Speaker 1: We're officially back. Hello, and I don't know of any days off in the near future other than like Labor Day.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I was gonna say, I don't. I have no vacation planned besides like weekend stuff where I'm not taking vacation.
Speaker 1: I have vacation, but I leave on Tuesday, a Tuesday, so I was able to do the podcast on a Monday, which is great. So welcome that vacation. Do you have in two weeks of going to a Kadia?
Speaker 2: Okay? I figured it was probably your National Park one, but I didn't. Yes, remember, I have one present for you, and I had intended on having two. It's not a present. Actually, I shouldn't have I shouldn't have started like that.
Speaker 1: Well, what the hell is it? An noise?
Speaker 2: No, it's just your rain jacket back.
Speaker 1: That is not a prize.
Speaker 2: I know. I don't know why I said it like that. I was trying to set it up in a different ways.
Speaker 1: I thought, you're on be a souvenir.
Speaker 2: No, okay, so here's your jacket back because I didn't want to forget. But I'm back from Icelands, and don't let me borrow her jacket.
Speaker 1: It smells grows does it.
Speaker 2: Because I did sniff it to see if I needed to like clean it somehow, and I didn't know. I honestly, we got really fucking lucky with the weather because we did not encounter much rain at all.
Speaker 1: That's great.
Speaker 2: It was really really crazy different weather than what I anticipated from everything I read about and heard from people. Yeah, but I truly was going to bring you back at present. But here's the story. Okay, you told me about the cinnamon rolls at Broad and Co. And I go first day, have one text fallon. It was beautiful. It was like heaven in my mouth. As soon as I started eating.
Speaker 1: I'm always like, it's not like an American cinnamon roll. It doesn't a blaze, It's just a million times batter.
Speaker 2: It's just so good. It's very doe. It's great. So start the trip with that last full day there, we're back in I don't Reiki Vic. I can't even say it still Reaki Vic. So I'm like, hey, we got to go to Broad and Co. And it's like three in the afternoon, so I'm like, they're kind of closing students, so let's go to this one close by and in case they're out, we'll go to this other one. We go, they're out. I'm like, god darn it. So we go to the other one and we bolt it there because they're closing at four and it's like three thirty. And I get there and they had one left. Yeah, and Mama was hungry. I don't blame you it. So I ate it, and I'll be truthful. That one was on a scale of the first one being a ten out of ten, that one was only at about a seven at that point. I feel like they're so I feel like if I and that was Saturday, I wouldn't have gotten it to you until today, which is Monday.
Speaker 1: It would have been terrible.
Speaker 2: It would have been terrible, and so I ate it. But I really was going to bring you back since you let me borrow your jacket, I was going to bring you back one. And they had one left.
Speaker 1: A thought accounts Kaya, who used to be on the morning show k Wan Too, brought me back one and it was pretty quick, like I think, like literally the next day. And it still wasn't I mean, I still ate most of it, but I was like not going to complain. But it's kind of like a sweetmarth As cookie, like the I know some people don't like Sweet martha Is. Keep in mind I love them, yes, but when they're fresh and warm, they're amazing. But about two hours later, no, thanks, Yeah, I don't need them. They don't.
Speaker 2: They lose they lose something. No, and I feel the same. I do feel the same way about Sweet Martha's. But I was so sad because I intended on getting like four, because I was gonna definitely eat one right away, probably eat one later in the day.
Speaker 1: That's what Jake and I did.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and bring like one other back for myself and one back for you. And I got there and there was one left.
Speaker 1: And I'm like, oh, I kind of wish I had tried some other other pastries. They had so many, but I was like, I just want to go basic to try.
Speaker 2: I did get one of the other ones because they only had one cin mineral left, and I did eat that later in the day. But once again, I think because it was soaate in the day, I don't feel like it held up as well had it been earlier. But it was good. It was kind of some omens pastry of some sort, but it was pretty good. So I'm sorry I didn't bring anything.
Speaker 1: You are forgiven. It's totally fine. So with the trip back from Iceland, what were some of your highlights?
Speaker 2: It's really hard to say, because I really think that every single day I had a fantastic time. My sister and I traveled so well together.
Speaker 1: It's so good.
Speaker 2: I mean, I was in charge of everything for the most part, and that's fine because that's my personality anyways. But just every little thing, like we ended up basically beating jet leg because instead of going to bed at a normal time, we stayed up till like two or three in the morning every day because the sun doesn't set there right now, and then we'd sleep in till ten am, and so we basically were on Central Time for the most part. That's awesome because we were. In other terms, it would have been going to bed at like ten pm and getting up at five am. So that was fun. And then when we would get up, it wasn't like this rush to get going or anything like we'd get up and start doing things right away, but we both like to put makeup on and so, and she took much longer in that aspect of things. But then I'd just start driving if she was still getting ready. So like the getting ready, time worked out, she was down to do every single thing that I wanted to do. I didn't really think ahead of the fact that, like, I'm very used to having someone with me on trips who was very adventurous like me, and so I did bring on some hikes that were terrifying to her. The first one we did on the first full day we were there, she didn't come all the way to the top. I just like literally started running, and I bought trail runners actually and ended up using those instead of my hiking boots the entire trip. And it was great because I literally did some trail running on this because if she didn't want to come, I would like kind of run and go much faster. And so there were a couple of hikes where she didn't actually come all the way to the top with me because she just has a fear of things. But and I also I am a very fast paced hiker and walker, so I had to like slow down a little bit here and there because she didn't walk quite as fast as me. And I know I walked fast because even when I hiked with some people on the North Shore a month or so ago, they even brought it up They're like, you're really fast, and I was like, man, I thought we were all going the same pace. Yeah, Like no, we were keeping pace with you.
Speaker 1: And I was like, oh, I'm a fast walker, but I'm not a fast hiker. But I can't slow down, so whatever my pace is, Like going with Olive kills me because I'm like, bro, if I slow down and take a stop every ten seconds, I'm not going to finish it. Like I let my mind ruin things, like I am not a mind over matter person, like I'll it'll ruin me. So I'm like, I'm not made to hike with children, but I have one.
Speaker 2: So yeah. But I mean, Iceland's just beautiful. It's like if you combined Oregon with Alaska with Colorado, like so many different landscapes in one And truly I didn't love a lot of the stuff that most people go to because we had traveled the country on the Ring Road, which goes around the whole country. A lot of people just do the South area and the Golden Circle and just the landscape in my opinion, in like the Northeast and the East Fjors, those towns and all that stuff. It was just so beautiful and I honestly felt like it was a little bit more beautiful than some of the other stuff that most people go to. But I mean still regardless, it's all amazing. No matter what you do, it's still amazing. So I yeah, we had such a great time, and I think by the last full day that we had, we were so drained because we had done so much, like every single day it was multiple things, if not multiple hikes whatever, and it was constantly driving too, So I definitely was very drained by the last day that we didn't do a whole ton and we were at our campsite by like five pm, and it was literally part of the camper van company that we rented from. They have their own little campsite because we had to be there at like six thirty the next morning anyways to drop the camper van off and get to the on our flight. So that was really convenient, but I felt like it was such a waste that we were just like sitting in the camper in this like camper van lot whatever. But yeah, stay in any hotels or anything, No, just did the van the whole tel okay, because you had mentioned maybe you would get a hotel, I thought I didn't know how my sister would do because obviously I have done camper van stuff for like a year now, so I'm very used to the small quarters and whatever. But we stayed at campsites, and I am going to give the exclusive of the sketchy shit that we did on this site on this trip that we couldn't have done, and maybe we'll be burned by it eventually. I have to check my accounts. So most campsites only have people working at them. From now I gotta do military time. What's eighteen to twenty two.
Speaker 1: It's twelve hours different, So eighteen would be six.
Speaker 2: Okay, so six to ten pm? Okay, So six to ten pm they'd have like somebody working in for you to go pay, and then again in the morning from like ten am to like noon or one or something. So we found that out the first night because we rolled in at like nine forty five pm, and then at like ten they closed up and other people were coming in and nobody knew how to pay whatever, And I was like, wait, shit, like so if we get here after.
Speaker 1: Jenny, we don't have to pay Jenny.
Speaker 2: And I only say this because my friend went there.
Speaker 1: How much was it to stay at it like you pay per person, okay, but it was anywhere from probably like already five to fifty dollars for like total sorry for two people, and which I know in the grand scheme of things, isn't that expensive.
Speaker 2: But the way we were traveling, we literally were getting in after anyone was working, right, and sometimes we were leaving before. And so of the nine nights, yeah, three of them we did not pay. Oh okay, And so I think the thing honestly, yeah, yah, there's only one campsite. I'm a little bit nervous we're gonna get a fine appe because did you guys go to It's called like Stoked Stokesnis Island. It's got like like a Viking village, but it's this like black sand beach with these mountains that overlook it. I did one of my pots. They have like a.
Speaker 1: Viking burial there. We went to one they were we went to. I felt like definitely black sand beaches. I don't know if it's that one. It's not that one, okay.
Speaker 2: Anyways, It so that one people just like go and they pay to go to the look at the Viking village and the beach and these mountains and stuff, and we went and explored at like twelve thirty am that night, and we got into the campsite at like midnight, so everything shut whatever, and we go and explore, get up in the morning and we leave and I go to this coffee shop and my sister was just like hanging out in the van at that point, and I just wanted to like chill and drink coffee for a little bit. And it was more of a restaurant, so I go and sit up at the bar and I'm talking to this guy who's working behind there for a while and he goes, yeah, I mean, you guys are really lucky you didn't get shot. And I go what. He's like, you can't, like you can't go there after hours, And I'm like, I saw so many people walking down there, like they put a gate up. Yeah, and You're like, so you can't drive down there anymore. But people had been walking back and forth so when the gate was up, so I thought it was okay. But when we went there was no one there and he goes, no, that's like privately owned. That guy's like known to be a little bit crazy. And then he tells me the story about how his friend's grandma used to own it, which is so wild to think this beautiful landscape is like rightly owned. And his friend's grandma used to own it. She was kind of like having dementia on her deathbed, and this guy got her to sign it over to him and so now he owns it. And so some Iceland tea drama for you. And so that was one thing that we probably we didn't pay for the campsite at that one. So yeah, that's the one where I think we're gonna get knocked on if we get a fine. In case there's because there's cameras everywhere in Iceland. They get you for everything if you don't pay the parking fees, which was the one thing I didn't do enough research on. I had no idea you had to basically pay it every single waterfall to park.
Speaker 1: Yes, I guess I don't remember that, but yes, yeah, you have to.
Speaker 2: And so by the end, once we got to the Golden Circle area, we kind of ended up skipping most everything I had pinned because I was like, we've seen so many waterfalls. I do not care about paying for parking.
Speaker 1: Again, Like I remember, before you left it, go you kind of get to the point where like, oh, like I've seen I'm good on waterfalls. When we just drove up North Jakes, you want to stop a Gooseberry falls, I'm like, I don't. I don't care. I feel so bad. He's like, cool, there are other cool things. I'm like, I just don't care about seeing a waterfall right now.
Speaker 2: Yeah. But anyways, so yeah, I feel like there was I took like some notes because I feel like there was something I wanted to bring up on here, but I don't really know. The only other thing I'll say is if you go to Iceland in the summer, and what time did you guys? What time of the year did you go.
Speaker 1: I want to say it was in August, but I can't remember because we got married in September and we went before our wedding.
Speaker 2: Okay, which, by the way, Fallon brought me back a hat from that trip, and I wore that like the entire trip, a winter hat. Yeah, you got me a winter hat and it's like a nice ill wear, yeah, like wool hat. I literally wore that most of the trip.
Speaker 1: Oh, what's that like getting a souvenir from Iceland?
Speaker 2: Jenny, I'm sorry, No, the only thing I'll say is that there was one hike that was very highly recommended from so many people to this like hot thermal river and it was one of the worst things we did because, oh no, why they have things called biting midges and it is like flies that just fucking attack you. And so you can see all these marks on my Oh yes, the mosquito bites kind of they are so they don't have mosquitoes, but they have these biting midges basically in like June and July or something. And it was so weird because on the way up there's was a decent amount of elevation on this hike to get to the river, which was like two and a half miles to get there, and on the way up it was so bad. My sister like she gets frustrated. I think a little bit easier than I did. But she was like super chill the entire trip. That was the only time I think I saw her, yeah, get frustrated because they would not leave us alone. At one point, we're sweating our asses off. It's actually a nice day. I put this like zip up I had over my face trying it because they were going into our ears like everything and so we get to the river. It was fine when we were in the river, but then on the way down, I was like, we're literally going to run down this trail just now, I'm not dealing with these butts. No, But on the way down it was like, I don't know if it was because the wind, it was the opposite way. But the bugs didn't bother us on the way down, but we still saw the people coming up swatting at things. It was so weird, even though they were two feet next to us but going in a different direction. So, yeah, be aware that something called biting midges exists in Iceland. You don't have to deal with mosquitoes, but you might have to deal with those if you ever go in the summertime.
Speaker 1: Did you like the wild Icelandic courses?
Speaker 2: Yes, they were great. I think we went up to like a few that did come up to us right away, but a lot of them kind of ran away. Yeah, when we would like get too close.
Speaker 1: Did you notice I think it's like the sheep are in threes always.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I believe that when a mother has a baby, she always has two or something like that. Because someone explained why they're always in threes, and I think it was something like that.
Speaker 2: Oh you know what I mean. I don't think I noticed that until you brought it up. I would see three at a time. But now that you bring it up, that makes sense, because yeah, it was usually always like three rolling around on the side or like walking on the side of the road. So yeah, that was Yeah, that was fun.
Speaker 1: Did you see wild goats? Like she like, I'm like, honey in the mountains.
Speaker 2: Or I might have seen we I think we did see some goats. Honestly, at the top of one of the hikes, my sister didn't come all the way up. There was probably like another one hundred or two hundred yards that she didn't make it to. But at the top it was like this pretty like a very steep drop off of this rock formation. So you're sitting up there, you're getting your pictures. This girl starts face timing. She's by herself, and I'm by myself, and she starts face timing. I'm trying to get a video of me with the background or whatever. I hear her scream and I'm like, what the heck because this bird just flopped right next to her on this rock and where she was sitting she is like so lucky because she was facetiming too at the same time that she did not fall. And I so those birds because then I get down to where my sister is and then my sister points at this bird and she goes that thing scared the shit out of me. And I was like, dude, that thing just did that. Did the girl up there and she almost fell.
Speaker 1: Off the edge?
Speaker 2: Uh huh no, pass, Yeah, that's about it.
Speaker 1: Well, welcome back. We missed you.
Speaker 2: Thank you. I mean you went on adventures too. I didn't know you were gonna go to the North Shore and that looked fine.
Speaker 1: We loosely talked about it. I was we initially was like, let's go for the Fourth of July weekend and Jake, we have a bow, like, let's actually and I was in a grance, like I didn't want to pay for a hotel and everything is We're going on our Akadia trip in a couple of weeks. So we yeah, we just went. We drove up Toby's is Jake's mess stop spot always has been since we've like gone up there together. I had never been to the Black Sand Beach, but it became it's like one of those Tiktoks I saw probably four years ago or something, and I saved it and just have never gone. And I was going to go to the Iona one to the Pink Rock Beach, but we didn't stop at that one because at that point where the kind of worn out. We did the day hill hike to go see the Split Rock and it was so foggy you couldn't see it, which is also like it was a very foggy day we chose, but we always go to New Scene and Cafe. It's our favorite restaurant. And then we stopped at a coffee place called like Cedar something Theater coffee company. Yeah, there's a local. I follow a handful of local other than Jetty of course, local bloggy kind of travel people. And one girl is like liz An Lately and she had posted that it was like a really great one. But when I went there, I was like, I am ninety nine percent positive I have been here before, Like I.
Speaker 2: Don't forget it because it's kind of in a woe yeah woods area.
Speaker 1: I'm ninety nine point nine percent positive I've gotten coffee there before. Yeah, So anyway, it was good. It was, you know, a fun full day with the family. Water was obviously way too cold to get into. Knew that was going to be the case, but yeah, so it was. It was good. We had a good Fourth of July. I decided I don't hate fireworks. I just don't give a shit about them. Yeah, I don't think I will. Ever, I didn't do it this year for this reason. I don't want to stay up late. I don't want to drive somewhere and park and deal with crowds. I don't want to be around mosquitoes. And it's always the same. If I knew someone, and this has been the case before, whose house was just right there with the fireworks, you could just sit on their lawn, I would go, yeah, but I do not, And so I just I do not care about fireworks enough. I get to hear them all night. Congratulations, you know what I mean. Like, I don't know. That was because we went last year to Excelsior. I was just eaten a live by Mosquitos the whole time. Traffic it was chaotic. I'm like, no, it's not worth it.
Speaker 2: I don't think I've enjoyed them living in the Twin Cities. However, growing up, when my parents were together, we had a pool, so we actually that was like the one thing a year we did was throw a Fourth of July party. Yeah, and we my dad would always put on a firework show and nothing crazy like we didn't get the ones that shoot up high in the sky, but he would spend like a few hundred dollars on fireworks. And so I think I really enjoyed stuff like that because of my childhood. And then my sister lived on the lake, which they always do the big firework show in my hometown from the lakeside park. So then I've done that where I've like kayaks out and watched it from the lake and stuff from her house. But in the Twin Cities, I do not seek out fireworks.
Speaker 1: That must see what it is, because we say growing up my ann Barbara, uncle Raymond had a big farm. They would host a fireworks show. It's like a huge all day thing. And then I've even hosted Fourth of July parties like at my house like since living here, but it never involved fireworks. So I like a Fourth of July gathering. But that's where I drovel. I just don't care yeah about fireworks enough, and I've I made the declaration this Fourth of July and let my family know. Jake was very sad and disappointed. But he was sad and disappointed because he realized. He was like, I'm taking the boat out. We're not going to excel se or it was a nightmare to get back through the channels.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah.
Speaker 1: But he's like, we're gonna go to the one amound and he looked it up and realized it's like this weekend the fireworks they have. It was not the fourth of July week Never mind, we are not going. Because he was like, we're gonna go at nine They're at like nine fifty. And Hannah, his sister, and I were like, no, we're not. I go. You feel free to go. I Am not going to the fireworks, no chance. But we had a lovely weekend. We got a ton done. I watched every possible thing in my house, pillows, betting. I like that being done. Yeah, did a lot of pull time at Lifetime yesterday just really you know, got it in so good times.
Speaker 2: I was pretty proud of myself because when I landed yesterday, I had to do some work on the morning show, and then I took a quick little nappy because I had been up like I didn't sleep much the night before, but then I literally did unpacked every single thing, did all of my laundry from the trip, mowed the lawn, returned things I bought for the trip that I didn't use or need, and then grocery shops and did like some organization in the house. But one thing is when I pulled up in my uber to get dropped off after the airport, I just forgot that I owned a house for a while. And as I rolled up and I saw the grass needed to be caught. The big sections of the grass that got ruined by grubs is still not fucking growing and it's driving me insane and I don't get it. I am trying like everything I can. And I also forgot that I started demoing my kitchen before I left, and then I have a whole ass project in my kitchen. I'm mid doing it. And I really have to say, owning a home and living it in by in it by yourself is pretty fucking exhausted.
Speaker 1: Yeah, like I.
Speaker 2: Really, truthfully, I took care of things on the inside of the house, Andrew took the care of lautside. Yeah, and so then now having to do all of it, it just becomes really draining sometimes, And granted I put myself in the position of all these house projects, I get that, but uh yeah, I just kind of came home and was slapped into reality really quickly. Well.
Speaker 1: Also, it's been raining NonStop, so even though like we've been keeping up on mowing, it didn't matter, like three days later you have to moan again. It's been out of control. So I can only imagine how tall year grass was for being gone away.
Speaker 2: It was and half horrible because I was so nervous about that because I had intended on mowing at the day I was leaving, but it had been raining all day, and it had rained the two days prior, and I had I don't know, I hadn't mowed it too long before that, so I really didn't get it mowed. I don't know, it probably had been like two and a half weeks. But yeah, the only thing that I don't know, I feel like I don't talk about this stuff a lot anymore because I think I've like I'm not moved on from everything that's happened in my life. But towards the end of the trip, I was like, oh my god, I just spent all of this time with my sister, and I had a good time with her, and it was so fun. And I know how much I love my alone time, but it was so nice to have a person with me. Yeah, like pretty consistently. So towards the end of the trip, I started getting like the vacation blues, like sad it was ending, like yeah, going back to reality. But the main thing was that, like I was so sad that I was going home. God, I get so mad at myself for getting upset, but I was going home to like nobody, yeah, you know. And it was like one thing that hit me for the first time in a while of like emotions of like this is the first time I've ever experienced that or not ever experienced it, but I haven't experienced something like that in a while. So it's like, you know, you want to go home and tell everyone or tell someone like everything you did. And I was going home to like an empty house.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: And that was like, honestly like the harder part of being sad about ending a vacation versus like I was like I was excited to get back to a routine and stuff. Yeah, And I was honestly exhausted from all the shit we did on that show that I was ready for like just not doing five million things a day. But I really was like, man, I at this point in my life, I am I am really sad to not live close to family, Like, yeah, it makes me like really realize that. I mean, I miss out on so much stuff, and I just like, I don't I have like a support system of great friends here, but I don't have that family support system here. And that was like kind of a big realization I had on that trip, was like my family all can see each other at any given moment, and I just do not have that living in the Twin Cities. But I also will never move back to fund Wisconsin.
Speaker 1: I know that this is like an outsider's perspective, and I don't know like what your emotions were during the trip, but one thing I actually thought of with you on that trip is I was like, she would never ever have experienced this time and these memories with her sister had you not been broken up. Yeah, I genuinely don't think you ever would have done a trip like that ever with your sister period for life. And I was like, and I literally thought about your sister. Also, you brought this up off the podcast earlier. But I was, I literally said to Jake, I go, Jenny's sister two years ago had a stroke. I bet every single one of these like things are things she never thought she'd do again. And these are like I just thought about, like the beautiful like memories you guys were creating together for like for you, you this was a trip you planned when you were still together, but you never knew if he was going with you because he never had committed but to this trip for like work reasons, but you were, you know, in a different headspace yep. And how like I don't know it was. I felt like it was seemed very as someone who knows you and knows like inside stuff. It seemed like something really special that you did in spite of things for both of you and together, and I thought that was really like.
Speaker 2: Lovely, And I agree, I am so so happy that we did that together because it is something that like we'll both remember for the rest of our lives. And it was so great. And I told Vallanes already, like truly, I did not spend a ton of time hanging out with my younger sister growing up, because she was the younger sister and my older sister and I were a year apart in school and we just had like mutual friends almost, and so like we spent a lot of time together. And when you're a kid, you know, you're eight year old sister and I'm twelve and my older sister's thirteen, Like that's a that's a big life difference at that point, so you just don't hang out. Yeah, and so it was just nice because now we're both adults and it was nice to have that time with her. And I agree, I like, you know, there's a lot that has changed in my life in the last few months, and a lot of things that are different that would I know, I wouldn't be doing if it wasn't for the situation that I'm in. But yeah, the the trip really was great, and I'm I had so much fun and that was true. Really one of my things is when I became single, like I was so sad did not have like this person who I went on all of these trips with and had so much fun all the time because we had traveled so well together. I was like, what if I never find someone like that? Because I'm pretty aggressive when I go on trips with the planning and like the amount of adventures I want to do, and Katie was literally down to do every single thing that I was down to do. And was she scared on some of the hikes, yeah?
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: And I felt bad because I literally didn't even think twice as I'm like running up these mountains and yeah, on like a ledge area, and she like I had to hold her hand on a couple things, and I was like, I'm like, oh my god, I'm so sorry. Like I it didn't cross my mind when I was planning certain things that she might be scared to do whatever, but she still did literally almost every single thing.
Speaker 1: Also, not being close to family is such a real thing. I'm very lucky, Like I have Jake Sanley and I like them so much, and then obviously my mom is here, but cult who my radio partner. He talks about that a lot, Like he gets he'll like be like, what's to like having a family around? Or he'll go a step further, what's to like having like a family you like being around? You know, you could have a family around, but you don't actually enjoy hanging out with them like we genuinely enjoy Jake's family and stuff. So much that like we actively like look for things to do with them, you know. And I just yesterday sent I am the Jenny of Jake's family, and I sent yesterday our full itinerary for Acadia to the entire family group chat. But they're just I don't think any of them would plan a single thing if I didn't plan it. I'm not kidding. I don't even know if they would have. I think the trip would have just got been canceled. I don't think they would have even booked a hotel.
Speaker 2: And the thing is, the people that are like that, they don't care about doing a million things like you and I do, so like they are still going to have fun on the trip even if they don't have an itinerary. But I think that we just have these expectations of trips and if you don't do your research, you're going to miss out on like they're really fun things.
Speaker 1: Well, the one thing I don't have, we don't I said, we don't just stick to the itinerary. We can change things around, especially like weather depending But like, the thing I don't like is going on a trip and you don't have any ideas, so you sit around for two hours being like where should we go for dinner or what should do for an activity? And also the good thing with his family and like how he kind of explained Katie, they're down for literally anything, and I have like other friends or family that are like really indecisive and like it would just be kind of a nightmare. I think. Yeah, so I was going to tell you too. I know we're getting close to time here, but I was talking to a friend and it was like I just wanted to share it on the podcast because I thought it was like, she's you look like younger than me, but I always think she's like very, very wise. And we were just talking about like a breakup and like work stuff and different things, and she said a couple of things to me and I was like, I hadn't really thought of them like that, but but basically she was like, I believe you have two types of decisions you make. You've sold a decisions and you have ego decisions, and which in reality, maybe you've thought of it like that before. She's like, but she's like talking about a job and she's like, this one would be ego based, Yeah, this one is soul based. Sometimes there can be a little bit of crossover, but we were going in depth and like I can't go into details because she'd probably kill me, but with also relationships and stuff, and she was talking about timing and how timing seems to just always work out the way it's supposed to write, and that doesn't mean that bad things don't happen, and things like that. But it really did have me thinking because I've made a lot of decisions in my life on the ego side of things, right, especially when you're younger, and I think as you get older, you do get better most people, some people can never grow out of it. I think you do get better about making the soul decisions. And it's like maybe it's not as flashy of a title or like a company, or maybe it's not like this or that, but like does it fulfill you in a deeper way or make you happier overall or different things? And I think a lot of people have tough decisions they have to make, And I would just say, my wise friend recommended to look at it truly objectively and are you having a hard time based on ego or based on soul? And that the timing can work out perfectly. So I just wanted to pass that along because I was like, I had been thinking about that a lot lately for various things in my life, and I just really I was like, I really appreciate it, Like that was like we weren't even talking about me in this moment, but I'm going to apply that to my life. So anything else. No, did you watch the Alex Cooper documentary? No, it's only like two episodes. I watched it. I thought it was pretty good.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean I just read the I mean I think on like some of the Dave Stirt stuff on the show. Yeah, just about how other teammates were like basically saying like they didn't have any issues with the she brought up. That's the only thing I really know about.
Speaker 1: I feel bad, Like I'm glad she shared that for her peace of mind. That was the least interesting part of her documentary because I care about her career part, because the career is a similar alignment to like hours, just on obviously much grander scale in the fact that it's been like five years and she's already this huge that is literally wild, literally wild.
Speaker 2: So I'll watch it though, Yeah, that sounds good.
Speaker 1: It was only two episodes. I just and the first one was a lot about the soccer team college thing.
Speaker 2: Oh okay, I really just got into Love Island. But I'm still chanting. I know, I'm still only on episode like ten or something. I'm so far behind, four.
Speaker 1: Hundred behind now.
Speaker 2: Yeah, something like that, which I didn't realize is going into it. What a commitment it is every day of your life. So I that's the only thing I've committed to. But I think I need to like take it easy this week on because I did. I think the month of June I had myself like overworked in certain like house project stuff and getting ready for this trip and all this other stuff. And the only thing I care about this week is kind of like honestly resting because that wasn't exactly a relaxing vacation, and getting some content out on my blog, which watch out, because if you're interested in stuff that we did in Iceland, I'll have that up. I'm shooting for by like Sunday to at least have a couple blogs up just about like our itinerary and how we did camper van life there and stuff. But I'm going to try to put quite a few things up about Iceland because I had so many questions. So that's my week. So maybe I'll sit my ass on the couch and start watching a lot of TV. I'll like work on stuff at the same time. Am I going to need to really pay attention to Alex Cooper's documentary or could maybe work.
Speaker 1: A little bit at the same time work? Okay, it's really short. It's literally, like I said, two episodes. That's not I was like, oh I could have used more. So yeah, anyway, but okay, well we're happy to back. Yeah, thanks for listening. Have a wonderful week.