Speaker 1: Liz Fair.
Speaker 2: Supernova kids running by the window at like fifty miles an hour is going on.
Speaker 1: I put a riot, I put up a fake Easter bunny over here.
Speaker 2: Oh cool.
Speaker 3: Liz Fair is fifty eight years old today, Happy birthday to this.
Speaker 2: Fair is a music festival, Liz Fair.
Speaker 1: No, you're thinking of litt of Fair.
Speaker 2: Oh, Litta Fair.
Speaker 3: I went there for several years. Yeah, it never got lucky. I couldn't find any girl to go.
Speaker 1: Home with me. It's horrible. You don't believe that. I mean women were there too, man right, but none of them. But yeah, I get it.
Speaker 2: I get it.
Speaker 1: Hey, Jeannie, how you doing?
Speaker 2: Hey Jeanie from.
Speaker 1: Guy you're looking extra beautiful today.
Speaker 4: Well you're very kind.
Speaker 1: What's going on with you? I mean, well, what's going on?
Speaker 2: Everything fine?
Speaker 1: You know what?
Speaker 2: Air colors looking good? What's going on?
Speaker 4: Thank you? It's all good. It's Derby season.
Speaker 2: It is, I know. And you guys saw a party. I think a big one is the headliner Shaboozy.
Speaker 4: Now that's Fandls.
Speaker 2: Okay, that's okay, I'm alry.
Speaker 4: That's FanDuel comes in.
Speaker 5: They buy out and you know, so they've got that big thing for got you.
Speaker 2: All the betters got you, but you are got it rocking and rolling.
Speaker 4: Yeah we do.
Speaker 5: We've got This weekend is Spring into Derby, which is presented by Woodford Reserve.
Speaker 2: Okay, this is.
Speaker 4: Like the fifth time we've done it. It's a great time.
Speaker 5: Free concert Friday night with Dark Moon Hollow, free concerts, free concerts Saturday night with the Juice Box Heroes. Wow, we've got one hundred art vendors out there, so it's a big art market. On Sunday, there's Easter egg hunt and the Easter Money and all that kind of stuff. But what we're really excited about is our Derby Day Garden party.
Speaker 1: And I want get back to the Spring Festival.
Speaker 3: I emailed you that I'm willing to do the get your picture made with Dwight Whitten, but you never got back on that.
Speaker 4: I think that might be in my junk.
Speaker 3: Well what about get your Okay, what about get your picture made with Dwif's junk?
Speaker 2: All right?
Speaker 4: All right, So we got.
Speaker 2: Free concerts on all weekend long, but then the garden.
Speaker 4: Is on Derby Day.
Speaker 5: And if you know what, we call it, the people, the party for the people, the for people who want to come celebrate Derby, you know, be with other people. We've got a giant video wall, will be live streaming the races.
Speaker 1: Same drags. Yeah, you got the same drags.
Speaker 2: Right right, Well we do, I'll be honest with you.
Speaker 1: Was the bourbon one that tastes like crap? The men julib Yeah, yeah, yeah, so I'll be honest with you.
Speaker 2: Last year, Jackie and I, my wife and I we if I didn't have to broadcast, I said, because we saw, we heard it, we read it the lineup and I said, Jackie and I were like, we do that. If you wouldn't have to broadcast, that's exactly where we would be because you can bet on on your phone, yeah, and I can, and you can watch the races on the big screens. You're outdoors if it's a nice date, it's ridiculous. If you can go inside if not, and it's and it's plenty of parking. That's what Dwight loves most about Parastown. Well, there you go, but it we would let literally broadcast every Derby since for thirty five years. If I didn't have to broadcast, I'd be sitting there with you.
Speaker 5: Well, I wish that you would be able to be out there with us. It's really it's delightful. I mean it's come like all dressed up like they're going to the track.
Speaker 4: Okay, So that's why other people bring their lawn chairs and just kind of hang out, you know.
Speaker 5: Yeah, we have kids, activities, we've got a DJ in between races, we've got professional handicappers and between races. So it's just really cool. It's you know, comfortable. Yes, great cocktails, great food. It's Paris Town. It's easy.
Speaker 2: I love it. Uh, you know how much we love the place. And you guys are doing such a great job. So let's talk about what's happening around there. I know that there are plans to develop a bunch of stuff around that area, right more, Yes, tell me about that.
Speaker 5: Well, the Urban Government Central Block is that what you're talking about as we speak.
Speaker 4: They're scraping that lot.
Speaker 2: And this is the one that's had that fence around it forever.
Speaker 4: Looks a little bit like apocalypse.
Speaker 2: Now and they finally figured it out.
Speaker 5: They finally figured it out. It's going to be spectacular. It will take a number of years to build out, but it will be such a great and important block because it connects so many neighborhoods right there. It's going to be fantastic, you.
Speaker 3: Guys book and some good acts too. You got Modest Mouse coming in June. You got what's comedian named Fred Armison. He's coming on his comedy and music tour. I mean, you guys are really it's such a beautiful venue too, man. I've been there a couple of times. It's a perfect it's a great venue.
Speaker 5: No, it is a Kentucky performing arts venue. So we'd like to take credit for doing all those bookings, but it's our dear friends over at Kentucky. You probably I do, I do, I do I do, But you know what, it's like, they're part of our community, and you know we're just great partners and they're doing a heck of a job.
Speaker 2: There are you a flower event of plants and flowers? Because I think we did that garden show. We had to reschedule it because of the flooding. Okay, it was epic and thousands of people. The master gardeners are there.
Speaker 5: You can go ask them any question, like I haven't trouble growing lavender where I always grew.
Speaker 1: It before the eggshell.
Speaker 4: They're able to just say.
Speaker 2: What don't listen, you listen to any.
Speaker 1: Let me take you the secret, the secret, and we'll give this to you. It's eggshells.
Speaker 3: You sprinkle eggshells around your labinder and it prevents the snails from crawling on it because bellies.
Speaker 5: Well, actually the master gardeners talked about composting around lavender and how that you.
Speaker 3: Was going to be my second comment, just so you know, no one knows compost it was.
Speaker 5: It was fantastic and we're just so thankful the community embraces Paris down. You know, we're doing we've got a bourbon dinner coming up this week with Elizabeth McCall. Woodford Reserve does they present the day garden party this weekend was springing to Derby, So we'll be doing a really awesome bourbon dinner out there this coming Tuesday.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 5: We also this is our fourth year to do this, but we have the winning trainer and jockey from last year sign wood for bottles.
Speaker 2: Oh nice.
Speaker 5: There are only three hundred of them right, so you have to pre order them. But it raises money for the Thoroughbred Retirement Foundation, which helps retired racehorses you know, have a career or a great life after they're finished racing.
Speaker 2: Okay, the Derby Day event because I think it's a great alternative if you can't make it out to Churchill Downs and frankly, it's pretty expensive to go out there. Oh my, what's the process? So is it? How do I get tickets? Will it? Do you sell it out? Or is just just what you're.
Speaker 5: Asking that first of all, go to paristound dot com per tickets. It's a thirty dollars ticket. Kids under ten are free. Kids that are over ten or eleven and over it's ten dollars you know, with an adult ticket, so it's very cost effective. We've got tons of kids' activities going on out there. There'll be games set up, all that kind of stuff, so we don't sell it out. You could come that day, although we would recommend buying your tickets in advance. It's it's a great time. It's easy, couldn't be easier. Parking is free.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's the thing. I recommend people from out of town. They can't get into Churchill Downs on that I go to Paris Town and it's a great time. So you brought us Jeff's donuts? Is that true?
Speaker 6: Kid?
Speaker 4: I did I know? Aren't they the best I know.
Speaker 2: And then smash burgers that you also have that.
Speaker 5: We've got buns burgers and buns burgers, and they're really excited. We've got Khalil's barbecue.
Speaker 4: They're not.
Speaker 3: He can serve you some damn good barbecue and fix your parking ticket because he's an.
Speaker 2: That's awesome, not that I have read.
Speaker 1: It's a win win.
Speaker 2: I can't believe we're already here at Derby. I mean it really, I feel like it was the holidays and now we're here.
Speaker 5: I feel the same way. Yeah, but it's all good. It's such a great time of year. Paris Town is rocking and rolling. People really know where we are now. They've had great experiences. The Derby day Garden party is a great way. You've got a group of friends, you don't want to host a party at cost a fortune.
Speaker 4: It's a bunch of work.
Speaker 5: It's fun, but come on, you know, have your friends join you out in Paristown and you know, just take over our place.
Speaker 2: Uh you need employees? How's the uh? Are you looking for people at all to work in Paristown or no? Much?
Speaker 6: You know?
Speaker 5: The cafe is like rocket and rolling all the time. They are doing a really major renovation in that exterior space. If you haven't seen it, it's gorgeous. It will really be ideal for events, but really softening up, you know, from just total industrial look to like more southern charm.
Speaker 4: It's beautiful.
Speaker 2: We do We hit Florida Flea and then walk down, Actually park at your place and walk to Florida.
Speaker 4: How can you Jack? You don't call me when you're there?
Speaker 2: I know we'll walk around Florida Flee for hours and well.
Speaker 4: Florida Flee actually organize the garden show.
Speaker 2: Oh really?
Speaker 5: You know they present that they are amazing and that garden show is epic. You know, my daughter in law flew for the Navy.
Speaker 4: She flew.
Speaker 2: Her son went to Annapolis. He's a Naval Academy graduates, and she is kind of like amazing.
Speaker 1: Do they compete against each other?
Speaker 2: Now you're a private sector?
Speaker 1: Now what were their call signs?
Speaker 4: I can't tell you.
Speaker 5: Okay, but they had the coolest repurpose like a wind mill contest, but the coolest I'll show you guys a picture after we're done here, but the coolest helicopter. It's like, okay, this is something really cool.
Speaker 4: It's starsonal for her.
Speaker 2: So Paris Town is happening. Jeanie is our buddy. It won't be the last time you were in here. We'll have you in again before Derby and we'll push that thing because I think that is a great alternative really to go down and do and and really with the twin Spuyres app you can bet while the big screen is going on and you're away from the crazy Churchill down is part of it.
Speaker 5: I mean, it's super cool to be a Churchill, but it's super.
Speaker 4: Expensive, correct, christ you can do it every year?
Speaker 5: Well I can't, but it's a great option, you know, to come out and celebrate with your friends and neighbors.
Speaker 2: Yeah, all right, Jeanie, we love you. Thank you for bringing the doughnuts. Let us know when you want to come back in. First, you're gonna talk about Jefferson Animal.
Speaker 1: Jefferson Animal Hospital. Baby.
Speaker 3: Did you know that your dog or your cat could save other pets lives?
Speaker 1: That's right by giving blood? Yeah, your cat and a dog can get blood just like we can.
Speaker 3: If your cat's over fifty pounds or if your dog's over fifty pounds, and if your cat's over ten pounds, they could qualify to be blood donors, and every time they don't donate blood, they're not just saving one life. Each pet is saving four to six lives of other pets.
Speaker 1: Folks. That's huge. But there's also benefits for you and your pet.
Speaker 3: For example, regular vaccines, regular examinations, and more to find out if your pet qualifies for this life saving deal called nine hundred Pets, nine hundred Pets, Thank you, Jefferson, Annaal Hospital, stick around more on the Way News Radio eight forty w h A S.
Speaker 2: And so you know I'm friends with UH coach Jones, the softball coach at Ballard.
Speaker 3: Hey, Rick, when you leave the studio, be careful because you don't want to trip on any of these names.
Speaker 1: He's getting ready to drop talking.
Speaker 2: Look who's matter of fact, Tomson? Who's the name dropper on the show? Rick? Is it me or him?
Speaker 6: Rick?
Speaker 1: Matter?
Speaker 2: That's kind of a tithe Oh what a what a woosy way to go out, you know what?
Speaker 1: Rick?
Speaker 3: Tommy Hall and I were talking about how you're so vanilla vanilla last night you're sitting on.
Speaker 2: The post you wish you watched so uh. I think I'm gonna throw the first pitch out at a softball game, so I have to do the wind up?
Speaker 1: Are you so?
Speaker 6: My?
Speaker 1: Uh?
Speaker 3: Suzanne Whitten, she is a offball she that's what she did. She pitched in college.
Speaker 1: She's the one that.
Speaker 2: Do the I think two of the sales girls. Yeah, and I still call them sales girls because I'm an old Disney sales broads. Twenty twenty two of the sales broads there are former softball players. So I'm gonna get some pit We're gonna go right out front here for street lobby. I'm gonna get it down. I want to throw it in.
Speaker 1: Some college pitchers or you know, we're in.
Speaker 2: A beer away were in high school?
Speaker 3: Okay, well you could have Susanne Whitten, or you could have a couple of salesgirls.
Speaker 2: I don't trust you. The bomb line there?
Speaker 1: Why not? All right?
Speaker 2: Atlanta is still the world's busiest airport. Real quick, I'll mention this before we go to break. Uh remember where is the Atlanta airport? Supposed to be Dwight.
Speaker 1: Atlanta.
Speaker 2: No, you're supposed to be in Shelbyville in nineteen seventy.
Speaker 1: Two, Kentucky.
Speaker 2: That was the airport project that really that the rich people in Louisville ran out of town.
Speaker 1: Well, that sounds about right on brand with Kentucky.
Speaker 2: You would have connected Frankfurt, Louisville, and Lexington in a one giant corridor and we would have had the busiest airport in America right in Louisville, Kentucky.
Speaker 1: Hey, Kentucky, we're gonna offer you an NFL franchise. That's a fat.
Speaker 2: Millions of dollars.
Speaker 3: What's the buy in? Well, at the time is gonna be fifteen thousand dollars. Ah, yikes.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so again, and everybody knows Atlanta is everybody what are you doing flying through Atlanta? It's a nightmare.
Speaker 6: It is.
Speaker 2: Oh, it's terrible, And it's the busiest twenty six of the last twenty seven years.
Speaker 1: So we dodged a bullet.
Speaker 2: If you ask me, Dubai is the second busiest. That's I'm shocked by that.
Speaker 1: Hey, Rick, Yo.
Speaker 3: What's the difference between people that live in Dubai and people who live in Abu Dhabi?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 2: Boy, I don't know what's the difference.
Speaker 3: The people in Dubai don't like the frind Flintstones, but the people in Abby Doby do coming up Yeah, like, yeah, you are Fred Flintston.
Speaker 2: All right, so who's coming up next? Uh?
Speaker 1: George called me Peter Griffin from Family Guy last night, George, George from.
Speaker 2: That is mean you are nowhere, but he's my pizza dealer.
Speaker 1: What do I do? I got his laugh and move on.
Speaker 2: Can't piss him off?
Speaker 1: No's laugh.
Speaker 2: Maps Security, Maps Security, These drug addicts, these burglars, I don't even want to call them burglars. Uh, and stop calling the ones that go up on your porch. Let's give him a cute name. No, they're thieves. They're thieves, all right, and they're on your property and they're stealing your stuff. We got to prevent this stuff. That's why you gotta go to Maps Security. Go to maps resident dot com. Do not go to Amazon and buy a security system and put it on yourself. That's not a good idea. And if you've done it, stop go with Maps Residential. These guys are the pros. They will hook everything up, the cameras, the sensors, all of that stuff, infrared, whatever you want, and it's going to be connected to ems, fire the police. The quicker they get to your house, the better chance you have. All right, And they're getting bold. They're coming right up in your house.
Speaker 6: Now.
Speaker 2: Home invasions used to be the smallest percentage ever, now that number is getting increased. When you order a system from maps Residential dot Com, they're local, they will throw in an Alexis system that is hooked to your alarm and to the EMS and to the cops to make it even faster. She's on your side. It's awesome, So go with Maps Residential dot Com. All right, short break back after this on news Radio eight forty e whs hm.
Speaker 1: That's me on piano right there is.
Speaker 2: Welcome back news Radio eight forty w A s Tony and dwightechild brought you by the Kentucky Office of Highway Safety. Please buckle up, put the phone down.
Speaker 3: A comedian Fortune Fimester is out on the road the taking Carabiscuits tour. That's right, business baby, very very funny. She has had a special drop of last December crushing it on Netflix.
Speaker 1: You can stream that, rightness you.
Speaker 3: Talk a special drop? Yeah, baby, that's so cool. That's what I'm spraying.
Speaker 1: Well, let's bring it out, hey, Fortune, how you doing.
Speaker 6: Hi?
Speaker 1: Guys, got a long tour.
Speaker 3: And by the way, Kentucky does have a date on this tour, you're going to be in the Lexting Opera House here in Kentucky. But a lot of dates on this one, right, Yeah, Every tour.
Speaker 6: Of mine is crazy. It's about one hundred cities, one hundred and fifty shows. So I don't let the grass grow too long under my feet.
Speaker 3: You keep a busy life. Okay, let's take the comedy life out of it. You just had and I want to talk about crushing it on Netflix. But you're also in season two of A Food Bar with Arnold did the Governata. What's it like working with Arnold?
Speaker 6: Oh? Man, it's so fun. I mean it's a trip because you know, he was like the presidential ambassador for Physical physics and I was like eleven. So I spent my childhood doing exercise moves with Arnold without knowing him. And then as of you know, here I am. I'm not someone you would ever think of for an action series. So that was a wild thing because I thought, oh, I'll be the person in the band with the coordinates with the slushy and they were like, no, you're You're on the field. So he and I were doing this like army crawl across to the no way like explosions everywhere.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's a dream come true for everyone.
Speaker 1: Right, do you have to crawl.
Speaker 2: Through explosions with Arnold?
Speaker 1: Come on you glad?
Speaker 6: It's crazy and I'm just thinking this is so surreal. And then they yell cut and he looked at me and he goes, now, you know what I've been doing for the last forty years.
Speaker 3: Let's talk about your Netflix special, your comedy special. Crushing it? And absolutely did crush it? How many takes? Was that one night or did you do several nights? And just speaks it together because listen, man, there's a lot of pressure on a comedy special, especially going to Netflix. They're the I would say, the Netflix is the new I'm fifty seven years old, the new Tonight Show when I was growing up more comics would hit.
Speaker 6: Yeah, yeah, I mean it's huge. You know, they have this worldwide platform. There's a reach there that you know, it's it's so crazy and you want to get these specials, right. I've been lucky enough to have three of them on Netflix, and I I filmed two in one night. It's it's a lot of pressure because yeah, you know this this tour, the tour has been amazing, and you want the special to reflect the success of the tour. And but at least, like with two in one night, you can like do it the first time, and that's the one that you like want to kind of do by the book, like hit everything in a in a very succinct way. But then if you get that right, then the second show you can just let loose and have fun and uh and and just you know, kind of use a mix of the two.
Speaker 2: How how long you been doing this?
Speaker 6: Gosh, this has been two thousand five to twenty years?
Speaker 2: Twenty years? When did you know you were funny?
Speaker 5: God?
Speaker 6: You know, I don't think I was like necessarily thought of as funny growing up. I was pretty shy, kind of more of the observer, and and then I would have moments of like funny like where I would just sort of let go and people were like, whoa, where did that come from?
Speaker 2: Where did you get it from?
Speaker 6: Who?
Speaker 2: What? What relative? You think? Are you the funniest relative or is there somebody else funnier in your family?
Speaker 6: I mean, I'm in the South. I think you guys can relate that that that you know in Kentucky, there's just a lot of characters North Carolina. Yes, I just grew up. I just grew up around a lot of eccentric Southern people. So I think I just picked up that storytelling from like watching it for years and and you and and now I'm like, I'm I live in LA and I'll try to be like explaining someone from my childhood, like a Southern character, and it doesn't sound real to these West Coast people. I'm like, this is a real person.
Speaker 2: She sounds like the sister on Gemstones. Do you watch Gemstones?
Speaker 6: Oh? Yeah, it's yes.
Speaker 2: Do you have a little bit of that I'm fixturing her face when you're talking right now, But that show is incredible. I'm sorry, go ahead, No, I.
Speaker 6: Was just a friend of mine.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Hey, so, okay, you mentioned living in l A. You're from the South, like we're from the South. When you say y'all out there, do they do they give you a grief over because.
Speaker 1: Here's what I here's what I'll say.
Speaker 3: People give us grief about saying y'all. But then I'll see celebrities say it.
Speaker 1: Well, you say it.
Speaker 6: Too, I know. I think it's I think it's now part of the vernacular age or because who wasn't say you guys right, you know, Southern folks, we like to cut to the chase, So, y'all is just the perfect way to get across the people you needed to be talking to or referring to. So yeah, I think I think now it's it's just it's in now.
Speaker 3: A comedian fortune Fimester joays us that taking care of Biscuits tour is in full effect.
Speaker 1: Uh Catcher on Netflix.
Speaker 3: Uh, I want to bring up before we let you go, you currently you got a movie on Now called You're Cordially Invited with Reese Witherspoon and Will Ferrell.
Speaker 1: What was filming that like?
Speaker 3: Because Will Ferrell seems like he is that authentic guy that you see him doing stupid stuff.
Speaker 1: Is he that approachable?
Speaker 6: Oh yeah, it's amazing. I'm such a fan of his work and grew up watching him on SNL and I had always wanted to work with him. So this was a tree. I was in a few more scenes that unfortunately got cut, but I uh, but I at least got to have those experiences with him, like he's you know, he he would be on his way to work and I would be walking by the hotel parking lot. He'd roll the window down and stick his head out in the car like fort is you on Fortune? And I was like, God, this is so surreal. But I love him so much. And Rees is great. I've known her for quite a few years. But you know, will someone who you know he wants He said, he wants to work together again, and that's just like a dream come true for me because I've just I've loved him forever and he's as nice and as down to earth as you would hope.
Speaker 3: Well, you're in Columbus, Ohio tonight. No, you're in Cleveland, Ohio tonight, Columbus, Ohio tomorrow, but you will be in Lexington, Kentucky on June twenty and Fortune, listen, congratulations on all the success and we can't wait to see you here in Kentucky, my friend.
Speaker 6: Oh, I'm excited. I love your guys in the city and I can't wait to get back there. The people are so lovely and wonderful. And you guys can understand my accent, which.
Speaker 2: No, we got you, we got you, we got you.
Speaker 1: And listen, thanks for the column. We'll see in gin. Okay, all right, all right, there you go, all right, thank you?
Speaker 2: What is Surrealit will Arnold crawling got what got me was filmed me the scene where she's crawling through and things are exploding and Arnold is with you. You're just like, is how could this be happening?
Speaker 1: Hey? Southern covered hot tubs? What amls?
Speaker 6: You?
Speaker 1: Hunh?
Speaker 3: You need a vacation. You got one right in your own backyard. Take the worries of twenty twenty five tax seasons got you stressed out? Whatever it may be, getting your Southern covered hot tub, everything just evaporates gone. All you're thinking about is you and the one you love sitting in your hot tub with you, have a couple of tequilas, some nice music, and everything just goes away. Now you're thinking, well, I'd love to do that, but I can't afford a hot tub. Oh contray bonjour. Yes you can hot tubs as low as sixty five dollars a month, over one hundred tubs to choose from with immediate delivery, and they offer twelve months same as cash. You gotta love your Southern covered hot tubs. Seventy five oh one Preston Highway.
Speaker 2: This is a I was just handed this piece of paper. It's breaking news, not really test. This is the list. That was Paul Miles. He's in the newsroom. I don't want to take a test. I ever want to take a test. So these are liners. Liners are what they said, Hey, when you're when you have a little like a transition, that's radio talk for one story to go on another. Use these like we talked about the betting thing on Tuesday night. But this is the this paragraph is for us. Okay, this is for other personalities to promote our show. Okay, So I don't know who wrote this. You ready, yes, this is what apparently what people about that show.
Speaker 1: Wait, wait, can't take a stab at it? Go okay.
Speaker 3: Want to keep up with the top stories of the nation and the globe.
Speaker 1: Tune in to the two.
Speaker 3: Most respected journalists in the nation, Tony Bartholo mule Venetti and Dwight David Whitten.
Speaker 2: It's it's good.
Speaker 3: Try, it's not right, it's close, it's ballpark right.
Speaker 2: Here's the liner. They want other personalities to read on our behalf. So Terry would read this, sure, discover information you never.
Speaker 1: Knew you needed journalism right there and probably.
Speaker 2: Don't want to know what's that?
Speaker 1: Man?
Speaker 2: Tony and Dwight challenge your intelligence? Yeah, we do, we really and take theirs two new lows hey man whoa weekday mornings nine to noon on news radio eight forty w h A S and the iHeartRadio app. What's that supposed to me?
Speaker 5: Man?
Speaker 1: That's what's that? What'souns derogatory to me?
Speaker 2: If you ask me, they challenge your intelligence? I like that.
Speaker 1: I like that journalism.
Speaker 2: And take there's to a new low. Okay, see that's too far?
Speaker 1: Rick? Did you write that?
Speaker 2: Who wrote that?
Speaker 1: Rick? Not me?
Speaker 2: Okay? Let's see what they say about Tony Cruz Kentucky and his Morning News with Tony Cruz starts your day with the latest news, weather, traffic, sports, financial headlines, topical guests and more.
Speaker 1: That's it, David rhyme his name with news. Yes, cruise news.
Speaker 2: Pretty vanilla though, it's pretty vanilla news. And I don't even know if they have there. I don't even know if they have anything with Terry. No, they don't, they don't know. Oh No, here's Terry Yers, the top stories of the day and a good laugh at those special people in the world. What's that supposed to say?
Speaker 1: Whoa whoa whoa.
Speaker 2: Special man a man? Too far? Wow, let's do that again, the top stories of the days and a good laugh at the quote special people in the world, plus the latest news, weather, trafficking, sports, on your way. Terry Miners and Company week Days three to six.
Speaker 1: Who's the company?
Speaker 2: I don't know. Oh it's Joe, It's Show Lincoln and Pauliles. Ok, and whoever's running, whoever is producing? So here you go. I think ours is the most interesting. To tell you the truth. The demeaning talk that Terry Miners promo says with special people, that's just too fun. Special people. Excuse me, you know what I'm gonna do.
Speaker 3: Huh, I'm calling HR too sweet, saying, you know what, we're none too happy about the new liners.
Speaker 2: Yeah, HR is an icon on your We're colorful.
Speaker 1: Damn you're right, Yeah, we are are colorful. We're colorful.
Speaker 2: Yes, thank you. I don't know. I think they need to get back to the drawing board. Maybe we should write these for the other guys.
Speaker 3: Maybe listen, Well, we are the two most respected journalists. Well, I think clearly, so we need to maybe take them to task.
Speaker 2: I can see my way to writing a new promo if I went to vision First dot com Vision First Eye Care eighteen locations. The glasses I'm wearing now, I love them. I went last year, got tested and they're like, yeah, you definitely need glasses. Plus I gotten older, so half of them are readers and the other ones are transitions, and I that I can see, I'm starting to see about blurry things about fifteen feet away. So these glasses are perfect. I haven't lost them. I've had them for a year.
Speaker 1: That's amazing. I swear it.
Speaker 2: Tony Benetti has had the same glasses for a year. Like, those words should not be put together. Why because I never take them off. They're not in my pocket. I'm wearing them because I need them. Vision first, I care is the best. They have an MRI of your eyeball, MRI eyeball that takes four seconds in each eye. That's it. And then you have this amazing picture of your eye inside it out and the stem going back. And then the doctor will tell you, yeah, you need a prescription. Here it is. And then you walk around a corner and there's like fifteen hundred frames and these people will tell you, Tony, you have a big fat head. Here are glasses that fit big fat heads.
Speaker 1: That's not their words.
Speaker 2: They did not say that that's what I heard, though, That's what I heard. So Vision firstiicare dot com make an appointment. It took about forty five minutes or an hour for the entire process. Whether you're six months old or sixty million years old.
Speaker 1: Oh wow, that far it's old. That's how good they are.
Speaker 2: Man, Vision firstiicare dot com back after these on news radio eight forty whash. Look at Billy's in the other studio. I know it's radio and you all can't see it. My radio sun is here today. Billy Rutlitch sports dude sold his soul to KSR to the Kentucky fans. He said, okay, pays good. I guess we want to thank everybody for being on the show to tomorrow. I want to remind you that Dean Wells is a South End legend. He sadly passed away last week. I think it was last Thursday. But he played for He played football and went to school at Holy Cross when it switched over from Bishop David. Then he played at Kentucky, held this single season sack record for a while. He still believe have this single game sack record. And he plays and he played for the Seahawks. So he is just a he was a genuine awesome guy and all his buddies are coming in tomorrow, his former football coach. It's nine oh five and we're going to talk about him. Another South End legend gone too early, and Dwight is stuffing his fat face with a big Jeff's don't.
Speaker 1: Damn ron Am has got chocolate chips on it. Listen. I mean you went right.
Speaker 2: You went right for you know who would be disappointed your workout, Jami. And you said you were gonna skip Manami today. You were gonna come up with some stupid excuse. So you're doing the opposite, not working out with your fitness instructor. You're eating a big fat Jeff's donut.
Speaker 3: If you know Madamie Jones or if you are Manami Jones, here's a message for you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, all right, join us tomorrow, folks. Coming up next is Clay and Buck. Plenty of news in there, folks. It's it's crazy, is every single How do you not listen to news radio eight forty whas it is every day? Something's going on, all right? And then Terry Miner's coming up at three o'clock. Thank you Rick for producing today for Dwight witting out. Tony Fanetti will see you later on news Radio eight forty.
Speaker 1: I Love your mom.