Speaker 1: This is Gary and Shannon and you're listening to kf I A M six forty, the Gary and Shannon Show on demand on the iHeartRadio app. President Trump said today that war plans should not be shared with Elon Musk because of his business interests.
Speaker 2: Oh look at that. You want to just start swampwash right there. Sure, let's get it since we're talking, since I'm a politician and not me.
Speaker 1: When I'm not kissing babies, I'm stealing their lollipop. Here, we got.
Speaker 3: The real problem is that our leaders are done.
Speaker 1: The other side never quits.
Speaker 3: So what.
Speaker 4: I'm not going anywhere so that you train the squat, I can imagine what can be and be unburdened by what has been.
Speaker 1: You know, Americans have always been going at President, but they're not stupid.
Speaker 2: A political plunder is when a politician actually tells the truth.
Speaker 1: Why have the people voted for you were not swampwatch? They're all counting on them.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 5: So this was reported this morning.
Speaker 2: New York Times, Wall Street Journal, Washington Post all had stories early this morning about this meeting. Elon Musk was going to go to the Pentagon and, according to the different papers, was going to be briefed on war plans for China. The Washington Post specifically said the meeting was focused on the threat post by China. New York Times the military's plan for any war that might break out with China, and The Wall Street Journal said it was a top secret briefing on plans for a potential war with China. They've all changed that and now simply say that it was a meeting, even though Defense Secretary Pete Hegseth and President Trump both said this isn't this doesn't have anything to do with China.
Speaker 3: There was no war plans. There's no Chinese war plans, there was no secret plans. That's not what we were.
Speaker 1: Doing with the Pentagon.
Speaker 3: Elon Musk provides a lot of capabilities our government and our military rely on, and I'm grateful for that. We welcomed him today to the Pentagon to talk about DOGE, to talk about efficiencies, to talk about innovations.
Speaker 2: Sean Parnello is a Pentagon spokesperson and said that the meetings, specif typically, was about what heg Seth said there the innovation.
Speaker 6: Elon Musk is just coming over here for a visit. Again. He's an innovator. This is a guy that shot a rock at a thousands of miles an hour. That's thousands of pounds, and as it landed back on the Earth, it was grabbed out of mid air by a giant robot arm.
Speaker 1: All right, let's just calm it down. If you need a moment for Elon Muskin his accomplishments, maybe you do that on your private time. But Trump did say Elon has businesses in China, and he would be susceptible to any sort of hypothetical war with China, is what he was talking about. He would be susceptible to that. He of course brings up Tesla, which has production in China. Sure, so, I mean, it was very astute of him and important for him to publicize this and mention it. They're trying to expand and expand sales in China as well and production, I should say production and sales there. So it's nice to hear him say that. Yeah, I do believe in chikes and bounds, separation of powers, so to speak, in this regard.
Speaker 2: The President and the Secretary of Defense also announced from the White House today that the new most sophisticated fighter jet in the history of the world, contract has been awarded to Boeing. This is the next generation air dominance program will replace the F twenty two Raptor with an F forty seven, an airplane built to enter combat with drones.
Speaker 5: Alongside drones.
Speaker 2: This is the human controlled airplane, but that it's going to have gosh, a mascot like a Disney mascot with it in the form of drones.
Speaker 1: Potentially.
Speaker 2: This was a not a long time coming, but we know that there have been problems with the F twenty two and the F thirty five.
Speaker 1: It'll be known as the F forty seven. The General's picked a title and lessen its beautiful number. Let me tell you Bowen got that contract because somebody came up with calling at the F forty seven, sir. Of course it is the best, the biggest plane that we've had. It's going to be the quarterback of our fleet. And of course, with a plane of this magnitude, this size, this stealth, this ability to penetrate China like no other aircraft has before, of course we're going to name it F forty seven. I mean lockeed Martin didn't come with that kind of presentation.
Speaker 5: No, they can't. They were going to call it the f forty one.
Speaker 1: They were something like they were done.
Speaker 2: They didn't do it right. This obviously has the connection. I didn't put it together until you said it. But yes, the forty seven is tickling his uh oh yeah, how could it not monkey brain?
Speaker 1: We tickle mine and I don't have those. They call it the f Farren.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 2: The other thing that's going on in DC today is that a district judge is holding a hearing today.
Speaker 1: And in space wars, you know what I mean, maybe there's just a spaceship called the fars something like that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And it's the biggest This judge is the one that ordered those planes of deported migrants that were all on their way to El Salvador to be turned around and brought back.
Speaker 5: They weren't.
Speaker 2: And there is a question about whether or not the members of the administration should be held in contempt of court because they ignored the order from Judge James Boseberg. The President says, this guy's a nut job.
Speaker 1: You can't stop that With a judge sitting behind the bench that has no idea what goes on, who happens to be a radical left.
Speaker 2: Lunatic, the judge is asking them for any amount of information about the government's use of the Alien Enemies Act. Again, we talked before about this eighteenth century law. This scheduled hearing is going to start about fifteen minutes from now. The government has to decide by Tuesday whether it's going to invoke a specific privilege that allows them to keep some things secret. They could say based on national security. We cannot tell you exactly why we kicked some of these trend de Arragua alleged gang members out of the country, but they have to decide soon if they're going to do that. The judge is at least allowing that, and we'll be hearing more on that case in just a few minutes.
Speaker 1: The first flight has landed at Heathrow since that fire shut down the busiest airport, some could argue in the globe. On the globe, I don't know what the busiest airport is, but Heathrow would have been my guess. Anyway, I think it's Heartsfield, okay, But as you could Atlanta. Yeah, but as you can imagine, the reverberations of this shutdown are going to last for days. We've got tearing the skies coming up. But next the loneliest people in places in America. Where do you think those are? He throws fifth, fifth, So is a hair ahead of them? No?
Speaker 2: No, so Heath. So it's a Heartsfields Field Jackson Atlanta International.
Speaker 1: Okay? Is it like Dubai or something? Dubai is number two, okay, And then it would be in this country, in this country, massive airport, massive like lax.
Speaker 2: No spread out over Denver, no more more more than that.
Speaker 1: Dallas war Worth, Oh, okay is three. Tokyo is four. I'm a love Field person. He throws five.
Speaker 2: Love Field is so great, so easy, it's easy. Version of Burbank.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well, you know what though, Burbank's version of Burbank is Long Beach. It's a new thing. I've discovered.
Speaker 5: Burbank's version of Burbank.
Speaker 1: Long Beach Airport makes Burbank look like lax.
Speaker 2: Loneliest people in the world. Gary and Channon will continue.
Speaker 4: You're listening to Gary and Shannon on demand from KFI AM six forty.
Speaker 1: Oh my gosh, it was up by eleven at one point. I picked Baylor for this upset. They were up by twelve the last time I looked.
Speaker 5: And that's so here we are, Wow, here we are.
Speaker 1: There's a couple of upsets yesterday Texas, Texas, just saying no, no, it was well. Listen, there were two hours. There was a twelve seed that way. That was the twelve seeds quick sports.
Speaker 5: Note.
Speaker 2: What's the fact if you had to right now, I mean you could change your sh niece McNeese, that's what. You could change your your attire and your shoes. And I asked you to run a mile. What's your what's your time?
Speaker 1: All out far? Just one just one mile, all in one mile. I could probably do it in eight something eight. Okay, that's good, that's probably. That's a healthy. That's a healthy. Just the one mile, just one.
Speaker 2: After that, you're gonna need a week off and a mobility aide like the astronauts had getting out of the space.
Speaker 1: It's gonna be it would be a push. It would be a hard hard you'd cry at the end. I would.
Speaker 2: Fifteen year old Sam Ruthie of New Zealand has become the youngest person ever to run a sub four minute mile. He's fifteen. I mean he weighs like one hundred mins.
Speaker 1: I was gonna say how much this one weak cross.
Speaker 2: The line at Auckland, New Zealand with a time of three fifty eight thirty five, finishing just behind the pacemaker, and a two time Olympian named Sam Tanner ben Wall also finished within four minutes. So fifteen year old ran a sub four minute mile.
Speaker 1: It's pretty spectacular.
Speaker 2: There was a question Omika Sura Wanshi had a question about how many American adults feel lonely. Last month, the Washington Post was looking around some of the Census Household Pulse survey after the Trump administration had taken it offline and put it back, and they discovered that these surveys show some shed some light on the epidemic of loneliness in our country. In twenty twenty four, they asked more than half of half a million American adults how often they feel lonely now. For most, the answer was either never feel lonely or very rarely feel lonely. So that comes out to about sixty percent, suggesting that it's sixty percent that you may have a little bit of loneliness in our life but don't ever feel it. Five percent said they always feel lonely, eight percent said they usually feel lonely. So you're talking about thirteen percent who said that they feel lonely, and in maps, those people who are always lonely tend to live in the sun Belt, particular focus on the deep South. Mississippi, Louisiana, Georgia leads the pack when it comes to those people who say they always feel lone.
Speaker 1: I wouldn't have guessed that.
Speaker 2: They said it tends to be higher in those states, whether it's because of this or just a correlation, whether poverty rates the poverty rates.
Speaker 1: That's why I shocked by that, because I was thinking, that's a bigger poverty area the Sunbelt, and I'm thinking that in impoverished areas, you're more likely to have multi family residences. You're never alone.
Speaker 2: You may still feel lonely, interesting, but you're never alone. The other side is where the people feel rarely lonely. Tend to be the northern half of the country, Minnesota, for Mont, Iowa, Utah, places like that. And they said it relates strongly to the other measures of community cohesion because those places, again where people rarely feel lonely, Minnesota, Vermont, Iowa, Utah, they tend to have the highest rates of volunteering and organizational membership. And those people those the states where people say they are never lonely Florida. They were concerned, at least the people that were looking at these numbers. They said, it surprised them that Florida would be never lonely because loneliness, you would just kind of imagine, increases with age. You literally start losing people that are close to you, and the older you get, the fewer people, the fewer friends you're going to have.
Speaker 1: They said.
Speaker 2: Florida has one of the oldest populations. Of course, you expect loneliness to run high. Anybody over the age of sixty five is two and a half times more likely to live alone than somebody age twenty five to fifty four. But again, if you are in a place like Florida, which has probably got some pretty great social life there, even if you do live alone, you don't technically feel lonely.
Speaker 1: I'm depressed now, why you live with someone? Just this whole story though sad. But there are people that are lonely in the Sun Belts.
Speaker 2: There's only like five percent. It's not like the forty percent or anything.
Speaker 1: It's just a hayful. I feel like we should have a pen pal in the Sun Belt, don't you? For the.
Speaker 2: Or just there are people who listen to the show from places.
Speaker 1: Well, if you're in the sun Belt and you're lonely, will you please let us know because we could be pen pals. Oh darn it, I forgot the schlocky radio intro. What do you.
Speaker 2: Mean I'm supposed to play that before we started talking about that year?
Speaker 1: Is this in your mind? Sorry? But eleanor Rigby? Yeah, okay, Lonely is never going to play the heat is on for the warming up forecast over the weekend. I mean I could, I mean she could, but he won't because you're not hacked.
Speaker 2: I could have played this bopper from America.
Speaker 1: It's called all the Lonely People. This is making me more depressed than I was thinking about the lonely sun Belt people. Is your musical selections for this segment? This is Jesus, Mary. Jesus was never lonely, and Jesus was never lonely in the desert because he had God. Remember the footprints, don't we all? That was not in the desert, that was on the beach. It could have been both. It's not a lot of beach. Do you not think that God was also with Jesus? God was with Jesus in the desert. I'm listening to the music.
Speaker 4: This is.
Speaker 1: Jesus.
Speaker 6: Enough.
Speaker 1: Well, let's do an update. Let's do a Terror in the Sky's update.
Speaker 2: Not only is he throw getting back an operational, there's a couple other stories we wanted to get to as well.
Speaker 1: Do that when we come up. Oh, let's come up with fun music to play.
Speaker 5: Like like aviation theme.
Speaker 1: Yeah, like seventies, like aviation. Now it's a thing. Now we're going to own it and make it our thing. Well, we kind of already do that with the callback to in our Terror in this guy's intro.
Speaker 5: Oh you want others?
Speaker 1: What older than nineteen eighty six?
Speaker 5: Okay, Gary and Shadow will continue Tearing the sky is coming up.
Speaker 4: You're listening to Gary and Shannon on demand from KFI AM six forty.
Speaker 1: Is this for Labomba for thee? I like that. I like that kind of creative thought. It's very good. When I saw LaBamba as a child, it traumatized me that opening scene where they're on the playground and the plane goes down. The rest of my life, every time I was out on a playground, I thought of a plane going down. Anybody else have that experience? No, all right, cool Gary and Shannon Show. If I am six forty live everywhere on the iHeartRadio app. We still have a massive twelve o'clock hour coming up. Not only do we have Deborah's News at the top of the hour at noon, the newscast, the new newscast, award winning noon newscast. I will point out several times over, thank you Shannon, you are very welcome. Thank you. We've got somebody running for governor that's going to be coming in here as well. In that twelve o'clock hour, we've got your weekend entertainment report. What to watch when you're sitting on the couch eating your chips? Do you do that too? Or now I'm alone on that as well as the LaBamba thing.
Speaker 5: So my sister in law is allergic to corn, and we did.
Speaker 2: She find that out? Sorry that came off. Maybe she ate corn and had a bad reaction.
Speaker 1: Is that what happened? You've never asked how did she find that out?
Speaker 2: I shouldn't say that, but but I don't mind making exceptions. So we found corn free or was it grain free corn free chips, grain free trip chips, and I went through those things like hot and eye through butter. Yeah, they were really good. I don't buy love corn chips. Yeah, I don't buy chips like that. Corn chips or tortilla chips or whatever.
Speaker 5: You don't want them around the house.
Speaker 1: I don't want to around the house because I'll eat them. But recently I had some leftover chips from when I went out with my girlfriends in the desert and we had some like snacks from the house or whatever, and I brought them home with me and they were and they were there, They were there, they were living their life, and I thought, hmm, I too would like to share that life with you chips, and I you didn't want this. This is why I don't have chips in the house because they are not safe. Yes, I agree with you.
Speaker 2: Whenever we make tacos or something like that, we always get a bag of chips, and rarely do we finish them that day, and it becomes an issue for a couple of days where they're just the close that pantry door.
Speaker 5: Put them in the cabinet, you know where they are the whole time.
Speaker 1: Remember my friend that I was talking to you about, who had oxy prescribed to her, Yes, and she kept thinking about where they were after taking one pill. She kept thinking about where they were in the cupver in the bathroom and recognize that is a problem, right, so she got rid of them. That's how I am with chips badly. Thank you all. It's beautiful. Is that the mama's in the papas right? Pink Floyd, Pink Floyd. This is actually eighty. You got any like Steve Villervan in there? Okay, that's kind of what I had in mind, do Gary? I like this. I love Steve Millervan with me. Little frank away makes me want to dance.
Speaker 5: This one's gonna surprise you.
Speaker 1: This seems like it's from Rocky or something. What does this have to do with plane travel?
Speaker 5: It's called gonna fly now?
Speaker 1: I had no idea. It's time for terror in this Skuy bike is heronire Orkaday, Roger, get off my plane, Roger Rogers. Let's our victory, victor, isn't.
Speaker 6: I have with these Multy pipe snakes on this money?
Speaker 4: It's Gary and Shannon's.
Speaker 7: Terror in the skies on KFI tell things at Hethrow International Airport just outside London are getting back to normal overnight.
Speaker 2: They said that the airport was going to be closed for twenty four hours at least because of a fire at a nearby electricity substation that had knocked out power to the airport. They've gotten the fire under control. They have now said that as of about forty minutes ago, planes are going to they're going to try to ramp up back to normal. At least thirteen hundred and fifty flights to and from Heathrow were affected. They know that there were well over one hundred flights that were in the air headed to London when the fire ended up shutting them down. Many of them had to return to their place of origin or had to be diverted to other airports. Residents in West London said that they heard a large explosion followed by a fireball clouds of smoke as this fire ran through this electrical substation it catches in. In this case specifically, they said it caught cooling oil on fire and that's why they had such a hard time putting it out. One of the world's busiest airports for international travel, and in January, he Throw broke its own record with six point three million passengers going through, about a five percent increase from from January of last year.
Speaker 1: Did you see the story about this monster of a woman killed her She wasn't allowed to take her dog on a flight out of Florida, so she killed the dog. Is an awful person that is straight to hell with you. But that also got to be mental illness, right, I hope.
Speaker 2: So are you saying that people that take dogs on flights are mentally ill?
Speaker 1: No, I think people that drown their dogs in an airport toilet because they can't take the dog in flight are mentally ill. Does it say what kind of dog it was? It's a white miniature Schnauzer.
Speaker 2: Oh no, No, I'm not saying oh, like, oh, it deserved it. I'm just meant, oh, that's a because then that's a little puppy dog, Like that's a How big is that a miniature Schnauzer. It's probably no more than about twenty pounds.
Speaker 1: So bad with what breed MO has? MO has Schnauzers. I think MO has miniatures. Oh they're very cute. That is an adorable dog.
Speaker 2: My dog gets mistaken for Schnauzers a lot because of the haircut.
Speaker 1: I think my niece has one of these. They get their faces dirty, easy ketchup. My wife calls it ketchup around their mouth. That's rough. I don't want to rough. I did not mean that at all. I did not mean that. I feel like I wouldn't want to see I didn't know. I didn't say it on purpose, that's for damn sure. I feel like I don't want to see my dog's dirt on its face, like if they're stirt there when I know it's there.
Speaker 5: Right, Well, sometimes you can't.
Speaker 1: You can't. It's like your face.
Speaker 2: A man flying flying to New Jersey from Mexico claims that the cabin crew became upset because he was monopolizing the bathroom, prompting an enraged pilot to break down the bathroom door, yank this guy off of the toilet, and dress him down in a shocking anti Semitic tirade while nearby passengers docked on Upon landing Israel, Layeb, an Orthodox Jew, was pulled off the airline the United Airlines flight and arrested by Customs and Border Protection, who allegedly told him you have no rights here. This twenty year old guy contends that he was subjected to physical injuries, extreme emotional distress, and anxiety, and said that in his complaint he felt sexually violated and embarrassed after having been publicly exposed.
Speaker 1: In the nude. Oh my goodness.
Speaker 2: Again, it was because he was on the toilet for a very long time.
Speaker 1: That's weird to be sexually violated when you're on the toilet.
Speaker 5: I don't think that's an interesting term to use.
Speaker 1: But I don't think one of the last places where those happened. Sexual violations on a toilet. Yeah, I hope so, I've never you never thought about it, Pink Floyd? Do you say yes? I mean, I didn't make eployd but it is people, huh. I guess.
Speaker 2: I'm so amazed that you don't recognize some of these songs that they.
Speaker 1: I should, I should reckon, I don't. I'm embarrassed. It sounds like they're high, it does. Yeah, Yeah, these guys are definitely high.
Speaker 5: This was a staple when I was in a Chico.
Speaker 1: My staple for Steve Miller band all through high school was the also yeah staple staple.
Speaker 2: Up next, Heather Brooker is going to join us our entertainment report at the end of the weekend.
Speaker 1: And what did we get to waste time with this week?
Speaker 4: You're listening to Gary and Shannon on demand from KFI Am six forty.
Speaker 2: It is Friday, so we're going to do what you learned this week on the Gary and Shannon Show. If you learned anything, even if you didn't, you can let us know what you learned. Send us a talk back. When you're listening on the app, just hit that microphone and it sends us a message. Or if you happen to be listening on your device, you could say, hey, send a message to KFI and then she'll record it and send it right to us.
Speaker 1: Well, let's get right to it. Heather Brooker is kind enough to join us from KFI News for our entertainment report going into the weekend. Heather has worked extensively in the industry, and we touched on the snow White controversy earlier in the week with the Little people and the Cgippy. I think I was going to say little Epusians and then I pulled the plug. Anyway, a little bit about the controversy over CGI dwarves and the like, and there's there's other controversy with the Star. It's just it's a mess.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 8: This film has been plagued sort of with controversy from the very beginning. When the star of the film snow White, Rachel Zegler, she was first interviewed after it was announced that she'd be playing snow White on the Red Carpet, and she made some comments that kind.
Speaker 1: Of ruffled some feathers.
Speaker 8: You know, people Disney fans are true fans of those classics, and snow White was the og Disney classic. And she basically came out and said, oh, our version, my version is going to be different.
Speaker 1: She's going to tell the story the right way.
Speaker 9: You know, the original cartoon came out in nineteen thirty seven and very evidently, so there's a big focus on her love story with a guy who literally stalks her.
Speaker 1: Weird. Weird.
Speaker 9: So we didn't do that.
Speaker 1: Prince or a different kind of prince.
Speaker 9: We have a different approach to what I'm sure a lot of people will assume as a love story just because, like we cast a guy in the movie.
Speaker 8: Oh my god, it's Disney, so they assume it's a love story because it is a love story.
Speaker 1: I've seen it.
Speaker 8: Yeah, So I took the bullet for you guys. Listen, I'm all about seen Gary and Shannon. I went to this movie for you. I took my eleven year old preteen. You know, they are very judging, very credible. Wow, And I'm gonna tell you guys' girl, girl, Okay, I'm.
Speaker 1: Gonna tell you guys, it was fine. It was fine. I did. It was snow white.
Speaker 8: They did definitely make some differences that some people are either gonna love or hate. But my preteen, my eleven year old daughter, she said, I thought it felt a little more modern, but it didn't feel like it was like beating me over the head with like, look how new and weird and different.
Speaker 9: It.
Speaker 1: It wasn't that at all.
Speaker 8: So I don't know if the filmmakers went and made those adjustments after all the controversy from her comments came out Rachel Zegler's comments.
Speaker 1: But there are some big differences. You know.
Speaker 8: They didn't name her snow white because her skin was white as snow. They named her snow white spoiler everybody, because there was a snowstorm on the night she was born. They I know, you guys are like very unimpressed.
Speaker 1: I was just thinking I was hearkening back to being a child and first hearing about snow, and I haven't thought about that since then. Her her skin was as white as snow and I remember and I was just remembering myself as a child, thinking that she was unwell, oh sickly. Yeah, like I thought, that's what that meant.
Speaker 8: And he needs more fruit and veggies. Yeah, And the love story is there. There is a love story. You can't tell the story of snow White without the evil queen and the and the there is that he's not a prince in this story. Yes, he's not a prince. He is a poor vagabond, you know, Robin Hood type of character that is stealing from the rich to help the poor, and they sort of you know, in her whole contrary Segular's whole controversy was that, oh, he doesn't rescue her, she rescues herself.
Speaker 1: Also not entirely true.
Speaker 8: The whole essence of snow White, and this is not of spoilery, is that he kisses her, and their true loves kiss breaks the spell from the witch. That part of the story still exists. He kisses her, she comes back to life.
Speaker 5: Did he ask for permission?
Speaker 1: He did not. He just went right out. He forced him. But here's the thing that has changed from then versus now, is that wouldn't you rather hook up with the vagabond guy who steals from the ridge to help the poor than some like prince who's never even done his own laundry exactly. Like, that's so unhot to me. It is like the idea of a prince who's just like pampered his whole life and doesn't know how to be a dude. Give me this, Yeah, like this guy lives off the streets and he's a pickpocket. Like that's much more appealing to me than the prince who has his shirt starched. Well, he definitely does.
Speaker 8: There's definitely some touches like that that are that make it feel just a little bit more updated. I wouldn't say modern, I would say updated. The music is great, The animation is fine. You know, there was a lot of complaints early on about the CGI Dwarves. People were comparing it to Polar Express, remember the animation excess.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's not that bad.
Speaker 8: I think the initial trailers were a little jarring, but it's it's not that bad. Peter Dinklice came out and said, like, why are we telling a story about dwarves?
Speaker 1: You know? And yes, but now they call the mythical creatures.
Speaker 8: But there is a little person in the film playing a totally separate character. So I don't understand why they couldn't have just hired actors to play the dwarves or the you know, mythical creatures or whatever. I'm not sure why they didn't do that. But the music is great, the story is fine.
Speaker 1: How did your daughter feel about the dwarves?
Speaker 8: She initially, you know, because she and her friends were like, ooh, the animation looks weird, but she didn't mind. Is she goes up close the detail you can tell is really there, and it looks really cool.
Speaker 1: She actually really enjoyed it.
Speaker 8: She's like, I could see this being like a stage musical, and I'm like, oh my gosh, they're absolutely going to be developing it for a stage musical.
Speaker 1: Then you can't do the CGI. Then you've actually got to get to high middle people. Yes, little people, but little people who can dance, little people.
Speaker 8: Who can dance. It was a it was a good movie. It was fine. It was not the worst live action remake. I'll say that.
Speaker 2: The other thing that's coming out this week is the Alto Nights with Robert de Niro. Yes, and so it's a it's a mob movie. Barry Levinson, rain Man, Wag the Dog. He plays two different characters in.
Speaker 1: This Yes, de Niro.
Speaker 8: Yeah, and apparently people are saying it's not very good. It's already getting like major negative reviews and.
Speaker 1: They're afraid they're not going to make their money back.
Speaker 8: Yes, and I'm like, on a de Niro film in the year twenty twenty five, who knew?
Speaker 1: I think?
Speaker 8: You know, it looks like a fun crime movie, mob boss type movie, very much in de Niro's wheelhouse.
Speaker 1: You know, I'm kind of changing the way I think for big name actors and movies after Flight Risk and going to see Mark Wahlberg in that movie. Now, well, now I'm gonna do my research. There's certain names for me where I'll just go to that movie. Sure, Robert de Niro is.
Speaker 4: One of them.
Speaker 8: Do you think that movie stars are really still drawing people to the box office? Are you like, I can't wait to see the latest Tom Cruise film.
Speaker 1: Like, the only reason I want to go see Flight Risks because of Mark Wahlberg and it being a flight thriller. Those two things. I was like, how can you screw that up? I was on and I wasn't watch me.
Speaker 8: I was on a background actor on a movie called Flight of the Living Dead once and I was in zombies. It was zombies on a plane, you guys. And it was amazing, amazing. Like a little clip sometime and show you to see that. I mean like they put me in a hot, pink like tracksuit and you just see like blood going everywhere.
Speaker 1: I love that. It was amazing.
Speaker 8: One another quick tip before I wouldn't tell you, guys, before we go, a little Hollywood Hollywood trivia. Twenty years ago this week, The Office premiered on NBC and the lead in was The Apprentice starring Donald Trump. Wow, well trivia for you little Hollywood history guys.
Speaker 1: It's funny. I did watch The Apprentice in real time. Never watched The Office, you what, I know? Wow, I know I don't like that about it.
Speaker 5: I know my kids have both watched this series through that.
Speaker 1: He loved it.
Speaker 2: All right, Heather, thank you as always, guys. All right, big big twelve o'clock hour still to come.
Speaker 1: It's the new newscast right now.
Speaker 2: Yes, you've been listening to The Gary and Shannon Show. You can always hear us live on KFI AM six forty nine am to one pm every Monday through Friday, and anytime on demand on the iHeartRadio ap