Speaker 1: Now your host walking you up to first pitch. It's Tim kas.
Speaker 2: Hi, everybody, and welcome in to Morongo Casino. Dodgers on dank Cope, you're enjoying your Monday, Your world champion Los Angeles Dodgers taking on the Anaheim Angels part of a three game exhibition freeway series. Yeah, the Dodgers are two to zero after the two wins in Tokyo over the Chicago Cubs were back at it for three exhibition games before they crank it back up with the regular season home opener on Thursday against the Detroit Tigers. Last night, the Dodgers won the series opener at the Ravine, and now the freeway series shifts down the five Freeway, through all the traffic and ends up at the Big A and Anahei for tonight and tomorrow's contest. Tyler Glass now on the mound in this game two, first pitch coming up at six oh seven, coming up over the next hour here on Dodgers on deck. We got a lot to get to. We're gonna hear from the manager himself, Dave Roberts. We're gonna dive deeper into this pitching matchup. David Vass goes high and tight. We've got your Dodgers magical moment. Shortly we'll visit with Kirsten Watson. We got your prize picks double Play of the Game coming up.
Speaker 3: You get ready for that.
Speaker 2: In just a few minutes, we'll check in with Tim Neverett and Rick Monday at the Gallpin Motors Broadcast booth. Well, the Dodgers and Angels squared off last night, and it was Jackson Ferris, the young left hander getting the start for the Dodgers. The minor league pitcher of the year last season in A and double A, got the start yesterday.
Speaker 3: Pitched into the.
Speaker 2: Fourth inning, gave up one earned run on two hits while striking out four. That run that he gave up was a Taylor Ward home run in the third as the Angels grabbed the early one nothing lead. The Angels offense finally got it going in the fifth thanks to Max Bunsei.
Speaker 4: The Angels on a Taylor Ward home run have a one to nothing league and Munsey with a shot to right and the Dodgers have a one to one time the four to five rows back behind me out of town scoreboard.
Speaker 1: One hits it out. Dodgers and Angels were tied.
Speaker 2: At onat tight at one of the fifth thanks to Max monthsy than Chris Okie. In the bottom of the seventh with a two run double, Dodgers up three to one. The Dodgers would tack on more in the eighth first and air leading to a run scoring. The Dodgers go up four to one. Then ced t three drove in a pair.
Speaker 4: You know, over course up a million years in spring training, it's not whether you win or lose, it's how you play the game. It's nice to win.
Speaker 3: Of course.
Speaker 4: A fly ball to deep rough center field and that's gonna go to the wall.
Speaker 1: Chris Taylor has just knocked in.
Speaker 4: A couple of runs under the Dodgers with a six to one league.
Speaker 2: Chris Taylor scores a pair in the eighth inning as the Dodgers go on and score four runs in that bottom half of the eighth inning. They go on and beat the Angels seven to one. Is the final. As the Dodgers saw Jackson Ferris pitch into the fourth inning, Ben Kisparius and inning into two thirds, Jack Dryer pitch than any, Alex Vessi and Kirby Yates would come in and pitch the back two innings of the game, combining for five strikeouts. Dodgers pitchers at all had twelve punchouts last night in the seven to one win over the Anaheim Angels. And now the Freeway Series shifts down to Anaheim to the Big A. Tyler Glass now on the mound and with more we head out to the gallopin Motors Broadcast booth as we say hello in good afternoon to Tim Neverett and Rigmunday.
Speaker 5: Guys, Tim, thank you gorgeous night south of Los Angeles and Orange County at Angels Stadium tonight, game two of the Freeway Series. Dodgers winning last night in the opener at Dodgers Stadium, and tonight Tyler Glasdow makes his final tune up before he'll pitch in the regular season. He'll go against newcomer Ryan Johnson, the young right hander twenty.
Speaker 4: Two years of age.
Speaker 5: Was homeschooled and he went to Dallas Baptist played there, and he's going to go for the Angels. Angels ten seventeen and four in spring training play the Dodgers thirteen eight and oh and mo. The good news today is that Mookie Betts has been able to hold down food I know, that's kind of a funny baseball headline, right that a player's able to hold down food, but he just hasn't been able to. He talked to the media last night after the game at Dodger Stadium and he said, the you know, the big problem is the fact that he's just been throwing up. He threw up yesterday, but today he went through an entire workout, had food, solid food, and everything's okay right now.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I worked out yesterday before the ball game and then got sick right after. You talked about after he did consume some food. He's lost a lot of weight, you know, he came said he went to spring turning at one seventy five. He may be down to one fifty at the present time. So that's a big weight loss, no question about it. But the fact that he had the workout at Dodgers Stading this afternoon and was able to keep food down. Question is Dave robertson. Look, there's an outside chance he could play in tomorrow's game. They expect him to be ready for the opener that against the Detroit Tigers in the home opener, no question about that. But there's a lot of stuff that's going on, including we get an update on show Heyton today. We understand now he's not thrown a bullpen session since the twenty fifth of February. Well he's going to have a bullpen session on Saturday. What that means, well, stay tuned, we'll find out. But at least he's progressing as well. And the other part too, is we found out that Freddy Freeman's look it may be just you know, tearing adhesions in that rib area, and he's raring to go. So we'll have a little bit different lineup today, in particular with Austin Barnes will do the catching. Other than that, pretty much.
Speaker 5: The same, Yeah, Admin hitting second and in center field. Pie has gets the night off, well the first half of the night off anyway, and again with Barnes behind the plate, Chris Oki expecting to back him up, with Will Smith getting the night off back in Los Angeles.
Speaker 6: I really like the mix to tim of this ball club seeing a lot of different faces, and we're going to see that probably especially scentuated tomorrow in the final practice game quote unquote of the season. Then get down to a serious business. I would expect starters tomorrow. It'll be basically they'll get a little sniff of the game and then most of them would drive down to Anaheim, jumping the cars and get home and get to get ready for the season. Officially open up a home.
Speaker 5: And they will be ready to do that for sure. Dodgers Angels Game two of the Freeway series right around the corner on a gorgeous night in Anaheim.
Speaker 3: Tim all right, thank you guys, as a count you down to first pitch.
Speaker 2: Dodger fans, get your game day meal on at Shaky's Pizza Parlor or your Shaky's Pizza and Chicken and Mojo's right now at Shaky's dot com. We're off and running here on Dodgers on Deck coming up. Well here for the manager Dave Roberts. We will check in with David Bass say we got your prize picks, double play of the game. We'll dive deeper to this pitching matchup. But I'm next sure Otani rewind and we'll visit with Kirsten Watson from Sports in a n LA. That's all coming up as we lead you up to Dodgers and Angels from the Big A and Anaheim.
Speaker 3: Thanks for being with us. I'm Tim Kaates, is the world champion Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: Its Lorono Casino Dodgers on Dodgers on y'all on, the official home of LA Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 2: Dodgers and Angels Freeway Series from the Big A and Anaheim.
Speaker 3: Game two of this three game exhibition series.
Speaker 2: Dodgers regular season home opener is on Thursday against the Detroit Tigers. Tyler Glass now on the Mountain tonight and in his final tune up before the regular season first pitch coming up in.
Speaker 3: Six oh seven.
Speaker 1: This is the.
Speaker 2: Ree Why Well Show Hey Otani last night designated hitter lead off. He was zero for one with the walk just to at bats before coming out of the game and the exhibition win over the Angels seven to one. Show Hey Otani making his return to Anaheim back in the lineup tonight, Game two of this Freeway series for the Dodgers, batting leadoff as you're designated hit her.
Speaker 1: This is Kirston's Corner with Kirston Watson, Hey.
Speaker 2: Kirson now joints just from the Big A and Anaheim. Brought to you by Cars for Kids. Ready to donate your old car? Call eight seven to seven Cars for Kids now friendly agent standing by to take your donation. That's cars with the k donate your car today. All right, what is the latest today on Mookie Bets Kirston.
Speaker 7: Yeah, so we obviously spoke with him yesterday with the media and he was saying that he was able to get to throw a workout on the field. But the biggest thing is that he hasn't been able to keep food down. Smoothies and liquids have been pretty much okay for him, but when it comes to solids, it just hasn't been able to And obviously this is a very demanding sport on your body.
Speaker 8: You have to fuel yourself properly.
Speaker 7: He's already lost so much weight, so that's a key factor for anyone. So today he actually was back at Dodger Stadium, he went through a full workout. He actually so far has been able to keep food down. Dave Roberts didn't know if it's maybe just another day of time with him kind of healing from that stomach virus. He did share that Mookie shared yesterday that he the doctors gave him another medication, so that could be hopefully one of the things that's pushing him in the right direction. But he is now officially scheduled to be in the lineup tomorrow here in Anaheim.
Speaker 8: Take a few at bats.
Speaker 7: If that goes well and he's still able to keep food down, we could be seeing him on opening Day on Thursday in the lineup. So it's what Mookie said, as long as things continue to progress in the right direction, because he has been adamant that he does feel better, it's just.
Speaker 8: Unable to keep food down.
Speaker 7: So if that is now the case in which he can keep food down, we're in a really good spot for him to be in.
Speaker 8: The lineup come opening Day.
Speaker 7: But what we have heard is today was a very good day for him, so we will take it.
Speaker 3: Let's hope it continues to be a good day for Mookie.
Speaker 2: Tyler Glass now hoping for a good final outing before the regular season starts.
Speaker 7: Yeah, his final tune up of spring, and it's been a really strong one for him. He came in with a couple of mechanical adjustments to create a really more focus on a more athletic delivery and what that means for him with how he lands on the mound. You don't see it too much and kind of if you were looking at a side by side video. It's really just kind of where his upper half land and how he's a little bit more bent over when he finishes kind of his follow through to the mound. So for him, he really believes that the small changes and the adjustments that he has made to his delivery is going to have just a longer impact on him, keeping him available throughout the season, so keeping him healthier. So Dave Roberts does feel that for Tyler coming into this season, he has so much more clarity.
Speaker 8: His body feels really good.
Speaker 7: Everyone is really hopeful that he's going to have a really strong season, and they think it's due to the delivery changes and then of course that mental clarity. So for today, we'll probably see him out there for about five innings. That's the plan for him. And then his next his regular season start is going to be in that second series against the Braves. He's going to have Game one, which I believe is Monday, so he'll have right after opening weekend. He'll have that Game one of the Brave Series on Monday.
Speaker 3: Game two of the Freeway Series coming up.
Speaker 2: Curiously, we appreciate it's still to come here Ono Casino Dodgers on Deck will dive deep into.
Speaker 3: This benching matchup.
Speaker 2: David Vasego's one on one with C T three Chris Taylor.
Speaker 3: But I'm next.
Speaker 2: We'll get you an injury report and we'll hear from the manager himself, Dave Roberts to leading up to Dodgers and Angels on this Monday night. It's the Freeway Series from the Big A and Anaheim. I'm Tim Kates and this is the world champion Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: This is Marongo Casino Dodgers Hunting game on your home for LA Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 2: It's a Dodgers and the Angels is Marongo Casino Dodgers on deck continues, Marongo Casino Resort and Spa a Grand Slam for good times.
Speaker 3: Game two of the Freeway Series.
Speaker 2: Tyler Glass now on the mountain, first pitch coming up at six oh seven.
Speaker 1: It's the LA Dodgers Injury.
Speaker 2: Report presented by UCLA Healthy Official Medical partner the Los Angeles Dodgers. Mookie Betts not in the lineup tonight, still bothered by that virus. The good news is he is able to keep down foods, which he hasn't been able to do in the last week plus, so hopefully he's training in the right direction and it can maybe get a start underneath his belt in the Freeway Series finale tomorrow and be ready for the home opener on Thursday against the Detroit Tigers. Nine pitchers to start the season on the ie off of the Dodgers, Tony Gonsolin, Kyle Hurt, Clayton Kershaw, Michael Kopek, Evan Phillips, Emmitt she and Bruce dar graderal Nardo Henriquez, and Michael Grove. All right, let's head back down to the Big A. Headed to the dugout and check out the Dodgers skipper.
Speaker 3: Anything else, any questions for Dave?
Speaker 5: Dave?
Speaker 1: Can you just describe Dave?
Speaker 3: Can you talk about the pressure in.
Speaker 9: The dugouts with Dave Roberts talk to Mooki today and it really encouraged. Went through a full day today at Dodgers Stadium. He hit, took grounders through, kept food down, which is great, and so my expectation is that he plays tomorrow and takes a few bouts.
Speaker 10: How Like, concerning was his getting that it was kind of lasting the song and like the eating part, especially that cleaning the.
Speaker 9: Bugget at this point it was. It was, Yeah, I think it was getting to be pretty concerning because there really isn't something to kind of compare what he was going through, and so I just think we were just trying to remain positive, but it was really disconcerting. Still trying to stay optimistic. But I do think that Mookie's turned a corner again. Talked to him, said he feels great on his way home, and you know, expects to kind of play tomorrow. So right now we're in a good spot.
Speaker 10: If he plays tomorrow, he'd be ready for.
Speaker 9: Thursday, I think. So.
Speaker 7: Yeah, you had mentioned last night that he was going to try into medication. Do you think that's what's been kind of the turnaround for him? Or maybe just another day of rest.
Speaker 9: I think we kind of kind of He was alluding to getting to a common denominator on kind of a diet kind of situation. So I'll let him speak to that more.
Speaker 11: So when you say that he got been today, because that mean he did try solid food, because he said he taking that down.
Speaker 5: He did.
Speaker 9: He did. He tried solid food, kept it down, got through his workout, and it's going to go home and eat some more solid food.
Speaker 2: He said last night.
Speaker 11: He put him on some new medication that he helped solve the problems.
Speaker 9: A part of this equation, you know what, Dave, It's probably probably part of it, but maybe not all of it, but maybe part of it.
Speaker 11: Yet, I was so, you know, no, Mary encourage leaves tomorrow like he was doubtful about Thursday.
Speaker 9: He was doubtful, and we'll just kind of leave it as we'll see how tomorrow goes.
Speaker 3: Obviously, you want how nice is it that you have two quality shortstops the back and some that position in Robosto.
Speaker 9: It's great. I mean it's like there's not many teams that can afford to lose, you know, a guy like Mookie bets at a premium position and really not lose anything on the defensive side with Mickey Rowe and obviously Tommy who can play anywhere, so we're better with Mookie. But certainly, you know, it's a team that can certainly keep moving forward.
Speaker 8: Getting started throwing bullpens against if.
Speaker 9: You guys have a skin, Yeah, he's gonna throw a pen on Saturday, and the kind of start to go, yeah, yeah, So once he gets to the pen on Saturday, then I think that we'll have a better idea of what a what a plan looks like.
Speaker 2: Would you guys look at it like probably knowing that you don't be like twenty or twenty five.
Speaker 9: Stars happen this year.
Speaker 3: It's just like trying to get him and the play we wants at the.
Speaker 1: End of the season.
Speaker 9: Yeah, that's that's yeah, I think that's totally fair. And also just appreciating that it's the second Tommy John getting ready for a major league season with the with the bat, with his left shoulder surgery, and really understand that this is a long term play for Shaw hates well being. Also so making sure that we're as cautious and careful as we possibly can. And yeah, for twenty twenty five, the most important piece of this is having them be able to do both, you know, through the end of the season and through October.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you can ever be too cautious with the seven hundred million dollar Man Show. Hey o Tani, who is in the lineup tonight as your designated hitter for the Dodgers.
Speaker 3: When we continue here on Dodgers on Deck.
Speaker 2: We'll check in with the David Vassay as we lead up to first pitch Game two this Freeway series Dodgers and Angels from the Big A and Anaheim.
Speaker 3: I'm Tim Kase's the world champion Los Angeles Dodgers on your newhere.
Speaker 1: This is Marongo Casino Dodgers on dech on your home for the Blue All.
Speaker 2: Season Low Dodgers and Angels, Tyler Glasnell, Ryan Johnson The Bitching matchup Game two of this three game exhibition Freeways series from the Big A and Anahi.
Speaker 3: First Bitch coming up six oh.
Speaker 1: Seven, Joining Tim kats On Dodgers on Deck.
Speaker 11: I accept everybody for who they are.
Speaker 1: This is Dodger insider David Basse alright.
Speaker 3: DV Freddie Freeman.
Speaker 11: How's he feeling a lot better than he was in Tokyo?
Speaker 8: Last night?
Speaker 4: He was zero for two.
Speaker 11: The results don't really matter. He swung freely, and today he's back in the starting lineup in the stadium that he grew up loving baseball and watching the two world champion Halos. And I had a chance to catch up with Freddy, first time he has spoken on the record since he missed those two games in Tokyo.
Speaker 12: Came in today filming pretty good and didn't feel anything on swings or anything like that. So it seems like it to be a scar tissue, so that's a good thing. Not with how much progress it made in that day because I really had to fight play game two because I was feeling pretty good. But I think it was ultimately a smart decision. But feel good today playing back to back and I'll play again tomorrow, so hopefully the afterthought by third day.
Speaker 11: In that situation, you don't know if one swing is going.
Speaker 12: To reaggregate exactly exactly. That's why we kind of played on the cautionary side of it, just because I was able to hit in the cage and do whatever I wanted to on game on the day of Game two, but just didn't know of game.
Speaker 3: Speed if it would make it come up again.
Speaker 12: So I thought we ultimately did the right decision. Unfortunately I got cave, but I feel good.
Speaker 3: So missing two.
Speaker 12: Games over the course and could have missed six weeks probably the best decision.
Speaker 11: Hey, there you go, you got it straight from Freddy Freeman. Tim He is feeling confident that whatever was ailing him in Tokyo to make him miss those two games is behind him, so you don't have to hold your breath every time he comes to the plate.
Speaker 3: David has driven by four I there's one thing we like.
Speaker 2: It's choice is yours with a four f one to fifty gas hybrid all electric tough. This march can only be called f one fifty. Speaking of tough, Mooki bets a tough guy to deal with that stomach ailment DV and it looks like he's maybe on the uptick here.
Speaker 11: Yes, he actually worked out at Dodgers Stadium earlier today.
Speaker 4: He took round balls.
Speaker 11: He hid in the cage, and Dave Roberts said he was encouraged after speaking to Mookie Bets, and he went as far as to say that Mooki will join the Dodgers in Anaheim tomorrow and play in the final game of this exhibition freeway series. He wouldn't go as far as to say that he is definitely in on Thursday for the home opener. He wants to wait and see how Mooky comes out of tomorrow's game. Tomorrow's day, and I asked Dave whether or not he was able to eat or Mooki was able to eat solid food and keep it down, and he said yes, Mooki was able to eat solid food and not vomit. So that's a big win for a that has not been able to do something like that the last two weeks. And it makes you wonder whether or not the medication that he was given start to irritate his stomach, because last night Mooki said that the doctors put him on new medication, hopefully to help him turn the corner.
Speaker 3: And it seems after just one day it may have.
Speaker 2: Let's hope he has turned the corner. DV appreciate it. We'll check it with back with you in a few minutes. Coming up here on Marago Casino Dodgers on Deck, we'll hear from rig Monday.
Speaker 3: We'll get your prize picks.
Speaker 2: Double play of the game, will dive deeper into this pitching matchhop but up next your Dodgers Magical Moment Dodgers Angels a Freeway Series on this Monday night. I'm Tim Kass, the world champion Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: As we were saying, this is Marongo Casino Dodgers on Deck on the official home of La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 2: Dodgers and Angels Freeway Series. Game two of this three game exhibition series. Tiler Glass Now Ryan Johnson the pitching matchup. First pitch of the big a set for six oh seven.
Speaker 3: I thought without a hot dog, who wins the Hot Cup?
Speaker 1: It's time for the Hawfy Magical Moment. Pitch Magical presented by Hawfy hot Dogs.
Speaker 2: Well then you go back to August, to twenty third of last year, Dodgers taken on the Rays and it was a historical day for show.
Speaker 3: Hey Otani, here we.
Speaker 13: Go, Posha too old Tony high fly ball right field, hit pretty deep on the track, series at the wall bite it is over, so Hey Old Tani joins the forty forty Cup in the most grand fashions.
Speaker 9: Hey walk off gread flows the mob.
Speaker 3: At the play it's the Dodgers. So great ay seven three win.
Speaker 2: Show Hey, HiT's a walk off Grand Slam to become this six forty forty player in MLB history. It was Otani's first career walk off home run and the first walk off home run by a Dodger since May third, twenty twenty three, when Max Munsey did it against the Phillies. This Hofey Magical Moment brought to you by Hofey hot Dogs, Haffey so cast local treasure for nearly one hundred years, Hoffy hot Dogs Local and so Great I.
Speaker 3: Continue here on Dodgers on Deck.
Speaker 2: We'll check in with Rick Monday and we'll get your Prize Picks Double Play of the game. Don't go anywhere lead you have to first pitch on this Monday Dodgers and Angels. I'm Tim Kasiser, World Champion Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: Is Lorongo Casino. Dodgers on the Dodgers on Deck. Y'all on the official home of La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 2: It's a Rodgers and Angels, the Freeway Series in the Big A and Anaheim Tyler Glass Now Ryan Johnson. The pitching matchup still to come. We'll get you the keys to the gamble here from Chris Taylor. Will dive deeper into this pitching matchup a time. Now for the Prize Picks double play.
Speaker 3: The game got him with the two for.
Speaker 4: One hard shot to third, drove the second on the first double What double toll tis?
Speaker 1: This is the Prize Picks double Play of the Day.
Speaker 2: Join the more than ten million members playing daily fantasy sports at Prize Picks. Down the Prize Picks app right now and use the code go Blue and get fifty dollars instantly after you play your first five dollars a lineup that's go blue. When you sign up with Prize Picks, you just pick more or less on at least two players for a shot to win up to one thousand times your cash. Whether it's strikeouts, RBI's first ending runs, you pick more or less at Prize Picks again, use the promo code when you sign up Go Blue.
Speaker 3: Here are my two picks for tonight. You can use them. Dodger starter Tyler Glass now more six strikeouts?
Speaker 1: Well.
Speaker 2: Last spring training outing against the White Sox in Arizona, he had six strikeouts. I'm gonna say more than six strikeouts for Tyler Glass. Now, how about Giants starter Robbie Ray. Giants taking on the Tigers up at Oracle Park in a spring training game. Robbie Ray more or less six strikeouts. I'm gonna go more than six strikeouts for Robbie Ray. Price picks use the code go blue.
Speaker 1: And now joined by David Basseying, here's la Dodgers broadcast there and World Series champion Dodger Rick Monday.
Speaker 11: Rick, We're down in Anaheim for a game two of the Freeways series, and the Dodgers have Tyler Glass now on the Mound, who could be the opening days stur for twenty eight or twenty nine other teams, but the Dodgers don't need him until the second series of the season.
Speaker 6: Nice luxury, isn't it. Yeah, you start to look at the starting pitching and it takes not just the twenty six man roster, it takes the forty man roster. We saw that last year both in the starting rotation and in the bullpen. We saw it also in postseason play on top of that. So yeah, it's a nice luxury to have for Tyler Glass. Now he knows exactly where he fits in and fortunately with the schedule he doesn't have to come out of the shoot and do that. There's some other arms that are right there in the meantime. It's all well and good to have the starting pitching, but then you have to add the other ingredients too, and that is you can't win games if you don't have offense. And this is a ball club, if it's healthy and really performing, is going to have a lot of offense again this year. And I also look at the other aspect that I think that gets overlooked. The Dodgers did not beat themselves very many times defensively. I think that's one of the areas of this ball club and the organization too.
Speaker 3: For that batter.
Speaker 6: They've really got overlooked last year.
Speaker 11: And speaking of defense, the Dodgers tonight are going to have Tommy Edmond get some work in center field and keyk is playing second Do.
Speaker 6: You like that segue I gave you, Yeah you did. It worked out really well. And Edmund is one of those Swiss army knives that the Dodgers have. And I've said this many many times, the Dodgers don't just have guys that can play other positions. They have players can play other positions very well. It's not like, oh, they're primarily a second basement, for example, but you can plug him in somewhere else. No, You've got guys who can play other positions and play them very well.
Speaker 11: The Dodgers have so many stars, but Tommy Edmond my favorite player to watch.
Speaker 6: Yeah, because he catches you by surprise. He's not in the main spotlight, but when you turn on those other lights, he's the guy that gets you. He's the guy quite frankly, and we talked this last year in postseason playing you know the guys that really hurt you. You don't spend as much time on in the pregame meetings. No, they're gonna you know, they're gonna spend time on show Heyo, Tonic. You know they're gonna spend time on Mookie Bets. You know they're gonna spend times on Freddie Freeman, Tiascar, Hernanez, Will Smith, Max Munsey, all those other guys. Maybe the guy that you don't really look at that closely in the lineup, And I think history will kind of bear this out. There's somebody that stands up like they've never stood up before, and there's nothing as far as the overall effect from a physical standpoint. The attributes that is lacking with Tommy Edmund. But he adds another dimension too. He thinks baseball very well.
Speaker 11: You hear in basketball point guards have great court vision and court awareness. Can you apply that to Tommy Edmund?
Speaker 6: The middle of it, You better believe it, and it's important to be able to do it, especially if you're playing in the middle of the middle of the diamond second base or shortstop for center field. On top of it, the anticipation, which goes back to spring training. You look at records of teams in spring training. Are they overrated, Yes, sometimes they're underrated, yes, no question about it. But how they played the game, the awareness, the anticipation foul ball, for example, tonight, watch the ball to the right. You got seven guys out there infield and outfield combined. They should be moving in the direction of that foul ball that maybe goes into second deck, but anticipating reading the ball off the bench. And if you get guys that are standing out there like a statue, they're not really in the ballgame. They're not anticipating. So how you play the game.
Speaker 11: I've heard Rick Monday say a few times he bought a ticket to the game. He was a spectator. You don't want to be that guy on the field.
Speaker 6: Yeah, and you snuck in again tonight.
Speaker 3: Thanks Rick. Always great to see David.
Speaker 11: We'll check in with you and Tim Neverett a little bit later in the show, but for now we'll send it back to Burbank.
Speaker 2: All right, thanks a lot, DV, Thank you, Moo Dodger fans. Start your future at California Community College on asel Ay and is available to help you with tuition, books, and sometimes even the rent.
Speaker 3: It's time to take that next big step.
Speaker 2: Classes they can fill up quickly, so enroll today and I can go to college dot com. Still to come here On Dodgers on Deck, we'll get you a preview of this pitching matchup. Rick be back with Tim. Never get you those keys to the game before first pitch, but I'm next you go high and tight it with CT three. Chris Taylor drove it a couple of runs last night. Looking to finish off the spring on a positive note, getting ready for the home opener on Thursday. It's a Dodgers and Angels the Freeway Series from the Big A and Anaheim.
Speaker 3: I'm Tim Kase's the world champion Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: This is Morongo Casino Dodgers Hunting game on your home for La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 3: It's a Dodgers and Angels the Freeway Series. Tyler Glass now Ryan Johnson the pitching match up.
Speaker 2: More on Johnson coming up second round pick a year ago the Angels, hasn't even pitched in professional baseball, and he's gonna hopefully make the roster for the Angels coming out of spring training. Dodgers Baseball brought to you by Zen She handcrafted Sushi. Getting ready to enjoy the game. Need a quick meal that's affordable and the whole family can enjoy. Pick up Zen she handcrafted sushi.
Speaker 3: Zen.
Speaker 2: She is made fresh on site daily by professionally trained sushi chefs with precision, passion, and a tradition. You can taste find Zen she handcrafted sushi near the deli counter at Ralphs.
Speaker 3: Zen. She always fast, fresh and easy.
Speaker 1: And now what will likely be vast fielding insults from a Dodger player.
Speaker 3: It's an engagement of endearment.
Speaker 1: This this high and tight.
Speaker 11: Well, he's from Virginia Beach, but now he is belonging to Manhattan Beach. Don't forget him on the East Coast. We're joined right now by Chris Taylor in Anaheim. I got all the cities. See, I'm everywhere you go. I'm right by your side. I know the whole Taylor travels.
Speaker 10: I don't even know what to say that, including Tokyo.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 11: I try to link up with you and Mary, but you guys ditched me as soon as the plane landed, did you guys enjoy?
Speaker 10: I never got an invite from you. I don't know what you're talking about. We had a great time, though, Obviously, Mary is half Japanese. Her mom is full of Japanese, so her parents were there as well, and they had never been to Japan. So that was a cool experience for the whole family. And we explored all of Tokyo, got around and we had a good time.
Speaker 11: Now you're back here in state side spring training for you. Was it different than years past or were you able to have the same type of focus on what you want to get ready for.
Speaker 10: No, it was a little different. I am in a different position this year, was in a different position at the start of spring training where I was. My focus was on performing. You know, I wanted to perform and like kind of earn my spot. And you know, I still don't feel like I played up to my capability, and you know, I think, and to answer your question, in previous years, it's been a little bit more about preparing yourself for this season and not so much about the results. This spring was a little bit more. You know, I was trying to take every bat like you know, it was regular season, and I was trying to play that way.
Speaker 11: Throughout your years with the Dodgers, you've played all over You've been versatile, and you've played basically every day, no matter what the position was. What's the adjustment for you now to be coming off the bench.
Speaker 10: I honestly, I've been coming off the bench for a while now. I don't think it's like an adjustment this year. I guess the biggest disparity would be the playing time. Is I'm not getting off the bench quite as often, or you know, I'm going a little longer without at bat, without live at bats, So that's an adjustment, and just making sure I get that extra work in, get the live at bats when I need them, try to hit off the traject and the machine, and just make sure I'm ready to go, you know, whenever my number is called.
Speaker 11: I've heard about this trajectory machine where it simulates where the ball's coming out of a pitcher's hand. Does it really prepare you better than having it just hitting off a tee or does it make a difference to actually pick up the baseball.
Speaker 10: Yeah, it's just another way to challenge you. I think it's the closest you can get to live at bat without actually facing a picture. You know, there's a lot of times in batting practice or in the cage where you can trick yourself and you can think you're in a good spot and then you get in the game and maybe you don't feel quite as good as you thought you did. And the traject for me, it's just kind of checking that box where that'll let me know right away if my swing or if I'm in a good spot, and if I feel good off the traject, then there's I'll probably feel pretty good off of a live arm.
Speaker 11: A lot of great moments with Chris Taylor wearing this Dodger uniform. There's more to come. Thanks a lot for the time, appreciate it, and we'll see you on Thursday.
Speaker 10: All right, sounds good.
Speaker 11: Thank you, there is Chris Taylor. We'll send it back to you in the studio.
Speaker 3: Tim, all right, thanks a lot. DV, thank you.
Speaker 2: CT three Dodgers Baseball's right to you by Shaky's Pizza Parlor, the official pizza partner of the Dodgers audio broadcasts. When it's game night, it's group night at Shaky's dot Com. Or leading you up to first pitch Dodgers and Angels the Freeway Series up next, we'll dive deeper to this pitching matcher.
Speaker 3: Don't go anywhere.
Speaker 2: I'm Tim kas Is the world champion Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: This is Marongo Casino Dodgers on deck on your home for the blue all season long.
Speaker 2: Dodgers Angels, Game two of this three game exhibition Freeway Series.
Speaker 3: First pitch at six point seven.
Speaker 1: And now before the Dodgers hit the diamond, we look at the pitching matchup.
Speaker 3: Here is hit about your Southern California.
Speaker 2: Toyota dealers work hard and play hard in a New Tacoma with an IFOCE turbo charge engine. It's a truck built for the bulls. See hear Toyota dealer today. They make it easy. Ryan Johnson twenty two year old right hender, big guy six y six, second round pick last year out a Dallas Baptist. He was a compensation pick for the Angels they received for shoe Otani leaving in free agency to the Dodgers. Last year in college, one hundred and six innings to twenty one one hundred and fifty one strikeouts, which is a school record. He's known for his hrky jerky delivery, a three quarter armslot throwing motion. He throws five pitches, with his fastball and slider being the best. He didn't pitch in the miners last year after getting drafted, so this is his first taste of professional baseball. Tyler Glass Now the thirty one year old right hander on the mount for the Dodgers, making his final start here this spring. Dodgers and Angels were fifteen minutes away. First pitch key to the game are next. I'm Tim Kaseson's World champion Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: As we were saying, this is Marongo Casino Dodgers on jack on, the official home of La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 2: Dodgers Angels Freeway Series, Game two of this three game set from the big Game. They'll play one more Tomorrow day off, and then the home opener on Thursday against the Tigers. Tyler glasnow on the Mountain, first pitch coming up in just a few minutes. Before that, though, we head back out to the booth with Rick Monday and Tim Never guess.
Speaker 5: Tim, thanks again as we catch you out of the first pitch here at Angels Stadium in Anaheim. Ryan Johnson, a guy who has never faced the Dodgers before, is one to zero in spring training play. Was drafted last year, never pitched in a league game. First time he pitched in a competitive game was during spring training this year, and now he'll do it under the lights tonight against the World champions.
Speaker 6: Yeah, five different appearances out of the bullpen, nine or the third innings over in Arizona. There's an outside chance, in talking to some of the the Angel people, outside chance he could make the team out of the bullpen. He's expected to go about two innings into night's bowl game. Only I knows besides the fact of big guys six six to begin with. Understand he pitches very aggressively.
Speaker 5: So Ryan Johnson will pitch against the Dodger hitters. It'll be Tiler Glassnow on the hill. He's only won this spring and coming off a piggyback start with Blake Snell in Japan against the Hanshin Tigers, so expecting him to go a little deeper as he gets ready to wind down his preseason.
Speaker 6: I just wonder if his game plan is going to be to work on the breaking ball a little bit more. The last time out, he threw some really good ones and then were a couple of there were kind of a pedestrian as far as Glasnow's pitch, because when he is really on, he is really on with that breaking ball. Obviously a good overpowering fastball to go with it.
Speaker 5: Ryan Johnson against Tyler Glasnow is the Dodgers try to wrap up the Freeway Series after winning last night's Game one at Dodgers Stadium. Dodgers and the Angels coming up on a beautiful night in Anaheim.
Speaker 2: Timp all right, first bitch when we come back, don't forget David Vassans got you cover with all the postgame festivities, including Dodger talk as well Dodgers Angels.
Speaker 3: Game two of the Freeway Series is next.
Speaker 2: I'm Tim Kats and this is the world champion Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network