Speaker 1: We got a lot to talk about spring practice updates here on the Sooner or Later Sports show. Man, it's gonna be some fun. Of course, that is a coop. I'm jay. Thanks for pulling up here on the YouTube channel and listening wherever podcasts are download and listen to while you're here. Please wipe your feet like subscribe, rate review and then give us five stars. I don't think we deserve it, go ahead and give us five anyway and gifted. So on this pre uh Saint Patrick's Day slash Saint Patrick's Day weekend and episode got a lot of fun stuff talk about, like the Sooners made the NCAA tournament. Even though we don't talk coops, we're gonna talk a little bit of basketball. We got to talk practice updates because there's been a lot of stuff coming down the line, especially on offense and on defense. So coop Happy Sunday, my man, how's it going?
Speaker 2: Hey Flancho Darreon, go Bram Happy Saint Patti's to all my uh my honorary Irish people, uh you know it is tomorrow played a Little Saint Patti's on Friday Nights here and then played the Little Saint Patti's yesterday and so I'm gonna take a hiatus now, I name Minna.
Speaker 1: Well you have to yeah you are you are you like preserving the liver for something.
Speaker 3: I mean, I'm drinking again us right now.
Speaker 1: So here fair point.
Speaker 2: Proactive, retroactive, Yes, nitro coffee and yes, that's it's it's pretty dope.
Speaker 3: But no, man, this is this is this is good.
Speaker 2: We you and I have not This is the first time that I can say this, Jasince.
Speaker 3: We've been doing this podcast. We're in the NCAA tournament.
Speaker 1: We are like this is the first time. Shout out to the graphics folks over at Locked on Podcast Network making one for Locked On Sooners. Me and John will definitely talk about this heavily on tomorrow's episode, so feel free to tune in there, go find us on YouTube as well as whether podcast or download and listen to. But me and Coop had to jump on it first because it just got announced literally like thirty minutes before we went live. I actually's probably listen that probably less than that, probably twenty minutes. But a shout out to Portamosa. Shout out to the Sooners. Bruh, they're actually gonna be playing an attorney, I can root for them this year. For the first time in like five years.
Speaker 3: We can have tournament teams.
Speaker 1: Man, Hey, it's and.
Speaker 2: To be honest with you, I think that it's really kind of crazy, Jay, Like this team seems to kind of be playing better. Yeah, and so you know, though, we get Yukon, the two time defending national champions in round one, so they've done this before.
Speaker 3: They did not.
Speaker 2: Have a phenomenal year this year. But yeah, I mean I gotta think that. Uh, you know, we we said it a couple of nights ago with the Texas win. You know, that was the uh that was the kind of the we're in type of situation.
Speaker 3: And then.
Speaker 2: You know, you go down and you play a hell of a game in the tournament, you lose to Kentucky, And let's just be honest, that was a that was a game that if we would have won, I'd have been stoked, would have been excited. Yeah, I don't think we had any business winning that game, but we still did.
Speaker 3: And so man, I'm kind of excited about this.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 2: I just feel that, you know, it's good for some of these kids who've been here. Uh, you know, Jayalen Moore. You got him with an opportunity to go play in the tournament. Fears is most likely on his way to the NBA, and so he gets to show and I and I'll say, this is when you've got a player who can take over a game, you have a team for the tournament. And uh, I and I think that that's uh, you know, the the tournament's always been a guard driven game, and so with Fears, if he is on, you're you know, this is a dangerous team. If he's not, then it's it's just a quality win for somebody. And so I think, oh, it's gonna say. I was just gonna say, it's like this team will be a tough out. I really do believe this team will be a tough out just because of how guard.
Speaker 3: Center it is during the tournament.
Speaker 1: You know, you don't have to.
Speaker 3: Stretch into the depth. Uh A lot more teams, Am I gone?
Speaker 1: No, No, you're good. You're kind of a little little watery, underwater ish, But no, to go with that at to that real quick, You're right, this this team is gonna be really tough to get out. The SEC has fourteen teams in the tournament, which is ridiculous. Obviously shows you how tough and the caliber of talent that there is an sec of teams and players. And you're right, Coop. The NCAA tournament is very heavy on usually star power, that one player that can carry you so far. I remember, you know the last one that really did it, Carmelo Anthony carried Sarahcuse to a title as a true freshman. You don't get very many that can actually do that and go into end. They usually fall short right around the sweet sixteen elite eight area unless you're just a truly elite talent. And as you mentioned, Jeremiah Fears has an opportunity to show the NBA and everybody that he is an elite bucket getter and he's one of those guys that can put a team on his back and take them as far as possible. The deeper he goes into this tournament, the farther up, he flies on the lottery conversation.
Speaker 3: Very much.
Speaker 2: And you know, there are a lot of people are gonna look at it. I mean, the kid is, you know, young, and he looks young, and and here's gonna here's what's gonna happen, is you're gonna hear the narrative is going to be around SEC. Should they have gotten fourteen teams in the tournament. That's uh, I mean that that's a record, right, And so you're going to see a.
Speaker 3: Lot of people.
Speaker 2: So the first SEC team that goes down, you're gonna start hearing the talk about that.
Speaker 3: But you know, there's not really.
Speaker 2: You know, there's not really a lot of teams around the country that I think can do a lot of damage. Unfortunately, you know, as far as like winning the whole thing that come from like outside the SEC. You know, I gotta think that You've gotta think Auburn, Alabama or both.
Speaker 3: Big big tickets. A lot of people say.
Speaker 2: Houston, Uh, Patinos squad up there at Saint John's is one that's uh. That that you know is one that people are are kind of selecting early. So it's this is the fun part fun staff for you, Jay that during the Masters, during the Masters and during the NCAA tournament.
Speaker 3: I look the stet up.
Speaker 2: It's been a few years, so I don't I mean, obviously it's probably gonna be able to higher now, but the mobile phone usage during the Masters and during NCAA tournament is up like almost five thousand. Really, that's because everybody's checking the breasts on their phone. Everybody's checking the tournament scores. They're looking at that thing by the same thing with you know, the Masters tournament. You know, we've all been part of a bracket to where uh, you know, Karen from Accounting picks out the winning team based off the mascots.
Speaker 3: And I you know, I've never won a bracket.
Speaker 2: I've I've been in the you know, the final guys, you know, a couple of times. But this is this is an exciting time and so instead of us just leaning on, hey we got X amount of months until football, we can we can talk some Sooners basketball, you know, finally and hopefully for a couple of weeks.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, exactly that I've done. It's been a couple of years and I've done a bracket. As y'all know, annual trip for me and my guys. We're in Vegas. We fly out Wednesday, and we'll be watching games Thursday, Friday, Saturday, you know, getting some beverages, stumbling around on the strip, but we'll be watching a lot of college basketball. And that's why usually get my bets in, get my gambling in. But yes, that is definitely the time one is. Vegas is busiest week and it's also one of those where there's definitely a lot of phones being refreshed, but for us as people losing their minds about winning their bets. So I'm pretty darn excited about getting down there, getting over there and watching all of this games and the women. Of course, we knew they were gonna get a top seed. They got a three seed, thanks in for that. They will be hosting games here at at at Lloyd Noble, So if you're in town, please go support the women as they're gonna be hosting a regional and that should lead them all the way into the least with the sixteen, where they'll be able to travel off and make some magic happen. But this is the first time that Portamoser has gotten the opportunity to dance. He's been here. This is fourth year. Fascinating statistic too, Koop. Last year the team went twenty and twelve and did not make the turney. This year the team went twenty and thirteen and got a nine seed, which, honestly, I'm gonna be keeping a buck. They got bambooz hoodwinked. Let us straight run them up and flat out the seed. Last year they should have been in over some of those teams in the bracket because they had so many great quad won ws. They finally got rewarded for that. So shout out to the Sooners men and women's basketball team. Knew the women we're gonna go weren't concerned about them. The men finally got in and we can definitely talk some ball on that. But thank you out for pulling up. Hit the like button. If you new to the chance, subscribe, rate us, review us, give us five stars. Make sure you wipe your feet, Coop. I don't know if you knew this or realize this. There is a lot of chatter around spring practice, like a lot you say, so everywhere you turn, somebody said something. If you haven't watched the Okay Breakdown with Gabe and Teddy, please go check that out. Both of them have been to practice of the last two weeks and both have a lot of things to say. Make sure you check the last couple of episodes out. They're on spring break just like we are, so they're enjoying some time quote unquote off, but they had episodes loaded. I gotta finish it because I need to listen to the Bill Conley portion of it. I've been hitting a Bill like crazy to get the come on to the show, and he has yet to respond to me. Unfortunately, haven't got the clout yet. We'll get there. But anyway, Coop spring practice has gotten a lot of folks attention. The conversation has really been talked about on both sides of the ball, and we knew that we needed a huge spring practice in order to make a move the s SEC. You know, get outside of winning only two SEC games, we need to move up to winning all of our SEC games. Only when it's gonna happen, you see improvement start on the defensive side of the ball. I think probably no, you know what, no, No, defense is good. Defense was good last year. We know defen it's gonna be good this year. And we'll explain why start with the offense. How do you feeling about Jeometerier based upon what you're hearing and all the rumbles.
Speaker 2: So fun fact is Brent Venables was probably posed with the hey, do you think we should maybe let the offense, you know, really walk out there and kind of catch some confidence and get out there and you know, feel like they've got some success before we really send the whole defense after them. And I would guarantee you that Brent Vinaile said, no, not interested, not interesting. You guys handle that side. I'll handle my side and will go. And so it sounds like they have been mixing matching, throwing a lot of stuff, you know, with the experienced side of the ball at the less experience side of the ball. And there's been times where the offense is winning a lot, and there's been times where the defense is winning a lot. You know, it's Jay We made a comment that we're not going to buy into the overhyping of individuals early in the season, and you know, kind of wait until August. And if you're one of those people, you're not wrong. If you are waiting till August to see, you know, what the success factor could look like, you're not wrong. But it does sound like John Materi is getting getting his along with the offense side of the ball. Hearing some really really cool things about chemistry he's building with a couple of wide receivers. You know, it sounds like they've been pretty scratched on the running game, so it's been pretty much Materier out there. You know, teaching and showing what he can do, and it sounds like he gets the ball out very, very very quickly, makes decisions quick, which is all you really want. You want the offense to give us a chance to win the game and to not put us, you know as us as in the defense in a bad spot. So sounds like Je Materier is who we all thought he was.
Speaker 1: Let's lean in on that. I'm hearing the exact same thing from other sources outside of I know who you're hearing about. We're not here to just sunshine pump you like everyone likes to quote unquote complain and say that we're doing. But I'm not gonna sit here and lie to you and say, oh no, we suck and we're gonna be terrible next year, because that's not what I believe. Neither does Coop. We're evaluated based upon what makes sense. And I think the one thing that you just stated that I've heard similarly that now puts a smile on your boy's face is we're hearing a balance of who's winning these battles. Defense is winning some bad battles, the offenses winning some battles, the defensive secondaries breaking up some passes, the offenses making some ridiculous catches and coverage, or they're getting themselves wide open and making some catches. Most of the schematics is still vanilla because they're still teaching the offense the plays. Remember, as Coop mentioned, Johnmetier is the only one that really knows his offense. I've been our buckle because they didn't bring anybody else in from Washington State, So we got two dues that know the offense and they're teaching it. The good thing is that offenses are a heck of a lot easier to teach to the masses than a complex defense like Brent Ventables. So we all knew the first year that bb got here there were struggles on the defense side of the box. Everybody's trying to figure out when to move here, when the motion there, when it looked like you're gonna blitz, when the show, when to pull back and then go. There are so many more nuances to what BV does, and that's why his defenses are typically considered good because of the complexities makes it tough on other posing quarterbacks. But for most of your offenses, the wide receivers to understand their routes win the block and how to go and it's all on the skill set of your skills, guys. So just like Coop, just like you said, I've been hearing the exact same thing. I've been hearing that John Mattier has been not only hitting some beautiful passes, that the dude is very decisive. And this is what Gabe was talking about. Okay, breakdown again, go check them out. They got a great breakdown on everything there. But this is what they said. Matier makes his looks one two, maybe three, and he tucks he's gone. He understand he's watching the offensive line open up. But as Brent Vinables does what he does by throwing the kitchen sink at this kid, he's finding the spots that make sense and he's taking advantage of what he can and he's taking his losses quickly. But he's also going one two booming. He's either out or the balls out of his hands. Cool ball getting out of a quarterback's hands quickly like that. That's huge for what we're trying to do. That's huge for playing in the SEC because even though we got rid of the ball pretty quick or we actually had, our rating was really good when it came to pocket time, like our time to throw. We had a very high time to throw in the SEC. So I know everybody likes to bag on the offensive line, but the Pro Football Focus calculates that, and that's one of the calculations I like to leverage. We had time. It was just decision making and just getting open. Materi is a dude that's gonna throw dudes open. Gabe mentioned that there was like a back corner fade caught by Jovanni Gibson. Let's go ahead and transition over there to that skills position wide receiver. I'm hearing three names right now. Cool, it's three names at the wide receiver spot that's jumping out. Everybody's like, yup, you better watch Jeovanni Gibson, Zion Kurding, now isaiahs attain you. Those three names right now, in three different ways are being preached about. And if we need to go younger, Elijah Thomas is probably going to be somebody nasty cool who you're hearing out there.
Speaker 3: Yep, those names are are what we're doing.
Speaker 2: And uh, you know again you walk off walk out in the practice field and both of the guys both said they looked and they saw Jeovanni Gibson and they said, oh, that's that's it right there. And now like Kyle, you know, talking about repping the three three seven that Southern Louisiana. You know it it the guy looks the part and he's developing a chemistry with Matier.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 2: I think somebody had made a comment about, you know, the talent upgrade that he's going to have around him this year, and it's legit.
Speaker 3: You know. That's the one of the things. One of the issues we.
Speaker 2: Had last year was the quarterback knowing where to go with the ball? What was the plan? Did you have a plan? Did we have an identity? We talked about it early in the year, you know, even against the non con against Tennessee. What is your identity? What are you going to lean into? Like who is this team? And we'd never we never saw it all year long. We the our identity was our inconsistency and injuries. That's that's what the team was identified with last year when it came to the offensive side of the ball, and with Matier doing the things that he's doing. And again, this is a guy who got sacked was it in the forties?
Speaker 3: Last year?
Speaker 2: Like forty times last year, so he knows how to operate, you know, when some things are crumbling around him and he can get out there, He's going to want to extend the plays. You know, He's going to take hits much much more difficult and harder hits this year than he did last year, you know, while you're playing in the SEC. So he's going to need to be decisive about these things. Get the ball out, you know, if your read's not there and you need to take go for it. And that's that's the thing that gets me excited about it is if you got these wide receivers, these new guys who weren't here last year to to you know, I guess struggle through a lot of that. Outside of Zion Kearney, you know, you've got Gibson and you've got Satania, who are you know, absolutely finding a rhythm inside this offense. These guys just want to come and give be given an opportunity to go to the next level. And so they're going to they're going to say, what what do I need to do to help us with this connection? And so, uh it sounds great because again Kearnie, he is at six you know, high six one sixty two type of a guy. You know, Isaac Goodness gracious, Uh Gibson is Elijah Thomas is a smaller guy.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 2: So you know, you've got a lot of different body types. Satanna is a guy who is a very very quick get the ball to him, let him run and do some things. Uh, you know, a big returner. And so yeah, I mean, I'm excited to hear about these skill positions. And we really haven't I guess, incorporated the running backs with much yet because Gabe was saying, they're running, you know, just real bas up run concepts and they're not throwing a lot of stuff out there. So that sounds like this this defense has said, hey, listen, we want a comparable offense to join us this year and we want you to be ready.
Speaker 3: And so it's good.
Speaker 2: And again you're you're playing against one of the better defenses in the SEC, and you're you're taking your lumps. Now you're you're learning, and it's it's it's really getting some great stuff. You know, you're going to see a lot of the people who had to play last year, which probably shouldn't have that's going to turn into a benefit for us this year.
Speaker 1: Yeah, That's exactly what we're looking for, is having a strong wide receiver room. We mixed with veterans and young players. And it's funny because I actually heard somebody say this about NFL guys very recently. They were they were saying that you don't want a team with a bunch of young wire receivers because it's really hard on them to try to figure out how to get you know, things going for not only themselves, but make sure they're in the right spots and all of that. You need veterans and everything. I said the same thing about college. Ain't no different there. You gotta have good you gotta have good veteran wide receiver play to go around with young wide receiver play. This just uh what.
Speaker 3: This's just in.
Speaker 2: We got a little little breaking news, do you you see? So it looks like Jonathan Hatton's going to be making his recommitment to a team on March twenty second, So a week from yesterday.
Speaker 1: And you're making my decision on March twenty second, it's time. How do we feel about that?
Speaker 3: Well? I feel retty good about that. I feel pretty good about that.
Speaker 2: This is got to be one that's uh, you know, with this with the commitment, the you know, once you're committed, you don't go visit. Hatton felt like he wanted to go visit some things. He still loved DeMarco Murray and he still loves Oklahoma, and he wanted to go take a look at some new stuff and you know, not go against you know, Brent Vnable's you know, no visit policy. And I mean, I would say this, I would say this. This news makes me pretty confident that we're going to see Jonathan Hatton recommit to those sooners.
Speaker 1: I would love for Jonathan Haddon to recommit to Oklahoma. He is the running back on one of that class. Huge. He's legitimate six' one to almost two twenty at his, size he's a big big back and he's. STRONG i would like. That and it's funny, because like you, said he wanted to go look around and it was mainly because of the uncertainty Around DeMarco. Murray everybody has been trying to approach him for a few years because he's a, really really good. Recruiter still trying to make sure that his development's, there but he's a really good. Recruiter He Jonathan hatten retweeted The DeMarco murray graphic From oh you inside Of Sandy. Stag so that tells you everything you need to.
Speaker 3: Know there you. Go so some good, news good.
Speaker 2: News thank you, GUYS i thank you for sharing that out and letting us know about.
Speaker 1: That, yeah thank, You toe for you always are the goat when it comes to. That you And stevie always hot on The twitter expert. Streets and yeah WE i, mean we've got to still got the long list of people that visit it from the future freak still on the. Discord same thing with The june. Visits we're building that list now and we'll talk about that closer to those visit. Times but, anyway back to a gushing about The, OH i want to preface this right. Now let me go ahead and put this out here in the streets for. Y'all this is not me saying that people are being told to. Leave But i'm telling you there is a very big time possibility that there's gonna be some. Players it's gonna. Bounce it's on offensive. LINE i say that because on The oklahoma breakdown, again go listen To gabe And teddy give you their full. Details But gabe was gushing so hard THAT i felt the sweat coming through my phone WHILE i was. DRIVING i went got out and enjoyed the, weather BUT i could feel every single pore of his just gushing stuff Off my phone was. DIRTY i was trying to figure out what the heck was going. On it was because of gay but, Anyway gabe was gushing like crazy About Ryan Foget Michael, vasousi and he said this in the simplest, terms best money spent. Possible, yeah both of them look like they're about ready. Now the thing he did warn about them is they need to get, stronger they need to get college football.
Speaker 3: Strong but, overall he.
Speaker 1: Says they're just about. Raid do not be surprised if you see them. Early and that's WHY i said WHAT i. SAID i preferce at the beginning because if those two end up taking some, spots dudes are gonna have to hit the. Portal SO i don't know very many players are gonna want to have to sit behind them because they could probably start other, schools but they're not going to be able to start over those. Two, coop what you're, thinking.
Speaker 3: This is where we wanted to.
Speaker 2: Be this is if you want to play Big, boy if you play big boy, football then this is going to be. It and you, know for for a couple of, Years, Jay i've been, saying you're getting to the spots where when people leave in the transfer, portal it's going to be guys that you don't want to see leave the. Program, uh it's going to be a situation to where you're gonna have you, know The crimson missile leave and go back. Home and that's a guy THAT i did not want to see. Leave but there's there's relationships that you build with some of these these, players and the coaching staff's job is to recruit somebody better than.
Speaker 3: Them that is every single.
Speaker 2: Year and if you go to a big program and you think that you're gonna get your you, know your spot as soon as you commit and then you know they will replace you in four, years that's not how this thing works. Anymore and so, yeah you're going to see some guys that are that that are going to come in now and they're just physically that much. Different they just have the it. Factor gabe made a comment On Foe jay that he looks like an sec ready you, know offensive card right, now that he looks like he's ready to go you, Know fasusi is a guy who it just they're you, know both those guys taking some first team snaps, too getting some mix in with.
Speaker 3: That so what does that look?
Speaker 2: Like you, know do we want to because there's a balance right, There, jay isn't it like a super super, phenomenal you, know talented freshman and then THE. Sec so you've seen, guys you know On alabama come, in five, star big time, tackles go put the work in from the get go and struggle and you, KNOW i know That i've pointed out, Guys oh look at that. Guy he's struggling a little. Bit you, know five star. Guy they're going to struggle in THE. Sec you're not going to come in as an offensive lineman and go play in THE sec and be a three, four five star and not struggle because you're playing against mutants across from. You every you, know in high, school they may see a guy like they're going to see in THE sec maybe once throughout the whole, year maybe, twice you, know depending on where they play. Ball and now it's like you're playing a guy who was that was the best you, know defensive lineman that you, played and he's probably a, backup and so you're going to see some of these things where there's going to be that that that confusion of do you do you put A fassusi in and let him take some lumps early in the, season you, know do you see him against A michigan and see what he can do against A d one? Athlete and you, know it's just like we saw this past year when with great, talent you're going to see great plays and you're going to see some oh no plays like what what what happened right? There we all remember being h you know been Uh Logan HOLLAND i want to Say Ben, helen that's a, golfer but you remember him last. Year you, know he went from that guy probably should not play for this team ever again to you, know one of our best productive offensive, linemen you, know the last couple of games of the.
Speaker 3: Season So i'm excited About i'm excited.
Speaker 2: That you, know the money was well, spent because that's always a fear one of these guys is going to come in and they're just not going to pick it, up you, know or like maybe like A Jackson, arnold it just doesn't ever look like what you expected it to.
Speaker 3: Look like, so.
Speaker 2: But BUT i do want to touch on it because you do have guys from last, year H e P. L, GUYS i would say this IS. E P l is a, phenomenal phenomenal, athlete and he is running first reps with you, know at left, guard and he is getting out there and starting to show some of the stuff that.
Speaker 3: He can do.
Speaker 2: Too this is gonna be a it's gonna be a, young young offensive line And, JAY i think That gabe said it this this, this this team is gonna go about as far as the offensive line can take.
Speaker 1: Us AND i think the offensive line will do do be just fine this. Year when you have a quarterback that's very. Decisive remember AGAIN i pointed this out when we started the show that we were one of the top teams in the in THE sec in times per past and in time for the. Past so we had like three seconds in a lot of. Situations and the thing it's like two point eight or something like. That i'll find the final, number but we had. Time it's all about decision making and making a decision and actually executing on that decision and we did. It so for a reference for you, all and his question in, Here zias, ads will it, is will will be be play them Though yes And gay pointed it, Out Bill beatbow does not care if you're a true freshman or your red shirt senior with uh as a super. Senior he didn't. Care he cares about who knows the offense and who's executing the plays by knowing the. Offense if you're the player you're thinking about isn't, playing it's probably because they don't know the offense very. Well they're missing assignments when it comes to the play. Call that is literally All bill Beaton bow looks. For he doesn't care about your. Nil he doesn't care about who you. Are he didn't care about your friend's, family. Whatever he doesn't. Care if you know the plays and you're the one executing in, practice he's playing. You hence why you saw so many configurations as he was trying to find one that not only, worked but one that was actually. Healthy bill Beating bow don't. Care but for, Reference Ryan foje came in here sixty five three hundred and twenty four, Pounds Michael fasusi came in at sixty five three oh. Two they're already big boys offensive line. Wise we already have let me get the number, here it's not WHAT i. Want we've got sixteen offensive linemen on our team over three hundred pounds. Sixteen well, know the average weight that we have coop on an average line three hundred and sixteen, pounds.
Speaker 2: Which is what you have to have because you cannot be two ninety eight looking across the line at a three hundred and forty pounds defensive tackle whose only job is to run your butt over and and to put you, know put you into the quarterback's. Lap and we saw. That we saw that, happen you, know several times last, year whether from the center or from the guard. Position, uh and you blow that up, immediately and that pocket looks. Different we saw it what we did to some of the teams early in the year last. Year they were blowing the inside of the pocket out and the quarterback could not step. Up and so you, know if if that's, us we want Jaw matier to be able to step up in the, pocket you know when he needs that. Opportunity and so you've got to be, bigger you gotta be. Stronger you got to be able to go face to face with the the you know that the freaks of the sec defensive. Lines this is something that we've known since since our boys down AT a AND m broke the story THAT ou And texas were on our way to THE. Sec it was all, right, well we gotta we got a lot of work to do on the on The. Lions and you've seen it on the defensive, side and now you're starting to see it on the offensive.
Speaker 3: Side.
Speaker 1: Yep that's the good. Thing is, like so this is my offensive line, configuration and this is HOW i think things will probably end up. Going your left tackle is gonna Be Jacob, sexton left guard is gonna Be Eddie, Pierre Luis, Senter Troy, everett who is the leader of your offensive, line and he's one of your, better more consistent. Dude he's a great example of. Development he came in undersized From Appalastian. State he looked, good but got him out there at. Guard and this actually answers your. Question here's ayas that he he Was, okay we get to The texas game and he was getting abused by those big boys somebody else that knew the playbook Time kate And. Green so what Happened bill beating both swapped him. Out you already Had Andrew raymond as, center so you didn't couldn't Put Troy everett, there so he had him at. Guard he did well up into that, game pulled, him put In kate And green as a true, freshman And kate And green started for the rest of the. Season Troy everett gets hurt and in the spring comes back What tennessee, Right we got To tennessee Against auburn and becomes your your best offensive lineman graded perfect development and he's up three oh eight because he was in the two eighties when he was playing guard when we first and our last year in The big, twelve which is it's acceptable in The big. Twelve we can't do that in THE. Sec but he's three o eight now and he's leading it at the center. Spot he was pushing people around like he was not your. Problem your problem wasn't coming up the. Middle your problem was around the, edges especially around guards as people was. Learning but you got. That so you Got Troy evertt in the. Middle If beach you way woos your right guard for, me still you're two Under bill Beaten bow usually always shows some some big jumps and he's at three twenty three right tackle to me is probably gonna be the Transfer Derek, Simmons Oh i'm hearing is he's country. Strong, yeah ladies and, gentlemen country. Strong he's country.
Speaker 2: Strong and you know you still Have Jacob taylor who is still on this team and does not want to be, wasted so he's continue to push, Also but it's gonna be if you want playing time For bill beat And, bow he has to know what you're gonna go out there and give, him and you cannot mix. In you, know this is with a functional offensive, line So i'm.
Speaker 3: Kind of throwing last year.
Speaker 2: Out but he wants to know that when you go out, there you're gonna do what you've been trained to Do, Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, friday, yep and make that. Happen you're going to need to do that because if you do, not then you're not going to. PLAY i, mean if we all remember Say Beyond, Bird Say Beyond bird was a guy who you either saw him on the field.
Speaker 3: Or getting yelled at By bill.
Speaker 2: Bidenbow and you want to be able to make sure that you know you're not going to get to quarterback. Killed you're not going to get a quarterback. Hurt that's the last thing they want to do, is you, know harken back to the Old Varsity blues When Billy, bob you, know let's let's the guy through and passes out And lance gets his acl torn and you don't want. That, SO i mean it is an, absolute you, know an absolute crucial thing That Bill beingbo could trust you when you're going out. There and and so you're going to see some different. Variations you, know you don't get four or five weeks to figure this. Out like we Have michigan coming to town week, two and they need to, know they need to know what that offensive line is going to. Be because Though michigan lost a ton on, defense you, know two first round defensive linemen are, gone they have some other studs and they have some other dudes that are going to be a, good you know a good challenge for this. Team so you're gonna have to be able to have the same you, know pretty much ironed out on week one what's going to. Happen but, again don't don't be don't be surprised if you start seeing you, know some more Fox ja and some More fasusi getting folded in. There you, know maybe different Spots i'm not sure how that's gonna work out, yet but you know they they want the best five out, there and whoever that is is going to be out.
Speaker 1: There, yeah and that's all that. Matters Bill beebal is gonna make sure that we're playing the best ones. Possible and so early reports Are Dereck simmons's is country strong come some cy repeating that because he's out, here he's put he's pushed people around because country, Strong and back to What coop said at the, beginning the offense is winning, some the defense is winning. Some running back room is a very mixed. Bag and this IS i want you to understand this. Component and don't take this as me telling you as a predictor of what's gonna. Happen but What i've seen in from the social media post from the insiders is and we'll talk About Heathos eida just a, Minute, jenna thank you for making mention of. Him is running back. Room Gavin salchuk And Sam franklin are running more so with your ones Most Xavier robinson is running a little bit with your two's with With Tory, blaylock twos and. Threes they're rotating. AROUND i, say that because what was mentioned by one of the insiders is that they are focusing on reps more so than who's gonna play at what, Spot like you're seeing a mixture of who's going out with the, ones you seeing a mixtu who's going out with the twos and the. Threes their goals to get reps for the running back, room which is. Good barnes is down still with the foot, deal so he's out for. Now HE'S i think he's just, training but he's not actually padding, up which will probably se him padded up summer in the fall. Practice that to me is big to understand is THAT i think we've had we have a really good and deep running back. Room of Course, Taylor taylor's playing baseball and baseball is doing really good right. Now shout out to him and all of. Them baseball is a number twelve in the. Country just won the series Against South carolina two games to. One they just won to day six to. Five, huge very. Much so answer your question of your venge, tour what does country strong? Mean that means he's just just naturally just he's. Throwing he can throw bells of hay with no problem like you used to people you look at him, like, ah he's probably not that, strong but he grabs something to chunks and you're, like oh, wow that's. Strong he's country. Strong it means he's working out in fields on a record the, basis so he has a natural strength to him from not lifting weights but lifting stuff out there on the. Field country. Strong country strong dudes are really they're the ones that can get a grip on you and you're, like hey, man can you like loosen up it just a little, bit grab my arm a little hard. There farm boys strong is another good one IN i like. That they just hands are very. Strong that's usually what it is if you if, YOU i guess if you could adcompass anything around country, strong even just lifting and throwing scenes. Around it's having strong freaking hands and grip like you, know you tip gotta work that out. Now if you're grabbing, stuff that's when you're working out them forums. Strong he's. Strong but, anyway running back room revolving, DOOR i don't think you have much of an update On we're not gonna probably get much an update on them until probably a lot closer to the. Fall AM i crazy on that? Coop?
Speaker 3: NO i think that's pretty.
Speaker 2: Good and you know that's the running backs are the you, know we'll see what rotations look. Like BUT i think that you like the pieces that you. HAVE i, mean right, now still leading the leading the charge for the. Team you still Have Gavin sauchak kind of as that number, one With Javonte barnes being out And tatum being you, know on the other on the. Diamond you, know next, up you got you, got you got your you, know freshman, feenom and so you want to get a chance to see some of these, guys, uh you, know put some work. In but, UH i feel pretty good about everything going. On you, KNOW i don't don't really have much fear about the running back. ROOM i think that they'll we'll have that thing lined out pretty.
Speaker 1: Well going back to the offensive, line As Jenna mate mentioned About, heath look offensive line, wise you're gonna do a. Rotation you're gonna have ten men that's gonna definitely rotate on a regular. Basis So i'm not too concerned With heath getting. Wrong BUT i Think heath will be right behind Epl EPs had The nashy, streak AND i think That heath will get that in. Them that's The that's the one Thing i've heard that The Code ching staff wants more out of it is him just to be. More they want him to be more just, mean AND i think he can get. There he's starting to grow some facial, hair so he's starting to look like he's, uh he's, uh he's not the baby face as much. Anymore but coming in this, Year heath walked in at six, five three hundred and five. Pounds it's pretty darn good size if you ask, me really.
Speaker 2: Good you're you've got a couple of these guys With holland And. Ozaida you, know they're they're out there healing and learning and they're going they're able to get in the mental reps and that's that's what you're hoping that they're that they're doing right.
Speaker 3: Now so Just.
Speaker 2: Heath is a guy who he does not want to give up that spot and he knows that he's going to have to go out there and play catch. Up so we we've seen we've seen the progress and the the wherewithal with guys Like halland And ozigona last. Year so hopefully they come, back you, know with the chip on their. Shoulder but kind of like you, mentioned at the end of this, year we're going to see a little bit of an, exodus and it's going to be that tim to where we're nobody's going to be happy about some of the names that are going to be, leaving but you need people who can make a difference on your. Team as you get closer to THE nfl, model there's No i'm gonna take a shot At Lebron james. Here there's no place for your you, know the son of one of your players just to take a roster spot in THE nfl like.
Speaker 3: That nobody's going to do. That nobody's just going to.
Speaker 2: Give you a spot in the roster because you we're a really big fan favorite at your. University, like if you can't help the, team you're not going to be on the. Team AND i think that's what we're kind of getting to on the college, side and there's a faction of people who are going to be, like but you, know is that. Fair, listen when the money that's on the line is out there the whole you, know Participation trophy and stuff like, that it's not you, know it's not what people are wanting to.
Speaker 3: See nobody.
Speaker 2: Cares you, know you can't, say, well we, Lost uh we had a ten to two. Season we lost in THE afc champion or A fc champion of THE sec championship game because, uh you know we uh we we played uh you, know are one of the bottom guys on the, bench and we just wanted him to get some run out.
Speaker 3: There like nobody cares about that.
Speaker 2: Anymore it's IT'S ws and l's and and so you're gonna have to put these guys out there and if they cannot be somebody who can. Help if you've you, KNOW i saw somebody say something About Jake taylor AND i And i'm one hundred percent on this is you, know at some, point you can probably see a guy who's been here three years and we still haven't seen anything that, says, hey it's. Elite that guy's probably not going to be around for two more two more. Years he's probably going to be gone and be sent somewhere where he can maybe go play at a at a lower. Division but, again you're not going to see some of these sooners leaving and going to you, know, uh the smaller. Programs you, know you may see some guys who may leave and go to a you, know maybe At tulsa or maybe go to A baylor or something like. That it's not going to Be Texas. State it's not going to be you, Know Sacramento state or anything weird like. That it's going to be a legit. Program and that's where you see because you, know anytime that there's a kid who is On arkansas or Not, arkansas But georgia OR lsu Or alabama and they're hitting the transfer portal because of where they're coming, from they get a lot of looks right from the get, go and they're going to get another opportunity at another pretty good. School and so that's what you're going to see through some of our. Guys you just hope that you don't get a situation like the basketball team where you have to play that guy twice and he daggers you two times in a, row you, know the second one being worse than the. First so this offensive line has a, lot a lot of talent and a lot of, potential and, unfortunately not not all these.
Speaker 3: Guys are going to stick around for four.
Speaker 1: Years, exactly and it's. Not your goal is to get people to possibly get themselves gone by their third. Year if you can do that more, often kids are willing to pull. Up so make sure y'all hit that Like Buddy. Me new to the, Channel, subscribe rate, us review us if you're listening to the audio, version and give us five. Stars coop Tight. End it's gonna be an interesting. Place Jerry cannick is supposedly turning some hits him as well As Caden. Elms it's Like hilms might be. HEALTHY i don't. Know i'm gonna take that with a grain of. Salt if there's one room That i'm not gonna super, Pump i'm gonna wait until see what we get out of the Tight end. ROOM i don't know about, you but that's the one. Room i'm just, Like i'll wait and see it on the.
Speaker 3: Field SO i see it this.
Speaker 2: Way if you put a guy who has not played on offense for three years and change now over on offense and he's turning, HEADS i see that as an indictment of what you have there in the first. Place that's not always, good you, know it's it's, Man i'm just. Saying i'll say, this this may be. HARSH i apologize to all family. Members everything but the top turn of the. Toil toil gets flushed and if you were just the top, one you. KNOW I i'm just saying this IS i want to see some efforts on the portal for the spring because it just doesn't. Listen you can't fool me. Once shame on, me you, know shame on you fool me, twice shame on.
Speaker 3: Me whatever it. Is but for me a third you can't fool. Me, no, no it's it's it's. Not.
Speaker 2: Now from WHAT i, Understand Jaron knnick is looking looking good out there running. AROUND i Think Jaron cannick is the best option that he has to provide anything for this team is going to be in more of a pass, catching split out type of situation as Back Brayden willis type of. Deal if you Ask Jaron kannick to go out on the edge and block one of those d ns From South, carolina it's going to end up the exact same way it did With Bower.
Speaker 3: Sharp it's not gonna be look. Pretty it's gonna be.
Speaker 2: Bad i'm actually to the spot AND i THINK i Told Reggie powers this the other.
Speaker 3: Day i'm actually to the spot WHERE i.
Speaker 2: Would rather you not put a tight end out there and just throw like another tackle eligible type of a guy like A Logan, Holland and Because Logan holland is a guy who played tight, end you throw him out there along the goal line on a fourth and short type of a. Situation maybe in that first game Against bartlesville or whoever we're Playing Indiana, State Illinois. State throw that out, there throw a pass To Logan holland on a short yardage deal and put it on tape and just make that be something that they have to think about for the rest of the. Year that's that's kind of Where i'm at with the tight end. Room you, know when we were, saying if anybody's looked through the chat and saw the whole you, Know Star destroyer, package you, know that would kind of a funny thing THAT i put together mentally last year because of the incapability of.
Speaker 3: That tight end.
Speaker 2: Room NOW i don't hear anything About Davon mitchell nothing at, all which is. BAD i know that he is close to two. EIGHTY i know that he is still what is he eighteen?
Speaker 1: Nineteen now he's now, eighteen should be going on.
Speaker 2: Nineteen, yeah maybe you know this this should be his freshman.
Speaker 3: Year, still keep that in.
Speaker 2: Mind he came from a spot to where they don't football like they do here In oklahoma and In, texas so he had to learn a new. Intensity he said all the right things at the end of the year last, year everything that he said got people pretty jacked about the potential. Maturity well now we're still not hearing anything Here Cayden, helms AND i think that he is a guy that.
Speaker 3: It's going to have To it's going to be a show me a.
Speaker 2: SITUATION i need to see something out of this, offense out of that, room the tight inside BEFORE i even consider it as something as an asset for this.
Speaker 3: Team.
Speaker 1: Exactly you gotta need some guys that's gonna be able to. Produce so, unfortunately unfortunately we're not hearing a whole bunch about tight. End and we'll wait and see on. That so let's answer a couple of questions THAT i had starred in. Here let me go ahead and pull that, up all, Right ian asked ABOUT i even carry on at wide. Receiver i'm gonna be, HONEST i haven't heard much. Yet that's really it's it's not a. LOT i haven't heard that he's, hurt BUT i think he's going through the emotions in his just he's in part of the you, know second team, rep third team. Reps he's just kind of going through. It he's just not someone that jumped. OUT i haven't heard anything bad about him, though so he's probably just. CONSISTENT i just haven't heard anything like he's jumping off the screen like A Giovanni gibson is and all of. That keeping it on wide. Receivers kyle just asked where Is Jaydon? Gibson jay And gibson got hurt. Again he had a minor. Setback Brent vinnibles mentioned that before spring practices. Start he said a little, setback so they pulled him back from going through. Practices but it doesn't look like anything that's going to jeopardize him playing next. SEASON i think he felt a little little pain in a, step but he has been training. Hard supposedly his rehabit is still going. Well he just ain't ready to go into practices. Yet he wasn't supposed to practice anyway Until, august so truth be, told he had a meniscus, tear and a meniscus surgery is usually nine to twelve. Months his nine months comes. Up what's? That June May may is his nine, Months so he's not gonna be back until this summer. Anyway that was never the. Expectation so that's why you aren't not hearing About Jaydon gibson cooping anything on those.
Speaker 2: Two to, add, Yeah jaden again still. Hurt he was still, hurt you. Know it's it's when you are progressing back from anything with the, knee, patella anything like, that you're going to have days that you feel, terrific and you're gonna have days where you don't feel too good when when you're out there running, Around like there's times to where he will be able to run a straight line and go to the coaching, staff go to the training staff and say that felt really really. Good well then go run a cone drill and, GO i don't you know WHEN i was breaking to the, outside it didn't feel.
Speaker 3: Terrific and so let's hold off On he's still.
Speaker 2: Progressing and as of right, now he still will play this year as long as there's no other.
Speaker 1: Setbacks, yeah he's he's just shelved to as a. Precaution BUT i didn't expect Give jayden to give us much until mid season. Anyway it'll be another breakout type like it wasn't twenty three and then hopefully in twenty six it's his. Year but the good thing gets at the wide receiver. Room we've got a lot of wide receivers that are, Veterans we've got a lot of older ones with some of the mixed in. Youngs so, yeah we should be. Solid zias asked About, hatton thought he was flipping to The. Aggies aggies are big in his. Recruitment the good thing For oklahoma and The aggies and that recruitment is he mainly was looking at them Because DeMarco murray was name was coming up IN nfl jobs as well as The Penn state. Job and now that all of that has settled, Down Jonathan, Hatton i'm expecting him to recommit to The, sooners mainly because When DeMarco murray, won the ARTICLE i mentioned it earlier On You Inside are tweeted out that he was. Staying he immediately retweeted, it so he was waiting to find out Where's DeMarco gonna. Be he's A DeMarco. Guy DeMarco is really good at just so y'all know that he's really good at that. Part last question, Here, robert we talked about the running back. Room there's a lot of good coming out of the running back room right. Now we're just waiting. On it's just a lot of. Rotations Gavin salchuk's leading. Away Xavier robinson's also got some time with the. One Sam franklin is also getting. Run i'm still Surprised sam suck, around BUT i totally get. Why he probably, realized, hey it's probably my best chance to really get some shiness to stay here and. Grow so that's a good. Thing let's talk some, Defense. Coop look coming into last, season this is WHAT i told y'all around this time last, Year oklahoma will be leaning heavily on its defense while the offense figures itself. Out the offensive line is, young they still got to get things. Going the quarterback is. Young not sure what he's gonna be, yet but you know he's gonna be forged in fire Because Brent, venables just As robert just posted on, here HIS bv is throwing the kitchen sink at. Everybody that's what he did Against Jackson. Arnold he did that Against Michael. Hawkins that's exactly what they. Do the saving grace was supposed to bend the skills guys wide receivers and running backs to make it to where the quarterback can make quick. Decisions then everything you, know the worst possible situation. Happen you lose six. Guys this year's completely. DIFFERENT bv is still throwing the kitchen, sink But materia is still winning some. Battles that is what everybody's being. Told so we're gonna start up. Front we're gonna work trenches all the way back to the, veterans going into the. Secondary. Cheatah if you paid, ATTENTION i dropped a video today Talking cheetahs and. SECONDARY i got your trench's video coming out tomorrow. Morning so we're gonna end then throughout the, Week i'll do all the other positions AS i head myself out of town for. Vacation but the question already popped, up what are we hearing About David? Stone? Cool that one? Good, yeah that is WHAT i am hearing as, well And gave And teddy mentioned it as. Well stoney's standing. Out stoney's walking in here at three hundred and thirteen. Pounds he looks noticeably, bigger but he don't look. Slower he looks like he's taking that three technique and potentially Zero, seriously him And Jane jackson could be a monster. Combo jaydon's not practicing right. Now he had labrom surgery like five of our dudes, here which is. Crazy so but he looks. Good stoney might have his breakout. Year, Finally well you want to know somebody else's jumping out. Too we'll talk about. That, men go ahead on A.
Speaker 2: Stone you say, Finally AND i just want to point out the fact, that, like the reason why it's finally is because he's a five. Star, yeah, yeah you expect the five, stars you, know to start flashing some, stuff you. Know year, one we knew that he needed to come in and really get some strength, in some, weight you, know added in BECAUSE i think he showed, up you, know in the two. Nineties but if you if you need to really realize how important that is for him to get that weight a little bit more. Formidable go back to last year When Brent vinnables like opened up a press conference and like pivoted right in the middle of his sentence to, say, Like David stone's up over three.
Speaker 3: HUNDRED i just got.
Speaker 2: Word you, know he did that in a press conference last year because he wants people to know, that like that that that was OUR i, mean that was our. Goal that was our goal to get him up there to where he could not be you, know because it's. Hard Grayson holton does it, really really well after four, years but you still see times Where grayson is getting shoved back quite a bit because of that. Weight and you know there's it's few and far between that you're gonna be an UNDERSIZED d tackle and make it make you, know make a consistent.
Speaker 3: Impact so getting him up was.
Speaker 2: Good and now he is going to have, to, uh he's going to have to, uh you, know see the guys out in front of him and, go, NO i deserve to be in front of one of those, guys and those That's Dominic, Williams Grayson, halton And Jayden.
Speaker 3: Jackson.
Speaker 2: Uh but if that makes you feel, good AND i say That David stone could give you A Jayden jackson type of a season along With Jaden jackson And Grayson halton And Dominic, williams you, know that's FOUR d tackles that you're you're you're kind of jacking excited. About so If stony looking, good looks the, point looks the park and he's putting in the, work.
Speaker 1: Hell, yeah he's one hundred percent giving you that average size on the defensive line in the. Interior, coop what do you think it is?
Speaker 3: NOW i would say three twenty.
Speaker 1: Three oh hold, no, no, no nowhere near that big that gives. You like With Nigel, smith who's round two, eighty he's gonna be, INTERIOR i don't. Care nobody said he's interior. Now Jacob henry's to eighty. One And Trent, wilson who On march first weight in at two ninety. Four he said he's over three hundred at the, interviews which is like a week. Later we're three on one average right, Now, okay three hundred and one on average in the, interior and we've got, one, two, three, four, five six seven guys over three hundred. Pounds we only had two last, year and your big Boys, Jackson dom And stone all over three hundred and ten, pounds so you got three main guys over. That but there's a name that j'a need to keep your eyes out for that has been working his way into probably the guy right behind Either Jayden jackson or right Behind David, stone but he's looking at possibly to second. Rotation smart is, strong six' two three oh three now legitimate three, o three probably more than, that now he's probably had a few more. In crustables he's a, big boy and We're hearing Gabe and teddy talked about, It Too but i've actually heard this from some of the other insiders, as well that he's terrorizing the heck out of people on that. Defensive line like, we Know g baby is giving you what you're. LOOKING for, i mean he's to, eighty four he's giving you. The goods But supposedly Strongest call strongest caused some problems to the, point, of oh he could be seeing some some opportunity, out there and that's.
Speaker 2: That's huge we saw some of those some of, those guys was it two, years ago those defensives have that just seemed like, depth pieces and you still need. Those guys you still need some guys who are going to have it in there in their soul to put in the work and progress and really see no light at the end of the tunnel, year one, year two but then finally. Year, three yeah there is going to be a part of college football which is still predicated on development of your. Depth pieces and so this is great because, You Know marcus strong is a guy that he's been a. Team guy he's been a guy who's he's gotten out there and when he's been given, his, opportunity uh, you know he does a. Good job and so it's, you know having having, YOU know i wish it was three. Twenty three that'd make, me happy but, you know having your main pieces at the interior defensive line all up over, Three, hundred uh that's. The beginning you still have to have. Great technique you still have to play with great. Pad level you hear You hear gabe talk about on the offensive line And and teddy talk about on the. DEFENSIVE line a lot is you can have, great talent but if your pad, levels trash then you're.
Speaker 3: Going to let somebody else is going to technique.
Speaker 2: You away and, these guys these guys that they are playing, every week are coached by guys who know what they're doing and they're going to let. Them, know, like, hey listen if you know This, is gee This Is. Grayson halton he is an. Undersized guy but if you play, too high he is going to take the pad level and he is going to make you. Look silly AND so i mean that's going to be SOMETHING that i want to see continuation this year is, you know you're going to see some. More weight, you know anything that you see weight wise now and throughout the rest of the year probably not going to be. That Way, in september it's going to be a little lower because they're going to get through the summers and the two days And the schmidty time and they're going To lose they're going to.
Speaker 3: Lose some of.
Speaker 2: That weight, so yeah let let's let's let's, keep them keep, them going keep those lbs continuing. To go you want to see those the pounds be add and the explosion. Increase too you don't want to see them lose any explosion, with IT because i think that's where you have a lot of Guys Like grayson halton, who, GOES well i don't want to get too big because then, you know the number one ASSET that i bring to the table all of a sudden starts kind of going down to and that's that speed.
Speaker 3: And quickness but it's it's it's a true freaks and.
Speaker 2: Mutants that, you know you hear about are the guys who can continue to get bigger and get stronger and get faster and be you know.
Speaker 1: More, effective YEP and i love you. Saying, This Gee, grayson halton who is a TOP ten pff returning into your. DEFENSIVE lineman i have a video coming out on THAT when i talk trenches on that Side, on monday and that's a huge that's a huge award. For him top ten returning interior. Defensive lineman he's he's on. That list and ye that that's what you want. To hear you want to hear that. He is he's starting to he's stepping up like that. Massive moves so, for me six man rotation on, Defensive, Line coop i'm thinking You've, Got Jackson Jane jackson dom in. The middle right, behind them you've Got G Baby. David stone but right, Behind them I'm Thinking, Marcus Strong. Nigel smith.
Speaker 2: You Still Got, devon sears who you know came back again this year and that Isn't, he yeah that is a we'll see what happens, with HIM because i think that he does have, you know some of that just make it happen. In him and UH but i, mean listen Whether it's nigel or Whether It's, devon sears you know what you need is in the in the rare moments that they do. Get in you want to see you want to see them take advance of. Those things play with, great technique play with great, pad level, great intensity and you know when it's your time to get called, on that you're, you're ready because that's a lot of. The time but, you know that's something that we don't. Talk, about uh but, You know i've had conversations, with people and there's a lot of times that some of your third string guys and stuff that don't get in. A lot sometimes they don't get in because they're not ready to go into.
Speaker 1: The, game Yeah and I'll give i'll say this on the. SERIOUS piece i don't see him on the official roster, Right, now okay so that may change in. The FALL but i. DIDN'T know i do know he did go through THE pro. DA stuff i don't know what the official name deal is going. To be but if he applies for, another year he technically would. Get it and if he wants to, COME back i believe they'll.
Speaker 2: Have him, and uh but here's the one Thing that i'm kind of Excited about JAY that i could. SAY this i don't think we're in the de tackle market in the transfer portal for, the spring.
Speaker 1: WE'RE not i don't think we are this. Time around we may take, one MORE but i don't think we're in. The, market YEAH but.
Speaker 3: I mean that's just a cool place.
Speaker 2: To be like it was weird really to not have to to go all, right now we got to get two million dollars ready, to go, you know bag a d tackle so that we don't get. Pushed around, You know i'm saying this that if we do go after, a dtackle it's going to because somebody wants to. Come Here and naggi saw them and diagnosed them as as a big target for somebody that could. Help us and, you know that's another thing about having that disconnect between the coaching staff is you know he can get out there and watch those practices and see and, you know maybe have an idea, and start, you know kind of pursuing that idea based off of what. He sees and that IS a gm and that is a talent guy that knows what he's. Looking at soe if he goes out, and, says, hey listen. We're golden we don't need anybody like that's something that we should celebrate from not needing.
Speaker 3: Defensive, alignment yeah and that's.
Speaker 1: Kind of crazy to even think about the fact that we probably don't need any like. WE'VE got i think we may, be good especially on the. In tier we've got a lot more interior GUYS than i think we have edge guys, Right now like we've got more guys over the too eighty mark than we do really. Edge dues we probably need to get an. Edge guy speaking, of edges let's dive into them. Right Now Marvin jones junior is the. Real deal and he has the motor that we hoped he. Would have that has BEEN the i guess the thing about him that people, say, that, oh well, you know, be careful. He's not he doesn't really. Work hard he's got. The Motor all i'm hearing is that he's got. The motor and.
Speaker 3: It's not even like he doesn't have.
Speaker 2: The motor it's the you can't depend, on it and it's like that's a big ticket, to him and that's. You KNOW but i, will say this is some of the stuff coming out Out Of. Florida STATE when I Saw marvin jones, GOING there i didn't Really Want. Marvin jones so if he comes out and balls OUT and i jump on that. Fanboy bangwagon you guys can call me out. ON it i did Not Want marvin JONES because i heard some of. The stuff and so when, you know put your feelers out and have Conversations With florida. State guys and when they really started kind of putting, stuff together, you know, on defense it was led, by him and he they were excited about him coming back for a final year because they thought it could be a massive breakout year and he. Skipped down and so the HOPE that i, had was this guy has. The measurables those are the things you, can't coach, you know the, six five, you know, two seventy, you know that stuff you cannot. TEACH that i think that you're going to see what it's like to have a complimentary. Defensive line, you know we talked about the complimentary football between defense, and offense but a complimentary defensive line where you have more than just guys who are going to go out there and, you know take up a position or take up. A Spot ethan downs did a really really. Good job you saw when we were talking about country, Strong Earlier ethan downs. Country, Strong Yeah ethan down's. Country strong and he knew that he was just going to have to outwork whoever he was, across from and sometimes, he won sometimes. He didn't but You replace ethan now this year with somebody who actually has that exact prototypical DEFENSIVE end nfl type, of guy and so.
Speaker 3: He's. Doing it he's he's doing a.
Speaker 2: Good job and, guess what he gets to face six first time quarterbacks, this Year and i'm pretty sure that he is going to get excited about this and he has the chance of playing himself into a first round draft pick.
Speaker 3: This year this is a guy who's former.
Speaker 2: Five star people are going to know, his name people are going to be paying attention to that right from the. Get go and if he comes out and he approaches a ten, sack season.
Speaker 3: Just just get.
Speaker 2: Get excited about that because. That's good, you know you may Have our mason And And dominic Williams And Marvin jones junior all hitting the draft, this year and some of those guys are going to go, pretty.
Speaker 1: High And Marvin jones ji is one. Of them he's gonna. Jump out so he's been, breaking out well not, breaking out he's been. As advertised so the five star talent that you thought that we were chasing back when he was an actual recruit and he did. Visits Here The five stars talent. Still there, of Course Our mason thomas is you know who. He is but three players to really keep in. Mind, of one, of course pg out as being up at. Two sixty that's where they wanted him to be. Last year that's the size that they were hoping for. With, him now all he's got to do is make sure his bend is there for flexibility. Is good make sure you know his ankles. ARE solid I think pj has an opportunity to have. A breakout and right next to him on, that breakout y'all are talking about it in the in the in, The Chat. Daniel Koye oh koye. Is ready the way it Looks what. I've heard he he looks, the size he looks, the part and he's playing the part. Right now Expectations is Danny ol koye is gonna have his first have a. Massive season HIM and pj should be. Lights out but one other, name though to go. With them, that's, like hey Keep Looking, taylor Wine, The brentwood. Tennessee, kid yeah he's probably Your Next. Ethan DOWNS just, i Mean, he's honestly he's got. The size he's six' four about two seventy and he's a, legitimate that size, is really strong but he's got some good speed coming around the. Edge on that so he could Be your next ethan downs where. He's Just consistent but danny is one that can, do multiple things like you can actually drop, him in coverage but he's also one that's that could. Just go attack he's. A violent, player i mean we talked to. Him on here it's his favorite part about football. Is that's violent patch has. A good man i don't know it was. A good camp that's. A GOOD one I'M.
Speaker 3: I mean I think of I think Of.
Speaker 2: Danny a koye and if you took A Guy like eric striker, who was undersized and you just you just gave him, the you know you you buy your little package on PlayStation and, you upgrade, him you know in the in the. Physical SIZE deal and i think that's kind of what, you're looking at is you're looking at a guy who you know has a nose, for the football knows how to just knows how to. Get around people he he's not gonna quit until a few minutes after the, whistle you know he's got a little bit of the. Crazy IN him but i don't know if We've HAD A danny a koye type in quite a long. Time around here maybe.
Speaker 1: Maybe A, BIGGER nick bonito.
Speaker 3: I would say i, was saying that Or. A small, robo Oh yeah marl obo would be probably probably.
Speaker 1: A better one i think it's PROBABLY a Better, a, smaller Obo yeah because Obo was what i'm.
Speaker 2: Not even sure, if that's accurate because he might be the Same, size as obo, just more.
Speaker 1: Explosive could be let me, see this look, Uh well yeah obo six, two to fifty.
Speaker 3: So maybe A bigger bigger he's probably.
Speaker 1: He's technically bigger He's a bigger oh He's. A, bigger obo yeah that. Might be it that. Might be it and if, he DEVELOPED properly because i mean he's he's a legitimate six three six four. Two fifty five he's legitimate. In that size elbow is measured at six, two two fifty. So technically bigger he's Actually More our mason thomas Is more. So lobo, size so actually think this is a name that people aren't. Gonna LIKE hearing but i don't think this is. A bad thought let, me, see hmm.
Speaker 2: Yeah while you while you're, looking that, up you know we we kind of he Sounds Like the. WILL anderson BUILD i mean i, would have, trouble you know saying words like That Yet because, will anderson.
Speaker 3: Was, you know freak very very he.
Speaker 2: Was a freak but right from, the get go, like he, was expectations, were you know first Round Draft. Pick DANNY danny like i, SAID last year i still think That the moment danny gets out, there and plays he is going to see he's going to be one that is going to become. Obsessed with success and when, he sees, Something, THANK you yes.
Speaker 3: I know that. I saw that i.
Speaker 1: Saw that, one thank You. Thank You yes how i'm ready.
Speaker 3: To be hurt it's ready. To hurt again, Here, YOU.
Speaker 1: Go coop i GOT it and i hate. To say it he's literally the exact Same. Size as david if he's faster or or or or you play, at gweyboo exactly you're supposed to play a gay boo who is. Not a linebacker you play him as edge because he's a defensive END in the nfl at the exact same Size as a. Koye, right now yeah that's that's basically. Who He is and i'm, gonna be honest we did A disservice of Gueyboo. Here at oklahoma, he's an edge, he's a rusher.
Speaker 3: He's, a, jack, well, well uh well we'll blame That one.
Speaker 1: On grimch correct i'm not saying we're. Blaming this staff i'm just saying he was definite played the position even when we had and we, had no choice mean that we were short on positions.
Speaker 3: We didn't have we didn't we. Didn't, Have people correct we.
Speaker 1: Had of bodies he.
Speaker 3: Had no people so.
Speaker 1: That's my point guebu. Was good here he. WAS pretty consistent i Think that that danny could be in the right Position what a gebu. SHOULD have, been i mean for The For. The buffalo bills now he got an opportunity and he Played well at houston when they. PLAYED him, there i mean he had over two hundred tackles with Sixteen tackles for losto for saxon His. Career at oklahoma that's not a. Bad at. All honorable mention he he That's. That's a Koye THAT Is.
Speaker 2: Danny O koye, It's i mean I'm excited about danny for a lot. Of, different reasons, Uh you, KNOW number one i think that he is a kid who It's going to he could do A lot for oklahoma high school football just. By blowing, up you know that's that's that's. A big deal and you've got that's why you Want guys from oklahoma. On this team, is you know you point towards, it, and, say hey listen doesn't matter if you're growing. Up in homeschool it doesn't matter if, you're you know if you're From. Coming from, chakota you know you can come, to the university put your work in and. Become something big, and you know five ten, years from now we're Talking About how Elijah thomas and danny o'cuoye a laid a foundation, for you know for some of the new. Kids coming up so Pretty excited about danny and now it's time to see it. On the field everybody's, been excited, about you know what he could be and, so now like are we going to get to, see you know some good snaps because what he didn't play very many, snaps last year and we didn't put ourselves in good positions. To do that so that's why it's important to go out against the, first you know of these teams in the non conference and, do your business to carry your business so that you can play guys in the in the fashion that they're supposed to play. When they're young and that's in some of the. Mop up duty that's, seeing live, snaps that's, seen you know getting out there in front of the in front, of the crowd, and you know getting, your name, cheered you know in. The fourth quarter because it's it's it's not, the fact that like We're Excited that daniel kuoaye sacks a guy while we're at by. Forty five points it's the fact that he got in and finally. Got his, chance and again he's gonna be. Obsessed with success he's gonna be a guy who the moment he, gets a sack he's gonna. Want that second he's gonna, want the third he's gonna, want the fourth and he's Gonna Want. Honorable all american he's gonna want. All those things but it all starts with that first that. First big play.
Speaker 1: That's exactly it. One big, play all right let's move back into. These line backers.
Speaker 3: Let me.
Speaker 1: Go back logan it's. A good question we just Talked. About g. Baby he hasn't he's. NOT fallen anywhere i think he's, in the rotation your Second rotation with jay right With Him and david stone on the game, that Rotate Together behind Jay Jackson. And dominic williams he was also PFF's top one of the. Top GUYS returning, Like i said i'll talk about him more in depth on the Video position video i'll drop. Later this week but on the top ten returning, INTERIOR Defensive linemen g baby was number ten. On that list thirteen point six percent pressure rate since twenty twenty three leads all, returning defensive tackles and his twelve point five pass was rush win rate best among. Powerful INTERIOR guys the pff likes. Him, A lot yeah i Mean, at so yeah we're pretty. Stoked, about, Him, linebackers though Coop let's save cheetah to when we get. To the, SECONDARY in safeties i want to KEEP them because i want to Go from linebacker cheatah safety to Then End with DB's and this is just what we're hearing. In practice, Reports Linebacker wise kiping kobe are doing what you want. Them to do they're. Leading The way kendall daniels is working a little bit. On The interior samia musiga was also a. Shining light coop how do you? Feel about that and what else?
Speaker 2: Are you hearing THIS is, a i mean this is the room to where this IS one where i think that we do, need something.
Speaker 1: Else one more we also got one. MORE coming TOO i may i may mention of that. On My Video, remember marcus james the six two twenty pound True Freshman from carl albert in rolls in the summer instead of he didn't early in roll think he did. Track or something but, he'll be back so you so. He'll be here so, there's one body but you do, as you said we need one more, person at linebacker just.
Speaker 2: For, one more yeah and. IT'S for depth i think that you're you know you're Going to See. KIP and kobe i think that you probably need. A Will guy samuel mesigo is playing, a lot there you know From those and candledan uh, AND and listen i think that we're going to have a situation to where you listen To the Guys gave and Teddy talk about kip and they talk about that never stopping motor and he is just a lightning, rod going everywhere and he burns calories. Left and right so It's hard for kip to get, up you know above that two twenty five range and, and you know get up there and stay because he just burns at both ends.
Speaker 3: Of, The candle.
Speaker 2: Kobe kobe's ready, Uh you know i'm Ready to see. Kobe this, year Oh goodness gracious amber alert or it, was brazy, okay but, ANYWAY but yeah i think that there's going to be a there's going to, be you know the. STARTERS are, good I think, like i said by going getting a new that's a.
Speaker 3: More depth, piece but yeah you saw you saw a.
Speaker 2: Lot of the year Last Year where danny setzman was on the sideline and in in, big swing moments and so you know that You know That kip and kobe they're the. Next one's up sammy spent a lot of time, out there also and so you know that you're. Excited about him but it is going to, be you know can you get one more guy to really? Make that step and now this is where, you're You Know The lewis carter x's exit is a LITTLE tough because i think he was another guy, that was uh you know was primed and but that, was you know that was a.
Speaker 3: Going home situation so.
Speaker 2: Hearing a lot about uh, is you Know You've got james nesta to who, is playing baseball so he is a guy that is not going to be, around right now but. He's another body you're not gonna be able To depend on Nessa Or or marcus james to really be a big contributor unless they just come in and they just completely just befuddle everybody and you show up and.
Speaker 3: Just ball out so you're. In good hands you.
Speaker 2: Just need Depth I'm excited kenda daniels being a what was? It, six five, uh you know a six. To five guy his. Was last year he he just kind. Of quit trying and you hope that that's not something, that HAPPENS here which i feel like it's gonna be different because their defense was an absolute sieve last year and there was they're. Not, stopping anybody yeah it was their defense made our. Offense LOOK proficient so i mean when we Were talking about, bowl game, possibilities you, know, it was well their defense sucks and, Our offense sucks so you know what's? Gonna happen, THERE but yeah i THINK that the i think the excitement around the linebackers is going to be uh justified with with who you. Have out there But? Is it taylor why which one's the D n is Heim is the.
Speaker 1: Heim's The linebacker and i'm actually gonna talk, about him NOW but before i. Jump Onto him kendall daniels is playing both interior As well as cheetah, in some reps and so that's a very exciting thing to see that. He's get acclimated, because you're Right. He oka homestay everything was it was a, dumpster fire there and that's kind of what osta fans was sending me whenever He he committed it was sending me videos of him, whiffing On stuff and, I'M just like i don't think he's. GONNA whiff here i think that that's kind. OF the they i think that they, let, him know hey we're not gonna play that that giving up. Effort thing here we need you to, be LOCKED in and i think he wants. To GO pro so i, think he's there but Moving into your cheetahs, Because You're right samyel mosiego's playing a. LOT of interior i think he's playing a lot more plea He's playing More, mike behind kobe and then will is Your Kindle H daniels, as i say mix in Between, that And Cheetah but cheata row, First And foremost reggie powers is Probably. Your STARTING cheetah so i saw that someone, asked A Question Is kendall Daniel kendall doe be gonna get the starting job when? He's fully. HEALTHY probably not i do think that he comes back and, plays A lot but i think they use him more, as a nickel using MORE as a dB that gets. To Blitz, Heavily But, Cheetah Cheeta row REGGIE powers third rp? Three Is it and gabe gushed like that also seeped through MY phone while. I was driving he will, See he was he was. Gushing so hard he said he, looks, the part yeah and he's got the sides and blah. Blah blah nah, and, he said man he also looks like he'll knock. Your head, OFF he's like i don't know if, i'm You know if i'm, seeing THIS right, but i, think you know, He'll knock somebody he'll knock. Somebody's Block off, AND i'm like i immediately TWEETED him whenever i finally. Listened to, it, i'm like hey did just see his high skuwed videos of him. Just hitting people. He has highlights one is the college high school career of. HIM leveling Folks i think powers ends Up winning your cheetah for one for one big reason because besides the fact that he likes to hit and he looks, like he can he can go and. Get the ball dude's pretty. Solid in coverage he had an. Interception against man, YES this man, i get it but as, a true freshman it's a solid where he picked up, the slot receiver followed him and. Got the interception fortunately it, got called back.
Speaker 2: But that.
Speaker 1: Interception is real. IN our hearts rp three is probably gonna. BE your Dude i think dobe rotates a lot, because more so. You gotta Wait it was tennessee when he, heard his ankle so you've he's not gonna Be. Ready, Until September anyway reggie powers. Is your Dude him and taylor, him my god six six two hundred. Twenty six pounds he's eating more uncrustables and get. Them, hips open supposedly he's a dude that's jumping off the screen for everybody to be. Excited about him.
Speaker 2: The potential of what you have lengthwise over the middle of the field is what. Has made jacked and so if you have a situation in the future Where You've got kendl daniels out There, And then hi i'm out there at six y five and six six with wing SPANS that, are nba esque that's hard to throw the ball over that because you've seen the linebackers drop and you've seen get moments, where you know A Guy like kip lewis jumps for a pass that was floated up over him and he's like that far away and you take that away when, you're six, six you know in the middle, of, the field like that's. Just something silly and, so so yeah, those, two guys now those. Aren't your starters those aren't guys that are going to be out there, most, likely know, uh you know early in.
Speaker 3: The first quarter, but you know it does.
Speaker 2: Add another element that you can, do out there because if they're finding some some, some you know some gravity, in the middle then you throw one of those cats out there and all of a sudden that gravity gets cut in half because of how it's tall and how, big they are and both those guys are willing to come up into the box.
Speaker 1: And Hit you so.
Speaker 2: I'm PRETTY excited, about rp three you know again, just you know with the the closeness that we have, to his, Dad you know i'm i feel like it's one of my own kids, having a Success and so i'm excited to.
Speaker 3: Hear about.
Speaker 2: That you know we have An Interview with kendall doleby coming up, here really soon and so we'll have a chance to talk, more about, him you know find out.
Speaker 3: Where he IS from what i understand is he he's.
Speaker 2: Up.
Speaker 3: Running around uh.
Speaker 2: So, That's good uh and he's got to continue to GET that because i mean, that, ankle was uh. That's not fun, and so tennessee let's See. That was September is it September? Or early, OCTOBER but regardless i mean it's it's been a it's been a. Few months now and so excited to have him out there on, the field too because he's just he's just a guy that is always in, the right spot even if he's not.
Speaker 3: Intercepting a ball but.
Speaker 2: The rpth thing just has me, so jacked up just because, it's it's youth it's it's a it's a young kid ready to go in year two and a lot you know where, we we've, seen you Know Like The Jaden jackson david stone situation Where you know stone was the big, get Up front but jackson was the big. Producer, year one well same kind of Thing with Like boganowski And Hardy. And powers is everybody Was excited because Boganowski is the boogeyman and he's a guy who's gonna come up and he's, but guess what so is? His running mate so Is So. Is reggie powers and when you, Hear you know gabe go crazy like that over, a defensive guy that, that means something that, tells you something and so, excited about, that you know don't be don't Be Surprise when kenda. Dobey comes back if they put him at that nickel spot and then he they, start, telling him hey go go compete at, defense back too because we may need. Somebody else there and so he he is a. Good coverage, guy you know he took the spot a On away from desaunmacola because he could tackle and he. Could do coverage and so if you, if you know if there's a world where he ends up as a as a defensive back out there is when you're starting to that's.
Speaker 3: A good, world i agree it's.
Speaker 1: A Great world.
Speaker 3: And.
Speaker 1: I'm here too we're. All constantly optimistic we're just not gonna sit there and lie to you, and say that. Oh they suck we're seeing way too much, potential out here so there's nothing. WRONG with that i one hundredercent, agree with you because Thats exactly. Where i'm at i'm. Very constantly optimistic but THE one thing i know is our defense did play very, good last year and a competent offense you win at least, three more games because it was three games that we lost because we didn't have, a competent offense not. In their fault there's a lot of more of, a you, know Leadership situation, but, I'd Agree yes having boganowski As Well as reggie powers is do is it like?
Speaker 3: To hit.
Speaker 1: People is awesome Shout Out To, robert, spears jennings who of course is having a. Really, good practice, he's you know, just simple stuff, nothing too fancy but he's doing what he's. Supposed to Do jayde and hardy's been running A Lot With robert spears, jennings out there so you're seeing both of. Those Together Early.
Speaker 2: But.
Speaker 1: Peyton Bowen's down both bowens are actually dan and we'll talk about the other one. In just second but the plus here is the biggest plus is we've got a very good SECONDARY room that i feel. Is really deep it's probably one of the deeper rooms we have on the team because as you Go, in to cheetah you can Also Rotate in Kendall Adobe with Taylor Heim and ritchie powers As Well. As kendall daniels there's so many players that. Can play coop that's. What to me Jumps Out and brent vnable's got toys on. Top of toys but let's wrap UP. With The dbs, Eli bowen's down jeremiah. New comes down so you got. Two of those but that's a lot of. YOUNG talent there dB now getting. Some wrung run It Sounds like courtland guillery's making the. Name For himself jacoby johnson is starting to get some good he's starting to get some. Consistent good days he's rolling some good days over each on top. Of, each other look we're playing a lot. Of, young ones luckily the safeties, are pretty experienced so they can help. Over the top but that's my only concern on This team is i'm wondering what this second these. TVs look like but you still got. Some solid Ones You, got devon jordan who's one we don't. Mention very often He's one that gentry. Is in pads he's. Just not hitting If you, get, gentry, back yeah right don't don't let. Him tackle nobody let me see what he looks like with that shoulder in the. IN the fall i don't want him, To Hit nobody but gentry is bat, coup.
Speaker 2: My.
Speaker 1: Concerns DROP it and i, Say This.
Speaker 2: Too malie hawkins you know he had camp after camp after camp where he just bawled out at the end, of the, year you. Know last year and so if you can get a situation, where you, have let's say at Your Disposal, Is Gentry, Williams Eli, Bowen Malie, Hawkins Jacoby, Johnson Devon, JORDAN devon jordan i just keep him. Off Kickoff returns and i'm okay with that because it seems like that. Was really, CONFUSING but yeah i had this, is the spot this is the spot on My team that i'm a.
Speaker 3: Little worried about but in watching the pro, and the, forties that.
Speaker 2: Forties that some of those guys, were running, like, oh goodness gracious uh transferre defensive back, From Last, year desmond ohl he what he run like a four to seven or four to eight or. Something Like That that woody washington running nearly a. FOUR to six i mean that makes sense because there was A lot of there was a lot of times to where they just started running crossing, routes and said you're going to get separation against at least one. Of these guys and you, just watched that and that's how you coached against this defense is you put a situation to where defensive back has to cover something, with some speed, some prolonged speed and you were going to create separation because we're running, four to seven four, Eight out, there and, uh you know AS cool AS i, think i am you know you don't nobody wants me out there covering wide RECEIVERS. In THE sec and i don't know though. Nobody, Wants that yeah. I'll get hurt i'll get hurt, watching THE replay but i would just say this is all those guys. Are all faster I'm. Excited about guillory that's A guy that i think is could end up being one of those guys Who Is a partnell motley type, of defensive back who's just a fighter and he's just going to be in there and he is, going to, keep you know keep. The, BALL going guys i probably run a four to seven to five or something like that, at this AGE and and i promise you the difference in speed between a four to four and a four to.
Speaker 3: Seven is ridiculous so so just kind of. A silly, deal but.
Speaker 2: Yeah you can't you can't win, elongated you know defensive snaps running that. Slow out there i'm you, Said It Right it gentry williams comes back and gives us. Nine good games. THIS team looks, i mean that that's. A big deal that's an. Absolute big DEAL and so i if you again are one of those People who say i'll BELIEVE it when, I see it.
Speaker 3: I'm with you.
Speaker 2: I'm with you it's, it's you know we got to see it BECAUSE last year i think a, lot of, us you know really really thought that the zone coverage from the defensive backs and the handoffs between the defensive backs and the safeties was still something that did not really just make us feel good about this defense and so you got To, Know That javeli brent vinnables and the entire staff is out there trying to work on that and get the best. Guys out there but again it's not for. Lack of talent, it's you know we've got plenty of talent and it's still so much better than it's been.
Speaker 3: In years, past you.
Speaker 2: Know Just Remember, Remember Justin Broyles, remember pat, fields you know remember. Guys like that you know the years where we brought in a freshman who was the best situation that we could, throw out there and we just saw him regress over the. Next, THREE years like i just don't think that we're at, that SPOT anymore but i do want TO see SOME i want i Want to see eli come, back and swing swing away and. Show his progression you just, need somebody else whether That, is a gentry Whether It's, the kendall dolby Whether It's, a jacoby johnson whoever it. Ends up being we just need somebody who is going to be able, to run again good communication, with the safeties and be able just to keep up.
Speaker 3: In, those crossers yep that's what.
Speaker 1: Was most important that's what. You're looking for and if you. CAN get that i think. You're good consistency So we Get gentry and jacoby to, do Some stuff get eli healthy and get him. Back Out There but Gentry eli with jacoby, right BEHIND him, and i mean You, talk about Moligue Talk, about DEVON jordan which i, actually like him. The return guy One corner that i'm hearing also showing up Is Not, only Courtland Gilliery but tristan nines hurt that he's there's A reason why. GEORGIA wanted him i just put it to. You that way there's a reason why, they wanted him and. THAT'S it.
Speaker 2: Regardless, i you know ending it with WITH this is i think that this team is. A good spot i think that you may want to put your eyes set on.
Speaker 3: A tight, END.
Speaker 2: You Know I heard will huggins is. A great, Blocker you know gabe talked about a moment, where he, saw you know great. Blocking from him it. Didn't you know that's if your job is just to be a, blocking tight end that's.
Speaker 3: Gonna be great.
Speaker 2: That's that's terrific but unless WE see something i would expect, the transfer portal you want to, get a linebacker probably a corner unless you just feel like you don't have that answer, on your team, a tight, end a linebacker maybe another defensive tackle, or edge player, probably edge, PLAYER you know i, don't think, THAT you know i guess you don't need, a dependent tackle so an edge player, OUTSIDE of that i just don't know if there's a spot on. This team tour i'm. Super worried, now you know if the, right wide, receiver you know all of a sudden just lands. In our, Lap maybe so but again that's where you're Gonna rely on naggie to go out and take a look at. At those things, and SPRING portal, Don't, i mean james you're right is we don't have open. Spots RIGHT now but i think that there's going to be conversations had with people. And it'll start it'll start, in the spring but you'll see a lot more of it in the, fault where well some tough conversations are going, to, be had yep and.
Speaker 1: It's gonna be. A good thing. You'll WANT that but i am excited ABOUT what the dB, room can be mainly because you've got a lot of young dudes getting these early reps because we're. DEALING with injuries i think that that's probably the positive spin because You Know what, eli bowen is You Know what. Gentry williams is when, both are healthy you already know. What you got you don't know what you got. Behind them yet jacoby, still has, to you know get himself for. Getting, himself better uh especially with his turns. With his hips. He DOESN'T fall But i think jacoby, can be special especially a. Six to two you. Need Big corners the you have, three YOUNG guys, Like I said devine jordan's want we keep for getting about new comes out so you don't really get to. See Him Yet, But Cortland gilliery malie hawkins As Well as tristan haynes are three that could, jump this year so getting Them Some. IN jocelyn alaska i mean he's six. One one ninety you know you just needed him to get, more reps too which. Is another plus. Things are bright so if, we talk portal let's wrap it up. At a bowl it we already going for like. Almost two hours thank you all for pulling up at. The light button new, to the channel, subscribe rate review give. Us five coop thank you for being. Here this late i'm thinking we're probably gonna get another wide receiver, with the, injuries you know. Potentially situation happening you're probably get one. More offensive lineman you're gonna need one more probably one, more, edge person linebacker. Maybe a corner WHAT you think.
Speaker 3: I think those. Are probably, it it's, uh you.
Speaker 2: KNOW this team i think this team is going to know internally that they you got to feel like that the players themselves know what this year, really can mean not, just for themselves but just for. The entire program it's going to be it's going to. Be game time it is going to be game time, once they, uh you know once, we you know kind of get in out of the spring and. Into the fall you need to make sure that every single you know day, that you know each one, of these players every single day, they're getting, better you know leaving it all. In the, field you know you got to play free and get out there and give. YOURSELF an opportunity i don't KNOW how excited i, would be, about you know a sophomore, and a, freshman you know starting. At defensive back but when you've got so MUCH talent and i guess, experience around, them you know, Maybe.
Speaker 3: It's okay, but but Man you.
Speaker 2: Know i'm, excited you KNOW last year i, put my hard hardered money down, on this, team you know took the over, and you know we don't want any, catalog THAT thing but I do think i might. DO it again i do have confidence. IN this team i do have confidence. In this, staff and uh, you know this we said. At the beginning whatever this offensive line ends up putting, together and doing that's going to be where the wins. And losses come is if you Can give them tears some time to to do some cooking and get out there, and you know get the ball. To his playmakers this this offense is going. To be good and that, bar is low and, there's you know everybody's a little gun shy. About the injuries we see it just in the chats and. In the comments and last year it was just. A freaky Year and, So i'm, hoping i'm really really really hoping that it. Is time around, that's you know this team just goes and Puts in a yeoman's for every single week and then deal with whatever it is at the end.
Speaker 3: Of the season.
Speaker 1: That's all. We're looking forward, So good. Stuff we're out thank you. For pulling up hit the like button if you're new, To the Channel subscribe rate review. Give us five we appreciate y'all joining us again. For another live we're gonna get. Back on, track of course we'll be back. Up this weekend if we Get the kindle adobe interview, coming up soon we probably will have that pop Up. For our wednesday I'm flying To, vegas on, WEDNESDAYS so well i. Won't be around i'll be getting ready to get my drink on and my college. Football gamble on So share why because sharing is caring, And Uh. Yeah Happy st patrick's day if you're Watching. This on monday that's why we're rocking, our green now, just IN case because i don't want to buy. To pinch me we will talk see you out a bit pace