when I'm gone mine too. I always tell everyone I have to live at least five or seven more years because I have to live longer than ever. I have to, because no one's going to take care of the way that I do. Losing health insurance, medicare, I'm afraid of that too, Losing savings and financial crisis.
Speaker 1: I think we're all afraid of that.
Speaker 2: World War nuclear were loss of freedom. I think that's the biggest one. Loss of freedom means loss of control. Someone said, I fear getting Alzheimer's. I agree, I agree, you know, And I'm a vegan eye extra I's two hours a day, you know, I can get no more exercise. I exercise more than most of you this morning, already it's not even eleven o'clock. And already today I've done ten minutes of yoga, twenty minutes of weights, fifty pushups, walked two and a half well jog jog, walked two and a half miles, and ran up and down an incline eight times already and it's not even eleven. So an hour walking and running at the park, and a half hour doing yoga and weights here at the house, and then I'll do another half hour one mile walk tonight with Ember. So that's a total of an hour and a half walking and running and jogging and going up hills, and then a half hour of.
Speaker 1: Weights and yoga. So two hours a day of exercise.
Speaker 2: And I eat vegan food, and I don't eat bad vegan food that much.
Speaker 1: I didn't make custard last night from custard powder.
Speaker 2: Oh. I found the custard powder from Europe. It's wonderful. I found it on Amazon. It's so good. It's custard powder. You just take two tablespoons of custard powder, two tablespoons of sugar, and two cups of plant milk and wizz it up, heat it up and it's.
Speaker 1: Custard and it's so good.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, I'm so happy I found the custard powder.
Speaker 1: So I had to jog up those heals a little more today, Yes, I did. So.
Speaker 2: I eat as well as you can eat. I eat two cups of fruit aday. How much fruit do you eat a day? Seriously, how much fruit do you eat a day? You're supposed to eat two cups. I eat a banana, an orange, a kiwi blueberries, strawberries, cantalope, pineapple. Those are all fruits. I have mango. I mix it up every morning. One morning I'll do Tropica with mango and pineapple and kiwi and blueberries. Never eat blueberries and bananas together. The banana cancels out the antioxidants of the blueberries. But so I eat two cups of fruit today. I eat over thirty plants a week. I have a green leafy vegetable with at least one or two meals every day. I only eat plant based proteins, beans tofu.
Speaker 1: All of that.
Speaker 2: So I don't know how much healthier I could eat or do in terms of exercise. And I do have to rest on that that you know what I'm doing all I can.
Speaker 1: You know I'm doing all I can.
Speaker 2: So I fear Alzheimer's like everybody else, anyone over the age of sixty, because you see what's happened to Wendy Williams, and you see other people, and you think, I don't want that to be me. You know, I don't want to look at people I love and not know who they are. Of course you don't know that. You don't know. It's the only blessing of Alzheimer's. I guess you don't know that. You don't know so, but I mean I fear that. And when we live in a fear based place, this is the society that we get. Our society exists the way it exists right now because we all live in a fear based and environment and you can't thrive in that.
Speaker 1: You can.
Speaker 2: Many people fear they'll never be able to afford a home. It's a real fear, you know. So you cannot thrive when you're filled with fear and anxiety. And that's why Americans are not thriving. We're not thriving. Whether you're maga or liberal, whatever. Even the very rich are not thriving. Oh they're happier than we are. They are, but they're not thriving. If they were, they wouldn't act so miserable all the time. Rich people act miserable. Elon Musk acts just miserable. Many rich people I know act miserable. They should be the happiest people in the world, and yet they're miserable. And look at all the trouble they get into, including celebrities. Look at the miserable lives they end up living with all of that privilege and wealth. The case after case after case of rich people not living fabulous lives because they carry that fear with them into their stratosphere.
Speaker 1: It just becomes different fears. So I want us to.
Speaker 2: All work on not letting our anxieties and fears over Trump. I mean, they're all valid. I'm not saying that a lot of your fears aren't real. You might get Alzheimer's, you could have a heart attack, I might get cancer next week. I'm not saying that your fears aren't rooted in reality some of them. I'm just saying that we seem now just to be operating from that space. Every headline, you know, Zizzy and murder cult finally caught, you know, horrifying weather killing thousands, and all the every just you could go through today's headlines and it's nothing but fear after fear after fear, upside down airplane?
Speaker 1: Could this happen to you? You know?
Speaker 2: And every headline is something fear based, And so we've got to start turning that around. We need some optimism. I think that's why Kamalist campaign with such a breath of fresh air. I think America what it needs more than anything right now is optimism. I think we all need to feel like there's a future, because I don't feel like one. Do you do you guys feel like there's a future because I don't, And.
Speaker 1: That's a bad way to feel.
Speaker 2: By the way, I don't feel like there's this bright future ahead of America. I think America is not gonna make it. I really fear this is the end of America as I know it, and so I don't see a bright future for America.
Speaker 1: And as for me personally, I try to.
Speaker 2: Stay focused on releasing records and doing the podcast and you know, all of that. But I also fear that in this entertainment industry, I'm just too old. I'm sixty two. I know there's Share and there's Bonnie Rae and there's these others, but they're established stars. They're not trying to break into other areas of entertainment. You know, I'm a talk show host.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 2: If there were radio stations hiring, I wouldn't be afraid of applying because of my age. But movie casting, television casting, doing dance music at sixty two years old, that I'm a little afraid of. So how do you vanquish your fears? I'd love to read your comments down below this video wherever you're watching it. How do you vanquish them? How do you say? You know what, I'm not going to live in a space of fear. I'm going to live in a place of optimism and positivity no matter what is going on around me.
Speaker 1: How do you do that? I'm not asking for a friend, I'm asking for me. That ain't rhetorical. How do you how do you do that? Because I can't seem to get to that place yet.
Speaker 2: I can't seem to get to a place where every day I say I'm going to operate from optimism and positivity. Every day I wake up and think, oh my god, what's gonna happen today?
Speaker 1: You know that's.
Speaker 2: Pretty much how I wake up? How do you all wake up? I'd love to hear from you. If this were on KFI or kg O, I'd have a full phone line right now. Ray is plant based because of me, Yay, drink Mancha.
Speaker 1: I do have a backup caretaker for Mber and your will.
Speaker 2: I do authorities use fear to control others, often with the latters.
Speaker 1: That is true. That is true, authorities use fear to control us.
Speaker 2: But look at the Bible religion is the ultimate fear based doctrine. Do the or have eternity in hell? I mean, isn't that the ultimate fear?
Speaker 1: I am Corell.
Speaker 2: If you want to be anybody, We'll try to get the videos right away tomorrow.
Speaker 1: I don't know what happened to it today. It took practice. If it's something, I don't know, but.
Speaker 2: I'll figure it out all alone on my own until then. Thanks for joining us, and joining us every day Monday through Thursday at tenth.
Speaker 7: Broadcasting from a completely different point of view, yours Listen daily to the Corel Cast. Down your favorite streaming service. It's broadcasting from a completely different point of view, yours listen daily to the Corel cast. Don your favorite streaming service.
Speaker 4: So time is here, no time to fear, Corell is so near because show time is here. So on with the show. Let's give it a go.
Speaker 5: Carilla is the one that you need the no. Carilla is the one that you need to know. Now it's show.
Speaker 6: Side all right in just sixty seconds. The most fabulous I mean, he's really something. The best most fabulous host will be here. He just tells the truth all the time, Bigley, and he's funny, this guy.
Speaker 1: Have you heard