Speaker 1: Yep, come on, come good morning. This is Ed McMahon and now ladies and gentlemen Hee Ry Ryan, Yes, sir, come on now.
Speaker 2: Oh we got a show for you today. Have we got to show for you today?
Speaker 1: Wakey, wakey, hands off, Snaky Rod Ryan show check it in Tattuesday, Fresh out of bed, Head to head Tournament of Champions Corey the Goat Hunter. Why is the carpet wet time? It's like a championship It has been a championship game before. This is like the Bills playing the Lions this Sunday. For me, it's like it feels like a final game and we're in the first round of the brackets. That's coming up in six twenty. Tony's Tickets on fun Fact Flashback Today six thirty five, one hundred dollars Collector's Firearm Gifts certificates all week. We'll hook you up at seven twenty. Chilie Brown joins us in studio The Chili Brown Game at eight twenty this morning from Papa Roach. Rise Against Tickets. We'll get you into the Ghost Show early in the nine o'clock hour. Gary Clark Junior Tickets on No The Show. Oh Yeah, Buzzfest we're announcing Friday at eight thirty. Did you hear that yesterday on the show My Goodness?
Speaker 2: People lost their.
Speaker 1: Mind yesterday, so did I partly Cloudi's guys today. Ten percent chance of rain hive sixty nine. One more nice day before it gets really cold around here. Good morning, Testa. What are Houston's headlines?
Speaker 3: Hey, Good morning Rod, Good morning a, homeroom. So, the big story is that the suspect in the United Healthcare CEO killing has been apprehended in Altoona, Pennsylvania. They arrested a suspect yesterday.
Speaker 4: Luigi Nicholas Mangioni is a twenty six.
Speaker 3: Year old graduate of the Universe Set, Pennsylvania. He's got both bachelor's and master's.
Speaker 4: Degrees and computer science.
Speaker 3: He had handwritten material with him that showed that he had bad feelings toward Corporate America. Late last night, Manhattan prosecutors filed several charges against Mangioni that included murder. If you haven't heard by now here in Harrison County, We're getting a new area code next month. Internet and phone provider Consolidated Communication.
Speaker 4: Says the new six to one area.
Speaker 3: Code will be used as starting January twenty third. It'll be available to customers in the Greater Houston Overlay region where the area codes seven to one three two eight one, eight three two and three four six are already in effect. Nobody's phone number will change because the six to two one code will be assigned to new service or additional lines.
Speaker 4: A poll found candy.
Speaker 3: Canes are more likely to be used as decorations than food. Sixty percent of us use them to decorate, fifty percent of us to eat them.
Speaker 4: We're two weeks.
Speaker 3: Away from Christmas. Have you bought any candy canes?
Speaker 2: Yet?
Speaker 4: Better question? Will they be eaten?
Speaker 1: Rod? My kid eats them. She likes them, She likes peppermint.
Speaker 3: They were always you know, those weapons. We would get them all sharp when I was younger. We'd have them in class.
Speaker 1: Who were shanking your friends?
Speaker 4: Yeah, that quite front.
Speaker 1: Santa still gives them away when you when you sit on Santa's lap, boom comes out of the pocket. So that's still a big deal. They're more decorative to me than eating. I don't was the last time anybody ate a candy cane in this room? A candy cane?
Speaker 4: I won one per season?
Speaker 1: Did you start like right to the hook all the way down to the hook in the whole thing.
Speaker 3: You know what, I've probably never finished a candy cane in my whole life.
Speaker 1: I probably never had another.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, get what you need and disregard.
Speaker 3: Taylor Swift's Eras tour finally came to an end over the weekend.
Speaker 4: It was Sunday night in Vancouver.
Speaker 3: It made a record to billion dollars in ticket sales. Taylor also gave out one hundred ninety seven million dollars in bonuses to everyone who worked on the tour. That's from bus drivers to physical therapists. Uh yeah, there are carpenters on this tour, security choreographers, hairstylistic goes.
Speaker 4: On and on, been a video team.
Speaker 3: So they worked hard, but they were rewarded pretty generously. He System of a Down announced three major stadium shows for next summer with some high powered co headliners. The first show goes down at MetLife Stadium outside New York City with Corn sharing the bill. Then they're gonna play Soldier Field in Chicago with Avenge Sevenfold, and then on September third, they're gonna team up with the Deaftnes for a show at Rogers Stadium. In Toronto, so very cool. Pre sale begins tomorrow. The rest of us have to wait until Friday.
Speaker 4: Those are Houston.
Speaker 1: Headlines taking Alex.
Speaker 2: How about them Cowboys? How about them Cowboys?
Speaker 1: Just have switched over just to time.
Speaker 4: I watched the first half and then I went to bed.
Speaker 1: Oh no, no, no, you needed to stay right till the very end.
Speaker 5: No thing Bengles got by the Cowboys twenty seven to twenty. The Cowboys blocked a Bengals punt with less than two minutes left to go, would have set them up nicely for a game winning field goal.
Speaker 1: They could have just bled out the clock.
Speaker 6: But then what happened.
Speaker 5: The Cowboys touched the ball after it was blocked. Then the Bengals recovered it. Two plays later. Jamar Chase scored a forty yard touchdown from Joe Burrow and the Bengals win the game twenty seven to twenty.
Speaker 4: Sucks to suck tailor is all this time?
Speaker 2: They're like the Giants, almost as.
Speaker 5: Bad, but they don't got a good They don't have a good jos Is good draft pick though. In basketball, Rockets are going back in action tomorrow night. They're gonna host the Warriors in the quarterfinals of the NBA Cup.
Speaker 2: That is what's going on in.
Speaker 1: Sports, all right. Here we go four hours of pain. Who wants the first phone call? Who's up?
Speaker 2: Who's ready to rock?
Speaker 1: Because rock is what we will do today. Hers phone call seven one three two, win two five nine four five rattle. That'll chilly up a little bit. Make sure he's up, all right. The most interactive show on the radio starts right now four five the Buzz, Good Morning, Rod Ryan's show, Rise Against and the Violence. Now they're gonna be out on the road next year with Poppa Roach and Rise of the Roach. Pretty clever name for the tour. March twenty. This is one they stop here in Houston. They'll be playing the Toyota Center. We will have tickets for you today at eight twenty. Oh, you're gonna have to win the Chili Brown game. Chili Brown will join us at eight twenty and then we'll get rolling on all of that. But boy, this fresh out of bed head to a head Tournament of Champions game today, Corey. He was the first email this morning that Psycho emailed me at four o'clock.
Speaker 2: He was up.
Speaker 1: He's like, I'm up, I'm ready to go. I'm sitting here, I'm getting ready for the show, and he's emailing me like that early. Why is the carpet wet Todd? Did I see him? Is he going full blackout today?
Speaker 2: Did I see blackout?
Speaker 1: Did I see him on Twitter? What does that mean? He's going full blackout? Like it said, he's got a uniform on this morning.
Speaker 5: Teams like blackout games, they were all black like, they're way better records.
Speaker 1: That's him on Twitter.
Speaker 2: Make him feel strong. I like the move.
Speaker 1: All right, these guys have played each other before. There's all kinds of rich history here. I'll let them tell the story. But to have these two guys, I'm just gonna say, Tessa, check over those questions. These guys they can use it. They could use that whole sheet.
Speaker 2: This morning, I realize that they are.
Speaker 1: Like, they're both just two of the best players that have ever played the game before the fact that they had their names drawn in the first round of the brackets is silly to think that we're going to be in the grade eight and one of these guys won't be a part of it. Wow, that's how That's what Alex did to them.
Speaker 2: That's what Alex did to them.
Speaker 1: They did that double dumb Sean things Jony's tickets in home room on the fun Fact Flashback. All week long, we're giving away Collectors Firearms gift cards. How cool is that? Man? That is sweet Collector's Firearms the best DM gun store in the world. One dollars gift card? You want that before Christmas? Yeah, we'll hook you up at seven twenty. Did you guys hear me yesterday when like Radio Wizard, I don't know how long he was sitting on it. He sent me an email yesterday at nine to thirty, so ninety eight I read the email on the air and he says, hey, on Friday, you're going to be announcing Buzzfest twenty five, a spring buzzfest.
Speaker 2: That is like dropping a bombshell.
Speaker 4: And then just like walking.
Speaker 2: Away, it's like it's like here to hold this.
Speaker 4: Grenade, BRB.
Speaker 1: And then he then he comes in because he's not in the office every day now he's you know, he's got all kinds of duties. He gets to do some stuff from home. He's working other cities. Radio Wizard's very into mind. Yeah, he's very in demand. Right now. He pokes open the door, he puts his head in here, and he's like, so, anything going on? I'm sorry, So what anything going on? Yeah? Like he's got this grin on his face, like I know something that you don't. He's he's sitting on this buzzfest information. He won't come off of any of it. So he said he's going to share that with me Friday morning at eight twenty nine. I announced at eight thirty. Nice, he's gonna sit on that. No, he doesn't trust me at all. He doesn't trust me with any of the information. So that's the a boss I have. I don't know what kind of boss you have, but now you guys know exactly what I'm dealing with.
Speaker 7: It's now time for the first phone call in the day.
Speaker 1: Oh, just another one of our joshes up this morning. Hi Josh, Hey brother, I'm doing great, man, doing awesome. What's going on in your world today? Josh? Where are you calling from? I'm calling from Anglican. I'm kind of heading into work. What do you do. I'm a paramedic. Appreciate the job you do.
Speaker 2: I'm a big fan.
Speaker 1: I was talking to a guy the other day when I was up at the Yetti store in the Woodlands. He kind of worked that area. He was a paramedic, And I said, and I said, I tell the same story every time. I said, I got hooked on that night watch show, which was those paramedics, the Overnight show in New Orleans, and the amount of lives that were saved in those trucks on the way to the hospital. I'm telling you, I just I couldn't believe. I couldn't believe that there was this world going on that I had no idea. So appreciate your job, Josh. What are you gonna get started with this morning? Just to wish everybody happy holiday, Merry Christmas. Just to take the time out.
Speaker 8: Of your day to be thankful for what.
Speaker 1: You have, especially around this time of the year. My job is a little tough, as you mentioned, with losing loved ones, and maybe this is going to be first Christmases without a loved one. Just take time to wake up, be blessed for what you have, and be helpful. I don't know how you guys compartmentalize. There's got to be some things that you see at work. How do you shut it off?
Speaker 9: Josh, I've been doing it for about fifteen years.
Speaker 5: You kind of.
Speaker 10: Learned to leave work at work and walk through your front door at home.
Speaker 1: And you differentiate. You got to keep your mind busy. I got kids and so we do softball and we stay busy. So yeah, Chili's the only other guy that I knows that can just shut this off like this job. He completely just shuts it down like the crazy things that we see all morning long. Chili goes home, he just shuts it off. He can compartmentalize it. He just sleeps like a baby. He goes home, takes naps like watches time. He watches Blue Bloods and yeah, yeast up anyway, So I don't sleep so well. You guys are you guys are all awesome? Josh, thank you man. I appreciate the kind words. And uh, just somebody calling in to say happy holidays everybody, and you know he's thinking of you, and you know some people are going through some tough times. On the flip, got a w rec check for you. We'll find out what's trending and then we'll get set up for the fresh out of mad Head to Hades Rock and Al Tearn Very the Rod.
Speaker 7: Ryan Morning Show. I'm six to ten am.
Speaker 1: Ninety four or five of the Buzz Welcome back Rod Ryan show tad Tuesday party Claude Sky's ten percent chance of rain high of sixty nine. Were you god?
Speaker 2: Als nice? Thank you?
Speaker 1: Mike here you Hey, what's trending?
Speaker 4: Jay Z is nervous about that lawsuit. He wasn't showing it.
Speaker 3: He had a public appearance last night at the Moufass of the Lion King. It was the Adobe Theaters premier for Mufasa in La last night. Both Beyonce and Blue Ivy are starring in the film, so he was there with them. And yeah, he first public appearance since we talked about that big lawsuit yesterday. So that's kind of trending. Also, here in Houston, there's been a shake up with the Houston Dash. They now have a new president for the soccer club and I believe a new GM.
Speaker 4: So something's happening as far.
Speaker 3: As women's soccer, women's professional soccer here in the city of Houston. Her name is angel hussellis Mengano and she's the new president of the Dash.
Speaker 4: So that's a local story.
Speaker 3: Also, Selena Gomez could really be Golden at the twenty twenty five Golden Gloves.
Speaker 11: So she she.
Speaker 12: Has this film that I didn't know about Amelia Vettez and that film has ten nominations, and then Selena is also nominated for Only Murders in the Building, which.
Speaker 4: Is a comedy series.
Speaker 1: Can I I had something there?
Speaker 4: Please?
Speaker 1: So for as much talk as I've done with Selena Gomez on this show and singing that silly song, I don't think I ever heard her talk and I want now I'm watching this Only Murders in the Building. She maybe has the most annoying voice I've ever heard. It is so unbelievably nasal. It's crazy to me. Every time she's sure, is it something that is known and talked about or is it just like grating on me?
Speaker 7: I think?
Speaker 4: I think, I think has.
Speaker 1: Everybody known that?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Did you know that?
Speaker 4: I never had an issue with her her talking voice.
Speaker 1: Her speaking voice is incredibly nasal, and I know she kind of plays like the young hip kid to the foe to the old men on the show, So maybe she's like laying it on a little thicker. It's crazy. Every time she talks talks it's muppet like.
Speaker 4: I don't know, that's a controllable thing, the nasal passage.
Speaker 1: It's just wow. She's so popular, so wildly famous, and.
Speaker 4: I think it only grates on you. It really does involve you know, you know I'll call.
Speaker 2: Out a voice for the same reason.
Speaker 1: What the hell is that for the same reason they call out Patrick Mahomes same thing.
Speaker 4: Kermit? Oh you think it's kermity.
Speaker 1: It's yes, it's muppet like.
Speaker 4: Can we go give it another listen? It's if I can't hear it, I mean, that's gonna.
Speaker 1: Be on you.
Speaker 4: But that's it's trending on Needy four five the buzz.
Speaker 1: What else do I need to say about this game? And then I can't believe how the grating Selena Gomez's voice talking places. I can't believe it.
Speaker 11: Why is the carpet all wet Todd?
Speaker 2: Good morning everybody? This is why is the carpt wet Tod?
Speaker 9: Sometimes you got to play this game like a riverboat gambler, and that's what's served me well to make a win number five. So I'm going back in the Hall of Fame baby for the sixth time.
Speaker 1: Wow, just one more thing.
Speaker 9: I want to give a shout out to my oldest boy who is eleven years old today, and somebody else wants to say happy.
Speaker 2: Birthday as well.
Speaker 9: Join me at the end of the year, as I take it all, bitches.
Speaker 1: Great speech man, one of the great speeches this year for sure. Six times in the Hall of Fame.
Speaker 2: That's a lot.
Speaker 1: But then he got this guy.
Speaker 8: Good morning, everybody, this is Cory the shot Hunter.
Speaker 2: For the time, I am back in the.
Speaker 6: Truck, out of bed, pat the head, turn him in a.
Speaker 11: Champion, and let's not forget I'm going that sucker twice now.
Speaker 6: I can't wait, and she'll be end of the year.
Speaker 13: Till then I'll be sleeping on my new masters, dreaming.
Speaker 11: Of making it three time champion and dreaming of you bitches.
Speaker 1: I mean, I think he got a little jealous about him.
Speaker 2: The copy because.
Speaker 1: Corey's the goat Hunter is another guy that's like he's calling. He's called her from the stand. Not only does he hunt the goat like the greatest player of all time, but he actually is a hunter and he's called from the stand before, but he's never taken.
Speaker 2: The shot live on the air with us.
Speaker 1: I mean that he's like Adam's got that. No me, this matchup is stupid. How could you go anyone? Christmas?
Speaker 14: You are listening to The Rod Ryan Show On ninety four five, the Buzz.
Speaker 1: Ninety four The Bus. I don't have time for that nonsense. What are you doing to me? Good morning, rod Ryan Show ninety four to five, The bus partly Claudy's guy's ten percent chance of rain high sixty nine. I guess the cold front's coming through tomorrow, like cold like maybe like for real, maybe like maybe wrapping pipes like not a pipe breaker, but plants, plants and pets, okay, or old people, get him inside, okay, get them all inside tomorrow. But it's not a plant one or it's not a pipe breaker situation.
Speaker 2: What am I doing?
Speaker 1: Let's play it.
Speaker 14: Each time for the fresh out of bed head to head challenge. Listeners to your corners, Oh my goodness.
Speaker 4: Why is the carpetal with Todd?
Speaker 2: Todd?
Speaker 1: Good morning Todd? Maybe Todd?
Speaker 2: There he is?
Speaker 1: Hi Todd, Hello, good morning Todd. I saw you on Twitter wearing You're all black? You're blacked out today?
Speaker 2: Yes, sir, all right bro?
Speaker 1: Six times in the Hall of Fame. H you won it all, Tessa. You said the year that you got here, you want it all that year. Maybe you got some history, you got some history with Corey. You played him before a couple of times that year you beat him that year to become the year long champion. Yes, wow, Corey, you remember that game? God morning.
Speaker 2: Not only do I remember that game, I remember the question Todd got.
Speaker 1: Me on can he can you share it with us?
Speaker 2: I'd like to know?
Speaker 1: He it was what the most fast food restaurants?
Speaker 9: And he chimed in, and I'm sitting here going I got the championship And that's sort of a gun, said driver, and he was right.
Speaker 2: So he just stand.
Speaker 1: You don't remember that times? Yeah, when that question kicks you in the dick, you remember it. Yeah, Okay, all right, listen, There's no way I can set this up any better than it's already been set up. When I saw this come down when you got I was here live and when Alex pulled your two names and I saw you guys playing against one another, I just said, this is the game to listen to. This is the game in the first round of the brackets, to listen to. The fact that one of you is leaving in the first round.
Speaker 2: Is crazy to me.
Speaker 1: Thanks Alex and Julie, you did all of this. Okay, here we go, Todd. You ready, I'm ready, Corey Ready, ready?
Speaker 2: Good luck job. You can't say that.
Speaker 1: He went to the school of Alex. Here we go, Todd Corey. Question number one, what should you make if life gives you lemons? Corey, Corey lemonade? Correct answer, goat hunter on the board. I'm shaking. I'm not even playing, Todd Corey. Question number two, what do you call the matching set of clothes?
Speaker 4: Corey?
Speaker 1: Corey need an answer in three two uniform? Yes, not specific enough for the question as I read the entire thing. For Todd, what do you call the matching set of clothes that nurses, doctors, and other medical professionals wear scrubs? Correct answer? O, my god, Somewhere Adam the copp has his complights on speeding for the win. Todd and Corey. What television show featured Bayside High School?
Speaker 2: Cory?
Speaker 4: No, sure, another rep in the building.
Speaker 1: I'm sorry, I didn't know.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 1: Todd was the one that hit the buzzer around here.
Speaker 4: Like went to Bayside?
Speaker 2: Uh?
Speaker 1: Todd, what television show featured Bayside High School? And Zach Morris, Well, you can call that him the cop on this one.
Speaker 10: It's uh uh uh say doesn't know?
Speaker 15: Bro oh boy almost got burned cat got your tongue, Toddy almost yea burned before our ears.
Speaker 4: Todd uni to focus.
Speaker 1: It is three seconds. It is three seconds. He's talking trash and all this stuff, but he got.
Speaker 2: It out the time.
Speaker 1: Why is the carpet wet? Todd advances to the Great Eight. We say goodbye to one of the greatest players of all time, Corey the Goat conturd.
Speaker 10: Win it all again, joined us the few timers.
Speaker 1: Now now, okay, I'll ask you in private, Corey, do you want another two timer? Or do you like you and Goat just being in that in those in that rarefied air.
Speaker 2: I mean, do you love being one of the great?
Speaker 1: But you got to hear the love?
Speaker 2: Okay?
Speaker 6: I think if God wins it all, I won't be upset.
Speaker 2: Okay, I don't believe it.
Speaker 1: I don't. It was a good an. I think you that's the right thing to say right here. But you love you and the Goat being the only two time Hall.
Speaker 2: Of famers, I think I believe.
Speaker 1: I think I would like that. Nobody wants their record broke. Nope, everybody has to play nice. He said the right thing on the air. I don't believe him for a second, Todd, we can go to the grade eight dude, congratulations tomorrow Josh, the Goat and Brian and then why is the carpet wet? Todd has to play the winner of tomorrow. If Goat wins, he's got to go through the Goat, Hunter and the Goat to get into the final four.
Speaker 4: Hey, you better yourself.
Speaker 3: You almost talk himself out of him your last answer, you.
Speaker 1: Were flapping instead of giving me the right answer. You were flapping.
Speaker 2: I'll fix that.
Speaker 1: I'm exhausted. I am exhausted. I can't imagine another radio show, given their full four hours that's going to do more than we've done in our thirty six minutes today. Great game, gentlemen, Thank you for the entertainment. I love it ninety four or five, but the buzz is Good morning, rob Ryan Show, Tessa, tell everybody what we're doing on Friday at eight thirty. I gotta finish editing this real quick.
Speaker 3: So Friday at eight thirty, we have decided to announce who is going to perform at Buzzfest. Yes, we are getting a Buzzfest twenty twenty five.
Speaker 4: It's a spring show. It shall be lovely.
Speaker 1: I know.
Speaker 4: When we announced the twentieth anniversary party. People are like thinking that it was buzzfest, you know what I mean. Like they were like, well.
Speaker 3: Then they're like, oh man, no bush Mession, Like, but yo, we got a twenty Yeah, now you get both bus eight thirty.
Speaker 1: We'll have the rates, dates, the where, the when, the who's playing, all of that great stuff. All right, the speech is ready to go. I'm sorry that was a short song, that Papa Roach song, but we got the speech. We're ready the fresh out of bed head to Head Challenge. Here's your current champion.
Speaker 10: Hey, it's why is the cargo wet tod advancing to the Grade eight? When the Fresh out of bed Head to Head Tournament of Champion twenty twenty four. I just mowed down the boat hunter and I might just have to go down the boat next.
Speaker 1: And that's Brian pulling up said on Wednesday show, she hung me on Tuesday.
Speaker 10: Whoever wins, I will beat them to get into their final store.
Speaker 2: What a game? What a day?
Speaker 1: Truly, Christina listening to the show, and it's something that I bring up all the time. She's like, I was beating on my steering wheel, ready to crash my car if he didn't get that answer after talking all that trash nail bitter for sure, Todd was talking trash in his three seconds. And then you could hear, you could hear the brain fart happening.
Speaker 2: And I thought he wasn't going to get the answer out what the grants always do? He did? He got two.
Speaker 1: Oh, we got the answer.
Speaker 2: Yeah, my goodness.
Speaker 1: The drama, the drama, drama, the goat and Brian, Brian shock the world tomorrow. Come on, it's the fuck that's of the day. We make you look smart here, buddies, it's the fuck that's the day. All right, here's some fun facts for you today. McDonald's feeds seventy million people every day. It's just about one percent of the world's population.
Speaker 16: Right.
Speaker 2: That's insane to me.
Speaker 1: Seventy million people every day eating McDonald's wild, Wild Wild. Michael Phelps tops out at about six miles per hour in the in the swimming pool. Okay, that makes him slower than every manatee. Who Those sea cows can hit twenty miles per hour in the water.
Speaker 4: Moving moving, there's tho Oh my god.
Speaker 1: They can top out it twenty miles per hour if they want to. Most don't want to.
Speaker 4: They're just chilling.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 1: Do you ever see a manatee, like a real one, like in the wild, not like behind a tank. No. I saw one in Destin, Florida, really, and everybody thought it was a shark. Everybody lost their mind. It's the first time that I ever saw something a big blob moving in the water. Yeah, Scar, it was a manatee. It didn't come anywhere near me, but I could see the blob. Oh my god, Jaws nineteen seventy.
Speaker 2: Five or whatever. Oh my god.
Speaker 1: Finally, and it wasn't moving at twenty miles per hourly. That sea cow was just moping around. The word candidate comes from the Latin word candidatus, which means clothed in white. That's neat, think about it. Ancient Rome men running for political offices were those white togas all the time. Yeah, the candidatus, Scott funk that to the day we make you look smart in front of your buddy. It's the funk back to the day. I'm wearing my tidy candidatuses this morning. Ah, my white panties, and I'm not running for nothing any giving away.
Speaker 4: I've got a pair.
Speaker 3: You can see the Toady's at the House of Blues, December twenty nine.
Speaker 1: All right, flashing back to yesterday's got Rema nailed it so good? What does it describe? Describes a feeling you get when you hear something seven one three two one two five nine four five. It's now time for rock out with your stock out with Captain Cash. This guy likes this anymore? Hell, are we ever gonna see you?
Speaker 2: Are we gonna see you before the end of the year. You'll see me before the end of the year. Last show?
Speaker 1: Are you gonna come in for the last show? At least on the twentieth?
Speaker 8: I will be there. I will be there on Monday.
Speaker 1: Okay, we miss you, I miss you. I miss you. How do you do on Wall Street? Yesterday?
Speaker 8: Gave a little back yesterday. The Dow is down two hundred and forty points. Kickoff this morning at forty four thousand, four hundred and one dazdag down one hundred and twenty three to nineteen thousand, seven hundred and thirty six bench Martinder treasurers trading at a four point two three percent in oil stands at sixty eight dollars seventeen cents a barrel. To the most actives, the big studs, United Health, Boeing and Amgen, the big duds Travelers, Salesforce.
Speaker 2: And IBM. On the economic calendar.
Speaker 8: This morning, we'll get numbers on US productivity for the third quarter and right now futures where they are in the downside. Come on, let's turn this baby around. That's it, I'm out here. This is high a ministrector with the Ramy Chase report for the Ride Ride show from Raymond James on Sandykin of Gusta. Don't forget to always for a rack out with your stock at.
Speaker 16: Famian's expressed are those of hell Land and not necessarily those of Raymond James Associates Income Ever, NYC AS, IBC, IART Radio or sponsors. Information is mased on sources believed to be reliable, but it's not guaranteed. There is no insurance transmission.
Speaker 7: We'll continue.
Speaker 16: This is not a solicitation, offer or recommendation to buy or sell any security referred to your end. This programs are educational and informational services onstes are based on the movement as reported by Young Finance.
Speaker 1: DY four or five, The Buzz Welcome Back Rod Ryan Show, Chili says Jason's on the phone. Jason, Hey, what's the rod up? Dude? The word goma describes the feeling you get when you hear this good down the finger nails on the chop four. Yeah, yeah, Jason, you just won the fun Fact flashback. What are you giving them?
Speaker 4: Oh dude, you get the Tony tickets at the House of Loos.
Speaker 1: Congratulations, God, all right, my brother, thanks for being a part of homeroom. Jason, Merry Christmas to you. Hang on, Chili Claws, will hook you up with those partly cloudy ten percent chance of rain high sixty nine Today, Tessa has Houston's Headlines.
Speaker 3: Suspect in the United Healthcare CEO killing is now facing multiple charges across both New York and Pennsylvania, including murder. Luigi Maggioni was apprehended in Altona, Pennsylvania, last night at a McDonald's for a shooting death for the shooting death of Brian Thompson on December fourth on a New York City sidewalk.
Speaker 4: So this is a big story.
Speaker 3: There's a lot of details being revealed about Luigi Mangioni. He is a twenty six year old graduate. He went to the really smart guy. I think he graduated Valcuatoria in high school, but he went to the University of Pennsylvania. He graduated with both a bachelor's and a master's degree in computer science. As I mentioned, he was arrested after a customer at McDonald and Altuoner recognized him and told an employee of the restaurant to call the police. In a press conference last night the NYC Department of Chief of Detectives, he said that Maanngioni had had bad feelings towards Corporate America and it was late last night when the prosecutors filed those charges against him.
Speaker 4: All right, let's.
Speaker 3: Talk about TikTok, because TikTok. He's hoping a temporary pause will allow the US Supreme Court time to review a law that would ban the social media platform. Bite Dance filed an emergency motion to stop the law that would ban TikTok effective next month if it's not sold to a new owner. The law is set up to go into effect January nineteenth, that's one day before President elect Trump will be sworn into office, and Alo Trump has indicated he might try to reverse the ban when he makes it his return to the White House. Obviously this is just as a safety precaution. Okay, those are kind of the bigger stories floating around. Let's talk about stuff we like, like wearing camo. Okay, did you know that wearing camouflage in certain countries is illegal?
Speaker 1: Was this not a fun fact maybe or something on this show?
Speaker 2: Probably I don't think it was true.
Speaker 4: It's because it's just so common here.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean, I feel like everyone listening right now has some sort of camo like clothing in their closet.
Speaker 1: If there's some weird island that none of us know about, skip it. What are like well known places? Or you can't wear camo.
Speaker 3: The Caribbean, like if you're going to like the Bahamas, Barbados, Dominica, Granada.
Speaker 4: I don't want you to camel Chigua. Nope, they do not.
Speaker 3: It is not only is it illegal, it can land you in jail. So the main reasons camo has banned some countries is because it's associated with terrorist organizations. It's associated with being like a rebel. We forget, you know, we fight so much here in America in fighting, but we don't have you know, gorillas in the national forest. We don't have like actual rebels trying to over right. Good point, good point, great point. Another great point made by you.
Speaker 1: We have a link up so you can see like all the countries where it is illegal, Yeah, to wear camouflage.
Speaker 3: Like Zimbabwe, Saint Lucia, South Africa traded out in Tobago.
Speaker 1: You don't want you to wear like, uh, camouflage, backpacks nothing camouflage.
Speaker 3: Yeah, So if you have a hunter in your life, make sure they just packed the beach prints.
Speaker 4: Okay, that's always.
Speaker 1: Safe everybody that plays fresh out of bed.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Basically, let's talk about Chris Rock because there are reports in him storming off of a stage in the middle of a gig over the weekend, and it may have.
Speaker 4: Been because someone was recording him.
Speaker 3: He was doing a set at a Christmas party thrown by a billionaire, some billionaire named Anthony Pratt.
Speaker 4: So Chris is telling his joke.
Speaker 3: Then he apparently saw something that upset him and he just stormed out the.
Speaker 4: Stage never came back.
Speaker 3: A witness says it on his way out, he was shouting about how it wasn't supposed to be taped. Video reported. That's really the cardinal sin, right, Like when you're talking about a comedian doing their thing on stage, especially in today's world, like they don't want their jokes being stolen, especially when you're someone like Chris Rock.
Speaker 7: Right.
Speaker 3: Anyway, after he left, Keith Eurvin took the stage and perform for an hour and a half.
Speaker 4: So there is you know what happened at the billionaire party?
Speaker 2: Billionaires?
Speaker 9: I know?
Speaker 1: Really the only interesting part of that story is what we don't know. I want to know what.
Speaker 2: He was paid for that gig. That's you know, that's a good question.
Speaker 1: What does it cost to get Chris Rock off his couch and perform at your billionaire part? Is it? Is it two hundred and fifty thousand dollars?
Speaker 2: Alex?
Speaker 1: Is it? Is it three four hundred thousand dollars?
Speaker 2: I don't.
Speaker 1: It's there's no band, there's no nothing, there's no setup. It's you and a microphone?
Speaker 2: Is it?
Speaker 1: Is it one hundred? And it's got to be one hundred and fifty thousand dollars at least at the just to be for a discussion top up? Right?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I was going to say half a million maybe for a band and a whole setup. How what do you think Keith Thurman got Yes, three hundred thousand, four hundred thousand.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 1: I don't know, I really don't. I don't know. But Chris Rock is the smartest guy out there.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 1: It's him a microphone and a bottle of water, you know what I mean. Tool And he may have said, listen, don't even call me again if it's not starting at four hundred thousand. I don't know, all right.
Speaker 2: What are the US doing?
Speaker 3: Well, it's their twenty fifth anniversary and they're wanting to celebrate on the road, So.
Speaker 4: It's a twenty fifth anniversary tour.
Speaker 3: There to do three shows on three consecutive nights in each city.
Speaker 4: On the tour.
Speaker 3: So yeah, I don't see Houston on this, but they're their pre sale tickets start tomorrow, so if you'd like to travel you love the US. Got a full list of dates on the music blog page. I think the bigger story is that we're announcing bothfest on Friday at eight thirty personally, but those are just since.
Speaker 2: I'd like, but you got Alex.
Speaker 5: On Monday Night Football, the Bengals got by the Cowboys twenty seven to twenty. The Cowboys blocked the Bengals punt with less than two minutes to go in the game would have set them up for a game winning field goal, but the Bengals recovered the punt and then Joe Burrow hit Jamar Chase for a four year touchdown to win it. In basketball, rockets to be back in action tomorrow night. They're gonna host the Warriors in the quarterfinals of the NBA Cup.
Speaker 1: That is why is the carpet wet. Todd almost cowboy died up today.
Speaker 2: He did not. He did not.
Speaker 1: I think he came close to cowboying it up this morning, for sure.
Speaker 13: Houston's Rock and Alternatives.
Speaker 7: Show from six AM ninety four or.
Speaker 1: Five ninety four or five The Buzz. Good Morning, Rod Ryan Show.
Speaker 7: A I s.
Speaker 1: Welcome to the seven o'clock hour. I've got one collector's firearms gift certificate for one of you. One very very lucky person's going to get that. We're doing that all week. Chili Brown game next hour for Papa Roach, Rise against tickets partly cloudy skuys today ten percent chance of rain hive around sixty nine.
Speaker 2: Nice.
Speaker 1: Thank you. I've been waiting for you all morning. I've been waiting all morning for you. Are said it's been off, am I not turning your mic on.
Speaker 4: Why don't you want to hear his voice? Does he sound like sleeping?
Speaker 1: For real? Did I not turn your mica home earlier?
Speaker 4: You're just silencing me.
Speaker 2: Two times.
Speaker 1: I didn't.
Speaker 2: Just like the lame stream media try silence the truth.
Speaker 1: So I think everyone knows I run board, run the show, my choice, running the board meaning it. You know, like right now, if I don't want this music, I just turn that off.
Speaker 2: Wow, what a luxury I.
Speaker 1: Don't want Tessa, I just turned her mic off. See she can't hear. You can't hear?
Speaker 2: Are you tony that I didn't have your mic on twice? Yeah?
Speaker 1: It wasn't on purpose.
Speaker 2: I didn't say it was.
Speaker 5: I'm just saying I did say it every time you said the temperature.
Speaker 1: Now, you have a little thing called a cough button on your side, but you could potted down.
Speaker 2: Even if I hit on, it won't do anything.
Speaker 1: Okay, Yeah you can't.
Speaker 3: So this is you sabotage the cough buttons on the other side of the world to me.
Speaker 5: Yeah, okay, it's like an escape room.
Speaker 4: I can't reach it.
Speaker 3: I've sneezed directly into this mic before reaching for that cough button.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we know, we've heard, we've heard, okaysign cough button is something that each one has should be right next to them, meaning like me, the board's right here, so I here, I am getting.
Speaker 2: Softer and softer, and so I'm slowly bringing myself.
Speaker 1: Down and now here I am, I'm bringing my volume up. I can do all of that. I pull my I pull my microphone down, the control on it all the time to cough or clear my throat and.
Speaker 2: Do all of that.
Speaker 1: These guys have a cough button where it will temporarily shut off their microphone for for as long as they hold that button in. Yeah, but it's covered in papers.
Speaker 2: It's like the guy.
Speaker 1: That designed or gal whoever designed this studio has never ever been on the air before.
Speaker 2: We're in a radio studio, maybe.
Speaker 1: Have never even hurt a radio before.
Speaker 2: What radio is?
Speaker 4: You know what a button was?
Speaker 1: Whoever designed that? They put the cough button so far from these guys that think about it. When you're cough, it's like it's one of those things that hits you immediately and you just want to have that button right there, and it is so far from where you guys sit.
Speaker 4: It was so nice in the other studio.
Speaker 3: It was right by your right hand, where it freaking should be like right, literally, yes, in the palm of your hand.
Speaker 1: Radio problems A right. Everybody, You guys are all dealing with this right everybody's calls.
Speaker 2: Just stretch my arm.
Speaker 4: I had to stretch my arm to touch this button.
Speaker 1: Now. I think half of the audience is like, what, why are you talking about this?
Speaker 2: Who cares?
Speaker 1: There's another half of the audience that says, wow, that's pretty interesting, so cool, pretty interesting that you're dealing with that. It's interesting.
Speaker 2: Just start thinking.
Speaker 3: It's interesting and you're asking who cares me? I do, my mom, probably my family.
Speaker 1: Guys. We are announcing Buzzfest on Friday show at eight thirty yesterday. At the end of the show, I just flippantly threw it out there. Everybody lost their minds. I saw social media. I saw all the posts. I saw everything. People excited about it. Okay, it's Buzzfest. People grew up with it. I feel like I grew up with it now. I've been here so long. It's one of our favorite things. It's a chance for us to hang out with you guys and connect with you. I cannot wait for the announcement. We're going to have it on this show eight thirty on Friday morning. I cannot wait. Let me take a short break. When we come back, we'll talk more behind the scenes here at this radio station. We'll give you, you know, a little behind the scenes tour of everything. But no, we'll give away a one hundred dollars collector's firearms gift certificate. We'll do a rec check, we'll find out what's trending. That's all on the way Rock and Alternative use to the Rod Ryan Morning.
Speaker 7: Show six Am, The Buzz twenty.
Speaker 1: Four or five The Buzz. Welcome back rod Ryan Show, real quick.
Speaker 2: I know you're getting ready to do trending.
Speaker 7: Huh.
Speaker 1: There's an old bit on this radio show, and I mean an old bit.
Speaker 2: Nope, right here.
Speaker 1: Kids, a jelly Jelly report. I got a Jelly report.
Speaker 4: You got a Jelly report today.
Speaker 1: I mean as clunky as that intro was, you can tell I haven't done it in a while. Jelly spotted Adam the cop is back fresh off of break. You guys know he was out hunting all weekend right for an extend a weekend. Yeah, Radar is on Sam Houston Toll Road. Ha not gonna say exactly where. Good luck peeps from Adam the cop.
Speaker 3: Wow, he's just getting get a hunter, I mean through and through.
Speaker 2: Listen the bit din.
Speaker 1: I never did away with the jelly reports. You guys, stop calling him in you see a jelly You want to tell me where it is? Fine, I don't mind sharing that information. Adam is telling you he's out there writing tickets this morning. He's telling you he's on Sam Houston Parkway. Be careful, slow down.
Speaker 3: Does that make you feel better about all the tickets he's gonna write the fact, Hey, I warned you.
Speaker 1: It's his job. Okay, I gotta play your songs this morning. Okay, warning, warning, got a song coming up? Watch out a warning? Chili Pepper's coming up? Yes, what's trending.
Speaker 3: Our national milk supply has to be tested for the bird flu. Yeah, raw milk right now is pretty dangerous to drink. After more than seven hundred dairy herds have been affected. The testing will reportedly help narrow down where this virus is spreading. Yeah, sorry, not very liight time. Right AT and T is getting out of the home phone business. They're planning to end landline service in twenty states.
Speaker 4: By twenty twenty nine. It's not like they're doing it quicker.
Speaker 3: But they're saying the copper wire service is both expensive and outdated.
Speaker 4: AT and T will offer landline.
Speaker 3: Users a system that will allow them to plug their home phone into a cell phone connection and then you can still.
Speaker 4: Use the phone you're familiar with. Oh, that's a landline.
Speaker 3: Also, there was a study I saw on the food blog page. It said drinking coffee could extend your lifespan by nearly two years.
Speaker 4: All right.
Speaker 3: It also could prevent some chronic diseases like cancer and respiratory diseases. You can read the full story on our food blog page. Those are that's what's trending on eighty four five bus.
Speaker 1: I'm on my fourth year of drinking coffee.
Speaker 7: Now.
Speaker 4: I thought you're saying you're on your fourth cup.
Speaker 1: I was like, no, no, it's my fourth year of drinking coffee.
Speaker 4: Well, good job.
Speaker 3: Now you get two more extra years out of your life, extending my life.
Speaker 1: Oh, London, I'm gonna be around longer because of all this coffee I'm drinking. Now, what are you giving away?
Speaker 4: I have a gift card.
Speaker 3: It's a one hundred dollars Collector's Firearms gift card.
Speaker 1: I'll take caller ten seven one three two one two five nine four five. Talk about a prize we're giving away that a lot of people want.
Speaker 2: Here.
Speaker 1: It is.
Speaker 2: Very Christmas.
Speaker 14: Ron Ryan Show on ninety four to five of the.
Speaker 1: Buys ninety four five, goodbyes, Good morning, Rod Ryan Show.
Speaker 2: I warned you read.
Speaker 1: How chili peppers are coming up.
Speaker 4: You said it.
Speaker 1: It's a chili pepper report.
Speaker 4: Chili chili chilly.
Speaker 1: Good morning, everybody, help your opto a great start to your day. Happy tat Tuesday. It's the number one blog page today on links and guests. I do from time to time, fancy myself putting together a pretty sweet looking at girls blog page. It's good today. It's good today. Anything anytime you have a blog page that is led by Jennifer Love Hewitt. Golly, I forgot like she should be on there every day. She should be on there every day. Freddy Prince Junior, still getting after that, right, all these years they.
Speaker 3: Don't participate in these alex really like dude.
Speaker 1: Like a real talent like that. You want to talk about Bunny XO and you want to talk about Jennifer Love Hewitt.
Speaker 3: I don't want to talk about anyone getting at or slapping that or whatever it is.
Speaker 4: I'm good on that. You and Alex can chat. You know, just the Rose.
Speaker 1: Well, Tessa, do you think she's still married to Freddy Prince Junior.
Speaker 4: I don't know.
Speaker 2: That's what I meant to say.
Speaker 4: The wizard choice that will take you seriously.
Speaker 1: Ten percent chance of raining partly cloudy today, highs up around sixty nine.
Speaker 2: Nice. Thank you. People have been calling all morning.
Speaker 1: Asked to me when this Bioboway was, I know we're giving away suffing.
Speaker 2: Good good morning?
Speaker 1: Who Hi? Who's this is Freddy Prince Junior, married to Jennifer Love.
Speaker 2: Hewittt I don't think there anymore.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna beg to differ. I'm gonna let my bloodhound go get that for me, please, I'm gonna say you're wrong. And then I found out on this show that he used to write the scripts for wrestling matches.
Speaker 2: He has like a whole wrestling podcast.
Speaker 1: But I remember finding out on this show Freddy Prince Junior wrote the storylines for like arguments that wrestlers would have. I mean, someone's gotta write that stuff.
Speaker 2: I mean it's entertainment.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he wrote that stuff.
Speaker 2: What do you got over that?
Speaker 3: So, Jennifer love hewittt is married to someone named Brian.
Speaker 1: Hallisay, Oh my god.
Speaker 2: TJ's right.
Speaker 3: They begin dating in June of twenty thirteen. They are engaged. We're expecting their first child. They married in November of twenty thirteen, before their birth of their first daughter.
Speaker 1: You might think of someone else if Freddy Prince Junior is married to let me let me chat check that one out, t J. I'm gonna take care of you though. Apparently you know your stuff. You just scored a one gift card to Collectors Firearms, the best damn gun store in the world. You're powered.
Speaker 4: Wait a minute, you're perhaps sinking, Sarah Michelle Geller.
Speaker 1: Oh those two are pretty interchangeable to me. Okay, but Jennifer love Hewitt is hotter than Sara Michelle Geller. Yes, I just made that, Alex. Do you agree co signon that? Yeah? Okay, Sarah Michelle Geller. They're still together.
Speaker 2: Okay, They've been together a long time, TJ.
Speaker 1: If I want to ask you, if Freddy Prince Junior is married to Sarah Michelle Geller, would you have said yes or no?
Speaker 6: I have no clue. I don't follow that the.
Speaker 2: Media, but for some reason I know it.
Speaker 1: All right, we're both kind of right, I guess. Enjoy your gift card, bro, Yes, there, you're gonna spend it on yourself or you're gonna do so, you're gonna give that to someone. It's it's completely Yeah, I was gonna say it's completely within the rules. Though it's a gift card. You could easily give that to somebody, but you're gonna use that on yourself.
Speaker 3: Yeah, clear, All right, all this hunting going on on the show, I think everyone wants their own.
Speaker 1: A lot of hunting going on here. Everybody here in this room is that the minority. I made the comment this morning that I don't think I've ever eaten an entire candy cane. I'm talking about starting out at the tip and going all the way and eaten the hook. I don't even think one of the small ones I've ever eaten. I don't think I think I've always just I've started one before. I've certainly had one before, but I can't tell you that I've ever finished one. Eighty two percent of our audience has finished a candy cane.
Speaker 4: Before they're determined.
Speaker 1: I have never finished chapstick to the end. I've never had one around long enough. I've never had chapstick long enough where I have worked my way through the entire tube. Something has gone awry. Sometimes I don't know how it becomes. I don't know how it That bottom part spins in my pocket. Sometimes it spins in my pocket and I'll go to get it and I'll pull it out and it's all crammed into into the top of the lid, overflowing. How does that happen? How is that thing turning in my pocket? Have you walked fast walking? Really?
Speaker 2: Do that? Have you ever opened up your chapstick?
Speaker 1: It's like, how is this huge part of it exposed right now?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 5: I won't go all it down now because I had to like screw it all that.
Speaker 1: It's take a look at this one right now. It's passionate. For Okay, what is all that on.
Speaker 2: The top of my cap?
Speaker 1: How did you get that? Like jumped out?
Speaker 2: You have anything in the cap of your chapstick.
Speaker 1: I'm telling you, the thing spins in my pocket, but this.
Speaker 3: One stays here in the studio, so it has minimal movement.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's not it's not pocket chaps, no different.
Speaker 1: Just said that we are all doing our lips on the air right now.
Speaker 4: Make sure they're nice and coded.
Speaker 1: This one will just be removed from my life. I won't know where it is, where it went to. But I have never I have never worked one down to the bottom. Never once.
Speaker 5: I was really close to one last year as a strawberry one.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and I was really excited. I was like, I'm gonna make it, and I lost it.
Speaker 5: I was like I could see I was I can see the end of it, and I was like, I'm just gonna use this so I can't use it anymore.
Speaker 1: You know what, I'm the complete opposite on deodorant.
Speaker 2: Deodorant.
Speaker 1: I will scrape that plastic that has just one sixteenth of an inch of deodorant.
Speaker 2: Left on it.
Speaker 1: I will scrape that plastic to the point where it leaves, to the where it leaves marks on my underarms.
Speaker 2: Yeah that's all I got.
Speaker 1: If it's my last one. I was a little rape it.
Speaker 2: You just like rubbed the little nub whatever you got left of it.
Speaker 4: I have.
Speaker 1: I have pulled it out with my finger and worked it around.
Speaker 9: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I could just go to my home, but no for six days. I'm just gonna do this every morning, all right.
Speaker 1: We got to pull a question up about candy canes on the.
Speaker 2: Eggs this holiday season.
Speaker 6: Brought to you by Dad Dad Get them today, available wherever products are sold.
Speaker 13: The Red Ryan Show Mornings ninety four five, The Buzz.
Speaker 1: Ninety four five, The Buzz Offspring, Pretty fly for a white dude. Rob Ryan Show on this tat Tuesday, thank you very much for tuning in this morning. I hope you're off to a great start to your day. There is a lot of stuff for you on links and guests. Right now, it's just a verbal message buzzfest. We're announcing Friday eight thirty. People are like, well, where's the information?
Speaker 2: I just gave it to you, don't.
Speaker 1: I mean, Chili couldn't do a blog page and it would just say tune in to the Rob Ryan Show eight thirty on Friday and you will get all the information and then this page will be full. But right now, that's all we got.
Speaker 2: That's it.
Speaker 1: That's the whole thing. Tammy, let me know. She said we didnt play any Michael Bubbley yesterday.
Speaker 2: True, it doesn't really matter.
Speaker 1: I'm just wondering, do you think that that is a true and correct statement.
Speaker 2: Did you at any point yesterday?
Speaker 1: I don't think I did so. No, then yesterday's.
Speaker 2: Show sucked, I don't know. I thought it was pretty good.
Speaker 1: Todays show's already better because the Boublet board says one just like this, this is It's a much bigger number, but it's almost equally offensive to me as the it only costs twelve bucks to host Thanksgiving dinner.
Speaker 2: I mean, okay, it's it's just not for me.
Speaker 1: Does anybody getting out of the entire holiday season all in travel? Gifts, decorations? I don't know what else do you do around this time? Anybody getting in and out for under two grand?
Speaker 2: No? Probably not?
Speaker 1: Was it? Did the kid change that.
Speaker 2: Traveling?
Speaker 1: Well, you're like flying and stuff all in? Is anybody getting in and out of the holidays for under two grand?
Speaker 2: Are you traveling?
Speaker 1: You don't travel?
Speaker 7: No?
Speaker 2: I thought you meant like holiday travel. I was like, if you do travel, that absolutely over that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they say travel putting on the holidays gifts. The average American is right at two grand. Okay, I'm probably below that, yeah, slightly because of the no travel.
Speaker 5: Because of the no travel, I'm not doing the hosting because like my mom is going to spend a pajillion dollars.
Speaker 2: On hosting on food and stuff like that. But like because I don't have to do that cost. Yeah, it saves me a lot.
Speaker 1: Chili's coming under two k. Yeah, Chili's coming at absolutely Yeah? Is Chili breaking one K?
Speaker 4: I think I think it's close. I think it's close to one k.
Speaker 2: I mean he might.
Speaker 4: It's probably on us. And then that's it.
Speaker 1: Chili all in holidays? What's coming out of that pocket?
Speaker 7: Man?
Speaker 6: As as much as I cannot spin, I want to not do it.
Speaker 2: Are you?
Speaker 1: Will you come in under a grand? Oh yeah? Oh yeah? Oh yeah, dude.
Speaker 6: The only way I'll go over is if I go to Lake Charles to the casino.
Speaker 2: But that's if you lose in Lake Charles.
Speaker 4: Okay, win, great point, great point, Alex.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I'll always lose, So go ahead and go with me.
Speaker 2: Will win.
Speaker 1: It's eyes and win when I'm with you. Eight forty six on travel, six point fifty eight putting on the holidays five point fifty nine is the average budget for gifts. Okay, two grand?
Speaker 2: You're the average person is coming in.
Speaker 1: Just under two grand. It's unheard of it a lot. I don't remember the last time. Two grand is my morning show budget? Yeah, all right, somehow you guys are getting it done. Wait to go The rod Ryan Morning Show six to ten am, The Bus rod Ryan Show on this tat Tuesday. I hope you're off to a great start to your day. Seven fifty three partly cloudy skies, chance of rain. Now, HI have about seventy today. Sorry, I'll started disappointing on that d might hit seventy today. Good morning, Tessa. What are Houston's headlines?
Speaker 3: Well, the man suspected of fatally shooting United Healthcare CEO Brian Thompson in New York City is now behind bars. Luigi Maggioni was arrested yesterday in Altuna, Pennsylvania, and charged with second degree murder for last week's killing.
Speaker 4: Now, authorities say Manngioni.
Speaker 3: Was identified by McDonald's employee in Pennsylvania and then was found with weapons and a fake New Jerseys driver's license he allegedly used to check into a hostel on the Upper West Side of Manhattan days before Thompson was murdered. Meanwhile, the McDonald's itself is getting spammed now with one star ratings online. So because an employee from the restaurant called authorities, the review us are going in saying that McDonald's is covered in rats. There are rats references everywhere alluding to the snitching on the suspect.
Speaker 1: I cannot believe the mentality of the internet on this particular story. A man died, a man had a job, probably had a family, I don't know. A man died, somebody killed somebody, and the sympathy for the killer, I've never seen anything like it in my life, and.
Speaker 5: A lot of people's eyes, I believe they feel like that man could have been responsible for thousands upon thousands of deaths of other family members.
Speaker 2: But guess he is in charge of that corporation.
Speaker 5: I'm not saying that's the right way to think, but I think that is like the kind of what a lot of people online are saying.
Speaker 1: Those are people that are so detached from reality. I cannot believe that even one person. I understand jokes and everything like that, but to sympathize with somebody that murdered somebody in cold blood and to talk about it so flippantly, it's unbelievable to me. I don't remember the last I've seen something like this before, or people think it was justified motive.
Speaker 4: I think it is quite. It is quite the phenomenon.
Speaker 1: It's even it's beyond it's it's beyond the assassination attempt at Donald Trump. There's people out there that hate Donald Trump that you heard them say, oh, well, you know what, and they were making jokes about it. This is on another level that a citizen.
Speaker 4: There are lots of layers to this story.
Speaker 1: Holy cow, I've never seen anything like it. And I'm reading these comments on the internet, and these are people that just are not living in reality. There's people that lost a husband, a father, a brother, and it's like, well, you know what, you shouldn't have done your job the way you did and if you cow, it's unbelievable to me that that is that is somebody's take.
Speaker 2: On the internet.
Speaker 5: And if you lost somebody close to you because of like if their their healthcare is being denied so many people because of that, I can't like that that. I think things like it might make people less sympathetic.
Speaker 2: And that's just that's not saying that's how I.
Speaker 1: Don't even want to get in trouble now. I don't even want to get in trouble by calling out other jobs. But I'll just call it. Hey, I called that DJ three times to play my song. He didn't play it. Boom, You're dead.
Speaker 2: It's the same thing. It's the same death to a lot of people.
Speaker 1: It's crazy to go after somebody to think that they are the one person that is responsible for something because they didn't push a piece of paper through. The sympathy for the killer is unbelievable to me.
Speaker 2: You got to talk about.
Speaker 4: Somebody for billionaires? Is you know?
Speaker 3: I don't know all time people just don't have the sympathy and empathy.
Speaker 4: For a billionaire. It's just it's like feeling, you.
Speaker 3: Know, feeling sorry for Jeff Bezos for something.
Speaker 4: It's like, why would I feel.
Speaker 2: Like what you're saying?
Speaker 7: Right?
Speaker 2: It does. It does seem like crass to act that way, But that's that.
Speaker 5: That is just kind of like what I see, not not personally, but when I see people acting like while saying it's wild.
Speaker 1: I mean, I know the internet's wild, but holy cow, that is just like out of a movie.
Speaker 2: Oh, there will be a movie.
Speaker 1: There will be a movie.
Speaker 3: There will be a movie here in Houston, specifically, Harris County.
Speaker 4: We are getting a new area code next month.
Speaker 3: If you haven't heard by now, Internet and phone provider Consolidated Communications says the new six two one area code will be in use starting on January twenty third.
Speaker 4: So this new area code is.
Speaker 3: Available to customers in the Greater Houston overlay region, where the area code seven one three two eight one A three two and three four six are already in effect. Nobody's Fundemverer's going to change because the six ' two one code will be assigned to new service or additional lines.
Speaker 4: That just means our city is growing.
Speaker 2: I remember so.
Speaker 1: Fast Jessica who was on this show, like she never wanted she still has her five oh four. It's important to her because that's her roots, you know, five five four, It's in all the rap songs and everything. Like she's not gonna she doesn't want to get rid of that New Orleans phone. Yeah, you know, I have a seven one three. I kind of get it now, Like, yeah, I'm seven one three man, I'm og, i'mog here in Houston. I don't want to ever give up my seven one three.
Speaker 3: I feel like that about my little three six one in Corpus. What's the Buffalo area code seven one.
Speaker 1: Six seven six, So they have seven one six day like they have seven one three day here. Yea, yeah, they have seven one sixth day in Buffalo, and I imagine a lot of cities will do that with like the most popular area code. But yeah, it does. Adding another one. You mentioned those other ones.
Speaker 2: I didn't even know those were other exchanges here.
Speaker 4: Really, you didn't know the two eight one.
Speaker 1: I knew that one, go ahead.
Speaker 3: The other ones eight three to two, yes, three four six six is not familiar to me.
Speaker 1: I didn't know that was local.
Speaker 3: Yeah, okay, we're two weeks from Christmas. Have you bought any candy canes?
Speaker 2: Yet?
Speaker 4: Better question? Will they be eaten?
Speaker 2: A pole?
Speaker 3: By Brocks found candy canes are definitely a tradition. Ninety percent agree with that, but now we're more likely to use them as decorations than as food. Sixty percent use candy canes as decorations, fifty eight percent sometimes eat them as a treat.
Speaker 4: Overall, we're pro candy cane.
Speaker 3: Eighty percent of us feel nostalgia for them, seventy seven would describe them as refreshing, and seventy.
Speaker 4: Five percent of us would even say delicious.
Speaker 3: Just over half of people said peppermint is their preferred holiday flavor, like peppermint mocha. Yeah, I knew the peppermint mocha. Let's talk about Taylor Swift. Her Aras tour finally came to an end on Sunday night in Toronto and made a record two billion dollars in ticket sales. Over ten million fans attended since it kicked off in March of twenty twenty three. The only other tour to cross a one billion mark is Coldplays Music of the Sphears tour. Elton John almost hit the mark was his with his Farewell Yellow Brick Road Tour, which made nine hundred and.
Speaker 4: Thirty nine million dollars.
Speaker 3: Those who worked on Tay's tour were rewarded pretty generously. She gave out a total of one hundred and ninety seven million dollars in bonuses to everybody, like truck drivers, caterers, techs, merch team, lighting, sound production, staff, assistance. Takes a lot to keep a tour together. I mean, you've got dancers, carpenters, I can go on and on. System of a Down announced three major stadium tours for next summer, with some high powered co headliners. The first show goes down August twenty eighth that MetLife Stadium outside New York City.
Speaker 4: Corn is going to be on that bill.
Speaker 3: Then on August thirty first, a System of a Down will play Soldier Field in Chicago with Avenge Sevenfold, And on September third, they'll team up with the Deaftnes for a show at Roger Shade Him in Toronto.
Speaker 4: Pre sales begin tomorrow. The rest of us have to wait until Friday. Those are Houston's headlines.
Speaker 1: I gotta admit I don't know a whole lot about System of a Down. It's a lot well, yeah, because of their absence. We've talked about this with bands when they go away, but you're putting in the work. I don't know how much these guys don't get along behind scenes, but you're putting in all this work. You have to rehearse, you have to do those three shows. They just can't pull it together to go out on a major tour together. There's so much money on the table for that band. Yeah, and I think these three shows are the start of something more.
Speaker 2: They have to be.
Speaker 1: They have to be. You're not going to put in all that work and rehearse and do everything for three but no doubt. Remember I said that about no doubt, and they did all that work, they rehearsed and everything, and they did the one show. So yeah, I don't know. I don't know what I'm talking about. What do you got in sports?
Speaker 2: Do you know what you're talking about? I do? I do?
Speaker 5: On Monday Night Football, the Bengals got by the Cowboys twenty seven to twenty. The Cowboys blocked and Bengals plant was less than two minutes left to go in the game. They could have just set up, let the clock bleed out and kicked the game winning field goal to win it, but the Bengals recovered that punt and then Joe Burrow hit Jamar Chase for a forty yard touchdown to win the game.
Speaker 2: Sucks to suck. Dallas and Basketball Rockets gonna be back in action tomorrow night.
Speaker 5: They're gonna host the Warriors in the quarterfinals of the NBA Cup. And then on our sports blog Pace Today, an MMA fighter in Poland failed to make weight. He was over the weight that he was supposed to be normally, Like in the UFC, you lose part of the purse and then you don't get the belt if you were to win in Poland, they were just like cool, you can fight your opponent, but you also have to fight his dad too, so then it was two on one because he didn't make weight.
Speaker 2: It's pretty great, man.
Speaker 1: Yeah, is this at a bar.
Speaker 2: It's in Poland, they have but it's in Poland.
Speaker 4: It's just in the streets.
Speaker 2: It's Europe, Dude, I don't know the rules. This is some very sanctuary.
Speaker 4: He knew what you were talking about.
Speaker 2: I'm sorry, I don't know all of the rules in Polish fighting. But you have to fight your opponent's dad. Also, don't make so make waight.
Speaker 1: It's the one thing you had to do.
Speaker 2: Man. I I go check it out. Pretty funny video on the sportsblog page today.
Speaker 1: Right, nobody knows nothing on this show.
Speaker 2: I know a lot about some things.
Speaker 13: Fair Enough Rock and Alternative.
Speaker 7: The rod Ryan Marni Show, six Am, The.
Speaker 1: Buzz ninety four five The Buzz, Good Morning, rod Ryan Show. Papa Roach the Last Resort. We got Poppa Roach Rise against tickets for you this hour. Rise of the Roach Tour, March twentieth, Toyota Center. You're gonna have to win the Chili bron game though. That's how you're gonna win those tickets, all right. Chili Brown joining us in studio for a second big week of the Christmas edition. Charlie Brown Christmas reading today. Who chooses the page you chose?
Speaker 4: You chose last year, we chose last week.
Speaker 3: Since alexis terns Or, I could just choose every page just like he did.
Speaker 1: The wheel, you should take that over then.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you know what, let me pick the number.
Speaker 1: Okay, you just lost your page. Sorry picking good? You did hog all the wheelspins wheel was.
Speaker 2: The lily.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna spin that wheel, buddy. We'll see. I'll spin it away.
Speaker 1: Chance of rain partly cloudy sky's highs of around sixty nine today. I thought it was seventy. Did you change it to sixty nine? You changed seventy eight nine?
Speaker 2: You changed it?
Speaker 1: The weather changed to seventy, and then you came in your.
Speaker 5: Sixty when I put the thing on there with sixty nine, Listen, I don't make the weather.
Speaker 1: Stop playing god over there.
Speaker 2: I'm not and typing what weather dot com says.
Speaker 1: LinkedIn guests see lots lots of stuff for you on Lincsin guest today, I mentioned the you looking at girls blog page is great. Today our ten Tuesday feature awesome chili. I looked promise I did. Yesterday's milk was great. Buzzfest. We're announcing Buzzfest on Friday show at eight thirty. I am. I'm kind of proud of myself for last week. I didn't bring it up at all. I find it not interesting when they come out with their Oxford Dictionary and Webster's Dictionary word of the year.
Speaker 2: Ah.
Speaker 1: Yes, I think brain rot was the Oxford Dictionary word of the year maybe a week week and a half ago. Marya mentioned on this show, very proud of myself. Mariam Webster came out with theirs. You know, I find them to always be a big nothing burger. Polarization.
Speaker 4: Polarization was the word.
Speaker 1: Yep, I agree with it. I mean, I agree with it. I mean that's where we're at. It's obviously dealing with politics. I do believe in we are in this polarization period. I don't know if it's ever going to change, but when I see them talking about crazy things on the right and crazy things on the left, those are the things that get the headlines. That's where the media is at, and I think that most people in this country, like Middle America, are somewhere in the middle, you know what I mean. So the polarization, that's what they're kind of.
Speaker 2: That's what we seem to.
Speaker 1: Be concentrated on the extremes of those two sides, when most of us are somewhere in the middle. So maybe is it a perfect word for Mariam Webster to choose. Here's what didn't make it. I had to look this one up. Allegion.
Speaker 2: Does anybody remember that from this year?
Speaker 1: Allegion? I think we looked it up to.
Speaker 2: Allegian like the fields where the gods go and they die?
Speaker 1: Allision? It's allision. Wait you say that again.
Speaker 2: Isn't it like the Allsion fields is where you would go?
Speaker 1: That's illegion. I said it wrong. Alision like collision, but allision. So it means it's a version of a collision when a boat hits a stationary object. Remember people with that Baltimore Bridge allision? It just wasn't that big.
Speaker 4: I mean it was Scott Key Bridge.
Speaker 1: I bet if you live there, Yeah, it was the Key Bridge.
Speaker 2: You're good.
Speaker 1: You're good on that, I bet if you live there. Was a huge story, but we were in and out of that in two days. But alision pander resonate weird. I'm sure that came from Tim Watz.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they kept saying that people were weird.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Oh, totality. We did talk about totality for a couple of weeks. I liked it because with that eclipse was a big deal in April.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 1: Demure demure was kind of something that I held off on talking about on this show, and then we then I hit it, and then I started getting, what are you saying, Rod? What is this? I don't know, I never saw any demure? Yeah, fortnite, I guess that was Taylor Swift, Right? Is that her song with post Alone? Yeah? Yeah, okay, it's a fantastic bag all right, polarization video. I just said I wasn't interested in it and did.
Speaker 2: A whole bit on it. What was I saying about me? All right?
Speaker 1: I love the words of the year. Got them got me love when they come up with the words of the year. I can't wait to share that with you guys. Now, this is kind of up beat jazzy. What are you going on over there?
Speaker 2: Jazzy pants like jazzing it up a little bit.
Speaker 1: I don't think changing up a bit. Now, you had a rock version of this when we were spinning the wheel with the guitars on it.
Speaker 2: It was a guitarvest. Dude, you had to be rocking. I'm just giving away jazz. I'd like to give away a saxophone.
Speaker 1: We don't have a saxophone.
Speaker 2: We've got to buy one.
Speaker 1: Paper tickets and rise against tickets, all right, Chili Brown. I see him making some preparations too. Chili Brown's gonna be joining us in studio the Chili Brown game. You're gonna have to guess how many we're going back to the heepa means going back to the peppermints.
Speaker 4: So should have done candy canes.
Speaker 2: Candy cans, I'm telling you, and sticking out of his mouth. We could just have it.
Speaker 1: We can guess, we can guess how many shards of glass are in his mouth.
Speaker 2: I wouldn't do that to my guy, your candy cigarettes.
Speaker 1: I can't do that to my your guys. That's actually pretty great, that's actually pretty good. I know there's websites. I still sell those old school candies. Yeah, cigarillos or something that's a real one. Okay, oh white owl, But those were cigars but he loves cigars. We could do candy cigars. We can do this game all year round.
Speaker 2: I have a bag of them from when I have my daughter. I just like, I don't know how to hand out cigars to celebrate your kids.
Speaker 5: So here here's this thing, the white owls whatever the bubble gum ones were the real ones.
Speaker 1: I think it went.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 5: It's weird to be like, hey, guys, here's a bubble gum cigar.
Speaker 1: It's even weird to say that you bought them and not.
Speaker 2: Also, he gave them to me. I did not fly them.
Speaker 1: Oh okay, I'd like one.
Speaker 2: They gave them to me to give to other people.
Speaker 1: I'd like one. Okay, I'll bring one in chili brown game coming up after the break.
Speaker 13: The rod Ryan Morning Show, six Am, The.
Speaker 1: Buzz ninety five, The Buzz, Good Morning, rod Ryan's Show. On a tattooesday, December ten, partly cloudy, ten percent chance of rain, hies them around seventy. Don't even what you got over there.
Speaker 2: That's trending, okay.
Speaker 3: Dolly Parton appeared on the Late Show with Dave Letterman and it was her top ten pet peeves.
Speaker 4: Number one was.
Speaker 3: Nobody noticing that she has a great booty as well. I don't know why this is on a highlight, but is on the look at Girls bog page.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and it's a like a fifteen year old clip. Okay, where did you see?
Speaker 3: The looking at Girl's blog page is trending. It's number it's the number two blog page for us, behind the Tattoesday.
Speaker 1: All right, Yeah, there's some big birthdays today that are getting a lot of looks on it. And I don't know. I made it at like four point thirty this morning, so I can't remember what else is on there. It's good one though. There's a lot on there.
Speaker 3: Okay, So the headlines are Jennifer love you who we already mentioned it, A Meg Ye, Casey Mariah, my favorite.
Speaker 1: White stripe is having a birthday today. There you go, that's my favorite white stripe. I disagree with Alex on that one. Okay, Meg was the true talent.
Speaker 2: In that band.
Speaker 4: You can be wrong, That's okay, that's okay. So we did that.
Speaker 3: We did the Logit Girl's blog page the Tattuesday and then Tokyo says they're going to adopt a four day work week because they have a low fertility rate. So the fertility rate is at a record low. So they're saying this is going to give moms who work three day weekends, they're going to have more family friendly options for scheduling. So there you go, Tokyo leading away in the four day work week. That's what's trending on ninety four five to Buzz.
Speaker 1: It's like a nationwide things.
Speaker 4: Pretty crazy.
Speaker 1: Wow, I think we'll see it in our lifetime. So I think we will. I should have worded something like that in my contract.
Speaker 4: Damn it had the chance.
Speaker 1: That's what I do for not having an agent, all right, I use Chili as my agent. I bounce everything off of him, and he just said, just just don't worry about it, Okay, just sign whatever they put in front of your horrible You should have reworked a few of those things in there. Chili Brown's gonna be joining us. There's no doubt that he knows his way around the Charles Schultz classics, whether it's the Halloween, the Thanksgiving, or the Charlie Brown Christmas. He's going to be reading from the book today. I think the game takes out a new dynamic because we're using the peppermint starlights, which is just basically your rando peppermints that you get walking out of the restaurant. Because they're bigger, the numbers come down and that makes the margin of air with your guesses. I just think you get closer together. I mean, when it's candy corn, there could be sixty in there. You have three people guessing numbers. This is a little tighter. That is this is a lot tighter actually, so I think you got you gotta play this like a chess match. You know what it is like a chess match. It's like moving around chess pieces in chili's mouth, arranging them. It's like a peppermint chess match in chili's mouth. Thank you for work shopping that with me on the air. I need three of you seven one, three, two one two five nine four five to come on down.
Speaker 13: Twenty years of Mayham in the morning with the run Ryan Show only on ninety.
Speaker 1: Four five the bus, Oh yes, sir, ninety four or five the bus. I'm sorry to fill up the dance floor and then just leave you hanging right, but you gotta clear the dance floor. Chili Brown is coming out, though I hate bringing y'all out there and then just one song and then it's like, okay, here we are. We're back. But I was told early on in my career to keep the dance floor full. The trick is to keep them dancing. Yeah, Chili, I'm asking you to keep them dancing this morning.
Speaker 6: Oh boy, Hey, good to see you Brown, and I see y'all.
Speaker 1: Great to have you in the studio. As always with us, there's a Chili Brown. The man is like three feet from me right now. I can't believe it. Ten percent champs of rain, partly Claude's guys, highs of around sixty nine.
Speaker 2: You're gonna be.
Speaker 1: Around Chili now, I'm talking to Are you gonna be around eight thirty on Friday for the busfest announcement?
Speaker 6: I let me check with my agent or you might he's busy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you have an agent.
Speaker 6: Yeah, the Wizard's gonna be like you gonna be here.
Speaker 1: You should have worked a four day work week into year contract. I need to I can't. I need you all five days.
Speaker 6: I need like a three day weekend.
Speaker 1: No, if I'm here, No, if I'm here five days, You've got to be here five days. What are we gonna do. If you're not here, all the plants will die? What plants? All right, Let's see who is going to be participating today on the not soon to be world famous Chili Brown Game. Good morning, rod Ryan Show.
Speaker 2: Is this Chris? Chris?
Speaker 1: Good morning?
Speaker 2: Hey Chris, come on.
Speaker 1: Down, man, You're gonna be contested number one. You're gonna be bidding first today on the Chili Brown Game. Welcome in, Thank you, thank you, thank you.
Speaker 2: Chris.
Speaker 1: Hang on the phone for me.
Speaker 2: Hey, Michael, come on down, Hey, good morning, guys, Good morning Michael.
Speaker 1: Have you ever eaten a candy cane start to finish the whole thing?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 1: Yeah, you got a little it down first?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Okay, Yeah, would have maybe been a better question this morning, because it seems like eighty five percent of our audience has eating an entire candy cane Chili, the whole candy cane. Yeah, the whole one. Yeah.
Speaker 6: When you get to like the little hook part, you just kind of break it in.
Speaker 2: Truth.
Speaker 1: Does anybody does anybody start with the hook? Have you? Amanda? Amanda? Good morning, Hi, good morning, Come on down, Amanda. Have you eaten a candy cane to complete them like a whole thing? Yeah? Definitely never started on the hook. M No, I don't think I have no everybody as everybody always starts at.
Speaker 2: A little point that make the pointy end there.
Speaker 1: All right, well, listen, you're gonna be bitting. You're gonna be bitting. Third today, Amanda on the Chili Brown Game. It's good to have Chris, Michael and Amanda on the show today. Now let me stress my guy Chili. Here. These are peppermint starlight candies. What what fresh breath word did we get out of this last week? For read my lips, it wasn't fresh breath minty mouth, mint mouth.
Speaker 6: That could be confused with yuk mouth.
Speaker 2: Chili.
Speaker 4: What's up?
Speaker 6: You don't know what yuck mouth is?
Speaker 7: No?
Speaker 1: Sorry, just bath Yeah, okay, I thought coming out of you it was something dirty.
Speaker 3: No, I just like, I don't scared, but I'm gonna ask if Chili says no, I wouldn't say.
Speaker 1: If it's like chili that anything that.
Speaker 6: Could give me fire, I won't say.
Speaker 2: But the kis here comes Chili.
Speaker 1: All right, here we go, Chili. These are the police the peppermint star like candy. If you would if you would start inserting those and then looks like tests.
Speaker 2: Take it over the page.
Speaker 4: Yeah, pick me, I will do lucky number three.
Speaker 1: Oh, this is early on, very early on the.
Speaker 4: Let's get to the beginning of things.
Speaker 17: Okay, So what we have here is chilions were bleeding last week? Well no, really, or are you just saying that if you're trying to make me feel bad it's not working?
Speaker 1: There were booze for like three days.
Speaker 2: Chili brown page three.
Speaker 1: Al Right, here we go, Chili take it away.
Speaker 8: To talk to.
Speaker 7: Google.
Speaker 6: Ris only clock. I'll googroof, move.
Speaker 1: M boy. That's the home work. Almost choked on that one. Don't choke, okay, because we have one more week of this. Oh and your health and we don't want you don't laugh.
Speaker 2: Stop telling jokes, Alex, go you stop.
Speaker 1: You were thinking that it didn't happened. I let down Real Christmas?
Speaker 2: What what is he saying?
Speaker 1: What is he saying?
Speaker 2: Real Christmas project? He's talking to Lucy. I remember this part in the story, you know this whole book. He's going to Lucy for advice.
Speaker 1: Go ahead, Well, you want to go through of a Couchman's play. Great acting, gle Is.
Speaker 2: I just look what a thespian Julia.
Speaker 1: The first Chili is extra giggly today. Please continue.
Speaker 12: Hmm browne a junkman, so gurgly, so gross.
Speaker 1: This is like reading the whole book page I hate.
Speaker 8: It, Brown surprising dunk room, who knows knocking about London.
Speaker 1: I'm not getting any words.
Speaker 2: And I thought that was a great job.
Speaker 1: Job, that was very translation. I don't know. Go look at page three for yourself.
Speaker 4: Look it up.
Speaker 11: Okay, well, great job.
Speaker 1: The peppermins star like candies. I couldn't even tell you had him in your mouth?
Speaker 2: Did he have any? I'm not sure.
Speaker 1: Zero. I'm not sure there were any in his mouth, Chris. But if you were to guess, Chris, how many peppermins were in Chili's mouth during that reading today, let's go for eight?
Speaker 7: Eight?
Speaker 2: Okay, yeah, eight?
Speaker 1: Okay, write this down? Eight? All right, thank you, Chris. Have we ever done the game where it was just zero? I don't think it'd be like a trick game, you know, I maan, I haven't done it yet yet. Maybe there was none, Michael, do you think there were any peppermins in his mouth? And if so, how many? I'm looking on the Piece show and people are putting up some suggestions here verst if at twenty four. That would be cool if candy corn, but I'm gonna go with lucky thirteen thirteen, Okay. The person that comes closest without going over will be the winner today. Hey, Amanda, Yes, we're toying with the idea that there were no mince in his mouth at all.
Speaker 2: I mean, it's just.
Speaker 1: Something that we're you know, we're just spitballing right now. Chris seems to think there was eight. Michael is going with thirteen. The person that comes closes without going over will be the winner today. How many Peppermints star like candies, if any were in Chili's mouth.
Speaker 9: I don't think there was too many, but I'm gonna go with the number eleven.
Speaker 1: Eleven. Okay, very good, Thank you, Amanda.
Speaker 2: I think.
Speaker 1: You, I certainly know that these things are much bigger than candy corn. They don't they don't break down. I'm sure chili can chili. They don't.
Speaker 2: They don't break down as easy.
Speaker 1: Oh there don world.
Speaker 2: Wow? Well yeah, yeah, yeah, okay, well, I mean that's okay.
Speaker 1: The actual number of Peppermint Starlight candies in Chili's mouth today was fifteen. And I'll tell you what you can tell Michael was really he was looking online to see.
Speaker 2: What people were saying.
Speaker 1: Michael, with a bit of thirteen came closest without going over. Nobody went over today, Michael, you're the winner today on the Chili Brown Game. Well done, dude, there we go. Oh yeah, thank you. Keep show of people.
Speaker 6: I just spit everything down and it looks like one of those oh god, Starbucks coffee Christmas things.
Speaker 2: Oh god, what they make it at it?
Speaker 1: It looks like my belf on the shelf has diarrhea. Yeah, what are you giving Michael?
Speaker 3: Michael, you get the popa roach and rise against tickets to Rise the Roads tour man, congradually.
Speaker 1: That's what I'm talking about, all right, that.
Speaker 2: Is exactly what we're talking about.
Speaker 1: On great job Michael. Please take your peppermints out of here. But it's at least it's minty.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's fresh fifteen fresh from his mouth.
Speaker 1: Fifteen today, what a reading man. Way to go.
Speaker 13: Houston's Rock, Houston's Alternative and The rod Ryan Morning Show.
Speaker 1: Four or five, the Buzz, Good Morning, rod Ryan's Show, Shine Down, Happy Tattooesday. Everybody went around him.
Speaker 11: Chilie Brown today.
Speaker 1: Now I'm just trying to avoid like an uncomfortable situation. Tessa, Okay, do you want one at the end of the show today, you do, You're kind of responsible for the wrap up sheet.
Speaker 2: Yes, Are you gonna put.
Speaker 1: Pumpkin spice Prices right with a question mark on it? Or are you gonna put tomorrow we're playing Pumpkin spice Prices right. How do you think you'll handle that at the end of the show.
Speaker 3: I'll probably just like ask Alex to ask the hype man. I mean, who has the closest relations with him?
Speaker 1: Say you the last two weeks. I don't know the last two weeks. On Tuesday, you've handed me the sheet. It said pumpkin spice price is right with a couple of question marks after it.
Speaker 2: I just don't know this Vanish when we went upside down.
Speaker 1: I'm just wondering at the beginning. So if I'm going to get a definitive we're playing tomorrow or you're still going to ask the question question question if we're doing it, that's always.
Speaker 4: Death later later. I only have what's right in front of me right now.
Speaker 1: Percent chance of Ray Partney cloudy today Hype seventy. Tessa has Houston's headlines one final time.
Speaker 3: The man accused of fatally shooting United Healthcare CEO Brian Thompson in front of his New York hotel last week is now facing multiple charges. Luigi Mangioni was apprehended in Altuna, Pennsylvania yesterday. He was charged in New York with one count of murder as well as other charges that included possession of a forged document and a weapon, and he now faces five additional charges in Pennsylvania.
Speaker 4: The China base company behind.
Speaker 3: TikTok hopes temporary pause will allow the US Supreme Court time to review a law that would ban the.
Speaker 4: Social media platform.
Speaker 3: Fight Dance filed an emergency motion to stop the law that would ban TikTok effective next month if it's not sold to a new owner. The law is set to go into effect January nineteenth, that's a day before President elect Trump will be sworn into office, although Trump has indicated he might try to reverse the ban when he makes his return to the White House. Wearing camo is just a way of life for a large portion of Americans. A lot of Texans have their camo gear granted. Most of us are not trying to actually camouflage ourselves anymore.
Speaker 4: But it's a fun look at the casual low hunters wear it.
Speaker 3: So what it surprised you if you knew that if you wore camo in certain countries you could go to jail.
Speaker 4: The main reasons camo has banned in.
Speaker 3: Some countries is because of its association with rebels or terrorist organizations and it could confuse civilians with members of the military. So if you're visiting any of these countries like in the Caribbean, Antigua, Barbuda, Bahamas, Barbados, Dominica, Granada, Jamaica, Nigeria, yeah, that's.
Speaker 4: A big no no.
Speaker 3: There also places like South Africa, Trinidad and Tobago, Uganda, Zambia, Zimbabwe, Saint Vincent, end the Grenadine, Saint Lucia and Oman. Hey, wow, lay off the camo and traveling any of these places.
Speaker 4: Let's talk about some entertainment news.
Speaker 3: Chris Rock stormed off the stage in the middle of a gig over the weekend, and it.
Speaker 4: Maybe because someone was recording him.
Speaker 3: Rock was doing a set at a Christmas party thrown by a billionaire named Anthony Pratt. He had just told a joke and apparently he saw something that upset him, He veiled and never came back. A witness says that on his way out, he was shouting about how he wasn't supposed to be taped, a video reported, or whatever else wasn't supposed to happen, and then he left. After he left, Keith Urban went up on stage to collect his check. They was also performing at the Billionaire's Christmas Party, performed for about.
Speaker 4: An hour and a half.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 3: I know it's the twenty fifth anniversary of the US and they're going to celebrate on the road. The twenty fifth anniversary is going to be a bit different. There's going to be three shows on three consecutive nights, and each city on the tour, on night one, they'll play their self titled album from twenty two from two thousand and two, two thousand and four's Love and Depth, and then on night two they'll do two thousand and sevens Lies for Liars. On the third night, so the tour is going to stop in Detroit, Boston, Chicago, New York City, Salt Lake City, Denver, Los Angeles, and then it'll end on the final night three stand in San Diego. So, I mean, I think that's cool, like getting you know, it's like one of these pick and choose, Like if I knew, like which album my favorite artist was performing, you could.
Speaker 4: Pick, Oh, like I have to go to this one. That's not that's a different idea.
Speaker 2: What's the other? I'm just wondering.
Speaker 1: So you chose all that I've got?
Speaker 8: That was?
Speaker 2: You remember that the most?
Speaker 3: And which one is that from? Do you know which album that's from? I don't either.
Speaker 1: I don't know much about the used. I know that guy he was Dayton Kelly Osborne for a while. Oh wow, the lead singer? Right? That was probably I wouldn't get yeah, because I think it is this part of your emo face.
Speaker 2: It's not a.
Speaker 1: What's the video where he's trapped in a coffin and he's like being buried alive? Or is that a different is that a different Emao band? I do not recall, or is that thirty seconds of Mars burying me?
Speaker 2: Might also do that one? I cannot recall. I don't remember, all right, Tessa.
Speaker 1: Do you ever see the videos where there's a there's a maybe a car that stalls out on the railroad tracks, okay, and then somebody's got video of it and there's a locomotive coming right. Yeah, And that locomotive is coming and it's gonna it's getting.
Speaker 2: Ready to hit that car right.
Speaker 1: And then sometimes in a great situation, the last second, that car finally starts. Yeah, and they get out of the way of the train.
Speaker 11: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Do you feel that way when you jumped away from the Cowboys and you got out just in time?
Speaker 3: No, I just feel like I'm happier overall. I'm getting better spirits.
Speaker 1: Feeding into Yeah, like you.
Speaker 2: Jumped, I don't feel like I jogged.
Speaker 1: Last night, but everybody.
Speaker 3: But then it's like you look and you're like, oh, yeah, the crash, you could.
Speaker 1: Have been in front of that locomotive. Yeah.
Speaker 5: And Micah Parson's kind of little baby storming off the field for the games over being all emo about it.
Speaker 1: You escape that train, like all of these the spring could have just crushed you.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it could be.
Speaker 1: But now you're out and it's no, they're good. And then she'll hop right back on Textans are your team, that's good.
Speaker 4: I'm just happy for Texas teams. That's what happens when you're born here.
Speaker 2: I know that you.
Speaker 1: Would you got out of there just in time.
Speaker 5: Monday Night Football Bengals got by the Cowboys twenty seven to twenty. The Cowboys blocked a Bengals punt with less than two minutes left to go. That was where the Bengals were like, oh no, here's the freight train coming. I'm on the tracks. And then the Cowboys touched the ball after it was blocked, the Bengals recovered it. Then Jamar Chase caught a pass when Joe Burrow went forty yards for a touchdown. That was when the car started. He was like, oh cool, well sins avoided that. Yeah, so that's how that happened. So sucks to suck Dallas. And then basketball rocketsun be back in action tomorrow night. They're gonna host the Warriors in the quarterfinals of the NBA Cup. That's going on in sports, all right, Thank you.
Speaker 1: Ninety four or five of the buzz. I believe that was my first gold record.
Speaker 4: Oh lot, like a gift that you got or you received.
Speaker 1: Yeah, from Everlast to himself, that was my first gold record. First time I heard that song. Listen, I got a lot wrong in my career, uh huh, picking when I was back and picking music and stuff. That was one that I got right. The first time I heard it. I remember the record. I was just the music director, so I was like, you know, like wizards, little flunky assistant guy, which he doesn't even have one now they don't even that job doesn't exist. But yeah, I was just like the understudy. And the first time I heard that song, I remember bugging my boss at the time and I said, this song is an absolute hit. It's huge, and we got on it first, and we started playing it first and everlast, never forgot that. I knew that we played it first, and then when it came down, when it when he got his you know r i a A, the Recording Industry of Association of America whatever it is, the certification, then they like make out a bunch and they take care of all the people that, well, you're instrumental in making the song a.
Speaker 2: Hit, and they put me on the.
Speaker 1: Lit I got a gold record for that's in a box somewhere. It's not on the wall.
Speaker 4: You and your boxes are.
Speaker 1: Box But don't you see what I mean? Like, what am I do to throw that away?
Speaker 3: No, you can't throw it away, but you should also hang it up somewhere.
Speaker 1: And then I think I'm gonna save it for my kid. My kids are gonna like, who the hell's ever last?
Speaker 2: That's another one of those things.
Speaker 1: So I got a bunch of these old record I told you Lenny Kravitz. Lenny Kravitz called me.
Speaker 2: On the phone. Yeah, that's hot, that's atory.
Speaker 4: I mean that being Lenny.
Speaker 1: But I'm thinking I'm another thing that I'm saving for my kid that she's not like she doesn't want that nickelback nickelback platinum record. It's my name on it, you know.
Speaker 4: Just hang them up in her bedroom.
Speaker 3: Don't even ask her, be like these this is in your this is your decorations.
Speaker 4: Now your theme is gold record. Tell her that Taylor Swift put them up.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I could probably I could alter them.
Speaker 2: You're right. Good morning everybody.
Speaker 1: I hope you're having a great Tuesday morning, tattooesday. I got some ghost tickets coming up for you. When we announced Busfest at eight thirty, are we giving away a pair of tickets when we announced?
Speaker 3: I mean, I don't see how we don't, Like we have to, that's the that's the norm with I mean, we announced cc DC gave away a pair of tickets.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So yeah, I'm assuming that there's a pair of tickets coming with that announcement.
Speaker 3: Don't even ask, just do it, Just promise it.
Speaker 4: I don't sneak them in through the back whatever.
Speaker 1: All right, all right, so the first pair of tickets and the announcement, we can word it that way, yes, or the announcement along with the first pair of tickets eight thirty on Friday show. Yeah, Buzzfest Spring twenty twenty five, we're doing it.
Speaker 2: Who's this? Oh?
Speaker 1: Okay, this is the one. This is one somebody was We were talking about Jennifer of Hewitt and Sarah Michelle s Michelle Geller. They're interchangeable to me, Melissa joon Hart throw her in that. No, that's Clarissa explains it all stop. And I'm just trying to think of women with three names. She's special. So, like we don't talk about a lot of entertainment news, you do it on the Houston headlines and you throw something in there when there's something for some reason. Because all that stuff I don't care. I really don't care. Like celebrity news. I think you can kind of get that stuff anywhere. We don't focus on it here. It's like a top forty radio thing where you sit around and like they'll they'll talk about you know who's getting divorced for an hour.
Speaker 2: We don't do that here.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm oddly fascinated with this Morgan Wallan story.
Speaker 4: He's a part date soon, doesn't he.
Speaker 1: It got bumped, It got bumped. We were supposed to find out something, and the lawyers are waiving this preliminary hearing and this is of course for show or throwing the chair.
Speaker 4: Off the roof in Nashville, the bar did murder.
Speaker 1: Alex seems to think, Rod, you're wasting your time. This is just another celebrity story and he's just gonna get a slap on the wrist and he's going to go about his wap, you know.
Speaker 2: Service that he won't have to do. He'll just pay a like a fee. He'll get a.
Speaker 1: City park, he'll get to record a PSA.
Speaker 2: He'll play. He'll play at a policeman's ball.
Speaker 1: Ye, he'll record a thirty second PSA, not even and then that's it. It's like, look at all the people that we're going to reach with this. He'll talk about the impressions that it gets and that's that's the equivalent of doing twenty hours on the roadside picking up garbage. Right, so maybe that is my fascination with this Morgan Wallin story.
Speaker 2: Uh huh.
Speaker 1: Who's like one of the biggest names in country.
Speaker 4: He was the Entertainer of the Year at the cma IS this year.
Speaker 1: But I'm I'm led to believe that he could really be facing real jail time, and that makes the story different from me. This is where Alex is laughing at me, going, ron, No, what celebrity like this is going to jail for throwing a chair off the roof?
Speaker 2: Could have killed somebody?
Speaker 5: Yeah wait, like realistically, yeah, he probably should be looking at that.
Speaker 2: But he's a celebrity, so that's different.
Speaker 3: So what you need is like a gung ho like district attorney that is like, no, no, I'm gonna make an example of right, I'm gonna.
Speaker 4: Take the name for myself.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna be the guy that goes after Urgal, that goes after Morgan Wallen, And that's how I'm gonna make my career because you know what, I'm a no nonsense type of gallery guy. I don't I don't care what these celebrities do, like unless there's someone like that involved in this case, I agree with Alex slap on the wrists.
Speaker 1: Right, and I can tell you that Morgan Wallen will not be spending Christmas behind bars. So maybe Alex and you guys are right, because it just seemed like the can got kicked down the road Innshville a little bit. Yeah.
Speaker 5: Yeah, like that's like so like that's like the key place for country to do anything.
Speaker 2: Like he's never gonna have to be accountable.
Speaker 1: His felony chair throwing case is now going to a grand jury. So it's gone bigger because you said there was going to be something this week, which I thought there was going to be to be.
Speaker 4: On the twelfth.
Speaker 3: I googled it yesterday because I was like, doesn't Morgan Walla have a court Nate today? And it was, and it's the twelfth, and then we wake up this morning and it's now this news that it's being So.
Speaker 1: He's got to get out of jail card for the holidays, and the grand jury in that county is going to meet in January, so we'll have to pick up this story in January. Morgan Wallan gets the kind of cruise through Christmas and not worry about this, but still have that looming over his head, that there might be some real jail time at this time.
Speaker 5: If it were you or I that through a chair jail time, we would be in jail on Christmas.
Speaker 1: I don't disagree with you at all.
Speaker 4: I'd put some money on your books. That would be your Christmas present from me.
Speaker 2: Oh, you're welcome.
Speaker 1: Let's give away some tickets. What you got?
Speaker 4: Okay?
Speaker 3: I have the ghost tickets are playing Toyota Center.
Speaker 4: On August.
Speaker 1: It might be like Satanic ghost.
Speaker 2: I guess I don't know.
Speaker 1: I can't wait. Go ahead, Alice, what a s I can't go Satan, go count You're on.
Speaker 5: It was the same as yours, but they're still ghosts.
Speaker 2: Scott.
Speaker 3: See bet you bet you listen when I was talking spirits.
Speaker 1: Now he's a backmasking. I think you nailed it. I can't not been one seventy one, three, two, two, five, nine, four five called her.
Speaker 16: Town Houston, Houston's alternative and tell them at The rod Ryan Morning Show ninety four five the.
Speaker 1: Buzz ninety four to five, Buzz, Good morning, rod Ryan Show. Let's go over to the phones here. Even after all those horrible ghost impressions, people were still calling, believe it or not, good morning, Good.
Speaker 2: Morning, well, hello, who's this.
Speaker 14: Josh Brad.
Speaker 1: This is like our ninth Josh on the show today. Yeah, seems like it. Josh your color number ten? Man?
Speaker 11: What's up?
Speaker 2: Works are?
Speaker 1: What's go? It's what's up over here? What do you get them?
Speaker 3: Okay, dude, you get the tickets to see Ghost and Toyota Centers.
Speaker 6: Awesome, thank you so much?
Speaker 1: And then I can't wait?
Speaker 2: Thanks Josh Ghost.
Speaker 4: Do you believe in them?
Speaker 2: Now?
Speaker 1: I know?
Speaker 2: I mean the band, how they're playing the band?
Speaker 4: What do you think inspired them?
Speaker 1: The nonsense that you come in with every October?
Speaker 7: No?
Speaker 4: Still, what do you think inspired this band?
Speaker 1: There's too many cameras still bring all these cameras have money cameras? Yeah?
Speaker 4: Okay, oh but look at this orbit basic.
Speaker 1: Look at this piece of dust that got caught in a flash online.
Speaker 14: It's Alix online the mud right now?
Speaker 1: Who's on the Kelly Rip Show?
Speaker 4: Sarah Michelle Yeller or.
Speaker 1: Is it Jennifer love Hewett or Melissa Joan Hart?
Speaker 2: Which one is it?
Speaker 4: Sir? That's my guess is Sarah Michelle?
Speaker 1: And that's who's married to Freddie Prince Junior? Three names?
Speaker 4: Yes?
Speaker 1: Okay, friends forever kids. I mistakenly said Jennifer love Hewett married Jnfest this.
Speaker 2: Job, I have the same name, based good job.
Speaker 1: They're all the same person. All right, what do you got it with her?
Speaker 5: Well, today's AOL is about Nobel Prize winners. You're gonna try and see if you can correctly guess who has and has not won a Nobel Prize. But just looking at them, has mother Teresa Ever won her Nobel Prize?
Speaker 2: Oh geez, I.
Speaker 1: Feel like you're trying to trick me. Now, hang on a second. I'm really going to jump on that. I'm gonna say snubbed.
Speaker 2: Nice try, But she did.
Speaker 1: Damn it. I thought you were trying to catch me.
Speaker 5: You did win one in nineteen seventy nine for her humanitarian work with the poor deserved it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I just thought that it was like one of those like how did this? How did she slip by without winning, you know, an award?
Speaker 2: It was a gotcha?
Speaker 5: What about Jay Edgar Oppenheimer, the inventor of the atomic bomb?
Speaker 2: Oh, jimmy, I.
Speaker 1: Watched that movie, but I dozed off like three or four times during anything.
Speaker 2: I might have missed that scene. Probably not.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna say, yes, it's the Peace Prize. Oh, the Peace Prize. No say no thank you.
Speaker 2: So we're gonna know that is correct. He did not well say good job for the atomic bomb.
Speaker 5: But go check it out to see if you can correctly guests who has and has not won a Nobel Prize at the buck Finish rod Ryan showpage.
Speaker 2: The Buzz dot com.
Speaker 14: Oh Christmas from The rod Ryan Show on ninety four five, The.
Speaker 1: Buzz ninety four five, The Buzz Good Morning rod Ryan Show, Lake a Park Lost rod Ryan Show. The same show that's going to announce a Buzzfest. This show right here, this show is going to announce Buzzfest on Friday at eight thirty. And then I think we just went rogue and said we're also going to give away the first pair of tickets. We did it that wizard.
Speaker 2: I mean, it seems a little silly.
Speaker 1: I mean that hasn't come down officially the fund squad, our promotions department. They didn't say anything about giving away a pair of tickets.
Speaker 2: But figure it out.
Speaker 4: It's too bad.
Speaker 1: You know, there's no way we would announce it not give away tickets. That would be silly. It's like.
Speaker 2: We're just doing it'd be silly.
Speaker 5: Like silly like just like like Melissa j Hart most of Joan Heart, Sarah Michelle Geller.
Speaker 1: I want you to keep Melisa Parker Joan Hart out of that trio is not a trio Smith, there's just a duo, okay.
Speaker 2: Jada Pinkett Smith yea.
Speaker 1: I always get Sarah Michelle Geller and Jada Pinkett Smith mixed up. You're right, similar names?
Speaker 2: Uh?
Speaker 1: Jamie Fox? That stand up special is on tonight? Is that a must watch for anyone? Or if you come across it?
Speaker 6: Really?
Speaker 1: I mean, he's nobody's denying that. The dude's one of the most wickedly talented and funny people on the planet.
Speaker 2: I don't disagree with that. Watched the stand up.
Speaker 1: But you know it's not a must watch for you because you're the stand up.
Speaker 5: And then I released the clips and I'll watch the clips, okay, and then maybe I'll watch it.
Speaker 1: The clips are good? Now you're twin? Does he watch Jamie Fox?
Speaker 2: Does he have Does he have Netflix? Yeah?
Speaker 11: He has?
Speaker 5: He went on like a vendetta against a couple of the STREAMI service isn't canceled?
Speaker 1: Chili have Netflix? I think yeah?
Speaker 2: I does? I think he might have got vid to Netflix.
Speaker 4: I think he has no he I think he has it.
Speaker 2: Either has or he hasn't either.
Speaker 4: Oh really okay, yeah he either does or doesn't.
Speaker 1: Chili, Chilli, I think you have Netflix.
Speaker 6: What's the over and under on that?
Speaker 2: Yes or no?
Speaker 4: Thin it's a negative.
Speaker 7: It's one.
Speaker 1: It's fifty and a half probably half of Netflix subscription.
Speaker 2: Does he have one or not?
Speaker 1: Chili? I think you have Netflix.
Speaker 4: I'll take the over.
Speaker 1: I don't have Netflix.
Speaker 2: Oh, I told you.
Speaker 1: I thought he might have canceled.
Speaker 6: It time that was raising the prize and I was just like, dude, I'm done with.
Speaker 5: It in this economy of all places, Alex wins.
Speaker 1: I'm going to give you a pair of Buzzfust tickets Alex.
Speaker 2: Hell yeah, hell yeah.
Speaker 1: Alex is technically the first winner today Netflix diggings he did, Thank you, Chili.
Speaker 2: Why did I think he had Netflix?
Speaker 1: He did have Netflix.
Speaker 2: Hey.
Speaker 1: The last dumb term that.
Speaker 2: We talked about on this show was asion.
Speaker 1: Ze no zebra's zebra zebra zebra striping, which was water. I agree with the I thought the name was dumb. I agree with if you're out partying, if you're at a party, if you're gonna be doing some drinking. Zebra striping was just like the stripes on a zebra. Black white, black white, black white. Drink you know, alcohol, drink water, alcohol, drink water, alcohol, drink water. I just thought the zebra striping was dumb.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was. You went wrong.
Speaker 4: What do we call it? Alternator.
Speaker 1: There's a new thing out there which.
Speaker 2: I might be okay with. Alright, let's hear it.
Speaker 1: Airport rules in everyday life.
Speaker 2: Okay, go off.
Speaker 1: Airport rules in everyday life, such as well, traveling through an airport.
Speaker 2: Not taking your shoes off.
Speaker 1: It can involve a lot of uncontrollable variables. All right, And I am victim. I do I'm not victim, but I do this.
Speaker 2: You're a victim.
Speaker 1: I slip in to treat yourself mode. I ignore my diet, I ignore anything that I've been working on fitness wise, any normal routine. I feel like when I get into an.
Speaker 2: Airport, it's like a foreign country.
Speaker 1: Anything goes. The one thing that I just you know what I've never had in my life. I've never had a cinnabon. I would feel so much fat guilt sitting there stuffing a cinnabon in my mouth. I will let myself go in an airport almost no laws, but I won't allow myself to I'm not really that big of a sweet person to begin with. But they do smell delicious. I understand that smell. I mean the smell you do. All subways smell that good, or just airport subways smell that good, right because of the enclosure the bread.
Speaker 13: Yeah, I don't.
Speaker 1: I don't really like to smell Someway people are a new trend that's gaining popularity is imagining that your everyday life is now in an airport.
Speaker 5: That's just do whatever, and it's helping to reduce stress and anxiety.
Speaker 1: And it's just you're in treat yourself mode like you're in an airport, but it's every day.
Speaker 5: Doesn't an airport like anxiety, Like you're like, I gotta go through security, I gotta do this, like I hope that I remember my stuff.
Speaker 2: I have my pocket night in my pocket.
Speaker 1: Once you get past let's just call it the man, the man. Once you get past the man, the industry, it's like Disney World out there. You can go get a miss, you could buy a neck pillow.
Speaker 2: Smoking cigarette. You could in some places.
Speaker 4: Just pay triple for everything. I don't like it.
Speaker 1: You could play on that big plastic wing with the little kids.
Speaker 18: You can do anything if you have a thousand dollars expensive If you're feeling overwhelmed and exhausted with regular life, airport rules are in effect.
Speaker 1: You're eating pizza for breakfast. Now, you're having a drink at eight in the morning, at eight in the morning, caffeine, energy drinks anytime, comfortable, comfortable clothing, everything's fair game.
Speaker 4: You bring a neck fill everywhere.
Speaker 1: Money means nothing. The time of day it is means nothing. You're you're on airport rules. Like that.
Speaker 5: Just call it the airport and instead of barstools, it's just sitting at airports.
Speaker 2: I kind of like.
Speaker 1: This, Like Jude, you're kind of dressed like a slob today. I'm on airport rules. Okay, I'm sitting here in the middle of this show wearing fuzzy slippers, pajama bottoms, and I'm sipping on a bloody Mary. I'm on airport rules. Yeah, neck pillow, and I'm standing here with a neck pillow.
Speaker 2: I got my headphones in.
Speaker 4: I'm happy for you. I'm also calling a rehab center right now.
Speaker 1: This came from right around the time of an election day. This trend apparently started around the election. So as we head into the holidays, listen, I think it could have some legs. I'm just saying, I think it could. I said this to Chili this morning. I said, could you put up a blog page for this in case somebody wants to jump on the airport rules moving into the holidays. It's not the worst thing that I've heard.
Speaker 2: It's not.
Speaker 1: I of course, somebody will take it too far and they will come in and they'll be shuffling around, shuff When you're wearing slippers, you're shuffling. You're not walking anywhere. You're not even taking real steps. Okay, you're just shuffling, lipping and slothing through life.
Speaker 2: You were just pro this. I'm still gonna lace up, Okay, but I.
Speaker 1: Might just you might see me with the bloody mares.
Speaker 2: Do you have to take at seven o'clock?
Speaker 5: You have to take the slippers off before you go into a tear slip mode.
Speaker 1: Like I'm saying, once you get past the man airport rules, there really is kind of a Vegas casino feel in an airport, doesn't matter what time of day it is.
Speaker 2: I'm like, you know what, I will.
Speaker 1: Take that bag of combos. I haven't had combos in five years. I will take the bag of combos.
Speaker 2: And you know what, I'm not buying magazine.
Speaker 1: I don't even like gummy bears. In the bag of gummy bears. Let's go.
Speaker 2: Do I need new headphones? Should throw them in the bag.
Speaker 1: Tooth speaker go, I'm in a headphone kiosk. I like it.
Speaker 14: This is the Ron Ryan Show on ninety four five of the.
Speaker 1: Buzz or Fo Buzz Corn coming undone like me on airport rules.
Speaker 4: You are coming undone.
Speaker 1: Maybe I do come undone a little bit at the airports. I do mean that.
Speaker 2: I'm a snack. The snack thing in me comes out.
Speaker 1: I'm pretty disciplined now during the during the week, getting at airport, it's like being on a road trip. Walk into BUCkies. Who's got discipline and BUCkies?
Speaker 2: Nobody?
Speaker 1: Nobody?
Speaker 2: I like, Yeah, do you?
Speaker 1: I don't?
Speaker 2: I don't.
Speaker 1: I got to hit it up one more time too. I gotta do smooth and Christmas shopping. When you have people out of town that know the magic of BUCkies and then don't have one at their place, you gotta get them some BUCkies. Absolutely, I gotta make one more trip out there. I'm right in the middle of the one out and Katie and the one out in Baytown. I'm like right in the middle or wherever the other one is.
Speaker 4: Their billboarding is excellent.
Speaker 7: I know.
Speaker 4: It's like, are the ever nuggets? Girl dien?
Speaker 2: But do you know.
Speaker 1: Because I don't have the answer either, But do you know what a billboard caught a lot and they pay for one that says there's a BUCkies in one hundred and forty seven miles from here.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there's still be several like that.
Speaker 1: But they bought a billboard one hundred and forty seven miles away from the next location.
Speaker 2: That billboard's expensive raking it in.
Speaker 1: I understand, like within the first within the ten miles, but one that's one one forty seven away, It's like you gotta.
Speaker 4: Sell like a million beaver nuggets pay for.
Speaker 1: That, and they are selling a million beaver nuggets.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's what it is.
Speaker 1: Part of the Claudie's guys today ten percent chance of rain high of sixty nine. You keep changing nus nice, I know, but you keep it was seventy right there. What are you giving away?
Speaker 7: I know?
Speaker 2: The show.
Speaker 3: I have a pair of tickets to see Gary clarkter your Live.
Speaker 1: Let's have a one thir us a call.
Speaker 2: All right, we have a question for you on the Flip Houston's Rock and The.
Speaker 13: Rod Ryan Morning Show six to ten am.
Speaker 1: The Buzz ninety four or five The Buzz, Good Morning, rod Ryan's Show.
Speaker 2: Let's go.
Speaker 1: L l la la la, time to know the show. Got Gary Clark Junior tickets for you March first, seventy one to three. Music Hall tickets are on sale now ticket Master locations. Uh, what's your question?
Speaker 3: What has rod never used a whole tube of Never She's never done it, sleek, something's going on.
Speaker 1: Never had a margarita? You know what I had within the last two years for the first time in my life. Tell me cotton candy. Never had it, really, never had.
Speaker 4: It this sugar airy air sugar.
Speaker 1: Yep. Just was told no as a child and then just wasn't really in my life that much and wasn't around it. Never had it until London asked for it. I'm like, yeah, let's get it because I want to try it. Yeah, it's gross.
Speaker 4: You don't like it?
Speaker 1: No, I thought it was disgusting, sugar.
Speaker 2: Like a fifty three year old.
Speaker 1: Man trying cotton candy for the first time living. All right, what have I never done? What I've never.
Speaker 4: Used an entire tube of Okay?
Speaker 1: Seven one three, two, one two, five nine four five, prove it that you know the show? Five the bus Offspring, Gotta get away Rod Ryan show, get ready to get out of here. We have an opener or something for this bit.
Speaker 14: Peas now time for know this show on ninety four to five.
Speaker 1: Buzz, We do have an opener for this bit. Okay, I was just told this is no the show. Amy, Good morning, Good morning, Amy. This is called know the show. Do you know the show? Do you know what?
Speaker 2: I know the show?
Speaker 1: Pretty well? That means that you're somewhere in the head of Tessa, which is a scary place to be.
Speaker 2: Scary scary place to be. I shouldn't mind it, Tessa. What's your questioned? Good?
Speaker 4: Good?
Speaker 2: Hey, Amy?
Speaker 4: Tell me what has rod never finished a tube of a.
Speaker 1: Tube of chat stick?
Speaker 4: You believe it? I mean, I mean I can, because I don't think I have either.
Speaker 1: So yeah, nobody on this show has eaten an entire candy cane. Nope, Okay, Amy, have you finished? Have you eaten the candy cane start to finish.
Speaker 4: Oh, I was a fat kid, so I'm pretty sure.
Speaker 7: I'm definitely devoured in hold.
Speaker 1: Eight percent of our audience has, seventeen percent has not. Have you finished off a tube of chapstick?
Speaker 16: I'm frugal, so I think I.
Speaker 2: Have good for you, man. Good. Have you eaten? Have you eaten.
Speaker 1: What is that sponge sugar? Cotton canytten candy?
Speaker 2: What is that sponge sugar?
Speaker 1: Have you eate cotton? Have you ever eaten like a big beehive hairdoo thing of cotton candy before? Dude? Oh? Yeah, yeah, the whole thing about this?
Speaker 2: Well, my kid ate we got the seven dollars.
Speaker 4: One at the Astros game and then he ate like two bites.
Speaker 1: So I'm gonna throw this away.
Speaker 2: I can't throw it away. I gotta eat this whole hive exactly.
Speaker 1: Have you eaten a cinnabon? Oh yeah, cinnabon? Okay? Have you had a margarita?
Speaker 2: Oh yeah? Weekly? Like all the time.
Speaker 1: Amy's living. Amy's living, She's on airport mode. Congratulations, What are you giving her tickets?
Speaker 5: Right?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm gonna give you to see Gary Clark Junior live.
Speaker 4: You definitely know the show.
Speaker 7: Awesome, Thank you'll.
Speaker 1: So what if you had sex on an airplane? Are you in the mile High club?
Speaker 2: That one?
Speaker 1: That one's a bit risky, so help me.
Speaker 7: God.
Speaker 1: If you would have said yes, right, I would have believed you too, I mean, because I mean you've done everything, all right, that's the one thing she hasn't done one thing?
Speaker 2: All right?
Speaker 1: Well, you got your to do list now, all right, Amy, thank you for listening. We gotta go. Why is the carpet wet?
Speaker 2: Todd?
Speaker 1: That was a wild game. It lived up to the hype of the two great players. Absolutely, Why is the carpet wet? Todd pulled it off, though Corey the Goat Hunter is out. You know why he wants? Why is the carpet what? Todd? I just figured it out myself, by the way, Why he wants why is the copp what Todd to win? Because then there'll be another two timer that prevents the Goat from being the only three time champion. Nobody put that together this morning.
Speaker 6: I did.
Speaker 1: I'm like, that's why he wants Todd to win it all, whether Goat Hunter admits it or not. Tattuesday number one link today Chili Brown that reading.
Speaker 2: Was fantastic, That reading was just unbelievable.
Speaker 1: Put that in the rate the Broadcasts Museum or something and at the Marconi. All right, apparently you guys are eating candy canes. They're more of a decorative thing for me. Hang them on the tree and then that's it. Just chuck them or just use them next year if they don't break. I put the broken ones in the back. You can't see now, why is it saying the hype man, the the hype ombre. Is he coming in tomorrow?
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 1: We're doing the pumpkin spice prices, right, So I said, I wanted to avoid this moment. We are playing tomorrow. We are playing tomorrow.
Speaker 4: I did the upside down question mark.
Speaker 1: Alex throws wild Car Wednesday as well. All right, Jeremy's up next. Pick your tickets with him in the one o'clock hour NonStop nooner. He's gonna be hosting that. How many sleeps until the buzzfest announcement, Alex, You're my sleep couver three sleeps until we announced Buzzfests at Rod Ryan's show on All Socials test Us on Houston Life Today at one o'clock and I'm cutting into Jerems time.
Speaker 2: That's it.
Speaker 1: We're on a nineteen hour, fifty nine minute break.
Speaker 11: Yeah, hey, hey, im.
Speaker 1: Well, wasn't that fun. If you missed any of the show today, all the good stuff will be podcast.
Speaker 14: Check it out on the world famous Ron Ryan Show page at the buzz dot com.