Speaker 1: Welcome to Dorky Out. My name is Sonya Mansfield, and I didn't know this was your truck. Smoke Joining me is my podcasting sister from Another mister and the co host of Dorky Out, Margo d Hello, my friend.
Speaker 2: Hello, my friend. Is it weird that I completely relate to one of the vampires.
Speaker 1: No, No, it is not weird. We are dorky Out about twenty twenty fives. That's right, a new movie we are talking about, Sinners, which is written and directed by Ryan Kogler. Yeah, just a little movie called Sinners that y'all have probably heard of. It stars Michael B. Jordan as Smoke and Stack, Haley Stanfield, Miles Canton, Jack O'Connell, Woomi Musaku, I look this up, Jamie Lawson, Omar Miller, y'ao Lee Young Lee, and Delroy Lindo. So good, he's always so good. I know you didn't see this in the theater. So we're gonna just when we're gonna talk spoilers. But I thought maybe before we go into spoilers and stuff, we could just say, like, so, what'd you think, Margo?
Speaker 2: I watched it three times in the last twenty four hours. Amazing, I know. And then I'm trying to nag a friend of mine into seeing it. She's like, I don't want to pay twenty dollars because I already it's I'm gonna wait till it's free. I'm like, no, you need to watch it now. I could talk about it with you. It's this movie's excellent and it's I'm so excited for Ryan Coogler. I'm so I'm so into it. I'm so happy for everybody that's in the movie. I think it's it's smart and it's interesting, and it's sexy and it's scary and it's just it's just an A plus.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, this makes me so happy that you have watched it three times in the thirty more hours.
Speaker 2: Like I watched it and then I immediately and you were like, you have to stay to the end of the credits because I hadn't. I was going to go. I was going back to the beginning. So then I went back, and then I went back.
Speaker 1: But yeah, so I also I think I might have talked about it in one of the like what else you're doorking out about? But when I went to see it in the theater in Imax, and I was blown away, like just it looks awesome. Everyone is so good in it, like just everybody, and it's it's like, yes, there. It does remind me a little of like say, like from Dust Till Dawn or something like that, but it's telling a very different story.
Speaker 2: Using it's smarter than Dust and I like Dust Till don fine. It's a completely fine mid nineties independent Robert Rodriquez movie. It's great, Yeah, but this is a thousand times smarter. I mean what he's doing. And he's also Salem's Lot. There's a lot of different things that he's putting in here. But it's so smart and it's so interesting in the Americana of it. Yes, and I've been learning I'm going on TikTok and all these places and learning about all the Easter eggs and it's just.
Speaker 1: Oh, I need to do that now.
Speaker 2: Oh it's incredible. It's incredible. Yeah.
Speaker 1: And it's one of those movies that you can enjoy it on whatever level you want to enjoy it on. If you want to watch this and you're like, I like it because it's got monsters, then yeah, enjoy if you want to enjoy it. It is talking a lot about like racism, immigration, there's feminist things like all these things that you could get as deep as you want or not. It's up to you. And I think you will like it no matter what level you want to enjoy it. So that's our spoiler free so don't want to know spoilers. Come back later.
Speaker 2: Yeah, go see the movie a few times and then come.
Speaker 1: Back, yes, exactly a few times. You you'll thank us later and now we can just.
Speaker 2: Did you watch it again? I did.
Speaker 1: I watched it again last night, and I was just I went ahead and bought it, Like I was like, I'm gonna watch this over and over and over. So I went ahead and paid the extra five bucks to have it, although I imagine I'll probably want to own it like a physical copy, but yeah, ahead, and yeah, I went and did this anyway. But it's been a huge hit. It boggles my mind that the budget is only ninety million dollars, Like, I mean, that's a lot of money, but like we're used to movies that have like three hundred million dollars or something, Right, it's already made a shit ton of money. Also, it's just one of those rare movies that's original it's not based on any ip. Yes, it's not a Marvel movie. It does. It's not based on a book. It's just totally original and it's so fucking good. So shall we let's go through it.
Speaker 2: Let's do it.
Speaker 1: Okay. So it's nineteen thirty two. We're in the Mississippi Delta. And first it opens with like a young black man and that's Sammy, also known as Preacher Boy, and he's like walking into a church and he's got like a broken guitar neck and you know, everyone's in their little church and they're singing their songs and he comes in and he looks fucked up, like the broken guitar. He's got scratches all over, blood all over him. He's a mess. And his father is the preacher, and he begs him like drop the guitar, please leave behind your sinful ways, like come back to the church. And then we get a one day earlier, and that's when we meet Smoke and Stack. Michael B.
Speaker 2: Jordan, Nobody told me to be playing twins. It's suber pleasure, double the fun.
Speaker 1: Margo played this right, and that she went in trying not to know anything about the movie.
Speaker 2: I know it was him. I knew it was like one hundred years ago, and I heard the word vampire a couple of times. That's all I knew.
Speaker 1: Okay, And I think it's.
Speaker 2: A great way to do it because then it could just take it all in.
Speaker 1: Yeah, exactly. And what do we think about Michael B.
Speaker 2: Jordan in this Oh Jesus, if he doesn't get nominated for an Oscar, it's gonna be it's a He's fantastic.
Speaker 1: He's fantastic. There are there are scenes where I forget that he's not two people.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Like especially.
Speaker 1: Things later in the movie where I was like, I can't believe this is the same person playing both these people, and they are. They are identical, but like they're and their personalities are similar but just different enough that you can tell them apart. And also he's just so handsome. He's so handsome, Like I think we talked about this when we did the movie Creed, Like he's just he's very charismatic. I think, yeah, so they are identical twins. They smoke and stack, they served, they went to war, they were in World War One, and then they went to Chicago, and the people keep saying that like they worked with al Capone and things like that, and they were working for the mob and they've got all this money now and they've come back to town and they're going to buy like an old mill or something and turn it into a juke joint, which if you don't know what that is, it's just a place where they play live music and there's food and drinks and.
Speaker 2: It's a club. It's a club and it's for dancing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they're gonna open up their club and they buy it from this like racist piece of shit who is like the Klan don't exist no more. It's like sure jan, like yeah, you know, and they they know, they're really smart, they know that he's aligning piece of shit, and they tell him like we're buying this and if you come back, we're gonna fuck you up, and you know, he splits. Then they go pick up Sammy and he's got his guitar and his father's begging him like, don't do this, don't go play blues music is super devil's music. Yeah, it's the devil's music. Like you keep dancing for the devil. One day he's gonna follow you home.
Speaker 2: Do you know the story about Robert Johnson? No tell me, okay. So Robert Johnson was one of the first blues artists that recorded music. He was like one of the early early guitar heroes. And there's literally I think one, maybe two pictures of him that exist. He died when he was twenty seven, I believe, and he supposedly played the guitar but only played it okay, and he was very frustrated with his progress. And the rumor was he was from the Delta's from the South that he basically went into the woods or you know, went for a walk and then came back and then he could play better than anybody, and he had like a supernatural talent, like it was just better than anybody by farm. So the rumor was that he sold his soul to the devil, okay, and that's why he could play so well. So that's always kind of like the mythology around Robert Johnson. So they're completely doing that thing, okay. So there.
Speaker 1: I always just took it as he's naturally good at this.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, Robert Johnson probably just learned a few things, like just probably you know what I mean. But it was just it's it's just like what happens with history. You know, people get they passed down stories, they get more and more crazy. But the one about him was specifically what he wasn't very good and then all of a sudden he was right better than everybody. So it must have been the devil.
Speaker 1: Do you think in this movie they're suggesting that Sammy made a deal with the devil?
Speaker 2: No, I don't think Sammy made a deal with the devil.
Speaker 1: No, because he is he's such a preacher boy.
Speaker 2: He is, he's a good kid. He's not going to do that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So they pick up Sammy and they're all riding together and they they have to you know, split up to get everything ready for their duke joint. So Smoke goes into town where he and he's got like a truck filled with all their stuff for their juke joint. And I actually really think this scene is very it's very telling about them as who they. So Smoke goes to town, he's got the truck, and he calls this young girl over and asks her to like watch his truck while he he's going to go make some deals with some other people, and he teaches her how to negotiate. And I just thought it's like this nice touch like he doesn't just take from people, Like he could have just paid her a dime and said, like here, watched the truck or whatever, and instead he teaches her how to negotiate and I don't know, and the whole thing, like he goes in and he talks to the shop, the shopkeepers, these Chinese, this Chinese couple, Grace and Bow, who he uses as suppliers for his party. And again Grace like negotiates with him, and he comes out and he shoots the two guys are like trying to break into his truck and he shoots them like in the one in the ass and one in the leg, and they're like, oh, it's your truck. Smoke God had no idea. Blah blah blah. And the girls like I told them. But even after he shoots them, he then goes back in and pays the Chinese couple like they're gonna need medical attention, right, he doesn't. He doesn't want to fuck up like other black people. Basically, he's not looking. He probably fuck over a white man as he should, but he wouldn't do it to these guys. He's like, I taught you a lesson. Now I'm going to pray for you to get healthcare basically, Like, I think it's very telling. Also, I really like the the Chinese Shop cupp Shop Keybird couple.
Speaker 2: That's so that's also based on It was a documentary that came out like a couple of years ago. I don't know if you heard about this. No. It was a woman that's from the Delta, Mississippi Delta, and she's Chinese American and she was looking into like how the hell did we wind up here basically, And it was Chinese Americans that came to the States and they started working on the railroads, treated like crap and they you know, so they went to different cities and in the South because it was so bifurcated and so and the segregation was so intense that they could open a shop and they could have one for across the street for the black people and one for the white people, and nobody would give you would give them a hard time. They could just almost be invisible and just be able to go in these two different worlds. And it's fascinating to watch because she interviews her family and other people there, and it's it's wild to see for me seeing Asian faces with deep Southern accents. I mean it's it's I'm from New York. I'm just used to, you know, something different. But it makes total sense when you think about it, like, oh, yeah, you know, like you don't have a bad reputation or I don't know anyway. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Also, I didn't pick up on they do have two stores like right.
Speaker 2: There, across the street from each other.
Speaker 1: I honestly I didn't even put it together that one was, yeah, white people, and one was for black people.
Speaker 2: Right, and the one for black people is more like the you know, here are you know, the fruits and the vegetables and all the shit you need right now, and the one across the street for the white people, it's like, here are Linen's, here are flowers, Here are baked goods if you need something. So it's just different. So they're they're they're appealing to their customer base.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm already like I need to watch it again.
Speaker 2: I need to watch Yeah, there's there's so much. I know there's And this is Ryan Coogler. He uh, he had a family member that was from the region, and he did a twenty three and me or did a DNA thing and found out he had a lot of Chinese in him and had was like, where the hell did this custo from? So interest that's when they started looking into it, and then they also found that documentary and they're all realized like, oh, there's like this whole history of Asian people, specifically Chinese Americans that found their way and it was usually retail.
Speaker 1: Huh right, yeah, oh my god, I didn't know any of this. Marco, You're teaching me things.
Speaker 2: This is what I love about movies, This is what I love about pop cultures. Yes, you know, you can use facts to tell your story and it all you know, history is always teaching us.
Speaker 1: It is always teaching us. Pay attention, everybody. Uh So then we cut back to Stack and he's with Sammy and they're they're going to the train station and they're going to recruit Delta Slim, which is Delroy Lindo. But on the way there, like Stack is teaching telling Sammy how to go down on a woman basically, like not basically he is, he is, He's telling him how to do it, and like Sammy takes out the guitar or any plays for him. So this is like our first chance to hear him sing and he's got an amazing voice, Like he's it's his first the actor, it's his first role in a movie.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was a singer before this.
Speaker 1: Like I had no idea. His name is Miles Canton and his voice is really cool and different and I'm into it. I need to buy the sound I need to listen to the soundtrack. I think he's so he's so great and I love hearing him sing. So they go to the train station and they get do Roy Lindo and they again there's like negotiating, like I'll give you twenty dollars to play it or joint and he's like, no, I'll just stay where I am. But then they offer him a cold Irish beer, which I'm assuming he's never had before, so he tries it and his whole face just changes, like what's this?
Speaker 2: Like?
Speaker 1: So good? And we at the train station we also meet Mary and that's Haley Steinfeld. Is that how you pronounce her name? And she's the little girl from True Grit who I know she's done other things since then, but to me, she's always.
Speaker 2: She's always going to be that kid from True Grit and she's all grown up in marriage. Marie A football player.
Speaker 1: Yeah, she's yeah, she is all g She was also in Pitch Perfect and you know, made a Transformer movie or whatever. But she is white passing she's black, but she passes for white. And her and Stack used to be lovers and they put it much more crudely in the movie. But yeah, and they like have their argument where I guess her mother like practically raised them and they grew up together, and her and Stack they're in love, but he doesn't. He wants to protect her and he thinks she'll have a better life passing for white than living a black woman, and so his his intentions are good, I guess, but he's hurting her by doing that. We also meet Perlean and she's hot to trot. She's a singer who's also married, and her and Sammy like kind of have a moment and she's gonna come to the juke joint and what else we oh, Then they go out and they meet corn Bread, who is I Correa's field worker. And there's this thing where uh, Stack is like, like, come and work for us as a bouncer for this bar, and you'll make a shit, you know, a lot of money, and your wife will probably even let you, like, give you a blowjob if you do it. And he's like, I'm gonna kick your ass for talking about my wife like that. And she's like, how much money you're talking about? Stags All that's a good woman, good woman. Corn Bread is fun. He's a fun character.
Speaker 2: He's awesome.
Speaker 1: He is awesome. And Smoke meanwhile, then go this stuff is so sad. This stuff is so sad. So Smoke goes to visit his wife and that's Annie, and that's I'm gonna go back to her name, ah Wani, I'm sorry, Wami Musaku. She's British. Actually, he goes back to see her, but first he visits a grave and it's like it's a little grave, it's for baby, and he wants he wants to get his wife to cook at the jute joint. But that's not really what it's about. It's trying to reconnect with his estranged wife. And that's when we learn that she is into like who do practices, and that's she believes that that's what's kept smoking Stacks safe all this time, is her, for lack of a better word, witchcraft. And you know, he's like, well, then how come you couldn't save our daughter, which is a fucked up thing to sid Or. And there's a lot of pain there and it's sad. And they hook up and but he gives her the speech about because she she does believe in her who do practices and she you know, sells like special herbs and tonics to people, and she's you know, got the little dice and bones that she rolls out to tell people's futures and stuff like that. And he tells her like, you know, there are no demons, there's just money and power and ultimately, like that's it's the stuff that's gonna result in a lot of death. This part is sad.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Then we meet our are one of our bad guys, and he's like an Irish immigrant vampire named remmic Remick. I think, is how you're pick Randick Remick Remick.
Speaker 2: Yes. Yeah.
Speaker 1: So he's like running through a field. I guess, like, well, the sun is still out a little bit, so he's still like kind of burning. He's running away from these like Native American vampire hunters and he but he pretends that he's you know, just some foolish nice man who needs help. And this married couple who they're KKK, so whatever. He tricks them into letting inviting him in the house because you, as a vampire, you have to be invited, that's the old lore. And he turns them into vampires and it's pretty horrifying.
Speaker 2: I think.
Speaker 1: Then the jute joint opens. Would you would you go to the jute Joint?
Speaker 2: I would so fucking be there. Me. I don't know how I get in, but.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's a good point. We would have to be someone's plus one.
Speaker 2: I would have to be someone's plus one. That's the only way I could do it, But I would, But I would love to be there.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it And it looks fucking dope, and everyone there is like having an amazing time, like they're singing and dancing. There's food they've got like Italian wine and they've got their Irish beer and del Roy Lindo is playing his piano and everyone's just singing and having a great time. Mary shows up because and everyone knows now there's gonna be some trouble because she's going to go after Stack and that's when so then Preacher Boy sings. He plays his song and I think it's called I Lied to You And this is my favorite. It's probably like a lot of people's favorite scene in the movie. But he performs and he is so powerful his song that it like invites all these like like it.
Speaker 2: Summons the ancestors for all these people, for so all these celebratory ideals of like like there's a Chinese dancer, like in full makeup, like they're from the opera from Taiwan or something. Or and then there's someone I'm sorry if I screwed up my geography, but there's like an Irish dancing in the corn Irish person dancing in the corner. There's like a hip hop person. You can see there's dancing. There's a DJ. So there's like this idea of like all these different cultures melding together enjoying music.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and it's like there's like a funk guitarist and the camera it's all like one shot and it's just like moving through through the crowd, and the music is changing a little bit with each reveal of this different spirit from the past or the or the future. There's like a funk guitarist.
Speaker 2: Right right, it's not just ancestor, it's also descendants. I don't even how to say it, Like it's.
Speaker 1: Just yeah, there's like a woman like twerking, you know, like you know, it's it's so fucking cool and I've just never seen anything like it. And how often do do you watch a movie and you're like, I've never seen that before.
Speaker 2: It's incredible, and they're all into it. And then the Irish people show up and the remic shows up with Lola is that her name? Yeah, and her husband, the racist husband, and they're like singing Irish songs. And I grew up I'm Irish and my grandfather's from Ireland, and I grew up listening to Irish music all the time, so I like, I recognize some of the crazy songs. She'd be like, da, do you know those words? Because my grandpa, my grandpa Py played them, played all these songs. So they're playing these songs, and some of these songs they're very similar to African America.
Speaker 1: Yes, they're like the blues, but right.
Speaker 2: Right and so and it's yeah, and it's like songs. It's it's a storytelling and they're morals and they're like and it's so anyway, So they're doing a thing and they're trying to attract people. They're trying to you know, get in to join the party. And they're like, yeah, nah, no, sorry, we y'all look weird. We're not going to do that. And so they they're like, all right, well, we'll just be out here watching you. And then Mary goes out yes, and she's attracted to their music. And then uh, it's incredible this shot because she then she takes her gun out, you know, she realizes they're weird and it's gonna go back to the juke joint and she takes her gun out because all right, I'm walking back there. And then right and as soon as she walked, Remick all of a sudden kind of leaps into the air and then boom, you're back into the juke joint and what's her face? Is singing or screeching or you know, singing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and is singing.
Speaker 2: Karlene is singing, and so you're like, oh shit, what happened with Mary? And then Mary comes back and Mary's like what are the freaks? And what are the vampires now?
Speaker 1: But now they don't reveal it at first, but.
Speaker 2: No, no, but then they get together, like so then there's like there becomes like this thing where there's like this juke joint, there's a thing happening, and now outside there's a thing happening. And so the juke joint is about the blues and the outside is more about Irish music, and they're both in like incantations and like bringing up celebratory things, and it's kind of spooky and sexy and weird, and there's more people from the juke joint stort of winding up outside and the people outside are trying to get into the juke joint, and so it becomes it's I've never seen this before in my life. And to watch them like all like really get into you know, these Irish tunes that are very I mean, I just it's so much fun to watch it. But it's also like, oh shit, what's going to happen because it's still dark out, Like they still have hours to like yeah, to hang out at this place and like guard it.
Speaker 1: And you really like these people, like you don't want anything bad to happen to them, and they they just want to have a fucking juice. They just want to be in their club having a good time. And outside of their club are these people that want to be invited, but they are not invited, and they're just waiting outside for them to turn them. Basically, like so the minute they leave their safety of their club, their community, you know, they're in danger. It's it's really really scary. And the whole idea that Mary went out there is because everyone in the jute joint they are not paying with like American money quote unquote, they're pain with like plantation. I think they called them scripts or something like. They're they're using like wooden nickels and things like that. And so she's like, let me go out there because I pass for white and talk to these people and see if they have money and maybe we can invite them in and get their money. And so it's the desire to get some money that results in everything falling apart. Basically, she goes out there. That scene where he jumps at hers really disturbing.
Speaker 2: Creepy, so creepy, but really well done.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and then she comes in and she immediately like goes to to stack right at stack. Yeah it's stack, and you know, is looking to get some and uh like she's she's turning right in front of him, but he's not. He's he's otherwise occupied. He will he's not noticing you know, and that's when the bite. The bite is revealed and she she kills him, she bites him, and that's when Smoke runs in and the scene is so fucked up and sad. He's watching his brother bleed out. They've never been apart, and his you know, his other half is is dying and he's obviously devastated. And he shot Mary like he immediately whips out his gun and shoots her, and she's just like bye, like runs off.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 1: I think she says, we're all going we're all gonna kill you, you know. And it's meanwhile, Cornbread is also like, I have to go take a leak, and he wandered off and he has also been turned they he comes back, but he needs to be invited in, right.
Speaker 2: So he's trying to smooth talk his way in.
Speaker 1: Yes, and Annie is really smart, like she's you know, into into whodoo, and she knows that she knows what vampires are, and so she's like, why why do you need us to invite you in? Like, just come in. You've been coming in and out all day if what's the thing, and he's just and then he's like, just give me my money then and he like got it, got his hand out for the money, and when Smoke goes to pay him, he tries to buy it Smoke and that's when they really everyone's like, oh shit, there really are vampires. And then I think Annie throws pickled garlic juice on him. Yes, yeah, and he like gets burned and he runs off and Stack wakes up the other room. They have locked him in there and he's a vampire and there's a fucked up scene where he's trying to plead with his brother to let him out. And again they're the same actor, right, I don't know how like it's so this is where I'd forget that there's not two Michael Bee Jordan's.
Speaker 2: I honestly was like, Wow, they found somebody looks just like him. It's kinda crazy. And it was also it's alsobody and Peggy Sue got married. I didn't realize that Barry Miller was playing like the teenage version of himself and the older version. It really yeah, I didn't know that. I thought there were two separate actors. I thought, yeah, because it was so well done, it was so good. I'm like, I'm just sometimes I'm just like, wow, they must have found me, they looked just like him. That's and it's no, it's just it's movie magic, and it's and it's him and his talent.
Speaker 1: And he's in these like the scene where where Stack is bleeding out and Smoke is trying to like cover it and they're you know, crying and saying like I love you and there is no me without you and all this stuff. Again, I was like, he's doing this with himself, like there's no other actor there to play opposite. I mean, I'm sure they had stand ins.
Speaker 2: But yeah, but still but still exactly that takes that takes skill.
Speaker 1: It's seamless. It's not like back when they had Hailey Mills and the Parent Trap. What I'm saying like, at no point can you tell that there's like split screen things going on or and you I got really wrapped up in the story, in the emotions, so I just start to forget that they're the same.
Speaker 2: I think we should also remember Big Business because that also has quins. He also covered.
Speaker 1: Tonia Please give respect to Big Business or the remake of Parent Tra up with Lindsay Lohan. Right Annie, So again Annie knows what vampires are, and she you know, she gives them the speech that we all get in we see in vampire movies Holy Water, Sunlight, Silver Wooden Steaks, right, all those things, and don't invite them in, and uh, Remnick is remic sorry, is he's turned all these all these people that left the club are now turned into vampires. And they're out there and they're doing their Irish jigs and they're singing their songs and they're getting more powerful. And meanwhile they're in the in the juke joint like preparing to like do battle. They're getting their guns and knives and all this stuff. And Annie tells Smoke like, look, if somebody bites me, you need to kill me because our baby is waiting on the other side.
Speaker 2: So flex.
Speaker 1: And also Bo the Chinese shopkeeper, he went outside.
Speaker 2: Oh god, Well when he comes back and he's talking to Grace and he just like the acting is so superb in this movie. You know, the way he behaves before he turns and then after and just like the way he looks at his wife and talks to her, and it's just like, holy shit, it's so heartbreaking.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and this whole thing about it's better this way, like yeah, we're we're and that's Remnicks thing remis thing too is We're gonna be it's all about love. We're gonna be a new clan based on it sounds very cold, ye, yes.
Speaker 2: Well there's gonna be no black or white. There's not gonna be any race or man or woman. It's just gonna be us, which can sound really amazing because you're if you're especially if you're you are black, and you're living in the South in nineteen thirty two and there's the KKK that's got to show up tomorrow and burn down your juke joint just out of fucking spite because they're losers.
Speaker 1: Yes, it's yes, yes, super losers. So yeah, So Bo comes bo Is there like trying to convince her to join, and that's when he said, like, well, we'll just go visit our daughter, you know, and she loses her shit and at that point she ruins it for everyone basically by inviting them in, and it turns into a free for all, just a brawl of vampires and people trying to fight them, and Grace like almost immediately like kills Bo but catches fire in the process and dies and uh Stack bites Annie, which is really really fucked up. And Smoke has to kill Annie and she's like, you promised me, you know, you need to do this, and at that point, like Mary's and they're running around biting. She gets so upset that Annie's been killed that she leaves Delta. The del Roy Lindo character like sacrifices himself for everyone so that they can get away. And there's a huge fight between Smoke and Stack that we don't really see the end of, but it's again same actor, but you can't tell, and they're fighting each other. It's really fucking impressive, and Pearlen gets bit that was so oh, we totally bypassed that. Pearlene and Sammy like hooked up and he found the button, let's just say.
Speaker 2: And.
Speaker 1: Uh, Smoke and Sammy now are like outside the sun is starting to write. It's like so close to sun, right, they're like so close to making it and remnant out there and he's just doing all the join us, you know, new plan based on we're going to be so in love and happy and we're all going to be together and all this stuff, and eventually Smoke stabs him through the chest and he burns up in the sunlight. Sammy's all fucked up, like his face is all scratched up, all this stuff. All the other vampires die because the sun has come up and they didn't run away for whatever reason.
Speaker 2: And well he hits him with the guitar.
Speaker 1: Oh yes, that's right.
Speaker 2: And the guitar has this silver thing on it that like I don't know what it has, but it's got like some power to it. Because when he hits Remick with it, Remick is like, holy shit, like he's almost knocked out. But everybody also is grabbing their heads so they're feeling that pain too. Oh yeah, yeah. So they're all kind of stunned, and that's why they're not leaving. And they just expect Remick to just take him. They don't think there's gonna be Remi's over like thirteen hundred years old, so yes, he's been doing this for a while. He's not new to vampire I mean he's he's got the ship down. So they're like, oh, he'll be fine, he'll figure it out. Yeah. So because they're all new to it, they're like, should we be going home now? Like now, they're just what do we do? Yeah? What do we do? Guy?
Speaker 1: Dear leader d? Yeah, so he he gets killed and they all burn up, and Smoke tells Sammy like, go home, don't ever like play the guitar again, you know, go be a preacher boy. So, uh, Sammy leaves, and this is when the movie starts to like it turns into this other thing for just like a second that kind of reminded me of Inglorious Bastards, where Smoke is just hanging out at the juke joint and he waits until the guy who he bought the mill from shows up with all his cak k assholes and he just fucking murders everybody, like just yep, it's which feels good, Like I like watching Nazis die. It's fun for me. So he fully murders all these kkk assholes, but in the process he also gets shot, and as he's kind of fading away, he is seeing Annie and their daughters, so we know that they're going to be together. And then it cuts back to the opening scene where Sammy is going into the church and his father's hugging him and begging him, like leave this all behind, but he does not because then there's a big time jump.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so there's the credits. You think you're getting credits and and it's it's He's and it's Buddy Guy and I'm like, is that Buddy Guy? It's Guy and he's playing Sammy, So he's he's he's a musician. He's a guitarist, very very famous, and so he's playing, and then he's he's backstage at this club in Chicago. I guess it's Chicago and it's ninety two, and somebody's like, hey, there's a couple of people here. They'd like to meet you. Is it cool if I send them back? And he's like, oh, yeah, but you're not supposed to let people.
Speaker 1: Play, but you invited them in.
Speaker 2: Right, But so that and as soon as he says that, he's like, holy shit, what did I just do? Yeah? And so they walk in and then it's Michael. Uh, it's it's it's Smoke and Mary, and he looks like radio raheem he do the right? Hang. Yeah.
Speaker 1: I was like, he's wearing like a Cosby sweat.
Speaker 2: He's a Cosmy sweater, but he's got the ring with the spells out and and uh and it's Mary and Smoke and they're just like, hey, buddy, how are you doing? And he's like, uh, you know, he's he's been dealing with, you know, for fifty years, like the PTSD of of all the crap that he's been through because he doesn't know what to do with himself, like it is all he knows. So and then the and he leans into smoke, leans into him, says, oh, you only got a little while left, you know, do you want to come join us? And he's like, yeah, no, thanks, yeah, I'm good. Yeah. As by the way, Mary let him go. Yeah.
Speaker 1: And Mary looks like one of the fly girls, Like.
Speaker 2: She definitely looks like a fly like Paula. Yeah, it's a it's not Paula Abdul that was in a who is it a Rosie Rosie Perez. Yes, yeah, she looks like a fly girl. I mean it's very ninety two.
Speaker 1: It's right on point, Yes, it's it is right on point.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: He's like, no, thanks, I.
Speaker 2: Don't yeah, it's like nah, And his brother had said to him, I spared your life so that you let him live. Yeah. So they they were letting him know, like they're not going to bother him, They're gonna right, but they give him the opportunity. Do you want to, you know, be eternal now? Do you want to have, you know, immortality And he's like, nah, I'm good. Yeah, And so they just leave and then you just kind of see and he's he's so he says, I wake up like once a week, completely paralyzed from everything I've been through, Like, and I bet you were, but yeah, yeah, I don't know who wouldn't. I mean, that is very stressful, is really And the only way he knows to cope is like to play guitar. That's the one thing that comes naturally to him, So I get it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And his band is named Perlean, which is yeah, lovely, but they do. And they also like talk about that night and say like basically, hey, before all the vampires showed up, it was the greatest night of my life.
Speaker 2: Yes, thank you. That was the most important part of it. Like, yeah, except for that part, it was the best day of my life. Yeah. I think probably something he relives all the time.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think one of them. I don't remember if it's if it's Stack or if it's Stammy. That says, just for a few hours we were free.
Speaker 2: Like yeah, he said, it was the last time I saw my brother. Yes, it was the last time I saw the sun. And it was the last time I felt free, Yeah, which is just heartbreaking because yeah, he gave up so much, yeah, like for immortality, and it's like that's the whole thing about we're all supposed to You don't want to be immortal, you really don't, because you say goodbye to everybody.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I would take a hard as someone who has a lot of health anxiety, I would still take a hard pass. Yeah, unbecoming a vampire, like no, thank you. But it's this movie's just fucking dope's.
Speaker 2: It's really smart. There's a lot that's going on. And I guess that there's so many easter eggs. There's so many like rabbit holes you can go down about Irish music, about blues music, about specifically Mississippi in the South, and racial politics, and it's there's just and like and then we'd even talk about like the the the the Irish potato famine which sent the Choctaw Indians that are that are there there that are also like they're there in the daylight looking for vampires as soon as the sun goes down there out Yeah, they're like, I'm not doing this ship at night. You want to you want to make you want to make that fight. You go right ahead. But there was a time when in Ireland when people were being starved, you know, they had a famine and England would not send money. This is a huge reason for the troubles. Yah. The Choctaw tribe had sent money to Ireland to help people. Right. So there's this whole history of people that at one point were adversaries and or or allies and then became adversaries and because of different conditions that happened. But it's it's just so much that's going going on, and it's so smart and it's so exciting and it's so well done. Every shot is just beautiful. Yes, everything is just deliberate, like there's a reason for everything. The art direction is incredible, the costuming, the singing, like just the music is just it just catches your spirit. It's like, I don't know, I don't know how you like not enjoy this movie. You're just a real fucking asshole, you don't.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean there's there's definitely people online who just want to be that guy and they're like contrary, yeah, and they're like it's not that good or like everyone's okay, Yeah, it's the best movie I ever made. Well, here's why it isn't like and subscribe to my chant like fuck off, Like yeah, you know it's even if you're like, hey, maybe it's not my thing, Like how could you not respect what it's trying to do here? It's it's beautiful, yes exactly, And yeah, everyone wants to, you know, talk about the brutalists last year and how like Cinema's back and all this stuff, and it's like, here's here's why we have movies. This movie has, this movie has everything.
Speaker 2: To think about this movie. And then like the first week it came out, which was in April, they had to move in a few weeks because of getting like certain theaters or something, which just come out in March, but it came out in April. But the fact that like the first weekend it comes out, it does really well, and then Hollywood reporter of Variety, one of them writes a shit headline like it didn't really kind of hit the whatever that people goals if people were thinking, so is this a problem, And then like every week after that it was doing better and better and better. Yes, and Ben Stiller all people had to be like, this is a fucking stupid take like it is.
Speaker 1: Stupid, take like that it made so much money its first weekend, it debuted at number one, and they were like, well, it still hasn't made a profit, so is it really a success? And it's like, you don't write those headlines.
Speaker 2: About anything else.
Speaker 1: Yes, exactly. And then it did something very rare that doesn't happen much anymore. It actually held on to that number one spot for like.
Speaker 2: And because people were telling their friends, you need to see this, you need to go to a theater and you need to see this.
Speaker 1: Yes. Like I got lucky because I have a friend who goes to press screenings and she's like, do you want to.
Speaker 2: Go with me?
Speaker 1: And I was like, yeah, buddy, yeah I do. And so I got to see it like right before it opened in a cool Imax theater and that was and I told everyone I know. I was like, go see it, Go see it, go see because it's we just don't get movies like this kind of movie anymore.
Speaker 2: And it's an original story and it's not based on anything you would know didn't read about it before.
Speaker 3: It's it's not a sequel special, it's special, and it just it's an outeur that has just really hit his stride and knows what he's doing.
Speaker 2: And it's I mean, the cinematography is incredible. I mean the lighting, like the light that they use inside the juke joint and then with the sun and every I mean it's just.
Speaker 1: And the visual effects are seamless. Yes, they don't take you out of anything. It doesn't turn into a like so many Marvel movies where it's like a blue light just shoots into the sky and then there's all these like robots fighting or whatever. It like, none of that is happening here. It's everything that's happening in that final sequence where they're all fighting each other is powerful and means something and you know where everybody is. Yeah, all times. And Ryan Coogler is so interesting because he does like Fruit Veil Station and then he and then he gets a Marvel movie and he does Black Panther, which is like one of the very best of all the Marvel movies, and then he can do something like this, you know well. And he also did Creed right, yes, like which we also talked about. Yeah, And there's like certain directors that are like I understand, they're like, I would never do a Marvel movie, but they say it in like such a snobby.
Speaker 2: Right, like it's beneath them.
Speaker 1: Yes, And I so appreciate that. Ryan Coogler is like I can move from like something like Creed and Black Panther and do something like Sinners, and each of them are like just like very much his movie and his vision. No matter what format, format genre he's working in, it's good and it looks like one of his movies. Like these people that are like like turn their noses up. I'm like, have you seen Black Panther. It's really fucking good. It's a good movie, like one of the best of the Marvel movies, one hundred percent. And if this movie isn't, I know, the oscars or like everyone's the oscars are bullshit. But if it isn't nominated for a lot of shit, the oscars are super fucking broken. Yeah, because it performances, music, costumes, cinematography, like come on.
Speaker 2: Editing, all of it, all of it.
Speaker 1: And if you stay through all the credits, at the very end, you get a scene with Sammy playing this little light of mine just in his father's church. I don't know if he's even supposed to be in character, if that's just the actor but he's got such a good voice. Yeah, it does so good. Anything else we want to say about this amazing movie, it's just it's amazing. It's amazing. Y'all rent it, rent it, buy it, do all the things. Well, we don't do brand new movies that often. So I have the top ten movies of twenty twenty five so far.
Speaker 2: Have I seen?
Speaker 1: I'm like, actually, you're gonna I haven't seen a lot of these either, Okay, and I go to the movies all the time. So number ten is Disney's Snow White.
Speaker 2: Yeah, unfortunate. Yeah, dog man, I don't even know what that is.
Speaker 1: It's a cartoon. It's for kids. I know of this movie, I just haven't seen it. Number eight is Final Destination Bloodlines.
Speaker 2: I don't even know what that is.
Speaker 1: It's have you seen any of the Final Destination movies?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 1: Oh, okay, I haven't seen this one either. Number seven actually I think came out last year, but it's still making a shit ton of money. Mufasa the Lion King.
Speaker 2: Really yep? Is that the live action one? Is it? Yeah? Oh? Wow? Interesting?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm like I didn't see it. Now Mission Impossible. The Final Reckoning, I haven't seen it yet.
Speaker 2: Yeah, three hours, No thanks, I'll wait.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Number five Thunderbolts.
Speaker 2: Don't know what that is.
Speaker 1: That's the new Marvel movie with Florence Pew and Sebastian Stan' I haven't seen it. Captain America Brave New World. Nope, I saw that one. It was not good. Number three is Sinners. We've seen that one.
Speaker 2: I've seen that one.
Speaker 1: Number two is the live action Leelo and Stitch. Nope, nope, I haven't seen it. And then number one is a Minecraft movie.
Speaker 2: I have no interest. I have no idea what it is. Wow.
Speaker 1: I know I will see it at some point because Calvin, my son will want to watch it. But no, I've seen Sinners, and I'm seeing Captain America Brave New World. I haven't seen any of these other movies. All right, So cool?
Speaker 2: Do you want to hear the top ten songs for when this came out? Yeah? I do. We do this all the time, and sometimes we have no idea what the songs are, and sometimes we know all of them. So number ten says is April of this year.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 2: Number ten Tate McRae sports Car. I don't know that one. Number nine Teddy Swims bad Dreams. I know Teddy Swims, I don't Okay Rose and Bruno Mars.
Speaker 1: Oh yes, yes, yes, I do know that one.
Speaker 2: Number seven I love this song, Lowly Young messy.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, that's that's a good song.
Speaker 2: Fucking love her. Uh. Number six Sizza yea yes. Number five Kendrick Lamar and Sizza Luther.
Speaker 1: Heard of them, I've heard of them.
Speaker 2: No, I know that song. I know that one. Number four Gracie Adams. That's so true.
Speaker 1: I have heard that song before, Okay, not bad sonya, not bad.
Speaker 2: Number three Sabrina Carpenter bad Kim, Bedkim.
Speaker 1: I love that song. Actually, it's on many A playlist.
Speaker 2: Number two Lady Gaga and Bruno Mars die with a smile.
Speaker 1: Oh that's yeah, okay yes.
Speaker 2: And number one you'll you should know this Chapel Rowan Pink Pony Club.
Speaker 1: Oh yes, of course they do. I still sing it. I sing it around the house all the time. But I changed the to the Max Toby Club. That's what I call it, Toby Club. I spend too much time at home. What else are you jerky out about? My friend?
Speaker 2: What's on Netflix now is becoming led Zeppelin. It's a really good documentary about led Zeppelin if you're even slightly interested. I mean just hearing about blues music that we just heard, that's what led Zeppelin kind of like, that's what they started playing, that's what they were, that's what they're jumping off point. It's a really interesting documentary, like they're and uh, I don't know, I love Zeppelins.
Speaker 1: Yeah, no, that's on my list. I didn't realize it was out already. Okay, up to.
Speaker 2: The top number Love Hotel the Bravo Show. Ashley is nuts. Her youth and beauty are wasted on her. I'm gonna say she has a couple of guys that are really into her, that are around her. A really cute and she just has such a boner for daddy types.
Speaker 1: So yeah, he's yeah, he's like sixty something.
Speaker 2: Right, and yes, it's it's bizarre.
Speaker 1: Yeah, she's definitely got a type.
Speaker 2: She's got a Yeah, she's got some issues. But leu Anne is hilariousu Anne scolding the guy that she slept with the nights who was putting his hands all over Cynthia, which by the way, was really gross.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and I'm like, you keep your hands to yourself, sir.
Speaker 2: Keep your hands to yourself, your pig. So anyway, it's still so well done, so well cast. Yeah, they could just keep doing this forever. I don't they.
Speaker 1: Really could they They could bring in four other housewives and do another season of this, and I will I'll watch it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it just really does it well. Below deck original recipe started, Oh they have a new season. It's uh, it looks like a real horny crew. I think it's gonna be like a love boat.
Speaker 1: Kind of thing, like you're okay, it's.
Speaker 2: Got that written all over it, which is which I like. Then. Oh God, and just like that.
Speaker 1: I love that you're watching it.
Speaker 2: I still watch it. So Aiden tells Carrie, I need to go home. She lives in New York. He lives in Virginia. I need to go home to my fifteen year old son because he's really spiraling out of control. I can't date a woman, I can't talk to a woman, I can't go out with anybody. I can't be in any relationship. I just need to be around my son for five years. You're so stupid, This was what he tells her. Okay, she is sixty years old at this point. Yes, when is she gonna stop letting men treat her like this ever so fucking infuriating and it's.
Speaker 1: Just stupid, and nobody fucking does that.
Speaker 2: Nobody, nobody does It's so stupid. Mario Cantone at one point he plays.
Speaker 1: A sassy you know, he's a say gay friend.
Speaker 2: He's a sassy gay friend, and he's like, what are you doing? And she gives him the coldest look and then he has to apologize to her at the end of the episode like I'm so sorry, which is so stupid. Like it's just they've all reverted all these characters. You love people are somebody wh's not saying like like Kristin Davis and John Corbett forgot how to act, And it's very true. Whoa like they don't know how to act anymore. Cynthia Miranda is like hitting on women left and right and is like totally like not getting signals, like all of a sudden she's gay, Like well, I'm gay. I'm gonna look for women everywhere. I mean, it's it's so And then they have an interesting woman named Sema who's Indian and but raised in America, and she's like in her fifties, she's super successful and she has like a series of bad dates, and so they put her with a matchmaker who says, change all your clothes, don't be so bossy, blah blah blah, And so she does it. What and she goes to dinner with a guy and then she's like, you know what, I can't do this anymore. This isn't really me blah blah blah. She tells it about herself and then he just ditches her. So it's like, what is the message here about women?
Speaker 1: And like, oh my god, this is why I can't go back and even rewatch the old ones because.
Speaker 2: It's so infuriating. It's like, it's like very it's people don't talk this way. People like no one would agree to a five year.
Speaker 1: No anything at that age, at sixty, grow grow up.
Speaker 2: I mean it's and he just like his acting is terrible, like and Kristin Davis and her character is just I mean, Charlotte's never been deep, but oh my god, she has a dog named Richard Burton. We're all supposed to think that that's really clever. It's it's it's uh, I can't help it. Yeah, I watch it. I'm annoyed by it. I checked and then I check all the sights and we're all annoyed by it because this was such a big part of our like twenty forties that the first time round for those of us that were there, like, it was a big deal. When they went, it was like that Franos they came back, you know, they'd be gone for a year and then they came back with new episodes like oh my God, Sex and the City, Sunday Nights, every you know, it was amazing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it was a big deal. The show was a big deal at the time. It was first of all, it featured four women, which is like that like never happened, and they had very frank conversations about dating and sex, which was also not something that happened for women. So and then we were all obsessed with the show and everybody was like, I'm a Samantha, I'm a Miranda, you know whatever, right, and you watch the shows like over and over and over. We really cared about those people, and I go back and when I've gone back and rewatched, I'm like, I can't. It's like so cringe and only Samantha holds up for.
Speaker 2: Me exactly, and the and they she didn't come back and the actors, like they keep asking the actors like, what are you going to bring Samantha back? And the actors like Cynthia, uh, what's her last name?
Speaker 1: Not get Mixon Mixon.
Speaker 2: So she like somebody interviewed her like, oh, do you ever think like what Samantha would think of your character right now? And she's just like, no, I never think about it at all.
Speaker 1: Samantha.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, Samantha was a huge character, and like a big she made huge progress as a character, yes, like really grew up and was still her own person and was a good friend to all of them. That's what like the betrayal comes from, is like, of all of them, she was the real good friend. You know. Carrie was the worst and she still is y'all, just so you know. And she's got fuck you money now, so she really doesn't have to like be polite or to be oh sorry, Carrie ends it. So she has a rat infant station at her home that she just bought like for twenty million dollars. She has to get a new garden, and then some hot gardener guy just showed up, so we're like, oh, so maybe she's gonna have so then there's going to be an aid and versus this guy kind of thing. I think, brother, and it's like, where are we fighting over her?
Speaker 1: She's really yeah, my bro, seriously just say no.
Speaker 2: No.
Speaker 1: She the fact that she is the age she is and still behaves the way she's behaving is this is it's you let it slide when you're in your twenty and you're and even in your thirties, but now they're in fifties and sixties, and you're like, you're still behaving this way. You're still centering men, right and not yourself. That's she and she has so much.
Speaker 2: She got it. She was playing a long game with Big It turns out turns out he really had as much money as she thought he did, so when he died and she inherited most of it. She could do anything. She I mean, as crude as it sounds, you can do anything you want with your life now.
Speaker 1: Yes, yes she could.
Speaker 2: And she just bobbles around this house like the alarms go off and she doesn't know what she's doing. Or she's starting to write a novel and it's like a historical fiction, but she writes like a couple of sentences and then a bunch of rats show up at her backyard. It's like it's like she could be traveling, she could be just doing so many things. She could be working at a charity, she could be I don't know, but her is a character. She's just never grew up with that character, and it's really really frustrating.
Speaker 1: I'm sorry that's a frustrating watch for you, but I know you'll keep watching because, oh.
Speaker 2: Keep watching it because god forbid, you're hilarious anyway, because it makes for a good discussion. I mean, as angry as you get, I think like that's part of it. Yeah, but I think, like, I think you're right. I think like the people run the show are like, oh, people are talking about us. That's all we you know, that's all they care about and all they care about. Yeah, at least they're talking about us. It's like, yeah, but.
Speaker 1: I just can't bring myself to watch it.
Speaker 2: I can't see this on E on repeats and people being like, oh my god, this is so like the original show was also thirty minutes. Yeah, like it was like a cocktail that you had every week, yes, right, and now it's like this meal, but you don't feel full, You're just annoyed.
Speaker 1: You feel sick after you feel.
Speaker 2: Sick after, it's like why did I eat that? Like this is I feel terrible?
Speaker 1: All right, I'm glad I've made the decision not to jump in, but.
Speaker 2: You probably will and you'll be like, oh my god, what is this. That's the thing is like when you're watching, like no one's actually wrote this as a script. This is not dialogue. This is like the worst dial This is placeholder dialogue.
Speaker 1: Like I see clothes all the time.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you get so you get the idea?
Speaker 1: Yeah I do. Is there anything else on your list?
Speaker 2: No? That's it.
Speaker 1: Well, so my list is very short because we already talked about Love Hotel. Love Island USA started this week, which I lose my shit for Love Island USA. It's on like five or six nights a week, so I'll be watching a lot of that. But here's the big news. So it started on like Tuesday. There were two Trumpers in the there's like five girls, five boys, and one girl and one boy were Trumpers, and all the viewers on social media were like, fuck these Trumpers, they have to go. We don't want Maga in the villa. And it's really messed up, like be fully trumped to be fully maga and then put these people in a house with like people of color. Yeah, is gross and could be harmful. But so the woman like it turned out some video was found of her on a podcast where she's dropping the N bomb repeatedly. So the producers of Love and all the fans of Love Island were like, we're gonna vote them out first thing. We don't care about anything else. All we're doing is voting out these people. After the first episode aired, the producers with and they removed the removed the woman in the middle of the fucking night. They just and they just mentioned they just say Lisa has left the villa and they never mention her again. Oh wow, like she's completely cut, like the nothing from the other Islanders going oh it was kind of crazy when they came and took her away, or hey, I was paired with her and now she's gone nothing. They're just pretending like she was never there. It's bananas. And then the other Maga is this man named Austin who is so fucking dumb Margo you would die like he is he's Maga. He's Maga and he's a pool boy, like that's his thing. And he's like and I have a boss. It's this total cock blocker. I would be hooking up all the time if it wasn't for my boss. And I'm like, gross, dude, just clean the fucking pool. Leave those ladies alone. And he's just real dumb, like he can't form a complete sentence. None of the women are into him. As soon as it comes times for voting, like, it'll be very easy to remove it. We probably won't even have to vote him off because none of the women want to pair up with them. But it's a very entertaining show. They if you never watched, they bring all these people into a villa. They it's kind of like Big Brother. They're together all the time. They have no social media, there's no TV, no movies, so really all they have to do is talk to each other all the time. They pair them up. They can beat in games together and some of them fall in love and others don't. And if you're not paired up, you get removed from the island. And also we get to vote, so sometimes we get to remove couples that we don't like. And it's only been a couple of days and already there's like a couple that's paired up and this woman is so I was like, you've known this man for two days and she is so possessive of him. It's really really disturbing, but it's very entertaining and messy.
Speaker 2: And that's on Peacock.
Speaker 1: It's on Peacock. And is it every night?
Speaker 2: It's on.
Speaker 1: It is on every night except for Wednesday nights for some reason, and then on Saturday night instead of an episode, they have like almost like a watch what happens, but it's for Love Island, so they have a host and they bring on like the people who got kicked off and they interview them and they talk about the show. So really it's like five episodes a week. It's messy. You might like it, Margo, You like messy.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I think it's like it's it's it's the time crunch, it's the number of hours you have to watch that I that kind of loses me. Yeah. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Last season was my first season ever watching it because it's hosted by Ariano Mattis from vander Pump Rules, and I was like, I like her, I'm going to check this out and I just got addicted. And three of those couples out of the six have stayed together and they're all like BFF and you follow them on social and they're always together and all this stuff. I don't know if that's what's gonna happen this season. No one's super grown on me. But also it's such an insight into like the twenty somethings as a as an old lady, like I'm kind of an awe of I don't they wear The women wear bikinis and they're like under boobs are out all the time, and I'm like, that's a thing, that's what we're doing, Like I don't understand. I feel like such an old lady when I watch they also like we'll talk about how many sexual partners they've had or and it's a crazy high number. Their body counting, yes, yes, their body count. Yeah, they're you know, they make them make out all the time too, and they're just like that's fine. And I'm just an old prude. But it is a very entertaining, messy show. So I do recommend it, and I think that's all I'm watching besides Love Hotel. But you've kind of interested me in the below deck original recipe. They're horny, you say horny.
Speaker 2: They're horny, and also it's it's it's just the personalities, like the one of them is from Love Island, France. And what I've learned from French people on this show is they tend to be very temperamental and they don't like to be told what to do. And there's one girl who has exactly twenty days experience and now she's a stew and she's like, go talk to me that way. If you want to be you have to ask me, like, who the fuck are you? You know nothing? You were on Love Island, France. Nobody even saw you before. But I get it's like the pattern. They're in the Mediterranean and it's Captain Carry so it's different from Captain Lee. Captain Carrey was from Edventua.
Speaker 1: Oh okay, and I don't know this nonsense.
Speaker 2: He's no nonsense, but but he's I like, I like a tough boss. I like a good boss. He's a good boss.
Speaker 1: I will check it out.
Speaker 2: You should check it out like they had their first episode. See if you're interested.
Speaker 1: Okay, I will definitely check it out. I think that's everything. Yeah, I'll have more things on my list next week for sure. If you like the sound of our Voices. We also co host a podcast called What a Creep, where we talk about creeps of the past and the present. Our current episode out right now is about the Bloody Benders. Yes, led by Margo. She did such a good job taking us through this old timey murdering family in.
Speaker 2: Kansas during uh, during the westward expansion.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Ugh, yeah, you did such a d I wouldn't do it, Thank you.
Speaker 1: Uh. Where can they find you? On social media? Margo?
Speaker 2: You could find me at Brooklynfitchick dot com. I'm at Brooklynfitchick for threads, and Instagram. On blue Sky and TikTok, I'm at Brooklyn Margo, And then at YouTube, I'm at my name Margo Donna Hue.
Speaker 1: Follow her on all the things. Her book Fever, all about Saturday Night Fever comes out in August.
Speaker 2: So you're gonna a couple of months, just a.
Speaker 1: Couple of months, y'all, and you're gonna want to see all the cool clips and be in the know, so follow her. I also forgot to mention, we're on reserved seating this week, So if you go right to YouTube and type in reserved seating, it's part of f this movie. We're on there with Rob and Adam, our good friend Adam Risky to talk about the movie Willow and it was super fun as always to have them to be on their show, I should say, and you could see our pusses. Yes, So check us out there. You can find me at the Sonia Show dot com and the Sonia Show on Blue Sky and Instagram and Facebook and the TikTok and Dorking Out Show. Email us at Dorkinoutshow at gmail dot com. Send us requests. We love requests. Subscribe, please give us a review. It helps us find our people. And you can find Doorking Out on Dorking Out Show on Blue Sky and Instagram and threads. Thanks for talking about centers with me. This was so fun and I learned so much from you, Margo.
Speaker 2: This was This is one of my favorite movies we've watched in a while. This is just go go see it, y'all, run, go see it.