Speaker 1: One thing about this geen is the invisible and tangibles that they have.
Speaker 2: This team is really becoming a family. Let's not play one on Tom. Let's wind it.
Speaker 3: I love letting these guys after the show, just thank you.
Speaker 4: Give me are your attention, your fire not a pisson.
Speaker 5: This is world champion, Dodgers, world champion.
Speaker 4: Put a small soft time they get up people what they want to die? Two is special. I'm like, yeah, it's not a headache. One of the cop This ball's gone.
Speaker 6: You ready to go show?
Speaker 4: Hell old time, go to the sound.
Speaker 5: Grab your phone to get in on the show called eight six six nine eighty seven two five seven and go to the show. And now your host of Dodger Talk, Tim Kats.
Speaker 7: For the first time in what six hundred and thirty three days, show hey Otani was back on the mound pitching in a baseball game tonight, donning a Dodgers uniform. One inning of work for show Heyotani in his return, and then he went to work at the plates as the Dodgers leadoff hitter. A RBI double on the third, then an RBI single in the fourth, two for four tonight. A couple of ribis for show Aotani as the Dodgers beat the Podres tonight sixty three. Welcome to Dodger Talk Everybody AMPHI seventy LA Sports Live Everywhere on the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 4: Thanks for being with us.
Speaker 7: A sold out crowd here at Dodgers Stadium on this Monday night. Fans rushed to get tickets once it was announced on Dodger Talking yesterday with Devid Vesse that show Ayotani would be the starting pitcher tonight for the Dodgers.
Speaker 4: A sellout crowd is.
Speaker 7: What they had here at the ravine and they saw show Eyotani warming up. I mean as soon as he came out of the dugout to go out and start playing long toss and left field fans along the third base line were standing, and as he made his way out into the outfield, they continued to stand all the way down by the foul pole on the field level. And then you looked in the bullpen area along the gate along the field level, in the pavilion and left field, everybody standing. And then you looked up in the reserve level as he was throwing his bullpen session, a line of people hanging over the railing looking down into the Dodgers' bullpen just to see number seventeen show Aotani warm up in the Dodgers' bullpen. It's like nobody had ever seen show Ayotani pitch before in the United States. I had to remind some folks today he pitched for six years for the Anaheim Angels. Six years we seen him pitch in the big leagues. He's faced the Dodgers before, but yet tonight it's like we had never seen him pitch before. And Dodger fans were here tonight in force to see him pitch against the San Diego Padres. Just one inning of work, one run, two those strikeouts, no walks. Should have had a punch out of Manny Machado. Instead it was a sack fly. Later in he had bat bringing in a run in the first inning to give the Padres a one to nothing lead. But overall some command issues in that one end of work for show Aotani. You heard from Max Munsey, you heard Dave Roberts, you heard from showing himself with David Vasse on the field. Felt good about his performance and something to now build on moving forward again. A reminder he didn't go to Rancho Cucamonga. He didn't go to Oklahoma City. There was no rehab outings to face live hitting, live bullets.
Speaker 4: As they say, in a competitive game.
Speaker 7: In the minor leagues, he didn't have that luxury of going out and pitching. He had a couple of sim games, most recently last week, forty four pitches at Petco Park down in San Diego. That was it as far as live action and ramping up to come back and pitch with the Dodgers. So tonight, his first competitive was the one inning of work against the San Diego Padres. And for those who were calling a FI seventy earlier today, I heard you on Rogan and Rodney. This wasn't the Dodger saying we need you show hey, we go, We need you to go out and make a start.
Speaker 8: Go.
Speaker 7: This was Show Aotani on his schedule, part of his plan going out and pitching tonight. This wasn't him being forced out. This wasn't him being kicked and pushed and told go out and pitch by the Dodgers Dave Roberts or Mark Pryor or Andrew Freeman. No, this was the schedule and plan all along for Show Aotani he got to a point SIM games have been enough. He got out of him what he was gonna get forty four pitches, couple of updowns, as they say in a SIM game.
Speaker 4: Last week.
Speaker 7: He was ready. The next step was to face live hitting in a game. And he's not going to the minor leagues on a rehab start, as we have mentioned, so the other option is to have him pitching the game, and he did tonight.
Speaker 4: As in essence, he was the opener for the Dodgers.
Speaker 7: It was gonna be one, maybe two innings of work if it was a light inning. In that first inning, as it turns out, he threw twenty eight pitches, sixteen strikes, a little bit of an issue with his command, got a couple swinging misses into night's one inning of work. He had two flare base hits that he gave up in that first inning from Luisa Rise and Fernando Tetiz Junior, a sack five for Manny Machado, limited damage against show Hey Otani and certainly something to build on. And how exciting was it to see him hit triple digits on the radar gun here at Dodger Stadium, one hundred miles an hour a couple times, sitting ninety six ninety seven miles an hour consistently in his one inning of work tonight. Eight sixty six nine eighty seven two five seventy is a number. Eight sixty six nine eighty seven two five seventy ten. Kate's postgame Dodger Talk here at Dodger Stadium as the Dodgers get to win sixty three over the Padres talked about it in pregame. We were gonna see Ben Casparius in a heavy dosage tonight as the quote unquote bulk inning guy for the Dodgers. He's now part of this rotation. But because Showhy wants to pitch the one inning, he gets the nod as the opener, the starter, and then it was gonna be Ben Casparius getting a bulk of the innings tonight.
Speaker 4: And that's what we saw.
Speaker 7: Three and two thirds, two runs, three hits, a couple of strikeouts. He had a leadoff walk in the fourth that turned into a run on a double by the next batter in the fourth inning from Xander Bogart's His RBI double gave up a leadoff home run in the sixth inning to Manny Machado. But other than that, gave the Dodgers what they needed, some length in this game to get to Vesia Kopek, Tanner, Scott and then Kirby Yates to pitch the ninth inning that back into the bullpen. By the way, starting to look good, starting to get to what we thought it was gonna look like in whatever combination. Vessia, Kopek, Scott, Yates, all four of those guys can close out games. We're starting to see identity down there in that bullpen. We're starting to see rules start to form in that Dodger's bullpen. Is it gonna stay that way every single night? No, but you're starting to see four main, high leverage relievers out there, and for what they can go ahead and get the net final nine twelve, fifteen outs if need be in a game. Eight six, six, nine, eight, seven, two five seventy is the number we're gonna hear from. Jose Mota coming up in just a little bit. Let's go out to the phone, Zough start things off. Joseph leaving the game tonight here at Dodger Stadium. Joseph, what a night for showing oh Tani. It was like a playoff atmosphere tonight, wasn't it.
Speaker 9: Yeah, it was really quiet when he was out there in the stadium, like you could heart. You could hear like a pin drop pretty much. And Yep, my buddies and I noticed how quiet it was while he was pitching. It was pretty insane.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 9: One thing I was disappointed though, is that, uh, when Conforto just wasn't really making making his plays. Is that Roberts didn't play Kim in the game though, And I thought he would have Kim in the game, and so I was just wondering, like, why they haven't gone to Kim is more of an everyday player.
Speaker 7: Appreciate the phone call, Joseph. You brought up something I wanted to make sure we hit on when shoey Otani was pitching tonight, and it wasn't unnoticed at first. You kind of had to stop and think, what's what's different right now? What is I can't put my finger on it initially, And after a few pitches from shoey Otani in that first inning, facing to tease and then the single to a rise, I figured it out and Joseph just brought it up. It was quiet inside Dodger stadium. There was no deed or rule on the organ.
Speaker 4: There there was no music being played.
Speaker 7: There was no oh, you know, the charge stuff in between pitches to get the fans going and to get a rhythm going out there in a game. In between pitches for show Eotani tonight, it was quiet. You could almost hear a pen drop with a sellout crowd here at Dodger State, and I'm not exaggerating.
Speaker 4: It was eerily quiet.
Speaker 7: Maybe it's Dodger Stadium is so loud during games, but at the same time, when you don't hear anything in between pitches, nothing, nothing from deeeda rule on the organ, nothing, and it's just showy Otani out there and facing batters and when he's going two two, three to two full count and guys, it feels like forever it was just a battle on the mound and we're just observers in a quiet, you know, vacuum somewhere watching this all happen.
Speaker 4: It was really weird to see.
Speaker 7: But I don't know if that's what show he wants, if it's a respect thing, I don't know, but I thought it was interesting. There was just dead silence when show A was on the mound in that top half of the first inning eight six, six, nine.
Speaker 4: Seven, five seventy.
Speaker 7: Jose Mota is going to join us after the top of the hour. Dodgers get the six to three win over the Padres tonight show a Otani two for fourth to plate and RBI double an RBI single. He got the start tonight in his one inning of work. Damn it into Mechil You're next up here on Dodger Talk on this Monday night.
Speaker 4: Hi doing David.
Speaker 9: I'm doing awesome.
Speaker 10: We're about fifty minutes from home. My girlfriend's driving. It's awesome. It was great to be there. We actually are quarter season ticket holders and the reserve section normally, but we sold a game we're supposed to. We sold last next Saturday's ticket and upgrade it before it happened. It was phenomenal being there for Show's first appearance on the mound. Like you said it was, it was quiet out there, but it was also electric in a way because the way he was just throwing and very powerful on the mound. It was just amazing to see. And I can't wait until he could build up and pitch a solid five for us.
Speaker 4: Yeah, no doubt. I appreciate the phone call, David.
Speaker 7: The command wasn't there, and I keep alluding to that because it's important to remember that Dodger fans that, yeah, he missed the zone twelve times. He had a wild pitch, and that wild pitch would come into score on the Manny Machado sack fly. He got some swinging missus. He had some two strike counts. I think he had about four or five of them. He should have had a strike out of Manny Machado on a two strike sweeper, but was not wrung up on the call, and it turned out that Manny machatdo flew out to bring in the first run of the game. But you can see him out there in command. The velocity was there once that command gets dialed in. I mean, look out, this is a guy who made his first pitching appearance since August twenty third of twenty twenty three, and sim games is.
Speaker 4: All he threw in.
Speaker 7: You had to expect a little bit of command issues out there as he zeros it in on the scope, as they say, with all of his pitches, and tonight you saw him in that one inning of work glimpses of what he was and what we're going to see was shoe Aotani moving forward as he gets ramped up, and as David Vassi mentioned it, it's gonna be and Dave Roberts talked about it with the media earlier. We expect to see him once a week, just like we're seeing from Yoshiamamoto. Is gonna be once a week for show Ayotani when he's out on the mountain and the next time out it could be just one inning of work. It could be an inning in of third, it could be an Indian in two thirds. I truly believe they're gonna just take it as far as a pitch count range and a load, as far as how he's out there on the mount is it gonna be stressful inning? Is he being taxed out there like tonight a one inning of work twenty eight pitches? He wasn't going back out there for a second inning in his first outing of the year.
Speaker 4: Now, let's just play.
Speaker 7: You know what if here, if he had gone out and had an eight or nine pitch first inning and retired the side from the San Diego Padres tatis Ariiza Machado, I wouldn't have been shocked to see him go back out there and maybe face a batter or two and see what the pitch count and the stress load is looking like in that second inning. But as it is first time out, twenty eight pitch inning, sixteen strikes, gave up a run on a sack fly, couple flare base hits, didn't get his strikeouts, but a couple of swinging misses.
Speaker 4: A good overall return to the.
Speaker 7: Mound for Show Aotani, And again I shouldn't be shocked, but just in awe, I guess is the best way to describe it. In watching show Ayotani, just run onto the field, warm up, play long toss, throw his bullpen warm up, and then come out to the mound. It's like nobody had ever seen him pitch before. It's just to me, having watched him pitch for six years in Anaheim, watch him pitch against the Dodgers, and tonight the one inning of work, the twenty pitches he threw in the bullpen pregame, it's like people were hanging on every pitch just trying to get a glimpse of number seventeen.
Speaker 4: Like he's babe, Ruth, I mean, he is a unicorn. I get it.
Speaker 7: I understand It's just amazing for a guy who's in his eighth season in the big leagues making his.
Speaker 4: First start in a Dodger uniform.
Speaker 7: That's the power of the brand that is the Dodgers, that is the power of Dodger Blue, of Dodger Baseball. That a guy can spend six years down the road with a different team, come to the Dodgers, win a World Series, have the marketability that he does, have the power of stardom that he does as a player on and off the field at that point of his career, and to be now in a Dodger uniform for the next eight plus years, It's it's pretty crazy. Mike and Sun Valley is next up here on postgame Dodger Talk on seventy I Sports.
Speaker 11: How you doing, Mike, Hey, Cam, how you doing?
Speaker 12: Thanks for taking the call.
Speaker 4: Absolutely, I'm great. I' what a great night out of Dodger Stadium tonight.
Speaker 12: Oh very great guy. And you know, show hey for the first time in almost two years pitching, uh beat the Padres. That makes it even more special. One more thing I want to talk about. At the start of this twenty seven game stretch, didn't know how it was gonna go a little worried with all the injuries, and yet here we are still in first place at the conclusion of this rough stretch, and uh, we're going to get some more pictures back and look out, National League. You know we're going to be there.
Speaker 7: Yeah, it's scary, and I appreciate the phone call, Mike. It's scary to think that the Dodgers, with all the injuries fourteen players as far as pitchers on the injured list as of a couple of days ago, that their first place team. And I shape the phone call. Their first place team. They have one of the best records in baseball. They have the second best home record in the National League. Obviously, expectations are high. They're expected to win, no doubt about it, with this team and the way it's constructed. But through all the injuries, the way they've just hung in there and continue to win series after series and be in first place in the division. And now the trickle back of players to this rotation, to the bullpen, to the lineup, you know, getting back Kirby Yates, getting back Michael Kopek. Blake Trining was throwing a bullpen session earlier today. Blake Snell throwing a bullpen session earlier today, show Aotani on the mound tonight for one inning of work. We are starting to see guys come back and trickle back healthy and add to what is already a first place team. It is kind of scary to think about what this team is going to look like and be like when they are at full strength, and quite frankly, Dodger fans, I'm hoping they're at full strength at the mid to late part of September. That's when they need to be healthy. That their peak. You know, it's great to be healthy and have the lineup and roster you thought you're gonna have in July and early August and early September. But let's face it, this team is built to win a championship. And you play one hundred and sixty two games, you win your division, you take care of business during the season, but you better be at your best when that calendar flips to October one and you start playoff baseball eight to six, nine, eight, seven, two five seventy Dodgers get the victory tonight six to three over the San Diego Padres. They're now forty two and twenty nine on this season. They pick a half game up on the San Francisco Giants, and now they pick up a full game on the San Diego Padres in the NL West. So the Dodgers gaining ground in some momentum. Now having taken two or three over the weekend from the Giants, they win the series open or tonight over the Padre is now four games up in the division over San Diego, and again the Diamondbacks just can't can't get any momentum going.
Speaker 4: They're a game over five hundred.
Speaker 7: They win six of their last ten, but you know, they just can't get on a roll, and they've dug themselves a seven game hole in the division, looking up with three teams ahead of him in the standings. It's gonna be a tough going for them in the NL West. But if you're the Dodgers, you're feeling good about where you're at right now. Winners of three straight, three of their last fourth, they have been winners here at home, and the Dodgers get the win tonight's sixty three over the Podgers. Will take one more call before we take a break and checking with Jose Mota uh noah, leaving the games next up here on Dodgers lock.
Speaker 11: How you doing, Noah, Yes, sir, how are we doing?
Speaker 4: I'm doing great. Dodgers win tonight. Shoe a Otani is.
Speaker 11: Back, yep show, he's back.
Speaker 9: What a guy?
Speaker 4: What a guy is right? Noah?
Speaker 7: What'd you think of the one inning to work? What do you think about the buzz that was at Dodger Stadium tonight? You were at this game, a sellout crowd watching him warp. I was here since two three in the afternoon, Noah, and watching the fans file in early. When they opened the gates early tonight to get this capacity crowd here to Dodger Stadium, it was five thirty three. I looked at my watch, Noah, and I said, Wow, the pavilion's full. The lower field level tickets are filling in, the load sections, filling in, the reserve sections, filling in. It was a playoff like atmosphere. Fans got here early, Noah to see Showyotani pitch.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it was amazing just getting there. We got there about three hours early, and just the aura around Otani when he came out was just amazing. You could just feel it and everybody was excited and it was just amazing when he came out and he pitched for the inning.
Speaker 11: I was I was shaking, and I was kind of nervous because I wanted him to do good. But I know he'll build up and be better on and start to be a good picture for us and give us alid innings.
Speaker 7: Yeah, he's just getting started. Knowing I appreciate the phone call. He's just getting going. One inning of work tonight. He'll build on that. We may see more. We may see the same thing next time out next week when he goes out there and pitches for the Dodgers. Dave Roberts alluded to it where we expect now to see showy Otani once a week out there starting for the Dodgers. Tonight, it's one inning, and he's going to continue to build on that moving forward into the All Star break and then post All Star break. Really start to see it ramp up as far as his workload on the mound once a week pitching for the Dodgers. And Dave Roberts real quick before we take a break, Dave Roberts hit it on the head. Seeing a lot of baseball as Dave Roberts as a player, a coach and now manager, longtime manager now for the Dodgers. You don't see it very oftense, how rare it is to see a two way player in baseball. That's why he's a unicorn Showyotani. But to see show Hey throw the top half of the first inning, race over to the dugout, not even go into the dugout, standing on the dirt right in front of the steps, putting on his shin guard, putting on his outside shing guard, then putting on his elbow brace, getting his gloves on his batting gloves, and start to do his warm up swings in the minute and forty five seconds that he has in between innings between the top half of the first and the bottom half of the first and go out there and lead off for the Dodgers in the bottom half of the first inning. You just don't see it. That's like high school baseball. It's like literle league baseball, where the best player goes out and pitches. Next thing you know, he's leading off the inning. You don't see it the big leagues. That's why it's so cool when you see something like that tonight. And we've seen show Hey be a two way player for six years in Anaheim, it's not nothing new. But as a leadoff hitter, depitch the top of the first, lead off the bottom of the first. As a hitter, that is pretty cool. Eight six, six nine eight seven two five seventy. We'll take a time out, We'll come back. We'll hear from mose Mota.
Speaker 4: We'll get to a fin. I'll sleep with the calls.
Speaker 7: As the Dodgers beat the Padres tonight six to three, show a Otani one inning of work in his return to the mount, goes two for four to plate Dodgers with a five run fourth inning, come back and beat the Padres six to three. Right here on A five seventy LA Sports Live everywhere on the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 4: AM five seventy LA Sports.
Speaker 6: Be anywhere at any time, and you can hear past episodes of Dodger Talk those things. Search AM five to seventy on the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 4: We're streaming online.
Speaker 6: We stream every game too. Come find the back to Dodger Talk on AM five seventy LA Sports.
Speaker 4: The old one. Tani fights it toward right field.
Speaker 6: This one is gonna drop.
Speaker 4: I'll look place.
Speaker 13: Hit Pott hustling. Hold had been going for third ho he scores show Hey Otani drives in another that picture can absolutely ray five two lay.
Speaker 4: What can he do?
Speaker 7: Showe Eotani Tonight gets to start one inning of work in his first time back out on the mound since twenty twenty three, goes two for fourth to play. Tonight tied the game in the third part of the five run fourth inning for the Dodgers offense, in which they batted around the lineup against Dylan Cease as they get to win sixty three over the podres.
Speaker 4: Tim Kates with you here at Dodger Stadium.
Speaker 7: Dodger Talk continues on a FI seventy LA Sports Live Everywhere on the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 4: Let's check in with Jose.
Speaker 6: It's time to go around the horn with Jose Moga.
Speaker 7: All right, Jose, you got to witness it in Anaheim for many years. Show hey Otani, the two way player, the unicorn. What he does is so special as a pitcher, as a hitter, and Dodger fans for the first time tonight got to see him back on the mount.
Speaker 4: What did you think in that oneting of work?
Speaker 2: I thank you sing the ball quite well, Shohe is predicted last night was going to be so harder than we saw in sim games. I've seen this show happen many times. I feel quite blessed and privileged, but very proud of him for the fact that he knew that it was a stake too. He's facing the padres and he knows these hitters, these hitters know him. Loved the velocity, loved the command location. Also, one thing too that we should ever lose sight of Tim is like he wanted to make every pitch competitive pitch, and there is no wasted movement, no wasted pitch. Pretty much everything was on time. Just a little offset maybe with his upper body lower body, but overall, I'll take that the way the wall's coming out of his hands, especially a two seamed fast. But he's been working on that pitch for a long time, back since last year, thinking about it and watching video and how to execute it better. But to see it today with velocity, it was quite a plus. But I'm so glad fans of Los Angeles, with the big lights, where he has never pitched before, a two way player, never plays a two way player, got to see what a show this is, and certainty it was the attraction all around, globally, the globally all around baseball anywhere you were.
Speaker 7: It's amazing, you know, Hose and I mentioned it earlier. And to see the fans get here early in their seats early, to see people stand up along the third baseline as he made his way out of the Dodgers dugout to go warm up and left field. To see him in the bullpen getting warmed up, and people hanging over the railings on the reserve section looking down just to get eyes on him. You would have never known that this guy is in his eighth season in the big leagues and pitch for six season down the road in Anaheim.
Speaker 4: That's how speciable player he still is.
Speaker 2: And that's how unique Dodger fans make it. I mean to see him number seventeen and Dodger white and blue under these lights, under the whole expectations. Not just go out there and put up your stats, but no, you expect to do well. You prepare for this. He wanted to be on the mound sooner rather than later. He knows that those bullets could not be saved anymore, and why not go out there and try now here and there. But you know, on top of that is is you know Max Mounsey was talking about. And I got to see a lot too, is he really does not get too distracted from and separates one thing from the other. He knew what he had to face, and Dylan sees he knew that any time that he could buy to get to the conject circle was valuable, and he wanted to go out there and be a hitter. And that's the video of the whole thing. And tim The thing too is I've gotten to see the evolution of this whole thing. How was evolved. And consider this, when he first came to the big leagues, the rule was, and there was implemented by GM back then, no hitting the day before, the day of, and the day after you pitch. And I'm thinking to myself, Okay, if he was doing it in Japan, I understand his different baseball and everything in the rigors of baseball in long season, but he's losing a lot in terms of timing with his hit, with his as a hitter. Right and then oh and go and play now I'm going to face Verlander and Garrett Cole, Thank you very much. Right, So Dan came, Joe Madden and Paramantas just say you no, no, how much you want to play. He goes, I want to play every single day, and there he have it. That's what he is at Unicorn.
Speaker 7: The Dodgers tonight in the fourth inning and put up a five spot. Freddy Freeman led off the inning. Freddie Freeman made the final out of the inning.
Speaker 4: He made two of the three outs, by the way in that fourth inning for the Dodgers.
Speaker 7: I thought a big moment was when Andy Paez got hit by a pitch.
Speaker 4: It was a three to two Dodger lead.
Speaker 7: Max Munsey just singled into Oscar Hernandez and Will Smith and on the second pitch from Dylan Seas, he takes a ninety seven mile an hour fastball in the side and he didn't like it, and he said something out to Dylan Cees. The benches, you know, got stirred up a little bit. Both managers came out of the field, cooler heads prevailed. The Dodgers then would go on to score four more runs in the inning, a five spot put up in the inning, six hits total, and that was really the difference in the game. Getting to l season that anything, I think that Andy pie is getting hit by a pitch kind of let a fire underneath the Dodgers and got this crowd going too.
Speaker 2: Let me Terry Man, I tipped my hat to Andy Pines as a young player. You sent the statement right there to your teammates too, saying you know what you can pitch inside, but I also know that I got you in the first time up the first hit double. The other way the Dodgers did get Tatis over there in San Diego, and he goes, okay, but I'm not going to go lightly And the best thing for a player is to go out there and get on base, say thanks for the base runner, by the way, and then to score. You talk about the ultimate slap that really hurts a guy like Dylan seasons if in terms of numbers he just struck out twenty Dodgers his last two outings in twelve innings and today one small window because of the tope of game they play with a stolen base, with alert base running, with just putting the ball in play, this small one. Do you take advantage of the against the premier pitchers a they did against him in the playoffs is exactly what you want to see from this type of offense, not necessarily going on just looking for those lugs.
Speaker 4: We appreciate it. We will check in with you tomorrow. Nights.
Speaker 7: As the Dodgers rolling, now winners of three in a row, it took two or three from San Francisco. They take the series opener tonight, looking to keep the winning going to morrow against San Diego.
Speaker 4: We appreciate it.
Speaker 2: Hey, historic night in La Man.
Speaker 4: Thanks absolutely, there he goes.
Speaker 7: Jose motives the Dodgers get the win over the Padres tonight six to three show. Hey Otani drives in a pair of runs, also gets to start tonight twenty eight pitches in one inning of work in his first outing in six hundred and thirty three days.
Speaker 4: Lee is next up on Dodger Talk. How you doing, Lee?
Speaker 1: Hey?
Speaker 3: How are you?
Speaker 9: Jim?
Speaker 3: And I didn't call you Jim, And you're not going to have to carry me like you've carried these last few callers before, Jose. So the first thing I want to touch on. I was at the game, and you're right, it was quiet when Shoe was on the mound, but my son was with Van. I was telling him it was sort of like watching a Laker game and Lebron shooting free throws. The crowd's quiet, and that's what I think it was. We want to show it to do so good. We weren't getting into it like we would normally. The second thing I want to touch on is that the Dodger pull bit when healthy is the strength of their team, over the starters, over over the players. When they're healthy, they are They're going to be the team to beat going forward when healthy, because if you have a lead after five minutes, their pull vend it's lights out. If they can be anything like they've been in the past. And the third thing, and the last thing is I root for every Dodger as hard as I can, but it's time to give Kim. I heard another call of call earlier. It's time to let him play like for a month. Whether it's right righty's or lefties, it's time to let him play. And Confordo can play here and there, he can be a small player, but we got to see what Kim can do over a course of a month. So that's all I got And I'll take your comments and I'll listen to it that I drive out here. Thank you Jim rightly, Thank you Lee.
Speaker 4: I appreciate you. Thank you for the nice words.
Speaker 7: It'll be interesting to see how much more playing time I saw Kim gets on an everyday basis, I'm with you. I think he brings a spark and energy on the bass pass. Defensively, he's getting better in center field. Certainly at the plate, he brings something to the bottom of the lineup, and the speed is an issue as well and a problem for teams. Even the ground ball. He can lay it out and beat out a play and make it tough on a defense when he puts the ball in play. I would love to see more of him, absolutely, but we'll see where he fits into the equation on an every day basis, or if he's gonna get a start once the series moving forward.
Speaker 4: I just don't know.
Speaker 7: I mean, Michael Conforto's at a sluggish start, There's no doubt about it. He picked it up, but you know, he's just kind of just at cruise control right now. And I know a lot of Dodger fans would live to see Kim out there on an everyday basis. Daniels Jewelers presents the home Run Forecast. Go to am FI seventy LA sports dot com keyword home run for your chance to win a fifty dollars day Jelers gift Guard just by predicting the number of home runs in the next game.
Speaker 4: Daniels Jewelers own the dream.
Speaker 7: All right, Adrian, wrap things up here, our final call on this Dodger talk here on Monday and night.
Speaker 4: How you doing, Adrian.
Speaker 11: I'm doing pretty great.
Speaker 8: I'm almost home. And what a game today?
Speaker 4: What a game? What about?
Speaker 7: As I described Adrian, the pregame warm ups of show, Hey o Tani, the long toss in the outfield, the bullpen session, people just were clamoring over each other just to see him throw the baseball.
Speaker 4: It was amazing.
Speaker 7: And the quietness of the top half of the first inning in between pitches. It was something to see out there tonight. And I can't see I can't wait to see more of it moving forward.
Speaker 8: I know, It's just I guess I got a feeling of it just being super surreal, Like we signed this guy for so much back in December twenty twenty three, and now we're seeing him fully realizing in all of his Dodger potential.
Speaker 7: Yeah, it's it's gonna be fun seeing him healthy and on the mound pitching once a week for this Dodgers team. And I appreciate the fall phone call Adrian just quickly, Dodger fans, think about this.
Speaker 4: You got Kershaw pitching the way he's pitching.
Speaker 7: Yoshi Yamamoto has been the best Dodger starter here in twenty twenty five, certainly in the first half of this season. You add to that Dustin May when he's on, he's really good. You're gonna get Tyler Glass now back, Blake Snell's gonna come back. You got Ben Casparius, who has proven whatever role he has been asked to be in opener, long guy, reliever, and now back into this rotation where he was as a starter in the minor leagues.
Speaker 4: He can do it.
Speaker 7: And now you add Shoeyo Tani pitching once a week, making a start and ramping up and hopefully getting back to an elite level. This is how we pitched it. This is how the front office imagine the Dodger rotation would look win healthy. We just haven't seen it all season long, but it was starting to get into that that look where we're gonna see all the starting pitchers healthy. The bullpen looks the way it has tonight. Look out when you got Vesia Kopek, Tanner, Scott Kirby, Yates for high leverage relievers to get you the final twelve outs of a game, the final nine outs of a game, in whatever kind of combination. It's gonna be hard to get runs against this Dodger's bullpen and this Dodgers' offense we certainly know can put up runs at any time. All Right, that's gonna do it for Dodger Talk tonight. Sorry, Brad Paisley didn't have time for you tonight. Maybe tomorrow. Thanks to Dwayne McDonald here in the booth for staying up late with us. Appreciate that, thanks to calling you back at the studio. Great to see Rick Monday and Steven Nelson out here at Dodger Stadium. Eric Carroll's hanging out with him earlier today as well. A great atmosphere heart Dodgers Stadium from when the gates open to when the last Dodger employee leaves tonight.
Speaker 4: A good night to be a Dodger fans.
Speaker 7: They get the padres tonight six to three five benks Varius the when Kirby Yates gets to save show Hey Otani one inning of work and goes two for four at the plate.
Speaker 4: What can't this guy do for the Dodgers.
Speaker 7: Dodgers back at it tomorrow night, Morogo Casino, Dodgers on deck. We'll get it started at six pm, first pitch seven ten.
Speaker 4: Dodgers and the Padres.
Speaker 7: Have a great, safe rest of your Monday night. Bet Balor Show is next song.