Speaker 1: Oh, here we go, here we go, Come on, good morning.
Speaker 2: This is Ed McMahon and now ladies and gentlemen, keee ride ryear, okay, here we go. Wakey, wakey, hands off, snakey Rob Ryan show check it in hump Day Wildcard Wednesday, and it's a big week here everyone.
Speaker 1: We're just talking about it.
Speaker 2: Everyone's excited about Buzzfest. It's going down on Saturday. It's the week we give away pit passes on the air, and we will do just that seven twenty this morning, pit Passes the Buzzfest.
Speaker 1: Now back up home room. Kenny's going for win number five, fresh out of bed. Head to head challenge. Who's been in the Hall of Fame eight times. I think he wants to make it nine. He's got a huge target on his back. Everyone's gunning for him. Does Kenn he make it in Probably you gotta someone's got to challenge.
Speaker 2: Him this morning.
Speaker 1: All right, I'm just I'm just gonna say that.
Speaker 2: Alice Cooper Judas Priest Legends, we're giving away tickets to go see them on the fun Fact Flashback today at eight twenty.
Speaker 1: We've gotta get mo involved in some of these games.
Speaker 3: Here.
Speaker 1: We're gonna have Chili come in. It's Chili versus Alex versus Mo. The Shout It Out Loud Game. Oh, I've been all as the Shouterer game. Yeah, and I've been told Moe doesn't like games. I don't know. I didn't even ask her. I'm like, and I don't think you've heard this game before, the Shout It Out Loud Game.
Speaker 2: We're gonna have three of you guys in here in studio at the same time. That's at a twenty. If you think I'm telling you how to play, I'm not. Oh, one thousand.
Speaker 1: Dollars alternative alternative income.
Speaker 2: We're gonna give you a shot at one thousand dollars at nine ten. We'll start that off at the last week for that. Chris Isaac tickets on No The Show. Ten percent chance of rain, mostly cloudy today, hies of around ninety one. Good Morning Moon's headlines.
Speaker 4: Hey, number five is back in jail.
Speaker 1: Where do we go?
Speaker 5: In the continuing saga of the Nola ten as Rod decided to call that. Okay, the fifth New Orleans jail escapee has been captured, and so my first question where was he? Well, he was at his grandmother's house.
Speaker 1: Well of course. I mean, who's gonna make you the best red beans and rice? Ever? Is Grandma?
Speaker 5: I have so many further questions, like, now, is Grandma going to be in trouble for harboring a criminal?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: I think so.
Speaker 5: Who turned him in? Was it Grandma? I want to know lots of things. But if you do the math, we now have five other escapees still on the run, up to twenty thousand dollars in rewards being offered for information leading to the capture of each escapee. Police obviously zeroing in on these people, but also looking at the facility and why it all happened. And yesterday a maintenance worker was arrested for his help in the escape. He says the inmates threatened to shank him if he didn't help, so I reason.
Speaker 1: Too, I don't want to shanked. So he turned off the water so they could rip the crapper out.
Speaker 2: Of the wall so no water would come out. Yeah, and then that's.
Speaker 1: Where the crapper ten. The crapper ten, All right, they went, that's funny.
Speaker 5: Okay, Hey, I have an update in the case of the man that fell from the bleachers at the Pirates baseball game. Yeah, the guy's twenty two year old friend who was with him at the game is now facing charges for buying alcohol. For the twenty year old guy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we wonder he was underage.
Speaker 2: I knew he was underage, and we were I think we talked about it. Did he drink at the did he drink in the stadium.
Speaker 1: Or did he drink floor the game.
Speaker 5: Okay, that's where it gets a little tricky because on camera they only have this guy buying slash handing the underage guy two beers, but he was still drunk, fell twenty one feet At the last update, he's recovering. He did take his first steps. We'll see what happens in that case. Today's National Weight Staff Day. Have y'all ever worked at a restaurant before.
Speaker 2: For a long time?
Speaker 5: Did you?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Did you?
Speaker 4: Maybe briefly?
Speaker 2: I think we brought this, I know I asked you in the interview. Yes, So, because I always hire people, I tend to favor people that have a little restaurant experience.
Speaker 5: Yes, my main job was farmer's market, but I had a friend's parents that owned a restaurant, and so we.
Speaker 1: All like, tell it's a farm restaurant.
Speaker 5: If you think about it, it's all the rage. No, okay, So you want to celebrate white staff and be extra nice to them today, right, okay, Well, there's an online poll that kind of ruins this for us. BuzzFeed pulled thousands of current and former servers and asked some fun questions. So, Rod, I want you to answer them. Have you ever eaten food off a customer's plate?
Speaker 6: No?
Speaker 4: One third of white staff said yes, uh never did?
Speaker 7: That was like before you give it to me and you're not like cutting up. Yeah, if you take a French tray, I don't.
Speaker 1: Really care, did I see? Well, are you talking about after.
Speaker 2: You've cleared the plates or before?
Speaker 7: If you're like on your way and you do like I got a burgram fries and you just take one fry off one f I don't know that they got that full handful A bunch of times like, no, don't do that.
Speaker 2: Mine was open air, meaning everyone when the food was put when the food is put on the rail, everyone.
Speaker 1: Would see you, so there was no real hiding.
Speaker 2: Now did I catch a dishwasher eating plates that were brought back?
Speaker 1: And it's also fine, I don't care what you do. I'm knowing my food.
Speaker 2: One of the questions would eat food?
Speaker 5: Have you ever finished a customer's alcoholic beverage?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 5: No, right, okay, But my favorite question, have you ever retaliated against a rude customer?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Half of servers said heck yeah yeah.
Speaker 2: Asked me if I ever dropped somebody's hamburger and put it on a butt and sent it out.
Speaker 5: Of course I did make it for being rude, all right? Shout out sad news. Norm from Cheers died yesterday.
Speaker 4: George Went.
Speaker 5: He played Norm on Cheers for the entire eleven season run of the show. No word on the cause of death, but he was seventy six. His family said he died peacefully and asleep while he's at home, and the stories are coming out about him. I even learned some things about him. He was just like a cool dude.
Speaker 1: You know. His nephew is Ja Sneaks.
Speaker 4: I learned that today. Rod told me about the other show.
Speaker 1: Yep, that's the last episode of ten last year. They take on the picture that it was the same picture that they adjusted the picture.
Speaker 5: He mind blown.
Speaker 1: They adjust the picture of Geronimo? Yeah?
Speaker 5: Sweet?
Speaker 1: What else?
Speaker 5: Why did the Foo fighters fire Josh Freeze?
Speaker 1: Oh this is funny.
Speaker 5: I mean, if you're going to get fired, you might as well have a good sense of humor about it. He was suddenly fired last week, and he's obviously just being funny because he shared a list of ten possible reasons why he was fired.
Speaker 1: He put on a top ten list, like Dame let him in. Yeah, you know what.
Speaker 2: The day he got fired, he said coming soon, my top ten list, and I thought that was a joke. He'd put out a top ten list of possible reasons why he got fired.
Speaker 5: It's hilarious. And the band still said, no clear reason. So if that guy doesn't have a clear reason, I'm going to make up reasons too.
Speaker 2: You can read that the top ten list on the music blog page.
Speaker 5: Thanks for Firstate. Those are Houston's headlines.
Speaker 1: Take it Alex. They asked you just thought of the Raids last night?
Speaker 7: I read it too. I was recording my podcast here last night and I left it like the third inning and they were up. I thought they were gonna just get it done, but they gave up a sack fly in the bottom of the ninth walk it off.
Speaker 1: They're gonna wrap up their series with the Rais this afternoon.
Speaker 7: Hunter Brown will be on the Mount for the Stros Hunter Downtown Brown, Rod mid Midtown Hunter, Midtown Brown will be on the map of this rows going up against Tampa Bays Todge Bradley first pitches at twelve to ten. You can listen to it on our SITU station Sports Talk seven ninety. In the NBA Playoffs, the thunder blew out Timberwolves one, fourteen to eighty eight in Game one of the Western Conference Finals. And the Stanley Cup Playoffs, Panthers beat the Hurricanes five to two in Game one of the Eastern Conference Finals.
Speaker 1: And in the Olympics, we got some USA news.
Speaker 7: We've already won a gold medal for the twenty twenty eight LA Olympics because flag football is going to be a part of it for the first time ever. And yesterday NFL owners voted to allow NFL players to try out for the team. So good luck beating Patrick Mahomes and Justin Jefferson and all of our best NFL players in flag football.
Speaker 2: Only one player per team can participate. I thought, I think, I saw.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's a basilion thirty two teams, so we're good. Yeah, yeah, yeah. Can you imagine like the best guy on everyone?
Speaker 7: Absolutely electric? Wow, we're going to destroy the rest of the world. That's just one more thing we can show our dominance in.
Speaker 2: But that's what that's what's going on in his voice, Here.
Speaker 1: We go, Here we go. Don't worry.
Speaker 2: My feelings aren't hurt that you didn't mention that Josh Allen would be the quarterback quarterback for the.
Speaker 1: Usby Patrick Mahone.
Speaker 7: I mean Josh Allen might go on as part of the bills raining MVP. Maybe you maybe put a defenseman out there.
Speaker 1: I don't know. All right, here we go. Four hours of pain starts right now.
Speaker 2: If you want the first phone call, come get it. Seven one, three, two, two, nine four five. Busy, busy, busy morning. Let's go, man, okay, ninety four to five the bus, Good Morning, rob Ryan Show. Well, you know it's gonna be a great day if we're starting out with stone tubble pilots, love me some wicked garden, Wakey, wakey, hands off, snaky Wildcard Wednesday will be the Instagram feature today. But boy, big things happening today on the show. I mean, I know Kenny wants the headline. I'll give it to him. He's going for win number five. It would be his ninth. It would be his ninth time in the Hall of Fame.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 2: Pit passes are the headline. Pit Passes Buzzfest is the headline today, I think, But Kenny, I don't want to bitch an at me, So Kenny, you're the headline.
Speaker 1: Cong Regulations, pit.
Speaker 2: Passes, Buzzfest Saturday sold out show. We'll get you in the pit at seven to twenty this morning, Alex, you got some sports giveaways today, Yes, pencil those in. Please the shout It Out Loud game most like, what is it?
Speaker 7: I need to know?
Speaker 5: Someone? Email me?
Speaker 2: Please do not email her. You can email her. You can tell her what it is. PLEI to shout it out loud game. It's going to be Moe, Alex and Chile in studio at the same time, all competing at the same time to try to win you those Coheed taking Back Sunday tickets. We'll play that game at seven or at eight twenty. That'll be really really fun. Lots of stuff you guys sprinkled it in all morning long, including right now.
Speaker 8: It's no time for the first phone call of the day.
Speaker 1: Robert.
Speaker 3: Hey, what's up brother?
Speaker 1: Right Robert, good morning to you.
Speaker 8: How are you.
Speaker 3: I'm doing great. Just want to talk about Lincoln Park.
Speaker 9: I saw a Rockville twenty five.
Speaker 2: Okay, nobody Radio Wizard has seen them twice. H nobody here has seen Lincoln Park yet. How great were they?
Speaker 3: Oh? It was off the charts. Emily is so good.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I think some people were really harsh on her in the very beginning. I mean they came out with her with a live performance which was really bold, and everything that I've seen online now is she really has her footing and she seems comfortable up there. She's hitting the notes.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, I agree.
Speaker 2: You know, listen, I don't think for the rest of her life and the rest of our lives, every time we mentioned Lincoln Park.
Speaker 1: Now we can just talk about Emily as the singer.
Speaker 2: We don't have to say, Okay, we know we're not trying to replace Chester and there's only one Chester. I don't think we have to qualify that anymore. I don't. I think we can just talk about her being this amazing singer with the band.
Speaker 9: I agree, Man, she was fantastic. The whole show is incredible. I'm so exhausted after four days of having fun.
Speaker 2: Who else did you see at that festival that you loved.
Speaker 9: Bad Omens just absolutely blew the roof of fart over there.
Speaker 3: It was incredible.
Speaker 2: Yep, I heard that their live show is amazing.
Speaker 3: What else, let's see who else?
Speaker 9: Sublime was good, Suicide of Tennessee's was good.
Speaker 3: Oh my god.
Speaker 9: It was just so many old Corn. That's the first time I saw Corn and they were off.
Speaker 3: The charts too.
Speaker 1: How close were you to the stage for Corn?
Speaker 3: I got as close as I could. It was two hundred thousand people.
Speaker 1: Do you go do what was the name of the festival again?
Speaker 3: Rockville?
Speaker 1: Yes, that's a good one. That's a good one.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so yeah, League part is good.
Speaker 9: If you can see them, see them, they are fantastic.
Speaker 2: That's a great concert review. Thank you, Robert. I appreciate that. So jealous. These are all time great bands that he got to see on the flip gonna wreck check for you. We'll find out what's trending with Alex and then we will get set up for the fresh out of bed head to head.
Speaker 1: Listen, I need a stone.
Speaker 2: Cold killer today to go up against Kenny, So keep that in mind.
Speaker 10: Houston's for Houston's Alternative and Home at the rod Ryan Morning Show ninety four five The Buzz.
Speaker 2: All right, welcome back Rob Ryan Show on this wildcard Wednesday. That is our Instagram feature. Hey, Homeroom, we didn't talk about this until after we were done with you in Homeroom yesterday, but the Rob Ryan Showkeres online store is open, and I think we had one little kink in there yesterday where people were not able to get the stuff shipped to their home. That's been worked out. They will ship that stuff directly to your door. Safe secure shopping online and you know the drill, guys, We've been doing this long enough. This is where we are selling merchandise. We got T shirts, there's a coffee mug in there, hats, coozies, all that stuff being sold to raise money so that we can purchase.
Speaker 1: Backpacks for the kiddos.
Speaker 2: All right, working again with Houston Children's Charity. Mostly cloudy, ten percent chance of rain high ninety one today. Alex Rod time to go to bed last night eleven thirty.
Speaker 1: God damn it.
Speaker 7: Why I did my podcast yesterday because I got to get out a bus bestickets tonight. I had total wine on the Katie Freeway. You was getting all my stuff out of the way early.
Speaker 1: You recorded your podcast probably at three o'clock.
Speaker 2: In the afternoon.
Speaker 1: At three o'clock. We finished about five thirty.
Speaker 7: I did some stuff here until about six thirty, got home, edited for about two and a half hours.
Speaker 1: Eight Shower your die out, went.
Speaker 2: To bed eleven thirty. He went to bed last night.
Speaker 5: I know, I don't even know what that did. You go to bed last night before nine?
Speaker 1: Good?
Speaker 2: Good Girl, Bad boy, Bad boy? What's trending?
Speaker 1: George Went is trending.
Speaker 7: The actor that played Norm in Cheers past ready age seventy six, and people are talking about that online right now.
Speaker 2: He's one of the all time I mean, like how people talk about Kramer on Seinfeld.
Speaker 7: I think minus like the racism post the show I'm talking about.
Speaker 2: While he was on the show, he was one of the most beloved, like universally loved guys. Yes on TV at the time. He dominated.
Speaker 7: And then who is the dude that played the dinosaur on Toyo Story Cliff?
Speaker 1: Yeah, Like he had to also be super loud too, right, He just wasn't.
Speaker 2: As beloved as Norm.
Speaker 1: Just Norm everybody wanted to have a beer with Norm.
Speaker 2: Cliff was a little annoying with his with his facts he was smart and he just always wanted to tell people facts. But uh yeah, and then you mentioned it Jason Sadaikis's uncle about.
Speaker 1: People are talking about that online today.
Speaker 7: No Tax on Tips is also trending to Senate passed bill yesterday. It's going to eliminate federal taxes on tips. It also happens to be National Waiter and Waitress Day, so very appropriate timing for that. And then Bill Belichick is trending. He and Jordaan Hudson are rumored to be engaged. She allegedly told a friend, who then immediately told The New York Times.
Speaker 5: So some friends.
Speaker 7: I guess she leaked it. But yeah, Bill and Jordaan engaged. Congratulations to the happy couple.
Speaker 2: We really are the only one committing to the Jordaan.
Speaker 1: If I don't, someone else will. Everyone else is calling her Jordan Wow. How does she spell it like Jordaan?
Speaker 2: But nobody's going there.
Speaker 1: I am including her, but dare to be different?
Speaker 7: All right, take the road less traveled, right, Whitman said, let's hear from kena.
Speaker 11: Good morning everybody, eight time old favored Kenny the cash. I hope you're enjoying the new meet because I don't complain anymore. Whatever, Join me on Wednesday when I may wind number five and I get into the Hall of Fame for my ninth time.
Speaker 3: Did he uh?
Speaker 2: You better double check those questions.
Speaker 1: That's all I'm saying. I fell a lot of pressure.
Speaker 2: It's a Hall of Fame game, and it's the guy that doesn't complain anymore. Well, it's because he hasn't lost in four games.
Speaker 4: That's why I thought it was me.
Speaker 2: He's not complaining. That's why he's not complaining. He's winning, all right. He's got a big target on his back.
Speaker 1: Who can beat him? Seven?
Speaker 2: One, three? Bring it the run?
Speaker 1: Ryan Show? Four five, I'm spooped.
Speaker 3: But.
Speaker 2: Ninety four five the bar is good morning, rod Ryan Show. All right, mostly cloudy today. Ten percent chance of ragin ninety one will be the high I see Kenny's ready to go. Oh okay, this is interesting. Who's playing?
Speaker 1: Kenny? Let's go? And now each time put a fresh out of bed head down head challenge.
Speaker 2: Listeners to your corners. Kenny, good morning, guys. Time do you go to bed last night?
Speaker 1: Kenny? Ten thirty?
Speaker 2: Okay, okay, got up.
Speaker 1: At five thirty. It's all right, It's all right.
Speaker 2: Ten thirty, five thirty. I'm okay with that, Alex. Guess what. You can't sleep in the five eleven thirty three thirty bad numbers and.
Speaker 1: Make it in bad numbers right here.
Speaker 5: No, that's bad.
Speaker 1: It's bad.
Speaker 2: When is it going to catch up to him?
Speaker 1: He doesn't think it's going to catch up? It does? Okay, who does it? You'll get sick.
Speaker 2: Kenny eight times in the Hall of Fame. Yes, you are one win away from getting back into the Hall of Fame. You like the sound of a nine time Hall of Famer. You you know who doesn't want that to happen.
Speaker 1: We'll find out. You're about to find out. What are the chances Norm is on the show today? It was destiny? I think it was destiny. Rip to George went.
Speaker 3: Norm.
Speaker 1: When was the last time you played fresh out of bed head to head? It's a little bit over a year.
Speaker 3: I've been knocking on the door.
Speaker 1: If all I got in, and have you had any success.
Speaker 2: Playing the game? One time Hall of Famer, one time Hall of famer?
Speaker 1: He knows how to do this. You want to shock the world, Norm, Let's do it.
Speaker 2: The best best Norm line ever in cheers? Anyone know it? It's universally thought of as his greatest walk in line. When you hear your family nope, wrong movie, wrong franchise, wrong everything, Norm, how you doing?
Speaker 1: It's a doggy dog world out there.
Speaker 2: Hell, I'm wearing milk bone underwear.
Speaker 1: That was Norm's line, greatest line.
Speaker 2: Ever, walking in the chest.
Speaker 3: I did not know that one.
Speaker 2: Norm shock the world. Shout out your name when you think you know the answer to correct users will get you Gaslight Anthem, Counting Crows tickets. Who Norm hasn't played? Norm hasn't played over a year? I'm sorry, Who's who's talking?
Speaker 12: I thought you did gonna give out buzz fest for day five?
Speaker 2: Well you thought wrong.
Speaker 1: Mf R.
Speaker 2: No do you think I'm gonna blow up my pit passes at six twenty Kenny, that's just.
Speaker 1: Some early love.
Speaker 2: Oh, Kenny be and Kenny.
Speaker 1: Kenny.
Speaker 2: You're back down to a T shirt if you win. If Norm wins, Gaslight Anthem, Counting Crows tickets, Smart Financial Center at sugar Land. I thought it was a very generous ticket Chili. Don't feel bad. I got your back. Shout out your name when you think you know the answer question number one, Norm, Kenny, what's the name of the building where the Astros play.
Speaker 1: Kenny Dyking Park Dyke in part.
Speaker 2: Trying to get you on a trick question.
Speaker 12: Yeah, had to think again.
Speaker 3: You know, I was like, I.
Speaker 2: Think she was hoping somebody is going to trip up on that.
Speaker 3: Norm.
Speaker 2: You would have got that right, Yeah, I had it. Okay, you're gonna say your name faster though. Here we go, next question, which body part is responsible? Go ahead, Kenny, m's a double speed trap.
Speaker 1: Huh listen with.
Speaker 2: He's lucked out earlier in the week, it stops here. You've gotten some good speeding ones Kenny.
Speaker 1: This week you have some freakish They caught up to you.
Speaker 2: Which body part is responsible for taste.
Speaker 3: Tone?
Speaker 2: It's correct answer. Welcome back to the game, Norm, Thank you. I know we're in the middle of the game. You have time for a quick email. What other John the only person who will beat Kenny today is Kenny?
Speaker 5: Like, get inside your head?
Speaker 2: That's what other John said.
Speaker 1: Wow for the win.
Speaker 2: We've got Norm and we've got Kenny. Which common insect is known for bringing.
Speaker 1: Kenny mosquito.
Speaker 2: I think he just wants to play more. He's like I got all year to get into the Hall of fame, Norm, which common insect is known for bringing good luck, ladybug.
Speaker 3: Winner.
Speaker 1: Are you kidding?
Speaker 5: Are other?
Speaker 1: John's email in the middle of the game, Kenny, Kenny, you just want to you want to play more? Don't Was it the Buzzfest tickets? Was it that? How are you kidding me? Right now?
Speaker 12: He gets flowing down on you.
Speaker 1: Man, Goodbye, Kenny.
Speaker 2: I know you will, I know you will.
Speaker 1: That's the problem. I can't get rid of.
Speaker 13: This guy, Norman.
Speaker 1: I know there's been a couple of games where I've said Upset of the Year. You're a one time Hall of Famer. You just took out an eight time Hall of Famer on day five. Norm, I'm giving you Upset of the Year. I'll take it. I'm back, I'm giving you Upset.
Speaker 3: Of the year.
Speaker 5: Come back.
Speaker 1: Did you win? Did Kenny lose? I know there's gonna be that argument. You're the winner.
Speaker 2: You've got the gaslight Anthon County Crows tickets, and you've got the invitation to play tomorrow.
Speaker 1: You want to play.
Speaker 2: I'm ready appreciate it, all right, Norm?
Speaker 14: He said it was Destiny the rd Ryan shown four five, The.
Speaker 2: Buzz ninety four five, The Buzz.
Speaker 1: Mo thoughts on the game. That was wild.
Speaker 2: I haven't even gone through the emails, although the fact that I read the other John email in the middle of right.
Speaker 5: Norm was so nonchalant too, who was just like, well, here we go.
Speaker 2: Wow here I thought we were done for Kenny this year. I guess not now, you know he here's the thing. Kenny will be on two or three more times. Yeah he got away that before November. I don't know how he gets through. But there are guys like the goat Hunter and Adam the Coffin. They can't get through.
Speaker 5: They can't they.
Speaker 1: Can't play, they can't get through. We have a new champion, fresh out of bed head to head challenge. Here's your current champion. Good more than everybuddy, this is Norm.
Speaker 3: I'm beat.
Speaker 11: I'm your fresh out of bed head and head one day chance. Poor Kenny just couldn't make it to the fifth day. Unfortunately he craft that mill phone underwear. On Thursdays they come back and we're number two bitches.
Speaker 2: And on the day we're talking about the passing of George Went, you know, I mean Norm from Cheers. George Went passes away. The news came out yesterday. Most talking about that in Houston's headlines, and.
Speaker 1: Then Norm gets through as caller ten to play the game. He hasn't played. He said he lost to the Goat Hunter last year ago and he.
Speaker 2: Hasn't been on since. He said he thought he was cursed. He couldn't get back on the game, so he said he's been trying for a year to play. And that's why you wake up in the morning, guys. Okay, that's why you wake up. That's why you play the game.
Speaker 12: It's the fun that's to the day.
Speaker 14: Thank you, we make you look smart, and everybody's the fun that to the day.
Speaker 1: It's a doggy dog world.
Speaker 2: And I'm wearing milk bone underwear. Aw you don't remember that line? I can't forget it now? Did you watch Cheers?
Speaker 1: Yes?
Speaker 3: I did.
Speaker 2: Everybody waited for Norm's line when he walked in the bar. He always has something funny to say. Nobody in this room, though, remembered that, Oh yeah, these guys didn't watch here. Maybe Alex maybe watching um repeats.
Speaker 1: My wife doesn't. Oh that's cute.
Speaker 2: Let's get Alex involved here in the fun facts, Michael Jordan never lost three game in a row with the Chicago Bulls across his eight year stretch when they won all those championships November nineteen ninety the June of nineteen ninety eight. That's six hundred and twenty six games regular season and playoffs. He never lost three games in a row.
Speaker 7: Yeah, there was one of the seasons they only lost ten regular season games. Golly, that would have been hard to do. It was the year the Golden State Warriors lost. They blew a three one lead. They beat it out, but they crazy.
Speaker 2: That's a ridiculous stat.
Speaker 1: Yeah, ron definitely lost three in a row. Okay, there you go.
Speaker 2: Ronald McDonald is called Donald McDonald in Japan.
Speaker 1: That is fun.
Speaker 12: Duck.
Speaker 2: They trouble with the R sounds in Japanese, so they just gave up. They just kind of gave up on it and just call him Donald McDonald. Donald.
Speaker 1: It's real.
Speaker 2: It's a real thing. He's Donald McDonald. They just were not even gonna try to fool with that. Are what they call Ronald Reagan Donald wraggant.
Speaker 1: I should have sorry.
Speaker 2: Every mammal has about one billion heart beats in their lifetime, regardless of their lifespan. So the mammals that live a shorter time like dogs, they have a heart that beats a lot. You've ever seen your dogs always got a faster heart rate. Mammals that live longer time, like whales, they have like you know, Lance armstrong hearts Yeah yeah, yeah, faster the heartbeat, slower the lifespan. Every one of us has about a billion heart beats in US. I didn't know whales were doping, Well yeah they were, and they wore the little armband around their fin.
Speaker 14: It's the fuck back to the day. We make you look smart your bodies. This the fuck back to the.
Speaker 2: Day swim strong, a little yellow thing around their fins. Oh what do you have a We have a giveaway here we do fun Fact Flashback.
Speaker 5: You want to see Alice Cooper and Judas Priest Live October twenty sixth. What was Pavilion? Tickets on sale now at ticket dot com or listen to fun Fact.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's your fun back. What was invented in nineteen oh four marketed.
Speaker 2: To bachelors seven one, three, two two five nine four five. If you remember from yesterday, it's.
Speaker 1: Now time for rockout with your stock out with Captain Cash.
Speaker 2: There's Captain Cash right there.
Speaker 15: Oh he hey brother, right, I'm right here over here it's got a fun fact flashback with him right now.
Speaker 1: Hey, Hoppy doing Wallster yesterday?
Speaker 15: Have that we gave a little back yesterday that Dow was down one hundred and fourteen points. Kick off this morning at forty two thousand, six hundred and seventy seven. NASDAK lost seventy two to nineteen thousand and one forty two. Benchmartin your treasurers trading at a four point five to three percent, and oil stands at sixty two dollars eighty eight cents a barrel to the most active is the big studs United Health, Boeing and Murk, the big duds Amex, Amazon and Goldman Sachs. The economic calendar this morning, it's all clear right now, our futures on the downside. Come on, let's turn this baby around.
Speaker 3: That's it. I'm out of here.
Speaker 15: This is Halan Manuchi, director with the Raymond James Porter for The Rod Ryan Show. From Amy James on, Sam Felippe and Augustin.
Speaker 1: Don't forget to always rock out with your stockout.
Speaker 10: Famian's expressed are those of Aland and not necessarily those of Raymon James and associates. Thank coome ever, NYC, as IBC iHeart Radio or sponsors. Information is based on sources believed to be reliable, but it's not guaranteed. There's no insurance transmission.
Speaker 8: We'll continue.
Speaker 10: This is not a solicitation, offer or recommendation to buy or sell any security. Refer to your end because programs are educational and informational services on the studs and it's based on movement.
Speaker 8: As reported by Young Finance.
Speaker 1: Ninety four or five, The Buzz Welcome back, Rod Ryan Show. It's your fun. Okay, Yeah, good morning.
Speaker 2: Who's on the phone, Jesse, Jesse, welcome in to home room.
Speaker 1: Thanks for being up early with us.
Speaker 7: Thank you.
Speaker 2: What was invented in nineteen oh four and marketed specifically towards bachelor's.
Speaker 3: Would that be T shirts?
Speaker 1: T shirts for the wind Yeah, dude, T shirts. Congratulations, that is awesome.
Speaker 3: That is awesome. Man, you just made my day.
Speaker 2: Yeah, like bachelors, they just assumed didn't know how to sew and replace buttons, so they had to come up with something for you know, the dumb dudes. You know, you always got a dumb it down for the guys.
Speaker 1: Was a woman's job. Yeah, right, So Jesse, you're the winner. Today. What are you giving them? Jesse?
Speaker 5: Want to go see hours Judas Priest?
Speaker 4: You available out, Chob twenty.
Speaker 5: Sixth friend nice, awesome, awesome, Yeah, alright, so sweet.
Speaker 2: Oh that's gonna be some good bonding time.
Speaker 1: Jesse. You're awesome man.
Speaker 2: Thanks for being in homeroom today. Thank you for listening.
Speaker 3: Thank you very much.
Speaker 2: All right, Jesse obviously went underwater. Let's get chilly.
Speaker 1: He's underwater.
Speaker 8: Left?
Speaker 3: All right?
Speaker 2: Mostly Cloudi's guys today. Nothing over a ten percent chance of ray high of ninety one. Mo Houston's headlines.
Speaker 1: What you got?
Speaker 5: Good morning, Rod?
Speaker 4: Hey, Number five is back in jail.
Speaker 1: Update.
Speaker 5: Yes, In the continuing saga of the Nola ten, the fifth New Orleans jail escape, he has been captured.
Speaker 4: Well where was he? He was at his grandma's house.
Speaker 2: In New Orleans, right, I think? Yeah, so he didn't go far.
Speaker 5: No, would you do you go to your grandma's house when you run out of jail.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 2: My grandma would probably blow me in jail.
Speaker 4: Do you think his grandma turned him in?
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 4: Twenty thousand dollars in rewards.
Speaker 2: My grandma would call the cops.
Speaker 5: For twenty thousand my grandma would not have She'd cook for you, in love on you. I guess that's where you go. Police of zeroed in on those who might have helped with the escape. Three employees of the facility have been suspended, and a maintenance worker was arrested yesterday for his help. He claims that the inmates threatened to shank him if he didn't help, so he had no choice. You don't want to get shaked.
Speaker 2: Here's how it would happen.
Speaker 1: Grandma, let me in. Get out of here, Grandma, let me in. Please come on, I'm on the run. Go somewhere else. God love him right.
Speaker 4: Hey, yesterday it was unanimous no.
Speaker 5: Tax on your tip, they said, just passed it unanimously broad. I don't agree on anything that's good. One hundred to zero. Apparently it was a surprise move. Removes federal income taxes on tips for service workers. So waitresses, bartenders, hairdressers, they get to keep more of their tip money now, and everyone in the government apparently agrees for once. This is awesome.
Speaker 2: I'd like to know when's the last time something past everybody said yes. I'm also curious. On both sides of the aisle, you would look like such a jag off if you said no to this, like.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I let's find it out.
Speaker 2: Show me that you've never worked in food service, you know without telling me. I bet a lot of them haven't. But I'll tell you what. That's a people's move. And if you were to say no to that, you would you would not get reelected one hundred to zero, no matter what side you were on.
Speaker 5: Hey, Alex, I don't know if you know this or not, but the Indianapolis five hundred is this weekend?
Speaker 4: Is here?
Speaker 5: The festivities before the race include the Weenie five hundred. I'm bumped. I'm not going to be there. I've gone a lot of times, yes, but never to the Wiener mobile five hundreds?
Speaker 1: Is there always some sort of a spectacle like a weekend of stuff? Right?
Speaker 2: So do they do? You know? Like fun races?
Speaker 3: You know?
Speaker 1: Like I never know, like the camel races at at the park in Houston. So is this a common thing for that weekend to do?
Speaker 14: Uh?
Speaker 1: You know a stunt?
Speaker 4: We never noticed it like this one?
Speaker 2: So number one, deal?
Speaker 1: How many Wiener mobiles are there? And they're all going to race against one another?
Speaker 4: And did you know there are six different ones?
Speaker 2: Yeah, they all have different names.
Speaker 5: I this blew my mind today. I know about the.
Speaker 1: Og so so I hand out whistles.
Speaker 2: In the one that represents the South. Yes, is the chili Dog.
Speaker 5: I love a chili dog.
Speaker 2: And you know what we're playing after seven o'clock? What the chili dog song?
Speaker 1: Which heard yet? Yeah?
Speaker 5: I love chili dog wrap in? Is it gonna change any way? I feel about a chili duck.
Speaker 2: I just told you to strap in. Yes, seven five be shrapped in.
Speaker 1: The Chili Dogs song.
Speaker 5: I'm so excited. Hey, Friday at two pm, you can watch the Wiener five hundred.
Speaker 1: I'm interested. I'm interested.
Speaker 2: Do they let these things open up?
Speaker 5: And don't they all have a max cap of what fifty miles?
Speaker 2: They probably all have a government.
Speaker 7: Buys vessels be streaming the two. You know, I'm gonna want to watch them.
Speaker 1: You go care? He doesn't even know.
Speaker 5: You like Selena Gomez.
Speaker 1: Well, I love tell you more.
Speaker 2: I'll tell you more in a second.
Speaker 5: Okay, Well, I'm gonna have great news for you. I'm gonna say it really slow, Hold it though.
Speaker 1: Hold it we go. When you're ready, come and get it.
Speaker 7: Do.
Speaker 1: I love Selena Gomes don't you ready come and get it?
Speaker 5: I had no idea. I would have maybe rethought the way I'm about to tell you.
Speaker 4: This is Tori.
Speaker 2: Now you can talk about your story.
Speaker 7: Well, if you ever talked about Selena Gomez, this is the song that this is the best song.
Speaker 2: Just leave a little time for me.
Speaker 5: Rode what flavor is Selena Gomez?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 2: I would think I would think something spicy fair.
Speaker 4: I would think she's teamed up with Oreos.
Speaker 2: Oh, well, I know you guys like to mix that weird talking stuff on everything.
Speaker 4: Oh, that's a good, thoughtful one.
Speaker 5: No, it's horhota.
Speaker 8: Rota.
Speaker 5: Yes, it's the Mexican beverage milk, cinnamon rice. Drink it. It's gonna good with an Oreo. She's very that's thoughtful. My god, you can eat Selena Gomez starting on June ninth.
Speaker 4: Do you need more time or are you gonna be ok?
Speaker 8: Guys?
Speaker 2: I actually could use another second of that.
Speaker 1: That was good. Hang on, just give me a minute. Here we go, when you ready.
Speaker 2: Come and get it.
Speaker 1: Thank you.
Speaker 4: I like you more than I did earlier today.
Speaker 1: I just can't around her, did y'all?
Speaker 5: See Axel Roses a little temper tantrum. They had a show in Mumbai and apparently.
Speaker 1: Another drummer story.
Speaker 5: Technically exactly, the new drummer played the wrong song during the show. Axel stopped the performance, walked off stage, and refused to continue until the setlist was fixed.
Speaker 1: Welcome to the band.
Speaker 4: Fans were confused.
Speaker 5: The drummer sweet Man, apologized, Axel returned, the band finished. Oh god, I'm curious what happened after the show.
Speaker 2: I love the drummers are dominating right now. Yeah, all the stories, all the music stories are drummer stories. Yesterday, on Three Things You Must See, somebody put together a super set. Oh you know, well, you know put it together the Guns and Roses official accounts. So Axel have a sense of humor. I didn't know that existed about the man. They put out a superset of him tripping on stage. After that was headlining Three Things you Must See yesterday. It was really really good.
Speaker 4: Hey those are Houston's headlines.
Speaker 2: That man does not have a sense of humor.
Speaker 3: But thanks.
Speaker 2: And we don't know what became of the kid that was running Guns n' Roses social media accounts as of yesterday.
Speaker 1: He may be missing. He may be missing along with that drummer. What do you got that?
Speaker 7: Astros fell the Rays last night three to two to two. They get up a walk off sack fly in the bottom of the ninth. They're gonna wrap up their series with the Rays this afternoon. Hunter Brown will be on the mountain for this. Dro is going up against Tampa Bay's Taj Bradley. First pitches at twelve to ten. You can listen to it on our sister station, Sports Talk seven ninety. In the NBA Playoffs, the thunder Blood the Timberwolves one fourteen to eighty eight in Game one of the Western Conference Finals. And the Stanley Cup Playoffs, Panthers beat the Hurricanes five to two in Game one of the Eastern Conference Finals. And then in some Olympic news, the US has already won a gold medal for the twenty twenty eight Yeah, you're.
Speaker 1: You're predicting US winning gold. We have not one to win.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 7: Flag football is going to be a part of the Olympic Games for the first time ever, and yesterday NFL owners voted to allow players to try out for the Olympic flag football team. The NFL players will obviously make the team, and then we will just absolutely dominate the rest of the world like we always do. So it's gonna be awesome. We're starting with the goals already. It's shout out USA.
Speaker 2: It's laughable.
Speaker 7: It's almost not fair, like we have to like whip their ass, like we can't make any games closed.
Speaker 1: It needs to be like the Dream Team, where like we just blow everyone out and you're like.
Speaker 7: See, this is our sport, you guys. You guys get to talk about your crap about soccer. We know our sport. Listen, we know that the.
Speaker 2: The All Star weekend for NFL. We know that nobody cares about that.
Speaker 1: Like it's kind of flag football is the fun part.
Speaker 2: Of It's really gotten silly to go to the Pro Bowl now. I wonder if players want to play in.
Speaker 7: This now A lot of them have already come out like yes, can't wait. Justin Jefferson on the Vikings is like it's a dream true. I cannot.
Speaker 5: I mean a gold medal says a lot about you as an athlete.
Speaker 7: Yeah, gonna be like the first group of it was like rugby guys rugby girls being like the first US rugby team to like win a medal in an Olympics like that was a big deal and so like to be the first person to win a USA Football medal would be a huge deal.
Speaker 2: That got Alona back into Sports Illustrated for a second time on the bikini.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yeah, that's that's going on in sports.
Speaker 2: Thank you.
Speaker 1: The rod Ryan Morning Show.
Speaker 2: Here we go, ninety four or five the bus, Good morning, rod Ryan's Show.
Speaker 1: Welcome to the seventh Spot. If you're carrying over from Home Room.
Speaker 3: Thank you.
Speaker 2: If you're just joining us, Wakey Waki, hands off your chili dog percent chance of rain mostly cloudy, highs up around ninety one. That goes for you too, Chili.
Speaker 1: I don't know what you're doing over there.
Speaker 2: I'm to see your hands.
Speaker 1: Guys.
Speaker 2: Busy Today.
Speaker 1: Home Room was great. Wow, that freshot of bad head to head game really good. That fresh shot of bad head to head.
Speaker 2: You podcasts just the fresh out of bed head to head game every day. Yes, yeah, So if.
Speaker 1: You by after.
Speaker 2: Eighty okay, So if you didn't want to hear any of this other drivel on the show, if you just wanted to hear the game and like not mess with everything else that we're talking about, you could just go in and listen to the game. He'll have that up like you said before eight o'clock. Kenny the cash Man, he's an eight time Hall of Famer. He was going for win number five today to become a nine time Hall of Famer. He bitched about the prize. I read a John email. In another John email in the middle of the game, I read an email that was weird. I don't think I've ever done that before. And then the coincidence of the guy that called in today, all of these things. It was just bizarre. But that's live radio. We're we're out there on the tight rope. There's no net beneath us, and things like that just seemed to happen once in a while, and that's what I'm here for every day. Thank you, guys. Pit tickets this hour to Buzzfest. Buzzfest is on Saturday. It's sold out. Pit tickets are the first thing that sell out, so that makes them even more sweet. Those are coming up after the break. Mo, You're part of the world. Indianapolis five hundred is going down on Sunday. Where were you born and raised?
Speaker 5: Columbus Indiana. It's like Southern Indiana.
Speaker 2: Okay, is like in respect to where the track is is an hour away. Okay, I was gonna say the hour geez. Okay, that's across Houston.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 5: And I went to college in Indianapolis, which is where the Indianapolis five hundred takes place.
Speaker 2: Okay, next question, Yes, have you ever seen the Wiener Bowl Wiener Mobile.
Speaker 4: In person, the actual Wiener Mobil?
Speaker 5: Yes?
Speaker 2: Ye, yes. Did you get a whistle?
Speaker 8: Yes?
Speaker 2: Yeah, because that's what everybody wants, the whistle whistle right from the kids that drive that thing. Yeah, the Winermobile is cool, There's no doubt about it. It's never not been cool. The Indianapolis five hundred this Sunday and part of the festivities you said, it's like a whole weekend that that goes on over there.
Speaker 1: Holiday weekend, the Weeni five.
Speaker 2: Hundred is happening all six of the wienermobiles. So we're learning. The Indianapolis Motor Speedway is hosting things all weekend. There are six wienermobiles. It's the first competitive race for the entire wienermobile fleet, first time all six vehicles have gathered in one place in over a decade.
Speaker 5: That's the big news right there.
Speaker 2: The Chai Dog represents the Midwest. I think it's a shout out to Chicago. The New York dog represents the East coast. The slaw dog represents the Southeast. The Seattle dog, obviously repping the northwest. The Sonorin dog.
Speaker 4: I've never heard of such a thing.
Speaker 2: I mean, neither Southwest and representing the south. The chili dog. MO has never heard this.
Speaker 16: Sok a chili do, chili dog, souking a chili do, soking a chill li do.
Speaker 2: He's not done.
Speaker 16: Souking a chili do, Chili does. A chili dog sucking on a chill live do. Cheer let me, sucking up a chilli does, sucking on a dog.
Speaker 1: Sucking on a chili.
Speaker 16: Chili, sucking up a chili doe, sucking on a doll, souking on a chill lid doll sucking.
Speaker 4: That might be Alex's best work.
Speaker 1: That wasn't you really see? She thought that was you.
Speaker 2: That's how well you sing, dude.
Speaker 1: She thought that was you. Not wrong.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so this is all going down, you said, we can watch this on television. Huh on TV Friday at one o'clock our time. It'll stream live on Fox on or Indye car on Fox on their social media accounts. I'm interested to see all these wintermobiles all out there at the same time.
Speaker 4: They all look different. I've ever seen one that looks different.
Speaker 2: They have to. I think they're all the same.
Speaker 1: Okay on them, but yeah, they're.
Speaker 2: Gonna have to slap numbers on them. And then you mentioned the governor. I wonder if they top out at a certain speed. But these things have to be on the highway and stuff. They drive them across the country.
Speaker 1: So I don't know. In the fast lane. We'll see, we'll see. Then.
Speaker 2: The Wienermobile has its own link on the world famous rod Ryan showpage at the buzz dot com. Uh, pit tickets to Buzzfest. Can you handle the pit? We'll give away a pair of pit passes on the flip of this break.
Speaker 13: Houston's Rock, Houston's Alternative, and the rod Ryan Morning Show.
Speaker 1: All right, welcome back, everybody. Rod Ryan's Show.
Speaker 2: Pit passes coming your way to Buzzfest on Saturday. So actually, uh, he asked radio wizards, like, hey man, we got any pit passes?
Speaker 1: Julie wants to be in the pit. Really, yeah, no way. His little all access pass is not good enough.
Speaker 2: And I don't think and I don't think.
Speaker 1: The all access pass. Get this is in the pit, which is not all access.
Speaker 2: It does say it's all asked excess some access, So I think he wants to be down there for pod.
Speaker 4: No, it's those new shoes he got.
Speaker 3: He got them.
Speaker 1: I didn't notice the orthodox ones.
Speaker 5: Oh that's right, So now he feels like a whole new young.
Speaker 1: Man jumping around.
Speaker 2: Well, maybe you'll be in the pit with Chili at some point. He'll find out, you know, he'll make his way in there at some point. All right, before we get to those tickets, let's find out what Alex says is trending.
Speaker 1: Oh well, Norm is trending.
Speaker 7: George went was trending last hour, but now Norm is also what people are talking about. He and George went who played Norman Cheers, passed away at the age of seventy six yesterday and people are definitely talking about that right now this morning.
Speaker 2: Talk about Norm on the freshound of bed Head to Head today.
Speaker 1: Not to be confused, think about that.
Speaker 7: That's helping probably probably skyrocketing the numbers some more.
Speaker 2: That's why Norm is trending over George Wentz. You have to say, Kenny, what a game wildcard?
Speaker 1: Wednesday's trending at Fiji Water.
Speaker 7: A Houstonian is submitted to us today by listener EG and people are checking her out the world famous Rod Ryan showpage at the Buzz dot com. And then Shay Gilgess Alexander Sga from the Oklahoma City Thunder is trending right now. He is the soon to be NBA MVP and he had thirty one points last night to help the Thunder blow out the Timberwolves in Game one of the Western Conference Finals. He also this is on our sports blog page today. His cousin plays for the Timberwolves and he just clowned him and made a shot over.
Speaker 2: I sawt cousins were playing each other day.
Speaker 1: That's on the sports blog page today if you want to go see that. That's what's training. And I by the buzz all right.
Speaker 2: All right, Saturday, if anybody has their dance card open still, we have a little party called Buzzfest. We have pit passes available to the tenth caller right now. And don't let Chilly talk you out of him. Don't let him make you an offer to try to get that. He's he wants to be in that pit. So it's weird that like you got to go through the guy that is so thirsty to be in there, but the pit passes are yours if if you get through Chile seven one, three, two two.
Speaker 1: Ryan Show on ninety four or.
Speaker 2: Five, experience adventure into a cosmic on the mot of US ninety four five, The Buzz Good Morning, Rod Ryan Show, read Hunch Schilly covers around the world cent chance rain both today and tonight mostly cloudy skies. His today of around ninety one mo. You had mentioned the wienermobiles are going to be racing at the Indianapolis five hundred. This well, the Indianapolis five hundred is Sunday. Some of the fun things that go on throughout the weekend. Their festivities include the Weeni five hundred. It's the first competitive race for the entire Winnermobile fleet. Yeah, first time all six vehicles have been in the same place in over ten years. Steal I asked you if you have ever seen the Winnermobile. You said yes, yes, I said I have seen it before. Did you get the whistle? I got the whistle? You got the whistle? Okay, all of that, I'm not even mad. But we have a guy that has a great Wienermobile story. Oh I dear it would like to share that with you please. Philip Ireland is his name from Hempstead, Texas.
Speaker 1: Rod Back in two thousand and six, I.
Speaker 2: Was a senior in high school and I actually waited for the driver of the wienermobile outside of the Katie Mills Mall.
Speaker 1: I took my shot.
Speaker 2: I asked him, would you bring me in my date to prom in the in the Wiener I love that.
Speaker 12: I love that.
Speaker 2: And the driver said yes, yes.
Speaker 1: Yes, free of charge.
Speaker 2: I pulled up to my prom, my head held high in the biggest Wiener ever seen. My mom has a picture on her wall framed. I will get it and I will send in proof. I just thought it was a cool story that you guys needed to hear. You're right, Philip, I did need to hear that story so badly.
Speaker 1: To be honest with you, it's just so random. I believe you. I don't think anybody you would just make that up.
Speaker 7: I don't.
Speaker 2: There's too many other little details involved there that I believe you. But man, a story of you going to prom and the wienermobile. I would kill for you to take a photograph of the photograph on your mom's wall, Have your mom send that, send that to you send it to me.
Speaker 1: We are all waiting for that picture.
Speaker 7: I like to think that, like, you know, like you get in the group for prom and you let you all limo and yeah, guys, guys, I'm actually on in the limo. Yep, we got another ride, all right, weirdo whatever, and you pull up in the Wiener Mobilly, what's up?
Speaker 1: Guys?
Speaker 2: How you getting there? Don't worry about it. You'll see soon enough.
Speaker 1: He'll show up in the Wienermobile. Oh my god, that's amazing. Thank you.
Speaker 4: Where do you go from there in life?
Speaker 1: Though?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 4: You might really peak to early.
Speaker 1: I guess you would. That's peak.
Speaker 2: That's it, that's your peak life.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's it. And how to go that night? You brought your girl to the prom and the Wienermobile?
Speaker 12: Come on, come on, that's not.
Speaker 1: The only one, all right?
Speaker 3: You wound wasn't in the pits?
Speaker 1: You would in the bin?
Speaker 12: We your world and in the poo.
Speaker 1: Chili wants to be in the pip. The chili will probably be in the pit. Will you'll be? Will you be?
Speaker 2: He'll talk his way in there, he'll talk his way.
Speaker 1: He can talk his way in He can't. He can't. He's like our silver tongue. He's like our hustle.
Speaker 2: He can get in anywhere.
Speaker 1: Yeah, who else is in the pit? Good morning, rod Ryan Show.
Speaker 3: Good morning. Who's this Daniel?
Speaker 1: Daniel? You want to be in the pit?
Speaker 3: Hell?
Speaker 6: Yeah, dude, Congratulations you got it, Daniel, Yeah, dude, congratulations you're in the pits at bud.
Speaker 3: Yah.
Speaker 1: Baby.
Speaker 2: Now, I don't recommend going anywhere near Chili during POD. Okay, I just think that he.
Speaker 1: I don't know, he can get excited that he might like he might shoot his wad like during that set.
Speaker 2: That would be it, you know what I mean, Daniel, Chili, I just I think it would be in your best interest to give the man ten feet or so legally, just you know, Chili, you're gonna wait, are you gonna be am? I gonna see you in the pit for POD.
Speaker 12: I'm gonna jump from the stage or no, you're not not something just to be in the.
Speaker 2: P Dude, you're gonna need a month off. Okay, that's that's not gonna be good.
Speaker 3: Bad.
Speaker 13: I mean, come on, po d Chevelle, Marilyn Manson, you know what, uh well, oh, don't play this song.
Speaker 1: We did videos last night.
Speaker 2: London said, Hey, can we do some videos for a little bit before bed I said, yeah, what do you think I played Boom?
Speaker 12: I mean you're you're racing a right, I mean you're doing a great job.
Speaker 2: This video is so great if you don't remember POD's Boom. They're in like a table tennis a ping pong competition and they're all wear the matching track suits.
Speaker 1: Such a great video.
Speaker 13: It's like the USA. Uh It's like they're like in the USA Olympic team.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, yeah, ping pong team. Is this POD's best song?
Speaker 7: That one?
Speaker 12: Yeah, I mean there's a couple of songs, but this is the one that made it bigger.
Speaker 3: This is the one. Man.
Speaker 13: This isn't that they got picked up in that movie by uh what's that guy that uh that does that?
Speaker 12: Uh start your engeans king of the.
Speaker 2: King of Queens, Oh, the King of Queens guy Kevin James.
Speaker 12: He did us style movie, remember, and this is his theme song that.
Speaker 1: Comes out boom.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Well, Daniel, you're in the pit, dude.
Speaker 2: For all the bands, I don't know if there's one that you're more excited about, but Chili obviously excited about Pod.
Speaker 7: Daniel, congrats, Thank you, thank you you guys are also that's awesome.
Speaker 1: You're awesome. You're awesome, bro. I just hope you can hear kid. I don't want to see you down there in your flip flops. Okay, close to close toes poo that toes the food.
Speaker 2: All right, Chili, I might go near you during this.
Speaker 1: Come on, horn, want a piece of this? Want some of this?
Speaker 12: You gont you don't have two senior citizens injury in there? Man, I'm telling you.
Speaker 1: First, first time he hits me, is that all you got? The second time you hit me? Is that all you got?
Speaker 12: I'll be like, hey, bro, hold on, let's step out. My feet are here?
Speaker 3: Heard it? Those ain't work?
Speaker 8: Oh?
Speaker 3: Here it is.
Speaker 1: I'll take your best shot.
Speaker 2: Would you talk to Radio Wizard about throwing back Thursday already? Please? Would you talk to him?
Speaker 3: Uh?
Speaker 12: Yeah. If he doesn't send the song sometime, we're just gonna throw in.
Speaker 1: Just send him buzzfest songs. Yeah, this one right here? Oh man, make your best shot.
Speaker 13: I mean, but there's gonna be some good throwback songs that I don't know. I don't want pod to lose.
Speaker 2: You put an old If you put an old Marilyn Manson song does that automatically win, Alex, I.
Speaker 1: Think they will if you put in if you put in sweet dreams.
Speaker 2: Why Marilyn Manson doesn't beat everything that you anything that Buzzfest has to offer beautiful.
Speaker 12: People, the beautiful people.
Speaker 1: Out think.
Speaker 7: I think it. I think Pod could beat it. Maybe I feel like Marilyn Manson does. But I can see Po d be in the line taking.
Speaker 2: You'd have to go old school blue October to maybe car with October in.
Speaker 1: Fact, Chevelle and Manson and the three. But Blacktober probably wins a.
Speaker 2: Wizard, don't by us. We're just planning throw back Thursday on the air. I guess we could do the same the time. All right, hey Daniel, you're still their congratulations bro there I.
Speaker 1: Am, thank you, baby.
Speaker 5: Ryan show.
Speaker 1: The Bush.
Speaker 2: Ninety four or five, the bus that's Lincoln Park and up from the bottom. I think our first phone call today, I was a dude that wanted to talk about the Lincoln Park show.
Speaker 1: He just came back from a big festival, saw all kinds of bands. I forgot which one.
Speaker 2: It was, like the Rockville or something like that, and uh, and he said, he said, Lincoln Park was unbelievable. You know, he said, Emily's got the voice and boom like. He went to a Lincoln Park show and said it was amazing, and I believe the man everything I've seen online. Now, Man, they are just they are running like a fine, finely tuned machine. I hope you're up to a great start to your day. That's our pit passes for today. Don't worry. I think Reno is in for Jeremy the rest of the week and Reno will have a pair of pit passes for you. Teresa will have pit passes for you, so make sure you keep it here. Okay, pit passes.
Speaker 1: Coming your way.
Speaker 2: All the tickets will give away on air now, Alex, you're out today. Yeah, they're not pit passes, but they're still Buzzfest tickets for the sold out show on Saturday. Where you're gonna be where and when?
Speaker 1: I'm gonna have eight.
Speaker 7: Pair of Buzzfest tickets at the Total Line on the Katie Freeway located at twenty eight fifty seven Katie Freeway from five to seven tonight. So come hang out with me. Put your name in the drawing and you might be hanging out with us on Saturday.
Speaker 2: Okay, so yes, sir, First buzzfest. Yes, have an outfit planned.
Speaker 1: I worked on that last night yet, Okay, that was top cute top.
Speaker 2: We were always make fun of the girls. Okay, I gotta get a cute top.
Speaker 1: I gotta get a cute top.
Speaker 5: I've got like a set, if you will, Yeah, yeah, yeah sets.
Speaker 2: That has anyone looked at the weather? No, I don't think we have to worry about rain run off. Yeah, sweaty balls, sweaty boobs, that's what I assume. Yeah, so it's gonna be really really hot out there.
Speaker 1: So you have an outfit plant?
Speaker 2: Is it something that you purchased or something.
Speaker 1: That you had.
Speaker 5: I have a rack of new things that I like to throw in every once in a while. So I took it off the new rack.
Speaker 1: Excited.
Speaker 2: My girlfriend told me there's a lot of packages showing up this week.
Speaker 1: She had warning, changes, warning.
Speaker 2: I don't think there's that.
Speaker 7: I just think party Cloudy's guys only a perfect.
Speaker 1: It's great, that's great.
Speaker 2: She's one of those people that will buy ten things and decide on one and decide on one and send nine backs.
Speaker 1: That's great food or whatever. Yeah, yeah, she does send the stuff back.
Speaker 2: I was I was already told there is an onslaught of packages showing up.
Speaker 5: You have been worn?
Speaker 2: Do I know what I'm you know, what are you wearing?
Speaker 13: What?
Speaker 4: Do you just get up and put something on or do you think about it?
Speaker 1: Just put something on? You got a cute top? Yeah, I mean you.
Speaker 2: Always have cute tops. You have a cute top for for Saturday Eve something picked.
Speaker 13: Off, already order one, but you ordered something new too. Yeah, but I'm having I don't know if I want to show the guns wear a tank top or you let me tell you nobody.
Speaker 2: And when I say nobody, nobody fills out a tank like my man chat.
Speaker 13: I mean I want to kind of I kind of want to do like a little side boot showing type thing that I have.
Speaker 1: So I don't know.
Speaker 2: Manci talking, Yeah, keep hearing about these Uccie daddy shorts. What about those not gonna?
Speaker 12: I don't know yet because I had asked Alex. I suggested something that Alex and he didn't go for it.
Speaker 2: Oh, you guys wanted to.
Speaker 12: I say we should go dressed like twins, and I was.
Speaker 1: Like, that'd be cool, and then you never sent me a linker good time.
Speaker 2: I mean, if we can pull it off Amazon Prime. You guys still could go as twins.
Speaker 1: I mean to get used all day.
Speaker 12: I mean it was something, but I don't know if we can pull it off now.
Speaker 2: But guys, we're excited. We cannot wait to party with you guys on Saturday.
Speaker 1: Just keep it here.
Speaker 2: Go see Alex today at five o'clock Total Wine. And then Friday night you're going to be out.
Speaker 1: At Porky's backyard from eight to ten.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Another tickets. You're rolling with Neutral at all these partises.
Speaker 7: With Neutral, the official drink sponsor of Buzzfast Camp. I'm gonna be handing out some neutrals on the lawn. I was talking to our buddy who about Logan yesterday. I'm gonna be walking around with some mess.
Speaker 1: What Yeah, okay, wait a minute, maybe I'll do people. Okay.
Speaker 2: If Chili don't want to dress like you, I'll dress like you just so I can get a couple of dress All right, sounds good to me.
Speaker 1: Ninety four or five the Buzz that's b O D and a Lie.
Speaker 2: We just talked about how excited Chili is for this Saturday. He's thinking about tanking it up, like care for it, tank top, tank top?
Speaker 5: What do you believe.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he said that he was maybe thinking about a little side boom for everybody.
Speaker 8: Out of you, for the people.
Speaker 2: I don't know if that's the best idea, that he's dead, but okay, but I'm here for my man in the tank.
Speaker 1: That's for sure.
Speaker 2: Good morning, everybody. We gave away pit passes already. There'll be more pit passes Thursday and Friday, and then everyone else on the radio station will give you pit passes. So all the tickets win on one on the air this week will be in the pit. Alex will have some tickets elsewhere when he is out and about this week, he's gonna be out today. If you go to our Facebook page, you go to our events page, He's got all that stuff laid out for you, all right. Also, the ditchiting information is on the events page. You gotta follow us on Facebook at Rob Ryan's show.
Speaker 1: Hey mom, what's up?
Speaker 4: Got some headlines?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: And I like, I love that you enjoy provided nobody gets hurt. Yes, a good jail break story as much.
Speaker 1: As we all got.
Speaker 4: I'm so invested in the Nola ten.
Speaker 1: It's awesome.
Speaker 2: And now they escaped behind the toilet, and I was thinking the toilet ten, but we'll.
Speaker 1: Go with Nola ten.
Speaker 4: Toilet ten's pretty awesome.
Speaker 2: But another one has been caught. So ten people escaped. How many total have been caught?
Speaker 1: Five? Okay, so we're halfway done.
Speaker 2: Another one yesterday?
Speaker 5: Where was he at his grandma's house? Yeah, that's not where we're supposed to go, sir. You don't go to family.
Speaker 1: Maybe that's where they look red beans and rice. Nothing's better than grandma's beans and rice.
Speaker 5: That's what he's laying in jail thinking about every day. If you do the math, we now have five more that are on the run. Twenty thousand dollars in rewards is being offered for info leading to the capture of each escapee, and they did have an arrest yesterday. The maintenance worker that helped them escape. He turned off the water behind the toilet. He claims the inmates threatened to shank him if he didn't help, so he had to m hmmm, I mean, I get it. You don't want to get shaked on the spot.
Speaker 2: Question, Yes, sir, Did the other five get caught? Do they catch everybody? Do the entire Nola ten get captured?
Speaker 4: There's got to be one that gets like a lifetime movie later in life.
Speaker 1: They're gonna get caught.
Speaker 2: He's an animal. I think it's very rare. It's so hard to go off the grid, now that's true. As a matter of fact, I don't even think it's gonna take long. I give it a week or two and all ten will be caught.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna write this down because the other guys.
Speaker 1: Your bet somebody will roll over on the other.
Speaker 2: One if somebody gets caught, you know so, I mean, you have to be a lone wolf. You got to separate yourself from the ten.
Speaker 1: Run.
Speaker 2: You got to not go to Grandma's house.
Speaker 1: Yeah at all. Yeah, if one of them's.
Speaker 2: In Mexico by now, he's got a shot of maybe being out there for a couple of months. But I bet you all, I think all ten will be captured.
Speaker 5: Dang, we'll see.
Speaker 4: I'll gep be updated because I am invested.
Speaker 5: I also have an update on the case of the man who fell from the bleachers at the Pirates baseball game.
Speaker 2: You remember him, Yeah, he was young, right, twenty years old.
Speaker 4: He was twenty years old.
Speaker 5: The good news is that he has taken his first steps in his recovery, so walking a little bit good. But the guy's twenty two year old friend who was with him at the game is now facing charges.
Speaker 4: For buying alcohol for the twenty year old. Oh yeah, you can't be You can't buy alcohol for a monk under age.
Speaker 5: They have him on tape buying at least two beers, saying that got him drunk enough to have the accident fail twenty one feet from the stands. We'll see what happens in that case. Today's National wait Staff Day. I immediately think, let's celebrate them. They deserve it. They put up with a lot, but there's an online pull thanks to buzz Speed, which we know. They're crazy. They talk to thousands of different servers and they ask them some questions that make me question everything. Are you ready? I know you worked in the restaurant industry right long time? Have you ever eaten off of a customer's plate?
Speaker 3: Never?
Speaker 4: One third of servers do they have?
Speaker 1: Does it go one step further?
Speaker 2: Does I talk about before you serve the food or didn't or cleaning up the table?
Speaker 5: Because does that change your answer?
Speaker 1: One of them, I.
Speaker 2: Still didn't do it, but that would be gross. After if they you're going through their pick, you know, you're picking over their leftovers.
Speaker 1: There is one I've seen.
Speaker 2: I'll tell you right now. I absolutely have seen dishwashers do it. I've seen more than one dishwasher eating out of the bus bin, the bus the bin that you bring back.
Speaker 5: There is one question that said, have you ever finished a customer's alcoholic beverage?
Speaker 4: Like if they didn't drink every last drop, why wouldn't you? My favorite? Have you ever.
Speaker 5: Retaliated against a rude customer?
Speaker 1: Yes? Half of servers say yes they have. Yeah, what'd you do?
Speaker 2: There are things that I would never share, you know, there are things that we we would judge you. We were awful Waiting. We were awful people.
Speaker 1: Not that was bad.
Speaker 2: That was a rough scene in the movie. Have you ever seen the movie Waiting?
Speaker 5: I don't think so.
Speaker 2: Okay, it's a Ryan Reynolds movie, and we don't like him. It is probably the best adaptation of what it's like working in a restaurant for one day. Yeah, it's a great it's a funny, funny movie.
Speaker 1: But man, you learn a lot.
Speaker 5: Shout out to all the white staff. Yes, all right, sad news. Norm from Cheers died yesterday. Yes, George went played Norm on Cheers for the entire eleven seasons.
Speaker 1: He was the best.
Speaker 5: There's no word on what happened to him. He was only seventy six. That seems kind of young, doesn't it. Yeah, he was with his family. He said he died peacefully in his sleep while he was at home.
Speaker 1: He was a larger man.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that could have had something to do with it.
Speaker 4: Right, That's the way I want to go, just peacefully in my sleep with my family.
Speaker 1: We said Jason Sudeikis's uncle. I learned that today because I'm getting.
Speaker 2: A lot of emails on that. In fact, I was just trying to think of he was one of those characters that every single person loved him, and I'm trying to think of, like, who's a modern day version of that?
Speaker 1: Like Kramer.
Speaker 2: It seemed like everybody loved Kramer, like you know, if you had a favorite on a show. I don't know if Joey was universally loved on Friends? Was he the guy the lovable guy that everyone loved?
Speaker 1: But Norm was that guy?
Speaker 2: Maybe when I was a little kid, everybody loved Ponsie.
Speaker 1: On Happy Days. I'm trying to think of a modern day version of just from the Office or Michael Scott. Does everyone love him or do you love to hate them? I'm talking about loved that guy. We loved Dwight.
Speaker 2: Really it's not He's not a polarizing guy. Everyone loves him.
Speaker 7: You like, Yeah, you liked his Shnanians right. I don't know Creed Bratton, what might have been a better one? He was less of a character.
Speaker 1: I just I just don't know. But was just so great.
Speaker 2: You couldn't wait for his entrance on the show. You couldn't wait for him to come in like Kramer. You couldn't wait for him to come into Jerry's room, Jerry's apartment.
Speaker 1: By just Jameson's daby Billy Free.
Speaker 3: That guy.
Speaker 1: Everybody loves that guy?
Speaker 2: Yeah, just not everybody watches that show, all right? Rip norm Why.
Speaker 4: The Foo Fighters fired Josh Freese, He still doesn't know.
Speaker 2: Josh clearly doesn't know, and he's having some fun with it.
Speaker 5: The bands told him they wanted a different direction, but it gave him no clear reason, so he decided to make a joke out of it. He shared a funny list of ten possible reasons why he was fired on Instagram. Yes, and everyone thinks it's hilarious. Because it is.
Speaker 4: That's the way to do things.
Speaker 1: Poor guy.
Speaker 2: Clearly has a sense of humor. He's universally loved in the music world.
Speaker 12: Yeah.
Speaker 2: One of his reasons for getting fired possible reasons demanded starting every rehearsal with a twenty minute cowbell sound bath. Oh once whistled my hero for a week solid on tour. That'll get you fired. You know, here's an offspring reference, promised Noodles. He could be the fourth guitarist.
Speaker 1: He's funny, he's having fun with these. He still he still doesn't know why he was fired.
Speaker 5: Those are Houston's headlines.
Speaker 2: All right, what you got over there?
Speaker 7: Well, the Astros fell to the Rays last night, three to two. They're gonna wrap up their series with the Rays this afternoon, Hunter Brown, I'll be on the mount for the shows, going up against Tampa Bay's Taj Bradley. First pitches at twelve to ten. You could listen to the game on our sister station, Sports Talk seven ninety. In the NBA Playoffs, the thunder blew out the Timberwolves one, fourteen to eighty eight in Game.
Speaker 1: One of the Western Conference Finals.
Speaker 7: And the Stanley Cup Playoffs, Panthers beat the Hurricanes five to two in Game one of the Eastern Conference Finals. In some Olympic news, congratulations to the US. We've already won a gold medal for the twenty twenty eight LA Olympics. Flag football is going to be a part of the Olympic Games for the first time ever, and yesterday NFL owners voted to allow players to try out for.
Speaker 1: The US flag football team.
Speaker 7: They will make the team and then we will just we will just absolutely dominate the rest of the world.
Speaker 1: So shout out to the Team USA.
Speaker 7: Also, I have two pairs of tickets right out of callers ten and eleven at seven and three, two and two, five nine for five. You can go win a pair of tickets to the Big Three that'll be in town August second at the Toyota Center with four to fifty minute, fast paced and competitive three on three basketball games along with halftime performances from top musical artists.
Speaker 1: Houston's got a team in it.
Speaker 7: Houston's righands coached by Rockets great Calvin Murphy. So callers ten and eleven to seven, three, two and two, five, nine for five, you're gonna go see the Big Three.
Speaker 1: That's what's going on in Sports, Houston's Rock and Alternatives, The.
Speaker 8: Rod Ross The Morning Show six to ten AM, ninety four or.
Speaker 1: Five people, eight o nine.
Speaker 2: My goodness, I'm getting set up here and I gotta kind of do all the setup work here. Alex the Pudding music, it's I think we have an intro for this game. We're gonna play the Shout It Out Loud Game. And Mo, did anybody email you? Did they give you any idea of what we're going to be playing.
Speaker 5: I get a lot of emails, but as of right now, I've not seen anyone described me what the Shout It Out Loud Game is.
Speaker 1: Okay, we're going to play.
Speaker 2: A game coming up. It's going to be for some great concert tickets. So I'm going to continue to allow you to wonder what you're going to be playing. But that's coming up in just a little bit. It was brought to my attention. We've been talking a lot about George went Passing Away and he played the character Norm on Cheers, and it's an older show.
Speaker 1: It's come up on this program from time to time.
Speaker 2: It was the most watched television show the finale, you know, ninety million people or something tuned into that. I don't think it broke the record that mash had, but you know, super Bowl type numbers for the finale of the show Cheers. That kind of shows you how much that show was loved. And I said, the most loved guy on that show. I mean there was an argument. You know, Woody Harrelson got his start on that show. Wood he was pretty beloved and Coach before him. Would he replaced Coach who died while they were.
Speaker 1: Shooting the show.
Speaker 2: But Norm, that character was so universally loved, And I said, kind of like a Seinfeld when you look at the cast, such a strong cast, but you know, Kramer just was special, you know, and Norm was like that. We were saying, is there a modern day version of that on a television show? Well, not so much, but yesmind Jay says, if you look at today's Norm has to be Chilli universally loved. You can't wait for him to enter the door, You can't wait for him to come into the rooms, you can't wait for him to say what he says.
Speaker 1: Chili, you're the Norm.
Speaker 2: You're the universally loved guy that they can't wait to see what you're going to add to the show. I have to agree with this email. Bro, I mean, Norm, give.
Speaker 5: Us your speech.
Speaker 7: JA.
Speaker 1: We have to yell it when you went when you went into the room, JA, the brown Norm. All right, let's all try everybody else JI one two three.
Speaker 12: JA, Yes, you know it's the world.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 12: I'm wearing a burrito on the win.
Speaker 1: All right.
Speaker 2: I thought that was a really good observation. Yeah, sure you are the you are the norm of the rod Ryan. I'm not to drink a beer then, all right, very good. The other funny Norm thing was he went to the bathroom in the show and a couple came into the bar and they sat down in his stool in his.
Speaker 4: I haven't seen the show, but I'm aware of that.
Speaker 1: He sat in the same stool every time. And then he's standing there and he's like and they're like, Hi, who are you a Norm?
Speaker 2: Like what do you do?
Speaker 1: I sit there?
Speaker 3: What do you do?
Speaker 1: I sit right there? They ended up moving.
Speaker 2: All right, shout it out loud.
Speaker 1: Game.
Speaker 2: I'll explain everything to you, and I figure I might as well discover you all at the same time. How we're going to play the game. What the game is all about?
Speaker 1: Three of you. I'll share this with you.
Speaker 2: The Shout It Out Loud game, listeners are going to get to call in and they're gonna get to pick a cast member of the show them.
Speaker 1: Do you want Chili?
Speaker 2: Do you want Mo, who's never played before? Do you want Alex? Chili's kind of freakishly good at this game?
Speaker 7: Yes, he.
Speaker 1: Not every game.
Speaker 2: Chili doesn't flourish in every game. I like to build, I like to adjust everyone's crown. He's better at some things than other things. He is good at shout it out Loud, So don't rule him out as when when it comes to picking a cast member. But we'll get into all of this for those coheat taking back Sunday tickets after the break Rock and Alternative.
Speaker 8: The rod Ryan Morning Show six am.
Speaker 2: Welcome back everybody to our wild card Wednesday edition of your rod Ryan Show. Getting ready and set to go for our Show It Out Loud game. I'll explain everything to Mo, and I'll explain it to you at the same time.
Speaker 1: All you have to do is kind of sit.
Speaker 2: Back, try to get through and pick a cast member on The rod Ryan Show. Alsoly clouding today ten percent chance rain hies up around ninety one.
Speaker 1: Alex P. Middleton was that a fresh out of bed head to head question. MO it was, what are Alex's initials?
Speaker 4: Three initials?
Speaker 2: What are the three initials?
Speaker 1: Alex P. Middleton?
Speaker 2: Also Alex J.
Speaker 1: Middleton too?
Speaker 5: Except taking very good?
Speaker 1: All right, what do you got?
Speaker 2: What's trending?
Speaker 7: Oh well, wild Card Wednesday continues to trend Houston Zone. Fiji Water was submitted to us by listener BG and people are checking her out at the world famous Rod Ryan showpage at the buzz dot com. You said Fiji waterg Watts's her name, okay, and also the name of the average No copyright infringement.
Speaker 1: She's not worried. I don't not as far as I'm concerned.
Speaker 2: Ood good.
Speaker 7: Golden Dome is trending, and they're not talking about Notre Dame.
Speaker 1: Those are the Golden domes I'm familiar with.
Speaker 7: Trump announced a one hundred and seventy five million dollars Golden Dome missile defense system that's going to for the first time put weapons in space.
Speaker 1: Star Wars kind happened in real time.
Speaker 2: I got a great name for a compum.
Speaker 7: Yeah that is I didn't think about that. And then cucumber recall is trending. Is a huge cucumber. Recall, it's linked to a salmonilla outbreak that's hospitalized some people in several states, and people are talking about that.
Speaker 1: It's trending on ninety for five to bush. Is there a game intro?
Speaker 3: It?
Speaker 1: Sure is? Oh God, listen for Chili.
Speaker 8: Shout it.
Speaker 1: Oh that here's me shout it. So you said somebody sent you an email about chowder.
Speaker 5: There's a few chowder emails and snake emails. I still have no idea how to play the game, so thank you for nothing.
Speaker 1: So Chili was asked to.
Speaker 2: Sing Shout It Out Loud, and it sounded like he was ain't chouder chowder?
Speaker 3: All right.
Speaker 2: The name of the game is Shout It Out Loud. So you are going to be competing against Alex and Chile. And I said that Chili's freakishly good at this. Okay, So I'm going to give you a category and then I'm gonna need a specific letter where where I just must be glutton for punishment. You guys that you guys do what the game says. The title Shout It out Loud, you shout out the answer. So I'm gonna give you an example. I'm just gonna let you play on your own a cartoon cat's name starting with the letter G Garfield Boom.
Speaker 4: A yell louder, though, because they can be yelling to.
Speaker 3: I don't know that.
Speaker 2: I think you need to be quicker than that sometimes, or it could be something really obscure, like snake. Everyone wants everyone wants more of this te word.
Speaker 1: Okay, that was quick. That was quick.
Speaker 2: Now they're going to be yelling at me as well.
Speaker 5: Okay, same time, I think you did good.
Speaker 12: Yeah.
Speaker 1: When it's it's an open forum, got it, everyone's yelling out answers at the same time.
Speaker 4: You just pick whoever you hear first.
Speaker 1: Yeah, interesting, Not.
Speaker 2: Who I hear first?
Speaker 4: I pick who do you like the best?
Speaker 2: Who said it first?
Speaker 8: That's what I.
Speaker 3: So.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna win, all right, most likely?
Speaker 2: Okay, Chili, I've I've I've put you on the pedestal on this one seven, one, three, two, two, nine, four, five, three of you will get through. You pick either Alex Moe or Chile to play for you to win those Kohei Cambria tickets. The person that gets three first, yes, oh three first of the shout it out loud games seven one three.
Speaker 8: You're listening to the rod Ryan Show on ninety four five the.
Speaker 1: Bus ninety four five the bus p roach last year. Sorry, rod Ryan Show on a Wild Car Wednesday. Well, I hope you're off to a great start to your day.
Speaker 2: We've got Kohid and Cambria taking back Sunday tickets. The show is September eighth at the seven to one to three Music Hall.
Speaker 1: Let's go say hi to a few people here.
Speaker 2: Oh geez, I gotta keep scoring everything, damn I got. I don't know why I decided to play this game today.
Speaker 1: Ken, Good morning, Good morning. I have to do all the work. Hi, Ken, how are you right? Great?
Speaker 2: Just realize how much work this game is for me? And how somebody walks away upset every time I played this game, Somebody's gonna get butt hurt.
Speaker 4: It's not gonna be me.
Speaker 1: It won't be me either.
Speaker 2: It won't be me because I know judge, Jury and executioner. Ken, who's playing for you today?
Speaker 3: All right?
Speaker 5: As soon as I heard Ken's voice, I was like, he's a lover.
Speaker 1: Okay, all right, all right, all right, so Ken, good luck to you. Jose good morning, He good morning. I mean, Chili must be playing for you, right? I get you got Alex.
Speaker 12: He got confused with.
Speaker 5: It happens.
Speaker 1: How could Jose not be playing for Jose? Did you know Chili looked just.
Speaker 5: Like he put his name on my phone? This something about the Himalayan.
Speaker 2: Okay, all right, Jose is on team Alex. Good luck to you, and hello Todd, Hello Rod, Hey you scored Chili?
Speaker 3: Huh? I did this is the top team?
Speaker 1: Todd's filling out a tanker this morning too.
Speaker 5: I didn't know we needed team names.
Speaker 2: You going tank top on Buzzfest Sunday or Saturday.
Speaker 13: I was going to wear a shirt to say Chile a maniacs, but it's not gonna come on, come in time with huh slacker?
Speaker 12: Yeah, all right, so many choices.
Speaker 2: I didn't go through the whole thing of who picked who first, but who got picked first got taken first in this game because.
Speaker 1: I hate all of our games?
Speaker 3: Or was she so?
Speaker 2: Did she do so great in the example round that somebody said, my best shot to get win tickets is go with that.
Speaker 1: Maybe, Okay, here we go, mad shut shout shout it out, shut shine, shout it up.
Speaker 2: All right, shouder boy, I've got the categories here. The key here is listening for the letter. The other key here is don't say snakes.
Speaker 1: Okay, Alex, don't give me a subject that might have that as an answer.
Speaker 2: But if I'm looking for something and it's the letter an, I'm done with this.
Speaker 1: Different kinds of breeds?
Speaker 2: But why are we playing this game?
Speaker 1: All right?
Speaker 2: Here we go, shout it out. When you know the answer, The letter is key. The second thing is the best answer. Well, all so gets you a point.
Speaker 1: You're changing things.
Speaker 17: Yeah, give me a celebrity with the last name starting with the letter V. They didn't Diesel last name van Dyke.
Speaker 2: Is his name van Dyke, Dick van Dyke, van Dyke.
Speaker 1: Yes, I still don't know a type of snake.
Speaker 5: That was hard one.
Speaker 1: I usually have one in my brain. Don vito. Alex gets a point.
Speaker 2: Jose gets a point. Veto not chile the Jose on the phone.
Speaker 1: Okay, here we go.
Speaker 2: Something great about Houston starting with the letter food.
Speaker 1: Alex.
Speaker 12: Here, man, I was going to get me intro that.
Speaker 3: You go down the street.
Speaker 1: Oh man, you find yourself some fine chill. Are you guys playing?
Speaker 4: I'm not even here right now?
Speaker 1: Are you guys playing?
Speaker 4: I'm selling all A man sitting next to me.
Speaker 12: We're trying to keep for jobs.
Speaker 1: Shout it out loud, something people jump off of, starting with a d diving board.
Speaker 5: That was a set up for me, Dude, Chiller, I've never been so wronged in my entire life.
Speaker 3: I mean what.
Speaker 12: I mean, Alex got it.
Speaker 1: Shout good game. When you're hot, you're hot, you know. Sorry, Jose, your boy just went three for three on shout out.
Speaker 5: That was crazy.
Speaker 1: Right right again.
Speaker 2: I prepared forty of these just in case I only needed three.
Speaker 1: That bad over prepare always.
Speaker 2: Holy crap, Chillie, we suck Cohed, Cohed and Cambria taking back Sunday, September eight, seven, three years call Alex just one, Jose. The tickets walking two three, and no snakes were mentioned.
Speaker 12: This game was not Chili friendly.
Speaker 2: Those snakes were mentioned or harmed during the making of this game.
Speaker 4: I'm too delayed in my brain. I've done too much stuff.
Speaker 7: In my life.
Speaker 12: The letter F in the letter D come off.
Speaker 4: Where we're gonna go?
Speaker 3: What do you?
Speaker 1: And I gave her.
Speaker 2: I gave her a T in the example, and I thought maybe she would stay well.
Speaker 1: I was like, all right, team tank Top, get up in there. We don't need your attitude.
Speaker 8: We have one of our own, The rod Ryan Show on ninety four five, The Bus.
Speaker 2: Ninety four five, The Buzz, Good Morning rod Ryan Show, Shine Down, Dead, Don't Die.
Speaker 1: You know, Shinedown has.
Speaker 2: Played every venue almost in the world now at this point, they've been around twenty almost twenty. I think they're going on twenty five years.
Speaker 1: That's why I really do think that they should be considered for the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame.
Speaker 2: The amount of singles that they've received, and I know we don't talk much about charts, although I just mentioned the Billboard two hundred chart and Sleep Tolkien's the number one album in the country, which is odd, but they've Shinedown has just broken records with the amount of stuff on the rock charts and everything else. They've just had so many singles. They've had such a career. I really do think it's a rock and roll Hall of Fame career. Where I'm going with this is they must be doing their show with Bush, the Dance Kid Dance Tour with Bush, and they're at Madison Square Garden, and that is still not lost on people. Madison Square Garden, there's really nothing special about it. I'm sorry, I'm sorry. It's just it's just another Toyota Center. It's just another place.
Speaker 4: Why is it bucket list for everyone?
Speaker 1: The biggest city, It's in the best city in the world. It's New York is so famous, and New York has drawn great events.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and great events have gone down in there. The building itself is not special crash. Yeah, it's old.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's old. Have you been in there? Yes?
Speaker 4: What did you see a basketball game? College basketball?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 5: Yes?
Speaker 2: Was it a Final Four situations? Okay, so yeah, there's been amazing events.
Speaker 4: In their legendary stuff.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: So I guess for that, I understand Shinedown must be playing there and Brents in front of it and they're taking pictures of it, and it's I think bands still think it's a big deal. You know, I would get more excited about Red Rocks, and I know bands do get excited about Red Rocks.
Speaker 1: Red Rocks.
Speaker 2: That's a legendary place. That is if you wanted to put a place on your bucket list, I guess. I mean, listen, a weekend in New York is amazing, It's magical. I think it's I think it's a beautiful city. I never wanted to live there.
Speaker 5: No, absolutely not.
Speaker 2: Where I grew up, a lot of people wanted to get out of school and go to New York and get a job here. Yeah, you know, that was the place to go when you're in New York. And I just never I never felt that. I didn't want to not have a car and maybe someday have a backyard and you know, not not like get groceries one bag at a time.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, cause you have to carry them.
Speaker 1: Yes, you know, like I never wanted to live like that.
Speaker 2: But yeah, So it's shine down playing Madison Square Garden and it's a big deal for a lot of bands. Still, for sure, I'm excited about the Woodlands Pavilion.
Speaker 1: Wasn't that voted?
Speaker 2: Maybe you guys even cover this when you were on your country station. Wasn't the Woodlands voted? Like the top live music venue?
Speaker 4: It always does very well because it's a clean, the area.
Speaker 2: Around it is nice, and the volume of shows that we get here and the things we get passed over, we don't. I know, sometimes some bands seem to pick on us, but I think wise it's always a top venue every year. So we've got a great show for you. It's a sold out show Buzzfest this Saturday. It's pit passes every day on air with us. Alex, You've got eight pair of regular tickets to give away to the sold out Buzzfest show.
Speaker 1: You're rolling with Neutral Wear Total Line.
Speaker 7: Were there, good friends at Neutral It's the twenty eight fifty seven Katie Freeway location of Total Line. They can't believe it's right near the heights today, So come hang out with me. I got eight pair to give away, and yeah, you just come sign out, buy some Neutral. Yeah, I mean take a picture.
Speaker 2: Starting at five, Yeah, starting at five o'clock. Okay, good, So listen, we're trying to create some opportunities for you to get in and party with us, buzz Rock and.
Speaker 8: The Rod Ryan Morning Show. I'm six to ten AM.
Speaker 2: Ninety four five, the Buzz the Beasties. You got a fights for your right to party rod Ryan's show. Last week of Alternative Income, you're chains to win a thousand dollars is coming your way in around nine ten. We will launch into that and then I think Jeremy's out.
Speaker 1: Good for him.
Speaker 2: Uh Reno, is it love me some Reno. He's going to give you a chance at ten ten eleven, ten, He'll go Teresa will do ten after the hour or two through five o'clock. Chris Isaac tickets on no the show today. Nothing over a ten percent chance of ring mostly cloudy hides up around ninety one today. All right, mo one final time, if you got it in you? What are Houston's headlines?
Speaker 4: Yes, good morning. Number five is back in jail.
Speaker 5: In the continuing saga of the NOLA ten, the fifth New Orleans jail escapee has been captured. Where was he? My first question? Who's at his grandma's house? Yeah, eating, sleeping in her room.
Speaker 1: You brought up a great question earlier.
Speaker 4: Is that like harboring a criminal.
Speaker 2: Harboring and abating and doing all those works.
Speaker 4: Unless he was doing it and she was like, baby, you gotta go, don't stay here.
Speaker 2: But if you didn't kick him out right away, and you just made him like a you know, a quick you know bowl jumble.
Speaker 4: Eye, he was a murderer, she wasn't gonna kick him out.
Speaker 2: She was like, oh my god, you look so thin.
Speaker 1: Get over here. You gotta eat, and then you got to leave.
Speaker 2: But I gotta feed you first. If I mean all grahamas one of this, Yeah, all grahamas want to feed you and then take them to your buddy.
Speaker 5: So I don't know.
Speaker 4: We'll see what happens to her.
Speaker 2: All those other guys that escape, they're all too thin.
Speaker 1: You've eating.
Speaker 5: But there is a twenty thousand dollars reward being offered for info leading to the capture. So maybe granny is twenty thousand dollars richer, y'all.
Speaker 2: We don't know, So you're thinking that maybe she's the one that called. I don't know, No way grandma rolled over my grandma. My grandma would roll over for free, but if there was money associated with it, she definitely would have called.
Speaker 5: Also, in the same case, the maintenance worker that helped the guys get out, he turned off the water to the toilet. He was arrested yesterday for his help and the escape. He claims the inmates threatened to shank him if he didn't help, so we had to do it.
Speaker 2: Well, excuse well, we have five guys, now we can ask five did you do it? We didn't threaten him, We just told him that you'd be cool if he help us out.
Speaker 5: But yeah, it was unanimous, no tax on your tip. The Senate passed it. No Tax on Tips Act with a rare unanimous vote one hundred to zero. Apparently it was kind of a surprise move. It removes federal income tax on tips for service workers. So waiters, bartender's, hairdressers, you get to keep more of your tip money. Okay, it's great news. One hundred to zero. Though, has that ever happened again?
Speaker 2: Do we before get to write off the tips that we give.
Speaker 4: I want to want to push like for charity, like you're giving it for It.
Speaker 1: Does feel like a donation though, so yeah, tip them ten bucks, like, hey, that's tax fie.
Speaker 2: It feels like a donation.
Speaker 5: I'm not a tax professional, but to pay until two years, let's look into it.
Speaker 2: I think that's a great thing. And I can't think of anything that was unanimously one hundred to zero.
Speaker 5: You know, hey, Alex, I don't know if you know this or not, but the end of Appolis five hundred is this weekend. It's the greatest spectacle in racing. I knew this year they've added They've added another race, the Weenie five hundred, the first competitive race for the entire wiermobile fleet. It's also the first time all six of the wienermobiles have gathered together in over a decade.
Speaker 4: There were six.
Speaker 5: I had no idea.
Speaker 2: I figured there was more than one.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but I thought they all like look the same. I've only seen one.
Speaker 1: Well they do look the same, well just have different names. They just but they hang out regionally. So I didn't I wouldn't have guessed six. I would have said, maybe.
Speaker 2: There was four in the fleet.
Speaker 4: Do you know what ours is named in the south here?
Speaker 1: I love this name, the chili Dog. Yeah, I love it.
Speaker 5: Watch the WIENI five hundred on Friday. You can watch it on Fox Sports app.
Speaker 1: Oh god, you do this to me again.
Speaker 5: I found out this morning the rod is the hugest Selena gomas man.
Speaker 2: I mean, not of all of her work, but this one specifically.
Speaker 1: It just does something to me when you're ready, come and get it. I don't know what happens to me. I just get when you're ready, come and get it.
Speaker 5: And then then then then then would would you eat Selena Gomez because she has a new flavor of oreo out.
Speaker 2: I had no idea you're gonna be this controversial?
Speaker 4: Yes, I would horn Shatta flavored.
Speaker 5: Are you familiar with the Mexican beverage milk cinnamon rice. It's gonna taste good with an oreo. It seems like it makes sense, right, I.
Speaker 2: Think you can make with what's that?
Speaker 7: Uh?
Speaker 1: What's that creamy white liquor liqueur? Km? That's dark?
Speaker 2: What's the white rum tatta?
Speaker 5: Thank you?
Speaker 2: Yes horn trotta?
Speaker 4: That sounds delicious together?
Speaker 1: Yea yeah yeah.
Speaker 5: Selena Gomez will start hitting the shelves on June ninth. Buy them for rod.
Speaker 4: Oh did y'all see Axel Roses a little temper tantr?
Speaker 1: Okay, I haven't seen this?
Speaker 3: Is there?
Speaker 1: Can we see him?
Speaker 8: Like?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 4: Like, is there a video?
Speaker 1: Is he likely helped me find a video? I put this.
Speaker 2: It might be already up on the music blog page. I know the story is and I think there is some probably some gorilla, some gorilla footage from from a live show. But Axel got upset on stage. Shocking, that's not shocking, You're right, it's like so.
Speaker 4: There in Mumbai. Apparently the new drummer played the wrong song during the show.
Speaker 5: Axel stopped the whole concert, walked off stage, refused to continue until the setlix was fixed.
Speaker 4: The brand new drummer fans are like, what in the heck is going on?
Speaker 5: The drummer apologized, Axel returned, and the band finished their show. But what happened after the show?
Speaker 1: Someone got a talking to us. Yeah, definitely gotta talk to I.
Speaker 2: Haven't seen a good Axel meltdown in a long time. Yeah, he screwed up. Now apparently it's okay if he screws up.
Speaker 1: Okay, he's screwed up.
Speaker 2: November rain in the stadium, really and something was wrong. It may have been off with the sound or the piano wasn't right or whatever. Body's sitting down ready to do his big intro on the piano something wasn't right, And I immediately thought, oh god, that's the end of the show. And he stopped, and he stopped and got it together and played the song, and everybody in the audience was thinking, this is the end of the show. He's going to storm off stage. So he did come back though, after the drummer got everything set was right and everything else.
Speaker 4: Those Aston's headlines, Oh the.
Speaker 2: Kooky teas and p's for that guy that we don't even know his name.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he's been in the bay long enough.
Speaker 4: Brian Titchy.
Speaker 6: Is that him?
Speaker 1: A lot of free agent drummers, at least drummer news every day. This is just there's a drummer swap going on everywhere. What he got?
Speaker 7: The Astros fell the Rays last night three to two. They gave him a walk off sackfly in the bottom of the ninth. They're going to wrap up this series with Tampa Bay this afternoon. Hunter Brown v in the mafter the show has gone up against the Rays. Taj Bradley first pitches at twelve to ten. You can listen to it on our sister station, Sports Talk seven any on the sports blog page.
Speaker 1: Today.
Speaker 7: The Cincinnati Reds keep hitting pigeons during batting practice and they are now.
Speaker 1: Two to zero. When they hit a pigeon during batting practice like a like a fly ball, well.
Speaker 7: There's a bunch of pigeons that'll congregate in the outfield, and drilled one last night.
Speaker 1: But apparently that was not the first time that's happened this season.
Speaker 7: And I have won both games where they have hit pigeons, so they have I think one hundred games left, over one hundred games left, So it's a bad day to be a pigeon in Cincinnati. It used to be only bad to be a gorilla in Cincinnati, but now pigeons, they're on a watch too. In the NBA Playoffs, the thunder blew out the Timberwolves one, fourteen to eighty eight in Game one of the Western Conference Finals, and then in the Stanley Cup Playoffs, the Panthers beat the Hurricanes five to two in Game one of.
Speaker 1: The Eastern Conference Finals.
Speaker 7: A quick congratulations, early congratulations to team USA because we've already won our first gold medal of the twenty twenty eight LA Olympics. Flag football is going to be a part of the Olympic Games, so the first time ever in twenty twenty eight, and yesterday, NFL owners voted to allow play to try out for the US flag football team.
Speaker 1: They will obviously make the team and then absolutely dominate the rest of the world. So congratulations USA with the best still and that is what's going on in sports. Somebody's gonna get hurt a hamstring something, hopefully like Saquon Bark Lady.
Speaker 5: Powers.
Speaker 2: He probably will be the running back.
Speaker 1: Now I'll be old by then Cam Scadaby will be the running back. You're just making You're just angry, all right, Thank you guys, Rock and alternative fair use The Rod.
Speaker 8: Ryan Morning Show six to ten AM, The Buzz.
Speaker 2: Ninety four five The Buzz, Good Morning rod Ryan Show, Creed My Sacrifice nine nine, Good morning everybody. Thank you for spending a little time with us at SAM one thousand dollars alternative of income. You're gonna get a word. You're gonna have to enter it at the buzz dot com for your chance to win. It is a national contest. Wizard has not. He's busy. I got it, you know, buzzfast, all this other stuff going on. Everybody's busy getting pulled in a number of directions. He's busy than most. He hasn't gotten with us. I mean, Alex, you check all Radio Wizard's emails. You're ma even on those emails.
Speaker 8: Never looks.
Speaker 1: I look all the time.
Speaker 2: Has he sent anything about local winners for this.
Speaker 1: Usually I remember seeing that.
Speaker 2: I get excited that you guys get involved with this stuff. Number one, I'd love for one one of you to win that nine to ten money. Get after it, guys, listen for the word internet the Buzz dot Com. You're shot to win. You got to be in it to win it. All that good stuff, all right.
Speaker 1: Mosey and the meat stick.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, I guess it's like a protein kind of like a slim gym type of things.
Speaker 5: The chumps.
Speaker 1: Can I see where it is?
Speaker 5: All stick with altp ick. Yes, I'm literally sitting in here, Alex. I know you just came back in the studio.
Speaker 1: So my wife calls me business.
Speaker 5: I remember that the cameras are always on and I'm sitting here eating a meat stick.
Speaker 2: Well you forgot that the cameras were on. You didn't have that at your old show.
Speaker 4: No, they were not always on, No, just when you were talking.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they are on the whole time. So if somebody wants to go and grab some video of I did not even notice.
Speaker 1: You were meat sticks in here.
Speaker 4: My first week it was the cleavage cam, and now it's the I don't even know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, she's got it.
Speaker 1: She's getting used to the cameras. It takes a second.
Speaker 2: What mine's doing way over here? I'm adjusting mine right now.
Speaker 1: Was that what happened?
Speaker 18: Oh?
Speaker 2: Yeah, we were playing the game.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 7: I feel like I always The camera's placement here is fantastic in the studio.
Speaker 1: It's a great studio. I love it here.
Speaker 2: Keith Landry says, I was working that Guns N' Roses show that you were talking about at the stadium. You're right, I was also waiting for the explosion and completely surprised that he just kind of chuckled.
Speaker 1: And went back to it.
Speaker 2: We were talking about Axl Rose. Yes, Boy, did I thought I think I was going to be I thought I was gonna be at a show that we were going to be talking about the next day where Axel stormed off stage. Now, he did storm off stage in the video that we have. We have a video on the music blog page the drummer brand new drummer for Guns N' Roses.
Speaker 1: God, I'm sure the guy's a pro. I don't know.
Speaker 2: I'm sure the guy's are pro. I'm sure they put it in a seasoned veteran in there, and even those guys make mistakes. He started the wrong song, Axel got pissed and stormed off stage. Did end up coming back. But you don't know with Axel, And don't get me wrong, asshole move It's just Axel Rose. We've come to know this about him, and he is the most moody bitch out there. I thought the show was over. Something was wrong with the piano on November Rain and I thought, Okay, here it is. I'm gonna witness what I've always heard about Axel Rose. It's gonna happen right here. He laughed it off and started the song over. Why so yeah, Keith was at that show very good. Where are we at with the shot name, Abigail snake Chowder? Do we have a shot name yet for ditch Days?
Speaker 1: Something more related?
Speaker 2: I think we all agree that it had to.
Speaker 1: Be Mow related, right Like I like one Mo.
Speaker 10: I like the one Mo.
Speaker 1: Anything with Mo in it has seemed seems to be a favorite of everybody's. Who can see that far?
Speaker 3: Mo?
Speaker 1: Can you see that far? You got good eyes?
Speaker 2: I do give me some of the most that are on the We have a dry erase board here with a running list of things that have been suggested.
Speaker 1: That far away rod okay, not that far.
Speaker 5: There's a moment at mile moment at mile okay, because I said, I run really fast my entire life. We're gonna have you run at There's sports brawls in the world. There's a gizmo that's cute. Okay, there's a mopeed I like that. It's funny.
Speaker 4: Uh, double mover time. No should I cross it out?
Speaker 1: At least just erase it. It's a dry erase board.
Speaker 4: There's a gimme some mo.
Speaker 1: Gimme mo?
Speaker 17: What is it?
Speaker 4: Give me some mo?
Speaker 1: So the shot would be some mo, give me some mo, one mo shot. I like that one slow mo. You like give me some mo slow mo. It's good.
Speaker 4: You have to sip on it though you can't shoot it.
Speaker 5: It's slow.
Speaker 1: It's it's a sip of what else.
Speaker 5: There's one called the Plumber, which is my husband's name. Okay, Trucker JT. I don't know. Do any of those inspire you?
Speaker 8: Rod?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm good to give me some mo?
Speaker 4: Was the one that really got you?
Speaker 2: Is there just something most centric that hasn't been said yet?
Speaker 4: There's a whole list. There's a lot you can do with that.
Speaker 2: Okay, let's just say that MO country for all.
Speaker 1: Okay, there you go. That's a little wordy.
Speaker 2: I got friends in MO places.
Speaker 1: Yeah, cute. I'm gonna say this.
Speaker 2: If you're going to suggest a shot, it should have MO in it. I think there's some fine ones in there. It's always been. In years past, lasers have come out and explosions when it's just it's.
Speaker 1: Just kind of happened there.
Speaker 2: And I think those are all fine names.
Speaker 1: You know, it's nothing like a wizard on top of the mountain.
Speaker 4: Okay, we're looking for our wizard.
Speaker 2: We haven't seen that yet, you know what I mean?
Speaker 1: So all right, so do better. If you're going to suggest a shot name, incorporate mo into it. Shot.
Speaker 2: Let's get this, okay, mofo, we're getting somewhere.
Speaker 1: Mofongo. I don't even know what that means.
Speaker 2: Rock and.
Speaker 8: Ryan Morning Show. I'm six to ten am.
Speaker 2: Welcome back, everybody, rot Ryan's show on a wild card Wednesday. I hope you're getting after that alternative income.
Speaker 1: Don't worry.
Speaker 2: We'll go back to the local free booty and we'll give you Chris Isaac tickets on the show. A lot of shot suggestions here, a lot.
Speaker 1: Of there's a lot of time.
Speaker 5: I've got to go write a motown.
Speaker 1: There's a lot to go through here.
Speaker 2: But I said, if you were going to give me shot suggestions, it's would be like most centric. Somebody said, name the shot mos centric. I do have a guy here and said, Rob, did I hear you correctly on the radio? Did you say Mofongo. I did kind of throw that out there.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we're open to everything.
Speaker 1: I know what I was saying.
Speaker 2: He's like, it is Italian, okay, I think it means something bad.
Speaker 1: I think yeah.
Speaker 2: I think loosely translated, that would be mo in the butt fungu fung. I think it's Italian. Really, I looked up fungu. I worked with a waitress, hap Happy National waitress. They so maybe subliminally it went in there. She would use that all the time. She was Italian fungoo. She would yell at us all.
Speaker 1: The time, f O n g o. And then I looked it up.
Speaker 2: I think it's said in the movie Grease. I think Rizzo says it. It's Italian. Rizzo of course, Mofongo.
Speaker 1: The mud own shot a good one that you can't really say that. It's more.
Speaker 2: Okay monifico, ooh, that's pretty good. Show me mo mosy on drop it like it's MO sweet and Mo mo rider, Mo buzz came in from a lot of people, MO tow boat.
Speaker 1: That's a lot.
Speaker 2: Malicious is good, molicious, malicious is good. Yeah, marinate in that for a minute, praying about it, getting the top on that malicious pretty good. It's pretty good. I mean, I don't know that I'm seeing lasers, but it's it's I could get out a laser if I have to mow for show up for MO. Gimme MO shot names MO better blues, MO tour boat again with that?
Speaker 8: MO?
Speaker 3: All right?
Speaker 2: Molicious, molicious?
Speaker 1: Any three? Malicious? Pretty maliciousness, it's pretty good.
Speaker 5: Yell, are clever.
Speaker 2: We haven't had that one yet, have we? No malicious?
Speaker 4: I have the list of all the ones you've had.
Speaker 2: It's funny like that.
Speaker 1: It's in the butt.
Speaker 2: You can't do that.
Speaker 8: Line online.
Speaker 1: Okay, someone's laughing about it. Okay, all right, put it on the list. Someone snorted about it. Put it on the list.
Speaker 3: All right.
Speaker 2: What's your AOL today?
Speaker 1: I should have said to submit most shot.
Speaker 5: Ideas about Urban Dictionary looking up mofongo.
Speaker 7: Today, you've be looking at album covers without the people in the band on them and trying to see how many of them you named.
Speaker 1: They are very famous album covers, so you should do pretty well on this. Check it out Abbey Road on there. It's the first one yet.
Speaker 2: Okay, I say, is there a more famous album cover featuring the band members?
Speaker 1: Okay? Remember so solo artists. Tommy is probably bigger than that. Thriller sold more copies, but like more recognizable album cover. Abby really probably need to think of right.
Speaker 2: I don't know if if if Thrillers sold more copies, more people have it, more people have seen it.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 2: I don't know how you would qualify that.
Speaker 4: What's the thriller one? Is it just like a back alley laying there with the tiger?
Speaker 2: Is there a tiger? I just know him in the white laying there on his own day.
Speaker 7: Yeah, he's laying there. Yeah, but yeah, go check it out. Sew any of these albums, albums that.
Speaker 1: You can name with the world. Tennes's rod Ryan Show page, the buzz dot Com, The rod.
Speaker 18: Ryan Show on ninety four, the Bus, Red Hat, Chili Beppers, Black Suler, Good Morning rod Ryan Show on this wild Card Wednesday.
Speaker 2: That is our number one link today. The Looking at Girls blog page is really really good. Is I'm just I don't want to get into it. I don't want to have a full blown discussion about it. Is there any chance that Bill Belichick is engaged to the Yes? Now you just want to believe that or you really do think that something is headed in that direction.
Speaker 5: Jordan wanted it to get out, so she told her friend, and her friend immediately told the press.
Speaker 1: Okay, with the pressure on Bill, what's the pressure on Bill?
Speaker 3: Bill? Bill?
Speaker 7: Bill, Bill, Bill Bill?
Speaker 1: I know that's fun right now, Bill.
Speaker 2: I know you're having a good time, But is that gonna be a good time?
Speaker 1: That doesn't seem like a good.
Speaker 2: Time for long Okay, that's like I'm here for a good time, not a long time.
Speaker 8: That's what that is.
Speaker 1: Go look up the song. Okay, there's a song about it. Okay, they wrote a whole song about it, all right.
Speaker 2: Well, that's on the Looking at Girls blog page. Also one of the businesses. I know she's got many, but Kim Kardashian skims. She got a brasier out there, yes, but you know that right, you know, panties and all that shapewear. Now, she's got a bra that has two barbells in it, so then you look like you have your nipples pierced. Yes, that's on Looking at Girls Today.
Speaker 5: Right before that, it was just nipples. And so she took it up a notch from the last creation.
Speaker 1: What's next? What is next?
Speaker 13: What next?
Speaker 2: What hasn't she done yet? You know, like maybe tattoos on the bra. You don't got to get them on your skin, Kim copy?
Speaker 1: What do you say?
Speaker 2: Verbal copyright, verbal trademark, verbal trademark, thank you. There's been a lot of talk of The Rod Ryan Show twenty twenty five ditch Day going down at Cactus Cove. I might as well talk about it. It's Friday, the thirteenth of June. What a weekend, ditch day?
Speaker 1: Noon?
Speaker 2: It's day drinking. That's all it is. Most like, well, what is this thing? I'm like, it's nothing. It's dumb.
Speaker 1: It's us just drinking during the day. I love it.
Speaker 2: I need someone to pick up my kid from school that day, but no, my kid's not in school that day. Yes summer, okay, I need someone to pick up a.
Speaker 1: Kid from camp. So it's drinking during the day.
Speaker 2: It is at Cactus Cove. But that weekend is what I'm saying. Friday the thirteenth, the fourteenth is Metallica. Sunday is Father's Day.
Speaker 1: What a weekend?
Speaker 2: Busy again, nobody cares about Father's Day?
Speaker 3: I get it.
Speaker 1: What else do you need to know?
Speaker 2: It's all, it's it's an adult party.
Speaker 1: It's not all ages.
Speaker 2: This isn't like bring the kids to come meet the Rob Ryan Show, because we're gonna be drinking, yes, and uh there's and there's gonna be a shot and we have determined that it's gonna be something mo related. I got this one made things move a little bit for me?
Speaker 5: Which one.
Speaker 1: The moner? It's funny, welcome. I woke up this morning with a moner.
Speaker 4: What does that say about your meat stick? Brian would like it to be meat stick mo, meatstick Mo.
Speaker 1: You guys are think moner's great. I thinker's good.
Speaker 2: A moner Give me four moners mowers.
Speaker 4: I gotta practice with it a little bit, go for.
Speaker 1: Go for a moner right now? Okay? Is it worthy of writing down? I thought it was all I like it more than everyone else. Sorry, now I get it.
Speaker 2: Sometimes you can twist the word mo into another word, but if it's not easily, it doesn't roll off the tongue because it's hard to explain because the word. You have a problem with the word moist. No, I've been told that girls don't like that word.
Speaker 1: It's better than dry moist. I like the word. I like saying it most.
Speaker 2: You know what I mean, like somebody somebodys trying to shoehorn mow and the moist.
Speaker 1: Give me a moist, give me four moists. It's funny.
Speaker 2: Mofasa moring.
Speaker 1: Hit me one mo time.
Speaker 5: That's cute, momentous.
Speaker 1: I need a moment. Oh you like that better than Mona.
Speaker 12: It's cute.
Speaker 1: You laughed at that.
Speaker 5: Moner made me laugh. No, but's if you mo Fungu made me snort.
Speaker 2: Okay, mo Fungu.
Speaker 4: Yeah, oh boy, you've set the bar.
Speaker 3: I like that.
Speaker 1: I need a moment. I'm here at Ditch Day and I need a moment moment. It's good we writing these down.
Speaker 5: Okay, I'm gonna go write them on the board when I'm not talking in the microphone.
Speaker 2: All right, guys, listen, our eye is on the prize. Buzzfest is this weekend sold out show. You know we're giving away pit passes. Most shared something with me and hell again, if we're talking off air, you've got to phrase everything.
Speaker 1: This is not for air. I don't think it's an It's nothing like that.
Speaker 2: You're fine, bring it on.
Speaker 1: You did you did let me know that you might be the.
Speaker 2: Person responsible for the Memorial Day get together backyard cookout, pool party type thing, and.
Speaker 1: Are you kind of ruining that for your friends?
Speaker 3: Well?
Speaker 5: You actually, I am.
Speaker 2: Okay, is Buzzfest routing that work?
Speaker 5: Usually, that's like our data host, and so all of our friend group knows that Memorial Day weekend we host the pool party.
Speaker 1: You're on the hook for that.
Speaker 4: I'm off the hook for that.
Speaker 1: I got a new job.
Speaker 4: I got a new job.
Speaker 2: Okay, so you've been on the hook for that, But right are you not off the hook?
Speaker 1: Will they make you move it to Sunday or is it always been an Saturday?
Speaker 5: No, because we have a wedding this weekend as well, so we're going to go to the Woodlands. We're staying in the Woodlands all weekend.
Speaker 1: Nice. I was reading this morning. I listen, I'll host. I don't mind doing it.
Speaker 2: I'm not hosting anything. As a matter of fact, the day after Buzzfest, listen, it's not heavy lifting. Okay, We're not swinging a hammer all day. There is something that is exhaustive about Buzzfest that.
Speaker 1: The next day I am a zombie.
Speaker 5: You're off, Yes, I am.
Speaker 2: An absolute zombie. And the fact that we have Monday off, God, thanks God. So I don't mind on Sunday, I don't mind throwing a couple of hot dogs or hamburgers on the grill. But Friday night, like I know you're out partying.
Speaker 1: What you're a man on, I'm gonna be being responsible Porty's backyard.
Speaker 5: I have a wedding.
Speaker 1: You have a wedding, a radio wedding, a bunch of radio people.
Speaker 2: Okay, So I'm at home and I'm gonna make my coleslaw. I'm gonna make my potato salad. I'm gonna make my probably pasta salad, and all that's ready to go.
Speaker 1: I want all that stuff ready to go for Sunday.
Speaker 4: Come into your house on Sunday.
Speaker 2: I don't want to do anything. No, nobody's allowed at my house.
Speaker 4: But what are you cooking for me?
Speaker 3: For us?
Speaker 4: Thank you, Alex. I want pasta salad.
Speaker 1: I don't mind a few people stopping by.
Speaker 2: I am not hosting, though you're getting your own drinks.
Speaker 1: I'm not.
Speaker 4: I'm not hosting neutrals.
Speaker 1: I am a zombie on Sunday.
Speaker 2: Out the news, I'll get my little I'll get my uh my little Mary out breakfast.
Speaker 1: I'll go home and am I sitting in the pool that's it sounds like I'm not cooking or doing any of that stuff. We'll probably watch the Indy five hundred. You're a race nut, right, all right?
Speaker 2: Chris Isaac tickets on no the Show July twenty ninth, and Chris.
Speaker 1: Is playing the Toyota Center. Okay, say it might break your heart if you don't win these tickets.
Speaker 2: People were you, people were asking you. I couldn't believe you brought it up.
Speaker 7: Because you always schoeharn Away into playing that game. And the fact that we're actually giving away Chris Isaac tickets, I think is kind of wild.
Speaker 1: Bungo.
Speaker 7: Hey, mo, fuf do you I'll call the FCC right now, the Italian FCC.
Speaker 2: The show is not until July. You can bet your ass there's gonna be a point on this show that we're going to play the Chris Isaac Game for Chris Isaac tickets. I'm just telling you, I'm trying to get.
Speaker 1: The guy in here.
Speaker 2: I'm trying to he should I have issued an invitation to Chris Isaac to come in, and to my knowledge, it's the only known game called the Chris Isaac Game in the world.
Speaker 4: We play it here and to have him in the studio.
Speaker 1: And it's not a goof either.
Speaker 2: Like I know he's gonna be worried his management be like, well, you guys making fun of him. I'm like, not at all, not at all. It is an absolute homage to Chris Isaac. So we're gonna give away some Chrisizy tickets. Don't worry, We're gonna play the Chris Isaac came down the road before the show hits July twenty ninth. Know the show is how Mo the Show is, how you're gonna win these? So sit tight for her question After.
Speaker 7: This Houston's Alternative All Day and The Rod Ryan Morning Show.
Speaker 2: Ninety five on Mindy four or five The Buzz Welcome back Rod Ryan's show on this wildcard Wednesday, getting ready to wrap things up mostly cloudy high of a round ninety one. Sorry, that's all I'm getting our MO emails. I can't like work mow into every single everything that I'm saying here, Like Mo the Show. I've been calling it MO the show for a while though, since she took over the show for Chris Isaac. Tickets Toyota Center, July twenty ninth. What's your question today?
Speaker 5: Rod's Latina Pop Princess just announce a collab with Oreos.
Speaker 4: Who is Rod's Latina Pop Princess?
Speaker 1: Seven one three two one two.
Speaker 2: You just want to hear me sing seven one three two two five nine five.
Speaker 1: If you mow the show, we.
Speaker 2: Are worldwide everywhere you Lissa wid tell your smart device to play ninety four to five The Buzz on Iart for.
Speaker 1: You, ninety four five The Buzz.
Speaker 2: Good morning, Rob Ryan's show, wrapping up a wild card Wednesday with Lincoln park What I've done?
Speaker 1: Thank you, thank you, thank you for hanging with us this morning. Oh I can't help it.
Speaker 5: I feel bad for you.
Speaker 2: I have six hundred emails with shot Ditch day, shot suggestions, and they're all at least we're in the right direction.
Speaker 1: We know that Moe's going to be a part of the Shot, which good and bad for you. I hope you don't have plans that day. That's dangerous.
Speaker 5: I'm just saying that I get a babysitter.
Speaker 1: They have the shot name after you.
Speaker 2: Only one person has had a shot named got to them before Bill Parker And how did that go?
Speaker 1: His shirt was off twenty minutes into the gig. Get Ready, ladies, so I'm just you've been warned.
Speaker 2: He's now time for know this show on ninety four to five.
Speaker 1: The buzz La La la la La La La La La La la la la La.
Speaker 2: I have changed this to mow the Show. I did that a while ago.
Speaker 1: La La La La La La La the Show. Carmen on the phones, good morning.
Speaker 8: Good morning, my sister.
Speaker 1: How are you?
Speaker 6: I'm good?
Speaker 1: Are you great?
Speaker 12: Thank you?
Speaker 2: What's your question?
Speaker 5: Carmen Rod's Latina pop princess just announced a collab with Oreos.
Speaker 8: Do you know who she is?
Speaker 1: Selena Gomez?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 12: Come on, is that right?
Speaker 8: Rob?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 8: Get it, Karmen, get it right.
Speaker 2: You know I already had a thing for her, and then I started watching her only Murders in the building.
Speaker 1: But I didn't know she talked like that. She got a weird voice. Carmen, You're the winner.
Speaker 12: When you're ready, all right.
Speaker 5: We got a pan ticket you see Chris Isaac Live House of July twenty ninth.
Speaker 4: Tickets on sale now ticketmasters dot com.
Speaker 1: An't you ready to come and get it? Actually, Chili will tell you when to.
Speaker 2: Come and get those all right, Don't come right now?
Speaker 1: When you're ready, Chilie will tell you when the government. Carmen, I'm sorry about that.
Speaker 5: Sorry, sorry to experience that.
Speaker 1: All right, you're the winner today. Thank you, you mow the show. Thank you, Thank you, Carmen. Have a great day. Chili is the next wonderful voice you're going to hear.
Speaker 2: Maybe, but I thought i'd be saying congratulations to Kenny going into the Hall of Fame.
Speaker 1: What a game this morning. That game was awesome, fresh out of bed head to head.
Speaker 2: If you missed it at six point twenty, I'm I'm gonna beg you to go and listen to the podcast, and if you don't want to listen to the whole show, which I thought was pretty good today, Alex says, just a breakout podcast of just the game, so you could just listen to see what happened and find out why Kenny will not be on with us tomorrow. But it's for other reasons than not winning. Though he's not retired, Kenny's out a thirty day. Wait, he lost this morning.
Speaker 1: Norm Norm is the name of the day.
Speaker 5: I'm sorry I forgot to tell you because we.
Speaker 2: Were talking about no worm wins today.
Speaker 1: What else?
Speaker 5: Fun fact of the day flashback winner was Jesse Thank you. Daniel super excited because he got those pit passes into Buzzfest. He even said he was gonna get some orthopedic shoes like Chile so they can be in the pit together.
Speaker 2: And I mean, it doesn't even matter about the listener. Who cares about the listeners?
Speaker 1: Who won? Shouted out loud today?
Speaker 5: I don't remember.
Speaker 1: I don't remember yet.
Speaker 2: I can't remember. Somebody on the show did well.
Speaker 1: I'm sure it was a great game. Alex went three for three.
Speaker 2: We always care about the listeners.
Speaker 1: But Alex went three for three. Yeah, and if I didn't mention that.
Speaker 5: Boy, whatever, recall here the end of it, Alex, you have You're giving away Buzzfest tickets.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 7: I'll be out at Total Wine at the twenty eight fifty seven Katie Freeway location tonight from five to seven with.
Speaker 8: Eight care of.
Speaker 1: Sorry, also new episode half out.
Speaker 5: Oh good, do it good?
Speaker 3: Okay?
Speaker 1: What'd your fellows get into?
Speaker 6: Oh?
Speaker 7: We talked about shipwrecks, selling souls, We got into Secret Lives and Mormon Why I hate that show? And we talked about why I hate it and then a lot of other fun stuff. So we learned about platypuses to hite a show.
Speaker 2: You must have seen it.
Speaker 1: My wife watches it. I was watching it and just it's so good on how weird it is. So you're getting there yourself from Grace and check out today podcast.
Speaker 2: All right, okay, all right, that's it, guys, we're on a twenty hour break. Read my lips is tomorrow, Yes, throw back Thursday tomorrow. I think we already picked the songs.
Speaker 1: Didn't Oh yeah, old buzz say it should.
Speaker 2: Be like Buzzfest music. All right, somebody better contact the whiz are you kidding? Of course he was listening.
Speaker 1: Uh, Breno is up next somewhere in there.
Speaker 2: He's got pit tickets to Buzzfest, So bug them, bug them and beat them up on those man non stop noon or pick your tickets at the one o'clock hour. Guys, we'll do it better. We'll start in about twenty hours from now.
Speaker 1: Hey have as.
Speaker 8: Well.
Speaker 1: Wasn't that fun? If you missed any of the show today, all the good stuff will be podcast checking out on the world
Speaker 2: Famous Ron Ryan Show page at the buzz a call