Speaker 1: All right, here we go one more day, Dan Carroll and for Brian Thomas fifty five krc DE Talk station. What a week it has been. Huh what a week? Blown right by Thursday already. And then I believe Kevin Gordon will be in this chair tomorrow morning because I cannot be. So that's a it's a beautiful thing. And uh so glad to be here with the great Brian Thomas audience. What do we have going on today? What are we going to talk about today? I was getting ready for the show yesterday afternoon and into the evening hours, and I was thinking to myself, you know, there's so much stuff that I had during the course of the week that I'm just gonna put all my leftovers together and that could be a whole show, right there, a whole show of leftovers. Then I start looking at the news, then I see what's going on, and I don't know. I've got some leftovers ready to go. I don't know if the leftovers are going to make it. I mean, I really don't. The full court press that is coming out on the White House or from the White House on this MS thirteen dude, the Maryland Father as the as the media likes to refer to him is like nothing I've ever seen. You know, they had they had the mother of Rachel Morin at the White House press briefing yesterday. So at the very least, there cannot be reporters from the mainstream media, the Associated the Associated Press, you know, CNN, ABC, MSNBC, NBC. There cannot be reporters from these outlets that claim they don't know or they they simply missed it, because the mom of Rachel Morn got up there and just gave a gut wrenching testimony. Sean McMahon is working on turning some of that audio around right now and we'll have that a little bit later. But of course the major networks ignored it completely last night. But she went in there and and talked about the illegal that was just earlier this week, convicted, convicted of raping and brutally murdering her daughter. And then she comes and testifies, and this is all part and parcel of this. You know, the Maryland father who was sent to El Salvadoran is in a prison now and the Department of Justice, the White House is putting out every bit of evidence that possibly can to show that this dude is an MS thirteen gang banger. And now you have this this federal judge who is, to my way of thinking, completely out of control. And of course that's all the headlines, that's all the networks want to talk about. Is this federal judge, the one that ordered the airplane to turn around in mid air and bring those alleged MS MS thirteen gang members back to the United States.
Speaker 2: And the.
Speaker 1: You know, the White House said up, you know, I'm sorry, too late, already in international waters. Nothing we can do about it. So now he's got his panties in a bunch and he's you know, talking about all this and going to hire I guess he's going to hire his own lawyer or is going to launch his own investigation and hold them all in contempt and get testimony under oath and all this other stuff. And I'm still hearing from the national media that the White House is saying they've imported all these guys they were in the day, saying they were in the country illegally doing illegal things without any evidence. You know that I have been harping on this for so long. Now when you get the national media attacking the president or attacking the White House, and they never did it with Biden. They never did it with Barack Obama. It's always with the Trump administration, sometimes with the Bush administration. But they love to throw that in there that you know, the White House said this without any evidence. So you know, now these reporters, instead of going out and talking about you know what the White House is saying, they have to inject it. And it's it's simply when they when they do that, that's not objective reporting. It is simply a way for them to inject their opinion into the piece. Yeah, it's it's not good enough to go out there and and say, you know, the White House said X, Y and Z, but when you have to include the caveat but didn't present any evidence. Well, how many times did Barack Obama go out and say something? How many times did other presidents? What about the Joe Biden administration? You know, I'm I'm looking at all this stuff that was released by Pam BONDI all this stuff that came out from the White House. I mean, document after document after document. You know, now there's now there's police reports that this dude was abusing his wife. Uh, I mean, the guy was a and I'm going to get into all the details a little bit later, but this whole, this whole notion that you can as an objective reporter include this little caveat without any evidence. Now, that's that that is opinion making right there. They don't you don't you're reporting. Fox News used to have a great line when they when they first started, and Shepherd Smith used to say it all the time. And I really, you know, whatever you think of Shepherd Smith and his his political leanings, I thought Shepherd Smith was just terrific at delivering the news and the line that he used to use all the time, and then this sort of thinking I think got away from him at the end. But he used to say, we report, you decide, and I thought that was a great line. I used to even you know, that was back in my TV days when that line was probably at the height of its popularity, and I used to use that line all the time around around the newsroom that I worked in. You know, we report, you decide. And I think that that that recognizes so many times that you go out as a journalist, as a as a reporter, you try and cover the story the best you can, You try to bring in and look, especially in local TV news, if you get a piece on the air that lasts for a minute and thirty seconds, you're doing pretty good. At least when I was in the business. The producers who stack the shows, who put the shows together, are under so much pressure to have the story count. Got to get you know, got to get that story count up, because so much of it is consultant driven. And you've got consultants who are constantly telling you, oh, you've got it. It's got to be fast paced, it's got to be quick. You got you got to have you know, this zoomy little graphic over here, got to have all these different elements. You gotta squeeze it all in because you know, you can't have an edit that lasts longer than you know what, you know, a static shot that lasts longer than three or four seconds, because people will lose interest. You know, all these consultants driven things are not driven to improve content. They're not you know there the consultants are not there to try and improve the product or make it any more meaningful or more in depth. No, the consultants are there to put eyeballs on your TV station. And so if you look at local news, especially on the TV side. It is all it is. It gets more and more difficult to distinguish one channel from the other. They all take commercial breaks at the same time. They all stack their shows the same way. If you turn on Channel five and they're doing the weather, flip over to Channel nine, chances are they're doing the weather. Flip over to Fox nineteen, chances are they're doing the weather or the traffic trafficking weather. Together. We do it here, we you know, we you know, we have our consultants too, tell us how to know when to take breaks and all the other stuff. But again, you know, journalism has has acquiesced a lot too to the consultants driven and I think when you know, there was a time when we we sort of gone away from all that from what the consultants said, and our numbers were the best they were they ever were, at least that's my experience. Five point fifteen. Got to get to a little break here and we will talk about the weather coming up and tell you what's going to be on the show today. I got a couple of great guests and a lot of stuff I want to get to, so I hope you can hang around for it one more day, Dan Carroll and for Brian Thomas on fifty five KRC de talk station.
Speaker 3: This is fifty five KRC and iHeartRadio station.
Speaker 1: Fifty five KRS the talk station. Sean McMahon is running the big board in the fifty five KRC command center. My buddy' Zeke Arkumen is going to be here at Let me see what time did I book him for? I think seven thirty seven thirty z Karkman is a guy that is all over social media and if you look him up on I follow him on X. I don't have all the other you know, Sean, what is what are some of the Instagram? I guess it's pretty big right now? Right all the young people on Instagram, aren't they? I think sometimes I wish I wasn't. He's a young guy. He's a hold on a second little drink of water. But Zeke Arkham is a prolific poster social media and he goes after everyone, and so it'll be great to get his take on what's happening on the passing scene. Then Jim Faff from the Conservative Caucus is going to be here. We'll talk a little politics with him and see what he's got going on. They've got an event coming up in rod Bolgoyevitch Blago is going to be the keynote speaker at an event they have comeing up at the DRAC Hotel in Oakbrook, Illinois. So that'll be great. So we'll talk to him and get his take on things that are happening around around the country. The New York Post is just having a field day with Letitia James and they they went and tried to ask her some questions yesterday, and she did the old pull out the cell phone and fake like you're on the cell phone. They were shouting questions at her. You know, of course they know where she lives. And when she came out of the out of you know, her place of residence. I don't know if you call it a an apartment, I don't know. I guess I guess she owns the building there. But they were asking her questions and she was standing there and had the had the phone up to her face and acted like she was involved in such an important conversation she had to completely ignore the reporters. Then apparently she went to a some political rally and gave a real stem winder of a speech. I saw. I saw the I saw some of the video on that, and I was looking at it, and I thought it was an older speech, but I guess it turns out it was a piece that she did yesterday. I would have brought some of that in today, But I was thinking, there's no way she could have been making this speech calling out the Trump administration, talking about how she's ready to go, you know, standing up for democracy, you know, the calling on her peeps to have her back and all this kind of stuff, you know, acting all indignant. But the New York Post is all over this. They sent a reporter in Norfolk, Virginia. The New York Attorney. Attorney General Latitia James listed a Virginia home more than three hundred miles from her office in New York City as her principal residence and official public documents obtained by the Post, and those documents are all over the place because Pam Bondi released a bunch of them, or not Pam Bondy, but whoever. And I forget the individual who it was referred this case. But the Post has the documents, and they went to Norfolk and they're looking at the property records there and Latisia. James granted power of attorney to her niece, Chemise Thompson Thompson Harris in August of twenty three, authorizing the purchase of the Virginia property got a mortgage for two hundred nineteen thousand dollars. In the document, James attested, I hereby declare I intend to occupy this property as my principal residence. The document was witnessed by First Deputy Attorney General Jenner for Levy, New York State Secretary, and notarized. The three bedroom, two bathroom house is now home to a woman and her daughter who moved in just a few months ago. According to people in the neighborhood and people in a neighborhood, we're talking to the post and they said they've never seen her. People in a neighborhood have a pretty good idea who's there on a daily basis. But when it comes to Latitia James, nutt never seen her. Uh And and and they alsoy they've they've got a picture of the house very lovely.
Speaker 4: Uh.
Speaker 1: They've got a picture of Letitia James pretending to be on the phone as she left her home in Brooklyn, which is quite a distance away from Norfolk, Virginia. They've got here's the specific power of attorney purchase of real estate, you know, known know all men, by these President, that the undersigned Letitia A. James does hereby constitute and appoint Chemise Thompson Harrison of the City of Norfolk, Virginia as her attorney in fact, for her in name place instead to undertake and do all acts necessary to complete the purchase of the property. And it gives the address in in Norfolk, Virginia. And one of you know, one of the provisions under the heading there is I hereby declare I intend to a pie this property as my principal residence. And it's got the date that was signed, got the big Letitia A. James, a very bold signature, by the way, it's got her signature on it. And so uh, she she claimed that she was going to live there and apparently doesn't live there. Is that mortgage fraud? Is you know? Is this sort of what she railed against Donald Trump about our buddy Zeke Arkham is there in the in the belly of the beast. He lives in New York, so he's, uh, he's there, he's experiencing all this firsthand, and we'll see how all this plays in New York and get his opinion on that as we continue on till nine o'clock this morning, Dan Carroll for Brian Thomas, fifty five krc DE Talk Station fifty five KRC fifty five krc DE Talk Stations, Patchie Frog. I don't know why I was seeing frost and fog and it came out like frog. That's pretty good. How about how about a little local news here? And this one is one that popped up yesterday and it has to do with county corners in the state of Ohio. And I don't know if I like this idea at all, but five differing this piece on WCPO. Five different county corners in the Greater Cincinnati region have signed a letter to Ohio lawmakers opposing the current state budget bill, which they say contains language that would change their position from an elected one to an appointed one. Letter was designed by Butler County Corda Corner, Lisa Mannix Corner, Brian Treyon and Claremont County Laksimi Somarco Here in Hamilton County, Highland County Corner Jeff Berry and the Crownty Corner in Warren County Russell Upgrove. The state budget bill would, according to the letter, change the position of County Corner from an elected one to one appointed by the Board of County Commissioners. The office County Corner, a position elected by the people, serves as a vital check against institutional overreach by ensuring that cause and manner of death determinations and forensic investigations are conducted impartially and without undue influence. Reads the letter, Eliminating this role removes a layer of democratic oversight and risks consolidating investigative power and less accountable, potentially politicized hands. And I have to say I agree with them. I've reached out to a couple of different lawmakers I know, and we'll see if they respond to me this morning and maybe come on the show and talk about I've already done a couple of different interviews talking about this state budget, and this issue did not come up. I did not know it was in there. The corners say. The lawmakers are burying the proposal within the state budget bill, House Bill ninety six, which is thousands pages long. The corners who signed the letter also say Ohio lawmakers wrote the language into the bill without communicating at all with individually elected corners or the Ohio State Corners Association. For the life of me, I can't figure out why there's someone in Columbus or a group in Columbus who thinks that this is a good idea. They were never in town halls, no voter discussions to talk about this particular issue. The letter urges lawmakers to reject the current House Built ninety six language that would eliminate the coroner's elected position. There is going to be a press conference on April twenty second at the Hamilton County Coroner's office to further discuss the issue. So, yeah, this was a surprising development that came out yesterday afternoon. I know Cunningham had the sheriff on who doesn't really like the idea. I don't like the idea either. I think the corner needs to be beholden to the people of the county that he or she serves, and not be beholden to a group of commissioners or other elected officials. And they say they're saying straight out there can be times when politics gets in the way, and I don't know, I'm not on the face of it. I'm not crazy about that idea. Let's see Northern Kentucky attorney sentence for stealing two hundred and sixty five thousand dollars from families. Northern Kentucky attorney. This is on channel WCPO, not WCPO with WLWT and TULL. The attorney stole hundreds of thousands of dollars and then vanished. The sentence came down in the Campbell County courtroom. Jennifer Zachius Miller sentenced to six years in prison on one count of theft, in five years on another. The two run Concurrently, she was also ordered by Judge Dan Zala to pay restitution for the entire amount that was stolen. Miller pleaded guilty to stealing a total of more than two hundred and sixty five thousand dollars from two fansies. When the families found out the money was gone, Miller went missing for days and was finally arrested at the Red River Gorge, stealing an inheritance from a grieving family while taking advantage of the position to trust. I can't think of anything more egregious, callous, and shameful, said Melinda Lemons, who spoke out in court on behalf of one victim's family. The ordeal has been like living in a nightmare. Lemon says she does not believe Miller will pay the money back. So apparently this individual steals the money, goes to the Red River Gorge and then winds up getting that you know, whether she got arrested. That's terrible. And then finally we have this for special recognition here uh former social worker who worked with notable companies and organizations around Greater Cincinnati is headed to prison. Michael LESCo, thirty four, sentenced to twenty five years in prison for raping children. The west Chester man previously pleaded guilty to six counts of rape one count of gross sexual imposition inside the pack courtroom on Wednesday, the pain was palpable. Karner will catch up to you if it already hasn't. You're a monster. You picked the wrong family to pry upon or prey upon, said one of the relatives of the two victims. Another one said, no time or money would ever give me my innocence back. Do you rob me and my innocence? On paper, Lesco's resume looked impressive. He was a social worker, mentor counselor and volunteer. He ran life counseling out of his Westchester home, previously managed social services that you see health before being let go and John McMahon, I think that deserves some special recognition.
Speaker 5: Could you hit that please, PERI is the biggest douche of the universe, in all the galaxies. There's no bigger douche than you. You've reached the job, the pinnacle of douche them good going, du Your dreams have come.
Speaker 1: True, you know. And how many times do we see this when you've got these individuals who are accused of sexually abusing young people, and they're in positions like this, you know, counselor youth services. Maybe they're at a church or something like that. So I'm glad this guy's getting what's coming to him, twenty five years in prison for raping children. And I'm sure that will hopefully not be a very pleasant experience for thirty four year old mister LESCo fifty five KRC DE Talk Station fifty five KRC fifty five KRC detak station by forty three on this Thursday morning, I hope your week is going just swell. One more day before the weekend, and Kevin Gordon's going to be in here tomorrow morning, so that'll be big for you. Let's go to the phones and Bobby j is calling in this morning, and Bobby Jay, how are you this morning?
Speaker 6: I'm doing great, my friend, Dan, A special thank you. Can't express our true feelings of appreciation. You're carrying that torture freedom high and bright every day.
Speaker 1: I think that I do what I can, Car, I do what I can Brother, especially for this audience. This audience is such a great and loyal audience that it is. I'm humbled to be here any chance I get.
Speaker 6: Well, everybody has their own opinion. I'm no different, but I just want to try to reiterate the point that we are in a cultural revolution. These individuals on the left have a said ideology that you're not going to break, So figure out a way that you can go ahead, and let's just say piss them all with at least amount of effort, and just smile at it when you do it. Well in my opinion for the day.
Speaker 1: Well, Bobby Jay, I appreciate that, and you have yourself a great day, sir. Thank you. All right, there you go, Bobby Jay always appreciate him dialing us up and what he said. What he said is right. And I don't know if after what the White House did yesterday that Democrats are going to be willing to die on the hill of this, this MS thirteen dude who got a shipped down to El Salvador. I mean, the I think there is You know, I remember when Adam Schiff used to be on TV all the time, and you remember it well too, when he used to about Donald Trump and the Russian collusion. All there is ample evidence, all kinds of evidence out there suggesting that Trump was in collusion with the Russians. Well, you want to talk about ample evidence, there is ample evidence that this deported MS thirteen gang member, kilmar Abrego Garcia was a gang banger. And one of the things that they're talking about is in Tricia McLachlan. I think I've got a cut from her. She's an assistant at Department of Homeland Security, but she's talking about how this guy when when he was arrested, he had rolls of cash and drugs arrested with other members of MS thirteen. Two judges have found that he is indeed an MS thirteen gang member and that finding has not been disputed, and that when he was arrested he was effectively wearing an MS thirteen uniform and that comes from Department of Homeland Security. But now, you know, none of that is good for the national media. None of that is good enough for the you know a lot of lallmakers, a lot of Democrats in this country. And again, I don't know if this is going to be hill they're willing to die on. But we'll see what happens today. In the face of all this stuff that came out yesterday, Dan Carroll for Brian Thomas, fifty five KRCD Talk Station, fifty five KRCD Talk Station. One of the things that President Trump did yesterday was teaming up with DOGE to deny federal housing and jobs and benefits to illegal aliens, which I think is a good idea. There's also a poll that came out. Let me see if I can find that showing that, you know, most Americans do not want illegal aliens voting in US elections. Is there really anyone who can argue with that? Newly released rats musc and polls shows voters overwhelmingly support preventing non citizens from participating in US elections. The key word here is prevent, because the law already says only US citizens are allowed to vote in federal elections, but in numerous cases, non citizens have fraudulently cast ballots, throwing our results off and destabilizing trust in the election system. Just this month, Logan Washburn, an elections correspondent at Federalist, reported on fifteen likely non citizens who voted in Michigan. May seem like a small number, but this is one case among many, and that is enough to sway a close election. The easy fix is to require everyone registering to vote to prove to provide proof of United States citizenship. This is the simple goal of the Safeguard American Voter Eligibility the SAVE Act, which was recently passed in the House and must now clear the Senate. The SAVE Act, sponsored by Chip Roy of Texas, requires in person voter registration and documentation proving US citizenship by showing a real ID US passport, military ID, birth certificate, or other forms of ID. A national telephone survey and online survey of one thousand and forty eight likely voters. How important the ras mustn't asked? How important is it to prevent illegal immigrants from voting in US elections seventy five percent, overwhelming overwhelming majority said it's very important, and to my way of thinking, that number should be closer to one hundred percent. CJ is on the line. Day, How are you this morning?
Speaker 7: I'm going to excellent yourself.
Speaker 1: All right, Cee Day? What's up?
Speaker 3: You know?
Speaker 7: Yesterday I was driving to work and I noticed gas prices went through the roof all not through the roof, but they went up quite a bit yesterday. And so doing some reading and some research, there is a major earthquake that happened yesterday. And Adam Smith wins the game because California has done so much damage to this country politically through their environmental policies that they're not only having one refinery closed this year, they are having a second one close a year from now, and that is going to be close to twenty percent of their gasoline supply, which is going to reduce the national gasoline supply as well. And until we understand and realize how dangerous these environmental policies are, that it is actually part of the plan, it is not the consequence that it is going to be a continual effort across this country, and it will be the issue that may prevent the typical mid term election bounce from the minority party, because I don't care how many people are showing up to an AOC of it. If you're paying six dollars a gallon of gas and it's all due to some crazy California.
Speaker 2: Communists, which I'm a ninth generation.
Speaker 7: Californian myself, it is going to sway this country to stay on the right.
Speaker 1: Well, CJ, I think you you know, you make a good point about gas prices. Although I got I think I got gas yesterday and I think it was I want to say it was two seventy six where I got gas, So I don't know where you got gas, but I would be surprised if it's much higher than that anywhere around the tri States. Maybe I.
Speaker 7: Went from two eighty three eighty five or two eighty five, I'm sorry, at three nineteen overnight from Tuesday to Wednesday.
Speaker 1: Well then it sounds to me like you just hit the wrong place at the wrong time. But CJ, I appreciate the update on that. Got to run. We got news coming up at the top of the hour here on fifty five KRC, the talk station I always appreciate Sean McMahon rolling out the Van Allen checking off your Thursday morning, six oh five, two days after tax Day. It's so far in the rear view miror now we just need to forget about that. But it's Dan Carrolyn for Brian Thomas on the fifty five KRC Morning Show. Always glad to be here. I'm glad you are here as well. Five one, three, seven, four, nine, seven thousand. I just gave the wrong number fifty five. That slipped out a couple of times this week. Five three, seven, five hundred. Uh, you do that. You can call Tom Brenneman down the hall. He'll be glad to take your call. What do we have going on? So, Gail King, it has been answering some questions about her her flight, her mission in the Jeff Bezos rocket went up to space and all that. You say, you probably you know, we talked about it on the day that it happened. And and look again, I've been a fan of space flight since the earl. In my earliest days. I can remember, you know, Kennedy kicked off the you know, we got to go to the Moon, and you know, I was I think that was before I was born actually when he said that, But you know, I was a kid growing up and watching the Space Race. I remember that that July night when watching the TV and he had Walter Konkrete and talking about, you know, we've got live pictures from the Moon, Neil Armstrong walking on the Moon all that. So that I've always been a big fan of spaceflight, and I have no problem at all with these women taking off and you know, these space cadets going up in the space. Katie Perry, Gail King, all these others is referred to as girl bosses, and Gail King just as she's just not happy with the way this is all being portrayed. And my buddy Curtis Hauk over it Newsblusters did a look at this and talked about how much time CBS spent covering this flight. So he writes on Monday, this past Monday, CBS Morning co host Gail King took off on Blue Origins mission NS thirty one for what was from liftoff to touchdown back to Earth ten minutes and fourteen seconds from liftoff to touching back down to Earth ten minutes fourteen seconds from its February twenty seventh announcement. Through recaps on Tuesday, CBS Morning News spent roughly two hundred and fifteen minutes, that's three hours, thirty five minutes trumpeting King and her all female crew, nearly twenty one times more than the actual duration on board the rocket owned by Jeff Bezos. NewsBusters examined all forty one episodes of CBS Morning A CBS Saturday Morning between the unveiling February twenty seventh through Tuesday, March fifteenth to examine all mentions alluding to or segments related to King's adventure. Of those fourteen days, nineteen of them included references to King going from where are going to where a few humans have had the fortune to go. For this study, we excluded all episodes of CBS Sunday Morning. Given this function as a news magazine, CBS Morning Plus has it only airs on five CBS owned and operated stations and the CBS streaming platform, so you know there had to be coverage on those outlets as well. The most coverage came on launch day, with a whopping forties two minutes and forty eight seconds in the regular two hours, and then another forty eight minutes since twenty five seconds in the special third hour. So I mean it's I mean, this has been you. If you're watching the CBS Morning News, you have not been able to turn it on without knowing that Gail King was going to go into space and ever since they've been back. Now, look, I think I think a lot of Americans have looked at this and said, Okay, that's great girls, thank you very much. But I guess I guess she wants you know, I guess that you know, the coverage that you got on that is not good enough. And here she was talking about I think this was with the TV show Extra and here she was talking about it and Sean mcmanhon, let's hear cut number one. Please.
Speaker 8: I don't like that people are calling it a ride.
Speaker 1: A ride.
Speaker 8: You know, you never see a man, a male astronaut who's going up in space and they said, oh, we took a ride. We actually duplicated the route that Alan Shepherd did. That's why it's called this particular capsule is called the New Shepherd. We duplicated that route, that route. No one said he took that ride. It's always referred to as a flight or a journey. So I feel that that's a little disrespectful to what the mission was and what the work that Blue Origin does does. We use space technology all the time, whether it's your GPS, whether it's your satellite. That doesn't just happen every time a flight goes up. They get some type of information. Two of the astronauts, I still have a hard time calling myself an astronaut.
Speaker 1: So there's Gail King and look here's me. My point is, you went up in the space. It takes it. There's no question in my mind. It takes a certain amount of courage to climb into that rocket and launch yourself up in the space, whether it's the edge of space, you know, the upper stratosphere or whatever you want to call it. To do that take there is a certain amount of and I am giving that to these ladies all day long. But don't make it out to be something more than it actually was. What science are the American people or the people around the world going to benefit from that you conducted on board that flight, not the ride. The flight and by the way, calling it a ride, uh, the USA today is calling it a ride. Here's the headline. Could you take a space ride or could you take a ride to space? What to know about the Blue Origin after the celebrity space flight, and of course they you know, they were all talking about and how great it was for women across the world and all that. Do you know how much, Sean, do you know how much a ticket is to write on the Blue Origin, the the Jeff Bezos space launch. I'd have to imagine hundreds of thousands to the first tickets sold for twenty eight million dollars even close, Yeah, twenty eight million. So what are the chances that the ordinary people are going to get to go on the the you know, the the take a ride in.
Speaker 9: The space I think I could save the course of like ten lifetimes.
Speaker 1: No, so the average person is not going to be nearly as lucky as Gail King. And I don't know how she has room to complain about. And then she goes on to talk about how well we did the same route as Alan Shepherd. Well you know what, No, you didn't. Alan Shepherd, whose first mission ushered in the age of American human spaceflight, also became the first space traveler to manually control the orientation of the craft. Okay, so Alan Shepherd actually had controls in his spacecraft to manually control and control the orientation of the spacecraft. Yuri Gagarin, who was the first person into space, a Russian cosmonaut, that flight was largely automated. That's the way the Russians did it. So the other part is she talks about how they recreated the exact same route that Shepherd flew. Well, that's not true either. On his suburber orbital flight in the Freedom seven capsule, Alan Shepherd reached an altitude of one hundred and sixteen miles. This flight was on May fifth, nineteen sixty one. It made him the first American in space. Now, the Blue Origin took a similar route, but it's not the exact same as according to Gail King. Let's see the mission called NS thirty one included Lauren Sanchez, who's engaged to Bezos. Also the new Shepherd rocket. Then you've got the names of these other ladies who went up there. Let's see the sixty foot tall rocket topped with the They call it the gum drop shaped crew capsule. And I think there's a lot of other commentary that the capsule looks like, you know, the rocket looks like something else when you take a look at it. But so that was the capsule. And then I played the sound of the women on board the the ship and I don't know, I don't know where these you know, these scientific experiments took place. But maybe they'll fill us in on that one of these days. But this capsule went to the sixty two mile high internationally recognized boundary of space, sixty two miles. So Alan Shepherd went up one hundred and sixteen miles. They went sixty two miles. That's almost double, almost double what the women did. Alan Shepherd had controls in his space cap Are there any controls at all inside the Blue Origin? So if someone says it's a ride, it pretty much is a ride. You're Yeah, there's a lot of discussion going on. You know, were they crew members or were they passengers? You're sitting in there. You know, when you ride on a big jet airplane and you fly from one end of the country to the other. Are you going for a ride or are you a crew member? Do you have any controls? What's you can control? The what can you control on an airplane? Sean mcmah, You can control what the the little thing where the you know, where the air comes out. And the light you can blow air on yourself. There's a light you can control if you sit by the window. Yeah, you got the little shade that goes up and down. The last time I was on an airplane, there used to be a little buttons on the side of the handle, and you could recline the seat a little bit. That option has gone from the last the least few times I flew there was there was no reclining of the seat whatsoever. So that's gone. And you can put your luggage in the overhead bind Those are not really controls of the of the craft. So Gail King, please spare us the the indignation because people, you know, look, talk about your spaceflight all you want, Just don't make it out to be something more than it was. I am not questioning your courage. I am not questioning the courage of any of these other women. I'm not questioning how wonderful and exhilarating would be what I if I was able to find someone to pay my twenty eight million dollars so I could take a ride on that, I certainly would. You know, William Shatner went up in the Blue Origin. He didn't try to make it You know he wasn't, and he came back and he was still you know, we didn't trying to make it sound like he was doing things that that Captain Kirk did when he was zooming around on the Starship Enterprise. So Gail King, don't make it more than it was. That's all I'm saying. Not trying to belittle your or your accomplishment at all, but don't tell me you did the same route as Alan Shepherd and that you were a crew member as opposed to taking a ride passenger. If it was a guy that went up there, we'd be talking about the exact same way. And if he tried to make it out to be more than it was, I'd probably have a lot more harsh criticism than I do for you. Six eighteen late for a break, Dan Carroll for Brian Thomas, fifty five krc DE talk.
Speaker 10: Station, fifty five krc Can I get meg a million?
Speaker 1: Fifty five krc DE talk station one more day for Dan Carrolyn for Brian Thomas, Kevin Gordon since here tomorrow, so we'll all be listening together to that. Let's go back to the phones, and William is on the line, and William here on fifty five KRC. How's it going, Thank you.
Speaker 11: Sir, good morning, Thank you for taking my call. And I've just got a few points. I mean, here, okay, what was the purpose of these women? I just got three questions. What was these women's purpose.
Speaker 4: To go up there?
Speaker 11: They were up there for eleven minutes I heard, and what did they do? I mean, and what was the whole purpose of it? It looked like these women, with all due respect, I don't understand, and I hope taxpayer money wasn't involved in this. It was symbolism without any substance. These women going up into a spaceship. It looks like a penis What are they doing?
Speaker 2: What I mean?
Speaker 1: You know, hold on, hold on one second, son McMahon. Do you still have the sound that I played on I believe it was either Monday or Tuesday of when the women were up there in the space capsule. Yeah, let me see it, let me see you can hear it. I actually, yeah, I actually played the sound of them when they were in the space capsule and I was I was listening and I did this. I believe it was on Tuesday. But I did the story and I talked about there was an interview that took place with May Jemison, who was one of the one of the well not the first female. I believe she was the first black woman in space. And whoever was doing the interview with her talked about how they were going to conduct scientific experiments on board this flight. And I'm and I'm thinking to myself, look, the whole thing lasted less than eleven minutes from takeoff to landing, less than eleven minutes. I don't know of very many scientific experiments that you can that you can do in that span of time. So you asked what they did up there. Sean McMahon has found the SoundBite of what the women recorded themselves doing once they once they got to weightlessness. And William listened to this, and will he be able to hear this on the phone when Okay listen to this. This is this is their recording of what they did when it was time to unstrap and be weightlessness, for the amount of time that they were weightless. And here it is hit.
Speaker 12: That got it one two, three, mirror tmr's in space.
Speaker 13: He's Okay's land up there. Flynn, I got you, I got youa Flynn gotcha?
Speaker 1: Oh oh, the moon.
Speaker 10: You guys, I will have to tell you.
Speaker 7: Look at the moon.
Speaker 1: That's amazing. Wow, look at the blue line.
Speaker 12: My gosh, oh my god.
Speaker 13: Okay, how it's time to take out.
Speaker 1: Whoa, whoa, whoa.
Speaker 11: That's amazing.
Speaker 1: All right, So William, there you go and you can decide for yourself. That was actually.
Speaker 11: One last question. The taxpayer money paid for this symbolism with any stuff?
Speaker 1: I do not believe there was any taxpayer money involved. All these women who went up are extremely wealthy, extremely rich, and uh, you know, Jeff Bezos' girlfriend was the one who drove it. So I believe CBS footed the bill for Gail King and and maybe Bezos paid for these other two individuals. Who are you know, I guess they claim there's some sort of scientist or something. But Katie Perry's got enough money so she can afford it. I don't think there was any taxpayer dollars that that were involved in it, thank god. But you know you heard you heard the sound from inside the capsule. So, as I talked about earlier this morning, we report you decide. You decide what was the benefit for all humankind that these women dared the voyage to the edge of space on fifty five KRC, the talk station. Fifty five KRC, the talk station.
Speaker 2: I guess.
Speaker 1: There was a meeting last night between Cincinnati Public Schools, the Board of Education, and the City of Cincinnati's Healthy Neighborhoods Committee, and one of the things they talked about was youth sports and you sports supposed to be a safe place for kids to have fun, to compete. Multiple games last year were disrupted by gun violence, whether it was Cincinnati police responding to a shooting that injured too at a peewee football game or CPS changing several football game kickoffs due to community violence. Safety at you sports felt uncertain for many. There were almost two hundred kids still there at a time when shots went off. Most of these kids were extremely traumatized that Peterson Mingo, a community activist. Wednesday's meeting, council member Scotti Johnson said adults betting thousands of dollars on games was the root cause of much of this violence. Yeah. I had kids who were involved in U sports and we went to and we traveled all over the place to go to games, whether it was soccer or football, or swimming or what other sports did they did some baseball I don't remember any wagering going on at any point, but apparently that's a thing now. It has been a thing Wednesday's meeting, Scotti Johnson said adults betting thousands of dollars well the root cause of the violence. You cannot have youth football. This is a quote from Scotti Johnson. You cannot have youth football games where there are three, four or five thousand dollars bets taking place. He said, people are dying for a lot less money. Who in their right mind goes out and bets that kind of jack on a on a little kid football game. I mean, if you've got that kind of money to throw around, I would think that that would be money, that would be entertainment. I don't know how you can can rely. I mean, look, betting on college football is hard enough. Bettan on pro football hard enough. How do you bet on little kid football? Sean McMahon, would you ever put place a wager on little kid footb No? No, I don't think so. Johnson claims that betting is also the reason Cincinnati police no longer patrol youth football games. Now, that doesn't make any sense to me, And I don't know if I would have seen this yesterday. I certainly would have asked Ken Cobra about it. He said. So the reality and the difficult conversation when it comes to our young people, are this community stop betting on our children? Johnson said, because that really is what has taken place, and that is why Cincinnati police have stepped away. If I had a chance to talk to Scotti Johnson, I would certainly question that. I don't know why Cincinnati police would step away just because there's wagering going on in the stands and it's apparently, according to Scotti Johnson, led to some of the shootings and violence that we saw last year. Yeah. You look, if you're a parent out there and you've got a little kid involved in youth football, you don't need to be wagering on the you know, maybe it's a you know, a form of entertainment, I don't know, but you don't need to be betting on it. And then certainly, uh, you know, having shots fired because someone lost a bet on a little kid football game. To talk about things that are ridiculous, and that's one of them right there. Six thirty six on fifty five KRC, the talk station fifty five k the talk station. It's official fifty five KRCD talk station, Dan Carroll for Bryan Thomas. And I think it was yesterday, maybe around this time. Then I had a caller and the caller was talking about the n g o s and these nonprofits and you know, the the money that was going out of all this stuff that's been uncovered by And so I was getting ready for the show today and I was looking at the europe Post and found this piece written by Glenn Reynolds, and he lays it out pretty well in this piece, how democrats use NGOs to end run voters and starts like this. I'm often darkly amused by common examples of inherently false nomenclature jumbo shrimp, government ethics, unbiased news coverage, and one of our society's biggest falsehoods in a name, non governmental organizations. Until recently, these groups have been widely seen as international idealized versions of domestic nonprofits. We thought of them as do good organizations set up by people who really care about the environment, about poor people, about children, about freedom. We imagine they raise money, help the downtrod, send out press releases, and engage in other private activities to promote the causes they favor. They're not government entities, we thought the very name says that, but a species of private charity whose good intentions deserve the benefit of any doubt. Perhaps some NGOs do operate in that way, but as we've learned recently, partly as the result of the Department of Government efficiency, many non governmental entities are really just fronts for government activities that Americans would never stand for if Washington attempted them directly. For example, America's border crisis was funded in large part by President Joe Biden's government, which sent large sums of money in the form of grants and or grants to various NGOs that helped train migrants how to get into the United States and how to claim asylum once they arrived, helped the illegal immigrants with expenses on the way, and provided legal resources and more than twenty two billion dollars worth of assistance for them, including cash for cars, home loans, and businesses startups once they got in. This was US taxpayer money laundered through independent organizations that served to promote goals contrary to US law but consistent with the policy preferences of the Biden administration under President Trump, this funding has been halted, and unsurprisingly, the flow hold on saying yeah, so this funding has been halted, and unsurprisingly the flow of illegal immigrants did too. Likewise, the weird wave of sudden global enthusiasm for trans rights and novel ideas about gender turns out to have been largely funded by the US government through USAID grants. USAID. I remember all the talk about USAID when that first surface. Federally funded mngos spent millions on everything from a transgender opera in Colombia to a campaign promoting being LGBTQ in the Caribbean to an lgbt community center in Bratslavia, Slovakia. As data expert Jenny's Pounds puts it, over the last few months, we've come to a realization that should have landed much harder. NGOs weren't just adjacent to government. They were tools of the government, the parallel government, specifically doing things that Washington bureaucrats knew fool well they could not easily do themselves. The big surprise is that we are so surprised that this has been going on. The Lack of accountability also made NGOs a perfect conduit for funneling money to Washington insiders. It's been a profitable cycle. Politicians fund agencies, agencies make grants to NGOs, NGOs hire politicians wives and offsprings, and sometimes the politicians themselves once they've left office. Senator Sheldon white House, Democrat Rhode Island, for example, voted to award fourteen point two million dollars to Ocean Conservancy since two thousand and eight. The NGO, in turn, paid his wife, Sandral Whitehouse and her form two point seven million dollars for consulting work. So see, this is what I was talking about yesterday, you know, in the grand scheme of things, fourteen point two million dollars going from the federal government to the Ocean Conservancy. Yes, I mean, it's not even a drop in the bucket, it's not even scratching the surface. But when that money funnels down to the wife of someone like Senator Sheldon white House and her firm, her consulting firm gets paid two point seven million dollars for consulting work, well, then all of a sudden that turns into a nice fat number, doesn't it. No wonder the Washington establishment went crazy when Trump and Doge started cutting off such funds. It was striking to see how many NGOs folded their tents almost immediately when Trump shut down USAIDS, sprawling and largely unmonitored grant making activities. And THENNGO that can't function without government money is anything but non governmental. That is a that is a profundanity. As Rush Limbaugh used to say, An NGO that can't function without government money is anything but non governmental. And that's part of a global pattern. So this is just an excellent piece that lays out exactly what I was trying to tell the caller the other day about how these things work. And it's odd how this money always finds its way into the hands of people who are friendly with politicians on Capitol Hill, people who are related family members, and that money, again, it's money laundring. It goes out, some of it gets used for the intended purpose, and usually it's not much, and it comes back in. And the Clintons have been way ahead of the curve on this for decades now decades, and everyone else was in on the grift too, And at least Trump brought it to a stop, at least for now. Six forty seven fifty five krc We got Mic on the line. We'll hear what Mike has to say about youth gambling. Are gambling on you sports? After this fifty five KRCD Talk Station fifty five KRCD Talk Station six fifty one on this Thursday morning, my final morning's this week, sitting in for Brian Thomas, and let's go to the phones, and Mike is online and Mike, you're on fifty five KRC.
Speaker 14: I got to count about the people gambling on you sport. Yeah, I wonder how much just stems back to all the like draft Kings and all that they've gotten people so addicted to gambling.
Speaker 1: They'll gamble on anything. I mean, I would have to go ahead.
Speaker 14: They tempt you it there and they're like, hey, you bet five dollars, We'll give you another two hundred bucks a bet, And I mean they it's so much out there in your face anymore.
Speaker 1: It's it's gotten ridiculous. I don't know. I look at it and I remember when I first heard about this. I'm thinking, you know, maybe this is just a few dads who are looking for a way to generate a little more Look going to a kid's football game, if you're a parent, it's a big deal if your kid is, you know, eight nine or ten years old and they're playing in a youth football game. Outside of that, they really don't generate all that much excitement. So maybe maybe there's some dads or some parents who need field and need to generate a little more excitement. I would think that if you're betting, you know, doing like real sports gambling, if you're betting on the Masters, or you're betting on football or college basketball, whatever the case may be, I would think that's sort of a different mindset, a different level of betting than when you go to a little kid, you know, a pee wee football game, and you got little kids who are running around the field like that. I mean you, I mean, really, do you ever know what you're going to get out of a out of a you know, kids who are eight, nine or ten years old playing football or are really engaging in any sport. I mean, they're pretty much out there just running around and having fun. At least that's what, you know, what the premise ought to be. We lost Mike Sean. You didn't hang up on him, did you, I know, he just sort of he just sort of faded out.
Speaker 2: There.
Speaker 1: All right, Well, well we certainly appreciate that. What else do we have going on? What else? What else do we have going on? Let's see, let's see we talked about Gail King and her launching into space. Oh, the city of Chicago, Cinco de Mayo was coming up, sewn. Do you ever do anything for Cinco de Mayo.
Speaker 9: Oh, it's my brother's birthday that day, birthday, So that's that's a big deal.
Speaker 1: Then, I mean you put on a sombrero, you know, and go out and have a few Margarita's stuff like that. Definitely Margarita's. Yeah, I love I love me and Margarita. How can you not? I certainly I like the fee Do you like that? I like the Frozen ones?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 1: Those are really good. Yeah, I do like the Frozen ones. But in Chicago, the annual Cinco de Mayo parade on the South Side has been canceled this year organ is or citing concerns over increased federal immigration enforcement operations. So I guess they I guess what is going on in Chicago. Look, if you're in the country legally, if you are here and in good standing, you don't have anything to fear. This is the kind of stuff that just raises uh, you know, unnecessary, unnecessary concern, unnecessary Uh, you know, it's just it's just the whole thing is unnecessary anxiety. The announcement comes amid growing anxiety within the city's undocumented population. Okay, if you're undocumed. Look, if you're undocumented, you should have a lot more, a lot more bigger fish to fry than whether or not you're going to go to a Sinko to Mayo parade. Would it makes sense for Tom Homan and his his crews to be out there during the Sinko to my I think it would. Might they be able to identify some people who are in the country illegal? Quite possibly, yes, But don't you know, don't cancel the parade for those people who want to legitimately have a good time that day. Look, if Chicago's undocumented population is that robust, then you know Tom Homan and his folks need to get in there and get busy. Six fifty six fifty five krs. The talk station fifty five KRC Detalk Station seven O five on this Thursday morning is rocking and rolling all the way through this week. Only one more day and then we have a great weekend. I hope you're all having a great week so far. And looks like it could be a little stormy this weekend, so we had the forecast coming up in a little bit. This senator from Maryland Chris van Holland Jesse Waters calls him Chris van Halen, which I find slightly amusing. But he decided to go down to El Salvador, and for some reason, he is in love with this Abrego Garcia. Some reason he's in love with this dude. And I know, I guess he figured who was ever giving this guy advice is giving him some bad advice, and he's a fool. He's a moron for taking this advice and making such a big deal about going down to El Salvador and acting as if he's going to bust this dude out of prison. He got down there and then he I mean, he sent videos himself in the airport, video of himself when he landed, video of himself driving to whatever city he drove to, said he was going to meet with these very important leaders of El Salvador, then go to the prison and bring this guy home. Got to bring this guy home. Well, first of all, he's in the country illegally, and the Assistant Secretary of State, Trician McLaughlin was on ABC News and again, this is what I love about the Trump this Trump administration. They are not hiding from any of this stuff, anything that gets thrown up against them. They are going out and confronting every single issue and they certainly are not hiding from this. But Assistant Secretary Trisia McLaughlin was on ABC News and really laid it out for him about what is going on with this dude, and this is what it sounded like. Sean McMahon Cutt number two.
Speaker 15: Please, he is a member of MS thirteen. I don't think you'd want to be his neighbor. Jai, I sure one, And I don't think many Americans watching would want to be this individual's neighbor. He's been involved in human trafficking, he's been involved in labor trafficking, and he should not in this country. So whether he's in a now salvatory, in jail or US detention facility, I am so very glad, as are millions of Americans that he is off of US streets because remember Jay, who is MS thirteen. They maim, they rape, they kill Americans for sport and the American people are done with it, they said. So on November fifth, four.
Speaker 1: They maime, they rape, they kill us citizens, and these are the people. This is the individual that this Senator Van Holland wants to bring back to the United States. Wants to pretend as though the Trump administration is guilty of some egregious crime for sending this guy down to El Salvador. And so the White House is pretty much having a full court press on this dude. And they shot back putting out all the evidence they have that this guy is a mess of their teen gang member Kilmar Abrego Garcia, twenty nine years old, El Salvadorian national. So the notion that, you know, the Van Holland wants to bring him home to Maryland is completely false because the guys from El Salvador, so he is home, entered the United States illegally when he was sixteen, and now he is the local you know, the current caused leb for the for the Democrat Party. So Van Holland went down there, tried to get him out of prison. The prison said nababa, nah, you're not coming in. You're not meeting with this guy, and you're not making us look like fools. We are not. They are not sending him back. The White House put out all kinds of stuff about this dude. Let's see, let's see what I do with this. The media would love for you to believe that this is the media, darling. They would love for you to believe that, you know, the Trump administration is in the wrong for sending this guy down there. You know, they've released all the documentation, they have all you know, these different judges that have found this guy to be an MS thirteen gang member, and they I don't know how much more documentation you can put out there. But of course the media want to say that there's no evidence that this guy is a gang member at all. When Garcia was arrested in March of twenty nineteen, he was with some of his homies found to be in possession of marijuana, discarded several other items at the scene. There are two small plastic bottles containing marijuana located at the scene. He was arrested with two other members of MS thirteen, and their names are provided here. Fourth individual, who was unnamed, was also interviewed. Members of the Prince George's County Gang Unit MS thirteen Intelligence squad have encountered these other individuals multiple times, and they really they go chapter in verse and then at the White House yesterday there was gut wrenching testimony from Rachel Marin's mother. Now, Rachel Marin is a woman and her mother lives in Maryland, so she is a constituent of this Senator Van Holland, and she was talking about just the horrific circumstances that surrounded her daughters. But it wasn't good enough for NBC or any of the coverage from any of the major networks. According to NewsBusters, the legacy media continues their advocacy on behalf of this guy kill mar Abrego Garcia, the MS thirteen gangster who was deported to El Salvador. They ran about twelve seconds worth a coverage on this, and this is what at least the intro to the piece sounded like, this is Tom Lamas, who's the anchor, and this is how they address this situation. Let's hear cut number three.
Speaker 16: There are several breaking developments tonight on the president's mass deportation plans and the way they're being carried out from courtrooms to the streets, including this one near Boston. We're seeing dramatic tactics from ICE agents making a rest.
Speaker 1: So they're talking about dramatic tactics of ICE agents. And when he talks about the courtroom, there's video from looks like there's a guy who gets off an elevator it looks like and is running from ICE agents and they tackle the dude to catch up to them. And there was some other video they had of some windows being busted out of a car. So this so we're, you know, again NBC trying to put fear into people that these ICE agents through out of control. But when it came to covering Patty moren here's what that coverage sounded like. Let's hear cut number four.
Speaker 6: Lly today the White House highlighting the story of Patty Morin, whose daughter Rachel was killed by an undocumented immigrant.
Speaker 8: These are the kind of criminals President Trump wants to remove from our country.
Speaker 1: And that was it. That was it. And here is the same woman speaking to Senator twenty five KRCD talk station seven nineteen. My buddy's eke garam Arkham coming up at the bottom of the hour. In the meantime, let's go back to the phones and too Sweetish checking.
Speaker 17: In Hey, good morning, dad.
Speaker 1: Sweet good to hear your voice this morning.
Speaker 17: How are you pretty good? I got a theory on the gambling in the Little league.
Speaker 1: Let's hear it.
Speaker 17: Some of the street hustlers dan or financing some of these teams, okay, and they're trying to recruit, recruit, I mean, you know, get some of the investment back, and they're trying to win championships for bragging rights. That's what I hear is going on in the street because they can't get expensive for equipment, trips, et cetera. So that's what a gamlean, that's what enticing his gampling.
Speaker 1: Are these the youth football leagues? Are they are they? Are they legitimate? I mean, if if they're being.
Speaker 17: Funday, yep, yeah, game'll be in a whole bit. But you got to get the funny, Well, sure you do. And so you know, the equipment can be very expensive, and and and the street hustler he's the one that's investing in these teams.
Speaker 1: So instead of these kids going out and selling the candy bars and mattresses and stuff.
Speaker 17: Like that, some of that goes on to but some of them just don't have the true financial vacking, so that the street uster will put his money up.
Speaker 1: So are they wagering against parents or the kids? You know, he got the parents from one team wagering against the kids from the other team. How does that? How does that on?
Speaker 2: Yep?
Speaker 17: Yep, yep, that's the second what's going on? And some of those little teams be dominating, So you know it's right for for gambling, that's for sure.
Speaker 1: Would you would you wager that kind of money on a nine year old playing football?
Speaker 17: New but you know the guy that the owners sort of speak, he will because he's spending thousands of dollars and you want to get it back.
Speaker 1: So is this like, is this like a whole subculture that I would.
Speaker 17: Say so yep, yep, for sure, yep, an no doubt about it there. That's my theory. That's what it looks like to me.
Speaker 1: That's what I hear is there is there some some real talent? Are they Are they trying to latch onto these kids maybe for future earnings, you know, maybe when the hook up with some of the nil money when they get to college and and and maybe even beyond that.
Speaker 17: Is that like a long time you can discount that it was a kid that he was he was a pretty tired of the kid. He just committed suicide here recently. And he had some talent young kid, he's nice five, big kid, but he got caught up to the stuff and committed suicide here, originally very talented football player. Yeah, I mean that's it's a culture for sure.
Speaker 1: I don't know, that's it to my way of thinking. If you've got little kids who are playing sports, this is really is it's an abomination. It's an adulteration. I mean, these sorts of things should not be happening when it especially when they involve little kids. You got the kids out there try trying to have fun, trying to learn a little something, and you know, you got adults who are you know, gambling and putting all this kind of you know, putting all these kind of extra things on on the on these little kids, the precious What about is that? Is that falling on the coaches? Is you know, it's one thing, you know, when when my kid was playing little kid football, I used to have the coach tell me, uh, the coach told me that you know that that you look at every parent. We were at a like, you know, a year end event, and he sees he came up to me and said, you're the only parent who never called me during the course of the season and talked about, Hey, my kid needs to play tight end, or my kid needs to you know, be the you know, be the running back or the quarterback or whatever. And and so I can only imagine you know, you know, you got the coaches that I dealt with, we're dealing with that kind of pressure. But when you're talking about this kind of money changeing hands, that seems to me like it it's a whole different level of pressure for those who are called in the coaching and the administration of and all the rest of that stuff.
Speaker 17: And you got some of the street halls who are coaches, so that gives them even the more sent up to one again to get that money back.
Speaker 1: You know, what kind of breaking rights can you have if you you've got little.
Speaker 17: We we we we we we We're the king of the Kings. We win a championship here in the heart, That's that's what it's all about. I just up here from what I what I hear on the streets.
Speaker 1: Man, Yeah, you're probably a little bit closer to it than I am. But too sweet. Always great to hear you, Yes.
Speaker 17: You have to give me some coverage. But did you read the Kevin Olwich article last Sunday.
Speaker 1: Regarding Tom Brenneman. Yes, I did. Was the radio station deciding to bring him on? But what what what he talked about was? Uh he mentioned the the Trump administration unrelenting attack on the l g B t Q community and nonsense. And I know a lot of people in this community. I know a lot of people who you know, in that community who support this president and his policies, and they don't want to be associated with, you know, the mutilation of children, the under affirming this and and all that nonsense, and the transgender issues and all the rest of it. So you know, that is what largely Trump is looking at to call this an all out assault. The only thing that they really got me on that is I would like to see him provide some evidence to that, and I really don't think that he'd be able to.
Speaker 17: Did he give you the impression that he was disappointed at alw Herding?
Speaker 1: I don't know. I would like to think that he was leaving that decision up to the up to the readers. Obviously, he you know one he was the way I read that was. There was a letter that was published a couple of days before Aldrich wrote that piece, and the letter essentially said the same thing that the letter was. The letter writer was saying that they shouldn't have hired him because of, you know, these past transgressions. But you know, the way Aldrich lated it out there was that, you know, Brenneman apparently declared that, you know, he's a he's a staunch supporter of Trump, and then tied that in with Trump's unrelenting attack on the LGBT community. So he was sort of questioning the sincerity that Brennanman has had when it comes to, you know, apologizing for you know, whatever behavior he was guilty of.
Speaker 17: Well, I think if you listen to Kevin, he's clearly a bleeding on leftist.
Speaker 1: Well that that may be true, But you know, I I've had him on the show a couple of times, and we've always had some honest discussions, and I certainly hope that'll continue in the future. But Too Sweet, we got to run. I appreciate the call, appreciate you check it in brother, all right, take care? Too Sweet. Always good to hear his voice. Seven twenty six on fifty five KRC The Talk Station fifty five KRC, the Talk Station. A Minute of Hope is brought to you by the Lendard R see the Talk station seven thirty on this Thursday morning, Dan Carolyn for Brian Thomas. One more day, Kevin Gordon'll be here tomorrow morning, and I get to welcome in one of my one of my all time favorite guests, Zeke Arkham is a prolific poster on different types of social media. I follow him on X but I would, I would imagine or recommend that you follow him just on any social media outlet you possibly can. And Zeke Arkham, it is great to have you back on the radio fifty five KRC. How are you this morning? Thanks for getting up early. By the way, You're welcome, You're welcome.
Speaker 2: How are you, my friend? I'm good to have me on again.
Speaker 1: I'm good. It's it's always great to have you on. And I see now you're calling yourself a professional roaster. I love that because I say someone gets in your crosshairs, they're going to get it pretty good. You know a lot of.
Speaker 2: People tell me don't see the trols. I've seed them. Just be as the entertainment for me. You know, if you if you come at me, I'm gonna Mickey pay for it. And I pretty much got a queen record, so I like doing it.
Speaker 1: It is it is amazing to me how many people choose to come after you, and they do so to their regret, I think eventually, And I'm gonna get to that probably here in a little bit. But let me ask you. You're in the You're in the belly of the beast. You're there in New York. And Letitia James that this story that that broke late I guess it was Tuesday night and during the day yesterday and continues on into today about she may have falsified this documentation when it comes to getting mortgage loans pretty much the exact same thing that she went after President Trump for. How is all this playing in New York? I would imagine that this is a pretty big story in your neck of the woods.
Speaker 2: Well, thankfully, I'm on Long Island, which is which is a lot more red than New York City, which thank god, because I'm running out of places to move to. But you know, listen that old adage, if you come out after the king, you better not miss and she missed. They all did, and Trumps president and I have no problem with him now going okay, well, let's let's turn the lens back on you. Now, let's see what you've got going on. And it terms you know, she's she lived in a glasshouse, and she threw stones, and now some stones are getting thrown back at her. And I can't wait to see how this develops. You know, I wanted to see her have to answer now. I want to see her after a paint a test for what she's got going on. So, you know, she she missed, the whole Democrat Party missed. You know, we all knew this was a bogus trial to begin with when she went after him from oligo, and there's been absolutely nothing of substance that's come out of that. And I want to see how this hole shapes out and if if she's if she was caught with her hand in the cookie jar, I want to see her pay for it. Absolutely.
Speaker 1: Yeah. The New York Post is having a field day with this. How how much fun is it to uh to to get up every morning and and and find out what the cover of the New York Post is going to be? Because they are just uh, I mean, they are covering this like nobody's business.
Speaker 2: The Post isn't is a newspaper around here in New York that uh they lean right, but they get a lot of things wrong. But uh, you know, listen, they their covers are unbeaten, you know, so they're they're they're pretty good with it. And to see her on the cover and she's looking she's got that look in her eye, you know, she's got that uh what I call the crying Jordan's face going on, because just her look is just like, oh no, what's going on here? You know. So I'm happy to see it. And like I said, you know, if this leads to a trial for her, that leads to her having to answer for what she's done the videos, if this is turnabout in fair play, like she said, no one is above the low. So I'm all ford, let's see. I want to see how this develops.
Speaker 1: Yeah. The the other story we've been talking about this morning is this Senator Van Holland, Chris van Holland went down to El Salvador, you know, pretended that he was going to go down there and meet with the leaders of Al Salvador, go into this prison and get this you know, this kil maar Armando Garcia out of prison and bring him back, bring him back home, he says to to Marylyn. And and you were commenting on your social media that you thought it was pretty ridiculous that this is the hill that Democrats are choosing to die on. Well, you know, when it comes to illegals being in this country and this guy being an MS thirteen gang member, it is it just it It seems to me like it's the biggest blind spot that I've ever seen the Democrats looking at this, that that they want the you know, this guy is representative, representative and emblematic of just the most horrific and horrendous things that could be brought upon American citizens. And yet they're going down and reaching into the muck and the meyer and they want to bring this guy back and hold him up as an example of everything that's wrong with the Trump administration.
Speaker 2: I mean, this is a typical Democrat response to anything Trump does. Right, they're going after a gang member, a bona fide gang member, MS thirteen gang member. You know, the last I checked MS thirteen, they're not exactly good people.
Speaker 1: You know, they don't have to say that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's not like there goal to join MEMB their team. You know, they're like, well, what acts of benevolence have you committed? You know, what, what volunteer work have you done in order to get into at thirteen? You know they're not they're not you know, opening up soup kitchens across El Salvador exactly. So the fact that the Democrats, you know, this, this this, this uh elected official went to El Salvador, Like, you know, I'm going to make this my mission to go up to the l Salvadorian government and return with this man so he can lead a productive blacks across America. No, this is this is the hell you're dying on. This is what you want to do now. This is how you choose to spend taxpayer money because you didn't use your own money to get down there.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know.
Speaker 2: You you choose to spend taxpayer money to go to another nation to try to demand this person's release. This guy was a horrible person, and but this is typical of Democrats. This is a TDS level that they're at now, and they just make themselves look bad. You know. For me, I'm all for you know, let's let's get that approval rating for the Democrats down a couple more notches.
Speaker 1: So let you don't want to stoping from digging and just let them. Let them keep digging. They're they're you know, they're going the way we want them to go, So why stand in their way if they're going to do that? Zeke, let me ask you a hold on real quick. We got to get to a quick break here in a little uh weather update, and we will continue on the other side with my buddy Zeke Arkham on fifty five KRC.
Speaker 10: The talk stays fifty five KRC.
Speaker 1: Hello, fifty five KRC, the talk station, continuing our conversation with my buddy Zeke Arkham and Uh. Zeke Arkham. Let me ask you this. One of the things you've been commenting on a lot, is this case involving Camarado Carmelo, Anthony uh and Austin Metcalf. First of all, how did this case reach the celebrity status that it has in your opinion? And then this news that came out yesterday that this family has raised so much money on I guess go fundme that that they are now living in in a house, renting a house in a gated community. They've got a brand new car. What kind of signaling is this it's going on from this family to I guess, I guess their supporters. What what's up with this case?
Speaker 2: I legitimately have no idea, Dan, I wish I could tell you, but I'm just seeing a lot of ugliness coming out of it from both sides, From all sides. Honestly, You've got black folks who are raising this person as some sort of pariah, you know, on their behalf, saying that this is you know, this is the hill they want to die on, so to speak. You've got the right meaning people who are now trying to raise this as as their person now. And and you know, it's just it's going back and forth, and there's a lot of other us coming out of it. I don't know what the facts are. I'm hearing different things about when the house was leased, when the when the car was brought. So I'm I'm sort of taking a stance now. Well I'm gonna take back and I'm gonna wait for the sax to come out, because you know, I want to see exactly what happened. I wanted to see exactly what the testimony is. I want to see exactly you know, just what the story is, what the whole story is. But I stand by what I said when I said judges shouldn't be activists, And I don't know if bail should ever be lowered, especially when you have a dead body. You know, you have someone who brought a weapon to a track meet and used it. Whether he was a good kid before that or not, you know, he still brought a weapon to a track meet. And you know, if it was a shoving match, if it was if it was a fight that happened, you still have someone who died. You still have a kid who didn't get to get home with his parents. So you know, I don't think the judge should have lord bale. I don't, you know. But uh, you know, like I said, let's see what happens with this, and let's see what the whole story is before we all start getting emotional about it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and if if you look at the media, at least as I look at the media coverage on this, it certainly is apparent to me would.
Speaker 2: Higher part to demonize Austin Metcalf. You know, they they've been handling Carmelo Anthony from what I've seen with kid gloves. But like I said, You've got dness for me from both sides because this is this has definitely been a racially charged event. I made the point on another interview where I said, but the biggest tragedy of all is that if both kids have been black, this, this wouldn't been covered. This just would have been another This just would have been another incident that happens. So I mean, you're looking at, you know, two families now whose lives will be changed for the rest of their lives now, and you're looking at two students who their lives will be changed. And you're looking at one student who he's not gonna have life. You know, you're looking at another student who is going to pay the consequences for what he did. And he made a bad decision one day and he's gonna pay for it. So you know, like I said, I want I want to see how the trial holds out. I want to see what stats come out. I want to see what happens. And but you know, I say that both sides, this is not the hill to die on. This is not the hill now to get out, you know, the worst to put the worst of of of our representation, of our representation and our representatives in front. So you know, like I said, just let's see what's going on.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the one thing you post about quite frequently is is your daughter and the way you are trying to raise her and bring her up and you know, have the have the values that you have and the things that you want to be instilled in her. And it's amazing to me how much constant criticism that people have because of the way you talk about It's obviously obviously how much you love her and care about her, but it's amazing to me the amount of criticism that people have when you talk about the things that you think that are important and the way that she ought to be brought up. I just I just you know, again, where do people get off thinking that they have, uh, you know, some some some right of way to come at you for talking about the way you want to raise your daughter.
Speaker 2: Well, that's that's why you know what I probably say it. Yes, I am indoctrinating my daughter. It's not it's not the teacher's job at her school to indoctrinate her. It's not the teacher's job at her school to try to, you know, move her in one direction or another. No, I'm her parents, between my wife and I to to raise her up the way we think she should be brought up, raise her up with our values. Yes, I'm one hundred percent saying that. Absolutely, that's that's what we're doing. You know. We we have a chance to send her to a Christian academy and their values reflect ours. And yes, we're going to do everything we can just try to get her into the school because we like to brought up a certain way. And when people go, well, you know, you're doctoring her. Yeah, well yeah, that that's our job as parents, you know, it's not is that our job to just kind of just leave her out there and be wild. No, we want her to to reflect what we what we what we uh, what we follow. So you know, I say, under shamedly, yeah, yeah, I'm one hundred percent doing that. And if you have a problem with that, there is literally nothing you can do about it. So cry more.
Speaker 1: Well, yeah, you're you're leading by example and uh and I think that, uh, you know, that's probably one of the very best things you can do. And uh, if more people were following you and looking at what you did, I think, you know this, the world in general would be a better place. So Zeke, if people want to follow you, I know I'm following you on X. Where else can people find you on? On social media?
Speaker 2: You can find me at Zeke Arkham z E E k A r k H A m over on X and over on Instagram and I invade the TikTok world just like Trump did. But I'm over there as real Zeke Oukham, so yeah, you can find me. I'm branching out into a third social media site. So yeah, that's all my social media.
Speaker 1: Real Zeke Arkham on the TikTok. Zeke, I appreciate the time as always, man. Always great to have you on. Great talking to you. Tell everyone in the family. I said, hey, and have yourself a great weekend, my friend. Appreciate it.
Speaker 2: Thank you, my friend, thanks for having me on.
Speaker 1: All right, there you go, Zeke Arkham and make sure you follow him on social media. You'll be glad you did. Seven forty eight fifty five KRC.
Speaker 10: DE Talk Station fifty five KRC.
Speaker 1: The Night First morning forecast from Jennifer catch Mark. Clearest, guys. This morning, mostly sunny today. We'll have a high sixty five, maybe a few showers late this afternoon, party cloudy overnight of low fifty three and very windy with a slight chance of rain. Tomorrow Friday is high seventy nine. It is thirty nine at fifty five krc DE talk station from the Ucagut Trampic Center.
Speaker 18: The UC Cancer Center offers the latest research based and holistic approaches to head end cancer called five Big five. UCCC in ben seventy four continues to run just a bit slow approaching seventy five. It's northbound seventy five or it's close to a ten minute of delay between Donaldson and downtown. Southbound seventy five break lights in and out of Lackland, and southbound seventy one starts to slow above to seventy five into blue Ash. Chuck Ingram on fifty five KRC the talk.
Speaker 1: Station fifty five krc DE Talk Station, Dan Carroll till nine this morning. My buddy Jim fab from the Conservative Caucus coming up after the news at the top of the hour, and I read earlier a piece about a little breakdown of the way the NGOs were and found another piece while I was getting ready for the show today ABOUTI DEI research in universities, and it was written by Casey Ryan at the at the Dally Caller and Casey Ryan writes with President Trump and his administration cutting federal funding from major universities for promoting diversity, equality inclusion initiatives, and allowing anti semitism in some Americans, especially students, may be concerned with how this affects their education. Despite their concerns, the situation is not as dire as it appears. Impacted universities have not exactly been clear or completely honest about the grants that they lost. Trump administration at first pause four hundred million in federal funding from Columbia last month. That was followed in April by the administration pausing over a billion to Cornell, seven hundred and ninety million to Northwestern University, five hundred and ten million to Brown. The US Department of Health and Human Services says data publicly available on many of the grants that were eliminated. These terminated grants exposed just how wasteful the universities were with taxpayer dollars. Columbia University, for example, wasted nearly forty seven thousand dollars on personal healthcare networks of transgender and gender diverse adults after gender affirming surgery, over a million dollars for the university's new Anga Center for Climate Justice, Health Equity and Community well Being. Again, can anyone explain to me what any of that means? Climate justice, health equity and community well being in East Africa, So it's not even the United States thing. But we spent a million dollars on that and gave it to Columbia University in East Africa. That's where that center is. Four hundred thousand dollars to study pride to enhance cancer screening guidelines for transgender users of gender affirming hormones. These are just a few of more than the one hundred and sixty terminated grants listed for Colombia, with a majority based on DEI and radical gender ideology research. But Brown University was just as bad. Brown University spent nearly one point three million on examining health comorbidities healthcare utilization disparities among older transgender and cisgender adults in the United States. I mean, if that sounds like mumbo jumbo to you, it's because it is seven hundred thousand dollars on intervention to enhance prep persistence among African American men who have sex with men and three hundred and fifty thousand dollars on making universal free of charge anti retroviral therapy for sexual and gender minority youth in Brazil. Again, more mumbo jumbo, more money laundering, and it goes on and on and on and the again. This is the kind of stuff that the Trump administration is saying no to. And we were talking about Harvard yesterday with their fifty four billion dollar endowment, and they're complaining about the money that Trumpet administration is withholding from them because they want to continue to allow anti Semitism to run wild on their campus. Seven fifty five at fifty five KRC, the talk station covering Trump's first one hundred days.
Speaker 11: Every day, America's deadline is.
Speaker 1: Over fifty five krs the talk station.
Speaker 10: This report is sponsored by Austin.
Speaker 1: The final hour of the fifty five KRC morning show, Dan Carroll in for Brian Thomas, thank you so much for being here. I'm glad to be here, and Kevin Gordon will be here tomorrow morning, bright in early five am, so make sure you are dialed in for that time to bring in my next guest. Jim faff is the uh, the main man at the Conservative Caucus. What exactly is your title there, Jim, I had it right there on the tip of my tongue. But you're like the president or the you know, the grand Pooba or something like that.
Speaker 4: Right, Well, I am the grand Pooba. I'm the president, and for those Spanish speakers, that's el President and chief chief bottle washer, right exactly. There's not a dirty bottle in the place outstanding.
Speaker 1: But Jim, it's great, it's great to have you on. Let me ask you a question this Judge Boseburg. In your opinion, is this guy a little bit out of control with you know, go ahead.
Speaker 4: I was gonna say he's entirely out of control. I mean, you're you know, I'm sure lawyers like to argue about these things, but when you're when you're talking about a case with such prominence, where the Supreme Court so fully rejected your ideas and you have the audacity to do this, it's and it's you're and against the politician. I mean, it's one thing that you've got some corporate leader, uh does something wins an appellate court, but there was really technically something that we're trying to get by with and whatever you can There are a lot of ways that you can skin this cap, but that ain't one of them. When you've got a political situation.
Speaker 1: Like this, it's then the Supreme Court also say that this was not his Uh, he didn't have standing here, that it was out of his jurisdiction, and that he shouldn't.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's exactly right. But see, this is how lawfair works. You go into technicalities because you have some other deep motive behind you. The Bible hates this stuff. God hates this stuff. This is called tipping the scales, you know, and and have having false balances. That's exactly what Bosberg is doing. It's literally, it's literally a spiritual judgment on a nation that we countenance this sort of thing, and we've we've got to actually go against it.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I heard a news reporter as I was on my way into the station this morning, and they were talking about this Boseburg thing, and and the reporter for the network was saying that the Trump administration supported all these you know, all these alleged gang members, all these MS thirteen gang members to El Salvador without any evidence that they were in the country illegally. What do you what do you make of that. When you hear news reporters, alleged news reporters use that term without any evidence, without presenting any evidence, what does that say to you?
Speaker 4: When you hear that, It says to me that it's entirely political. It says to me that they're not at all even judging the situation for what it actually is, and that there's no fairness or truth related to anything that they think. You know, the wanton disregard for reality and truth in the media and in our course, as far as it goes with Bozberg and many others, is a stain upon the way that this country was founded an imperfect but good people who sought to create a system that would be fair and honest and then allow people, for whatever good bad are and different decisions that they made for them to pay the price for that on their own. But no, we have we're twisting things entirely. This is literally even well beyond the kind of propagandistic efforts that you would get out of out of the Russian media during the Cold War. I mean, just the outrage you knew that they were lying all the time, you could hear it. They would formulate it in words that seemed to connect with truth in some way, but you knew that it was absolutely false.
Speaker 2: And I mean, it's amazing when we.
Speaker 4: Watch the once in disregard for truth. Thank goodness, we're we can now define women so we can get back to that truth again. But other than that, these people are outrageous.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I was talking earlier this week about and the media it constantly makes a big deal about Bernie Sanders and the oligachy tour that he is on, and he's warning about oligarchy at every turn, and I guess he's paling around with a Casio Cortes and she's raising millions of dollars and that's you know, I mean, here we are, we haven't even been in the second Trump administration for three months yet, and we're supposed to turn our attention to what's going to happen in twenty twenty eight. Do we as conservatives have any real reason to be concerned about Bernie Sanders or a Casio Cortez going around and pumping up these crowds and you know, with bass Trump and all the other stuff.
Speaker 4: Well, at the moment, no, because Democrats have such low numbers in the polls, it seems to indicate that the message is not penetrating. So at the moment, it's not so bad. But I'll tell you what my worry is. It's not AOC and Bernie Sanders. My worry is Republicans in Congress. It's like, get off your duff guys, and go ahead and just pass the Trump agenda, Like just go for broke.
Speaker 1: Just do it one time.
Speaker 4: Maybe let's do what everyone wanted us to do, and then just let's just see how that plays out. And Republicans have been and not all Republicans in Congress, but most of them right across the river there we have a really good one, Thomas Massey. But some of these guys don't want to do what the American people are telling them they'd like to do. And this is why Republicans are so weak in the eyes of people over time, because they throw that away. But this is a supreme opportunity to give the American people what they're begging for, what they're yearning for.
Speaker 2: This was a mass.
Speaker 4: Don't don't forget this this and this is a massive realignment in the electorate this last time around. You had middle class people, you had union people, you had young people all going with Donald Trump voting for him and giving him a majority. Now, let's just understand what a Hispanic too, a biggest movement in Hispanic community. Let's let's just take a close look at what that really means and what those people are really concerned about. They're not concerned about what Bernie Sanders and ALC is talking about. They're not sitting around saying, I hope Elon Musk doesn't have my Social Security number, which he doesn't have. They're don't sitting around worried that Doge wants to cut government services. They're tired of paying for government services. So just take the message, guys and get the win. But Bernie Sanders and AFC know they've lost that base and so they're desperately doing anything they can to get it. So far, it's not penetrating beyond their ability to get some crowds.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean, but when you touched on something that I think is really important, and it has long been a frustration of mine and others who are conservative that I know of, but that in Congress, when it comes time for the rubber to hit the road, so many that we rely on in Congress to carry out the agenda wind up sitting on their hands. And when you look, you know, when I look at everything that's going on with the Trump administration this time around, I can't figure out why they are choosing to act that way. You know, we just passed another continuing resolution. You know Trump wants this, you know, the big beautiful budget resolution bill with all the different stuff in it. And you know there are things happening in Congress to delay this procedurally and otherwise. And I don't know why they act like this time and time and time again, especially this time around, when it seems there's so much momentum in their favor.
Speaker 4: Well, never underestimate how invested a certain group of Republicans in Congress are to everything that's been going on prior to this year. That this is a really bad system. I lived in it for eight nine years with and I. You know, we had all the lobbyists come to our offices, the two guys I work for, and then and sometimes then after a while you stop.
Speaker 2: Having them coming.
Speaker 4: These people are invested in a system that is on cruise control, where they know that they can go grab up money here and grab up money there. And I'm not just talking about the lobbies. So I'm talking to the people they represent. Like, we've got a system where major corporations, particularly in the food industry is just a one recent example has been discussed. You know that you've got big corporations there that do not want to have any competition from small actors that they've sick cessfully driven out of their markets. That happens in many industries, banking and many other places too. It's called regulatory capture where the corporations really are running what the regulations are through these efforts. And they're Republicans who have been bought into this system. So that's one of the corrupting factors. And as you and I have talked about before, I know I've brought this up with you. I concern myself that these people who are not independently wealthy that get elected to Congress because they just want to do something good. They get that one hundred and seventy four thousand dollars a year paycheck, and if they ever lose an election, then they got to literally start all over in their careers because it's really that all consuming and overwhelming of job to do. You can give no attention to your career. Why you're a congressman. So they're scared about what will happen if they lose, and they're setting up that three hundred and four hundred thousand dollars a year lobbying job literally, and there's about a third of people that roll off of Congress that go into jobs like this. And this is the other thing. So you don't want to vote wrong because you at that lobbying firm.
Speaker 1: To hire you at.
Speaker 4: They're of other things too.
Speaker 1: What's gonna happen on the other side, Jim Faffs, stay right there. We got to work in a quick break and we will continue on with Jim faff on the other side of this on fifty five KRC the talk stations. Then I first wanting weather forecast, clear skys this morning, mostly sunny today, some scouted showers later on a high sixty five, partley cloudy over night, every night little fifty three and tomorrow very windy, a slight chance of rain, a high of seventy nine. It is forty at fifty five KRCV talk station from the UC Health Tramphics Center.
Speaker 18: The UC Cancer Center offers the latest research base and holistic approaches to head and neck cancer called five eighty five Ucce Seed Step Bend seventy five continues slowed through Locklub North Bend fourth seventy one, running heavy from Grand North Bend seventy five. That's close to a fifteen minute delay between Florence and downtown. Chuck Ingram on fifty five KRC Talk Station.
Speaker 1: Fifty five KRZ eight twenty on this Thursday morning, Dan Carroll in for Brian Thomas. We continue our conversation with Jim Paff of the Conservative Caucus, and Jim a couple of polls that I'm looking at here. One is an Erasmussen poll shows voters overwhelmingly support the idea of illegal aliens not voting in US elections. And then I look at this other poll that shows Trump's approval rating at fifty four percent, now the highest since he's been in office, since he was sworn in back in January. And as I see it, I see a direct correlation between these two things. That Trump ran on an agenda, he is doing everything he can to enact that agenda, and the American people so far at this point, approve of just about everything that's been going on.
Speaker 4: There is no disconnection between the American people and Donald Trump. That had built up so politically emotionally in the mindset of the American people. Donald Trump really still resonates with people. And by the way, it's anything politics, as you know, can change overnight. Things can go bad at any time. But when politicians who get elected by us do what we ask them to do, they respond positively. And fortunately for Republicans in Congress so far, they see Donald Trump performing because if they were paying close attention to what Republicans were doing in Congress, they might have a different opinion. And we've had that many times, like we got that with other Republican presidents. George W. Bush in my mind, really you know, he was able to get re elected great fine, but by the end of his term, people were so disgusted for the war, over the way that even the economy was running. They rejected him in two thousand and six because of this, by giving Democrats Congress. If Republicans are in Congress are not careful and they've not been absolutely horrible, I want to give him credit for that. They got the nominee through and they're still pushing some of those through that linger the House has actually been better in the Senate in a way, but if they don't really press this agenda and potify what Donald Trump is doing, they may have a tough run next year. Now that seems hard to believe because the other polls are that Democrats are at twenty one percent approval rating, you know, but Republicans are only a little bit above that at thirty nine percent. So this is a precarious political tightrope that these politicians walk, and they need to do what the Americans want them to do, what Americans want.
Speaker 2: Them to do.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but when they to my way of thinking, it's pretty easy to look at the example that Trump is setting that whatever the issue is, you don't run from it, you don't hide from it. He puts out his people. I mean every weekend, I see jd Vance, I see Scott Descent, I see Lutnik, I see Pam BONDI I see Christy Nome of Homeland Security. I see them on all the Sunday shows. And it doesn't matter ABC, NBC, CBS, They're on all the Sunday shows, CNN, all the rest of it. Every time that you turn around, you've got Marco Rubio who is schooling, absolutely schooling the media on different issues. And so don't run from it, don't hide from you know something that the media doesn't like and they want to throw it back in your face. Own it, double down on it. Explain to the American people what your position is and why you're doing what you are doing. I don't know why it is so hard for you know, when we talk about those in Congress, to look at the example that Trump is setting, and all you have to do is follow that example, and I think the results will speak for themselves.
Speaker 2: Well, actually it will.
Speaker 4: And this speaks to the leadership of Donald Trump. Though ultimately, because none of you know who a president chooses in their cabinet, even for their vice president. Although I'm a big fan of Jada Vance, those people aren't really the ones that directly got elected. I mean Jade Vance maybe slightly more. But Donald Trump has been through the gauntlet and he's been fearless about facing that gauntlet. And it's proof and it took no little time for it to be overwhelming in an electoral sense. Actually I think it was overwhelming in twenty twenty, but we won't readjudicate that. But the American people appreciate leadership when it's done in a way that is not corrupt and tried to twist them. The American people pick up when politicians are trying to put their arms behind their back and make them say uncle. Donald Trump doesn't do that to the American people. He respects the American people, and he did that by picking great people. This time. He learned everything that he needed to learn first his first administration, and he applied that and more in this one. That's why you're seeing that now. Republicans need to learn from the leadership aspect of Donald Trump and the fearlessness and courage aspect of Donald Trump, because the American people will run with you if you'll run with them. And even though you had the entire bureaucracy in three letter agencies and lawfair coming against him, he was still running with the American people. They rewarded him at the polls, and they'll reward any politician at the polls that will do what they're wanting and understand it well.
Speaker 1: Well, Jim, as usual, our time flies right by before I let you go, though. You have an event coming up on April twenty third that features Rod Magloyovitch of all people, and tell us about that event and if people want to find out about it. What do they do about that?
Speaker 4: Well, it's up in Chicago at the Drake Oakbrook on April twenty third. As you say, Boivin, who's just a passionate supporter of Donald Trump and a friend of mine. We just have him speaking in Chicago right his.
Speaker 1: Townsor that's right.
Speaker 4: But we've also got George Papadopolis will be there as well too, who's also a good friend. And then some folks locally have been fighting against this trans bathroom and locker room issue that have just made amazing progress. And so we're gonna we're celebrating freedom. The people can go to Theconservativecaucus dot org if they have some interest in that or our organization, and of course if they just want to be effective in their community on boots on the ground action just to overturn this what stupid politicians do, they can go to the Conservative Caucus dot org and just sign up at the top right there, get involved, and we've got lots of training and so forth available to people if they want to figure out how to be effective where they are at all.
Speaker 1: Right, Jim Faff, so great talking to you and always great having you, and I always appreciate the time, my friend, and uh, take care of yourself and hopefully we'll get to do it again before too long.
Speaker 4: Thanks Dan, you're a good friend. Appreciate it all right.
Speaker 1: There you go, Jim Faff Conservative Caucus and check out their website. Eight twenty seven, fifty five krc DE Talks.
Speaker 10: Days fifty five krc.
Speaker 1: This is Joe Cordell of Cordell and Cordell. Day nine first warning weather forecast. Mostly sunny today, then we could see some scattered showers later on about from four in the afternoons about eight o'clock tonight. Today's high sixty five, party, cloudy overnight, the overnight low fifty three, cloudy and windy tomorrow with a slight chanda brain. Tomorrow's high seventy nine. We are looking at forty two at fifty five krc DE talk station from the UCL Traffic Center.
Speaker 18: The u See Cancer Center offers the latest research base and holistic approach is to head and neck cancer called five eighty five u SEE CC step been seventy five continues slow through Walkland Stop seventy one through Blue Ash northbound seventy five, just under a ten minute delay between Donaldson and downtown. There's a wreck on Lynn above the Liberty Chuck Ingram on fifty five KRC, the talk station fifty five KRC, the.
Speaker 1: Talk station eight thirty two coming down the home stretch five one, three, seven, four nine, fifty five hundred phone lines are open once again if if you want to get on board. Jim Faff is just terrific Conservative Caucus. I I'm trying to think when it was I I first found out about it. It was late last year's well or maybe early last year. I don't know. I get I get my times mixed up, but I've had that guy on a number of times and he's just just terrific, and I want to thank him for his time this morning. Always great to have him on. Gavin some who will no doubt run for president and probably this next election cycle, has spent another two point eight billion dollars to bail out the Medicaid program medical which he opened up to all the illegals and you know, all the if you're illegal, come to California, free medical care. Two point eight billion. Newsom had requested another loan of three point four billion to cover the program's six point two billion dollar deficit six point two billion dollars. The new funding will cover only medical expenses for fifteen million beneficiaries, including one point six million illegals, until June, so this is a short term band aid for what's happening in California. The number of illegals living in California is estimated to be about three million, according to Department of Homeland Security, suggesting that over half were receiving free health care. Additionally, the cost of covering them has increased from a projected six billion dollars to eight point four billion for fiscal twenty four to twenty five. The cost will fall slightly for the next fiscal year to seven point four. Trump's deportations could also significantly reduce that cost. So there you go. The Trumpster is helping out our friends in California getting some of the illegals out of there. Newsom has previously boasted the deep blue state could provide healthcare for everyone, regardless of their immigration status. With these new investments, California will become the first st aid to achieve universal access to health care coverage. Hecent We're investing California's historic surplus to accomplish transformative changes we've long dream of. Really health care for every illegal that enters the state, and just I mean, I talk about these things that the newsom does when I get the chance, because I just want people to remember that that when this guy runs for president, which I have no doubt that he will, we will be inundated by national media telling us how great, you know, how young, how vibrant this guy is talking about how all the great things he did for California. I mean, to my way of thinking, this is right up there with Kamala Harris bragging about providing free sex change operations for inmates in the California penal system. How well did that work for her? Not very well at all. Eight thirty six fifty five KRC, the talk.
Speaker 10: Station, fifty five KRC.
Speaker 1: Fifty five KRC the talk STATIONNAKE forty, got Marine on the line. I want to hear from Maureen wants to talk about DEI universities, and I just want to finish up the piece I was reading earlier, talking about Brown and Northwestern and these Ivy League schools. But the piece I was reading is in the Daily Caller written by Casey Ryan, and Casey Ryan writes about deis depressing as it sounds DEI programs are to be expected these days from Ivy League universities. They were captured by left wing ideologies decades ago. But what is surprising is the number of grants that Trump administration has also eliminated from universities in red states. In one example, the University of Mississippi spent thirty five thousand dollars on cross sex steroid therapy and cardiovascular risk in the transgender female. The University of Arkansas spent two million dollars to study universal basic income and structural racism in the South. University of Central Florida spent four hundred and ten thousand dollars to research facilitators of and barriers to healthcare utilization among racially and ethnically diverse transgender and gender non binary young adults. Anyone want to sean you want to try and diagram that sentence? I mean, you listen to these things? I mean just and the word again, the only word I can come up with on this is mumbo jumbo. They want to research Let me try this one more time. They want to research facilitators of and barriers to healthcare utilization among racially and ethnically diverse transgender and gender non binary young adults. Emery University spent one point seven million building community and research engagement among sexual and gender minority older adults at risk for Alzheimer's and related dementias. Nevada Las Vegas spend six on a fifty grand studying Alzheimer's disease and older transgend I mean all this transgender, this transgender that it is beyond ridiculous. And there are a number of corporations that have ditched these programs. Universities have too, and now at the funding being called off, hopefully we are seeing the last throws of this ridiculous idea. Hi, Maureen, you're on fifty five KRC. How are you this morning?
Speaker 3: A good thing? Thanks for taking my call. In relation to the DEI, there was a segment on Fox News about a couple of weeks ago, and it was entitled Vanderbilt Medical Centers hiding DEI resources behind password protected web page. And there's a nonprofit conservative group called Consumer Research and they unveiled a campaign and it's titled again, what is Vanderbilt Medical Center hiding? And it says that they are frantically trying to conceal its radical policies by password protecting and deleting web pages, highlighting its commitment to DEI in climate activism. And I have a personal experience with Vanderbilt University. A very close relative who was in her fifth year at Vanderbilt. She was required to get the vaccine even though she had been hospitalized at Vanderbilt University for anaphylaxis. And she has a hyper immune response to you know, certain things, very highly allergic, and so we fought for her to not get this vaccine through a medical exempt Vanderbilt. They wouldn't send any information from her medical records in that regard, I couldn't use it to fight the vaccine. While her individual doctor said, oh you know, I will send a letter. She sent a letter, they still denied it. I fought it to the nail. I won that battle. I won't go into detail how I want it, but she lives healthy to this day because of being able to fight that. But anyway, it's interesting because when it came time for her graduation, the guests speaks at graduation with Anthony Fauci. So I looked into the board. Yeah yeah, So interestingly enough, I have a little bits abound to pick even though she's got a great education. But they are hiding the DEI passwords, you know, through a protective password.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Well, and Kennedy Junior is looking into it, you know what, we're investigation.
Speaker 1: That does not surprise me at all. I mean, even though I don't have a lot of knowledge specifically about this particular issue. But it was a couple of years ago that Vanderbilt University was exposed for all these transgender surgeries that they were doing on children. And I remember seeing the video of the head of the hospital there telling the doctors that if you disagree with this and you need to go find another place to work. And the only thing they were concerned about was the money that they were bringing in. You know, these these surgeries on kids, which thankfully are being brought to a grinding halt here in the United States. But these surgeries and these therapies on kids turned them into lifelong patients. And the you know, the the university was just just I mean, they really they did it to themselves because the video of the conference they were having, what these doctors got out and they were talking about the money they can earn, how much they can charge the patients, and that the doctors need to get on board with this if they want to continue working there.
Speaker 10: Oh, I have not heard that, go back.
Speaker 1: And look it up.
Speaker 2: It was.
Speaker 1: I think it was. It was a huge milestone and a turning point for the you know, for the for you know, the beginning of the end of this transgender nonsense that we got so deeply involved with here in the United States. But Maureen, I appreciate you listen, and I appreciate the phone call this morning.
Speaker 3: Thanks Dan.
Speaker 1: All right, thank you very much, Mareen. Eight forty six. We'll get to a quick break on fifty five KRC, The Talks fifty five the talk station. Get ready for fifty five KRC, the talk station, getting ready to wrap things up. I'm Dan Carroll. Thank you so much for being here. Sean McMahon, thank you for everything. And it's been a fun week. Kevin Gordon gets to sit here tomorrow, so I always love my chance to be here at fifty five KRC. Sean McMahon, have you seen Bill Belichick's girlfriend. Yeah, she's like my age, she's your age, twenty four years old. He's going to be going to frat parties at UNC. He's a head coach now, yeah, at North Carolina. Did you know. Her name is Jordan Hudson. She's twenty four years old. She is going to be competing in the Miss USA pageant next month in Portland, Maine.
Speaker 9: Man, how about Belichick's got himself? Said yeah and all. So in the competition is an individual named Isabelle Saint Cyr, a twenty four year old male who identifies as female, is also set to compete in the Miss Main USA pageant at the same time. So you've got the real woman, Belichick's girlfriend against this dude who claims to.
Speaker 1: Be a woman. Says he's a little nervous going to compete in the beauty pageant. He says, did not in competition make a political statement. I'm just to win it because I love pageants and I just happened to be trans, and so we're going to see I guess say. You know, I've heard tell of trans individuals winning these competitions before. But you know, Bill Belichick made a big splash during one of the events last year where he showed up I think it was the SB Awards, and he showed up with his girlfriend who was just a few years his junior. He's running around with her. She's going to be in the miss Main competition. There are some photos I found this piece on Breitbart. There are some photos of this individual that she'll be competing against. And if she doesn't beat or at least finish ahead of this other dude, then something in Maine is very seriously wrong. And so God bless Bill Belichick. And if he can get it done hanging out with her, I say more power to him. Maybe one of my favorite stories that I saw this week, a homeless guy in California goes into a liquor store. Sounds like the beginning of a bad joke, but he goes into the liquor store, gets a scratch off ticket and hits the jackpot. Guy was so excited, jumping up and down. He says, is this real? So the manager of the store grabs a ticket, takes it over to the machine, and he says, dude, he says, you hit the jackpot, and the guy's jumping up and down, jumping up and down. He says, he says, I just want one hundred thousand dollars and the guy says, no, bro, you want a million dollars. Hit for a million. Homeless guy, hit for a million dollars. He says, guess what, I'm not homeless anymore. They had to go to Fresno to to cash the ticket, and the guy who owns a liquor store said, I'm going to drive you there. And he said, you know, he's telling the guy, look, you got to look out for this thing. You got to take care of this ticket. He said, I'm going to drive you there. The lottery winner says he plans to purchase a home, a car, invest some of it, put some savings aside. A spokesperson for the California Lottery, of course about you know, if it's a million dollars, you can you can figure about half of that is going to be gone in taxes. But the spokesperson for the lottery says there's a very thorough vetting process before warding the prize money. They want to ensure that they are giving it to the right person, which in this case, I don't know how it can be mistaken. The guy scratches off the ticket right there in front of the store owner the manager. They say it can take months and according to CNN, involves an interview with the winner to check and see if the person knows that state any money and a few other factors. How about that So California. Great story there, homeless dude hits a million dollar winner and says, guess what, I'm not homeless anymore. That is it for me. Thank you so much for listening, Have a great Thursday, a great Friday, and a great weekend, and we will see you on down the road. Sean McMahon, thank you for everything this week and until next time, take care of yourself and we will see you down the road. On fifty five KRCV talkstation