Speaker 1: And Hi, how are you welcome to the Big Podcast on this Thursday. Today is the sixth day of November, Year of Our Lord, twenty twenty five. My name is Tom Sullivan. And well here we are day anybody counting. Well, I am a day thirty seven of the shutdown, and it's interesting to watch. We don't get to see what's going on behind the scenes. You know, there's a lot of people brainstorming trying to figure out what to do. I was talking with a friend of mine earlier today and she has this theory that she's because I had. I told her about this theory that well, they're not going to solve this until after the election. That was two days ago. And I said, they'll wait a couple of days and then all the ramifications from the shutdown won't have anything to do with politics or elections or anything like that, so they'll go ahead and solve whatever their problems are. So give it a couple of days to make a little space in there and make it look like it's not tied to the elections. Well, here we are a couple nks later, and there's nothing but my friend's viewpoint is this, I mean, it's pure speculation, folks, I don't know what else to do with it at this point. She says that what they're doing, especially with the airlines now that they are going through and saying we're going to be cutting back on ten percent of the flights in four different airports and then forty well we'll get into that in a minute here, but that will really cause all kinds of consternation. It will be a big nuisance. And then after everybody's all upset about that for a day or two, then the White House will come along and solve all this by saying, fine, we will sit down and negotiate the extension to the Obamacare ACA, and then it will all come to an end because they have to look like heroes. They've got to come out of this looking they both need off ramps. They're both stuck, and so that will be the White House will say, Okay, we will sit down and negotiate. And what they're already talking about, there's a number of people already talking about the fact that they are talking about maybe instead of the one point five trillion dollars number, that's a ten year number on the if the subsidies for people on Obamacare or were boosted or were not what they're supposed to expire at the end of this year, they would not expire. It would cost one and a half trillion dollars over the next ten years. So then you will what about if we just do one year, or maybe we do two. And that's so typical of Washington. They love to kick the can down the road. This thing was supposed to be a temporary help for people that were on Obamacare during COVID when they did not have jobs, a lot of businesses were closed. It was let us help you out through this crisis. Well, the crisis is pretty much behind us, isn't it. So they're going to kick it down the road another I don't know what you watch, it'll be a one or two, maybe three year deal, and that's how they're going to get out of this. In fact, Josh Gothheimer, who is a Congressman from New Jersey, he's a Democrat. What was the name of that committee, he was on the Solution Committee or something. It was made up a handful of Democrats and Republicans and they got together to try to solve some of the political problems that Congress faces. Anyway, here's a little bit from Josh Gothheimer and listen to sounds like he's kind of looking for something like a couple of years huge.
Speaker 2: Hit on our economy.
Speaker 3: You're talking about twenty percent of the nation's GDP runs through this region. It just puts a finer point on the fact that and as the President admitted himself, as you just reported, that the shutdown was caused by the Republicans, right, admitted that the shutout was hurting Republicans. That we saw that on Tuesday night, very clearly the public has said enough. And what we're doing and why I'm continuing to talk to my colleagues across the aisle every single day in the House, in the Senate is to figure out how we can get the government back open and of course, at the same time address what people made it clear Tuesday night that they're concerned about, which is the rising prices across the board that's killing them.
Speaker 1: So you hear where his point is he's talking about. The President did go talk to the Republicans in the Senate and said, man, the shutdown is really hurting Republicans. Everybody always blames the Republicans regardless, but even the President admitted it, and his answer was to get rid of the filibuster, and nobody wants to do that. That is not a good idea, and it's the first time that a lot of Republicans in the Senate have bucked the President on his ideas. So Josh Gosheimer says, while this is obviously hurting Republicans, so there's going to be some give on their part.
Speaker 3: You know, whether it's healthcare insurance premiums, which we know are up massively and we'll go up next year on average about eighteen percent in Jersey. If you're on the ACA and getting those subjects and extra help on those tax credits, you're talking about one hundred and seventy five percent increase plus energy costs and childcare bills.
Speaker 4: Right.
Speaker 3: People need some help, and the tariffs aren't doing it. And what we're clear is they say to the President enough, the country's going in the wrong direction. You've got to change things. So that's what we're focused on doing, is helping people out.
Speaker 1: So he believes he's helping people out, and a lot of people in Congress are of the same thought, but they're actually hurting people. We've talked about this before. Every time they subsidize something. What the easiest one to understand is when they give college students loans student loans, they're subsidizing their education. It's got to be paid back some day theoretically. But what they do is makes it easier than for the universities to raise the students to wish. And it's the same in this is that as the government keeps subsidizing people on the government health insurance plan, the insurance companies just raise their prices. It's not helping anybody other than the insurance companies. And I'm sure there's some of them in Congress that know that and are more than happy to accept the campaign contributions from the insurance companies. But there's a lot of them like Josh Gothheimer, who thinks he's helping people out, and all he is doing is helping the insurance companies out. But there are a lot of Republicans licking their wounds. After Tuesday, Democrats ran the board And I got an email the other day from somebody who thought that saying the word affordability was fake and wasn't real and all that. No affordability is I think the issue that came out of the election on Tuesday and I've heard it before the election. People are screaming about the fact that prices are too high. Now you've got gas prices are down. That's one of your economic indicators for most people. But they're not back to where they were back in Trump one point zero, so they've come down. The other big economic indicator is the grocery store. In grocery prices by and large are up. People also have had pay raises, and companies feel like they've had to in order to get people to work for them, give them pay raises, and those pay raises have been inflationary. They drive up the cost of the employer, and so the employer raises the price of their products. So it's a vicious circle. And the latest example of it was Tuesday, people said, I don't like what's going on. When you look at the polling about President Trump. Approval ratings are down into the mid thirties, while on the economy they're down to like forty percent approve of the economy. That doctor Donald Trump is doing a good job on the economy. That's the same as as Joe Biden, and back when he bailed out of running for a second term, his approval rating was forty Donald Trump's is forty one on the economy. So people are looking at going You said you were going to get you were going to get prices down, the cost of living was going to go down, and it hasn't And that I think has a great deal to do with the election results on Tuesday. And also they don't know what to do in the Congress because they don't want to upset the president. But they're hearing this from their constituents as well. Steph Knight is a reporter for Axios, and she was asked about what she is hearing is she wanders in the halls of the US capital. Have there been any signs of somebody coming to an agreement?
Speaker 5: You know, at the start of the week on Monday, it seemed that we were moving pretty quickly towards some kind of a deal. We started getting a framework for what a deal would look like, what it seemed that at least a handful of moderate Democrats would be willing to vote for to open the government and move forward on some of these other issues.
Speaker 2: But then two big moments happen.
Speaker 5: Of course, Tuesday night, a Democrats swept in Virginia and New Jersey. In California, and that's really emboldened parts of the Democratic Party. To Senator Bernie Sanders point, it's emboldened many of them to keep going, to not keep yet, and to not distract from the fact that their party is really riding a high right now. They want to keep the focus on them fighting Trump and moving forward. There are still some Democrats who are willing to work with Republicans. There are still ongoing conversations happening. Be a key meeting with Senate Democrats today where we expect the caucus to really hash out what the path forward is, how long they want to delay there any decision to vote to reopen the government. So today is going to be a key day. The other thing that happened yesterday was that President Trump blamed Republicans for the shutdown behind closed doors. He said the shutdown has been worse for Republicans than Democrats. He also again put pressure on Republicans to end the filibuster. This has kind of sown tension within Republicans who felt like they were actually, you know, doing well when it comes to the shutdown politics. Republicans were continuing to say that they felt that, you know, Democrats were at fault for the shutdown, and the American people were hearing that Trump completely undermined that message, and that has sewn, you know, some discord within Republicans as well.
Speaker 1: So Monday, the Democrats were feeling like, oh boy, we better, we better give in, looking pretty bad for is Tuesday. The election gave wind into the sale of the Democrats. They are feeling bigger and better, stronger from the results of their clean sweep on Tuesday. The Americans for Limited Government conservative organization in their newsletter that came out today, they're talking about around the election time. In twenty twenty four, Biden's approval rating on the economy was around forty percent. Democrats fared poorly as swing voters punished Biden, who repla and then Harris, who replaced Biden on the ballot. Oil was seventy two dollars. It's now down to sixty. So far, so good. By using the same metrics, even with inflation continuing to cool versus income, the president's approval on the economy today averages forty one percent. Every election is a referendum on the incumbent, and now the shoe is on the other foot. With the twenty twenty six congressional mid terms now one year away. Perception is everything inflation is cooling, but are American people feeling it? That's from the Americans for Limited Government. I think their question is a very very legitimate question. All Right, we have the election reaction from let's check in Harry Inton always finds the latest numbers on what's going on out there. Here's Harry On reacting.
Speaker 2: Tatoosay, Yeah, I think there are a lot of Republicans who saw those polls that you know, showed Donald Trump low nationally and they didn't necessarily believe them. But for Democrats, those polls are real and they are spectacular. And the reason I say that is because take a look here, voted for the Democratic nominee. Among Trump disapprovers, I got twenty seventeen Trump's first term and twenty twenty five in New Jersey. In Virginia and seven team Among the Trump disapprovers, the Democrat nominees got eighty two percent in New Jersey, eighty seven percent of Virginia. Come over to this side of the screen. If there is any idea that Republicans are going to be able to outrun Donald Trump's low approval ratings, this says, Nah, they're going to be like and Paula's getting chased down in the African desert by a big lion.
Speaker 4: Look at this.
Speaker 2: Ninety three percent of Trump disapprovers voted for the Democrat nominee in New Jersey and ninety two percent voted for them in the Great Commonwealth of Virginia.
Speaker 1: I get that because people that disapproved of Donald Trump, we're certainly going to vote for the Democrats to one in New Jersey and Virginia.
Speaker 2: Okay, what does that all mean? Right? I think there are a lot of Republicans saying, Okay, Donald Trump ain't that popular, but the Democrats aren't popular either, and those Democratic low favorite ratings, those will save us. Well, we had a test of that on Tuesday night. So what do we see here? Okay, vote for the Democratic nominee, view neither party favorably. Here's the margin. Look at this in New Jersey. If you viewed neither party favorably in New Jersey, Mike, you sure won that vote by sixty six points. How about in Virginia, Abigail Spamberger won that vote by fifty six points. It doesn't necessarily matter. It turns out that the Democrats have viewed that unfavorably because amongst those who like neither party, the Democrats ran away with it. You know, I started off with a running analogy talking about the African desert. These folks are like Usain Bolt, despite the fact that Donald Trump is despite the fact that Democrats have viewed unfavorably, Democrats are like usaying vote because Donald Trump is like rocket fuel, and they're able to run away from the pack. And I think you say, boat would leave both of us in the disk.
Speaker 1: So people like me that don't care for Republicans or Democrats, I think there are a bunch of clowns voted heavily for the people that won't in Virginia and in New Jersey. Something to chew one after the Tuesday election, let's talk cairlines, because if you're flying someplace, there's a little bit of a roll of the dice that you're going to be facing starting tomorrow. We're going to find out sometime probably late this afternoon or this evening which airports are involved. But you'll hear Sean Duffy, the Transportation Secretary, and the FAA administrator. They've decided to reduce the number of airplanes in the sky by saying ten percent of the flights at forty of the busiest airports are going to be canceled, So your flight may be one of those. Now, one of the things that I'm hearing from people that I know in the aviation industry is what they're targeting, probably regional airlines. So if you're flying in and again it may say American Airlines, that may say United Airlines. But if your ticket or your reservation says operated by and there's three or four big regional carriers that operate the flights for United and American and Delta, and they don't carry a lot of passengers. They fly to smaller communities, but they take up one space of one airplane in the aviation sky. So it may be where the ones that they pick on for cancelations will be regional carriers' flights will have to wait for the officialdom from them. Here's Sean Duffy, the Secretary of Transportation.
Speaker 6: But our number one priority is to make sure when you travel, you travel safely. And that's why, as the Administrator and I have been talking throughout the day, his team has been working for the last twenty four to thirty six forty eight hours crunching data. We're noticing that there's additional pressure that's building in the system. And again, our priority is to make sure that you're safe, and so we're going to talk about additional measures that we are going to take that's going to reduce their risk profile in the national airspace. And I'm going to turn it over to the administrator to do that. As he walks through what that plan is going to look like. I anticipate there will be additional disruptions, there will be frustration. We are working with the airlines, they're going to work with passenger tent reduction in capacity at forty of our locations. The administrator is going to tell you, the trader is going to talk about all of the tools we're going to deploy. One of them, though, is going to be that there is going to be a ten percent reduction in capacity at forty of our locations.
Speaker 1: Hey, you heard that right, ten percent of the fights at forty of the busiest airports in the country. Like you said, the disruption is going to get worse. Here's Brendon Bedford, who's the FAA administrator.
Speaker 7: There's no perfect science here, so it's really trying to look at where the potential pressure points are building, what we're seeing in terms of safety disclosure reporting from our commercial air transport pilots that's informing us, and then as we get into the granular details on these forty individual markets, we felt like this was the appropriate next step.
Speaker 1: Again, I refer back to the lady I know whose grand theory is is that they're going to make it very uncomfortable and then the White House will come in and save the day by negotiating some sort of partial subsidy for people on Obamacare. Peter Gottz is a former NTSB chairman and his whole world is about safety.
Speaker 8: He's dead right unfortunately. I mean, this is chaos out there, and I think Secretary Duffy, you know, he's a good guy, but he's not an aviation guy. His service in the con was not on the Aviation Committee. He's been doing the best he can, but there's a profound mistrust on the part of some of the Democratic negotiators that they could cut a deal with John Thune and the White House wouldn't back it up. So they want somebody from the White House to commit to any kind of deal going forward. And that's just not there yet. I would say he's learning on the job. He's getting reports from pilots. The pilots are saying that there are more and more indications that the system is beyond you safe, that it is stretching, and they the pilots call in their reports after their flights. He has to make a decision to back those down, to back up if he has an accident in an area where the pilot has warned, where pilots have warned that this has been an unsafe situation developing, it would be devastating. The entire system would have to shut down. So it's a very delicate situation.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 8: It raises the question of privatization of the airspace. This has long been a goal of the conservative Republican side. They think the airspace should be privatized, should be run as a private entity with some government input. The pilots and the air traffic controllers have opposed that. This is underscoring that debate, and I think we'll see it come up again in the future.
Speaker 1: Well, Peter Gtz is right. The whole thing about privatizing the air traffic control system is being fought by the Air Traffic Control Union. It's being fought by a lot of people that are commercial airline pilots. The general aviation pilots don't want that because a private system would require that if you want to fly, you've got to pay a fee before you you can take off, or it would also encourage people not to file flight plans, which would make more flights, make it more danger especially if there's an emergency. They do have a private air traffic control system in Canada, and it works. It's very it works very well, it's very professional, but they don't have anywhere near the air traffic that we have here in the United States. So we wait to see what's going to happen on how many of the Even if you don't live in an area where there are the forty airports that they're going to select, if you want to take a flight, are you going to fly from a smaller medium sized airport to another smaller medium sized airport, or are you're going to be flying into one of the big airports where there are going to be restrictions. So we still are waiting to see what happens. But again, this all starts Friday eight We're recording this on Thursday, the sixth. This starts Friday the seventh, So if you have a ticket, be prepared now. Ten percent. If you want to do the math on this, there's about fifty thousand flights a day in the United States. Ten percent means five thousand flights could effectively be canceled. Is that enough to reduce the pressure on the air traffic system. I don't know. But that also means that if you have a flight schedule for Tomorrow or Saturday or Sunday, if ten percent are going to be canceled, that means you have a ninety percent chance that your flight is going to go. I don't know if it'll be on time, but a ninety percent chance that it is going to actually get from point A to point B. Still a lot of buzzs flying around today after the Supreme Court did a hearing yesterday on the tariffs. Whether the President has not this president just presidents have the authority to lay tariffs on foreign countries. Here are some of the comments from justices. The first voice you hear is Chief Justice Roberts, the second voice you hear is Amy Coney Barrett, and the third voice is a Justice Gorsage.
Speaker 4: Tariffs.
Speaker 9: If a tariff is imposed on either automobiles, who pays them?
Speaker 2: Is it your.
Speaker 10: Contention that every country needed to be tariff because of threats to the defense and industrial base? I mean it Spain, France, I mean I could see it with some countries.
Speaker 9: Could the president impose a fifty percent tariff on gas powered chorus and auto parts to deal with the unusual and extraordinary threat from abroad of climate change?
Speaker 1: The last one, Justice Gorsage, he was making the point, if there is a president, and it would have been something I could imagine Joe Biden would have done. If a president can issue tariffs for whatever he or she thinks, and the president is a big climate change warrior, then could the president impose a massive tariff on gasoline powered automobiles that are made in other countries and come into the US. And that it sounded to me like Justice Roberts, Justice Barrett, Justice Garsage, all of them seem rather skeptical about the ability of the president to be able to lay tariffs. Dan Rayfield, he is the attorney general for the state of Oregon.
Speaker 2: This is what he had to say.
Speaker 11: Well, it was unquestionably skepticism from some of the conservative jurists that were sitting there and that was palpable in the room some very actually intense moments as they were grappling with found national constitutional principles. In this moment, I think what was also an incredible takeaway, and I think would be incredibly frustrating for Americans if they were listing, is that, for what ten eleven months, we've listened to the President talk about these tariffs are going to be paid by foreign companies, foreign countries. What you heard is the attorney for the President, look, these justice in the isset, Americans are paying right now thirty to eighty percent of the tariff costs here in America. And they sat there and said, that's four trillion dollars or what is going to come into the treasury because of these tariffs. That's wild that they're willing to sit there and admit to these justices how much we as Americans are paying.
Speaker 1: I thought that was interesting about the fact that thirty to eighty percent's a pretty wide range. Thirty to eighty percent of the tariffs are being paid by Americans, and that is where tariffs usually work, is the person receiving the goods from overseas is the one who pays the tariff. Thirty to eighty means some companies are, some shippers are picking up the tariff, others are or not. But four trillion dollars is the number that he came up with. So if this goes in favor of the President, then they'll discontinue to keep collecting the tariffs. If it goes against the president, I don't know. People are trying how will they have to reimburse all the people that have paid tariffs? And that is beyond imagination because if the wholesaler picking up the product had to pay the tariff, then they passed that on theoretically to the distributor, who passed it on to the retailer who passed it on to you. And I don't have any receipts showing that I paid any particular amount for things that I bought were tariff related. So it's very complicated. But they're not going to hold this decision till next June, like they do with most of their decisions. It should be coming out fairly soon. So a big cliffhanger coming in on the tariffs and the amount of money. Speaking of big money, TESLA is having a shareholders meeting today and one of the items on the agenda is they're going to vote the shareholders will on Elon Musk's one trillion dollar pay package. A lot of people raise their eyebrows on that. Phil a bow Over at CNBC's follows everything at Tesla. He had this to kind of lay out what Elon Musk has to do in order to earn one trillion dollars.
Speaker 12: So I would not be sitting here. I would not be sitting here if I had a trillion dollar pay package. Look, most believe that this is going to be approved. Remember Elon Musk himself, who has fifteen percent of the shares of Tesla, he can vote as part of this. This is not where he's restricted from voting his shares, So he's going to obviously vote. And when we'll talk about who's FOI and against this in just a little bit. The pay package itself, keep in mind it is worth up to eight hundred and seventy eight billion dollars. But much like the previous package that was ultimately rejected by a Chanceley court in Delaware, it's got very trunches in there. It raises Elon Musk's potential stake to above twenty five percent, and those performance metrics. Those trunches, they must be met As they are met it unlocks more shares for Elon Musk and obviously more pay. So what are some of those metrics. We're not going to go through all of them, we'd be here for a while, but some of them are great. Key ones deliver twenty million Teslas. Look, they've already delivered more than eight million. Most believe this is the easiest of the metrics to hit. Deploy one million robotaxies, have them in service, and deploy one million humanoid robots. So who likes this and who doesn't like this? Well, Elon himself obviously, and those who have been rock solid porters of his whether it's arc invests, bearing capital, you know, the usual players. They are the ones who have said, give the man this pay deal, because if he hits these metrics.
Speaker 2: We all win.
Speaker 12: On the other side, you've got a number of the retirement and pension funds who are saying there's not enough in here to hold his feet to the fire on things like not getting political or spending x amount of time working on Tesla projects. As you take a look at shares of Tesla, I'm going back to January twenty third, twenty eighteen. Remember that. I remember that day, guys. That's when the previous pay package was announced. And at that time, there were a ton of people. There were a ton of people who said, yeah, he might hit a few of these, There's no way he hits them all. Guess what he hit them all. This is what shares have done since that pay package. And we know everything that took place following the award of that pay package. I was held up, ultimately shot down in court and delaware that process is still playing out in terms of whether Elon lets get some of that money. We should get the results, guys, shortly after the shareholder meeting starts at four pm this afternoon.
Speaker 1: Yeah, to go back to twenty eighteen, when he got his previous pay package, which like Phil was talking about, the court said, no, you can't have it, even though that was agreed to upfront. If I achieve X and Y and Z, you'll give me this big pile of money. And I think it was a billion dollars and they said, sure, you'll never achieve it. And he did achieve it, and then they reneged on him. The court said, you can't have but that's too much money, which who's it? Who's the court to decide? They don't have any skin in the game. Anyway, The stock since that twenty eighteen pay package has gone up one thousand, eight hundred and eighty percent. There have been many millionaires made by owning Tesla stock from twoenty eighteen. So now the bar has been raised up to a trillion dollar pay package. And again he's got to produce twenty million Tesla's one million robo tax season one million robots, and he thinks he can do it. That will make again a bunch of new millionaires. So and speaking of people in their jobs, we're supposed to have the jobs report out tomorrow. That's not going to happen because the gut first Friday of the month, because the government obviously isn't producing these things. But we did get some information from Austin Goulsby, who's the president of the Chicago Federal Reserve Bank. This is what he had to say.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna save us some time this weekend.
Speaker 13: You just moved the Chicago Fed labor market indicators right to the top. You look at it, and you just saved yourself thirty minutes. We can we have only the private set information when the government is shut down. That said, when we put together these labor market indicators, it wasn't because of the government shutdown, it was because we wanted more real time information, and so we supplement by eleven different sources. And to me, most of the labor market indicators that we're getting show a lot of stability in the market. And when we were getting the government data, they showed a lot of stability. The one number that was not showing stability that showed pretty substantial deterioration.
Speaker 2: Was total payroll job creation.
Speaker 13: But there's a question mark on that that we should be a little careful over indexing on payroll job numbers as an indicator of the business cycle. When immigration there's a huge question mark, and you don't know what's happening to population growth. So I still think there's mild cooling. But this labor market indicator reading that we that we put out from the Chicago Fed that shows the unemployment rate is basically unchanged except for a tiny increase that came from the workers who are not working because the governments shut down. And at that the hiring rate shows a lot of stability, and the layoff and vacancy rate also shows a lot of stability. That's what it feels like on the labor side so far.
Speaker 1: To me, it seems to be the kind of reporting we're getting from all over the place, not only Chicago, is that hiring has slowed, Firing has slowed. Companies are just hanging on to whatever they have for employer employees at this moment. That the unemployment rate is probably somewhere a little bit higher than where it was before, so four point three somewhere around in there. And we'll have to wait for the government to get back to work to find out what what the government numbers are. One more item today before we get to Wall Street. There was a big meeting in the White House today President Trump in the Oval Office with a lot of the Health and Humans Health Well people, from Secretary Robert F. Kennedy Junior, the doctor oz To, I mean, all the doctor mcterry. They had the makers of ozembic and mcgovi in the office and they have cut a deal where those products normally go for something like fifteen hundred dollars are going to be sold now for two hundred and forty five dollars a month for the weight low structs and it's more than just weight loss. It's apparently medicine has found out that it is helping so many other parts of our health, your brain, your kidneys. It's amazing what they have found out. Doctor Mark Siegel reacted to the news of this is going to be a much cheaper drug. Not cheap, but much cheaper than what it was.
Speaker 4: It's going to be huge.
Speaker 14: We're talking about six about six to ten percent of Americans already on them. It's going to go double triple that. We're talking about drugs that if you can't get them via your insurance, it's twelve hundred dollars a month. Now Lily and Nova Nordisk have made it available directly from them for about five hundred dollars a month. But what Trump is negotiated now, it's going to be two hundred and forty five dollars a month. And the one indication you did leave out was the heart mem Andaz pointed that out. I'm a heart doctor, he said, He's one of the top cardiovasculo surgeons in history. By the way, But the heart, it lowers blood pressure, It directly affects the cornerie arteries.
Speaker 4: It looks like and it lowers cholesterol.
Speaker 14: These are amazing drugs and it looks like it may even have an impact on aging.
Speaker 10: Now.
Speaker 14: He also pointed out OZ did and I'm going to be talking them tomorrow about this. That does have side effects. I mean, we don't know totally about the side effects on the eyes. We're looking at that. There's issues with the thyroid. Not everybody can tolerated in the gas to intestinal track. Some people with reflux can't tolerate it. But your point about addiction is because it delays gastric emptying, so if you have one glass of wine, it may feel like three.
Speaker 4: This is huge, This is a huge step.
Speaker 14: Now, one other point I want to make it's going to be covered for Medicaid and Medicare and paying out a pocket.
Speaker 4: Medicare is not yet covering for obesity.
Speaker 14: That's a huge point, and I would predict that Center for Medicare Medicaid Services is going to fix that and make it so it's covered for obesity.
Speaker 4: And that has to still happen. One final point is.
Speaker 14: That generally speaking, the private insurers follow suit with what Medicare does. So if you see this happening now, I predict you're going to be able to get this through your insurance a heck of a lot easier than if you come to me right now. The pills are common, and not everyone can tolerate shots. It's actually a pretty easy shot to give to yourself. But the pills are coming, and they're going to come in at even low amount we're talking about. That's the group that eats ultra processed foods the most because that's all they can afford. So this ties together with a MAHA movement. Other thing I would add is the elderly. That's the Medicare group. Guess what, if you have an obesity problem, you're in to see me even more often because all the other things you get from having obesity, like diabetes, like high blood pressure, like heart disease, like risk for cancer. I got to be ultra on the lookout for if you have obesity.
Speaker 4: So this is a huge, huge.
Speaker 14: Gain for the healthcare system and will save billions of dollars.
Speaker 4: There's no question.
Speaker 1: Yeah, every doctor that I've talked to about this or listened to are pretty well pumped about what's going on with these weight loss drugs. They're much much, much more than just weight loss Wall Street. You don't want to talk about that today, do you? It was? It was to sell off. Look at the market is taking a lot of the stocks that ramped up and turning them around into selling them off. A lot of the tech stocks and so forth went down pretty sharply. Today. The Dow was down three hundred ninety eight to forty six thy nine to twelve. It had been down over five hundred, so down three ninety eight at the close. SMP down seventy five NASDAK. A lot of the tech stocks are there four hundred, a loss of four hundred and forty five points. The price of gold down five dollars to thirty nine eighty eight, and oil down just a few pennies down to fifty nine dollars for a barrel of oil. That's it for today. Thank you for coming by. We will be back tomorrow. We hope you are too. See you that