Speaker 1: Mac. Have you ever just been going about your day and you reach into your pocket and pull out screws that you know belong somewhere okay, but definitely not in your pocket.
Speaker 2: So nothing is more alarming than when you finish a project and there's several screws left over and you're like, I know they're going to leave me a couple spares, but not seventeen.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I'm not quite building.
Speaker 2: Or hanging too many things these days, however, you with a small child, Yes, I'm sure of doing a lot of that. So no, I can't say that I find screws am I pocket that often?
Speaker 1: Yes, I have been recently selling some things on Facebook Marketplace, so I have to take furniture apart. I've been building newer, smaller furniture, and I was very concerned saying, uh oh, I feel like someone either did not get the proper screws that go with their shelves or I didn't build my shelves properly.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it could be one or the other. I have bought in furniture before off Craigslist. Actually, my bedroom set is a beautifully restored wooden that I get. I think a woman that just does that on the side, and I've had never placed some hardware on it a couple of times. But you just go to the Homa Deep and they got some of your stuff Deep, the nice Italian store down the street there.
Speaker 1: So if you're the person that bought the shelf for me and it's missing parts, it's missing hardware. Sorry. Do you get bad reviews on Facebook marketplace?
Speaker 3: I'm sure you get like a star rating.
Speaker 1: I don't like that one bit.
Speaker 3: What you're gonna lose a star for every screw missing?
Speaker 1: Oh? Oh?
Speaker 3: One? Good? Three?
Speaker 1: Yeah, chop three. King of Queen MARYL.
Speaker 3: Street, Enterta go and I'm mad.
Speaker 1: And the humans are dead. Humans are dead yet today.
Speaker 2: In light of Transformers one crushing it via reviews reviews, yes, it's doing pretty well with the money too, okay, And then in light of the Wild Robot also hitting theaters this weekend, which is getting extremely extremely high reviews, go and I said, well, stock.
Speaker 1: Robots, we said, robots are so hot right now, we have to jump on the robot bandwagon right now and do one of our classic Mac and Goo drafts.
Speaker 2: We got to beat the rest of the podcast world to the punch. Best Media Robots, Best Robots, and media best robots and TV and film, whatever you want to.
Speaker 1: Call it cultures. Uh, if one of us wants to use literature a book of.
Speaker 3: Five, fine, well, I mean neither of us know books.
Speaker 1: That I was. I don't have any. I don't have any, all right, So that's out of the way really early. But Mac, before I hit the themes on, let me ask you this, Yeah, did you jot down what the rules are?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: I got some parameters. Yeah, for this MAC and Goo draft. So we will be drafting ten apiece. That's twenty total the parameters at least from what Good and I texted earlier, which these are still a little unclear. Droids are AOK, so like Star Wars droids, those count Those are robits. However, synthazoids like Bishop from Alien or Data from Star Trek or Vision from Marvel and pretty much anywhere from Blade Runner, those are no good. They can't really be like a humanoid. They can't appair as humor as like a human. Oh no, so like T eight hundreds out, No.
Speaker 1: I don't have any fucking robots.
Speaker 2: Then Eva from X Machina out. So those are all in this under the same thing.
Speaker 1: Well, what if at won point say their skin falls off.
Speaker 2: No no, no, no, oh no you can't. You can't draft the t eight hundred or one thousand goose. So I hope you have twenty No RoboCop either, because if you have, if you lived life as a human at some point, you're out. If you got human memories, you're out. So RoboCop see you, no no chance. There no zords or zord type things where humans are controlling you. Otherwise you're not really a rob but you're a toy.
Speaker 1: I would say, more like a vehicle.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Sure, that works too. And that also rules out awesome O from South Park.
Speaker 3: That's that. That one doesn't count.
Speaker 2: And then, of course we have to answer the Transformers conundrum, the great Transformers conundrum that ruins all these robic podcasts. GOO and I said, yes, thumbs up. They're obviously aliens, but they are also robots. They could be both, they could be the same. That'll work for us, But we did make a stipulation no more than two transformers, otherwise we'll just have a team of transformers.
Speaker 1: I am in a real stack situation. Okay, okay, so I guess I'll just list off some of the robots that are not allowed to draft. Okay, sure, So my number one pick was going to be the Buffy Bot from Buffy the Vampire Slayer. It was a robot created by Spike. It's a sex bot that is programmed and is eventually used as a decoy for Buffy.
Speaker 3: Were you not privted the conversation between you and I earlier.
Speaker 1: I thought it was as long as it's more than fifty percent robot, we're all set. This is a robot, it says here Buffy bought.
Speaker 2: They can't be cause playing as a human. It's just if you want to fuck it, we can't draft it, basically.
Speaker 1: Okay, So I guess I also can't take the fembots from Austin Powers.
Speaker 2: Those are out machine gun jubblies. My man, I know, I'm telling you. This is this is the this is sort of the rule that you came up with. Don't play me.
Speaker 1: I can't take. Well, actually, there's a lot of things I can take that's not bad.
Speaker 3: Yeah, there's still a lot of stuff there.
Speaker 1: Now TA hundred, no T one thousand out out.
Speaker 2: No Terminatrix, the hot female Terminator.
Speaker 1: All right, I guess this isn't okay. I can play along. I just got rid of One of my categories was sexy robots, and I lost a lot of my sexy robots, I.
Speaker 2: Hear you, and that's gonna play to a certain crowd. Unfortunately, those tuning in for sex robots, you're not gonna have a good experience today.
Speaker 4: And now time for what come on and waiting for the Yeah, right now, when the streets are paid with gold, we don't want no deadhoofers. Only ducky shine crackers, how funny duddy may do, but no gobbledy cook. Only the best of the best will be taken in the draft. But not just any old draft. It's the macking oo draft.
Speaker 1: But mac, let's say the scenario here why we are drafting these robots is all right, we are both at the top of our castles, sure, and we need to take these robots to protect, attack and possibly a muse. So let me get the stress.
Speaker 3: When you hear robots, Yeah you think medieval castles.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we're doing a fucking ten robot army that will serve a purpose.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, protected serve I don't know, maybe make some fans. You decide what your team is built for. Now the bigger question is here, do you want the number one pick? Or do you want number two? Or should we flip for it?
Speaker 1: Now that the Buffy bought is out? I don't really care.
Speaker 2: I don't particularly care either. Do you want me to do a little flipping thing?
Speaker 1: Flip a coin?
Speaker 3: Oh? Coin? I don't know if I have a coin that's.
Speaker 1: Pocket full of nickels.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna go on to an online random generator here, I'm gonna go coin coin flip dot com. Is that a thing?
Speaker 1: One minute fifty seven seconds later.
Speaker 2: Pick a number between one one in one hundred and if the random number is over it, you win. If the random if.
Speaker 3: You go over the number, I win forty two. It's ninety six, so you win.
Speaker 1: Okay, I will pick first?
Speaker 2: All right, cats first pick, I get second and third, and there you go. That's how it serpentine draft works.
Speaker 1: I think this might be the number one overall pick. I believe that this is a robit that can be your friend and also that can defend you and attack if they need to. And that is the Iron Giant. The Iron Giant is a fifty foot tall autonomous metal man from another world that crash landed on Earth before becoming friends with a young boy named Hogworth. He is pleasant, he is inquisitive, and he is a very nice demeanor gool.
Speaker 2: I'm not gonna lie. That was number one on my board as well. I think he's the most unique Robit of all the ones you could draft from here, and to your point, very versatile. There might be lesser versions of this, but I feel like he's the a one if you're making. I think there might be a couple other in that top tier. But I also had the Iron Giant as the top selections.
Speaker 1: Are you upset that I took No?
Speaker 2: I figured that you would go that route. I didn't doubt that you would take that, all right, So in lieu of not getting the Iron Giant, I feel like you have to tech take the other one that can help you and also be your friend and probably no definitely more popular, but a little bit cheating. I gotta take Optimist Prime. He's the maybe the coolest looking one. You get a transformer, he gets two forms.
Speaker 1: Huh, so if you have to move, he can help you with his truck version.
Speaker 2: If I would say, if there was one detraction about the Iron Giant not a great leader, not a great leader.
Speaker 3: Optimist Prime better leader.
Speaker 2: So if you look for squad leader here, optimist prime better give me op with my number one, pick number two. I feel like I gotta take him because I don't think he gets back to me.
Speaker 3: The best Star Wars droid we've ever seen. I'm taking K two s O here.
Speaker 2: He's witty, he's feisty, he's absoutly strongest fuck not maybe the tallest rode bit on the list, the girthiest robot on the list. But I feel like he's pretty versatile and he'll work well.
Speaker 3: With the squad.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there is no other Star Wars droid that really makes me want to take them now, Like there are some other ones that are pretty good, but K two s so sassy, and he is competent. He knows what he's doing. He can join the battle and he can just do it in a very smooth way.
Speaker 2: Your list has to have a Star Wars droid at some point. Yeah, we're not taking that bitch, as three.
Speaker 1: Three po is nowhere enormously.
Speaker 3: R two's on the board.
Speaker 2: But if you're as cool as he is, he can't do that many things, so taking him too high is a no go.
Speaker 3: So I went K two.
Speaker 1: Okay, So I'm gonna go from maybe getting the friendliest robot possible to now getting a real dickhead, and that is Bender from Futurama.
Speaker 3: Oh all right, yeah, just one one of that.
Speaker 2: I'll push my buttons, you know, I want to make me really bite my thumb.
Speaker 1: What if Bender is the one that storms the castle or we at least get him up. He's in a really isn't a rash?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Really annoy the shit out of me?
Speaker 1: Mm hmm.
Speaker 2: So we're doing a battle of open mic nights between our units.
Speaker 3: You might win that. Although Kate two not bad not bad at.
Speaker 1: Bender was also created to bend metal. I feel like all of your robits.
Speaker 3: Metal all right, yeah, true, at least so far.
Speaker 1: I'd say he is.
Speaker 2: The smallest robit taken so far though, so really might get his ass kicked.
Speaker 1: Okay, So I think I just found a loophole, and you telling me that I can't get sexy robots.
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 1: The last sexy robot that I have on the board for myself is Rosie from the Jetsons, and you can have her.
Speaker 3: Yep. I like that. It's a good selection.
Speaker 1: Rosie is the maid or the housekeeper of the Jetsons family. She is an older model XB five hundred, but she was all that Jane could afford.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and to me, you need a row And some of these robits will do everything you say. Some of them are like anarchy or may not obey. Maybe you don't have the Jim badge required to get the roebit to to listen to you.
Speaker 3: But Rosie Rose is gonna do whatever you wanted to do. She's your mate.
Speaker 1: You know, as long as I'm not mister j I'm fine.
Speaker 2: You know, in the Army there's people that work on water supply. Maybe that's what she's doing for your squad there. You know, it's it's a it's an iconic pick. I like my team, all right, So I you left my number four on the board here, goose, So I'm gonna go ahead and take bay Maax from Big Hero six, this big fluffy, lovable fella with an awesome little mech suit ironman style type of suit here. And you know I missed out on the Iron Giant for being real comfaning friend type. Bay Max might be.
Speaker 3: Able to fill that role for my squad here.
Speaker 2: And now I'm not so sure what to take next because there's a lot.
Speaker 3: Of maybe I go Megatron, but I already get Optimus Prime.
Speaker 1: You can't put those two guys on on your team.
Speaker 3: I don't need in.
Speaker 2: Fighting, at least not off the jump here. So you know what I'm gonna do here, gooz take my my biggest sleeper pick at the at the top of the fourth round. Here the House from Smart House.
Speaker 1: My next pick is. I said to myself, Yeah, I'm gonna be stuck in a castle, might as well make it a smart castle. And look it takes on the form of an overbearing mother. But uh, you need people to fill roles, like you just said.
Speaker 3: Yeah and honestly downright terrifying.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the House from Smart House could scare all of these things we're drafting right now. So I love that Katie Sagal of course forcing voicing the the AI there. But the House from Smart House, what a what a pick.
Speaker 1: One an amazing pick. That was my next pick, the one that I was gonna take right after that is once again, we're gonna need people to fill roles. And I think that Kits from Night Rider could fill the role of driving me around.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and you know he is a vehicle, so he's a bit limited, but he can do it. You don't need someone driving him in order for him to drive, so it's a it's a solid pick. He's like, there's a whole generation that grew up on that robit, So I don't mind.
Speaker 1: That gul And then wow, that really threw me off. I do need a good fighter, and while he's not the most powerful of the autobots, he makes up for it with his bottomless stick tuitiveness and bravery and determination. Sure, and that is bumblebeeh.
Speaker 3: All right, yep.
Speaker 2: So I was considering pairing him with Ophamus Prime, so he kind of stole that one too combo for me. That's a that's a solid selection right there. You know, he's not to your point, he's not the biggest out there, but he's got the most heart out of any of these robots. If any of these robits were to have a heart, it would be Bud.
Speaker 1: Team USA could have had Jalen Brown, but they said no, we want Derek White.
Speaker 3: Yeah, there you go. You just got your trek wit.
Speaker 1: It's all about spacing, yeah for sure.
Speaker 3: One hundred.
Speaker 2: I don't know if this one counts. I think it does because of the way they frame it. Can I take mecha Godzilla.
Speaker 3: Fuck.
Speaker 1: Okay, so this is a tough one because I know that and I have momy list. I'm gonna let you have Meca Godzilla. But it is made with the skull of Godora.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so so it's Goodora's like brain, Yeah, essentially operating mecha Godzilla. So it's a bit of a gray area, but it's not humans controlling, right, So I felt like that was okay.
Speaker 1: So what we'll say is that if the people out there don't agree with your pick, just don't vote for mac. He cheated, but Goo allowed it.
Speaker 3: I asked no, I.
Speaker 1: Did not allow it. If anything said, don't do it.
Speaker 2: You know A good point with taking your your your sort of dust of bedoy, a dirt dog there with bumblebee. I feel like I need a worker bot here, one that will work maybe for thousands of hours and years on end on end.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna take Wally here, Oh Wally Bally.
Speaker 2: Maybe a little bit of a sympathetic vote isn't gonna be huge in a battle, but he'll do the little things there, little things that maybe the big guys that opt this prime ain't gonna do.
Speaker 3: They're not gonna sink down to that level. So give me Wally here.
Speaker 1: All right, I'm gonna take a I feel like I'm a good leader, but I'm not a good strategist. So what I'm gonna do is take the leader of my army, and that is Ultron, the ultimate Strategist.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, I consider taking him there, but I don't know. He's he's kind of a really bad guy.
Speaker 1: Might turn against me and kill me.
Speaker 2: Maybe maybe he purposely lampoons your team and maybe might as well. But then he's just gonna take you over. So he's gonna kill you possibly.
Speaker 1: Like what if he beats you first and then kills me, I still win, right, I don't know.
Speaker 2: That that's sort of a murder suicide situation. No one really wins there.
Speaker 1: Well, no, I would have the victory for at least a couple of minutes before he takes me out.
Speaker 3: I guess, so you could you could say that.
Speaker 1: All right, I will now take maybe the most iconic robot of the eighties. I wanted a sports car, but you got me a walking trash can. Of course, it is Polly and Rocky four. Give me the robot from Rocky four that you are able to change from a man to a lady, all right, you gotta be honest.
Speaker 2: Was not on my list. Wasn't on my list. So you threw a dart and you hit a bullseye. I guess I got nothing to say about that.
Speaker 1: Happy birthday, Polly.
Speaker 3: Son your squad. You learned that one.
Speaker 1: Polly had sex with that robot, right, I.
Speaker 3: Mean, there's no doubt about it. And what else is that old fuck doing?
Speaker 1: Are you a pleasure robot?
Speaker 3: So it's to me now right? You took back to back.
Speaker 1: There, two, three, four, five, six, seven rounds so.
Speaker 3: Far, and you just went back to back.
Speaker 2: I just went back to back, so seven and eight for me, here, this is who I thought you were setting up here, maybe the most iconic robit of the eighties. Johnny five, Yeah, and not for nothing, became a character and Super Smash Brothers Brawl had some pretty cool laser eyes. So he's he's capable in a battle. He's got some hijinks. If you look at for some hijinks, you know they talk about it and always sudden your your group needs a wild card. Here's my wild card pick right there. So give me Johnny five and then I'm gonna take I don't know if I get a whole batch of them.
Speaker 3: Or just one.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna take the sentinel from X Men. Give me the x Men sentinels here, or just one. They're they're capable, they're you gotta tell them what to do, but at least they'll go do it.
Speaker 1: It's like a faceless warrior bot. It does evolve. I will give you that. So I like the idea. So are we allowed to say if we take something like that, we can have a couple of them.
Speaker 2: I just want one. I think, well, it doesn't take up a slot though.
Speaker 1: Right, it's one slot?
Speaker 3: Yeah? All right, say I get like three sentinels, yeah something?
Speaker 1: Okay, all right, fair, okay, So I guess what I will do. I will take my droid and like K two s O is my favorite, but the best, yeah you know it, the one that has done the most in Star Wars history is R two D two. I will take R two D two.
Speaker 3: Yep, good pick iconic.
Speaker 2: There are gonna be people out there that are pissed that he didn't go until the eighth round.
Speaker 3: But listen, if.
Speaker 2: You're talking about powerful robits, he's not at the top, but he is useful. He thinks outside the box and you can get him to kind of slither into areas that maybe other robots can't.
Speaker 1: Okay, let's see here, what do we have going on? I would like another droid and this is almost like a K two s O light sure, and it's IG eleven the droid, the nurse droid. Say, if I have my four year old son in my castle, this is a good little pick here voice by Taikawatiti in the Mandalorian season one.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so even if maybe if he's not in battle mode, you can at least have him to take care of your son while you're leading your robots into battle. Or if he is in battle mode, he's pretty lethal. Yeah, that's that's not a bad select.
Speaker 1: He's willing to just explode. He's like, he's why what is the there is a Kamakazi.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he'll do He'll do whatever it takes for for the Goose squads. So that's not bad.
Speaker 2: It was was that leave you with nine? So mister, this sets up perfectly. So I'm gonna say, take my second Transformer here. Uh it's it's from the Beast Wars era of Transformer Optimist Primal, the Gorilla version eighth version. I guess of Optimist Prime, Optimist, Prime's cousin, son, grandfather. I don't know they're in the Prime lineage.
Speaker 1: There.
Speaker 2: He just looks super cool as a gorilla or in robot form. So I'll give me primal uh, and then the close out here go. I think it counts because it was on infomercials and it's been in television shows. Give me the rumba with my last pick, the rumba like the vacuum the vacuum robot. I gotta clean up the battlefield after I kill all your robits.
Speaker 1: Okay, so I have a shark, and I'll tell you right now, those things are the absolute balls.
Speaker 3: It's clean up.
Speaker 1: You have just won the whole draft by taking a vacuum cleaner.
Speaker 2: And if are there are attachments, maybe I go a little officer goofy style there.
Speaker 3: Who knows?
Speaker 1: We said no sex robots matc FU. All right, So with my last pick, I'm between a couple here. I do I like the idea that you have of having a couple sentinels, So like I would take a couple of foot soldiers. Maybe they were turned into robots in nineteen eighty seven, because it's not violent to kill robots. Apparently, I already have my droids. I think I'm gonna go with Mecha Streisand And this is the robic created by south Park. And the only way for you to destroy Mecha Striiesand is to have a giant Robert Smith.
Speaker 2: I don't recall what the what it was. Actually, Yeah, this is a solid pick.
Speaker 1: Go.
Speaker 3: I like this. This is a one off the beaten path here for sure.
Speaker 1: Robert Smith. Yes, you need to have a an equally sized Robert Smith who turns into a moth. I believe.
Speaker 2: So the final picture both squads or Barber Streisand and Me. Well, you can have Barbara if you'd like as well. All right, so let's do a little list of honorables here. The ones biggest snub for sure is Megatron, but it has some of that Ultron vibe, so if you put Ultron and Megatron together, they were for sure going to revolt again.
Speaker 1: I like Ultron's mind more.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I hear you on that, but that's that's probably the largest snub. A little surprised that you didn't take Eva once I took Wally because I didn't want to look in one more futuristic, looking a little more capable, also Starscream Solid Transformer.
Speaker 3: I considered Sonny the robot from Eyerbit.
Speaker 2: That's that's a pretty good one, nearly indestructible and thinks for his own as well. And then you had some classic ones go like B nine from Lost in Space obviously one of the more iconic ones. I considered in the in the mold of Mecha streichand just a bit smaller. Dot Matrix from Spaceball.
Speaker 1: Major was another one. That was one when you didn't get K two s so similar sassiness.
Speaker 2: Yeah, for sure, could definitely, could definitely sass someone out.
Speaker 1: Also, mister Irrelevant was almost the intergalactic robots from the Beastie Boys music video.
Speaker 3: Okay, all right, yeah, what do you get a handful of? Though? How many were are there? And then in that video.
Speaker 1: Mmm a couple?
Speaker 3: Yeah good enough.
Speaker 1: I also for my droid, I didn't want to have two R two D two's and BB eight is just the worst version. He's just a soccer ball. It was a little bit quicker, I will say that, but.
Speaker 2: I feel like one Boot from K two s O though, and BB's out, he's he's toast.
Speaker 1: I'll also say this for you telling me that I can't get my sex robots. I did a pretty good job.
Speaker 2: So at least if you're gonna lose the battle, at least you'll you'll have a good night ahead of you.
Speaker 3: Or good night before. One last I got my last team dinner roses got these.
Speaker 4: Uh.
Speaker 2: One I was gonna consider to take if I couldn't get the House or Smart House or the Rumba was the Mars Rover Curiosity.
Speaker 3: But I think it's you people are controlling it. I'm pretty sure. I don't know enough about it, but I considered it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And then the other one that was a classic is a hal nine thousand from Space stascy.
Speaker 3: A Space Odyssey.
Speaker 2: And then you had uh Robbie the robot from Forbidded Planet that ended up in a bunch of other film and television things as homages as well.
Speaker 1: But now the robot from Friends Mac from Mac and No I'm sorry, Joey played Mac right, and then Cheese was the robot.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you're right on it. You're you're the resident Friends expert.
Speaker 1: All right, Mac. My robot team, the team that'll destroy you with their friendship and hilarity is the Iron Giant Bender from Futurama. Rosie from the Jetsons, Kit from Night Rider, Bumblebee from Transformers, Ultron from the MCU, the robot from Rocky four R two D two I G eleven and Mecha streisand.
Speaker 2: And my my squad is Optimist Prime K two Soo Baymax from Big Hero six, the House from Smart House, Mecca, Godzilla, Wally Johnny five, A Sentinel or maybe two from X Men, Optimist Primal, and of course the Rumba to clean up all of Goo's broken parts.
Speaker 1: So head over to social media right now. Tell us who you think won this robit draft? Are there any that we forgot about? Who was over drafted? And what would you do with a robot?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Tell us what robot you would like to spend the most time? You did? Ask to your credit about weird science. What's her name? Lisa?
Speaker 1: Yeah, Kelly LeBrock.
Speaker 2: So if we had allowed that, we would have just drafted all the hottest robits, which you kind of did anyways.
Speaker 1: I mean Lisa's more of a Frankenstein though, if you ask me, Yeah, but.
Speaker 3: I mean if you could touch skin, it's all one in this.
Speaker 1: I will say this though, is that when I was going down the rabbit hole of the buffy Bot. I was like, what is this fucking storyline?
Speaker 2: So you were gonna have Lisa buffy Bot and Fembot's right off the root.
Speaker 1: Verse three picks. I would have done three in a row, machine gun jump, lease, let's get it Manason maxac could be anything. It could be a boat. And this week, Mac, you see the news, you hear about this. A juro spider was spotted on Newberry Street and I'm sorry to Boston's Beacon Hill in this past week in Massachusetts. This is a giant, venomous arachnid. The guro spider is recognizable for its vibrant yellow colors and legs that can grow up to four inches long. They fly by releasing silk threads into the air that allow them to parachute into the wind. The jurros are an invasive species that were spotted in Georgia in twenty fourteen and have rapidly spread along the South. The venomous weak, so when bites do occur, they're less painful than a bee sting and only produce localized pain. The redness dissipates quickly without intervention.
Speaker 3: So two things.
Speaker 2: In general, spiders are your friends. They're gonna eat all the other insects take care of that. But on a more micro level, a personal level, no one loves spiders, not creepy looking. For me, it's like a size thing. So the smaller the spider is, the less I am turned.
Speaker 1: The smaller the spider, the tastier the feast.
Speaker 2: Like I'm not, spiders don't really scare me. I've been in plenty of basements, run into plenty of spider webs.
Speaker 1: However, I've crawled around, crawled around plenty of basements.
Speaker 2: If each of those legs are four inches, that means it's eight inches wide, just leg wise, and then the body a little bit, so that's a little intimidating. And then if it was floating above my head, I don't like that. Yeah, maybe if it was like you know, waste level, I'm not too afraid of that. But I don't know what to do when spiders above my head. I'm not trained for that. So that's that's a little worrisome because then then spiders could be anywhere. They could be anywhere probably anyways, but they could be floating spiders and flying spiders. Is I don't know, somehow less scary than floating spiders. Floating spiders. There's no rhyme or reason to where they're gonna end up. Flying spiders us. You can sort of maybe track them.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 2: I'm thinking skeet shooting here. So I'm out on this spider, that's for sure.
Speaker 1: Yeah. My mother for the past couple of weeks had a giant spider just chilling on her porch and they just they were doing nothing about it, and I went over eat the other stuff. It was a giant spider.
Speaker 3: Yeah, because it's been eating so many things.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but then whenever anybody went to the house, they had to sprint along the porch.
Speaker 3: They didn't have to.
Speaker 1: My mother's like, Oh, it wasn't bothering anybody. I'm like, it bothered literally everybody.
Speaker 3: Mama Antonelli gets it well.
Speaker 1: Too bad for her. I smashed it with a shovel.
Speaker 3: Come on, you didn't need a shovel. You could have just used your hand.
Speaker 1: I felt like the shovel slayer from home alone. I gave it the two hand right to the face.
Speaker 3: We just did a little a little chancola, little flip flop chankla.
Speaker 1: What's a chancola?
Speaker 3: Oh, you don't what chocolate is, no.
Speaker 2: Idea, It's basically it's it's a Hispanic type of thing. It's basically what they call a flip flop type of thing.
Speaker 1: But uh, I smashed that some bitch.
Speaker 3: People will get threatened to get hit with chancolas.
Speaker 1: Oh oh is that kind of like an Italian wooden spoon essentially? Okay, we're all coming together like a world.
Speaker 2: Do you think the house from Smart House would welcome spiders or kill spiders?
Speaker 1: Eat spiders? I would assume consume spiders. Yeah, that's how it becomes more smart.
Speaker 3: Okay, sure? Sure?
Speaker 2: Do you think it gains the house gains web abilities when it when it eats certain spiders, it.
Speaker 1: Just takes on the form of what it just ate. Now. I will say about this thing here though, is uh I'm happy that it's not a murder hornet. That was the big scare a couple of years ago, of these giant one inch hornets that that could eat you.
Speaker 2: Well, insects in general don't really scare me, although spider's technically not ins a racket school a whole whole other category.
Speaker 1: Have you seen one of these murder hornets take out a whole bee ive?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Whatever, What are you gonna do? Mother Nature?
Speaker 1: If I see one of those some bitches, I am jumping into the sea, I.
Speaker 2: Don't know see if it's moving and fly, I don't know if you can generate enough force with that shovel to actually kill the murder hornet.
Speaker 1: Well, the murder hornet's so big that how does it move? Is it more clumsy? Is it like when when ant man turns into giant man. It's more you can see what it's doing more?
Speaker 2: Yeah, you could, you could, probably, Like I, it's sometimes hard to kill a fly because they're small. Yeah, it's probably easier to kill those things because they're a bigger target.
Speaker 1: He's a tennis racket if you have to.
Speaker 3: Yeah, right, there you go.
Speaker 1: And I always have a tenant I alas have a tennis racket in my back pocket.
Speaker 2: They make those zap ones, the tennis rack those though. Oh yeah, you ever put your tongue on one of those things?
Speaker 1: I mean more for killing an insect?
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, for sure.
Speaker 1: Does I don't know about that, But uh, get these got these fucking things out of my face?
Speaker 3: Sure?
Speaker 1: All right? Mac? Where can the people?
Speaker 2: You can find us on Twitter and on Instagram at mac and Goo podcast every other platform where you're Mac Amberson and Goo. That's max Shift seven Goo. It includes Facebook, Stitcher, Tuning, Caspeckspreak, Google Play, iEAR, and we're on Spotify, but more importantly we're on Apple Podcasts. Get on there, rate review, subscribe five stars. If you do that, we'll get you a free Mac and Gooo T shirt from the folks over at Watertown Sports Where. That's Watertown Sportswear on thirty four mod Obbage Street in Watertown. Watertownsportswear dot com. Expert screenprinting and embroidery.
Speaker 1: Tell Alexa right now to play the Mac and Goo Movie Club on iHeartRadio.
Speaker 3: Hi, Alexa, that's.
Speaker 1: Pretty good, not bad. Teapublic dot com. The holiday season's coming up. Go buy some merch oh goo.
Speaker 2: Yeah, before we get to the holiday season, we've got spooky season come up. And don't get me wrong, I go nuts for a golf girl. I like pumpkin spice. I went to sale in Massachusetts the other day and boy do I fucking hate that place?
Speaker 1: Yeah, why what are you doing it?
Speaker 2: I met a friend for lunch, a friend who was visiting from the last day. I met his son very cute kid, big squash on him like Raffi big squash.
Speaker 3: So you guys get that in common.
Speaker 2: I got there at about ten forty five in the morning on a Monday, and the city was fucking packed, more than a month from Halloween.
Speaker 3: Explain that to me. How's that a thing?
Speaker 1: Last time I went to Salem, I had a great meatball sandwich.
Speaker 3: I ate pizza, and I forget the name of the place.
Speaker 1: We went to the same place.
Speaker 2: I had a pickle rick pizza, pickle, bacon bits, ranch and cheese.
Speaker 3: Delicious.
Speaker 1: It sounds delous, right, that sounds great, really good. Yeah, my wife and I thought about possibly moving to Salem, and we checked it out on a Sunday, late November, so not spooky season yep. And it took us a very long time to get in there because there is one way in and one way out.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you'd be better off with like Danvers or Peabdy, but Salem, especially that downtown area, it really is just.
Speaker 3: One way in and out. It's not enjoyable whatsoever.
Speaker 1: Also, I don't like witches, so Flying.
Speaker 3: Saucer Pizza is where I went.
Speaker 1: I think I went there.
Speaker 2: Pretty I'll wreck they had uh. I wanted to try like six of their pizzas. So if you happened to be in Shitty Salem this time of year, go to Flying Saucer Pizza.
Speaker 4: Ah.
Speaker 1: The other day I was getting I was getting tacos with my family. I saw across the way, Uh, there were four friends that ordered every plate of the tacos, because four tacos came with each plate, and then they shared them. And I said, I wish I.
Speaker 3: Had friends were at Tacoiel Amiga.
Speaker 1: I was.
Speaker 3: I just had that the other night myself.
Speaker 1: Did you eat there or did you take it home?
Speaker 3: No, we had at the fire station, so we had you have to.
Speaker 1: Eat there, so I know it's I love taking it home. It's my favorite taco place. It's in wallfam so very very small side set. I ate it there for the first time in years. Fucking mind blown.
Speaker 3: You know what. I my favorite item on the menu.
Speaker 2: Actually, that's that they're small case of das because it's almost like a large taco and and everything is just portioned well in there. The large case of deers are over whelming, but essentially their small case of dia is like folded in half.
Speaker 3: It's like a big TACOI soft taco. I can't recommend it enough.
Speaker 1: I just do the taco with specialis with carnitas.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I love.
Speaker 2: I love the carnitas or the uh, what's what's the basically the spicy version of carnitas.
Speaker 1: I'm not sure. It's like the it's like braized right, yeah, I forget. But also they might have the best hot sauce around.
Speaker 2: It's it's honestly a little too spicy for me. I put a little bit, a little bit.
Speaker 1: I think it's actually a little weak spice wise, but flavor wise, it's amazing.
Speaker 2: But it is a step above like Buffalo, you know what I mean. It's just a little spicier than that. So I can handle. I'll do it.
Speaker 3: I'll do a couple of drops. But it is the flavor is nice.
Speaker 1: Also, there's nothing better than eating hot chips.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I totally agree.
Speaker 2: And by the way, those those tacos, especially aalities you get four tacos, it's like five bucks.
Speaker 1: It's like twelve bucks or fifteen bucks. It's not five bucks. What they give you the Firefighter special. Look at Mac.
Speaker 3: We may have I don't know. I didn't pay very much for mine.
Speaker 1: It's like Mac when in and held them ransom for tacos.
Speaker 3: I didn't pick it up. I'm not the junior man anymore, all.
Speaker 1: Right, So check us out. At the start of next week, we'll have a news dump tons of trailers, oh yes, sir. And then at the end of next week, maybe joker finally I had.
Speaker 3: To yeah, fucking wedding his horseshit.
Speaker 1: Tuesdays or Tuesdays, I abuse kangaroos, dam Burton.
Speaker 3: Please flip the cassette over to side B to continue the adventure.
Speaker 1: Now it's time for girls jumping on trampolines.