Speaker 1: Now your host walking you up to first pitch. It's Tim kays.
Speaker 2: Hi, everybody, and welcome in to Morongo Casino. Dodgers on Deck, your world champion Los Angeles Dodgers got off to a great start to this twenty twenty five season, but the last nine games have not been so good for the boys in Blue. Eleven and six to start this season. The Dodgers' homestand well all saw the Dodgers drop two of three over the weekend to the Chicago Cubs.
Speaker 3: Now they look to get back on track against.
Speaker 2: The Colorado Rockies for the first of three tonight out at Dodger Stadium. Dustin May on the mound, first pitch, coming up at seven to ten. Coming up here on Morongo Casino Dodgers on Deck. We've got a lot to get to. We're gonna hear from the manager, Dave Roberts. We got your Dodgers magical moment. I've got your prize picks, double play of the day. We'll dive deeper into this pitching matchup. David Vase will go one on one with Alex Vesias.
Speaker 3: Shortly we'll visit.
Speaker 2: With Kirsten Watts and it in just a few minutes, we'll send it out to the Gallpin Motors broadcast booth with Tim Neverett and Rick Monday Well. Yesterday at Dodgers Stadium, it was Sunday Night baseball, as Tyler glass Now was on the mound, and glass Now would pitch well early six innings, two runs, three hits, seven punchouts, but he gave up a couple of costly home runs not before the Dodgers, though, gave him the lead in the bottom of the second any thanks to key K.
Speaker 3: Nothing in one the count for key K the pitch Hernandez base.
Speaker 4: Hint let field count photo scores in the Tonchers strike first, Keith k a Hernandez laces one who left the drup down front a half.
Speaker 3: Will Smith goes to second. It's one nothing.
Speaker 2: La key a Hernandez in the second with a base hit to left Dodgers with a one nothing lead. However, Tyler glass Now would give that back right back. In the top of the third, Peter Crow Armstrong at a Harvard west Lake High School a solo home run that hit the foul pole down the right field line and that tied the game at one. And then in the sixth, his second mistake of the night, Michael Bush, the former Dodger prospect, with a home run to right four hundred and three feet that gave the Cubs a two to one lead. In the bottom of the sixth, the Dodgers would answer back Max Munsey a sackfly to right. He just missed it off the end of the bat from hitting a three run home run. Instead, it's a sack fly scoring Michael Conforto that tied the game at two. However, just like the Cubbies did in the third, they answered back to the Dodgers in the top of the seventh, and wouldn't you know, PCA.
Speaker 4: John didn't come set Parl Armstrong high fly ball right center field.
Speaker 3: Hit very well.
Speaker 4: PCA watches this one goal. It's a two home run game for the local product. He salutes the bullpen in rounds the bases, having given the Cubs the lead.
Speaker 3: Right back. It's now three to two Chicago Peter.
Speaker 2: Crow Armstrong his second home run of the game.
Speaker 3: They take a three to two.
Speaker 2: Lead, and then Horner a single to ride in the eighth, an insurance run. A costly insurance run for the Dodgers as they lose to the Cobies last night. Four to two, Blake trying and gets tagged with the loss. In relief, he falls to h and two as the Dodgers drop two to three to the Chicago Cubs. They fall to seven and two at home, eleven and six overall on this season. Remember they started the year eight and oh. Since then they've dropped six other last nine. But fresh meat in town and the Colorado Rockies, a team that just got swept and didn't score a game in three games down in San Diego over the weekend, Dustin May on the Mounta tonight in the series opener with more, we head out to the Gallpin Motors broadcast booth Tim Neverett and Rick Monday.
Speaker 5: Guys, Tam, thank you very much. Will be a very pleasant night at the ballpark tonight. The temperatures will be in the mid to low sixties. Perfect night to start a series and to start a winning streak. As the Dodgers come off a tough stretch, losing six of their last nine, they're eleven and six, two and a half out of first place in the National League Western Division. But they take on the Colorado Rockies, who are just three and twelve and mo they played against the Padres over the weekend three straight games did not score a single run, and they are just three innings off a franchise record of thirty straight scoreless centers.
Speaker 6: Well, they're already in the franchise record standpoint to the worst start in their history. That they have not scored runs recent times. Yeah, So when you start to say, hey, look the doctors aren't playing too well, don't try and convince the Colorado Rockies that you have an issue, because they have a lot of issues on their own, including injuries. Earlier on and so for Bud Black, they held up their lineup in fact today to see exactly who is going to be healthy enough to start.
Speaker 5: Brenton Doyle has had a quad injury. He's day to day. Today is not his day. He's not in the lineup. But more notably, Chris Bryant, who has had terrible injury troubles with the Rockies, has not played in a lot of games. They have placed him back on the injured list with a lombard degenerative disc disease, a back problem. So Chris Bryant is out, and the question in Denver right now is have the Rockies seen the last of Chris Bryan.
Speaker 6: Yeah, and you know, has that big contract and just not able to physically get on the field for any period of time. That's a big, big blow obviously the Chris Bryan and the Colorado Rockies who made that very big commitment on top of it. If you look at the Rockies lineup, though, Tim, this is a relatively young ball club and they say, well, okay with the pains and trying to growing pains at the major league level. Yes, they're three and twelve and one and eight on the road, but is there light at the end of the tunnel and hopefully not a train coming in the opposite direction with some young.
Speaker 7: Guys that has some ability.
Speaker 5: Right as far as they go today, Mickey Moniac, who the last time we saw the Angels was patrolling center field, well he's now here in Colorado after the Angels let him go. And then the last two hitters in the order, Zach Veen out of Lamador, recent Triple A call ups in the Rockies called up another player from Triple A today, catcher Braxton Foldford. So they are pretty light in terms of the roster. As far as the Dodgers have gone, though, they've been pretty light in the back end of the batting order, the seven eight nine hitters just not getting on base recently two point thirty on bass average for those three hitters, which doesn't give shoe Hey Otani and Mookie Betts a lot of opportunities with runners.
Speaker 7: In scoring person.
Speaker 6: I was telling someone yesterday about O'tani and the fact that the bottom of the order not getting on base, so when he had the big guys that are coming on, sho Hey O'tani has had seven trips to home plate with a runner on base. He's only had three really advance official advance with a runner in scoring position on that spot. He's also had three walks, three strikeouts, but only three at bats with runners in scoring positions. So there has not been anything really set up on the stage for either Otani Bets. In tonight Freeman hitting that one, two three spot, there's not been a lot of runners to drive in.
Speaker 5: No taoscar Hernandez in the lineup. He is under the weather. He may be available to pinch hit a little later on, but he's not on the starting lineup. Dustin May makes us third start. Antonio Senzetela will make his fourth start for the Rockies.
Speaker 2: Em all right, thank you guys, Dodger just need to get that offense going tonight. Get some top players of the game out there, brought to by Arco quality, top tier gas for the less, Dodgers have not been top tier offensively, defensively and pitching wise. Dustin May on the Mountain tonight, looking to get the Dodgers back on track again. No ta Oskar Hernandez as Tim just mentioned out with the flu. More on that coming up with Kirsten Watson. Been counting down to first pitch. Dodger fans, get your game day meal on at Shaky's Pizza Parlor or to your Shaky's Pizza, Chicken and mojos right now at Shaky's dot com. We were shaking earlier today with the earthquake here in southern California. Dodge looking to shake it up offensively, leading you up to first pitch on this Monday night.
Speaker 3: Thanks for being with us.
Speaker 2: Been counting down to first pitch Dodgers and the Rockies. Tim kas is the world champion Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: This is Morono Casino, Dodgers on Dodgers on Deck, y'all on the official home of LA Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 3: It's a Dodgers and Rocky started up a three game set.
Speaker 2: It's to Homestead, continues, Dustin May, Antonio Sentinela.
Speaker 3: The pitching matchup. First pitch for seven ten.
Speaker 8: This is the Otani rewhy Well Showy Otani yesterday zero for five at the play, just one strikeout.
Speaker 2: The top of the lineup for the Dodgers, just one for eight with two strikeouts. That's Otani and Mookie Bets Showey Otani goes, the Dodgers go, and yesterday the Dodgers lose for to two of the Cups.
Speaker 1: This is Kirston's Corner with Kirston Watson.
Speaker 2: Today Kears is now Joints is brought to you by Cars for Kids. Ready to donate your old CA call eight seven seven Cars for Kids right now, friendly agents standing by to take your donation.
Speaker 3: That's Cars with a K.
Speaker 2: Donate your car today, tay Oscar Hernandez.
Speaker 3: We'll start right there. Here'ston Been, a.
Speaker 2: Guy who's been pretty popular with Dodger fans, have been certainly a big productive player for this Dodgers team.
Speaker 3: Not available today.
Speaker 9: Yeah, unfortunately he's not in the lineup. And Dave Roberts was saying that he's feeling a little under the weather, and unfortunately it sounds like he does have the stomach bug that it has impacted a couple of the guys. Hopefully it's more on like the Kei.
Speaker 3: K Hernando's experience.
Speaker 9: Of the stomach bug and not the Mookie Betts experience in which it obviously kept him down for quite some time and he was unable to play in Tokyo. For key K, it was more of a twenty four hour bug, so he just wasn't able to really sleep last night, Dave Roberts said, So they'll see how he feels tomorrow. Technically it is kind of a day to day thing, but hopefully he'll be able to be back out in the liner sooner than later, and hopefully that means tomorrow, because he has been very productive, especially with a running batters in.
Speaker 2: Andy Poe has moves over to right field, Tommy Edmond gets to start in center field. It's an offense without Tay Hosker Hernandez, who's been really good offensively.
Speaker 3: They need to jump start somewhere.
Speaker 9: Yeah, they do. And you know when you look at this, just this matchup today, this just two teams are looking to get the offense going for the Dodgers, and specific Dave Roberts has just been saying he's felt like some the guys are really just kind of pressing right now. They're trying to cover the entire strike zone, and so the hope is today they have a clear plan going into how they want to attack Sinctela. For that, it's just being aggressive. We've been seeing that, but just being more kind of with their swing path and like more to the point.
Speaker 1: So hopefully they can get things going.
Speaker 9: We obviously saw some good we saw some big hits yesterday and whether just really good walks and things like that. But we'll see how the Dodgers can find ways to get their offense going and really just kind of bringing guys in. That's got to be the focus to put some more runs on the board.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I need that offense to get going fast and that means to all right, Kirsen, we will check you with you after the game. Coming up here on Wrongo Casino Dodgers on Deck, we'll dive deeper to this pitching matchup. David Vase Say goes one on one with Alex Vesia. But next we'll get you an injury report and we'll hear from the manager Dave Roberts. It's the Dodgers and Rockies on this Monday night. First pitch is seven ten. I'm Tim Kateson's Los Angeles Dodgers Audio nine.
Speaker 1: This is Marongo Casino Dodgers Hunters on your home for LA Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 3: It's the Dodgers and the Rockies.
Speaker 2: Is Marongo Casino, Dodgers on deck gam tim u is Marongo Casino Resort and spat a Grand Slam for a good times. Dustin May on the mountain. Iight for the blue. First pitch coming up at seven ten.
Speaker 1: This it's the LA Dodgers Injury Report.
Speaker 2: Presented by UCLA Healthy, official medical partner of the Los Angeles Dodgers. Twelve players on the injured list to Oscar Hernandez not on the I yell, but not in the lineup to at least to start off, battling a little bit of the stomach bug that has been going around. Blake Snell is on the IEL with the left shoulder soreness. More on him coming up with David Vasse, Tony Gonsolin, Evan Phillips the closest to possibly returning. They're on minor league rehab as Simon's down in Triple A Oklahoma City. Last road trip, we saw Clayton Kershaw thrown off a mount as he works his way back from off season toe surgery. Let's head back out to Dodger Stadium and check in with the Dodger skipper.
Speaker 7: The questions for Dave Dave? Can you just describe Dave? Can you talk about the pressure in.
Speaker 1: The dugouts with Dave Roberts, I think you're talking about just the lack of production from the offense.
Speaker 10: What adjustments do you want to see just for.
Speaker 1: The guys gave things go.
Speaker 10: I think the kind of the the formula is just to have a kind of a clear plan individually as a team and go out there and try to execute it. And I say that at when you're when you're swinging and trying to cover every pitch, all parts of the zone. That's tough to do in the big leagues. But I think having an idea where you want to hunt, I think is a good start for us the show again.
Speaker 4: So you army out, opportunities are considered all maybe moving moves back and want and show you how.
Speaker 10: To do you know what, not really given that Freddy's going to be back, and I think that it's kind of we'd be back in that same position of having the lefties back to back. And also I just feel that there's guys that are going to perform better than they have, which show hey will ultimately get those opportunities.
Speaker 11: Is Tao saying another stomach.
Speaker 7: Related yes.
Speaker 8: In there.
Speaker 7: Yes.
Speaker 5: And when you say guys, have you noticed guys trying to cover too many parts of the plate or too many pitches?
Speaker 4: Is that one of the things that you've kind of seen over these first two weeks.
Speaker 10: Yeah, yeah, just especially more recently. Yeah, I think it's more of guys trying to do too much. I don't think anyone tells a hitter to try to cover the entire hitting zone and cover every single pitch.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 2: All right, there's Dave Roberts talking about the offensive struggles for the Dodgers the last ten days, in particularly the last nine games, in which the Dodgers have lost six of those nine. When we continue here on Wrongo, because you know, Dodgers on deck, we'll check in with David bassay get to the latest as we lead up to first pitch on this Monday night, Dodgers and Rockies first pitch of seven ten. I'm Tim Kats's world champion Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: This is Marongo Casino Dodgers on Deck on your home for the blue all season Low.
Speaker 2: Dodgers playing host and the Colorado Rocky start up at three game set. As the homesteading continues, Dustin May and Tonio Sincintelo pitching matchup coming up. We'll dive deeper to this pitching matchup. You'll hear from Alex Vesi and Tim and Rick Lo have the keys of the game.
Speaker 3: But first.
Speaker 1: Joining Tim Kats on Dodgers on Deck.
Speaker 12: I accept everybody for who they are.
Speaker 1: This is Dodger insider David Bassi.
Speaker 3: Right, DV. We heard Dave Roberts just a few minutes ago.
Speaker 2: I sent a little frustration in his tone answering the questions about this Dodgers offense, which on paper should never have a bad game. Collectively should never have a bad game. But here we are, DV.
Speaker 3: They've lost six of their last nine.
Speaker 13: Yeah, and the Dodgers are not panicking. Being in that clubhouse earlier today, Tim, They're very confident that losing these three straight series is just part of the marathon season. But I'm sure Dave Roberts is frustrated because there's not much he can do. He can't take the at bats for these hitters, but he certainly is stressing the fact that he wants to see more team at bats. That means guys passing the baton. We heard this ever since Dave Roberts took over, and even when Don Mattingley was the manager. When the Dodgers are at their best, they're seeing a lot of pitches, they're taking walks and moving that lineup and turning that lineup over for guys like Otani, Betts and Freeman. We haven't seen that so far consistently. And in the first eight games when the Dodgers were eight and oh, they were averaging close to six runs per game. But since that offense has stalled out and there's been guys in and out, no doubt, but during this stretch of time, the Dodgers are barely scoring three runs a game, and a lot of that has to do with the fact that the five through nine hitters are hitting below one eighty, so they're not getting on base, and that's a big reason why O'tani has only come to the plate four times this season with runners in scoring position.
Speaker 3: David has driven by Ford. There's one thing we like his choices.
Speaker 2: Find yours with the four f one to fifty gas hybrid all electric tough. This mark can only be called f one fifty. Speaking of frustration, you look at Dustin Made. David making his third start and his first two outings, hasn't gotten a lot of help behind him. He's got a sub one Erra, hasn't picked up a win yet, and his starts against the Braves and Nationals, and really has been a guy who's gone deep into games, has figured out, even through bumpy stretches in his outings, how to get strikeouts and how to get outs in general.
Speaker 13: Well, I know he throws hard, but he's a ground ball pitcher. When he's getting ground ball outs, that's when he's on his game, and so far he has been in his first two starts. And we talk about Dodger defense, well, on nights like tonight, it's very important to have your infield being able to field the ground balls, because Dustin May is that type of players. So you got keithk a Hernandez at second base. He got Tommy Edmond in center, So the left side of the Dodger infield, and Mookie Bets and Max Munsey may be busy tonight, and they've got to be able to make the routine plays. That's all the Dodgers are expecting from Mookie Bets and Max Munsey.
Speaker 2: When we talk about the NL West, it's the Dodgers and the Giants and the Diamondbacks, and heck, the Giants have starting to make a little run here with the Padres. The Rockies are that team that we always just kind of look past and for Rifley. So they just have not been good the last few years and offer to a three to twelve start, David. They got swept over the weekend. Is there any positives about this team right now?
Speaker 13: One of the good guys former Dodger Kyle Farmer. Yeah, Kyle Farmer is now on the Rockies. He's hitting third tonight as the Rockies DH.
Speaker 12: He has the eighth highest.
Speaker 13: Batting average in the National League are actually in the Major leagues, hitting three forty nine tim that's the eighth best batting average in Major League Baseball, and he had five hits in San Diego while the rest of the Rockies struggles for that entire three game series in San Diego. Kyle Farmer was five for ten. The rest of the Rockies in that three game series that saw the Rockies go scoreless for twenty seven innings. We're four for seventy eight. The rest of the team had four hits, while Kyle Farmer himself had five.
Speaker 2: Oh, that is a bad weekend for the Colorado Rockies. Hopefully that continues at Dodger Stadium for the next three nights. DV appreciate. We'll check back with you in just a couple of minutes. Coming up here on Marongo Casino Dodgers on Deck, you'll hear DV with Alex Vassio. We'll dive deeper into this pitchy matchup. We'll hear from Rick Monday. We got your price picked double play of the day. But up next, your Dodgers magical moment. That's next, leading up to Dodgers and Rockies on this Monday night.
Speaker 3: I'm Tim Kase's World.
Speaker 2: Champion Los Angeles Dodgers audio note.
Speaker 1: As we were saying yes, is Marongo Casino Dodgers on Deck on the official home of La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 2: Dodgers and Rockies on this Monday Night, Dustin May Antonio sinson Tello. The pitching matchup. First pitch in the ravine is coming up to seventy ten.
Speaker 12: It's not a ball game without a hot dog. Who wants that.
Speaker 1: Hot It's time for the Hawfy Magical Moment. It's magical present by Hawpy hot Dogs.
Speaker 2: Well, Dodgers taking on the Rockies. We go back to June eighteenth of last year at Coors Field in Denver. You know, elite at Coors Field is never enough, no matter how many runs it is. Dodgers were down five in the ninth inning, trailing the Rockies nine to four, when they pulled the biggest comeback of the season.
Speaker 5: Ball game in the balance, right here to two, swing on, hitting the air to right center.
Speaker 12: Field and deep, this ball heading back. This ball's gone, It's gone.
Speaker 11: It's gone. A three run home run.
Speaker 14: Tayos go hood on this and the Dodgers have.
Speaker 12: Come all the way back to take the lead.
Speaker 14: Oh my goodness, absolutely incredible. That's eleven to nine as the Dodgers down to their last strike, strike big time as Tayusker hits his eighteenth home run of the year.
Speaker 2: Dodgers down nine to four in the ninth, score seven runs to come back and win it eleven to nine against the Rockies last June, capped off by that ta Oscar Hernandez go ahead three run home run. Remember he was down to his last strike, was bailed out by first base umpire Lance Barksdale on a check swing that they said he did not go around. The next pitch he hit the go ahead three run home run. This Hofey magical moment brought to you by Hofey hot Dogs, Haffey so Cast, local treasure for nearly one hundred years.
Speaker 3: Haffey hot Dogs, local and so great.
Speaker 2: When we get tenue here on Dodgers on Deck, we will check you with Rick Monday and we'll get you your prize picks. Double Play of the Day that's coming up. We lead you up to Dodgers and Rockies on this Monday night. I'm Tim Kasey's World champion Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: It's Morongo Casino, Dodgers on Dodgers on Deck, y'all on the official home of La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 2: It's the Dodgers and the Rockies. The startup in a three game set. As the homestead continues. Dustin May and Tonio Cincintelo. The pitching matchup. First pitch coming up at seven.
Speaker 3: Ten got him with the two for one hard.
Speaker 12: Shot to third throws the second on the first double.
Speaker 15: What double holes games?
Speaker 1: This is the Prize Picks double play of the Day.
Speaker 2: Are you playing Prize Picks daily Fantasy sports? You should be baseball fans. Join me and millions of others right now. Download the free Prize Picks app and when you sign up, use the code go blue. Go blue, and you're gonna get fifty dollars instantly after you play your first five dollars lineup. That's fifty bucks instantly after you play your first five dollars lineup. When you sign up, use go blue. It's easy to play. Pick more or less on at least two players for a shot to win up to two thousand times your cash. Whether it's strikeouts, RBIs, first inning runs, you pick more or less the prize picks. Join me, use the code go blue when you sign up. Here are my two picks for tonight's game, Dustin May more or less five and a half strikeouts more, please more than five and a half strikeouts for Dustin May. Mookie Betts more or less a half a hit, a run and an RBI combined. Come on, more Dodgers offenses due more for Mookie bets, a half a hit, run in an RBI, and more five and a half strikeouts for Dustin May tonight against the Rockies again. Sign up for prize picks, use the code go Blue Prize Picks, run your game.
Speaker 1: And now joined by David Bass saying, here's La Dodgers broadcaster and World Series champion Dodger Rick Monday.
Speaker 13: We're having a good time on this great Monday afternoon early evening at Dodgers Stadium. Rick for the Dodgers a golden opportunity to get back to win a series against the Rockies.
Speaker 7: Yeah, how was your post game show last night?
Speaker 12: It was Rockets regulaire?
Speaker 7: Say, did you have your seatbelt fastener?
Speaker 1: Well?
Speaker 13: I think I feel like the Dodgers have spoiled a lot of fans. They're just five months removed from winning the World See.
Speaker 7: It is kind of strange.
Speaker 6: You look at the standings as we awoke today and it's the Padres a game and a half in front of San Francisco, now two and a half in front of the Dodgers. So yeah, It's kind of a strange situation to look up and see that there's a lot that has gone right so far this season for this Dodger Balklum. There's also if you look at the last road trip, plus they just completed first three games of the homestand there's a lot to say, look can be improved upon the last road trip. The defense wasn't really there, the base running was not good. I thought the timely hitting wasn't really there. It has not been there in two of the three games that they played against the Cubs, so this is a great time to try and turn things around. I did notice a couple of things, and we'll talk about it during the ball game too. I noticed in batting practice today Max Munsey in particular, and not to put the spotlight just on Max. Bottom third of the order is not hitting at all right now, and Max has been moved down to the seventh spot to I think Ki ca Heernanis will start at second base and then Andy Pohas will move over to right field. But the bottom part of the order is not setting the table at all for the top part of the order. But the Dodgers need more consistency in what they have done from an offensive standpoint, My point being with Max Munsey, I noticed today in batting practice that it seemed to be a much more concentrated effort to hit the ball to left center field and up the middle more and not maybe be as pull conscious.
Speaker 7: Well see how that works out tonight.
Speaker 13: Rick, I've heard a lot of major league players that are successful talking about having a plan during batting practice. How important is that to have a plan in batting practice?
Speaker 6: Yeah, it is very important, And we only see what is here on the field. What we did not see is inside in the batting cages, and with updated batting cages, you look at the telemetry that they can have, and there's a lot of work that goes on before they even come out. Freddy Freeman does not come out, very seldom does he hit on the field. Show Hey Otani does not hit on the field. That's taken inside. There's a lot of information that they can get. But there's also information that you have about the starting pitcher, what their tendencies are, not just in the past when you have seen them. You may be say, six for twelve against the lifetime how's he got thrown so far?
Speaker 7: This year?
Speaker 6: Has the breaking ball been there? Has he been able to find the striketh zone with the fastball? Little things here and there that you need to find out, And that's why you have advanced scouts and you have all the technology to look at video and figure out what that guy is maybe going to do his tendencies for tonight's game.
Speaker 13: How big of a departure or advantage is that compared to when Rick Monday and the Dodgers were taking batting practice in nineteen eighty two.
Speaker 6: Well, we had advanced scouts. I will tell you that there was one advanced scouting report that came in and and we used to look at the scouting reports.
Speaker 7: And pass them around.
Speaker 6: They were done in paper, and we had guys at advance and that the team that we're going to play next, And there was there was one scouting report that listed the starting pitcher, Well he throws the same he's wearing glasses this year, and I'm thinking, what the hell does that have to do with it? They were looking at but that was that was one of the reports and that we had a very good laugh on that one. By the way, that scout I don't think stayed with the organization very long. But yeah, tell me how he pitches. I don't give a darn few wears as his hat backwards or if he wears you know, wears glasses or not.
Speaker 13: I thought maybe he might have better command wearing glasses.
Speaker 7: Maybe he could find it, but maybe fine to play better.
Speaker 12: Yeah, well all right, Rick, thanks a lot.
Speaker 13: We'll try to get a better scouting report on Antonio sends a Telefornia.
Speaker 6: Yeah, we're working one up on YouTube.
Speaker 13: I'm not wearing glasses today. Dee will send it back to you in the studio.
Speaker 3: All right, I am wearing glasses. Thank you, DV.
Speaker 2: This Dodger's game plan brought to you by the California Community Colleges.
Speaker 3: Financial aids available.
Speaker 2: To help you with tuition, Dodger fans, books, sometimes even the rent they'll take care of.
Speaker 3: It's time to take that next big step.
Speaker 2: Classes can fill up quickly, so when roll today, I can go to college dot com still to come here on Dodgers on Deck, we'll get a preview of this pitching matchup.
Speaker 3: Tim and Rick will have the keys to the game. But I'm next.
Speaker 2: We all high and tight with alex Vesia Dodgers and Rockies. First pitch coming up, at seven ten. I'm Tim Katson's the world Champion Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: This is Morongo Cassino Dodgers Hunting game on your home for La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 2: Dodgers and Rockies on this Monday nights. Destin May on the bump, first pitch, coming up at seven to ten, Heading out to the game, heading home, little dinner with the family. Enjoy it here on the Dodgers Audio Network. How about some zinchi handcrafted sushi made fresh on site daily by professionally trained sushi chefs with passion and their tradition.
Speaker 3: You can taste it.
Speaker 2: Tunea Roles salmon rules, Tempura shrimp rolls. You got the mango crunchy dragon rolls my favorite. They also have poke bulls. Find out what they got all of it. They got a huge menu.
Speaker 3: Find Zen.
Speaker 2: She near the deli counter at ralphse Zen. She handcraft a sushi, always fast, fresh.
Speaker 1: And he's David and now what will likely be vast fielding insults from a Dodger player.
Speaker 3: It's an engagement of endearment.
Speaker 1: This is high and tight.
Speaker 13: We're joined right now by mister October of the bullpen or one of them, one of the dogs of that Dodger bullpen, and that is the lefty himself, Alex Vessia.
Speaker 12: Thanks a lot for the time.
Speaker 3: Appreciate it.
Speaker 11: I mean, mister October, I don't.
Speaker 12: I mean, I've seen you pitch in October Vessia.
Speaker 11: That's a heck of a intro. Thank you.
Speaker 13: That's the what, that's what I believe. If I didn't believe it, I wouldn't say it.
Speaker 16: All right, all right, I appreciate that. What questions do you have in store for us today?
Speaker 12: Well, let's start out with your personal life. You've been on social media.
Speaker 13: Announced that you and your wife are expecting a brand new Vesia, your first Vesia addition to the family.
Speaker 12: How exciting is that?
Speaker 11: Yeah, yeah, super exciting.
Speaker 16: We we've had a secret for a little while and a few teammates have known and then helped me and my best friend and whatnot, and then we announced it to my parents in case parents on opening day, and man, that was just super special, you know, for for myself and for k it's both, you know, the first grand baby of our family, so that that was very very special. And yeah, man, it's been very very exciting and we will know gender and everything like that on the twenty fourth, so basically like ten ish days and then yeah, after that, we just we'll keep knocking off days and.
Speaker 11: This baby's gonna gonna grow. So it's gonna be fun. Man, I'm very excited.
Speaker 13: How does that just change your perspective on what you do in baseball?
Speaker 16: Yeah, I think that, you know, and I you know, obviously providing for my family and whatnot is a huge, you know, objective goal however.
Speaker 11: You want to explain it.
Speaker 16: But now you have, you know, you have one more thing to play for, you know, And I think that that, you know, when I get to hold him or her and you know, for the first time, it's gonna be very special.
Speaker 15: And yeah, it's definitely I got a lot to play for.
Speaker 13: Alex Vessia is our guest. We're off and running in twenty twenty five. Alex and the Dodger bullpen again has been a big part of what the Dodgers are doing right now. What's the vibe down there with this new group of guys.
Speaker 16: Yeah, I mean, our new editions have been picking us up big time lately. It's it's been nice, you know, having been and Jack and even Garcia right. We just them three alone and have done really great and you know they they learn and adapt every day, and you know, I try my best to make sure it's loose and fun down there. And yeah, we've we've been having a good time. It's nice to be back in La have some nice weather. Your road trip was was kind of tough. But yeah, you know it's at the end of the day.
Speaker 11: Uh, yeah, we're ready to go.
Speaker 13: When people ask about what's wrong with the Dodgers and you look at your record.
Speaker 12: It's pretty good.
Speaker 13: Do you feel like you guys have set the bars so high for yourselves that to a certain extent people are spoiled.
Speaker 11: I mean, I'm not too sure.
Speaker 16: Obviously, that's a that's a tough question. But at the end of the day, our job is to go out there and do the best we can and to to win that day.
Speaker 15: Right, And it's one hundred and sixty two games.
Speaker 16: We're not gonna win them all, yeah, but we want to win every single game. You know that that's at stake, So taking it one day at a time, right, And you know, it's it's very early in the year, and you know we're gonna have ups and downs.
Speaker 15: We're gonna you know, even when you look back to last year.
Speaker 16: Last year, a lot of people have had a lot of opinions, and our season turned out pretty darn good, right, So you know, take it one day at a time, right, and not to to not get too far ahead of ourselves. And you know, we we do have a really good group of guys here with you know, our our leaders and the guys that are out in front. You know, we have full faith in them. They have full faith in us, right, and that's what I think makes this team.
Speaker 13: So you're not a young buck anymore, vest, Yeah, you've been here for a while. Do you feel like you're starting to evolve into that leadership role to go along with what you've learned from past veterans and current veterans like Blake Trining?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 16: Yeah, I mean it's every year there's new challenges, right, There's there's different you know, not every year is the same.
Speaker 15: I think, you know, the adversity that I've faced over the last.
Speaker 16: Five years, it's you know, it's definitely helped me, right, and it's also helped me teach guys like Ben and Jack, you know, just how to how to be a big leaguer.
Speaker 11: And you know, and what.
Speaker 16: Might work for me might not work for them, right, But we do have very good communication down there to where we're able to bounce ideas and topics just anything off of each other.
Speaker 15: And you know, with.
Speaker 16: With that open and honesty, knowing that like everything that I say is is in in good spirits, you know, and I think that that's that goes a long way. And yeah, man it you know, every every year it's you know, it's a new opportunity to uh to go out there and win World Series.
Speaker 13: I hate to bring it back to last year, but when you when the Cubs were in town, you guys went over to give Ryan Brazier his ring as a bullpen.
Speaker 11: What was that like?
Speaker 12: What was that moment like to see his reaction?
Speaker 11: Yeah, very special.
Speaker 16: We wanted to do that, you know, because he was a very big part of our bullpen and you know, we we do miss him.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 16: He was a great, great addition to our bullpen and you know, he deserved all the recognition and whatnot, So.
Speaker 11: It was great to present that to him.
Speaker 16: I don't I don't really I didn't really know if he knew that that's what we were gonna do.
Speaker 11: But you know to.
Speaker 16: We did play a little prank on him where we had a calf sleeve in the ring box, so when he opened it, he was expecting a ring and there was a calf sleep in there, and then Blake had the ring in his pocket. So you know, it's it's all fun, man. I mean, we we have such a good culture here and you know it's uh for for Brazier.
Speaker 15: I know it's very special for him.
Speaker 13: Hey, you're part of that culture of Vesia. You've been part of this for the last five years and certainly a big part of the Dodger bullpen. I'm always great to catch up with you, and congratulations on the upcoming addition to your family, and we'll catch up with you soon.
Speaker 11: Yeah.
Speaker 16: Absolutely, thank you. I appreciate it. And let's go get one today.
Speaker 12: Let's get one today.
Speaker 13: Due, all right, there he goes Alex Bessia has been our guest, and he'll get a gift card to Canaan Canaan's world best polarized sunglasses. He'll be looking good on the streets pushing that baby stroller around. Canaan's lenses are clearer, lighter, and stronger than other lenses and are nearly impossible to scratch is a Canaan dot Com for your pair.
Speaker 12: You're welcome, Bessie.
Speaker 11: Put them things to the test too. I'll tell you what that's right. Thank you.
Speaker 12: There he goes the man, Alex Bessia. We'll send it back to you.
Speaker 15: Tim.
Speaker 3: All right, thanks a lot, DV. Thanks you, Alex. Vessie.
Speaker 2: Maybe as you're pushing the stroller around, you could push it to Shaky's Pizza Parlor. Stop on in the official pizza partner, the Dodgers Audio Broadcast. When it's game night, it's group night, shakys dot Com leading you have to first pinch on this Monday, Dodgers and Rockies up next, we'll dive deeper into this pitching matchup.
Speaker 3: Don't go anywhere.
Speaker 2: I'm Tim Kase's World cham in Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: This is Marongo Casino Dodgers on tack on your home for the Blue all season long.
Speaker 2: Dodgers and Rockies start up a three game set. Dodgers trying to get back on the winning track. Start of the Colorado Rockies who got swept over the weekend and shut out on all three games.
Speaker 3: First pitch coming up at seven ten.
Speaker 1: And now before the Dodgers hit the dining we look at the pitching.
Speaker 2: Matchup presented by your Southern California Toyota Dealers. Work hard and play hard in a new Tacoma with an I Force Turbo charge engine. It's a truck built for the bolts. Here at Toyota Dealer today, they make it easy. Antonio cincintelah to two with a five to fourteen E. The thirty year old veteran right hander out of Venezuela. His ninth season the big leagues, all with the Rockies. He's been hurt the last two years ACL injury and then Tommy John surgery. He's finally healthy. It's made three starts. He's given up eight earned runs in fourteen combined innings in seventeen career games, fifteen starts against the Dodgers, four and six with a six to zho eight ERA at Dodgers Stadium.
Speaker 3: In nine games, he is one in four with a five to forty five ERA.
Speaker 2: He's allowed eleven home runs in Los Angeles at Dodgers Stadium, including a career high four back in twenty twenty. Dustin May on the mound for the Dodgers zero to one with a sub one ERA twenty seven year old right hander, also finally healthy, making his start the third start this season last time out. Six innings, three runs, three hits, a strikeout, just one loss. Though on the season as he is zero to one that I lost him to the Nationals. He'll face the Rockies for the fifth time in his career. Is four start, no wins, no loss, is a two eighty one ERA with thirteen strikeouts. He last faced the Rockies April fourteenth, twenty twenty one. He tossed four to a third innings, giving up two runs on seven hits while striking out six in a no decision. Dustin May Antonio Cincintela, Dodgers Rockies were fifteen minutes away for first.
Speaker 3: Pitch to the game. Are next.
Speaker 2: I'm Tim Kasey's World champion Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: As we were saying, this is Marongo Casino Dodgers on tack On, the official home of La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 2: Dodgers and Rockies. Dustin May on the man looking for his first win of the season. First pitch coming up at seven to ten. When the Boys in Blue play at home, it's important that they have the right plan to protect their house. The Dodgers need to start protecting a little bit better after dropping two of three over the weekend of the Cubbies. The same applies to your home. Always have a plan and follow fire safety tips. For example, use or install ignition at resistant materials around your home. Use fire resistant materials when building a deck, replace events with imber and flame resistant vents. Use non combustible fencing materials for the portion that connects to the house. For more about these tips and to find out others, visit fire dot CAA dot gov. Let's head back out to the booth one final time before first pitch. Tim never Rick Monday.
Speaker 5: Guys, Tim, thanks again, we count you down to the first pitch. Tonight at Dodgers Stadium is going to be a very pleasant night of the ballpark. Game one of a three game set the Dodgers and the Colorado Rockies, the first meeting of the season between these two nationallygue Western Division foes. The Rockies have matched their worst start in franchise history, which they said in twenty nineteen, going three to twelve over their first fifteen games, and after fifteen games they're nine and a half out already Antonio Senzetela ahero to two with a five to fourteen ERA. We'll get the ball for Bud Black's Rockies to go against Dustin May and May makes his third start. May took a tough luck loss last Monday, we could go in Washington, allowed three runs, only one of them earned in six innings, but it was one of those tough luck decisions that he had to take, wrong place, wrong time. His ERA still very good at eighty two.
Speaker 7: Yeah, it's below one.
Speaker 6: And if you look at that outening that he had a week ago tonight that was in Washington, d C. He went the six innings and while he had only one one strikeout, it was the second inning.
Speaker 7: It was a demise.
Speaker 6: There were two runs this scord, but there are also two airs made behind him, and it really got the feeling that Dustin May maybe turned the corner the way he was throwing in those six innings a total of just eighty six pitches, and hopefully he has really found his stride.
Speaker 5: Hasn't gone very well for the Rockies. Antonio Senzatela, However, if there is a silver lining for him, he has not given up an earned run on the road this season.
Speaker 6: Well, The other part too, is he's been pitching out of the stretch a lot. He's given up a four fifteen average. In fact, he's worked fourteen innings twenty seven base hits. He's already given up.
Speaker 5: Dustin May Antonio Senzatela Dodgers and the Rockies, Game one of a three game set from Dodgers Stadium. Lineup's first pitch not too far away, Tim.
Speaker 3: All right, thank you guys.
Speaker 2: When the game is over, David mad Sain's got you cover with all the postgame reaction highlights and of.
Speaker 3: Course Dodger talking as well.
Speaker 2: First pitches next, Dustin May on the bump when we return. Enjoyed, everybody. I'm Tim Casey's been Marongo Casino Dodge was on deck on the world champion Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network