Speaker 1: This is WWE superstar Drew McIntyre and you're listening to the WWE Podcast.
Speaker 2: After the show, the one that everybody wants me twelve three sixteen. So just what your last is my eye.
Speaker 1: You're gonna acknowledge me.
Speaker 2: Hey, everybody, welcome to the WWE Podcast. It is Friday, July first, twenty twenty two. I told you June goes fast. I said it at the beginning. I said, this is the fastest month of year. It's like it doesn't exist, and here we are. It's July. After this, it's all about but after July, guys, it's of course about SummerSlam, but also it's about football. Man, if you're interested in football, that's right around the corner, as are the baseball playoffs in just a couple of months. It's crazy, right, We've just gotten to freaking sou and I'm already talking about fall. Well, let's enjoy while it's here, and we're gonna talk about wrestling in just a second with Grace who has joined us once again here on the ww Podcast with money in the bank tomorrow night. We have a lot to get through and we have a review show that's coming up. I'm gonna try to do the review show directly following the event. Doesn't always happen. Sometimes I literally fall asleep in the middle of the show just because dad life. But I will make an effort to do that. If not, it'll be early Sunday that I will get a review out to you. I promise I'm gonna try to give that review as quickly as I can. It's just not always feasible. But that's what's gonna be going on the next couple of days. Guys. Of course, our SmackDown review is gonna be posted shortly after this show. You should see it in the feed by the time you see this one. And also, guys, we have the WWE Slam. That's my video show that I do every single Saturday night at eight pm. I know it's going to kind of fall in the middle of the event this week, but I would really encourage you to check it out. It's also on demand on the DuPont Network, So go to DuPont DuPont now dot com, get yourself signed up, and you can watch me for an hour rant about wrestling. That's stuff that you don't he hear or see anywhere else. It's not on Patreon. It's not on Apple Podcasts, it's not on my website. This is exclusive to the DuPont network that we're trying to explain expand into. And I'm really excited about it and I encourage you to go check that out. So already, everybody, Oh one more thing, go ad for you, guys. You want to be in the Discord server. It's a place you want to be. It is where the cool kids are going to be, is in the Discord server tomorrow night when the pay per view is going on. And you can get yourself in that server. If you sign up on patreon dot com slash ww podcast for a dollar, you get in the door. All right, Well that is it, guys. Let's get to Grace and myself discussing the Money in the Bank event. A lot of fun talking with Grace, and by the way, check out her Plutionary Wrestling podcast and guys, I will talk to you next time. Welcome to the Money in the Bank Preview and Prediction Show, everybody, and tonight I've got a returning co host. You guys have heard her before. She's got her own podcast too. Grace is back with us. How you doing, Grace, I'm good.
Speaker 3: Thanks for having me on. I'm excited to be back on.
Speaker 2: Yeah, me too, and it's certainly going to be a big event tomorrow night. I was screwed up the whole week because I thought it for some reason, it was on a Sunday. I'm still getting used to these like Saturday deals after being a wrestling fan for twenty five years. I'm like, it's drilled int your head that it's a Sunday, but till it's tomorrow night, everybody. In case you're like me and you're absent minded, it is tomorrow night on the ww network. So but before we get going, Grace, just I want to ask you about your podcast, because I know that you've recently started one and where can people find you?
Speaker 4: Yeah, so we're on most podcasting platforms, Spotify, Apple, iHeartRadio, stuff like that. We are exclusively only talk about women's wrestling.
Speaker 3: Evolutionary Wrestling Podcast.
Speaker 4: I basically just started it because I love a women's wrestling and I don't think it's talked about as much as it needs to be, and right now, the women are overperforming the guys and outperforming the guys in my opinion, So I thought that it would be a great idea to, you know, start a podcast and just the only contact content being about women's wrestling. So if you want to check us out, look up Evolutionary Wrestling Podcast and tune in for some great wrestling content.
Speaker 2: Absolutely, though there is not there's not enough focus on the women's uh you know, in terms of the podcasting feel for just the women's wrestling, which is great. So yeah, I know, guys, I'd really highly recommend it. Check out the Evolutionary Wrestling Podcast for sure. And we've got some women's matches that we'll get to. Some that I'm really excited about. One that I'm like kind of about with the Smack that Women's Championship, But let's start off with the ussoson street profits for the Undisputed WWE Tag Team Championship. I mean, do I hate to say this one sounds predictable, but maybe you have a different take on a grace. What do you think about this one?
Speaker 4: No, I can't differ from you on this one. If you have the USOS, I have the usas winning this one. I don't see them dropping their belts. I don't think it makes any sense, and if they did, that would be I feel like a twist that no one would see coming. But this is a match I mean we've seen a lot. I mean we've seen it multiple multiple times, and it's they never have a bad match together. So I'm not upset that the match is happening, because it's going to be a great match no matter what when you put these guys in the ring together. But I just I don't see the USOS losing those titles right now.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they're like, I think that the quality of the match is most of what people are going to be looking for here because we know it's going to be really good with all four of these men who are ultra talented in the ring, and the match quality is probably what's going to save this from being kind of a snooze fest only because the outcome is all But I mean it's about a ninety nine percent chance, like this one is a pretty safe bet if you actually have money on it, that the users are going to retain. There's almost no reason at all for the Street Profits to capture the WWE Undisputed Tag Team Championships, particularly because also the WWE has done their typical formula of having the champions lose, whether it's in singles, competition or in a tag team like week after week after week only to retain the championships when they're on the line, and that's what's gonna happen here. But yeah, the quality of the match I have no issue with. And I think as fans, we need to look at this and go, Okay, let's just let's just enjoy the journey of it, because we all know the destination.
Speaker 1: M hmm.
Speaker 4: I think the WW kind of has shot themselves in the foot with they have a lot of matches that are so predictable and not in the way of like it's like with the USOS, they it wouldn't make no sense for them to the titles right now, but that's how they've built the story. So when you have big matches like this and then you make your storyline so predictable to the fact that like, if it won't the opposite way, it would make no sense. It's like you're just watching a match where you definitely know the outcome. But the WW does it to themselves, you know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they do a lot of the what they do with self inflicted wounds, and a lot of times you can tell that the creative refuses to change their formulas and how they do things, and even the way sometimes matches are structured. It's always starts out with usually the babyface, you know, getting some offense to get the crowd into it. The heel takes over. There's a couple of hope spots that you know, like it's a lot of you can just feel when a match is coming to its conclusion and you can almost tell you you know what I mean, Like every match, I don't care who it is. It's just the WWE style and that unfortunately will never change. But I mean it's not all bad. But uh yeah, I hear what you're saying. So all right, well let's talk about the United States Championship. This match, I gotta say, isn't as predictable I think as the Tag Team Championship. We have Theory versus Bobby Lashley. There's certainly a favorite here, but I don't know, Grace, what do you think about this?
Speaker 3: So I would say Theory is gonna retain.
Speaker 4: And this could go either way. But the reason I have like kind of a prediction not only for the winner, but for afterwards. I think that Theory is gonna retain and I think there's a possibility that John Cena comes out and gets in his face and you know, wants looks like he wants the title, and then they have a thing for Summer Slam and builds the Summer Slam. But that could also happen if Bobby won the title as well. They could still have a few and the title wouldn't need to be in it. But I would say theory retains. Plus Sena coming out at the end. I also think that would be awesome if it happened.
Speaker 2: See I like that. So first of all, let me just say right off the bat, yeah, I think theory does retain. I'm not as confident as the tag team title match. There's certainly a chance Bobby wins, but given where they've positioned theory and that, I truly believe McMahon, not just in story, but behind the scenes, is going to get behind theory. And there's there's rumors of Sena versus Theory at Summerslam's rumors of Sena in theory all the way to Summer or to WrestleMania next year. That's also been rumored. According to Wrestling Observer, Dave Meltzer, lover hate him, and sometimes he does have good information that's the rumors as of now that it could be at WrestleMania that these two face off. But that doesn't mean that SummerSlam can't happen either. It's their quote unquote WrestleMania of the summer. So I don't I don't. I don't think that your prediction is impossible. In fact, I'd give it a fifty to fifty with John Cena. Now, he did get punked out a little bit by Theory on Raw. We saw their interaction. The crowd was into it. I mean, the crowd was like, oh, here we go, like we've been hearing about this. They come face to face Sina, you know, ditches him when he tries to take a selfie. That's all that was said or that's all that was done. And then now we're here in the match and here is Theory in Bobby Lashley, and before we get to Seena, I think that Lashly in Theory is gonna be a really good match. Like they're both really good workers, different styles, you know, certainly, you know, we have Bobby Lashley's more of a powerhouse. We have Theory, who was a little bit more athletic and gymnastic in a way. So this match, I'd expect to be a lot of fun, and I ultimately see Theory cheating to win. I mean, I don't think he'll outright beat Bobby Lashley clean. He seems to be a guy that'll take advantage of a situation, an ipoke, a low blow, a title to the face behind the referees back. It'll be a kind of I think an old school heel victory, pulling up the tights, something along those lines to get the victory over Bobby and then gloat about it and take a selfie with Bobby on the canvas, whatever it may be. But as far as John Cena coming out again, I'd give it fifty to fifty. I don't think John Sene is going to come out. If it's the second match on the show, or if it's, you know, kind of in the first half of the show. Sena appearing here should be a big deal, and it would be a weird placement for Theory and Lashly if it is the second match. Now, this is just the way I'm looking at the lineup now, But if the later in the show that this match happens, I think the higher likelihood of John Cena appearing.
Speaker 4: See the only reason I even think John Cena is going to come out is purely based off of the promo he gave on last Monday.
Speaker 3: Night roll Is.
Speaker 4: I feel like it was such a red hearing for him when he was talking about having a match or coming back in the ring, and he was saying, how you know, it's there's not going to be one and I will be back in but I don't know when. So I feel like it made everyone think that, oh, well, we thought he was going to you know, be in the ring soon, but now that he's you know, saying it in the now, maybe he's not.
Speaker 3: So I feel like that's a red herring.
Speaker 4: So if he shows up soon than everyone thinks, I think that was like the plan for him to you know.
Speaker 3: Say that he's, oh, you know, it might be a long.
Speaker 4: Time, but then he ends up now this weekend, like the same week so I feel like it was a red herring.
Speaker 3: But that's the only reason I'm saying that he would come out.
Speaker 2: Sneaky, Yeah, because the way he was speaking, you would just buy, you know, just by his tone, think like you said, yeah, that'll probably mean what Survivors series maybe towards the Rumbull wrestling. Yeah, I mean that that is a that's a good point because even I was duped by that, thinking, yeah, he doesn't sound like he's going to be here like next week. It sounds like it's going to be several months. So yeah, I think that's a nice, uh subtle way to fool the fans into thinking that it's going to be a while, when in fact, it's like a week away that I'm gonna come back.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I like that, And certainly again Summertimes their second biggest pay per view of the year, why wouldn't you want Theory and John Cena And you know, having John Cena with the United States Championship in that matchup with Theory, there's a lot of history with seen in the United States Championship. He's the one that like resurrected it back to life when he was doing the uh the Open Challenges a number of years ago. I mean that was actually a lot of fun. I remember that, and that was a formula that WWE took and really just kind of duplicated it, not just for the US title, but other titles as well, for Babyface champions So yeah, this could be a lot of fun, and you know, I'm not you're talking me into it. I'm still gonna stick by no. I'm gonna stay no Sina, but I still stay fifty to fifty. I think both of us agree though that theory is retaining.
Speaker 4: See I also the reason I'm I I think there's going to retain, but there's I agree with you.
Speaker 3: This match could go either way.
Speaker 4: And the reason it could go the other way too is because maybe they don't want winning the US Championship. Maybe they want him winning the ICE title because then he would become a Grand Slam champion. That was that's, you know, one of his last accolades that he needs to get. And then they can see WW wanting him to be that top guy in the company, to have the most championships, to beat Rick Flair, because they want John Cena to be the guy in WW.
Speaker 3: They want people to look up.
Speaker 4: John Cena and see him being the you know, have the most championships.
Speaker 3: So I know that WW wants to make him. He just needs one more.
Speaker 4: So that's why on the other hand, I could see him maybe also not coming out because they want to maybe have him go again schoonther and then go for the IC title. So you can become a Grand Slam champion, so it could go it could go either way.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean I think that John Cena is a guy that is not he sounds like I mean, he said multiple matches. Do I think it's going to be an Intercontinental Championship run. I mean, if he's one championship away from being a Grand Slam champion, I'm sure they would like to have that run with him. But also the fact that to get their his seventeenth World championship, whatever match that may way, maybe it probably should happen at wrestle Mania given that at this point, I don't think they have any love loss for Rick Flair with all the bad pr he got earlier this year, with the plane ride from Hell and the allegations that are seem to be pretty believable with what Rick Flair did on the plane, you know, not good. So they distance himself and you know, as they should. So you know, I don't think that they have any love loss for Rick Flair right now, and John Cena is their guy, and they I mean, they spent the entire monthy at Raw just drooling over him, with the video packages and people standing and clapping and which I wasn't a fan of ef anabelist my raw review. I did not like that whole everybody standing a concession line and let's all clap and you know, heels and baby faces. No, no, let's not worry about it, guys, everything that just happened. We're just gonna stand in here and applaud John Cena. I you know, there's things that you can do. That was not a moment for that. But anyway, so yeah, we're talking about John Cena here, and it's theory and Bobby Lashley. But I do think theory attains. But you're right, Bobby Lashley has an opportunity here to capture it, and I think that they have placed Bobby Lashley in a good position to be believable to do that. So all right, I want to move on to the SmackDown Women's Championship, and I'm gonna take this one first, and maybe you can put a more positive spin on it than I can, because you are the Wrestling Women's Wrestling podcast Affection auto here. So I am just I'm looking at this and saying, Okay, Natalia is a veteran. She is the veterans, the women's veteran in the locker room. I understand that she's the locker room leader all that and ronder ROWSI. I'm not a huge fan of rond E ROUSI. It's no secret and it's she's just not my cup of tea. I think she exposes the business in a way that makes herself higher than the business, or at least she tries to elevate herself. She can't even mention the SmackDown Women's Championship for some reason, she's allergic to putting those three words together. She just wants to say SmackDown Championship, like don't I think that's disrespectful. I understand the argument for why put women in there, you know, that's a whole another thing. But I think there's been moments in her career that she has felt like she's above the business, and I'm not a fan of that. But she's excellent in the ring. For what she's done in MMA. To translate that to WWE, I think it's been it's certainly been commendable, and she's an ultra athlete. I respect for her on a professional level. I just not a fan of her character. I mean, I don't want to get into it specifically, but Natalia here in Ronda Rowsey. It'll be fun. They've built this around the submission holds that they have, with the sharpshooter being apparently, according to Italia, more devastating than the arm bar where she said she almost got Ronda to tap out the previous week, and Ronda Rowsey obviously has been very successful with her arm bar, and so the story's okay. But I think that the outcome here is kind of like the tag team title match, Like there's just no way they're gonna have an Italian win here. It's almost like she is the Temina of SmackDown, where they bring her out of the crypt every so often just to have a you know, kind of a bigger match, and then they just you know, push her, push her back down into the basement for a while, and we don't hear from her, and you know, she's just posting Instagram photos with her cats or whatever she does. I mean, so it's just I don't think they're gonna do anything here. The match quality will. I think it'll be fine, but there's just no way, no way. That's how you wins this, do you do? You see the same thing?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean I don't see Ntella winning. I think Ronda will retain first and foremost.
Speaker 4: But as for the whole this, Okay, I I get so tongue tied over this because I don't have words to explain, Like how disappointing anything with Ronda Rousey is that they ever come up with?
Speaker 3: Because doesn't this story sound a little bit familiar?
Speaker 4: Matt?
Speaker 2: I mean I've seen thousands of storyline I mean like, I mean, it probably does. It's some there's some part of my brain that probably dos why what is it? What do you know?
Speaker 4: If we rewind to uh, Ronda's last feud that she had for the title was with Charlotte, right, and the main thing of their story was submissions.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna make you tap out. I know, I'm gonna make you tap out. So like it's the same exact thing.
Speaker 4: They haven't even come up with a new story at all. It is the same exact story, which shows you a lot what creatives thinking about. But yeah, no, I respect and tell you a lot. I mean, I respect and tell.
Speaker 3: You a lot.
Speaker 4: But and she's trained a lot of the women on the roster for years because she's that good, and she's always been that good and she's a VET and will always be someone you can respect in the ring, and not to mention, I just she's come to the end.
Speaker 3: Of her career with.
Speaker 4: I thought at least with a main match or sorry it may event title matches and stuff like that. So when she was announced for this, I was very surprised, and I think they could have easily put someone else in that position. But you know, this match, it's not gonna be bad, but Ron is going to retain, and then Italia is going to go back to whatever she was doing before, tag tagging with Shana and a tag division that doesn't exist, and then they're never going to push anyone else on the SmackDown roster like they normally do.
Speaker 3: I mean, they haven't pushed anyone since Raquel was the last person we saw that.
Speaker 4: They actually seemed like they wanted to push, and then they threw an Italia into this match, which they went in so many different directions and I don't think they ended up on the right one. But you know, the SmackDown roster, I mean, I talk about it on my podcast all the time. It's it's weak. It's really weak, and it's not the women's fault.
Speaker 3: It's Creative's fault.
Speaker 4: They don't put any effort into any storylines on that roster. And I mean you could you can compare the SmackDown roster to the Raw roster.
Speaker 3: It doesn't even come close.
Speaker 4: And I mean that has a lot to do with I mean, there's seven women on the SmackDown roster, so.
Speaker 3: It's not in Italian's fault.
Speaker 4: But Creative needs to get a little creative and like, actually, give you know, the SmackDown title some good matches because this is not it.
Speaker 2: Yeah. No, it's funny that you said that Creative needs to be creative. It's like they're not living up to what their name is. Yeah, it's it's tough. Plus, I mean, but in their defense, they don't have Charlotte, they don't have Bailey yet. I think Bailey actually is gonna be if I was gonna guess facing Ronda at SummerSlam, that sounds like a Summer Slam match to me. I mean, Bailey's even I think possible to attack Ronda at the end of this match. I imagine they're gonna keep her heel and try to keep Ronda baby face, which I would honestly, I would love to see that happen because I think the crowd is starting to turn on Ronda a bit. They're very lukewarm about it with Ronda as champion, kind of with Bianca bell Air. We'll get to that match next too. Like they're not booing either woman, but it feels like they're not getting the reaction that they want them to have at this level. And there's so many reasons for that. I mean, creative is to blame on it. Ronda Rousey needing to learn how to cut a damn promo. Although this week was probably her best, uh, she her promo ability is not great. She needs to learn how to time it when the mic or when their music goes off. Don't whisper into the microphone, like speak with some bass in your voice. I mean, she's got a great look, but just her her promo ability is very hit and miss. A lot of times you feel like she's literally reading off a teleprompter. I mean like it feels like that a lot of times. I mean it's not easy to do. I'm not saying it's easy, but you know, when you look at the importance of learning how to cut a good promo, Ronda's just not there yet. But that said, you know, look at this match circling back. I think is going to be fine. I think it's going to be some spots where the Natalia does put her in the sharpshooter and Ronda's crying out in pain and she's crawling to the ropes, she pulls her back to the middle of the ring, and you're like, oh my god, she can win it. That'll probably be an Italian's hope spot, Like that's going to be the spot that's coming where we're all supposed to believe that Natalia could win. She's not going to. Ronnie will make her tap and that's it, and Italia will go back to doing whatever she was doing. But I mean again, WWE doesn't SmackDown, doesn't have two of their biggest stars that were on SmackDown in Charlotte and Bailey right now, so that is a bit of a problem. But overall, yeah, the women's division as a whole, especially on SmackDown, has been fairly weak, even with Ronda Rousey at the top of it right now. And as I look at this whole card, it's funny there was not one just grudge match. Every single match on this card is either a championship match or something for the briefcase. So that's interesting that it's And the reason I say that is for the women's division as a whole. You probably have heard this before too. They almost never have just a grudge match, like just a personal feud. They always have to have the women chasing the women's championship, or if there's a match on the pay per view, it's always for the women's championship. They can't just build a storyline out of pure character development to make people care about the women's division, care about two individuals and who wins who loses, And they don't have any faith or the creative ability to think that people will care if there's not a championship involved.
Speaker 3: Yeah I do.
Speaker 4: Oh, I actually have a question for you after it loses, which seems to be inevitable.
Speaker 3: Where do you think they go run after this? And Bailey really?
Speaker 2: Yeah? I think Bailey I mean to be Bailey has been I followed her a little bit on Instagram, and every time there's an event, especially from WrestleMania on now, she's been putting things on her Instagram that she knows she's screwing with fans and we're all you know she's been very good at it, putting up something a month or two ago about you know, TikTok, my time's almost here, like I'm coming back. Didn't say that verbatim, but she put up something that alluded to that. She put up something recently of her holding the brief the money in the bank, briefcase laying unpresumably a hotel bed, I think, and she was just laying there holding the briefcase, and so she knows what she's doing, and I'd imagine that she's got to be close. I mean, it's been well, I feel like it's been almost a year since she's been out from her injuries. So I think it's Ronda Rowsey in Bailey. I can't think of something bigger for SummerSlam than that. What are they gonna do? Go back to Ronda Rousey and Charlotte again that no one wants to see? So that's it. I can't think of another option.
Speaker 4: I that would be great if Bailey returned and they did a feud with Rond and Bailey.
Speaker 3: I one hundred percent agree. I don't have the faith in them to plan that, and I don't know the timeline of you know, Bailey's injury and all that. But I could see them either going either.
Speaker 4: Back to Roquel and they've already done it kind of so either going back to her or starting a feud with Shana, because I that is the one Ronda Rousey feud that I would actually be interested in.
Speaker 3: I don't like Ronda RAUSI I'm with you on that.
Speaker 4: I think I will go I will go to my grave saying that the only thing Ronda has is not in ring skill.
Speaker 3: She's not bad, but she's not great. She has no Mike skill.
Speaker 4: The only thing Ronda Rowsey has is her presence in her name. This is the only that's the only thing she has as the only reason she's anything in WW. But a match that I would like to see with Ron and it is Ronda and Shanna because I think that has the potential plus the storyline to be very good, because they could build a really good story off of those two just from their backgrounds.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, I mean they had a bit of a face off a few weeks ago and some kind of multi woman match. They never actually had put a hands on each other, but there was a moment there where they you know, you were wondering if they were going to and the crowd reacted to it because we haven't seen it. I mean the question though, is, you know, I would imagine that we have Bianca, or rather Ronda Rowsey as the baby face and Shana as the heel. But with people starting to kind of wear thin on Ronda Rowsey, you know, you do wonder as her opponents continue to progress, are people going to continue to stick with Ronda? You know, it's people. I honestly I think that if wwe at some point in Ronda's contract, whether it's this time, next time, I don't know how long it is, not turn her heel, it's a big missed opportunity like Ronda Rowsey as a heel I would get on board for because there's so much you could pull from. And I think naturally she has an arrogance about her that she has to try to suppress as a babyface, and it bleeds through and it's you know, it's really hard to hide who you truly are, and I think Ronda would just thrive in that, talking about the fans and how you guys don't understand who the hell I am. I came here. I didn't have to come here. There's so I mean, it's it's right there, and for her to have to go out it doesn't feel natural. A lot of times with Rowsy she could be a lot looser on the microphone. It would be I think, a much more fun ride with Ronda as a heel champion who's got this entitlement about her coming from MMA, and she's still calling herself the baddest woman on the planet yet has hasn't When when's the last time she, you know, actually proved that, you know, it's been how many years? So I'm tired of her calling herself that ripping off rowdy piper because you weren't creative enough to come up with something original. I just I don't want to, you know, get on that rant. But I guess I already am. So anyway, Ronda Rousey is just a I mean, I want to I want to see her heel and then I think it'll be a lot more fun. So all right, yeah, let's move on another Women's Championship match. Here, Bianca Belair and Carmela. I'll take a breath and ask you what you think about this.
Speaker 3: I have Bianca retaining, you know, the quality of the match. I don't know, like I want it to be good. But and Carmela is not bad in the ring by any means, but Carmela is.
Speaker 4: I think she's great at what she does with her character, and she's annoying and she does it very well. But I think her entering skill is covered up by a lot of of her squealing. And I know that sounds like a joke and like a really funny thing, but I've been completely serious. Like she I feel like you could actually see a lot of her move set and her skill in the ring if she wasn't squealing as much, because sometimes when I'm watching it's kind of hard to focus on what she's doing because of how much she's like squealing. So if she does that in the match, I feel like it'll be okay. And Bianca will do great, and she's always great in the ring, but I think like the overall quality is going to be okay.
Speaker 3: Like I don't expect it to be like some A plus match, but.
Speaker 4: I do like that Carmela is in this match because only because I wanted Ripley and Bianca add a better or a bigger and better pay per view and then money in the bank. I think they could save that for you know, Summer Slay and WrestleMania.
Speaker 3: I mean it is it could be a Wrestleman in you match.
Speaker 4: So I am glad that Carmela kind of stepped in for a little like detour for Bianca to do. But yeah, I have Bianca attaining, and I think it'll be an okay match, Like, I don't think anything special will come from it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, my my bars low here too, simply limited by the fact of Carmela's ability, uh in the ring. I've said this, and you know, I'm not trying to be disrespectful Carmela as a person. I'm sure she know, she's really nice whatever. She's married to Corey Graves. But from a professional standpoint, I look at her and I feel like she's a Diva's era leftover. I just she she's got She's very focused on her looks, and that's like her whole gimmick, which is like as shallow as it gets, Like that's as I mean, that's that's as paper thin as it gets as a character. Is that you're you know, I'm the most beautiful woman in w w E. It's like that that's it. That that's all, that's it. I mean, you know, and inside the ring, she feels like a kind of a little bit high, a tick higher of a more skilled Bellatwin, like she's a third Bellatwin except blonde. And I just I don't think she's super skilled in the ring, and I think, well, Bianca's I think extraordinary in the ring. She's going to be capped by what Carmela can do. And so I'm with you. I think if I'm going to do out a ten ahead of time, it's probably gonna be a five out of ten, maybe six at a ten. In terms of quality of the matchup. Again, Bianca retains another super predictable outcome, but that's the right outcome. Again, just because it's predictable doesn't necessarily mean it's bad and it's the wrong thing to do. I'm all for predictability if it's the right thing, but in this case, I mean the match quality. I'm not suit like you said, I don't know if you put Carmela and Bianca together versus Ronda and Italia, what one's going to be more of in terms of just wrestling only, what one's going to be more entertaining. I would imagine Ronda and Italia, but it's kind of a toss up in a way. I mean, I'd like to see Pianca and Ronda, I mean face off against one another. That would be a lot of fun. Maybe that'll happen at some point. Although you know I've said this before, I don't know if anyone is taking me up on it. With Ronda Rousey. I'm not going back to the match itself, but just to say that, Ronda Rowsey, maybe we should play a drinking game where every time she adjusts her tights, will take a drink, right, because I and you'll be drunk within five minutes. Because I don't know what it is, like. I understand she wears the athletic gear right and you should, but I don't know. It's maybe she purposely has that. It's like a nervous tick or something, or they're just riding up her backs. I don't know, but it's super distracting every time she Like if she did it once or twice in a match, it's like, okay, she's just adjusting her gear, but it's seriously like every ten to fifteen seconds she's like, you know, adjusting this and that, and it's like, well, then get gear that fits. You don't need to make I don't know. So now that I've made you think about it, now that's all you'll see. But I can't. I don't know. Did you notice this, Like, well, Ronda's just like constantly fussing with her gear.
Speaker 3: I know what you're talking about.
Speaker 4: I think it might be like an involuntary and I'm being completely serious right now. I think it's an involuntary reaction because in the MMA, in the UFC fights that she has done, and any UFC fights actually, like with the women who are the shorts, they do that. So I think it is an involuntary reaction, like she's so used to doing it because they do it, they do it in the ring, So I hear you, But I think I think it's more of just like an involuntary act.
Speaker 2: I don't even think she's self aware. She's just maybe it is. It's just kind of like a comfort thing. She just wears this gear and it's just I don't know, it's just muscle, you know, I don't know, muscle memory. I don't know.
Speaker 4: I used to play basketball and every time I go past a trash can I you know, I do a little fade away, So it might.
Speaker 3: Be like that.
Speaker 2: It could be yeah, I mean, except it doesn't make you feel uncomfortable if you're watching in the audience to see somebody like pulling out their crotch every five minute. I mean, like seriously, like it's it's it got to the point. I remember the last time I watched her on the I think it was Wrestlmania Backlash, and I'm like, okay, like she has to be doing this as some kind of like inside joke, like is there really a drinking game behind this or something, because it was just unbelievable, and you know, I don't know. So now I've made you think about it. Guys, I'm sorry you can't unhear this, and now you'll be watching for her pulling at her tights. So all right, well, Bianca, I think we both agree, is going to retain the match quality doesn't really you know, shock us here. I think it's just gonna kind of be Beanca retains and that's it. You know. The one thing I'll say about this though, with Bianca, she's kind of in the same boat as Randa where the crowd I think is not souring, but just they're not at the level i'd say, you know, if they want them to be a ten. The crowd's like a like a six or a five of where they want them to be Bianca has Maybe you're are you sensing this too with the crowd, that Bianca's just not getting that like overwhelming response she was last year. She's just she's kind of like, I don't know, mildly supported.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, no, I you can definitely hear the crowd has changed a little bit, and not in like a bad way. They're just you know, a little quieter now.
Speaker 4: But I think everyone is kind of thinking the same thing, like they're waiting for change, and they want to see her character change. I want to see her character change. I know you've said you would like to see her character change, and I think she would, you know, do really well with being a heel, and I think everyone is kind of expecting that at this point, and they're seeing the same old, same old, and it's kind of getting it's it's just getting very repetitive. So yeah, I think the crowd has definitely gotten a little bit quieter and quieter over the past month.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's a good way to put it. They're not booing, they're just not as excited to see her. They're just like you're yeah, it's not that they're booing yet, although they are on the road to booing her if they continue on this path, like they're going to eventually actually turn and actively boo instead of just you know, apathetically like, oh yay, hey, Bianca's here, isn't that cool? And people like mm? And eventually that'll just that will turn. So yeah, I think they either need to double down and actually give her a microphone, which and stop having her sit at ringside for every match and not you know, put a put a commentary headset on. I mean, she's been at ringside it's like her second home lately and just sitting there and not speaking. So anyway, all right, let's move on to the third women's match, which, by the way, guys, there were I just realized this. Three women's matches and three men's matches that are on the show. I can't remember the last time it's was that even So that's cool, U. We have the women's money in the Bank ladder match. Lacy Evans, Alexa Bliss, Live, Morgan Rare, Keel Rodriguez, Oscar Schatzi, and Becky Lynch. Hmm, yeah, I almost took this, but I have my pick, but you you go first. Grace.
Speaker 4: All Right, this is a difficult one because I'm a huge Lynch fan, and but as in you know, recent months.
Speaker 3: I've become like, you know, I've been become a fan of Live Morgan.
Speaker 4: I think that she has excelled in the ring, you know, after her whole feud with Becky Lynch. I think it really shot her into like a different atmosphere. And I mean she's not quite there yet.
Speaker 3: On the mic, she's still little stuff on the mic.
Speaker 4: She's better than she was, but I want to see her get the briefcase. I think it'd be a really good moment, and I think that she deserves it after I mean her performance.
Speaker 3: As of late.
Speaker 4: But I can also see Becky Lynch winning it. So it's hard for me, like I want Becky to win it, but I also want Live doing it.
Speaker 3: So to throw back to you, what is your prediction on this?
Speaker 2: This is yeah, there's as you were talking, I thought about three scenario and I had a very confident answer, and now you're screwing up. I I okay, So my initial reaction before you gave yours was I think Becky Lynch is gonna win it's the most uninteresting predictable answer. But there's good reason to believe that Becky could win. Because Becky Lynch winning okay, it's you know, it gets her kind of in back into the title the title picture, which she just came out of. And I think people got a little tired of her holding the belt, much like they did with Charlotte, you know, like, what's your identity without the belt? Do you know who you are? And I think Becky had the same kind of problem. But I think here here's the I'm gonna stick by my guns even if it's not going to work out here, but here's the argument for Becky Lynch keeping it or in winning the match. I think she wins, and then what you'll see is Becky Lynch not cash in for a while until we get towards WrestleMania season, where then she goes and cashes in on Ronda Rousey, and you know, then you could have Ronda versus Becky. We get the we finally get the one on one that we've all been so desperately deserving of. And now I know Becky Lynch is a heel. I understand that, and I think it was more fun with Becky as a baby face with Ronda as the the the well kind of a heel, I mean by de facto. But even if it's not, I think that one on one with Ronda and Becky didn't happen, and it should happen. Now. You could say, well, Becky win the rumble, and you're right, she could win the rumble. But with Becky holding that briefcase, it creates I think more interest than anyone else that when you look at star power anyway, she's easily the biggest star in this matchup now, So I'm sticking with Becky Lynch. The other thing is okay, live Morgan definitely. They constantly tell us that she has not captured the women's championship, and that's true. Alexa Bliss, you have somebody that I think has been sorely misused from an in ring perspective, not even used that all in ring over the last two years. I mean, she's been he's sitting on swings and sitting in therapy offices and just not showing up for weeks and months on end, you know. So I think that in ring Alexa is you know, better than most people give her credit for and having her get shot right back into the women's title picture. It's been way too long for Alexa Bliss. There's an argument to be made there the rest of them. Raquel too soon, osca. I don't think there's a whole lot of push for that. Shatzi again a little too soon, So that's my pick. Becky Lynch, Mmm, what the hell? Matt, Sorry, don't listen to me. I tell this everybody, and I told this to you last time. Don't do it. Stay by your guns. No, nope, nope, nope, no, no, no, stick by your guns.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 3: I'm not. I'm not going to agree with you.
Speaker 2: Good good, No, I am banning you. I'm no, I'm I will not accept the change. So because I have burned too many people, So go Yeah, to see.
Speaker 3: Something else that could happen. Not because that story of Becky lunch cashing and waiting for Ronda, Holy crap.
Speaker 4: I would love to see that, because you know, the match I want to see the most is Ron versus Becky at WrestleMania.
Speaker 3: I want to see that. That's what I'm waiting for, you know. So yeah, yeah, But what.
Speaker 4: If Becky wins it and does a failed cash in and then her character justums, I want to see that. I mean that would like I mean, I don't necessarily want to see it, but I think it would be.
Speaker 3: Like really good for her story right now. Okay, but if I have to pick one.
Speaker 2: Matt, Sorry, sorry, it's.
Speaker 3: Struggling with this match.
Speaker 4: I thought I finally had an answer and then you had to go and see.
Speaker 2: Well what that's what you did to me. I almost switched my answer to Alexa Bliss, so that because of you.
Speaker 3: So yeah, okay, Well, well.
Speaker 4: I'm going to say Live Morgan wins. I want Beculyn, I want Beculans to win. I think Live Morgan will win, and I do, I do want to see.
Speaker 3: Her get the briefcase. I'm not gonna lie.
Speaker 4: I think the fans are so behind Live, like on Twitter and like all the social media, like Live has a big.
Speaker 3: Fan base right now, and I think WW sees it.
Speaker 4: So I'm gonna say Live climbs up the ladder and grabs up your briefcase.
Speaker 2: I think the fans will be super behind that, like you said, because fans have seen her for years now be abused and be uh you know, turn yeah, like and how many times would in the riot squad was she the one taking the pinfall, laying looking up at the lights. How many hundreds of times did she lose matches? I mean, like, so she's paid her dues. People are ready. I think Live Morgan is. I like her on the microphone. I like her the way she speaks. She doesn't speak too quickly. She seems confident in the ring. She's not insane, but she's definitely good to very good. You know, I have no no problem with Liv Morgan. She is a she is a veteran. I would say at this point, you know, I'd say, after she's been there with five six years, she's got some experience under her belt. So I have no problem with that. Now does she actually successfully cash in? When does she cash in? Is it on Bianca? Uh? You know and Carmel? I mean who knows? But yeah, Live Morgan, there's certainly a case. And I think that the fans would love that. Yeah.
Speaker 4: I think it'd be a really good moment, Like I think it would genuinely be like a very good moment like and I think the crowd would actually go crazy if she won it, and it could be.
Speaker 2: Like it'd be that feel good kind of Daniel Bryan moment, even though there's no championship on the line, and kind of like the underdog that deserves it, that's been here and overlooked for a while.
Speaker 3: I get it her partners time after time.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, yeah, how many times she's got to be the record holder for that. But Becky Lynch, the one thing I'll say about that is you have you have something in mind there, you have something good there where Becky Lynch, if she loses, I have been advocating for this of seeing her spiral down into the abyss of just like how far can we push Becky's character, not to actually bury her, but her character's depression, Like where what's the end game? Like I want to see her lose just to see the character evolution, Like does she come out like with no music one day and just like kind of have mascara running down her face, looks like she hasn't showered, like starts to become depressed, like almost like a you know, I don't know, like yeah, like exactly just kind of just doesn't defeated. But there's an end game, like and what is that end game? You know? So maybe they'll explore that, maybe they won't. But if you're right. If Becky, if Cash she cashes in and fails, then they're clearly on that road and they have an idea of where they want her to go. But you're right, I mean Live Morgan is the feel good choice, no doubt. So all right, it's time for the Men's money and the gladder match. I'll ask you do you want to take this first or do you want me to answer and give you my prediction because this is this has also got a little bit of a tough a tough choice here.
Speaker 3: So you don't come up with some crazy story for.
Speaker 2: Me to change a go and you're not allowed to change it after I tell you mine.
Speaker 3: Okay, well we'll see.
Speaker 4: Okay, right off the bat, I'm not to talk about anyone else. It's saith breakin' Rawlins, no one else.
Speaker 2: Yep, no, I actually concur with that. And now now the other the runner up is Drew McIntyre. And the reason I say that is because he, as we all know, he's going to be main eventing the clash at the Castle. I think it's a September the with with Roman reigns. And now just because he doesn't win, this doesn't mean he still can't find a way to get to Roman in a tournament, in a number one contenders match, just by you know, I don't know Brady at In peers for the match whatever that he's been Romans ducking him. There's a way to get to Drew and Roman if he doesn't win this match. But yes, Seth with this, this is to me, this is Seth rollins match to win. And if he doesn't win, I think, I genuinely think people in the audience, even though he builds a heel, are gonna be pissed because everyone else in this matchup outside of Drew doesn't make sense honestly. I mean, you have mad Cat Moss. I mean, sorry, no chance, Riddle. I think he's number three as a choice. He has a it's a live it's on life support that he has a chance. But it's there, Sam, He's ain't sorry none, Omas, sorry. I mean, there's just he'll he'll be the big guy in the match that yeah, I mean just there's just no way. I mean, I just they're not gonna make him look like a fool. They'll book him strong, but he has no chance of grabbing that briefcase. There's just it's just not. It's too soon, you know. I think he has a World Championship run and maybe in twenty twenty three or twenty twenty four, not right now. Seamus been there, done that. He's kind of a snooze fest. I'm sorry, Seamus is boring to me. I understand. He's a tough guy, he's a veteran, he has modified his his character over the years. His character just doesn't excite me. It's just there. He's an asset to the company, but he's not exciting to me. Drew McIntyre has a date with destiny with Roman reigns and Seth Rollins is by far the favorite to win this, and he should win this because it's gonna be fun to think about. Wait a minute, Seth Rollins, who does he cash in on? Is he gonna cash in on Roman? After the Last Man Standing at SummerSlam? What does he do? Does he wait until, you know, after a WrestleMania again, like, and we're eventually gonna get to Rollins and Rains. And I actually think Rollins should be the one to end the streak for Roman. I actually think I want That's what I it's I don't At this point, I've lost all hope that it's gonna be some upstart young NX tea guy that you could springboard his career off of. That'd be a great ideal scenario. Right now, there's nobody on the roster that that that fits that bell. Seth Rollins hasn't hauled held the championship in a long time. There's a lot of history between Roman and Seth. They didn't follow up after last year's Survivor series where he beat the holy hell out of Seth left him laying and everyone just accepts it, and there was no follow up to that. And so yes, Seth should be the one to defeat Roman reigns with that championship cashing in on him.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I couldn't agree more.
Speaker 4: I you know, another thing about this match, though, which is slightly terrifying because I don't want to stab him, but I can see them doing.
Speaker 3: Something like this is if Sammy won and then they just held the briefcase hostage.
Speaker 4: And like you know, Paul Hammond was like controlling him and stuff, and I really.
Speaker 3: Can see them doing something like that, And I really.
Speaker 2: Opened don't put it on in the universe, don't, Sean McMahon.
Speaker 3: We thought he was gonna end up.
Speaker 2: Oh that's right. Yeah, like because because sadly, it's sad that we have to think like this, but there's yeah, it's possible. I could see. You're right, like where he he wins it and then you know, Sammy says he promises he's not gonna cash it in on Roman and then Paul hate like you said, yeah, he just kind of locks it away. Yeah, oh no, no I don't.
Speaker 3: I'm sorry. I even said I shouldn't have put it into the universe, but.
Speaker 4: You know, I so what do you think of the title? Like do you like the titles being combined?
Speaker 2: I I would have if they executed it the way that we that they should have, meaning, yeah, that okay, they unified it, even though there's a brand split. I mean that that's a whole other thing. I mean there's no brands win anymore. It's quietly gone away. But we if they executed it where okay, they unify it and then Roman actually appears on Raw and smack Down more regularly, which was supposed to be the plan, and that the exact opposite is happening. I think I would have liked it if they actually kept the championship in the eyes of fans more instead of just having Roman, you know, take it and go hibernate wherever he is, you know, and good, you know, props to him. He's getting paid millions of dollars with less dates, less wear and tear in his body. Good for him. I do the same thing. But when you're looking at this from a fans perspective, you're like, all right, well, they unified the belts. He barely defends it. He's not unsmacked down. He's on like one out of every four smackdowns. He doesn't do house shows, and nobody is talking about challenging for the championship because Arouno championships other than the US and Intercontinental for the men's side anyway. So yeah, like I don't hate the idea, I just don't like the execution of and the results after a few months now of like, okay, well they took the belts and essentially just like you know, buried them temporarily.
Speaker 3: So yeah, I mean, yeah, I agree with you. I agree with you on that, but I think I want them. I want to see him split now, Like I don't.
Speaker 4: I don't want it was a fun idea at first, and like Roman holding on the belts, but like you said, it just just that he's gone and you don't see the belts, like you don't even see them. And I honestly don't think Raw is like suffocating like without a belt that much.
Speaker 3: I mean, they need a belt, but I.
Speaker 4: Think they're doing pretty well on their own. But I want to see them split at some point. And it makes me wonder, like with this whole money in the bank match happening in the contracts, like what do the contracts say, like inside the briefcase.
Speaker 3: Like what if they say for one belt and like they go on.
Speaker 4: The story and like, oh, we haven't updated them, and it looks like it's actually for one belt, and you know you can actually only challenge for one belt. So what if Rollins gets the briefcase and he opens it and sees that it's for the Universal or the ww Championship, Because I I could see them Rolin's having a championship and then I want to see Drew with a championship two at some point, so.
Speaker 3: Like they split it. Ron's can have the belt for whenever he wants it, Summer slam, ros mean whatever.
Speaker 4: And then you can still have Drew when the other one at the clash of the Castle.
Speaker 2: I have in concept, I have no problem with that taking the belts and putting them back on the each brand, so each brand has a top belt to compete for. But again, when they tell us that summer at WrestleMania, hey, this is unifying. That means to bring together, even though I understand symbolically they're two separate belts. But they told us that the championship, not the physical title belts, but the championship is now unified. That means it's one. So you're right. I could see them doing that though, where like people aren't thinking like this and they're just saying, oh, well, you know, he has those two belts, so he's he technically the money in the bank. No one read the contract. He thought it was for both. It's only for one. It's like, well, wait a minute, WrestleMania unified them, So.
Speaker 4: I mean you could also do in a way of like it was Paul Hammon's and Roman Rings idea. So he doesn't like lose the universal, like he's always had the universal, so what if.
Speaker 3: It was their idea?
Speaker 4: So it's like he does, he loses one, but he still technically has the other one, so he's still the champion of that one, so he doesn't lose the streak.
Speaker 3: So what if they came up with the idea.
Speaker 4: Of like, Okay, well if I lose that belt, fine, but I still have this belt where I still have my streak on it, you know, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 2: That I could see them doing that. I mean, they have so many large holes in storylines now anyway, it's not that far of a reach to say that they would do something like that. And you know what I would be. I would actually be okay with letting that slide simply for the benefit of getting a top championship back on Raw and Seth as a champion, and then you can have Roman hold that Universal championship until drew A clashed the Castle. But I just have no faith and I really think sadly that they're gonna go with Rock and Roman for the Universal Championship or unified whatever at WrestleMania, and I don't want the belt involved at all. I mean, would you you would you want the belt involved with Rock and Rollman at WrestleMania.
Speaker 4: I mean no, because then you would know the outcome, like the Rock's not going to win the belt at least you don't think so, like, because he's so busy, he's not going to come back to WW for a run, so it would make it obvious and make it very predictable. And I think that's a match that you don't want to be predictable at all, because that match, when it does happen, will be fantastic, and you don't want any inclination of what is going to happen in the slightest. So no, I don't want the belt in it, just because I don't want it to be predictable like they do.
Speaker 3: With a lot of their matches. So yeah, no, no belt in that.
Speaker 2: Okay, Yeah, no, I'm just trying to see if there's an argument to be made that I'm not thinking of that. It's like, yeah, it actually be better with the belt. I can't think of one other than the marketing, like Vince would love to say the very superficially, Oh, it's for the championship, that makes it bigger, And when you take five seconds you're like, well no, actually, wait a minute. No, Rock is a Hollywood star, He's here for one match only. Why would I want the belt involved? Which would just totally exploit the outcome of the match, like you said, and it would also mean that Roman's champion for another what like six months, whatever the hell it is, you know, And I think people are ready to move on. I am, and I was. I was like one of the last holdouts of like, no, it's kind of going good. I'm ready, Like I'm like, okay, this has been a fun run. It's been now almost exactly two years at Wrestlerman or SummerSlam twenty twenty when he came back during the pandemic era and beat I think it was braun Strowman and the triple threat or he made it a triple threat or something and spared him and won the belt. So to me, I think that you have a fan base that's gettingless. They're ready. It's like, okay, can we give can we give give somebody the victory like seth rollins so we can get back to kind of regular, like regular scheduled programming here because everything is being withheld with Roman reigns everything, and it's just for a guy that's not there much anymore anyway. It's it's a burden. It's a burden on fans, and I'm sure that the guys in the back are like, hey, like he's not here a lot. Can we can we compete for a championship? You know? Like so, I don't know, but anyway, I think we both agree Seth Rollins wins this match. If you had to pick a second, you know, if you were like, okay, if Seth doesn't win, who who would be your second?
Speaker 4: I don't want to go to my samisay predictions that's your second one. I feel like, okay, hold on, I think it'll be Seth and Riddle.
Speaker 3: I think it'd be Seth and Riddle climbing up the ladders.
Speaker 4: Maybe even Drew, but I think it'll be Seth and Riddle just because they've also had a little thing going on, you know, the past couple of weeks.
Speaker 3: I mean, they've had a couple of run ins. But yeah, I think climbing up the ladders that are to the last two will be the same.
Speaker 4: I'm not saying geez see, even my subconscious wants to say, see.
Speaker 2: You're you're suppressing, you're suppressing your urge.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but actually, one thing I want to happen in this match, I will say I need all of them, Seamus, Madcap, Sammy, Seth Riddle and Drew be right when the match begins, gang up on Omas, throw him out of the ring, attack him for a good five minutes, and just leave him on the floor, and then they continue the match.
Speaker 2: I think I think that's going to happen at some point anyway, because Amas in a ring for a long period of time. He's not ready for that, and I think it would expose his weaknesses. So something exactly like that probably will happen. Well, he'll be like taking a nap at ringside after somebody attacks him, and he'll just be laying there. Maybe they'll have like a pillow underneath the ring he can kind of hang out, and then when it's time he'll come back into the ring and you know, people like, oh, my god, Amasa's back up, My god, what you know, the Nigerian giant, And you know he'll have a spot where he'll have his fingertips on the briefcase and you think he'll might have a chance, But it's not gonna happen. I mean, my second is Drew McIntyre, again an uninteresting pick, but if Seth doesn't win it, I think Drew is probably in second place to win this. So he can say to Roman you can't duck me any longer. I am going to cash this in on you. You just don't know when, you know, Like, I think that Drew has a case to be made here. I mean, they've been on the same show for how long and they have for the most part, not the entire time, but for the most part avoided one another. And I think that it would be a fun, a fun thing to do to hang that over the head of Roman Reigns and have him stressed out, you know, every week or every three weeks when he's there, have Paul Hayman comment on it. So I think Drew is a strong second, with Seth Rowlins still number one for me.
Speaker 3: So yeah, I would says it would it would be those three.
Speaker 4: It'd be Seth, Riddle, and then Drew. But I'm a stick with Seth and Riddle for the last.
Speaker 2: Even though Riddle doesn't make sense, Like no one's talking about this where Riddle just lost in a match where the stipulation against Roman was if you lose, you can never compete in a championship match as long as Roman Reigns is champion against you know, for his belts, So how does that work?
Speaker 4: I mean, so they just threw out there and then we're like, oh, yeah, Like we shouldn't have said that, because.
Speaker 2: I'm like, yeah, they did. See that's the again, that's not that that's not thought through and it's not thinking ahead, it's thinking in the moment. And I think they're hoping, ah, fans will forget that not mentioned it, guys didn't happen because I mean they also knew that Riddle wasn't gonna win it, so they didn't really care. So yeah, but I just thought about that. I'm like, and they mentioned it like the very next week, and Riddle's like, I'm gonna, you know, get my vengeance and win the money in the bank. I'm like, but you just lost a match that you can't compete, So I don't know. It's one of those No, they won't explain it, they won't bring it up, it'll just never it didn't happen. So and so okay, we've gone through the whole card. So it's kind of wrap things up. Do you think there'll be any big surprise returns or maybe things were not thinking about that. Somebody can make an appearance anything like that.
Speaker 4: I mean, there's John Cena, Like you said, Bailey, did you say you think Bailey's gonna turn.
Speaker 2: I think there's a snow. I think i'd give it a small chance, but I think more likely she'll return on the next Friday Night SmackDown as the next contender for Rowsy. Yeah.
Speaker 4: Okay, okay, yeah, I mean I would say, I mean there's a small chance John Cena shows up, But other than that, I can't really think of anyone that you know would be a surprise return.
Speaker 3: Do you have anyone else?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think John Cena is a small chance. I think Bailey's small chance. I also think there's a small chance of Roman Reigns himself appearing to interfere, you know, in the the tag title match. Maybe maybe I think that that's against small Would he interfere in the ladder match money bag ladder match? Maybe maybe he tries to, you know, pick somebody he doesn't want to face and screw them out of the opportunity. I mean, there's no rules in that match, so he could just outright interfere with no no, not worrying about being decute or anything. So you know, it's possible. I think Roman Reigns probably takes this entire event off. I don't think he's going to appear. But if you're gonna, you know, put some people out there. I think, like you said, Bailey Johnson and Roman Reigns have all small chances of appearing.
Speaker 4: Don't you think it's funny that we're talking about Roman showing up at a pay per view and he's.
Speaker 2: The It's that's how low and how far? That's how low the bar is, guys for how often we think our champion is gonna yelp here and defend his belt. He's defended the belt once, I believe once since he wanted it WrestleMania. Uh yeah, like two months ago, So that's how long. Yeah, the bar is very low. It's yeah, I don't know. I'm ready. So all right, Well, I think that wraps things up. Did you have anything else that I'm not thinking about the questions or comments on the event?
Speaker 3: No, I'm not that I know of I do have.
Speaker 4: I don't know if you heard this for it's not really about the event, but it's a little bit about women's wrestling, a little a big thing in women's wrestling.
Speaker 3: If you want to, yeah, go ahead. So Sasha Banks in Naomi, I heard that.
Speaker 4: I don't know if you heard this, but they it's it's reports are saying that they were show specifically was released like June tenth. But now higher ups are trying to smooth things over. So I guess higher ups meaning Stephanie now that she's in the CEO position.
Speaker 3: So I don't think hope is lost ship for Sasha being off of WWE.
Speaker 4: I think that if they are trying to smooth things over, there's a chance that she could be back on TV possibly.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's there's another reason why I think SmackDown has taken a big hit. I mean, Charlotte, Sasha, and Bailey all out. Yeah, I mean I did not hear that. It's also interesting too, like I mean, I so many outlets had reported all she's released, but WWE never made a statement I don't think, right, Like, they never publicly said yeah, they never put out the future endeavored statement that they put out for everybody. So that was the one thing. I'm like, oh, okay, well maybe they just don't want to say it, but she really, I mean, I have no problem with that. You know. I think that whatever the issues may be, and they seem to be deep and they seem to be a long lasting, they seem to have something that has been going on for quite some time and multi layered, probably a feeling of disrespect the way they've creatively used her, you know, that kind of thing. And to be fair, though, Sasha has also been randomly out throughout her career for like months at a time with no explanation. She's had the most bizarre run over the last several years. It's it's fascinating, But I have no problem with that. I mean, if Sasha comes back and they you know, make amends and all is well, then cool. I mean, then that's no problem. They've they're able to bring back a star that probably was maybe aw bound or who knows, maybe whatever she wants to do. She's certainly got enough money I'm sure in the bank. No pun intended, but she definitely is is somebody that I think if she came back, the crowd would be like what like people would the pop would be huge because of everything everyone knows.
Speaker 4: They need to try really hard because she has a lot of star power and talent in WW in general. So I think I don't know what they're doing right now, but if they are trying to smooth things over, they need to try as hard as possible because SmackDown.
Speaker 3: And the women's division in general really needs Sasha in Naomi too. I mean I was Naomi singer on TV.
Speaker 4: So I think they need to get them back like asap, because not only does the SmackDown roster very much need them, but the women's division really needs needs them as well.
Speaker 2: Well, they don't have a they don't have a tag team division. They've never had a tag team division. They've had well yeah, they've had championship belts for a division that doesn't exist. Well yeah, the women's division, yeah division, oh yeah, yeah, no, no, but just the women's division in general. But I would like for the tag team to belts themselves. I mean, they have been nothing but a curse for w w WE. Outside of a few glimmers of hope. I mean even who was it, Naya Jacks and Shanna Beseler I think did actually credible job the Iconics for a hot minute were good, you know that kind of thing. But outside of that, most of the time they have not had a division. Most of the time they've had unopposed champions. I mean like they've had maybe one team or no teams in a division. So like either fifty percent or one hundred percent of the people in the in the division are champions. Mean, you do the math. But so I don't know. I mean I want to if they come back, I want them to quietly just put the tag belts aside until they have an established tag team division. They put the cart before the horse, is what they did.
Speaker 4: So yeah, and they also announced when Sash and Army left that they're gonna have a tag team tournament and haven't. It's been like a couple of months and they never said anything else about it.
Speaker 2: That's all you need to know. I mean, yeah, yeah, it's not good. I mean, like I understand what they're trying to do, and they're trying to make them on equal footing with the men, and like I get that, but like you need to delay the groundwork. You can't. You can't just create the championship and go oh, all is well, they're now seeing the problems with that. I mean, so they don't what they do with the World Rumble every year too, there's like twenty legitimate women in the event that are actually employed on a day to day basis by WWE, and then they always have those like ten women that come back from yesteryear that don't need to be in there anymore. Just to fill the thirty requirement of having a royal rumble. They have like you know, Leita come back and Summer Ray and like all these people from like fifteen years ago that can still halfway cut it in the ring. And it's like, this is an exposure of your of your own company not being able to create women's wrestlers and successful women's wrestlers. So yeah, they're not where they need to be. At the same time, you look back even just you know, five to ten years ago, and it's like, wow, what a difference. So yeah, all right, well that is I think I gonna do it for us tonight. And hopefully we didn't make you think about ron A Rousey's crotch too much and that we we maybe changed your minds and some things, and you know, definitely guys, tune in to Grace's podcast, the Evolutionary Wrestling Podcast. It's focus on women's wrestling, and we certainly spend a lot on that tonight. But Grace, do you have anything else to say before we close it out here?
Speaker 4: No? Follow me on Twitter Evolutionary Wrestling. I'm sorry, Evolutionary WP on Twitter, give me a follow, give me some five star reviews please would be very much appreciated, and go check us out. I really appreciate the support that's been given by Matt, especially he's helped a lot, you know, helping my podcast by you know, give me shout outs and give me advice on podcasting in journal.
Speaker 3: So I really appreciate that a lot. And thank you for all the ww podcast listeners. Y'all are awesome.
Speaker 2: Yeah, definitely, and go watch go watch Stranger Things. Anybody that hasn't already, for God's sake, no spoilers, Well we're no, that's a that's a heads up. Yeah, we don't want to know about anything. Because volume two, uh, the the part two for a Stranger Things season four came out today, so uh, we're all feverishly trying to finish that. And so yeah, so that's why I'm trying. I'm staying off social media. I'm like, I like scan even more carefully my feed because people put stuff out there. Yeah. So guys, if you haven't seen Stranger Things, I mean, you're you're missing out. I gotta say. You know, they're not paying me to say that, but yeah, it's it's it's good stuff, so alrighty well, thanks, thanks Grace, it's been a lot of fun. And enjoy the event and enjoy stranger things. Yeah you too, all right, have a good night too, all right bye.
Speaker 5: Thanks for listening to the WWE podcast. Don't forget to subscribe on your favorite podcast app so you don't miss a show, or head to WWE podcast dot com and for all of these shows add free head over to Patreon dot com slash WWE podcast. Until then, we'll see you next time.