Speaker 1: Something you should go something you should know, was brought to you by GENESISGOLDIRA dot com. That is also something you should know. You can put your retirement plan on the gold standard Genesis Gold Group, the only IRA backed by physical gold and silver. Learn more right now and get a free gold and silver guide at Genesis Gold ir dot com. Excited to visit right now the very funny stand up comic Peter Surrs and he will be instou Falls on Friday.
Speaker 2: Peter, First of all, where are you from, sir?
Speaker 3: I am born and raised in Los Angeles, California.
Speaker 2: Very nice. And you still live in LA or where do you live nowadays?
Speaker 3: I live in a suburb, but about forty five minutes outside of LA without traffic, which it's anywhere for forty five minutes two and a half hours.
Speaker 2: It's crazy. I've been I've been there in traffic before. It's crazy.
Speaker 1: And I remember the one time we were driving to downtown LA and the GPS said, hey, if you take this exit, you'll shave twenty minutes off your trip, and we're like, oh, let's do that. And I flipped a blinker on and we're driving up on ramp and I realized it was South Central was the exit that I was taking. I'm like, I'm going on South Central Friday at five. I don't know if this is a good idea, and it went okay, we it was. It was very interesting. It was like eighteen blocks of homeless encampment and I'm like, we don't have that at home. That's a little different.
Speaker 3: So, but that's the real thing. I don't how I grew up with that around, So I was really so like not having but.
Speaker 1: And we we have some of that here, but it gets so cold here. I don't think that you know, they could be here like that year round. And and again, you know, I'm sad for anybody that's in that situation anywhere. But we're driving through that, I was like, wow, this is a lot different than than the scenic group that we had been on. So, right, so you're gonna be doing a fun comedy show in Sioux Falls, and I see you have Kerner and Zach Drasher both going to be here as well, and I know both of them very very funny guys. And I think I actually have had a chance to see you in the past as well. You've been to Sue Falls before.
Speaker 3: Right, No, this is my first time in anywhere near not near there, but yeah, I've never been. I've never been to Sue Falls. I know I'm going to be in Marco. I'm Saturday. I've never been there either. I'm actually very excited, you know, growing up in LA I love going to the new place. One of the fun parts about my job.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well, I watched the videos. You're a funny, funny guy, and I must have just seen other videos of you, because when I watched you, I'm like, I know this guy. I thought maybe I had seen you here, but I must have just watched some videos online.
Speaker 3: You know. It's funny people say that, and I'm like, I wish like my social media my social media numbers reflected that because I have had I've seen you before? What who I know you from? And I'm like, you know, I've done stuff on TV. I've been on like The Late Late Show and stuff. But like, very few people that come to see me are like, oh, I'm coming to see you because I saw you on this, you know, Like it's usually just because it's a Friday night I'm there and they're gonna come to see it anyway. And I'm just happen to be the.
Speaker 2: Guy there you go.
Speaker 1: Well, whatever the reason, there's a good reason to get out and enjoy yourself and have some fun on Friday evening. And Peter, let's explain your type of comedy for people who have not had a chance to see.
Speaker 2: Peter says, Okay, I.
Speaker 3: Am very high energy on stage probably night and days off stage versus on stage, I mean, like im myself, but I think I'm an exaggerated version of myself on stage, but very very high energy. I'm a very I'm a storyteller, so you'll hear a lot of stories about things that have happened in my life. And you know, I always joke, but it's true. It's like I'm not smart enough to make stuff up, so I just take the things that happens to me and turn them into funny stories that I get to share with you guys. You know, when I'm performing a different city.
Speaker 2: Very very nice.
Speaker 1: And then while we're watching, we might go I recognize you from the Late Late Show, or from Law and Order or from MTV Home right right.
Speaker 3: I pray if that happens, but.
Speaker 1: Either way, I can tell you this from the videos that I've seen, very very funny guy You're gonna have a good time. And I know both of the other folks that are on the show very funny as well, so it's gonna be a real good time. It's this Friday, November eighth. The doors open at eight, but the show starts at nine at the Icon event Haul Downtown Sue Falls. And if you want to get tickets, you can get them right at the door, or you can get them in advance. I've got a link to all of the information. Peter, excited to have you in town. Thanks for taking the time to chat. We appreciate it, man.
Speaker 3: And thank you guys. Excited to see you guys on Friday.
Speaker 1: Absolutely again, Peter says, and he is one of the comics. You'll see this Friday night again. It's eighth of November is when this will be Friday, eighth of November. Doors open at eight thirty, the show starts at nine at the Icon event Haul Downtown Sue Falls. All of the details at Facebook dot com slash Sue Falls Comedy. Something you Should Know. Something you Should Know is brought to you by Genesis gold r dot com. Put your retirement plan on the gold Standard. Get a free Gold and Silver guide now at Genesis, goold r a dot com