Speaker 1: The sports page with The Orlando Sentinel and FM ninety six nine The Games Mike the Bulldog.
Speaker 2: Beyond You on JR. R. Bulldog Sports Page, brought you by Coffin and Land Injury Attorneys. Mike Beyonki.
Speaker 1: What's happening, man, what's happening. Let's see what's happening locally. What's happening in Central Florida. Seb Hinds, the coach of the Orlando Pride, wins the NWSL Coach of the Year. No big surprise there. The Pride have been the most dominant team in the league. They're in the championship game this Saturday night in Kansas City. By the way, the Bulldog's going to be in KC. Yeah, Kansas City covering the prize. By the way, if they win, we need to have a parade. I think we need to have a parade. Have we ever had a championship parade? A parade in this town?
Speaker 2: Huh? Did we have it for the Magic when they made it magic? Have never won a champion? No? But when they made it far? No, you don't have a parade for second place.
Speaker 1: You know, for the Eastern Conference final champion? No? Okay, did we have a parade for the whatever that football league was.
Speaker 2: The never finished. They only played four games seven.
Speaker 1: But by the way, hey, when Tiger was living here, remember when Tiger won the Tiger Slam when he was living in Orlando I actually called the mayor of Orlando at the time. I think it was Glenda Hood.
Speaker 2: Was that was that a mayor? Yeah? Linda Hood? Yeah? Yeah.
Speaker 1: So I called her, I go, we need to have a parade for Tiger Woods since we've never had a championship parade.
Speaker 2: And she said, who are you? No, No, she.
Speaker 1: Actually put out an invitation the Tiger Woods to have a parade and he turned it down. O. Man, yeah, we need to have a parade for the Pride. College football playoff rankings are out. What about Boise State jumps over the potential Big twelve champion BYU into the automatic by category. All right, so Boise State ahead of BYU. Now the top five remain unchanged Oregon, Ohio State, Texas, penn State, Indiana. But the biggest storyline is the way the committee dropped the BYU after their seventeen to thirteen loss to a three win Kansas team over the weekend. So BYU moved down eight spots from number six to number fourteen. That means they fall behind Boise State, which is number twelve, and using the current rankings, Oregon, Texas, Miami, and Boise State would be the four highest rated conference champions and we'll receive first round byes.
Speaker 2: That's you gotta keep in mind, though, as much as people want to get wound up and talk about this, there's still games left to be twice before any of this fans out, So.
Speaker 1: Of course there is truth be told. Though right now the b why the Big twelve really doesn't have a team that's worthy of making the twelve team playoff, But we'll see what happens. There are a lot of games to be played. Colorado obviously only has two losses. I think most people would love to see Coach Prime and Colorado make the playoffs just to make it more exciting, But we'll see what happens there.
Speaker 2: What about what's.
Speaker 1: Going on over in Tampa Bay the Rays Stadium, not just Trumpicana Field and the roof being blown off during the hurricane, but now the Rays new stadium that was approved by the Padellas County Commission in the city of Tampa. Now it looks like that's not gonna be built, or at least not anytime soon. They are putting the brakes on that over there. The ownership group of the Tampa Bay Rays put out a statement yesterday saying they are saddened and stunned by the unfortunate turn of events, and it sounds like they're gonna start looking at elsewhere.
Speaker 2: Why what what?
Speaker 1: What?
Speaker 2: What? What? Uh? You put this all in motion?
Speaker 1: I think I think the huru During the recent election, two new county commissioners were elected over in Tampa who are sort of anti stadium or over in Saint Pete that are anti stadium, and they're saying, hey, we got other things we need to spend our money on because of the her.
Speaker 2: Hurricane image and things like that.
Speaker 1: So so I think that's what's what's put the brakes on it. And now Tampa Bay uh are the Rays, I think are going to start looking elsewhere. We need the next Pat Williams to step up over here and get us energized about making a run at the Rays. Guys. Maybe it could be you, Maybe just like you called for a parade, maybe you could call the mayor and get you know, start whinding things up with with Dyer.
Speaker 2: Called Glinda Hood. Wait, no, she hasn't been there for years. Jerry dems.
Speaker 1: It's the county that controls all of the tourist text money, so it need to be Jerry.
Speaker 2: Dimming Disney Dome, Deo Dome better and better. Yeah yeah. Meanwhile, Champion, back it up. While you're in Tampa. Lightning get a three to two overtime win against Pittsburgh last night, Bulldog, there.
Speaker 1: You go go, Lightning. UCF wins in college basketball last night. Uh they beat Tennessee Tech. They remain unbeaten, and the number twenty one ranked Gators they bury fam you last night. They remain unbeaten as well.
Speaker 2: All right, here's Mike the Bulldog. Theyonkey host of Open Mic weekday mornings on AM seven forty and FM ninety six to ninety Game on It. Jason Dusk takes time out of his show, which we appreciate, to bring all of us to the sports page each morning here on JRR brought you by Kaufman and Lynd.
Speaker 1: Listen to Under Oath with Attorney Jeff Kaufman every Saturday morning, seven thirty am on FM ninety six nine.
Speaker 2: The game.
Speaker 1: You can catch extended versions on your favorite streaming platue form.
Speaker 2: Wrinchin Tako on demand. Download the iHeartRadio app from the Bogu