Speaker 1: Alrighty, well, the meat industry wants to kill you. Meanwhile, Texas wants to kill a man for something he probably didn't do. Why aren't they stopping? Well, it's Texas that and it's the weekend. What are you gonna do for it? I'm gonna tell you some options uncensored, unfiltered, fun, hinged. He's the cuel Cast.
Speaker 2: Listen daily on your favorite streaming service. It is the crowd Cast. I am Corel, silvery glad you are joining me on this Friday, October the eighteenth.
Speaker 1: Oh, miss Ember, miss embers into house, embers into room. She's here, She's here, and she's and I'm she's here, I'm queer.
Speaker 2: You all are used to it.
Speaker 1: Thank you for editing your pledge from nine dollars a month to twenty dollars a month.
Speaker 2: You know who.
Speaker 1: You are not gonna single you out in case your wife or husband's listening, going we ain't got that kind of money. What are you doing giving money to that talk show host? Because you were married to Gerald Deane, you understand. You know, people wonder why I come off as black sometimes and on KGOL it was a real problem. People would come to my personal appearances at kgo and tell me I wasn't me because Correll was black. I've had I can't count the amount of times I've been doing an autograph signing and someone's come up and said, where's Carrel. I said, honey, I'm right here, and they said, no, Carel's black. It's like, no, I ain't, honey, at least not on the outside. Uh. And part of that reason is the one, oh, look at my girl doing the big stretch, doing the big stretch. Now, you know, if your dog does the stretch and you don't do some sort of big deal about it, like, oh, it's the big stretch, then it doesn't really count.
Speaker 2: So every time, oh, her face is itchy? What's going on? Oh? Oh, oh itchy face. Let me get it for you. There we go, Oh my goodness, oh, oh my gracious, First a big stretch, then a big on, Oh my gosh, oh aren't you being the oh?
Speaker 1: And then kisses? Aren't you just being too cute? You know I could do this all weekend. Y'all, Just go about your business. We'll talk about topics later. Ember's kissing me and yes, I let my dog kiss my face. And if you don't like that then don't kiss me.
Speaker 2: Oh, I love you so much. Here you go?
Speaker 1: Oh there, okay, oh sorry, but you know what, whenever she wants attention from me, I don't care. If I'm on stage the Grammys. If Ember wants attention, she don't get it. Okay, she gonna get it cause she's my girl. That's my girl right there. So anyway, I was telling you about this marvelous person named Flip Wilson who I grew up watching, and some of you know the name, uh, and Flip Wilson onto this Friday Into the The Lax Show had this character named Geraldine, and Flip Wilson did drag on TV like in the seventies, and Jeraldine Honey and Jerald Deane gave it to your girl.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 1: And so I, of course, as a kid, you know, being influenced by what I saw, Whenever I wanted to get all up in someone's face, suddenly I would turn into Geraldine. Uh.
Speaker 2: Uh No you didn't. Uh.
Speaker 1: And so a lot of my life has been shaped by Flip Wilson and Geraldine, Geraldine Honey and my boyfriend Killa. She had a boyfriend named Killer. Oh, Jamie Fox and Dragon in Living Color had nothing up on Geraldine a drag queen before on TV before it was fashionable child. Yes, honey, I'm just gonna amuse my self for the half hour.
Speaker 2: I'm just gonna, you know, amuse myself. Why not. It's been a week.
Speaker 1: We had Kamala Harris on Fox News with old Brett eyelash, eyebrow whatever, botox Brett.
Speaker 2: Uh and you know they're now Oh and she was fifteen minutes late. Yeah, she's the vice president of the United States and she's running for president. You're a hack reporter. You can sit and wait.
Speaker 1: You know, when President Carter called me, he was twenty two minutes late. I went to garden and I did and the phone rang and it was him. And Heather said, Uncle Charles, it's President Carter on the phone. And she was like, and I said, tell him to wait. I have to wash my hands.
Speaker 2: She said, I'm not telling him to wait.
Speaker 1: I said, he made me wait twenty two minutes. I got to wash my hands and he was fine with it.
Speaker 2: By the way.
Speaker 1: Uh, So we have that debacle this week. We have the polls that are like neck and neck tied or Trump I had two points Harris, I had one point, someone said had one tenth of one percent of one point, and then of course you get all the emails. Kamela is behind by one one hundredths of a percent give us one thousand dollars. They've raised a billion. But anyway, so that'll all be over in like, what is it? Twenty days, twenty three days, twenty five days, it's coming, it's coming to a close three weeks from tuesday. And that's it, twenty one days from tuesday, and we done?
Speaker 2: Is that right?
Speaker 1: Let me ask the new iPhone sixteen promax? When is November twenty How long before November fifth? Two weeks and one day?
Speaker 2: Lord? Wait? What definitely?
Speaker 1: Now?
Speaker 2: Uh huh?
Speaker 1: How many days before November fifth? It wasn't three hundred and forty seven days ago? See iPhone sixteen promax and it's stupid. How many days until November fifth?
Speaker 2: Twenty twenty four? Nineteen day? Eighteen seventeen eighteen.
Speaker 1: Days, oh lord, eighteen days, eighteen days, girlies eighteen days.
Speaker 2: Oh, and then it's all over.
Speaker 1: And then it's all well, I guess that's right, because it's the eighteenth. There's thirty one days, so that's twelve and then you add in the file. Oh, Lloyd eighteen days so two weeks from Tuesday. Holy kimonies, I've already I'm voting tomorrow. I'm voting Saturday, the nineteenth. Oh yes, I am. Take me to the polls, Take me to the polling please. I'm casting my ballot for Kamala Harris because we ain't going back, we ain't giving it. So anyway, God, We're like five minutes of the show, and all I've told you is that I love Jeril Dane.
Speaker 2: I love Jail Jane Honey. I grew up listening to Jail Dean. Yes I did.
Speaker 1: I wonder if Jail I wont to flip on someone'll even get away with that today on TV?
Speaker 2: Who knows a living color can never be broadcast today? Oh so the depressing news?
Speaker 1: So okay, you know that I watched Bones and I grew up watching Quincy Me and I Emergency and Paramedics and oh the Dick Wolf one out of New Orleans, what is it?
Speaker 2: Night Watch?
Speaker 1: And just if the Ambulance UK, Ambulance Australia twenty four Hours in the A and E Trauma Life and the Er Boston med But I mean, if it's a medical show or an emergency responder show. I've seen it, okay, and Law and Order SVU twenty six seasons I've seen. So I'm a procedural fan. I've literally spent years of my life watching television. I know that might be sad, but back in the olden days, they spent years of their life watching the damn.
Speaker 2: Fire, you know. And I read, I got books.
Speaker 1: I got books to Oh, here's two books that I have to read right here, right here, and Rice and Prince Lestat and the Realms of Atlantis and then the Vampire Chronicles an Rice, Prince Lestat, princelesstat comes first and.
Speaker 2: Then Atlantis comes second. Those are her last.
Speaker 1: Two Vampire chronicles. I haven't read them yet because I'm sad that she's dead. How many of you have an author that died and you haven't read their last book because you know, like it's their last book.
Speaker 2: You know, these are her last books. This is it.
Speaker 1: She wrote these and Chris helped her write some of these or is there one more that he There might be one more.
Speaker 2: That he helped her with. But anyway, so I'll do some reading. Whatever.
Speaker 1: So I watch all these shows, and for a long time on the shows, there was this shaken baby syndrome.
Speaker 2: Okay, SBS, honey, and.
Speaker 1: That's when that little darling that you love and a door is screaming and yelling so much that you just grab it and shake the life out of it. Literally just dies because it severs the brainstem thing and a thing. So people went to jail for shaking baby syndrome on my shows.
Speaker 2: And in real life.
Speaker 1: And now now many of those people have been let out of jail because shaken baby syndrome is no longer a thing. Science has found out that yes, you can kill a child from shaking it too much, absolutely you can. However, other factors can also cause what appears to be shaken baby syndrome. There could be bacterial infections, fungal infections, neurological disorders, there's other things that can cause the shaken baby syndrome, which has now been changed to abusive something syndrome. So they can't say definitively that you shaking the baby is what caused that syndrome. Yes, it could, but they can't say definitively. Well, in two thousand and two, this father was convicted of shaking his two year old to death, and he is subsequently going to be put to death in Texas. However, the detective that prosecuted the case, and several lawyers and several high key celebrities, high key just a lot of people have come forward, a lot of learned people, a lot of very smart people have come forward and say you can't kill him for this crime because he could be completely innocent, like he has repeatedly claimed. He has always claimed as innocence, and they're saying there is reasonable doubt he could be innocent. This may not have been shaking baby syndrome.
Speaker 2: Now on bones.
Speaker 1: They would dig up the body, they would do every another autopsy, they would vindicate him. He'd get out of jail, he'd hugg his family and all would be, well, we don't know if he's gonna die or not. And this is because the government, the governor has to grant the clemency or the president could pardon him. This is my problem with the death penalty. Okay, Jeffrey Dahmer put him to death. He was killed in prison.
Speaker 2: By the way. People that clear cut did it have no remorse.
Speaker 1: You know, the ed Gains of the world, the Jeffrey Dahmers, you know, they're oh Richard Ramirez.
Speaker 2: Oh, the nightstalker.
Speaker 1: People like that that get caught red handed and there's no doubt. There's just no doubt in the world that they did it. And it's a horrific crime. Yeah, remove them permanently. Bye. But that's not all the death penalty cases. And we also know that racism has played into death penalty cases. So death penalty cases do have like twenty years of appeals. But that being said, we know that innocent people have been put to death. That's my problem with the death penalty. It's permanent. You don't get a redo, you don't get an oops are bad. You know the person's gone.
Speaker 2: So this guy maybe shook his baby to death. Maybe did not. He says, no, he did not.
Speaker 1: Doctors say there's a very real chance that he did not, because the diagnosis has changed. It's like teeth marks, Okay, teeth imprints on a body used to be definitive evidence that you committed that crime. They would do a dental mold of your teeth, they'd do a mold of the imprint. If they match, that's it. Those are your teeth marks. Now bad evidence is not admissible in court because we have found out that given the way the skin moves, and given that dental imprints not necessarily a one thousand iron percent clad piece of evidence. Video evidence used to be thought as iron clad. There's even a show called Caught on Camera. We now know that it can be manipulated, and that it has been manipulated. The same with audio evidence. So when this evidence is being presented in a capital case where the person could die, it's got to be ironclad, and in Texas it's not. Now should the guy be pardoned immediately, Yes, he should be. The governor should say, oh, we're not killing you.
Speaker 2: We can't.
Speaker 1: We don't know, you know, if they want to retry him with the new evidence whatever. Okay, Just like we spoke about the Menendi this week, I didn't realize that in the original trial, a cousin testified that they had told him about the abuse. In the second trial, that testimony was not allowed because they said they thought he was making that up, that he was protecting his cousins, and that they had never shared that. However, the family is back in court because, as I told you this week, they found a letter at the cousin's house written by Eric Menendez months before the murders talking about the abuse. So the abuse was real. They made it known. Unless they were doing a year long alibi. They made it known, so their case should get another look. Just like this case in Texas. This is a death penalty case. We are talking about killing a man and he may not have done it. He might not have done it, and that's why when it comes to the death.
Speaker 2: Penalty we need to rethink it. We really do, because you can never truly be sure.
Speaker 1: Unless there's that iron plaid evidence, then hey, I'll bet you off.
Speaker 2: But if there's something where there could be doubt, best under maybe that's just me.
Speaker 1: Hey Corel here and I'd like to take a moment to thank all the patrons. Could Patreon support means the absolute world to me and the show. If you'd like to show your support for the crazy endeavors of the corell Cas, then please go to patreon dot com forward slash really Corel. That's patreon dot com forward slash really Corel, And please help get those numbers up by subscribing to the YouTube channel YouTube dot com forward slash really Corell. There's so much great free content there. It's like having a network on your TV, phone or tablets. All social media is really Corel, including threads and Instagram, and don't forget the website that's had it all all along, really correl dot com. Without your support, the show simply doesn't work. So please listen on all streaming services, watch and subscribe on YouTube, and support the show to Patreon at patreon dot com.
Speaker 2: Forward slash Really Corel.
Speaker 1: Thanks from thirty years of support to the loudest, craziest, most unhinged gay guy and.
Speaker 2: His little dog.
Speaker 1: And let's keep the party going as long as we can. Oh my goodness, it's the weekend. Happy, happy weekend. You know I have there's a song in my head. I can't get it out. I can't it's is it gonna play?
Speaker 2: Oh? Can you hear it? Oh?
Speaker 1: Yes? You've been running no round jam with me all all the town, best Williams, You're the best I ever had. It's the song of the day for me. What's your song of the day today? What have you woken up with the song in your brain?
Speaker 2: This is it for me. I won't take.
Speaker 1: Hey more than one mistake? Best was crazy? She was crazy? Oh yeah, yoh, John, it's the.
Speaker 2: Best of there the head. Oh yeah, I love that song.
Speaker 1: It's been in my brain all morning while you'll run in the street. So I hope you're gonna have a good weekend. Play a song that just makes you jam, jump up and down, Go see a movie, watch something, read a book, wash your car, walk your dog.
Speaker 2: I live to a walk my dog, my dog, my dog. Oh god, you know. I want to do a show at the Rio Theater in Santa Cruz.
Speaker 1: I do. It's a fabulous theater, but it holds six hundred people, and there's no way I'd fill that, So I guess I won't do a show there. But I saw the theater and I'm like, this is in my listening area, and it's a fabulous theater, six hundred people. It's got a great stage, it's got a lovely lobby, it's got a marquee out front.
Speaker 2: I really want to do the Rio Theater.
Speaker 1: Maybe I'll see if Maureen Langen and Brian Copelan or maybe we'll get a show together, because I really want to do it. But I just don't think I could, you know, six hundred people. I mean, how would I pull six hundred people? But I really want to do that theater, the Rio Theater.
Speaker 2: I really truly do so. Texas wants to kill an innocent man, and the meat industry wants to kill you. Ah, it's not funny.
Speaker 1: Tens of thousands of pounds of meat is being recalled and destroyed because of listeria, a nasty little bacteria, and it's in processed foods. It's in the boar's head meat. They found it there. They found it in the chicken that's inside your pre made chicken salads and your you know all that pre made stuff that has those chunks of chicken in it.
Speaker 2: Oh. Yes, lysteria, girl, it's everywhere.
Speaker 1: Tens of thousands of pounds, millions of pounds of beef and chicken are being recalled and processed meat because of lysteria, girl. And this happens, I'm telling you right now, it happens all the time. You're always hearing about these recalls of meat. Meat is filthy. Meat wants to kill you. It wants to give you colon cancer.
Speaker 2: It wants to give you mad cow disease, or it wants to give you bird flu, or it wants to give you a.
Speaker 1: Host of other things. COVID came from eating meat. Let's remember, granted it was the meat of a panglin. But meat his meat, and meat his murder. And so I just on this Friday, I gotta ask you, what's your fascination with this death substance known as meat. You're gonna get the colon cancer, you're gonna get the cholesterol. Now, you might get the listeria. You know who ain't worried about it?
Speaker 2: Meat.
Speaker 1: You don't hear a tofu recall, You really don't. You don't hear a Sitan recall. Impossible. Meat has never been recalled. You don't hear them recalling fruits.
Speaker 2: And veggies that much.
Speaker 1: Sometimes because of e collide, because the farm workers don't wash their damn hands after they poopoo, they get the poo poo, and then they don't wash their hands, and then they go out and harvest your food, and then you get their poopoo in that lovely But for the most part, that doesn't happen.
Speaker 2: It's always the meat.
Speaker 1: And now there's recalls everywhere all the Trader Albertson, Smith, Kroger, Win, Dixie, Pixie or Pixar or Pixel whatever the name of the show. There are recalls everywhere. Before you put any meat in your mouth, you better make sure it ain't gonna kill you.
Speaker 2: That could have been a T shirt in the AIDS generation.
Speaker 1: Oh, I'm allowed to joke. I've lost a generation of friends to AIDS. But truly, you gotta make sure the meat is safe before you put it in your mouth. Take it from the queer, Okay, before you put some unknown meat in your mouth. Make sure it ain't gonna kill you. Okay, make sure it ain't been recalled. So there's all this meat out there.
Speaker 2: It's just terrible. And all the.
Speaker 1: Experts agree that the next pandemic is coming from our food, from meat or darry and we all know that being a vegan.
Speaker 2: Is the way the planet wants you to be.
Speaker 1: So it's the problem. Now's a good time, since meat is just being recalled. How about you just shew it?
Speaker 2: God bless you. How about you just a sh you the meat, God bless you? Truly?
Speaker 1: How about you say, you know what, I don't want the listeria Just because it sounds like listerine, don't mean it's harmless. Okay, Charles Lister would not approve. And I wonder if it's called listeria because it was discovered by Lister. Maybe because you know.
Speaker 2: He was a real person, the person that gave us listerine. He was the person.
Speaker 1: And do you know that the invention of listerine cut down on surgery complications by eighty five percent?
Speaker 2: Did you know that? Yes?
Speaker 1: Because surgeons, you know, didn't used to disinfect their hands before they cut up on you. Oh no, uh, I know now they do. Why antiseptic, antiseptic listerine. Lister Uh he was the one. Oh yes, child, So this meat is terrible.
Speaker 2: You got there?
Speaker 1: There is now a searchable database online. You can go and find it at Google searchable database to see if your meat is bad. Usually you can tell by looking and smelling. I know I can smell meat and know it's bad. Put that back in your pants, that rancid thing. I was over at Cardenas getting liver for miss Ember and I couldn't find it, and I said, where's the liver? He said, oh, it's down here with the organ meat. The organ meat can't be near the regular meat. They can't touch. And I said, wait, so the liver can come out of the cow, but once the liver comes out of the cow, the liver can't touch the cow meat. Again, he said, that's right. He said, none of our meat can touch And I said, why is that? He said, well, bacteria and bad things. I said, then why sell it if it's so damn dangerous that you got to use surgical gloves. And the butchers when you go to a butcher, now it's like they do it in an operation on you, honey. They do the gloves, they put on the mask, everything, but ask for a scalpels scalpel okay.
Speaker 2: What kind of cut of beef with too?
Speaker 1: Truly, the butcher now looks like a surgeon. He's in a wat, he's got gloves, he's got his hair covered, he got a mask. And that's just to protect him from the food that he's given you. It ain't to protect your food. It's to protect him from your food. And then he wraps it up in a cute little bunch of white paper and hands it to you, telling you, oh, well, make sure you don't you know. And then you got a refrigerator at a certain temperature, it can't touch anything in your fridge. You gotta wash it off when you cook chicken. After you cook, after you you know, process the chicken, you gotta scrub the counters with disinfectant.
Speaker 2: Anything that like that you shouldn't eat. It's like it doesn't want you to eat it, eat it, eat it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, no, it doesn't want you to. So there is an online searchable database, and I how do you recommend this weekend? Before you put any meat in your mouth or other parts of your body, you go and you check the online meat database to make sure you're not shoving listeria up in there. You don't want a side a listeria. You don't want like a prime rib with a side of listeria. Usually it's a jew, you know, not bless you, but you know, not listeria.
Speaker 2: So just be careful about the damn listeria. Okay, I am turning down this.
Speaker 1: Sonose because if I forget and I start playing music again, it will blare and it will shock and surprise me. All right, it is the weekend. A couple of movies out. Michael Keaton's in the movie where he has to raise his nine year old children because his wife goes to rehab. Michael Keaton is seventy three years old. If they cast a woman in a role where she had nine year old children, they wouldn't cast a seventy three year old. Now, granted it's a second wife. His first wife died and he's got a grown daughter, Mila Kunis, but he.
Speaker 2: Also has nine year olds.
Speaker 1: I think it is so creepy when old men have young children, Like who's al Pacino? Or Robert de Niro's one hundred and seventy three and has a nine month old baby. Oh, Mick Jagger. Mick Jagger's eighty one and he just his thirty two year old wife just birth their eighth child.
Speaker 2: His eighth child.
Speaker 1: I don't know if she had them all or whatever, but he's eighty one. He gonna die before the kid's even ten years old. Well, probably not. Mick Jagger's probably gonna live to be two hundred. But you know what I'm Saying't it creepy when old people have young babies and the babies come out looking at old because it's old sperm, you know, So the babies come out looking like little old men or little old women. Their faces be all wrinkled, and they already got some you know, hair loss, their hairlines already back here because they old.
Speaker 2: They're born old because daddy's sperm was eighty one years old.
Speaker 1: Can you imagine that poor sperm trying to swim around and say, oh my god at eighty one, that's like, oh, help me, Jesus.
Speaker 2: Poor things. Anyway, Oh, the show's all over today, all over the but who cares.
Speaker 1: I really done creeped out by old people who have young children. And so there's this movie out with Michael Keaton. He's seventy three. He's gonna raise a nine year old kid. Yeah, right, that's you. Child Services should step in there. It's the old man and they're like, all right, Corren, are you saying when you're seventy three, you couldn't raise a nine year old. When I'm seventy three, you better not even have any babysit a nine year old.
Speaker 2: Okay. By that time, I'm done with children. So that movie's out.
Speaker 1: There's the Apprentice movie that's out, which Trump doesn't want you to see.
Speaker 2: I hear it, miss that.
Speaker 1: I hear that there's someone outside, someone outside our door. Whoever they are, they got to go away. I'm busy. The Apprentice movie is out, Yep, it's out. Donald doesn't want you to see it. It is about his rise, and I think it's like his association with Roy Khane, and they're sort of blaming Roy Cone for turning Trump into the househole that he is. But no one could turn that man into an assehole. Either either born one or you're not. Assholes are born not made. Okay, that should be a T shirt, but it's true. You know, either you have the propensity to be an a hole or you don't. He has always had that propensity. He will always be one. It's no one's fault but his own. Okay, because I've been around some huge a holes and I didn't become one, but he did because he wanted what the a holes had. He found out and this is in the movie The Apprentice. He finds out that to be among the rich and powerful in New York, you pretty much have to be an a hole. And I have found that to be true. I think one of the reasons I'm not rich is because I'm just not devious enough. I just can't lie, cheat and steal. I know many Bill Handel was the biggest a hole in the world to his staff at KFI, number one in the ratings, behind the scenes, a giant a hole to staff. He was always nice to me, he was always nice to Andrew. But I watched him with staff, and you can tell if someone's an a hole by how they treat the staff. They'll treat other equals the same. He saw us as equal because we were afternoon drive. He was morning drive. But staff, oh my god, he was horrible. I hope he's better now to his staff than what he was.
Speaker 2: But he was a big a hole.
Speaker 1: Rush Limbaugh, huge a hole, on and off, on and off, just to his staff. To other people, he was pretty nice. But to his staff, oh no. And I've seen it doctor Laura.
Speaker 2: The same thing.
Speaker 1: Most of the successful people in media that I've met a holes. Anderson Cooper, I've heard nothing but bad things about him, that he's just a giant a hole.
Speaker 2: Same with Andy Cohen. I've heard that Andy Cohen.
Speaker 1: Is insufferable, that no one behind the scenes likes him, that he is just insufferable. And it's often these people that have the squeaky clean images that end up being the biggest day holes behind that.
Speaker 2: Well, look at Ellen. I don't know if Ellen was in a hole.
Speaker 1: I really don't. I saw her recent stand up special. It's on Netflix. You can stream it this weekend. I think, how do I say this when it's your name on the Marquee you tend to be more protected.
Speaker 2: All right. We had fun today on a Friday.
Speaker 1: We this show was all over the place for who cares. I'll see you on Monday and then we'll get back to the real topics. I am carel be who you want, to be, closer, hurt anybody.
Speaker 2: Do come back on Monday. Please, thanks your payment. We'll talk to you on Sunday.
Speaker 1: Look for that links paper inbox, Read a book, go to a movie, listen to a great song. It's broadcasting from a completely different point of view yours. Listen daily to the CORELL cast on your favorite streaming service.