Speaker 1: Hello, and welcome to Psychic Teachers. I'm your host, deb.
Speaker 2: Boen, and I'm Samantha Fay.
Speaker 1: We're so excited that you have joined us this week for a really interesting topic which we're going to dive into in just a minute. But before we do, I just need to remind you that you can still register from my January to road course, which is offered on zoom in an afternoon and an evening section, but hurry, it really is filling up quickly in both sections. Information is on my website, Debboen dot com. So let's dive in.
Speaker 2: Samantha, Okay, I'm very excited for today's topic. We're going to be exploring one of divination's most ancient arts, and it's called lithomancy, which is basically just using crystals as a divination tool. So we're going to share some history and some techniques for this practice, but we're also hopefully going to give you some practical and good exercises and tips that you can start using with your crystals today. So settle in, clear your mind, and prepare to discover a whole new metaphysical tool. So lithomancy at its core is divination through stones. The word merges the Greek lithos, which means stone, with mantilla, which means prophecy. It falls under the umbrella of casting and drawing lots, but it's important to distinguish between casting lots, where the fall of the pattern is red, and drawing lots, which is where the choice is read. This is a different process called sortilage. Now, this type of divination casting of lots has been practiced forever. The old most evidence for divination using stones or pebbles appears in Mesopotamian omen literature, dating as early as three thousand b c. Clay tablets describe methods of casting and interpreting small objects, usually stones, to answer questions posed to deities. Several African divination systems use shells, bones, stones, or nuts in their casting rituals. In the Middle East, geomancy, which means divination of the earth, has appeared historically connected to casting stones or drawing dots in the sand, and some Persian folk traditions involve casting small stones or beads to answer yesno, or directional questions. In some Japanese folk practices, pebbles tossed before roadside shrines were used to determine fortune or seek spiritual guidance. Really interesting to think about how this has gone back for millennia.
Speaker 1: It truly is. And I just have to say that when we first started talking about doing this topic, the word lithoto mean means like lithography, which makes me think of lithographic printing, and I had to wrap my head around this topic in an entirely different way in which I have done and I've learned so much. For example, from throwing bones and shells or to casting runs and even arrows. We've been looking into these tools like these that help with answers and clarity. For millennia people have been doing that. There's even a casting technique called mom which is a Tibetan divination method where balls of dough containing possible answers or options written on paper are mixed and one is selected. And it's said that this has even been used by the Dalai Lama from making decisions. Lithomantha has been practiced in various forms worldwide, from tossing pebbles into water to casting marked crystals on cloth. Doctor John Saint Germaine, in his book on Lithomancy, describes this divination tool as quote the art of interpreting the patterns and meanings of stones to reveal truths, guidance, and possibilities. Whether you're using ordinary river pebbles or luminous gemstones, the stones serve as mirrors reflecting the energies at play in your life. Now.
Speaker 2: While crystal gazing is perhaps more well known today, lithomancy has an equally rich, if slightly less documented history. Its roots stretch back to ancient civilizations across the globe, so as we've said, you can see it in ancient Greece, roam even ancient sumer with evidence suggesting that stones were chosen for theirmbolic resonance or physical qualities. There's a lot of historical accounts that mentioned the use of a white stone for yes and a blackstone for no in judicial divination. In ancient Persia, a form of lithomancy used twelve stones to represent the zodiac or the twelve months of the year, each stone's position offering insight into one's fate. And then we found this, which I thought was really interesting, in the Encyclopedia of Religion.
Speaker 1: It says the.
Speaker 2: Throwing of lots with the yes and no stones kept in the priest apron was accepted as a means of discerning the divine will. The priest apron was called an ephod and was mentioned several times in the Bible. Lithomancy is referenced in the Book of Exodus, chapter twenty eight, verse thirty, when Moses says to his brother Aaron, who also was a high priest, to keep the stones, which were called Urim and Thummin, on his breastplate, so they may be quote over AARONI heart whenever he enters the presence of the Lord. Thus Aaron will always bear the means of making decisions for the Israelites over his heart before the Lord.
Speaker 1: Would you not love to have seen that breastplate of the priests that we hear and read about in the Bible all over the place.
Speaker 2: Yes, and you hear. I've read in so many of my crystal books where they're like, this was one of the twelve crystals in the breastplate, And I'm like, how do you know that?
Speaker 1: I wonder that too. Melody actually writes a lot about that. She does. Yes, I don't know how they know that other than exactly this. It comes from having disinformation coming from biblical texts.
Speaker 2: For example, Yes, and I think melody says, it's from the descriptions of the stones that they've been able to discern or deduce. Oh, they must be talking about Emerald, or they must be talking about a jasper.
Speaker 1: It's fascinating. We don't know, we don't, but we do know. We can find other examples of lithomancy in the Bible as well. For example, in the Book of Proverbs, chapter eighteen, verse eighteen, it says to cast lots puts an end to disputes and decides between powerful contenders. In the Book of Jonah, after a ship's crew is talsed about after a storm, it's written, then the sailor said to each other, come let us cast lots to find out who is responsible for this calamity. European practitioners in the Middle Ages often use stones gathered from sacred sites, river beds, or crossroads, believing these locales imbued the stone with spiritual powers. Many ancient cultures believe that stones, being part of the earth, held memory and energy, a direct connection to the planet's consciousness. They were seen as miniature libraries of cosmic wisdom. I love that I think they still are, but I digress. In these times Lithomancy was often a secretive practice, woven into folk magic and passed discreetly through generations, especially among cunning folk and wise women. And I just have to say somethanth that this reminds me of my trip to stone Hinge and Cornwall and one of the things I wanted to do was to bring back a small piece of the same kind of stone that is connected to Stone Hinge and two kinds of stones actually, and I wanted to be able to do that. And if I'm remembering correctly, I brought you back a piece and Joe time.
Speaker 2: Yes, I have that need and desire to deb but it's not always a good need or desire. So as you know, I love to go to the beach and collect smooth stones. And I've had this idea of making my own set of runds, so I bought my drum all kit and I've been trying to practice. It's way harder than you would think, at least for me and my left handedness. But when I was in Europe with Michael on my honeymoon, I had this idea. I was like, Oh, if I find a small stone wherever we're visiting, I'm going to you know, collect it. And so if we're just walking down the street or in a park or what have you, and I saw a flat, smooth stone, I would pick it up. Well, then we go to Delo's Island, that four thousand year old island off of Mikino's, and we're on this really fascinating tour and the woman tour guide she says, do you see all those flat terra cotta like brown stones that you're walking over? These are four thousand year old stone shards and we're just not removing them. We're leaving them there for the tourist. Do you know what it took in me not to take one of those pieces?
Speaker 1: A lot? I would imagine a lot.
Speaker 2: And I kept looking down and Michael goes, no, don't even think I know what you're thinking. No, you cannot take a sacred stone.
Speaker 1: I didn't know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, but you know it is tempting. And I think what I like about the research that we did for this episode when it showed me it doesn't have to be a super seven stone. It doesn't have to be a sugar light, it doesn't have to be a Herkimer diamond. It can be stones that you have picked up as you're walking the beach or walking a beautiful wooded trail. It could be a stone from your driveway. It doesn't matter. It's all about what resonates for you with you.
Speaker 1: Absolutely true. I was talking to a group recently about what we value and why we value the items in our house, for example, and so they asked me, well, what rocks would you grab if your house was burning down? And my answer was so immediate, I thought, Wow, where did that come from? I have a necklace that has three stones on it. It has Oh I love what necklace. I love that necklace too, and it has on it a faddening clothed Clear Courts. It has a moonstone in a beautiful setting, and it has a metamorphosis Courts on it, and it does everything you needed to do. We don't really need any other rocks, really, yeah.
Speaker 2: I mean, you just have certain rocks that you just completely jive with. But if you do want to use crystals for lithomancy, there are some ones that throughout the years have been chosen, and of course one of these is clear Courts, which is my all time favorite stone. It's always been valued for its ability to amplify intention energy and clarity, and it's often used as the seer stone we know, like reading a crystal ball. And then there's amethyst, which has long been revered as a stone of intuition and spiritual insight. It's been linked with the prophetic arts in both ancient Greece but also in modern practices as well. Deb and I always call Amethys the all healer because it really does do so many things. Jasper is a great one to add to your lithomancy bag. It's favored for grounding and stability. This was a commonly included stone in the Medieval Ages for protection and decision making. Agit, which is great for balance and harmony, and in some ancient tradition, specific forms of agate, like the eye agots, were considered especially potent for warding off negative influences. You could also put jet or amber in your bag. In medieval Europe, these were often included for their connection to the afterlife and spirit communication. Carnelian is great because it incorporates courage, creativity, vitality, motivation, and it's often chosen for readings about personal power or overcoming obstacles. And then of course obsidian, which is used for revealing shadow work. It's known as the truth teller stone, so that would be a great one, But you do want to work on building your own set that really resonates for you, because some of these stones are going to mean different things for you, right, Like, personally, I don't look at Carnelian as a stone for overcoming obstacles. I know the book say that, and I'm sure that is something Carnelian does for me. It's always a stone about being your own cheerleader, learning how to give yourself that love that you're giving out to the world, and really breaking through some creativity blocks. So if a Carnelian showed up in a lithomancy reading for me, it would instantly be more about owning your creativity and your voice and your truth and really feeling comfortable standing in your own light. So you have to make this set your own based on what the stones mean to you.
Speaker 1: And that's really important because we're going to get questions from listeners going what kind of jasper, what color aged right? Right? And that's exactly the point. What works for you? What do you know? What is your intention for this set?
Speaker 2: I think a good place to start would be seven Stones and I always recommend seven stones to represent each of the seven chakras because then you'll know exactly root chakra is about family, grounding, protection, overcoming money worries, So any red, brown, or black stone could be in your bag to indicate that. And then the orange stone about vitality, creativity, fertility, sex issues, body image issues would represent that. Any yellowstone for courage. Third, you know, I don't want to go through all the chakras, but don't you think that's an easy place to start, especially if you know the chakras.
Speaker 1: Absolutely, and I cannot imagine not having a chakra set.
Speaker 2: It's great if you have a chakra set. You can use it for chakra balancings and clearings, you can use it in grid work, but you can also use it to do your very own crystal reading. But you do want to assign a word or an aspect to each of the stones. So for example, green aventurine can represent luck, rose quords for love, hematite for protection, amethyst to represent your spirit and your connection to spirit, citrine for success and abundance, angelite to represent help from guides and angels or pray nighte for health and healing. So those are just some examples.
Speaker 1: And ask these stones to be willing to do the work you ask them to do that they do naturally. So, for example, green aventine for luck. Well, when you find a piece of green aventterine that you're going to include, for example, in your seventh set, ask it to help you with finding luck and opportunity in your life. Spend some time with each of these stones. You know we're going to say meditate, right, Spend some time with each of these stones, really connecting with the intent of the stone and your intent in working with them.
Speaker 2: That's how you engage a relationship with your stones.
Speaker 1: It's right now.
Speaker 2: When you're starting out with lethamancy. You can decide if you want to pull your stones one at a time from a bag or if you want to toss them onto a cloth, so you have two options either way. You should have a designated cloth for your readings. If you don't have one, you can use a clean hand towel, but a designated cloth is a nice idea. It could be a scarf, it could be a printed cloth with a crystal grid pattern on it, or a simple circle is nice. That way, you know to read the stones that fall inside the circle as very relevant to your question, and the stones that fall out of the circle symbolize issues you might be ignoring or aren't relevant to the question. So I guess what we're trying to say is you can be very simplistic about this, pull three stones to represent past, present, future, or pull three stone owns to represent the problem, the obstacles and the outcome. Or you can get an elaborate cloth. I mean, just go on Etsy for example and type in this and you'll find all sorts of fantastic pre printed cloths that have the zodiac on them, that have just one circle, that have the directions northeast southwest. So it's up to you. And I think that's what's so nice about this type of divination tool is there are rules, but there aren't a lot of rules. It's really about learning to rely on your own intuition.
Speaker 1: So where the stones fall is super important. Where they fall in the cloth, It's not just about what stones fall, but how they fall. For example, proximity, which stones are close together, do they form clusters or patterns? Distance, what stones are far apart? Orientation Is a stone pointing towards another, is it face up or face down? And where is it? Is it inside the circle? Which fall outside the circle? Imagine you've asked this question, what guidance do I need regarding a difficult decision I'm facing at work. If a hematite representing protection or a warning falls prominently in the center of the circle, with a red stone near it and a smooth white stone just outside the circle, slightly separated, you can interpret this as you are currently facing a significant challenge at work, signified by the hematite and a need for protection. This situation requires immediate and perhaps assertive action represented by the red stone nearby, and the path to clarity and a new beginning, as symbolized by the white stone, is within reach, but it requires you to step outside of your current comfort zone or perspective with the meaning because the white stone is outside the circle. It's a beautiful dance between intuitive insight, symbolic meaning and the seemingly random placement of stones. And it's really important to remember that this is about you and your relationship with these stones. So you should consider creating a legend we call it, or a list of meanings for each of those stones and place it in the bag. That list in the bag about what they mean this way, you won't forget that you intend for the carnelia, for example, to represent creativity and support from friends, or for the labyridide if you put that in the bag to symbolize your connection to spirit and intuition. Yeah.
Speaker 2: I think that's important because sometimes we can forget did I mean for this one to be protection or warning? So if you wrape that down, it's going to be very, very helpful when you get into that meditative zone before you do your lithomancy. All right, So we want to talk about some exercises that you can try right now at home, but we're going to take a very quick break. We'll be right back.
Speaker 1: Hi, folks. If you've been waiting to register for my Unlocking the Mysteries of Tero course, now's the time. This course runs Tuesday's January thirteenth, twentieth, and twenty seventh on zoom and the details are on my website deboen dot com. In this course, you can begin your lifetime relationship with Tero. Here's some things you'll learn in this course. You'll learn how to work with the four Directions and four Elements as they relate to Tero's symbolism. You'll learn about color and numerology and how they impact your reading and information. You'll learn how to create and interpret a three card spread, and how to create and interpret a Celtic cross spread, and so much. There's lots of information on my website and lots of details deboen dot com. But you need to register well in advance of the January thirteenth start date, so I have time to communicate with you and send you course information. I so hope you'll join me. Thanks so much.
Speaker 2: Okay, welcome back. So let's talk about some crystal lithomancy exercises you can try. One thing you want to do is select your stones, So choose seven to ten stones or crystals, and make sure, as we said, each one represents a significant aspect of your life, like relationships, career, health, communication, and so forth. And then you want to prepare your casting surface, so as we suggested before, use a special.
Speaker 1: Cloth or a scarf.
Speaker 2: Some practitioners will draw boundary lines or divide the area into sect like past, present, future. Some people will draw a clock or a calendar on the cloth. If the question is time specific. And then you want to ask your question, focus clearly on the question you wish to explore and hold the stones in your hands to charge them with your intention. And then you cast the stones gently, toss the stones onto the surface and observe where each one lands. Look at which one's cluster together, which ones lie near the center, which ones fall outside the boundaries, and then interpret the pattern. So, if your love stone lands close to the health stone in the future sector, it might suggest a romantic connection impacting your well being in the times of ahead, or you might meet a doctor in the future. It's up to your intuition to determine that. If the success and abundant stone is isolated, perhaps finances are in whole or not central at this time. But here's the key. You know, Deb and I are always talking about journaling and creating your validation journal. You do want to record your insights. You want to keep a journal to track your results because this will help to not only refine your intuition over time, but it will help you make a deeper connection with your stones. Similar to the toureau when you start off and you pull a card and you got to look at the book or really look at the symbol because you're not really sure what that card means. After a couple of years those cards, you know exactly what they mean to you in readings because you've done them over and.
Speaker 1: Over, Samantha. Lithomancy isn't only about reading the future. It's also about manifesting change. Stones can be used to create grids for protection, carrying a wish stone for prosperity, or creating amulets with chosen crystals. For example, you might carry a tiger's eye for courage during interviews, or place rose quartz and a written wish under your pillow for a peaceful sleep. I use amethysts for that, but rose courts probably works will too.
Speaker 2: Amethyst is great for sleep issues, for sure, I think so.
Speaker 1: Two. So you can create a stone set. That is another way of looking at how you might put these rocks together. So gather thirteen stones. In doctor Saint Jermaine's book called Lithomancy, he recommends anointing each stone, set each stone in your set with essential oils, charging it in the sun or moon, and then telling each stone what its job is. I think you ought to ask, but in any case, for example, choose a white stone or a snowy quartz and tell it or ask it to show you when an answer to your question is yes. Take your rose quartz for example, and say, could you make your job about love and romance for me? So assign each stone a task to accomplish, for example. But again I use the word of sign in terms of requesting. So clear quarts for example for clarity, amethysts for intuition, rose quarts for love, sitttering for abundance, obsidian for protection or shadow work, Jasper for health, turquoise for communication, amber for past connections, jet for spiritual messages, Carnelian for action, hematite for grounding, agate for balance, and then a coin that's special to you for luck or good fortune.
Speaker 2: I want to add something in here, dub These are recommendations from Saint Germaine's book on lithomancy, and so we included these huge or just to point out how it's important for you to connect with the crystal in the way that makes sense to you. So for him, jasper represents health. For me, that's not true, it represents protection. Amethysts. I don't associate with intuition as much as I do spiritual connection. I associate lapis or labyorite or shadowkite with intuition for example. So again we're only giving you these descriptions as a way to say crystals can do a lot of things, but you do need to create a relationship with the stones in your bag and tell or ask them to do a specific job in a reading situation.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and what's going to happen, I imagine is that somebody who's going to listen to this list that I've just scrattled off from doctor Saint Jermaine, and they're going to say, well, can you write that downstre I know which one do you use? And do no? And that's really what's the maanthis say, is that here's just an exciting of how a stone might be available to you to do a certain task, but you need to build a relationship with that stone and ask it what task it will be willing to take on for you.
Speaker 2: Yes, exactly. Now, A really simple way to get to know the crystals in your lithomancy bag. Each morning, just draw one stone from your set and reflect on its meaning. Set an intention for your day. So you can either just choose a stone from your bag of crystals and reflect on it, or you can ask a question for the day, such as what should I be aware of today. If you pull your healthstone, then you know you should be extra careful while out and about and use your hand sanitizer. But if you pull your success stone, then you know you're heading into a day with good news, hopefully at work.
Speaker 1: Well, that's a great idea. I don't pull a stone in the morning, but I think that's a good idea. You could also do it what's called a simple three stone cast ritual. In the morning. You can take a white, black, and brown stone. The white for yes, the black for no, and the brownstone represents you ask your question. Then gently shake the three stones in your hands and toss them on your cloth. If the white stone is near the brown one, the answer is yes. Both the black and white stones are far away from the brownstone, it means maybe or not.
Speaker 2: Now that's a good one to do as well. And what I like about that simple exercise is sometimes what comes up in terms of your reaction is more instructive than the answer. So if you're asking a question and you get a no or maybe, it takes some time to really reflect on how that makes you feel and can you change that if you want it to be a yes? What action steps can you take. So sometimes the emotions that the result draws in you is just as important as the crystals you pull. Now, there's another method that he recommends in his book called the seven stone quick cast, and you can try this method when you have a specific question. So you select seven stones again with meetings assigned to them, and then toss them gently onto a casting cloth. Notice which land together apart or off the cloth, and make sure to look at not only proximity, but also direction northeast, south, and west. If it falls in the eastern direction, it can indicate springtime or a young person or new experiences. If it falls in the southern direction, that can indicate summer, adulthood, or a stable time. A westerly direction points to the fall season, an older person or old age, or experiences that are starting to end or slow down. And if a stone falls in the northern direction, this can indicate winter, an ending or death of a situation, or something that needs to take root and stay hidden. For now, I've done crystal castings. I've never taken into account the directions. I bet you have because you work more with the.
Speaker 1: Directions I do. I do think that's important. I mean, for example, when I put together a crystal grid for particular intent. One of the things in the grid construction under consideration is which stones go in which quadrant of the four directions or the four elements.
Speaker 2: I definitely do that too with crystal grids, but I never thought of taking it into account in terms of a reading. And I think that's interesting. And I'm wondering what you think about that, because sometimes deb I hear your voice inside of me, and I'm thinking, when you see springtime, is a part of you thinking well, whose spring? Because on the other side of the world right now it's summer and we're heading into winter.
Speaker 1: That's rights?
Speaker 2: Or do you look at the directions like it's from where I am right now?
Speaker 1: Depends on the question I'm asking. So if I'm asking a personal, very personal question, then I take into account where am I r at this minute, right, or where do I live? So I live in the Northern Hemisphere, so east is spring, right. But if I'm asking a question about universal energies or that sort of thing, I might take into consideration. Well, folks in the southern hemisphere might see this differently.
Speaker 2: Mm hm, okay, good distinction. Now, something else he recommends is to create your wish stone, And of course I love this idea. He says, you just choose a stone, any stone that resonates with you that represents your heart's desire. You cleanse it by placing it in sunlight or moonlight and hold it as you visualize your wish and then carry it with you, or you can keep it on your altar until your wish comes true. I think that's a lovely idea because it just reminds you that there are things that you have goals that you're working on, and then there's things you're wishing and hoping for that have a different energy where you're relying more on outside help, and it's nice to have a crystal help you to do.
Speaker 1: That absolutely now.
Speaker 2: He also recommends adding a coin or two to your set. You can cast them with your stones and see how their positions affect your reading. If a coin lands atop a stone, it could indicate a windfall or a lucky break in that area. So if you add a coin, it just represents good luck or extra help, and I think that's a nice thing to add to the reading.
Speaker 1: I do too, And if you've got a coin that's particularly important to you in some way, or for some reason, you might include it in that bag with the stones. For example, I have a buffalo head nickel from the year my mother was born, and it lives on a grid with a lot of other rocks and stuff. But if I were doing something like this, I might include throwing it in to see what Mama might have to say.
Speaker 2: Oh, that's a great idea, and you can also get a feng shui coin would be a good one to add to this. What do you think deb about the penny going away? Do you have any feelings about that?
Speaker 1: Well, yeah I do. I'm like pennies, you know, and you're gonna laugh at this. In my wallet, I keep a dollar's worth of change in case I need to. You know how, sometimes the cost of something is seven dollars and twenty six cents, and if you hand the person an extra penny, then you get three quarters back kind of thing. So I always keep four pennies in my wallet in case I need And I have this jar in my office that loose change. Extra change just goes into and every once in't a while I take it to the bank. And it occurred to me, I don't know whether the bank will take my pennies anymore.
Speaker 2: I don't think so. And the nickels the next to go. Oh dear, I know, And I just think about My kids have had this giant, giant jug for years and it's called their travel jar, and they collect change always and put it in the travel jar and then when we go on a trip, we would roll them or take them to the bank and that would be their spending money for the trip. And they just loved that. And I'm thinking, oh, our travel jar is going to have to well, I guess it could be quarters now. Just a sign of the times.
Speaker 1: It is a sign of a time. I need to actually go to my bank sometime soon and like really walk in the door kind of thing. And when I do that, I'm going to ask some about any situation, because I don't know what that's going to happen. Dune any other story.
Speaker 2: Another technique he talks about is the mystic cross. Do you want to tell people about that?
Speaker 1: Sure? Let me do that. So this is similar to the Celtic cross spread in to row. So you want to find five stones from your bag and lay them out in a cross formation. The center stone represents obstacles and current challenges. The stone to the right symbolizes future events. The stone to the left represents the past or situations that are moving out of your energy field. The stone below represents the current issue you're facing, and the stone at the top represents ideas or solutions. This is somewhat different in meaning than the Celtic cross inter row, but the idea of using five stones is a great idea to help you sort through looking at a situation or a question from several different perspectives. I just have to say here. There is a verse in the Bible that says, and David took five smooth stones and went against Goliath.
Speaker 2: Oh that's right.
Speaker 1: You think you didn't.
Speaker 2: Miss it crossbread first.
Speaker 1: I bet he didn't. So you might use these five stones as a way of saying, Okay, here's the situation, here's here's kind of the sinner. That's the obstacles of the question that I'm asking, and then those four stones around it help you look at potential answers from different perspectives.
Speaker 2: Another thing you can do is called a chakra stone reading. So that's where you take your seven crystals representing the seven chakras, and then you want to add in a blackstone like obsidian, because it's great at absorbing negativity and it's wonderful for showing you a no. And then a white stone like snowy quartz that can show you a yes. Shake the bag gently while focusing on your chakras, and then pour the stones out onto the cloth. Look at where the white and black stones have fallen. If the white stone, for example, is near the light bluestone, say a blue lay zagat, this means your throat chakra needs to be energized and worked on. If the blackstone falls near the jasper for your root chakra, then this means the root chakra needs to be discharged and rebalanced. So remember lithomancy is deeply personal. Your connection to the stones, your intuition in your personal symbolism are paramount, so you want to make this chakra reading your own. But generally, what this one is suggesting is that if the white stone falls near a chakra stone, it means that one is closed and needs to be open and worked on and expanded. And if a black stone falls near one of the chakra stones, it means that chakra is too inflamed, too open, and you need to discharge some energy. So that's a really great way to start working with your own chakras. But again, there's no single right way to do it. The beauty lies in developing your own dialogue, so there's different ways. You can also determine and interpret some of the stone casting clusters, for example, kind of reinforce the meeting. So if a bunch of stones are falling together, that can mean everyone's working together, or this is a really big situation you need to focus on. You also want to look at distance from your stone or the center. So what we mean by that is people do it differently. You can either just generally state to yourself that the center of the cloth represents the questioner, or you can put a stone into the bag to represent the questioner. Some to Rod readers do that, don't they They pull out an identify your card.
Speaker 1: They do. In fact, that's one of the things that Eden Gray suggests. I don't do that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I've never done that either, because I feel like, what if that card needs to be in there as part of the reading.
Speaker 1: But me too, That's exactly what I tell my students.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but you know, to each zone and then you want to look at do some of the stones fall on opposite sides, and that can represent conflict or tension. And then of course there's empty sectors, which represents silence or lack of influence. And again that's similar to Tourou because you always want to look at what suits, what numbers, what are the predominant colors on the Tourou board, But you also want to make a note of what suits aren't on this board, what colors aren't there, what numbers aren't there, and that can be incorporated into your interpretation as well.
Speaker 1: That's true and in addition to Touau, and I absolutely agree with you on that. But think about your astrology chart. Sometimes there are sectors of your astrology chart that are empty.
Speaker 2: That's a good point. And then there's of course boundary interactions. So if you do want to have a square with the four directions or circle something that represents a boundary, you do want to look at the stones that fall outside of that and include that interpretation into your reading. In general, time you can tell time in a couple of different ways. Generally with lithomanc, left side of your casting cloth represents the past, the center represents the present, and the right side represents the future. But there are people who will actually take a cloth or a piece of paper and draw a calendar on there and toss the stones on to see what month it falls onto. So there's different ways you can work with the crystals. If your question is time sensitive.
Speaker 1: You can do that. But also keep in mind that universal time is different than human time, and so when we think of the past, trust what bubbles up? I mean, does this mean past as in yesterday or past us in twenty years ago? But remember that there are lots of ways of interpreting that language at your past, present in future.
Speaker 2: Yes, exactly. So which of these do you think you would try first?
Speaker 1: Oh? Golly, you know something of that? I think maybe the whole notion of doing the chapper stone reading would be interesting to me, Because I already got a chaper set. The stones have been asked to do certain tasks. It would be interesting to see what would happen if I cast them onto a clock to see what the answer to a particular question would be. So I think I would probably try that first.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I agree, And I just want to add one more suggestion. If you prefer pulling a stone one at a time from the bag, I would recommend in that case, you try to get stones that are all tumbled or all raw, or all the same roughly shape and size, so that subconsciously you're not your hand in the bag and you're like, oh that yes stone is kind of big and has that thing, and you're like subconsciously reaching for it.
Speaker 1: Do you know what I mean? Yeah, exactly.
Speaker 2: But if you're going to use your stones predominantly to just cast them, then I don't think it matters if they're all the same size and shape.
Speaker 1: Well, this has been an interesting and unique topic this week, Samantha. Well good.
Speaker 2: I'm glad you enjoyed it.
Speaker 1: We hope that you've found it interesting too, and we appreciate you tuning in with us every week. Bless you all so much.
Speaker 2: In the meantime, we hope you have a fun week playing with your crystal friends. Remember, as always, to be the light for yourself and others.
Speaker 1: Take care everyone.
Speaker 2: Thank you for listening to Psychic Teachers, your podcast for seekers, light workers, mystics, and magical thinkers. If you like the show, please tell a friend or leave us a review wherever you listen to your podcast. For more information, check out our Facebook page Psychic Teachers or our website. It's Samantha Fay dot com and Deb Bowen dot com. Thanks for listening and have a great week.