Speaker 1: In the sports page with The Orlando Sentinel and FM ninety six nine in the games.
Speaker 2: Mike the Bulldog Beyond you on jr.
Speaker 3: R Bulldog Sports Page, brought you by thunder Warris. That's sort of the Mooster trucks you'll be checking out this weekend. You get a little sneak peek this afternoon though with taco. Yeah, check out that monster truck. Three to five, gonna be at Briggs JCB big equipment deal, your front endloaders, haulers, all that stuff out of John Young Parkway again three to five today we'll have Monster Jam tickets and that it's perfect timing where your kids can get out of school and you can swing them by to check out the truck. WJR dot com slash Events has hell frozen over? I know what is this? Bulldog in studio? Why are you in studio? We haven't seen you at.
Speaker 2: Technical difficulties at the home studio. Oh really yeah, In fact, you guys helped me discover the technical yeaficuilty, so I'm here to fix those today.
Speaker 3: The last couple of days, yeah, the mic was going, but you're in studio.
Speaker 4: We love it.
Speaker 2: By the way, it's National Chili day. Do you guys know that?
Speaker 4: All right?
Speaker 2: Is chili is super not?
Speaker 1: All I know is is gonna be eighty today. That doesn't bode well for Chili Chili today. Hop to Molly, he's on it. When you get him in studio, he's on fire. Can hit you in here more often, I think.
Speaker 3: Look over your shoulder, right back there on top of the fridge. That's biscuits and gravy on Chili Day.
Speaker 2: Nice? Nice? How?
Speaker 4: All right?
Speaker 2: So we were distraught about the Magic's forty point loss to the Cavaliers on Tuesday night. Obviously, all right, you guys are big Magic fans. If they beat Golden State tonight is all forgotten? Is everything better? If they win tonight against the Warriors.
Speaker 4: String a couple together and start feeling better.
Speaker 3: Right, All I know is yesterday the text one at two two five, two six, the majority of well every text that came in said get those signs out of your front yard, Bob. So after tonight, if they lose, I vow I will take the Magic signs down.
Speaker 2: I'll tell you what. The Warriors, I hate to say it, but since they got Jimmy Butler, the disgruntled former Miami Heat player they've been playing really well. There's six and one since they got Jimmy Butler, and everybody's talking out in Golden State. Now Jimmy's different. He's the model team mate. He's showing up at practice early, he's being engaged with the team. Isn't it amazing Once you force your way out of town, you become the model teammate?
Speaker 4: Sure, uh yeah.
Speaker 3: Give it to a give it about a month and then the true colors.
Speaker 2: Although, although if you get a player like that in an organization like Golden State where you have guys like Steph Curry and Draymond Green and Steve Kerr who has a lot of cachet. Uh, you know, I'm not saying he's gonna he's gonna be a you know, a model there forever, but for a couple of years.
Speaker 3: He may work at Golden State, right and may get himself another ring there. So we'll see what happens tonight. Hopefully the magic can get off this night. I'm a little worried about Jalen Suggs now now we keep expecting him to come back any day. Now. Yeah, he's not.
Speaker 2: Even practicing yet, He's not even He's missed thirteen straight games with that thigh contusion.
Speaker 4: The world's worst contusion ever.
Speaker 3: Right, I gotta tell you.
Speaker 2: Just listening to Jamal Moseley talk about Jalen Suggs, he keeps saying, Hey, we're gonna take it slow. I'm wondering. I mean, we're getting close to twenty games left in the season, and I'm not suggesting this is gonna happen, but I'm a little worried they may shut him down here eventually for the rest of the season, which would be bad because again, weren't we led to believe or didn't everybody just sort of figure, hey'll be back after the All Star break, Yeah, and we're Hey, we're a week or two after the All Star break now, and he's still not close. And he's a rock man, so one of them. We'll see what happens. Hopefully, hopefully they can win out you see it. By the way, two in a row now. They beat Kansas State last night college basketball, so maybe they can get on a little late season run. I don't think they're gonna make the NCAA tournament, but they could make. You know, they can make the un it Johnny Dawkins, of course, the coach fighting for his job. I think he'll keep his job for at least one more year, So we'll see what happens there. Forty nine Ers began negotiating Brock Purties new contract. If you're the forty nine ers, after what you've seen him with the Jaguars giving Trevor Lawrence the big contract, the Dolphins giving injury prone Toua the big contract, the Cleveland Browns given to Shaun Watson the big contract. Would you would you pay this guy right now?
Speaker 3: Would you?
Speaker 2: I mean, he's taking his tea into two conference championships in the Super.
Speaker 4: Bowl, hard to argue his resume.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think you pay him.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I guess you got to. I guess you got to. I don't know that would though.
Speaker 3: He's pretty good.
Speaker 4: Hey.
Speaker 3: Speaking of the NFL, I see they're looking at a couple tweaks to the rules, overtime rules, and then it looks like they're going to use the electronic measurement to confirm first downs next season.
Speaker 2: I sort of like the old guys running out on the field with the change. They're still going to have the chains, but they're not going to run out on the field and do the little stretch.
Speaker 3: The chains are they?
Speaker 4: I don't know.
Speaker 3: Well, I guess there'll be a backstop now in case the electronic system goes down.
Speaker 2: Well, I like the old guys stra that's sort of an exciting.
Speaker 3: It is, but it's always left that. You got some home cooking going on here. Yeah, and screwed up some call. Yeah, definitely.
Speaker 2: I do like the the over, but you got to change that.
Speaker 3: Both teams need to get the ball in the uh.
Speaker 4: They want to make it uniform with what they do when overtime.
Speaker 2: It's in the playoffs, right, the team who gets the ball first and scores a touchdown shouldn't be able to just win the game without the other team getting the ball, right, So hopefully they're going to change that. So we'll see what happens.
Speaker 3: Happened that and alsoy it sounds like this rumor that got going at the Gronk was considering a comeback. He shot that down yesterday pretty quickly.
Speaker 2: I mean he's been how long has he been out now?
Speaker 4: Two years? Three? Three? Right?
Speaker 2: Yeah, and he was already beat up.
Speaker 4: He's got a good life man to go back.
Speaker 2: And he's not a great commentator though.
Speaker 3: He still has a great life. He's just his personality you know gets him by with that, Yeah, larger than life and you put him in those what aarp commercials or those alone. I like it supposedly too.
Speaker 2: He's been really good with his money, like he's never spent, like he never spent any of his salary. Mind when yeah, he was just living on off of you know, endorsements and all that stuff.
Speaker 3: Good for him, Good for him, absolutely.
Speaker 2: So what else we got?
Speaker 4: Lightning back on the ice tonight? See if they could keep their hot streak they get home against Calgary. See you have they can keep things going in the right direction as the regular season and hockey starts to get in a home stretch. Absolutely, all right, bulldog, It was good to see you. Man.
Speaker 3: We haven't seen him since COVID I know, are you no? We yeah, yes, we have it maybe a client event and one other time he came in and said, I stunk like like stale beer? Did you did? I had a boys night out the night before?
Speaker 4: Do you like the new Uh? Now that I for is done, isn't that nice? The new lanes?
Speaker 2: I've never used the new ones? Are you kidding me?
Speaker 4: Insinuating that you haven't been this way in a while.
Speaker 3: Hey, do you guys use the new hell Yeah, yeah, because we're on the roads like later in the day.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they're getting ready to raise them like three dollars per segment or something.
Speaker 3: Well at all, it's it's it's dynamic tolling now based on congestion. You got to get some place on.
Speaker 2: We pay taxes for our roads until we have to pay extra te we don't have.
Speaker 4: To drive into express lines.
Speaker 3: We ain't getting into that whole topic. We've been talking about it for days. All right, Hey, are you going to be in here tomorrow? Perhaps? Yeah, come on Friday with the Dolts.
Speaker 4: You can hear The Bulldog weekday mornings on AM seven forty ninety six nine The game on at Jason Dust. Thanks for taking time out of your show to join us for the sports page here on JR on Doggie
Speaker 2: Oh Richendago on demand to download the iHeartRadio app.