Speaker 1: The following is a paid podcast. iHeartRadio's hosting of this podcast constitutes neither an endorsement of the products offered or the ideas expressed.
Speaker 2: Function better, feel better, and live a better life. This is doctor Eric Kaplan and you're listening to boost your brain power. This month is National Wellness Month? And what does that mean? Wellness? Right? Most people think of healthcare, but it's actually sick care, right. So most people only go to the doctor when they're sick to get some medicine, or they need to go to the surgeon to get some organ pulled out, right, So most medicine is after something bad happens. Wellness is prevention. Wellness is taking care of your body when you're healthy, so you don't need to go to the doctor, you don't need to take medicine, you don't need surgeries, you don't need drugs, you don't need pills, you don't need supplements, you don't need herbs. Wellness is taking care of your body so your body can take care of you. But how do you do that? And what are the biggest problems that plague our society these days? The number one killer is heart disease, and that's when people get heart attacks, drokes, you know, they get a lot of high blood pressure, right, So there's a lot of people on heart medication. There's a lot of people with high blood pressure. There's a lot of strokes and heart attacks and people who need cardiovascular interventions. They might need a stent, they might need a pacemaker or you know something where the heart it's not working. You got to replace the valve or you know, there's a lot of heart issues. A stroke is when you don't get enough blood into the brain. There's an a schemic stroke, which is where the artery gets clogged, right, and there's a heemorrhagic smoke stroke that's when the blood vessels pop and the brain bleeds. So there's two different types of stroke. One is basically the arteries clogged and the blood's not getting into the brain. And then one is the pressure so much it actually bursts the arteries and the blood is leaking. That's a hemorrhage. Brain hemorrhage. They're not good. You could die, all right, So obviously we don't want to die. So the easiest way is too stroke. Why wait till you get a stroke, have to go to hospital, have to get on blood dinners and then they put you on medication for the rest of your life. Wellness is preventing stroke, preventing heart attack. You know the most common time of heart attack and stroke Monday morning. Monday morning. Why do you think that is? People were off all weekend, having fun, sleeping in Monday morning, bam back to work, back to a job they don't like, back to working with coworkers that annoy them, back to a boss that treats them like crap. If you don't have joy in what you do, you're gonna be stressed going to work. And these are the people that say, thank God it's Friday. Can't wait for the weekend. If you go your whole life waiting for Friday, there's no way to live. You want to say thank God it's Monday. That you want to get up, You want to go to your job. You want to help people. You like your boss, you like your coworkers, you like your clients, You like what you do. You're contributing to society, You're helping others. If you love what you do, you never work a day in your life and your stress levels go down. Monday morning the most common time for heart attack and stroke. So number one, let's get a job that you like. Number two, have good relationships. Relationships with your spouse or your parents, or your kids, or your siblings, or your friends, your coworkers, your clients, people where you live, your neighbors. Have good relationships. Humans need interaction. If you're isolated, you're gonna be more in stress mode, and that's gonna make you more likely to have a heart attack and stroke. Don't be isolated, be social, get out, don't stay at home. Join some clubs, do some activities, take some classes, anything where you get out of your house and you're social and you see other people. Right, How else can we reduce stress? Well, one way is to work on your brain. There's a process called neuroplasticity, and what neuroplasticity means is you could rewire your brain. So we see a lot of patients in stress mode. Call it the fight or flight mode. The cortisol levels are too high, the heart's beaten too fast, the mind's racing trouble with sleep, anxiety, panic. That's not healthy. It makes you more likely to get heart attack or stroke. The more relaxed you are, the more calm you are, your heart's more relaxed, your breathing is more calm and you're less likely to get that stuff. So you might have to work on your autonomic nervous system. Your parasympathetic part of the autonomic nervous system. There's four nerves that are linked to the parasympathetic nervous system. Number one it's called your ocular motor nerve. That's the eyes. An easy little eye exercise is you just look at a dot on the wall, all straight ahead, eye level, arm's length away, and you slowly turn your head right and left, not too far, not too fast. You do that ten times. It's called a no no exercise. Then you go up and down ten times. It's called a yes yes exercise. That's a good eye exercise. The eyes are the window into the nervous system. It's the only part of the brain we could see. Right, we could see your eyes, but I can't see your brain. I can't see your nerves, can't see your spinal cord, can't see your brain stam or your cerebellum. Can't see any part of the brain or nervous system except your eyes. And when we look inside the eyes, you can actually see the blood vessels. It's the only part you can see the blood vessels. So I can tell how your heart is working by looking with my opt the moolscope, and I could see the blood vessels. If the veins are too big and they have a two to one va ratio veine to artery ratio, I mean there's too much pressure in there. So I could diagnose heart problems. By looking into the eyes, you can see if there's a liver problem with the eyes. The eyes are yellow jaundice, there could be a liver problem, So you could discover brain problems, heart problems, liver problems all through the eyes. And eye exercises are one way to stimulate the parasympathetic nervous system to get you out of that fight or flight mode into a relaxed rest and digest. The second nerve that's going to help you relax, it's called the facial nerve. The facial nerve can be stimulated by increasing the optic blink reflex, and what that means is just by blowing air into the eye and eliciting the blink, that's the blink reflex that will actually activate the facial nerve. Pretty cool stuff, right, So you can do eye exercises you can do the blink reflex. The third nerve is called the glosso pharyngeal nerve, the glosso pharyngeal nerve. It can be stimulated with the gag reflex. Now, don't do it if you have a history of bolimia, anorexia, or any eating disorder. But I know it seems weird that the gag reflex well, actually relaxing. What that means is, you know, if you're brushing your teeth at night, go all the way back, you know, towards your back palette. And if you go further enough back, not to the point where you throw up, but just where you get like a little like a little reflex there. That's called the gag reflex. Can use your toothbrush a tongue depressor just to hit the back of your palate. That helps with the glossopharyngeal nerve, or the parasympathetic nervous system gets you at a fight or flight into a relaxed rest and digest. Now, the fourth nerve is called a vegus nerve, the vegas nerve. You can stimulate that with gargling. Right, so if you do the eye exercises, the optic blink reflex, the gag reflex, and gargling. You're hitting all four of those nerves that are going to relax your brain, get you out of stress mode, rewire your nervous system and make you less likely to get anxiety, stress, and thereby reducing your chances of heart attack and stroke. Imagine that you can actually do brain exercises. You know, we've been taught our whole life to do physical exercises, to say in shape, but nobody tells you to do brain exercises. To improve your mood, To improve your memory, your focus, your motivation, don't get distracted, don't get digital dementia where you use all these electronics your phone, your cell phone, your iPad, the computer to do your brain work. The more you use the technology and the less you rely on your brain, the weaker it becomes. So start using your brain. Unplug so you can start functioning better, feeling better, and live a better life. This is doctor Eric Caplan. You're listening to boost your brain power.
Speaker 3: Don't miss boost your brain power with doctor Eric Kaplan every Saturday from two pm to three pm to learn the secrets of how to optimize your brain function. You can improve memory, focus, energy, sleep, digestion, mood, skin, metabolism, and strength. By following the science and research that doctor Caplan will be sharing with his audience, join the adventure of discovering how to help the brain and body in a natural way while having fun at the same time. Listen to boost your brain power. If you want to function better, feel better, and enjoy the quality of life you deserve. Called two oh one two six ' one two one five zero, or email info at Kaplin Brainandbody dot com if you're interested in a free ten minute consultation with doctor Kaplan, or visit kaplandc dot com for more information.
Speaker 2: Function better, feel better, and live a better life. This is doctor Eric Kaplan, and you're listening to boost your brain power. If you ever have anxiety, the key is distraction, right. So if you're, you know, fighting with your spouse and that's creating anxiety, I start yelling at each other, say excuse me, honey, I don't really like how we're fighting. I need a little break. I'm gonna go for a walk outside. Distract yourself, do something else. Right, And you're studying for a test and you can't focus or think because you're all nervous distract yourself. Take a little break, take a five minute shower, get a glass of water, get out of the room, read a little bit, and then go back to studying. Let's say you have you know, you're worried about the next day, you have a meeting. Right, you can't just be like, all right, calm down, it's gonna be okay, you know your stuff. Nope, that doesn't work. Distract yourself. Leave the room where you are, Go take your dog outside and go throw the ball and play fetch. Do something to distract yourself, no matter what the anxiety is. Distract yourself. Go turn on the music in the next room, Go read a book outside, go, you know, pick some tomatoes from the garden. Distract yourself. I don't care what it is, but distraction is one of the most important things for anxiety. For depression, the key is progression. You got to progress progress in anything, right, If you do progression, it could be on day one you do one push up, on day two, you do two push up. On day three you do three push up. That's progression. Could be on day one you lift one pound, on day two you lift two pound. On day three you lift three pound. That's progression could be walk a tenth of a mile on day one twenty you know, like a fifth of a mile on day two, a quarter of a mile on day three, right a third of a mile, and day four half a mile, and day five right three quarters a mile day six, and then by day seven you're walking a mile, and then by next week you're walking two miles. And then maybe you'll do the two miles a little bit quicker, and you'll do a faster walk or a power walk, and then you'll maybe do a jog. Then maybe you'll do run. Then you run for two miles, and you run for three miles. Just make progression. It'll boost your mood, increase your motivation, improve your memory, crease your energy, better sleep. Your life will change if you just take these little implemental habits every day. Just make progression. The key for depression is progression, right, make progress in the foods you eat an extra you know, serving a fruit or veggies. Get that color in your diet. You don't need multi vitamins. All you need to do is eat colors of the rainbow. If you eat something that's red, orange, yellow, green, blue, and you go violet every day, you get all your nutrients. It's that simple. Don't complicate it. You don't have to count your proteins and your carbs and your fats and your calories and doukto or apkins or pallio or be a vegan or a carnivore. You don't have to do all that stuff. Just eat real food. Don't eat the white foods, the dairy, the sugar, the bread, the flour, those rice and noodles and potatoes and carbs and cereals and crackers and oatmeal. Stop eating all that stuff in boxes and cans and bags. Eat real food, one ingredient food, all with colors, lots of colors. That's how you get your nutrients. And not skittles. Not food dye. Right. Food dye is banned in almost all these countries except America. America. Lets them poison our food with food dyes and artificial sweeteners and flavors and all these little you know, pesticides and herbicides aspartain glyfa sate, you know yellow number five, red number forty. It's crazy, all this stuff, it's banned in all countries. The Oreo cookies in America are much worse than the Oreo cookies in Germany. It's different out there. The McDonald's in America is different than the McDonald's in Japan. There's different rules in different in countries. You know that even the coca cola in America is different than the coca cola in the Dominican Republic. It's different. The unhealthiest food is even worse here because they don't put these laws banning these products that cause cancer, inflammation, autoimmune disease. So you got to be very careful with what you eat. Keep it simple. Eat everything that's fresh, organic, grass fed, wild, free roaming, no GMO, no pesticides, no herbicides, no antibiotics, no steroids, no hormones. You gotta be meticulous in what you eat. You don't have to follow some fancy blood type diet or you know, any program the whole thirty. You know, it's just eating real food. Keep it simple, right, Eat good, healthy food every day that brings down your inflammation. And that includes drinks. The only drink you should have is water. That's it. Shouldn't be drinking anything besides water. Shouldn't have milk milks for babies. Are you a baby? I don't think I have any baby listeners. So if you're not a baby, don't drink milk. If you are a baby, drink human milk from your mother's breasts, but do not drink cow's milk. You're not a calf. Humans have different stomachs than cows. They have different enzymes, different types of acids and bials, and different compartments and intestines and valves and all this stuff. It's very different. So our bodies have no idea how to digest cow's milk. So number one, you're not a baby. Number two, you're not a cow. So stop drinking milk. Stop having cheese, yogurt, cream cheese, creamy sauces, ice cream, sour cream, cream cheese, stay away from it all. You should never have dairy products never, and you should not have goat milk either, or goat cheese or sheep milk or sheep cheese. It's completely unnatural. We can't digest that. There's no benefit. It does not make your bone strong, it doesn't increase your calcium levels. You've been lied to your entire life. There is no benefit to dairy products and milk, but all the research does not support it prevents osteoporosis. In fact, it's the exact opposite. If you drink milk, you're more likely to have osteoporosis versus someone who doesn't drink milk. You've been lied to your whole life. Milk does not do a body good. And if you want to prevent heart disease, you better stop drinking milk and eating cheese. You want to prevent Parkinson's, they've linked dairy products. Harvard came outlets studied a few years ago that links dairy product consumption to Parkinson's disease. Your kids to have developmental delays, autism, turetts, aspergers, add ADHD, you better get them off milk. I've had patients with all of those diagnoses, and once they get off milk, their brain changes within a few weeks. It functions at a much higher level. You don't want autoimmune disease, Hashimoto's, thyroid ditis. You got a thyroid problem, Stay away from milk. You got ibs, you have intestinal problems, alco rate of colitis, gastritis, acid reflux, ce bo, you got bloating, you have constapation or dirhea, you get nausea, You better stay away from all their products, milk, cheese, yogurt, cream, cheese, sour cream, butter, ice cream, pizza, creamy sauces, primavera, parmesan cheese, cheese sticks. Stay away from it if you don't want that stuff. You don't want exzema, you don't want pimples, you don't want hives, you don't want skin problems, you don't want wrinkles. Stay away from milk and dairy products. That way you'll function better, feel better, and live a better life. This is doctor Eric Kaplan, and you're listening to boost your brain power.
Speaker 3: If you want to improve your brain function, help with memory, focus, sleep, digestion, energy, depression, anxiety, dizziness, balance, vision, headaches, brain fog, weight loss, or simply want to maximize your human potential and prevent future diseases, that this is the show for you. Don't misboost your brain power with doctor Eric Caplan and you will learn natural, integrative and holistic approaches to modern day medical problems such as Alzheimer's, Parkinson's stroke, autism, add concussion, autoimmune diseases, insomnia, fibromyalgia, vertigo, migraines, four posture pain, TBI, skin and digestive problems. Doctor Kaplan is most famous for getting to the root cause of a wide variety of brain and health conditions, rather than treating symptoms with traditional medicines and risky surgeries. To contact doctor Caplin, you can call his team at two oh one two six one two one five zero or visit his website at KAPLANDC dot com.
Speaker 2: Function Better, feel better and live a better life. This is doctor Eric Kplan and your listening to boost your brain power. Now, if you want to prevent heart disease, you must start exercising, moving your body and not living a sedentary lifestyle. The more I speak to patients, the more I find out that sitting is just every aspect of their day. So they wake up and they sit at the breakfast table, and then they sit in the car on the way to work. Then they sit at the computer all day. Then they sit at lunch, and then they sit back at the computer. Then they sit on the car ride home or the bus ride or the train ride. Then they come home and sit at dinner, and then they sit on the couch and watch Netflix, and then they sit in bed strolling through their social media, and then they go to bed, and then they go home and do it all again the next day, and then Okay, on the weekend, let's do something different. And then they sit at the bar, they sit at the restaurant, they sit at the movie theater, they sit at the play, they sit at the opera, they sit at the musical. Right, every activity is sitting. Sitting is the new smoking. You have to stop sitting. You got to move your body. So I call it the twenty rule. This will help prevent stroke, heart attack, Alzheimer's. Keep your brain in tiptop shape. Every twenty minutes, you get up for twenty seconds, move your body for twenty seconds, look twenty feet away, and then you could go back to sitting. But never sit for more than twenty minutes. I don't care if you just take a lap around your desk for twenty seconds. If you do twenty shoulder rolls, you do twenty jumping jacks, twenty push ups, twenty sit ups, twenty lunges, twenty squats, walk twenty steps, march in place twenty times. All right, but just move that body for twenty seconds and then you could go back to your routine. You'll focus better, you'll think better. Your memory you'll better. Your energy is better, your motivations better, your retention's better. Your distraction is in his bed. The depressions better, the anxiety is better, the sleep is better. Everything improves with the twenty minute rule. You have to do it. You got to put an alarm because you're not gonna do it on your own. You're not gonna remember every twenty minutes, all right, So if you're sitting at the dinner table every twenty minutes, just get up, walk around the table, sit back down. Not a big deal. Twenty seconds. You're watching TV every twenty minutes, probably at the commercial or whatever. You get up, walk to the kitchen twenty feet and come back, or do twenty jumping jacks. If you don't want to miss you watching a Yankee game or whatever, do twenty push ups so you could stay and watch it at the same time. But just move your body. The worst thing is just sitting. Sitting is the new smoking that will kill you. Stop living this sedentary lifestyle at least a heart disease, cancer, obesity, and Alzheimer's. I don't want that stuff. I'm so grateful I have a job where I don't sit. I'm moving all day long, constant movement, always moving. Now when I'm going away on vacation. I'm gonna be I'm gonna sit on the aisle so I can get up frequently. I'm gonna be going to a seminar. I'm gonna sit at the end of the seminar. Sign Get up and move around, all right. Set your life up so it's easy to move. You know, if you have to be at your computer and someone's watching you, get you know, a standing desk where you know you could sit, but then you could stand, and then you could do some at least shoulder rolls. You know, you could do stuff in place and keep your body moving. There's always a solution. But stop sitting, get off your butt and move. Find activities that you'd like to do. You know a lot of people doing pickleball. I'm fine with that. Get up and move. People like to go hiking. Awesome, go hiking. People love bike riding, great bike riding, roller skating, tennis, basketball, zoomba, pilates, tai chi, yoga, p ninety X, insanity bar class, psycho class. I don't care what it is, but move your body. You know. I have people that take these dance classes. They do a pole dancing like the Strip club, or they do belly dancing like in Hawaii. I mean you got hip hop dancing. You know they got anything you could want. It doesn't have to be salsa or tango or merengue. Just find something that you like. Get your body moving. You move it or you lose it. Same thing with your brain. You use it or you lose it. Challenge your brain. Start remembering people's phone numbers, Start remembering their addresses, remember the directions, remember people's names. Purposely, come up with ways to remember things. Put that intention out there. People are so distracted they lose their focus so easily they have no intention to remember as people's names. You have to when you meet somebody, you gotta say, I gotta remember this person's name. You gotta come up with some stories, some emotional connection, some songs, some actors, some movie, some friends, some relative, some sort of emotional connection, and you gotta purposely say, I'm gonna remember this person's name. It's very important that you stay focused and challenge yourself. All right, now, I want to cover a little cancer. A lot of people ask me about cancer. Cancer loves sugar, right, So if you want to prevent cancer or you have cancer, now you better stay away from all sugar, and sugar's everywhere. It's not just in a Snicker's bar or a lollipop. It's everywhere. It's in your cereal, it's in your bread, it's in your pasta, it's in your crackers. It's everywhere. It's in your muffins and cookies and cakes, and in your toast, and in your croissants, and in your bagels, in all your cereals and oatmeals. It's in it's everywhere. You gotta be careful. It's in all your drinks. It's in your coffee. It's in your soda. It's in your lemonade. It's in your juice, it's in your energy drinks. It's everywhere. So you gotta avoid sugar all sugar, I fructose, corn syrup, cane, sugar. You gotta avoid sugar replacements. Don't eat anything that says sugar free. If it's sugar free, that means they replaced it with some artificial sweet eaten that causes cancer. Aspertain causes cancer. That's the artificial sweetener. And all your diet sodas and all your gums, these artificial sweeteners cause cancer. So sugar causes cancer, but sugar free causes cancer. Stay away from the bread, Stay away from the gluten free bread. They're all full of sugar. Just because you're eating gluten free cookies, it doesn't mean it's healthy. It's crap. Stop eating gluten free bread, gluten free cookies, good bagels, gluten free cereal. It's all full of sugar. Never get anything that's free, gluten free, don't buy it. Sugar free, don't buy it. Dairy free, don't buy it. Fat free. Don't buy it. It's fat free. It's full of sugar. They're all marketing gimmicks. They just want you to buy their product. Oh what do people like? Ooh it's sugar free. No, that's the worst. You want to avoid cancer, you avoid all sugar free, got it? You avoid gluten free, dairy free, sugar free. It's all toxic. Have you ever had a sugar free cucumber or gluten free broccoli? No, of course, not a dairy free apple. No. If it's healthy, they don't need to advertise it. They don't need to convince you it's healthy. When's the last kale commercial you saw? Never buy anything on a commercial. What's on a commercial? Coca Cola, pop tarts, frosted Flakes, Burger King, McDonald's, Taco Bell, Budweiser, Cores Light. It's all bad milk, cheese, mac and cheese. Right, that's what's on a commercial you're gonna see. You're not gonna see an orange commercial, but you see orange juice. Don't buy orange juice. It's all sugar. Never buy anything on a commercial. Now, it's all medications. Do you know there's only two countries in the entire world that legally are let out to have medications on commercial, the United States and New Zealand. That's it. All other countries ban any commercials for pharmaceuticals because why should a drug company need to advertise. The doctor should tell you what you need, not a commercial. All right, So don't buy anything on a commercial because they're just selling you a product that you don't need, which includes medication, which includes dairy and bread and all these things in boxes and cans and bags. If you want to avoid cancer, you have to avoid all the chemicals, all the food dies, all the glyphasate, which is the chemicals they spray on your corn and your soy and your weed products. Glivasate is banned in all the countries, and people use it on their lawn here where their dogs and kids are running around, and it literally causes cancer, So avoid glyphasate or round up. If you want to function better, feel better, and live a better life, this is doctor Eric Kaplan. You're listening to boost your brain power.
Speaker 3: Don't miss boost your brain power with doctor Eric Kaplan every Saturday from two pm to three pm to learn the secrets of how to optimize your brain function. You can improve memory, focus, energy, sleep, digestion, mood, skin, metabolism, and strength by following the science and recee that doctor Caplan will be sharing with his audience. Join the adventure of discovering how to help the brain and body in a natural way while having fun at the same time. Listen to boost your brain power. If you want to function better, feel better, and enjoy the quality of life you deserve. Called two oh one two six ' one two one five zero or email info at Kaplan, brainanbody dot com if you're interested in a free ten minute consultation with doctor Caplan, or visit kaplandc dot com for more information.
Speaker 2: Function better, feel better, and live a better life. This is doctor Eric Kaplan. You're listening to boost your brain power. If you want to avoid cancer, you have to avoid all chemicals. And they're going to be in your candles, in your soaps, in your toothpaste, in your son screen and suntan lotion, and your conditioner and your shampoo, in your detergents, in your bleaches. There's so many of these chemicals everywhere. It's in your plastics, in your cookware, and your aluminum and teflon pans. It's in your storage, your tin foils and your heavy metals. You got your lead and your paint and in your water, and you got arsenic is in brown rice and apple juice, and you got aluminum in deodorant, and you got mercury in medication and vaccines, and you know, it's like the fillings in your teeth. You know, there's these chemicals everywhere. There's fluoride in the water and in the toothpaste. You want to avoid cancer, you gotta avoid all these chemicals. So so keep it simple, right, avoid all that stuff. For the cookwaar, just use stainless steel. It's not simple. For your storage containers, just use glass. You know you want a water bottle, glass, water bottle or stainless steel. That's it. Keep it simple. Don't use aluminum foil. You can use parchment paper if you want. All right, please stop using the aluminum and check your deodorant. You might have it. If you touch aluminum foil, it gets in your body. Stay away from aluminum. I mean, there's so many people that we see in their blood work they've high aluminum. And guess what aluminum leads to Alzheimer's disease. You want Alzheimer's, you want dementia. I don't. So I'm gonna try to avoid aluminum. Avoid alluminum at all costs. Avoid those heavy metals, Avoid those chemicals. Suntan lotion is the most toxic chemical that you could put on your body. And I know we're in the middle of the summer right now, So if you got to use something because you're gonna be at the beach all day long, use zinc oxide. That's it. Don't use suntan lotion. Only use zinc oxide. That's the safest product out there. Right. But the sun is good. It helps boost your immune system, It helps prevent heart disease, and it helps prevent cancer, and it helps prevent a thyroid problem, and it helps boost your immune system, and it helps prevent to mention Alzheimer's. It's literally been proven. We need the sun. We need vitamin D. It's gonna boost your mood. You have depression, you better start taking vitamin D and get it in the sun. You want to prevent diabetes, you better eat healthy, right. Stay away from all those white foods, all the sugar, all the bread, all the starchy carbs. You eat a lot of the colorful foods. And you got to stay active. You know, you could reverse diabetes naturally without met forming or without all these drugs that people are using now to lose weight. You know, people don't know about those drugs. You know o zepic right, Literally, your stomach can explode. You know, it causes all this inflammation. There's a lot of side effects that they don't tell you. You gotta be careful with these diabetes medications. It's much better to hear yourself naturally. You want to prevent Alzheimer's, you got to do novelty. You got to do new things. The key to improving your brain as you get older is to learn new things every day, do new things, be uncomfortable, challenge yourself. Your brain's like a muscle. You use it or you lose it. So stop do mean the same thing every week. You've got to change it up. Take a new class, go to a new place, hang out with new people, learn new things, join new groups, do new activities. You have to do new things, get out of your comfort zone. Don't just do things you're good at. Do things you're bad at, so you struggle. You've got to be uncomfortable. You want your brain to get stronger, you've got to be uncomfortable. So my trainer always says, you're not going to gain any muscle mass until you're uncomfortable. Same thing for your brain. Your brain's not going to get stronger until you challenge it. To your uncomfortable, to your bed at things you can't do it, challenge your brain. Now, if we want to do prevention, you've got to analyze your brain and see are you at risk for dementia, Alzheimer's and easy at home test it's called the Mocha test. We do that with our patients in office, but if you want, you can do it with a friend or a family member. Someone could take the test for you and you do the Mocha test Moca. You just download it online. It's basically a brain test, and you have to get at least a twenty six out of thirty. If you get less than a twenty six, call my office immediately. We need to work on your brain, all right. If you're above twenty six, that's good, that's considered normal. But you might also want to check your brain just to make sure there's not other issues going besides just your memory. Now, there's three tests that I recommend taking to check out your brain and your body and see if you're at risk for dementia, Alzheimer's, or heart disease, or diabetes, or obesity or cancer or you know, pneumonia, the flu. So we want to do a full neurological and physical evaluation. There's three tests that I would recommend you getting. Number one is called a q EEG brain mapping. Okay, do you EEG? Brain mapping is where you wear this cap and it's got electrodes attached to it and it measures all your brain waves, your alpha, your beta, your theta, your delta, and it's gonna tell us do you have anxiety? Do you have insomnia? Do you have depression? Do you have sleep deprivation? Do you have lack of motivation? Do you have short term memory, working memories, sequential memory problems, long term memory problems. Do you have balance problems, ear problems, eye problems. Do you have ringing in your ears or light sensitivity? Do you have problems shifting tests? Do you have problems with focus? Do you get distracted easily? Do you have troubles with your dopamine? Do you have low dopamine or low aceto colon? Do you have white matter inflammation? Do you have heavy metal poisoning? You have a thyroid problem? Do you have intestinal inflammation? This picks up everything. It's called a qEEG brain mapping. That test is normally five hundred dollars for the first seven people to call, text or email. You could get it for only twenty one dollars. The phone number to call our text is six four six two two one six seven three eight. The email is info at Kaplan brainebody dot com. The next test that I would recommend is called a VNG video and nostography. This test is where you take uh these goggles and have infrared cameras on them, and these infrared cameras measure your eye movements and you're gonna follow this red laser light and it's gonna go left and right and up and down and fast and slow, and it's gonna be with a head turning and lightness and in darkness, and it's gonna measure the imbalances of your brain from left to right. So a lot of people have imbalances from left to right, and that leads to developmental delays such as autism or dyslexia or add or ADHD or aspergers or ticks, or anxiety or depression or bipolar schizophrenia, or troubles with sleep or you know, figure out which areas are overactive, and these people will have insomnia and heart palpitations and their minds raising a million miles per hour. And uh there get panic, and they get anxiety, and they have high stress and muscle spasm and inflammation. Right, the VG picks this up. Now, would also pick up which areas are underactive. People with low motivation, low energy, poor memory, you know, fatigue, no passion for life, troubles with focus, can't get anything done, trouble with concentration. It picks up which areas are overactive and which areas are underactive, And how come we have these imbalances of left to right. Therefore we could focus our recommendations to stimulate the underactive areas, but calm down the overactive areas. That's why I love the VNG test, and you could do the qEEG and the VNG. The VNG is normally five hundred dollars, but for the first seven people to call text or email, you could get the VNG test for only twenty one dollars. The phone number to call her text is six four six two two one six seven three eight and the email is info at kaplanbrainebody dot com. If you want to do both tests, you could do the qEEG and the VNGG for only twenty one dollars each. You can just pay a total of forty two dollars. Now, if you want to do the third test, you can do all three, and I recommend him doing all three. The third test is a one on one with me. And if you do the third test, I'll go over your VNG, I'll go over your brain, I'll go over your blood work, and in additionally I'll check out your heart, check out your memory. Check out your lungs and your gut, and your digestion and your posture, your balance, your linemen, check out your bones, your muscles, your nerves, check out your eyes and your ears. A full physical evaluation, and I'll give you a diagnosis, a prognosis and my recommendations all in one visit. Okay, that visit with me. The one on one is also normally five hundred dollars, but for the first seven people to call, text or email you can get that test for only twenty one dollars as well. The phone number to call or text is six four six two two one six seven three eight, or you can email info at Kaplinbrain Andbody dot com. If you like my show, you can always go on the website of the radio station and go onto the archives. Put on under my name Doctor Eric Kaplan boost your brain power and you can listen to all my old shows. If you want to come to one of my offices or do a virtual consultation, I'll give you a free one on one consultation. We could do it over zoom or over the phone. If you don't want to do any of the tests, so that's not a big deal, just go to our website kaplindc dot com and you can find some information and set up a ten minute consult as well. If you want my book. It's called Boost Your Brain Power, a Guide to improving your Memory and Focus. You could get that on Amazon when you research it on Amazon. When you put in boost your brain Power, make sure brain power is one word, and you'll see my name, doctor Eric Caplan as well as a big picture of a big blue brain as well. It is a super easy read. It takes only about an hour two hours to read. There's seventeen short chapters on the most important ways that neuroscience has improved to improve your memory and focus. If you're on social media, you can go to our Facebook it's called Caplin Brain and Body. We also have YouTube channel videos Caplan Brain and Body. You could go on our Instagram Caplan Brain Body. If you're on TikTok, it's doctor Eric Kaplan, so you can follow us on social media. You could like subscribe, comment. If you're interested in my weekly newspaper columns, you could go to the Pascak Press and subscribe to that. I do a weekly newspaper column as well. There is lots of ways to get our information out there. You just got to take action improve your habits so you function better, feel better, and live a better life. This is doc Doctor Eric Kaplan and you just listen to boost your brain power. We'll see you next week.
Speaker 3: If you want to improve your brain function, help with memory, focus, sleep, digestion, energy, depression, anxiety, dizziness, balance, vision, headaches, brain fog, weight loss, or simply want to maximize your human potential and prevent future diseases, that this is the show for you. Don't misboost your brain power with doctor Eric Caplan and you will learn natural, integrative, and holistic approaches to modern day medical problems such as Alzheimer's, Parkinson's stroke, autism, add concussion, autoimmune diseases, insomnia, fibromyalgia, vertigo, migraines, four posture pain, TBI, skin and digestive problems. Doctor Kaplan is most famous for getting to the root cause of a wide variety of brain and health conditions, rather than treating symptoms with traditional medicines and risky surgeries. To contact doctor Kaplin, you can call his team at two O one two six one two one five zero, or visit his website at kaplindc dot com.
Speaker 1: The proceeding was a paid podcast. iHeartRadio's hosting of this podcast constitutes neither an endorsement of the products offered or the ideas expressed