Speaker 1: It's a disgrace. It's a miserable trade deadline. It's a failure of a deadline. There's no doubt about it. That's the only way to look at it. They are going to continue to throw out the worst catching situation in all of the sport, and they're doing it willingly. Bottom line, they're willingly playing the worst catchers in all of baseball. The New York Yankees will continue to roll out. I'm not going to kill them for rolling into the season. I think we all expected Wells to be better, not an All Star, but better than this. They are now willingly after the trade deadline, rolling out the worst position in all of sports. Arguably, the catcher position for the New York Yankees is the worst position player group in all of Major League Baseball, the New York Yankee.
Speaker 2: The Yankees did acquire a two decent bats. One of them, the kid from the Nationals can really hit, hit a big home run yesterday at the time gave the Yankees to lead. They did squander it. But the shortstop situation changes too because they did send down Vaulpe. Looks like they're growing tired of that. They're gonna bring up George Lombard be really good third base. Yes to McMahon, experiment wasn't very good either, So Brian Cashman taking some heat from some of the big talents on the band, like this guy legend on Saturday Morning, still one of the all time greatest. Now on this show every week, my former midday partner of the great American Joseph Beningo Jojo you your colleagues over there at the band very top on the Yankees.
Speaker 3: You know what I'm tired of hearing his Yankee fans freaking cry. You know, you want to look at my disaster of a team. Okay, the nineteen games on the five hundred. You got this absolute incompetent Okay, small market general manager, the genius. He's smarter than everybody went to Harvard, reinvented the game. My team is nineteen efing games on the five hundred. He's all made all these trades. If one of these guys, one of these freaking prospects that they traded for, becomes a decent major league I'd be surprised. And I'm sick and hearing the Yankee fans. You're in the playoffs every damn year, every year. Okay, and you're crying about your catcher. Why didn't you call the Mets? Maybe you could have got that Francisco Alvarez. I'm tired of watching him swing of pitches thirty feet out off the plate. You know what, I don't want to hear it anymore. I'm tired of hearing the Yankee fan cry. You're going through. You don't even have Judge, you don't have g and Carlo, you don't even have Bellinger right now, and your team is still right there, a million games ahead in a wild card. You're going to the playoffs. You got one of the best pitching staffs in the game. You just got this guy's hit home run last night? What's his name? God see, yes, he's got twenty four home runs. They got another guy that they traded for yesterday, big home run giant. I don't want to hear it.
Speaker 2: No, I'm with you, hear it anymore.
Speaker 3: I'm with you.
Speaker 2: I'm I'm with him now. Well tell me this. These are the guys the Mets got with of Okay, Pta Weaver, Barzamon Holmes, Taylor and really, I know you wanted to keep Clay Craig and Sima Gozo talked about how Clay he goes to the Cubs, can still come back because he's a free agent at the end of the year.
Speaker 3: He said, you know what, these guys don't come back. I know it's happened to occasionally. He's not coming back. You know. Kills me about Clay Holmes. This is the one guy that the Genius got right, Let's be honest. The one guy he made he was a relief pitcher with the Yankees. He made him a starter and he was a quality, solid starter. The one guy that of all the moves he made that he got right. Okay, all these other guys at disasters, Polanco, Simeon, Bashett, Robert, they all stink. Peralta, he's stunk now. They got rid of him too. And the one guy that the Genius turn smarter than everybody. I think he you know, the great athletic ability. I heard he was the captain of the chess team at Harvard. Okay, you know I don't want to hear it. An it's a freaking joke, a joke. So the one guy that was Eddie Good Holmes, he that's rid of. There's no way he's coming back. Who the hell wants to come back? To this mess.
Speaker 2: No, you're right, and the company. Now he's not coming back. Let's take him a lot of money. I mean, coman can still pay him a lot of money. Then you may come back.
Speaker 3: He's not coming back. I don't think there's going to be no baseball next year. Well that's true, So get ready for that baseball fans that there's not gonna be.
Speaker 2: There's no way. And I gotta tell you, you know, because we've been talking about for a year. Actually met the guy at my buddy Keith Cantriss's dinner a couple of weeks ago. He's like the new Marvin Miller, and he said to me, No, it's not gonna be baseball now, there's not gonna be in two years, but one year it's gonna be gone. And when you look at what the Dodgers did this weekend getting screwed up on the Tigers.
Speaker 3: God, that's why that one Teamoo. Bro, let me ask you a question. Okay, all right, go back you you well, you're you're a lot yoga to me. But still you go back to the mid seventies when Bowie Kune voided Charlie Finley tried to sell off his plays he sold. He tried to sell Joe, Rudy and Roley Fingers to the Red Sox Vider blues that he remember yep, okay, all right, booie. Coon steps and says, no, you can't do that, You're not doing that. And where's where's Manford? Where is he? How could the Dodgers possibly get this guy? School? Can you tell me that? How is that possible? If this was George Steinbrenner doing it, they'd be killing them all they'd be doing, be killing starting Yankees and buying a champion. That's all we heard for freaking years. And I'm not a Yankee fan, but I'm sticking up for George, who should be in all fame. By the way, that's a joke too. But I mean, so it's unbelievable, bro, How did the Dodgers get this guy?
Speaker 2: I mean, and think about this. The Dodgers spent a ton of money on Kyle Tucker, who just started hitting about a week ago.
Speaker 3: They gave all that extremely overrated way look Ahead.
Speaker 2: And they gave all that money to it. Edwin Diaz, a former met closer, has been heard all year. So they've given these guys money that other teams can't afford to pay them. They're not even playing some of these guys with.
Speaker 3: What needs to be done in this offseason. Okay, not only does he need to be a salary cap, clearly they need to be that, but they need a floor because you gotta have these teams like Burg, like Tampa, even though they continue to win, right like Kansas City, Like these teams, they don't want to spend any freaking money at all. Okay, they got to spend x amount of money. They have to spend a certain.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but Tampa, you just said Kevin kas gets ninety wins every year. They got Parolta. They're in first place right now. How do you hamme the Tampa Bay race.
Speaker 3: I'm not hammering, I'm just saying, but they look, I mean they just traded for Parolta. I mean, so now, the the Rais are the one team that knows how to do it on a limited budget.
Speaker 2: If you will, I mean, good, could you make the could you make the argument what that just said and they're doing it every year? You talk about the Yankees, you gotta make that. Is Kevin Cash not an amazing manager?
Speaker 3: Well, I mean it's also the you know, the g I'm not sure what the GM is there or whatever, but it's also that you know, these guys know how to do it. They know when to get rid of guys. You know, they obviously have a very good farm system where they developed these kids, and then when they got to pay them, they let them go. You know generally what happened right, you know, with Tampa. But the Dodger situation is out of control. And like I said, if this was George Steinbern and the Yankees doing what the Dodgers are doing now, they'd be getting killed. They be getting killed by Major League. Really was an absolute freaking misgrace. I hate the Dodgers. Let me tell you, there is no team in sports now and this is accompass in a lot of territory. Bro with your Patriots, the Dolphins, the Celtics, a lot of teams that could that could get that title. For for Beningo, I can't stand the freaking Dodgers. I hate them, Okay, I can't stand them. Well, look whatever you want here, whatever the do I heard, you know, I heard probably I heard Mike Trout is coming and they're gonna make a train schwar Philly is gonna gi him schwar But it's a joke.
Speaker 2: They're ruining baseball. They're gonna win the World Series for the third consecutive year, and there'll be no baseball. I want to shift gears to what two other sports?
Speaker 3: Yes the way, By the way, let me just say this to him. I know where you're going, but I want to say, is what's a bigger disaster Sterns or the w n B. A.
Speaker 2: Well, we're gonna get there too. Don't worry, I'll get there.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 2: In ten days, Your New York Jets will host your Buccaneers. In eleven day, my Giants will host the Vikings. That's right, all leading up to Game one, which, of course, both teams play on Sunday the thirteenth, the Jets at Tennessee one o'clock. The Giants will host Dallas the first Sunday night game. Don't beget there's a Wednesday night game this year. The Patriots and Seahawks gonna we played the Super Bowl.
Speaker 3: We got a Thursday game in Australia because of Australia. Everybody in Australia is clamoring.
Speaker 2: Fan now after Australians, forty nine Ers and Rams. It's all nonsense. Moving all over the But I guess you know. I saw an Instagram reel yesterday that this guy Bart Scott and there's a reason why ESPN fired him. Okay, but Chris Colin loves him. Don't beget when Colin replaced Bran Sessa on the band, it was Calin, Maggie, Bart Scott. It was a terrible show, a terrible show. So Scots on with Colin last night. I know Geno's black, and I know Bart Scott was a Jet, but he was literally yelling and screaming that the Jets are better off with Geno Smith than the Giants are with Jackson dart Well.
Speaker 3: I mean, come on, I mean you know, I mean really bought. I mean, look, Gino. Gino's a solid veteran guy, which the Jets need right now. I do want to see this kid Kate Kate club Nick at some point. But would I rather have a young, second year, potentially great young quarterback or would I have a veteran thirty five year old and Gino Smith?
Speaker 2: I mean, come on, Bart, really ridiculous, right, ridiculous? What is he?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 4: What?
Speaker 2: And Aaron Rodgers yesterday, being interviewed by Pat Mckerby.
Speaker 3: That when he was ripping Fauci. How good was that?
Speaker 2: He asked him about the Pittsburgh Steelers, and all Rodgers wanted to talk about Bauci? You know what now that we bought it up, Lewis he got two minutes. Cutting number ten. Pat McAfee ESPN asks Anwon Rodgers about the Steelers, and all the former Jet quarterback wanted to talk about was Tony Bouci, Cutting number ten.
Speaker 5: Do you've been very open about coming back for this year last rodeo and you talked about your wife saying, hey have another year. Mike McCarthy being here obviously a big deal. Can you tell tell us about the mindset of coming into your last season? Like that's a real thing, it feels like, because is everything better? Is everything funner? Is everything more awesome?
Speaker 2: Like?
Speaker 5: How do you kind of view this year? Verse maybe the years of the past?
Speaker 6: I'm gonna plead the fifth okay, okay, like like that absolute coward, Tony absolute?
Speaker 2: Are you kidding me?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 7: You got a pardon and you're and you pleaded over a hundred times at the White House.
Speaker 2: What are you scared of?
Speaker 7: Tony?
Speaker 2: I thought you were the science Yeah, yeah, I thought you or I.
Speaker 7: Am science and you get up there and you can't answer a question, Yeah, what do we doing? And how much time did the network spend of that? How much time did they spend on my responses every week on my vaccination statu on Taylor at Travis's wedding? They did they do even a minute? Did they do even a minute on Tony Fauci?
Speaker 2: I don't think i've heard that. You got the idea Rogers the ESPN which put Putt maccabee in a spot that was that was great? Wasn't that great?
Speaker 3: You know what I gotta tell you, man, I love Rodgers. I gotta I gotta tell you this. I absolutely love the guy. We should look. I don't want to get back to him with the jets and everything that went down, whatever happened to happen. I don't want to rehash it now, but you know you gotta love him of course, telling it like it is. How about that? What a surprise, bro, here's.
Speaker 2: Another great cut for you. You mentioned the w NBA. This is Riley Gaines. He was an amazing swimmer who got beat by the Lloyd Love.
Speaker 3: Riley gains Yeah.
Speaker 2: Thomas Peter in the pool and at the University of Pennsylvania were dropped off my daughter Eva this week.
Speaker 3: Egulations. By the way, she's going to the IVY League.
Speaker 2: Bro Yes, IVY League.
Speaker 3: Maybe maybe Eva could eventually be like the met president of Baseball Operation.
Speaker 2: Why not he went to Harvard. She's going to upn be better.
Speaker 3: She'd be better than starting.
Speaker 2: Of course, she's actually in a law school there. They got Lebron James t shirts everywhere. It's funny to.
Speaker 3: Say, God, but he don't wait for the Knicks to play Lebron in the playoffs and stick it up his ass.
Speaker 2: I got to tell you right now, I'm gonna be there for the Sixers and nixter in the regular season. And I'm already going November eighth to see my Giants take on the Eagles in Billy and visit Ava that same weekend. But here here is Riley.
Speaker 3: Gaines to Lincoln.
Speaker 2: Financially, I've done that before the Veterans Stadium and got very ugly.
Speaker 3: You know that.
Speaker 2: Here's Roley Gaines cutting number eight. Play this from Aningo, Wh'll get a kick out of this.
Speaker 8: If the WNBA's goal is to become the most inclusive league in the history of ever and to hit a pretty big payday. Then they just got the opportunity of a lifetime thanks to Clay Travis introducing the Nashville Balls, the most inclusive team in all of WNBA history. Clay Travis vows to make it a one hundred percent trans team, meaning all players would be men identifying as women. He tweeted this, I'm prepared to buy WNBA expansion franchise and locate them in Nashville. I pledged to have a one hundred percent trans team, all men who identify as women. I will also employ a one hundred percent trans coaching staff. Most inclusive team in history. But Clay's not just saying it. He's putting his money where his mouth is. He offered the WNBA ten million dollars for a head to head basketball game between the defending WNBA champions, the Las Vegas Aces, and a boys' high school state title team of his choice. If the boys win, he'll give them ten million dollars to distribute as they see fit to their team members. The game on pay per view, with all profits donated to Tunnel to Towers to provide mortgage free homes to families of the see soldiers, police, and first responders. If the Aces were to beat the boys team, he would give the WNBA ten million dollars. And I don't think he's kidding because he just gave Vanderbilt Law School ten million dollars. So the WNBA gets to own the title of most inclusive league. They get to showcase their women's ability, and the proceeds go to a good cause. We've heard from virtually every WNBA coach at this point and the league itself that inclusivity is in fact the goal. So what say you? WNBA? Just know if you'd declined the offer that makes you bigoted transphobes buy your own standard. I'm ready to buy my Nashville Balls merch. I cannot believe this is real life.
Speaker 2: It is real life, man. Look, this is a racist league. They beat up Caitlin Clark, all the black lives he had. Of course he's white. Sophie Cunningham stepped out. She tries to protect them. There's no question about it. Now, you got the trans whole deal with this league. I mean this league. Honestly, Joe Biningo needs.
Speaker 3: To go away. So it's absolutely brutal. You know, it's so right. I didn't know Klay Travis had that kind of money. But anyway, but be that be that as it may be, that as it may. You know, why aren't there any Before I even get into the how they treat could you let me say this first? Will I get into the whole trans thing? Okay? All right? Could you imagine the NBA loves Victor win Bayama. He's the new posted child of the NBA. Okay, you watched the playoffs last year against the Necks. You saw how he officials treated this guy. I mean, we got no calls. They had Kaul Anthony Towns and trout foul trubble every game. It was. It was an absolute joke. They love when Byama. They put him on the cover of their NBA you know, it's Madden Game, whatever the hell you want to call it. Okay, you love them. Could you imagine the you know, the NBA. You know, whether it was when Biama, whether it was Michael Jordan, whoever, a great being treated the way Caitlyn Clark gets treated in the WNBA.
Speaker 2: Could you imagine, wow, wow, Well hold on a second, because there was a white star in the NBA who took a little bit of that. His name was Larry Bird. Now she's white, Caitlyn Clark, Now, no, no, that's the problem. It's not that she's a great fighter. She's white. Well, Larry Bird went a little bit of that too, thank god, not as bad, and you would think twenty twenty six we'd be pasted that. So there was a little bit of that. But you're right, she's the best player in the league and she gets her ass kicked every night.
Speaker 3: Every night. Of course, bro, they don't like her because she's white and she's straight. Let's be honest, let's throw that in there too. I mean, true, that's true. There's no question about that. There's no question. But going back to this other thing about the WNBA. Okay, so everybody wants inclusivity. I think the coach of the Fever had something about we support trans you know whatever, women, men, whatever, Okay, So maybe with the league. I don't see any trans women okay in the WNBA yet, So maybe that's what they need. Maybe they need a few in there who would come in and probably dominate the league. Right, let's be honest, probably come in and dominate. Maybe is that what they want? Do they want? Do they really want trans women? Will call them women playing in the w n B. A is that what the league wants?
Speaker 2: They think they do, And here comes Talls, hopefully with a wig and lookout.
Speaker 3: Exactly right, exactly, that's all you need. So a big guy, some guy that could really play right, maybe maybe an NBA player who isn't that very good in the NBA. Say you know what, I'll identify as a woman for a while and I'll go I'll go into the w NBA and dominate. Is that what? Is that what they want? Yeah?
Speaker 2: Basically yeah, I mean it's.
Speaker 3: It's absolutely ridiculous. And I love this girl, Sophie Cunningham, like you give her all the credit in the world that she's also extremely attractive. I I you know, so that no doubt this girl is gonna she don't need to the fact, neither does Caitlin. Neither of them really need the w NBA. What they should do is get the hell out of it. Maybe go play in Europe would be appreciated, whatever, whatever. Okay, I know they're making money off the court and all of that. And and how about the fact the top player in the w NBA, and I think it's Adriel Wilson. I think she's the most is the highest paid player. I think she's making a million dollars a year.
Speaker 2: I think she's in Las Vegas who won the championship.
Speaker 3: Right, a million dollars a year, which is nothing in professional sports. As you know, I mean, that's the you know, that's the twenty twenty fifth player on or the last guy in an NBA roster's making a million dollars a year. I mean, let's be honest about it. You know, they finally are making a little money. And now this is what you get. And where would they be without the NBA bro without the NBA funding them, where would they be? No? What what guy? What streat guy is watching that league?
Speaker 2: Nobody, nobody with it.
Speaker 3: And I don't even think they want straight men watching it. I don't even think they want that. I remember seeing I forget who the girl was. There's a number of years ago she wrote something, we don't watch streat men watching our game. We don't need you. Are you serious? Come on and I and let me let me also say this to Sid I watched I like watching women's college basketball. Okay, I watch it. I get into a Yukon, the Yukon women South Carolina. I don't love down Staley, but I like watching a team. They're always good, you know. I like watching the Women's College many.
Speaker 2: Years, Tennessee you with Pat Summit for many years, right when she was there.
Speaker 3: Now I'll show you what. I can't think of her name now, the coach down there, she was she was at bail or two one there whatever. I like watching the women w n b A. You couldn't pay me enough money to watch that. I know you really, And it's a joke. And they're making themselves into even more of a joke. I mean, can you be Oh god, I don't know what else to say. Can I say one more thing too? You know people have said, you know, look, you're a sports guy, you shouldn't get involved in politics. Well, unfortunately sports is all about politics now, sid I mean right or wrong?
Speaker 2: Well, listen, that's why I've been so successful. It's not a big deal. I'm not the only one. I'm not going to look at Clay Travis. Clay Travis is a sports guy. He's doing phenomenally. Well, there's a lot of us now. Stephen A. Smith is doing a lot. He was on my show here yesterday.
Speaker 3: He was politics.
Speaker 2: Yes, he was on this show yesterday he was terrific. So there is a a very natural cross section. People go to me, how was the transition so easy? I said, it's the same thing. Just substitute President Trump for the Giants. Same thing, right, same passion, same hatred. I hate the Jets, I hate the Democrats. It's the same thing, right. But I love you and you're great again. You're always great.
Speaker 3: God, this is one of the Jets every year, I know.
Speaker 2: But I don't really hate the Jags, mind.
Speaker 3: I mean, I don't hate the Giants. I don't hate the Giants.
Speaker 2: I don't hate the Jets either.
Speaker 3: I don't know. I hate, you know, I hate. I actually hate my teams more the match. The Jets give me a jects.
Speaker 2: It's true.
Speaker 3: A championship. I still can't believe it. But whatever, you know what I mean, Bro, I don't my teams aggravate me more than any other team.
Speaker 2: I know. Joe, I love your great appearances always today, so much fun, Joe, bningo your great Thank you so much.
Speaker 3: Sidney Autor, nothing but love, bro, God blessed and congratulations to your daughter at Penn.
Speaker 2: Thank you very much. I appreciate that she is doing great at our first day of classes yesterday. My little girl, Ava Caroline Rosenberg little girl, she's twenty two years old. But thank you Joseph Bningo, You're amazing. Every Saturday on WFBN once a week with us. That was a fun discussion.
Speaker 4: Thanks for listening to Sit and Friends in the Morning.
Speaker 3: You can hear Sit and.
Speaker 4: Friends in the Morning weekday mornings at six. If you like the podcast, share it with your friends and listen anytime at wabcradio dot com and download the WABC Radio app. Hit that subscribe button on all major podcast platforms. Plus, follow WABC on social on Instagram, TikTok, Facebook, and X see you next time for a new episode, so you never have to wonder what the heck
Speaker 3: Is going on here.