Speaker 1: It's The Ben and Skin Show ninety seven point one The Eagle. Thank you for hanging out with us today. Now, this segment right here is brought to you by Rollertown Beer Works. That's the brewery up there in Salina, Texas where Ben and I are partners. By the way, we have the Irish on tap right now. That is our Irish stout. It's a nitro style and it's a dry stout and it is so good. I killed that on Sunday. But the thing I'm most excited about is opening Day Rangers, the Ben and Skin Show on the road. We're going to be broadcasting from Live by Lows, right by Texas Live right by the ballpark. We're going to be hanging out all day long because it's a big party sponsored by Rollertown Beer Works. This year, our premium pilsner, the one thirty three, is the perfect beer for baseball season, and we're launching baseball season with you, sweet listener, Rollertown and the Ben and Skin Show. We'll be hanging out starting at noon. We'll do our show live from three to six, and we'll stick around afterwards for a postgame party. Brand New Funk providing the music tons of Rollertown flowing, and of course your friends the Benin's Show hanging out make plans. If you're going to the game on opening days, stop by Live by Low's and hang out with us. If you're not going to go to the game, you don't have tickets, but want to watch the game with us, come on through. We'll have it on the big screens. It's going to be a blast. But right now it's time for this skill.
Speaker 2: The thing's big huts.
Speaker 3: Today, as we discussed in the Today game, is National Awkward Moments Day, and they one of these websites. They gathered a bunch of adults and just like, hey, man, what's something It's kind of awkward for you, And there's a lot on here that I think are fun, including this one. Watching a sex scene in a movie with a parent. Has ever done that?
Speaker 4: Man? When we went and saw Basic Instinct as a family in the theaters, my mom and me and my two brothers and my older other knew exactly what the movie was about, and so he put me right next to my mom.
Speaker 2: He goes, here, you sit next to mom. I was like okay, and I had to sit next to my mom. God, what year? Was that that.
Speaker 1: Would have been eighty nine somewhere in there, ninety eighty nine or ninety I mean, so I would have been eighteen or nineteen.
Speaker 4: Eighteen, nineteen twenty and right next to Mom during the most erotic thriller of our age.
Speaker 1: Jonathan would have been like late junior high, early high school age Sharon Stone spread Yeah.
Speaker 4: Fred Eagles, sharing for Newman, Love you Mom, man Uh.
Speaker 1: I don't have any of those with my mom. But my dad had this deal where if my dad wanted to go see a movie, he took me. It didn't matter what the movie was, if he wanted to see.
Speaker 2: It, he took me.
Speaker 1: So, I mean, I could a million stories about seeing movies when I was ten and eleven with just like you know, the most gratuitous sex scenes. But my favorite story about this is I was in the living room. I was probably eleven, I don't know how old. I was watching Pirate cable. My dad was in the backyard, and I'm watching an airplane and right around that time, my dad comes walking in from the backyard and he walks behind me and is going to loop around to go back to the bedroom, and it's the scene and airplane if you've ever seen airplane where they announced that there's turbulence and all this stuff. She goes, oh, and by the way, we're out of coffee, and the whole plane breaks out into chaos.
Speaker 2: And one of the moments in.
Speaker 1: That movie is that all they're showing all this chaos and the plane people are going crazy. And then they have a shot where a lady is framed. You don't see her face. She's framed from her clavicle to her belly button, and she's topless and has giant jugs. She runs, she turns to the camera, she bounces up and down with her giant drugs, and then walks off the camera. And my dad is walking through the room as that scene is happening, and I look at those bouncing jugs.
Speaker 2: I turn and I look to my dad and he wink.
Speaker 1: Smiles and gives me a thumbs up and then walks back into the bedroom.
Speaker 4: Hell are you it's probably ten or eleven. That's great, I had the wink in the gun. Dumb the most awkward.
Speaker 5: They say that again, Well, I like that these are all way back in the day. It's still awkward for me. Just last night I was watching Love Is Blind, with Mike's mom, Vida, who's eighty three, and they were just talking.
Speaker 6: About sex, like what they like, all this stuff.
Speaker 5: Okay, And I'm sitting there, I'm like, oh good, and I get my phone out, just pretending I'm not paying any attention.
Speaker 6: Like that's just awkward enough for.
Speaker 2: Me, man, I have to worry about that.
Speaker 5: Now.
Speaker 4: My daughter and her friends will be over and I'll just have the TV on. I'm like, yep, I know where this is going. I'm gonna pause, pause this right now. The worst one I ever had, I've told you this before, was during Thanksgiving. You know, your family get together and then you have a moment where you're all just relaxing watch TV together, and you are someone's handled the remote control and how does one person decide what twelve or fourteen people watch? And it stumbled upon show and I'm like, oh, he stop here, this show is hilarious, mister show. And it was a sketch about a band called Wicked Scepter, which was a rock band, and they didn't realize that they were gay. They were behaving in a very gay way and their manager was trying to tell them it's okay that you guys are gay, and when he told them they were gay, they would want to fight him and be super hetero.
Speaker 2: Go don't cause gay.
Speaker 4: And they were like, okay, okay, here I'll give you an example of how gay you guys are. Here is video of you in your hot tub last night, celebrating after the concert, and they're doing the most crazy, edgy gay things.
Speaker 2: And I was sitting there going, uh, anybody, no one's laughing at this.
Speaker 4: Okay, sorry, this is a little too aggressive for Thanksgiving.
Speaker 2: Sorry about this. Let's put it on some football. Did you lay it in with the gay jokes? Yes? Please?
Speaker 3: Well, speaking of Thanksgiving, another one on here is clogging a toilet bits house a moment.
Speaker 2: He clogged a toilet at my house.
Speaker 1: When I was an eye school and it was the bathroom that's adjacent to the front door, so like you walk in and there's a little powder bath.
Speaker 2: It's opposite the kitchen. It opens up.
Speaker 1: To the living room and then leads back to the master bedroom. And I went in there and rocked the deuce and then I went I got in, I was like, dude, the toilet won't flush.
Speaker 2: And then his dad heard and goes, Tony get in there and not clogged the toilet.
Speaker 4: Because he knew, like, and I know this as a dad. If but there's a toilet that's clogged at my house, I know it's my middle child. He uses way too much toilet paper. So as a punishment, if any toilet ever gets clogged, I call him.
Speaker 2: To come to it. That was embarrassing.
Speaker 3: Uh, Telling a joke that's met with silence happens on the day.
Speaker 2: I don't know what that's like, lean into it.
Speaker 4: It's sometimes Katie will say something that's so funny, but it's even just more fun to not really, I wouldn't preface it with any of that.
Speaker 2: I just don't think it's funny.
Speaker 3: Here's here's one that's This could happen to anyone tripping, falling, or stumbling in public every day.
Speaker 6: Every damn day.
Speaker 2: Really.
Speaker 6: I did that just today walking my dogs. I stumbled.
Speaker 5: I was almost back to the house and I hit a curb and it almost fell on my face, and I just turned around hoping no one saw me. Seriously, if you just watch me for five minutes, you'll see me stumble.
Speaker 1: If you were If that were to happen in front of my wife, she would fall down laughing at my wife loves physical comedy. Somebody gets racked or falling on their face, or when it when you see it happen organically, just out and about in public, is great because it's like, who could have.
Speaker 2: Thought I would be at this spot at this time when this happened.
Speaker 3: It is great also in the list of of awkward moments because we're celebrating National Awkward Moments Day, it's weird. I don't know who gave it that, but listening to people sing happy birthday to you, I feel that I hate that attention.
Speaker 4: It was a great bit on SNL, like in the last few weeks right where they you know, because sometimes what happens is you go to a restaurant and you see that it's their policy to seeing happy birthday, so you tell the weight staff that it's one of your friend's birthday, like we did that at that sushi joint.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah.
Speaker 4: And at this restaurant they were like, they're like, go ahead and say it's your birthday.
Speaker 2: And this person was like, no, no, I don't want to do it.
Speaker 4: And then the staff is like do you have some id like yeah, yeah, and.
Speaker 3: They didn't want to do it, and then it turned into a weird like musical.
Speaker 2: This Person's gonna go to hell.
Speaker 4: That is very awkward and that sucks when you work at a restaurant that makes you do that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, surely on their one's got to be running into an X with your current What about this one though?
Speaker 2: Is that on there by the way?
Speaker 3: You know it's not, but I could see that being that can very uncomfortable. Uh, forgetting someone's name Ben.
Speaker 4: Every time, Carl, I gotta tell you, I mean Kevin, No, dude, I can't. I have a terrible time remembering names, but I can remember faces.
Speaker 3: We need to get an actual diagnosis of that, because just call it name disease does sound like a disease as well.
Speaker 2: As you know my losing my memory.
Speaker 4: It's probably going to end horrifically with something that we'll all regret laughing about.
Speaker 2: But but the.
Speaker 4: Beautiful thing about it is I can go back and watch shows again.
Speaker 2: I'm like, hey, this is a great show. I don't think I remember what happened. I'll just watch it again. It's great.
Speaker 3: Well, I didn't remember off the top of the SNL sketch from two weeks ago. It's just hard to remember. But sketches are weird broking out? Oh okay, this one. I struggle telling someone they have something in their teeth.
Speaker 2: I don't have a problem telling anybody that.
Speaker 3: I've seen you do it before, and I remember that when when it happened, I was.
Speaker 2: Like, man, I wouldn't do that.
Speaker 4: Skin is really good at the awkward, just blunt, like, let's cut the chase and just tell you the truth.
Speaker 2: And it's a great skill to have.
Speaker 4: We once worked with a guy who had a he had a bo issue and it was so bad that it was hard to be in the same room with him and destroyed the room and like, and you know, there's twenty people were like.
Speaker 2: Hey, somebody's got to talk to him. But it wouldn't be Oh it smelled like excrement. Yeah yeah, and uh.
Speaker 4: And Skin was nice enough to go ahead and handle the conversation forsaul he had a medical condition.
Speaker 2: And then it turned out to be a bad thing for.
Speaker 1: Skin because then basically acknowledged so you have a medical condition.
Speaker 2: Wow, this is tough. There's really no going back. So there's no going back. And I was like, I can't believe Skin did that. What a jerk.
Speaker 4: None of us would have ever said anything. We love that you smell like fece.
Speaker 3: Let's how you guys were sniffing me so much and you met with me years ago. Yeah, let's see. Oh okay, here we go. Uh oh sorry, I lost my lost my my train of thought here.
Speaker 2: Yep.
Speaker 3: That's awkward saying goodbye to someone and then realizing you're both in the same direction.
Speaker 4: I hate that so much, and you gotta time it. You gotta time you got. Somebody's got a fake, like you said fake look at your phone.
Speaker 5: Yes, absolutely well, And that just happened to me this weekend. This girl and I were leaving this lunch place at the same time, and she didn't know that I was parked the same place that she was, so she actually did the awkward walk fast. Not me. Usually it's me that has to do that, so I got to finally laugh at it. I was like, yes, it's not me this time.
Speaker 2: Do you ever go down and fake tie your shoes? I gotta fix this.
Speaker 6: Good move though.
Speaker 2: I will catch up with you though. Thank you.
Speaker 6: I'm gonna go take the bathroom.
Speaker 2: That was fun. We'll do it again.
Speaker 3: My shoe Responding to a knock on the door of a bathroom, You're occupying.
Speaker 6: One minute.
Speaker 3: Occupato exactly, it's the best Or would.
Speaker 2: You like to come in and take an s with me? Man?
Speaker 1: I think it's awkward when you're going into a bathroom and someone's coming out and there's a deuce smell. Oh, that's just so uncomfortable, Like, oh, you made that.
Speaker 2: You want to know there's a person before me. Oh yeah, it's the whole thing.
Speaker 3: It's like, because if you don't want people thinking that about you, yeah, you know.
Speaker 2: But you're like, I didn't do it mine.
Speaker 1: What mine smelled different? This is a different one. And that's why I don't do it at work.
Speaker 3: Yep, Because yeah, then you you basically just have relieved yourselves.
Speaker 2: Wait, remove yourself from you. You don't you do that at work? Wae you guys tomorrow? All right, that's gonna do it for us today.
Speaker 1: An awkward way to end the show, Kevin admitting to something he would have never done in another situation. But I do remember the time I first met Kevin. He was in the bathroom. I knocked on the door, he opened it. He looked to me dead in the eye as that smell came over his shoulder, and he said, sorry for second life. Out of the room, and I said, man, you better be. That's gonna do it for us. Christina is gonna stick around and play music right here on the Eagle.
Speaker 2: There you going, Well, I'm gonna get my sock bag, dude, but I gotta take aw