Speaker 1: You're listening to Later with Moe Kelly on demand from KFI AM six.
Speaker 2: Forty JFI Mo Kelly and Marshall Collier. Now as it's Tech Thursday here we're live everywhere on the iHeartRadio app and Marshall Collier. I am a Google person through and through. The ecosystem is perfect for me and my lifestyle. I like to have the Google Chrome and all my browser tabs or my bookmarks wherever I go, if I lock it on my phone or a work computer, whatever. But also beyond that, how I can use it with my phone for things like Google Lens.
Speaker 3: Well before the iPhone people come off the line, so you got to come back, folks.
Speaker 4: iOS.
Speaker 3: Google Lens is available for the iPhone, believe it or not. So what we're going to what I got to tell you about it. I love Google Lens, but they have put some improvements in it. And I'll just give you a little thing that just happened.
Speaker 4: The other night.
Speaker 3: We were watching Only Murders in the Building and Meryl Streep comes out and she is wearing this really great jacket.
Speaker 4: This jacket was fabulous.
Speaker 3: So I froze the TV, I turned on Google Lens, and I mean it looked like a custom jacket, and indeed it is. And I found some weird company who called it Meryl Streep Season whatever it was jacket from only murders in the building.
Speaker 2: Let's back up for people who don't know what Google Lens is. I can take a picture of something, I can look at something with my phone and it's basically going to do a search for me of items which are that or closely mimic it exactly.
Speaker 3: And I found the three stores on the internet that had that jacket, and I went around for the lowest price because the descriptions were the same. And I'll get it eventually.
Speaker 4: I'll wear it for you. But if it's like Shazam except for products, for products and it well.
Speaker 3: And also like if you're fixing something at home and you need a special screw or you need a certain he's ranch or side.
Speaker 4: I've done that a bunch of times.
Speaker 3: Right, You just tap on the Google Lends icon. You can bring it over to the front of your phone. I don't know how it works for you iPhone people, but it's right on the front of my phone. I tap it. It says use your camera. Tap that little button and it takes a picture. Now, think about this. Remember I just told you I just bought this jack and it was a deal too.
Speaker 4: I was shocked. It was a great deal.
Speaker 3: Yeah, probably some fake website. Yeah that's true, but I bought it through Google Pay, so there's some sort of guarantee. Anyway, if you're in a store, just think about this. You take a picture of the box or the item. You use Google lens to take a picture. Now you do that when you're standing in the store. It'll bring up detailed information on the product that you're not going to see on the box. It's going to show you pages with customer reviews, what stores carry it, what different stores charged for it, and if there are nearby retailers who have them and also similar products.
Speaker 2: I have to interrupt you there because my wife and my mother, now because we've shown her how to do it, they swear by this. My wife will be in the stores like, oh I like those shoes, click click click click, and then she'll either order them immediately from Amazon at lower price, or find some of the place where it's a lower price.
Speaker 4: Right on the spot. Right.
Speaker 3: I mean, this has really made shopping. I can't even imagine how we used to do it in the Remember we used to call every store, excuse me, do you have do.
Speaker 2: You have this in a size nine right white trim?
Speaker 3: And then you had to wait like ten minutes for the guy to walk around the store and come back.
Speaker 4: And see if they had it, and.
Speaker 3: Stop, but do you have it in red? So you know that was a big mess. But Google uses AI image recognition technology, and you if you're in a store, you need to be sharing your location data because that's the only way if they can tell you there's a store down the street that has the same thing. But beauty products, toys, electrical goods all share their inventory data with Google.
Speaker 4: Stores such as Macy's.
Speaker 3: Target, Walmart, as well as Amazon, so think about it. So seventy two percent of Americans say they use their smartphone while they're in store. More than half save they've left a store empty handed because they did and feel confident enough to buy. Now, if you use the Google lens to get all the information on your product, you can make your decision on that. You don't have to go home and think about it.
Speaker 4: I swear by this. You don't have to sell me.
Speaker 2: I'm just surprised more people don't know about it and haven't utilize it as a function of just their day to day living. Anything I can't figure out from ooh that's an interesting car, or any item that I might want to buy instant, Google lens instantly.
Speaker 4: Absolutely.
Speaker 3: You know, we change as a society and we forget about certain things. Like I was talking to somebody about KFI just this morning and they said, well, I can't listen to it. I don't have a radio. People don't you don't have a radio at home. I mean, you know there's that big talk talk about AM radios and cars, But an AM radio will save your bacon, believe you. When I was in the north Ridge earthquake, if it wasn't for AM radio, I.
Speaker 4: Would have been in trouble.
Speaker 2: But the other side of that is, even though we all know the utility of AM radio, unless you are intentional and conscious of going to the store and buying an AM radio for emergency situations, most people are not going to think about it. And the other portion of society we know how to get our AM stations because of the iHeartRadio app or some other app.
Speaker 3: Well, we've just given the tech gift of the week. Yes, we have for the holidays. Get someone who doesn't have one, who didn't even know you could get news and talk on AM radio. Get them in AM radio. And the search that I use is the best signal AM radios because I AM radio can be a little bit touchy when you're talking about in the house. Oh yes, we have a bowse and kind of.
Speaker 4: To put it to the window and hang up then.
Speaker 3: But seriously, that's a great gift for anybody in case of an emergency, and you can get them pretty or you can get them with a hand crank in case there's a power.
Speaker 2: You're given such great gyms tonight any particular reason, Like you're like you're in the zone.
Speaker 4: As they say in basketball.
Speaker 3: It's shopping, man, it's shopping. I love using technology for well for oh you know, for things that people will actually use. I mean, we've been yapping about this AI. This is where ay I is paying off. Yes, yes, I don't really care about the quantum computing is very important and it's going to do a lot, but it's not going to help me right now and probably not in my lifetime. So I like talking to people about stuff you can really use. And you know, I was just looking at a Christmas Tree. I saw some really cool ornaments and I used Google lens. Where did they sell those? Oh, they happened to sell it at all, Dick on Supulvita.
Speaker 4: Well, there you go. There you go if you just tune in.
Speaker 2: Marsha Collier joining us in studio as she usually does during the week, sometimes on Tuesday. Now she's back on Thursday when we come back. Marsha, I don't know if you heard my conversation earlier this week when I was talking about wearables are medical information it being available on platforms which are connected to the cloud, How that invariably is going to be used against us that I know you have some thoughts about that when we come back.
Speaker 4: Oh, you know, I do.
Speaker 2: It's Later with Mo Kelly, can't I Am six forty live everywhere in the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 1: You're listening to Later with Moe Kelly on demand from KFI AM six forty.
Speaker 4: Kelly and Marsha Collier.
Speaker 2: I've everywhere on the iHeartRadio app, and I already know where Marsha Callier. I think I know where she's going to come out on this. I was talking about my pixel watch earlier the week and how I love to watch my heart rate, resting heart rate, how many steps I get in in a given day. I'm trying to get twenty thousand steps a day each day this week.
Speaker 4: Look at you. As a matter of fact, I'm at health.
Speaker 2: I wouldn't say that eleven five hundred steps right now for the day, I have a ways to go. But when I get home, I'm going to work out again, so i'll get there.
Speaker 4: Will you wear my watch?
Speaker 2: I remember my wife and she's gonna get mad at me for staying this. One day she took her her watch and put it on one of the dogs to run around the house. I said, I don't know if it's going to register, but you can try. And one time she put her on a ceiling fan. It's like, you were just a cheat.
Speaker 4: Love your cheater, Love you, you're a cheater.
Speaker 2: But anyhow, it's recording health data, right and I have fitbits, so it is being stored on an online cloud platform which can be hacked at any time.
Speaker 3: But wait a minute, we happen to address the elephant in the room. Fitbit is being discontinued by Google. Yes, yes, so what happens now, Well that that data has to go somewhere I assume. Well, let's also tell the listeners that if you're looking at a fitbit because they're cheap right now, there's a reason.
Speaker 4: There's a reason why they're cheap right now.
Speaker 3: And if you'd rather buy one that may not be supported, may not have a thing something going in the future, and may have repair problems, think about it.
Speaker 4: I would be where I am not buying a Fitbit.
Speaker 2: I have a pixel Watch, which is integrated with fitbit technology. I don't know going forward whether Google's going to have its own proprietary.
Speaker 4: They already have their own.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I know they have Google fit and I assume that they will somehow bridge the gap. I just don't know what it's going to look like.
Speaker 3: Said, yeah, I don't know what it's going to look like either, But right now, I just don't think would pick this year.
Speaker 4: No, no, no, no, give a gift.
Speaker 3: Of a smart watch speaking of and I know the hell hold it is the X. It's just difficult place, but it is your only key to using Grock. Grock is Elon Musk's or X's AI. It is being trained masterfully. Now, remember you've got Gemini from Google. You've got I guess it's Siri from my phone, Apple Intelligency f and you know they're all out there sucking data, but this one's particularly on gro.
Speaker 5: Uh.
Speaker 3: GROC is on X and Elon had posted they want to train it to make it a medical diagnostic tool, and he asked people to load medical test results cts, bone skin, hands so that GROC can learn how to interpret them. So, you know, MRI is the whole thing a lot of people have. It's in its early stages, but the more it sees, the more it'll learn.
Speaker 2: In the hopes of ultimately that it would be a medical tool in and of itself.
Speaker 3: Yes, And what I like about GROC is the fact that they're open about what they're doing and why they want you to share the information. And sharing the information to GROC is voluntary, unlike the twelve page terms of service that you have to sign on the other things.
Speaker 4: Can you do it blindly or is does it know that it's my MRI.
Speaker 3: No, you can do it blindly. It goes on your account, let's say gotcha. But you know, it could be your dog, it could be your cousin, it could be anybody. So it seems in the beginning it's fully analyzed blood test results, and some users said it identified breast cancer, but it also grossly misinterpreted a bunch of other things. Some physician posted that they put a textbook case of tuberculosis up on GROC, and GROC said it was a herniated disc.
Speaker 2: So GROC is going to fail as medical boards at this point, not ray for prime time exactly.
Speaker 3: The bot also mistook a mammogram of benign breast cysts for an image of testicles. So so we have a little ways.
Speaker 4: To go with all of this.
Speaker 6: Tomato tomorrow, Yeah right, But I think that these has a second opinion will be valuable because we can't escape them.
Speaker 3: When you get your blood test results, right and your doctor gives you all that bolgoney from that, don't you jubble check it on the internet.
Speaker 4: And of course I look at the charts in the high range and low range.
Speaker 2: It's like, okay, my cholesterols in a higher range or whatever the numbers say.
Speaker 4: So I can understand for myself.
Speaker 3: Right, I mean, my cholesterol is only one hundred and thirty seven, but I have a problem with my small particles of some I don't know. You know, I'm not a doctor, so incomes GROC. And I'm not using GROC as an example because when the transparency comes to the other you can still upload all this stuff to chat GPT also they will do. But until there becomes one that becomes a specialist in the medical stuff, I really wouldn't be relying on it.
Speaker 4: No, no, no matter.
Speaker 3: And a lot of people are and it's valuable, and I plan on putting dental X rays up.
Speaker 4: You know something, you know, But is this any different?
Speaker 2: I know it is, but I think of it in terms of when we get some information, we get on web in d and we go down the WebMD hole and we think we're trying to self diagnose ourselves, and.
Speaker 3: Okay, so you take a look at that of what we're doing, you know, and after we got the blood test, like what we said, we do think of AI as your brain looking at the blood test. But it has a bazillion sources for it to look at and compare data, and don't it isn't slow like us with thinking or reading or listening. It can look at a bazillion sources and maybe eventually do the job and give you a good second opinion.
Speaker 2: Well, I've always thought of AI in the analogy of it's now in elementary school, and by the time it gets to high school, college, postgraduate, which may be literally ten to fifteen years from now, we may have something that can do what it was originally designed or hope.
Speaker 4: To do exactly.
Speaker 3: And the only way it can do that is by getting these things uploaded to them and seeing if they can read the diagnostic or something. I don't know how you can tell it it was wrong or anything.
Speaker 4: Well.
Speaker 2: I think of this the AI in a conceptual sense. We were talking about Google lends. It looks at something, it identifies something, it relates it to something in its database.
Speaker 4: This is not all that different.
Speaker 2: If it looks at certain results, it can identify it and then relate it.
Speaker 3: A few years ago, before the pandemic, I was working with IBM and remember their famous computer.
Speaker 4: Watson, right Watson.
Speaker 3: Watson had a deal with the MD Anderson MD Anderson Cancer Hospital in Texas and they were going to use it for diagnostic purposes and just what I said, just what I said, they didn't have enough samples. They really didn't know what they were looking at. The project was abandoned eventually, and that was really sad because it could be a great tool in discovering cancers and things like that.
Speaker 2: I thought Watson was going to be the leader, maybe because I was sucked in by Jeopardy shows and which was beating everyone.
Speaker 3: Well, you know, IBM has a good PR department. But then again, Watson is we tossed in quantum computing, which I will save that for the new year to explain what quantum computing is.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's going to leave all what we conventional computing in the disk.
Speaker 3: Exactly exactly, but that's where Watson will go. I mean that would be Watson will be like a nineteen ninety five PC when it comes to quantum computing.
Speaker 2: I know, you remember the old IBM computers that were size of bookshelves and the tape, the analog tape was was running in them.
Speaker 3: One of my first jobs was in a place and they had keyboard. They had a room with just the computer. I think it was an IBM three sixty, I'm not sure. And they had these giant tapes and they had these stations where these people sat at the desk right, yes, And they had stacks of key punch cards which were about the size of a number ten envelope. It was a heavyweight card and there were holes punched in it, and the holes were punched in because these people would type in data and the proper holes would be punched in the card. So then a giant stack of these cards would be put in a hopper and they were into the computer. Did you like that?
Speaker 4: THO was more time? Got it? Okay?
Speaker 3: Okay, that's a sounder, right. But anyway they go into the computer, they'll be transferred to the tape and outwood come data and this would still be faster than anybody could do it without.
Speaker 4: That's what they use basically for the Moon missions exactly. There was more.
Speaker 3: Technology in iPhones and android phones maybe ten years ago than there was in the Redstone rocket that Alan Shepherd went up in.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, well look it's growing exponentially. Who knows what the technology and AI will look like in ten years, just ten years.
Speaker 3: But we're going to keep you posted on the fun stuff because really, you know, I'm no Einstein, that's the truth.
Speaker 2: But we'll go through this together. Martial Cargo is always great to see.
Speaker 3: Thank you Moe, and have a happy Thanksgiving everybody.
Speaker 4: Hey, are you coming out to pastathon on December third? We'll check you count check calendar because I don't know where it is.
Speaker 2: As long as the Anaheim White House, Okay, you know if you're going to be there.
Speaker 4: Yes, all of the KFI lineup will be there.
Speaker 3: I think maybe I think I need post.
Speaker 4: Which is the date again? December three, that's the day before my birthday. Yes, you'll be twenty four.
Speaker 3: Everybody can see that. If I show up, I'll see you soon.
Speaker 1: All righty, you're listening to Later with Moe Kelly on demand from KFI AM six forty with.
Speaker 5: Moo Kelly on k.
Speaker 2: Six Live Everywhere on the iHeartRadio app, and the headline is Lebron James, obviously superstar with the Los Angeles Lakers. He announced yesterday that he's leaving social media. It's unclear whether he's leaving it temporarily or if it's going to be permanently. He gave the indication that was probably going to be temporarily, but he's at least going to take a break from social media. He said that he was going to leave X but that's a part of his larger social media presence. He posts the most or did post the most on X Slash Twitter, and I know that he can be polarizing with some of his posts, but he said Lebron James said he's leaving due to the level of negativity. This is something that I have a complex view of Lebron James. I'm not necessarily his biggest fan in a basketball sense, but I can respect that he's one of the game's greatest players. This is year twenty two and he's still at the top of his game. He's one of the best to ever do it. I don't think he's one of the best Lakers because he hasn't been with the Lakers long enough to earn that distinction. He's only won one ring and I'm a Magic Johnson fan to the very end. But I can understand what he is saying, and I can understand on a very small level what he likely has been feeling, if only because if you are a public figure, or at least if you're on social media with your real name, your real face, and they know that you are the person monitoring that account, not just some publicists, not some intern there may be an addition to you, but they know that Lebron James looks at his own social media accounts the type of vitriol that you're going to receive from, in his case, millions of people who are nameless, faceless who don't have any reservation to say whatever they want about whom ever they want, including him, his son, family members, whatever. And if you've ever really been on social media, and I don't assume everyone has, but if you've ever been on social media, you know that there is no limit and there is no basement as to what people will say, and they'll do it under the cover of anonymity. And if you are a public figure like Lebron James, you cannot respond in the way that they've come at you. And I understand that on a very small level, because I know how people will come at me on social media at key right right, you'll find me on x at mister mo Kelly, or you won't. But the point is they'll hide their face, they'll hide their profile, or be a private profile, or be a fake picture, no bio, and they will say absolutely anything, knowing good and well, if they said it in person to either Lebron James or any reasonable individual, they would get knocked the f out.
Speaker 4: They would, they would.
Speaker 2: But you know, anonymity is almost like liquid courage, and it provides an opportunity for people to say things knowing that they're at going to reach the person that they wouldn't say normally. And we're all people, and after a certain point you may just get tired of it. I know that all the stuff that's been said to me, and I'm not some victim. I'm just saying, as a statement of fact, all the things which are said to me, I cannot respond in kind. At times i'd like to, and I can be very creative in how I respond, and I can have some fun with it, and sometimes I can tee you up. I can post what you say that I can come with some sort of witticism and return and then block you. But I cannot say the things that you say to me. Lebron James cannot say the things that you say to him. And just because you make millions and millions of dollars, it does not mean that you have some sort of right to say whatever you want to that person. It doesn't mean that because he or she is on social media that you and then are entitled to say whatever. Now I'm not saying this against the law. This is not a free speech conversation. This is a decency conversation. And I talk about this with Tula all the time. You are free in a legal sense to say just about whatever you want, whatever insult you want. Just know, especially with Tuala, if you say that same issue person, there's a freedom of response that free speech works both ways, and the response may not be what you want. I'll give you a perfect example. I could walk up to Mark Roner and say, hey, you a whole.
Speaker 4: You wouldn't dare I wouldn't. I wouldn't because I love you too much.
Speaker 2: But hypothetically, if I were to say hey, you a whole and then hit you in the face, you know I can control what I do, but I can't control how you would respond.
Speaker 7: I would turn the other cheek mom, not if you're driving. Oh I didn't say which cheek, Okay.
Speaker 2: My point is I understand why someone like Lebron James would take a step back and the common refrain that I hear is no need to announce you're leaving.
Speaker 4: This is not an airport. Yeah.
Speaker 2: I get that, and there is something to that, But at the same time, I don't begrudge him for doing it and saying it, if only because he's sending a message that sometimes it is too much and sometimes you think that it's okay to say whatever you want, however you want, about whomever you want to that person or the people in their family. But it does, it does pile up after a while, it does, and you can't have it both ways. You can't say in the sense of okay you want to. There is something I would say cool air quotes about having people that you can reach like a Lebron James, because twenty years ago, before social media, there's no way you'd ever be able to contact Lebron James. You can write a letter to the Lakers or something and maybe you guys get a response, you know, fan mail in a traditional sense.
Speaker 4: But now you can.
Speaker 2: Reach just about whoever you want, including politicians, entertainers, athletes, because of social media, because more times than not they actually maintain their own social media accounts. And you can have a conversation with Lebron James. He may not always acknowledge what you say, but there's a good chance that he may see what you've said. And people take that to the nth degree and they try to say the most outlandish things in the hopes that he'll either see it and or respond.
Speaker 4: If you're still.
Speaker 7: On Twitter, and I know you've left MO, but William Shatner is still on Twitter and he has been taking on assorted trolls and he has he has still got his wits about him one hundred percent. It's been really entertaining watching him take people down who think they're going to take a run at a ninety three year old man.
Speaker 2: And he has I would say, the blessing of being at a point in his life where there really aren't any consequences to anything that he does.
Speaker 4: He can say whatever he wants. You can't cancel him.
Speaker 2: It's not like you want to get his show canceled, to him kicked off of something.
Speaker 4: There's nothing for him to lose.
Speaker 7: Well, and he's just provoked by a bunch of morons who are nothing more than trolls. They're not even funny. They're just saying rude things because they can, and generally anonymously, which to me is just a massive mark of cowardice. Matter if you're coming at a public figure who everybody knows their name their identity and yours isn't public as well, you're a coward.
Speaker 4: I say it all the time, all the time.
Speaker 2: If you're going to talk mess to me, at least come with your real name, your real photo, and a public profile, because I'm doing it. At least meet me halfway. And I get any number of people who want to say some slick stuff on one of my social media pages, and I say, look, you can do that on your page.
Speaker 4: You can do whatever.
Speaker 2: You can say whatever you want about me, and I won't say anything on your page or even official KFI page, But if you come to my social media then you're gonna have to act like you have some home training in some manners.
Speaker 4: I'm being serious. It's not a lot to ask. It's not a lot.
Speaker 2: I am not going to provide a space for you to just come and insult me racially or otherwise. And I'm supposed to take it well because you know my page is public. No, my pages are public because they're for a friends, family, and if you happen to like what I do, beautiful, but that's not a license for you to act like an ass.
Speaker 4: No.
Speaker 7: I actually don't think the Internet should be anonymous.
Speaker 2: I'm waiting, and I know Clubhouse tried to do it to a certain degree. I'm waiting for these social media sites to actually require some sort of identity verification to get a profile, and that will be probably the best social media site. But social media platforms and providers they don't want to do that because it limits the amount of engagement, It limits the amount of users for all to talk about we hate bots controls. No, they don't, because they still want the unique users. They still want that interaction, they still want that movement of the platform.
Speaker 7: I think if enough people migrate away from the places that have just become sewers, and I wouldn't dream of naming any place in specific, they're gonna get the message sooner or later.
Speaker 2: We'll see, we'll see. I mean, because they always talk about freedom of speech. Well, part of freedom of speech is freedom to leave. And people will leave and they will spend their time and their you know, and their energy in places that they feel is most beneficial or most enjoyable. You know, I have a problem with threads. Right now, you get on threads, everybody's asking a dumb ass question that they could have found out just two seconds of Google. It's like why is the sky blue? And they do it what they call rage bait, knowing that people are going to say, why the hell are you posting this? Why are you doing this dumb ish and so threads is just turned is i'll say, regressed into just stupid banter.
Speaker 7: So threads is nothing but that and AI generated MILFs as far as I can tell.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, it's like, okay, this is not a real profile. This is just like five pictures you put up yesterday and all of a sudden you want to know about me.
Speaker 4: Nah, not falling for it.
Speaker 2: It's the Later with Mo Kelly CAFI AM six forty live everywhere on the iHeartRadio app. In fact, I'm going to continue this conversation into the next segment because I have some other thoughts I want to share on this, as far as leaving social media and some of you trolls out there who think you slick.
Speaker 1: You're listening to Later with Moe Kelly on demand from KFI AM six forty.
Speaker 2: Fourteenth Annual KFI Pastathon is here. Chef Bruno's charity, Katerina's Club, provides more than twenty five thousand meals every week to kids in need in southern California.
Speaker 4: Your generosity makes it happen. There are three ways to help.
Speaker 2: You can donate now at KFIAM six forty dot com Forward Slash Pastathon, and you can shop at any Smart and Final store and donate any amount at checkout. You can head into any Wendy's restaurant in southern California and donate five dollars or more and get a coupon book for Wendy's Goodies. And of course, our all day live broadcast from the Anaheim White House will be on Giving Tuesday, which is December third. Come on out and see us anytime from five am through later with Mo Kelly ending at ten pm. Donate on site drop off pasta and or sauce donations. As always, one hundred percent of your donation goes to Katarita's Club. We have some special events coming up Tomorrow and Saturday. Tomorrow, Tim Conway Junior will be broadcasting live at the brand New with DS in Mission via Ho which is two three zero two to two Alicia Parkway. Come by and say hello to Tim and the Gang. Donate five dollars or more in store and get a coupon book. And also Saturday, from two to five pm, The Folk Report with Neil Silvaga will be broadcasting live at Spartan Final in Lake Forest, which is two three six three one El Toro Road. Come by, say hello to Neil, Maybe get a Thanksgiving turkey and make a donation KFI Pastathon And if you can't do it there, you can always do it at pastathon dot com and get all the information there. If I got some time, maybe I'll roll out and say hello to Neil. Haven't seen him in a while because our schedules are so different. But you know, Lake Forest is a long ass drive.
Speaker 4: But I'll do it for Deal.
Speaker 2: I'll do it for Deal before we finish up this hour, and I'll be joined on the line by Sarah Brightman, one of the greatest sopranos of all time, that's coming up at the top of the hour. Before we do that. Got to finish this conversation talking about social media. And I am understandably older than most when it comes to this social media generation.
Speaker 4: I came up prior to social media.
Speaker 2: I am much more aggressive when it comes to a holes. I just am and people say some stuff online they wouldn't dare say in person. If you want to have a discussion with me, and I can't speak for anyone else, if you want to have a discussion with me, it's like, well, I heard you say X, Y and Z and I really got a problem with that, or I think you're wrong.
Speaker 4: I am all for that.
Speaker 2: You can send me a direct message on Instagram or on Facebook and we can have that discussion. You can be snarky, you can be smart, alec good, But the moment you start with personal insults, we've crossed into a different type of interaction, really different.
Speaker 4: And I got to remind folks, you don't know me like that.
Speaker 2: I don't care if you hate everything. I have to say, you don't know me like that. And I don't speak to anyone directly. I have people reach out to me and say you said this and I was offended and you were talking about me, and.
Speaker 4: Say, I don't know who you are, dude. I talk about stuff.
Speaker 2: I talk about Lacity Council, I talk about homelessness, I talk about Metro. I'm not talking about any particular person or group, and I'm very conscious of that. I don't talk about groups of people that is not by coincidence, because I'm aware of how people can misinterpret that. I talk about people's specific people's behavior. I talk about Diddy and his specific behavior. I don't talk about a group of people I'm talking about him. I may talk about the methods employed by a group of people and I say, hey, when you're protesting this way or that way, it's ineffective.
Speaker 4: But I'm not insulting the group of people.
Speaker 2: But sometimes people take it very personally and they come at me on social media and they want to make personal remarks, usually Rachel.
Speaker 4: And here's something about that.
Speaker 2: Since I think about it, know that when you racially insult me, you're not only racially insulting me.
Speaker 4: That's inclusive of everyone who looks like me.
Speaker 2: That's inclusive of my mother, that's inclusive of my sister, that's the inclusive of Tuola Sharp, that's an inclusive of everyone in my family friends. So you have to remember if you want to go there with me, it's going to be received very differently. You're not only talking about me, and I only ask for a modicum of respect.
Speaker 4: That's it.
Speaker 2: We can debate, we can disagree, but once you start with personal insults, Stefani'll tell you block immediate Moe.
Speaker 4: You are such a freaking block, you know, oh Tuala.
Speaker 2: Remember the time where you had someone inbox you saying that you need to like whop my ass to get myself in shade.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, oh yeah. There have been too many occasions where people have gotten beside themselves. I remember one classic moment where someone was hurling insults behind a fake profile, and the threats that this individual received and were turned were such that he was very uncomfortable. And when you said, I dare you, I dare you put up a real profile so I can see who I'm talking to. And he eventually put up a photo, his real photo of himself, and he was differently abled. He was in a wheelchair, and this, that and the other, and it's like, come and say that in my face. And I think its response was that's very rude. I can't I remember that. Yeah that, And it was like, now you see, now you see how it really is when you really really try to tell when you want to cross that line, and as you see all the time, turn me back into the old meat. Yeah, then it's a different story. That's why I'm off at. I can't even enjoy your witty comebacks anymore because I get too amped up.
Speaker 4: Social media is not for people like us. It's just not Yeah, people.
Speaker 2: Don't know me like that. I'm the person who's been had his life threatened. Who would go to music industry events and shooting may pop off. It's like the social media does not phase me. If you have something to say to me, then we can talk about it as men. But I that's the thing I couldn't deal with X because someone always has something to say anonymously about some stuff that usually wasn't even true, making up stuff saying well you said this, No I didn't, Yes, you did. I have a damn podcast. This is not a debate. This is not a debate. That was always my favorite when they would accuse you of saying something when you were not even on the air at that time.
Speaker 4: Oh that's even different. You know that. I look, I sailed this to say.
Speaker 2: I understand why Lebron James may say, you know what, I'm going to take a step back.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna take a step back. And you can call him a cowward, you can call him anything.
Speaker 2: I'm just saying, if you had to deal with what someone like Lebron James had to deal with, and you had to use your real face, your real name, you probably would change some of your real behavior. It's later with mo Kelly kfim six forty Live Everywhere, in the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 3: Your Vaccine for Stupidity Ki and the kost HD two.
Speaker 4: Los Angeles, Orange County live everywhere on the radio