Speaker 1: It's nice eye.
Speaker 2: I'm going easy. Boston's News Radio.
Speaker 3: All right, back to the calls. We're talking about autonomous vehicles. I have had the pleasure I'm driving in an autonomous vehicle. Basically, it's called a way Mow in San Francisco and it was in I guess was January. When I was out there and tried. It worked fine, pretty easy. I haven't heard from too many people who have experienced this, but it's different. It's like calling an uber or lyft and there's no driver, So it's good for people who don't want to have to talk to the drivers. I guess I like to talk to drivers, but I need and I also like to talk to you. Let's give us a call. Six one seven, two, five, four ten thirty six one seven nine three one ten thirty. Just love to know what attitude on this is. I mean, at thirty forty years now, I'm sure autonomous cars will be the rage, and we probably will have no accidents because well, with every car on the road is autonomous and there are braking systems designed and all of it, we won't have accidents. But it's going to take a while for us to get there. It's going to take a while for me to get to my calls. Let me go to Glenn and West Roxbury, Glenn. You were next door nightside.
Speaker 4: Welcome Greg, Hello Dan Hi. I think the self driving cars would be fantastic idea because ninety percent of car accidents are caused by human error. So if human's on driving should be a lot of less accidents.
Speaker 3: I think you make a lot of sense. I think that that as night follows day, exactly what you said, that you take the human element out of it. Now, will there be some accidents? Probably, But I would think that if that if every car in the road was designed as an autono this vehicle, there would be no accidents. And again it's a weird Let me tell you. When you get in that car and you realize no one's in the front seat, and all of a sudden, the voice in the car says, make sure your seat belt is securely fastened, and you do that because if you don't fasten your seat belt, the car's stock got to pull away from the curb, and then all of a sudden, the steering wheel starts to turn and you can feel the car starting to move and you're you're in a way mo so we hadn't talked about this in any depth in a while here at Night's side, and then Marita and I today said, well, let's do a couple of different things. We talked about the Patriots walker room complaints in the first hour, and we're talking about this in the in the ten and eleven o'clock hours. So you would you you haven't experienced this yet, would you hesitate if you were in a city like Phoenix, LA Or San Francisco with these cars were available to try them, to try them.
Speaker 4: I'd sure like to try it, to see how it feels. One thing I'm thinking of is every single year there's over forty thousand people that die from car recC and it's if every cow.
Speaker 3: I think they've they've brought that number down a little bit. I think it's more like about thirty But thirty thousand people are enough to fill Fenway Park, so it's a lot of people. Maybe you might be right, you.
Speaker 4: Know, go ahead, Maybe maybe if every cow was self driving, it would be like really really low, like way lower.
Speaker 3: I think I tend to think you're right on that one, Glenn, to be really honest with you, So thanks, thanks for weighing in on your point of view on this. Have you called the show before? Is this your first time?
Speaker 4: I called in years ago when the cold was the hot doctor.
Speaker 3: Doctor Larry Cone, and I miss him so much. He's a great he was a great man. And what a legacy he did. I think it was twelve thousand heart surgeries at his career.
Speaker 2: Just wow.
Speaker 5: I ended up going to going.
Speaker 4: To see him, actually because he was on the show, so I ended up going to his office.
Speaker 3: Ah, he was an incredible guy. I hope he took care of you. Obviously you're still alive and everything, Okay, I hope at this point.
Speaker 4: Well, unfortunately I've had five hot attacks, so but I'm still here.
Speaker 3: That's an important thing. That's an important How old are you, Glenn?
Speaker 4: Sixty six and I'm still trying.
Speaker 3: You know what, Glenn, you're a very young man. So just keep that weight down, eat a little bit better, get a little bit of exercise, and make sure you see your doctor. Okay.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I became a vegetarian eleven years ago and I've never weighed more than one hundred and fifty pounds, so I never had that.
Speaker 7: Problem.
Speaker 4: But every man on my father's side of the family, we all had the hot trouble.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well, this genetics is something you kind you kind of avoid, and I wish your good health, my friend, and I hope to hear from you more often.
Speaker 4: Okay, Kerry, thanks a lot.
Speaker 3: Thanks glad to talk to you soon. Let me go to Martha down in Sekong, down on the south coast. Hi, Martha, how are you tonight?
Speaker 8: Okay, Canio, I'm doing just great.
Speaker 3: Tell me what you thought are about these autonomous vehicles.
Speaker 8: Well, I when my son and I had talked about it in the past, I was kind of nervous about it. He actually works for Waimo. He's a cyber security guy, and he told me that it's very safe. Those guys are very safe, and a couple of months ago he mentioned that their competition hit a pedestrian and they dragged the woman a couple of feet, so their competition got they weren't able to to do the testing anymore until, you know, until they got checked out and stuff make sure everything's okay. So I asked my son what does Waymo do so that doesn't happen to them, and he said that they factor in like children running into the streets and stuff like that. So they have different things that they do so they don't hit hit anybody. But I'm not sure if I would be interested in.
Speaker 3: Let me ask is who was the competition that uh the name of the company Cruise Cruise like.
Speaker 8: Huh okay, yeah, and I had never heard of them before.
Speaker 3: Well, that's you know, capitalistic system. You've got different companies out there competing. So so your son works, is he based? I think it's a cool your son works for way moment.
Speaker 8: Google, right, yeah, he he works remote. He used to live in the Bay Area, but now he's he's in a different state. But a few times he has to, you know, go to California and and do some testing on the Carsia and the gentleman that was talking about the car getting hacked, you know, I want I don't think i'd be worried about the weather. He talked about a couple of things, you know, the weather. I think that they would probably factor in snowstorms and stuff like that. But like my son says, the cybersecurity guys, they have to be correct one hundred percent of times, whereas a bad hacker only has to be correct one time to you know, mess things up.
Speaker 3: No, I hear you I hear you that. What does your son do? Is he a programmer?
Speaker 8: Uh? Yeah, he works on the safety issues of it. You know, he tries to hack the system.
Speaker 3: Okay, yeah, okay, no, I get Yeah, you need people like that obviously. Hopefully we have people in our government who's trying to find the weaknesses in the SOB security system and all of that. Yeah, we need people like that. Absolutely. It's like when, like in the old days, you need a lot you need a locksmith to come to your house to put a lock on to make sure no one can walk in through the front door unnoticed. Same same principle, a little more complicated what your son's doing though. Yeah, Hey, thanks Martha. Have I heard from you before? Is this your first time calling?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 8: I called a few years ago.
Speaker 3: You know, it's really funny people will tell me I called a few years ago. Call more often. Okay. I really love to hear different voices more frequently. Thanks for listening down there on the South coast. And uh and and thanks for calling, and come on back soon.
Speaker 8: Okay, all right, thank you, have a good I hope.
Speaker 3: Your son occasionally listens to us. You know, you can tell your son if he wants to tomorrow. We will have this hour post it like we post our hours all the time at Nightside on Demand dot com. He he could listen to this hour. Tell him you were on about eleven fifteen. He'd be able to. He'd be pretty proud of hearing his mom on the radio.
Speaker 8: Well, I called him up to because I was hoping he'd call in and talk to you, but he was afraid that he wouldn't be able to get the reception where he's at.
Speaker 3: Well, all he's got to do is go to WBZ on the web WBZ Boston and we brought web live and he can he can go to Night's if he's that's easy. If he listens to tomorrow, he can listen to the replay of this hour at Nightside on demand dot com.
Speaker 8: All right, all right, well, thank.
Speaker 3: You, thank you, Martha, appreciate it. Have a great night. Good night. Wow, that's kind of a small world that mom is listening and the son is wor the time for a break? I think, Rob, I'm late a couple of minutes. Here will give the number one more time six one seven, two, five four to ten thirty. Also six one seven, nine, three one ten thirty. Take a quick break here on Nightside, back talking about autonomous vehicles. They will be in the future, not exactly. Well, they're here now. Uh if you want to be a passenger. But in terms of owning an autonomous vehicle that's coming. It might be ten or fifteen or more years, but eventually, your your grandchildren and your children will probably own an autonomous driving vehicle. Back on Nightside after.
Speaker 2: This, Now back to Dan ray Line from the Window World Nightside Studios on WBZ News Radio.
Speaker 3: Keep rowling. You're going to go to Jack in Firmingham. Jack next on Nightside. Welcome, Yes, Hi, Hi Dan, how are you. I'm doing great, Jack, Thanks for calling in. Have you ever had had an experience with an autonomous vehicle?
Speaker 9: Well, no, I haven't yet. It sounds interesting. I had tuned in before eleven, and the young man on the phone suggests that I called back after eleven because I wanted to talk about this economic boycott that was scheduled for tomorrow.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you know again, I'll give you. I don't want to break the chain here since you've called back, you want to mention it, go right ahead. But what I told him was to call back when, if and when we got to open lines. But go ahead. I'll give you an opportunity.
Speaker 6: Go ahead, yes, sir.
Speaker 9: Well, according to what I'm reading from the AP story, the US or residents are being encouraged not to spend any money Friday as an act of economic resistance to protest what the group's founder sees as the influence of billionaires, big corporations, and both major political parties on the lives of working Americas. The People's Union USA calls the twenty four hours of spending abstinence set to start at midnight, an economic blackout.
Speaker 3: Well, so I certainly don't support that, to be honest with you. Why not, Dan?
Speaker 6: Why why not? Why not?
Speaker 3: Because I will go out tomorrow and I have probably put some gas in my car, and I have to probably buy some food for the weekend.
Speaker 5: And I no, I understand that perfectly.
Speaker 9: Dan, I agree with you. But I heard about this earlier in the week and people were being encouraged to get all the shopping done so that we would not have to shop tomorrow.
Speaker 2: So I would just.
Speaker 9: Encourage anybody that cannot shop, who is concerned about the billionaires taken over this country to not shop tomorrow.
Speaker 1: That's all.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Well, that's fine. There's a lot of billionaires who invest in companies and provide people with jobs.
Speaker 10: You know what I'm talking about, Jane.
Speaker 9: I'm thought that the billionaires that are running Washington right now that are trampling on little babies getting vaccines in Africa, these billionaires in the White House.
Speaker 3: Okay, so this is so, this is a political protest against Trump and President Trump.
Speaker 9: No, no, d it says the people. It's the People's Union USA. I'm just reading the A P story. Doesn't say anything about Jackie.
Speaker 3: I got to get to get excited. You. You told me exactly what it was. So if people out there want to take advantage of that and express themselves, that's fine. But I'm not there with that with you on that one. Jack So appreciate your time for calling in. Appreciate that you called back. Feel free to call the show any night. Have a great night. Let's keep rolling. You're going to go to Mike and Wellesley. Mike, I don't know about you, but I'm I'm going to be shopping tomorrow. Go ahead, Mike, I will be too.
Speaker 10: I'm calling about the windmill. I actually have a funny story but happened earlier this year I was in scott Keller was in Scottsville, Arizona, going to Fiesta Bowl, and my wife and I were at a hotel and there was a Waymo park right outside and she was thinking about getting in it, and I'm like, nah, I don't think it's ready for prime time. And it's a couple more years, and we got on the we got home. About two days later. We got home and we saw in the USA Today website that Scottsdale, Arizona Waymo wouldn't let a guy out at the airport. He just kept circling because it somehow got hacked or doctor fuse. And the guy was circling for three hours. And so we were kind of we figured we touched a bullet.
Speaker 3: WHOA. I had not seen that story, and I guess that's possible, or obviously it's more than possible that actually happened.
Speaker 10: He had to call the he had to call waymom uh help service to get them to stop the car.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 3: But then the question is, then the question is how does he know. I mean, let's assume you're going out of Phoenix. Phoenix is a pretty big airport, and you start to panic and you say, well, I want to be I want to stop at the Delta or American or Jet Blue or whatever. Uh he probably you know, if someone else has taken control of the car, that's weird. I mean that, first of all, why would anyone do that when you think.
Speaker 10: About it, to do what hackett? I don't know if pactor was just a glitch in the in the software, but just okay.
Speaker 3: So let's assume it's it's a glitch in the software or a hacket, doesn't matter. I got to assume that Waimo would stay, get out of the car when it stops. Weary you, We'll send another car to pick you up.
Speaker 10: We were pretty happy we toughtched the bullet.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well again. I got into Waimo in San Francisco and it was a really pleasant experience. I mean, it was a comfortable car. Sat there. I was with my daughter and her husband, and basically they explained what was going on. It was, it was all it was. Look when you know, it was just for me. It was a new experience and I just enjoyed it. I thought to myself, I've never done this before. I'm not in San Francisco every day, or a Los Angeles or Phoenix Arizona or Scottsdale. But hey, it worked for me. I'm glad that you didn't get in that car, that's for sure. But it's pretty weird when you see it, isn't it.
Speaker 10: Oh yeah, I mean I'm actually intrigued eventually thinking about ten years, you know, the insurance companies or somebody's going to say, look, it's safer than people driving, especially like at night after stone the bars and stuff. So I do think it's coming. I'm not afraid of the technology. I just don't think it's ready for primetime. And that's where reinforced it that I'm going to wait a few more years.
Speaker 3: Well, right, I think it's ready for primetime in San Francisco, Los Angeles right now. Now. Why anybody is out there trying to hack into a system and cause people aggravation. That's like the people who want to block the Southeast Expressway because they have a political point of you. When people are trying to get to hospital appointments and you know, law offices and get to work, they don't care. Their political point of view is the most important. Our friend Jack from Framingham tomorrow is all excited about He's not gonna He's not gonna buy anything at the store. Okay, good, good for him. That's his right. You've got a lot of freedom to do that. But you know that's I just don't see why anybody plays a prank like that. To me, that's the same thing as person who calls it a bomb a bomb scare. I mean, all that's doing is causing that. The person that hacked the Waimo caused a lot of aggravation, angst, and anxiety to the person who was in the WEIMO. The person who calls the bomb scare or whatever, they're just causing people inconvenience. Yeah, I'm with you. I'm with you. Thanks Mike, appreciate your call.
Speaker 10: Thank you boy, Bye bye.
Speaker 3: All right, if we would like, uh, we will continue with this or or right after the news at the bottom of the Arab we'll give you some open line opportunity. I think this is a fascinating topic. Maybe because I experienced this, I'm a little more interested in it. But we've had some great calls in the last couple of hours. I thank everyone who did call, particularly those who had an opinion on WEIMO one way or the other. It's around, as I say, it exists. It's in Phoenix, it's in San Francisco, it's in Los Angeles. I don't know it's going to be here anytime soon, but there will come a point where people will be buying self driving cars to own, not just to use as self driving the equivalent of a self driving taxicab or self driving uber or self driving lyft. I remember when I got in the car. It was very strange to think, Okay, you're getting in the backseat of a car. There's no one in the front seat, and this car is going to take you from right here, point A to point B. And it did, and it was flawless. And as a matter of fact, it had to make a bit of a U turn on the street to get us across the street. It didn't drop us off on the side of the street and then have us walk across the street. It waited until traffic was clear, and it swung right across the street to where our location was, where we were headed. I mean it what apparently didn't break any sort of traffic rule in San Francisco to do that, uh, and it was It impressed me. We'll take a break six one seven, two ten thirty six one seven nine three one ten thirty. If you want to talk about Waimo or again autonomous self driving vehicles which exist today and are in certain American cities, primarily West Coast cities, feel free to join the conversation if you'd like to call with an open line comment since uh, you can do that as well, and we'll mix them in the the final hour. Fair enough, back on Night's Out after.
Speaker 2: This Night's Side with Dan Ray, I'm WBZY Boston's news radio.
Speaker 3: All right, gonna go to Will in Long Island. Before I do that, let me just say I got some open lines six one, seven, two, five, four to ten thirty six one seven, nine three one ten thirty, and you can give me open lines anything you'd like to talk about. Feel free. I would continue to talk about Waimo as well self driving autonomous vehicles. Will, I'll be interested. Have you experienced this? You're a fairly worldly guy.
Speaker 6: I actually would not get in something like that, although I have thought about it and had opportunities to do that. And there's a couple of reasons.
Speaker 3: Why tell me what it was?
Speaker 6: A couple of reasons, guy, Sure?
Speaker 2: One is I am well.
Speaker 6: I was an insurance guy for many years. I'm a defensive driver. I like to have control of my vehicle, not because I'm worried about necessarily the vehicle that I'm in, per se, but because of the other people driving around me.
Speaker 1: I drive in.
Speaker 6: New York, especially in the city, which is one of the worst places in the world to drive. I'm more concerned about being able to have control over my vehicle, looking in all my mirrors, knowing where all the danger is and what someone else might do by hitting my car. Right, and now I have no control. I can't speed up, I can't leave room in front of me when I break, somebody barreling down on me from behind. You know all of those things, right, So I need to be able to control the vehicle. When more people were in autonomous vehicles and I weren't other people driving on the road, I'd probably be a little more.
Speaker 1: Apt to do it.
Speaker 6: But also when you're talking about but.
Speaker 3: By the way, I don't know just you know, I don't know if there's something I haven't heard of many accidents involving way mosh but and so I don't know if there's something in the system which allows them, which would allow the waymold to take a successful evasive action. Let's say somebody was driving the wrong way down the.
Speaker 6: Street right, or maybe blowing a red light. Though these are things that I don't know what type of technology you could implement that would be able to stop that. But when other vehicles are all connected and they're talking to each other, maybe that would be different. But then when you're talking about hacking the vehicle, I'm more concerned not somebody would hack it to be a nuisance, that somebody would hack the vehicle to use it as a weapon, a hijacked weapon that you could run into crowds of people or something like that. So the more of them that are on the road, there are nefarious actors around the world that would love to be able to utilize vehicles that they can hack into. I'm sure there'll be safety guards in place, but you wouldn't be a great hacker if you weren't able to get past those type of things. Right, So now you have that's.
Speaker 3: I'm not I did not think of that either. That's a legitimate concern.
Speaker 6: Well yeah, I mean, listen, they could get into your home cameras. They could do all types of things again to your computer cameras, feel your identity. All these different things. Now they're going to have you know, pretty much rolling weapons that they will be able to access and control, not just with maybe targets inside the vehicle that they'd like to control, but maybe put those you know, vehicles into you know, like you know, hitting crowds of people, and we see people do that. So you know, I wouldn't put it past somebody that wants to you know, have a terrorist act, you know, use those type of vehicles. It would be probably one of their prime things to do when when when the proliferation of those vehicles are around. And then one last thing, you know, you had a guy talking about billionaires taking over Washington. I just would like to mention to him, billionaires have been taking over Washington since Rockefeller. Okay, there have been billionaires control at least this billionaires.
Speaker 3: I believe he doesn't like that. Look you I obviously I let the guy go Jack from framing him. He doesn't like these billionaires. I'm sure that if I asked him about George Soros, he's probably got a picture of George Soros with a Vote of candle on his wall.
Speaker 6: So but my point is, you know, to pretend that billionaires haven't in this plutocracy that we've had for so long, haven't been bribing our politicians and led. More legislation is written by billionaires than angry mobs of voters. And that's a proven fact that. And they've been doing this to us for years at least these guys, I knew from get go what they wanted to do. I knew what Trump wanted. He's been telling me for you know, eight years, what he wanted to do. So I voted for this billionaire. They weren't behind my back paying politicians to do their dirty work and pretend that they were righteously doing it in votes in Congress. Okay, it's disagree it for me, it's.
Speaker 3: It's I understand your analysis, But for me, it's simpler than that. Neither party has clean hands. We have a system which is the someone said it's the it's the second worst system in the history of the world. You know, all the others are the worst. I mean, we have freedoms in this country. Jack was he've got very upset with me. I put him on the air. I gave him an opportunity. I knew exactly what he was going to say. I heard about this this boycott day that's fine, that's fine.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 3: That I give everybody a chance. But I wanted him to know. I didn't want him to think that that I was dumb and I didn't and that I supported what he's doing. If people don't want to purchase items tomorrow and they want to stay home and contemplate their navel and have a contemplate your naval day, go for it. Enjoy yourself.
Speaker 6: Yeah, listen, I believe in free speech. I'm you know that. I'm a free speech purist to me. So there's no more free speech than cancel culture and boycotts and all that. As a matter of fact, if you ask me what really got but uh, you know, black people to be able to sit on the front of the bus at that time, it wasn't the civil rights legislation. It was the boycotts of the Montgomery Bus Boys. Montgomery Bus Company. They realized they were losing all their ridership and they were ready to They were like, I'm sorry, please, we'll come back. So that's that's great, but you know, let's let's be real. This country has been being run by billionaires behind the scenes for a long long time, and before that, they were just one hundred millionaires, you know, So it's it's it's absurd to think that these two guys are the only billionaires that have been pulling the strips.
Speaker 3: Thanks all right, Thanks Bill Bigging, a great one. Good night. Let's keep rolling here, a little open lines, a little bit of talk about WAYMO Matthew in Pembroke. Matthew, you were next one night side. Welcome.
Speaker 5: Hey, hey, Dan, I would love to go to work and not have to drive every day, and I could have it in autonomous vehicle. What I'd really like to have is the ones in the sky with the six blades and have that take that to work every day.
Speaker 3: Yeah. I think that's going to take longer, but it's conceivable.
Speaker 5: I don't know how old are you, matt I am fifty two.
Speaker 3: Okay, Well maybe within your working lifetime, okay, maybe within your working lifetime, you will be able to buy one of these cars and instead of sitting going crazy in traffic as you probably go are now, you'll be able to sit there with your newspaper if they still have newspapers, home with your laptop computer and be very efficient and effective and uh and and get some of your work done on the way to work and without jeopardizing yourself or your other passengers.
Speaker 5: And then on the way home, I could stop and have two biers and not feel guilty driving.
Speaker 3: And I suspect that if you're sitting in the backseat of the car, you'll be able to do that. It's gonna be ye, you're gonna have all these laws. You know, it's gonna it's gonna say, and again it'll be interesting, like what type of autonomous vehicle you have? But have you ever been Have you ever had to ride in one of these cars? Yeah?
Speaker 5: No, no, no, no, I have it.
Speaker 3: I had.
Speaker 6: I did once.
Speaker 3: I take one in San Francisco and it was delightful. I mean, yeah, yeah, you could. When you when you when you're in a car with someone else driving, you're watching them, uh and making sure it's just a normal human impulse. Youre want to make sure that they're paying attention and that if all all of a sudden there's there's something that's that's jumping out. Not that you're a backseat driver, but you just don't want to be be helpful.
Speaker 5: The air line does it right? Was that what they're they're the airlines, they all their planes are you know, they they are controlled by computers. You know, I'll just need to push a button right before they go to land and they take over.
Speaker 3: Yeah again, you probably know more about that than I do. But obviously there's plenty of times when they put the plane on, it's at thirty five thousand feet and they're flying across the Atlantic Ocean. And sure you know, at times I'm told that pilots can actually take a nap, or one of the pilots can take a nap.
Speaker 5: Yeah, not bad. Can I say something quick?
Speaker 1: Off topic?
Speaker 3: Open lines? Here? Go ahead.
Speaker 5: So we vote for what we want if we're a Republican or Democrats, and how we vote is what we want from a person, whether it could be we know someone like when Kennedy was in office, he did stuff that, he got stuff done. So if we want to bridge in Massachusetts, we'd put Kennedy and if he was around these days. Right, So, everyone wants and wants and wants, and with the deficits, we can't think like this anymore, and we can't vote just because what we want. We need to come up with a different type of voting, so you're not only you're voting for some one, but in a different way somehow that they're not thinking. I'm not just thinking of myself. I need to be able to think about my grandchildren and the debt that they're not going to have that we need to start dealing with now. But the way we vote, and we vote by that politician to do what they're going to do for us, is not going to work to save the debt because no one will take that on because they won't get votes.
Speaker 3: Well, that's a huge problem we have. We've talked about that several times in the last six months and we'll continue to talk about it. We have a thirty six zero point three trillion dollar federal debt.
Speaker 5: And the only reason that these Democrats and Republicans won't take that on is because of the vote and they won't get elected.
Speaker 3: Well, I think that. I think it's an incredible amount of money. And at the end of the road here my generation, I'm a baby boomer, my generation probably is going to escape our responsibility. You know, we talk about the Greatest Generation and the sacrifice that our parents made in the depression in World War Two. I think to some extent my generation is a pretty selfish generation, and that we have elected politicians who have run up. Republicans and Democrats alike run run out the debt, the debt, the deficit every year.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 3: Trump is trying to turn that around. Now, he's a little heavy handed at this point, and people can disagree with the UH, the procedure and UH and and all of that. But if he's able to eliminate or show that there's real there's a substantial amount of waste in government, he can. He might be remembered as as a president who turned it around. The Brottom line is I would give you, I'll give you one of the number you know what I mean, gross domestic products. All the money that we spend in a year in America, every penny.
Speaker 5: Do you know how much that amounts to in one year of national growth over one year on national gross product?
Speaker 3: Well, yeah, well, the the the debt is thirty it is thirty six point three trillion yep, our federal our gross domestic product, it's only like twenty eight trillion dollars.
Speaker 5: So most of the countries, once they go past that point, yes, they don't come back.
Speaker 3: We're in We're in Banana Republic territory, and it's only getting getting deeper. We're digging ourselves deeper. So it may be that this administration is going to be able to change the direction of our ship of state. We'll have to see what happens.
Speaker 5: I hope see. I would if I was in office, I'd cut everything across the board and get rid of foreign money going across to all these other countries, and worry about ourselves right now till we get back on an even keel. Well everything site, Yeah.
Speaker 3: Well, I think you may have to cut it more, to be honest with you in terms of stuff like that. We'll see, Matthew, continue to call this program. You I need your voice. Thank you very much, thank you. We're gonna take a break back on night side. I've got a room for at least another one or two. Okay, we got we got three here. We'll get them all in coming back on night side, Dan Glenn, and we'll get all three of these calls coming back on nightside.
Speaker 2: Now back to Dan Ray live from the Window World Nightside Studios on' WBZ News Radio.
Speaker 3: Okay, let's go to Glenn and Brighton Glenn next to the night Side. This is open lines. Go ahead, Glen if you like.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well, very quick on the just so driving cars. I remember what Stephen King had a scary movie called Christine. It was the name of our car that drove itself. I think it was back on the late eighties or anyway.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he could. He he's got is an interesting guy. He sort of saw the future. But what else on your mind?
Speaker 10: Uh?
Speaker 1: Well, my only question on the on the cars, And then I had another topic quick, my question, how does it know if a police office is waving his n hand whether it's stop or it can go ahead?
Speaker 3: Well, that's a great question. It is equipped with cameras that are at the on the hood of the roof of the car, so it could.
Speaker 1: Be that that.
Speaker 3: That it recognizes someone standing between whether it's a civilian or a police officer, that it could recognize thee the form of a human body. I'm not an expert in weymoul So, so people have asked some really good questions to which I've not been able to answer. And I'll put that one in that I can't answer that category. Uh, that category with any certainty. Go ahead, what else you want to say?
Speaker 1: I heard something on the radio that scares a will me and as you know, I'm dugging, I'm you know, still a Trump supporter. But this thing, I don't know if you hear about this gold card where we're gonna stay about a foreigner.
Speaker 3: Yeah, police propose that, Yeah, five million dollars and they would get I guess the equivalent of a visa which would allow them to praying their way to a citizenship.
Speaker 1: Yep. Yeah. How do we know do they vet these people? They could be a spy for China. I mean, they could be a spy for souls. How do we know?
Speaker 3: I would bet you they would figure out a vetting process, and in my opinion, but it's one of those subjects that we're going to talk about maybe later this week, maybe next week. And you raise some legitimate questions. I have a great audience, pan and you're part of that audience.
Speaker 1: Yeah, proud to be.
Speaker 3: And and certainly Will from Long Island raised some great questions to Jerry from Michigan earlier and Warren I get great callers. It was funny. I don't know if you heard Susan from Belmont tonight. Her son works for WAMO. And it's a small world out there.
Speaker 1: Glen.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna run and we will talk soon.
Speaker 1: Okay, thank you, thank you.
Speaker 3: I have a great name. I'm gonna go next to Dan is in Brookline. Dan, You're next one night saga, right head shirt?
Speaker 1: Hey Dan.
Speaker 11: Two things that relate to what up in here in the last hour. So first off, on the billionaires. You know Elon Musk, what he has done for our planet and for the people on our planet is immeasurable, right, I mean, rockets, self driving cars, internet access through satellites. I mean, the guy is a genius. And you know, is he a billionaire? Yes, he is, and I think he deserves it.
Speaker 3: I mean, well, the left, the left loved him back in the day. The left loved him right where he was concerned about ev cars and all of that, and now they don't like it. I don't know.
Speaker 11: So that brings me to my second point, which is I have a Tesla and I've been driving once since about twenty nineteen. I've done one hundred and thirty thousand miles of self driving and the technology it's I mean, it's basically here.
Speaker 10: Most of most.
Speaker 11: Of the one hundred and thirty thousand miles have been on the highway, and that's just I mean, that's there. Like you, you know, you sit back, I eat my breakfast, in the morning whilst driving me to work. And it has allowed me to run a company. I have a small business. I employed nine people, and I wouldn't be able to do it without the technology that he built, because I wouldn't be able to do the amount of driving that I do. I do like thirty five thousand miles a year.
Speaker 3: So let me ask you. You're in a self driving I've never had a Tesla, So when you're in a self driving mode? What happens if all of a sudden somebody stops in front of you? Does the Tesla slow down and stop to avoid the accident or do you have to at that point taken roll the car?
Speaker 2: No, it does.
Speaker 11: I mean, you're you're an idiot if you're not paying attention, and at that point, you know you would want to grab the wheel. But if you didn't grab the wheel, I have every bit of confidence that it would stop and I would not get in that accident.
Speaker 3: Okay, you know.
Speaker 11: And then and recently the what they call like the full self driving, which is what it can do on like the city streets. I'd say about six maybe eight months ago is when that really got to the point where I trust it. And now the full self driving. I mean it takes me around Brookline, it takes me from my driveway two Route nine and two Root nine to the highways, and I mean it's just it's incredible. And again, if it wasn't for Elon Musk, I wouldn't have that car. I don't know how I would run this business. I don't know how I would employ those people. It all comes full circle there. You know, it's like that's what that's what people like him do.
Speaker 3: I'm with you, I'm with you. You know that, Dan. I appreciate your call. Keep calling this program.
Speaker 11: Okay, all right, tay these Dan, thank you.
Speaker 3: You didn't appreciate it. Let me go next to Tim and Winford. Tim were tight on time, Go right ahead, Okay.
Speaker 7: I confronted a liberal tonight and he started, get me blooney, and I said, listen, U, seventy six percent of the people in the United States they've spoken in the election. You've got nothing to say. You've got creamed. That's why I said, you've got nothing said.
Speaker 3: The election wasn't seventy six percent. I mean you know that, it was like.
Speaker 7: No, seventy six percent support the Muskin and the what he's doing with the.
Speaker 3: Doge seventy six million, he said.
Speaker 7: He They said seventy six percent on the main main channels.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think you're overstating that. To be honest with you, I think that that uh Trump has had some support, But I don't know that the Doge thing. I think that some of the numbers about deport test deport deporting illegals who have committed violent crimes is up around that number. But either way, that's the one.
Speaker 7: That's one I was talking about. The main one that was and what he's doing is doing a great job. So keep it up. I think we're doing great the best, says Ronald Reagan.
Speaker 3: I say, all right, thank you much, appreciate it. Thanks dam good night. Are we gonna get one more in here? What do we got left? About a minute? Rob? What do we got? Minute? Okay? Joe, I give you about thirty seconds? What do you got?
Speaker 1: Great?
Speaker 12: Thank you very much. I agree with Glenn, and I hope you do a thing on the Gold card because I don't like it.
Speaker 5: It's scary.
Speaker 12: I don't trust him. Automatic driving cars, someday, tell us how you programmed when you you and your daughter and your son took around took it right.
Speaker 3: But that's the program, and it programs itself. It tells you you you tell them. You you call, or you you put in where you are shat up and where you want to go. Yeah, you call and they send the car. It's just like sending an uber without a driver, simplest.
Speaker 12: Oh my god, good luck.
Speaker 5: Yeah all right, right, I agree.
Speaker 3: If you call earlier, you get more time. But I'm out of time.
Speaker 12: Thank you very much, take care, bye bye.
Speaker 3: Great night, good night. Okay. I want to thank everyone tonight. We did a different show tonight. I will be on Facebook Night Side with Dan Ray in about thirty seconds or so. I want to thank Rob Brooks. Great job, Marita a great job. I am telling you that tomorrow afternoon, Marita will be there at four thirty for a nightside pregame. If you get a chance, check out any any hour this week tomorrow between now and tomorrow on Nightside and Demand dot com if you missed any hour. Uh. And I also will tell you that all dogs, all cats, all pets go to heaven. That's what my pal Charlie Ray is, who passed fifteen years ago this very month. That's where all your pets are who have passed. They loved you and you loved them. I do believe you'll see them again. Hope to see you tomorrow night on nightside. Have a great Friday everyone, One more day and we're in March. Good Night,