Speaker 1: Yeah, ripped off?
Speaker 2: What need that's so you don't have come running just as nass as we can.
Speaker 1: Shooter's gonna help come Max.
Speaker 3: It's the Troubleshooter Show. No, Tom Martino, Hey.
Speaker 4: Tom Martino here, I got something to show you. This is gonna be cool. Now we can bring in cameras without problems. I got Mark here. I'm gonna bring them up full screen. There you go, Marky, take it away. You there, I am here. What's going on? Man? All right? So what I'd like to know is, uh, quickly, did you know that about ninety percent of the people that responded to me said that politics definitely makes or takes a role in their buying decisions if they know the politics of a company. Now, these are staunch politics, and people just are regular people and they don't preach a lot, but if they know someone is one way against them, and if they won't, they won't go to them. They said, they won't go to a car mechanic if he's a staunch conservative or staunch liberal and they're the opposite. They won't buy from people, They won't go to restaurants. It shocked me the amount of texts and emails I got about buying decisions, buying decisions. Does that shock you?
Speaker 5: No, Unfortunately it doesn't. But in some circles that's definitely not true. I think that's probably more correct for liberals than it is for conservatives.
Speaker 4: Oh really you think? Okay, you think conservatives don't care that much.
Speaker 5: I don't think they care as much. Okay, Well what do you think I think?
Speaker 4: Oh? I think conservatives care a lot. I think if they think there's some liberal creep, they're not gonna they're not gonna do it. Are not going to shop on Amazon. I disagree with you. Well, okay, and fifty District No, no, no, no, no, you're right. Amazon's a different animal.
Speaker 5: By Amazon's a different bezoson said Damn rag in New York where he's always just going after Republicans.
Speaker 4: And by the way, uh, Mark, I don't know if you can see the feed, but it's looking good and your camera's crisp and perfect. Oh come you can't. Oh okay, there we go, Now I see the two deals? Cool? Yeah, yeah, yeah. So anyway, let's let's welcome, by the way, today, our our guest here, John Johnny. Welcome, Johnny Jones. We call him Johnny because he's the son the junior John Jones Junior JJJ, John John Jain. Okay, does anyone ever call you JJJ?
Speaker 6: This happens.
Speaker 4: Okay, I'll try not to make that a habit. But anyway, here's what we're gonna do. We're gonna talk about health insurance today. So tell me about the dues and dawns storing open enrollment. Just tell us why, because I heard pretty d over there ask why do we have to do it this time of year?
Speaker 7: Well, if you buy your own health insurance right, So this is those under the age of sixty five who buy their own health insurance. And by the way, also annual rolling period for Medicare is now but open and roll open and rolling for individuals and families under age sixty five starts on November first. Yes, if you buy your own again, and I think we've covered this multiple times as well. But the reason why, now, why is there an open right?
Speaker 4: Why why is their open enrollment? What the hell is it all about?
Speaker 7: Well, pre existing conditions don't matter anymore, and so health insurance carriers are required to ensure anyone who buys a plan during an open or special enrollment period. Uh, and so The point of open enrollment is to drive. Try to drive all that traffic, try to drive all that money and premium dollars into one time where now the insurers have an entire year's worth of.
Speaker 4: They want to aggregate properly. The risk. It used to be people would sign up just before something happened, or yeah, yes, sir, absolut yes, or or when they get sick and they wait out the waiting period or something, even though pre existing was a thing. They can't afford to do that. They want as many people enrolled as possible, with the idea that the more enrolled, the cheaper they can keep it.
Speaker 6: It has to work somewhat financially, absolutely.
Speaker 4: And it kind of does.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Now there is no more law though, remember there used to be a penalty. You don't pay a penalty anymore, right, you.
Speaker 6: Don't pay it.
Speaker 7: So the penalty there is. The penalty exists, it's part of the law, but the penalty is zero dollars, so there's no teeth to it right now.
Speaker 4: Why did I wonder why Biden and company did not put the penalty back?
Speaker 6: Yeah, I don't.
Speaker 5: I think that was the Supreme Court decision. I don't think it had anything to do with a bid. That was the Supreme Court thing.
Speaker 8: Mark.
Speaker 4: No, I'm pretty sure it was.
Speaker 6: I understood. So there was.
Speaker 7: There's two types of subsidies that somebody can be eligible for. You have tax credits, right, and you have costier reduction subsidies.
Speaker 4: Both the difference tax credits.
Speaker 6: Atax applies to your monthly premium.
Speaker 7: The costier reduction subsidy that was added in a extra that applies to plan benefits. So if you buy a Silver plan, if your income is below two hundred and fifty percent of the federal poverty level as an individual or as a family.
Speaker 6: That is what.
Speaker 7: It was the government's responsibility originally to pay those cashier reduction subsidies. But that's what Congress got tossed as far as it's not our responsibility that got put on health insurance companies.
Speaker 4: In general in general? Is this Obamacare or the Affordable Care Act? Is it beneficial in general for people? Do you see people benefiting from it? You've been in the business before.
Speaker 7: This, Well, it is more beneficial. It seems to more beneficial now since they changed the subsidy eligibility. How someone is eligible for a subsidy, the requirements of that.
Speaker 4: But now Mark used to complain it made it more expensive for know, for some people, it's still have for the for the upper echelon of incomes.
Speaker 5: Now for almost every employer are out there as well.
Speaker 7: Well, Yeah, employer plans has gone up a lot in premium as well.
Speaker 5: So I bet since Obamacare, John, Honestly, since Obamacare, I would guess four.
Speaker 4: Times maybe maybe three times more expensive. Yeah, especially for employers. All right, now, first, sorry, go ahead. I just want to bring up Joe because he has something to say. Go ahead, Joe, Joe, you wanted to talk about Integra.
Speaker 8: Okay, can you hear me?
Speaker 4: Yes, sir, go ahead, Joe.
Speaker 8: I just want to say I listened to it for years, and he kept saying, if you need help with her, to try to call him Tagra. I just kept shoving it off and shoving it off. And then late last year, I said, I'm gonna call him just with gags, and I'll tell you what. John helped me say, Well, we're twenty five hundred dollars a year on my insurances. His wife and him are just fantastic.
Speaker 9: They're quick to call.
Speaker 8: They have a hard time hearing on the phone, and he took his time repeats, so I don't know how many times does he tell me? So I go, oh, crap, I forgot what you said.
Speaker 4: How was that John Senior or John Junior Senior Senior?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 4: John and Day and then we have John Junior. And then we have of course employees there. They have a pretty good staff. You have good people.
Speaker 8: It's just fantastic, and I want to thank you. I think his wife has some sort of tour in her neck, and I'd just like to get anybody out there, none or it doesn't know, say some prayers for so come back.
Speaker 4: Okay, that's very nice of you. Thank you, Joe. Yeah, yeah, we kind of didn't want to discuss private stuff like that, but okay, Joe, I understand you had well you were well meaning. Thank you very much. We don't know exactly what it is yet, and prayers are for are all around Guermo. What's going on, Guerremo? H good man, what's going on with you?
Speaker 2: Well?
Speaker 10: I took my jee ticket an oil change at Jiffy Lube a couple of months ago, and.
Speaker 4: The Jiffy Lube I used to call him Jiffy Lube and screw. They're so terrible. I mean, but if they're not as bad. Actually, no, no, it wasn't Jeffy. I'm sorry. It was a Connolu. It was the Conno lube and screw. You're right, Jeffy. Wasn't that bad? I'm sorry, Guerma, what what? Garama? What the What's? When? Was it which Jeffy lube?
Speaker 10: It was the branch on Bellevue and right off the Santa.
Speaker 4: Fe Okay Bellevue and Santa Fe. What went wrong?
Speaker 10: So about a mile down the road, oil was everywhere. All the emergency lights were on. Took it back to the to the oil changed place right away. So I had a long conversation with them. They said, let us make it right. So I said, yeah, go ahead, and.
Speaker 4: Let's well what what did they do wrong? To begin with? Did they for to forget to put the plug in or put it in looser?
Speaker 10: What they didn't screw on?
Speaker 11: The oil?
Speaker 6: Oil?
Speaker 10: Oil filter? Pretty much at all? It blew it off as soon as the engine got pressured.
Speaker 12: Ah, so it.
Speaker 10: Pretty much blew the engine. They took me two months.
Speaker 4: Wait a minute, the engine was totally blown.
Speaker 13: It is now.
Speaker 10: I found this out yesterday because they've been giving me stories like, oh it's timing change, we just need to do a tune up on it. We're going to keep doing this, all these stories that, So what are they going to do now? So they said, we found an engine at a Junkyard that we can throw in for you.
Speaker 4: How many miles on it? Uh?
Speaker 9: They told me.
Speaker 10: Sixty thousand, which I don't mind. But they've had my car for two months. They didn't want to tell me what shop.
Speaker 4: How many miles on your jeep when you brought it in there?
Speaker 10: One hundred and forty but it's been maintained.
Speaker 4: Are they giving you a rental car in the intrum?
Speaker 10: No, that's the funny thing. I told him, you know, go ahead, and you know it's been two months. I need a car at this point. And they said, no, we're not gonna give you a rental car. We don't do rental car or loan or anything like that.
Speaker 4: Well that's tough crap, is I mean? Yeah, they they may say they don't do them, but they owe you. Now, what you could do is just play nice and get get your own rental waiting for them to fix your car. But if you could get a sixty thousand mile engine and it really was a sixty thousand mile engine or a replacement engine. What year is this jeep? It's a twenty sixteen Okay, So if they could fix you up to pre accident conditioner or pre incident conditioner better, that would be fine. So what are you calling about? Are they not doing it?
Speaker 10: Or what if they're not? The jeep is still sitting in their shops. I told them I want to get real sooner than later, because it's been going on for two months. I've been feeding me live.
Speaker 4: Well, you're not required to keep it there. You could have a toad somewhere and go after them. For the expense. I want someone to call on this. Who do we have kel Let's have Kelly call and see if they'll come on the air. Yeah, let's do that first, and then who do we have that could take this in the studio?
Speaker 14: I'm here by myself holding down the four tom.
Speaker 4: Okay, now, Doc, you have a follow up?
Speaker 2: What is it?
Speaker 15: Do you remember Andrea Madino had a problem with her moving from one apartment to another in me law.
Speaker 4: Oh that was a while ago. Yeah, she something went wrong and she was in a building and they told her that they.
Speaker 14: Were just moving to a place in more bedrooms.
Speaker 4: I'm sorry. Was this the subsidized housing?
Speaker 2: No, no, no, no.
Speaker 15: She was moving to another apartment in the same complex and they were charging her extravagant fees from the move out. Remember they were charging them more.
Speaker 4: I'm looking for it. She rents a single family home since August. Trouble with the mett. Nope, that's not the one with the black mold. Nope. We have so many andreas low income subsidized housing during the pandemic. She was asked to apply for rent. No, oh my god, I have about ten Andreas and they're all rental problems. But anyway, so what's going on with it?
Speaker 14: So anyway, she had a list of things they charged her for on the move out, and some of which were unreasonable. So I actually with her to the UH.
Speaker 15: Really, I met her at the place and went with her to the UH to the office, and we managed to get some items changed.
Speaker 14: So she saved about two hundred and fifty bucks.
Speaker 4: Well that's good. I mean, you just made sure that what she was charged for she was charged for. She you know, that's wonderful.
Speaker 14: And the things that I felt were unreasonable they change, you know, thank.
Speaker 4: You that that's really cool. Good job, Doc. Yeah, let's do this. I use my dinger today in the middle of the week. I love it. We got more coming up. Go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance checkup free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three O three seven seven one. Hell, you'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three all three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hi, Tom Martino, you're troubleshooter three all three seven to one three talks so I get a text that says Tom. By the way, you can text my Google number seven four seven nine nine nine fifty two eighty seven four seven nine nine nine fifty two eighty or five seven seven three nine is the iHeart short code. Either one will get to us. It says here Tom. Politics do not come into play when it comes to for vacationing for us. Our daughter went to Portland, Oregon and Seattle, Washington. And they had signs on ninety percent of the businesses that said no guns allowed and black Lives matter, all kinds of signs and stickers, littering walls, fences, businesses, front yards, homeless camps, occupied parks by thugs. Is this Denver or Aurora? No, he's talking about Portland, Oregon and Seattle. We were we were Oh wait, wait wait he just said politics. Do I'm sorry, do come into play for vacationing because when he went to these cities it was absolutely ridiculous. Oh our long, our long bus trip.
Speaker 5: We went through Portland and or close to it, and then we went through another city, both of them total total hell holes. Didn't even want to stop. Man, I mean hell holes, all right. But it's the same description as a roar no offense.
Speaker 4: But three oh three seven one three dogs seven one three eight two five five I have no idea what this text means. Uh, tom as A, I'm a black man, and he had the nerve to tell me to take my maga hat off because I'm black? Who had the nerve? Well, this guy is writing to me saying that he wears a maga hat nets and who had the nerve some guy delivering burritos. Oh well, there you go anyway, three oh three, seven to one three talk, let's go to Okay, so what are we doing with Germot? Did Germo? Did we call Jiffy?
Speaker 16: I have left two messages, one for the district manager and one for the general manager of.
Speaker 4: The kay Loop store. So now why don't we, though, in addition to that, give it to deputy doc if they don't call back, so we can we can make sure that somebody is working this. And docs have some good lucky with auto stuff. So let's uh let's try that. Uh okay, good now, Deputy dear, are you working on anything? I thought you were?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 4: Hold on, go ahead, sir.
Speaker 2: Yes.
Speaker 17: So yesterday we had a caller who complained about drive in Motion car dealership. She bought a jeep that doesn't pass emissions.
Speaker 4: Oh well, this was really screwed up. They told her it wouldn't pass, but they did not sell it as a toe away. They were there in Weld County, but they were selling into an emissions area. And I believe they're required to make sure it either passes or they sell it as a toeaway. And she has a three day voucher she never got.
Speaker 17: Well, not only that, but it sounds like they told her that the reason it won't pass emissions is because of the bad ABS module. Well, she had the ABS module replaced just yesterday.
Speaker 4: Nothing to do with the missions ABS breaking.
Speaker 17: Right, But you know, she's an unsophisticated consumer in terms of auto mechanics. So I spoke with a so Drive in Motion has three stores, Greeley, North Glenn and somewhere out of state like New Mexico, Arizona. I spoke with someone who I believe was the sales manager yesterday, mister Selene. He told me that he has no comment on this deal, but he's going to at my request, he's going to try to find someone who does, which I assume is going to be Brian Neely, who's the owner of these dealership.
Speaker 2: Well, they got it.
Speaker 4: They gotta make it pass mission.
Speaker 17: I just spoke with another gentleman at the North Glenn store because there during the phones, and I told him that, uh, you know, we'd like to get their comment, but better yet, we'd like to get a.
Speaker 6: Resolution to this issue.
Speaker 17: Yeah, before I provide an on the air update and so or before I called the State of Colorado Revenue Department says, so right on their site, they have a form a complaint form for emissions violations if the.
Speaker 6: Car you buy doesn't have so.
Speaker 17: Anyway, so I said, before I go that route, it would be great to get a resolution from you guys directly without getting the government involved. So he took down my name and phone number, and he did tell me that he's going to speak with both mister Celine and mister Neely, and I asked him to call either my cell number or better yet, call Kelly's number at the studio and just discuss this with us on the air.
Speaker 4: All right, thank you? Three oh three seven one three talk?
Speaker 18: Ray?
Speaker 4: What's going on with you? Ray?
Speaker 2: Uh? Never?
Speaker 10: My wife never got her favor free fun.
Speaker 4: From when from twenty twenty three?
Speaker 12: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Really, Yeah?
Speaker 12: I got my deposits in my in the same credit you mean I got my you know, but you never got it.
Speaker 4: Do you know where to go for help on that?
Speaker 6: Nope?
Speaker 4: Well there's the state has a site. Uh really, let me say, I'm looking it up right now. Did you file? Did you guys smile jointly?
Speaker 12: Now we filed together?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Okay, the Tabor refund help is right here. I'm looking it up right now.
Speaker 3: It is.
Speaker 4: Uh for uh yeah, it's well, how much did you get?
Speaker 12: I got eight?
Speaker 4: Other that might be for a couple. Oh oh wait wait wait if you filed jointly, you don't get two separate checks anyway.
Speaker 5: Yeah, what you're well, I'm sorry what you taxed your twenty two or twenty three?
Speaker 4: Twenty three? He said, yeah, forty three, you don't get You don't get two separate checks as a couple. So you got your check?
Speaker 12: Bro, he just so my account. But she's got an account too.
Speaker 5: Well did she file separately? No, she should get sick. It should be sixteen hundred. Are you sure find yeah, I'm staring at it for twenty three? Yes, yeah, oh.
Speaker 4: Hold on, yeah, you filed jointly, it should be sixteen hundred. Okay, but it's one check, right, got it? Okay, so he got less than he should have.
Speaker 12: Did you Okay, she filed, she filed it.
Speaker 4: No, you're right, it is it is sixteen hundred. Absolutely. I have a feeling the problem is going to lie in your state return. It's tax dot Colorado dot gov. Okay, and you know, look at they do have a link there for the tabor of questions. I mean, really I think that have you ever con have you ever gone to that website and made an inquiry?
Speaker 10: No, I haven't earn money. I got mine, So she just I just found out about it.
Speaker 12: So that's what I talk.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, no, no, it's yeah, of course you want her to have her money for sure. Absolutely, And again it should have been in that one check.
Speaker 5: It's going to be a problem on that refund, the state refund.
Speaker 4: Now, art, I just are you said you called a couple of months ago? Is that right about? Hold on one second time? Really quick on TABOR.
Speaker 5: So next year, interestingly enough, I think all three mechanisms will be triggered a tax refund I think on property taxes, I think on sales tax and something else. But I think there's one point seven billion dollars coming back to taxpayers.
Speaker 4: The reason I bring it's less this year. I heard it's going to be less though for twenty twenty four, like less money.
Speaker 5: Well, I'm just telling you there's one point seven that's going to be for twenty twenty five TABOR refunds. But here's the deal. Watch these elections. There's a lot of tricky stuff in there. That I'm trying to retax. The main thing to look for is most of these questions will start out, do you want to increase taxes?
Speaker 4: But some of them are really tricky the way they write these.
Speaker 5: Now, remember how we all got tricked, or at least I didn't, but a lot of listeners and Democrats got tricked, and these liberals got tricked by their own people into us having the highest property taxes basically in the country.
Speaker 4: I know, I know, that's what the Gallagher Amendment, and they did away with this thing that would have that.
Speaker 5: If they want more money, you say no. I don't give a crap what the money's for. All they do is waste the money. If they want more money, say no.
Speaker 4: The height of all insults is when Governor Polus had the nerve to make it sound like he was doing this out of the goodness of his policies and heart. Okay, refund do you remember that it was crazy our taxes And by the way, only one, only one reporter in town nailed them on it. Only one TV reporter local, Well, Sean it all the time. Yeah, but Sean Boyd over at Channel four, And I'll tell you what Denian News they never. They never cover anything negative, anything negative on progressive never not once and uh and and you tell them there's a problem. Well, it's my new name for him Denian News.
Speaker 5: The worst out there that I've heard of recently was the CBS sixty Minutes where Kamala answered.
Speaker 4: The same question with Okay, they did that, and they took they took the better answer. Well, no, they got rid of the actual answer and then kind of edited stuff together to give another answer. I mean it was crazy. I know that that is wrong. I mean, come on, that's wrong. Anyway. Three oh three seven one three talk seven one three eight two five five aren't your dental issue. We'll take right after this. I'm looking I'm looking at up. If you use that name, give me some other keywords so I can search this. Waterpros dot net will get you the best water systems at the lowest prices. They have this new special that is just off the charts. I'm telling you you get a whole house water softener and reverse osmosis drinking water, triple filter reverse osmosis all for thirty one ninety five. A plumber, I swear to you would start at twelve thirteen grand for this and even water Pros would have been more than that. That's Waterpros dot net and it's three oh three eight six two five five five four. It's only for this season. Go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance check up free, no obligation comparison call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies to find out now three O three seven seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hey Tom Martino, your troubleshooter three O three seven one three talks seven one three eight two five five. Art has a follow up on this dental issue.
Speaker 2: Art.
Speaker 4: When did you call, sir?
Speaker 13: Oh?
Speaker 19: I say about six months, six weeks ago?
Speaker 4: Oh, okay, so it was pretty recently. Okay, let's talk about it because I can't find your call, but go ahead, sir.
Speaker 19: Yeah, we called six weeks ago because we could not get money back from thessurance company.
Speaker 4: Did you use the name art when you called.
Speaker 13: Yes.
Speaker 4: Okay, So anyway, talk to me about it. What's going on?
Speaker 19: So we got the money back from the insurance company, seven hundred dollars.
Speaker 4: Thank you. Can you tell us what that issue was. I'm trying to remember the issue shoe.
Speaker 19: Yeah, she had a six hundred dollars procedure. Insurance they charged, the provider charged thirteen hundred, and we got the seven hundred back.
Speaker 4: Okay, excellent, excellent. Do you know who you worked with? Do you remember who you worked with?
Speaker 12: What?
Speaker 4: Deputy?
Speaker 19: No, no, deputy, we did it on our own.
Speaker 4: Oh good, excellent. How did you do it? Sir?
Speaker 19: Just kept after him, after him, and then they finally sent that check to the insurance company.
Speaker 4: Okay. You know one thing very frustrating is dealing with that. I want to talk to John Jones.
Speaker 5: Wait wait, wait, though, I just missed something. So they sent the the insurance company the money. So you didn't get the money back.
Speaker 4: You never paid it. The insurance company did, Yeah.
Speaker 19: Went back into her account.
Speaker 4: Yeah. Yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 5: Wait, I still don't know what that means. So you never saved any money? Ensure you help the insurance company save money.
Speaker 8: Correct.
Speaker 4: Okay, listen, A lot of people get upset about that. Even if I.
Speaker 5: Don't trust one insurance company out there, they're all buddy.
Speaker 4: So John Jones Junior JJJ. Let's talk what about when you know there's a like do insurance company's care when you find like this, I mean, if you think that the insurance company is overpaying sure?
Speaker 7: I mean, and they have appills processes you can walk through with the insurance care to make sure that things are being paid properly. Pay attention to your eob's explanation of benefits and all of that.
Speaker 4: Tell me does do the frequency of claims have a bearing on you getting insurance? Like you know, if you do a lot of prescription drugs, can a prescription drug plan for let's say seniors on Part D? Can they discriminate? Not discriminate? But can they rate you accordingly? Not at all? No, No, sir?
Speaker 12: Okay?
Speaker 6: What can you be rated on tobacco use? And no, not even all carriers do that.
Speaker 4: But if you're a smoker, I could see.
Speaker 6: That you can have a ten fifteen or so percent I'm going to ask.
Speaker 5: Another Yeah, but if you suck down big gulps like nobody's business.
Speaker 4: I mean they don't, which is ridiculous. They don't even know. Okay, I have another question if you're a UFC fighter, I mean, really, do they ever look at occupations? John parachuting?
Speaker 6: Not for health insurance?
Speaker 2: No, sir?
Speaker 4: What about accident?
Speaker 2: Well?
Speaker 4: Wait, how about military?
Speaker 6: Well?
Speaker 4: I guess they have their own coverage. I wanting to ask you something else. I know a young person looking at a motorcycle and I said, the biggest problem with motorcycles is not your liability so much as it is your medical payments and your health and not you know, your your your own health, okay, because you're most likely going to get hurt, end up in a hospital, and you're gonna run out really quick if you get five thousand dollars in medpay or if you get whatever. So my question is do they have accident health insurance just for accidents that you can get sure?
Speaker 7: But yes, So they're like a supplement, an accident supply. It covers accidents specific up to X amount dollars, maybe say ten thousand dollars, but not a lot.
Speaker 4: You can't get like big cover, correct, But I have it through them.
Speaker 7: Yeah, it's it exists to cover your high deductible or HIMAX out of pocket. So it's a great supplement. However, there are exclusions like clans. Yeah, yes, sir, well it could be, it could be. It's but they typically have to do with extreme No, I.
Speaker 4: Get activities, right, because otherwise that's a cheap way to get insured.
Speaker 9: Tom.
Speaker 5: I have one through them that covers fifteen thousand dollars for er bills period and it's one hundred percent reimbursable. So in other words, really, if my health insurance ends up paying for it, I still get a check for fifteen thousand dollars insurance is that Yeah, And I've actually had it. I've actually used it on my daughter years ago. Well, we got a check for fifteen grand.
Speaker 7: Accident plans are actually very very affordable four so they're an override.
Speaker 4: An accident plan doesn't ask questions.
Speaker 7: No, well, you've got to prove you were it, Okay, you have to prove as far as yeah, absolutely at the time of claim, right right, You're gonna have to have to.
Speaker 4: Be a legit claim. But what I mean is it doesn't matter, as Mark was saying, if his health insurance did paid for it.
Speaker 6: No, it doesn't.
Speaker 7: Well, some accident plans do coordinate benefits with your health insurance plans, so they'll only pay up to your deductible amount. Some don't coordinate benefits, so they pay up to the full benefit amount of the plan no matter what.
Speaker 5: Correct, Yes, sir, and Mark got that, yes sir, not only that in that same accident, so my my daughter got rear ended, ended.
Speaker 4: Up at the er.
Speaker 5: We got the full fifteen thousand plus John Fuller knew exactly how to direct the medpay so we basically got that.
Speaker 4: Money as well. I mean, it was ridiculous. They just wrote it. If you, if you did a spreadsheet of of checks, of debits and credits on Mark's life, on paying insurance and getting benefits. This man is ahead of the game, head of the insurance game. How many people get ahead of the insurance game.
Speaker 7: Well, so anybody that gets really sick, I mean and intugert we try to we build it, We look at it comprehensively.
Speaker 4: Right, how do you typically come out insurance in general? Mark, with your house and everything go go ahead?
Speaker 7: Yeah, how do you plan to you Like a lot of people are healthy and they don't plan, so they get these high deductible, high max out of pocket health insurance plans, but then they have that financial exposure. So that's the point of an accident plan. Let's add something on for a lot, you know, for an affordable premium twenty thirty bucks a month extra.
Speaker 4: And I got to take this break. And again the YouTube pole is bogus and they're just busting my shops as always three all three seven. He took a YouTube poll. Am I a closeted liberal? Come on, No one in a million years could accuse me of being liberal. Maybe on some social issues where I don't care. I don't call that liberal. I call it letting just people who cares. And then on fiscal stuff come on, and education, I guess the people are liars. Tom.
Speaker 14: It's called a libertarian, which is very which is what I think you are.
Speaker 5: No, he's so far from libertarian it's not even funny. He want free college for all.
Speaker 4: I mark, free college has nothing to do with liberal or conservative. It has to do with actually, no, it's at libertarian.
Speaker 5: Libertarian government stays out of everything, Doc, and most people don't want government out of everything.
Speaker 4: I want government. I wasn't talking about the government.
Speaker 5: Well, they're involved in healthcare, they're involved in everything in our lives quite frankly, so you're far from a libertarian.
Speaker 4: I'm Tom Martinez. We got more coming up. Go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance check up free, no obliging comparison call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three all three seven to seven to one. Help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three all three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hi Tom Martino, you're troubleshooter three all three seven one three talk seven one three eight two five five let's uh continue we have he wants to say something else, He said, Art, he called about his dental issue and said that he had called and got that taken care of, and it was dental insurance and he felt they overpaid.
Speaker 6: Go ahead, Art, Yes, we have a bigger poem.
Speaker 19: She had a forty five thousand dollars implants and they failed.
Speaker 4: If they failed, Okay, was there any I mean, I don't know if any warranties on that. It could be bone, it could Was it because of a malpractice kind of thing, or was it that that's what you're saying ARC. Did you have someone verify that to two.
Speaker 19: Different implant specialists wents?
Speaker 4: Oh, then you better hold on, sir, You better hold on. If you truly had two other implant people say it was malpracticed or it was done wrong, then then this is a whole separate issue. Hang on and we'll come back to you. I'm Tom Martinez. We have John Jones Integra Insurance. By the way, don't ever try to do that alone. They will save you money. Health insurance made simple and smart. That's Integra Insurance dot com. We love these guys. Three oh three four six six fifty five hundred. We have more coming up on the Troubleshooter Show. Go with a sure Thing Denver's Best Roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance Yeah, cup free, no obligation comparison call Compass insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance. Three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 1: Yeah, news needs you don't have.
Speaker 2: Come run in astas as we can.
Speaker 1: Shooter's gonna help coming man, This is.
Speaker 4: The Troubleshooter Show. Now, Tom Martino, Hey, Tom Martino here, Welcome to the show. Three oh three seven one three talks seven one three eight two five five. Okay, Mark, I'll take you full screen here by the way, those streaming marks showing us some visual aids here. He's got a he's got a life size image of Donald Trump. He's showing us there he is in the background, by the way, Welcome to the show. Everyone who's not on YouTube or streaming us, you can always go to the Troubleshooter Network page and get it. But yeah, we see that Mark's let me let me put it live here. Yeah, okay, anyway, three h three seven one three talk. Let's go to the phones and make your life a little easier. Anything you can, anything you need, you give us a call if you have a problem, question your complaint, because this one is really serious. Art has a serious issue. He said, he has a faulty Well, his wife has a faulty dental implant. Yes, and I want to take that right now. So go ahead and tell us about that faulty implant. Art, tell me what's going on.
Speaker 19: He went to two specialists and both of them said it was installed incorrectly.
Speaker 4: Now, Art, when when did she have it done? I need a timeline here.
Speaker 19: Thanks to see and surgical placement implants were on one twenty of a twenty two.
Speaker 4: Okay, name plan in one twenty of twenty two, right, okay, and.
Speaker 19: The plan was in tough pill So it's placed on those dates.
Speaker 4: On one twenty twenty two correctly. That was the last visit. I know.
Speaker 19: She had a cleaning on four to ten of this year.
Speaker 4: No, no, no, I meant on the implant people, they implanted it one twenty twenty two. But did they she get she got the implant, that's the screw into the bone. When did she get the restoration? When did she get the restoration which is the tooth part of.
Speaker 19: It, the tooth part. Let me see, I'm looking at the procedure. I don't have the dates on that right now, I'm.
Speaker 4: Looking Okay, now, all right, Now here's what I want to know. What was faulty?
Speaker 19: According to the added two specialists, it was let me see, I got it right here. When they implanted it, they put the bottom two, I mean bottom five implants too close to the nerve.
Speaker 4: So she waited. She had several implants then for a whole set of dentures.
Speaker 19: Direct yet two piece one top one boughty.
Speaker 4: Okay, so no, I get it for dentures. Okay. Now, then then you said it's faulty. Okay. But the two specialists were they implant doctors?
Speaker 19: Yes, they are both.
Speaker 4: Uh okay, now they will they put that in writing for you.
Speaker 19: I'm not too sure. One of as I said, would that? Would you consider that malpractice? And he said, I can't use that word.
Speaker 4: Okay, here's the problem. If he can't use the word, you can't use the word. If you cannot get another dentist to say it was malpractice, you will. That is one of the requirements of a malpractice lawsuit.
Speaker 5: It would cost a fortune to get that as well, just to get to court. I think all that work being done over would cost quite a bit less.
Speaker 4: Yes, okay, Now, Here's what I want to know. I want to know this. Did any of them say they would use the word malpractice?
Speaker 19: Well, when I asked the specialist, I said, would you consider that malpractice? And they're like shook his head, but he said, I can't use that word.
Speaker 4: Well, okay, well then he doesn't believe it's malpractice.
Speaker 19: Well all these we got all the X rays and everything, and it's really bad job, it's crooked.
Speaker 4: But he did not say it was malpractice. You do not have a malpractice case without finding a dentist in the same field who will call it malpractice. Okay, I mean, I'm just telling you that. Go ahead, d what do you have? Hold on? Go ahead?
Speaker 14: Tom.
Speaker 17: I think that if he contacts an attorney who specializes in malpractice suits, that attorney has a phone book full of dentists that he uses that do use the word malpractice.
Speaker 4: Oh well, sure they do, but they yeah. But if he can't find any on his own and he goes to an attorney, I doubt there are many attorneys that will even talk to him.
Speaker 12: Oh no.
Speaker 17: My point is the attorney will have dentists ready to go that he already uses in.
Speaker 4: Case cost him his fortune. Okay, you don't just go to an expert when you're when you're an attorney and you have experts, they're going to charge that attorney five grand twenty five hundred minimum. So here's what's going to happen. They don't do it on spec So here's what's going to happen. He hears from this guy that two people already said they don't think it's malpractice. Now, if it's so apparent and so terrible and the attorney thinks they have a shot, the attorney is going to go and front them. They always front the money, but eventually it has to come out of the proceeds. So here's what I'm asking, Okay, what are the damages? Because that's what it's all going to come down to. What what are the damages?
Speaker 19: Well, right now she has handy jaw pain. I caun't to.
Speaker 4: Okay, how old is she? How old is she?
Speaker 19: She's a.
Speaker 4: Seventy seventy okay? And she has all of this pain and suffering. How long has it been going on?
Speaker 13: Two years?
Speaker 4: Okay? And and what will it take to fix? Did those experts say one.
Speaker 19: Of them said a fool needs to be completely redone and they're going to try to stabilize it for now, but they said it probably just can't do it stabilized. Maybe stabilize it for three or four months.
Speaker 4: What do you mean by stabilize it? Is it infected?
Speaker 12: Uh?
Speaker 19: Yeah, they need to take out the screws in there and ty wait.
Speaker 4: Hold on, hold on, you just passed by that. When I say is it infected?
Speaker 19: They said that there's infection.
Speaker 4: Okay, that's serious. So what is she doing about the infection?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 19: While she cleans her teeth every time after she is she on medication?
Speaker 4: Not for that?
Speaker 10: Not right now?
Speaker 4: Well, then how do you say? Wait? Was she diagnosed with an infection and the doctor said, we're not going to give you antibiotics, just clean your teeth.
Speaker 19: Yes, they need Well, we're going in for the second consultation here shortly and they're.
Speaker 4: Just so you know, you gotta document each and everything you're doing and it needs treatment. You know, when people say, yeah, we have an infection, but they're not on antibiotics and the infection isn't getting worse. Is it getting better?
Speaker 19: It's still affecting her. I don't think it's getting I think it's stay the same.
Speaker 15: Can't Tom I can't imagine any healthcare professional thing you have an infection and not doing anything about it.
Speaker 4: Exactly, neither can I.
Speaker 14: It doesn't make any sense.
Speaker 4: Yeah, neither can I. I can't even imagine it. So, you know, saying she's infected, you don't understand how serious that is in her jaw. Okay, so is she infected or not? She is? She better get treatment or she's not gonna have malpractice because she's got to mitigate her damages. If she sits there for two years with an infection and it gets worse, guess who's fault it is hers? But really quick back to the malpractice. I mean, the first thing you gotta do is find in an attorney that'll take it, and if you pay, I'm sure you'll find one. And then once he files an action against that professional under Colorado law, then you have to do that review, the certificate of review within sixty days. That's where that attorney will get a professional who's also a dentist to see etnal will take it if But no, no, you're you're saying if the attorney will take it on contingency, there's no way they're going to take it on contingency. But you can come twenty grand out of pocket and you might be able to get to that part of the trial. And then let's say you come then the bills start really adding up. Yeah, but most malpractice is on contingency in the beginning. They may want you to invest the money to prove it's malpractice, or to at least get a statement of malpractice, but man, it is, you gotta have some.
Speaker 5: If there's only ten or fIF. Okay, we just said the same thing in different ways. I'm saying, if she can have everything redone, y, that's right.
Speaker 4: If she can have everything redone for less than fifth, then she ought to do it because it's going to be cheaper than malpractice.
Speaker 6: That's right.
Speaker 4: Now, maybe she can go ahead, sir.
Speaker 19: On the top, she was supposed to have six implants on the top, and there's only five. They charged her for six and they took out one. I guess the bone density wasn't strong enough, and so there's only five on top. It's supposed to be six and they never corrected it.
Speaker 4: Okay, if she doesn't have the bone density to put the implant, the wise thing to do was to remove it like they did. So that's not malpractice.
Speaker 14: Yeah.
Speaker 19: The only thing is that they were supposed to cut according to their implants. Specially they should have cut the the part of the implant that was not screwed in because right now her up right.
Speaker 4: Wait a minute, they left the sixth implant in the weak bone, the one that won't hold the tooth.
Speaker 19: No, they took the infant out, but it's still a little rocky and it's shaking once she choose.
Speaker 4: Listen, you know what our look at. This is way beyond our scope. Here's what you need to do. Union, none are Seriously, here's your barometer of whether you have a good case. Get all of your records together and go see malpractice attorneys. If you cannot get a malpractice attorney to take it, it is not a good case, I promise you. Okay, there are all kinds of malpractice attorneys and no, no, I don't you know Bendanelli, if the case is there, I know if he can see a case, Marco Bendonelli on the referral list would look at it. And Marco does pretty well, uh for malpractice, but there's no damn. Yeah. Malpractice is one of the most difficult suits to bring of any suits. Maybe premises liability is another one that's difficult.
Speaker 5: And I hate to even say this. With her age, she probably I'm almost sure of it. She doesn't work, so that there's once again different things you can't go after compared to if this happened to somebody that for the next twenty years can't perform a job, he could go after millions of dollars in compensation.
Speaker 4: But you have none of this. Now. We're not telling you not to speak to We're not telling you not to speak to an attorney, but you have to be really careful because it can be you know, it's tricky malpractice. I think what you need to do really is to start getting her evaluated to get this fixed. If she's in misery, and she really does. Maybe they want her to fully heal first and take care of it. I don't know, but you need to get a good specialist that.
Speaker 6: Yes, go ahead, we called.
Speaker 19: We called the dental Associates of Roora to see if they would help correct it. We called three times and they call back.
Speaker 4: Are they the ones that did the original?
Speaker 14: Yes?
Speaker 4: Is the doctor still there?
Speaker 19: He's still there.
Speaker 4: Why would you want them to correct it if you're claiming they did.
Speaker 19: Well, it's going to cost her more money to fix it.
Speaker 4: And if he can fix it for her, you can go to the dental you can go to the dental board. You know, if this actually if this doctor was told, if you were told it was improper, and this doctor refuses to does he refuse, does refuse to acknowledge there's a problem.
Speaker 19: Uh, he refuses to.
Speaker 9: Call it back.
Speaker 4: What's his name?
Speaker 19: His name is doctor Lee and he's at Dental Associates of.
Speaker 4: Aurora, Doctor Lee.
Speaker 5: Let's have Deputy Dot call over and see if Deputy Doc can't talk to him. Yeah, uh yeah, Now maybe maybe this guy will be willing to look at it and fix it.
Speaker 4: I have no idea. Yeah, Doc, First of all, we're gonna have to get some kind of conference call or hippa. But the fact that he won't call you back sucks. You know that that really sucks. So hang on, we're gonna give it over to deputy doctor.
Speaker 14: We start a conference call that way, but not have to go to that whole hip of stuff.
Speaker 4: Three oh three seven one three talk seven one three A two five five.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 4: You know Compass Insurance group. Uh, we have health insurance on today with Integra. Of course, Compass does the same thing with you for other insurance, casualty, loss, car insurance house. You know all of that business, and they give you free quotes, and they also do free comparisons to see if you have a great deal, and if you do, they'll be honest with you. Three oh three nine nine six nine thousand. Go with a sure thing Denver's Best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance check up, free no obligation comparison call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank Durand there real estate man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three all three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hi Tom Martino, your troubleshooter three oh three seven one three talk three oh three seven one three eight two five five. All right, Mark, he's uh roaming around with his camera on YouTube. And uh people you miss at ratio if you don't have that alongside your radio anyway. Three oh three seven one three talks seven one three eight two five five. Okay, I turned you off there, Mark, Hey, reconnect with your regular camera.
Speaker 15: Yes, sir, just got a quick call from a lady about her speed Queen washer.
Speaker 4: Yes, I remember that one. Did you handle that one?
Speaker 15: I handled it, and about two weeks ago they promised her choosing to get a new one.
Speaker 14: It was delivered and hooked up yesterday.
Speaker 4: Oh man, that is a yes, I see it. She called on the seventh of October and she bought a new speed. Queen was having nothing but trouble, could not get anyone out there. And by god, I get to use my dinger once again. I just love using my dinger. You know, it's seventy one. You don't get to use it that much, so I'm really happy about that.
Speaker 14: She's a happy camper.
Speaker 4: Cool Jim, you have a question about something, Jim, go ahead, welcome to the show. What's going on?
Speaker 2: Bro?
Speaker 13: Yes, I have a quick question. I would like to know if the leaf guards on Home Ring de Gutters is worthwhile.
Speaker 4: Leaf Guard, well, okay, when you say worthwhile, First of all, leaf guard is an entire gutter system, isn't it. I don't think it's just yes, it's it's the whole gutter with the built in system. There's nothing wrong with leaf guard. It's pretty good. You know, a gutter helmet. They all work to a certain extent. I don't like the screens they put on. But you're talking about getting all brand new gutters, Is that right?
Speaker 13: No, I just want the leaf guard to go on top of the gutters.
Speaker 4: I've never Okay, I know what you're talking you're not talking about leaf guard does not go on top of the gutter. But I know what you're talking about. You're talking about buying some leaf protection of some kind.
Speaker 5: I totally disagree on this one. I don't think you should get it man. And I'll tell you why I get what mark any kind of leaf protection, any kind of leaf protection I want, wouldn't I get it?
Speaker 4: Well, I'll tell you why.
Speaker 5: It's gonna run anywhere between what three thousand in up Excel roofing will come out. If you have a one story house it's one hundred and ninety nine, a two story two ninety nine. I have them come out twice a year and clean my gutters, and it worked better than anything I've had on any other house before. Including those systems, and you're not. You're gonna end up paying less. They're gonna be perfectly cleaned twice a year, and you'll never pay what you had to for that gutter system.
Speaker 4: So yeah, you're right if you can actually spend four hundred a year getting them cleaned twice a year, and that's that's ten.
Speaker 5: They's and they're spotless when they're done, the down spouts are done, everything's done.
Speaker 4: They're spotless. Okay, Jim, you might want to call Excel Roofing and just have them clean your gutters.
Speaker 13: That sounds like the way to go.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean, it'll save you thousands of dollars mark. That's a good suggestion. Yeah, I just I just never thought of about that. I I I just never thought about that, you know, just having someone clean him twice a year. That well, I guess I have thought about it because that's what I do, but I never compared it with actually putting the protection on. So that's pretty cool. Three oh three seven one three talks seven one three eight two five five. Okay, let's uh, let's continue here on your let's continue on our quest here, Okay, John Jones Junior, I want to bring him back and we have him. Hey, now okay, let me ask on right real quick. I want to get to this text on the health insurance. When should a child be taken off their health insurance or when do they have to be taken off? What depends well when they should and when they have to be the okay, so I want to I want to discuss both absolutely.
Speaker 7: So age twenty six is technically at age twenty six they would come off uh manatory mandatory.
Speaker 4: Apparently before twenty six do they have to be enrolled in school or anything from twenty one to twelve.
Speaker 7: So then we get into and this is part of the conversation we have with all of our clients, is you know, do you qualify for a tax credit? Because if you qualify for a tax credit, it's based on tax household. So if you have an older child but you don't claim that child as a dependent anymore, then they would not be included into your plan getting a tax credit. We would want to look at what their option would be on their own.
Speaker 4: Well, what I mean it is more news if you took them off of your insurance, would that make you less qualified for a credit.
Speaker 7: Or more ca Well, it could because then your tax household is smaller. Right, so you set up a tax household of three qualifying for a tax credit, or a tax household of four or five.
Speaker 6: Now maybe it's just you and your spouse household of two.
Speaker 4: Then you then your child might be able to get their own correct, your child may be able to get their own Also, if you do have an older dependent that you are claiming, there, if they earn income, that income would.
Speaker 7: Count towards your tax household income and so that could give you less tax credit that direction as well.
Speaker 4: Put it this way, what if you had an older one who is on your insurance and.
Speaker 2: You have.
Speaker 4: You know, so they're on your insurance, but they don't make a lot of money and they could actually do medicaid? Yes or no if you don't.
Speaker 6: If you don't, well it depends if they're a dependent.
Speaker 7: So if you claim them as a dependent, then your income would count toward their eligibility.
Speaker 4: They do their own thing and they're not claimed.
Speaker 7: Correct, then yes, absolutely, they could potentially qualify for medicaid. And that's part of the conversations we have with all of our clients.
Speaker 5: Mark, what were you going to ask him, Well, what's the biggest mistake when people are shopping for medicare, example might be like, I know, Tom, you've got kind of the mac daddy. Supplement plans or supplemental plans do a lot of people like go with advantage, for example, and then find that they don't have the coverage they expected, they can't go to certain doctors. But just in general, the biggest the biggest regrets that you've seen from people on mistakes they've made choosing a plan.
Speaker 7: I think what I would certainly caution anyone is not just calling thee the telephone number on your television screen when you see the commercials.
Speaker 6: I think the biggest mistake, in my opinion, is.
Speaker 7: Probably not being given all the information, all the options available to them, so that they have a good understanding of Medicare, how Medicare works, what a supplement is, what an advantage plan is, the pros and cons of both, and having in you know that information they need to make an informed.
Speaker 6: Decision about what's best for them.
Speaker 11: Uhuh.
Speaker 7: And so I would just say avoid the call center, talk to an expert, somebody who does both, not somebody who just does Medicare advantage, not somebody who only does Medicare supplements. But somebody who can sit down and explain the entire the entire thing for you.
Speaker 5: I saw a commercial today, like you're talking about an eight hundred number, and I tell us what this plan is. They were talking about a plan where they get a preloaded uh some kind of like preloaded credit card each month, or money's put on the card each month, and they can actually go out and buy some groceries. I mean, I've never heard of that. How does that work?
Speaker 7: So, and there are advantage plans, and I can't get into specifics for any specific company things like that, but there are advantage plans.
Speaker 6: That and it is based on income. It's if you qualify.
Speaker 7: And so that's the thing they're trying to hook somebody, have them call in without explaining first, Hey, it is based on income that you might or might not qualify for these types of benefits that could be in there.
Speaker 6: So that's it. Just take what you see on TV with a grain of salt.
Speaker 7: Talk to an expert, talk to and talk to you know, give us a call and we'll happily walk you through all of those options.
Speaker 4: All right, we got to take a break. Three all three seven one three talk seven one three eight two five five. Frank rand the real estate Man. By the way, He's available to give you complete market analysis of your home and what it will sell for, even what you will clear after expenses, and what you can qualify for if you want to buy either here or somewhere else. That's Frank durand the real Estate Man dot com. A total complimentary service with no obligations whatsoever. Three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance check up, free no obligation comparison call Compass Insurance Paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real Estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hi Tom Martino, you're a troubleshooter. Three O three seven one three talks seven one three eight two five five. Okay, welcome to the show. We're here to help you and uh I got mark full screen for those streamings so you can see us Trump of whatever it is, life size cutout. But how things scared the hell out of me coming out of the hot tub.
Speaker 5: I go back inside and the lights are not and I think there's some dude in my basement.
Speaker 4: Three three seven one three. Tok. Let's go back to our texts, our phones and everything else. Let me get my screener up. Okay, So Steve, what's going on with you? Steve, Welcome to the show. What's happening?
Speaker 13: Thank you.
Speaker 9: We had bought a Hondis Tucson and a recall letter came through the mountain about a knock sensor that it was on the recall about a couple of months later at the most the sensor went off fine, so I figured I would take it in and get it repaired. Took it to the wrap a hole. Can I use names, yes, of course, like okay, great, went to rap had my mechanic prior to the hard the code on it to make sure I was right. He said it was a knock sensor.
Speaker 13: I took it in there.
Speaker 9: They told me, you know, we do our own assessments.
Speaker 4: Fine, yeah they do, because if they did the knock sensor and it didn't work, then you're going to be upset. So they usually do their own diagnosis, right.
Speaker 9: And I'm down with that. That's cool. If they kept it for about three days, had a rent car because they don't provide a loaner on these kind of services.
Speaker 6: Right.
Speaker 4: What kind of Hondai is it?
Speaker 9: By the way, it's a Tucson.
Speaker 4: All right, got it?
Speaker 6: So went ahead?
Speaker 13: Did that?
Speaker 9: What they had done the first go round though, is they basically did a hard reset on the computer system and knocked the sensor out and everything went back to normal. So I thought, well, maybe I'm an idiot, and they fixed it. About thirty days later, the sensor went off again. And the knock sensor, I'm not sure if you're aware, but it shuts your engine down where you can't go over two thousand RPMs. So it doesn't ruin your engine, right, okay, but you can't get out of an issue because you can only go rev up to two thousand.
Speaker 4: Let me ask you this, the knock sensor when it first went out, Yes, sir, and your mechanics said, it's your noock sensor. Why didn't you have him fix it? Was it still under warranty.
Speaker 9: No, there was a recall on it was a Oh.
Speaker 5: Okay, there was a recall, got it? Are you sure it was You're sure it was a recall.
Speaker 9: Though, I'm They told me when I got there they would cover it under the recall. I'm like, old, that's what the PaperWorks.
Speaker 4: I see a.
Speaker 5: Product improvement campaign to update the NOC sensor detection system software on your vehicle if it's a Tucson.
Speaker 14: But I don't.
Speaker 4: I don't see where they're replacing knock sensors.
Speaker 9: Well again, when I went in there and spoke to this girl named Alex, that's what they told me. They would, you know, they would cover replacing a nock sensor. They ended up upgrading the software. I believe on the second time this all went down, right, because this is how up three times?
Speaker 13: Now?
Speaker 4: Okay, well, where does it stand right now?
Speaker 9: Steve stand sitting in a repair shop for the last week?
Speaker 4: What's your repair shop? Is it back at Hyundai?
Speaker 14: Yes?
Speaker 20: Sirtainly?
Speaker 4: And why is this it? Did it go bad again?
Speaker 9: Yes?
Speaker 13: Yes it did.
Speaker 9: It's gone bad three times.
Speaker 4: That's weird how it's gone bad three times? Where you're stranded in limp mode.
Speaker 9: Not me, my wife and that's a problem, right, Yeah, anyway, that's not the point. The point is though, the second time I was in there, I met their shop manager at the time, who's no longer there, and he told me it's either a knock sensor or your bearings are going to be problematic in your engine, and they replace the engine, and that's how you can get a loaner car. If they finally have to replace your engines. I'm like, whatever it takes. Right, second time, they reset the censor again. About thirty days later it went off again, and then back into the shop again. On the third time, though we've been without a vehicle for up well this last the third time was ten plus days. Now, we were working on about eight days and they're still telling me they have no idea a loaners. Out of the question. I only really want out of it is a car for my wife to get around until they configure it. They can keep that car in there until they fix it. I don't want to bring it back and have it die within thirty days because they just want to get me out of their hair. It's frustrating to the n degree, right, And the last response I got was yeah, we can't get you a loaner. And this is all from young You know, people at the desk, they have no authority, And I want to talk to managers, can't talk to managers. My wife actually called once please stop me if I go too long, and she was told that they don't let people call it managers. Well that's the dumbest thing I ever heard. But yeah, I can't get a hold of a manager to save my life.
Speaker 4: Do me a favor.
Speaker 5: Give your VIN number to Kelly and I will email or text somebody for you and see what's going on with it. As far as the Reynolds, that's pretty standard these days.
Speaker 4: Man again, Mark when I when I listened.
Speaker 15: To my Hyundai, Yeah, the people at a rap Hole were very very rude and obnoxious, and the people at Chomp Hyundai were so much nicer. And I actually I went there yesterday. They did some stuff for free. It was like night and day between them and a rap ho Yeah.
Speaker 4: A rapp Hose used to charge for coffee.
Speaker 9: We add one more thing. In the third go round, they finally acknowledge they're going to censors, so they sent me a text and said approve of these repairs. So I open this text, there are six things on one with the knock sensor for six hundred dollars.
Speaker 4: Wait, they don't wait wait wait wait, they're not charging you each time it goes wrong, right, No, I have to.
Speaker 9: Tell them there's no charge. So the first few times agreed no charge. Third time should have been no charge. And then they tried to charge me for it. And they told me that who they submit their claims to on these n has kicked them all back, saying, yeah, you can't do that anymore.
Speaker 4: Well, hold on, hold on, Steve. They're probably pissed that they did four of them. For God's sakes, I mean, but that's not your problem. How many times let me tell you how much time in between the knock sensors?
Speaker 9: About thirty days?
Speaker 11: Almost done?
Speaker 6: Almost, dude, this.
Speaker 4: Should be done, no charge to you. It doesn't matter if they kick it back. Where does the stand right now? Hold on, We got to take a break, but I need to get to a point of what do you want us to do? Three O three seven one three talks seven one three A two five five Go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance check up free no obligation comparison call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three all three seven seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hey Tom Martina here, welcome to the whole gang. Here Major Mark Major, We got everybody here. Let's go to the phones and see what we can do to help you. And uh three O three seven one three talks seven one three eight two five five. Uh So Steve was giving us his his long story about how they are changing out these censers over and over and over under recall and it's a pain in the ass. It is, it's inconvenient, it's terrible. Have you ever thought about switching to another dealer? That my exact thoughts. I'd get it over to McDonald honday.
Speaker 18: Brother.
Speaker 4: I like McDonald honday.
Speaker 5: They got a brand new service center office C four seventy. That is, it is the mac Daddy mac Daddy.
Speaker 13: So what we are.
Speaker 9: We're considering that one hundred percent. The problem is is I started with these guys. I didn't want to reinvent the wheel going to a different service center. But when this thing is finally under my skin, under my seat, if you will, I'm gonna dump this car. I won't buy a Hyundai again. I swear to God this experience.
Speaker 5: Well, I don't think you can blame the whole problem on a bad dealership.
Speaker 4: I mean, these guys suck it, fix some stuff.
Speaker 9: Well that's the other part is you know I started there. I wanted to finish it there. And if it comes down to it where yeah, I can't dump it and get into something better. Maybe Yeah, I'll think it over to mc donald the hope that God it doesn't break again.
Speaker 4: Yeah but wait, wait a minute. Though, in general, Hyundai's a pretty dependable brand, are they.
Speaker 9: I don't have that experience. I couldn't tell you that.
Speaker 4: Well, he definitely has it fair enough, huh.
Speaker 5: The best advice we can give you is what we just told you, though, Get it the hell out of a rapa ho HONDI. I told you they used to charge fifty cents for coffee when you were buying a car.
Speaker 4: Oh god, we got more. We got more coming up on The Troubleshooter Show. Three all three seven one three talks seven one three eight two five five stick around, Go with a sure thing Denver's Best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Three time for an insurance check up free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two ye.
Speaker 2: Ripped of.
Speaker 1: New need advice?
Speaker 2: Who you don't have? Come running as fast as we can.
Speaker 1: Shooter's gonna help, come man.
Speaker 3: Six is the Troubleshooter Show. No Tom Martino, Hello.
Speaker 4: Tom Martino here? Three O three seven one three talk seven one three A two five five What who's doing the thumbs down on my screen? How the hell did that happen? How did you see that? There's a gesture going on like it keeps throwing down down. Is that coming from YouTube or where? No, you must be doing that. Don't worry, I'm not doing it anyway. Welcome to the show, folks. For those not on the screen, welcome. Hey, Dave's got a question. But this is a consumer show. We talk about basically everything. Okay, anything that you want to talk about, you call us. If you need help, you call us. We have Integer Insurance with us today, and they do health insurance made simple and smart.
Speaker 6: It really is.
Speaker 4: I mean, I can't even imagine, I, honest to God, cannot imagine trying to shop for health insurance on my own. I just can't imagine it. It is so varied and the same thing when it came to the supplements, so I just depended on them ever since the exchange came out or actually, no, we were dealing with you before Obamacare. I've known you for years. That's right. For Obamacare, was it easier to find insurance or harder?
Speaker 6: Depends dependent on your health, right, You're.
Speaker 4: Right, because there were pre existing conditions and all of that.
Speaker 7: But but certainly, yeah, processes are always complicated to a degree. So, but everything's online now, all the all the applications, everything, Okay.
Speaker 4: And uh, Dave, you have a question on selling a business, Dave, go ahead, Sir, Mark has sold a business or two. What's going on?
Speaker 14: Yeah, I've got a.
Speaker 11: Business I'm thinking about selling, and I was wondering if you could recommend a good business broker that.
Speaker 13: I could speak with.
Speaker 4: You may or may not need a broker. I just want to talk about the common football pitfalls of selling a business though in general. What is your what is your business? What kind?
Speaker 2: Uh?
Speaker 11: It's a crane business? A service, crane service?
Speaker 4: Oh okay? And is it a crane service for delivering stuff like hot tubs to houses? Or is a crane service for construction sites?
Speaker 13: Yeah?
Speaker 11: Construction?
Speaker 13: And how the yeah?
Speaker 4: Both just anything, just a crane service. And so again, these are these are just enlightening questions. I like to ask. Do you when you sell, will you be selling the mostly equipment or is their real estate involved?
Speaker 11: No real estate, There'll there'll be equipment.
Speaker 4: And the business book, okay, and the business book is it recurring?
Speaker 2: It is?
Speaker 11: Yes, sir, I've been in.
Speaker 4: How much of it is recurring? Because that's all they care about. How much of it is recurring?
Speaker 11: Oh like ninety plus percent?
Speaker 4: Oh, you got regular clients? That need crane service. That's good. What are your gross revenues?
Speaker 11: Oh, it'll be probably. I think we're at six hundred thousand this year.
Speaker 4: And what are your expenses?
Speaker 11: I don't have all that in front of me, Tom, I mean, are they are?
Speaker 4: I mean what I mean is, let's talk about equipment. How old is your equipment?
Speaker 11: I have some two two thousand and six machines and a twenty and fourteen machine.
Speaker 4: How long do they last?
Speaker 11: Oh? Forever? I have a ninety nine machine that I can I don't use.
Speaker 4: But what do they cost? Those machines?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 11: Like the twenty fourteen machine would be around a little over half a million.
Speaker 4: Now, okay, So your equipment altogether, if you added it up right now on a really fair price, what would your equipment be worth right now?
Speaker 11: Six hundred thousand?
Speaker 4: And your your your book of business is five to six hundred a year, Sir? Would you say your expenses are? Are are run on a thir.
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 11: I would say twenty five at the most.
Speaker 4: Mark, What do you think I was asking all these questions? What do you think, Mark? Now that you've heard all that, I don't know what he's looking for in the price. So let's just throw what I'm thinking though, I mean, is I'm just curious. Two million is what I was thinking with the equipment. But Mallory, my CPA of many, many, many many years, has lots of connections and has helped put together deals on lots of businesses, including some of the financing side of it, the valuation of the business, and then of course actually finding or knowing people that might want to actually buy the business.
Speaker 5: So I would give him as a suggestion. And then the other ones that can help you on a referral list is uh, the Retirement Center Tom. They they specialize in selling businesses as well.
Speaker 4: Yeah, rpcenter dot com OURP center.
Speaker 2: Thank you.
Speaker 4: Now, as far as you're business goes, though, were you thinking two million? I'm thinking a little more because the equipment is a half okay, and then but then excuse me, the equipment is about yeah, five or six hundred right now, you have you have about five or six hundred in a year and maybe twenty five percent expense. So if it's spinning off.
Speaker 5: Let's say you're doing I did basically three times in three years, he's gonna pull down about a half a million.
Speaker 4: That's what I assume and then the equipment.
Speaker 5: And that's where I got two million, three times earnings and then plus equipment.
Speaker 4: Okay, three times so time. But did you take into consideration the twenty five percent expense?
Speaker 2: Uh?
Speaker 5: No, I didn't, but I still think maybe around two million. What I I just don't know anything about that business.
Speaker 4: I just have no idea. But if he has a recurring book, how long has that recurring book been going on.
Speaker 11: I've been in business well over twenty years.
Speaker 4: Man, you got something good to sell? Man, I'm telling you, don't you have? Like, do you have any offspring that are interested?
Speaker 11: I was just gonna mention that I have a twenty seven year old son, but he does operate a machine forst does a fantastic job, really really good at it, know the customers, but has no interest in running the business. So and okay, wow, pushing pushing seventy So that's.
Speaker 4: Too bad, man, What a nice little cash flow situation. And that's a really nice business, Dave, You've built a really nice business, you know what you know? As far as brokers, yeah, that is probably something that's going to need a broker. Don't brokers charge about fifteen percent?
Speaker 2: Though?
Speaker 11: I think ten ten plus, Yeah, maybe maybe more. I'm not I'm not certain.
Speaker 4: Yeah, call up Mallory over at Smith and Levine. Okay, Yeah, here's a lady or a Mallory is an accountant? Is a man?
Speaker 12: Yeah, a man?
Speaker 11: I'm sorry, Okay, I'll give you well for sure, for sure.
Speaker 4: If you're approaching seventy, man, you better get out of business. You're just I don't even know how you can make it into the office every night.
Speaker 6: I get shot.
Speaker 4: I hear those kind of numbers.
Speaker 11: I'm I'm kind of like Tom. I'm get me on the proco ball court.
Speaker 6: Let's go.
Speaker 4: Yeah, let's have fun anyway, Okay, Dave, I hope that helps. But Mallory's a good source to start. And then Rpcenter dot com Retirement Planning Center of the Rockies is not bad. Three all three seven one three tong seven one three eight two five five. And we do have our guests with us from Integra Insurance about health insurance. And someone wants to know about group plans. Do you guys do group plans for businesses?
Speaker 6: We do small group.
Speaker 4: So what is a small group?
Speaker 6: Typically under fifty employees?
Speaker 4: Under fifty Oh, that's pretty large. Okay, So larger than that are different kinds of brokers.
Speaker 6: Yes, sir. Okay, now who focus on those larger groups, Yes, sir?
Speaker 4: On these smaller plans, what's the big hang up? In other words, is it cheaper to get a group plan or to allow or do you have to do you have to You don't have to provide insurance, right.
Speaker 6: Not for if you have less than fifty employees, you don't, not.
Speaker 4: Less, but you can as an approach as a way to attract and keep employees, right sure, okay, with group plans, This is my question, not to Texters, they wanted to know if you did it. I want to know this. Are employers always obligated to kick in a portion?
Speaker 7: It's certainly recommended, but again under a under fifty No, But if you're offering it, you should.
Speaker 6: There's no point in you offering it if you're not contributing.
Speaker 4: You don't get discounts because of a group No.
Speaker 7: Actually, in Colorado, and it does vary by state, but in Colorado, group premiums in pretty much every rating area are higher than the individual and family market.
Speaker 6: So there are other options as well.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you could do something for your employees, like an allowance for it well, so there is something called an EKRA.
Speaker 7: It's called an individual coverage Health Reimbursement arrangement.
Speaker 4: Oh, that's cool.
Speaker 6: That allows you to contribute pre tax just like a group.
Speaker 4: I can contribute pre tax to an employee.
Speaker 7: Well, yes, for them to go shop the individual market. But there's still a lot of there's there's a lot to that and documentation and all of those things regulation as well.
Speaker 4: But the business gets to give pre tax money to their employee to reimburse them. Yes, sir, that's a pretty cool plan. I mean, especially if group plans are more expensive, why would you ever do a group plan? I don't get that.
Speaker 7: Well, so the group market allows you PPO options, so a network of doctors and hospitals that is nationwide, where you don't have that option on the individual market. And so for for a lot of groups, that's an important benefit is to be able to have that PPO nationwide network. Okay, so that's really I mean, that's that's one of the big difference.
Speaker 4: The group plans are the ones that truly take advantage of the PPOs.
Speaker 6: Yes, sir, there are no PPO options on the individual Hey, Mark.
Speaker 4: Let me bring you up here.
Speaker 5: Are you still on Kaiser yeah, I've had Kaiser actually through Integra for god Man, I don't know how many years. And then prior to that, when I owned the Good Years, we had around fifty employees and I had Kaiser for my employees, and then prior to that, I had Kaiser through my computer stores. I've had Kaiser for probably twenty years.
Speaker 4: Okay, Anyway, I think you had a love hate relationship for a while. Sometimes you love them, sometimes you don't.
Speaker 5: The worst part I ever ran into with Kaiser, the worst thing. I mean, I've had some I don't want to say I've had some issues, but I dig not everything goes great. But the biggest issue I had was during COVID, how they wanted to cram those shots into you more than any doctors I ever. I mean, you couldn't even wake up without getting a text from them to get in and get your shot before you die.
Speaker 4: They were so heavy duty on that stuff. It was just so overboard. It was crazy. By the way, Mark being on Medicare right, so you would not believe the emails Medicare sends out to seniors on on on this vaccine. My god, are they just like it's like every day you're getting hounded.
Speaker 5: There's everybody people, everybody I know, and I think not this year, but last year you fell into this. That's got that double vaccine you have advertised where you get the flu in the COVID at once.
Speaker 4: Including deputy doc. It knocks there in the dirt. I mean, it just didn't. I've never had that double thing.
Speaker 2: I know.
Speaker 4: No, no, no, I thought you did. Last know. The thing that knocked the hell out of me was I had the the shingrits, the pneumonia and the other. There were three things. They were just as you get older. I guess no moment you knocked them all out. Oh yes, well no, no, what's that one? Oh yeah, that's right, the respiratory thing. You're right. I had those three and couldn't get out of bed the next Oh man, uh yeah, that was something. Okay, we got to take this quick break three O three seven on three A two five five go with a sure thing Denver's Best roofer Excel roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance check up free no obligation comparison call compass insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out Now three oh three seven seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two Time three seven one three Talk three oh three seven to one, three eight two five five eight eight eight Heating dot Com. Remember for the UH forty five dollars Deep Clean eight eight eight heating dot Com. I want to remind you of them. They're good people and this is the time of year to get things fixed. So we have Integra Insurance with us and we're taking your problems, questions and complaints. And uh Kachina, let's talk about uh Jeffy Lube. I want to go back to that. In the beginning of the show here it was UH soil.
Speaker 16: Change Gear Oil change Gearmo Diaz called in and he had an issue with Jeffy Lube, and he gave me two numbers, one to the local manager of the Jiffylube that he was at and then one to the district regional manager. So I talked to both of them, and unfortunately, because of corporate responsible and things like that, they were not able to come on the show, but they do say that there is a motor. They want to change out the motor because they realize that they did do damage and they're willing to do that. But unfortunately Geirmo has not answered them back.
Speaker 4: He said he hasn't heard from that.
Speaker 5: Well that's kind of funny because he's saying the same thing. I mean, that's ridiculous.
Speaker 4: So so saying he hasn't heard from.
Speaker 16: Them, right, So I left a message for Girmo back and I have not heard anything back yet.
Speaker 6: But that's the update on that.
Speaker 14: Hmm.
Speaker 4: Interesting. Okay, sod did we call him back? Did you say you were trying to call him back to tell.
Speaker 16: Him I loved him a message.
Speaker 4: I'm trying me just all right, that's good. Look at he ought to call and say, look, I was told you're going to take care of this, so take care of it please. Okay, and let me go back to let me go back to my texts. Okay, this guy said what do you do about this? To my fellow neighbors. This is a posting that he copied on our text. I wanted to make you aware of three oh three Roofing and Construction Now, did we have a problem with them? Three oh three? I believe we did. Let's go into our memory base anyway, three oh three Roofing and Construction and Josh Sandoval absolutely I remember this, okay. He requested ten thousand dollars upfront to begin work on my roof Now, of course I negotiated a five thousand dollars down payment. So this person thought they were protecting themselves. It's been three months and not heard a word. That is just goes to show you people don't put a penny down with roofers, do you hear me? Not a penny with roofers. Josh Sandoval is a scumbag with three to zero three roofing. So that is coming in through my text, and you know, here's what pisses me off. These are clear violations of the Contractor's Trust Act, which is meant to be civil but then criminal. We have this justin what's his name, that Jerk Gustin justin Garcia, and who's been now I know Bo's been doing. Were you the one in touch with the El Paso No, it was Bo with a Passo District attorney.
Speaker 6: That was Bo.
Speaker 17: I was in touch with the Colorado Attorney General's office and the police department.
Speaker 4: Now the El Paso County won't do anything a Passo County because they say that it's a civil matter, and they're full of crap. It can be a civil matter if it was a simple contract matter. But this is where the guy stole from her completely, sixty two thousand dollars. He's a liar and he's a thief. He's a liar and a thief Justin Garcia. He's a liar and a thief, and I want to give out his information. I'm trying to find it here on our call screener. But man, I'm telling you, this guy is just such a scumbag. Okay, here he is. In June of twenty twenty three, she contracted for a custom built for a custom build on a cabin. Okay, she wanted to have this cabin put on her property. She contacted the company and bought the cabin, but then went to Justin Garcia and paid him sixty two thousand dollars down two years ago. He's never done a liquor work, period, not one liquor work. Sixty two thousand dollars and this stupid moronic El Paso County District Attorney is just sluffing it off, saying, oh, that's a civil matter. You know what it means when they say it's a civil matter. Well, sometimes it is a civil matter, but most of the time it means I'm on the public dole, I'm sitting on my ass and I don't want to do anything that really helps people. That's what it means for al Paso County District Attorney. Now, has anyone questioned the al Paso County District Attorney and said, could you give us your reasoning on the air? Can we do that?
Speaker 11: Bo?
Speaker 4: I know bo is probably listening today. Let's do that, because that really sucks that they This is a clear violation that money was not put into trust. Now, when you have violations of the Contrastors Trust Act, yes, it's civil when it is person to person, but when they do something so blatant, it can become criminal and prosecutable. Unless you're in al Paso County. I don't underst stand them at all. It was al Paso County though, right, that was the one she was dealing with.
Speaker 6: That's the email that I saw from BO.
Speaker 4: I'm just really pissed off. I saw the email to they won't help. Is the state Attorney General going to help?
Speaker 17: Well, apparently they had a meeting with Phil Weisner himself a few days ago in this matter, and they haven't told me what, if anything, they're going to do. They just asked me to kind of stand by, and the AG's office said that they'll get back to me.
Speaker 4: This is a sixty two thousand dollars theft from an elderly woman, sixty two grand. This is why we need them.
Speaker 5: This is why we need more people like George Brockler that are actually hard on real crime. I don't care if it's economical, because here's the bottom line. Sixty three thousand dollars could be that person's entire life, entirely it is.
Speaker 17: It is ray the last of her money. She's old, broke, lonely, and scared.
Speaker 5: These liberal das should get their head out of their asses and prosecute these contractors like this guy.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's it's really terrible, It really is.
Speaker 5: You know, when Florida they take these guys down, they would, Man, they don't mess around and with contractors.
Speaker 4: In Florida, No Mark, not only that, listen to this in Florida when it's a felony over a certain amount of money, I think a thousand or two whatever. If you have three of them, there are actually contractors sentenced to life life. You know they had. It wasn't long ago. I think it was a week ago. After the hurricane.
Speaker 5: They came out and the one sheriff maybe it was a governor or himself said, you know, you loot, we shoot, And they're not kidding.
Speaker 6: God.
Speaker 4: You know again, it's an election year, people are going to vote. Just remember where crime is rampant and where crime is not. How about that one just going by crime itself, you know, just think about that three oh three seven one three talk.
Speaker 5: It's it's a sad place we're at when it comes to crime. It's hard to believe that we have such political differences at one side, like thinks crime is fine. If you can shoplift anything you want under a thousand bucks, no problem.
Speaker 4: Will cut you out.
Speaker 5: You can beat up cops cops in New York City, kick them in the face, do all this stuff, and they let you out on bail.
Speaker 4: I mean, how about with zero mo Colorado you can steal cars?
Speaker 5: Oh my god, we were the worst, the worst with car staffs because our governor, everybody out there listening, less than three weeks to go for just please, please, for God's sake, just think of the crime. I've lived here thirty years. It used to be a pretty nice damn place.
Speaker 4: Well.
Speaker 15: You know what's really scary, guys, if you ever watch some of the hearings on YouTube of the Republicans questioning the Democratic nominees for circuit and federal court judges, you will be sixty a stomach about some of the judges that are being put on the bench.
Speaker 14: It is absolutely disgusting.
Speaker 5: That goes on both sides. For sure, we got some. There's some crazy white wing, right wing judges.
Speaker 4: They're not like these.
Speaker 14: They won't. They actually gave a list of all.
Speaker 5: Times doctor crime. Stuff's incredibly bad. I don't even know how they do it. Yeah, but somehow, how do you look at how do you look at cop or or anybody that got the crap beat out of them by some gang member that they arrested. How do you look them in the eyes when you don't even charge them for bail and cut them loose and then they do it again. How do you look at the next victim? It's remarkable, I know, and then hold on now, no wait, I want to say one more thing. When it comes to Colorado, you know, they want to make it sound like this Aurora complex.
Speaker 4: Oh, Trump's just making it up. I saw the video.
Speaker 5: Does anybody doubt there weren't people with high capacity weapons that when I related to a gang walking around.
Speaker 4: Mark Mark Mark, I just watched next on Denying News and Denying News says it didn't happen. It's crazy. It's like the lady actually made up the video.
Speaker 5: By the way, the lady that got that video was at the rally last week and she came.
Speaker 4: Up and talked with Trump. Did you see and then and then then the mayor did you wait to say a discussion with Vance on on the one show where where the woman was hollowed, they changed the answer no, no, no, no, talk about where Vance and and this blonde woman, I forget who she was. She was saying, you know, we looked into that Aurora, Colorado apartment house thing, and it was sadly exaggerated. Here's what she said, only a handful of apartment. How As we're taken over and the cent Aurora police dealt with it, and he says, excuse me in the United States of America. You're saying that's not a problem, that only a handful of apartment houses were taken over, and Donald Trump is the problem.
Speaker 2: You know it was.
Speaker 4: It was such an amazing exchange, and uh, of course that's nothing you're going to see on denying News. Anyway. We got more coming up on the Troubleshooter Show. Go with a sure thing Denver's Best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance checkup free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three all three seven seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hi Tom Martino, you're Troubleshooter three O three seven one three talk three oh three seven one three eight two five five. Welcome to the show. Okay, so let me grab some texts here and we're going to first go to Grandmo Garamo, who had the problem with the contractor. Let's go here. Okay, so do we have an update on oh oh, on the uh on the jeep? Grandma, what's going on?
Speaker 18: Hey, good afternoon, Tell Latin, how are you good?
Speaker 4: What's happening? Oh? This is a new this is a new one. I'm sorry. I thought this was a follow up. I'm sorry. This is about a roofer correct, Okay, what's going on?
Speaker 2: Well?
Speaker 18: I guess basically, uh, you know, three months down the road. I gave him a check on July second week, we went under contract. On June twentieth. We signed a contract. We have all the documentations. I gave him a check of five thousand dollars.
Speaker 4: Now is this the and which one is this? Is this the one I was reading about?
Speaker 18: Yes, I just called him a little bit ago. His name, his name is Josh dand the ball.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we've had three oh three and he's using someone else's contract. Now, as as I remember, what, didn't three to oh three tell us that this Josh Sandoval had nothing to do with them? I thought that's what they told us. Yeah, hold on, here's the one I have. Here's the one I have.
Speaker 2: Uh?
Speaker 4: Kayla called us about three oh three roofing and Construction LLC and Josh Sandoval and Josh Sandoval is at seven to zero three two zero eighty three eighty seven Unit one on Yukon Street in Denver. She paid six grand up front. He never came back. The company three zero three Construction Roofing into Constructions say they don't even know the guy and have nothing to do with him. Apparently, yeah, he is using someone else's contract.
Speaker 18: From my understanding. From that, there's a guy by his website's like legit and stuff. His name is the three or three Construction, But this guy has a I don't know if if it's a stake contract or documentation that he's using by he's going by the name of three O three Roofing and Construction. I did call Brian Moore, which is the owner of that three yo three construction company, and he gave me some information that this person Josh a found the wall is using his contract contract illegally inofense. I'm not sure if he's submitted paperwork or called the deputies or any.
Speaker 4: How long ago did you pay him? How long ago?
Speaker 18: Dave him a check July second, a check of five thousand dollars and he said with him that sign from you know, because of the catastrophic event that happened in the Thornin area that we would be looking at between two to three weeks for installation, which was fine, you know at the end of that, and you never.
Speaker 4: Heard from a mcganbal and you never heard from him again.
Speaker 18: I have, but he's like he stocked contacting me the communication at all. I've called the deputies. They can't really do anything. They all they just guess is bring a small claims court. But I just think it's wrong, disper Why is it?
Speaker 4: Why is it that law enforcement will not get involved with people who outright steal money like this? Why is it? I mean, really we have to start. We really need to contact some people with the local district attorney's offices and talk to them. This is getting to be epidemic.
Speaker 18: And I would just feel horrible if this comes to tap into an olderly you know people, or anybody over on general. It's nonsense that this person is doing this. He's you know, not communicating that with me at all. And you know the thing is that his ex wife referred to him to me. That's that's how I kind of like trusted him a lot. More is because his ex wife is a friend of mine, but these stopped communicating with her at all. She tried to help out, Like he's just being picking it very personal off this point, he's you know, just rude overall. Doesn't have to take accountability at first. He's giving me excuses after excuse of like contractors of contractors doesn't take accountability.
Speaker 4: It's a scam ability, it's a scam. It's just let's just call it what it is. It's a scam factor.
Speaker 18: Yeah, and unfortunately, you know, three months, you know, now it's already like four months that have been in contract with him, and no mindy with just those five hundred dollars se number turn he sent him a threat check cashier's check. But now it's going to be more of a hassle for him to pay me those additional nine payments because he posted on the in the memo that this is the first payment of ten payments, which is, we didn't agree to this to return my money this way, and it's just he's a camera.
Speaker 4: Wait, has he given away did you say he gave you some money back?
Speaker 18: He'd spent a check of five thousand dollars to my home address. I'm sorry, five hundred dollars.
Speaker 4: Sorry, that's my fault, and said he would pay you in five So wait, was it a good check?
Speaker 18: I did was able to pass it. But the thing is that me and him did not come in agreement to this.
Speaker 4: No, no, I understand this, but I just want to know. I want to give credit where credits due. He did return. I'm not saying that's the greatest thing in the world, but he returned five hundred.
Speaker 14: Bucks corrupt five dred dollars yet, and.
Speaker 4: He promises to return more. I want to call him. Who's we had bow handling? This bow isn't here today? Is he? Because we had both?
Speaker 2: Tom? Huh.
Speaker 14: I'll give him a call.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we had that number. Did you get his number? I have his number? You probably Germot has his number two. Talk to him off the air. Three oh three seven one three eight two five five. Go with a sure thing Denver's Best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance check up, free no obligation comparison call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven seven to one. Help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hi Tom Martino here three O three seven one three talk seven one three eight two five five. Okay, so Berta, what's going on with American Airlines?
Speaker 21: Well, my husband, my grandson, and I purchased tickets for a trip on American Airlines, but we had to cancel because my grandson got COVID and they said, okay, we can't return your money, but we'll give you trip credits and we said okay, and it was good for a year, which expired May twenty twenty four. In May twenty seventh. Actually, during that time, we were trying to figure out when we could go on this trip with my grandson being in college and whatnot. That he ended up having job surgery, had to delay it. My husband had back surgery.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but what happened to the what happened to the deadline?
Speaker 21: Well, then when the deadline was coming up, I was making plans with the reservation person and I thought it was expired. Me thirty first and it was May twenty seventh, and when I called on.
Speaker 4: Major, I mean you, I mean three days.
Speaker 21: Well I did because of all this surgery recovery time.
Speaker 4: That we mart hold on, let me take you up and see what's gonna go on. She was talking to him at the time. Went right over the day. We'll see what happened. So stick around. I'll come to you, and Frank I'll get you as well. We also have Integrainsurance dot com. I'm Tom Martino three oh three seven to one three talk or three oh three Martino three oh three six two seven eight four sixty six. Go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content of time for an insurance check up, free no obligation comparison call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 2: Ripped up needed by So you don't have come running just as fast as we can.
Speaker 1: Shooter's gonna help come.
Speaker 3: Man Dix is the Troubleshooter Show now, don Martine.
Speaker 4: Hey, welcome to the show. Three oh three seven one three talk seven one three eight two five five. Let's talk to you about life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness. And we have Mark standing by as you'll see him right there, and we are here to solve problems. You'll see in my studio here. I got Integrat Insurance for talking about buying insurance because it is open enrollment and I want you to join us for that and you can ask any questions you want about buying health insurance. It's very important. And also this how are brought to you by Wave eight Wealth Management. As I announced yesterday, I had started that finance company financial advisement company for a reason. I was sick and tired of the industry, and I did it selfishly six years ago for myself, and then became officially registered with the Securities Division the other day. Officially. We've been working on this for six years and we have a private fund and other things. One hundred percent of my investable money is here with my own company and I would never do anything that I don't do personally. And we are opening it up for a limited number of clients three all three seven seven one help seven seven one four three five seven. That's seven seven one help, three oh three seven seven one help. The website is w eight WM dot com or you can spell it out Waveightwealthmanagement dot com. By the way, just as an aside note here in general, I just want you to know that probably ninety eight percent of every single so called financial advisor you will come up against. And I'm not saying they're doing a bad job even I'm just saying ninety eight percent of them are middleman and do not invest your money. They actually just put you with a broker dealer and make a spread.
Speaker 13: That's right.
Speaker 4: So if you want that, that's fine. If you're doing well, I'm never going to tell you, you know, one thing is better than another. There's the only proof is in the pudd in. So welcome, and we have Major Mark Major on camera with us. If you're joining us by YouTube. We also have John and we have some questions about health insurance and they want to know something about Medicaid. Do you help people if they call you, if they're eligible for Medicaid? What do you do for those people? In other words, if they're not sure they're eligible and you find out they are, what do you do.
Speaker 6: We'll direct them to people who can help them best.
Speaker 7: And so we'll provide the information that they need to connect with people who can help them best on the medicaid side of things.
Speaker 4: And are they government people okay? Do they do a pretty good job, sir? Okay? And Medicaid I just want to get this out is predicated not on what you own, but what you make.
Speaker 6: Well depends, well, tell me what you're talking.
Speaker 7: There's different And again I'm not a medicaid expert. In some well, medicaid expert. But for medical for health care, it is based on your modified adjusted gross income, okay. But for other things, whether it's cash assistance, food assistants, things like that, they do take into account assets. But for health care, if you're applying for health first Colorado for health care, then it is based simply on your modified adjusted gross income.
Speaker 4: Okay, So you're modified adjusted income. Do you know what that is? By any chance?
Speaker 7: Well, so I do recommend you talk to a CPA. I recommend all my clients if you have a good CPA because there are you and get into some weeds with that. And I'm not certified to advise someone of their taxable income, but uh, it's your adjusted gross.
Speaker 6: But then you add back in other times like non taxable.
Speaker 4: Social Security amount. Do you know the amount, oh.
Speaker 7: For someone to be eligible for Medicaid? Well, it depends on your household. If you're if you're a single individual, then it's it's a it's around twenty one thousand, it's and Health First Colorado has this listed on their website as well. What's you you know what those incomes are and.
Speaker 4: It's called health First Colorado.
Speaker 6: Yes, sir, that was rebranded our medicaid was rebranded to that.
Speaker 4: All right? Three oh three seven one three talk seven one three A two five five. So what follow ups do we have as far as far as uh, Mark, you mentioned something that I was curious about. What's that is? Is Brockler running for office again? George, I'm pretty sure he is. Did you say to me three?
Speaker 6: He was?
Speaker 17: Yeah, we had I think it was Brad O. Bryan a few weeks ago who mentioned that there's a newly created district and Broccolar is running for office over there because he's not term limited out in that new district.
Speaker 4: Yeah, because he was term limited in his last one. Mm hm. And so what district is that it's?
Speaker 5: I know it incorporates like Aurora, I think Aurora or a Rapo and whatever Elizabeth's in.
Speaker 4: I don't know what Elizabeth it's. I don't think it's Elpaso, is it? Maybe? I don't know. The one thing that really bothers me is is the downplay that consumer and white collar crime gets. It's just outrageous to me how many contractors are not prosecuted. I mean, I mean truly, I'm talking about people just steal money. I mean, I mean, on what planet is that okay to steal money? You can't do it. It's just wrong. And I'm gonna I'm gonna bring this up and bring it up and bring it up. We have so many of them, so many of them. The number one it just this justin Garcia just takes the cake for sixty two thousand dollars outright theft, outright theft. Now have we tried calling him recently, by the way, because I think people this guy, he is such a thief and he openly is stealing and you know. Here's the thing. Here, here's his number. Let me give us number out Do we have it?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Here's wait a minute, where is oh hey real seven one hold on seven to one nine five seven one zero four three seven justin Garcia seven to one nine five seven one zero four to three seven. He also has a company now called U What is that one that that architect plays in? Eight innate?
Speaker 17: So I'm on their website now. They removed him from their website. He wasted as owner without a photograph and the copy.
Speaker 6: Was in Greek, so he was the only one there Greek.
Speaker 17: Yeah, you know it's web designers use Greek copy as a placeholder for Yeah. So everybody Innate has their photograph and the few paragraphs about themselves, but he had a blank photograph. He had Greek and next to the Greek had said owner. And now I'm on their website right now he's gone from that website where he had himself removed.
Speaker 4: So Mark, what were you going to say?
Speaker 5: Brockler is actually going to be Douglas Elbert in Lincoln County and it's called the twenty fifth Judicial District.
Speaker 4: They broke up. They used to be Tri County, right or no, No, was it called Tri County.
Speaker 6: No, it's the health department that broke up.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's right to tell me. They were in the eighteenth and now they created a new one. And because the rap hole was excuse me, da Albert was thrown in with a rap hole one time, right, Douglas A. Rappo and Albert?
Speaker 18: Was it or not?
Speaker 13: No?
Speaker 10: No?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 4: What?
Speaker 13: Well?
Speaker 4: I don't know, but now it's going to be Douglas Albert and Lincoln. Douglas Albert and Lincoln. Okay, Now we all had questions and we thought we answered it on there, but we didn't. We were talking about it off the air. Somebody asked about the penalty on health insurance. There is no penalty anymore. But that's a long and sordid detail. So technically there is a penalty, but it's zero because the penalty was challenged by law, but the Supreme Court did not hear the case. Is that right, correct?
Speaker 6: Yeah? Supreme Court just tossed it out.
Speaker 4: And so with why they said no standing.
Speaker 6: Standing brought it? I don't remember.
Speaker 7: Okay, I think somebody in California maybe, I'm not sure. So so during the prior administration, the Trump tax cut, they just reduce the penalty to zero dollars, and so that's at least here through twenty twenty five.
Speaker 4: Okay, zero dollars. So instead of because it wasn't challenged, what they did was they reduced it to zero. When that expires in twenty twenty five, what expires the tax cuts do well?
Speaker 6: The Trump tax cuts are twenty five, correct, so it's.
Speaker 4: Part of that will happen. What will happen then to the penalty will go back to them?
Speaker 6: I can't tell. I mean, I guess we'll see what Congress does this next year.
Speaker 4: All right, three oh three seven one three talks seven one three eight two five five. So there is a penalty of zero. It could go back when tax cuts expire. Of course, a lot has to do with what happens in the presidential election, and so god, that's anyone's guess at this point. Three oh three seven one three talk seven one three eight two five five. Okay, now listen to this. We were thrilled. I was just telling my hobby about the Tom Martino list and cannot begin to explain how delighted I was to find you streaming on YouTube. My mom would have been so excited, lol, Okay, by the way, so it says here Albert County, Douglas County. No, no, it's not Elbert and Douglas the twenty fifth it that's very easy to look up. But anyway, let me go back to the phone squake, Berta, what's going on with American Airlines? Go ahead, Berta.
Speaker 21: I talked to you. I had trip credits that they expired, and I wanted to know if you were your customers or your clients. They said, then he had luck with getting them reissued.
Speaker 4: You know what if okay, there is a deadline on those, but.
Speaker 2: We have not.
Speaker 4: I think we had one case where it was a voucher that expired. Was this a voucher or just a trip credit? How would did you get this.
Speaker 21: Credit because we had to cancel a flight?
Speaker 4: No? No, I mean how was it conveyed to you the credit?
Speaker 21: I'm thinking it might have been a voucher. I will have you see, I didn't know there was a difference with vouchers and trip credits.
Speaker 4: Well, some people put if you have an online account, you have trip credits, and sometimes they can be given to your account. Other times people get an actual voucher. It's email to them.
Speaker 21: Well, this is there was a number of a voucher emailed to us, not the physical one, and that voucher, that number won't work anymore.
Speaker 11: It's expired.
Speaker 4: So that's what Okay, that is a voucher. That is a voucher. So here's what I want to ask you. Did you call them and explain to them, like when it was the twenty seventh or when you were on the phone with them and it was about to expire? What did you say to them?
Speaker 21: I told him I had vouchers, that we were getting ready to plan the trip and we were going through that.
Speaker 4: And what did they say.
Speaker 11: That At that time?
Speaker 21: It was fine. They didn't say, hey, you got to make the reservation today, But did.
Speaker 4: You know that it expired in two or three days? When you were on the phone with them, I thought.
Speaker 21: It expired on the thirty first of May, and there was a glitch in the reservation. I was going to check with my husband and call back. When I did call back, they said, oh no, it expired on the twenty seventh, not the thirty first.
Speaker 4: What does your voucher itself say as far as expiration.
Speaker 9: It does say the twenty seventh.
Speaker 4: Oh crap? How much credit was it?
Speaker 21: It came to about one thousand dollars for holy crap.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and they won't reconsider or you don't know.
Speaker 21: Well, I can went online to their customer service, which I was told that's the only way you can talk to them is go online, and I just got an answer right away. It sounded like the standard answer. No, I'm sorry for your inconvenience that we cannot.
Speaker 8: Re issue them.
Speaker 21: That's what I'm telling you to see if if there is another way.
Speaker 4: Well, well, okay, the only other way there might be is if I give it to someone. And I'm thinking maybe I'll give it to Deputy Dollar to call and just see if they'll do it. We've had it done before in special circumstances. KITCHENA, let's see if Dollar can can make a call on this. Let's just see if we can do it. Hold on, Bertha, She'll give that information to Deputy Dollar. Phil, what a your comment? Go ahead, film Phil? Are you there? Yeah? What's your comment?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 20: You know Jerry Polis and Mike Johnson and Bat Kaufman. I heard about a month ago or so where Jerry Polis said that Demmer is not a sanctionary city and Kaufin says that it's not a sanctionary city.
Speaker 6: Well, first of all, is Aurora.
Speaker 13: He's not dead, huh.
Speaker 4: Kaufman is mayor of Aurora. He would have nothing to say.
Speaker 20: About I understand that he said that it's not a sanctionary city neither. But the reason why they have all these gangs there and all these migrants are coming in is because Jerry Polis, Mike Johnson.
Speaker 4: And co.
Speaker 13: Of Aurora. They're afraid. They're scared.
Speaker 4: Okay, Phil, I doubt that. I doubt her.
Speaker 8: I believe that's the truth.
Speaker 4: Okay, Thank you, Phil, No, I do appreciate you calling in three oh three seven one three A two five five. Go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Leave time for an insurance checkup free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven seven one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank Durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hello Tom Arnt you know here, let's talk to Frank. An issue with Mountain High dis Have you ever heard of them at mount Mountain High Disposal?
Speaker 6: No, but I just looked them up.
Speaker 4: Okay, anyway, because D's in the recycling business. Anyway, Frank, what's going on? Oh?
Speaker 22: Can you hear me?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 4: I Ken, Frank, what's going on?
Speaker 2: Man?
Speaker 22: Mountain High dropped off trash and recycle cans. I came home. I think it was Friday, a couple. It's been about three weeks.
Speaker 4: I know your trash company helped me out here. Frank. Are they your trash company?
Speaker 12: No?
Speaker 22: I already have a good relationship with another trash company. First.
Speaker 4: Oh so they just maybe they dropped them off by mistake.
Speaker 10: Oh, I thought so.
Speaker 22: I called him. Uh it was on a Friday. I called him the next week and they said they would make an appointment to come get the cans, but they didn't say when. That Thursday the trash truck stopped and they checked the cans, open them up and leave them there and take off.
Speaker 4: You mean you mean Mountain High left him there?
Speaker 18: So?
Speaker 4: So what are they just out on the curb yep.
Speaker 22: I don't know.
Speaker 4: Maybe they bought that company you used to use.
Speaker 22: No, sir, that company is still picking up my trash.
Speaker 4: That's weird.
Speaker 2: Can.
Speaker 22: Yeah, and I don't know what it could I figured it could be a mistake. I called him again the next week. They wanted to know my name as well as my location. I didn't want to tell them my name. Well, why they don't know my name? But they provided service for me?
Speaker 4: But they can't they Are you afraid they're gonna try to slam you into service?
Speaker 22: I don't know, but I don't know if they even can. But I've seen some really looked at their website. They got bad reviews.
Speaker 4: This is called Mountain on High Disposal, right.
Speaker 22: And they're out of Evans. Their office, I guess, is in Evans.
Speaker 5: Why don't you tell your other trash companies to throw their cans in the trash?
Speaker 4: Yeah? Why do you? Why do you care? Are they really attractive new big cans or are they? What do they look like?
Speaker 22: Well, they're brand new. Their one's got a green top, one's got a black top, one's the recycle and trash, right, Yeah, but I'm looking at I never requested this. I don't want them to. I don't know how they could. If they if they assume me or something, I could provide whatever evidence I have, but it's all hearsays. On my part, I don't have any proof that I did not call them.
Speaker 4: Well, I don't think you'd need that.
Speaker 5: If it really came down to that, I'd charge him for storage to offset whatever they want.
Speaker 4: Well, first of all, they can't charge you for dropping something off and never using it.
Speaker 5: No, no, no, he's saying, charge him if he has his other's trash company, throw him out.
Speaker 22: Yeah, I don't. I don't want any trouble. But you know I have told him twice now that their cans are here, I didn't request them.
Speaker 4: And the response, yeah, what did they say, keep them or what?
Speaker 22: Well, first they wanted to know my name.
Speaker 4: I get that. I get that part. And for some reason you didn't think you should give your name. I get it. Yeah, so I would have given my name and said here's where I live, Come get your cans or I'm throwing them out.
Speaker 22: Well, their response was something like, we'll see what we can do. And that's all I got.
Speaker 4: And you know what, I'd forget about it. I'd forget about it. Do they have logos on them on those cans.
Speaker 22: I got their phone number from their logo on the side.
Speaker 4: I just I don't know what to tell you. I wouldn't let it bother me. I get rid of them. I would too.
Speaker 22: I don't know how I might have to pay for somebody to just.
Speaker 4: Have your trash company. Now, throw them in the back. They're plastic, they'll crush right up.
Speaker 22: Okay, maybe I'll call.
Speaker 4: And see you know, you have no obligation. You have no obligation to take care of them. I'm I might even consider late at night just wheeling them down the street and then the.
Speaker 22: I don't want to make it someone else's problem.
Speaker 4: I did no, No, I don't mean in front of someone's house. I just mean down the street. But anyway, you gotta do what you gotta do. Man, I don't know what to tell you. If if they don't give a damn, then I wouldn't give a damn.
Speaker 17: Okay, send them a certified letter if you want to protect yourself, telling him that they delivered the cans to your address. You didn't ask them for me, you didn't contract for the service, and then you're done.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and just say the hell with you, I might do that.
Speaker 22: I think I think a neighbor is bothered by them because somebody put them up on the sidewalk the other night and the.
Speaker 4: Wait, wait a minute, are they delivering more than just your house? No, he's saying the neighbor moved his because they're an eyesore.
Speaker 22: Right, And they go down the street and come back. So I don't know if there's any other customers.
Speaker 4: Okay, I got it. Listen, man, I would just not worry too much about it at this point. I'm serious. I don't know what else to tell you. I'm gonna talk to Pamela on the way back, and then we're going to talk to Rob about cam Solar. Cam Solar they're pretty good company. At one time we did business with them where they were on a referless years ago. We'll see what's going on with that. I'm Tom Martinez three O three seven one three talk three oh three seven one three eight two five five. By the way, if you are looking for financial advisors who put their money where their mouth is and actually invest your money along with their own, that's only one wave eight Weealthmanagement dot Com three oh three seven seven to one help and here's a disclaimer. I am the owner, so I need to tell you that, and I am I stand to profit from this company, but of course we hope everyone will. That's a wave eight Wealthmanagement dot Com. Go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel Roofing dot Com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance check up free no obligation comparison call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at of insurance companies find out now three all three seven seven one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three all three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. I'm Tom Martino. I want to talk to Justin who called in? He says he's Justin with Patriot Construction. Okay, is this Justin Garcia? Hello?
Speaker 18: Hello?
Speaker 4: Is this Justin Garcia?
Speaker 23: My name is Justin. I'm gonna are you talking with you guys? Briefly?
Speaker 4: Yeah, this is me. Are you the one that dealt with Carol? The thing we've been talking about?
Speaker 23: You guys are slandering me right? Starting my personal information out there so people can call.
Speaker 4: Is your name Justin Garcia? I don't know who you are. I need to know who you are? Is it Justin Garcia?
Speaker 23: You know I am?
Speaker 6: Dude?
Speaker 23: You know who I am.
Speaker 4: You're a scumbag liar and a thief. That's who you are. A scum bag, liar and a thief.
Speaker 23: Good.
Speaker 4: Yeah, guess what, Justin? I am calling you a scumbag liar and a cheat. That's right. My name's Tom Martino and I'm calling you out for being a scumbag and a liar and a cheat. And that's my opinion, and I'm free to have it. And I'll tell you why you took sixty two thousand dollars and did nothing.
Speaker 13: Can I talk now?
Speaker 4: Yep?
Speaker 23: Number one. The proper introduction is it's nice to meet you over the radio.
Speaker 4: I've never Beenah, shut up, man, it's not nice to meet you, Justin because you're a scumbag.
Speaker 23: That's how you get your But I mean, do you get like Erry Springer?
Speaker 4: Just where's the money, dude?
Speaker 2: That's it?
Speaker 4: Where's the money?
Speaker 6: Justin?
Speaker 17: Can you give the lady her sixty two thousand dollars back?
Speaker 2: Please?
Speaker 23: Wait a minute?
Speaker 4: Wow, Wait a minute hold on, hold on, No, he does have a point. Wait a minute, he does have a point, Justin, You're absolutely right. No, No, I'm serious, you do have a point. I'm gonna let you talk, Mark, Let's let him talk. Go ahead, Justin, you do have a point. Go ahead.
Speaker 23: Simple, that's all I want to say. I have a signed contract with set customer. The said customer is very welcome to take me to the litigation so we can go before judge or whatever have you, magistrates, and we can tell our sides of the swords.
Speaker 6: What is your side of the story?
Speaker 4: Though, Hey, Justin, may I ask you a question? I'm under the Contractor's Trust Act. All money for a job is supposed to be put in trust for that job.
Speaker 23: I'll let my lawyer deal with any of those questions.
Speaker 4: May I May I talk? Okay? Good, I agree your lawyer should May I talk to your attorney?
Speaker 23: Why would I allow a radio host to talk to you my You.
Speaker 4: Know he doesn't have one because you don't have an attorney or a lion thief. That's why if you had an attorney, you would love for me to talk to your attorney so your attorney could set me straight. Because if your attorney gives me a legal reason to believe that you should keep that sixty two thousand dollars. I will sing your praises.
Speaker 13: Well.
Speaker 23: First of all, I'm an adult, so I get decide what I do with my attorney, what.
Speaker 4: I don't do, and justin let me explain something to you. You're not the last person who said why should I talk to a talk show host. I'm going to tell you why because you're I'm never going away for you, bro, You're going and if I do Markle takeover, you will be destroyed for this because you are a liar and a thief. You are a liar and a thief.
Speaker 23: Oh dude, dude, is this what you do? You have people badger me call my phone to get on your show. I get on your show, and then as soon as I get on your show, you're talking.
Speaker 6: Okay, you talk.
Speaker 4: I let you say, call the attorney. Then you don't give any information on the attorney. I let you talk. And you said, according to a contract, you're happy to let her take you to court and let a judge decide now. And then I said, are you familiar with the Contractor's Trust Act? And you said, let my attorney answer that, And I said, can I talk to your attorney? And you said, why should I care to have a talk show host talked to my attorney? So Justin, don't say that you're not getting to talk. You're just talking diarrhea out of your mouth.
Speaker 23: No exactly, I said, why why wouldn't my attorney address you if we have to go to court? Of course my attorney will address it at that.
Speaker 4: You know, this woman doesn't have money to take this money. This woman doesn't have money to take you to court. So you know what I want you to do. I want you to take me to court, Justin, so I can tear you up and spit you out. Guess what, Justin, I have the money to fight you. So come after me, you dirty, rotten piece of crap. Come after me because I will show through discovery what a thief.
Speaker 23: I'm after you. Why would I come after you.
Speaker 4: Well, you're going to because I'm calling you a liar and a thief, and I plan to prove it. How about that?
Speaker 23: Okay, you can prove it once I produce the contract. Everything for you is to put bro You're just trying.
Speaker 18: To get ratings.
Speaker 4: Oh, I don't have to worry about ratings. I'm seventy one years old. I've been on the air nearly fifty years. Do you really think I care about you and ratings? Come on, sir, Justin, Listen, listen, Justin. You know what, Justin, you're in the little leagues. You're in the little leagues, and you're dealing with the big leagues right now. Give me your attorney's name and I'll chew him up and spit him out. Give me your attorney's name. You don't have an attorney, a liar, you don't have one. Here, let me explain something. Everything that I'm telling you, everything that I'm telling.
Speaker 23: You, it's all psychological what you're doing.
Speaker 4: So, really, you're such a you know what. Hold on? He is such a genius, he said, everything I'm doing is psychology. No, you're such a wise man. You took sixty two grand from a senior citizen and you've done nothing.
Speaker 23: Have you talked to Miss Holcom? Have you talked to miss.
Speaker 4: Numerous numerous times? Numerous times? So they want to talk to her right now. We'll get her on the air with you.
Speaker 8: Please, please listen, Let's get her on killing No, hold on, hold.
Speaker 4: On, god, Wait, wait, wait, wait, no, go ahead, go ahead, Justin. I'll listen.
Speaker 23: Go ahead, dude, dude, dude, this is the last thing I want to say.
Speaker 10: Okay, I am more.
Speaker 23: Than willing to go to any litigation with my contract signed by miss Holcombe that proved she had some due diligence she needed to perform prior to the bills. It's very very clear in the contract.
Speaker 5: So so you're saying you've done absolutely nothing, which we know, and you think it's valid to keep sixty two thousand dollars.
Speaker 4: Maybe you are owed a few bucks.
Speaker 5: If you actually did anything, But how do you justify keeping sixty two thousand dollars?
Speaker 4: Here's the thing. Justin the Contractor's Trust.
Speaker 23: Act, it's simple. It Can I say something?
Speaker 10: Can I say something?
Speaker 23: It's simple when you ask someone that, it's simple. A business is a business, correct. So if you were to buy a home and you made really horrible decisions, it does not mean it don't owe on the home.
Speaker 4: So you admit doing business with you was a horrible decision. Mark, Wait, justin, you brought up a good point. Yeah, someone Justin said if someone justin, if someone bought a home and they made a bad decision, you're absolutely right, they would be stuck with the home. You're absolutely right. She didn't buy anything from you, tracted with you, and under the law, the money she put down was supposed to be put in trust before we even go into assessing her for what you believe she owes. You can't prove that that money is held in trust.
Speaker 23: Again, I know you're fishing for some answers here. You're not going to get legal answers from me during this conversation.
Speaker 4: We're not getting any answers from you, let alone legal answers. By the way, are you yet twenty one? Because you sound like a you sound like a fool. You're just on the air sounding like a little fool. You're messing. You're messing with someone who knows how to outdo you.
Speaker 10: I've been the war twice.
Speaker 23: I served my country honorably.
Speaker 4: Well, I'm not talking about I'm not talking about your service record. Your service record has nothing to do with this.
Speaker 23: I've never been I've never been arrested. So please listen, respectful, people that you know nothing about man justin.
Speaker 4: I do know one thing about you. You took sixty two thousand.
Speaker 23: Dollars for my story about me. You know a story about me. You don't have no story it's true or not. You just know a story about me.
Speaker 4: You've acknowledged the story. That story is true. You took sixty two thousand.
Speaker 23: Dollars just speaking on facts. Do you have a number one?
Speaker 10: Number one?
Speaker 23: Let's be adult sho you run a radio show? Did you verify if she did or did not have a contract with me?
Speaker 6: Yes, we have a copy of it, and we have a copy of the cashier's chair.
Speaker 4: Yes, sir, Yes we did, Yes, we did. If you have a contract, we gotta take, we gotta Justin. I'm sorry, but as you said, I am a talk show host. I do have to take a break. You're welcome to stay on. But let me just explain something to you. And I promise you this, I mean this. Why don't you prepare a written statement so every single word of what you want to say will be included whenever I talk about you. I promise you that, Justin, and you can email it to us and uh kitchina give him our email address. I got more coming right up? Go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance checkup free, no obligation comparison call Compass Insurance Paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out Now three oh three seven seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand thereal estate man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two