Speaker 1: All right. That is Midnight Possession and the band is called a Nightmare and there's a reason we're playing that. We're gonna tell you about it in just a moment. But welcome everybody. We have entered our number two Newmarrow dose of Matt Connorton Unleashed and we are live from the studios of wm NH ninety five point three FM and Glorious Manchester, New Hampshire. And of course you can stream the show from anywhere. Go to Matt connorton dot com slash Unleashed for an updated list of all of your live streaming options, social media links, contact info, show archives, etc. Etc. And don't forget about our new site, Matt Connorton Unleashed dot com, where you can find the full archive of the show. So if you're looking for a particular guest or day, you can find it there. You can search for it and it's very very easy. And I also too, just want to say hello to a couple people in the chat room. Loud Entertainment is in there as well as Awaiting Abigail, a great band from Texas we've had on the show and Loud Entertainment saying Awaiting Abigail we want you back, so hopefully they'll be touring again in our area, but that would be wonderful. But so welcome everyone, and of course Jenny is here at the news table.
Speaker 2: Presents and accounted for and right for a change, for a change.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's been been a long time and we have with us also has been a long time for this individual. Echo Ray the rock and Redhead is here. Hello, welcome back.
Speaker 2: Hey, Hey, what's up? Music freaks?
Speaker 1: And you brought us that band, the Midnight Possession there, that's that song nightmare.
Speaker 2: Absolutely absolutely hailing from Central May and Midnight Possession is tearing up the scene right now.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I'll have to check out more of their stuff. Yeah, yeah, I like that a lot. And you brought you brought a guest with you?
Speaker 2: I did. I brought my sister, my sidekick, Mary with me.
Speaker 1: Welcome Mary. Hello, Hello, Hello, and uh so what are uh oh we should talk about too, because you've got something behind you there For those of you who are watching on whether you're watching on Facebook or one of our social media channels, what is what is that? What are you? You're in town for this? Uh oh no.
Speaker 2: This is this. This is just my logo with the rock and Redhead song.
Speaker 1: Oh oh, okay, that's just my show. I like that. I like that. Yeah, but you were talking about the what were you telling us off.
Speaker 2: For this afternoon? Yeah, yeah, so this afternoon. My sister and I are actually in town today for the Carnival of Sins, which is up in Effingham, New Hampshire. Okay, and it's just a wild party up there today. We've got music from Actually I can pull it up real quick because I don't want to miss anybody. Our good friend's Lethal Creed. I'll start off with those guys. They're going to be up there coming up about what three, three thirty four o'clock. I think they said, very good.
Speaker 1: We have a track of theirs we're going to play later.
Speaker 2: Yes, we're super excited for that. We also have Hollo Virture is going to be playing there, okay, and a slew of other musicians too. It's it's going to be a killer show. We were at the after party last night and it's a pretty wild time.
Speaker 1: Okay. Okay. By the way, for anyone who for anyone listening online who is not from the area, Yes, we really do have a place in New Hampshire called Effingham. I love it.
Speaker 2: I saw that name and I said, who would have a town called Effingham? Isn't a great New Hampshire wood? And I'm absolutely here for it always, Yeah, I love it.
Speaker 1: I always love that.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so tell us about So what have you been up to because obviously, I mean it's probably been at least a year, right since you've been on the place.
Speaker 2: That Yeah, yeah, yeah, there's been a lot going on. If you've been following me on the socials, you should know by now that I am relocating out west to Hollywood.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, it's going to be a huge step. I've never lived more than thirty miles from my hometown Digs. Yeah, so three thousand, one hundred and forty four miles from my doorstep to my new doorstep. It's it's invigorating, all right, all right, Yeah, got an opportunity out there, so I just want to go out and see what I can see, do what I can do, and yeah, maybe there's an opportunity to bring some New England bands that way. Sure, sure, see what we can set up.
Speaker 1: So why why are you going tell us about it?
Speaker 2: Why not? Why not? I mean, well, so the the opportunity came Breezy Brie you may know from Signals to Noise formally and now is in tantric. Oh, here goes that. Thanks Mary, that's why she's the assistant. She's keeping me right up. Yes, yes, so Breezy Brie called me up and she found a really good deal on a very good apartment that's right in the Upper east Side Hills of Hollywood. Okay, and it just seems ridiculous for me not to go following the dreams.
Speaker 1: Right right?
Speaker 4: So?
Speaker 1: Uh so do you plan to do like what you're doing here? Do you plan to do that out there? Is that the Is that the idea?
Speaker 5: Yes?
Speaker 2: Absolutely so. There's gonna be hopefully getting back into doing some of the merch stuff that I do. I'm also looking to dive a little bit deeper into the tour scene, do like some more tour management kind of stuff, maybe some social media stuff. I really want to amp up my own socials and really start going above and beyond kicking it up a notch, right yeah, right. The whole idea of my brand is to connect the fans with the bands, so I just want to find a broader base to do that. New England is so small and I've reached just about everybody I can around here, so it's time to go out.
Speaker 1: Wow, Now, do you how do you envision this? Like, do you think you're gonna go out there and stay there? Or do you think you're gonna go out there for a while and like or do you know? Do you have any idea?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'll be completely honest, I have no idea. I have absolutely no idea, and I'm just gonna kind of wing it as I go because that's what I do. I have a pretty decent plan set up with just what I do on the side, not just the rock and redhead stuff, but my own skills that I use day to day stuff. So you know, there's definitely income to be made, and I think there's more income to be made in the bigger cities. Yeah, So I just want to give it a try. Like I said, I've never lived anywhere but thirty miles from where I was born, so there's more to see.
Speaker 5: Right.
Speaker 1: You'll probably enjoy the winter there, would imagine.
Speaker 2: I think. So it's the summer. I'm a little nervous about this. Redhead doesn't do hot summers very well.
Speaker 1: True redheads tend to burn. Yeah, so uh, when when do you go? When does this happen?
Speaker 2: So right now, I'm just working on some technicalities with my vehicle because I do plan on driving out there, and the vehicle needs a lot of work before I can make that happen. Okay, but we're going to get that in the shop in the next couple of weeks and I'm hoping the beginning of September will be the departure.
Speaker 1: Wow, no kidding? Yeah, okay, yeah, are you Are you renting a U haul or are you just cramming everything in the vehicle?
Speaker 2: Cramming everything right in my little Rock and redmobile? See me with all the local New England stickers driving around. I even have the Rock and redhead and paint marker on the back of it right now, so you can't miss me. Okay, But yeah, we're taking it, and I do hope to be bringing uh bringing my my travels live on the air too, so popping in and I don't know if I'm going to make maybe a podcast kind of deal or something with it, but you'll be seeing me out there. It's going to be fun. No.
Speaker 1: Has this always been kind of a long term plan of yours?
Speaker 2: No, not at all. Not even. I mean, what six months ago, I never would have even imagined that this would have been a thing. But I don't know, the stars just started lining up and things just started kind of moving into place. And then when Breezy came to me and asked me if I'd be interested in possibly rooming with her, it just seemed ridiculous for me to try to tell her no, right, So I was like, absolutely, let's let's do this, right, let me get my ducks in line, and I'll see you in a couple of months.
Speaker 1: She's someone you've known for a long time. It take it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, We've go back a few years together.
Speaker 1: Okay, yeah, okay, yeah, because you know, obviously you want to do this with someone you trust, right, this is a big yes.
Speaker 2: Absolutely.
Speaker 1: So she used to be in Signal to Noise and now she's in Tantrick.
Speaker 2: That's right.
Speaker 1: What is she doing in Tantric?
Speaker 2: She plays bass? Okay, yeah, yeah. She also does a lot of the tour management and stuff like that behind the scenes too. She's killing it out there right now.
Speaker 1: Is Opus still playing drums?
Speaker 3: And no?
Speaker 2: He did a couple spin off shows while they were bouncing around in this area.
Speaker 1: But okay, it's off.
Speaker 2: I think he's actually he's doing Dead Wednesday now.
Speaker 1: Okay, yeah yeah, oh very good, very good. So, uh, by the way, are you the one who brought us Lone Wolf James?
Speaker 2: That's me.
Speaker 1: They come from here. Yeah, yeah, I really like them a lot.
Speaker 2: That was me.
Speaker 1: I was trying to I was trying to remember, just uh a little bit ago. Who else, who else you brought to us, because I know you brought a few bands to us, but I know Lone Wolf James was one.
Speaker 2: Of them if you remember, right. Actually, Dark Rain, oh Dark Rock me to you.
Speaker 1: That's how we met originally, Yeah, that's right at the old studio.
Speaker 2: Yeah, d N and then I did a second interview I think it was just me, and then one with Dark Rain again and then Lone Wolf James.
Speaker 1: Okay, Dark Rain, are they still active?
Speaker 2: Absolutely fact, we've gotten awesome. It's going to be the sixteenth annual Dark Grain Barbecue is next weekend.
Speaker 1: Oh really yeah?
Speaker 2: Yeah. So that's a big shindig up at Dudley's house in wiscast at Maine. Okay, all kinds of people show up. I've been going like I don't know, something like five or six years running minus cove it, of course, but it's a big family reunion. You know, we've got four feet out. It was one of my hometown bros. I've been with them since the beginning and they're always at that shin dig, so we'll all be there together. It's gonna be awesome. Okay, And I'm actually I am seeing that gig too.
Speaker 1: Oh you are? Yeah? Yeah, Now you mentioned so you've done tour managing.
Speaker 2: Uh not really, I kind of so I kind of work my way around the band as like a band assistant or band aid, if you will, just kind of make myself available with all the little odds and ends that they may have forgotten and if they need hand pulling stuff in, loading in out, whatever. I like to make myself available and have some extra knickknacks on hands for forgotten stuff, batteries, towels, whatever, right, right, So I keep a full supply of all of that in my gig bag, and of course all my merch stuff, and I just travel around and make myself as useful as possible. But I'm hoping to do that. I want to get into tour management. Okay, that's kind of my my goal.
Speaker 1: Okay, Okay, what are like when you're when you're helping bands, like, what are what are some things that come up that might surprise people like people people who've never been in a band or have never been in the industry at all, Like what what might surprise them to know that a band might need and might need help with.
Speaker 2: Everything. Yeah, that's such a wide spectrum question, though. I mean there's there's all kinds of ins and outs, and there's I mean, anything can go wrong at a show at any given time, you know, I see cables go bad and batteries wear out, and there's all kinds of stuff. Yeah, fans moshing like people that just want to get up on stage and dance, like it's not your time to be up there, right, stand down, right. But yeah, there's there's all kinds of stuff that goes on behind the scenes. I don't even know if I'm allowed to talk about some of it. Okay, well, fair enough, you know what happens backstage?
Speaker 1: Sure? Yeah, sure, sure? So have you informed everyone that you're leaving?
Speaker 2: Yes, okay, yes, everybody's aware I'm out. There's a live video if you scroll long enough on my Facebook profile, you'll find a live video where I sit down for about twenty minutes and very tearfully, I'd tell everybody that I'm leaving.
Speaker 1: And because it would have been funny if you brought your sister here and I hadn't told her any of those since she was learned a live out the air, that would have been hilarious.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, ready, No, I actually found out about my paternity over the live radio. So that's the thing.
Speaker 1: Oh, all right, tell us that story.
Speaker 2: Oh, my parents got married live on Deaf Leopard show or live at a Deaf Leppard concert or UBLM hosted the show. Okay, and they did a bachelor bachelorette party for my parents on the morning show the day of this of the wedding. Oh really, mister guest caller calls up and tells everybody exactly who my father was. But it had been kept a secret because oh it was under an affair. Oh okay, so nobody in my family had known, and we're all looking around the table like wait what who what?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Okay, oh no kidding.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, it was it was all. Everything's great though. I ended up with the better of the two.
Speaker 1: Fathers, so that's good.
Speaker 2: Yeah, No, it was fun.
Speaker 1: That's the most supporting.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, and the Deaf Leopard Show was amazing.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah, wow. When was that two.
Speaker 2: Thousand and two thousand. It was a day after Valentine's Day in two thousand. Okay, yeah that was awesome. Yeah. My mom went a contest on as I said, w BILLM. She came up with this gimmick as to why her and my father should be married.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 2: I don't remember what the lines were, but yeah, she won the contest hands down.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: After eighteen years of courtship, they finally tied the knot okay, okay, in front of four thousand people.
Speaker 1: Oh, that's school, that's school where.
Speaker 2: H Well it was that? The civic said, Well, it used to be called the Civic Center in Portland. Okay, now cross Cross Arena. Oh okay, he gets a Crust and Crust insurance now.
Speaker 1: Oh okay. Was it the Cumberland County Civic Center before one? Okay, that's one? Oh okay, gotcha, gotcha. Well, we should play another track because you sent us some good stuff. I'm curious to play. Oh, they just followed me too on social media lethal creed.
Speaker 2: Oh those guys are killing it.
Speaker 1: Tell us about them before we play this track. In decent exposure.
Speaker 2: So I love these cats so hard. We met a couple few years ago. They came in and did one of my birthday bashes, and I actually, even before the birthday bash, I found them doing a gig with four feet out and they just blew my socks away. Killer thrash metal. They go back all the way to nineteen eighty seven.
Speaker 1: Oh wow.
Speaker 2: Yes, And currently the lineup is three dudes, three generations. You have Jacob the son on bass, Jamie is playing drums and singing the lead vocals, and the father and Mike grandpa is thrashing that guitar and they just are absolutely insane. Just recently, within like the last year or so, they've actually gone through their whole catalog and remastered, remixed everything, so you can go to all the all the platforms and listen to anything all the way back to eighty seven.
Speaker 1: Oh wow.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's pretty killer. Jez Yeah, Oh that's cool.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Where they're from.
Speaker 2: They are from southern Maine, Okay, yeah, they're like Shapley West Newfield kind of area. Yeah. They do the Monsters Ball every year in that area, which has been a big shin dig. So that's that's held usually, right, around the middle of the middle weekend of July and is also a killer party. And they're just they're just a solid group of dudes. Yeah, they really are. And their lady I got to give a shout out to their lady, Heather. She's kind of like the band hen and she handles all of them and all of the socials and all of the tour mom backstage everything stuff, and she slays it. Okay, love that girl, all right, but I think we have is it indecent exposure for them?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Yeah, And this is gonna this is gonna melt some faces.
Speaker 1: All right, let's give this a spin. Echo ray of the rock and Redhead is here and this is called this is indecent exposure and the band is lethal Creed.
Speaker 3: He Jay ex Bogs are good it Bob back.
Speaker 4: Shop Jo Jay sop Jacks Right, So the loads.
Speaker 2: Fights off by so.
Speaker 4: Big Jay sucks ex Walls are new work us. It takes you all car waste or water rocks, side Shot, Worster Turck Rwestern god Ball, fris all the side.
Speaker 3: What is ourselves for rock? The chary shot the walls Are you worry? Guys? Takes cold bal.
Speaker 5: S looked up that she us, you make the choice, you standing her. It battles the voice they had all.
Speaker 4: Like roushrogar w shot, set it up, your powdle with SiO gas.
Speaker 3: All your so small shre don't work us six.
Speaker 1: That is indecent. Exposure of the band is lethal creed as brought to us by Echo Ray the Rock and Redhead. Who is here with us today on the program. And you mentioned they're playing the they're playing the Carnival of Sins.
Speaker 2: They are, they're up this afternoon. I think they're third on to play today, right around three thirty four o'clock.
Speaker 1: Oh very good, Yes, very good. We are.
Speaker 2: My sister and I were just saying we're super excited to see them.
Speaker 1: Yeah, oh I can imagine, Yeah, absolutely absolutely. Oh we should say hello to just quickly an old an old friend of ours, Jenny. Isaac Banks is in the chat room.
Speaker 2: Hello Isaac, good morning, Sunshine.
Speaker 1: Says good morning, hashtag Matt and hashtag Jen. How are you doing this morning? I am hashtag beautiful. Well, I will say, who are these guys? Hi, Abigail, good morning saying hello to awaiting Abigail the band, Hi, ladies, awesome song. Hi hashtag Jen Coffee. Also, I am knowing as my nickname, iikeman Breezy, replying to Jen Coffee, Jen Coffee, Who are the ladies? Are they in a band? I will be right back. Hashtag Matt and hashtag Jen, I'm back hashtag Jen and hashtag Matt high, hashtag mom, hashtag Rock and Redheads of Abigail So I Quin Breezy. Isaac Bank's a bit confused. He thinks you're Abigail apparently, but you are not.
Speaker 2: I am not. I am Echo Ray the Rock and Redhead.
Speaker 1: Awaiting Abigail of course, a great band from Texas, who who we've had on the show. But and Jenny, you also said in the chat shout out to Juliana Cuts from Denver, Colorado. Oh very good, very good, and oh Midnight Possession is in the chat room and says so cool to hear us on the radio. Good morning. Yeah. We did open with the track from Midnight Possession Nightmare, really really good stuff like that. A lot ope sepsis is in the chat and says Matt Connor rocks hashtag you guys are awesome, Thank you so much.
Speaker 2: Good morning.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I was recently on The Stepsist Show with Lexi and of course Will and had a great, great time on there.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I cut some of that, Oh did you Yeah?
Speaker 1: I did? I did. Yeah, Yeah, it was a lot of fun. They do a good show because they do a lot of music industry stuff too.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Absolutely, yeah.
Speaker 2: I want to give a shout out to a waiting Abigail. Also, they recently followed me and I you know, came into my radar, so I was checking them out and I I'm really excited to hear more from them. They sound amazing.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, yeah. They played a show in Massachusetts. The name of the venue escapes me. I'd never been there before, but you know, because they're from Texas, but they were touring up here. So it's great. I actually got to got to see them and meet them that night, because otherwise, you know, I don't know what I got to see them live, you know. But but no, they're they're doing great. They're doing great. Who have you been, like, who are some of the bands that you've worked with recently?
Speaker 2: So so my biggest thing recently that I did was Brett Michaels show back in nuh May. That was in May, and that was just absolutely amazing. Did two nights and the second night was sold out, the first night was almost sold out, and just what an incredible experience working a show like that.
Speaker 1: Where was that?
Speaker 2: That was at the Hampton Ballroom, so that was awesome. I've also done a show with Sebastian Bach, got to meet him personally. Super nice guy. Don't believe all the hype. More recently on the local scene, I recently came off doing the the the Wyndom Tattoo Appreciation Barbecue Party that was an annual event. This was a quarter century mark this year and possibly his last one. But I was really honored. He asked me to come back and MC for the second year in a row. Oh excellent, and we had a killer time. I even had Mary with me, so she came to help me do my merch sales and stuff because I was I was bouncing around doing everything else. They had listed it as my farewell sendoff party. Okay, things got busy pretty quick.
Speaker 1: I can imagine. I can imagine. It's interesting you mentioned Brett Michaels because, as I'm sure you're aware, poison was in the news not that long ago. Because this was supposed to be their fortieth anniversary, fourtieth anniversary fortieth anniversary tour this year, and then I guess it all fell apart because supposedly Brett Michaels wanted more money than the other three guys. I guess he does enough. While you were there, you would know. I mean, he does such strong business just as a solo act, you know, obviously as a band with him, but you know he didn't necessarily need that that fortieth anniversary tour.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Yeah, I think he's really like kind of take it or leave it. It's it's not going to break his career at this point, right right?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Does he you like when he plays live? Is it all Poison songs or does he do any He doesn't do any solo stuff.
Speaker 2: It was pretty much all poised. I think it was all poison. There might have been one or two that were sprinkled in that weren't, but I'm pretty sure it was all poison.
Speaker 1: Does he open with because I've seen Poison a few times and they always open with look what the Cat tragged? And like always.
Speaker 2: I might be wrong, but I think so he opened with that. Yeah, yeah, I could be mistaken, Please don't quote me. Yeah that does sound like the tracks.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he is a.
Speaker 2: Very predictable kind of guy. I think you almost know what's coming out of him.
Speaker 1: Right right. I met him once. I was backstage at a Poison show. This was when they played and again this was a long time ago. They played Meadowbrook and I was working for a promoter. It's funny, this is the second time has come up on the show today. I never talked about the promoter that I worked for, but back then, but yeah, Joe Fletcher at that time was Big World Productions, so he was He did all the shows at Metalbrook during that period. And so I got to meet Brett and he I remember I was wearing a you know, we kind of bonded just because I was wearing a Kiss shirt and that's you know, we share the same favorite band. So he complimented me on my shirt of it. Yeah yeah, really nice guy.
Speaker 2: That's actually how I met Sebastian Book.
Speaker 1: Oh is it? Yeah?
Speaker 2: Yeah. I was running away from an embarrassing situation and he happened to catch me wearing his T shirt and it just so happened that he had just launched that line that night, and I was the first person that he had seen wearing it. Oh really, So he stops me dead in my tracks and he's like, hey, wait a minute, come back here, I want to see that. And I'm like, okay, so I go running back to show him.
Speaker 1: It was.
Speaker 2: It was very memorable.
Speaker 1: So what was the embarrassing situation?
Speaker 2: I walked in on the bass player having a pee?
Speaker 1: Okay, yep, oh oops, yeah, Well he should have locked the door.
Speaker 2: Well the door wasn't even closed. Oh the door wasn't even close.
Speaker 1: It's not even remotely your fault.
Speaker 2: That's what I'm saying. But it didn't stop the embarrassment for coming through.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so some people just don't I don't know how many times over the course of my life I've walked, like been like in gone into a public restroom where it's you know, a single occupancy, but for some reason the person using I know this is a total sidetrack, but it's just a pet peeve I've had where, you know, the person using the restroom doesn't lock the door even though there's a lock on the door, and you know, and I walk it and it's like oh sorry, and and inevitably they always will turn and look at me like I'm the jerk, you know, because I didn't you kind of censored yourself, like enough of it came out.
Speaker 2: My brain was about a split sticking too late on that one.
Speaker 1: No, but you're right though. They always they do they they They'll turn and glare at me like I'm the jerk. It's like, you should lock the door.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean it's absolutely not hard. Yeah, the door wasn't even I was. I was in the reflection of the window, trying to fix my hair and makeup, waiting for the meet and greet to take place, and yeah, one of the guys in the band is like, there's a bathroom right down there. Why don't you just go down there and fix your makeup. I'm like, that's a great idea, right. The door cracked. It was cracked about six inches open, so I just went to fling it open a little bit more. Yeah, and there's the bass player holding it out, and I'm like, oh okay. And I turn around and go run down the hallway all embarrassed, and then I hear that iconic voice come out from behind me. Yeah, hey, nice shirt, stop me dead in my tracks. Yeah, hey, wait a minute, come back here. I want to see that. So I spin right around. I go into the dressing room and go find him and yeah, to my surprise, the man was clad in nothing but a towel.
Speaker 1: Oh my goodness.
Speaker 2: Well every high school girls fantasy lived out right there, Ladies and gentlemen. You're welcome, you're welcome.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well, very good, yeah, very good.
Speaker 2: Untimes. Yeah yeah, local bands though, let's list local bands have been so many. Scarecrow Hill's been hitting up the scene like Crazy.
Speaker 1: Lowly got a new album they do, Yes.
Speaker 2: Loving that Hello Virtue. We're going to catch them later today at the Carnival of Sins. I can't wait to check them out. Four Feet Out is killing it right now. They're gonna be joining Lethal Creed, so they'll be at Dark Grains Barbecue next weekend as well. But the weekend after that, the twenty second, they're going to be in Brunswick at the Social Goose with Lethal Creed and three FD, who is also killing it out there right now. We're gonna be celebrating Jamie and Paul's birthday that night, so we're super excited for that little family reunion. And that's probably gonna be my last gig before I take off.
Speaker 1: Wow, okay, yeah, all right.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I've said it online now, so I think that makes it official.
Speaker 1: Right, right? Absolutely, Well, we should plan others. So you sent us this, Now, this is interesting because this is under the horizon. You've been on the show many times. Love them.
Speaker 2: Yes, I was just gonna name drop them too.
Speaker 1: But this is so you've got this one of my personal favorites.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, love them. I found them out on the road. I don't remember if it was last year or the year prior, but the they just blew my socks right off and I had to know more about them and where they were. So I've been following them ever since and they have taken the scene by storm. They're popping up everywhere, and I mean they really have like the it factor if you will, you know. I mean, they've got the stage presence, they have the workmanship, the ethic. They an ethic that you don't even see out of young kids these age anymore, which I absolutely love, absolutely, But they're out there just killing it and I am so here for it.
Speaker 1: But this is what we've got here. So this is an unmastered.
Speaker 2: Yeah, this is a special treat that we were given by them this weekend. It is an unmastered first sneak peek released. They are planning on having it on their upcoming album. I did put some notes down because I didn't want to miss Okay, So the Gospel of October is the name of the album and that is set to drop, if you can guess, in October. So I'm super excited to hear that because that's going to be crazy. But this is a little unmastered version of Angel of Mercy. It's gonna be the first single that they drop when they do release it, hopefully in a couple of weeks. Try looking on all of their socials to find out more.
Speaker 1: So I know we're playing this.
Speaker 2: Yes, I think they're even tuned in right now, Okay.
Speaker 1: Go yeah, yeah, all right here it is unmastered. This is uh Angel of Mercy from under the Horizon? You crazy? You want to take a bay when you know going around?
Speaker 2: Can you come stop?
Speaker 3: Came out? Do you have you.
Speaker 2: Come home?
Speaker 1: My lest you by all I say?
Speaker 3: You don't.
Speaker 5: Say guys, wes you.
Speaker 1: You cannot pull.
Speaker 5: Time shopping.
Speaker 2: Sounds.
Speaker 3: Let it's not.
Speaker 1: You as my time friend.
Speaker 2: I'm not with you.
Speaker 1: Talk h there. It is a little sneak peak for you, unmastered. That is Angel of Mercy from Under the Horizon and that's gonna be coming up and uh Echo Rays here the Rock and Redhead and you said it's gonna be uh October. The Gospel of October is.
Speaker 2: The Gospel October is set to drop in October.
Speaker 1: Very cool, very cool that you.
Speaker 2: Can catch them before that though, if you had to spare time recreation on the fourteenth. Yeah, and then also on the sixteenth, they're going to be at Platinum City Gaming with Scarecrow Hill, Hand of the Tribe Dead by Wednesday and Major Moment.
Speaker 1: Oh wow.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's a killer lineup.
Speaker 1: That's a big show.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's really good.
Speaker 2: Yep.
Speaker 3: Cool.
Speaker 2: So we're excited for them. I love them.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I told them, if they keep doing what they're doing, I have no doubt we'll be Rebinolo's in La together.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Oh that's that's great. Oh you asked me off air about loud Entertainment. They're in the chat.
Speaker 2: Yeah, dig those guys.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: You're seeing them everywhere, are you?
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah, they've been very very busy absolutely well. Of course, Baboo just passed away.
Speaker 2: He was tragic.
Speaker 1: Yeah, a couple of weeks ago. Yeah, I know he'd been and I never get you know, he'd been on the show. I never got to know him very well, you know, we'd see him at shows, and of course he was on the show show with us once, I think, but interesting guy.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I had hosted an Ozzy Osbourne tribute show back in September, right after his passing, and uh, one of my one of our mutual friends, had connected us, like, your your passion for Ozzie, you two should know each other. Yeah, and so we've kind of been facebooking back and forth a little bit here and there because we both run in the same circles. But we never met. Yeah, and I was really sad to hear of his passing because we never did get that chance. And I was hoping to because he was a really rad dude from everything I could tell.
Speaker 1: Right right, So what's uh? Oh by the way, oh, Isaac Banks and the Facebook chat says sepsis, hope you see my videos of me Ikeman Breezy on YouTube, and uh, Isaac says, hashtag ladies check out Ikeman Breezy my videos on YouTube. I hope you'll check out Ikman Breezy.
Speaker 2: We'll check out Iikman Breezy.
Speaker 1: Oh it's something.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, Iikeman Breezy. Make sure you give Echo Ray the Rock and Redhead a follow to.
Speaker 1: There you Go, There you Go. So what's uh? So are you going to try to get I assume you're going to try to get as many shows as you can before you head out to California.
Speaker 2: Not really. I'm kind of winding it down now, are you. Yeah. Yeah, I gotta slow down a little bit because I'm too busy just trying to get this move to go through.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: There's a lot of things to close out and cancel out. Oh yeah, yeah, it's busy. Yeah, So I'm winding down. I've got I think there's a show pretty much every weekend right up into September. Yeah, and then that's that's about it. And I also do DJ gigging too. A lot of people don't really know that.
Speaker 1: I don't know that.
Speaker 2: Yeah. There's my friend Dudley who is also in Dark Rain. He runs the rain Maker Enterprise as well and does some DJing stuff, and he's asked me to come in and do some DJ gigs with him.
Speaker 1: Oh cool, And I love it. I love it.
Speaker 2: It's it's so fun crashing Pole's wedding. I love to I love to celebrate love. That's so much fun. Yeah, so he's been kind of picking me up and putting me in little places where he can between now and then, just to make the extra money to get out to LA with. It's my understanding. LA is a very expensive city, so yeah, I'm gonna learn real.
Speaker 1: Quick in a very expensive state.
Speaker 2: So yeah, so I'm just making all the money I can before I head out. But I am trying to slow down the rock and Redhead a little bit right now, just just so that I can breathe and make sure that all my ducks are lined up properly for this move.
Speaker 1: Yeah, no doubt, no doubt. Where should people go online to keep up with everything that you're doing?
Speaker 2: So I have two Facebook profiles. My my my personal page is the most predominant one where I do most of my access, and it's just simply echo ray e c h O Did I smell my own yes? E c h O r A. My grandmother always told me I really need to slow down and talking and I always talk too fast, and she's not wrong. Or you could also find me echo ray the Rocking Redhead. And that is on all of the socials Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, Twitter, It's not called Twitter anymore. That shows you how old I am.
Speaker 1: No, a lot of people still call it Twitter. It's out of habit cool, all right, Yeah, I wouldn't worry about that, all right. I love it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but just look up Echo Ray the Rock and Redhead and you can find me out there for sure.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 2: I do have a YouTube page, but there's nothing on it yet, just simply because when I actually do launch it, I want to launch it with like a special formulized kind of plan, and I haven't quite figured out what that is yet. Okay, So if anybody has any ideas, let me know, right right.
Speaker 1: Very good. Do you want to also remind people what's going on today for people listening live?
Speaker 2: Absolutely so today. I dragged my sister out of the house today for last night. Actually, we've been camping out since last night at the Carnival of Sin. It is in Effingham, New Hampshire. There is a whole bunch of wild stuff going on. We've got lethal creatives. We've mentioned several times my one of my personal favorites. Those guys are going to be up.
Speaker 5: I have.
Speaker 2: Fill in some time for me here. I can't find the list here.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, yeah, yeah, Well here. I'm going to give you something even more to think about, because I think we should close with a Lone Wolf James song. But I was gonna ask you to pick one, So now you have two things to think about it once, see, because I've got a bunch of them here, you do. I've got a whole album's worth here. But I don't know if, if, if you have one that that you would prefer to close the segment.
Speaker 2: Let's go with a classic. Okay, Cradle to Grave.
Speaker 1: Cradle to Grave. I figures that's not one of the ones I have.
Speaker 2: Oh all right, that's the most viewed one on YouTube. And you don't have that one.
Speaker 1: That's not one of the ones I have.
Speaker 2: What do you got?
Speaker 1: I got first Breath forty five? Here here comes the pain hypertension to hypertension, hypertension. Okay, so I'll get that loaded up. And what are you looking for again? Over there?
Speaker 2: I'm looking for line up for this afternoon.
Speaker 1: Oh for Carnival of Sin Yeah in Effingham, which is fun to say. I love it.
Speaker 2: I love it so much.
Speaker 1: Yeah, far, what's that?
Speaker 2: It was about an hour and a half here? Oh okay, is that right? Mary?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Oh, Mary's got something for you there.
Speaker 2: No, I need the list.
Speaker 1: Oh but yeah, if you are just joining us, we've got the rock and Redhead Echo Ray here with us live in studio.
Speaker 2: We are rocking it today where we've got Under the Horizon and Lethal Creed and Midnight Possession in the house today. And it would just be so much easier to fans could just post it right at the top of the page, right right, this is what's happening.
Speaker 1: Today, right pin that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, absolutely, if I could just find the event, I think.
Speaker 1: But is this oh you found it? Is it a multi day thing?
Speaker 5: Yes?
Speaker 2: It started last night. Okay, people were putting their tents up pretty pretty what like three o'clock in the afternoon, I guess they started putting this stuff up. Thank you so much.
Speaker 1: Heather.
Speaker 2: My girl, Heather, she's got my back. She just sent me a screenshot of the list. So this is this is the same woman that I said was the band hen for Lethal Creed and she's got me covered too. So I love that woman so much. You better be prepared for those ultimate squeezes today, Heather. All right, So music starts at two o'clock this afternoon, and we're gonna kick it off with Horsefly Gulch.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah we got to Yeah yeah, yeah.
Speaker 2: We checked them out at the barbecue that we did a couple of weeks ago in Casco. Stellar dudes all the way.
Speaker 1: Around, even on the show.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, absolutely, Heart Divided, Lethal Creed Ta Shane, Dawn of End Oceans, and Ghost Haulo Virtue Creating a Sinner. I'm a little hesitant in saying this, but I do have the headliner listed as Slay the Giants.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 2: The only reason I'm hesitant is because I heard whispers last night that they may have had to pull out. Oh okay, I don't want to confirm or deny that, so please take that with a grain of salt, everybody, Okay, but that that's the lineup that I have currently as of right now, Okay, and it's stacked, and I'm super excited.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah. People camp out at that.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah yeah. She and I camped, doubt.
Speaker 1: That's something I've never done, is camping. I'm terrified of deer ticks.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, yeah. I mean, you know, you get the bugs bury and stuff for that.
Speaker 1: It's really it's a big problem in the Northeast, but it is.
Speaker 2: It can be. I haven't had a single tick on me yet this year. That's good.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I've also been dosing up on the on the bugs Bury.
Speaker 1: Yeah no, that's very smart, very smart. Yeah, they're bad. This year. I got a bitten by a some sort of beetle recently landed on my neck. Oh and uh and I don't even know why it happened. And apparently they don't sting. They don't have stingers. They literally bite you. It was horrifying.
Speaker 2: It is horrifying. I wouldn't want that at all.
Speaker 1: And I wasn't in the woods or anything, but uh, it just happened. Yeah, very very strange. But uh, Echo Ray the Rock and Redhead, thank you so much for joining.
Speaker 2: Us, my absolute honor. Thank you so much for having me.
Speaker 1: And uh yeah, we'll close out with this. What should we know about Lone Wolf James. You want to give them a plug before we play this track Hypertension. They were on the show, but if you want to.
Speaker 2: Yeah, So I'm lone Wolf James has some shows coming up. I'm not really in the loop as much as I'd like to be, to be perfectly honest.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I know.
Speaker 2: He's just recently joined up with a with a wrestling deal. So he's going to be doing some some wrestling shows.
Speaker 1: Okay, interesting and.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean I there there was some miscommunication and some misunderstanding between when I was leaving and me. Ways. Oh so things kind of shifted dramatically and unexpectedly. Okay, so I'm a little out of the loop with them. But yeah, stellar group of dudes. I love them with all of my heart. They're my brothers. And Hypertension personally is one of my all time personal favorites.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 2: Gary used to dedicate that one to me personally almost every night he played it.
Speaker 1: Oh no kidding, Oh wow, love that one. Oh, very cool, very cool. So we'll close out the segment with this, and uh, if you are listening live on Saturday, stick around. We've got Lou Antonucci coming up in the third hour. He's gonna play live for us. But Echo, Ray the Rock and Redhead, thank you so much, my pleasure, Thank you,