Speaker 1: Hello, everyone, Welcome back to another episode of the Poker Go Podcast. My name is Donnie Peters. His name is Tim Duckworth. Big, big, Big PLO episode. That's pretty much all we're going to be talking about today on the show. We got PGT PLO series coming up. We got Super High rollerble PLO, we got the PLO roundup down in Texas. I mean, it's just plo plo plo. It's everywhere. It really is beautiful. Some would say the great game. Shout out to Joey Ingram, who I think you saw yesterday. What was that for?
Speaker 2: Wow?
Speaker 1: Just the Joey Ingram sign.
Speaker 2: I don't know if Joey listens, and if he does, he's probably gonna yell on me.
Speaker 1: But well, he puts you on his Instagram story and called you the commission.
Speaker 2: So but he always, like I see him at these CPT events. I walk past him like five times and he says like the same thing every time, like, haw's a going commission. I'm like, it's going, Like.
Speaker 1: I mean, that's like when I say to you, like, what's.
Speaker 2: Up, like five times in like ninety minutes.
Speaker 1: Though, Yeah, you know he's just checking in.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's fine. Maybe I'm just a bit withered when it comes to the CPT events. I don't know, you know what can I look, I'm one more event. Okay, these CPT events that have been sponsored by Jing, which is a really like fancy sushi place in Vegas. I've heard it's excellent. What I've tried for free isn't by you. I don't know, No, I thought it was on the strip, no idea. It's sensational. Yesterday, you know, my wife goes, do you want to think? What do you want for? Do you want anything for dinner? And I go, no, I'm going to the studio. They have Jing tonight. I was looking forward to a little bit of sushi. I get there. No, Jing, They're just like ruined my evel.
Speaker 1: In Downtown Summerline.
Speaker 2: Okay, ruin my evening.
Speaker 1: That's how you say, by you, budd, I mean you can just you know, you can take the white.
Speaker 2: I kind of forging. That's where That's what I'm kind of. That's what I'm going to pull up the menu.
Speaker 1: I am right now. I mean there's no prices, so.
Speaker 2: Well, that shows how expensive it is. When there's no prices, that means expensive.
Speaker 1: I don't think it I probably don't think it's that bad. I mean, it's probably pricier than like, you know, the places where we go to two ship. It's not gonna it's not going to break the bank. I mean, I think it's all right.
Speaker 2: Might not break yells, but it might break mine.
Speaker 1: Definitely gonna break mine. This episode of the Poker Girl Podcast is brought to you by the Poker Stars NAPT. The NAPT returns to Las Vegas this November. That's just over three weeks away. The series runs November one through tenth at Resorts World. The series is headlined by the fifty three hundred dollars buying three million dollars guaranteed main event. The schedule has a whole bunch of stuff and has something for everyone, buyings ranging from two hundred and fifty dollars up to twenty five thousand dollars. Some other schedule highlights include there is a series opener five hundred and fifty dollars mystery bounty that has a three hundred thousand dollars guarantee. There's the eleven hundred dollars run Good open with a four hundred thousand dollars guarantee. There's a five hundred and fifty dollars buying NAPT Cup that also has a three hundred thousand dollars guarantee. And then, because this is a PLO heavy episode, I might as well point out the PLO events on the schedule, and PLO enthusiasts should know that there are eleven hundred dollars buying and fifty three hundred dollars buying events on the schedule for pot limit Omaha. To learn more about NAPT Las Vegas, visit PokerStars Live dot com slash NAPT slash Las Vegas. And if you are listening from Michigan, Pennsylvania and New Jersey, be sure to check out the Poker Stars lobby in your state for qualifiers and chances to win gold passes. To get out to any APT Las Vegas, Tim and I will be there. If you are there, come and say hi. We love to meet the listeners.
Speaker 2: All right.
Speaker 1: P l O baby, I mean the PGT might as well the PLO GT. I mean it's NonStop.
Speaker 2: We have the next one six.
Speaker 1: Weeks, seven weeks something like that.
Speaker 2: Yep.
Speaker 1: So first off we have the PGT PLO series, then we have Super high Rollable PLO. Then we have the Texas PLO roundup. Those are for the series. Sprinkled in there are two events on the NAPT Las Vegas schedule that are no holding that do count for the PGT, but the for the foreseeable future, it is all pot limit Omaha dominating the month of October for sure. On the PGT. First up, we have this PGT PLO Series two presented by PLO Mastermind. And the reason that it's PLO Series two is because we already had one earlier in the year. This time around nine tournaments, all of them are PGT qualifying. I personally feel like it's a much better schedule flow this time around, where we have the PLO Series first and then that leads into the super high Rollable PLO. For you, sir, how do you feel about the schedule that you've put together? Is it different than last time? Has anything changed? Like, look, run me through it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we've definitely made some changes. The biggest one we did was we removed the cap on the re entries excluding the main event. So in series past, the bounties unlimited entries, the other events all had two re entries, so you could be in for three bullets total. This year it's gone. These guys are coming into Vegas from Finland and Europe and Brazil, wherever they're coming from. They want to gamble, they want to play, so we remove the cap off the re entries. I don't think it's going to affect anything too much. You know, if you're in for three, you want to gamble that last one. Now you can. You know, we see a very heavy you're in for all of them, or you're in for just one kind of way at the studio. So that's probably the biggest change religive to the whole schedule. But I do, like you mentioned, I like this flow a little better. You know, we have three to five k's to open. We bring in the tens, then the fifteen and the main event, and we conclude with a five K boundary. I love it. I love the schedule. It's you know, one event shorter than last time. It's all plo high. We've done some you know, we've experimented in the past. We've had we've had a high low. Last year we did the concluding event. Sorry not last year in March. We closed with a five thousand buy in Dealer's Choice, so that included double board and included high Low included High. Wasn't that good, didn't get a great turnout, So we said, you know what, We're just we're sticking to a nose. We know what works PLO high only that's what this series is. Come gamble, come dejenet up, Come make some prop bets and win a lot of money.
Speaker 1: This is the only series that I would ever suggest this for, so I'm going to suggest it. Okay, you should get a special trophy made for the player that fires the most entries.
Speaker 2: We could just send it to Finland because every time.
Speaker 1: I mean, but it would just be funny for you to like walk out, like during the last day and like present this to the person who had the most.
Speaker 2: It should be like a wheelbarrow of cash, like a like a little bronze wheelbarrow or something.
Speaker 1: No, it should be maybe like like I mean, well, it's hard to tell because you don't necessarily know how they're doing. They might fire fifty bullets and actually win money. If not, you could just have like a pile of money that's lit on fire. That would be cool. Or you could just have a pile of money and then like you could light it out, you know, they let like maybe a Jing the restaurant that you love so much. Maybe they bring out like some sort of flaming dish, you know, like you can have this flaming pile of money you can walk out with it. I'm not sure if that would be some sort of fire hazard a studio, but I think we can. They bring out cakes that are lit by the candles and stuff come.
Speaker 2: On sandal soared paper on fire.
Speaker 1: It's not paper, It's like you would have it be metal, but you would put like, you know, gasoline on it or something and just light that part of it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean that would be fun. All I can think of is the the Batman picture of the joke heat Leisure's joker standing in front of that cash that he lit on fire. Maybe we can turn that into some painted artwork or something. But the one last thing before, you know, I just want to add to this for the first time. You know, we're not We're putting Aria is putting a five seat guarantee. I'm both the satellites running on October twelfth and thirteenth. It's a five hundred sixty dollars buying. You can win entry into the one of the first three events. Five seat guarantee. Make sure you get down to Aria. They kick off a one pm from the poker room. Yeah, big ups the Aria for putting the five seat guarantee on.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's that's very cool. To be honest, it might entice me to come down there and fire one of those satellites. I mean, I'm not really a PLO guy, but.
Speaker 2: You might think there's some overlay, some value there.
Speaker 1: Well, I mean, I just you know, it just kind of it sets an expectation. There's a floor there, right, so I know that, you know, even it's just just you know, you don't you don't know when there's no guarantee. With a guarantee, you know, you know it's going to be that that that baseline of what you're getting at. So, I don't know, we'll see how it goes. Maybe if I kick this sore throat, I'll be down there putting my five sixty in. What's your expectation for the turnout? Have you been talking to these guys you mentioned, those guys from Finland. I mean they always come over with a group, they make a golf trip out of it, the whole thing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, I'm always going to expect those ones I know obviously two of them recently had kids, so that throws a little wrinkle. I don't know why you can't come for nine days, but whatever. PIOLO is a hot one to predict because we every series we see people we don't expect, you know, whether it's high role of players that we've never seen in the studio. We just see a bunch of randoms that come out from nowhere and win the whole thing, like Daniel Jing did in PGTPLO Series two of Lost You. So I'm always bullish on PLO. It seems to be the game that's kind of really taking off of us as you know, mixed games or anything else. Honestly, you just want everyone to come down and we can hit some you know, can we break one of the records we've set in previous PGTPLO Series two.
Speaker 1: Questions One is on like, you know, who do you expect to be there? Somebody that I see on the PGT leaderboard, Ellie Nakash, Would you expect him to come because he's the one who probably not on our radar before the World Series of Poker. Yeah, and he goes to the World Series of Poker as so many players do like you just have a breakout time in poker at the World Series because it's so big, everyone's kind of shot taking there, all that sort of stuff. He won the ten k POO for over one point three million dollars. He cashed in the twenty five k PLO, so he's sitting currently in twenty fourth on the PGT leaderboard. And yes, that is within the top forty. So yes, it does currently qualify him for the million dollar free roll.
Speaker 2: No it doesn't, okay, but.
Speaker 1: He needs to finish in the top forty and get his third cash. You'll let me finish their buddy.
Speaker 2: Sorry, my bad?
Speaker 1: Yeah cash? Does you need three? So is he someone who like is this on his radar? He comes out like he's from France, it says, so you know, it could be a long trip. Who knows.
Speaker 2: That's the problem. We obviously have WSP Europe going right now. I don't have a contact for him, so he's not in the email list or anything, so it's hard for me to make him aware unless he's not aware himself. And obviously, if he's in Europe, he's probably playing the PLO events at King's Casino with some of the other.
Speaker 1: Have you put this, uh this beef to bed with Sean Deep because he's in Europe.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's not coming.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but you could tell him to tell Ellie he could be your guy. Are you guys still beefing?
Speaker 2: He's still dead to He's still dead to me. You know, he's he's gotten fat again. So I don't really worry about him. But I am confident that if Ellie is playing PLO events at King's Casino or playing cash games, I would bet that you know Yam, Peter Yutman, Richard Greicho, Yoni Elias, all these guys are there playing and it would come up, where are you going next? Oh, I'm going to Vegas for the PLO series. PLO series? What's that? And then it kind of goes that way. So I would hope to see him there in that same boat that you've mentioned. Another guy just outside the top forty and needing two cashes, Joshua Adkins. He is aware because I spoke to him at Aria when he played one of the Aria high Rollers during the summer. I said, hey, you know, congrats one, I think you finished second. Congrats on second. I actually covered your best bet when on the WPT a few years ago. But hey, by the way you were, I think he was like twentieth at the time. You're twentieth on the leader board, have a big PLO series coming up, blah blah blah, and I kind of filled him in on all the details of that, so I hope we see him there. Same with another PLO winner. I think he won the twenty five K David Eldridge sitting forty fifth on the lead of board. He's obviously played in nas studio before for other No Limit Hold the events as well, so you know it's promoting this series is tough and we kind of do our best to get it out there. But yeah, for some of these non for the people not aware of the studio or have never played in there, it is it is a little tougher to make sure they're aware of the series.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Atkins did finish second that ten kpolo behind Nikash and Eldridge did win the twenty five kp O high Roller. He'd bet Brian rast In heads up play more than two point two million dollars for David Eldridge there. My other question to you is do you think it would have been better to do the Texas PLO Roundup first, then do Plo series, then do Super High Roll. Well, the thinking is that you get some like lower buy in players who might you know, play into the thirty three hundred dollars main event that we'll talk about as part of that roundup series, hit a big score and they'd be like, Okay, I'm going to Vegas type of thing, you know, shout out Mike mcdee from Rounders.
Speaker 2: That was actually the original plan. The original plan was to have it. Well what happened, well, we had worked with our partner and they didn't feel like they had enough time to promote it and hit the guarantee. Plus they already had a fall series scheduled, so it's a little bit of a conflict. You know. If we could have started planning this at the start of the year, it definitely would have fallen before we could have synced up everything, promotion of the series on their streams, et cetera, maybe work on some satellite packages to get people coming to Vegas. But yeah, it was the original plan didn't work out, but it's something we definitely want to kind of really look to do next year is make sure this, you know, the Texas Roundup if it happens again falls before the PLO series.
Speaker 1: So you mentioned how these these turnouts are always really good, and they are for the PLO stuff. The first ever PGTPLO series holds the record for largest owned and our rated PGT event had two hundred entries in that opening five K event. The twenty five K finale that's always part of these series always draws very well eighty three, seventy five and seventy two entries for the three that have been held so far, so pretty safe to say it'll be right around the same this time around. You have great points opportunities for Stephen Chidwick, Sammy Sippola, Ronald Kaiser, Alex Foxen, Tyler Brown, Bryce Jockey, samso Overall and Sean Troja. And the reason why I mentioned that group of players is because they are outside of the top forty currently but within the top seventy five, so within striking distance of getting into the top forty. Siple, I believe is one of the two that just had a baby, so questionable. I guess if he's going to come out. And then Chidwick, I mean he missed Poker Masters. I think he's you know, currently moving, so you know who knows if he's going to come, so we'll see, but I would expect all the other guys to be there for sure. They usually are, so yeah, and then it's also a great spot for the leader on the PGT leader board, Jeremy Osmas. You know, he's obviously extremely well versed when it comes to pot limit omaha, and he's going to have a bunch of events here that he's going to be playing. He's also playing the Super High Rollable PLO for sure. He has action listed on poker Stick. I don't know if it's still available, might have sold out recently, but Daniel Legron, you did a ad action. He added two bullets, Josh, so did josh Ari. So that's that's very cool. If you guys want to sweat that, you can head over to poker stick dot com and just navigate to that event and pick up some action there. But yeah, Jeremy Osmas currently leads the PGT leader ward two thousand, three hundred and sixty nine points twenty one cash is just under five point four million dollars in winnings, but no wins yet. I'm going to say he gets his first win in the PLO series. That's what I'm going to say. I mean, he's due for hey, he's in enough, second, third, fourth place finishes like you know he's gonna get one.
Speaker 2: Of course he's due. But i mean, come on, let's precedence being set doesn't know how to close.
Speaker 1: I mean, it's funny. This is kind of like that stretch of time that at Negron you went through for so long, where you know, Doug Polk's out there making videos and saying like he's losing all this money. He's losing all this money. Where's the Jeremy Osmas losing all this money video? Wow? Because Jeremie Alisma's is crushing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's crushing.
Speaker 1: Maybe he likes Jami Osmas more.
Speaker 2: It's probably that too.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean we could we kid. This episode of the Poker Gol Podcast is brought to you by PLO Mastermind, where you can learn to become a PLO end boss, and the perfect time is now because we're getting into all this PLO stuff, so you might as well step up your game a bit. Unlock access to the very tools and strategies used by the pros, alongside invaluable insights from leading four card and five card PLO experts. Create a free account today over at plomastermind dot com slash poker Go to get started again. That's Mastermind dot Com slash Poker Go. No credit card required, all right, Jumping into the Super High Roller Bowl PLO. Is it still the biggest buy and PLO event in the world. It's not tied Tide, but it's that still means it's number one, t Dash one, okay, Tide, Sure, I mean it's side.
Speaker 2: I mean I was. I'm just trying to look up the rake of the of the WSP one because that kind of matters.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but I think there's a Triton one.
Speaker 2: Is it China WSP Well, I.
Speaker 1: Think there's there might be one in Paradise, But then I also think that there's there was a Triton one that already happened. But then I think there's one coming up at Paradises.
Speaker 2: And it's the same rakes the same So Tide, we'll keep it with Tide.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, whatever quickly. The the PGT PLO series is October fourteenth through twenty second through twenty second, and then there's a day off which is actually going to be a satellite day NK satellite for the one hundred thousand dollars buying Super High Rollable PLO and then Super High Rollable PEO three days October twenty fourth through twenty sixth All three days are going to be streamed. Last year had thirty eight entries. Jared Blessnick won it for just under one point three million dollars. It was a pretty wild ride if you took the If you took the Blesnick show, you know, he's opening packs of cards, He's just being full on Blessnick the whole time he was on. He goes on to win the tournament.
Speaker 2: It was.
Speaker 1: It was pretty incredible. Final table took I don't know, felt like thirty hours, felt like day. Yeah forever. So thirty eight entries last year more or less this year. I mean, what's your expectation turnout wise? You have a better finger on the pulse here than I do for this sort of stuff.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Obviously we had some issues last year with the timing. Like you mentioned earlier in the episode, it was before the PLO series, so that actually hurts it. We had several players say I'm not playing it. I'll play the plot series, but you know, I'm not going to just be minus one hundred thousand or two hundred thousand to start the PLO series. So first of all, that change should be positive. Second change we made was day two entry. That should also now give up players options that are traveling that maybe skip the PGTPLO series to come, you know, on day two register with. I believe it is a lot of big mines. That's all that matters. That should help the problem is if you've only got one hundred thousand dollars to play one PLO event for the year and you have to choose between ours or the one in Paradise, if you're going to Paradise, I feel like people are going to lean to WSP Paradise, So that actually may hurt us a little bit, or that may hurt the re entries. You know, someone's in for one bullet, they're like, you know what, I'll save one hundred k for Paradise. So I think that will hurt. But I'm hoping we can beat the thirty eight entrance we had last ye. Don't care about how many. I just hope we beat it.
Speaker 1: I think we will beat it. I think we'll be into the forties. I don't know about how much, but I think we'll beat it. I'm not so sure that how much it applies, you know, picking between this and the Paradise one. I mean, I feel like if you have the money, you have the money. I mean, if you have the money for one, you have the money for both. Is kind of my my opinion there, you know, like who's who's kind of taking their shot, you know, and yeah, if not.
Speaker 2: Well, I guess the downside is if you have a bad PGTPLO series, maybe you skip this one and hold it for the Bahamas where you maybe expect a few more few more fish, few more whales compared to what we have.
Speaker 1: So how many did the satellite get last year?
Speaker 2: We gave way two seats exactly, so twenty.
Speaker 1: I think the satellite will do better this year given the timing. Hopefully went off that PLO series and they're like okay, like I'll just you know, maybe I wasn't going to play it, but it's only ten K to play the satellite and then I'll go from there.
Speaker 2: Type of thing. We just need to run better in these some of these satellites. Because last year Lou Gaza and China Reim won a seat, China Reem was unlikely to play, so that was good, but Lou Gaza was slammed down playing every day of the week, so we don't really want Lou winning the seat. We want, you know, some guy taking a real shot to win the seat, so that it just builds on that field, like any variants, any satellite variants.
Speaker 1: You know, Yeah, of course, I mean China reing Uh. He ended up turning that satetleite and went into a seventh place finish in the event Top seven cash again. Blezsnik won it for just under one point three million. He beat Isaac Hackson, Stephen Chidwick got third, Isaac Kempton and feels like we haven't seen that guy much recently for PLO, So is is he going to be back out for PLO?
Speaker 2: That's his game, one hundred percent. He'll play every event for Max Bullets.
Speaker 1: Aaron Katz, you know, don't often see Aaron Katz in any form of tournament anywhere other than maybe like the fifty k PPC that it is ACE, maybe a few OTHERBSITP events, and then we were able to get him out for this one, so maybe he'll return. He took fifth, Frank Cravello got six, and then China reim as I mentioned got seventh, so I mean, I think it'll be good again. I think we'll get over the thirty eight last year. You know, it's a tough field, but I think it's you know, one of those ones where you're gonna build off the momentum coming from the PGTPLO series. You know, maybe you have some people who hit some big scores throughout that series, maybe in the twenty five K finale whatever, they parlay it into the hundred K and we go from there. So I'll say forty three, that's my number.
Speaker 2: Fourteen, I love it. I just hold for thirty nine.
Speaker 1: I mean last year was even with thirty eight. I mean, I know it doesn't sound massive. You know, I always gotta got to keep it relative here, you know, because we are talking about the PGT and the numbers are you know, they trend a little bit smaller than some of the big field tournaments around the world, and you know that's that's just what we're dealing with. But still, you know, very good turnout overall. I did think that it was going to be much bigger last year, but ultimately I think the timing did not work in favor of that happening. So this year. I think it's gonna be a bit better. Yeah, well, we'll see how it goes, you know. I would expect, also, you know, all the big guys to come out for the Hunter K. You know, the Isaac Axs and the Jared Blesnicks. We mentioned negran neu osmas Aria. I expect Sean Winter in there. I expect Alex Foxon in there. I expect Sam's overall in there. Who else we got? Does Jim Collaby play the Hunter K?
Speaker 2: Probably not, but you'll probably find him in a satellite, so he's running good maybe.
Speaker 1: I mean obviously all the finish guys you know, of course, So yeah, I mean it'll be good. It'll be a good turnout. I'm looking for the Texas Plo roundup PGT is heading back there to the lone Star State champions Club. Baby you love it? How many stakes?
Speaker 2: At least four? I mean, look at least stakes are healthy compared to some of the other stuff I normally, but they have a really good salmon, so I try and alternate steak and salmon.
Speaker 1: Steak and salmon sounds like sounds like a good Uh, it's.
Speaker 2: A good eating place. I mean, if you like your food, come down to Champions Club. That's all I'll say.
Speaker 1: It's a full PLO series is headlined by the thirty three hundred dollars buying million dollars guaranteed main event. I don't know that there's been a PLO guaranteed this large ever, I could be wrong. I just maybe I haven't heard it, have you?
Speaker 2: Like we looked, we couldn't find anything. Doesn't mean it doesn't exist. Maybe it doesn't. It's not on hand in mom, but we couldn't really find anything that rivals this.
Speaker 1: Yeah. So I mean Champions Club is swinging big with this. The buying's you know, nice and big. Nine total events three hundred dollars up to fifty one hundred dollars. Not all of the events as part of the nine on the series count for the PGT, but the thirty three hundred dollars main event counts. And then there are three fifty one hundred dollars buy in high rollers. All those events count for the PGT. So there's gonna be plenty of big names I would expect, and also you know, plenty of new faces. Everything I've seen and everything I've heard out of not only Champions Club but Texas in general, as it pertains to potlom and Omaha is it's like the freaking wild wild West down there. Yeah, so I can imagine I could you. You would not surprise me if you told me that this main event had a four million dollar prize. I would not be surprised. The way that these guys play po Yeah, I'm not surprised at all. Like I think the guarantee is a safe guarantee, you know, I think it you know, you could probably even make the arguments on the low end.
Speaker 2: I think it's on the low end. But the fact it's never been done before anywhere, at least with the no limit hold on one. When we said a two million guarantee, we had previous events where with the same buying or similar buyings in the region, So we had data. This is this is called fresh. We got nothing on this. We're just kind of guessing. So it could have it could have thirty plays in the field, or it could have three thousand plays in the field. We have no idea.
Speaker 1: I think I would have sprung for one point five million to start. I think that would have been a little bit you know, more robust. But but I understand the argument of like you kind of don't know what's going to happen, but yeah, it'll probably end I would say around two million. I don't know. I mean it just you know, it goes down to the marketing and to the satellites to what's happening. There's there's a ton of starting flights. You know, people are going to be in there blasting and again if if anything that I've seen in the past coming out of Texas, coming out of Champions Colby and they have you know, they have streams that are PLO, Like these guys are just all in, all in, all in like it's just it's insane. So I can only imagine people are going to be in for like twelve bolts in this fricking thing. So it's wild. I mean when when we went there for the Texas pok are open, you know, a lot of the PGT regulars came back and were like it's just different there. Like these guys are firing in, you know, bullet after bullet with like second pair, like it doesn't matter. So I can only imagine that you're going to get that times six for PLO just because of how crazy it is. You know, these people love to gamble, so so yeah, I'll say the prize school comes in around two million. If you're a if you're a PLO enthusiasts, you know, I'm looking at someone like our good friend mon Nouara for example, who you know you might not come out to play the PGT PLO series just due to the the higher level of competition. I would certainly say get down to Champions Club and try and get into this main event because I think it's you know, I think it's going to be that good. There are plenty of opportunities to play with multiple starting fights. There's a bunch of other events on the schedule as well. Champions Club is a great place to play. Has that hotel right attached to the property? Do you know of any players coming? Going?
Speaker 2: Going?
Speaker 1: Is he coming?
Speaker 2: I don't think. I don't think he's coming. Two players. One of our close friends, Arthur Morris, said he's coming. He's firing hard. Is he coming for the coming for some of it? He has a family thing that he's taken care of so well. He said he's going to come down, hopefully play one hundred K, but definitely playing the hat. Yeah, he better bring the hat. That's the lucky hat. But I'll tell you who is coming, mister w s P himself.
Speaker 1: Phil Hellmuth. You just said he wasn't coming.
Speaker 2: No, the main event champion has two Yeah he has, maybe he's allowed to. He's got two cash's remember he needs one more. He is very aware that he needs one more. He was upset that we killed the Bounty series. But obviously he's I don't think he lives in Houston, but I think he's close.
Speaker 1: I think he lives in the like the greater Houston area.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, Houston's huge, so I didn't really that could be a three hour drive. Yeah, I don't know. Take me an hour. It took me ninety minutes to get to the airport the other day when I was there. He's coming, and I wouldn't be surprised if he is Max late registering these main event flights, just trying to sneak into the money, maybe playing Max late the high rollers, just to lock up that one extra cash so he can qualify for the free roll. And you know there's other events obviously NPT will probably see him at and you know, if he breaks all of these, we've got, you know, our end of season events in January, So but yeah, he's definitely going to be there trying to get that cash and obviously just trying to win another another main event because he did final table the one back in April as well.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so we'll see if we'll see if Tomao can rip off the third cash. I would say yes, just given the number of starting flights that there are. Yeah, I think your favorite to get that third cash. I mean it's good, it's a good This is a good tournament for anyone looking for their third cash, even if you don't necessarily consider yourself like a big PLO player, just because of the way that like it sets up structure wise with all the lights. Like if you just like you said, if you basically just max late reg and just kind of knit it up to you getting that money, like you can in a way kind of finagle the system.
Speaker 2: Yeah, especially fight so you could put in three hours of work less qualify for a million dollars free row. That's exactly pretty way to do it.
Speaker 1: I mean, I know that, like Brian Kim is still looking for his third cash. He was messaging me about the PLO Series roundup, and I don't think he's ever played PLO so what I mean, you know that that sort of thing you could you could see that for this series, so we'll see how it goes.
Speaker 2: All right.
Speaker 1: So those are the three big PLO series that we have coming or well one of them is in event, but but yeah, PGT PLO Series October fourteenth through twenty second, Super High Rollerbowl PLO October twenty fourth through twenty six, lots of streaming from those two. Every PGT PLO series Foul Table will be live streamed. I believe it's going to be Remco and myself on the call for that, and then Super High Roleble PLO three days of live streaming for that, and then I haven't seen the live streaming schedule for Texas PLO Round Up yet, but I'm assuming there is one the out live stream from there. We're just ironing out those details so you know, everyone can stay tuned.
Speaker 2: But that's kind of configure Cash Game Festival beforehand leading into main events stuff like that. So we'll be coming out soon.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and then the Texas PLO Round Up series kicks off on November sixteenth, so stay tuned for all that. Of course, all your PGT information PGT dot com go ahead.
Speaker 2: The one beauty about this series is if you're a Vegas local and you don't want to be on the strip for the F one, you want to just leave town for F one.
Speaker 1: That's huge. I didn't even think about that. Get this lot of here, go to Texas exactly.
Speaker 2: This is the perfect time. The main event runs over the F one weekend, so you can leave the city for a few days, win some money playing plow, earn some PGT points, and then come back to them taking down the grum Prix annoyance that bothers us for so much time.
Speaker 1: I mean, maybe I should come to Texas even now, just driving? Can I ask you a question? By the way, this is completely off topic, but whatever, because like the way I go to the studio, I go on the Highway, I get off on Harmon the new exit, and I go that way. When you drive down Harmon, do you know what I'm talking about? Yeah, Well, there's on the right there's like this like entrance to something, but it's like it says like the address the addresses I don't know. Let's say it's three thousand, nine and fifteen Harmon. But then right above it there's a spinning sign of sixty three, like the play spots left place. No that like the place is called like sixty three or something, but like the address doesn't match it. So I'm extremely confused what's happening like and why they decided to call it like sixty three or sixty three or whatever.
Speaker 2: I've literally never noticed that.
Speaker 1: I drive out every day and I always mean to ask you.
Speaker 2: Or before you like before you turn right, do you mean?
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's like on that first the first light, like if you if you stop at that light and you were to go this is great podcasting. By the way, Rich Ryan shot up producer for trans probably ripping his hair out. But if you stop at that light, you go left into Cosmo.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm looking at the Google maps of it, but I don't know. I have no idea.
Speaker 1: Sixty three city Center that's what it's called. I looked it up sixty three Las Vegas dot com, Las Vegas Boulevard and Harmon Avenue. Yeah, sixty three city Center. The address is three seven one six South Las Vegas Boulevard. So I'm just confused, why like you would name something a number that.
Speaker 2: Is not I think, Yeah, I guess that's the parking for city Center for the shops. It's got to be.
Speaker 1: Sixty three City Center is an exciting nation for dynamic retail attraction and hospitality experience. Is located at the heart of the Las Vegas Strip, at the intersection of Las Vegas Boulevard and Harmon Harmon Avenue. I just don't understand the name, and I drive by it all the time, and I'm like, because if I was telling you, hey, meet me at this place, and I said, like, meet me at sixty three Las Vegas, yeah, you might think that that's the address. Yeah, it's confusing, whereas like, no, actually the address is three seven one six South Las Vegas Bullard, Like, so it's just very confusing to me. I don't know who did this, but I don't like that person, and I have no reason for this other than just annoys me every single time I tried.
Speaker 2: But you know, it's actually pretty cool. If you're on I'm assuming you're on the website like I am. They have a tab at the Toughness as Earthcam and it's like a live viewing of that corner so you can say, oh, look, lots of traffic. I'm not going to go that way right now.
Speaker 1: Well, pretty this way is better than a lot of other ways. I'll tell you that much.
Speaker 2: Well, right now, with the f one, it's I get off on Flamingo, head down Flamingo, turn right dry past Bilage here. But that's all cut down to like two lanes now, so that's horrible.
Speaker 1: Well you can't, because but I can.
Speaker 2: I can do the harmony if I get off on Flamingo West, head towards the Rio and turn down like Value View or whatever street that is, I can do like the backdoor method, but it's the same I measure, it's like the same amount of time.
Speaker 1: It's also interesting that that Vegas has highlighted by like this section, this corner here. I mean everyone is redoing their digital LEDs. Yeah everyone. I mean it's unbelievable. But maybe maybe on that corner is what we can they can put next PLO Mount Rushmore, because that's what I want to talk about, Okay, you know, just it's a big PLO episode. So like my question is, like who's on your PLO Mount rush More? You know, we often talked about like who's on Poker's Mount Rushmore, Who's on who's on the PLO Mount Rushmore. I think I think we're at the point now with potlam and Omaha that it's it deserves its own Mount Rushmore.
Speaker 2: Mister PLO is up there first. L E. S Passinian number one drop pick for the PLO Mount Rushball. I also believe he is the all time money winner in PLO.
Speaker 1: So he is the all time money winner.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's up there.
Speaker 1: He's not on mine.
Speaker 2: Just wow, do you want to trade pix here? Do you want to do? You do one of yours?
Speaker 1: Sure? Okay, I got Phil Gelfund.
Speaker 2: Okay he was he was going to be online. Yeah, okay, he's not my number one.
Speaker 1: I mean number one, isn't he widely regarded as the PLO goat.
Speaker 2: Sure, then stop playing some more, Phil, instead of grinding fucking one to two PLO online, come play the pg T PLO series.
Speaker 1: And I heard I heard he's playing some events in the.
Speaker 2: Super playing the Hunter.
Speaker 1: K Oh, well whatever, he's I mean, he's too rich, he's.
Speaker 2: Not good enough. Yeah, he's watched them. But yes, I think when you think PLO, you think of you think of Phil Galfond. Obviously you have the runner once trainee side as well. So yeah, he's on my list too.
Speaker 1: I'll go next Yen's kiling in I'll take the Finn before your finessentially what I'm doing. There's no Elis Parson and if there's not a YenS killing.
Speaker 2: In, sure, but that doesn't mean Yen's is better than Elias Elis whatever.
Speaker 1: Man. Yeah, but this is like Mount Rushmore, so like there's some historical aspect to it all. Like, you know, so, I mean, one of the most successful Pilo players ever, especially when it comes to online where he just absolutely dominated cash games for so long, A bit of a pioneer. I would say killing in was you know, just uh for like the super aggression that he brought to the game. He seemed like the guy just had limitless talent. So so, yeah, somewhat ahead of his time in a lot of ways. You know. It's also tricky, you know, because he's out of the game right, you know. But but still I think he would be deserving to a spot on PLO Mount Rushmore.
Speaker 2: I mean, I think you and me would probably put this guy on, but he probably doesn't deserve to be on Tommy Legend, so.
Speaker 1: Does he don't even make my list?
Speaker 2: I'm but like I feel like, you know, when we think PLO, you and me think about Tommy Lee, you know, obviously last few years bracelets and coming to our series. But I kind of in the same way you think of Phil Galfon as PELO, I also think of Ben Lamb, you know, like he doesn't play that much anymore. It doesn't have like as much as much of the chops as some of the other guys. But when I think PLO, he's one of the names I I think of.
Speaker 1: Yeah, whenever I think of PLOW, I always snap think of Ben Lamb, you know, amongst others. But he didn't. He didn't make my list, made the short list was it was in debate. But I put another Ben on there, Ben Tolraene, I mean, just a absolute online PLO crusher, super super consistent, Like in a lot of ways, I feel like Toleraine is the model of a perfect PLO player, Like he's extremely calm, resilient, I said, consistent, just I don't know, kind of robotic, which isn't necessarily sexy, but it gets the job done, and in the case of Toleraine, it gets the job done in an extremely successful way. So I think I would put him on there, although I do need to say and I should have said this before I said Tolraine's name, but Galfon and kilan In snap wrote them down in my notes too easily the next two spots. Because there's four spots on Mount Rushmore, I basically had three players trying to vie for this. So I guess I picked Tollerine now because I went off what you said where you said Ben Lamps I went into so but there's a case to be made that I would have left them off this as well, So it's it's tricky.
Speaker 2: My last one is obviously the obvious pick. The greatest player in the world right now, Dylan Weisman, Okay, I believe he's second or third on the PLO all time moneyless as well, just you know, PELO bracelets, PLO titles. He's not like kind of like Eliason and some of these names I've mentioned, except for I guess Toleraine are known for PLO. You know that feels like that's the only thing they play. Obviously, some of these guys are branching out. Weisman's playing a lot more of the PGT events, but his bread and butter is is omaha, and that's what he's known for. I think he's probably considered in that. You know, Daniel always talks about the tiers of OMAHA players and how he thinks he's like tier two or tier three or something. You know, he always says Elis is tier one. I mean, I'm I'm guessing Wiseman is up there as well in some people's minds. So also a massive advocate for PLO. You know, he's one of the reasons we are kind of pushing these series now because of the popularity and the demand and play a player request. So yeah, he would, he would stinking But like you could name a bunch of other people that could easily take that false spot for me.
Speaker 1: So my fourth spot, I'm gonna go with Patrick Antonius forever has played the largest games, obvious crusher, massive cash game success, He's had successful live and online. He's super, super consistent, kind of like the same thing I said about Tolerain. Whereas if you were to build a model poker player, I think you would probably spit out Patrick Antonius just how it is. So so yeah, I think I would put him on, and I would ultimately go with galvon Keilan and Antonius and total, although I had Victor Blom right there.
Speaker 2: Oh, I wonder if we'll see him.
Speaker 1: I mean the thing about Yeah, he's been playing more recently, so we could very well see him for the series. I mean, I'm not sure. The thing with Victor Blom is the argument for Victor Blom is that I'm not sure anyone reached the height when they were at the height of their powers that Victor Blom did. But I'm also not sure that he's done it for as long as the others, right, Yeah, but like the others probably don't have the ceiling that Victor Blom reached. I mean he was the po en boss when he was at the height of his powers, Like.
Speaker 2: He was the guy.
Speaker 1: I mean, you made it to the top of the top on full to a poker at the time, like you were playing it's older one, that's what you were doing. Another argument for Blom is like I think he just really shifted the high stakes landscape during that time. I'm just really pushing the levels of aggression to things we've never seen before, you know, pushing the stakes to ridiculous heights, absolutely fearless. I mean, I just remember those days when he was battling Antonio's heads up so many times. I mean, his style, you know, aggressive fearless, high variants, all that sort of stuff. It really did shape how I think many people think of PLO. Now, I would say that PLO is probably changed and isn't as aggressive or as high variance as it's publicly conceit perceived to be. Right, But I still think that Victor Blom is a lot of reasons why people think like action action action when they think of PLO, So could very well be an argument to put him on there. And then someone that's very similar to like a Victor Blom is Tom Dwant. You know, I know he's My dogs are going crazy, hold on.
Speaker 2: And they didn't like you, Tom Dwan. Picked That's that's what it was, because I think it's horrible.
Speaker 1: Well, the thing is is like he I know, you could say everything I just said about Tom Dwan for nola At hold him for sure, right. He also did dabble in PLO quite a bit, so there's some case to be made. I think ultimately he's a pretty clear stay off the Mount Rushmore. But I did just want to bring his name up and then somebody else that I I kind of struggled with looking over results. This person was like popped into my mind, like initially, and then I was like, well, I don't know, it's Sammy Farha.
Speaker 2: Oh gots a great one.
Speaker 1: But the thing is is like I feel like Sammy Faraha is more Omaha high Low than just plo. He's so I know. That's why, Like initially he popped in my mind. I was like, Sammy Farha for sure, right, yeah, you know, plus you got like the history element, like all that sort of stuff. So I think I ultimately push him off, although I don't, I don't know. I mean, it's it's hard. It's hard to get down to like a final four for sure. Like there's arguments for a lot of different people. I mean, for me, I have Galfond, I have Keeling in in there for sure, but you know I can I can kind of move people in and out for the for the rest of it.
Speaker 2: We need a new like statue is there an We need to build something that's Mount rushmoo, but with like seven people falls hard man for anything.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but that's the point.
Speaker 2: I know, But like, you know, just give me a Mount rushmore two seven people.
Speaker 1: I mean, it is is Sean deeve in the consideration at all? Is Jeremy oustmas in the consideration at.
Speaker 2: All, Osmos is inconsideration. I think Osmos is. It's gonna say it's Ozma's closer than Dave.
Speaker 1: But what about someone like Daniel Lahi. I mean, he has had a lot of low.
Speaker 2: Racists, right, one might be a highlight of more.
Speaker 1: I think one is a high low for sure.
Speaker 2: Okay, so he has Okay, we may need to revisit this Mount Rushmore. He has two PLO Championship racelets ten k's ten K eight bracelets. He needs to be up.
Speaker 1: There, yeah, I know, But like it for him, it comes down to like where is he at in the cash game section of PLO Because all these other guys that I've named, you know, Galfond, Quielan and Antonio's Blomb Toleraine, they all had PLO dominance in cash games as well, in addition to doing extremely well in tournaments. Right, So it's it's tricky. I mean, I guess, I guess going to your point, we need more than four spots in here. Well that's our PLO Mount Rushmore. Not that we necessarily locked in on a Mount Rushmore, but you know, just talking about some.
Speaker 2: Of the he's one more name, Scott Clements leads the all time Omaha High Low moneyless.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but that's all that's like a different game.
Speaker 2: I'm just saying, like, but like that's where Sam far has fourth. You know, Bryce Yaki fifth, Daniel Lahi's six. There's some josh Aria ninth. Big names on this list though.
Speaker 1: And then I just want to bring this this name up, not that he's the name that that people don't know, but Daniel Granny I will. I've said it before, I'll say it again. I think that he is pretty underrated when it comes to PLO, and I think he's got a very good understanding of potlom and Omaha has had a lot of success in it.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 1: I think that people just associate Daniel with like nolam At hold him and and probably mixed games and then kind of forget about the PLO stuff with him. But I think he's extremely good at PLO. You know, like if he were to go on to win the PGT PLO series, I would not be shocked in the slightest and no one should be, you know, is that good at PLO. I think he does very much understand it, so maybe doesn't have you know, some of the big flashy results the true that some other players have. You know, maybe hasn't played the massive cash games that other players have, but you know, I would say, don't sleep on Danieligranu when it comes to potlam and Omaha. All right, So last thing we're gonna do here, we're gonna play some fantasy poker. Buddy, you and me are gonna draft six players each. We're gonna the teams are going to cover the PLO series Super High Rollable Poo. We're gonna include the two NAPT events because they're on the PGT schedule during this time, and then also the Texas PLO Roundup. And then we're gonna have three categories, most cashes, most total money won, and then wins and wins are like, you know, if every every time one of your player wins, you get whatever we're betting. I would say we bet coffees, because we always bet coffee.
Speaker 2: So let's just show.
Speaker 1: Now, after the PLO series, which I'm assuming we're going to have a podcast after that, we'll do a drop ad. Okay, you can drop one player and add someone in that person's place, but the player you can drop has to have zero cashes. So if everyone on your team cash is during PLO. You ain't dropping anyone, okay, rules, Okay, So this is what we're gonna do, and we're gonna see how good you and I are at drafting players. What do you want to do? Do you want the first one or second two?
Speaker 2: Second two?
Speaker 1: Of course? I mean I'm taking Helis Parson. God damn it. I mean what did you think I was gonna do? I mean the thing is because he might you know, he might not. He might not show up for the Texas PLOS so I might definitely not.
Speaker 2: Okay, I'm taking taking Ozmas second, man, do I want it? Can I get this guy in the next round? I think I can. I'm gonna take Ozmus and Josh a good, very good picks.
Speaker 1: All right, I'm gonna go with I mean, I gotta go with NEGRONI of course, and then Bryce Yockey.
Speaker 2: Good one, very good. Pick two guys I wanted. There's three guys I want right now.
Speaker 1: Well you can only take two, buddy.
Speaker 2: Taking Jim call up me next. Wow. See, I know this guy is skipping the PLOS series the Texas I'm gonna take wait, wait, just to clarify Texas PELO around up PGT qualifying events only at count with Okay, I had to check. I had to check. I'm gonna take I have to take him Dan Weisseman.
Speaker 1: Also, I'm changing most total money one to most.
Speaker 2: PGT points because yeah, most money one is Yeah, that's better.
Speaker 1: I am going with Alex Foxen. And I mean, there's a chance that this guy doesn't play stuff. I have no idea. Sean Troja, I'm taking.
Speaker 2: And josaml.
Speaker 1: Wowow he's coming. Huh.
Speaker 2: I don't see why not. He always plays the Felis and he could go to Texas. He's probably playing the n apt might escape the hundred.
Speaker 1: But I got no idea.
Speaker 2: Actually, wait, no, don't you need Wait how many do you have? I have five?
Speaker 1: You you were done?
Speaker 2: I thought we're only seven. God damn, I've left my last one. I should have taken it.
Speaker 1: All right, well then we can do We'll do seven. I'll give you the benefit of do all right, I'm gonna do Team drip Jesse Lois d damn it. I go ahead, loans yours.
Speaker 2: That was who I was going to. Well, too bad, buddy, you got one more? No, you got two more?
Speaker 1: No, I'm done. Okay, I have Parson in Negra and you Yockey Fox and Troja, Lonus and Shulman. You have Osmas Aria. I just said Lonus and Shulman, huh. And I have ari and I'm done. You have ari A, Osmas, Kalipie, Wiseman, Kaijer and Samow and you need one more. So this is the final pick.
Speaker 2: Okay, here are the names I'm considering since the droft is over. Got King John Okay, Adam Hendrix Okay, Saval Chino, Cliff Josephy, Bradley Rubin. No, we know who'll play in Texas. But some of those guys, you know, whatever, they may be be a flaky on the hundred. We've got the Tyler, the Goat, and we got our boy, Alan Lee. This is really tough. I'm just oh my god, any wants so good. He just always crashes the studio. I have to take Alan Lee. Gota do it?
Speaker 1: There you go.
Speaker 2: I want to play possibly, but like I mean, I'm pull up some stats right now. He's the one on the Alan Lee.
Speaker 1: Well, he's got three hundred and forty nine PGT points, one hundred and thirty sixth place, so well.
Speaker 2: He gosh, he goshed four times in March the PLO series, right, he cashed four times in October last year, and then in the March one he cashed five times. So and he's got one win from those thirteen cashes. I don't know. It's a gamble. You know. He missed out on Nacho. Nacho could have been a good one. Kempton, I have no idea I was going to winner Max Coleman, Tyler.
Speaker 1: Brown, Kempton in seven months.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he only plays Pelon now, Okay, God, if I had lonas I was at that at the best team, If I got Lonis thought he might have slipped through the crack.
Speaker 1: All right, Well let's go okay, all right, Yeah, so we'll check in on that and uh, let's see how we go. I think I'm gonna win for sure, and you're gonna be owing me coffees for like a fucking year. He can't wait. You got anything else for me? Or what Toki was?
Speaker 2: No? I don't think I die.
Speaker 1: Do you have anything else at all? Family thought?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 1: Not really? Okay either do I either do?
Speaker 2: Hi?
Speaker 1: All right? So next up for us? What I'm gonna try and grab an interview or two during PO series.
Speaker 2: That's my goal.
Speaker 1: I would love to sit down with Jesse Lonis, so I'm gonna put that out there.
Speaker 2: May or may not have broken his finger on Monday playing basketball with me.
Speaker 1: Wow, did you break the fingers?
Speaker 2: I did not. I was I was not on that court. Was not. I was actually sitting out in that game. Yeah, he left. Ellie had fingerproping. He'll be right. He could just check with a different finger.
Speaker 1: Yes, it could could affect things when it comes to you know, peeling cards, throwing in the middle, all of that sort of stuff. All right, As I mentioned, I go over to poker steak dot com if you guys want action on some players playing in the pg T PLO series. I believe Jonathan Little even has some stuff he listing on there, as does Hailey Hannah for the PLO series. Stephanie Chung is on there, Cheris Andrews is on there. I mentioned Dan and mcgronney for the Super high Roller role. Ozma still has two percent left Ozma's mcgranney's got his two bullets up there, Harrie has got a bullet up there. So plenty of action to be had on poker steak dot com for the upcoming PGT events. That's gonna do it for us. My name is Donnie Peters, his name is Tim Duckworth. Talk to you guys next time.
Speaker 2: So yeah, night. The Change Express