Speaker 1: A lot of them fund the Metal Principles of Aledo sell of interesting and any individual lots.
Speaker 2: This is the show, all right, everybody, welcome here run Brook Show on this Friday, seven nineteenth. I hope everybody had a fantastic weekend.
Speaker 1: It's it's less than a week to Christmas and you're looking forward to that. I'm looking forward to the weekend. I hear it's snowing in Michigan or there's snow on the ground in Michigan and it's really pretty okay, but it's gold. Let's see. Yeah, let's just jump in this. The last few days there's been a big conference, a big event out in Phoenix, service own, the Turning Point USA America Fest America Fest. It's not even a conference, it's a festival. It's it's it's a big confidence the Turning Point USA does every year, and I guess this year is the first year, you know, after the murder of Charlie Cook, the founder of Turning Point USA, and you know, all the leading I don't know what would you call them, America first, right of center, right of center conservatives, people call themselves conservatives. All they're they're all speaking. It is it is a big gathering. I understand thirty thousand people assigned up for this, many of them, many of them students, I mean, my dream, my dream, and yet they did not invite me to speak. That's the news. The news is I was not invited speak in front of thirty thousand, thirty thousand of these of these students and young people, which is a shame, but not surprising at all. Anyway, It's turned out that turning point, you will say, has become this battleground, battleground for the future of I guess the conservative movement, a certain segment of the conservative movement. How to tell who you know, who they're fighting for? The hearts of minds, I think of the young people a turning point. Turning Point is a massive organization. I think it's got over a million members now. And who is going to shape this organization, Who's going to shape the direction, who's going to be the influential voices within the organization is really a bat between. I guess you would have to argue two sides, one represented by Ben Shapiro and the other represent by Tucker Coffs and candas Ow uh and uh and Uh, Steve Bannon and others. Uh and others uh uh and and they're or making Kelly making Kelly's probably in that camp as well. And they're going at it at each other's throats yesterday and today in Phoenix. I mean, if you're there, it must be a lot of fun. It's it's really quite quite exciting. Anyway, Shapiro started off yesterday morning. I think it was the first main speaker after Erica Uh, Charlie Cook's wife spoke, and he just went all out on on Candas and on went all out against against Tucker uh and uh, you know, just just explicitly named names. I mean, he has a segment that the people who refuse to condemn Candas's truly vicious attacks, and some of them speaking here today tonight, he's talking about uh, Tucker Coulson and Megan Kelly a guilty of cowardice. Shapiro said, if you host a Hitler, apologist, Nazi loving anti American piece of refuse like Nick Frentis, you are to own it. He's talking about Tecker Carlson and he names them. So it was a it was an all loud Also, Free Press published Ben Shapiro's comments uh in full at least a version it's likely edited for print, but in full and he you know, holds no ball, goes after them. It's not exactly what he's advocating for, but he's clearly advocating for the deep platforming of certain people within with in the movement. He goes. So, for example, if Candae Owens decided suspense every day since the murder of Charlie Cooke, casting aspirations at TPSU Turning Point USA and the people who work here, and to imply or outright claim complicity in the cover up of Charlie's murder, the few absolutely baseless trash implications implicating everyone from French intelligence to Macade to members of TPSU and Charlie's murder or cover up in murder, then we, as people with a microphone, have a moral obligation to call that out by name. Every TPSU should never, never, should have been put in the position to have to defend themselves against suspicies and evil attacks, particularly in the time of morning. And the people who refuse to condemn Candace truly vicious attacks. And some of them are speaking here tonight. You heard what you know, I already quoted that. Uh she he continues to take again Candice's own situation as an example. Friendship with public figures who do or say evil things is not an excuse for silence on the matter. Politics isn't the sisterhood of the Traveling Pants. Politics is about principle. And if you are willing to go sacrifice basic truth and simple principle in favor of emotional emotional solidarity, you have betrayed your fundamental duty to the American people. I wish he took his own advice. That's all I can say to to Ben Shapiro. You know, his pandurin to uh Trump and Mega has been a pathetic and not and and that was placing politics about principle. But anyway, anyway, he goes after all these people. Uh, he goes after tech A coss him by name, and he goes you know, he basically says, you've got to make a choice. You got to make a choice. Is what is this movement? You know? He says, for those of us who talk for a living, that is our job to discuss America's problems with truth and evidence, to provide possible solutions, and to encourage people to succeed. We who speak to people on a regular basis, who have a microphone and an audience of a duty to you, the duty to speak truth, the duty to speak from principle, not personal feeling. The duty to take responsibility for our actions, the duty to provide you evidence, to do more than conspiracize or just ask questions, ask questions. If we fail in those duties, we ought to listen. You ought not listen to us. But you you know, he says it all begins with truth. We owe you that question for truth. You owe yourself that question for truth. Truth, Victory only comes truth. So a lot of what Ben Shapiro has to say here I can't argue with. It's true. Uh and uh, and I give him kudos for standing up and speaking the truth and challenging the Tucker Cousins and the Canvas Owens and and the rest of them. He is, you know, relatively speaking, in this world, one of the better people.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 1: He's still really problematic. And there's still real problems, uh with with Ben Shapiro. And uh, you know, he's religious, and and he's he's too much of a fan of a fan of Trumps, and in many respects he sold out principle in order to be a fan of Trumps, but he is a fan of Trumps. But he suddenly is head and shoulders, head and shoulders and half a body above. Uh. All these other creeps who either worked for him at the Daily Wire or or speak for TPSU right after Ben Shapiro. Funnily enough, who came up to speak right after Ben Shapiro, none other than Tucker calls it and Tucker's Tucker's was, you know, a speech a lot less articulate and uh in in logical and rational than Ben Shapiro's. That guy's pompous calls has said saying he laughed at watching the watching Shapiro's speech backstage. Uh, he calls for deep to deep platform at a Charlie Cook event. That's hilarious. No, that's exactly appropriate. They have to be standards at every event. They have to be standards. Some people should be invited to speak and others not. I I was deep platformed by Charlie Cooke. Yeah, I was not invited back after my my one speech at a major Turning Point USA events and after a few other Turning Point events USA events, not invited to speak again. They deep platformed me. How dire they I should sue. Is there a way to anyway? You get my point? Uh. Colson went on to reil against you know, the so called cancel culture on the rights, and he promised everybody he was not an anti Semite at all, at all, at all, even though Israel and the Jews were behind it all. He's not an anti Semite at all that you know. And he he he he just he just went on and on. Uh. I guess there was one speaker between Shapiro and Colson, Sorry about that. There was one speak up between Shapiro consun I was wrong and I was actor Russell Brand who wanted to bring peace. He wasn't going to get in the middle of this. He kind of talked about his version of Christianity and is anti vax and hating the pharmaceutical industry and uh and and and stuff like that. So I'm so glad they didn't invite me to this conference. Uh. Anyway, Uh, this was this is going on. If you missed any of it, you can you can still catch it. One of the things Takokousan did say, which is important, you know, he called out bigotry. I mean, he's very, very very anti bigotry, and he really really really doesn't like it when you go after Muslims. I mean, he really got upset by the fact that people are going after Muslims. Uh. He said, the Muslims are mostly good. It's evil to be anti Islam, and it's just strong. It's just wrong to go after Muslims. And he's very anti Muslim bigotry. And the fact that there are people a TPSU attacking Islam. He just found that horrible. That's the bigotry. That's the one thing, the one group that actually, as a group you could argue deserves some criticism. Because very few Muslims come out and criticize Islamist, criticize the violent, criticize the anti American, then the Islami community deserves criticism. In another segment, in the name of loyalty and commitment to group and to I guess family and tribe and whatever, Tucker Kasta said that if his brother went on a drug induced murder spree, if his brother went on a drug induced murder speed, he'd defended He would defend him because he's a brother after all, and blood. Blood is thicker than murder, thinker than justice. So Techo was there to straighten out these conservatives and give them some real conservative values. It's all about family. Even if the family's evil, even the members of your family evil, you've got to defend them, to help with justice. Tell her truth, tell her responsibility. It's all about the tribe. Candice On in the meantime, who was not invited. She was deplatformed after spending all this time criticizing Erica Coke and implying that Erica Cooke knew the truth about the real killers of Charlie. She was not invited. She did not speak, but she did tweets, and she was very upset at Ben Shapiro and as usual as usual, you know, this is what she said. Right, every time Ben speaks, I feel more certain that Israel is evolved in the killing of Charlie Cook. He's just way too invested in Charlie's murder. He never liked Charlie, and he's now suddenly pretended that he has a duty to defend his legacy. Ben only cares about Israel's interests, So Israel's involved. And she's such a deep thinker. She sees through, you know, the many layers, the many layers of what is going on. So, I mean all these people. I mean the fact that I have to say Ben Shapiro is a good guy in comparison. That's kind of scary because Ben's wrong on so many things, and he's been wrong, and he's become so much worse with the Trump he is and he's religious, and he talks about duties, and I'm against duty generally, but you know, so the fact that Ben stands out as this amazing person relative to all the others says so much about these people now circling around TPSU. It's pretty pathetic, Pretty pathetic, sad, sad. Yeah, I mean Techolsa said during his talk killing tens of thousands of children, making excuses for it on behalf of a foreign government. Is you know, it's not that in there. It's anti ethical to that he's talk about the Bible. It doesn't make me a hater. It makes me an opponent of hate. And I'm not an antisemite. And I don't obsessed about Israel. Well maybe I do, but it's not because right to send it. It's because they kill children. Somebody asked if I'm against duty, really, duty is the is the is the enemy of morality? You can ask me that about that in a super chat. That would make a great super chat to ask about why I'm against duty anyway, sa Tucker spouting his regular lies, you know, praising Muslims, attacking Israel. That's part of the course. Erica Cook, who did open the confidence, did during her opening speech make it make one thing clear, and that is that she was on a mission. And her mission was to get Charlie Cook's friend JD. Vance elected in twenty twenty eight. So maybe she doesn't know that Trump is running again, but but she is all in on Vance. It's going to be really, really interesting because if they can mobilize turning points USA to back Vance, who's not very popular in the general among people generally. Vance is also very close friends with Tucker. Coulson Foyantess hates Vance and slams them all the time. So this struggle within the conservative movement, the turning point the young Conservative movement is going to continue and it's going to get ugly. It's going to continue to be ugly. It's going to get uglier, but it is it is going to sustain itself and the kind of the It's going to be interesting to see how JD. Vance positions himself if he gets too close to Tucker Causon, he'll beccause of anti Semitism, which emsy and all of that. If he gets if he if he you know, moves away from Tucker Corsa and he risks getting all the people who support Tucker to come out against him. It's it's going to be interesting. It's going to be interesting. It'll be an interesting Republican primary. I think JD. Vance it's his to lose, and he probably is a shoeing for the Republican nominee in twenty twenty eight. And you should all prepare for that and decide whether you can vote for JD. Evans over I don't know over probably the governor of California seems to be the leading candidate. Maybe AOC, maybe AOC. See here's one AOC versus JD Vans. That that that should trigger you'll that that should get you going in terms of who you're going to vote for. All right, talk about you know, contentious people on the right and the kind of people that that I don't know where they fall in the Tucker Costa and Ben Shapiro. But Matt Walsh works for Ben Shapiro. So, I don't see how I don't know how all of that works. But you're seeing more and more of the language of white supremacy, the language of white nationalism, the language of you know, tribalism, not just in terms of political tribalism, but racial tribalism. And one of the lines that you're seeing here is not just to equate Western civilization and the achievements of Western socilization are successive a Western civilization with Christianity, which is a huge push in our culture. There's a huge push to do that in our culture. But Matt is also pushing the idea the Western civilization and all its achievements are basically the achievements of white men, not even women. Women. Forget it. You achieve nothing, You have no responsibility, you have no no, you did not help bring about Western civilization at all. It's all white men. Now I'm curious how he defines white, but you know, we'll get to it anyway. I thought i'd showed you a video about this, maybe you'd be convinced as well. I mean about the great achievements of white men. Uh and uh. But note no extent, no, the extent to which they are collectivists and tribal and racists. I mean just talking about white men. The way he talks is a racist mentality. Racism is not just about condemning somebody for uh, for the color of their skin. It's also about praising somebody because of the color of the skin. It's taking credit for something because of somebody's color of skin. So let's watch this and then we'll talk about, Yeah, they Lee's skin color. I don't know what they's skin color was? Was he it was a man? I think it was a man. Did he identify as a man? Uh? Bet? Was he? Was he? Uh? Was he a? Uh? Was he white? Let's let's watch uh, let's watch Madwealsh and and look at that.
Speaker 3: Now, the context of this is this this uh article that came out describing anti white discrimination in the workforce, which is clearly horrific.
Speaker 1: And discuss and you know, it's the same kind of racism. The difference the issue is what is the response to racism? How should you respond to anti white or anti any racism. Well, you can take the kindy approach, which is we need to recognize our race and we need to fight in the name of our race, and there were racists, and everybody's a racist. And so you can take the identitarian politics of woke left, or he can be an individualist. And what about walshes as he's basically adopting the Kendy mentality, He's basically adopting racism to fight racism, which is what woke did forever. Woke fought racism by being racist, and that's exactly what matters doing. All Right, here we go.
Speaker 4: The biggest and most important downstream consequence of this open discrimination against white men is that everything in society gets worse as a result.
Speaker 1: Everything in society gets worse because we discriminate against white men. Now there's a sense in which that's true. There's a sense in which everything gets worse when you discriminate. But when you discriminate against white men, everything gets worse because only white men can run big American businesses like Microsoft or Google. Oh wait, they're run by Indians. About only white men could run a complex, innovative breakthrough company like Nvidia. Oh wait, it's it's run it's run by a by a a Asian. I think he's Chinese. Maybe only white men can can can run a company like Apple? Does gay white men count. I don't think gay white men count because you know, CEO of Apple is gay. I mean, really, this guy's a moron. I mean, Met Walsh is a moment everything gets worse. Everything.
Speaker 4: That is the second order of fact that the compact piece doesn't really get into. It's the third rail, the part you're not supposed to talk about. But the truth, which everybody intuitively knows, is that things were a lot better back when white men were not being discriminated against by every institution in the country, but instead we're running most of them.
Speaker 1: What was better, what exactly was better? American business is better then than they are today. No evidence of that, more entrepreneurs back then than they are today. No evidence of that was I don't know where in what realm. I mean, sure, a lot of things have gotten worse. Academia has gotten worse, intellectual spite. You know, maybe maybe the movies have gotten worse, But back then a lot of the movies were at least being produced by I'm just looking at a history of Hollywood, you know, the founding of Hollywood, and they were all Jewish men and at least one woman, Mary Pickford. It turns out maybe Pickford the actress had a really important role in shaping Hollywood in the early days, so women maybe so note here that how anti intellectual this is the reason things are bad today. And you know, you could argue things are bad today in a variety of different areas. It's not intellectual, it's not philosophical, it's not ideas. It's not ideas shaping the world that I'm make in the world worse the reason, I mean, just think about how racist. This is blatantly racist. The reason some things are worse off today now in his argument is everything is worse today is because they're not off white men in positions of leadership. But Biden was a white man, Bush was a white man. Nixon was a white man. Clinton was a white man. Jeffk you know, Johnson was a white man. They didn't do good things politically. I mean, there's only being one non white male president in American history. I mean, he was bad, but he was that much worse than the white men. God, I'm looking for fields areas in which white so superior. You know, basketball is much better. Right, Let's go back to Mattwalsh. I mean, it's just I mean, why Ben Shapiro And here's the thing, right, here's the thing. Why Ben Shapiro would keep this bastard on I mean, this igno reimus racist on his platform? Why he would keep him a Natucker calson, Why you would keep him but not Candae on it. This is why, as much as I can, you know, once in a while you I'm tempted to say a nice thing about being Shapiro, I can't be on board with Ben Shapiro because he has this guy working for him. This is straight out racism.
Speaker 4: And the fact of the matter is that a hugely disproportionate number of our greatest leaders in a vaders, pioneers, explorers, philosophers, and so on have been white men.
Speaker 1: Now that is true, a hugely disproportion and I like that's much better than all hugely disproportion have been. Yeah, I mean the reasons for that that we can discuss that have nothing to do with the whiteness of their skin, that have something to do with the geographic area with these ideas were successful, were adopted successfully, and you know there's an element, there's an element of accident in it, if you will, But does this make white men superior? Couldn't Indians, Chinese, even you don't me the Middle Easterners, Arabs, Persians, Central Asians. Could they achieve as much under the right circumstances. I mean, there's no doubt in my mind, But certainly Matt Wallis doesn't think so, not at all. It's whiteness, and there are lots of white people, like ninety nine point ninety nine percent of white people who haven't achieved much on the scale of shaping Western civilization, explores you know, uh, scientists, philosophers, and of course a lot of really horrific things like communism, Nazism, fascism. I don't know, decount Italians is white. I guess so in this context also white people. But let's not talk about that. Mm hm.
Speaker 4: I mean without white men, we wouldn't have airplanes or spaceships, or trains, or phones or light bulbs or computers or the Internet or batteries or I.
Speaker 1: Mean, I like to say, without the white Brothers, we wouldn't have planes, or maybe we would there were other people working on it at the same time, but you know, without Thomas Jefferson, we wouldn't have had it when we had it. But is what made any of those people special, is what made the culture in which they lived special is what made the culture of entrepreneurship special. The fact that they were white. Won't go to Silicon Valley today. Go to Silicon Valley today and you will see that the next white Brothers, and the next Thomas Edison and the next whatever not necessarily white. The Indians, the Jews again not cliffed use a white, and there the Chinese. They might even be from the Middle East, from Central Asia. And what is again, I need to ask this question because I don't know. Maybe one of you has an answer, But what does what does whiteness even mean? How do we measure it? Does he mean Northern Europeans real white? Yeah? Then I'm not that impressed, because I mean Southern Europeans have advanced civilization dramatically, particularly during the Renaissance. What is who is he talking about? Exactly? Who are these white people? And what degree of genetic purity is required for you to be a contributor to civilization? Like you know, if if if, if you're Spain and you have some Berber blood in you, blood Berber Jenes in you, because many Spaniards do, because the Berbers were there for a long time. How about Arab a lot of Arabs settled in Andalusia and southern Spain and conquered much of Spain and intermarried. There was much, huge amounts of in the marriage between the previous people who lived there, which happened to be Northern Europeans Germans who had conquered Spain before the Muslims did. How much? What percentage of your blood needs to be white to be considered white? It's disgusting, despicable, stupid, irrational, meaningless, and but it's you know, it's it's this fundamental tribalism, and it's a sceptual level mentality. I see the color of your skin that I can see, evaluate your character, understand history, pursue causality over history that is way too difficult. That's conceptual. That means elevating myself. I mean, Matt Welsh is really the epitome of a kind of a He exhibits kind of the missing link what we talked about Sunday, a mentality that hasn't reached full conceptual level. Or maybe he just treats his audience as if his audience is that way. It's hard to tell what he actually believes.
Speaker 4: X ray machines or jet engines, or rockets or a thousand other things that our society depends on to exist.
Speaker 1: I think he said the printing press, and just a starical note that the penning press movable type printing press was invented in China. China, as was paper. So the use of paper as we know it was an Asian invention. So it turns out that.
Speaker 4: The flourish we never would have had a railway system or the printing press.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there's a penny press. We wouldn't have this, really never had a printing press if not of white men. H That technology was not invented gun power. I mean, the Chinese invented a lot of stuff, a lot of stuff. There was a silk uh, weaving of silk and uh and of course uh printing press and gunpowder and and many other innovations Indians. Can you imagine Western engineering and science without the number zero, without the concept of the number of zero that was invented or discovered by Indians Indian civilization and transported to the West by the Arabs. The Arabs also made dramatic innovation in algebra, which is not European algebra was Indian and Indian Central Asian Persian Arab So where would we be without algebra? Just the ignorance of this guy, the stupidity of this guy. I mean, for a thousand years, white men pretty much didn't do anything from four hundred to fourteen hundred. While Persians and Central Asians and Arabs you know, and Chinese and Indians had flourishing civilizations, white men went nowhere. Maybe it would be interesting what happened to change that? What was the causal link that made it possible for suddenly white men to achieve things? What Maney had to do with a rediscovery of the ideas of a civilization in Greece which is white. Who you know? Do we know that? Do we know what the genes of the ancient Greece were? Who cares? What does it matter? Its ideas.
Speaker 4: Country which was founded by white men and led by white men, and expanded from coast to coast and settled and built up mostly by white men.
Speaker 1: Maybe that has to do something with the fact that the same white men also enslaved black men, enslaved them, treated them as subhuman. David says Greece Greek were definitely not white. I have no idea. Again, I don't know what any of this means. These are concepts that are bogus concepts. Race, as I told you, I don't think exists. There is no such thing as race.
Speaker 4: Now, these are all facts, fact, historical realities that cannot be denied.
Speaker 1: I just denied it, just true. I denied the fans.
Speaker 4: While Black women are encouraged to be proud of the historical achievements of black women, whatever those might be, and Asians to be proud of Asian achievements, and Native Americans of Native American achievements, and so on, white men are the one group on in the entire face of the planet who've been forbidden to even acknowledge what other white men have accomplished, much less to express any pride in it.
Speaker 1: What does it mean to express pride in achievements of other people whose only connection to you is having a superficial outwardly resemblance in the form of skin color. I mean that's true of Black pride and Asian pride and Natives. I can pride and all these stupid I mean troy ballistic, collectivistic views, Jewish pride, I mean, what do they mean? Can I be pride proud of Einstein? I'm proud that people from my genetic lineage, you know, responsible for the theory of relativity. Isn't that cool? No, it's not cool at all. Einstein's achievements have nothing to do with me. I am happy for Einstein's achievements. I celebrate them and the culture that, in a sense it made it possible for Einstein to achieve what he achieved. It still was up to him, but he needed a culture, a culture that in a sense embraced new ideas. Otherwise, like many geniuses before him, he would have never had an opportunity to express his genius. But that does nothing to do with the fact that he was Jewish or the fact that he was white, or was he white? I don't know. It's not an issue of pride for me. Pride as an individual virtue. You can't even really be proud of your children. You can't really even be proud of your children because you didn't create them, not in the sense of their soul, their achievements, their success. I mean, in my view, when a child does something really good, you shouldn't say I'm proud of you, because I think that's ridiculous. It's not about me, it's about them. I think what you should say to them is you should be proud of yourself. You did that. Good for you, that's amazing. I mean, you create the material manifestation of a child, but the child still has to create itself from a perspective intellectual and a soul, and whatever it is that they do, they have to do it, and they should be proud of their achievements. It's not for you to be proud of their achievements. You can only be proud of yourself. The values you teach your kids do not cause them anything. We are not automatons, we are not deterministic. Children are not treat them well, they will become good. It's very dangerous to go into parenthood believing that you will shape your kids. You can help, you can contribute, you can make it easier, you can make it harder. But objectivism's view of free will is that it's the individual's responsibility to make something of themselves, to make themselves into whatever it is. They're going to be the only responsibility for a child, unless you've really abused them. The responsibility for what a child is is on them. It's the only kind of modern pseudo psychology that you know, Oh, I did this because you know my mother this or my mother that, or you know my edifice complex or this complex or that complex, as if were some kind of deterministic automatons. To raise a child right is to give them and to leave them open to the opportunity to take it, to take advantage of opportunities, to make themselves the best that they can be. But I know, I know great people, really amazing people who had horrible childhoods, really tough, really difficult, with very limited opportunities. And I know people who raised by parents who gave the kids everything, you know, who really treated the kids well and gave them opportunities and treated them alllly and taught them the right values and everything, and they turned out completely rotten, completely rotten. You shape your soul. You're not a product of your environment. You're not a product of your genes. You're not a product of your skin color. You're not a product of your culture. All of those things, genes, culture, parents make a difference. But it's the choices you make. Didn't make you who you are. Choices you make make you who you are. And to a loge extent, much of the field of psychology has been wrong about these things. Wrong. I mean, most psychology doesn't recognize free will. How can you do how can you do psychology without recognizing free will? All right, there's influence. You can have influence, but that influence is not binding. Influence is not binding. All right, let's finish up this clip. God forbid.
Speaker 4: Instead, our society set out on a campaign to punish and exclude and alienate this very group. That is their reward for having carried the weight of Western civilization on their shoulders.
Speaker 1: You didn't realize that the real Atlases of the world are not the individual's a great ability, but they're white men. White men. I mean God, I mean iman, woman philosopher, Madame Cooree, I mean there plenty of women. And again, whiteness is meaningless. Oh right, I'm gonna I'm gonna skip this. You get the point. This is kind of the collectivism, the tribalism, the racism that is eating away at the right. It's destroying the right. It's exactly what I meant predicted. It is an anti conceptual mentality. You just gotta those of you who attended the Members only show on the missing link. And if you didn't and you're a member, you can check it out. You have access to all those all those shows, all the members only shows, so you can you can check it out. But those of you attended, you should be You should recognize in what he says the mentality of a perceptual level human being. He positions himself and presents itself to the world as an intellectual leader, a commentator, a cultural critic, but an intellectual and yet he has not graduated for a pre human state. He's not elevated himself to the conceptual level to see cause of relationship, to be able to, you know, trace ideas skin color. Skin color because he sees it. Because if you line up all the great achiever, most of them are white. There must be something special in the in the in the stuff that makes white white. I know I go after Matt Walsh a lot, but he deserves it, and he's got a huge following, and I think he says what a lot of people believe he has. Okay, let's go to Bondy. Just a reminder that we have targets for support of the show. The show's made possible because of you. We have targets to do und fifty dollars an hour. We're short of that, we're going to hit the first hour. We're definitely, we're definitely going to be well into the second hour. I can't go more than two hours today because I've got a hart stop. But let's at least make the first hour. Before we reach the first hour. We've got ten minutes to get about one hundred and twenty dollars. So six twenty dollars questions, six twenty dollars questions, not ten dollars questions, not five dollar questions, twenty dollars questions. All right. So, one of the you know, amazing heartening stories coming out of the horrific massacre, just just a horrific terrorist attack on Bunny Beach was this Ahmed al Ahmed, who is a Syrian immigrant to Australia who actually you know, jumped on one of the terrorists, managed to disarm him, saved the lives of many many people, saved the lives of many many people in the process, got injured because the other shooter shot at him and he was injured. He is doing fine, he's he's gone through surgery and doing fine. Anyway, he has this this hero, legitimate, real hero. You can see the videos of it. I mean, it takes a lot of guts to do what he did, and we'll talk about some other heroes who weren't quite as successful as he was. Sadly but Meant has now been labeled a traitor in the Arab world for stopping a terrorist attack. The Facebook page of a Palestinian useus right in Ramala. Ramala is in the West Bank, Uh. They posted Ahmed story. Almost all the hundreds of comments that followed were hostile. A day he saved Jews. Here's some quotes. Treason comes to you from the closest people. He sold himself and his life for the safety of the Jews. These are the Palestinians that Israel is supposed to have a peace with and is supposed to, you know, give them a state of their own right next to Tel Aviv. I wish it was I wish the bullet hit your heart. May Allah not heal you. This is uh you know, some some of the who representative representative of it anyway, Some people, some people in Australia did not feel that way. And there was a fundraising campaign to raise money for him, to support him, to reward him, if you will, for his bravery. The fundraising campaign who raised one point sixty five million dollars US dollars. That's well over two million Australian dollars. He was handed a check in hospital and he said something like, you know, do I really deserve this? And the guy who gave it to him said, yes, you do, and you know it's it's it's hot, warming and good for the people who donated, and yeah, he definitely deserves it. He's a father of two, he's you know, he works in Australia. As far as I know, he's not a welfare recipient, but on there and uh yeah. Bill Akerman, the American hedge funt guy who took a couson happens to hate I gave one hundred thousand Australian dollars as part of the fundraising campaign. I wonder how much Tucker Cosson gave to a Muslim who stopped Islamic terrorists. But they were killing Jews, so maybe Tucker was for the terrorists. Akman, not Akermen, Sorry, Akman, yes, Akman sorry, anyway, this is terrific. I guess there's people all around the world who gave the money. But but yes, good for him. Oops. I just closed something I didn't want to do it is so I didn't want to point out. If you haven't read this in the news, haven't seen any who else that right at the beginning of the attack, Early in the attack, there was a couple, Gummann and Sophia Goodman, both in their sixties. He was sixty he's sixty sixty nine, she was sixty one, who noticed the one attacker with a gun starting to fire. They both jumped on him and tried to take the gun away from him. The terrorists overwhelmed them and shot them both and killed them. So there were people, civilians mostly who actually took an initiative into their own hands and engaged with them at the risk of their own lives, and in this case they both lost their lives. In the case of Ahmand, at least he managed to survive, which is good. They you know, both Boss and Sofia Yuh lived right there. They lived in in in bun Dai ban Dai Beach in Sydney, Australia, and they were both killed while trying to stop the attacks. So incredibly heroic and incredibly brave. Again, there's some questions about the police performance. It was ultimately a detective who would run from the station, who was a really good shot, and managed with his handgun, with his pistol to shoot the one attacker, you know, to shoot him from a distance. Uh, and and and and and stop him. So the police did stop it, but it took it took them way too long, and and some of the police there were just very ineffectual. Even though they had handguns, they were not going to risk their lives. They were not going to take the risk, which I think is part of a policeman's job to stop this kind of shooting. Finally, it's worth noting that a couple of days after the Bandai attack, law enforcement identified seven men en route to Bondai. They'd received a tip about a possible violent act. The police rammed these vehicles and stopped them and arrested seven Middle Eastern men, as my understanding is, who supposedly were going to do a follow up attack in Bondai. So supposedly the men that's set out for Melbourne, We're heading to Bondai Beach, a nine hour drive. They were rested in a place called Liverpool, which is about forty minutes away from Bondai. Well, the reason is unclear. Why they were driving there. The suspicion is that they were that they were going to engage in terrorist attack. The police are investigating this as a terrorist investigation, so there's more way that came from. Sadly, all right, let's see the funder. Yes, we talked about this a little bit the last few days. I wanted to wrap it up. It turns out that the guy who murdered people at Brown University and murdered two students and injured another eight kind of almost randomly. And then it was the same guy who murdered the physics professor physics, the physics scientist in Bookline, Massachusetts. Same guy. We don't know exactly what the motive is, and but it is the same person. So these Raelings were wrong. There was no Iranian conspiracy here. It doesn't It certainly doesn't seem that way. This is a guy who took some It was actually knew the MIT professor had studied with the MIT professor back in Portugal when they were both younger. He had come to the United States on an F one visa and had studied for a year, I guess two semesters at Brown. He had been accepted to Brown, but then left the university and got a green card as part of one of the lotteries. He got a green card from a lottery and stayed in the US. It's not clear what he did, but he stayed in the US. This other guy, the guy was murdered, was also from Portugal, and he stayed in Portugal and got his PhD in physics and then worked there, and it was hired by MIT and came off of MIT. They're both about the same age in the in their late forties. How to tell what exactly is a particular grievance, but it sounds like he had a connection to Browne University, had a connection this guy to the professor of the scientist, and he killed them both. He killed in both places and then committed suicide, then committed suicide, killed himself. So they'll they'll they'll never find out directly from him, what happened, what exactly happened? What else did I want to say about this? So a lot of the theories about this is a leftist who wanted to kill the leader of the Republican students. That turned out to be bogus. The theory that this was Iranians turned out to be bogus. It turned out to be some crazy, frustrated, angry widow who did this. Uh, the break really came in police identifying him when somebody who had encountered him on the Brown campus before the shooting came forward and described him in great detail and described his car and described all that, and that's h and that's when it when it really broke and when they identified who it is. And then once they had the car, they identified the car and then him as being around the physicist in Booklin's place, and it was just a matter of tracking the car and finding way it went to and where it led. So that's just to wrap up that story, all right, Doge a quick coin on Doge. There's only there's really one thing that dogs did well well well is qualified, but did and satisfy a lot of people from the US government. So I mean you have to give them at least credit for that. These government went from over three million people, they probably fired about two hundred and fifty to three hundred thousand people from the US government. You know, it's a question of whether those people will be hired. It's a question of any of those people we're doing anything The government should be doing and they'refore required. So it's down by two hundred and seventy one thousand jobs. Two hundred and seventy one thousand jobs. Now it's still a very small number overall, out of three million. It's less than ten percent. But yeah, I mean, goverment who's bloated too many people. I did mention that the day that in spite of this goverment spending is up significantly during Trump's first eleven months. The deficit is it's also I mean, debt is also dramatically up. The deficit is stable. It's about where was Underbiden. Maybe a little a little smaller because there is some revenue coming in from increased taxes, increased taxes that have to do with tariffs. All right, ten percent is significant, not in the ballpark of kind of the cuts that Melay made, not in the ballpark of what really needs to be done. Of course, what matters is not how many people you employ. It's how much money you spend. And employing fewer people but spending more money doesn't help you, doesn't help the economy. And that's exactly what the Trump administration has done. They're employing fewer people, but they're spending more money. So Beckett square one. Yeah, tariffs are awful, really really bad, just like all taxes, but they're particularly bad tax. But it's a tax. Americans are paying higher taxes, and spy spies revenue is higher, all right. A quick trade story. This sart of Europe. So for years years, I mean, I'm not exaggerating. For twenty six years, the European Union has been negotiating with South American countries to establish a free trade agreement, a massive stree trade deal. There would lower tariffs and lower trade barriers between Europe and South America, a massive positive move for both Europe and South America. And it's taken them twenty six years to negotiate this. I could have done it in one day. I'll charge you zero tariffs, and you charge me zero tariffs. Done. Finished. Oh and no trade barriers, no other barriers. You can do. Sell whatever you want in my country. I'll sell whatever you want in your country. That's my kind of trade deal. But anyway, the Europeans and the South Americans took them twenty six years, and they were going to sign the deal this weekend. They were they'd finally gotten everything lined up. I mean this is a deal with Brazil, Argentina, Uruguay, Paraguay and Bolivia. And then on Wednesday, Maloney, who have said some nice things about but I take them back. Maloney had new reservations and the French suddenly woke up INTI yeah, we too, and what are the reservations? Their farmers upset because the one sector in Europe that is most protected by trade, the one sector in Europe that they that they put massive trade barriers and other barriers in order to protect them is agriculture. Farmers are the most cherished of all workers in Europe and they don't want competition from Latin America. They know they will lose. I mean, look, you want to solve the cost of food issue, if there is an issue in Europe, start inputting food from Africa. Africa could become the bread basket of Europe. Africa could produce food much cheaper than Europe. It has massive quantities of fertile land, It has people eager to join the workforce and to start gaining wages by selling stuff to Europe. And of course Europe is not going to do it because of its local farmers. So food is expensive in Europe white because it's all local. Local food is expensive food when it's in a first world country because in a first world country, the actual value of labor is not an agriculture. I mean, the United States has seen a massive shrinkage of the number of people working in agriculture. Now europeas too, but far less than the United States. And the interest group that is European agriculture is massive, and they so back to the negotiating. Back to negotiations. I mean, the reason for this is farmers and tractors blocked roads, They set off fireworks in Brussels. They were demonstrating and rioting. The police that are used tear gas and water cannons to to you know, to to break up the riot. Farmers bought potatoes and eggs to throw to throw a police. They burnt a wooden coffin bearing the wood culture just you know, we're fighting to defend our jobs, our jobs. We are we have a righteous job to our particular jobs. What about anyway, So, I mean, if this deal goes through, it's a huge deal. It benefit European Union dramatically, the people in the European Union, It'll benefit people in these Latin American countries and yet there they're stopping it because farmers might lose their jobs. Free trade has nothing to do with national interest. It has nothing to do with all this stuff. It has everything to do with special interest groups pushing and pulley for what they want. All right, I want to point out this, God, this is going longer than I thought it would. I want to point out, uh, this movement in America now that is really left and right, historically left and is now joined by the right. I called it the stagnation movement, the movement that wants us to stop stop, stop developing, stop growing, stop investing. And specifically where they're applying this ideology is to artificial intelligence. And of course we've talked about Steve Bannon being a huge opponent of artificial intelligence and wanting to put a molitorium on it. Well, Bernie Sanders is joining him. Not surprising, Bernie Sanders is now pushing for molitorium on the construction of all data centers. He says, I will be pushing for molitorium on the construction of data centers that are powering the unregulated spint to develop and deploy AI. The molitarium will give democracy a chance to catch up and is sure that the benefits of technology work for all of us, not just the one percent. He also said in the next two years, AI data centers will not only cause electricity builds the sore when you could solve that by building a lot of new poplines, then they won't cause them to sow. But I expect that to generate the same emissions as driving over three hundred billion miles. Oh so it's climate change again. They're going to stop development. Oh we've heard that again. We've heard that before. That's not new. So you know, you'd expect the someboding. It's not a surprise. This is part of the course. And of course the kind of fearful Republicans who are afraid of technology and want to support the working class, you'd expect it from them as well. It's the same mentality as the farmers in Europe. What I find really upsetting is this is all to be expected. Is that the only argument that seems to have any punch against these people, the only argument that seems to work against these people that conservatives or people in the center right are using, is this this is from the free pass. But I wonder who will still be doing AI work oh right, China. So the problem with Bernie and Bannon and all these guys is will lose to China. China will do AI and we won't again this collectivistic bs No, the reason this is bad is that we as individual Americans won't benefit from the amazing stuff that AI is going to make possible for us. It's also a massive violation of the individual rights, property rights of the investors of the CEOs, the workers, the companies that are heavily invested in AI. So this is we want to stop AI now for national security reasons. We don't want to stop AI for selfish, egoistic reasons that have to do with the well being of Americans. We want economic growth because it's good for America, not because we'll lose to China. Lose to China is a side issue that's not the main issue. The main issue is us. I'll give you another example. Well, yeah, another example of this. Just the stupidity behind so much of what the central planners do. So early last year, twenty four I robot that makes Roombus, which is like the vacuum cleaner, the robotic vacuum cleaner. It was on track to be purchased by Amazon. Amazon wanted to buy them and invest and maybe create other robots because Amazon sees that the future might be household robots and they want to invest. But the Biden led FTC Lena Kahan and European regulators basically said, no, Amazon's stupider ready, that would create too big of a company or whatever, right it would be any empty competitive and they killed the deal. Now, just so you know, the Trump Anti Trust Division functions under the same philosophy. You know, there's no big difference. But the point is, so the deal was abandoned right instead. I Robot has struggled, partially because of tariffs, partially because of competition from China, from Chinese row body companies that are advancing significantly, and of course, on Sunday last week, I wrote, abut the Clay bankruptcy and a Chinese company is now taking it over and you going to run it Now, that's great. I'm glad the Chinese are willing. A Chinese company is willing to take it over, and we'll still benefit from the fact that they'll probably innovate and they'll probably be these things. But the reason, and I'm sure some people upset, Oh my god, it's China's taking over. Isn't that horrible? No, what's horrible is that this company is not allowed to thrive, and we weren't allowed to benefit from it thriving by being bought by Amazon. We our own worst enemy, not China. China might be an enemy, not the worst. All right, I want to give I want to add on some good news. So we'll talk about the fact that just America is an innovation machine. This country, in spite of everything, in spite of the horrific politicians, in spite of the long line of statists that have existed in this country, in spite of the regulations and the tariffs and the taxes, and in spite of California, and in spite of all this stuff, this country is an innovation machine. I mean, look at this graph. This is a graph of the number of tech companies that report net annual profits are one billion dollars or more. There are sixty two such companies in the United States, only fifteen in China, only nine in Japan, nine in Taiwan eight. In the entire Eurozone, they're only eight one billion dollars a profit for tech company. France, three, Korea, three, Germany, two, United Kingdom, one United States sixty two, more than all of these combined combined. Now people ask why is the stock market so high? This is why we have the best businesses, the most profitable businesses, the most successful innovative businesses in the world. It's not even clothes. So yeah. Among the world's ten largest companies, eight are US technology companies. Among the ten most innovative companies, ten are based in the United States. I mean, the United States dominates when it comes to tech. And the reason for that is, you know, so basically three things, well two really relatively mild regulatory environment for technology. You can easily start a business, you can hire people relatively speaking, so freedom, economic freedom that still exists in the United States. In particular, one of the areas in which this is important is still, in spite of how difficult it is to hire and fire in the United States, we still have much more freedom when it comes to employment than for example, Europe, so people can move around. And on top of that, immigration, which Trump is trying to kill, that golden goose. But how many of these sixty two companies are run or were founded by immigrants? A big chunk immigration and economic freedom to the extent that we have it. That's what you can only imagine what that number would be if we're really at economic freedom in our dreams. All right, That, my friends, is the news Friday December nineteenth, so the last Friday before Christmas. Thank you all for joining me, and I will now take on some of your super chat. I will also remind all of you the super chat is a great way to support the show, a show made possible through support from you. It is also you can also do stickers to support the show and us not have to ask a question. You can also support the show with Patreon at Patreon that would be a monthly support not live here right now and Patreon just go to patreon dot com and type in you on book show. I also want to remind you that December thirty one is going to be our You and Show. It'll be four plus hours. It'll be a big fundraising event. I'll ask you to support the show going into twenty twenty six and to allow for the show's growth, to allow for us to continue doing the interviews and continue doing the daily new shows and everything else. There will be a very very very very very very ambitious fundraising goal. So I'm going to need all the help I can get to get there. The max you can support the show on a super chat is five hundred dollars, So if you want to do more than that, I know some of you have in the past done more than five hundred dollars, then please consider doing a one time PayPal contribution and just say in the contribution in the note there that it's for the New Year's Eve show, and that way I'll count it towards our goal. All right, I'll just remind you of that. Iran dot Oaks. Let's start here where you can sign up for heinrand Aarri live courses. I'll be teaching a course in public speaking. They're going to be courses on objectivism, deep dive into the philosophy. These amazing courses that will improve your understanding, your knowledge, and it's fun. You can take them live and participat in class. You can take them after the fact and just listen. You can do homework and get it graded. You cannot do homework andnot get agraded. Really up to you, and you get a discount ten percent discount for being a listener of this show. So ybs sorry. Twenty six YBS ten. Michael Williams the support of the show, and Michael has a project called Defenders of Capitalism dot com. Defenders of Capitalism dot com check it out. Check out the website I've worked on with Michael on the program for for for many years and is both offend and a colleague. Check out defendersocapitalism dot com. And finally, Alex Epstein Epstein uh the leading authority on all things power and why electricity places don't have to go up with the AI boom. Build more, build build build build more electricity production capacity. Uh. So follow Alex. Expand your knowledge, make your better, make your better. You know, he has these talking points to just give you the material from which to argue and debate people. So great to have that under your belt before family gets together on Christmas where politics is the main topic of discussion. All right, if you have questions, use the superchet to ask them. Five dollars, two dollars, one dollar. All right, let's get started with the super chat because they do have a hot stop and I want to get through all the questions. David, at the risk of psychologizing, Shapiro reminds me of an Orthodox American Jews that are ultra religious because it gives them cover for the identity crisis and the fact that they need a tribe to belong to. I don't know Ben well enough. There's certainly a tribal aspect of religion which is part of it. But look, he grew up in this world. There's a certain you know, he's he studied this. Yeah, I don't know what the psychology is, but he is very much committed to that world, and I think both socially family wise, he's also convinced himself that there's no possibility of values without religion. I mean, he comes at me with this silly what about the hot girl at the bar? He needs he believes he needs. I don't think he does. He believes he needs religious commandments in order to give him morality. So I don't know, but but there's certainly a tribal aspect to it. And but look, I don't know how many of the tribes support him politically. Certainly many Jews are not supportive of his views politically, although maybe maybe among conservative Orthodox Jews he's more popular. Yeah, I don't know what drives him. Ultimately, Alex, what is that to training be legal? In a capitalist society. Why or why not? No, it would not be illegal because basically it's a victim of crime. There's no victim when it comes to the side of trading. The fact that you have more information than somebody else is not a crime. That's reality, it's life. Now, there is an aspect you could imagine of inside of trading that would involve contractual or fiduciary violation of your responsibility. So if you were a CEO and your contract says you can, I think the contract would say this, you cannot trade on certain types of insider information, and you did it, then you would be in violation of your employment contract and you could be fired. You could imagine that if I had a contract with a printer printed on my financial statements that he couldn't use the knowledge he gained from reading those financial statements in the trade, and then he did again, he would be in violation of a contract. But there's nothing prohibiting if it's not contractually specified inside of trading. I'll give you one other context in which you know, you could imagine inside of trading regulations but private regulations existing. If I wanted a list on the New York Stock exchange and my shares we traded in the New York Stock Exchange. The New York Stock e Change could say, you know, we don't allow inside of trading. Here, here, here the specifics. Here's what we mean by inside of trading. That's the other thing. Inside of trading is one of the least defined, one of the most amorphous terms in law that exist. But let's assume they exchange said here are the things you cannot do, and we do this because we want to make sure that we get a lot of volume of trade that people feel comfortable trading on our exchange. Then that's again a contractual thing between the firm and therefore it's managers and employees and the exchange. So to the extent that there is fear to the extent that put it this way, to the extent that inside trading might do damage to the exchange because people won't trade or to the firm in some way, then that is easily dealt with through contracts. Through contracts. But the fact that I saw my stock and somebody buys his stock, and the guy who bought the stock has more information than I do, that is not the basis to prosecute him. Thomas would arguably returning to the gold standard cause significant problems. At this point, what would be involved. I know it isn't going to happen. No, I don't think it would cause problems. I mean it would involve massive deregulation. You couldn't just return to the gold standard and keep everything the same. That would be a disaster. The gold standard that I and those of us who believe in real free markets advocate for is not a central bank gold standard. It is a private banking gold standard, which means you'd have to completely deregulate the banking sector. You would have to make them private instead of basic arms of the government, and you would have to give them their ability to create their own currency, their own money if they chose to, the government would have to stop printing. It would have to shut down the Federal Reserve, and banks could then take in gold and print or issue not print, issue currency paper money in exchange for it. And you know another shows I've described in greater detail system like that will work. The best authors about this George Selgian and Lawrence White. But you know, the transition would be complicated. It would have to be a number of years. You'd have to be very transparentted the deregulation. You'd have to get rid of the FED. You'd have to set a date where gold becomes bore, the dollar becomes convertible into gold. You'd have to set a date for closing down the FED to reserve and reallocating all its reserves to the banking system. But it involves a complete, complete reshuffling of the banking industry, which would require massive deregulation. And it ain't happening, Andrew. If one suffers for mysticism, one should fight like hell to overturn it and establish the proper metaphysics. Reality is worth it, and it is and it is being for reality, not just against mysticism that is required to integrate it. Yeah, well, I mean it's being for reason. It's being for your life. You know, your life acchoires adherence to reason. Your life requires the use of reason. Mysticism is damaging for your life. So the motivation to overturn and to basically get rid of every last element of mysticism that might be in your thinking is that your life depends on it. Your happy life depends on it, your successful life depends on it, your flourishing life depends on Barry. Barry also did a sticker. Barry did like a big stick of fifty dollars sticker. Thank you, Barry, I really appreciate that. Thank you john for the sticker. Let me think the sticker is quickly, and thank you Johnny for the sticker. Who else do we have? Fred Hopper whoops, called my spa and Johnny again? All right, thank you guys, really appreciate it. Okay, Barry has a question. I was told that all humans have intrinsic value. Is this true? It tends to raise a red flag for me, but I'm not sure how to answer it. I mean, the answer is fundamentally that there is no such thing as intrinsic value. All value is a value to someone for a purpose. So whenever there's a value, it's to whom and for what. Chocolate doesn't have intrinsic value. It has value to me. It might have value to you and for what purpose, for the purpose of taste, taste good. Other human beings might have value to you. They do, indeed objectively, for what to trade with. But there's no such thing as an intrinsic value. That nothing has intrinsic value. All value must answer the question to who and for what all values of values? To me, this is the big issue about environmentalism. The environment. Nature is not intrinsically valuable. This is why it's okay for human beings to change it. So uh, you know, environmentalists view nature as having intrinsic value. That's why they get upset when we carve up a mountain to build a highway. But the mountain only has value to whom and for what to some people as nice scenery to hike, for other people as a place to put a highway in order to get to the other side of the mountain. And then it's just an issue property rights and who gets his values manifest. But it's only individuals have values. Things don't have value other than two individuals. Thank you, very good question. All right, Michael. How does reputation matter in a non secondhanded way. Well, it matters somewhat in that if you have a good reputation, then people are more likely to hire you, or to want to befriend you, or to initiate contact with you. So if I have a good reputation as a speaker, then I'll get more business than if I have a bad reputation as a speaker. So it's not a source of self esteem, but it is, you know, and it's not something you should strive to establish. Bet you should have a good reputation because you're a good person, because you do good things, and that reputation is a value to you because it can generate relationships in business. And that's not second added. Somebody who cares about reputation lies for its reputation, manipulates for his reputation. That's being second added, Michael. Has technology reached the point where it can't be effectively regulated into stagnation like other industries. That's why we're going to keep seeing exponential growth. Well, we're not seeing exponential growth. We don't have exponential growth and we're not seeing it. So I don't think it will continue because it doesn't exist. Well, keep seeing growth. That's an achievement in and of itself. You don't have to be exponential for it to be an achievement. But I don't think it's impossible. But it's to regulate tech, but it comes with a heavy political cost. So for now it's not going to happened and will continue to see growth, but that could change. So we have to be very, very diligent in fighting against the regulation of tech technology. Nick, thank you for the sticker. Oh Wes came in with fifty dollars question. In addition to his sticker, he says, I finished the collapse of the Western mind. Holy cow, The world would be a better place today if paganism won out. At least it wasn't hostile to rational thinking and science. Yeah, I mean, but rational thinking science is almost everything, right, That's where we get the modern world. So yes, I mean, you know the closing of the Western mind, which happened in the first four centuries from zero to four hundred, the five hundred, that is the victory of Christianity over paganism, and not paganism, but over Greek ideas of Astatilian Greek ideas, over the ideas of this worldliness and science. And just imagine what the world would be like if Greece had won and the Christians had lost. We could be one hundred, one hundred and fifty years or maybe a thousand years. We would know. A thousand years, we could be a thousand years ahead of where we are today. A thousand years of stagnation we could have avoided. So yeah, I'm glad. I'm glad you enjoyed the book. It's striking. Now you have to read the book, The Reopening of the Western Mind. The Reopening of the Western Mind, Michael, the same author. How can you argue that culture has less tribal was less trouble one hundred years ago, when blacks weren't considered human beings and women were considered property. Well, I don't think a hundred years ago that's true. Most Americans one hundred years ago did not consider blacks as subhuman, and I don't think they considered women as property. That was dramatically changing. But the reality was that when you went out into the wilderness to homestead in America in the nineteenth century, it was you. You weren't looking for tribe. You were looking to build a life. You might have been a bigot in some part of you, but that didn't really manifest itself when you went out into the wilderness in Kansas or Nebraska and put up a farm and started, you know, working. The same is true of people who went out there and started an industry or built a railroad. So there was an immense amount of individualism. So today the tribes are not quite as crude as racist and sexist, although those exist as well. Today the tribes are more political, but the tribalism is much worse. I mean, part of the feature of tribalism is a lack of individual thinking for themselves. And you got a lot more group think today than you did back in one hundred years ago. G Jeffries, thank you for the Thank you for the stick. I really appreciate it. Somebody, says John Lion says Johann I think you can get you can generate more super chat questions by splitting the super chat into two segments one news, one super chats, three more news, four more super chats. Maybe, I'm not sure why exactly. I'm not sure why because almost all the super chests are unrelated to the news, so I don't know why it up would increase the number, Michael, are young people getting the sense the traditional conservatism is a failure, the alt right Nazi ideology is a winning strategy. Well, they're getting a sense that traditional conservatism is a failure. Trump gave them that sense that he succeeded by rejecting traditional Christianity, but they don't really have anything to unite them as an alternative. Some gravitate towards Groypiism or whatever you want to call it, Nick Foyentes, some gravitate towards Tucker. Others, you know, are still holding on to kind of a more traditional view of Christianity. Of conservatism. There are all kinds of variations, and there's a battle going on right now within within that world, particularly among young people, and what will be the winning, the winning ideology of conservatism moving forward. Eric says after mentions speech, I think you owe him an apology definitely, not how it is we need more like Ben call out the evil in the Republican Party. Yes, but I don't think I owe him an apology at all. I criticized him for things that I think he deserves criticism. And I think Ben, he's drawn his line at anti Semites. That's not a hard line to draw. That's not a hard line to draw. And he should have drawn the line at anti freedom, and then he should be criticizing Miller, and he should be criticizing Trump, and he should be criticizing Bondi, and he should be criticizing Hospital. And when he is willing to draw a line where I think his ideas justify him drawing a line, I'm not putting woods in his mouth. Do I think that?
Speaker 4: Do?
Speaker 1: I think Ben Shapiro thinks it's a good idea to have ICE, fully armed ICE agents roaming the streets and harassing working immigrants. I think that says No, I don't think he believes in that. Will he criticize it? I don't think so. I mean, you guys can tell me if I'm wrong. But I absolutely think he's a coward. It's just he's not quite a big of a coward, like when it comes to anti Semitism. That really goes to the root of his identity as a conservative Jew and everything. So he's willing to stand up for that, but he should be willing to stand up for other things. And if he stood up, and this is my argument when I criticized him, if he stood up on principle for the things he really I think believes in, if he stood up for the Finding Fathers, for capitalism, for freedom as he understands I'm not as I understand If he understands them, we would have never gotten to the point where Tucker Costs and Nick foyint this was big as they are. He helped create them and I still stand by that if he didn't employ Matt Walsh. I'd like to see criticized Matt Walsh for his racism, but he's not going to do that because that would alienate too much of his the audience. He is a coward, Kim. If it's Alec versus JD in twenty twenty eight, is us finished? Well? I think freedom is clearly on the demise, and us, as the funny Father's envigionate is finished and will go through a period of much greater authoritarianism of left or of right. And then it's a question what comes after? Can we resurrect America once it's finished? In that sense, there's a sense in which it's already finished. Right, Just look at Ice. Just look at what's happening in this country and the kind of debates that are going on, in the kind of arguments. It's not a lot there. I mean, we have toteologist and we're starting for scratch or even hi. Thoughts on flipping houses, I'm in the market for buying and identified an apartment. The flippers demand a high premium in a slow market. Tips, I'm not sure what you mean flipping houses is you buy a place you renovate it and you sell it, or just buy it and sell it. If you're buying and selling, then you're risking the price going down in the meantime, and prices do go down sometimes, but renovating adding value and then selling sure, But again you're very very much dependent on the market, on the real estate market, and whether it keeps on going up. Now, some places that's safe, some places that's not so safe. So it's it's it's it's it's risky, like any investment. It's not a sure thing, all right, Andrew, it struck me as important when I heard rants say the metaphysics and epistemology cannot be separated. Can you expound on this point? Yes, I mean metaphysics is the nature of reality and consciousness is a part of reality. Epistemology is how we know. But that is to some extent, you could argue a metaphysical question, right, it's it's it's it's a question about the nature of man. It's the nature of his faculties, the nature of what exists. And then know what, no metaphysics, So how do you untangle that if you have a bad metaphysics. Let's say a is not a how can you advocate for a epistemology of reason? What does that even mean when there's nothing to identify out there? Or what's identifiable is shifting constantly. So the two are completely interrelated and interconnected. It's true you cannot separate them. How you know and what it is? You know what it is there is to know, a dependent on one, the other, another, one another. The kind of metaphysics you have will to some extent, determine what kind of epistemology you have, Jason and the meaning. After the strike ended, I made a three minute pitch to Moses Lake School District one sixty one, encouraging Iron ran free books and essay contests, and offered an additional two thousand dollars prize to the district winners. That's great, you know, I don't know if they're going to take you up on it, but that's great. You got Iran's name out there, you got the program's name out there, and maybe some teachers will jump on it. Good for you. That's how you fight for the future. Malcolm, Would you happen to know why? Surely who Shirley Temple is? If so, any general thoughts keep it up. I usually make the live shows. I usually can't make the live shows. Shirley Temple was a child actress, so then grew up and became an actress. She was a singer, dancer. She was super cute when she was a kid, and and uh, quite talented as an adult. So I think she was I can't remember. She was the daughter of somebody. Was she had daughter of somebody important, of a of a performer, I can't remember, but yeah, I mean somebody that was very, very enjoyable, a very benevolent personality in the movies at least. Uh and yeah, fun and and and a good good singer and dancer. She was funny too, and yeah, I mean have a generally positive view. Generally positive view. Jennifer said she was an ambassador Lada, but I forgot to what country. Nick says that he watched all her movies when he was a kid. Linda said she became a un ambassador anyway, Yeah, I mean definitely fun movies, very and again good good voice, good dancing, funny muz. How on earth did I miss your chat with Jesse Lee Peterson until yesterday. I listened to it while driving and nearly crashed. I was laughing that hard. Yeah, that was years ago, years ago. God, I get harassed for that constantly because he called me a beta male and uh and all of that and he he The number one argument I get on immigration is but what about Israel? And it's a it's a it goes back to thee Man's missing link. It's a perceptual level argument that can't see differences between Israel and America. Uh, it's it's a it's a stupid argument. It's an unsophisticated argument. It's a mindless argument. But he he did it well and uh and people have repeated it since then, over and over and over and over and over and over again. Yeh, but he is a white now you know, white supremacist. He's black, but he's a white supremacist, which is pretty pretty ludicrous but true. Uh. Loan des Center. The day after you answered debate question, I saw a CD box of Zell's Symphony Cycle at a U shop. Got it and it's magnificent. Up there with the Guntha Wild and kliber Big recommended. Yes, I mean Zella's phenomenal. He was one of the best interpreters of Beethoven ever. The entire site, all of his Beethovens are good. I mean, the third is exceptional, but his fifth is seventh, is sixth, is ninth. They're all good. So sell in the Cleveland. I mean, yes, that in the nineteen fifties and early sixties he had some amazing orchestras and conductors in America. It's just amazing. Andrew, as an expert public speaker, what do you make of the constant tone of yelling in Trump's last speech? Many dictators yell this speech. Is it is intended to be threatening? Does it projective fear? I think it's pretty yeah. In this case, I think projected anger and fear, frustration. I'm doing so much good for you guys, and you don't appreciate me. You know, he knows what he's doing is not working, and American people know it, and he's trying to convince them that in spite of the evidence of their senses, it is. And it's frustrating to him. And he's yelling out of frustration and anger and fear. It's, you know, hoping to through the yelling, get their point across. He's I mean, I also think Trump is slowly cognitively losing it. And I think that that's part of it. I don't think he's I mean, some of the answers he gives the questions are so ludicrous, so crazy, some of his tweets are so ludicrous, so crazy, that you have to say, cognitively, there's something. There's a schools loose Andrews says. I feel the same blunt, though harsh certainty expressed in James Carvell's famous campaign line, it's the economy stupid applies to solving the world's problems. It's altruism stupid. Yeah, there's no question. And then, of course the question is why is it so difficult? Why is it so difficult to eradicate altruism? But yeah, if it is altruism stupid, over and over and over and over and over again, in every aspect of our lives, it's all right, guys, thank you, thank you all the super chatow is, thank you for all you being here. Don't forget to go to patreon dot com and become a monthly supporter, don't forget to join us on December thirty first, and yeah, I will see there will be a show tomorrow. Actually a change of plans, schedule shifted and I will be doing a show tomorrow, topic to be determined, to be determined. Let see you tomorrow, if not Monday, Bye, everybody,