Speaker 1: Welcome to Destiny.
Speaker 2: Now here's your host, Cliff Dunning.
Speaker 3: All right, hey, how you doing. Come on, let's have a seat, let's talk. This is another biohacking basic series, and today we're talking about inflation inflammation, which is a critical problem. Also gluten and everything we eat today seems to have bits and pieces of gluten, and not just our bread, not just on our pancakes and our biscuits and other goodies. It is everywhere and this is causing a huge problem. Not only gluten sensitivity, which can look like constipation, coughing, reaction, different kinds of reaction. The other thing that is a consideration with gluten is that it is everywhere. Again I mentioned it's everywhere. It's not good for you in huge quantities. And the other the bigger problem, I think, is the fact that it is being modified. It's being grossly modified from its original form for higher yields, for anti insect pellant when it's in its raw state, and when we keep modifying it, we take away the original form that the body was much more accepting of, and this is where we have poor reaction. Now, the bigger problem is inflammation, and this is what is being studied right now. And when you have inflammation of you and your body, it can cause great harm to your organs. We now understand that people who have dementia or Alzheimer's have inflamm of their brain, and I didn't realize this until very recently. And this is kind of the focus of the program today. And I am going to come clean. I'm going to come clean. I have been biohacking now for a few months. I am now on semi glue tite, which is the main compound in ozimpic. I have lost I see. I started in late August and it's a once a week my self injection is each Wednesday. It's a small little syringe. It has a quarter inch needle that you plunge in your belly fat and it's very easy to give. It's the same kind of syringe that they use when you are diabetic and you have to give yourself insulin. This is the semi glue tite is delivered in these little syringes and I haven't been on it since mid August. I've lost, like I said, two belt sizes, probably about ten pounds. But I'm taking a very low dose because one of the problems with this is that some people have nausea, they have poor reactions, and I wanted to I'm following Tina more doctor Tina Moore's program. If you want some expertise on GLP one products, drugs, check it out. It's you can go to Tina More Moore on the internet on YouTube or go to her website and she has a program on how to apply and use these powerful weight loss drugs. And this is this is biohacking one A is this ozmpic or the compound in it? Now? I paid almost two hundred dollars a month for a supply of four injections. And some people might think that's a lot, but I'll tell you I've had a trouble for about ten years and losing significant weight. And it's not that I don't exercise and watch my food. It's just I have a you know, I'm getting older and the body is sluggish. And this is something. This is a miracle drug. And you know, it's funny because I'm with kids of permanente. They don't recognize it that much. They don't they won't prescribe it for obesity or for I mean, they may sub prescribe it for diabetes type two but they're not. I had to go outside of my provider. It's a clinic in text it's called amble am bl E, and they'll do a online history and there's certain criteria you can't have. If you have any kind of any kind of thyroid issues or if you have other problems, then they just can't, you know, they can't prescribe it to you. But in my case, I don't have any reactions and stuff like that. So again, I've been on it since mid August. Every Wednesday, I get an injection and I'm biohacking baby. And you know, for those of you who are like, oh, you're crazy, you shouldn't be doing those things, it's peptides. It's peptides. Check out Tina Moore. Check it out. See what she has to say. She's a physician and she is one of the top people who are talking about working with semi glue tight injections for weight loss and in my case with heart condition. It actually helps with blood pressure, it helps with cardiac reaction, lessons, heart attacks. It's really I mean, I keep saying this. I want it for weight loss, but it has a lot of other benefits for people who are dealing with cardiac issues. Go bio Hacking one oh one. Your host is in it. If you have any questions on what I'm doing, send me an email, send it to Earth Ancients for you the number four of the letter you at gmail dot com and I'll react to you. I will definitely get back to you and tell you what I'm up to. So today's program is with doctor Tom O'Brien. He has a documentary series called the The Inflammation Equation, and he talks about how the American healthcare system is broken and you have to really take on these challenges, these physical challenges on your own in many cases, and what that means is that you just have to take do a little more research on your own. You have to look out and see I mean, and this is not looking in medical journals. Well, unless you have a major degenerative condition cancer, MS, rheumatoid arthritis, UH, the immune of affecting types of diseases, you may have to go and do a little research in a medical journal. But for the most part, if you have a condition, and remember, biohacking is about taking back your health, but not simply taking back your health. It's being as well as you can as long as you can and being as active as you can body mind and spirit brain. You don't want dementia, you don't want problems with your cognition your body. You want to be able to move around. You don't want to be saddled to a chair or a couch in your senior years. You want to be as active as possible. So this is why we're doing this biohacking series. So you're going to hear a lot of controversy in this program, but I think that this is something that you can definitely be a part of if you're interested and you want to gain greater insight into what's going on with your body. So today's program is the Inflammation Equation, and my guest is doctor Tom O'Brien.
Speaker 1: I did a lot of.
Speaker 4: Never did argy just because the thought of being vulnerable made me feel less than I.
Speaker 5: I have never fouled until you answered, and from that moment.
Speaker 1: I knew that all.
Speaker 3: As we continue our Buying Old Hacking series, we're talking today on nutrition choices in healthcare and my guest today is doctor Tom O'Brian. He is a doctor of chiropractor. He is an award winning author, an internationally recognized leader, speaker, and educator, and expert on autoimmune diseases and metabolic disorders. He's also the author of The Autoimmune Fix, How to stop the hidden autoimmune damage that keeps you sick, fat and tired before it turns into disease. That's a hell of a long title, but we're going to hear about it. And then the other book that I discovered that he wrote is called You Can Fix Your Brain just one hour a week to the best memory, productivity and sleep you've ever had. These are books that he has written, but more importantly, he has just released, or it's been out for a couple of years now, a documentary series called The Inflammation Equation. And this is very very important for us because not only does it have to do with what we do in terms of nutrition, what we eat, but also how to be aware of your healthcare. So, hey, Tom, welcome to Destiny. Great to have you.
Speaker 6: Thanks clip a couple of things that I made to start off with. The Inflammation Equation launched in April of this year.
Speaker 3: So oh, it's clearly new.
Speaker 6: Okay, five months five months ago and already we're up for some awards, and you know, the feedback has been just marvelous, marvelous. And on the titles of the books. You know they're both published by Rodale, And for two weeks I argued with Roadale about the titles because they wanted some different title. I don't know. You can fix your Brain, that's the title of the book. Then they put in the clip, which I agreed with because it actually is the secret to success. And for all of your listeners, they watch a show where you bring on some expert and he talks about his field of expertise, and then people are engaged wanting to do that. But then the next week there's a new expert, and people are engaged and they want to do that, and they get overwhelmed and they throw the baby out with the bathwater. But the secret to success in changing the direction of your health is you allocate one hour a week every Tuesday night after dinner, every Sunday after services, whenever it is. But every week you tell your family, don't bother me for this hour, I'm going to spend some time to learn a little more how we can be healthier. And then you take one of the topics that you heard of, such as you store your leftover food and plastic containers and refrigerator. The next day that food is loaded with folly, the chemicals used to mold plastic. It leached out of the containers into the food, and you said, wait, wait, what what? And then but then you learn in the book that here's three URLs for glass storage containers, and you go online and you look at Miles Kimball dot com and Amazon and whatever. The third one is I remember, and you say, oh, I really like those, I really like those. And so you order those three round ones, two square ones, one for the pie. You pay with your credit card, hit send. It took an hour, but then you're done for the week. But never again will you poison your family with minute amounts of these endocrine disruptors, these hormone disruptors called pallates. You'll never give them, these minute amounts that accumulate in the body over the years. So next week you then deal with air quality, indoor air quality. Next week you deal with food sensitivities, one at a time. That's why that title is so important. Just one hour a week to the best memory, productivity and sleep you've ever had.
Speaker 3: And I really like your series, Tom. You don't have just one person for the full forty five minutes or whatever time period it is. You have a number of experts, each bringing their expertise to the subject. So let's talk a little bit about the American diet and the over use of gluten products and the problem with gluten. Let's start there, Tom, Well, what is the issue? And I'm going to focus on the American side of it, but it can be pretty much anywhere universally, except that we don't see it in the same way that we see it in the United States. What is it about bread and gluten products that is such an issue with our health?
Speaker 6: Really good question. We have the same body as our ancestors thousands and thousands of years ago. The same kid needs the same gallbladder, the same immune system. Our body is worth the same. We've got more creature comfort than ever before safety, but our bodies are the same ten thousand years ago. Agriculture developed before that, which is only a blip on the screen ten thousand years But before agriculture, everyone were nomads. They followed the herds. They were always looking for food. That was their number one concern, then safety, then reproduction, but always food. If they found something, they'd pick it up first they smell it, then they nibble at it, and then they eat it. We have sentries standing guard in the first part of the small intestine, So any food that comes out of the stomach into the small intestine, those sentries. I think of the soldiers at Buckingham Palace with those big hats. You know, they're as dormant as can be. They're not moving, they're not doing anything. But don't mess with those guys. Do not mess with those guys. In the first part of our small intestine. We have sentries standing guard in the immune system. They're called toll like receptors. It doesn't matter what they're called. Just think of the soldiers at Buckingham Palace. They're watching everything that comes out of the stomach into the intestines because once it's in the intestines, it gets absorbed into the body, and so they're screening every morsel. If they see a bug, two things happen immediately. One, you get leaki gut. Why because opening the cell a little bit allows water from the body to leak into the intestines and it washes out the bug with the poop. Leaki gut is not bad for you. Excessive leaky gut is bad for you, but leaki gut saves your life. It saved our ancestors life. I said, there were two things. That's the first. The second thing that happens is that it activates the Century activates the major amplifier of inflammation in the gut, actually in the body. It's called nf kappaB. It's another geek term, doesn't matter, but nf kappaB is the desk sergeant at the police station. You guys, you go over here and take care of this area. You guys, you're in that neighborhood today. You guys, you're over here. So when the Centuries sends a bug, they increase water coming into the intestine to wash the bug out, and they increase inflammation to kill the bug. All of this happens within five minutes. If you're a geek like me, when you watch the videos, it's very cool to see, you know how it happens within five minutes. Okay, so all of that background, now, Well, for those ancestors that didn't have good toll like receptor function, they died. The bugs and the food killed them. They did not reproduce everyone who's here today. Our ancestors had successful immune systems protecting them from the occasional bug that they got exposed to that did not kill them. Right, So we all carry this same mechanism. It's a life saving mechanism. We all have this. So that's the background to answer your question. The century standing guard now Alessio Ficano is a professor of medicine Harvard Medical School, a professor of nutrition, Harvard School of Public Health, the chief of pediatric gas Entrology at Mass General at Harvard, the director of the Celiac Research Center at Harvard, and the Director of mucosal Immunology at Harvard. This guy's got five titles that any one title is a lifelong dream for someone at the top of their game. In other words, he's very credible, top of the field, top of the field. He wrote a paper where there's over three hundred papers with his name on them. But there's a team of people that work underneath him doing most of that lab work. But the last one is always Alessio Ficano. That's the stamp of approval. He's always careful about what he says so that he's not misquoted. We think he's going to win the Nobel Prize because He and his team identified the mechanism behind leaky gut twenty five years ago and they've been writing about it ever since. This paper he wrote himself, So I wanted to give you the background as to how credible this guy is. And there are not many people like him in the world. This paper he wrote himself because it's so important his messaging. All disease begins in the leaky gut. The role of znuline, that's the protein that opens up the leaky gut, The role of zoguline in the development of chronic inflammatory diseases. All disease begins in the leaky god. And he explains that the two most powerful triggers to activate leaky god are bad bacteria called LPs. It's the armor of bad bacteria, gram negative bacteria and gluta. Those are the two most powerful triggers. Now why does he say that, Because the way toll like receptors the century standing guard, the way that they work. They're watching all the food coming down. What are they looking at. They're looking at the protein structure of the food. If they see something that looks like a bug, they get at it within five minutes kill the bug. The problem is gluten is misinterpreted as a harmful component of a bug. The amino acid structure of these poorly digested peptides of wheat look like the outer shell of a bug, very very similar. And so your toll like receptors are never going to lax off. They're there to protect you and save your life. When they see a bug, they get activated. So every human has this reaction in their gut when they eat wheat, whether they feel sick or not. All disease begins in the leaky gut. And you read Pisano's paper and you go, my god, this just makes sense. This really makes sense. But that's why wheat and gluten is such a problem is because the amino acid structure looks just like the protective armor on a bug.
Speaker 3: Wow. You know, if we know this, why isn't this being handed down to our physicians and healthcare providers to have people maybe pull back and reduce their intake of gluten products in gluten.
Speaker 6: It's really good question. You know. I spent twenty five years in Chicago. My practice was in Chicago, and so when Second City began there, so in the immortal words of Roseanne Rosanna Dana, you think.
Speaker 3: Yeah, exactly.
Speaker 6: I mean, really, can I just read the science. I mean, it's so clear. And I've often been referred to by those that don't like to listen to this that I'm a fanatic and I think everyone should give up wheat. No, everyone should check and see if their immune system is fighting wheat if you've crossed the line of tolerance. We all get a little bit of annoying stuff in our diet every day, and there's some tolerance to that. But when you cross the line of tolerance and your immune system starts making antibodies to wheat. And this is why there are so many different conditions that people get well from when they go gluten free, is because the antibodies to wheat well what's called molecular mimicry. The antibodies are in the bloodstream looking for wheat to kill it wherever they see it. And some of our tissue looks like the amino acid structure of gluten.
Speaker 3: Wow.
Speaker 6: So your immune system in a genetically sensitive person will attack your thyroid. In somebody else, it'll attack your brain. In somebody else, it attacks her joints. That's why you've got friends when they went gluten free, they lost weight, they were warmer all the time, they're thyroids working better. When the hashimotives goes away, the antibodies go down to hashimotives. Or someone else with rheumatoid their pain's gone or greatly reduced. Or someone's had two miscarriages, now they have a healthy pregnancy and delivery. I mean, the list goes on and on and on.
Speaker 3: Let me just ask you real quick, Tom, are you suggesting that as a primary detecting scenario, somebody should have a test, a blood test to determine if they're sensitive to gluten?
Speaker 6: Absolutely? Absolutely. If you have a health concern, you've tried to be healthier and you come up against a roadblock, you know, I call it the emergency breakes. You back out of a driveway.
Speaker 3: And you say, what's wrong with this car?
Speaker 6: It's moving but not very well. The emergency break, and let go the emergency break and you back up just fine. When you're trying to be healthier and there's some emergency breaks going on and you don't know what they are, the first thing you should do is do the right test. It has to be the right test to look and see is my immune system fighting wheat? I have elevated antibodies to wheat. And the test is called the wheat zoomer because you zoom in on the problem. It's the most Now I've not been lecturing in the Far East, but South America, Central America, North America, Europe, India. I lecture all over the world, and I look at the laboratories that have their booths set up for the doctors to stop by. No one has as comprehensive or as accurate as test as the wheat zoomer. And I tell patients all the time, just go on my website, the dr dot com, thedoctor dot com. Just go on my website, download the information on the wheat zoomer, take it to your doctor and ask him to order the test. He probably will say no because he has no idea what it is, because he's never heard of this before. But more open doctors will And if he won't order, you can order it on my site.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 6: But when you do the and it's a fingerprick, oh it's not.
Speaker 3: Oh you don't need a lot of blood. You don't.
Speaker 6: Now, let me give you this one. In the journal gas re Entrology, very reputable journal, they published a paper that fifty percent of children with drug resistant epilepsy, which means they've tried at least three drugs and they're not working. Your child still having seizures. Fifty percent of these children going to complete remission on a gluten free dye. Wow, this is like, what what? How come my neurologists didn't tell me this? Yeah, because neurologists do not read gastor enturology journals. They read neurology journals. They don't know. They just don't know.
Speaker 3: So you have to be an aware parent when you're dealing with your doctor or whatever HMO program you're dealing with.
Speaker 6: That's right, that's right. Yeah.
Speaker 3: We're going to take a short commercial break to allow our sponsors to identify themselves, and we will return shortly with my guest today, doctor Tom O'Brien discussing his latest documentary, The Inflammation Equation. Will be right back. My guest today is doctor Tom O'Brien, who believes the American healthcare system is broken, and he has come up with a new documentary called The Inflammation Equation. How inflammation is ricking havoc with our health? Tom, give us an example or some examples of chronic illnesses that are inflammation based and are perhaps triggered from this gluten situation.
Speaker 6: Really great question, really great question. So the Center for Disease Control the CDC tells us that fourteen of the fifteen top causes of death are chronic inflammatory disease. It's always inflammation, always, without exception, unless unintentional injuries an accident. That's the only one of the top fifteen. It doesn't matter if it's Alzheimer's or diabetes, or cardiovascular disease, or major depressive disorder or schizophrenia, it doesn't matter what it is. They're all chronic inflammatory diseases, which by definition means while you feel fine, there's this inflammation under the surface in your bloodstream, circulating through your bloodstream everywhere you feel okay. You know, you can't tell that there's nothing going on. But if you pull it a chain, it always breaks it. The weakest link, always one end, the middle, the other end. It's your heart, your brain, your liver, your kidneys, wherever your weak link is. If you pull the chain too hard, that's where the symptoms are going to come. Well, what's the pull on the chain. The pull on the chain is inflammation always, so it doesn't matter what the disease is. When you understand that concept, it becomes a priority in your efforts to be healthier. To ask the question, am I fueling inflammation in my body right now? And if so, how am I doing it? Is it mold that I'm breathing twenty four to seven in the house? Missus patient? If you go on holiday for a week or two and you come home, doyell, do you have to open the windows to air the house out?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 6: Yeah, that's mold. That's mold. So is it mold? Is it accumulated toxic chemicals in your body? As I gave the example earlier about plastic containers, is it heavy metals? Is it too much arsenic? The number one toxinic coin to the CDC is arsenic heavily in rice. When you eat rice, Very likely now you're getting arsenic, even organic rice, because organic rice still grows in the water in the fields, and water in the fields because rice grows in rice paddies a little bit of water, and rice sucks up the arsenic. But the water comes from the rivers, and the rivers just downstream. Farmers have been spraying their fields for years and the rain comes and some of the chemicals wash into the aquifer and they go down into the river, and then you take the water from the river to get the water for the rice fields. So that water is high in arsenic, and even organic rice, it sucks up the arsenic more than most other plants. And so if you're eating rice regularly, you probably have accumulated arsenic. You just have to test to see. But whatever the trigger is, is it foods, is it mold? Is it accumulated toxic metals, organophosphates, toxic emotional relationships, way too much stress, hormones. You have to identify the triggers of inflammation to begin addressing whatever disease you've got. Let me give you one more analogy on this. We've all seen the cartoons of a snowball rolling down the mountain and as it's going down the mountain, usually changing chasing a character like bugs, bunny or somebody. But it's going down the mountain, it's getting bigger and bigger, going faster and faster. That's low grade inflammation in your body, pulling on the chain. And there's no way that you're going to get any medication that does this. It's not possible it's just not possible. What you have to do is taper the momentum of that downward trend and then start rolling uphill getting healthier. And the way you do this taper the momentum. I don't care what disease you've got. The way you taper the momentum is by identifying the environmental triggers that are giving you that low grade chronic inflammation and reducing those triggers. It's critically critically important. It's one oh one that our doctors were never taught. But when you look, when you look at the science, it's crystal clear, and no one can argue with this, absolutely no one, because it's just basic science. And now we have leading scientists all over the world talking about this. You're hearing more and more about inflammation and inflammation and inflammation. Yes, it's critically important, but my goal is to give people the big picture of how to hold this and then how do you begin addressing it because it's overwhelming when you look at all of the environmental triggers that may be involved. The rule is in God, we trust all others require data, meaning tests don't guess, and you have to do the right tests. You have to know what kind of tests to do, right. But when you do that, Wow, I didn't know that. I've got lead toxicity. Wow. Look at all the glyphis eight. You know, Glyphis eight is four times higher in concentration in the semen of men than in their blood. It accumulates in the test that goes, and it accumulates in the ovaries. It's a toxic and your immune system says, what's that that's not supposed to be there. I better fight that. Now you make antibodies to glyphis eight, creating a whole lot of inflammation. Now you've got a low sperm count.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Tom, let's talk real quickly about I bought some of the inflammation related disease processes that we can address through identifying the problem. So we know about rheumatoid arthritis. We know about obviously.
Speaker 6: May I give you the example of Alzheimer's.
Speaker 3: Please, no, he did.
Speaker 6: This is really good because everybody's terrified of Alzheimer's, and you should be. In twenty eighteen, most newspapers in the country, they front page. Medicare to go bankrupt within twenty five years because of Alzheimer's. I don't know if you remember that, but it was a big deal for a few days and then there's some news story. But as a result of that, the government brought in world class scientists, everyone that they could get in there to figure out what are we going to do because Medicare is going to go bankrupt? What are we going to do here? And they took two years to put together their report, and the report had a graph in it, and the graph was it's just gold once you understand the graph, because if you understand the graph, you now understand the mechanism of Alzheimer's. So they what they identified is that there is what's called a prodromal period. That means before symptoms, there is a prodromal period of brain inflammation, killing off brain cells, killing off brain cells, killing off brain cells for twenty to twenty five years, and you have no symptoms whatsoever, but you're killing off brain cells, killing off brain cells, killing off braink twenty four to seven because of this low grade inflammation. And the weak link in your chain is your brain. For those people, Yeah, so you've got twenty to twenty five years. Then you have they say about seven years of mild cognitive dysfunction. That means you walk into the parking lot, where did I park my car? Or where are my keys? That's not stress, that's loss of memory, mild cognitive dysfunction. But we write it off. I'm just too stressed today, I'm getting older. I'm just too stressed. I don't remember the way I used to holler. Are I'm thirty six? No, No, that's not supposed to happen. That's not supposed to happen. So you've got twenty to twenty five years of the prodromal period, seven years of mild cognitive impairment before a diagnosis of Alzheimer's. Those too late, you're saying, No, no, it's not too late. But it's so much easier to address if you identified the inflammation killing off brain cells earlier. That's why every new patient I see, and I see one patient a week online, you know, because I don't have time because I'm teaching all the time. But I like to take one patient once in a while, only really difficult ones. But every patient that I'm going to see or talk to, they do the neural Zoomer plus and once again finger prick tests, very accurate, very sensitive. It looks at fifty three markers of inflammation in the brain fifty three and we have never had a normal comeback on a first visit, no one, because of the air we're breathing, the food we're eating. And it better come back normal or close to normal six months or a year later. If you've been doing our programs, you know whatever you need and what's the program. You have to identify how you're pulling on the chain where the environmental triggers causing the inflammation that's pulling on the chain of your weak link, which is your brain. So that mechanism of inflammation is what takes everyone down. Every chronic disease is a disease of low grade chronic inflammation for many, many years while you feel fine, and then eventually some symptoms come. So what I teach doctors is, of course you have to address the symptoms. Of course you have to help them feel better or they're not coming back right. But you've got to educate them at the same time to identify the triggers of inflammation. If you want to stop this snowball and move up towards higher levels of health. I propose that the goal for every person that comes to see me, and I suggest this and then everyone embraces it is that there is about For men, it's twenty percent, for women it's twenty one point four percent of their lives are with disability. There is a difference between total lifespan and healthy lifespan, and the difference for men is twenty point one percent and for women it's almost twenty four percent of their lives are with disability.
Speaker 3: Wow.
Speaker 6: A man's healthy lifespan ends at about sixty two, his total lifespan is about seventy eight. A women's healthy lifespan ends at about sixty two, sixty one to sixty two on average, her total lifespan is eighty three. So eighty three point five women live longer than men. Well, so about what means the last twenty one twenty two percent of their lives are with disabilities. They're on medications, they're in a wheelchair, they can't walk upstairs, they've got diabetes. You know, whatever it is, it's all the same. It's this life, low grade chronic inflammation for many, many, many years, killing off tissue, killing off tissue, killing off tissue. When you begin focusing one hour a week, because it's so overwhelming, when you get the test done, it's overwhelming to see how bad you are right now. But you allocate one hour a week and I can guarantee you in six months. You see someone at church or something you haven't seen in a while.
Speaker 3: My god, what happened to you?
Speaker 6: You look great?
Speaker 3: You look so young. What happened?
Speaker 6: Oh, I'll tell you. I got rid of the plastic, I got rid of the tupperware, you know, I got glass containers. I got rid of my nail polish. I have pallate free organic nail polish now. I changed my matenups, I changed my shampoo. We don't use that dishwashing detergent anymore, and we only run our dishwasher at night when people are sleeping. I've learned all of these things that I didn't know were giving me, these little bits of accumulated toxins in my bow that have been accumulating for so many years. So my snowball was going downhill so fast it was manifesting in my joints. But within six months, I'm feeling much much better now, and I'm walking three miles a day. That's a very common scenario when you get educated enough and stop looking for the quick fix, stop biohacking, stop it. Excuse me, but stop biohacking until you identify your environmental triggers us get both out of your diet.
Speaker 3: A good suggestion. You created the Inflammation Equation. It's a nine part series that we'll give our listeners the link to listen to sign up for. But are we not testing enough for inflammation when we go to our doctor?
Speaker 6: Not at all, not at all. The tests that are done rarely, but if you ask, they'll do it is called the most common test is called HS for high sensitivity. See our ce reactive protein. Okay, that's a really good test to look at large levels of inflammation in your body, but it's not looking at the low grade chronic inflammation that's there for years. CRP will be normal, but your low grade chronic inflammation markers will be sky high.
Speaker 3: So do we ask our doctors to give us this test?
Speaker 6: Or do they yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, sure you can. That's the goal. And when you go talk to them about it, if you watch the Inflammation Equation, you know what kind of questions ask And every day of the nine days of this we say, and you would have experienced this clip I say in every episode, go back to your doctor. The healthcare practitioner that recommended this to you and ask them, what are my markers of inflammation right now? For low grade chronic inflammation? How do I begin this? Doctor? What do I do? You know? So we give you the question and we have workbooks every day, you know, think about this. You know, we ask some questions that are from answered in each episode, and so you download the workbook first and then you say, oh, yeah, bullet point, that's oh yeah, that's an important one because there's so much. You're often hypnotized by the depth of knowledge that these world experts are giving you, and you know, it's hard to remember all of it. So we give you work books and all of that so that you can sound coherent when you go to your doctor and ask for these tests.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you're asking people to take their healthcare back and to do a little due diligence and to perhaps research through the coursework, develop an understanding of perhaps what is affecting them individually. Why is it that we have a medical and I'm talking about the United States right now that tends to band aid conditions with pharmaceuticals when they don't really know what the core issue might be.
Speaker 6: It's the training it's the training these doctors all. I shouldn't say all, but I would wager they all went into medicine to help people, to really help people be healthier. Some people maybe said, I want to be a cardiovascular surgeon, you know, I want to put new pipes in, you know, bypass surgeries. But most doctors have pure intent, but the system just beats them down. We've all heard the stories of these twenty four hour shifts, thirty six hour shifts. We see the TV shows where they're going into a room, turning off the lights and then the nurse comes in to wakem because they have to go do surgery, you know, but they're trying to get some sleep. That's the kind of training that all of our doctors went through that beats it into them that the goal here is to deal with the symptoms identified as quickly as you can, and deal with the symptoms. You know. A book came out just recently. I'm sorry, I'm not remembering the name of the book, and I'm not political here, and I've never watched the show before, but a friend told me that Tucker Carlson did an interview with a Brother Sister team, and so CALLI means Carrie and Kelly means. And she was in her fifth year of her surgical residency at Stanford ear Nose and Throat, and she specialized in one little canal in the ear. That's all she did all day, every day, and was very very good, developing a world reputation, number of published studies and all that. He is an MBA from Harvard that went to work for the pharmaceutical industry. She quit in her fifth year of her surgical residency. He quit from working for the pharmaceutic industry because they just couldn't stand it anymore. They knew this is not healthcare. And when you watch that interview or read their book, CALLI and carry means. I'm sorry, I'm not remembering the name of the book, but they say there are trainings on this. The most profitable patient for a pharmaceutical industry is a sick child and you keep them on meds for their life. I mean, this is horrible stuff.
Speaker 3: That's the training you're saying, that's the training that these guys get.
Speaker 6: That the pharmaceutical industry gets. Oh the pharmaceuticals Yeah yeah, yeah, And CALLI as your nose and throat surgeon. She really wanted to talk to people about how to prevent all of this from happening, because she had learned, you know, you got a dare sensitivity, you got mucus all the time, you get sinus infections, and eventually you get surgery for it. It doesn't fix anything because you're still eating the dairy, you know. So she got very frustrated. They both quit their jobs to carry a different message out to the world. They'd be great on your show, but.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'll have to look them up. We don't have the time that we need to talk about the diet. But can you just touch on the importance of watching what you eat. And because of the grains being hybrid and highbrids, they're not the original grains. These grains are mucus producing elements. And eating gluten like crackers and breads and cookies and pastries, that's a it's a real problem. Now, talk a little bit about our diet and why it's such a critical issue to keep an eye on.
Speaker 6: Yeah, and you'll hear advocates for the vegetarian diet, for the vegan diet, for the ketogenic diet, for the paleo diet. You'll hear the gluten free diet. You'll hear lots of discussions and it spins your head because they all talk about the great success of that particular approach of eating. Because you can find people that did very well on any of those diets and you use those as your case examples. So if someone has seizures, it makes sense you might want to consider a ketogenic diet. There's lots of good science as to how it helps change the chemistry and the brain. But you don't live the rest of your life there, but for a while it can be a therapeutic approach. A vegetarian diet can be a therapeutic approach, but you don't just start all right, I'm vegetarian today. Well, wait a minute, you've had thirty four years of eating meat. You're just going to stop and wan day? How about if you transition over a month or two, you know, make it a little easier on your body to get used to this. Right, So, there are many different diets that have their advocates can't say anything challenging because for some people that particular approach will work. There is one diet that the Italian's published on three years ago that works for everybody. As far as we can tell, and it's the Mediterranean glutant free diet, and that one is remarkable as a maintenance diet. So just google Mediterranean gluten free diet and the paper comes up and you can download the paper and they've got the food pyramid in there that they put together. We all know about the food pyramid, but theirs is the only one that really makes sense. Why because what's at the bottom of the pyramid. What is the most deficient compound or nutrient in the human body? Water. We're all dehydrated, almost all of us, and so at the bottom of the pyramid is water. We should be doing a third of an ounce wait to go, yeah, drink a little. You should be doing a third third of an ounce per pound body weight. And if you're sweating a lot like saunas, you're doing saunas, which are a good thing, or you're exercising with a lot of sweat, it goes up to a half ounce per pound body weight every day. And people say, well, well, but I'll be peeing all day long. Well, that's the idea is to flesh out the toxins that have accumulated in your body over a lifetime of not realizing you were accumulating toxins. You got to get them out of there. And the first and most important component of detox programs is to be hydrated well enough. When you're not hydrated, you've got a four lane highway, but the flashing lights up head. Now it is tapering down to three lanes, now two lanes. So your four lane highway where you're doing seventy miles an hour, is now two lanes, and you're doing thirty five or forty. Right, that's constipation and everything just backs up. And if you got acne, if you've got brain fog, there are so many different symptoms that might be because of the dehydration. So the bottom of the pyramid's dehydration. Well, what about all those gluten free foods. They're gluten free, they're healthy for me. No, they're not. They're just white paste. They're not healthy foods. Gluten free foods are at the very top of the pyramid. Not too much, not very often. You have gluten free bread or gluten free cookies once in a while, who cares, as long as it's gluten free. But most of us substitute our regular wheat and our regular pastries with gluten free breads and gluten free pastries keeps you sick. You can't do that. I have a whole talk on that called the Fallacy of the Gluten Free Diet.
Speaker 3: We're going to take a short commercial break to allow our sponsors to identify themselves and we will return shortly with our biohacking series, The Inflammation Equation. With our guests today, doctor Tom O'Brien, We will return shortly. My guess today is doctor Tom O'Bryant, who has developed a new documentary called The Inflammation Equation, and it basically targets how we are hurting ourselves with our diet, with our lifestyle, and how we can improve these areas for better health. Let me just stop you real quick, Tom, because the Mediterranean, I mean, I think of Italian as French bread pasta, which is wheat based, and you know, perhaps you know fresh fish, vegetables, fresh vegetables, but there's still a lot of gluten in that diet.
Speaker 6: Yeah, yeah, And you know there are a number of confounding factors that make your sensitivity worse. And unfortunately the Italians have the same degree of increase and autoimmune diseases. Every autoimmune is as we do every autoimmune disease going up four to nine percent a year every year, every one of them. And the Italians are just as vulnerable with this as everybody else.
Speaker 3: Wow.
Speaker 6: So, and every restaurant, not not every, but almost every restaurant now has gluten free pastas. If you want pasta and an Italian restaurant, you know they've got des auto They've got met a number of gluten free options. It's very easy to eat gluten free now in Italy.
Speaker 3: Wow. Hey, As we come to the conclusion of our time together, Tom, when someone's not well and they go to I'm talking about the United States right now, they go to the allopathic physician and how do how do they approach wellness? Number one and number two? We really do need to be our own best doctor in terms of finding a solution when we're not getting well.
Speaker 6: Yeah. The key is to get educated on basic principles, not what all the vitamins and minerals do, in which one's the best of all the vitamins and minerals. But the basic principles are first. That's why I spent thirteen months putting together the Inflammation Equation. So the title is the Inflammation Equation decoding the path to optimal well being. Once you understand the path to get healthier, once you understand how to taper that downward momentum, and you start applying these principles one hour a week, that's it, because it's too overwhelming to try to do it all at once. You notice in a few weeks your belts you have to pull. You build a notch tighter now because your waist is thinning down. You know your energy's up, you're sleeping better. You just start noticing things are changing. Once you've tested, you've identified where the major triggers of inflammation are. You address those majors first, then maybe some of the miners if necessary, but you would draw when you start a dressing those majors. It's the difference between most people have had this experience. You know, you light a charcoal fire and you you score some charcoal lighter flute on the coals. You light a match and throw it on there. But if the match goes out, if it doesn't catch, you light another match, you lay it on the coals. You can't squirt the charcoal lighter fluid on the flame. It'll drown the flame and it goes out. You have to squirt it on the charcoals and the spray will catch with the flame. Have you had that experience before? Yeah, yeah, common experience. What would happen if you poured gasoline on those charcoals and then threw a match on it. Wosh, that's our lifestyle right now. And when you identify what the gasolines are in your lifestyle that you didn't know or else you wouldn't do it. But you didn't know. You've got mold, high levels of mold antibodies in your bloodstream right now, so you're fighting mold, or you've got heavy metal toxicity, or you've got a food sensitivity. You didn't know. But once you know, you start applying these principles one hour a week, and in six months you've nailed Well, I want it now. I want to feel better right now. Of course you do. You're an American. You want it right now.
Speaker 3: It takes time.
Speaker 6: You're right right now.
Speaker 3: It takes time to get healed, especially if you've been polluting your system for decades.
Speaker 6: You know that's exactactly right, exactly. It takes time, patience, and the theme of the inflammation equation is progress, not perfection. And what happens six months down the road, you have a new body. If you have patience and you allocate one hour a week and you have full compliance, you don't cheat. There's no such thing as cheat days with the gluten sensitivity. That's a bunch of garbage that some doctors are saying just to be nice, and I say to doct don't be nice, be kind, And what's the difference. Nice is not wanting to offend anybody. Kind is authenticity with compassion? Well, misses, patient, If you do choose to have an exposure to weed with your immune system, you will suffer from one exposure anywhere from two to four months from one exposure. And I explained why and how it happened. They go, WHOA, So no cheat days, No cheat days.
Speaker 3: Tom, give us the details on how to find the Inflammation Equation, what people can do to register, and more about how to contact your website.
Speaker 6: Well, thank you. Well, I think you've you've got the link.
Speaker 3: I have the link that I will post, but do you have the url the web address?
Speaker 6: The URL is the Inflammation Equation dot com dot com perfect, okay, yeah, yeah, And it has an introductory.
Speaker 3: And then you can choose to get the nine part episode, nine part series.
Speaker 6: Yeah, and it's all free, It's all free. You know, the six minute introduction. It just captures you. Is you see my friend doctor Terry Walls, a neurologist who had debilitating MS. Now she rides her bicycle eighteen miles coupled three times a week. But and you see her starting to tear up as she talks about this. Yeah, and it's just remarkable to see. You see these people who were suffering so bad, this woman who had been to sixty different doctors, right and you and now she's fine, She's completely fine. She had to identify the gasolines on the fire that no one was looking for. And when she did, it didn't take but a few months, and she started to feel better and that she got her life back. So you see that day after day after day of the series with the experts explaining why this particular thing may be your environmental trigger or this one or this one, and we put it all together for you in a way so you walk away full absorbed with information, hard to remember it all, but understandable. The way I talk today, this is how I did the interviews with all of these geeks, these world famous scientists, and I said to them, say, professor, I may interrupt you in the middle of our conversation if there's something that might confuse somebody. So I'm interviewing Professor Yehuda Shanfeld in Tel Aviv, Israel, the godfather of autoimmunity, very formal man, very formal. And he speakers say excuse me, professor, professor, and he looked at me, and I said, you just said da da do? Does that mean data do? Well? Yes? Well, then wouldn't that mean for the listener, this is that well? Yes, exactly right.
Speaker 3: So you're helping clarify the material, which is fact.
Speaker 6: And I do that again and again so that everyone can understand what these scientists who've spent their lives studying this are trying to tell us.
Speaker 3: Is the docu series the next step from your book? You had a book called The Autoimmune Fix, But is this like the next level? Because you said, maybe you felt that the book wasn't getting out there enough to people, and you decided to put together this docu series. Talk about your inspiration behind it.
Speaker 6: Yeah, The Auto Mune Fix was the first book that won a National Book Award and get lots of kudos and it's in twelve languages. You can fix your brain. It was number one in seven categories on Amazon for brain function seizures and others like that, and that is now in nine languages. And what I've realized that, you know, all of the information in the world is great for people, but most of us are chasing our tail. We keep chasing how am I going to feel better? And it's the wrong question. It's it's the wrong direction, the proper direction. How am I going to extend my healthy lifespan closer to my total lifespan so I don't have all this disabilit these years of being disabled. How am I going to extend my healthy Maybe you extend your total lifespan, maybe not. I don't know. If you know you live longer, I don't know, but you certainly no question. Hundreds and hundreds of studies on extending healthy lifespan. With what I've explained here today about the snowball and tapering off the snowball by identifying the gasolines in your life that are fueling the fire of low grade chronic inflammation. That's the big kahuna. I was just speaking president of a college yesterday who has a few thousand graduates now out in medicine and they want me to come in and do this this concept, and they're asking, how would you do this? I mean, is this a course once a week, twice a week course? And you know, so we're strategizing on how to because he got it, he got it, he got the big said, oh my god, this just makes sense. This is just common sense. Why aren't we including this in our education? And at the Institute for Functional Medicine, we often have deans of medicine invited to come to our five day course and we give them scholarships to come in medicine, osteopathy, chiropractic, acupunctures, nature pass and we give them full scholarships to come for the five days. They all say the same thing, say this is incredible, this is true healthcare and it'll take us ten to twenty years to implement. We used to ask them why, but then it became really clear. The dean of medicine has to go back and tell the dean of gastorentrology at Harvard that what he's teaching is limited and he needs to expand and teach more comprehensive work. Well, the dean of gas struturology is the dean, that's his fiefdom, you know, And yeah, he's not going to do it, you know, so it takes him. And there's some papers that talk about that you don't change an educational system a medical system by trying to educate the educators. It's a generational thing as they die off and the younger generation has already absorbed this.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's a generational change. Hey, one last question. If you look at the evolution of where we're at right now in a perfect world, how long should we be living? What is what's a what's a time frame? If we can find these markers. If we're having a problem, we take care of it before it turns into cancer or m aser. If we're taking care of ourselfs tom, what should we be living too comfortably?
Speaker 6: Theoretically or realistically realistically?
Speaker 3: Because theoretical we get one or two percent that or less than one percent who can live beyond one hundred. But I'm just curious. Maybe you know, because you're not living in the United States, maybe that's a good thing, But I'm just curious.
Speaker 6: Theoretically, there's a number of studies that say somewhere around one hundred and twenty. Really yeah, But realistically, because we're all breathing chemtrails, we all have arsenic in our rice, we all have toxins in the water that you're drinking all day every day, you know all that realistically, centenarians, there's a study that I talk about. They looked at seventy six centenarians, people over one hundred that were fully functional with no diagnosis, no medications, fully functional, and they compared them to people under forty who had had a heart attack, and then other people under forty who were healthy. So seventy six centenarians, one hundred and seventy eight people under forty that had a heart attack, and one hundred and seventy eight people under forty that were healthy. The one difference that they found every single centenarian had much lower levels of leaky got Remember F. Fasano said all disease begins in the leaky gut. They had much lower levels of leaki gout, and much lower levels of the armor from bad bacteria that gets into your circulation called lpslecuopolysaccharides, much lower levels of all of that. So, because most of us are going to be low on LPs and we're going to be high unless you do the work, follow our guidelines. You know, realistically, I think we can be fully functional. Our healthy lifespan can easily go into our mid to late eighties, maybe into our low nineties. I'm seventy two.
Speaker 3: Wow, you look great.
Speaker 6: My son, thank you. My son is four almost four. My goal is to shake it up on the dance floor at his wedding. So if he gets married around twenty eight, thirty years old, I'm going to be ninety seven. All right, that's my goal. Who knows, you know, who knows, But that's the goal.
Speaker 3: Doctor Tom O'Brien and the Inflammation Equation, it's been a pleasure speaking with you, and I really appreciate your time. Thank you for joining us here on Destiny.
Speaker 6: Thank you for the opportunity.
Speaker 3: You know, again I mentioned this, it's very unfortunate that we can't go to our regular doctor or practitioner that we seek wellness advice from and get these kinds of tips on how to live more healthily and avoid over medication or pharmaceutical drugs all the time. It's really the challenge that we have, and so we need to take our best wellness into our own hands. And take the advice of our physicians, but think about other alternatives. Of course, as safe as possible. We don't want to get off of drugs that are maintaining our wellness, but drugs are a crutch and where we can, we need to eliminate them through better diet, exercise and biohacking with these new wonder drugs. So good to have doctor Tom O'Brien on the program and check out that documentary. You can see it the Information Equation. Just punch in the Information Equation. It's free and it is nine part series. Actually it's more. I think it's nine part and then there's extended additional categories that you can check out. So hey, if you're enjoying Earth Ancient's Destiny and the special editions that we put out every few months, please consider becoming a subscriber for as little as five dollars a month. You can support the work we do here. And let me tell you, we got overhead. We have bills to pay and it adds up. So if you're getting something out of the shows, I would appreciate your subscription. Five, ten, fifteen, even twenty dollars a month makes a huge difference to become a subscriber. Go to Patreon. That's pa t r E dot com. Forward slash Earth Ancients a subscribe. When you become a subscriber, you join hundreds of others, but you also have a a whole series of free thank you gifts in the form of ebooks by many of the top authors that we feature here on Destiny and Earth Ancients. So again, join us five dollars a month whatever you can afford at patreon dot com, Forward slash Earth Ancients. All right, that's it for this program. I want to thank my guest today, doctor Tom O'Brien, coming to us from Europe. As always, the team of Gail tour, Mark Foster and everyone who makes this thing happen. You guys rock all right, take care of you will and we will talk to you next time.
Speaker 6: I did a lot of.
Speaker 4: Never did okay, just because the thought of being vulnerable made me feel less than I am.
Speaker 1: I have never felt home until you entered, And.
Speaker 5: From that moment I knew that all homeis whatever.
Speaker 2: You choose, that the thing about you, the best thing I did and I wanted you to know, was that you it.
Speaker 1: From that moment I knew that you were All Baby in Teachers
Speaker 4: M