Speaker 1: Turn up, die, feel the vibe, Get ready to at night.
Speaker 2: Untold stories in the airways, Flying through the Knife, Experience Voices, Tale, soapb streaming life, Truth, dumbfoone until.
Speaker 3: Wadio Network, The Secrets Come high, new episode dating, the Mysteries dive, Great Guess, super sad so I remember I Sharing.
Speaker 1: Subscribe, join the side where truth can't hide in the eye. You have foes in the sky, crypts are can't go my own my posts in the hallway, whispering your name, paranormal beyond explain, come of Happy, get the incescoop, unlock the mysteries.
Speaker 3: Be thought of the group live streaming stories and talking to you.
Speaker 1: Super Child's buzzing.
Speaker 4: Join a group, told me net the Secrets come Alive. You'll like the sub stay leave from Mysteries by great Guests, super Child.
Speaker 1: It's a lot. Remember sharing subscribed on the side. But you're gonna also if you've got the guns and you want to explore.
Speaker 4: I'm told it's what y'all looking for. From ellis the Ghost to all that's unseen until me on Network and the World myster Reason, Think the.
Speaker 1: The the Bat, to the.
Speaker 5: Good Morning Monsters, and welcome to this week's episode of Monsters on the Edge Here on the Untold Radio Network. I am your host, Barnaby Jones from Cryptid's Anomalies and the Paranormal Society.
Speaker 6: We are live in studio today.
Speaker 5: Lee Warner says that she hopes everyone had an amazing weekend. It is hot here in Wisconsin. It is the hottest weekend that we have had so far. It's been over ninety degrees all Friday, Saturday, Sunday, and it's warming up today as well. Kim Kinkaid says she's going to rewatch this later. She's got an appointment, but checking it out.
Speaker 6: We are live.
Speaker 5: If you guys got questions or comments throughout the show, throw them in the comments section. This past weekend we were down at the Big Muddy Monster Festival in Illinois and it was still warm down there, probably warmer than it was up here actually. But guys, coming up, we have The Hairy Man of dairy Land. Wisconsin's Bigfoot documentary is out now by Cryptid's Anomalies and the Paranormal Society. You can check it out at Paraflick's Paranormal Plus streaming service or on our Patreon page at Wisconsin Caps It is a look at the entire Bigfoot phenomenon here in Wisconsin, from the evidence, the people, and the places where it has been found. Go get that and then guys, coming up, you can find me at the low Die Public Library doing a presentation on cryptosology July thirtieth at five thirty pm. That is the next event coming up. We are doing a screening of the Hairyman of Dairyland documentary with the Wisconsin Bigfoot Group. You can find the information to all these events and how you can participate either at the Wisconsin Bigfoot Group Facebook page or on the Wisconsin Caps Facebook page or at wisconsincaps dot com forward slash public events coming up, and then in July, we are going to be at the Cedarberg Public Library July seventeenth, we are doing a CE five sc gazing event with the Central Wisconsin CE five group. This is going to be July twelfth down in Adams, Wisconsin. It is open to anyone and PBS Wisconsin is also going to be there filming this event as well. Then guys, we are going to be at UFO Days in Elmwood, Wisconsin. July twenty sixth. We are going to be at Silcon in Gays, Illinois September nineteenth and twentieth, the Van Meter Visitor Festival September twenty seventh, then Nina Public Library on Wednesday, October twenty ninth for a paranormal presentation followed by a paranormal investigation of the Nina Library. And then next year we are going to be April seventeenth through the nineteenth in Cape Gerardo, Missouri for cap Con twenty twenty sixth and Fondlac, Wisconsin, May eighth through the tenth for the Wisconsin cap Con. That's what we got coming up. But guys, we are live.
Speaker 6: We are going to.
Speaker 5: Introduce our guest here, so without a further ado, Hang tight, all right, guys, My guest today is Lauren Smith. She is best known as the host of the first Bigfoot podcast, The Night Callers Bigfoot Radio. With over three hundred shows, guest appearances on other podcasts, several speaking engagements at conferences, and a decade of experience interviewing researchers, cryptozoologists, and authors all over the world, Lauren has become a recognized favorite in the Bigfoot community. In addition to being the daughter of one of the pioneering female bigfoot researchers in the United States. Lauren has also done fieldwork and research in multiple states for the past twenty years since she was brought up in the research game. She is passing it about educating the next generation of little footers, starting with her own two boys that she takes out every chance she gets to explore the wilderness. Ladies and gentlemen, please welcome to the show, Lauren Smith. Lauren welcome.
Speaker 6: Thank you for being here, Thank you for having me.
Speaker 7: I have to say that intro man, you can't beat that.
Speaker 6: I made mostly through it.
Speaker 5: I always I get your show Night Callers with Nightcrawlers, and I'm really glad I didn't mess it up because my tongue does not work this time of day for some reason.
Speaker 7: So mine either about two or three is I think whenever my brain and my body kind of link up, like hey, we're doing today, and I'm like, yeah, thank you for joining the club. Actually, fun, fun fact. It is Night Callers. As you said. However, my fans are listeners. I don't like to call them fans. My listeners are called night crawlers because everyone messes it up so badly that we decided to just go with it, just run with it.
Speaker 4: And so.
Speaker 7: They're called Nightcrawlers and we have a graphic for them that you can buy in my merch store that it's a belly crawling Bigfoot and he's eating nightcrawlers worms. So just took it and ran with it. I mean, just accept it. At this point.
Speaker 6: That is absolutely terrible. I love it.
Speaker 7: Yeah, it's fantastic, but yeah, No, that intro was great. I'm happy to be here. Thank you for having me on today.
Speaker 6: Awesome.
Speaker 5: Well, I am thrilled to have you here. So since we've since we've already kind of delved into this. For anybody that's not familiar with your show, tell people what it's about. And you've had over three hundred episodes. I know your mom started it originally, and you kind of taking it over and tell everybody what it's about and where they can listen and stuff.
Speaker 7: So Night Callers Bigfoot Radio we started over a decade ago and it was actually it wasn't the first bigfoot podcast, but it was one of the first bigfoot shows out there. We started on blog talk radio and we had people on just that we were friends with or people that we met, and then we started branching out more and more and just really spreading across across the country and then across the world. We've had people on from all over the world. And it was a call in show too, so we would have people call in and share their experiences that kind of thing, and then it just morphed into we started a series. It was supposed to be a limited series called The North American Bigfoot Researcher, and a decade later, I'm still doing that, so I still have just research. Now it's international, but I just I gets sorry, that was weird. There's other shows out Yeah, yeah, there's other show out there that do witness interviews, and to me, nobody really focuses solely on the researcher. So that's kind of my bread and butter. And then also to me, our researchers are witnesses and experiencers also, so you have that. So we have We were on blog talk radio, and then in twenty twenty, I took over the show for my mom she retired, and I took it to YouTube and the podcast platforms, and so you have over three hundred shows to go binge and catch up on, and I'm bringing you a new episode every other Wednesday. I yeah, I'm just it's I was on hiatus for the last year and so now I'm back bringing all the things very cool.
Speaker 5: I usually like to save questions to the second half, but I think this one pertains to your show, so we're gonna jump on this one here, Dookie Pickles, love that due. Do you remember a story of a woman who had a dad that used to go to a tree and speak to Bigfoot. Her father died and she went back to the tree with a tape recorder of her dad's voice and she would get responses near the tree. I heard it back in the day, and nothing, says.
Speaker 1: I.
Speaker 7: It sounds vaguely familiar, but I can't place the exact story. I'm like a walking rolodex of you know, Bigfoot experiences and stories and encounters, and so it resonates that it's tickling something in here, but I can't remember the exact story. But I will definitely ask Laurie also because she there's a chance she might remember it, mister Pickles, So, mister or missus Pickles, I'm not sure, So if you'll just drop a comment on this episode, I can respond to that after I ask her.
Speaker 6: Are you good.
Speaker 5: And for those in the comments section, I have noticed that live comments do not show up on the show afterwards, so you're you're gonna have to go back and leave the comment after.
Speaker 6: The show ends, just for yeah, absolutely for that. Yeah. Interesting. I have not heard that story either, so it's interesting.
Speaker 7: Really sounds really the first part sounds really familiar. The second part I don't remember that part of it, but the first part the tree and the bigfoot and just that being the meeting place and that that resonates like there's something in there.
Speaker 6: So yeah, awesome.
Speaker 5: Okay, Well moving on then, guys that we are live, as you've probably realized. If you do have questions for Lauren, throw them in the comments and we'll get to them as soon as possible. But you are going on now with your third generation of big footing in your family, and this is really cool because there are there are a couple of second generations, you know, but you got three, so this is really cool. So you you were really young growing up in bigfooting and now you have the opportunity to bring up your children as well.
Speaker 6: How is how is that like for you with with the whole generational aspect of this.
Speaker 7: It's it's really interesting when I started out in this. I started out in this because my mom got into this, right and so, like I say, normal kids go to Disneyland, they go to summer camps, all of that. I spent my summers in the woods looking for bigfoot evidence. With my mom. I learned how to cast tracks, how to look for various types of scat. I learned tree structures and audio. I actually learned about Excel spreadsheets through compiling data on lunar phases and citing reports and where those coincided. So that that was my One of my lessons growing up was that. So I had a very weird upbringing. My upbringing in this was quite a bit different from my own children. So when I grew up in this, there weren't any kids. There were very rarely kids on the expeditions. Kids weren't really welcome almost on the expeditions or at conferences or anything. There wasn't anything for the kids. So it was very lonely. We would go meet all these strange people in the woods. There was nothing for me to do. So I'll be honest, I hated it. I truly hated it. And then when I became an adult. I got back into the bigfoot life as an adult because I was I was very outdoorsy. I still am, and it just kind of they meshed really well. And then when I had my own children, I started bringing them to events and started providing things for the kids at the events, and then I started seeing more of that, you know, from other people as well. And so my goal is to have children be more of a part of the community than they are, give them a safe place, but use Bigfoot kind of as a lure to get kids out into nature. And so I do a presentation that I give at conferences and get togethers that's called Littlefooters the Next Generation, where I talk about how to kind of get kids interested in it and how to use bigfoot to teach them about the outdoors, teach them about geography, teach them about the habitats the animals have and the terrain, how everything comes together to support Bigfoot, how to look for Bigfoot evidence, and basically get the kids off the screens outside and use this as bait to do that, but also keeping them safe while doing so, obviously, you know, situational awareness. We can take the kids out during the day, We're going to go on a hike. We're going to look for bigfoot evidence. Kids are kids are They notice things that we don't, unless it's laundry next to the hamper somehow they can't see that. But in the woods, they notice things that we don't because usually adults are very distracted with the stressors of life, right, so kids they may pick up on something that you don't, so safely taking them out, teaching them how to research all of that, also teaching them skepticism, healthy skepticism. So that's something that I push with my kids is to be skeptical. Don't accept anything with face value. If you know, someone sends you a picture of a bigfoot, you know, obviously ask questions, push back on that. And so they do, especially my oldest he's very skeptical and I absolutely adore that about him. But we want to make sure that we're raising them with a healthy level of skepticism. But also to be kind because when someone does come forward with an experience, that is their experience and it takes guts for them to share that with you. So raising them kind and analytical and you know, it's just I think that there needs to be more of that in the community. For sure. Obviously we're not taking them out into the woods in the middle of the night, tying a t bone around their neck and leaving them and then documenting the process. You know, we're being safe about it. So situational awareness is something that I talk about, making sure you have people that know where you are, GPS, if you have that, making sure that you're prepared to be outdoors. I cover all of that in my presentation as well.
Speaker 6: That's awesome.
Speaker 5: Have you noticed with the paranormal field and stuff, we find that kids because are more open to these things like the paranormal there that because they haven't had the biases thrust upon them yet. Have you noticed that that is kind of similar with the big footing?
Speaker 7: I think for normal kids. Probably typical kids, I'll tell you my kids, they don't really they're they're more hesitant about it because they know what's out there, if that makes sense. So they're more open to it. Like if you talk about ghosts or bigfoot, dog man whatever, they don't bad and I you know, whereas maybe normal kids might or maybe normal kids were like yeah, whatever, that's sure, you know, they're not. That doesn't mean anything to them. They don't care but my kids, they definitely they know what's out there, and so they're kind of a little bit more hesitant about like at night. You know, my son, he's God love him, He's going through puberty and so he he has this amazing elk call that he can do and so and this is a very limited time in which he can do it so perfectly because of his little voice. So he does this elk call and I tried to have him do it recently on an expedition and he was just like, no, Mama, it was gonna call him the Bigfoots and they're gonna eat us. And I'm like, okay, I mean, if that's how we feel about that, we need to have a talk. You are absolutely not obligated to make the call. But I that, yeah, I'm glad you're being safe about it. But they also, I'm not sure that them eating you is one thing that we need to be concerned with right this second. Anyway. It's just they are more open minded than than most kids. But back to kids being more observant than we are, and that's that's where it really comes into play. Kids just notice things. They're so observant, and so you know, we're walking through the woods, and you know, I might be like kind of scouting around for tracks or something, but I'm also thinking about my dentist appointment that I have coming up and paying this bill or doing this, and they're not thinking about anything like that. And so they're gonna see, you know, something peeking out from behind a tree that I never would have noticed, you know. So it's kids. You can harness their little rebrains, their minds, their open minds.
Speaker 6: Hmmm.
Speaker 5: So going back to excuse me, going back to to your upbringing and stuff. So there's there's a lot of infamous Bigfoot researchers and stuff that were around back in the day in that and I'm wondering if you got to rub shoulders with with any of the big names like the four Horsemen of Bigfoot or any of the you know, the famous bigfooters that may not be around anymore, and and what you've you've kind of learned or gathered from that that you can remember.
Speaker 7: The the more northern researchers probably not.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 7: Since I've been in this as an adult, I definitely with my upbringing and with the show, I've definitely been able to meet some really amazing people well known and otherwise I have I was telling a friend the other day, pretty much any state I go to, I have a friend there that I can visit that's into Bigfoot. You know, It's just it's that community. Definitely, there were, you know, people in the South that I respect that I would that I will always take what I learned from them and move forward. Good. You take what you like and leave the rest, because some of them had other not nice views about Bigfoot and so but yeah, there's I can't think of any of the more well known. I'm sure there are, but to me, they're just people. So yeah, I mean there was There are so many big names that I've been blessed to know and research with. And then you have the people that we've lost over the years too, and that that's that's really hard also because you know, we've interviewed them or researched with them and they're no longer part of the community. Well they'll always be part of the community, but they're no longer with us. So those are hard.
Speaker 5: Let me put it this way, who's who besides your mom and your immediate family and stuff, who's the bigfooter that you kind of learned the most from growing up, not not like necessarily nowadays and stuff, but yeah.
Speaker 7: Growing up, because I can tell you, like I have a list of people now that I've learned so much from growing up. I'd have to say Luke Gross Gross. Luke Gross is out of Texas. He actually just made a big breakthrough that I don't think he's shouting out to the world at this moment, but he's about to. But he has been in it, I think longer than my mom even, and he's he's from from the old school Bigfoot generation of like they started in this from the ground of him and Bob Domingez and my mom and Cindy Goodbreak, all of them, Bear Kunbo, Matt Napp like that whole group.
Speaker 6: Luke is.
Speaker 7: Luke is like family to me, so he's like, you know, an uncle to me. He's been in my life since I was little, so I've known him forever. But he just I have to say, his knowledge is so vast, and he has tried everything. I mean, if you can name a silly experiment, he has done it. So taking like CDs and hanging them so that they're shiny and so that the bigfoot touches them and leaves fingerprints, I mean, like down to that. He has tried everything, but he's been working on a special study for the last twenty years and I think he's getting ready to unveil the results of that. So that's really, really, really exciting because he's very dedicated to the topic. He always has been. He actually used to be a co host on Night Colors Bigfoot Radio for a long time. He's a really great guy. So I would say he's one of the top three people that I respect the most in the Bigfoot community that I learned from growing up as well.
Speaker 6: Awesome, very cool.
Speaker 5: So okay, So going back back to your kids now, it's like, who do you think that they're besides you obviously, who else that you go out and research with and that do you think that they're learning the most from, who has been an influence in their upbringing?
Speaker 7: You ask great questions, fantastic questions. If he's he smoke coming out of my ears, like just know it's a compliment, like this.
Speaker 5: Is bad air here, and I'm like, oh, okay, I ask different questions because I know, like you host your own show, I do my own show.
Speaker 6: We're both on everyone else's show.
Speaker 5: You're so tired of answering the same questions of what was your first experience?
Speaker 6: How'd you get into this? I don't want to tell Yeah, what do you think?
Speaker 7: I love these questions. This is jeez, fantastic, fantastic questions. Honestly, besides my mom, because I would say my mom is who they're learning the most from. Oh gosh, I'm trying to think.
Speaker 5: We talked about, like on some other shows and stuff, about how you you take your kids out and other kids and stuff, and there's certain people that pull them aside and help them learn and you know, like, well look at this, I want to teach you about that, and how the researchers are so open with you know, helping the next generation and sharing knowledge in them.
Speaker 7: And there are it seems like every time I take them out, generally the people that I go out with, you know, because I was worried there for a long time that if I took them out, they would be seen as a burden, like, oh, she brought her kids out here, or you know, because when I was growing up, that's kind of the vibe I got. But no, that has not been the case. Everywhere that I've taken them, they've been welcome. And so I know that the Mid America Bigfoot Research Group, the guys in that group have all been very great to my kids. DW. Randy Edwards may he rest in peace. He was one that would definitely pull the kids aside. He gave us his magnum sling boat and taught them how to use it. I mean, there's there's just so many. Dennis Henderson, He's one of my dearest friends, and he he definitely is one that tries to teach them things when we go out, you know, teach them how to look for things, teach them how to be observant. I mean, there's just not I am very blessed in that the Bigfoot Research community is an extension of family for me, and so when we go somewhere, they just basically have aunts and uncles that just pitch it. They're like, here's how here's how to safely use a hatchet, here's how to build a fire differently and do this. So, you know, I wanted to put the kids in Boy Scouts, but it's like this is Boy Scouts for them, except it's more tailored to what we do in our lives. So it's fantastic.
Speaker 6: Bouts pretty much.
Speaker 7: Yeah, Yeah, there's just every I could list thirty people and still keep going on. The people that have taught my kids something great. I definitely try to teach them, you know, to be skeptical. I teach them to look for things, the calls if we do calls, which we don't generally do those, but stuff like that. There's just yeah, there's just so much, so many people. I'm very blessed to have a bunch of people in their lives that are going to teach them things. Tanya Night, I will say she taught them how to She probably taught them one of the most valuable skills. I mean, not cutting your fingers off with a hatchet is a very valuable skill to have. However, Tanya Night, may she rest in peace. She taught my kids how to sit and listen and look and be aware of your surroundings and immerse yourself in nature. And I think that was probably the most valuable lesson that they have learned. They don't utilize it a whole lot, but they've learned.
Speaker 5: So when you talk about these expeditions and stuff, do you do you only work with other researchers? Do you have public events that anyone can come out and engage in. You know, do you do you You said you had stuff like specifically for the kids, Like is this something that you have events kid centric that you teach or what do your expeditions look like?
Speaker 7: So when I say expeditions, we have I join other people on their camp outs and it's Bigfoot centered, so we are out there for the Bigfoot reasons. On an actual expedition, sometimes the kids don't go to the to the night time, like we're gonna go off in the woods, you know, just for safety reasons. But most of them, the kids are welcome. I do have night Collers campouts that are kind of get togethers for people. They're family friendly, all kids are welcome. I used to do the Keith Crab Trees Fou Monster camp out. I used to host that that was also family friendly. That was something that I really wanted. I kind of like it. It was honoring Keith and all of the contributions that he's given to the Bigfoot community through the Boggy Creek film. But I wanted it to be family friendly and I strive to make sure that kids knew they were welcome. There were games for kids, there were costume contests for kids. There were you know, just little events for kids hikes. So I work with the Boy Scout Troop out of Texarkana and or it was the cub Scout group at the time, and and I would make sure that they had one of the researchers to take them on a hike and go do you know, a nature hike and look for bigfoot evidence. There were people that we had come show them how to cast a track. We had calling contests, you know that kind of thing. So I really tried to make it kid friendly. We haven't I haven't done anything in a little bit for a night callers camp out type of situation, but yeah, I definitely would love to do that and have it be kid friendly, like bring your kids, let them meet other kids in the community, let them know they're not alone and having very weird parents, you know.
Speaker 6: So yeah cool.
Speaker 5: If you do have anything like that, or you got stuff coming up, where can people find that?
Speaker 7: So usually I'll post that across my social media's social media's I turned into Sean Connery, So I have Instagram, Facebook, I have a Facebook group for less and then I have a TikTok also that hit or Miss if I'm gonna post on that, honestly, but and then my YouTube channel, so I'll give a shout out on the show, I'll post it across the things pretty much. If you just check in every now and then on my social media, you'll see what I'm up to, what I'm doing. And yeah, you're invited. I do open invite campouts.
Speaker 5: All right, grab some questions here in the comments section, so we catch up on that, and then we're gonna transition to talking about research. So all right, welcome Lauren Smith. Did you ever get a chance to work with Kevin Lane when he was alive? His story interaction with Bigfoot glogged seemed to be closest evidence of Bigfoot.
Speaker 7: I did not get a chance to work with him. May he rest in peace? Nope? Sorry?
Speaker 6: And then I thought this was interesting.
Speaker 5: The squatching cowboy says he has a trail camera or a picture of you on his trail camera in Oklahoma.
Speaker 7: He does, he does. I went hiking with Dennis Henderson, my dear friend, and his wife, and we had hiked in southeast Oklahoma to a little there's a structure out in the middle of nowhere, and we'd hiked down there and taken pictures, and on our way back, my friend's wife, Cindy, she looked as she goes, oh, look, She's like, there's trail camps. And then we looked up and there's a gifting station. And I was just like, we're great bigfoot researchers because we're all so observant. We missed it completely on the way in, so on the way out we saw it. And so I walked up and kind of waved into the camera and held up my business card, my night colar's business card and tucked it behind the tree strap because if this person gets a bigfoot, call me, I want to know. So yeah, and then a few months later, Joe messaged me and he's like, hey, I have a picture of you. And I'm like what and he said, I got you on my trail cam and I'm like, of course it's Joe's trail cam. Great, So yeah, that was and then he sent me the pictures because he was, you know, kind enough to do so, but it was it was hilarious. Oh my gosh, it was hilarious. And it just makes you think how many times you don't see that trail cam when you're out there And I'm sorry to anybody that's caught me on that trail cam doing things. I I don't know what to tell you.
Speaker 5: That's that's a really good piece of advice right there, Just you know, get your picture on it and with your business card.
Speaker 6: Yeah, yeah, I think that's great. I've never thought of that.
Speaker 5: We've run into trail cameras, you know, out in the woods, hunters and stuff that leave them out there, and I've never thought to tuck a business card in there and.
Speaker 7: Go call me, you know, And yeah, pretty, I mean think about it. If they get bigfoot, they're gonna need somebody to contact about that.
Speaker 1: And so.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it was, it was.
Speaker 7: It was pretty amusing. I was cackling the entire time I stuck my card back there.
Speaker 6: So yeah, yes, yeah, uh, Lauren.
Speaker 5: Do you ever do collab or how often do you work with Brian Duke Sullivan of World Bigfoot Center. He is considered one of the most respected bigfoot researchers in the field.
Speaker 7: I have never worked with him, so, you know, I guess you know, if he reaches out, must collab. I'm absolutely for that, love to have him on the show or whatever, But yeah, I haven't. I haven't worked with him, yet so good to know appreciated it.
Speaker 5: With all the serious aspects of sasquatch research, have you ever had a moment in the field where something totally unexpected or hilarious shifted your thinking or opened a door to a new research angle.
Speaker 7: Hilarious. I've had a lot of hilarious things happen in the field. One thousand percent. I've learned that I'm very Although I am completely fine with gigantic creatures of unknown origins bluff charging me in the woods. I mean it's scary, yes, but like I'll be like, oh my god, this is great. That's action. I'm not okay with things skittering at me like little things skittering I and also belly crawling bigfoot freak me out. So I've learned that about myself bare acts. I have had unexpected things shift my angle on open my mind to things. So I shared this recently, Actually so I was recently. So I'm really into the infrasound phenomena. I've been experiencing that for decades at this point, you know, I've been doing this for over two decades now. I've had a lot of run ins with infrasound. I have it kind of I have it pegged to where I know when it's in for sound, my spidy senses are going. I know exactly what it is. And so I had an experience. I was listening to the Y files actually, and they were talking about Kasaov's mirror, and they were talking about it. So Kasarov's mirror, it allows you to kind of time slip is what it's for you time slip and you're allowed to do this whatever. But whenever the people would enter the room, and I was listening to this randomly, I was driving to Little Rock to get my kids, and they mentioned that when people enter the room, they were overwhelmed with this feeling in their chest and this pressure on their head and they felt the need to run. Fight or flight kicked in and they needed to run and they got nauseous. And I sat there and I was like, that's that's in ProSound, like one hundred percent. That's in ProSound. And so you think about, you know, if a creature was pushing this this energy, this frequency at you and it's causing this, you know, And so I'm sitting there thinking about it, and I was like, oh my gosh. And they said, if you sit with it for a little bit. The scientist would tell the person, if you sit with this, it will go away, and it did. And when it went away, they were looking into the concave mirror and they started time slipping. And so I sat there and it was just like, I was like, what do you do when you get hit with them for sound? You usually retreat or you react, or you turn away, you push back, like, no, I don't want this, And I thought, what if I just sit with it? And so I'm waiting on the opportunity to do that. I mean, I haven't I can't just call up my buddy Bigfoot and be like, hey, can you im for sound me real quick? So I can see what happens whenever I sit with that for a minute. But I went out researching while I did a solo camp out, and I was also researching while I was out there, and I kind of opened myself to that and thought, Okay, if it happens, I'm gonna I'm gonna sit with it, and I'm going to just let it come and let's see where it goes. And so nothing happened that weekend, really, so you know, next time we'll definitely keep because that's the thing about bigfoot research. It's not one and done right. It's consistency. You have to keep trying, keep trying things, and then when that doesn't work, then you try the new things. So that's where I am with that. And then also, boy, I learned. I learned that you don't you don't know how crazy you feel until you do this. But I was talking to a friend of mine and I was telling him about this, this this infrasound, and also my impath abilities and how how I've never used my impath abilities offensively in the woods, like you know, actively, I've I've used them to kind of gauge if something was around, but I've never actively pushed that out there. And so he was like, have you ever tried talking to bigfoot? And I was like, well no, And he's like, well, it's like free therapy if nothing else, But like, have you ever tried just engaging them, like just talking? And I was like no, like I've never m And so while I was out there, I tried it. Honestly, you feel really stupid. It's kind of like vlogging almost, I've learned, like you feel really dumb, but then it gets easier. But you still hope nobody sees you doing it, So, yeah, vlogging and talking to Bigfoot or the exact same thing I've learned I didn't have. Obviously, they did not answer me, they did not let me know they were there. But I will tell you while in that spot, because I've had some very uncomfortable situations happen in that particular camping spot. And while in that spot the whole weekend I was alone out there with my dog. I felt absolutely safe. I felt absolutely safe and content and protected. It was really weird. I don't know. I don't know if it was because I talked to them, or maybe just the vibes I was giving off were very non threatening. I don't know, But anyway, I've had so I've had kind of a shift from where I was to where I am now about the the way my research is going and kind of all of that.
Speaker 5: So I'm cool, all right, Uh, Lauren, have you had after oh my gosh, after all the interviews you've conducted and time you spent in the field, is there a single moment, whether it was an encounter or an eyewitness testimony or a gut feeling that shifted your perspective on what sasquatch really.
Speaker 7: Is not a singular event, but definitely the interviews and I witness testimony that and just kind of the feeling that I've been getting and the vibes I'm getting right now. It's not just like the Bigfoot phenomena itself. It's not just one encounter that makes me believe there's something out there, right, It's a sum of the whole. So all these encounters, all these people having this experience. So when you get into the WU, you have all these people who are experiencing things that you already can't explain bigfoot, right, but this is like an extra layer of can't be explained when it comes to this topic.
Speaker 1: And so.
Speaker 7: We know that they're not they're paranormal. We know that they're you know, preternatural. They're not just flesh and blood, or they have abilities that we don't know about, or access to parts of their brain that maybe we don't have access to. I'm not sure, but I do think that my research and my perception of them has definitely changed after all the interviews and eyewitness testimonies and conversations with people in which they were weird. They're like, you know, the thing just appeared, it was there. There was no noise, all of a sudden it was there, or there was a weird wavering in the air and then it was there. So it's I don't know if it's a portal. I don't know if they cloak. I don't know if they're inter dimensional. I don't know.
Speaker 6: But I do know that.
Speaker 7: A grizzly bear something of big size doesn't just appear right behind you with absolutely no noise and no feeling of it being there. I mean, it's just yeah, so yes, I have that's is the answer.
Speaker 5: Kind of goes along with that as well, Grandizer, says Lauren. Your thoughts takes on suggested different types of bigfoot sasquatch. Some say the hide behind is also a type of bigfoot.
Speaker 7: Is the hide behind?
Speaker 4: I have questions.
Speaker 5: It's kind of like a paranormal fay creature. It's like basically always behind you or behind a tree or something. It's you can see or feel something there, but you never actually really see them.
Speaker 6: They're kind of very interesting.
Speaker 7: I would be very interested to dive down that bunny trail or rabbit hole whatever that I wanted. I want to know more about that. That's very interesting. Maybe, So, I definitely have heard that there's different species of bigfoot like that. You know, there's like the ancient ones, and then the Sasquatch, and then the Yetti and then the and the ancient ones are more.
Speaker 6: Where are they?
Speaker 7: They're like extraterrestrials or dropped off here by extraterrestrials or something. I've heard all kinds of different theories. I definitely think there are different species. I am not sure about extra extraterrestrial or otherwise. Obviously, if I had evidence for that, I would, you know, probably be in a CIA holding cell somewhere. But yeah, I I definitely will look into that more so, thank you, grand I definitely appreciate you sharing.
Speaker 1: That with me.
Speaker 6: I love this question.
Speaker 5: The next one here and then the question and then the next common is Lauren. As if it wasn't obvious that this question was directed at you, but anyway, it is, and this is this is multiple choice. So which is the best documented bigfoot encounter? William Rowe encounter nineteen fifty five, Patterson Gimlin film nineteen sixty seven, Ape Canyon Incident nineteen twenty four, Albert Austman abduction nineteen twenty four or.
Speaker 6: E other there's a right answer, I don't. I don't know what I mean.
Speaker 7: Do I get to phone a friend or I feel like I'm on a game show. Documented Bigfoot encounter is the keyword there. I am going to go with B because I'm a huge fan of the Patty film to date. To me personally my personal opinions, I feel that the Patty film is the best documented piece of big evidence that we have or a bigfoit encounter. I know there are people out there who have made it their life's work to tear that apart, and that's fine, great for them, bless their hearts. I but I do feel like B. Yeah Z all of the above plus Freeman.
Speaker 6: I would have to agree. I would say B.
Speaker 5: But also Ape Canyon has quite a bit of documentation it does, and all the research they've done. I'm not familiar with their William Rowe one.
Speaker 7: I'm not either. I skip past that one because I'm going to have to write that down and look into it.
Speaker 1: I would.
Speaker 7: I would also add E the Hanobi Siege, the Siege of Hanoby on there because it was a lot like the Ape Canyon incident. So, but definitely B is my chosen answer.
Speaker 5: Mister Grandeiser, you have also left off Boggie Creek and Momo and some of the other recorded documentation ones and stuff. But yeah, interesting to look at you.
Speaker 7: That's a great question though.
Speaker 5: All right, your last questions so far in the comments here, and then we'll get back to other stuff.
Speaker 6: Can you make sessquatch bigfoot sounds?
Speaker 7: I mean, I feel like I could give it a fair shake, but I also don't know specifically what sounds they make, So I mean, I can you know they do whoops, howls, grunts, whatever. I can do a siren scream that will shut the woods up. The entire all the woods will go silent, and it is my favorite thing. I don't think it really does anything for the bigfoot research aspect, but it's really it's you feel very bigfooty when you do it. You're like, yes, I have shut you all up, and yes I do a good owl. Also, so my mom is affectionately called the like and then also the owl whisperer, and so I have learned from her how to do an excellent owl call. And so we will call them up and have them in the camp just talking to us, and it's fantastic. The Bigfoot part of that, the research part of that is that we do what we call, Oh this is not politically correct, and I want you guys to know that, I know that, but it's we call it the retarded owl call because it is an owl that is off and we find that in Bigfoot research a lot we have we'll hear a barred owl, and then we'll hear another one, and then we'll hear one that's just not right, and usually we believe that that is a sasquatch doing a known animal call, communicating with another sasquatch, And so we will do regular calls for owls and then add in one that's just kind of and then see if we can get response or activity out of it.
Speaker 6: All right there, I think.
Speaker 5: I think this is a comment, but I always remember in the late nineties, Coast to Coast am had a sasquatch scream that used to play often that a listener researcher sent in.
Speaker 6: It was just bone chilling. So I think that's just just a comment.
Speaker 7: Okay, I've heard some weird audio over the years. My mom has one. It's my favorite audio. Oh, it's it's amazing. She's actually uploading it to She has a YouTube that is called Squatchy Nights Audio and it e s and so she has twenty plus years of audio that she's collected from back when it was tape recorders to digital recorders, you know. And so she has she's learned over the years, as all researchers should. She's learned what is You have to learn what is not bigfoot in order to learn what might be bigfoot. So hoggs, foxes, bobcats, mountain lions, wolves, like, you have to know the vocals out there. And so, but she has one we call it the Siren Scream, and are surrounded I think is the name of the audio. And it's this bigfoot howl out in the out in the woods, like way far away, and it goes off and they're all listening with their audio recorders and they're like, oh my god, do you hear that? Do the you know, the typical bigfoot? Did you hear that? And then within a minute or two, all of a sudden, it goes off again with friends and they're right there, I mean, just surrounded these creatures howling and screaming and it sounds kind of like coyotes with other things too, and they're right there, and so then all you hear is just audio recorders and microphones bumping and slamming and car door slamming, and everybody's just running to their vehicles and piling in and you hear door slamming on microphones. It's but it's it's I get chills every time I hear it, because it's just phenomenal, phenomenal audio.
Speaker 5: I've heard you talk about as well, like your mom got audio right at your house, like calling your dog and other things. How old were you when this was going on? And was that creepy like to hear that kind of stuff.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I was a teenager, a young teenager at that time, and we would have we had something that she recorded because her dog Cookie, it was a little black chihuahua, and she would she's chihuahua. She thought she was eight foot tall. So she would run out the doggy door after this thing and just barking the whole time. And my mom is screaming Cookie, Cookie, Cookie, you know, trying to get her back, and you hear this thing go cooky. And we didn't care till later, obviously, when we played back to the audio. We've had uh, she's caught on audio. It was raining, and so she used to set up her audio recorder on the windowsill with the parabolic pointing out, and she would play it back the next day and listen to it. It was raining, and you hear drip, drip drip off the eaves, and then all of a sudden, you don't hear any drips, and you hear something step up to the window, and then it walks away and you hear the drips again. Just creepy stuff we had. She's had something slap the house that she got on audio before out here, lots of just lots of weird things, and it was in different locations. So we used to live in a lakeside community beside sam Rayburn, and that's where she got like the kookie and all of that. But here is where she had something slap the house. And she's had a lot of weird things here too, things that sound. I've been hearing things here lately that are very weird, and I will drag her outside and I'm like, listen, do you hear that?
Speaker 4: What is that?
Speaker 1: Like that?
Speaker 7: That's not a coyote, it's not a cow, it's not a wolf like it but it's very canid, and I'm just like, I don't want dog Man to be a thing. I don't want it to be a thing. I have a horrible phobia of wear wolves, which just feels weird even saying that out loud, but I do. But that's all I can think. That's all that goes through my mind is it's got to be some canid creature.
Speaker 6: I don't know.
Speaker 7: So I'm trying to get that on audio, but it keeps happening, like when I'm walking to the chicken house or something and I'm like, oh, there it is, and i have nothing, you know, to record it. When that's the Bigfoot curse.
Speaker 6: But yeah, always have audio and video run always.
Speaker 7: That's the Bigfoot curse. If you get out of your vehicle, have your recorder going, because that's when the best audio you ever hear in your life are the best you know, call or vocal, that's when you're gonna hear it. But you're not gonna be able to share that with anybody.
Speaker 5: So case in point, for anybody that's familiar with some of our work, we were going to do a haunted coal mine down in Kentucky and we pulled up parked and we have a dash cam running, and I had a GoPro running on the dashboard as well, because we were filming just b roll of the area. And we parked, me and my mom, I got out to switch the cameras to carry them and shoot the other stuff in that and in the time that the dash cam and the GoPro turned off to the time that I walked to the back of the vehicle, my mom watched a huge black bigfoot walk across the road.
Speaker 7: Of course, of course, and they.
Speaker 6: Know, yep, it had to have been there when we pulled in.
Speaker 5: But I've scoured through the dash cam, I've scoured through the go pros. There's a fence there too, so there's a fence and then woods behind it, and it's got to be just on the edge of that fence line.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 5: We found a footprint in the ditch. Everything it happened, but no footage of it, no proof.
Speaker 7: You know what happens. I mean, I would take that at this point, Like for me, is capturing evidence important to me? Yes, But first and foremost for me, it's the experience. I know people hate hearing that on shows. I hate that for you, but for me, it's the experience because I want to know. I want to know what it is. I want to know what it does. I want to know, And then if I happen to capture evidence during that time, I will absolutely share it.
Speaker 6: With you guys.
Speaker 7: But first and foremost, I want to know. I'm a curious kid. I want to know.
Speaker 5: We are coming up on the end of the show here, So guys, if you have any last minute questions, throw them in there. We'll try and get to them before we wrap up here. But my last question is, so what do you think that you've learned about these things? Like you said, you've researched all around the inte axis and Oklahoma and areas and stuff.
Speaker 6: Is there anything that you think that.
Speaker 5: You know fairly certain behavior patterns, or anything that maybe differ between locations or states, or that you've found very similar that you can kind of put a thumb tack in, or something.
Speaker 7: Something that I can count on. Basically used to when I first started as an adult researching on my own, I would go on these night expeditions and go out searching for these creatures. I would do blackout hikes and you know, just go out doing tree knocks or calls or what have you. Excuse me, and wasn't real successful. We had thermals and we've gotten a few questionable things on thermals. We might have gotten some cool audio. But I have learned over the years to go to a location, go out and hike during the day. See what's around there, See how the terrain is, see what you know, what the habitat that supports the creature, if it is supportive of a creature like that, check for evidence, you know, maybe tree structures or prints, tracks, stuff like that. And then go back to camp and at night you sit in front of a fire and you wait for them to come to you, because they're going to come to you. They depending on where you are. Now, if you're in a camp site, probably not. But like if you're out in the middle of nowhere or you're in a remote camp or something like that, there's not a lot of campers around. Go out during the day, come back at night, sit, wait for them to come to you. But situational awareness, be listening, be watching over your partner's shoulder, be looking for eyeshine, be looking for movement. Nos Like, all the senses you need, all your senses online, you need to be sniffing. You need to be looking, you need to be listening, you need to be feeling from inside what's going on around you. If you get a feeling that there's something hinky going on, pay attention to it. You don't have to react, but pay attention to it. So I've learned over the years. You can go look for Bigfoot, go for it.
Speaker 4: Do it.
Speaker 7: But if you're out in the middle of nowhere, Bigfoot's gonna find you first. They know you're there, So just let them come.
Speaker 4: To you, you know.
Speaker 7: So that that's probably what I've learned. I'm trying to think of what else. Let them come to you. Keep an open mind, keep an open mind. Yeah, we I grew up in this flesh and blood community. I was raised with they are flesh and blood only they are creatures like any grizzly bear out there. And cool an open mind because we don't actually know what they are. Yeah, So that's what I've learned over the years, and that's kind of where I've landed so far.
Speaker 6: Is uh.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I'm open to a lot of evidence. I hate AI when it comes to Bigfoot for podcasts and stuff like that. Fantastic for creating images and audios and all that. Now that does not apply to the Bigfoot vlog thing that's out that that that gold, absolute gold. I adore those videos. Those those get a pass. But I think, you know when people share videos and pictures now on the I just have to I have to disconnect and just push that away because I can't trust anything that comes out. So that's that is an unfortunate side effect of AI technology is that it it definitely is like the modern day hoaxing.
Speaker 5: So yeah, I unfortunately have to disagree with you for the first time on this show. I am so sick of the Bigfoot blogs. Really, everyone keeps sending me these videos, okay, yes, and of them are absolute garbage. There's one that I did find and one of my team members actually sent it to me, and it's a Bigfoot reading like Q and A from the fans. Oh, he's complaining about Mothman and all this other stuff.
Speaker 6: And that one I thought was funny.
Speaker 7: But I've been sent all of them, and at first I was just like, I'm not watching this, Like, I get sent so much Bigfoot stuff and that's great. I appreciate it very much. Of the time, I've already seen everything's being sent to me. But I was sent a compilation of the funniest parts of that Bigfoot blog that one. I'll forward it to you because you don't have to thank you. And then I was sent a jeep one this morning of a yetti that he's like, you're supposed to put a duck on your jeep, and he like he throws the duck at the jeep and it just kind of disintegrates. But it was it was pretty hilarious too, So yeah, so there you go.
Speaker 6: Awesome.
Speaker 5: All right, Well this is our last question here and we will wrap this up then for you. Yeah, you don't know anything about the gug Wie?
Speaker 7: Is that how you say that? Great?
Speaker 2: Good?
Speaker 7: That That's not where I was going with it.
Speaker 1: In my head.
Speaker 5: Maybe this took a dark turn on the topic. But have you ever had or had any stories that involved the gug Wie?
Speaker 6: The horror, the pure horror?
Speaker 5: And it says it is said that if a grizzly moose, wolf, bear, baldy guler, sasquatch run past you, the gug Weee is not far behind you, better start running. It's from my understanding, it's kind of like just a big, nasty bigfoot kind of creature.
Speaker 7: I feel like I've heard the name, but I didn't know which cryptid was tied to it. It makes me think of just wild man or grassman or yeah, is the grassman of Google week? Gog Week? I already forgot how Yeah, it's fine. I yeah, definitely have not delved into that. And also no thank you to that, No thank you to that.
Speaker 5: It is a let's say it is a name used in cryptosology, primarily in discussion related to bigfoot or sasquatch, particularly in context of the Beast of Seven Shoots. It is often described as a large ape like creature with distinct features and sometimes associated with aggressive behavior. Yeah, okay, seven shoots big foot.
Speaker 7: Yeah, that's why that sounds familiar. And I think Rob Gooday did A does a presentation on the Seven Shoots. So yeah, uh hmm, I'll pass. I mean, thank you for the heads up. We'll keep it back here. But yeah, if any of those creatures run past me, actually a sasquatch, I'm I.
Speaker 4: Don't know.
Speaker 7: Fifty percent of me wants to kind of stay and see why they're what is chasing them, But then the other part, yeah, I might catch a ride on one of them, like, hey, you know, yeah, goodness, gracious, I'm learning so much on this show. It's fantastic. You can see that I've been and like stuck in the Bigfoot wheelhouse for so long. I haven't really I've expanded to a few Native American cryptids that are absolutely terrifying, but definitely not those things. So I've got some homework to do. Thank you, thanks for that.
Speaker 6: Very cool, very cool.
Speaker 5: So we kind of talked about this a little bit earlier your podcast and where people can find you and stuff, but at the end here, let's tell everybody where you can get your stuff.
Speaker 6: I think I think I have your.
Speaker 5: Yeah, your link tree and the YouTube are in the show notes for anybody that so all that should be there. But anybody that's listening, where can they find you? And do you have any other events? Are you speaking anywhere? Or get anything coming up that you want to promote and show up?
Speaker 7: So you can find me on Instagram, Facebook, TikTok YouTube if you so. I do a live show also just like my friend here every other Wednesday, and so you can come catch me live with my guest. And if you can't catch me live, you can catch me on YouTube or I also take those videos, turn them into audio and put them on any podcast app that tickles your fancy. I am going to be I go to I go to events every now and then I do. I'm actually gonna be speaking at the HANOBE Conference in Oklahoma again this year. I believe there's another foul thing coming up. Yeah. I post those on my social media as well, so if you if you want to keep up with me, go over there, follow, subscribe, notify, do all the things, show the love, show the love, and show some love for this video as well, because Barnaby's doing great things over here and that intro you guys, you can't beat that.
Speaker 6: Well, thank you very much. I appreciate it.
Speaker 5: I think that's all we got. Goog we is also known as the face Eater. Yeah that's great, awesome, Yeah, definitely wrong. Let's let's go gog weee hunting now.
Speaker 7: So who's into that? I mean, who hunts these things? I want to meet them and shake their hand.
Speaker 5: Awesome lot of love for you here, great show, Thank you for sharing experiences. Thanks guys, thank you, and this one's get along. Thanks for your time, insight, questions, commentary, truly and honor much appreciate it. Stay happy, healthy, and blessed. All right, thanks guys.
Speaker 7: For listening art, Thank you guys for having me awesome.
Speaker 6: Thank you for being here. I look forward to having you on and chatting again.
Speaker 7: Absolutely, Thank you bye everybody.
Speaker 5: All right, guys, that is our show for this week. Thank you so much for tuning in. Thank you all for your questions and sharing your morning with us here in the sweltering heat wherever you are in the STA right now, make sure to go over and check out Lauren's show and all of our social media. The link tree is in the show notes for you guys that are interested. All of her links are attached to that as well as her YouTube channel, so go check that out. Remember to like, subscribe, and share all things here on the Untold Radio Network and all my work here on Cryptid's Anomalies and the Paranormal Society. Head out over to wisconsincaps dot com and check out all of our public events as well. Until next week, guys, thanks for watching, and I'll see you on the edge.
Speaker 3: BA