Speaker 1: It's night time with Dan Ray. I'm Deezy Boston News Radio.
Speaker 2: So there's a lot going on in Washington. Later on this week, we certainly will continue to talk about all that's going on. The hearing today in front of the three judge federal panel dealing with the deportation of the illegal immigrants. I know that a lot of times it sounds like we're just deporting immigrants. No, we're deporting illegal immigrants. There's two types of immigrants, legal immigrants and illegal immigrants, and that's and also amongst the illegal immigrants, there's a subset who are people who are either members of organized crime organizations, be it MS thirteen or trend ago. But those distinctions are not often made effectively in terms of as far as I'm concerned, Well, that's really not what I'm focusing on here. I'm focusing on the future of the Democratic Party. I'm talking about the national Democratic Party. The Democratic Party in Massachusetts is as strong as ever, holds all of the statewide offices as you know, and holds an iron grip on the state legislature, both the House and Senate. So the Democratic Party in Massachusetts is in great shape. Not quite so nationally, because right now the Democratic Party nationally has no idea who its leader is going to be. Joe Biden, I think, is not coming walking back through that door as Rick Patino one set of Larry Bird and Robert Parrish and Kevin McHale. So Joe Biden's not coming back. I don't think Joe Biden's coming back. I don't think that Michelle Obama is going to four years from now step forward. And the only two Democrats who are really I thinking showing any leadership two people who I disagree with greatly, but one of whom I have an immense respect for, Bernie Sanders of Vermont, who has always been clear about who he was and who he is still today eighty three years old. And aoc Alexandria Ocassio Cortes, who is making some noise that she might take on Chuck Schumer, the longtime Senate well formerly Senate Majority leader, now Senate Minority leader in a Democratic primary, which would be well, it would be the move moving out the old guard, if you will, the Joe Bidens of the world. I don't think Kamala Harris, a former vice president, is coming back anytime soon, though I guess she wants to now maybe be the governor of California. Good luck with that or so. Over the weekend, well, there was a big rally over the weekend in Denver, Colorado, and suppose he was a huge rally. Bernie Sanders said it was the largest rally that he had ever appeared before Ocasio Cortez aoc was there with Bernie Senator Sanders of Vermont, and then on Sunday yesterday he was on with Jonathan Carl. Now, Jonathan Carl is not what you would call someone who bedevils Democrats with tough questions. He is a pretty mild mannered host. And he's talking to Senator Sanders yesterday more and what he's he's talking about this very issue, the future leadership of the Democratic Party. Who's I don't think we know who the the next Democratic presidential nominee will be. Obviously it's three years from now, so it's gonna it's gonna take some time to develop a three years from now going going forward, God knows who to be. My suspicion is probably be someone who we never have really heard much about, some governor from somewhere, maybe Governor Shapiro of Pennsylvania, who I think would have been a much better vice won't be. Won't be Governor Waltz of Minnesota. I think that's for sure. He I don't think he's going to lead the Democratic Party. But anyway, so, uh, we have a cut here. And now this is Brunie Sanders, who was so frustrated with Jonathan Carl. Jonathan Carl is the easiest interviewer at ABC and the friendliest the Democrats. Well maybe not the friendliest, but he's he's he's not someone who's known as controversial. So he's asking Sanders some questions about the rally, and AOC and Sanders are kind of you know, you know, showing up together. Uh maybe a potential your dream team for the Democrats. I don't know, I mean whatever, I want to know who you think will eventually head the Democratic Party. Uh as they as they come out of the wilderness, and they will, I mean have been in the wilderness before. The Republicans have been in the wilderness for certain, and uh it's they'll be a Democrat, don't worry about that. Nationally, we have two major parties. The the the race that Donald Trump won, he won by a couple of million votes. But that was a couple of million votes out of about one hundred and fifty eight million votes. So you know, he likes to call it a mandate. I don't know that it's a mandate. I think it was an impressive victory, but I don't think it was a mandate anyway. This is cut number twenty six, So just follow along. Hair Sanders actually gets up out of the interview and it ends the interview. He gets pretty snarky and he gets up, gets gets out of his chair, and Carl is almost to the point where he's begging him to sit back down. It was it was this. It was a sad show for Jonathan. Carl should have said, you want to leave the interview, that's your choice, but he cajoled and Sanders to sit back down. This is got to you got to understand the context of it. This is cut number twenty six.
Speaker 1: Enjoy you're out there with the AOC today.
Speaker 3: Do you see her as a future of the producer? You have one of the untold stories, yeah, of what's going on in Carrent American Pauls is that in the House of Representatives, you have dozens and dozens of strong, smart disciplined, hard working young people in the Progressive Caucus. And you know, way back when when I first came to the Congress of the House, I helped form the Progressive Caucus. We had five people at that time. Now they got close to one hundred, So you got a whole lot of good people. Alexandra is extraordinary. I am so impressed by her work in Congress and her just she inspires young people all over the country.
Speaker 2: Would you like to see her joining in the Senate? Right now?
Speaker 3: We have, as I said, just a whole lot of people in the Congress. Okay, got it, and thanks way, I got one one that's important. Well, I asked you, okay, you know you want to do nonsense. Do nonsense. No, I don't want to talk about inside the beltway stuff. I got thirty two thousand people. I was just asking you about AOC because she was fine. But I don't want to talk about this. What was the last question.
Speaker 2: I was just asking one more question about you. I mean that's all. This was literally lost. But what is your question? Well, I mean he's begging him to sit down. I mean, I want to ask you about your future. This is the biggest crowd you said, usually ran for president twice. This is the biggest crowd you've ever seen. Are we going to see you run again? Or what's your what's your faure?
Speaker 3: Right now? I am very proud that the people who the state of Vermont sent me back to the Senate with sixty three percent of the work right now and Vermont's senator. That's what I do, and I'm very happy to do it. I am eighty three years of age, so and I'm worried.
Speaker 2: He also sounded pretty snarky, and he couldn't remember the question what he was What Carl was trying to get him to say was that, yes, maybe maybe AOC should run for the Senate, and the Senate seat that's coming up in New York is that of Chuck Schumer. Sanders wanted no part of that question, and Carl, in my opinion, asked a normal question that flowed out of his admiration for AOC as a new leader. We talked about all of that. I mean, they talked about that. It was an obvious question that would be a follow up question. Sanders couldn't remember the question. Carl, I think was fearful that he was going to ask him the question again, what a disaster for both Sanders and for Carl So I want to get your reaction to that, and I also want to get your reaction to who should the Democrats be looking for toward in twenty twenty four. Who should it be. Maybe there's a name that you think that I will agree with you on and disagree with you on. I don't know who it's going to be. But the Democrats better get their act together. They are now a split party. They're a party that's run by the progressives, just like they're run here in Massachusetts. But the rest of the country is not buying what we're buying here in Massachusetts. It's as simple as that. And you look at all of these issues. I mean, the judges who are now saying, let us keep we need more illegal immigrants in America, We need more criminal immigrants, illegal immigrants in America. This is crazy. Whether you like Donald Trump or not, Donald Trump is running circles around the National Democratic Party and they don't know what to do. How can they get their act together? Looking for some advice, some guidance coming back on Nightside, be back right after.
Speaker 1: This now, back to Dan Ray Live from the Window World Nightside studios on WBZ News Radio.
Speaker 2: All right, how about that. We got people wanting to talk on the phone. That is a good thing, that is for sure. Let me go to Joe in Belmont. Joe your first this hour, Go right ahead, Joe. Who's going to lead the Democrats out of the worldness.
Speaker 4: Mayor Michael Flynn. But I want to tell you, I voted, well, well.
Speaker 2: Mayor Michael, what was it, Mayor Michael Flynn?
Speaker 4: Ray Flynn.
Speaker 2: Well, Ray Flynn is in his.
Speaker 4: Way, someone someone who had values like him, who was pro life.
Speaker 2: PROGA, someone like someone like a Ray Flynn. Okay, I get it. I get it, referring to his son or not.
Speaker 4: Nor someone who has values like him, someone who is pro life, pro family, for the homeless, for the poor. And I would vote for him in uh twenty twenty eight. And I don't think a Democrat could ever change their values of being pro life. I think it's almost impossible. I wouldn't let a Democrat do that.
Speaker 2: Well, I think that issue is fairly settled at this point. I mean, I think that the Supreme Court has spoken on it. But uh, if you still think that you can run on that issue and win, I mean I don't think the Democrats are going to change their position on that at all. Joe, and I think the Republicans are very happy with where the Supreme Court is right now, where that the Dobbs decision was. I don't think that's going to be a big issue in twenty twenty eight. Maybe it will be, maybe it will be with some voters.
Speaker 4: Dan, I like to think I'm like you that I can criticize both Republicans and Democrats. I feel like I shouldn't be a rubber stamp for Elon Muscot Trump, even any Democrat.
Speaker 2: I agree with you, I agree with you. As an individual, you have to look at every issue and got to say I agree or I disagree. That's all I mean. Joe. I got to tell you I have very close friends, I have relatives. We agree. We disagree on not only family matters, but on political matters. We disagree on who to root for, whether they're going to root for the Red Sox or some other team. That's what life is all about. We're all not like a bunch of robots walking around saying this is how I should think because someone told me this is how I should think. That's that's not healthy. That's not healthy.
Speaker 4: Joe, in twenty twenty eight, would you vote for a Democratic candidate who represented May of Flint of the values.
Speaker 2: I don't think such a Democratic candidate would exist.
Speaker 4: I think Dan Yeah, he was, he was. He was a great man. In my opinion.
Speaker 2: Ray Flynn is still. I was with Ray Flynn a week and a half ago. Uh, and he's doing fine. Like anyone else. He's getting along there. I mean, he's had a little bit of a couple of you know what you call medical setbacks, but he's doing just fine. And night.
Speaker 4: I hope his son can fill his shoes.
Speaker 2: Big shoes to fill, no doubt about that. Joe appreciates called. Thank you much, good one. Okay, you talk later, Joe. Let me go to Bill and Danvers. Bill, I know that you're going to be able to give us the name of someone who's gonna lead the Democratic Party out of the wilderness.
Speaker 5: I think AOC is going to be the leader. But I don't think you're going to be coming out of the wilderness anytime soon. And I think I think she'll run against Schumer, and I think he's probably gonna be toast, so they before they can get out of the wilderness. They're going to devour each other to a degree. But as they get crazy, Uh, and they're gonna have a problem with the donors in the middle, who I'm gonna like a lot of this because you know, they're gonna kind of see the ship not sailing the right way. And they're gonna have a big money crunch that ain't gonna help them either. So I don't know, well I happen.
Speaker 2: I mean, I happen to agree. I think they got I think they got big problems now. But look, if you go back to uh, Democrats and Republicans. You know, in in the if George McGovern lost every state except was it South? He won South Dakota. Uh no, excuse me, one Massachusetts in his home state. One Massachusetts and the district of Columbia, and everybody thought the Democratic Party was dead in the water. Four years later they elected Jimmy Carter president. A lot can happen.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but you know, yeah, but yeah, but these these times, if you if you think about I mean, and the separation has ever been bigger, Dan, I mean, you know, you talk to people here. I mean again, we're in Massachusetts, and they look at what some of the country is total force. I mean, you know, it used to be that the parties weren't that much, you know, JFK Democrats. You know, you'll could have agreed in defense and you disagreed about maybe tax policy. At the end of the day, everybody got a hop a loaf, Okay. I mean we used to think about Ted Kennedy as being this big time liberal. If he was here today, you'd almost think of him as Ronald Reagan. I mean what you're seeing, I.
Speaker 2: Mean, I don't know. I think Senator Kennedy was truly I thought he was a liberal in the best sense of the word, and that he was not only was he, I think, very consistent and changed with the Democratic He changed along with the Democratic Party, although he was rejected in nineteen eighty. But the thing about Ted Kennedy was he actually had a great office on constituent services and anyone who knew.
Speaker 5: Him, oh he did, Yeah, No, no, he did. I knew people he helped. That's the truth on that. That is a true statement.
Speaker 2: And compare what he does on constituent services what Elizabeth Warren does on constituent services. She could she can't spell constituent services, never mind do something for constituent services.
Speaker 5: And talout it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, go ahead, I'm sorry.
Speaker 5: Dan Bill made the other day. He even said, he says, you know, by twenty thirty, because if you look at the trends out of the blue areas that are heavy regulated in tax he goes, they're doubling down and they're just not learning anything. And with the population shifts, he says, it'll get to a point out to twenty thirty, a Republican candidate for president would be able to win with Wisconsin, Michigan, or Pennsylvania if you look at the numbers.
Speaker 2: Oh, there's a new poll out actually as a poll that came out in September, but it's relatively new, and it showed that amongst eighteen to twenty four year old year old so those are the new voters, twenty two percent identified as Democratic, twenty six percent identified as Republican. That's an astonishing thing.
Speaker 5: It is. But if you look deeper in the numbers, I think, excuse it's actually more of the women that I tend to be much more liberal, and the men and the young men are much more conservative. I've been seeing a lot of it, especially this last election. I was very surprised. Of course. I'm in the mall and there's a whole bunch of younger guys that come in and they talk and stuff, and predominantly a lot of them are even you know, the family from the Latino families, and they're much more and it really start and you know, the solid, solid young guys. Damn very impressive. I mean, it actually gives me some hope for the future. Really when I talk to them, and they'll last be stuff and everything else. And I usually talk with them and they get smooth as a protein and they go to the gym or I'll see them at the gym, and they're just great guys, and they tend to be much more concerned. And they all say the girlfriends are very much more liberal and they vote for Democrats and they try to talk to them and stuff. But they're all conservative guys, all young men everyone.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And I think that the suggestion is that Trump one amongst young white men and narrowly capture the support from non white men in the eighteen year old demographics. So there's something going on here. And look over time, you know, they talked about the gender gap in the last election. Uh, Donald Trump did much better amongst women than any of the polls suggested. He he came very close to carrying not only the male vote, but the female vote. There wasn't a huge gender gap, and there had been a gender gap for many years during the Bush years, and all of that, and the Bush and Romney's and the mccains more establishment type Democrats had never been able to close that gender gap. Trump believed it or not, which device logic was able to close that gender gap. Hey, Bill, I got a screwed here because they got the news coming happy, I'll let you run. Thank you, my friend, a good one by thanks for calling. Bye bye. Only one line six thirty back on night Side right after.
Speaker 1: This, you're on night Side with Dan Ray on Boston's news radio.
Speaker 2: So who lead the Democratic Party out of the world of this? Let me go to Susan. Susan I think would probably characterize yourself as a Democrat in Cambridge. Susan, I'll be interested in your perspective on this.
Speaker 6: Okay, Before I do that, I just need to challenge you a bit on your comments about the judges and immigration. I feel like you were a banderius there.
Speaker 2: I wasn't slanderous, but that's okay, go right ahead.
Speaker 6: Well, because I mean, what they're trying to do is follow the law and decide, you know, if they're using appropriate methods. And there is evidence that meant that many people who were sent to that Salvador and prison were actually not gang members, and there are people who entered and have legitimate asylum I have yet to see.
Speaker 2: I have heard, I have heard that said, okay, but I have yet to see any evidence of that whatsoever. And if you can point me towards some of that evidence and if that is true, I do not support people who are either American citizens or people who are here. If we're going to deport people based upon their membership in a gang, we better be sure about that, okay. I do. Let me ask you this.
Speaker 6: If I take a case of a gay, a gay hairdresser from Venezuela who came through a porta ventury, had an asylum appointment, and he's been shipped off there, and there is a there's a photographer embedded down there who basically has vouched for it, and his lawyers are well again making.
Speaker 2: That against Susan. I've heard about there's a Venezuelan soccer player Okay, all of that. If there are mistakes that were made, let's talk about it. My question to you is this, I think it was around two hundred and fifty people in the two flights to El Salvador whould deported. Okay, let's assume there were ten of them who were deported, Uh, inappropriately they were not members of the Trendiagara gang. Fair enough. I would agree with you that those people need to be returned. Okay, if they are non criminal, uh, you know, if they're not with some other gang. But but if if there were mistakes made, we'll bring those people back, will give them hearings as soon as possible. Would you agree with me though, that the fact that two hundred and forty members of this violent Venezuelan gang had deported that we're not that we're we are not better off as a country having them out of here.
Speaker 6: Well sure, okay, so let's good.
Speaker 2: We so we totally agree.
Speaker 6: But two, I do think that well, I think it should be done. We need due process for everybody, because otherwise there are going to be made.
Speaker 2: Oh no, no, no, no, no, no no no no wait wait that hold on. We don't need process for our government who knows who these people are. You've seen the video of them taking over apartment buildings in Auroro, Colorado. Do you not believe your eyes when you see those.
Speaker 6: If they know who they are, then they should have the paperwork to prove it. I mean it's you know.
Speaker 2: They know who they are, Susan. I positive for you a situation if we are certain that two hundred and four, I'm just picking the number, Susan, Okay, if there's ten.
Speaker 6: Twenty, because we've got because we've got do we have, you know, document documented evidence. If we do, then great, then.
Speaker 2: We have people. We have people within those communities who know exactly who these people are. Many of them have tattoos in ordered to be members of these gangs. Let's not be naive, Susan. Okay, come on, It's like saying, how do you know people are members of the mafia. You know, you get them on tape at their their mafia ceremonies. And also, by the way, these people are here illegally. They do not have the same and they're here illegally as members of a violent terrorist organization. I don't want them to have the same due process rights that you and.
Speaker 6: I have, so that we don't make the mistake that the mistakes if.
Speaker 2: We've made mistakes. We make mistakes all the time. We're human, Susan. Okay, we're human. We make mistakes all the time. The Democrats made a mistake of running Joe Biden and sticking with him after he had lost it. Okay, they paid for that mistake, and they'll have to correct it. But but I just don't understand the amount of misdirected sympathy that I'm picking up from you. If we have two hundred in forty people who we know are gang members, what do we have to do? Do we have to have signed confessions from them? What is the standard of proof that you need to prove that these people are members of this gang?
Speaker 6: I need a standard of proof that does not end up imprisoning people who shouldn't be What you.
Speaker 2: What is your standard? Look, there are people in this country, Susan. Susan, excuse me for a second. I spent fifteen years of my career advocating for four American citizens who were who were indicted, convicted, and put in prison for a total of one hundred and nine years. You know the case I'm talking about, the Savadi Lamoni case. Okay, we were able to We weren't able to give them their thirty years of their life back. Okay, but that they did win in court, they were released and one of them is still alive today at the age of ninety two. Should we their mistakes are made? Mistakes are made, but that But if a mistake was made on someone who was swept up inappropriately, I've already said to you, if you can show to me that a mistake was made, I'm with you. But you don't want to be with me when they're when when we're talking about two hundred and forty members of a violent terrorist gang. That's the problem with the Democratic Party right now. You're on the wrong side of this issue.
Speaker 6: I was trying to work something, Dan, we agree to suffer.
Speaker 2: So Susan, you're talking Susan donuts that Susan, please don't tell me you're talking to a reporter.
Speaker 5: Don't because how.
Speaker 2: Many people have you freed from prison in your life? I put my career, I put my entire journalistic career on the line to free four innocent men. Unfortunately two of them passed while they were in prison, but free in men who were convicted by corrupt FBI agents. Okay, So I don't think I need a lecture from you. I really don't. I understand the concept of due process, and I understand the concepts of our judicial system. And the judicial system is not perfect. But if we can get two hundred and forty or so of these illegal terrorists out of the country so that they will not be terrifying American citizens, they will not be raping children, they will not be murdering you or me, I'm okay with that. And if you want to call me the neanderthal for that, just look at my record, Susan. I'm very serious. I'm disappointed. I really am disappointed, Susan.
Speaker 6: I don't be there on the line, okay, But I'm not making any claims about you that like you're making about me, like I think you're being unfair to me in this.
Speaker 2: I asked you a simple I conceded to you, Susan, at the beginning of this conversation that I would stand with you if there were people, as you mentioned, there was a gay hairdresser, and I mentioned some venezuela and soccer player. I don't know the specifics of it, okay, but if they weren't members of the gang. They should be brought back here. What else do you want me to say? And in that regard, Okay, okay, Now, what I'm saying to you is we are we better off or or with these two hundred and forty thugs who came here illegally, and if many of them have committed crimes while they're here, are we better off with them out of the country. No, your heart is so big.
Speaker 6: I believe the process matters in tur I believe them are the country.
Speaker 2: You know something, Susan, You're talking to the wrong guy about process when you're talking to me, because I fought that process for fifteen years and I got innocent people out, innocent American citizens who were jailed by corrupt FBiH. I don't need a lecture from you and that, Susan, I really don't. And I'm offended.
Speaker 6: You're not trying to lecture you on that.
Speaker 2: Sure, sure you are.
Speaker 6: I'm expressing my point of view. I'm telling you how I feel about it.
Speaker 2: That's all. Let me take you. Hold on to that point of view because you'll win in Massachusetts, but you will lose the White House, you will lose Congress and you'll ultimately use the lose the US Supreme Court because you're wrong on Bernie quickly.
Speaker 6: To change the subject. I'm completely over Bernie. I have agreed with him on some issues in the past, but he never misses a chance to throw the Democratic Party under the bus, as he did right after the election when he threw Joe and Kamala under the bus and said, you know, they didn't do enough for working people, when in fact, this was probably the most pro working people administration that there has been. And since I don't know, Fdr, maybe.
Speaker 2: I'll tell you something. It's the Biden administration will go down in history probably as the greatest Democratic presidency of the twentieth century.
Speaker 6: If not, No, I sat pro worker, pro worker, which is what you know Sandersmond.
Speaker 2: Dream on, Susan dream on. If you do not realize what a disaster the Biden administration was. It was a disaster for the Democratic Party. I'm trying tonight to wake people up to the disaster. Hang on to it, hang on to it. When the Republicans in Goldwater in sixty four they figured it out that you know what, you know, he he might have been a great philosophical candidate, but he wasn't going to win anything. Where the Democrats were in mc govern in seventy two against Nixon and they lost forty nine to one. They figured it out and they found Jimmy Carter and became president in seventy six. That's what the Democrats have to do today. They got to get it.
Speaker 6: I think the answer for the Democrats is not going to be found in Washington. I think we have some great governors, Andy Basher, Gretchen Whitmer, Josh Shapiro. I think we have. I think that's where we should look to. And you know, personally, I always think for president, I always would rather have a former governor than a senator or somebody who you know, are representative, like somebody who's had executive authority. I think they tend to make that a president.
Speaker 2: Okay, I'm gonna I'm gonna let you run. I'm not mad at you personally, Susan. I just was offended that you were trying to lecture me and and I felt that way. That was my feeling. I just want you to know I really felt it deeply because you know my history and when when anyone tries to lecture me.
Speaker 6: Onempting to lecture merely, thank you.
Speaker 2: I will take that as a I will take that as an apology. Then, okay, thank you very much for that. I have a great one. All right, we can end still as friends. Okay, it's like a little bit of a spat, but that's okay. Thanks, good night. We're coming back on Nightside right after this.
Speaker 1: Now back to Dan Ray live from the Window World night Side Studios on WBZ News Radio.
Speaker 2: Let's get right back to the calls. Let me go next to Dan is in Hampton, New Hampshire. Dan next on Nice, I go right ahead, Thank.
Speaker 7: You, Dan. What I'm gonna say, in March of nineteen seventy three, who knew who Jimmy Cotter was? Or in March of nineteen eighty nine, who knew who Bill Clinton was? You can even go back to the fifty sixth convention. I know he introduced himself a little bit with the vice presidential thing, but you know, really, who knew much about Jack Kennedy at that point?
Speaker 2: True? You know, true, that's exactly what I've said that and I agree with that. Yeah, obviously, if they said it, I agree with it. We may not know, but I'm just curious, who do you think you got an.
Speaker 7: Idea and no, I like miracles. I certainly who do you like?
Speaker 2: I'm sorry I missed an.
Speaker 7: Uh the Michigan Mercle Michigan. I'm sorry, I'm sorry. I always I always get ton tagged when I'm on the air with you. I don't know why that is.
Speaker 2: But were you Are you more of a Democrat or a Republican?
Speaker 7: I'm a Democrat?
Speaker 2: Okay, so you like so you like Whitmury. That's kind of what Susan from Cambridge was saying when we finally got to the She was talking about the sheer.
Speaker 7: Of Yeah, Shapiro like him.
Speaker 8: I like the sheer a bunch Kentucky that would be yeah, I like him too. I think she's probably right. It will probably be a governor. And do we know Shapiro was I know all all the names that we've mentioned, but you know, it may very end up being name.
Speaker 2: Do you remember when Waltz was nominated by Paris? Obviously you do it. It was only a few years ago and everybody said, wow, that's a brilliant suggestion in Minnesota. But Walt's turned out to be a buffoon. I mean, did he help He.
Speaker 7: Had a bad debate. If you listened to him lately what he's been saying, he's actually sounded really well.
Speaker 2: Well, maybe Walts, maybe Wals should be the guy. I'd love to say.
Speaker 7: No, no, I'm not saying I'm not saying he's good. I'm not saying he's going to be the guy. But can I just can I just have fifty seconds to tell you a quick story that I think people should hear. Sure, Okay, Back in nineteen sixty, my parents held the neighborhood election party. There are people there for Kennedy, there are people there for Nixon. My father, World War two veteran, was seriously wounded in battle. He was for jfk. Our neighbor across the street was a prisoner of war in Germany. Now, the two of them sat up together until the we of the morning to see until finally, around five am whatever it was that the winner was decland and they got up and they shook hands, and they knew they were shaking hands because that is what they fought for, so they could do that.
Speaker 2: Well, hats off to your dad. And I assumed the fellow who had been the pow was for Nixon.
Speaker 7: Yes, I've met to say well.
Speaker 2: It's like it's like watching a Red Sox play the Yankees in a playoff game. If you root for one team, you don't lose your friendship over that. I mean this' and a presidential election, you know, I mean it's the other party will come back. I mean, you know how the pendulum swings. And I just you know, I just thought, I'm trying to wake the Democratic party up, Nashaly, I'm trying to wake the Republican party up here in Massachusetts. Can you mention being a Republican in Massachusetts?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 2: Conservative, It's not easy.
Speaker 7: No, No. I tended by our Massachusetts when I was up to you for no.
Speaker 2: All right, Dan, I'm gonna let you run. I gotta keep rolling here. Okay, thanks man, thank you, thank you. Talk to you soon. Let me keep rolling here. Mark in Austin, Mark next on nights. I get you in here before the great.
Speaker 9: Mark, and thanks for taking my call.
Speaker 10: Welcome you add my uh A name to the consensus. Uh Andy Bischer, governor of He should be on the short list for.
Speaker 2: All right, So what about AOC running against Schumer? Do you like that?
Speaker 9: I'm I'm not thrilled about that one. I mean, we got to keep the government. Is the government operating? I mean, you know, I was very relieved to come back from the Social Security office in Roslindale and have this very nice woman employee looks things up in computer and see that yes, I will get my monthly uh social Security payment direct deposited. Therefore I will be able to pay my April rent.
Speaker 2: Well, let me ask you this, Mark, if you had been worried about it, I could have saved you a trip to the SOB Security office. If you had given me a call, I could have assured you, what do you think Trump's gonna take away your so security check? Come on, that would be there were.
Speaker 9: Some horrible noises coming.
Speaker 2: You know what.
Speaker 9: I gotta do on a reputable table EV channel.
Speaker 2: Well's not reputable anymore than is it, Mark, do me a favorite? Keep those bad thoughts?
Speaker 9: VU Commerce secretary saying, so what if one gets missed?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: I mean, Mark, I think I think you're losing sleep unnecessarily because you're listening. You give me a call and I'll give you a straight story.
Speaker 9: I'll give you I Look, look, they played the video tape in context. I mean it doesn't get you know, we're in weird.
Speaker 8: Mark.
Speaker 2: I'm telling you, I copy your psychologists. Mark. All I'm saying to you is, if you have questions, you give me a call. Don't worry, don't fret your head. I got to run, Thanks very much. Laurie is in Norwood. Laurie, you were next on nights. I get you in under the wire.
Speaker 11: Here, Laurie Dane, first time caller. I just had all right, I had a right ahead, thank you. I had a call to counter Susan's position. I agree with you completely, and I think that's why we're in trouble in Massachusetts and have been prior to the last two months. Just people don't think correctly. We got to get these murderers, rapists, dreg dealers out of our country, and they were illegal to begin with.
Speaker 2: Yes, well, here's the thing, Laurie, which I really appreciate your calling on this. We have enough homegrown murders, murderers, rapists and child in this country. Okay, as we have all found out over the years, we don't need to bring more into the country. Stand why people are so interested in you know, well, these they we need to have. Yeah, why don't we leave them in the country for the next six years and line them up for a hearing with a with some sort of a federal judge like the guy down in Washington. I mean, yeah, it's insane.
Speaker 11: It really is insane.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 11: And I'm just hoping that these next four years show a lot of progress and uh, stop the waste, fraud and abuse and corruption.
Speaker 12: It'll pay well, I know, but I hope that if Donald Trump can accomplish, you know, he should be a little more more music, you know, he can he I think the image of of of Musk with the chainsaw the other day is a dumb image, that mistake.
Speaker 11: Yeah, and I think that's what he does.
Speaker 2: Yeah. And if the Republicans can pull their act together and can actually turn the turn the country around, they should be rewarded for it. And and the Democrats need to need the Democrats need to come back to the middle. They are so far out nationally it's an embarrassment.
Speaker 11: Well yeah, I mean hey, in my opinion, lets them stay where they are and ask for and Trump will get vancent for another eight and then maybe our national debt will will go down to hero.
Speaker 2: And music to my ears, Laurie, thank you so much, first time calling. You got to call more often come on, I will, I will. I need voices like you. There are too many people sit out there and I need voices like you on my program. Thanks Laurie, thank you.
Speaker 11: So you by all right, have a great night.
Speaker 2: Here comes the news at eleven. We're gonna stick with it. Light up those lines, you know what numbers to call, coming back on Nightside