Speaker 1: Hm, Hey, you out there there, want some, want some?
Speaker 2: You can tell that they actually have some.
Speaker 1: Hey, cloud chasing, that's actually got something in mind for you, So keep rusting you'll find out.
Speaker 2: Now this is a Touchdowns and Tangents is your weekly spot.
Speaker 3: Or the NFL coaching week in sight and in context for the go to what's up, good people? Touchdowns and Tangents.
Speaker 2: You're Thursday night spot for NFL takes topical Tangents coming to you on a special Sunday night Monday. Uh from Hawthorne, California, I m P D Camrio and he is Kenneth Barry.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: So a bit of a slow news week this week, especially compared to the last few weeks. But still a few updates that we're going to get through and break down for you over the.
Speaker 3: Course of the show.
Speaker 1: But otherwise, uh, I was weak any uh pretty solid. Actually, I made a made a last second decision. Actually that it wasn't really the last seconds. I know I was gonna do it for about two months, but I went down to Oakland and surprised my whole family for my grandma's eighty fifth birthday.
Speaker 3: Shout out to Grandma, shout out up Birthday Grandma.
Speaker 1: Hip shout out to my mama Mary and to her birthday was like two weeks ago. I took a greathound out there like Tuesday night, got there Wednesday morning, told my mom like, hey, I ordered something of my Famazon and the guys downstairs he needs you to let him in so Grandma can sign for the package. I get there, susan excuse me. She just starts crying beest. I'm like, oh shit, don't have a heart attack and die. Because last year I I surprised my grandma on her birthday or on the eighty fourth birthday, and me and my mom and my sister were in on it, and like she clutched her chest when she saw me and started crying. I was like, fuck, I can't. I can't surprise pop up on the family no more they can. I got like a WrestleMania level pop in the living room. That shit was kind of funny. My nephew, I say, it just runs up, jumps on me, Court Chelsea runs out the room with her with Nico, and like Nico, he's just turned four months so he can turn his neck now. He has actually surprisingly really good control of his neck and he can like turn over on the sides. So as Chelsea's running with the baby in her arms, he's looking at her like, slow down, bitch. It was the funniest thing. But yeah, it was good to good to see everybody.
Speaker 3: I only was.
Speaker 1: I was out there one day. I got there like seven after at eight in the morning, and I left at like eleven twenty that night and got back to Cali at like eight in the morning. Then I had to go run a bunch of errands and work, and yeah, mom, my boss of who's been at the NFL Network for like fifteen years, he's, uh, he's leaving. He got a job at the Atlanta Braves. He's moving back to Georgia. Family got a house out there. He's like, I never would have got a house out here, and we're like, yeah, you're right. So it was good to kind of just pull up on him yesterday before I went to work, say my goodbyes because I'm probably not gonna see him this week. He gave me my first shot. He's the one who hired me an NFL Network three years ago. He's like, man, salute to you. I love all the work you do. Shouted out the pod too. It was dope. It's been a very like emotionally fulfilling week for me. So yeah, that's what's up. That's dope for me.
Speaker 2: I just got back from a Vegas a few days ago, which was cool, just to get out the city for a little bit fuck around. I went to the Clipper game Hell Kitty Night with my girl, which was cool. She bought me there James Harden jersey, so that was dope. And uh yeah, man, I had my first five month five tournament today which was cool.
Speaker 3: My eight year olds went to and oh so that was that was cool.
Speaker 2: I didn't really have high expectations, but my guys are gamers. Apparently they hit the switch, so I was great. I mean even my little seven year olds, who I've only been working with for like a week or so, they really got out there and.
Speaker 3: Competed the end of the day, Like the end of the day.
Speaker 2: Things like this, they're just like tests that just kind of you know, mark where you're at at that moment in time, you know.
Speaker 3: So it's not.
Speaker 2: It's not the end all be all, obviously, you know, we're trying to get to fall, trying to win and tackle. But for now it's a nice little confidence booster to know we're on the right track. So I was happy about that. Otherwise, man, yeah, I guess do you want to talk about as far as college football.
Speaker 3: So salute.
Speaker 1: Salute to Fran Brown, Syracuse head coach. He talked about how program that's mandatory for all Syracuse players, that it's like the Syracuse sixty like sixty days after they graduate or whatever, these guys get jobs, they get placed somewhere, which is really dope as a coach, as a college coach, you know, cats go play football at Syracuse and they're guaranteed the job somewhere. Like that's a great recruiting sales pitch. And that's what I would want a coach to do for my kid, if I'm going to play football for you for four years or five years, or six years or seven years. Because LSU running back John Emery, who tours ACL against USC last year, he's trying to get a seventh year of eligibility. But Brian Kelly's like, we're good at running back, but we'll support now wherever it goes. So hopefully he can find somewhere we can play, you know, for seventh year. Kind of crazy, Like I remember when this dude came out of college and he was one of the top running backs in the country, five star prospects. He's just had so many injuries. It's kind of sad. Hopefully he gets to play somewhere. It's just not gonna be at LSU.
Speaker 2: Also, everybody's just Chris Winky these days. Shit, it's not even bro Chris Wink. At least went to play baseball.
Speaker 1: These cats are in college seven eight, nine years. I need to go back to college.
Speaker 3: Shit.
Speaker 1: I know I got my degree, but I'm pretty I got I played at a juwe I was at a Juco for three years, so I'm pretty sure I'm old smeligibility. Back in CEA Sports announced that the payments for players in the game is gonna go from six hundred fifteen hundred dollars. Not only that.
Speaker 3: Adds it's quite lovely.
Speaker 1: I'll take that. From teen hundred, that's a stadium check right there.
Speaker 2: Not only that, hopefully we get all the players in there next year.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean I'd opted for fifteen hundred kawhi. Yeah.
Speaker 3: So let's the other news. USC Michigan had their pro day.
Speaker 1: Johnson Ron I think allegedly he ran a slow time a lot of them guys didn't run forties.
Speaker 3: A lot of people say he's falling down boards.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think he allegedly didn't run a fast forty allegedly, But I'm like, okay, he can play safety. He's a functionally great corner. Wouldn't be surprised if we ended up on the raiders. I'm just being honest. But uh, I mean you think he falls another first. No, he's not falling out the first. That's that's too crazy. I see a Michigan corner like, that's not.
Speaker 3: Nah.
Speaker 1: But uh, let's see Cooper Lovelace, no Colon Love, I forget his first name. But the tight end for Michigan, Mason Graham, Kenneth Grant, A lot of these, A lot of these guys from Michigan. They mostly just did position testing. Yeah, a lot of cats just who are already locked in the first round picks. It's like, why run a forty and remove all doubt? I guess that's one of those type things. Also, Alabama's Pro day, Jalen mill Road. They said initially he ran a four three seven. Officially he was clocked like a four to four with a one four ten yard one four four ten yard split, which is insanely fast.
Speaker 3: I didn't have to do the Braxton Milly.
Speaker 1: They're they're saying he's gotta They're saying he has the first round.
Speaker 2: Gread now what they're saying he's ability.
Speaker 3: It looked like he had never thrown the rock before.
Speaker 1: They say, well he got his hands were regard bigger at the combine.
Speaker 2: Not even I'm not even talking about that hands. I'm talking about just the way he was throwing the ball. He did not have a good week, bro Yeah.
Speaker 1: Well, they're saying that, uh, he's he could go as early as twenty one. They're saying he has with Anthony richards I'm saying he's having an Anthony Richardson.
Speaker 3: No fucking way, Broe run.
Speaker 2: Those are the same people that say said that Hayten Noogart was going to go in the first round a few years ago.
Speaker 1: Richardson went fifth overall, didn't he?
Speaker 3: Yeah, but I don't know, it's different.
Speaker 2: Richardson looks like he's a quarterback, even if he didn't do it at Florida. He looked like a quarterback in workouts. Melroe looks like an athlete who can throw.
Speaker 1: They loved his Pro day workout crazy. They left his workout. A couple other guys ran pretty much.
Speaker 2: All those SEC dudes you'd be chatting with the water cooler. That is the saying he's got a first round grade Renos SEC blogs. You know it's true, dude, that's why you laughing.
Speaker 1: There's a consensus. There's definitely a Bamba bias. So he's definitely already seen as like he could go to the Steelers because really he just needs a good quarterback coach.
Speaker 3: He can be good.
Speaker 1: He's a dynamic athlete. And I think if he commits, but he ain't starting his rookie year, tell you that.
Speaker 3: Much for sure. Not no way, there's no way he starts his rookie year.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I just don't see it. And then also Deonne Sanders and Fran Brown, we're talking about having the first ever joint spring spring game Syracuse, Colorado. They're working on they're working on that. That's taking the next steps.
Speaker 2: I think that's a good move. I think that's a good future way to do with these spring games. I mean, we've been talking about how they're kind of relevant or at least, you know, less important to these schools.
Speaker 3: So I think that's a good way to go about it.
Speaker 1: Well, the the petition to allow it, it's it hasn't been denied, so it would actually be on April nineteenth. That's the crazy part. Because Colorado spring game is scheduled for April nineteenth. They're gonna meet on April tenth to see if the waiver should be allowed. And it's like it'd be the first one. It would be the first thing of its kind, and the first two people to do it are two black coaches, So that's that's definitely. It's definitely something that people are really hyped about. And there's another story and she can stay canceled their spring game and coach Jonathan Smith he said they're gonna take advantage of the practice time. There's multiple factors, but there's gonna it's better for them to just take advantage of the practice time. That's what they were pretty much saying.
Speaker 3: And then.
Speaker 1: Also, shit, there's one more that's actually really important that I keep forgetting to me sure I keep pushing it down the line. So in regards to it's like a hold on shit. I had the story pin marks because it made me laugh when.
Speaker 3: I saw it.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, cal got like nineteen transfers one of them was the Oregon QB who's a five star. And literally, like all these schools that all these schools that are gearing up recruiting wise, connection for them cancing their spring games and them getting a bunch of transfers is kind of like spooking some of the smaller schools because like Sack State, they've been on a roll. They they already are on the verge of getting one hundred million dollars in money, Like they already met their fifty million dollar goal. Now they have like a seventy five million dollar and one hundred million dollar goal. They got a bunch of transfers. They have like the number one FCS class in the country, and they had a top twenty five recruiting class. So all these coaches are coming out on North Carolina State head coach and a couple of the coaches are like, I didn't get into coaching for ni L. It's really killing the sport of target to build culture because they in all know this other shit. And my thing is, don't.
Speaker 3: You get paid handsomely?
Speaker 1: Yeah that's fair. Why are y'all all why are you complaining like hoes? Like just straight up bitches, like and then kids, Like there's a story coming out there's these coaches are mad that like kids is what guy said. Oh these kids care more about NIL then they do football. And I'm like it's crazy. Everybody wants to be all conservative when it comes to finances and their money and want to talk what the fuck shot was that? That was awful? They deserve to lose. So everybody's talking about how like these kids don't appreciate it. Il Sonny Dyke said, these kids want NFL money coming into college. Yeah, I do too. If I hit if I hit the lottery and win a billion dollars, yeah, I would want that. If you're telling me I'm eighteen years old and could make six figures generational life changing well to my family.
Speaker 3: To play football, Yeah, I'm an exhaustion. Whin fucking boys are wearing aps.
Speaker 1: Oh that a got a paddy, that's make me state. He's going he's going to North Carolina State with the coach and he already has like.
Speaker 2: Twelve in il deals red lightning wak. So these guys could run. He ran, so these guys could fly. I'm sorry.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because Buddy, I was like, you can't play a liquor basketball and you out here getting I'm a you get more than the players. That's crazy. That's just like an overarching college football thing. Yeah, Matt Wise, former Michigan coach, got charged with fourteen council unauthorized computer access and ten council identity theft. So you know, take that how you will. And then the NAA changed.
Speaker 3: In IL rule.
Speaker 1: NBA is a lot of athletes to negotiating IL contracts before they commit to a school after a settlement was reached per Dann Murphy. So they yeah, they agreed to permanently eliminate a rule that prohibits athletes from negotiating in IL deals until after they enroll in college. So literally they can secure a bag before they commit. I mean that makes sense.
Speaker 2: Why wouldn't you want to have financial reassurance before you make the commit.
Speaker 1: Would love to see it. These coaches are gonna be mad that the kids make more than I was like well as opposed to when it was a slavery system to where you're working for free and you never have the opportunity to make any money and they can pull your scholarship at any time. Do you want to talk to some walk ons about how they're being treated like. It's just I think it's great that the money's in these kids' hands. And I love what fran Brown and Tyracus is doing. He enrolls them every week, the entire team in financial literacy classes, and every everybody on the team with Crusoe would block a shot. That's hilarious. Everybody on the team has to say of their nil mandatory.
Speaker 2: I think there's just a lot of resentment from these old heads that are like, hey, we didn't get shipped when we played, or we only got this amount.
Speaker 3: So these white coaches it I think. I don't think it's just the white coaches.
Speaker 1: I think it's a lot.
Speaker 3: I think it's a.
Speaker 2: Lot of the old heads, even though the assistant coaches and things like that, because I mean, you never make back. It doesn't matter how much money you make in your life, you never make back the money you didn't make exactly. Like, so for these players to be getting this right now, like that's sitting in their foundation, regardless if they make it or not. You know, they're getting a nice little nest egg in the foundation to build upon and they can build businesses and help their families out. I mean, shit, even Michael Vick has talked about it. It's like, yeah, I was on every magazine, but I had no money in my pocket and my family was still in Newport News. Like, you know how much of a stress that was on my mental Like I'm sure he feels like he probably could have, you know, made his younger brother's life easier if he had would have had money and been able to get him out of that situation.
Speaker 3: You know, So whatever the case, I get it, I get I get the resistance to change.
Speaker 2: But at the end of the day, like you know, if if the lowest man on the roster is making more than it than he was fifty years ago, eventually the coaches are going to catch up. Eventually all these players are, all these players and assistants, Like, eventually everyone's going to start making more bread. But right now, it's just they're trying to catch up because the players were so far behind for so long.
Speaker 1: But yeah, uh yep. One two last things, Iron Leftwich is now coaching at Colorado. What's your staff? It's great because it's crazy how he just couldn't get a job anywhere in the NFL. It's kind of weird to me. And then uh, yeah, since Eddie George took the job at Bowling Green. Kevin Barlow, who's the coach of the DC Defenders, is now the new head coach at Tennessee State. And that's it for control bother's that's all I got. The Clippers just blew this game.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, the coaching and coaching and the refs really killed that game for them, and just overall temperament. It really just kind of they really just kind of lost their mental toughness after a couple of calls and go their way, and the whole fucking bottom just fell out.
Speaker 1: Josh, James, Harden and Fred to take the last shot because what the fuck was that?
Speaker 2: I mean, I get Kawhi well because he Kawhi was bowing up Cruise a long night, I get it, But yeah, I don't know Cruci had help.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't know, get the game winning three pretty much that kept him ahead and he had the game winning block.
Speaker 3: All right, yeah, man, take your tangent. I'll just start with this one.
Speaker 2: I'll I'll allow you to recluse yourself from this conversation. But rumors are heating up again that ESPN is ready to buy NFL Network once again. These rumors have been going on for about six years, seven years.
Speaker 3: They heat it up probably like three years.
Speaker 2: Ago, two years ago, and they kind of died down. Nothing happened, and now it looks like it's going to happen again.
Speaker 3: I'll just say this.
Speaker 2: Consolidation in any industry is not great. You know, you never want to see two become one, regardless of what people will say like, oh, you know that's gonna give us more power to do X and X, or do X and y, or you know that's gonna give us more longevity and more runway and more resources.
Speaker 3: At the end of the day, like.
Speaker 2: You never you never want to take a pie, and uh, you never want to have less less you never want to take you never want to have one dessert instead of two.
Speaker 3: Like so.
Speaker 2: Sucks for really all of the sports industry because even though NFL Network is you know, grossly underpaid, and uh, they don't have benefits and they don't have enough black people, and they don't have enough you know, basic benefits. Like it's a good entry level position for a lot of folks. Like that's where a lot of people get their start because they do do a lot for you know, entry level and younger employees. It's just they kind of have a bottle neck as you move up. But either way, like that's.
Speaker 3: Just a whole a whole.
Speaker 2: Arm that's going to just get smaller, which kind of sucks. But yeah, we'll see. I mean, I guess it's for the ESPN world. What they're really after is just all the content. They want to relaunch their streaming app and have NFL films and all the NFL archives to really kind of anchor it. And NFL Plus was a total bust. So NFL Networks like, yeah, we don't really know what we're doing. We just know that we print money. But like, technically we print money anyway, so we really don't need this extra arm to keep printing money. We can just you know, ride it off and just do what we do anyways. Just one less headache, one less thing they have to look over for them. But yeah, man, sucks for all the sports media out there. But it's nothing new. I guess it's just another day for us. Uh, moving on some something on the same theme, but everyone's been talking.
Speaker 3: About what Aaron Rodgers is gonna do.
Speaker 2: Reportedly, the Giants are still interested, the Steelers are still being aggressive. He's still kind of taking away and see approach. Nonetheless, they are a rumors saying that all the media companies are not interested in Aaron Rodgers potentially taking on a broadcast role like Tony Romo, Drew Brees, Tom Brady, et cetera. So take her tangent on Aaron Rodgers potentially being in the media post his career.
Speaker 1: Kenny, I mean he might end up on out Kick or somewhere like that, like RG three's trying to do, because cooning is embarrassed. Like, Bro, we get it, you love white people, but like, at some point, at some point, you gotta stop saying shit that makes klansmen and people who like that, black people from trees happy. Too much of your talking points and lines with motherfuckers who hate you, and it's weird to me but public if we say that. But yeah, when you break it down, Aaron Rodgers is not of a great Q rating, his popularity is not high, and he'd have to stick with McAfee or do his own thing. But uh, I mean, just sign the contract with the Steelers, Bro, there's nowhere else for you to play. Russ can at least like pigeonhole into another team. But Aaron Rodgers, your last chance to start is Pittsburgh, and honestly he might be the one person who can calm down that wide receiver room full of crashouts.
Speaker 3: Yeah uh yeah.
Speaker 2: On that note of every one was asking Cam Hayward, like, how would you feel if Aaron Rodgers became your quarterback? Because he made that comment, like, well, I'm not going on darkness retreat.
Speaker 3: He's like, I didn't call him out.
Speaker 2: I'm just saying like I literally wouldn't go up, like it's not my thing, Like I wouldn't go with him. Like I'm not saying I don't want him to be my teammate. I'm not saying he's a shit he guy. I'm just saying like, like.
Speaker 1: Missed me with all the performative shit, and let's just get to playing football. Basically pretty much what he said.
Speaker 2: But yeah, man, I think for me, I mean, I think eventually the kind of negative sentiment around him will kind of die down a little bit and people will want.
Speaker 3: To hear from him. I think.
Speaker 2: Right now, it's just the narrative around him is so convoluted between the you know, a uasca, between the you know, retirement shit, like just a lot around him, and I think it's hard for people to really understand them they feel about him. But I think once he does actual she call it quid quits and maybe takes a year off and isn't around, there's gonna be a lot of people that are gonna miss him and there gonna want him around the game. So yeah, who knows, maybe he would do something for fucking cal football.
Speaker 1: I don't know, probably not. He was up there and Rob River is the general manager.
Speaker 2: Vera's salary was somebody's Some of those alumni are giving back because who got resources, don't win, but they still got resources.
Speaker 1: He might go shoot, tell their athletics. Tell tell the academic side of that. M hm, cause you know, let's talk about the the UC system and never mind, that's a whole different podcast. We got to mention, by the way, since we're just talking about U S schools, to bring it back football letters, there's a specific.
Speaker 3: That's cool. Did they get rid of occidental football?
Speaker 1: Yeah? I think they're trying to bring that back to but they're bringing back specific D three. I'm about to hit him up and see he's good.
Speaker 3: Oh uh, you didn't talk about that whole.
Speaker 2: Stanford situation, Stanford situation, the coach getting getting another allegation of bullying like Trey Taylor, Yeah he got another one after he had one last year, and they're like, Andrew Luck, your silence is kind of deafening.
Speaker 1: I mean define bullying because Stanford was kind of looking soft at times.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 2: But the assistance, not the players, the assistants and the admins and like the toxic of work culture.
Speaker 1: Stanford, bro I don't even care. It's power. Danford doesn't even consider itself part of the Bay, so fuck them.
Speaker 3: That's when they're literally on the bay.
Speaker 1: They're literally into the.
Speaker 2: Bay there, literally in there. It's literally like a fucking island.
Speaker 3: You're twenty minutes from fucking cow.
Speaker 2: Probably depending which way you go in the traffic and the tol Fee.
Speaker 1: Okay, you're very close to sanse State. San Jose is entirely in the Bay.
Speaker 2: It's a crazy take from you, because when I first met.
Speaker 3: You, you wouldn't have agreed with that.
Speaker 1: Nah, I said.
Speaker 2: You would have been like, yeah, they're kind of our stepsister.
Speaker 3: We ignowledge them.
Speaker 1: They got their own little weird shit going on in their own pocket. They're not cool enough. They're not cool enough and not historic enough to be Long Beach, but we fun with them. They're like the Lakewood of the They're like, yeah, they're na, Like what I was gonna.
Speaker 3: Say, It wasn't linked with like a sundown down in one win.
Speaker 1: It was and then all the pollies and black people moved in and they're like, you know, you can't get away from us now. They all all some of the racist hide out in Crito's. But we don't talk about Crito's because Crito's fucking sucks. Even people who live in Torito's are like, we're just we're just want to be left alone.
Speaker 2: What about Westminister, Westminster? Yeah with the dog show, No Westminister.
Speaker 1: I don't Westminster whatever. I don't think about it. I think about Westchester. I don't think about west white area. It's kind of like a white area, but it's kind of hood like. So that's why I'm like, I don't know how it feels confusing. It's like a confusing little area.
Speaker 2: It's like, uh, it's like the midpoint between Long Beach and the OC. Basically, it's like the gateway between those two areas.
Speaker 1: It's like, how, you know, how people don't people don't realize how close Carson, Compton and Guardina are to each other.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's like that they're all family.
Speaker 1: They will jump you, like.
Speaker 2: Honestly, Like I know Anaheim and Irvin o the OC, but I don't realize how close they are because there's so much traffic.
Speaker 1: Like yeah, it's like Artisia is a city. Yeah, people forget, but you don't look at our Tiesia as a city.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Pretty much. To get Pioneer Chicken, it's.
Speaker 1: The loading screen to get to Long Beach.
Speaker 2: Which Pioneer Chicken is having to comeback. Shout out to my dad, that's his favorite chicken spot. Shout outs to tequila. Is it tequila Jacks?
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 1: I think it's tequila Jacks. Whiskey not whiskey pets, but it's I think it's tequila Jacks. Don't either way?
Speaker 2: All right, Uh moving on, touchdown to turn over here, I got one for you.
Speaker 3: Hold on, let me play the sound.
Speaker 1: So Michael Vick offered Donovan McNabb junior scholarship. He's a wide receiver who has offered from Arizona, Syracusan the Iowa State.
Speaker 2: So fucking crazy ass a moment like that's fucking wild that you said that. That kind of brings me to tears, bro, Like, that's fucking crazy. Waited for this one because Donovanue now like literally recruited Michael Vig like and then Vic took his job, and then Vic took his job. Now he's extending in all the branch his son. Like that's crazy at an HBC, you know, last but the epilogue of the Black Quarterbacks just it's amazing, Like the.
Speaker 1: Landing is just crazy.
Speaker 2: Uh but yeah, man, I hope he lends him. That'd be dope. But yeah, that's that's that's fucking wild because like Syracuse was literally like a big second choice. He just wanted to stay closer to home because of his family. But yeah, he pretty much turned around Junior Tech from tik to.
Speaker 1: A print of power. Yeah, you can say he started the lineage of black quarterbacks a vigiona tech.
Speaker 2: He really did, He really did. All right, Uh, let's start off with the obvious one. Jamis Winston to the Giants, touchdown or turnover. It's gonna be both because Jais, it's a split, it's a push, it's gonna be touchdown.
Speaker 1: You're in a casino, That's what we call a push. Yeah, everybody's saying Millie Neighbors is gonna have the greatest season of all time one hundred and forty six receptions, twenty four hundred yards and twenty touchdowns.
Speaker 2: But they're gonna go three and fourteen. I mean, they're not wrong. James has made a cast some money, bro. He has made a lot of receivers money, bro. He made jer Judy. He saved j Judy's career for.
Speaker 1: Being ship.
Speaker 3: Hunch yourself?
Speaker 1: How did you not see her?
Speaker 3: I didn't even hear the door overn.
Speaker 2: You have, No, I could have just got splinterself and not even known it, like the fact that you didn't even flinch, Like damn, I could have just got murdered.
Speaker 3: I saw her walking crazy you have. This is why you can't.
Speaker 1: Be a lookout. You wouldn't have survived the Yellow Jackets. I got your season two. You already know what or whatever?
Speaker 3: Kenny, we talked about this. Do I need to call Nikki stop reading about shows before you finish them. I don't even go already? Fuck?
Speaker 1: How dare you? Yeah? First off, Niki, Nikki finish took seven years to fucking see that show. Yeah, No, I beat those allegations. That's on her anyway, she probably already watched it. She probably don't remember what happened.
Speaker 2: Anyways, I'm gonna say it's a touchdown because it was one of the last few jobs. I mean, the Giants will probably be mad, but at least probably be mad. At least they'll be more exciting than when they had Tommy DeVito or whatever.
Speaker 1: I think they still have him on the roster.
Speaker 2: And yeah, I mean they got it's Slaton left right, Slatan' still there, so they still got Slatin, and they got neighbors, they got receivers, they can push the ball downfield.
Speaker 4: They signed Zach Pascal. That's solid. I mean he's not good. I said solid. I didn't say that's good. I said that's solid.
Speaker 1: Imagine getting hired and saying, yeah, you're not great, you're not good, but it's a solid higher. That's wild. I'll take that head. That's better than saying, yeah, you suck. So it's like you're an adequate higher. We don't regret hiring you. You're just not special.
Speaker 2: But yeah, man, I think it's a touchdown for Jamis something. He's a touchdown for the Giants. I mean, if if anything. If they end up drafting a quarterback and he ends up starting, you can always just trade Jamis for a uh, you know, middle round pick.
Speaker 3: Whatever. I'm sure the starting quarterback is gonna get hurt.
Speaker 1: They see and well.
Speaker 3: We'll see the Kirk Cousins Domino move at the draft.
Speaker 1: I think to see where mil Row goes.
Speaker 3: This is the most you've talked about Milroe all year. I said you, I told her kicking sec guys, but I told her.
Speaker 1: The producers at work.
Speaker 2: I think you should have went back to college. Yeah, you've been saying that that's been your boy.
Speaker 1: And the shaman did him no favors. Yeah he had you had twenty rushing touchdowns. That's cool, but like you can't play any other position. We knew you ran a four to four. We watched you for three years. We knew you were fast. Like, should have stuck with that, should have stuck with the head coach that was teaching you how to be a quarterback. And you could have thrown a sophomore Ryan Williams for one more year. I mean, I would have took the extra year. It's not like he wasn't better than any quarterback in this class. He probably I mean, you got quinn Ewers is probably not make a like fifth round. I'm saying, like it's a if you're not in the top three, it's not looking great for you. At quarterback.
Speaker 2: Jerome Baker lands with the Browns touchdown or turnover, that's a touchdown.
Speaker 1: He's a hometown kid. He was actually a quarterback on the state title in high school, multi purpose athlete, won a national title at Ohio State. Now gets to come home. I wanted the Raiders to get him because he's a great cover drawing backer. But you know, it's too much. It's too much like asking for too much, like asking for a condiment playing parent dus.
Speaker 3: I guess.
Speaker 2: Say it's a touchdown because he's on the right side of thirty. I mean, the hometown story is a great addition, cheap deal, and I mean the Browns really haven't done shit use in free agencies.
Speaker 1: So they got Tivin Jenkins the guard young.
Speaker 2: He's young though, That's what I'm saying, Like he's cool, which actually he feels a void for them. He does, but it's not like a earth shattering move. I mean, hey, it's a good move. It's not an elite it's better than Zach Pascal's iron exactly. That's why I didn't say solid guy's good for.
Speaker 3: Uh, you know, one, he's a good number four.
Speaker 2: One big time clutch fucking catch every six game.
Speaker 1: Like he's a good number four.
Speaker 2: He's good for an eighteen point fantasy outing randomly for.
Speaker 3: Two years some shit like that.
Speaker 2: All right, Uh, the Rams sign Nate Landman and a Kilo Witherspoon.
Speaker 1: Touchdown The Rams did at the Falcons resign Natel that the Falcons signed him? Did they they did resign Heilo Witherspoon. Now, no, they signed they signed him. Oh so now they just have three guys who can play the rud and not pass very well.
Speaker 3: Sounds like the Rams. The Alabama's a.
Speaker 2: Bunch of their safeties of coverage back. So touchdown and turnover. I guess how call it a touchdown? Almost say it's a touchdown Witherspoon because I feel like last year he wasn't signed. They added him lately just as kind of filler played good enough. But he played good enough exactly. He made a I think he had like a pick six that was big for them. At some point in the season.
Speaker 1: It feel like they're gonna take a corner. They're gonna get a corner or line back.
Speaker 3: I mean they kind of should.
Speaker 1: They're in the perfect spot. They're good. It's somebody really good.
Speaker 2: I think they really have after the corner since, like what since they were taking corners every year and they were all busting like in the second.
Speaker 1: Round, Like yeah, Jermaine Johnson tight Hill. Fuhill was fifteenth overall.
Speaker 3: Hill was the original Clemson bust corner.
Speaker 1: He was.
Speaker 2: He watched all these these other corners could could bust. The boy couldn't tackle at all, just fast. Rock Husson signed with the Lions touchdown and turnover.
Speaker 1: They also signed to another guy, Alight. They sounded like two corners. I mean, he'll be good and then you know.
Speaker 3: It'd be a good like special team slash emergency option. Yeah, touchdown.
Speaker 1: They really already have their dB room set. You got Kirby Joseph and Brian Branch at safety, then you got Rake Straw, you got Arnold and I don't I don't know who the other corner.
Speaker 3: Is, but that's what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: I think he fits their culture in terms of just being a physical guy who likes to tackle, who does a back down from anyone.
Speaker 1: So you know, al he's gotta play like four games a year because he gets hurt. Yeah, or he's well last year to get hurt. He was just didn't play a lot.
Speaker 2: He was mostly on special teams, but at the very least, you know, he had a solid special teamer.
Speaker 3: So I'm gonna say it's a touchdown for them. Yeah, uh u.
Speaker 2: Channon and Wilsu restructured his contract. Touchdown or turnover, touchdown. They need him, They need all the edge russers they can get. I'm gonna say it's a touchdown too. He's coming off injury. They needed some exposingness off the edge are they?
Speaker 1: Also the lines also got a Vonte Maddocks so that helps.
Speaker 3: The Raiders restructured Christian Wilkins.
Speaker 2: Contract, freeing up another like nine million in cap space touchdown or.
Speaker 1: Turnover anything to say money, because why the fuck would you give Malcolm Coon's twelve millions. I'm not even pocket watching or hayting. I just wouldn't give that dude twelve million. Yeah I wouldn't either. I was a waste.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm gonna say it's touchdown too, because I don't even.
Speaker 1: Know if I would have restructured my deal. I was like, wait, you gave Coons twelve million and you want me to restructure my bag? Fuck out of mynd.
Speaker 2: I think I tell you got more money. I think you got more money, guaranteed money.
Speaker 1: I would learn how to say suck my dick in like fifty different languages and then just have somebody have like Bill Burr say it to you, because I.
Speaker 3: Think what they do is they take some money off this year and they added on them last year. Well yeah, like with what's his face?
Speaker 1: Uh, Daniel Hunter, he's making thirty five and a half million dollars just she was gonna get to Oh shit, sorry, sorry, I'm just sorry, My bad. I jumped the gun.
Speaker 4: Ummm.
Speaker 3: A lot of these catchers getting their contracts front loaded.
Speaker 2: But yeah, touchdown and turnover Hunter. I think he's the second highest paid defensive end. Yeah, he's turnover. He's gonna get paid way more than Max on that next contract. I'll take that much.
Speaker 3: He's older though, he's older than Max.
Speaker 1: You sure, I'm pretty sure he is. They're about almost the savage. I think he might be like a year older. Though Neil Hunter actually had like ten sacks last year. Daniel Hunter producer. Yeah, Crosby is like three years younger. I mean Hunter is thirty and Crosby is twenty seven. He's still in his prime. Could have been a rand By the way, had twelve sacks this year.
Speaker 2: I mean he could have really went anyway because he's franchised for like two years and then traded for.
Speaker 1: Like a third round. He has ninety nine and a half career sacks.
Speaker 3: Yeah I saw that.
Speaker 2: But yeah, I'm gonna say it's a touchdown because the Texans need drushers too. Well, No, they got like I said he got he had ten sacks, they got him, No twelve he had him and Will Anderson. Yeah it's good, so they're solid. It's a good dude.
Speaker 3: Commanders add Michael gellup touchdown and turnover.
Speaker 1: He unretired. I guess she said his heads back in the game now he was going through some ship. Good for him. I mean they're probably gonna take a receiver in the draft anyway.
Speaker 2: He gives them another possession option. So I'm gonna say it's a touchdown.
Speaker 1: Why not do Browdley side? So it's really just getting lined behind Scary Terry and zach Ertz.
Speaker 3: Tyler returned to the Cowboys. Touchdown or turnover.
Speaker 1: Good for Fowler. They need ad dreshers secure. Your bag didn't have like ten sacks for Miami or ten and a.
Speaker 3: Half something like that. I mean not Miami. Oh yeah, Washington, Yeah yeah, Washington. Yeah.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna say it's a touchdown too. I still feel like the Cowboys need to do more in free agency. But Adak, a solid veteran like that doesn't hurt Jerry, don't. Brandon Cooks returned to the Saints. Touchdown and turnover.
Speaker 1: That's a supern That offense is loaded.
Speaker 2: I feel like Brandon could kind of repetitive with what they already got there, though.
Speaker 1: He can still produce like a number one when he gets the fucking ball.
Speaker 3: Fair enough, uh.
Speaker 2: Kyle Josekee returned to the San Francisco forty nine ers on a two year deal. Touchdown or turnover. Who Seki returns to the Niners? You mean coyle juice check, juice check? Whatever?
Speaker 1: You know, bro, Mike Gseki. They're not even spelled.
Speaker 3: I didn't say it with the good I said. It's not even the same word.
Speaker 1: It's like it's like Kendrick.
Speaker 4: Jit z.
Speaker 2: Kyle juice check anyways, juice check, Just say juice check, it's a touchdown?
Speaker 3: Who else has anyways?
Speaker 1: He's an h back technically he was a running back in college who can play full back.
Speaker 2: And lastly, the Falcons ad Morgan Fox touchdown or turnover?
Speaker 1: Good for the.
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Fox has actually was actually pretty good for the Chargers last couple of years.
Speaker 1: So good depth pick.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's a good, good depth option out of the rotation. I almost say it's a touchdown. Any other ones you want to say? I got one for fair Faid? Uh I think jumps out at you.
Speaker 3: Then I'm just gonna move on.
Speaker 1: Oh, the Niners got know the Falcons got Jamal Agnew. Special teams extraordinary, Loki. The Falcons might have the most lit special teams unit because they resigned Clip Corduile Hodge and now Agnew who has kick return touchdowns like their special team?
Speaker 3: Stay lit, Loki. I'm gonna say it's a touchdown, all right?
Speaker 1: Uh, fair Fade McCole Hartman signed with the Packers.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna say that's a turnover because all Packers receivers are turnovers, and Harder benefits nicely because he'll probably get open and then drop fucking crucial pass and.
Speaker 1: Darby went to Detexans and Jeff Acuda went to the Vikings.
Speaker 2: Okuda, I'm gonna say it's a touchdown because why not?
Speaker 3: Uh, former number three overall pick had a decent.
Speaker 2: Year like two years ago. Last year didn't really play, so why not? And who's the other one, you say, between him and someone else? Ronald Darby to the Texas. I don't know how Ronald Darby still stays around the league. He got picks on someone naked pictures of God?
Speaker 1: Or yeah, Charles the men who shot re signed with the Chiefs for seven million dollars? Bro, How does he only get seven million but Malcolm Coots gets twelve?
Speaker 3: That's crazy. That's not even me hating.
Speaker 1: That's a legitimate question.
Speaker 2: Did the Giants end sign anywhere with the crazy name one of the dudes with the crazy name a G's or whatever?
Speaker 1: Oh no, no, it's j Yeah, he signed with the Eagles.
Speaker 3: Okay, that's when a touchdown.
Speaker 1: Tyler Conklin signed with the Chargers, obvious, that's that's that's no, it's not a touchdown because literally he just kinda is more faster than Will Disley and he drops half as many passes, but they're really the same.
Speaker 3: Dude.
Speaker 1: Yeah, like that's a waste of like that's just an extra body. Yeah you could have just that's Big ten football. Though he went to Central Michigan.
Speaker 3: Isn't that in the Big Ten?
Speaker 1: No, that's the mac dough.
Speaker 3: I thought he went to Central Michigan State for some reason.
Speaker 1: He played basketball or some height at some school and then went to Central Michigan to play time. He's the brother of the other Conlent I think so, not Jack Conklin. They might be cousins. There's a lot of Conklins in the league, all.
Speaker 2: Right, fair fade Sante Samuel and Dion Sanders beefing over the tea step.
Speaker 1: Tea step versus traditional backpilling. This is interesting because Antonio Carmarti came in and said, look, the quickest way into the ball is the technique your best at or something like that.
Speaker 3: So they heard some coaches say that.
Speaker 1: Too, like bro, because not every body type is the same. So in some aspects, like Nandi was not his own corner. He was the same who bumped down the corner, who could play man, had great ball skills.
Speaker 3: What you put him in his own he was lost.
Speaker 1: So my thing is like there's certain running back, Like every player has a certain style that they excel at, so I like it. Sante Samuel only has two less interceptions to Deon Sanders and more Super Bowl rings, So what are we saying? And he was like a six round pick. He wasn't even that Harvard pick.
Speaker 2: Yes, Samuel Samuel pretty much said like, of course Dion's gonna hate it because his athleticism is so outside of the era that he played. He didn't even really need any technique, Like, but yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 1: I mean, I think it's a great because they talked about it on the Raw Room and like Jalen Collins talked about it, and I'm like good because I feel like we need more of this, more of these conversations, like the pros need to settle on. Okay, what techniques should like a five year old be practicing right now? Do you want to get t stepping at five and seven? Like if you teach great habits young, then you won't see all these bullshit like this cornerback who's at a camp punching on a receiver and it's like, bro, that's you would get ejected. So I have penalty.
Speaker 2: I'll think about this in two ways, Like one like I'm I'm pro technique, so I'm pro like, hey, you should do the technique. But also I know there's outliers and exceptions that don't need the technique or can compensate for not having the best technique. But if you teach them the technique, in theory, it should they should just make them better anyways.
Speaker 3: I mean also with that, you know some things that are.
Speaker 2: Just learned, Like you're talking about pros, like they've made it to where they've made it doing what they do, like you don't want them to think about it. So I also understand what people are saying, like just do the best technique that works for you. With linebackers, I hear this a lot about false stepping. Yeah, Like some people say like, oh, hey, you shouldn't take a false set because all your steps should you know, be coordinated towards the ball, you know, doing what you need to do, versus other people are like, if that's like that's your natural instinct is to take a step, then you should take the step because otherwise you're gonna hold yourself back and think. More So, if anything, like I think Darius lenderd have talked about this, like if anything your alignment, you take a step back in your alignment, so that way you can take a false step and being in your alignment once the play goes. So there's different schools of thought as far as like being alignment coach. I see it with zone stepping, like some people take a zone step out of forty five like forward up versus some people take a more just flat, you know, kind of just straight lateral zone step.
Speaker 3: Honestly, I think they.
Speaker 2: I think you need to have both, Like I think they're two different kind of tools to have in your belt, right And I think I don't think it hurts to know the T step.
Speaker 3: But again, I'm not a DV. I don't know much about being DB's.
Speaker 2: I purposely don't look at dv's just because I concentrate on the linemen.
Speaker 1: I look at DB's because like, I won't puint this kid. I thought I was going to be a corner, but then I realized that no speed. But I lock up some ship at the at the line of scrimmage, Like those first five yards are going to be hell for you and you're not getting the ball off because I used to play basketball, so like, and it was funny, like the receivers and our team and ask.
Speaker 3: My boy Josh where he weis it on this argument.
Speaker 1: Like that's what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: It's almost like what guy though, So I feel like he's gonna say that.
Speaker 1: Chromarty was like both work because his son is like a top it's like a five star corner.
Speaker 3: So yeah, I remember Josh was a charger.
Speaker 1: By Like what the fuck the Chromarty's just produced elite corners for his son is a five star corner. His cousin was a five star corner that's just carried a first round pick Like this shit crazy and Chromarty like he can still play. But that's just me.
Speaker 3: But yeah, I agree with you as this kid to have these kinds of conversations.
Speaker 1: It's like running backs with past blocking and jump cuts. Some coaches don't like running backs jump cutting, yeah for sure. So with linemen, like especially spins, like it's almost like you got to teach a technique that a kid can win with. That's my thing. You can win with this technique. I can't bull rush or I can't speed rush, knowing I'm not fast. I have to set you up with power moves and then throwing a little finesse. I can't start with finesse moves and I'm strong as ship. That would be stupid. That's why, like when I was telling you, like bro, a bull rush isn't illegal.
Speaker 3: But for something tournament today.
Speaker 1: But that's not real football.
Speaker 3: I'm talking about in a game.
Speaker 1: You're not gonna tell me you're not bull rushing. Get the fuck out of here. So I'm only talking about I only practice how I would play. I'm not gonna do some shit in a game and practice that I know I'm not gonna do in a game like you just don't do that. That's where I think it's coming from. Hey, like Patrick Ewing with that famoue, He's like, did you teach who taught you that shot? How did you practice that shot? Who showed who saw you shoot that shot in practice? Do you ever shoot that shot? Why would you take that shot in the game. So you tell somebody, hey, don't practice this. Even I look at that in wrestling, you can see that. Like Dusty road used to say, don't because Jim Cornett you said. Dusty road S would be like, don't do some shit you don't know how to.
Speaker 3: Do for sure.
Speaker 1: Don't do some shit in the ring you ain't never done before. Did you practice this, motherfucker? Why are you doing a shooting star press? You've never done a shooting star press? Break shoulder fucking brock Lesnar did it that mania and almost killed himself because Kurt Angle was too far away.
Speaker 3: But that stema you call.
Speaker 1: He's like a high He was a hybrid, one of the greatest athletes that ever walked the planet. Brock Lester was doing shooting star presses in OVW. So it's like, yeah, you have the athletic ability to do a thing, but you're never gonna be able to do that in the game because your role in the game is different. If I know I'm playing nose tackle on a three four, I am not practicing swim moves in practice. Can I do a swim move? You goddamn right, I can? But am I how much how many those tackles are practicing swim moves? You tell me that? So yes, I have to blorush you all fucking day. That's my natural incarnation. That's what I'm naturally gonna do because that's the quickest way for me to win. That's how I bridge the gap between a guy who's fastest. Shit, like if you're going there against offive line, and like when I was in high school, we got the shit kicked out of us by Santa Maria and their d tackles or wide receivers who are fast as shit and skinny and shooting the gaps on us. Well, power ain't going to power versus speed. You got to close the gap somehow. So you gotta cheat a little bit. Our coaches would tell my. Lite coaches tell me, Barry, you're not fast the quick and small spaces, but you're not fast long term. You gotta cheat your ass up field. So you take that taking this step a fire step. You need to just go straight up field. Ain't for that safety.
Speaker 3: Well, I've seen it, see anything in that line. I've seen it too.
Speaker 2: With the kickside Like, okay, I've seen the kickside tip where you kick side out of forty five. I've seen it taught where you kick it straight back. I've seen coach Jackie Slater teach me to kick side with the front foot first. So there's just a number of different ways to do different things. But again for me, like, but that's also just my kind of archetype as a player like in Matten, Like that's who I would have been. It's just like you know, the versatile player or like the technician or like whatever, Like I had all three techniques because I knew, Okay, this guy's a three technique, he's super fast. I need to kick like a tackle, right, but versus you know, a bigger guy like you, Like, Okay, I'm not going to give up ground. I'm gonna just give up ground gradually and kick with my front foot like Jackie taught me.
Speaker 1: And if he and if you lose to a strong dude who you didn't think was quick, you got to live with that. You can't let him beat you with his best move exactly. That's the one thing, coach, Hey, this dude runs a four to three flat. You can't let him beat you with the one thing he's.
Speaker 2: Good because because at that point then he's just great and he's probably just better than you, and your coach has got to pine around that, or you gotta at that point, you gotta start doing some gray area and ship to kind of even the score.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you're gonna have to. Besides the point, Yeah, that's why I don't really hate I'm glad they they're having that conversation because that needs to be the conversation because I'm seeing a lot of bullshit at these camps that is not realistic in a game.
Speaker 2: That's a fair point, all right, Uh, I mean we kind of started the show with the rants, but uh, let's go ahead and just say anything else you want to get off your chest.
Speaker 1: Yeah, glad I had some rest today because man, it's like you don't realize how tired you are until you have the chance to go do some shit and you just fall back to sleep. So that was fun, crazy week. Plus I really didn't get a lot of sleep last week.
Speaker 2: I mean that's the thing they don't tell you about getting older, is like it's fun to do stuff, but doing stuff still takes energy.
Speaker 3: So it's like, you know, if you work five days a.
Speaker 2: Week or four days a week and you're doing errands on one day or you got social events on the other days, it's like.
Speaker 3: All that shit still takes a toll on you. You know. It's like you are in these lazy days where you just got to sleep.
Speaker 2: And mosy around, play some video games, watch a game, whatever the fuck, Like you know that like those are earned and sometimes it's what you need.
Speaker 1: Plus, like my nephew punched the ship out of me when we were in Oakland, Like Isaiah, like, I feel like Coco Melon for these young kids is like our world star. Because he had he yelled out Coco Melon and then just fucking swung on me and he made contact. He punched me in the side of my head as I was half asleep, and my sister was just like, oh my god. So it's cool because when Isaiah get older, when he just gets twelve, I'm wait till hit puberty.
Speaker 2: You gotta start bearing that up because he's about to be in school and he can't be doing that ship in school.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Like I'm I almost super kicked his ass through the window.
Speaker 1: I thought about it. I was I was like, no, what I'd be okay with that, But nah, I love my nephew. It's just he has a lot of energy, and it's like, all right, you just.
Speaker 3: Because I being that make him out to be like the well thornberry. He's a little brother. That's what I think about what he does.
Speaker 1: Ship, and it reminds me of ship I used to do as a kid. I used to just crash out.
Speaker 3: Not out of maliciousness to another degree. Yeah, but like he's.
Speaker 1: Different because he don't talk, but when he does, I never shut the fuck up as a kid. Like now, it's like it's just funny seeing him and dealing with him, and my mom and my grandma telling me like, oh yeah, you're getting your payback for what you did to us. Kids are funny, man.
Speaker 2: All right, Well, I don't have much to say, but yeah and Isaiah, yeah, my grandma to the little ones.
Speaker 3: But yeah, man's just looking forward to this week.
Speaker 2: I got some interesting job opportunities lined up, so hopefully something progressive, but we'll see it will progress.
Speaker 3: In the meantime, I'm enjoying.
Speaker 2: I'm a little bit more bandwidth and uh yeah, man, helping getting these these coaches, these eight year olds ready and shout out to the Spectrum because that fifty dollars.
Speaker 1: Fifty dollars deal is kind of nice. I'm gonna lie.
Speaker 3: All right, man, Well this's touchdowns and tangents. We're out. See you next week. Eas