Speaker 1: We did a de facto tool time yesterday because you had a juicy one from yesterday. But I think you're gonna have a pretty good one today. Dave Jenning, it's a little after ten o'clock on a Tuesday. It's Tuesday's tool go ahead? What makes my life easy? Looking for tools? Ride Zilla's Yep, this isn't one of those.
Speaker 2: So a couple weeks ago there was a really good story and he thought these people don't exist. This is fake gets made out right right. Let's see if you think that about this one. Okay, Seaw I'm twenty five female working in office with my coworker Lisa.
Speaker 3: Lisa she's thirty two.
Speaker 2: She's been on an intense diet for the past couple of months. At first it was kind of interesting her meal prep ideas and how she was feeling. But now I feel like I'm trapped in a never ending episode of The Biggest Loser. Every launch break, it's all about her latest.
Speaker 1: Smoothie recipes for calorie tracking, how she's crushing her goals.
Speaker 2: I swear I've heard more about kale than I ever thought possible. I get it, you want to be healthy, but damn well, I've tried changing the subject multiple times, but Lisa would just loop back like a boomerang made of broccoli.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: One day, I finally snapped and jokingly said, Hey, Lisa, I love your passion for dieting, but could we maybe talk about something else? Like literally anything else? At this rate, I'm starting to think you're going to turn into a carrot. She laughed initially, but later I overheard her telling another coworker that I was rude for telling her to shut up about her diet. Now I feel terrible because I didn't mean to hurt her feelings. I just wanted to break from the food lectures. I appreciate she's working hard, but it feels like every conversation revolves around her diet. Yeah, am I the tool for trying to redirect? You didn't tell her to shut up. No, you're not a tool. You didn't tell her to shut up about the diet. You said, politely, can we please talk about something else?
Speaker 1: I I just and you shouldn't let it go that far, right, But the former fat is like a former smoker, former drink her. They they want you to they want to tell you you went through this with me and uh and the Leland paleo right, pale and Leland, Yes, a paleo diet. And it would just hammer you all the time with it. You just would glaze over. Your eyes would just glaze over. I just go mashed potatoes. Potatoes. You passion, yes, you passive aggressively would make fun of it, but I didn't care. I just continued to talk.
Speaker 3: I know that's kind of you, like, Okay.
Speaker 1: He's making fun of me, but I don't care. Uh So, And it looks like, uh, I want to know how much weight the lady lost? Man?
Speaker 3: Right, do you? Yo? Why don't you ask her?
Speaker 1: No? I mean I want to know if she's lost two hundred pounds. Yeah, if she's lost two hundred pounds and it's saving her life, you kind of take the hit and just listen.
Speaker 3: Well they did for a while.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, but uh again, X smokers, X drinkers, ex.
Speaker 3: Foodiest, judgy and chatty.
Speaker 1: Oh wow, yeah.
Speaker 3: You're gonna drink that? Really? How many? How many have you had?
Speaker 1: Oh no, no, no, no, don't drink that. Oh no no, don't drink that. Do you know many sugars are in that?
Speaker 3: Yes?
Speaker 1: I do?
Speaker 3: Is that your third burbon? None?
Speaker 1: Yah? F Scott Fitzgerald used to keep track of his drinking because every drink he had came with a little tiny straw. Oh, I just put it in his dress jacket. And then, Uh, I don't know where I read that.
Speaker 3: I'll have to ask him about it tomorrow morning.
Speaker 1: Yeah, f Scott Fitzcher. No, that's a different Fitzgerald. Oh yeah, that's a good one. I like it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, thats a good lesson to learn too, hanging under that one for a few weeks.
Speaker 1: Yep, all right. Over in England it is it is sexual harassment to call a man bald. Oh. I don't know how those two connect. Uh. The decision came after electrician Tony Finn. Hey, I'm Tony fan of fan Electric. He claimed that he was the dog he was sexually harassed by his boss, who called him a stupid bald. Sea word no, curmudgeon, No, the other sea word. Now can he be a c The sea word here in America is the to me is the holy grail of words. You can never use moist. No, it's another one. But in England the sea word is used regularly, oh like in common conversations. Okay, so he called him a stupid bald sea word during an argument, and then he was fired. He's like, I'm not stupid, British High Court judge, Missus Justice Ellen Bogan.
Speaker 2: Oh, Missus Justice Ellen Bogen, you are indeed, sir, it's stupid.
Speaker 1: Bolt have my decision said. The commenting on a man's baldness in the workplace is equivalent to remarking the size of a woman's breast in the workplace. I don't think so. Do you like this really? Thank you, missus my decision. The new ruling now pays way for mister Finn to receive compensation more than five years after the first insult, grow some skin come on. Many on social media express disbelief over the ruling, you think, with one user calling it utter nonsense at least harmless. This is another saying this is silly, but most rulings and they I don't know what point of society we all started to analyze every conversation we have with coworkers. I don't know.
Speaker 3: If I was in Louisville judging, I would let them all go and.
Speaker 1: Give them money. Thank you, miss Justice. You welcome Ellen Balgin so bald. Commenting on his bald is the same as commenting on women's breasts. Well, why do you go there anyway? I don't think so, Yeah, don't think so. So.
Speaker 2: I was never good at this approaching women. Somehow I got married. Well, one guy's attempt totally missed the mark. He thought it was romantic. The woman is named Kristin, but she didn't see it that way at all.
Speaker 3: She said, it's actually.
Speaker 2: Kind of creepy. She's from Texas. She was at an airport. She got a text, and it freaked her out. She went to TikTok to share her story that the text, Hi Kristin, my name is Nate. I saw you and thought you were so beautiful, so I had to find a way to talk to you. I saw your number on your luggage tag and decided to text.
Speaker 1: Oh wait, saw your number on what.
Speaker 2: On her luggage tag? I promised, this isn't as weird as it seems. Give a guy a chance. She called him out instead in a video. First of all, I spelled my name wrong. Second of all, if you wanted to talk to me so badly, come up and talk to me like a normal human. Wow, she says, it feels like such an invasion of privacy. You think and our addresses are on these things too, so heate may know where Kristen lives.
Speaker 1: That's a good call, though, leaving your phone number and your address on these damn things.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you know.
Speaker 2: One of the suggestions in the article said to take to take that tag and flip it around. Yeah, and write down info on the other side.
Speaker 3: I know that way. Somebody would have to pull the tag out turn it around.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Well, here's the thing. I'm not putting anything in these things that are so valuable I can't live without. And then or replace. And then now you got those air tags. They're like twenty bucks. You put those air tags on stuff. You track where it is to the inch, so you know where it is. Just like, well, I'm in Philadelphia and my bag's in Boston.
Speaker 2: So your luggage just parked in front of your house. Give a guy a chance.
Speaker 1: Uh, that is creepy. And first of all, you realize that this guy has no friends, because any friend would go, what are you doing? Yeah, what are you doing? Guess so I met this cool chick. No you're not. You didn't meet her. Yeah, you're stalking her. Plus, I don't understand people that fall in love with other people at red lights at uh at people picking their luggage up after a flight.
Speaker 2: Oh, the red light thing. Beware of what's below the neck. Oh, it could blow.
Speaker 3: Up fast, David, David, tell me I'm wrong.
Speaker 1: You're not wrong. Well, here's the thing.
Speaker 3: Did you just make a noise getting out of the car.
Speaker 1: Here's the thing. It was mean and cruel ten years ago, as your joke. But now everyone is fat.
Speaker 3: No, it's normal.
Speaker 1: Looks now, it's everyone is. Everyone is a weight issue. Everyone, it's that. Why do you think o zempic And what's the Marjana Nirvana? No, not Nirvana, Marjorie and well Nirvana. They had a diet. It was called heroines, Margona, Murgona, whatever it is, damn lot. I got a doctor friend. He's lost seventy pounds just shooting himself in the stomach once a day or once a week, whatever it is. That's got to hurt with the needle thingy. So Kurt Cobain did that too, with the medicine. Oh not heroin, Okay, okay, So all right? How often do people fall off cruise ships? This has become a like a regular thing. I don't know if people are doing more drugs or on these trips.
Speaker 2: I don't know, but it seems like I've heard more and more about it than I used to.
Speaker 1: You never want to hear the phrase man overboard?
Speaker 3: Why'd you have to say? Man?
Speaker 1: Well, that's what we would yell when one of our friends was going home with somebody he shouldn't be going home with. Man overboard.
Speaker 2: We don't see gender on this show. Oh I'm sorry, person overboard, non gender specific. Person overboard.
Speaker 1: It's rare, but when it happens, the ship has strict policies how to react because time is of the essence.
Speaker 3: Yeah, throw out one of those donuts. First.
Speaker 1: Location is the key. The problem is if it happens right away and people start screaming and yelling, that's one thing. But if it's in the middle of the night and the dude falls over and no one sees it, that person's gone.
Speaker 3: Did he really make a sound.
Speaker 1: If nobody had heard it. Location is key because turning a cruise ship around, yeah, it's not really a it's like an aircraft carrier.
Speaker 3: It really is.
Speaker 1: Why do you think the Titanic hit the iceberg? Those things don't turn on a dime.
Speaker 3: No.
Speaker 1: From there, the ship turns around and heads towards the coordinates where the lost passenger was said to be nearby, and of course nearby ships assisted the looking of this person. Yeah right. In the meantime, look, you're not treading water in those waters, man, and there's currents and you're not you know. In meantime support is given to friends and family of the missing person while the search goes on. Between two thousand and nine or so, for a ten year period from nine to nineteen, a total of two hundred and twelve passengers are falling off passenger ships.
Speaker 3: Do we know how many are pushes or jump twelve people?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Okay, let's find out who survive, whether accidentally or intentionally.
Speaker 3: Did you ever learn the inflatable pants trick?
Speaker 1: No? Oh, yes, you take your pants off. So if you have jeans on or long pants, my problem is pants are already off. We'll go ahead.
Speaker 2: So then you as you're treading water, you tie each leg correct, and then you blow put it over your head and go whoop down and then sense the ways. Yes, now you have an inflatable thing of jeans, correct, and you can float on it. That would never work in the open ocean, but great, you're going to be wearing shorts. Yep, okay, of them that might have saved a life right there.
Speaker 1: Forty eight have survived.
Speaker 3: Out of two hundred and something.
Speaker 1: That only forty eight of two hundred and twelve.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean it's not a robot.
Speaker 1: Now that may seem actually like a bigger number than most people, because I said, once you fall over, I mean, sorry, dude, it's so hard to find you if okay, if it's in at night, good luck.
Speaker 3: And you didn't tip.
Speaker 1: Well oh yeah, you know. So it's not very common compared to how many people travel on these boats. But just be be wise of who you go with, aware of who you go with. Don't lean, don't be leaning right, don't lean end up with a five story fall. No. Now, I could see younger maybe doing this, but as I get older, I don't even want to.
Speaker 2: You get the drunks falling off the hotel balcony on spring break kind of thing, I mean that can.
Speaker 1: Happen, Well, that doesn't. They don't fall off those idiots. And I knew plenty of guys that would do that, would jump from one balcony to the next.
Speaker 3: Or try to get them at the pool.
Speaker 1: I remember there was one in Louisville. So sad I think he was going to go play it Notre Dame. Oh, he was a Cincinnati kid. He played it molar, I think, and he was going to be a dentist. He was a tight end. No, molar's the school, not a molar of the tooth. Damn it. Take a dollar out, Okay, don it. But he was jumping from a balcony in a balcony and he was going Notre Dame the next year. He's a senior in high school, going to play it Notre Dame for football. Uh and and made a bad decision. Spring break. Spring break gets you, all right, man. Vision First Eye Care go to Vision Firstiecare dot com. It is a great little process. It's about an hour. That's it. You walk in, they call your name within two or three minutes because this this this piece of machinery. You look in your eyeballs. You just put your face up to it for three minutes of trying to come over the better term than so the technology is amazing. Put your eyeball up there at one two three four boom, do the other one one two three four boom, and now you have MRI pictures of your eyeball. Okay, as Dwight calls it, an MRI ball, and it is front back, inside out stem going out to the brain. It's crazy video and you get pictures of that. A couple of minutes later, you're in the room with the doctor and doctor says, you need glasses. Let's look at your eyeballs first, da da, it looks clean. You don't have problems here, Da da da. If you need glasses, You're like, okay, walk to your other corner and then hands you off your little your little folder. You hand it off to the fashion forward folks at Vision First I Care and there's three people standing there, fifteen hundred frames and they're like, eh, Venetti, you get kind of like a fat head, so we have we have. They didn't say that, but that's right, Harry carry So I heard. Okay, it's not what they say, it's what you heard. You have a fat head. So we're gonna give you these kind of glasses. And I put them on and went, damn, what's up?
Speaker 3: I like me?
Speaker 1: So I bought two, not one. So I bought two pair from Vision First Eye Care, Vision firstiicare dot com. Go there and check them out. I ain't back after this got reeling in the years. I missed it by one year, one year, by this much on NewsRadio eight forty whs Twhites on vacation, It's just Tony and Dave. I missed it by one year. Yesterday it was nineteen sixty five and I hit sixty six. I didn't realize that Beatles had a follow up album just one year after their invasion of American sixty four.
Speaker 3: To your credit. There you're flying solo on this.
Speaker 1: Yes I am. I've got no help. I'm just my brain, my lonely powerful big man brain.
Speaker 3: Lonely powerful man brain.
Speaker 1: Jackie's out of town for like three days. I'm just a mess, leaving dishes everywhere, binge eating Cereal I did. I was telling him a break. I was like, when's last time I ate Cereal? I bought some, bought the cinnamon TOAs Crime cinnamon toe'sk ones thing. I haven't had that in forever, guy, I haven't eaten cereal in ten years, maybe twenty. I don't even know. I eat the whole damn box yesterday. Cereal's Heart Smart it is it was? It said heart Smart on the box.
Speaker 3: I'm sure it did.
Speaker 1: And it was skim milk. But then I did the hand in the box just eat it dry.
Speaker 3: I like apple Jacks that way.
Speaker 1: Apple Jacks, now you know you, Apple Jacks.
Speaker 3: Said apple Jack's Night. That sounds like a song.
Speaker 1: Yeah, all right, give me give me a song here.
Speaker 3: All of these.
Speaker 2: Songs I'm about to play right how these were top twenty hits back in the day, including her some touching as It's Pleasing by Journey.
Speaker 1: Oh eighty two, eighty eighty eighty eighty.
Speaker 3: Two, softly Quiet on the podcast right Now they is.
Speaker 1: I saw it. I saw YouTube where there was like black guys talk about their favorite white guys songs, and U and Journey had like two songs on the Don't Stop Believing, and it was another one I was. They were they were singing the song. It was cracking.
Speaker 2: He was old black dudes, and you're like, I love this song. Let's move on from Journey. Let's go down under, shall we?
Speaker 1: About the loansome loses, Big man brain, my big man brain. It's about the effort. Really, Yeah, you know you got some gohod nice and when you start your song out acapella and then everybody kick in and.
Speaker 2: The album cover there's four guys sitting in the stands. Who's this little river band?
Speaker 1: Oh? Yes, of course, four.
Speaker 2: Guys next to each other and one guy off to the side. He must be stinky.
Speaker 1: I dated a girl the nineties, that's all. She listened to a little river band. She's been like a dead wallaby. Uh, because this song is like stuck in my head from right around her A stupid car.
Speaker 3: You're reminiscing right now.
Speaker 1: I am. I'm still an eighty I'm still gonna stick with eighty two.
Speaker 2: Okay, let's see if this changes things. That's shine the belt buckles, shall we. Kenny Rogers when he looked like Kenny Rogers, you decorated my life in my apartment because you didn't like Saint poly Gril posters.
Speaker 1: At this time in the eighties, Kenny Rogers was huge.
Speaker 3: He was in pretty good shape.
Speaker 1: No, I'm saying I'm sticking with eighty two because I just think eighty one is eighty one is too much.
Speaker 3: Gotta get to the chorus, don't we, Yeah?
Speaker 1: I think so.
Speaker 3: That's funny.
Speaker 2: When nineties country started, all the old artists are like, this doesn't sound like country anymore.
Speaker 3: These are pop songs. Yes, it's country about this.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I know it, reader man. There were rumors on the school bus when I was going to school that there was a lady in town that wrote Lady and Another song for him, lived in the neighborhood, that lived in the neighborhood.
Speaker 2: Damn, really cool in Lindon. Yeah, okay, let's keep it slow. This one doesn't end quite as happily. Dwight loves this song. Saleon Linel Richie and the commodore Ooh that's more seventies Commodorees eight. He was with the Commodoores. Oh that's seventies, right.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 1: What a cool song? Yeah, was it the Commodoores or line of Richie with the Commodoores.
Speaker 3: This is the Commodorees.
Speaker 1: Okay, it's a good year, all right, all right.
Speaker 3: Courtney said, we forgot that the wooers for Kenny Rodgers.
Speaker 1: You know. Sorry, sorry, quite issue, Courtney. Here we go, Courtney, I love you.
Speaker 3: Out.
Speaker 1: Oh he's breaking up on her, that's right, Yeah, that's right, he's divorcing her. Giving you back at You're like, I'm hyphen eating And now now you see how you picked it. The pace picked up after you let it. It's gone. He's like, I guess now he's strutting. Now, I'm so glad Courtney's listening.
Speaker 3: I love you a couple more songs.
Speaker 1: I saw Sloan's Birthday, too heavy Birthday, Sloane, Sloane.
Speaker 2: We had our worst ever performance on this segment with Sloan in the early two thousands.
Speaker 3: We were off by six years. I think m pop music.
Speaker 1: Oh darn it, I want to say eighty now. This feels eighties? Does this not feel eighties? Or am I stupid? I let that one sit there. Yes, it feels like the eighties pop music. Talk about all right, I'm at nineteen eighty now, the number one.
Speaker 2: Song October fifteenth, back in the day. Oh Herbalpert, he's still living, he's still touring. He was here a few weeks ago. Rise got a xylophone player.
Speaker 1: All right, this sounds, this sounds nineteen seventies.
Speaker 3: Come on, get to the meat, herb.
Speaker 1: But if it's in see, here's the thing. It's October, so it's almost nineteen eighty or eighty one, right, it could be seventy nine. It could feel like it's nineteen eighty or eighty one, right, Yes, because it's October. Oh, we're going to get to something here on the song or this was this is this.
Speaker 3: Is the meat? Yeah, this was number one. All right. I want to say, what's a callin instry mental?
Speaker 1: I want to say nineteen eighty I really do, uh, but the commodoores or seventies, all right, nineteen seventy nine. I'm gonna go with seventy eight or seventy nine.
Speaker 2: This is why I took away the decades now I know.
Speaker 1: Okay, I want to say, what is your gut?
Speaker 3: Tell you too as you're telling me.
Speaker 1: Okay, it might say seventy eight, but I'm gonna go nineteen since I want to nineteen seventy nine.
Speaker 2: Final answer, Yes, seventy nine, sir. Herbalbert Raie was number one October the fifteenth. Yeah, nineteen, yeah, in seventeen nine.
Speaker 1: Whoo whoo. I thought I was gonna I thought it was gonna go. Oh for two, feel like Jeff Brown for a second, two in a row.
Speaker 3: You're one in one, pulled it out just like Virginia.
Speaker 1: Oh Man, good deal. Whoa you almost got me, buddy, almost you son of a All right, I want to talk about bargain supply I really do. Bargain Supply, Go see todd Hester. Todd Hester's worked there for a thousand years. It's true, he's been there right. He knows appliances since the wheel. He was selling the wheel a thousand years ago. Now he's selling ge refrigerators that have screens in them. You can see what's inside the refrigerator. It's crazy. Barket Supply is the best place to get all every single appliance I have in my home, every single one, washer, dryer, dishwasher, stove, microwave, refrigerator, all for Bargain Supply. It's the only place I buy my stuff from. I couldn't trust the big box store anymore. Bargains Supply East Jefferson Street, scratching dents. They're all new. You can do it.
Speaker 3: They have. You gave you back your name. But she kept the appliances she did.
Speaker 1: She can keep it too. I'm out of here. Go see Todd Hester at Bargain Supply East Even Street, their own parking lot. Okay, they have a ton of halloween called stone to decorate your house with. And Christmas stuff is coming. It's cheaper than the other place. All right. Back after this on news Radio eight forty. W e chance, all right, was this from nineteen seventy nine?
Speaker 3: It might have been. It sounds seventy ninety.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I was wondering if that last song he was actually singing it to the Commodore's like I'm taking my name back. He went solo right after that, right he had, That's true, Yeah, he had right after that.
Speaker 3: Then he joined Genesis because.
Speaker 1: When you say commodorees, I went, no, that's seventies because the eighties he owned.
Speaker 3: That Lionel eighties.
Speaker 1: What's he still do it? Pretty good?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: He not writing hit songs. But all right, so we got three weeks to the election. It's a dead heat. They're both acting crazy. Who can say the It's like, remember when we left sports radio. We left partly because it had become who can say the crazy? There's this thing today to get a little spike, and we were like, we don't want to do that. We're just like that just seems silly. Plus you sound crazy when you do that stuff. Well, now the last two weeks here we go, and I'm with you, I'm not sure that people are going to change their minds in the last three weeks.
Speaker 2: I mean, I think a lot of people are like this, there's nothing if you're gonna vote for her, there's nothing she can say or do that will change your mind.
Speaker 3: Same thing with Trump.
Speaker 1: We got Yeah, we got lucky too, because I think both camps know. If you're in Kentucky, Trump's gonna win by twenty one points, maybe even more.
Speaker 2: Imagine some of these battleground states. Oh, every commercial and Senate races. Oh, I mean, could you imagine? Yes, yes, So I think we're getting lucky here. We kind of are, yeah, And part of the problem is you just like I'm watching a lot of like Twitter. I just try to try to keep up with Twitter, but I see stuff with the PD and then when you click on it just to see the responses, and nine out of ten times are like, this picture has been doctored. That's half the people in this picture are not in that picture. This is from nineteen ninety two. YadA YadA, YadA, right.
Speaker 1: Or they're like, oh, look at this person robbing a convenience story and they're like this happened in wherever and they're like, no, this actually is a video, not even in our country, somewhere else, and this is not true.
Speaker 2: They deal with news footage sometimes too crazy. It's like that was gunfire from Mount Washington.
Speaker 1: All right. So study reveals why people can be so confident, yes, being wrong in arguments.
Speaker 2: But they'll never admit they're wrong. That's the thing, that's the thing. Nobody's wrong anymore. I yes, And the other tactic would be to do this. I think it was. Who was the actor Keanu Reeves? He goes, Look man, he goes. I just don't argue with people anymore.
Speaker 1: U plus two is five, okay, good for sure, good for you, have a great day, good policy. It can actually be impressive when you get into an argument with someone who is not only provably dead wrong, but still makes their case. Speaking of the sports shows, speaking of the sports shows, new research from plose one plos one plus one plus one.
Speaker 3: I guess plus one was taken.
Speaker 1: It was plus one, and then we went European and went is plus one has an answer for why this happens okay? And it's shockingly simple. It simply boils down to a person passionately making an argument but locking in all the necessary information to be correct, so they just believe it to be true. I call it the O. J. Simpson because I believe O. J. Simpson believes he didn't kill those two kids or people.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 1: I don't think. I think he's convinced himself he didn't kill her.
Speaker 3: He went to a different place. Ye after years and years.
Speaker 1: He's brain right correct. The study looked at thirteen hondres and the I mean that was defenditive for him. The study looked at thirteen hundred people, all of whom were asked to read a fictional story about a school running out of water due to nearby you know, water system failure. Right, participants, Because Timmy got stuck in the well. This is interesting, and then peede. Yeah, and then the dog fell in yep, because the dog. No one would listen to the dog, but the dog got out. Yeah, no, no, Timmy ate the dog?
Speaker 3: Oh was this a Korean story?
Speaker 1: Stop stop Timmy, and well stop it. Participants were then divided into groups five hundred, five hundred, and three hundred, one taking the position in favor of the school merging with another school, one in favor of staying independent, and remaining three three hundred were taking a balance position. That's us, me and you were balanced right, right.
Speaker 3: And mostly fair?
Speaker 1: All mostly fair and sometimes mean All participants were heavily influenced by the version of their story they were given right, and then their opinions reflected that it never occurred to them that there was an additional information that they might need to know. It never occurred to them. No one asked, is there anything else we need to know about this situation?
Speaker 3: Even if they suspect there is, it would make them uncomfortable.
Speaker 1: That's one of them. I'll go with this what my tribe has provided correct, and no one's asking questions. So you did a list of teachers complaining about what's wrong or what's the difference between students today, And one of the things you mentioned was there's no inquisitive students anymore. They all sit there. He goes. You might get one in one class that's interested in it and ask questions. Is proactive. I have a friend that works with a lot of youth, He goes, I pinpoint the people that ask questions back ask me questions instead of me asking them questions. He goes, I put them at the top of the list every time.
Speaker 3: Yep.
Speaker 1: Interesting, though confidently wrong, participants were overwhelming willing to change their stance when the new information came to light.
Speaker 2: Beingo So seek out alternative pieces of information form your own worldview.
Speaker 1: The interesting, though confidently wrong. Participants were overwhelming and willing to change their stance if new information came to light.
Speaker 3: So are they too lazy to seek that out? Normally?
Speaker 1: It feels good to be told what makes you feel good?
Speaker 2: This is the way that I feel. Oh hey, and this channel feels the same way. Yes, this is a comfortable place for me.
Speaker 1: And that's why the failure of the media is so so important. When Nixon was doing Nixon, you had the media. The media busted team wasn't anybody else. The media got to them right, So you need newspapers. The failure of the newspapers. It may be the downfall of America. I'm telling you, I missed the paper.
Speaker 3: Because they stopped being newspapers.
Speaker 1: I missed the paper. I did too, I miss it. I never I was growing up. You couldn't have if you told me you you're not going to start your day with a couple of coffee and reading the paper. That was that's how you start your day.
Speaker 2: The entire paper became op eds yes, yes, or not doing that story because that doesn't fit our worldview.
Speaker 3: But it's news. Oh yeah, I'm sorry you don't agree with it or like it, but.
Speaker 1: It's Newsagentini was making fun of Girth the other day. Joe, is it Joe Girth?
Speaker 3: I think so? Yeah, you have to brag. What laugh was that?
Speaker 1: So he was he was like, oh great banning masks on the street next to sunglasses and and hoodies and ball caps. And it was just like we were like, was making fun of it. I just did a smiley face and retweeted it like you're so Joe, You're so ridiculous. I know, you're so ridiculous. This isn't a Republican thing. Joe the black police chief is asking for help because people are wearing those surgical masks and robbing stores. Please don't wear the mask.
Speaker 3: It's a conservative thing, Tony, Okay, yeah, sure, it's all of that.
Speaker 1: Thank you. Everyone needs a roof, regardless of worldview. Christian Brother's roofing. Give him the call. My nephew works for him. He's doing a fantastic job. They moved to a bigger place in Middletown because they got so much business because they do such a good job in a quick time. So if you need a new roof, quickly. They can do it for you. It doesn't really matter or if you need just a repair. I need a repair. I have yet to call them, even though my nephew works for them. If my nephew is listening, I need you to call me because we have a small leak. It's and it's only when it rains really hard. So I need that fixed. So Christian Brother's Roofine is going to fix that for me. Go to Christianbroroofing dot com. They fixed my gutters about two months ago. They were there like three hours. These guys came in. There was like ten of them. But we'll big no Christian Brother's Roofing, Christian bro Roofing dot com, windows sighting, gutters, and of course roofs commercial or residential. Christian Brothers Roofing tell him. Tony Venetti sentya back after this on news radio eight forty wh Chance