Speaker 1: Dirty hands means clean theology.
Speaker 2: Can you dig it?
Speaker 1: What's going on on my local guys and gas and long distance paths?
Speaker 3: We're back, We're back.
Speaker 4: Yes, we are.
Speaker 1: Had some technical difficulties starting this one, as usual.
Speaker 4: It's one of those things. It can go great for three or four times in a row and then just something weird happens.
Speaker 1: And well, I mean also too, we're treading the new territory here, we're doing the whole video thing, so it's a little bit of a learning curve, no doubt.
Speaker 3: No doubt.
Speaker 4: But it's getting better. It's getting better.
Speaker 1: No, yeah, we'll be in house work being they let up on you, Anye a little bit.
Speaker 2: They've let up on you.
Speaker 1: They've hammered down on me.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we're about getting everything called up. It's funny. We'll change well, we'll get one unit running. It's like instantly, no one goes down somewhere else. It's it is what it is, Yeah, I mean it's yeah, it's uh job security. Yeah yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah. They've moved us on twelve hours and I've had like two days off in thirty days. It's been good money, but been pretty ill.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I've been pretty ill.
Speaker 3: I guarantee it I think I kept my hair a little like two weeks too soon.
Speaker 1: You know you're unrecognizable. Yeah, yeah, you don't even look like your lego anymore.
Speaker 3: I know it.
Speaker 1: I don't even look like Ben. He went from looking like doctor Judd Burton too.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I think I might have had my beard, might have had his beat. I don't know, man, it mine's pretty bushy when it's untamed. But yeah, it's I've been walking around. It feels like the air conditioning has been on.
Speaker 1: You know you're cold all the time now, yep. But for you guys, that's been your wanted us on this walk through. We're going through the Book of Acts and we're now in chapter seventeen. We got a great guest for you guys. So before we dive into that, we'll open up in prayer. Who's I think you prayed last time, wasn't it?
Speaker 3: Or go ahead there, Lord, Thank for today, Thank you for this time of fellowship together, study and your word. Lord, please speak to us, give us some discernment and understand what you're trying to say to.
Speaker 2: Just name him.
Speaker 1: In you'll introduce our guests Steve Well.
Speaker 4: Today we have one of my favorites because he's part of a group that I love to listen to from the Iron and Myth podcast. This is where one of the first places I found out about him. But we have Brian Goadwah with us, who he's a screenwriter author, has written multiple screenplays To the End or To the End of All Wars, The Visitation and co wrote My Son Hunter, which has kind of been one of the more popular ones lately.
Speaker 5: And also actually I wrote it.
Speaker 4: Wrote it. Oh, I was sorry, I wrote it. My fault also wrote multiple books, The Nephelin Chronicles, the Chronicles of the Apocalypse, the Chronicles of the Watchers, and like I said before, one of the four guys that we've actually you're the last one we've gotten to talk to.
Speaker 2: Last piece of the post, last piece of.
Speaker 4: The puzzle from the Iron of Myth podcast, which is one of my favorite things. And I love the way you guys are able to talk about things from a different standpoint, because you guys all have different ideas in different ways that you viewed things, but you guys can do it in such a civil way that most people just struggle with that. But I love listening to it because there's just every one of you guys has such a wealth and knowledge.
Speaker 5: You know, we're a group of four heretics.
Speaker 4: Oh you know, I love it.
Speaker 6: We're used to that, so you know, we're used to being treated that way. So we're trying to treat each other more civilly. Absolutely.
Speaker 1: Well, I guess for those that's living under a rock and don't know much about you, what got you into writing and what is the baseline of your books and give people a feel of who Brian Goodowell is.
Speaker 5: Well.
Speaker 6: So I started out as a writer as a screenwriter, actually, so many years ago.
Speaker 5: That was my passion.
Speaker 6: I love movies and I wanted to make movies that would actually would honor God with a Christian worldview.
Speaker 5: But I wanted to make movies in Hollywood, not Christian.
Speaker 6: Movies, and so I said about doing that, And you know, I've made a few movies.
Speaker 5: It's been tough over the years.
Speaker 6: Absolutely. Two und All Wars was my first movie that got made, and that was like twenty eleven or no, what was it, two thousand? No, it was a two thousand Oh my gosh, like two thousand and one. So yeah, almost twenty years ago, that movie still holds up. Its still I'm I'm the most proud of that, and that's because I was the sole writer and we didn't have time to get screwed up by studios and they, you know, they had to stick to budget and keep going, and so they didn't have time to keep working on things until they're bad, you know.
Speaker 5: And I think that.
Speaker 6: But also the director of the producer, and me is the writer. We all worked cohesively together really well, and I really respected the director's directing abilities as well.
Speaker 5: So that was really fun and exciting.
Speaker 6: But over the years, what happened was, I, you know, you have you have some bad years in there. Everyone does, even the most successful people do in Hollywood, you know, and it forced me to sort of like consider other writing possibilities. But what happened was was that I had written a script about a Bible story that I thought would be great for Hollywood.
Speaker 5: Hollywood would and.
Speaker 6: It would be great for Christians because they would have both that ancient world and you could get in some mystical things and stuff that would be cool, and both sides would be willing to accept it because it could be big budget, et cetera. And that was a story about Noah, and I'd done I'd done the research, and then I found out that that Darren Aronovski was making his movie. So I thought, well, you know what I'm you know, I'm just a little guy. So I thought, how can I get my story out? I know, it probably wasn't going to be made as a movie, and I realized, you know what, I need to make it into a novel. And then that launched in That first novel was called Noah Primeval that was based on the original screenplay.
Speaker 5: And what happened was that it really took off.
Speaker 6: And of course, you know, I had the nuffling giants in there, the watchers and you know, showing the supernatural spiritual realm, which I had learned that in the process of doing the research for the script. I had discovered Michael Heiser at that time, just before that actually and so and this was before his book on Seeing Realm was even It was actually just he was working on it and it was free online. You could just read it as he was working on it. It was called The Myth That Is True or something like that. So that was that opened my eyes because also he's an evangelical. He was you know, he recently passed away, of course sadly but so he was an evangelical scholar who believed the Bible's God's word, but he also did not avoid the more difficult passages, passages in the Bible that a lot of evangelical scholarship does, you know, case and point number one, case in point gens to six one through four. And of course, you know, many scholars see the connotations of connections with other ancient cultures like Greeks and surrounding Canaan and such, and they get frighted, they get frightful, and they try to, you know, do word salad and sort of cover up the similarities between pagan religions. And then liberal scholars on the other hand, or critical scholar that don't believe in the Bible, you know, they just go, yeah, it's all the same thing. They're all saying the same thing. They're just getting their ideas from Greece and all this, you know, which, interestingly, the truth is is the other way around. Actually, Greece got their ideas from the ancient Near East, so all the Titans and all that kind of stuff comes from the Refeime and Canaan. But anyway, you know, these so my point is is that these similarities that are the oddities is Michael Heist would often say, you know, if it's weird in the Bible, it's probably important. And those those were His work opened up my eyes to all those passages that I would just read, op and go, that's weird.
Speaker 5: I don't understand it.
Speaker 6: I'll just keep moving, you know, deal with it some other day, right or you know, you don't have to understand it everything. So but I would avoid those things. Well, so reading his work really opened my eyes, like I said, in fact, I dedicated the first novel to him, and I said that his work opened my eyes like Ilicia's servant, you know, was open to see the spiritual realms and so to speak.
Speaker 5: And that launched my my writing into that that world.
Speaker 6: And when I saw that storyline in the Bible that I now call the War of the Seed, which is, as you know, the seed of the Serpent versus the Seed of Eve, which is ultimately a messiah, right, well, I saw that, but I also saw that dimension where you know, giants like Goliath, they're not just anomalies or the nepheling you know that you hear about in Genesis six. And then they, of course the Anakin come into the Promised Land and such, but very little is explained about that stuff and and and and it's not just a strange anomally. When I saw that it's all connected in a theological messaging, that's what really opened.
Speaker 5: My eyes and said, wow, I I could write. I could write like a four four book series on this.
Speaker 6: Well, now I've up to I'm up to like twelve books, you know, because there's a lot to write about, you know. And so that that that's where it began. And and that was right when you know, Amazon kindall was just it was, it had been out, but it was starting to break away, and that my book did so well that I realized, you know, I can I can make a living off of this. I can do I can make make some money and do what I really love and make a living. That's that's a blessing that not everyone gets, right, But I was just starting out, and you know, I'm I'm not I'm not a great American novelist. Okay, I'm a Hoigawood screenwriter. So I bring that kind of sensitive sensibilities by writing. So I write my novels like big Hollywood epics, you know, kind of like you're watching the movie, right, So that was my idea, and then you know, Chronicles and the nepheline was born, and that went up to eight books, and it went through Abraham, Enoch, David, a bunch of the characters through the Bible. And then I realized, I'm not yet done, because I wanted to bring in you know, the Book of Revelation, of course, is very supernatural, right, and I thought, how does this apply to the supernatural and my unique understanding of eschatology and the Book of Revelation, And so I wrote a four book series called Chronicle, so the Apocalypse, and then that follows the Chronicles of nephiling But then I realized there are some stories in the Old Testament that I didn't touch on that I need to address and then maybe bring it also into the future into like other countries, say China or you know, Great Britain, that kind of thing. So I started Chronicles of the Watchers, and that's sort of interwoven with Chronicles and Nephilinges. So like I wrote a story of Moses against the Gods of Egypt under Chronicles the Watchers, but you can like read that before you read Joshua Valiant in Chronicles and neo flings. So they're all woven together and it's become this best selling series and such and all that long windedness. But you know, the I've always been an artist that was a visual artist, and then my writing career was interested in Hollywood, and then writing novels just came out of.
Speaker 5: My love for for theology.
Speaker 6: I wanted, I love to incorporate theology into my storytelling. But the problem is most Christian movies and Christian books and Christian music novels, that kind of stuff has been rather poorly done and very preachy, etc. You know, And that's because they don't value the craft as much as the message. And over my years as a Christian, as I studied the arts, and I was heavily influenced by Francis Schaeffer.
Speaker 5: Many of you probably don't even know who.
Speaker 6: He is, but they Christian philosopher for back in the seventies, and he opened my eyes to understanding.
Speaker 5: How does my art glorify God? How does it connect with God?
Speaker 6: Not in terms of like, oh, I'm preaching the Gospel through it, but how does art?
Speaker 5: How does God himself see art?
Speaker 6: Well, I developed what's called my esthetic in all those years and particularly studying Hollywood storytelling, and so I came out with some books.
Speaker 5: One was called Hollywood world Views, How to Watch Movies with Wisdom and Discernment.
Speaker 6: That was for Christians, how to appreciate movies and storytelling better. And then I wrote a couple other books on just the imagination. One's called The Imagination of God and the other ones called God against the Gods. And there I go into the Bible talk about how God loves imagination, how he uses in other words, it's not just reason.
Speaker 5: Reason is a part of our faith.
Speaker 6: So we have faith as a foundation, then we have reason that is, you know, based on that foundation of faith and works with it and balances each other out, so to speak. But then there's the most neglected component, you know. So you've got the overly rational people who you know, just intellectualize everything. But then you also have the emotional Christians who are just you know, bouncing around off the chandeliers and stuff, thinking that, you know.
Speaker 5: Religion is an emotion.
Speaker 6: But somewhere in between is the Christian life incorporates both of those things in balance, hopefully. But there's a third one that's often left down. That's the imagination. And that was That's been my purview because as an artist that I just I love the imagination. But I always had a hard time understanding, you know. I sought to understand how my imagination worked with me as a Christian and my art. But my later step, in my later years of life was realizing and learning and studying how God incorporates imagination into our understanding of Him and our theology. It's not just the oh, it's okay to be creative, it's no. Creativity is part of a necessary component of understanding God. And that's why I wrote some of my other books to try to explain that that understanding, and that led me, of course to the chapter we're going to talk about, Act seventeen. Many years ago I wrote an article on it. You can I put the article in those books. You can read it in both both of my books, The Imagination of God or God against the Gods, which we'll talk about, but description, okay, sure, so Act seventeen, you know was I also along the many years of being a Christian, I have always had a love for the intellect and for philosophy and apologetics. In fact, I learned a lot of my theology through apologetics, you know, studying the polts and false ideas and false philosophies of man and then encountering it with God's word in his Bible, and how does that integrate? And I've always been drawn to that, And so when I came to Act seventeen, I always understood there's many different, you know, Christian apologetic schools of thoughts. There's several that are dominant, and everyone tends to, you know, go to Act seventeen as a model for how we should preach the Gospel the Pagans, but also you know, sort of as a model for apologetics.
Speaker 5: Well, I understood that, and have learned a lot from that.
Speaker 6: But I began to say, through the eyes of the imagination and through the eyes of storytelling, and I came up with a slightly different understanding I thought was a little bit more appropriate to the ancient, original context in which Paul was preaching. And it was an understanding of that Paul was not just Paul was not was not merely preaching the Gospel, and he was not merely you know, using rational argumentation for the faith with unbelievers. He was actually doing what I called subversion.
Speaker 5: He was.
Speaker 6: Retelling the ancient Stoic narrative, which was his audience. And we'll go over these details, of course, but the big picture is he was retelling the Pagan narrative, their narrative of creation, fall and redemption, retelling it but using it with redefined Christian categories of understanding. And now, of course some of them have things in common. But well we'll go through that and see how he made the difference. But that's the big picture of you know, what Paul was doing is he's retelling a story. He's not just merely engaging rational argumentation. In fact, you know, you could make the argument that there's more of storytelling than rational argumentation in that in that passage, but there's definitely the context that set up in Acts seventeen. You know if we go there, Well, first of all, before we start launch onto that, did you guys want to address anything of that that I had said, I don't want to just keep talking until.
Speaker 1: Well, no, that's a conclusion that I drew from it. When I was reading, I was like, you know, how great was it that he met them where they were? You know, you see Christians nowadays that are you know, standing outside the abortion clinics and the gay bars with their picket signs and screaming hate, you know, and things like that. You know, you're not going to win souls that way. You know, he met them where they were, told them stories that were familiar to them, and just kind of repackaged it in a way that they could understand.
Speaker 2: I mean, and they accepted it so much.
Speaker 1: I can't remember because I don't have the text in front of me, but they took him. The place they took him to was the place where all the philosophers gathered on this heel and pitched their ideas. So, I mean, because of his presentation, they accepted him and they were willing to listen, just like those in Thissalonica. You know that they were eager to hear what he had to say because of the way he packaged it.
Speaker 2: I thought that was really really cool.
Speaker 6: Exactly, So, the Areoplogus is where is the hill there in Athens? There, and it was where they commonly went to exchange. It's like the marketplace of ideas in a way. It's kind of like Hollywood, right or you know, it's it's or nowadays social media, I guess, in some ways.
Speaker 5: But yeah, So so that was where.
Speaker 6: They exchanged their new ideas and critique them, et cetera. But you're right, that's also where the Pagans were. And really it's the I believe it's the only presentation of the Gospel to Pagans that is in the New Testament, which's very interesting. That's why a lot of people go use it as a as a model, which is fine, you know, but yeah, so what's interesting is, you know Paul, you know you mentioned Paul is is uh, you know, reaching them at their level, and this.
Speaker 5: Is where they went.
Speaker 6: Well, Luke is also depicting Paul as a kind of Socrates, you know, and he's drawing from some images and some concepts that were well known about Socrates.
Speaker 5: So so he is sort of.
Speaker 6: Depicting Paul within this Socratic context, you know, because for instance, Paul starts out in Acts seventeen twenty two, he's standing in the midst of ary Apagus. You know, he goes, men of Athens. I perceive that in every way you are very religious. Well, this statement men of Athens has been is noted in several Greek writers like Aristotle and Demosthenes, and that's they would always begin their discussions men of Athens, right, and then he says, I perceive you are very religious. And this is also another something that that that the uh example, the Athenian dramatist Sophocles, he said the same thing. Ethens is a head of states, the most devout. You know, you are such a religious people. So Paul is sort of using their language and and and Luke is depicting them that way. But I want to I want to bring out something too, is that there are two dominant streams of thought here at the time, and that was the Stoics and the Epicureans. And Paul actually focuses on the Stoics storytelling.
Speaker 5: He's you know, why, why is that the most important? Is that?
Speaker 6: I don't know, maybe there was another time where he focused on Epicurean storytelling, but but this particular passage, we're going to look at a lot of his points and a lot of his ideas, and they are very.
Speaker 5: Stoic related, you know. So the Epicureans had.
Speaker 6: A different, slightly different worldview, but the Stoic narrative was probably the more dominant view at the time. So I think that that's probably why he's focusing on that for this sermon.
Speaker 5: Right, but he's he's going along. He talks about you. I saw an inscription to the unknown.
Speaker 6: God, and what you worship is unknown, I proclaimed to you, you know, And he goes for the God who made everything in the world does not live in temples made by man, nor is he served by human hands, and as though he needed anything. Well, we know that this has a this understanding has a tradition within the Judaism, right of the Bible. You know, God does not God himself said to David, you know, I don't dwell in.
Speaker 5: The temple, right.
Speaker 6: But specifically the Stoics as well made this reference a lot because Stoicism was it was a belief system that used the common concepts of the Greeks, like the logos, which was logos was the underlying order of the universe.
Speaker 5: But what they did was they that's.
Speaker 6: Sort of like a rational principle, right, So the Stoics were more rational than religious, but they use the religious concepts like Zeus et cetera. They would refer to them in as stories, right, but they invested Zeus with a new meaning as Zeus is logos or logos, right, which means they were subverting the Greek religious culture and sort of investing it with their own meaning, you know, and they would say, ah, Zeus, you know, so Zeus is in all things, Logos is in all things.
Speaker 5: Zeus is the.
Speaker 6: Underlying order of all things. Right, And so they are in themselves sort of subverting the Greek religion with their more rationalistic approach, but nonetheless they still have a religiosity to them. And you know, Zeno, for example, he was the founder of stoicism. He said temples are not to be built to the gods. That was one of his famous sayings. Euripides the Athenian Tragedian, he said what house fashioned by builders could contain the divine form within enclosed walls. So this Stoicism was very much critical at the points of the Greek religion as they were trying to bring along the you know, the ignorant Plebeians into a better understanding, right, So they would talk about Zeus, but that's logos. And then they would also say, well, you know, gods don't live and tells me by hands. So Paul's going down that same path, that same passageway, referring to the similar concepts using similar words as well. He says in verse twenty six, and he made from one man every nation of mankind to live on all the face of the earth, having determined allotted periods and times and the boundaries of their dwelling place, that they should seek God, and that perhaps they might feel their way towards Him, grope for him, and find him. And so this is also another there's concepts here that are very.
Speaker 5: Familiar to the Stoics.
Speaker 6: Cicero talked about the universal brotherhood of mankind. This was a common theme in Stoicism of how you know we are all brothers, we all come from the same source, right, like Paul saying one man, from one man, came every nation of mankind. Now, of course he's not saying he's not saying that it's Noah. He's not saying it's Adam. He's not saying it's Noah. But he's deliberately, I would argue, he's deliberately keeping out his specific Jewish concepts are definitions and understandings, in order to be able to draw them in to the story.
Speaker 1: Right. Also, we talked about the dividing of the peoples and nations and stuff.
Speaker 2: I thought of that when I read that.
Speaker 6: Yes, but it's interesting because they weren't the only ones that thought that way. The Greeks also had a concept of the gods as being over like.
Speaker 5: In fact, it's in Plato.
Speaker 6: Plato writes of it as well, that the belief that there were gods over various nations.
Speaker 5: Right.
Speaker 6: So it's interesting how some Pagans have the same concepts of the the watchers and the territorial spirits over the nations, right, and so, and a lotting of the boundaries. For example, Epictetus in his discourse, he writes, how else could things happen so regularly by God's command?
Speaker 5: As it were?
Speaker 6: He tells the plants to bloom, et cetera. And then Zeus maintains a distribution and oversees everything. And Cicero adds that the seasons and the zones of habitation, the boundaries of habitation are evidence of God's existence. So yeah, they's He's appealing to.
Speaker 5: These common concepts. And this is this is.
Speaker 6: The first one of the first dramatic I would say, are apologetic points that I think you know, is is important to understand or or even if you're just evangelizing, whatever word you want to use. First is that he compliments to me. I see you are religious people.
Speaker 5: You know.
Speaker 6: Now he acknowledges what they believe, you have an unknown God. Well, I'm going to proclaim to you that that which you don't know but you want to, you know. And then secondly he you know, he goes and he says or I'm sorry. He's finding common ground with them, and it's important to say though that he's not making the distinctions yet between his faith understanding and theirs. Not only that, but he's not. He's using words and concepts that they would understand differently, right zeus uh set the boundaries and the habitations, not yaweh right, not living in temples made by man et cetera, made by hands. Uh they're thinking, you know, they're thinking in their Greek version of that. But he's not making the distinctions yet. He will eventually, but he's not. And that's an important thing because I think all too often as a Christian I'm I'm very eager to point out where I disagree with with non Christians or unbelievers, you know, where they're wrong or.
Speaker 5: How God's different, et cetera.
Speaker 6: And I think that this goes a long way towards affirming the fact that we need to connect with on common ground as much as we can without going into details, without going into the contradictions, and just connect with our fellow pagans, who are human beings created in the image of God.
Speaker 5: We have that basis to do that, right, And so that's what I think he's doing there.
Speaker 6: Then he launches into the couple passages that is most known. In this passage where he says, well, first of all, let me point one other cool little connection here. He goes, you know, God determined the boundaries that they should seek God and grope for him that they may find him. Well, it's interesting because this phrase of groping for God is the same phrase that she used of the Cyclops in the Odyssey, groping, you know, for the men that blinded him, right, And so I think he's he might be making this sort of allusion to that. You know, you're like the Cyclops groping you've been blinded, right, But he hasn't said that explicitly. He's just sort of hinting at that. And then he goes, we're all groping for God in a way, right, And he goes, yet he is actually not far from each of us.
Speaker 5: In him.
Speaker 6: We live and move and have our being, as even some of your own poets have said, for we are indeed his offspring.
Speaker 5: So here's the point where most people will understand.
Speaker 6: Oh yeah, here's he is quoting some actual Stoics, for example, that we are as offspring comes from Aratus in his phenomenon, and he talked, Ratus says, let us begin with Zeus. Never, oh men, let us leave him unmentioned. All the ways are full of Zeus, all the marketplaces of human beings. The sea is full of him, so are the harbors. In every way, we all have to do with Zeus, for we are truly his offspring. And then actually Aratus is probably rephrasing Cleanthes him to Zeus where he says we live and creep upon the earth, We who live and creep up on the earth are all his, are all thy children, so children of Zeus. Right, So this is what's interesting again, where even your own poets have said we are his offspring?
Speaker 5: Well, what do there are, poets?
Speaker 6: What did the Stoic poets Clanthees and Aratus, What did they mean by we are his offspring? Not at all what Paul believes, right, I mean, no, we're not, you know, the stoic notion was. First of all, I remember Zeus is the pantheist. He's more of a panentheist in that the logos is the underlying order of all the universe, and that's God, and that is in everything, right, and that unites everything. So they had a very panantheistic view. And so being his offspring is that we all come from this, you know, panentheistic logos. That's not at all what Paul believes. But he's say quoting him as if he does. And I'm not saying he's deceiving them, but he's followed. But think about it, we as Christians can say, well, the Bible says that in a sense, there's two kinds of children of God. Right, there's a sense of we're all created by God. So in that sense where his children created by him. But there is a definer distinction, which is children of God are those who are redeemed and have a connection with the Creator, and those who are not are not. But there is a universal sense in which we're all created by God. And so you can see why they can say, hey, yeah, God created, It's like offspring, right, And.
Speaker 5: He says in him we live and move and have our being.
Speaker 6: Well, that comes from Epimendes in his Credica, he talks about you know, he's talking about Zeus again they fashioned a tomb few, But thou art not dead, Thou livest and a bidest for in you we live and move and have our beings.
Speaker 5: So he's literally quoting.
Speaker 6: But again this is the panentheistic view that God is in everything, in him we live in with ever being. And of course Paul believes God is sovereignly in control of all things and there's nothing outside of his presence.
Speaker 5: But he's not.
Speaker 6: Invested in the universe like the Stoics believed. And yet, like I said before, even more distinctly, it's interesting he's not saying, he's quoting as if he agrees with them, because in a shallow sense he does with the words. But this is the power of words and definitions and meanings.
Speaker 5: It is he.
Speaker 6: We know he has a different meaning. He'll get there, but it's just not yet. Give it some time, invest get into the story, bring them into the story, join with them in the story. Right, This is what I do as a storyteller in the movies. You know you talk about you write stories about heroes who who you go on a journey with the hero and you begin with them, and then by the end of the movie, the hero has gone through enough experiences that he learns and grows and becomes a better person. He didn't realize he needed to write.
Speaker 1: You're building a collection with the audience.
Speaker 6: Exactly exactly, so you're you're pulling them in and agreeing with them as much as possible in a shallow sense, but in enough to make a connection. And that's what's very you know, imagine some of the evangelists of today are the apologists of today. If they were there, they would probably criticize Paul for you know, you're not making enough of a distinction Paul, right.
Speaker 1: And that's where they get it wrong. I just took an apologetics class that was so eye opening for me. Rick Hasty, a guy we had on the show, done an apologetics class. It was six weeks and he said, the common misconception is everybody thinks apologetics is the art of arguing and winning.
Speaker 2: He said no, he said, apologetics is the art of relationship. He said.
Speaker 1: You ask questions, he said, not to get the answer you want out of them, or to prove your point right, know, to see what that person thinks, see how they believe. To build a connection, he said. And then it's also an invitation, he said, ask him out for pizza or go out, you know, for coffee, he said, And then you slowly have these conversations and build a connection with that person.
Speaker 2: That way they're more open to receive what you have to say.
Speaker 1: And that that was always seen apologetics is like a man, I want to learn how to you know.
Speaker 6: W yeah, you know, yeah, And boy, I tell you I've been too often guilty of that very thing of just wanting to win an argument.
Speaker 5: And it's you know.
Speaker 6: I think probably two of my favorite apologists for embodying that very graciousness that you're describing that we should all be like but very few of us are is Greg Cochel, which I highly recommend.
Speaker 5: His book Tactics on It's it's it's about.
Speaker 6: Apologetics as relationship, not as arguments. And Sean McDowell, who like these guys they speak the truth, but man, they speak with graciousness to unbelievers and patients and such that I certainly don't have. But yeah, so this is, you know, this is we're going on that path with him. He's drawing them in and and he's not made any distinctions yet.
Speaker 5: He's trying to find that common ground. And in a sense, isn't it true?
Speaker 6: You know, like don't we all like know, movies that are partly true but not we wouldn't agree.
Speaker 5: With the worldview.
Speaker 6: Or songs that have some really truthful lyrics about maybe pain or suffering, but they don't know God and they don't have the full picture, but there's enough truth in there that you can say, yeah, you know, I like this song, or you know, one of one of my fair examples was you know, my gosh, it's an old classic now, but I always used to love to refer to the Matrix, you know, the Matrix movie, because the Matrix when it shows you know, Neil waking up and realizing that everyone's a slave and they don't know it. And he was a slave too, right because he took but then he took the red pill, he got repilled.
Speaker 3: And.
Speaker 6: And that waking up experience was exactly what I experienced as a born again Christian when I became a believer, when the Holy Spirit actually came into my life and changed me from and I began to see around me just what Neo was like, you know, so I would use that all the time as one of the best examples of what it of, at least the existential experience of being born again.
Speaker 5: Now, of course, the Matrix.
Speaker 6: Movie, which I've written a whole article on it, it is anti Christian. Actually they used Christian imagery in the movies, in the whole series. But they're very specifically self avowed Nietzschean nihilists. Who are you who are burning Christianity by using our concepts and images and investing with a new meaning of self salvation?
Speaker 5: Right?
Speaker 6: So yeah, and Young Young and Nietzschez is one of their dominant influences. But what I'm suggesting is Paul is actually doing the same thing. And and this this could be a little controversial because some people think, oh no, this is a worldly view. No, no, actually, uh, this is what I call subversion.
Speaker 5: Right.
Speaker 6: You you enter into the story of your opponent, you know, you enter into it, you retell it, you repackage it, but you invest it with new meaning. Now that new meaning you don't necessarily explain upfront because it would make it would be it would stop them. You want them to get into the story and go along with you. Then you uncover the the new meanings, which, by the way, this is what most everybody does. This is what's going on right now in our culture. You know, as we see you know, the woke culture is lit and postmodernism is literally their goal is to control language, and this is why you see them changing words and definitions all the time. They're using words and definitions and changing them because they know the power of language to influence us, right, and so consequently, you know, uh, this is what people do with euphemisms like you know, oh it's it's it's not abortions, just you know, it's not killing human being, it's just you know, taking care of beetle tissue, you know.
Speaker 5: That kind of thing.
Speaker 6: Yes, yeah, celebration and and same thing with the transideology, you know, where there's a taking control of the definition of the word gender, which has always been you know, intimately linked with sex, and divesting them from each other and giving them different definitions. Now sex is your physical, but gender is your internal. But now as they've redefined words, now sex too has become a assigned rather than an intrinsic bio logical reality. Right, So they redefine reality by redefining language, which is what changes people's minds and understanding of the world. And look, I mean, obviously a lot of people are not accepting it, but it's it's growing, it's gaining weight, because that's the power of reinvesting known concepts with new meanings. And what I'm arguing is this is what everyone does, even God does it in the Bible. You know, one of my favorite examples is Leviathan. You know, if you study Leviathan through the Bible. You know, some people think, oh, that's just that's a literal, a dinosaur or something.
Speaker 5: No.
Speaker 6: No, if you study the notion of Leviathan, it's very much a symbol, a symbol of chaos. And Yahweh crushes the chaos in order to establish his covenanted order.
Speaker 5: So he describes crushing.
Speaker 6: The heads of Leviathan when he creates when he takes Moses through the Red Sea in Psalm seventy four and he establishes the Old the Old Mosaic Covenant, he describes that as him crushing the heads of Leviathan because he's crushing that disorder that was Egypt and the chaos, and he's going to create his order. And that's a very common notion in the ancient Near East. Well, that's the same thing. Is God uses a notion that was very well known in the Middle East. You know, Egypt had Apophus the sea dragon, Haynain had Leviathan as well Humot in Mesopotamia. All of them used sea dragons as symbols of chaos. So God uses the same symbol, but he invests it with his meaning. He is the crusher of the dragon, not bail right or baal. And so this is this is what God does. What I'm saying is this is not just a trick. This isn't even evil or wrong. This is just how we operate as human beings. And so Paul is doing the same thing as well. Let's keep going there. Now, we're going to get closer to the where we're almost near the twist there. Okay, So verse twenty nine being God then therefore being God's offspring. We ought not to think the divine being is like gold or silver or stone and image formed by the art and imagination of man. Again, the Stoics, you know, railed on this all the time. You know, you are a fragment of God. You are you have within you a part of him. So they believe that God was inside of us, all beings, all created beings, We were a part of God. God was in us in that sense, and therefore you can't build a house of stone for them, right. So the Stokes had that same notion. Now, this also is an Old Testament concept that the prophets as well mocked and often put down the Pagans.
Speaker 5: But he's.
Speaker 6: Taking a point of contact, a point of agreement, right, And he says the times of ignorance, God overlooked Ah. That's another Stoic concept, the notion of ignorance and knowledge.
Speaker 5: This was a very.
Speaker 6: Stoic, a gnostic form as well. But the idea is they believe.
Speaker 5: That that.
Speaker 6: The Stoic's literally like believe that that we were ignorant of the first of all, that God was in all things. That's how that's the creation notion in terms of the story of the narrative. God is in all things, He's the logos. He infuses all things, and he creates and establishes all things. But humanity becomes ignorant of this God within us. So ignorance was literally in the Greek that was their concept that they dealt with. What's wrong with man. He's ignorant of the God within him, so therefore he treats one another poorly. You know, he does evil, et cetera. So we need to learn that we are a fragment of God. Redemption is then found in in you know, understanding this unity of the brotherhood of man, and that God is the logos is within in all of us.
Speaker 5: Right, that's the stoics.
Speaker 6: So he's saying God looked over over. God has overlooked the times of ignorance. So he's connecting with that notion of enlightenment, so to speak. And again it's partially true, isn't it. But now he commands all people everywhere to repent. Okay, now comes the point where Paul is going to twist. He's going to bring like the twist in a thriller movie, you know, where all of a sudden, the meaning of everything you've heard is different than what you thought. Remember when you saw the first time, Remember when you saw the movie the sixth sense.
Speaker 2: That's what I was thinking, I swhere.
Speaker 6: Yeah, that's the best example of it's like because it's so worked, you know, I remember, in fact watching it as a screenwriter. I'm watching the movie I'm going this is this story is weird. It's not working right, He's not like he's meeting with her, but they're not connecting, they're not what's going on here. It just didn't make sense to me, and I never it never crossed my mind until like you realize, oh, he's dead, and then you realize everything you've been watching was the opposite of what you thought it was. That's the twist, and that's what subversion is. When you show you start to show them there's a different reality, and it changes the way you see things. So Paul says, then this way he brings in repentance, repentance. So the Stoic ignorance was unwitting, right, they can't.
Speaker 5: They don't.
Speaker 6: We've been blinding by layers of creation, you know, so we're blinded. But according to Christianity, we are will. Our ignorance is wilful. Paul even says that in Ephesian four, right, our will ignorance is wilful. So that's a difference. And then he says the first thing that is actually a contradiction with Stoicism. It says, because he has fixed the day in which he will judge the world in righteousness by a man whom he has appointed.
Speaker 5: Now, the Stoics believed in a.
Speaker 6: Great conflagration of fire where the universe would was created out of fire, and then it would go back into fire. But that wasn't judgment. It was it was like the oscillating universe. It would go back and then rise like a phoenixide of the ashes, the phoenix out of the ashes again. So it was a conflagration, that was an oscillating return.
Speaker 5: Right. So when Paul says.
Speaker 6: He's fixed a day in which he will judge the world, that would be offensive to the Stoics. There was no judgment, There is no judgment, and the fire is not a fire of judgment for them.
Speaker 5: But he's saying it.
Speaker 6: Is, and he's going to do it by a man whom he has appointed. That would also be offensive to the Stoics, because no man judges the universe right, no man judges mankind right. If anything, only Zeus could, only Logos could. And then he says, and he's given assurance by raising him from the dead. Well, that would be the ultimate offense to the Stoics. Because Eschylus wrote in his Humanities poem, when the dust has soaked up a man's blood once he is dead, there is no resurrection.
Speaker 5: So the Greeks very.
Speaker 6: Clearly, and a lot of all of their literature as well, they believe that Hades was it.
Speaker 5: You could never come back.
Speaker 6: Now, there would be an occasional person that came back for the sake of a story, but the belief was there is no resurrection. So to say that make this claim was would be truly offensive, I guess would be the modern word to use for it. But it's interesting because so this is the twist. But even then, again, modern apologists and evangelists would probably critique Paul, or at least Luke by saying, not once does he ever use the name Jesus?
Speaker 5: Does he?
Speaker 6: Now you can say, oh, he did, but he left Paul Luke just didn't say it's possible. Sure, But we're reading the story Luke is writing for with a very specific point in mind as well.
Speaker 5: He's he's telling us a narrative, he's.
Speaker 6: Communicating something specifically to us, and Luke specifically makes the point that Paul does not he will alludes to Jesus.
Speaker 5: Yes, obviously, Now why what you know?
Speaker 6: Evangelists would say you're a bad evangelist Paul And you got to say the name of Jesus again.
Speaker 5: I think there is power.
Speaker 6: I'm not I'm not against them, just so you know, I believe in saying, you know, telling people about Jesus. Sometimes that specific name can be a great way to break break through walls and start to communicate, for sure, but it's it's important to understand that sometimes it could be a very important means of connecting with with Him by letting them come to their own conclusions.
Speaker 5: That's the power of storytelling.
Speaker 6: He's going through the narrative, creation, fall, redemption, but he's alluding.
Speaker 5: To a new, a new way of understanding.
Speaker 6: But he's not getting super specific why so that the audience can understand for themselves and if they realize that, it will be more powerful for them. And this is where you know, again, as a storyteller, I can say, this is where we were read a movie and we feel like we're being preached. At a lot of times, Christian movies are bad doing this.
Speaker 5: They do this a lot.
Speaker 6: They're preachy because they feel like they have to have that clarity of explaining something you know in every detail or people won't understanding. And that gets preachy and that turns people off. But if you've ever noticed it when you're watching a movie and you've seen the hints but it hasn't been explicit, but you make the connections and you discover it for yourself. You feel like you have grown in your own ability because you've figured it out for yourself. Someone didn't tell you there's some there's a lot of value in that approach.
Speaker 2: Just like Narnia.
Speaker 1: You know, the lion, you know, sacrificed your sale and come back. He didn't come right out and say, you know, this is a you know, archetype of the Messiah. I know we've figured it out for ourselves and it meant a whole lot more to us, you know, for me personally.
Speaker 6: You know, it's interesting because and I do believe that that this is this is often a very effective means. It really is, because that's the power storytelling where if if you let the audience figure it out for themselves, it's going to impact them. So let me give you an example. My movie Twinned All Wars, which is a true story about Allied prisoners of war underneath the Japanese in World War Two and they're being beaten and brutalized and just unbelievable suffering at the hands of the Japanese. And the men in the camp are struggling and some of them want to fight back, someone want to escape, someone want to kill the guards.
Speaker 5: Right.
Speaker 6: But Christianity enters the camp and it affects them and changes them. So we we we were telling this to the story. They get a Bible and they want to give men hope. So they also had Shakespeare and Plato, so they decided to start a university and teach them. Right, Well, that's what we show. We show them teaching Plato and Shakespeare. But then we have a moment where they're reading from the Bible. And it's interesting because in the movie we cut out the part where it said Jesus said, because he's reading the Bible and they're studying it, like of doing a Bible study. Jesus said, love your neighbor, you know, et cetera, love of those who hate you, love your enemy. Right, we cut out the phrase Jesus said. We just cut to them and he just says, love your enemy and pray for those who persecute you. Right, And it was so much more powerful because people knew where it was coming from. But they weren't told, they knew it for themselves, and I think the impact was much heavier on people because of that, because we didn't say that name. Now, yeah, there would be some people who may may not know where that comes from.
Speaker 5: That's possible.
Speaker 6: But the purpose of art and story tells is not to preach a sermon and make everything super clear. Purchase of art is to you know, stir the soul and get people thinking about their.
Speaker 5: Need for truth and redemption.
Speaker 6: So so yeah, so this this idea of naming Jesus is not always the best thing at times, if it's the appropriate situation. Again, I'm all for the name of Jesus for sure. And then he says, now, when they heard of the resurrection the dead, some mocked, This.
Speaker 5: Is what I want to tell you.
Speaker 6: Like something you were mentioning earlier before was that you know, people accepted him because he came in on their territory and told you know, yeah.
Speaker 5: That's true.
Speaker 6: But ultimately, when you get to the truth, you're still going to have people who reject you. And some mocked, but others said, we will hear you again about this, and isn't that life. Some people mock you and hate you and reject you, no matter how gracious you are in telling seeking to connect with the truth. But then the more winsome you are, the more opportunities you let people say, you know what, I want to hear more about this, But doesn't mean they're gonna get saved at the moment. What it means is you're planting seeds, your watering plants, and and God's doing the growth and the work in them. And You've advanced it to that, you know, to that degree, and so you know, that's that's sort of the.
Speaker 5: You know, the the quick.
Speaker 6: Version of that passage that I've given actual whole lectures on it because it was so influential an influence on me in my own understanding of God through my imagination and how to how to get the Gospel to people, because I'm a storyteller and I want I have the Gospel of the Kingdom, and that's that's my answer. So I want to seek to communicate that Kingdom in a winsome way and in a way that is entertaining and fascinating to people and draws them in.
Speaker 5: So I use this this motif of.
Speaker 6: You know, trying to to tell stories within a vein that that that people can relate or connect to. This is where genres, for example, is something that is really helpful. In about a month, I'm going to be releasing my latest novel and it's a change of pace for me. It's called Cruel Logic, The Philosopher Killer, and it's a it's actually a serial killer story, a thriller about a serial.
Speaker 5: Killer at a woke university and.
Speaker 6: He, uh, it's quite an interesting the philosopher actually, and so he's killing people and he's philosophizing with him. But so I'm telling a story about a typical genre of a thriller with a serial killer, you know, and and the detective has to you know, hunt him down. But I'm dealing with these questions of morality, the existence of God and the existence of evil and all that. But I'm doing it through this. This serial killer who is is actually capturing university professors and he's videotaping them and he's debating them and the topic of the debate is his moral right to kill them. So he says, well, what you say say is true about the universe, and give me one valid reason why I shouldn't kill you, and I'll let you go, and none of them can because without God there, all their philosophies are humanistic and godless, and they have no foundation for their morality, and so they don't get away. So that's one creative way of using the serial killer genre, for example, to talk about true moral issues of life and reality, you know. And so that's how how we can enter into the storytelling of the world, so to speak.
Speaker 5: And that's what a lot of.
Speaker 6: Us Christian storytellers are doing, you know, whether it's fantasy or thrillers or movies or what have you, that's.
Speaker 5: What we're doing.
Speaker 3: I mean, I love that.
Speaker 4: I think that's a really I'm not into the serial killer type stuff. I've never liked those shows or those but that I actually that sounds extremely interesting. I actually think I might have to pick what up and reading that one because even though it's a little out of my.
Speaker 5: Fair enough. But you know, there's another example of that is a movie that's out right now. It's Nefarious. I highly recommend it.
Speaker 6: If you haven't seen it, try It's not at a lot of theaters, but it's a story about a psychiatrist who has to go to prison and examine a guy on death row to make sure he's not insane before they execute him.
Speaker 5: And the man claims to be demon possessed.
Speaker 6: And as we're watching the movie, of course that psychologist doesn't believe in that, right, but we're watching the movie and we can see he probably really is right.
Speaker 5: And it's it's kind of like screwtape letters. He's just talking.
Speaker 6: The whole movie is them talking. But it's so fascinating because it's like screwtape letters. The demon is revealing truths about reality that this guy doesn't even believe it's a demon, so he doesn't believe what he's being told. He doesn't even realize it, right, And it's just a very powerful way of showing the truth how people are blinded by their truth, by their own secular god world views.
Speaker 5: You know.
Speaker 6: I think that's another great example. But it's done as a traditional, you know, horror film. There's no gore or violence, violence really in it. It's very mild. It's like TV, but it's it's it's that interesting concept of what if you didn't believe in demons and your you're psychologists and you're talking to this guy, and what would he reveal?
Speaker 5: You know, that kind of thing. So I highly recommend that movie.
Speaker 4: I eventually will probably watch that. It's one of those things where it's just not my Ben shaking his head, it's not one of my it's not my normal genre. But I and for one, yeah, I guess understandable more so than more so than even the serial killer thing. Because, for example, if if a man comes at me, you know, I I can physically defend myself. But when you talk about the demon, you know that the world of demons, in the world of of you know, the spiritual realm, things that I can't see that I can't control, that you know are there, Like you know, without God, you're defenseless. So when you can you look at that, that's truly terrifying.
Speaker 6: So but yeah, oh absolutely, And that's why that's why I'm kind of fearful of some demon some demon movies. Some of them are just Hollywood goofy. They're not they're not. They really aren't frightening. A lot of the typical ones aren't. But when they are more realistic, like the Conjuring Demon Possession, it's like, you're right, it's it's scary for me to watch those movies because I know there is a reality behind it, right, this movie Nefarious isn't like that because it doesn't have you know, he's you know, he doesn't there's no special effects and stuff like that. But it's the idea is it's screwtape letters, you know, if you ever read that classic book. Yeah, it's you know, one demon revealing how he how he brings humans down into temptation. And it's really you're seeing through the back door of how they do it type of thing. And that's kind of what this is all about. But you're right not and and by the way, that's why we need many kinds of movies and many genres with the Christian worldview. You know that Jesus Revolution was another great movie that came out. I'm normally I normally don't care for most Christian movies, but Jesus Revolution was fantastic. It was a great not preachy, and it was just a look into this subculture of Jesus, the Jesus movement back in the seventies.
Speaker 5: That was really fascinating. But it was very honest and fair.
Speaker 6: And so yeah, and then we've got other you know, we've got you know, romances and stuff like Redeeming Love. That's another one that was sort of a retelling of the story of of what was it who's the one who married a prostitute?
Speaker 5: Gom or was it Josea the.
Speaker 6: Prophet who married the prostitute? Yeah, so retelling of that story in a modern day like Western context, you know, which is kind of interesting. So, yeah, we need many different ways of telling stories.
Speaker 5: Absolutely in some people. It's not for everyone.
Speaker 6: My own books, my wife doesn't watch my doesn't read my books, you know, because they're big epics and there's a lot of steps of violence in there and it's a.
Speaker 5: It's a little harsh for her. So and I get that. That's fine.
Speaker 4: Jumping back to the screw tape letters I had, you know, as as kids, we were given that. They made a comic book version of that, if you remember that, And yeah, I'm fairly certain it was done by Marvel. If I look back, I have to go look. But really, and then I have another comic book that was Stories of the Bible that was done by d C. Too, And I mean these are older. The Screwtape letter was one, it's not it has to probably be the eighties when it was done, but the the DC Yeah, exactly, Well that's what you think about that, and you were in that now, but that's what was hitting me earlier when you were talking about that, and you were talking about the how things are kind of being pushed on us slowly. We're polarized, and it's you look at those Marvel movies and you look at the superheroes, you look at the you know, people don't understand the concept of who Thor was or who you know, who low he was or or is for that matter, and you go through and there's and these are people that were we're being looked at, you know, favorably.
Speaker 5: Now, these are these are hero heroes.
Speaker 4: They're the ones, they are the you know, we go back to the idea of Prometheus.
Speaker 6: You know, they're not hero you guys, they're gods. They're they're the gods of this culture.
Speaker 5: Oh yes, the.
Speaker 6: Comic book and the Marvel movies are the gods of this culture. And because the Greeks, a lot of the Greeks didn't believe the gods either, they use them in the same way. They use them as their their comic book means of explaining their their beliefs about the universe. And they a lot of them didn't believe in those gods either, no more than the people do in comic books.
Speaker 5: But it doesn't matter.
Speaker 6: It's still their religion and it still is a systemic The Marvel universe is a religion.
Speaker 5: Whether people know it or not.
Speaker 4: Well there, but people are letting them. That's exactly it.
Speaker 3: People.
Speaker 4: It's affecting people and they don't even know it. And that's that's where a lot of those things came. And when you're talking about some of those more like you said, the Conjuring or Bend, the Insidious, and and you know some of these other demonic movies where I think that that's the same thing where you're kind of opening a door a little bit. You're opening the window at least and and potentially letting something in. And it's to me, it's scary that you're you know that we start, I guess, entertaining those ideas because it slowly does, whether or not we realize that all those things are affecting us.
Speaker 5: One way or another.
Speaker 3: You get watching it and then it's oh, it's not as bad. It's where you're getting desensitized to it.
Speaker 2: That's why I want to do that is future just talk about all that.
Speaker 1: You know in Hollywood and the movies and how they're planting that seed and the culture and the minds of our children.
Speaker 5: Sure, absolutely.
Speaker 6: Well, And you know well, I mean that's how the world has always operated, right, So Hollywood just seems to be a particularly powerful means of doing that.
Speaker 4: You know, well, Brian, why don't you go ahead and tell everybody where they can find your books, find anything that you've put out. Go ahead, give yourself a good plug here.
Speaker 6: Well, a couple of things is one, all my books are exclusively First of all, all my books are in paperback, ebook and audiobook, and they're all exclusively on Amazon. And so you can just go there and find my name and you see, you know, a whole bunch of you can find my author page. But if you're also interested in more things, Mygodawa dot com website. I sought to make a creative and interesting website that's worth your time. If you go, there are lots of articles related to all these issues, the enough leam and all kinds of stuff that my books are based on. I like to have the scholarship that people can look at. But also I've done something that I've been recently updating, and that is I'm i cast all my novels, all most all the major characters and villains. I cast them and where I have an artist, Cam Harless, who who uh is a great ai RS. He uses mid Journey and I've been working with him to recast all my novels and we're more than halfway through right now.
Speaker 5: And I put them on the website, so you.
Speaker 6: Know, you can go there and if you read my novels, you can see them and they're just amazing artwork, you know, they and they're.
Speaker 5: Photo realistics, so there, it's like it's like they're photos, right, It's like it's like a movies. It's like it's like we're casting a movie, you know.
Speaker 1: And what's that You shared those on Facebook? Didn't you?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 5: I did. I'm still in the middle of that right now.
Speaker 6: And for fans of the series, I'm gonna be putting out as a book. But yeah, So you can find a lot of cool stuff at the website as well, but you know, everything you need to look further and by is at Amazon.
Speaker 3: I'm digging the audio books. I hate to read. If somebody can read it for me, I'm good to go.
Speaker 5: I hear you.
Speaker 1: And I've seen pictures too online that you actually met up with our buddy Kenny c at the memorial service.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Kenny's our buddy.
Speaker 1: We met him at a conference and was Ohio.
Speaker 4: And uh, it was on the board, it was. It was in Louisville, Yeah, Jeffersonville, at David Hefner's church that he.
Speaker 5: Had over there.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we had just started our podcast. We'd only been out like a couple of months, and we went to that Spiritual Warfare conference and we had our DIG shirts on and we walked in and Kenny, he's just so cool.
Speaker 2: He just walked up to us.
Speaker 1: He's like, man, you guys listening to the Dig too, And he was like, yeah, we're the we're the guys that do the DIG. And it's like, oh, that's awesome.
Speaker 2: I love y'all stuff. And me he was like, somebody knows who we are.
Speaker 5: It was that's funny, that's hilarious.
Speaker 4: Well, thanks for having me guy, Thank you so much.
Speaker 2: Thank you.
Speaker 1: This was very enlightening. It was very non gnostic way, in.
Speaker 5: A non stoic way as.
Speaker 4: Well stoic and non stoic, a little bit of all. You have a good one, and thank you so much for coming on.
Speaker 5: But we'll be in touch.
Speaker 2: Thanks Ryan, really appreciate it.
Speaker 5: Thanks for having me. Guys, we steal the.
Speaker 7: Pial not true, not sorry, just to see through smoke getting heroes and call beat my name true. Will costume fans confide me somebody the same re well softer face swim files let us