Speaker 1: Did you guys know that there is this thing that happens to some alligators and they're born without a tail?
Speaker 2: I heard with at with I'll show you're gonna ruling it, except with similar sweet pursuing it toddled out Shaw shank through the sewer. Kid, Now what chilling at the Eagle? Yeah, we're doing it. Three o'clock on the dock. Got a habit for my house, a goat status. How we'd starting kid Crattic shows that up multiplied like a rabbit tune end zone out, crank it up, beat the habit.
Speaker 3: I'm won I hang out with the friends, rocking on your radio.
Speaker 4: My moist business hands talking on the radio.
Speaker 1: It's time to to this WS again.
Speaker 4: All baby, here we go, kJ Ri steing up and.
Speaker 2: Hold up on radio. Ah.
Speaker 4: Yes, Happy Thursday, everybody.
Speaker 1: It's the world famous it's been in Skin Show ninety seven point one the Eagle. Thank you for joining us today. Thank you for making us a part of your daily routine. Right here on the Eagle. I'm Ben Rodgers, joined by my close personal homie since nineteen eighty two. We met Richardon Texas, Jeff skin Wade, Hello fanm Pride, Joy of only Texas, Kevin kat Turner, Hello, and from Oatmeal Pizza, the legendary Christina k Ray Little baby corn Bread ray See is a little baby corn bread or a little love bag? Say again, love bag over? I think he's saying little Hellotle baby, they're a little baby. Wayne the rapper, Little Wayne. Uh, we got a great show planned. I know because I was there for the pre show meeting.
Speaker 4: Uh.
Speaker 1: Kyrie Irving has a rap song out. Yes, we'll take a listen to that. Tony Romo is talking, Troy Aikman is talking, Stephen Jones is talking. We'll have an audio so we'll get real sportsy in the four o'clock hour. We got the Hollywood Shuffle coming up here momentarily. Updates on the Diddy trial, And would you guys say that just the way to characterize those updates is that they're shocking.
Speaker 4: I would say.
Speaker 1: That whatever is happening in the Diddy trial will get KT banned from radio. Yeah, Like it's dangerous to even talk about, right, You can't even think about it. The thought police will shut you down. Like in a corporate setting, even having small talk about it could result in you never working.
Speaker 5: I think that's a whole other thing though, I think because it's under this like statute of pop culture and current events. So you can talk about disgusting stuff in the office as long as it's under the guise of you just can't. Yeah, it's under the disguise that I'm just talking about the news in the break room.
Speaker 1: You just can't whisper it to a fellow employee of the different sex without them looking while touching her butt. No or his his right because nature of the case, someone's making it. They they're big and they're not facing. You can't walk up behind him and whisper some of the stuff that Diddy was doing. You can, so you can't due no, no, no, you can't whisper what Diddy's doing.
Speaker 4: But you can grab their ass and go you follow that. I don't think you can do that. You can.
Speaker 1: It's the disguised news that these are the things you can't do.
Speaker 5: We're in radio, we talk about current events in the news, all right.
Speaker 1: I want to talk about something before we get going here right off the rip, and that is online gangsters. People who bow up online for no reason. It's about wangsters, show man. I find it so shocking, Like every once in a while, idiot. We'll meet somebody who we've interacted with online and in person they're so amazingly timid, like they can't even make eye contact with you, and they're staring at their feet and they're mumbling they have no confidence. But online, boy, they are a hammer. And that's when you grab their ass and tell them the details of the Diddy trial. I just don't understand the online warrior. And so my wife works for this charity and it's a charity that helps people that are struggling with unexpected, you know, financial chaos, and it kind of helps them learn how to get their financial life back in order. And you know, it's people who you know, have have kiddos and there suddenly find themselves struggling and they can't buy groceries or something like that, and they not only help them in that moment, but then they help them along their way and give them financial guidance and like teach them how to catch fish as opposed to just giving them a fish. Right.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's a really cool charity that she's involved in. And they stumbled.
Speaker 1: Across somebody who was a school teacher who's a current school teacher here in the Metroplex, and the teacher had just reached out to the charity and had said something like, Hey, we're looking to.
Speaker 4: I need to get a new refrigerator. Our refrigerator broke.
Speaker 1: Single mom, three kids, teacher and and she had been since the refrigerator was broken. They were using a an ice chest to just keep all their stuff.
Speaker 4: In and then it was hard to maintain.
Speaker 1: And she was just like, hey, if you guys could just you know, because that's what the charity does. They're there for people to reach out and see if they can help in their times of crisis. And so my wife had posted about it on social media and said, hey, there's a teacher in our community.
Speaker 4: This is the hardship Da da.
Speaker 1: And we just want to see if anybody's interested in donating to this. And we're gonna we're gonna go buy a refrigerator and have it delivered and da da dah, and some guy just started killing him on there, just going well, how did the teacher get in that situation? Like what I don't understand, Like, how do you get in a situation where you don't have a working refrigerator in can't do we know the track record of this teacher. Do we know the history of this teacher? Does anybody know of the teachers using drugs? Like it was all out.
Speaker 4: Like in.
Speaker 1: My wife's like, I don't do I She responded a couple of times like don't respond. Yeah, do not engage with people like that. I've actually gone back to blocking people.
Speaker 4: It's so good.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And the main reason I used to not block people is because Twitter was different. Twitter you could actually go back and forth, you know. Now it's just such, it's gone through changes to make it worse. I'm like, there's really no downside to blocking because there's no discourse anymore. Yeah, it's also one sided. Just you know, I'll just I just remove it from my feed. And I don't even really use Twitter near as much as I used to, So if I just see one little thing, I just block and move on because it's the format has changed, the process has changed. But I'm convinced that we're the state of the world now and the evolution of social media, that they're really unless you know that person and know a little bit about them and have had some exchanges with them before, there's no benefit in going back and forth anymore on anything.
Speaker 4: No, there's no bene. Do you guys have a policy for to mute? But I don't really do that anymore. Yeah, so it's just it's different now. I just don't really. Yeah, I'm just honored as much. Well yeah, God, that's a blessing. That's a huge blessing. I think it.
Speaker 1: I think it's I understand that perspective, and I don't disagree that, but I do think it's sad that what Twitter used to be, which I liked, I even liked, you know, disagreeing with people, that's gone.
Speaker 4: Oh that world is so gone.
Speaker 1: It's like I don't know where it comes back, but I do, and I miss some of that stuff that used to be really fun.
Speaker 3: But yeah, now everyone has to find at least one negative thing to say about. Like it could be anything like just a puppy going down a slide. Someone will say, Oh, I can't believe you, as a dog owner would let your dog go down that, right, Like just.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's it's it's NonStop. Anyways.
Speaker 1: Well, I hope I hope Cat is unfazed because she's doing good work there. Yeah, she's working for a great cause and they're they're helping people, and I think it's great. And I told her just to absolutely ignore it. Yea, yeah, we'll find out. We'll get to the bucket on the show all right, coming up in just over three minutes, where you're gonna take us in things. Skin is tracking, all right. I saw a cool story today about something that the Mavericks are dealing with, and it's gonna lead to a bigger discussion about what is cool about the DFW